Speaker 1: The Just Baseball Show is presented by BETMGM. If you haven't signed up for BETMGM yet, use bonus code just Baseball and you will get up to a fifteen hundred dollars first bet offer on your first wager with BETMGM. Here's how it works. Step one, download the bet MGM app and sign up using bonus code just Baseball. Deposit at least ten dollars, and place your first wager on any game. Step three, you'll receive up to fifteen hundred dollars in bonus bets if your bet loses. Just make sure to use bonus code just Baseball when you sign up. First bet offer for new customers only, subject to eligibility requirements. Rewards are non withdrawable bonus bets that expire in seven days. In partnership with Kansas Crossing Casino and Hotel US promotional offers not available in North Carolina, New York, Nevada, Ontario, or Puerto Rico. Gambling problem Call one eight hundred Gambler. Available in the United States call eight seven seven dash eight dash, hope and Why, or text hope and Why to four six seven three six'. Nine In New, york call one eight hundred next step In. Arizona one eight hundred three two seven five zero five zero In, massachusetts one eight hundred bets off In. Iowa one eight hundred NINE a one zero zero two three In Puerto. Rico or visit one eight hundred gambler dot. Net that's www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net In West. Virginia don't forget if you haven't signed up FOR betmgm, yet use bonus code Just baseball and get your fifteen hundred dollars first bet offer Today.
Speaker 2: Sat Lakes, By we will see You ti to's The. Gunner, welcome hang, Out Happy. Monday it Is august.
Speaker 1: Nineteenth you Got jack McMullin AND i Am Peter roffl and welcome To.
Speaker 2: Jacket those fingers ready the weekend.
Speaker 1: Round up or the two of us are going to go through every series from the past. Weekend we got a couple of. Takeaways we're gonna summarize them all and it is all brought to you by BET, mgm The king of sports. Books, remember, folks download BET mgm on iOS Or android and use code Just. Baseball why you get a first bet offer back up to fifteen hundred dollars in bonus bets if you. Lose so when you download BET, mgm use code just baseball and you place a. Wager if it, loses you can get that amount that you put on it up to fifteen hundred dollars back in bonus, bets and if you, win you gots you want to. BET i won the first Bet i've had in a while on The Texas rangers money, line and we're going to break down that, series so make sure to go use that. Code but remember gambling problem call or text one eight. Hundred gambler must be twenty one or. Older terms and conditions.
Speaker 2: Applied.
Speaker 1: Jack right before we press the record, BUTTON i asked how is your? Weekend and you SAID i basically did, nothing and then you follow it up with the fact that you Interviewed Bubba chandler And Thomas harrington in The pirates, organization SO i had to at least have been it.
Speaker 2: Was, yeah it was a good. Weekend those will be live on the call, UP i think this, week so you, know stay tuned with. That also a couple of notable call ups within. Organizations Christian, campbell The Red sox is going To. Wooster campbell has been one of the better performers in all of minor league baseball this, year and all of a sudden you got a middle infield and woosta Of Marcelo meyer And Christian, Campbell and when you ask what's up With Von, grissom you kind of throw your hands up in the sky and it's, LIKE i don't. Know so Did atlanta Get Chris sale for a guy that's phased out within a? YEAR i don't. Know we'll. SEE i do have one complaint from the, weekend if you'll be so generous to hear.
Speaker 1: It AND i quickly interject TO i love your energy right now for the weekend round, up BECAUSE i, asked how was your? Weekend about those, interviews you go straight to that and then you go straight to a different call up in The Red sox organization without even talking about your own.
Speaker 2: Weekend what DID i? DO i Watched furiosa again on my. iPad i got in bed at seven point thirty On saturday. Night it was. AWESOME i had, agreed it's. Awesome, yeah so, YEAH i Watched furiosa and THEN i watched like the starters get through the late, slate AND i was, like you know, WHAT i think it's time For Betty. By let's do this at ten. O'clock it was. Awesome but my one complaint before we get into, THIS i somehow stumbled upon AND i never do this because like the only time THAT i spend on TikTok is on the Just baseball, account and Then instagram reels are always what like three weeks to a month behind. TikTok it's, like you, know you see.
Speaker 1: The hours posted at the same exact, time we're one of the few probably not, anymore yes.
Speaker 2: Hours having said, that the current trends in social media go on TikTok and then three weeks later they matriculate over To instagram, REELS i somehow caught something in my x and My instagram algorithm in real, time and it's the demure thing that everybody's. DOING i can't stand. It like that's like a curse word to me right.
Speaker 1: Now, okay So i'm on social media a. LOT i run all of our. Socials you, KNOW i had never heard of. That it hadn't come up in my. Algorithm and it's so funny that you mentioned, it because, legitimately thirty minutes before we started the, show BEFORE i press the. Record but my girlfriend is talking about how crazy this new trend is about demurre and being.
Speaker 2: Class here What i'm, mindful very, demure And i'm, LIKE i don't like.
Speaker 1: This but Now i'm being hit from both, sides you and. Her what AM i supposed to do? Here go watch a stupid trend now to understand what the hell both of you are talking?
Speaker 2: ABOUT i? Think?
Speaker 1: So, yeah all, right well let's do the weekend round up because we're gonna break down every series from this past. Weekend but right before we, Do i'm rocking my New Just baseball tea AND i highly recommend everybody go check it. Out it's a new line of t. Shirts of, Course i'm rocking My Just baseball, hat BUT i just got into the. Mail this is The yankee. One it's just baseball logos intertwined with everybody's favorite. Team so go check that out in the merch store. Below SO i have seven series THAT i. Summarized jack has the last, Eight So i'll summarize the, series throw it over To jack for a. Takeaway he'll do the same for, his and then we'll wish everybody a Happy. Monday we're gonna start In, Queens New york where The marlins The, mets and In game, one The mets won seven to. Three jeff McNeil And Brandon nimmo led the offense with home, runs And nimo's home run actually snapped a zero for seventeen. Skid they drove in five of the seven. Runs Now sean AND i also wanted to shout at. Him out seven, innings three, earned four. K's HIS era is down to three four to. Six what a pickup for The mets this. Year And Roderiy munos had only allowed one run to The mets in eleven innings over two starts this, season but his third start four earned in three and a, third so The Roddery munos over The mets curse might officially be. Over game Two mets win four. Zero this was The Luis Severino, show a complete game shutout for the flame throw in righty nine, innings four, hits no, earned eight. Strikeouts severino's last shutout was On may, second twenty, eighteen with The yankees against The Houston. Ashros both Uh Pete alonso And Francisco lindor had home run in the first two, innings and that was That game, three though The marlins did not get. Swept they went three to. Two Brandon emo hit another home run again in the sixth to give The mets a two to one, lead but The, marlins rallying the, seventh tie it up on a pass ball than A Derreck HILL rbi single ended up being the.
Speaker 2: Difference.
Speaker 1: Now Valente belozo five and a third too. Earned HIS era goes from two to two eight to two four. Five he actually HIS zra went up in that start in thirty eight. Innings he's been a great pitcher for The marlins so, far And Paul blackburn turned in a better start six, innings one, run Four K's mets. Win the series moved to sixty four and. Sixty marlins fall to forty six and seventy. Eight we are six losses away from locking in the biggest bet of my entire, life which was The marlins under seventy eight and a half.
Speaker 2: Wins Valente, Beyozo i've been pretty vocal about not really understanding the big league's success that he's having at this, point and, like, hey credit to. Him he's defying the. Odds BUT i sat here AND i watched The roku game On sunday morning AND i Watched Valente beyoso get through two slicing and dicing with ninety right down the middle and then like a seventy five flipped over, Curveball and that's WHAT i was, watching. Man AND i, mean he was getting bailed out and there was some hard contact and it's just. It it makes my brain hurt Watching Valente beyoso have some. Success my big takeaway from this weekend is it feels Like sev's making himself some. Money, yeah AND i know it's a three to nine to. ONE i know he's had much better. YEARS i know even in what twenty two he had a three to one, eight wasn't throwing innings like. This this guy's over one hundred and forty innings this, Year seve assuming no injury like knock on wood For Luis, severino because obviously that's been an. Issue but If seve gives you one hundred and sixty, five one hundred and seventy innings this, year he's thirty years. Old he's a young thirty years. Old i'm not saying he's an one hundred million dollar, pitcher BUT i think he's earned himself a three to four year deal at this, Point LIKE i seriously think he's making himself some.
Speaker 1: COIN i one hundred percent. Agree and you, know as A yankee fan Like Luis severino coming up was the guy just lasted on.
Speaker 2: TOO i thought he was so.
Speaker 1: ELECTRIC i thought he was going to be The yankees' best pitcher for a, decade and injuries just hurt him and in the last season or so with The yankees just kind of fell apart a little. Bit so he gets another opportunity with The, mets and it's still showcasing the fact that he can flash frontline stuff when he's. On now when he's, off it doesn't exactly look. Great but when we look back at the twenty twenty four season For Luis, SEVERINO i think we're probably going to look at somewhere between the three seven to three to ninety ra and like you, said one hundred and fifty to one hundred and sixty. Innings that's a. Pitcher and to your point about being a young thirty year, old he doesn't have as many innings as most thirty year olds might have to this point when you debut so early in your.
