Speaker 1: Let's get into it. Man. Take it the truth. Man, Let's get it man. It's a lot to talk.
Speaker 2: About certain fascon CERTFIC certified, certain fasting, CERTAFIC, certain facing certain.
Speaker 1: It's a green summer. Yeah, we built differently. You ain't watching the games like I'm watch them again. You're outside, We're alive, fluid. That's when you stop the production that we go back and.
Speaker 3: We want.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 4: You see the boy go for forty in the dub Man women went for forty and twenty and three blocks in the Western Conference.
Speaker 1: You give me your thoughts on it, bro, real ship, I know you hear me.
Speaker 3: There was He was like, man, ain't never that didn't make the necessary adjustments.
Speaker 1: But I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Okay, see, didn't make the necessary adjustments you got in real time.
Speaker 1: You're talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm like, you got Caruso for the majority of the time, garden him, and you got Jay Dubb garden him, all these small guys guarding them, and I'm like, damn, you got a runner up to defensive player of the Year over here not matching up.
Speaker 1: Like I'm trying to figure out that, laying out what you mean, check by check your garden. It should be matched up.
Speaker 3: And I understand that he played a lot on the perimeter, so you want quicker guards. But at the end of the day, he don't see them. He's he's just pulling enough shooting. Then he going to the post. He just over the top. It's just like no resistance. And at some point you gotta just be like, man up. I mean, you gotta you gotta put your guy, man up. I don't put this on chat. And I heard, you know, some sports talk shows in the in the morning talking about shit got killed.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't. He didn't guard him. He didn't get him at all.
Speaker 3: He didn't he was in the one on one situation would guard him. He didn't get the opportunities at this my man. And let's see for the most part, so a lot of those buckets that he was getting was on uh they perimeter players who matched up, so they got to make adjustment.
Speaker 4: P felt like OKAC was respecting Wemby's agility so much. Did they put a guard on. They started with lou dor corner.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then they had bigs contest Winby at the rim, and these time they contest at the rim because they got to play a corner guy.
Speaker 1: They relate. So Winby is getting dunks, layups, alley oops.
Speaker 4: Once they throw it in the air, it's only what Hargenstein and and and in Check that can probably contest that right.
Speaker 1: Nobody else can get that right.
Speaker 4: One time, y'all see the love Way Castle through it. It was all above the box. Winby went up there and got that.
Speaker 1: Bit's two hens easily, not one hand.
Speaker 4: So I think if you okay See, I heard that same thing on Check. I didn't think Check. I didn't see them one on one. Obviously I saw them at the baskets and stuff like that. But if I'm okc man, it seemed like, okay see, changed.
Speaker 1: What they doing for Wmby versus doing what they do. You know what I'm saying, Like you know what I remember doctor should saying this. No, we're gonna do what we're doing.
Speaker 4: We're not gonna make an adjustment. We're gonna have them adjusted to us. It seemed like, okay See made the adjustment to the spurs versus the other way around. And this is respect. I think you go back to traditional basketball. You put a fible Hartenstein and Check can slide with him.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: So when he go into all his bagging candy. Bro they can there, they can slide with that. Is he gonna make some shots? P Yeah, but overall, man, you make him make tough shots. Bro Winby is beating everybody with the A move. He ain't went to a C yet. And if I'm him, I keep it A until they put somebody with some length on me. I'm gonna keep it A man.
Speaker 3: I think the problem is uh. The reason they took chatting uh uh. Hargstein and Hartenstein often was the problem with the pick and roll, because well.
Speaker 4: You're not switching it, so we're back to tradition, so they can switch it now.
Speaker 3: They was like it was getting burned on penetration and driving kicks because the big man was sitting sitting in the paint and they picking rolls. So they went to the switch saying, all right, we don't want to get burned going downhill. And they said we're just gonna fight with our scrappers, our little scrappers and lou door.
Speaker 1: It ain't working. Ok. If he's playing the corner, he's sticked. Lord.
Speaker 4: If you shooting a shot at that two elbows the free throw line on anywhere in the paint, winim, he's gonna block it.
Speaker 1: It's just what it is.
Speaker 4: Bro. He was in the he was at the box and was contesting everything at the rim and three pointers. So I'm just like, at this point, what's the solution? And you know what, you gotta have p You gotta have a game plan, but you gotta have an end game kind of a direct plays.