Speaker 2: Career So i'm.
Speaker 1: Curious if teams will look at this and, say, oh, well he just had his healthy. Year do we want to pay and risk the seasons where he's not or do we say we think that this can continue and we want to give you a three year. Deal i'm not so sure me personally locking him into ages thirty one through thirty. Five it is, scary but regardless for The mets at least this, YEAR i, mean another great Pickup sean AND i another great, Pickup like got to give a little bit of credit To stern's. BABY i know that they have the three hundred million dollars, payroll but this was a bridge. Yere they're supposed to be a bridge. Year they're not signing the big time free, agents but the guys that they have, SIGNED i think have been very impactful for.
Speaker 2: Them no, man AND i think like the one, year thirteen million dollar deal For Luis savarino felt at the, time AND i was probably guilty of it. TOO i remember exactly WHERE i stood on, It but didn't that kind of feel like a lot of money for a guy like. That it's like thirteen million dollars over one. Year somebody was gonna do. IT i was, Like, wow The mets are, Allocating they're already tax penalized payroll To Luis. Severino, really here's the.
Speaker 1: THING i don't THINK i reacted that way Because Frankie montos got one year. SIXTEEN i think we do this every time you had a mutual. MONEY i think the money is way more than we all. Think every, Time LIKE i always go super super. High you guys tear it down and then it's like higher than WHAT i even.
Speaker 2: Said, yeah it's it's the.
Speaker 1: Market your congrats on winning the, prices, right, yeah. Exactly all, right let's go to a slightly more entertaining. Series we're gonna travel To Saint. Louis The dodgers took on The cardinals this weekend and In game, One daughters won seven to, six take an early two to zero, lead highlighted By Gavin lux home, run who's been really good for The dodgers. Lately he's even moved up to the three hole in some. Lineups not every, time but that's how Good Gavin lux has. Been and The cardinals stole the lead back on home runs From Paul goldschmidt And Mason. Win now The, dodgers they grabbed the lead and they don't relinquish it on home runs For Amy, Pajes Mookie betts And Kevin, kermeyer and Neither miles Miche list Nor robleski were very. Effective we moved To game, two where The cardinals win five to. Two cardinals snap five game losing, streak led again by home runs For mason win who has been fantastic for, them the young Shortstop Alec, perlson and it's good to See Nolan arnado hitting a home. Run otani hit his thirty, eighth but it just wasn't, enough And Bobby miller's return not great four and two thirds four, earned But Andre polante was great seven innings two, EARNED era down to four point zero. Seven the converted reliever has been very solid in The cardinals. Rotation game, Three daughters win two to. One in the rubber, Match Shoho tani hits his thirty ninth home run to Lead National League Laars newpower hit a home run as, well and the difference was A Miguel ROJAS rbi single Classic Vint Clayton kershaw six, innings no runs, ALLOWED era down to two six, three And Gray Sonny gray was fine five innings two earned Six K'S era to three to nine. One daughters win the series moved to seventy three and fifty. Two cardinals fall to sixty one and sixty.
Speaker 2: Three getting three total runs in A Clayton kershaw Us Sunny gray game is ALL i. WANTED i just wanted a low scoring affair and like you can call it a pitcher's duel if you. Want gray was, Battling kershaw was. Cruising gray was still effective enough And kershaw was flat out. Awesome H Mason win has been a god sent for This cardinals. LINEUP i feel very strongly about.
Speaker 1: That rejection of, youth AND i Know Alec burlison has been great. Too but when we were at THE Nl Central stadium, tour we were sitting next to a bunch Of cardinals fans AND i was, like who's your guys's favorite player right? Now there's four of them sitting next to each. Other all four Said Mason. Win he's electrified this, team which is so much fun because The, CARDINALS i think they're used to seeing these thirty five year old pitchers or Gold schmidt Or aernatto AND i, know, well the contras has been good for them this, year but there's so much age on this, team so to see guys like new bar And, burlison and Especially Mason. Win it's got to Make cardinals fans at least look into the future and, say all, right we're not a bunch of old bags.
Speaker 2: HERE i think the thing that is most exciting About Mason win is that he's set a very high baseline for himself, too Where like it's not when you think exciting, players you, Think, okay the dips are going to be really bad and the peaks are gonna be. AWESOME i think about exciting players around and they're the type that make you want to pull your hair out when they're not, right but have you doing backflips when they're. Right Mason win is better than that because his bad game is not an atrocious game by any. Stretch this guy's super. Talented he's set like a bedrock of, production and then everything else is. Bonus.
Speaker 1: THERE i love that point that you brought, up because there's another shortstop in this, division O'Neil, cruz where his highs.
Speaker 2: Are, yeah this guy's the greatest Thing i've ever. Seen his.
Speaker 1: LOWS i, mean we got to move him off. Shortstop he can't hit. Ednything we said it back out of the bider. Leagues and he looks like a much more exciting. Player he looks like talent compared To Mason, win who is obviously a good. Player but just looking at him on the, field like At Bush, stadium you don't, think, whoa he's Not Ellie Dala. Cruz But i'd wait rather Have mason win than O'Neil.
Speaker 2: Cruz, yeah, NO i mean you you have to Appreciate mason, win not only over three hours in a given, night BUT i think if you went, to you, know all three games in a weekend, set you're gonna walk away saying that win get is damn. Good, yeah he was just gonna be good for a long. TIME i think that's my main takeaway with The mason.
Speaker 1: Win and you love the high floor, too because the defense is always going to be. Fantastic second and then whenever he, hits it's just. Gravy AND i think he's gonna hit for a long. Time all, right let's go To The twins took on The rangers in a four game. Set game One twins win three to. Two Willie castro highlighted The twins offense with a home, run but it was a tie game of the ninth But Carlos, santana AND i saw a tweet From Jolly olive where he, Goes Carlos santanda just hits clutch home runs and walks fifteen percent of the time with a new team every.
Speaker 2: Year and he came up.
Speaker 1: Clutch again here with a, sack fly and the ninth and that ended up being the winning. Run bailey over, again six, innings two, Earned HIS era is down to three four to. Nine has been one of the best pitchers in all of baseball over the last couple of, months And Cody bradford has been pretty damn solid for The. Rangers six, innings two, earned e are to three five zero for the young left, hander but The twins, win and they won again In game, two this time four to. Three Ryan jeffers And Carlos. Santana those homers were, enough But Marcus semi and homer it wasn't. Enough Simmon Woods richardson fine five, innings two, EARNED era to three seven to, Seven andrewheey not, fine four and a third four. Earned he did have eight k's and his areas to four to two. Zero game Three twins win five to. Two rangers had a two to one lead going into the. Eighth the first three games were very, similar But Trevor larnick did hit a home run for The, twins three runs single By Willie, castro scoring two on a throwing era From Leodi. Tavares Kyle farmer also had a sackfly For. Insurance David festa decent five, innings two, Earned evaldi decent seven, innings three, earned are to, three seven to. Six, Now game four arguably the game Of. Sunday rangers win six to five and ten. Innings twins got off to a hot start four runs from the first three, innings highlighted By Ryan jeffers home, run and he had AN rbi. Single rangers score five and the seventh highlighted by home runs From Adolis garcia And Josh. Young Carlos, santana though said this game ain't. Over homeward in the ninth to tie. It Josh, young though walks it off with an infield dribbler to third forced a wide. Throw santana tries to Tag Josh young bounces off his. Back Doli scarcia scores for the. Win pablopez is, great though six, innings zero earned. Runs HIS era is down to four four, seven but The twins win the series and move to seventy and fifty. Four rangers fall to fifty seven and sixty. Eight one thing THAT i just wanted to note as, Well Tyler. Mally he did give up four earned in that last, start BUT i don't really care about the stat. Line WHAT i care about velocity down two miles an hour in his fastball down a mile and a half on all the secondaries as.
Speaker 2: Well not. Good not, Good, no especially coming Off Tommy john. Recovery it's and he looked good in his first two. Starts, YEAH i, mean Like i'm hoping it was just a little blip on the radar and he wasn't feeling great, today but he would bounce, back you, know five. Days So I'm i'm not gonna hit the panic button until it happens. Again if it happens, again me.
Speaker 1: NEITHER i just wanted to bring it. Up, yeah keep it on your. Radar hopefully it's a. Blip and we never mentioned it, again BUT i wanted to notice it because he looked objectively like his arm looked objectively.
Speaker 2: Worse Bailey ober In minnesota going into his last, start was leading all major league starting pitchers all qualified Major league starting pitchers and era over the last two. Months great article On Just, place but on just baseball dot, COM i don't know why that was. Hard LIKE i say it ten times a, DAY i don't know why that was hard for. Me great article On Just baseball Dot com From Matthew morasco highlighting What Bailey ober has meant to The Minnesota. TWINS i also didn't realize that he was in the ninety ninth percentile in off speed run. Value this guy has turned into a. Dog and the fact is man like he's not afraid of the strike. ZONE i know he doesn't throw one hundred miles an. Hour he's not afraid of giving you good stuff in the strike zone and seeing what you can. Do and at testament to, him he's grown into five x the PITCHER i thought he was going to. Be And i've officially lost The Bailey Ober Casey mice. Thing officially lost.