Speaker 1: That you know with a B and C playing. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm talking, I'm a real time coaching. You gotta have Okay, this is our playing here. If we get in this situation here, this is what we're gonna do, it's gotta be some I didn't think they made game time decisions. I didn't think they made game time adjustments quick enough. And I thought that adjustments they made didn't impact the game. You just put a smaller quicker. You went from dork Tokuso Cuso to.
Speaker 1: Douve like like I see in the Guard Guard world where that works.
Speaker 4: But in the in the big world, that man, everybody, everybody that's six eleven seven foot is going to dominate that. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, just because you're gonna have a mismatch every time. If y'all switching. Then now it's not even smaller guard on him. Man, wait to Windy gets stronger, tim O pounds and he catches it like Pete takes his takes his time, and now everybody clear out one dribble either to the ram or it's a fizy like you see what I'm saying. They're gonna have to trap him and we're gonna have to go back to guys like the cell. Okay, you got what are you gonna have to give? What are you gonna give up?
Speaker 1: I mean they knocking down everybody's lip pee.
Speaker 4: You got Harpring coming in here getting seven steals, seven steals, seven steels is like twenty rebounds my dog.
Speaker 5: Especially what happens on the other end with yeah.
Speaker 1: Rookie and you're a rookie, bro.
Speaker 4: He he is not in traditional form. Harpring is not supposed to be doing none of this.
Speaker 5: So get this, guys. I look this up.
Speaker 6: It's the youngest starting five ever in the NBA playoffs. Harper's twenty castles twenty one.
Speaker 1: In the Conference Final.
Speaker 5: Listen to this hold on Penny's twenty four and Wenby's twenty.
Speaker 4: I gotta give p his dude, p said some shit last night. Case we watched the game night, go ahead, Pee hit it. What you said about day three.
Speaker 3: Thing about it is the top three players on their team from game one.
Speaker 1: It's all in their rookie contract. Yeah, that's crazy. Never seen them. Your three headed monster is in a rookie contract.
Speaker 6: Your highest paid player was hurt in game one. Two and Darren Fox fifty million sitting on the bench.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, just gonna be a team, good team for a very long time. Oh, they should be. They should be. They should be.
Speaker 4: And the reason why they are good like this is because of their depth. Vasale is growing up in front of us, Castle is growing up in front of us, Harper is growing up in front of us. Winby is getting All of them are getting better at a similar rate.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, both on both sides of the ball. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I just even sall have this type of defensive energy like I'm watching him now, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, this whole Yeah, we look at it, and you know it's crazy.
Speaker 1: The Spurs have confidence.
Speaker 4: One of the hardest things are more and the more underrated things in our league is confidence. When the player has confidence, so I don't care what it is. They can do amazing things as we're seeing.
Speaker 5: So curious with you guys.
Speaker 6: Usually historically we see younger teams kind of get eliminated from the playoffs earlier because they don't have the experience. But in the last couple of years, we've seen teams like okay, see the Spurs, teams like that kind of get deep. Yeah, Minnesota has been Conference finals the previous two years.
Speaker 5: Why do you think that is nowadays?
Speaker 1: Because the older stars are getting old now. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean when you look at the old stars of Steph Curry, Lebron's teams, KDSE teams, they getting older, and it's this this new way, this young it is, it's here, and you know, it's the it's almost like we're I mean it's not almost as we are.
Speaker 1: It's a new error. It's a new eraror in it. This is.
Speaker 5: Two or three years and I feel like we're fully here now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're fully here now.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like the young teams like Minnesota, Denver, Okay, see, you know, even Boston is like a tier above young, but they're still young, you know. So it's just like a new era. We're ushered in and it's officially here and so and the new era is pushing the lump. You gotta build to me to like, you gotta look at, say, Okay, whose are the top teams. We gotta build like that now. So when you look at Okay, see like, oh, they got the stretch forward, defensive player, you know, the center, they got the guard who's score. Now, San Antonio is kind of built similar to them, you know what I'm saying. And these are two championship caliber teams. And so when you're building your team now, you gotta have some young athletes at the wing who can shoot, and you got to have a big man who can put the ball on the floor and knock down shots.
Speaker 1: Same with New York.
Speaker 3: They got a big man who can put the ball on the ground, and they got one that grind And that's what was missing from Detroit and that's why they're not advancing in Orlando's of the world, and that's why they're not advancing Cleveland.
Speaker 1: They got a guy and.
Speaker 3: Mobiley, but you know, he's still growing as a player on being consistent, not in night out.