Speaker 1: It he is never never said Ever ice hit ninety eight on a rehab In, charlotte so so So.
Speaker 2: Bailey ober can't throw a ninety eight that hasn't lost it. Yet you're, RIGHT i rescind have you noticed this About Bailey?
Speaker 1: Over and it makes so much sense that his offspeed run value is that high when he has commanded the change up doesn't matter where he is when. It when it is against, two he's. Carving he's just gonn and eighty pitches when the changeup is not. There that's why THE era is at three, five even though he could go on a two months strench at a one. Era it's a he's a fascinating pitcher because you, know he's such a big, dude and you would expect a guy like that, to you, know throw ninety seven miles an, hour ninety eight ninety, nine but, no it's commanded these breaking balls and especially that change. Up so when he's got, it he can dice. Anybody he's had it for the last two. Months next, Series Next, Series nationals Versus phillies another four game set Where philly really, dominated but they didn't.
Speaker 2: Sweep game. One philly's went thirteen to Three Weston wilson. Cycle it started.
Speaker 1: Off with a, strikeout then he hit a triple infield single home, run and ends it with a. Double phillies also got home runs From Nick costianos And Alec, Boem Trey turner And Bryce harper combined to go five for nine And Zach wheeler was just fantastic six, innings one, earned six. K's HIS era goes to two seven to. Two Mitchell parker got destroyed nine earned in three, innings but he did strikeout, SIX era to four to four.
Speaker 2: Four he did strikeouts at nine in three. INNINGS i don't care about the strikeouts at that.
Speaker 1: POINT i just think it's amazing when a guy gets, destroyed but all of us outs are, strikeouts Like philly threw three.
Speaker 2: Innings. Yeah, no the bleeding is kind of. Style you put a band aid on A samurai. Gash, again pretty big. Bed they had those six. K'S i mean strike out to walk, ratios decent band aid. Man game Two phillies went three to.
Speaker 1: Two much lower scoring. Here they had a two zero lead going into the ninth Before Jose TANIA rbi single and A Jacob young fielders choice that tied it, Up but in the bottom of the, Ninth phillies load the bases And Trey turner walks it off with AN rbi Single in the bottom of the, Ninth nola six and two, thirds seven hits but no EARNED, era down to three four. Five game Three phillies went again five to. One Alex call homerd in the fourth and that was it for The. Nationals philly scored five runs in the. Fifth everybody was, involved but this was The Christopher sanchez. Show complete, game two, hits one earned Four k's era down to three four six and it was a great bounce back after allowing seven Earned arizona in the start. Before it was his second complete game of the season since he shut out The marlins On june twenty. Eighth game, four though national salvaged winning six to, Four phillies grab a two zero, lead highlighted by A Trey turner home, run Kyber Luiz Alex, call they homer to take the, Lead stott And marsh for The phillies homer to tie it, up but then A James wood homer in the ninth first pulled ball in the air all, season and that comes to us From Foolish baseball and just another. Note Trey turner against his former team in this, series goes ten for sixteen with three doubles in a home. Run phillies win the series and moved to seventy three and fifty. One nationals fall to fifty six and sixty, nine.
Speaker 2: So the pulled fly. BALL i can appreciate what he's getting at because that's untapped potential In James. Wood but he's also performing at a very high level before.
Speaker 1: That AND i think that's what makes the stats so unbelievable that he's got an ops over eight hundred without pulling one fly ball.
Speaker 2: Yet, Right but he, was you, know hitting really hard ground balls And i'm sure there's some line drive mixed in there to the pole. Side he's gone up the gut a. Lot, Yeah and like.
Speaker 1: This guy's twenty one years, old he's, yeah he's. Scary he's just scraping the surface of what he's going to.
Speaker 2: Be oh. Yeah AND i will say my takeaway from this. SERIES i know that they dropped three or, four but we're getting closer and closer to this team becoming really fun to.
Speaker 1: Watch really fun to. Watch like Even cee J abrams in the last, game still three bases AND i need those. Toles those that's huge for, you huge for. You BUT i still think that's still a sick thing that's. Happening abram's stealing just tons of bases all the, time sometimes actually not all the.
Speaker 2: TIME i was watching the front four innings of that of That NAT's phillies, Game, like you, KNOW I i. SCARED i went to another game once The philly started kind of pouring it onto the, fifth but those front, Four LIKE i had a hell of a time Watching Mackenzie gore throw And James wood made a diving catch and you know That Alex Call. Homer i'm not saying That Alex call is going to factor in to the future plans of The Washington. Nationals he could be a good bench fourth outfield. Type he's hitting like four hundred this. Year ob he.
Speaker 1: Is let me while you keep, TALKING i have a look Up ballex call.
Speaker 2: Stats they're. CURRY i think my thing is, Like, okay shit's getting out of hand For gore. Quick but when he's, right there are very few pitchers THAT i like watching more Than Mackenzie. Gore there's something aesthetic about the way that he can pound the zone and have ninety six on a clothes, line zip to the lower outside corner against right handed hitters and like just. Freezeo, man his stuff is really. Good and if he stops these four, walkoutings and if he stops these snowball, innings we're talking about one of the better young left handers in the, game and yet he's still. YOUNG i think he's twenty four years old at this. Point like they, HAVE i think one of the better young left handers in the. Game that is a couple steps away from fully being there and being in that. Conversation they have the number one prospect in baseball before he. Graduated they have one of the better young shortstops in the. Game they have a top ten prospect in baseball IN tripaa right now manning center. Field they're getting good and they're getting, fun which is the more important.
Speaker 1: Thing even guys Like Jake, Irvin Mitchell, parker you, know there have been GUYS Dj hurs like these guys have flashed pretty good stuff and the part of this.
Speaker 2: ROTATION i said that a couple of weeks, ago but like they have proven that they're gonna be in that twenty twenty seven rotation assuming full.
Speaker 1: Health, Also Alex, call by the, way is slashing three fifty, six four thirty, four five fifty two for a nine to eighty six ops and ninety nine plate.
Speaker 2: Appearances Mister, call shout out the Ball State cardinals strip, chup, chirp.
Speaker 1: Chirp All, right let's go To diamondbacks Versus. Rays we're gonna head to the trop for an awesome series where The rays Swepts game, One rais win five to. Four D backs took a two zero, lead but The rai's battle with The Dylan carlson home. Run rays take the lead on a two run single By Josh low and Another Dylan CARLSON. Rbi Corbyn carroll hit a two run home round in the ninth to tie it at, four and Then Brandon lao walks it off in the ninth with AN rbi. Single, Now pepiolt look good in his return five and a third five hits zero, runs And Ryan NELSON i know the raised. One brandon allows the. Story But Ryan nelson's four seamer had twenty inches of aduced vertical Break that would be the most vertical break of all starting pitchers fastballs if held through the season one hundred. Percentile that comes to us From Nick pollock From Pitchers list and his two eight NINE era Host All star break in thirty seven. Innings he is a very exciting, pitcher especially Because gallon has not looked that. Great as we go To game, two where The rays wins six to. One ray score four and two innings Against Zach gallon four, earned five, innings nine, HITS era up to three eight. Five he's got a mid fives E ra In august and he had a five to one ZERO era In. July Brandon low again hit a two run home run. Late Jeffrey springs solid five, innings one, earned seven. Strikeouts we get To game. Three rays win eight to seven in twelve. Innings race put up six runs, early highlighted by Another Brandon low home. Run, unfortunately and this game tons of. Injuries Yanny diaz left with an injury in the first. Inning D back's rally highlighted by A Corbyn carrol two run home. Run he's got ten home runs in the last twenty nine, games and a three run home run to tie it By Adrian. Delcasto D backs score one in the, tenth, race score two in the tenth and win it on A Dylan carlson walk off single and shot. Out there's not many of us out, there but those who are The Dylan carlson. BELIEVERS i think we got to take our victory lap right. Now he's got a nine to Eighty excuse, me are you still?
Speaker 2: One of. Them of Course i'm still one of. Them i've been A Dylan carlson. Guy how many times HAVE i?
Speaker 1: Coupled the show will be, like there's that switch to the outfielder In Saint louis as soon as he gets another. Opportunity you haven't noticed That i've been A Dylan carlson.
Speaker 2: Guy, dude he's, like really not. Great he's got a nine eighty ops with The.
Speaker 1: Rays, OKAY i gotta say If i'm taking my victory lap right?
Speaker 2: Now so.
Speaker 1: Again a couple more. Injuries Pete fairbanks give up three runs in the. Ninth after the, game put on THE il and Tell marte limps, off look like looks like his ankle still isn't. Right ray sweep moved to sixty two and sixty. One dbacks fall to sixty nine and fifty. Six Dylan, Carlson Dylan, carlson nine thirteen. Ops it is first thirteen games as A Tampa Bay. Ray what do you think that nine to thirteen has his season ops up? To?
Speaker 2: Wait are you? Sure nine thirteen? OPS i saw nine eighty nine eighty oh After? Sunday, okay you know, What let me go to let me go to his. Day, well just, like look a look at the month Of august where he has been on the. Race, Yeah i'm pulling him up HERE mlb updates BEFORE mlb, updates Before Baseball reference does nine to. Twenty i've got in A Tampa Bay rays. Uniform so what do you think that nine to twenty ops has his SEASON ops up? TO i don't know if that. Matters it does it? DOES i choose not to. Answer it's up to six eighteen until. Eighteen his five point thirty seven slug has his season slug up to three? Fifteen better than three. Fourteen it's a hell of a lot better than three to, Twelve i'll tell you that. Month and he's like the best hitter on the rais right.
Speaker 1: Now this is a team that is pinch Hitting Alex jackson in the ninth who's got a two hundred.
Speaker 2: Ops, yeah that's, brutal, brutal, brutal absolutely. Brutal by the, way it's a four, fifty But Alex jackson hitting a buck twenty nine at this, point quick quick.
Speaker 1: Interjection did you see WHAT i posted On twitter About Christopher Morel no HIS espn profile and like even when you search out.
Speaker 2: Search forty five yeh's is not, Accurate, like, well when was he five to eleven one forty five when he when he, signed, yeah twenty. Five now you think they'd update. It NO ifa songs when they take this for these. Guys it Took Felix. Bautista Felix, boutista he was listed at one hundred and seventy pounds when he was having his breakout In. BALTIMORE i was, like this guy's four hundred and seventy's like two hundred and eighty. Pounds they're literally calling me on mountain and he's listed at about. Seventy that's not. TRUE i think they'd take him when these guys signed THEIR ifa. DEALS i thought they would be updated when these guys were added to a forty man, Roster BUT i guess not it m'd just be after your big league. Debut but it's been a couple of years. Now For chris twenty, five he's been the leagud out for three. YEARS i don't know where one forty five comes. From do you.
Speaker 1: Have any major takeaways from this? Series good to see The rays get a. Sweep they certainly needed it just to try water in This American league wildcard, race and the D backs have been so damn hot that they were almost due for a tough series like go to the Trop how often are The diamondbacks going To Tampa bay to play that? Team just one of those weird. Series it was close almost every. Game the one THING i do want to point out, Though Zach. ALLEN i, mean how can we take The diamondbacks seriously in a playoff series If Zach allen is looking like this.
Speaker 2: Because the offense can get, hot and the offense has been, HOT.
Speaker 1: I, know but you need an, ace like you Need gallon up, there And fod is. Good Merril kelly has looked decent in his. Return Ryan nelson is looking. Good but you need a stud up, there And gallon's your. Stud and we Need gallon to be better than.
Speaker 2: THIS i don't, know, Man, like who is who is the ace for The Texas. Rangers last year they won The World. SERIES i wouldn't call them co. Aces there were co Twos anyvaldi and jmnt, right, yeah but they stood on their. Head. Yeah so who's to say That gallen can't do that for a? Month you know WHAT i?
Speaker 1: Mean Because gallen is not pitching. Well and then in the playoffs last year where he had a good, season he didn't look good.
Speaker 2: Either thought he looked fine in the, postseason he looked, Okay like it wasn't vintage shut Down.
Speaker 1: GALLEN i mean there's A i remember like one or two starts In arizona where he's dominated his entire, life but he didn't look, great like he wasn't This wheeler esque type. Pitcher even though The dumbacks of course beat The. Phillies SO i, mean what do WE i?
Speaker 2: Know BUT i don't. KNOW i just me.
Speaker 1: PERSONALLY i when looking at the playoff, PICTURE i love The. Dambacks their offense can. Bang their bullpen is. Good they have tons of depth that's starting pitch at starting. Pitching BUT i can't feel confident going into series WHERE i don't feel confident in your number one.
Speaker 2: GUY i think the postseason is, weird AND i think if you've got a, guy is that what you as you look up, gallonstats, YEAH i mean like they were they were, good not, great Like gallon had a BAD. Lcs But Zach gallen is wild card start six, innings two, earned HIS ds start five and a third two earned in eleven innings in THE cs Against philly nine earned in those eleven, innings so that was a. Dud and then in The World series eleven and a third four, earned so it was like it was, good not, great right four or five on the, postseason but a three in the Wild, card three three eight in THE ds three one eight in The World. Series they had like a seven and a half in THE, cs So i'd, say like overall it was. Fine my thing, is you take a guy Of gallon's credentials and you put him at the front of a postseason rotation and ask him to be the guy, situationally, LIKE i think you can absolutely trust A Zach, Gallen, Merrill Kelly Brandon, Fott Ryan nelson four some ROTATION E rod And jamon two and that's that's What jamon. Like i'm Factoring jmon out of it at this. Point the only.
Speaker 1: Reason i'm still factoring In jamon is BECAUSE i remember from last year him dominating in the, playoffs WHICH i don't even know if that's fair because.
Speaker 2: It point like speaking to your, point it's it's a tough eat like and again the postseason's. WEIRD i understand him being on the roster and if you want, to you, know make a decision and spots start him great and you just ride the hot hand if he puts together a good start in THE ds and all. That but, listen this offense is really. Good it can get really hot in that given, month and that's just what you. Need the hot team. Wins the best team doesn't. Win the hot team, wins.
Speaker 1: Especially With Corbyn carroll hitting his stride. Again, no but the REASON i bring up bring REASON i bring Up gallon is you, know on the, SHOW i gave Out Zach allen under one and ninety four and a half strikeouts for the, season and a big reason why was he was coming off a season high of like two hundred and thirty innings after posting a ton of innings in the regular season and then, throwing like you, said tons of innings in the.
Speaker 2: Postseason like it's just tough on these. Guys i'm JUST.
Speaker 1: I don't feel confident as guy throwing more, innings if that makes. Sense, LIKE i don't think more innings is gonna be better for. HIM i think it might hurt.
Speaker 2: Him, yeah BUT i also just think that like we don't know, him you know WHAT i, Mean like we don't know, him, well we don't know how he. Tips he could absolutely level up at this. POINT i hope he, does because if he, does a good gallon is babys much as anybody stakes. Alive all, right let's go To padres Versus. ROCKIES i think this is the most boring series of the, weekend but, hey we're gonna go through. It game, One rockies win seven to. Three there was home runs From Brendan. Rodgers Charlie blackman hit one four point fifty in this economy that highlighted The rockies. Scoring potters scored three runs Off Sander bogart's And hussy And kim home. Runs Matt waldron got destroyed, seven earned five and two Thirds Quantrill classic five innings three earned four five to NINE era on the, season pitching.
Speaker 1: In Course field by the. Way game, Two potters win eight to. Three Classic Corps Game potters had a ton of. Hits they had fifteen eight. Runs Louse campisano hit a home, run but they already had a seven to three lead at that. Point Neither freeland Nor cease pitched very. WELL i think my dreams of A dylan C Cy young are getting to the end. Here game, Three rockies win three to. Two Jacob STALLINGS rbi single broke the one to one tie and the six And Sam hilliard forced a run on a. Groundout mani Ma chaud a homer in the, eighth but it just wasn't. Enough shot. Up Bradley blaylock five and two, third the twenty three year old for The. Rockies five and two thirds one EARNED era two nine. TWO i know it's not in a lot of, innings but he looked pretty decent and against The padres pretty. Good Joe musgrove has looked pretty solid since his. Return four and a third one Earned rockies win the series and moved to forty six and seventy. Nine potters fall two seventy and fifty. FIVE i challenge you to have a takeaway from the.
Speaker 2: Series Bradley, blaylock can you name the trade it happened this? Deadline absolutely? Not Nick. Mears, wow the return For Nick mears with ujian Yere Herrera Rocky's fleeces was a pretty good For. Milwaukee mears has been really good For, milwaukee WHICH i don't really get because he couldn't find the strike zone to save his.
Speaker 1: Life a couple of years. Ago and Now brewers Founded Brewers. Baseball, Yeah Brewers. Baseball we'll talk about it. Later, no that's that's my only.
Speaker 2: Thing it's, like, hey did you know That Bradley blaylock was in The Nick mears? Trade what a? Takeaway and, honestly The Bradley blaylock trade here, soon that's the right.
Speaker 1: Takeaway all, Right Yankees, tigers how about? This you do your eight series and then we'll Recap Yankees tigers at the, end because that includes The sunday night baseball game as we're recording during The Little League. Classic but Before jack gets into his, series it's take a quick.