Speaker 6: And ticket for you specifically, we just look at Wemby his first playoffs, Like, how are you grading this?
Speaker 5: How are you.
Speaker 6: Assessing this for a twenty two year old at this point and where he is today?
Speaker 4: Well, if you look at Wemby's experience, man, Wemby's played a lot of basketball and a lot of different scenarios internationally, you know, obviously on soil here. And I just think that it was almost like when we was watching young stars emerged. When you was watching, you know, a young Kde, you knew you was watching something special. When you was watching a young Bron.
Speaker 1: I can go.
Speaker 4: I I mean I can Seeing d Wade in college, I was like, oh no, he gonna be nice. Just how you know Baron Davis, you know, I can go on the list and listen when you see special talent and he's just it's like he said, Man, we're in this new this new lens, and what's really making it really, I guess, jump off the page.
Speaker 1: Just it's the performances. Man, we haven't seen.
Speaker 4: A forty and twenty fuck of forty and twenty almost a forty and twenty five. You understand what I'm saying, Like, we ain't seeing that. We ain't see nobody get twelve blocks, and if we did, we didn't see him get it like this, Like he not blocking like hooks and and fadeaways. He blocking threes, he blocking floaters. He Lord, he's a fact.
Speaker 1: He is. He's I'm trying to think like GP. I'm trying to think like Ben.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think of the last defensive player that affected the game like this, maybe Ridman where you can put worm on like Bird and then you can put him on magic and then you put him on Pipping and then he was on something.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: The one thing I want to add to what Pe said is all that he said, but you gotta have some dogs.
Speaker 1: Castle is a red nose pit.
Speaker 4: He so everybody that's from the hood where feel me on this Nate in every hood.
Speaker 1: It's a mean ass dog in the hood.
Speaker 4: That will bite you. And everybody know it. We used to call him King Caine. Everybody know what I'm talking about. Castle is like Cane in the neighborhood. He the little white pit that's walking around in everybody's garbage and then all of a sudden he'll chase your ass.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. He off the lease, bro. You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: You gotta have some grit winb fees off of so Viseelle in Harper because they you know, they soil. They play with that. That fucked you that. I'm telling you he feeding off that. And then I didn't see Sweet Lou back then. I didn't see Rashaw Lewis back there. And yeah, I'm understanding now why he playing with a certain type ofth because you got to have a certain type of health when you're going up against the champs like this. They are they are going into Oka, see totally dis they don't have no respect for OKC.
Speaker 1: You usually get a young team coming and playing the champs. They're like yeah.
Speaker 4: And then he got the award in front of the boy Lee know what they're doing. You heard what he said, I like you you heard what he said? Hey man, I felt like you feel me like, hey, that was mine? Like he I'm telling you that smoke is real. And then he played with that under control like ah man, So yeah, you know what, Okay, he gonna have to get some some respectiveness. You know, at some point we're gonna have to get some respect from y'all.
Speaker 3: You know what I don't understand and I'm trying to put my finger on like, how are these guys like not it's not one or two of them, It's like all of them are mature beyond their years. They're not supposed to be here, They're not supposed to look like this right now. You know, if I just if you, just if I just turned on the TV and this was my first time watching the Spurs and you'd be like, what year you think the point guard? Then he probably like in the sixth seventh year. What about that kid over there, Harper year? Probably about the fifth, sixth, you know around there? I think they they just one, two and three years as they stars, is what I'm saying. And you're in the biggest Every game you've played in the playoffs has been your biggest game of your life, every single one of them. And I haven't seen them get rattled. I haven't seen them like it's just so. I mean, you know, you have the little turnovers. I mean, Casule had his turnovers, but it's like they just when you look like man as a competitor. Me, when I went to the playoffs, I could see in somebody's face that they are scared of the moment, Like I knew it. Like you look right at him. I'm like, oh, yeah, he ain't. You know what I'm talking about. You don't want he he ain't.
Speaker 1: He ain't. You don't want the ball now?
Speaker 3: And when I look at these guys, I'm like, man, they they embrace in the moment. But the one underrated thing is the culture that they built, Miss Johnson.
Speaker 1: And the other thing that people don't.
Speaker 3: Talk about is Papa is still there in a way.
Speaker 1: He ain't still on the phone, That's what I'm saying. Definitely talking.
Speaker 3: And that's when we ain't brought up a lot. Papovich is still He probably got them practices. He is some type of Yeah, he has an influence on what all of this picture that we're seeing players and how their producer.