Speaker 2: Break i'm gonna jump. In i'm gonna jump in again LIKE i just can't get words, out And i'm going to jump in With seattle and The pirates. Here game one went to The pirates five to. Three the skid was over at ten. Games Paul sken's six, innings four, walks question mark question. MARK i actually have the two question marks written. Down two runs came in a two run home run From Luke Rayley. Logan gilbert matched the moment six and the third three, earned but hit one hundred point two miles an. Hour it was the hardest pitch of his career to this. Point Kyle, Nicholas Eraldus chapman did their. Job David bednar allowed a solo shot To Jorge, polanco but at the end of the Day pirates had the. Lead they won that one five to. Three game two went to The pirates. Again we call that a winning. Street folks seven to. Two after a ten game losing, streak it's a two game winning. Streak ikf had a three hit, day including a. Homer Rowdy telez had a two run, Homer Jaron triola with a solo. Shot Luis castill five and third four. Earned he allowed those two. Homers Bailey falter threw into the six five and two, thirds two, runs eight ks and no. Walks The domingo Herma on experience gave some people some. Palpitations maybe On, saturday he loaded the bases without recording it, out But David bednar came. On he got his second save in as many. Days game three series finale went To seattle ten to. Three they led eight nothing through. Five Cal raley with a two run homer Off Jake woodford in the First Josh rojas don Can zone also Homered woodford four innings nine, hits seven, runs five were. Earned kirby with a pretty good bounce back six, innings four, hits two. Runs he did walk, two which was kind of. Weird but The pirates take this series two games to. One they're probably skilled dead in the water at this, Point like you can't bounce back from a ten game skid this, LATE i, think and that kind of phased them out of the wild card. Picture but tell you, what, man those front two games kind of highlighted all these deficiencies that we talked about With, seattle and that was my. Takeaway The mariners kind of. Stink i'm just not sure about. That can you say the? Offense? No, no come, on, Man i'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna get a little mean for a. SECOND i think The mariners have an amazing starting.
Speaker 2: Rotation they, do but they can only do so.
Speaker 1: Much and what IF i said from the very, beginning and that's WHY i didn't want to buy into The mariners again the twenty twenty Three PETER i Bought mariners, everything AND i kind of, realized, like if those guys don't, dominate you're not gonna. Win the bullpen is not good, enough the offense is definitely not good, enough and WHAT i just don't understand about The mariners is why can you not beat bad? Teams you're thirty three and thirty three against teams over five, hundred your record is sixty four and sixty. One that means you're three games above five hundred against teams that are below five. Hundred that cannot. Happen you cannot take the foot off the. Gas and The, mariners like they're pitching staff is, Great but if you look at all of their, eras you look at all of their, splits all of them have amazing eras at home in the best ballpark for pitchers in baseball by a.
Speaker 2: Lot on the, road it's not quite as.
Speaker 1: Good and that's why they are thirty seven and twenty six at home and twenty seven and thirty five on the. Road so if they're on the road and one of these pitchers doesn't throw a, shutout they're gonna lose that game no matter who they are. Playing that is what This mariners team. Is And i'm still waiting For Julio rodriguez to just drag this. Offense talked about him in THE x. Factors we don't get a lot of time. Left they just kind of, stink and they're not even that fun of a.
Speaker 2: Watch they.
Speaker 1: Aren't they're like nineteenth on my top thirty teams to watch right, now because If i'm not getting titillated by a start from one of these, starters they're just. Boring they're not that.
Speaker 2: Fun that's the. Thing BECAUSE i have a starting pitcher. Bias they are.
Speaker 1: TOP i love these, guys but like when they all have four arras on the road and like a one to nine the arra at home in the best pitchers park, ever it's almost the cores. Effect all these corps hitters mash at home and they can't hit on the. Road it's A it's a very similar thing for some of these. Pictures, Now i'm not saying that these pictures are bad by any stretch of the, imagination, obviously not like it's one thing to you, know pitch well in a. Ballpark like they are good, starters, obviously but think about how bad their team. Is if you have five guys who have ace level potential and you're still just three games over five. Hundred that's WHAT i can't wrap my mind. Around they have arguably the best rotation in, baseball and they are might not make the. Playoffs they're five games back of The, royals and they're four games now back of The astros in this.
Speaker 2: Division you know what's funny about their home road splits as a team, offensively as a team at, home they're hitting two oh six with a six forty THREE. Ops that two oh six team batting average is the worst in baseball by almost twenty. Points on the, road it levels up a little bit to twenty. Six THEIR ops goes up fifty. Points that just shows, you, like these pitchers love throwing you in that. Park but the offense, still like is a six to ninety THREE ops. Offense that's it's still below, average significantly below average when you go on the. Road problem is they're one of the worst offenses in, baseball if not the worst offense in all of baseball at. Home but they have that good of a.
Speaker 1: STAFF i think they gotta do something to this. BALLPARK i don't know what it, is But Taascar.
Speaker 2: Hernandez just moved To. Williamsport Tiascar.
Speaker 1: Hernandez you saw his splits At Team mobile as A mariner versus on the. Road if you could pull those up to quantify What i'm talking about right, now BECAUSE i don't have them truly off the top of my, head BUT i know it's something like a two to eleven batting average at home AT T mobile as A mariner on the, ROAD i think he was hitting two. Eighty don't hold me to. That you'll bring up the stats in a. Second but he came out and, said like how hard it is to hit, There and it makes sense that all their pitchers absolutely dominate at. Home their offense can't hit water if they fell off a, boat and then on the road the pitching is not quite as good in the offense isn't good enough to catch.
Speaker 2: Up they're just in a they're in a tough, spot and they just kind of. Stink they kind of. Stink seventy nine home games for Ta, Oskar hernandez hit two seventeen with a six forty THREE. Ops last year eighty one road games two ninety five with an eight THIRTY. Ops so the clip went up seventy. Points THE ops went up about one hundred, points or about two hundred points part one hundred and ninety.
Speaker 1: POINTS i think didn't you talk about it at The Lstar. GAME i know he's talked ABOUT i don't know if this is exactly. There but, yeah it's almost LIKE i don't know if The mariners. THINK i just wonder if like the ballpark is screwing. THEM i don't. KNOW i don't, Know but WHAT i do know is that The mariners are sixty four and sixty. One they can't beat teams that aren't, good and they can't win on the. Road that's not a winning formula for a.
Speaker 2: Team i'm. Sorry, Yep let's go To Blue Jays cups In Chicago, friday one to, twenty best place in baseball six Five cubs in. Ten Seya suzuki had a walk off single in the, Tenth Cody bellinger with the two run, homer the FIRST Pca Jacob Amaya ian Happ all homeward for The cubs in this. One toronto rallied for three and the ninth Off Hector narris Brutal Kyle hendricks five innings one earned them that solo home run From Leo. Jimenez Yariel rodriguez five, innings four, hits but three of the four hits left the. Ballpark he walked. Two i'm not convinced that why rod is, good which sucks BECAUSE i was convinced that he was good before.
Speaker 1: THIS i figured out That i'm not convinced, either because it's also not totally his. Fault like in that, game win was blown, out one of those Classic wrigley, games and he only.
Speaker 2: Gave up a few. Hits they just ended up being.
Speaker 1: Fly balls and heading out of the ballpark At. Wrigley so sometimes he's, good like when he's his command can get all over the, place and when he doesn't know where the ball, going he genuinely looks like the worst Pitcher i've ever.
Speaker 2: Seen, yeah when he does have command like this in three.
Speaker 1: Exactly but he can spin off some breaking balls and locate that fastball at the top of the zone and it looks like it has a lot of induced vertical.
Speaker 2: BREAK i don't know how.
Speaker 1: Many inches it, is but it looks like it's beaming in. THERE i don't. KNOW i am convinced THAT i have no idea what to think About Yarro. Rodriguez that's Where i'm at with.
Speaker 2: Him Fair game two went to The cubs as, well another one run. Win this one only took nine. Innings Ian happ open scoring with a solo, shot and First Michael bush had a two run triple in the bottom of the, Fifth Dalton varshow bunts at a run home at the top of the. Seventh addison barge over the solo homer in the ninth to cut it to, one but Poor Hae lopez got this. Save he got three punchouts in the ninth. Inning rain delays Cut Justin steele's start to just two scoreless, innings but The cubs managed to figure it out with their. Bullpen game, three one, Nothing, toronto another one run, win this Time toronto Salvage. Is the series showed a five. Innings one run came on a solo home run From Joey Loperfito that was the only run of the. Game Bowden, francis the guy That peter pitched me on In. March seven shutout, innings three, hits seven k's and no. Walks teams were a combined oh for thirteen with runners in scoring. Position this was a you can't tell me. That LIKE i told, You Bowden francis is really. Good he just had a good. DAY i thought. YOU i thought it was so.
Speaker 1: Wrong look at me, Down, yeah look at me. Down we'll say. That don't say one good. Start look at his start before. That go to the game log right.
Speaker 2: Now just the game, log And i'm gonna point out the five starts before the two that you're talking. About oh but none of that. Matters look at the last. Two i'm saying it Is Blue jays pitch a lab white. Rotten they don't have a. Lab, Man it's it might be like a, farm but it's, like, no you know what it.
Speaker 1: Is it's like it's like my freshman chemistry. Class shout out Mister, lynch one of my favorite, teachers or was that sophomore Chemistry, regardless that's the lab that they're dealing.
Speaker 2: With it's got a four nine two hooray on the. Year but, hey, yeah they check out the last start before the last. One uh five innings two, Earned, yeah but like seven innings one. Hit like, Dude i'm just saying twelve innings to earned in his last.
Speaker 1: Two don't. Sleep i'm never. Wrong i'm just either early or. Late got, You Christian, hobvier you were early?
Speaker 2: Early who? Else Flatty lattie you're. EARLY i GUESS i was late. Early we gotta talk about the. Angels.