Speaker 1: He has an influence on. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: They got the picture of him and uh no wombying Papovich after one of the playoff games talking to I don't know.
Speaker 5: If it was after he had got after dat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they talked right right there, Papovich right there talking. I got to flick him after the game or something. I'm like, okay, he's still in that ear. He still got influence over there.
Speaker 1: Le ship right now. Yeah, That's what I say.
Speaker 3: Yesterday they got Yoda over there.
Speaker 1: That's like talking about Yo. He knows, he knows too, he got a path, he knows how to get to the finals.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm looking at a lot of stuff is being brought up on whim. He's maturity and not. I mean, it does get talked about, but not enough. You know, we always bring up the fact that you know, he went and saw the Monks. I heard him talk about that on TV, you know, and what he did with them. But like, what was your experience with your time that you spent with him? Uh this summer? You know, what was that conversation? Like what was this He's sitting down, like what was that right there when y'all talked about what was that conversation?
Speaker 4: So I gotta, I gotta request to pull up on his workout. And uh, when I got there, he was already doing with his workout. So you see me pulling up on him. I'm funny about people having my number and shit, you know what I'm saying, I don't fuck with everybody like that, and I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a different thude man, So I don't be thinking that I fit with.
Speaker 4: Everybody so I respect everybody and how they present themselves. And so I was kind of like, you know, because you know my time, you know, and what I'm what I'm doing is everything, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I had enough.
Speaker 4: I really felt like this is my opportunity to be aby exchange with ing and I'm a fan of Young Fella. And then it was like Giannis, Jiannis and I when we played used to have energy. I ain't gonna say it was beef and them, but you can feel with somebody like.
Speaker 1: I was like, what the young boll on? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So when Jason Kidd called me to come up there and work, when I was kind of shocks right, but it felt like this. So when I pull up, man, he chilling, and I'm like, I ain't never met win me in my life.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he understands, you know, I don't know if he know you know anything about me or what he knows or what the next you know, it's San Antonio. Motherfuckers hate me down there. I'm talking about hate. I don't knowbody, I'm the villain. Villain down there, you know what I mean. So I wanted to expecting nothing positive. If I'm being honest, I thought, you know, they paint you to be, you know. But when I sat down with him, man, he's super smart, p super smart, super super intail. He doesn't answer anything fast. He thinks about everything that you're saying. And then it came a point where we was talking basketball. I didn't get the train. I didn't get to get him on the court. He was working out on a football field doing some agility work that coming from the gym, and then he had a whole day and then we just talked on some mentor on some big bro shit, you know what I'm saying. And then as I was talking to him p I was talking to him through something. You know how I get when I get with certain shit, because he was asking about you know, you know, like what am I looking at when I'm when I'm attacking, And so I take him through all this process. When two basketball players talk basketball, you'll see the room kind of fade out, and those two were probably going to like, you know what I'm talking about, Pete, we went into that ram lord. As I'm talking to him, he fade out. I'm looking at him hollering and I'm talking. You know, I talk for energy, So I'm talking with energy.
Speaker 1: Now. I feel myself sweat. I missed some shorts, but it's hot.
Speaker 4: But so, you know me, I'm talking to him like, hey, you're going to that layup ship you were going And as I'm saying that, he was like this. He was not looking at me. He was hearing me, and he was just doing this almost like he was listening to the headphones. And yeah, we we was tapping into that. He was doing something he was on some like Yeah, and I like how you I like how you approached the game. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like he like the whole time on some bop. Shit, Lord, you hear me like like on some like, he already had an idea of how he wanted to come into the into the into the into the season, and then he went to go see the Monks for something totally other than basketball. And when I put all that together, I saw what he was building. I have to give no you know, inside on what he owned, but I saw it. I was like, okay, And if someone would have taught me control chaos, I would have probably been a better younger player. But you know, lord, I'm coming in from you know, school of hard knocks, and I gotta, I gotta, I gotta.
Speaker 1: Earn my stripe. So I had to have fucked you.
Speaker 4: I had to have I had to have Nah, I had to I had to tape, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, his his motion is a little different, and I like that he's controlled chaos. But he's very smart, very high IQ and that's what I took from.
Speaker 3: You know, when I watch him now and I think about his journey. In the summertime, he went and.
Speaker 4: Worked with Dream too, work with Dream him and so yeah.