Speaker 1: Regardless i'm always right except What i'm, wrong and just disregard.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah Braves angels In. Anaheim game two goes to The angels three to, two a two spot in the bottom of the eighth inning or, sorry two spot in the bottom of the fourth for The. Angels it came on a two run home run From logan. O'hoppy the difference was A Mickey MONIAC rbi double in the Sixth Spencer schwellenbach five innings eight K's Jose soriano only got through three and a, third But Ben joyce got a five out save for The La. Angels game two In Braves angels went To atlanta eleven. Three it bounce back back to back three hit days For Marcelo, Ozuna Michael harris And. Ozuna three hit days For, Atlanta Nolan shaanowell three hit day for The. Angels ozuna's thirty sixth home run came in the first Went. Marrifield Ramon loreano also homered For. Atlanta Chris sale six, innings two, runs ten k's season e's two six' two feel like he's separating himself from the pack when it comes To The National League Cy. Young award game three Went to atlanta three. To one they get the Series Win charlie morton the winner five, and third, two hits. One Run jack kohanowitz, six innings, two runs. No case he did allow a home Run To. Ramon loreano Rice i iglesias got his twenty six save on. The year kohanowitz, Is fine morton is gonna throw like very very meaningful games for them at the age. Of Forty charlie morton's just always. Freaking There and atlanta gritted and grinded their way to a series Win. In la it sucks that he. Couldn't sweep they need a sweep against an inferior team really badly. Right now but you take series wins because those things. Pile up and it also Sucks That austin riley got hit on the Hand. That, SUNDAY yeah i don't know if if he's gonna. Be out maybe you can look. That up While while i'm, just, talking Like the braves have Had a braves have had a. TOUGH season i feel. FOR them, i mean.
Speaker 1: It's just as soon as you start feeling good, about something just something just stabs you in.
Speaker 2: THE back.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to bring that up like that that felt, really shitty like really shitty.
Speaker 2: Timing There For.
Speaker 1: Austin riley but my other Takeaway is i'm Surprised That ben joyce hasn't gone Viral Like mason. Miller Has ben joyce, two five four and twenty, eight innings it's weird though he doesn't have the strikeout stuff or he's not getting the strikeouts even though he also throws one hundred. And three he's not quite as Nasty As, mason, miller obviously but he's been extremely effective and he throws one hundred. And three i'm just surprised that he hasn't really gone viral much like he's On pitching inja.
Speaker 2: Occasionally for one. Oh THREE but i feel like he could be a. Viral, guy yeah he might Be Like jordan hicks Where.
Speaker 1: THE shacks i Felt Like jordan hicks was On pitching ninjal like once every every.
Speaker 2: Other day How about, graderol, then.
Speaker 1: Yeah but graderol is like one. Oh, two yeah that's. The, thing, no yeah that makes.
Speaker 2: Sense in the sense, that, like yeah the k's don't pile up and he doesn't make people look like. Total morons, but yeah at the end of, the day he's still throwing hard.
Speaker 1: As shit that's actually a really GOOD comp i like that it's, soft contact but it's not a forty, k rate it's a twenty one. K, rate yeah did you confirm That With?
Speaker 2: Austin riley have we? Figured out tests didn't even confirm Anything With. Austin riley apparently ALL the x rays that they ran on him. Were Inconclusive So ryan snitker said they're going to handle It in atlanta today now that they got back conclusive Tests. On Sundays, on sunday first reaction, hearing that, FOR me i.
Speaker 1: Just.
Speaker 2: WINCED no, I mean, I mean i'm not gonna PANIC until i know that. Something's, bad okay inconclusive might just, mean inconclusive but it. Ain't, negative right you make a, nice point so fair Rebuttal, MISTER apple.
Speaker 1: I JUST don't i just feel for THE like i feel For the brave's, like this this just sucks like this that.
Speaker 2: You just keep getting punched in the face from the.
Speaker 1: Other side when you Finally Get michael harris, going back you win a serie and then it's just, all, right yep isn't that kind?
Speaker 2: Of, year yeah let's Go. To, boston uh let's actually Go. To Baltimore The red sox And the Orioles In baltimore game one Win to baltimore. Five one this was a four Game Set gunner henderson with a two. Run Homer cedric mullins had a. Solo homer both Came Off nick pivetta will you or bray you homer For The. Red sox all Three on piveta were off those two. Home Runs zach efflin's, six innings, one run eight k's and. No Walks, On friday, Game two slugfest Twelve Ten. Red sox it was four. To one boston got a three run bottom of the Third, from baltimore then a four run top of the Fourth, from boston three spot. From both in the, Seventh Inning devers yoshida Homered Off. Corbyn Burns david Hamilton And jaron duran Homered Off craig kimberl in the. Seventh Inning ramona reas had, Five RBIs yoshida endeavors combined for five hits and seven runs driven in in. This one it was a bullpen Game. For Boston corbyn burns got racked, four innings, ten hits eight. Earned Runs saturday yeah zero wifths on the cutter in. That Start Eh Yesh saturday, game three five To, one boston so they jump ahead in the series two. To one boston had a two spot in, the seventh two in the eighth to put. It Away rafael devers a two run homer in that eighth inning gunner with a solo Shot Off, brian bao but that was really It's. Against bao, six innings, two hits, one run. Six K's kade povich put together the best start of his young career to, this point six and, a third, two runs six k's and, no Walks but baltimore got the series split four. To Two, On Sunday adleie retchman opened scoring with a solo homer in the fifth gunner with a two run shot in, The sixth Common rob refsnyder w in the Home Run, albert suarez though six, shutout innings, six k's, No Walks Sir anthony dominguez got the Save. For baltimore they take everybody's scraps and they turn them into, Something.
Speaker 1: Good Sir ANTHONY dominguez i said ON The x factor EPISODE that i was Afraid Of craig kimberl in a, big Moment And craig kimbrel has been terrible For.
Speaker 2: The, orioles yeah and that's AGAIN why i.
Speaker 1: Said IT and i had Noticed That Sir anthony dominguez was pitching in the ninth doing, really well just doing really. Well TOGETHER but, i assumed and that was, last Week that kimber would still be, the closer that this was kind of a a some sort of a they're they're leaving.
Speaker 2: HIM be i don't even know how to, explain it but they're just through the.
Speaker 1: Setup, spot, yeah yes or something, like that like they're just they they relieved him of the, closer duties but they're gonna bring him back at. Some point they might Not Because Sir anthony dumiguez has been that good in the. Closure role but again he's another guy where he's pitching really well. Right Now but i've also Seen Others sir Anthony de, miguez Outings but i've also seen him dominate in. The playoffs so still up in the air in the later innings For. The orioles but my, Big Takeaway zach efflin is so big.
Speaker 2: For, this team so big for.
Speaker 1: This team You Lose, Kyle bradish grayson goes down and this guy has slotted in and is pitched like. A Ace Posts All star break and all of the better starts have come With. The orioles But Post All star break he's posted A three era and thirty, six innings thirty four k's to just. Six walks this guy does not. Walk anybody he makes you beat him and he's just a really really. Good pitcher and shout Out. Alberts warez he's. Been awesome but when push comes to shove in, the playoffs Like it's eflyn's ball, GAME two i think at this Point unless grayson comes back and. Just DOMINATES but i don't really know what's going On with grayson. Right now so To have.
Speaker 2: Eflyn there is so. So, Enormous yeah i'm with. You man that was an interesting Pickup, For BALTIMORE but i think it was a sign of things to come when it comes to spending a little bit of Money because efln again is going. To escalate but knowing what the situation looks like next year in Terms of baltimore's rotation with no Means, no Bradish e flyn is a huge veteran PRESENCE and i don't Know If corbyn burns is gonna be there. Next year the fact that you Can have eflyn is like. The season vet in that rotation is absolutely Humongous, for BALTIMORE and i think it's gonna be money well spent in twenty, twenty five and it's proving to be money very well spent in twenty.
Speaker 1: TWENTY four i just love him because he doesn't walk us sold two point seven percent. Walk right like we Talk About george kirby's, Historic, Command flyn eflyn is not far. BEHIND he i think he has a lower walk Rate Than george kirby does.
Speaker 2: This year eflyn's a, dog man Especially after kirby's two walks over. The weekend, come on what are we?
Speaker 1: Doing here THAT'S why i can't buy Into. The Mariners if kirby has, multiple walks have to be better, than that have to, be better Have to let's go to. Utter Mutilation, In cincinnati geting didty with the sweep Of the reds twenty eight. To Three the royals Outscored The cincinnati reds. This WEEKEND before i like do the game by, GAME breakdown i saw a couple of people shoot me a note, WAS like i don't really Understand. The reds doubt thing like that because we kind of had a conversation last week, about that and, it's, Like yeah i'm just kind of like Doubting the red's, ability HERE.
Speaker 2: And i was on the.
Speaker 1: OTHER side i really believed, in him and they cannot put together back.
Speaker 2: To back good series in. A rup I thought i was so smart with them rolling Through. The cardinals i'm, Not like i'm not taking a victory lap here, right now But like i'm, just saying this should kind of help you realize where the.
Speaker 1: Deficiencies are And Then hunter green just goes down with an, elbow thing.
Speaker 2: Which sucks which would be the worst thing in the, freaking world and that would make me.
Speaker 1: Hate this and that Was and i'm sure you saw those post going viral On. On twitter all the guys WITH high velo, this year last.
Speaker 2: Twenty qualified starters last year in Average fastball velosophy are, all hurt all, of them every. Single. One yep and if you thought it was a, mechanical thing it might just, be. Vlo folks but the Thing is velo's how you. Get paid below is how You Win cy. Young's folks we'll go through the game by. Game here, game one seven, To One Kansas city Bobby, wit junior, Three Hits vinnie paspenttino to multi HIT three. Rbi day vinnie had a three run homer in. The ninth Bobby wit junior's twenty fifth homer of the year was a. Solo Shot michael lorenzen pretty good start Here For. Kansas city five and, two thirds two hits and. One Run kansas city blew it open with a four run top of. The ninth, game Two The dirone blanco game thirteen, To One kansas city. The winner they led thirteen nothing after five in the, Nine hole blanco was three for five with, two homers including a. Grand slam he drove. In seven nickledolo two and, a third, eight hits eight earned Runs on, Lodolo's Book michael waka six shutout and Nine k's, game three eight To One. Kansas city Guess What diyrone. Blanco did multi hit home run For, mister blanco four spot on the top of the ninth to put. It Away vinnie pascentino had. Three RBIs mike massey went three, For Four brady singer, Six shutout Kid six lucas ursa good pick Up For kansas city and that pen man with five years, of control, five outs, one Hit four k's he's big in that setup role.
Speaker 1: For them, oh yeah you go through all the GAMES because i have. A, TAKEAWAY yeah i think Outside Of, Shoho Tawy Bobby wood junior might be the most talented Player In Major league baseball.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: NOW yeah i don't think that's a Bad take THE reason i say that is is when we're looking at the, five, tools, hit, power, run glove. And arm he's in the one hundredth percentile of. Sprint speed he's in the one hundredth PERCENT talent o it's. Above average he's in the seventy seventh percentile in. Arm strength he's in the ninety second percentile in hard. Hit rate this guy hits the ball as hard as Anybody In Major. League baseball he is hitting three point fifty. Four hundred he is slugging six seventeen as a twenty four year old shortstop for an o ps over, one thousand twenty, five homers twenty. FIVE steals i don't Know What Bobby wit junior, cannot DO and i just gave you all. The numbers turn ON the tv and Watch a. Royals game this guy makes an impact on every single level of. The field you cannot let him get to first base because he's going to. Steal second you cannot throw him pretty much anything in the zone at this point because he hits, literal dismissals and you cannot hit the ball anywhere to shortstop because the dude gobbles, it up and if it's in, the hole he's rifling a ball over. To First when i'm talking about, pure talent there might not be anybody Better than Bobby, wit junior, of Course Except shoho tani because he hits annie pitches and he's. Really fast but outside, Of him Bobby wit or might be the most talented player in the game.
Speaker 2: Right now there's a deficiency in pretty much everybody. Else's game everybody else, right something, there's something And like bobby wits an eighty, Grade Runner aaron judge. Is not if That Is aaron, judge's deficiency then.
Speaker 1: So OBEIT and i was, gonna, say, Too okay Bobby vigor maybe his inefficiency might be he chases more often than the. Average hitter he's in the twenty fourth percentile on. Chase rate it's not resulting. In strikeouts he has a fifteen percent. K rate and you, can, Say Well, bobby viginior he doesn't. WALK enough, i agree until, this year where he's got a seven percent. Walk rate it's around. League average there's nothing this man.
Speaker 2: CAN'T do i don't want to watch.
Speaker 1: HIM walk i, know interesting you KNOW what i do want to watch him walk so we can steal second turns it into.
Speaker 2: A double that's the only reason to watch. Him, WALK like i like when he hits, Triples, better like that's more fun. For me why the hell would you pitch, to, HIM ever i. Don't know it's a. Great question pro walk. Him more probably Because that royals lineup is getting a little. Bit better it is getting a little. BIT better, I mean vinnie. Looks, good yeah and He got vinnie Hitting behind Bobby with that's why you Pitch To. Bobby.
Speaker 1: Wit Yeah michael massey looks pretty, good too at the top of the. Line, Up Yeah, michael garcia you don't, LIKE.
Speaker 2: Him, i do. Sort, of.
Speaker 1: No it's it's it's not a lineup stacked with a ton, of talent but they fucking put.
Speaker 2: Up runs they're a. Good team. They are they're gonna. Get better, all right let's go To. Uh houston, this was, you know kind of a clunker of, a series But it's Grady size morth's. South. Side Now The white Sox took game one five. To four anderson got the win For The. WHITE sox I will venmo you four dollars if you can Tell me anderson's first name In The white. Sox bullpen you can keep your. Four Dollars It's, justin anderson and it's not the former two three kind of guard forward Combo with virginia that MIGHTA Won acc player Of. THE year i, don't remember but you're such. A weirdo that's who you come Up With. JUSTIN anderson i would think they, would, think, oh shoot is It the virginia two? Three, guy no like, You know i'm Talking About. Justin anderson. He was he was there Right Before malcolm Brogden. In london parentes was there like the. First guy you're deep even, My bad. I'm not nobody listening is fully aware Of Who justin. Anderson IS and i would like you to pop into the YouTube comments and, BE like I Remember. JUSTIN anderson i remember he was. A dog But This justin anderson had a five and A half ra in twenty nineteen With The, la angels and that was his last time In Major, league baseball and he just got the win For The white Sox in Houston. On Friday garrett crochet, four innings, one run, nine k's fifty. Five pitches they're clearly. Limiting Him spencer arraghetty five and, two thirds, Four Earned luis robert homer Twice. Off aarraghetty he drove in four of The five. Socks runs so literally the only way That The white sox can win a game Is If garrett crochet Starts And luis robert drives in eighty percent of the. Run total, game Two the astro one six. To, one Okay jose l two ve drove in two stole. A Base hunter brown. Was good, seven innings, four hits. One run he caid six game three to nothing win For The. Houston astros you know they. Shut out loss For The Chicago. White sox two solo homers From ganner diez And jose l. Two Ve kay busch, six innings. One run he was pretty good in. THE era i think is under three at this point in his major. League Career from bervaldez, seven innings, three hits, no runs and. Nine k's Brian, and bray you hold people Stand Up josh hater with. A save both of them one two three innings with. Two ks both threw eleven pitches in. Their innings it was. Just domination do you have a Takeaway From Astro's.
Speaker 1: White sox, not really but more of. A, question okay do we start just putting in the back of, our mind not even fully saying it, out loud just in the back of, our Mind Frambur.
Speaker 2: Cy, young, NO oh i don't think you can. Do that three two zero era and one hundred and thirty. Seven innings you've seen what That guy, scoobale's doing and that's a. Good point he's kind of running away with. This, thing yeah that's a. Good point he's got like a two.
Speaker 1: Five YE but i just, The, reason remember we don't have to say it. Out loud this is not something that we're saying as A take this IS something i just wanted to put in the back of everybody's mind because we, know forever when he's locating with that sinker and the curve ball's working, off it nobody can.
Speaker 2: Touch him and when he's on, like that he just goes, seven eight nine innings and, you're, Like.
Speaker 1: Well peter was Against The white sox dude throws no hitters against, Any, team like it doesn't matter if he, is on you are not going to. Hit him so if he keeps putting up these type of starts for the rest of, The year i'm not saying he's gonna, win it but could he?
Speaker 2: Finish Second With corbyn burne struggling a, LITTLE bit i don't think it's Gonna.
Speaker 1: BE gilbert i don't think it's Gonna, be kirby especially after that eleven. Earned Run but lugo Could be, lugo two but he's been.
Speaker 2: Struggling lately i'm, just saying just put in the back of. YOUR head i don't even got to think about. It much just start putting it. Back there let it, hang out let, it fester let it hit. The jacuzzie i'll think. ABOUT it i will get this out of the. Way here i'm getting closer to issuing an apology To The milwaukee brewers, starting rotation but not qua yet, though right not. There yet i'm. Not there give me like two three. More Weeks k i'm not. There yet, You're like, i'm CLOSED but i still. Hate him milwaukee suits and they allow four runs. IN threes i think you got to just hold your l at. THIS point, i mean look at what. They're doing they just Beat that Cleveland. Fricking guardians not doing, It yet i'm not. Doing it, game one five, To Three Milwaukee william domis with a three run shot in the. First Off Gavin williams cleveland with three in the eighth to make an interesting thing thanks to Homers From jose Ramirez And. David Fry Jacksentorio joey ortiz both tripled in, this one which is kind, of cool just fun. Little Quirk gavin williams struggled, four innings Five Earned aaron savally six shutout innings For. Mister Savali joel piams got. The save, game two two To, one milwaukee solo Homers From william Contreras And. Josh Naylor tanner bybee five innings a one, run ball he caved seven ONE earned i should say two runs in total. Against Him freddy peralta, six innings one run. Against Him gary sanchez HAD an. Rbi double that was. The Difference Piam's canig devin three perfect out of, the bullpen, nine up nine down after Six. From freddy, game three Two Nothing Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: Colin ray say His Name, colin ray like, Breaking bad say My, Name Colin.