Speaker 3: So he worked with Dream and he worked with Jamal Crawford. So that was like a basketball thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: He came to you and that was a conversation to where it's like, damn, I want to just see with type of mentality that KG brought, you know, to the game. So I'm gonna take that boom, give me that the building, give me give me that I'm building, and now I'm gonna go to the monks to just kind of figure out my discipline, my man control.
Speaker 1: My control.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at all these things that he went and it was calculated, you know what I'm saying when you got the pieces, if he didn't tell you he worked with Dream or if he didn't tell you he worked with the monks, you would be this puzzle would be all over the place. It's because we know the pieces now we see it. When he came down and shot to Steph Curry three p, that was the monks.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, you know what fuck that. I'm from the poorest morm. He was on some p ship. Let's see Lord come down, damn for the dagger. These niggas nigga, Lord, I saw it.
Speaker 4: I saw and I saw him before and then I saw him after. And you recognize your ship. If nigga out here doing something, you did, you look I used to, so you know it's it's grace man, because the younger the younger generation can take what you what you give to them and they can use it on how as they should, on how they would use it.
Speaker 1: And that's what he's doing, you know. I mean, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Don't see a lot of the great players doing that, doing what like we did it. I think, you know, as as players, but like in this newer generation, they're like winby are going to former players getting some game from them. You know what I'm saying, a lot of players don't want to that's another player for nothing.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like I don't see that enough.
Speaker 3: Like you know, these young players can use some game from retired players or like you know, like say a man was like, man, I need to go holler at Jordan. Just let me see what kind of or let me go holler at you know whoever it is Vince Carter team and somebody that just played this position that ai.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, I don't really hear too much about this position. You gotta be a motherfucker who benefit who can relate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stand bro man, we connected on some first off. Man, he my family is from Georgia. I have a bunch of garnats and stuff that's from La Grange, Georgia. He telling me, he know I was saying shit that I did as a kid that he know exactly that that's their park, that's where they hoop at.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I know them boo. So we was on some like home team shit. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I was like word and then we got into like hey and he we tapped into mentality. But a lot of this shit ain't really on the court. A lot of shit is between the ears. Then I'm hollering down like you come down on double teams and there, and then he give me some jazz inn Now I shoot out, Okay, cool, you can do that at every time. But when you got naj Reeve with shoot threes, then I started going through it. You got a guy like Cat because Cat and him was at the same time when you're talking at spikee commercial. So these young boys, they don't know how to initiate to go talk to Uncle Pete. Now Uncle Pee in the club and I can go. Now that's when I go, hey, I'm competeing.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 1: Died? And I want to work out with you? And you'd be like, hey Die, this guy to Jay Died, you.
Speaker 4: Know, you get on your I'm saying this to say they don't know how to how do I get KG on the phone, and if so, they say this nigga aggressive, I don't know how to talk to know, Let me call it.
Speaker 1: Let me have my mom my dad talk to him. It's more of that.
Speaker 4: But let me have the agent or the assistant or the coach talk. That's really what I'm getting. But these young players they wanted Pete. They just don't know how to initiate it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like Zion, when I spoke to Zion, I see Zigon down in Australia.
Speaker 1: Man, you know you home team Spartan Bruh. I'm grave it's all over our home team. Man. He was like, man, Joe, come fuck with me in the summer.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, miss, let me know.
Speaker 4: But I also think these young boys think you got time to be able to just pull up and and chill with that.
Speaker 1: I ain't no babysit.
Speaker 4: If you want to get in the gym and work, I can do that, but I ain't hit to chill with your young feller. You know what I'm saying. You got a young life and doing what you do. I'm a whole grown man, you know, with the family and all type of shit, So you know what I'm saying. But yeah, anytime, I've always been available, but I am not free.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I tell you that right now. This knowledge I can give you though, yeah, I got a real I got a real business with sharing my knowledge and ship. But yeah, just sitting back chopping with a young Fellow. I do that all day, man, But yeah, I ain't finna sit with you and chill and get to know your mom and your family.
Speaker 1: You want me to meet your aunts and your auntle and your your cousin. I ain't gonna do all that. Want some real ship, but it is needed, it is needed. I think it should be. I think it should be.
Speaker 4: I just heard Mellow talking about he wanted to work with the ant Man and he wants to work with Palo.
Speaker 1: I think you should work, man. I tagged this man.
Speaker 4: You, You and j T in the gym, You and Jason Tatum, You and Tatum play a lot.
Speaker 1: You got, you got a bunch of ship. I think you can give him, Bro, you should.
Speaker 4: You should definitely tap into that, Bro, you into that, you in the development and ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't mind giving some game, you know, but like me, I'm not the one reaching out.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I know you you're not gonnaiate.
Speaker 4: That's not your place, though, Bro, you know you don't go in like there you need some help.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you know what you know.
Speaker 4: What you'll do though, You'll pull up and watch a nigga work out. Jake j Yo, I'm working out at uh Leo mayor my pull up P.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will do.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. They've got a couple of summers. That summery they came back and won the ship. I watched a lot of their working.
Speaker 1: Should you should do that? Man? You it's a lot of knowledge.
Speaker 4: I feel like you got that you can actually share for sure, not even from a scores perspective.
Speaker 1: It's more of iq P. Yeah. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I noticed that you you can score anywhere on the court, but when it came down to get into your spots done. Now, let me get this that way, I got my am I B I got a step back, you know, nigga thinking like that right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, right, motherfuckers is almost like if a defense is playing you a certain way, Bro, you gotta go.
Speaker 1: With what's going on. I can't try to get to some shit. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying, right, it's needed, man, definitely.
Speaker 5: All right, Let's go east guys.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 6: Nick overcome a twenty two point deficit in Game one of the Conference Finals against the Cabs seven minutes left.
Speaker 5: In the game.
Speaker 6: Uh, they blow a twenty two point lead, and during that stretch of that twenty two point lead being a race, the Knicks went on to go forty four and eleven for the rest of the game up on them. So on both sides of the floor. They really shut it down late in the game where it looked like the Cows are gonna steal game one on the road. But what were your kind of thoughts of just game one in general.
Speaker 4: I'm laughing because we watched the game together and I came in out. I was like, man, Cleveland just came off of a game day in Rhythm, telling you mama's been on nine days.
Speaker 1: He gonna have some rust, he man, they didna get dance blown out.
Speaker 4: Man, he was talking all his knicks hit right, so we keep going right.
Speaker 1: Third quarter hit.
Speaker 5: He felt good.
Speaker 4: He like, man, No, man, he said, man, carbon shut down. Okay, No, Nick, go out to night. Yeah, you know, I said, Brusty Gold hits.
Speaker 1: It or Brus's gonna be able to get the rest rue.
Speaker 4: He had a whole skit about being in New York and they they was down down.
Speaker 1: I thought they might go to getting the reservations. Yeah. Sorry, sir, we're closed. Sorry, sorry, sorry, mister, that's wide open right now.
Speaker 4: Listen, they got free drinks from Brunson's family in the Strip.
Speaker 1: Club right now. You go to Scarlets right now. They got a two for one drink cell with the brunching promo, a big body promo. You know what I'm saying right now, I'm telling you people was like, oh no, they take the velvet road back out. They lifted the gate.
Speaker 3: Up, like this can go one or two ways. With the next Cleveland series, it can go they does the bullet well, this could be something that could demoralize Cleveland to where they like, man, they can just be sunking on this, or they can look at the positive light on you know what.
Speaker 1: It's game one.
Speaker 3: You know they're supposed to win, but look, we're I would be in the locker room like, gad, we better than that.
Speaker 1: I'm about to say, people be like, man, we can beat them. We better than we can beat them, better than a dub on the floor. We can beat them. That's definitely what you are saying.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, we're up a dub on the floor, Like, come on, you know that ain't gonna that.
Speaker 1: Don't happen.
Speaker 5: How QUI think is the locker room erace that from their thought though?
Speaker 4: Or so?
Speaker 1: First off, you gotta have that player there to erase it. Yeah, one nigga, Hey.
Speaker 4: Man, hey, hey, we can beat deal Man. We had that now twenty five man better, we can beat hey. Listen, do what you do tonight game two. We're gonna blow these niggas out in here. That's how you're coming there, right, You coming in there like that. This cannot demoralized. If everybody coming here like this and ain't nobody talking right, you're in trouble.
Speaker 1: And the coach got to come in here. Hey guys, Hey guys, guys, Hey, everybody look up, Hey guys, we can beat that. You can take a lot from that game. You can, you can take a life. They was ready, they were ready.
Speaker 3: You just had a bad seven minute stretch. No, you had the last seven You up twenty two or seven minutes to go six minutes. They have the worst six minutes in NBA history.