Speaker 2: Colin ray, seven innings, two hits, no runs, five k's. No walks you Hear That, Berg's nation, We're live. We're Here bryan Hudson And jared kannig two perfect innings out of the pen on the Heels. Of ray only extra base hit was a Triple from Bryce. To rang that was the only extra base hit for either side time of, the game two hours and. Seven minutes i'm. Getting closer i'm, getting. CLOSER don't i just.
Speaker 1: DON'T wish i wish you would have just allowed it to happen earlier in the YEAR because i have fallen in love With this. Burgers team they're the regular season, at least like this is baseball that is so hard. To comprehend and because you won't give their, ROTATION flowers. I will Colin freaking ray has thrown one hundred and thirty five innings this year to a three to FIVE. Two, era no he's not a big. Strikeout guy he's got a hundred and. Eight strikeouts ye HAS expected era might be in. The fives he doesn't give. A shit i don't give. A shit brewers fans don't give, a shit and, OTHER teams, i mean we're still waiting FOR those x stats to. Kick In colin ray's an. Absolute stud How About. Tobias myers how? About it two EIGHT one era in ninety nine innings of work for the twenty six year old. Right Hander AND freddy praulta. It's funny he has not, been great but he's. Still good he's still got one hundred and sixty, two strikeouts one hundred and thirty seven innings out OF four Era and Montes and savali like the offense will just hit when, they pitch and they just keep winning and winning. And winning And this birwers team is so much. FREAKING fun i.
Speaker 2: Love them they didn't need to Hit for Savally. On friday he went. Six shutout, that's like that's harder for me to Stomach Than. Colin ray savally's way harder for me. TO stomach i think in terms, of like in terms of acceptability For this. Brewer's rotation, freddy, One, Right, No ray, freddy one say, My Name tobias, Myers Two, Pallin ray, Frankie three, ray four about one Hundred feet. SAVALI Five i savali is just gonna keep kicking you. The DUTs the thing why you hate hand, right now like we're. Getting there the.
Speaker 1: Thing is why You hate savally is he's kind of shaped like.
Speaker 2: A pear he's kind of shape like a Fourth. Grade matt but the. Dude shoves what can? We, says no you, said it. NOT me, I mean i'm shaped like. A pair, pair guys. STAND up i. Don't care i'm not afraid to say.
Speaker 1: It either but the, Thing is i'm just sitting in my fat ass on a chair and talking. About him he's out here going six shutty making millions of dollar Shot At. Aaron savali, pair brothers.
Speaker 2: Stand, up okay two more. Series here You Have yankees tigers to wrap. Us Up but i've got a two Game set Giants a's battle For. The bay Oakland took. Game one bay is theirs for the next month and a HALF until i go To. Sack. Town yeah you know what?
Speaker 1: WAS sad i was watching the end of that Game Because ryan walker is such, a monster like he was, so sick and that last thing they, probably said that's the last Time the giants are going to play At the coliseum, Ever AGAIN and i, was, like damn that really. Fucking, sucks yeah that really really that hit. Me hard for, WHATEVER reason i don't. KNOW why i was, like DAMN and i like took a step back for. A SECOND because i grew Up at. A's games I'm From, Santa. BARBARA california i went with my dad all. The time we'd take that trip Up From santa Barbara, to oakland be like an eight. Hour trip my first game ever was At The callis him and we left EARLY because i, was TIRED because i was a little bitch nine. Year old and as we're walking out of, the stadium the crowd goes nuts Because a rod just took the lead On A grand slam and that half that Stadium was yankee fans at the, time too just for that. Specific GAME and, I, Said dad i'm never leaving a game early. Ever again and, he, said yep that's what. You Get and i've just made so many trips. Up there the fans have. Been awesome i've caught, Foul balls i've gotten balls from, you know players on.
Speaker 2: The field like that really. Hit me that.
Speaker 1: Really, sucked yeah s the end of, an era end of. An era it's the End of, a's.
Speaker 2: Baseball as we, know It but game one Went to oakland. To Nothing osvaldo beto Is the man six of The. MAN man i think he spent parts of four seasons In An indianapolis. Indians uniform beto urging, six innings, one hit, No runs Cade Six Aiden bird song four and two thirds. One Run seth brown was three. For three grant McCrae at a multi hit day at his second. Career game shout out, to, You mister grant mcbray four to two. In ten giants get the win in extras with a three spots in the top of. The tenth they went, to ten tied. At One Elliott, ramos Homer Jerar en, Carnaciona Homered michael confordo homered. As Well in Carnacion and conforto both in. The tenth Miguel and duhart drove in the lone Run. For oakland THESE two. I mean oakland was two for nine with runners in. Scoring Position san francisco one for four with runners in. Scoring Position blake snell, seven innings one, run ten k's look, At him look? AT Him jp sears seven and two thirds one, run nine. K's Wow ryan walker two innings nowhere and runs. Five k's he's. A dog he's such.
Speaker 1: A Dog jp sears And The frankie montes trade like the only one who's stuck really, with them and he's, Like, Great no but that was my.
Speaker 2: BIG takeaway i kind of already gave. It. Away sad that really.
Speaker 1: Hit, ME yeah i haven't been hit, like that like sad like that in a. LITTLE while i DON'T even, I mean i, know WHY but i didn't expect that. To HAPPEN and i Feel for a's Fans because i'm Not even, a's fan but that stadium will always hold, you know something in. My heart as cliches, it sounds but. It DOES so i feel For you. A's fans you don't deserve this. At all, Fuck You, John fisher wrap, us, Up Baby. Yankees tigers Yankees win, game one three. To Zero oswald perrazza first home run of the season in his first game since being called up to play a little. Third base he's gonna play a little bit. Against Lefties aaron judge hit his forty fourth home run of the year four hundred and thirty one feet two. Center Field jase young debut over two, to walks two. Strike ups he was also. Caught Stealing trey sweeney his debut against his, former team one for three with an infield single for his. First Hit And garrett cole was great and he's. Been great, six innings, four hits no, earned EIGHT k's era down to four to, one five only three runs allowed in his last three starts over. Seventeen Innings vintage cole one five TO nine era in. Those starts we Moved to, Game two tigers Blank. The yankees All four tigers runs scored in the first two innings on RBIs From, Colt keith zach McKinstry And Andy a Banyez Now. Caidra montero he. Was great, five innings, two hits. Five K's jase young got his first career hit and went two four in. That Game spencer torkelsen back up and went two. For three rodn was not good three and a third, seven hits four, EARNED run era to four to Three four AND.
Speaker 2: Now i will Do.
Speaker 1: The classic let's check the score Of The Little, league classic And the yankees are up one zero and it's on A. Clipber torres he scored on a. Wild pitch that is the only run. So Far marcus stroman has been shoving, six innings, four hits, five K's and schools doing his classic you can't.
Speaker 2: Touch shit even.
Speaker 1: Though he has, four walks he's only given up, one earned and of course that looks to be on a wild. Pitch anyway and in the ra is, down, two two four, TO nine I.
Speaker 2: Did Robert cy young is gonna.
Speaker 1: Be.
Speaker 2: Awesome, man, YEAH no i.
Speaker 1: Kind of forgot, about SCHOOL and i have a SCHOOL take i appreciate.
Speaker 2: The transparency yeah it's just, That, over yeah no.
Speaker 1: IT is i didn't have a ton of takeaways from this other Than Seeing garrett cole look Like vintage cole again has been so good For. The yankees but then on the flip side You See carlos rdon. Just shit The bed judge is. JUST amazing i didn't really have a ton of takeaways.
Speaker 2: To, DO no i Think the tiger's lineup is getting, more fun and, you know like it was just kind of deja vu from the time Watching the Toledo. Mud hens but LIKE when i see a Lineup With parker Meadows And riley Green And carry Carpenter and Torque And jace Young And, trey Sweeney like sweeney has been hitting the shit out, of there and Don't Forget justin henry. Molloy, either yeah like molloy got the, night, off dude Like, COLD keith, i mean it's they're getting like pretty. Darn enjoyable and again there's more on, the WAY and I know clark and McGonagall are pretty far off and you Just, drafted rainer, but, like dude there's enough to be excited. For here How you lee is gonna factor in at, some point and, you know is it gonna be the best offense?
Speaker 1: In?
Speaker 2: Baseball no at, the like is it gonna be more enjoyable than what we've watched in the front half of? This, year yeah no.
Speaker 1: Doubt hundred So that i'll do it for the Weekend. Round up hopefully everybody enjoyed the breakdown of this series that were over this, past weekend and if, you did can you please rate review Five, Stars Spotify apple podcasts and a written review would be. Greatly appreciated it's the best way to support the show without spending. A dime and if you're watching this, on YouTube hit that big red subscribe button and drop some of your takeaways From the Weekend Round, up again go check out the New merch i'm rocking. My shirt, OF course i Got The just baseball. Hat on jack hates, the company so he's not Wearing Any just, basfell merch but also Shout out. Chinook's sedery we do love, their seeds so we'll give him a, past there but make sure to go Get Your just. Baseball merch in the episode Description for jackie MULL and I Am, peter apple of course we're going to see tomorrow and, with that, thank you