Speaker 5: Yeah, another question Kenny Atkinson.
Speaker 6: During that it was a thirty to eight run, Kenny only called one time out.
Speaker 5: Is there like as a coach.
Speaker 1: What was he gonna do? What's he gonna do.
Speaker 4: He got his best player out there. They were just up. They was just up. So four minutes into the fourth quarter they were smashing the Knicks. Six to seven minute mark, he comes, Daly Brounson came down. He got going. When that guy going, they didn't trap him. That's what I'm saying in game. In game, adjustments are everything. Not only did he not call it time up, but he didn't make no adjustments. You know what I'm saying. It did They went backwards, James Harden shot the air ball. It just looked like they PE was watching this in real times, like, man, what the fuck is going on? I didn't know what I was watching.
Speaker 6: Michelle and Harden during that strutch for one for ten collectively together I was looking.
Speaker 1: At in the last seven minutes, it felt like that and.
Speaker 5: Ot so like they just weren't very impactful.
Speaker 1: In the last seventeen minutes.
Speaker 6: No, it would be like twelve minutes because overtime five minutes long.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm saying talk about time, I'm talking about regular time for quarter down. For the time down twenty six, he got going about six minutes seven minute mark. Yeah, so yeah, the seven minute mark plus the two overtimes, So the last twenty two minutes, Yeah, the seventeen minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about regulation, That's what I'm saying. But plus overtime too. He talked about it.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about regular time. When I saw the change and then I saw ship game seven finished smack them, and that's what I felt like, fatigue settled in. They should have got a time out, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, he'd make no end game the adjustments.
Speaker 6: Your time where you would make those adjustments, right, Yeah, I mean you could do it on.
Speaker 1: The fly most of the time.
Speaker 3: It's a combination of not only the coach, but your star players too, Like, come on, I put you the coach put them in the best position to win, and you got superstars or superstars for a reason. This that like, come on, you can't some of this don't need no coaching. Like, hey, Donovan gotta take it on his shoulders like he did versus Detroit in the last couple of games. He was just like, it wasn't nothing that the coach drew up. It wasn't nothing that the coach said to him. He just knew as a player, this is what I gotta do to help my team win. You know what I'm saying, Like, its just sometimes you gotta take it amongst yourself like kg uh in game five or games having versus Sacramento. Man, it wasn't nothing. Coach I had to tell him or draw up. He knew what he was on. You knew he was on. Like come on, like, this is your start, this is why you are the star, this is why you're the guy. Like first of all, you call the time out there and I have been in games, was like, man, time out?
Speaker 1: Fair Like I what time out? I didn't done that? And the coach ain't gonna say that, Yeah time out? Man?
Speaker 4: What are we doing conversations because already yeah, people.
Speaker 1: Like man, get us in something, man like Joe show him up? Man, what we out here doing?
Speaker 6: Speaking of deficits, I looked this up, guys. I looked at other big, big comebacks that happened in the playoffs, and you guys were involved.
Speaker 5: In one of them. In two thousand and eight. It was game four of the finals.
Speaker 6: You guys were down twenty four points and you guys came back and won that game. And you were two to one going up into that game. So that was a big.
Speaker 5: Kind of swing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then the other game, Paul, this is one of your most infamous games is O two. You were down twenty six against the Nets and.
Speaker 1: You came back and won that in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 6: Yes, So I wanted to just hear your guys' mindset when when you're down on your luck, you're down a dub, like, how do you will yourself to kind of go on runs and do things like this?
Speaker 5: Because you guys were involved.
Speaker 3: In this well, I think in both like the cases with UH with the Knicks last night, what helped us being at home, you know, that helped UH. And in the case with us in two thousand and eight, it helped with having a resilient group as a.
Speaker 5: Group because you were in La at that point.
Speaker 3: Because we were in La on the road and then the Celtics come back. That was like a combination of the leadership in the tuttle, you know, me and Twin having a no quit type of attitude because Courtwan got on me. I remember him, like, stop worrying about the goddamn reps.
Speaker 1: You better than them. You need to you need to pick it up.
Speaker 3: Because I was struggling up until the fourth quarter, and it was just like you could take it one or two ways, like you can powder about it when your teammates like, see, it's a different era now, because you could get on your teammate and cussing me out and he just like he gonna respond.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: That's what you know, That's what it was. Say that he didn't care about you. Yeah, and although they say nothing, he was trying to let you mess up so he could.
Speaker 1: That's what it was.
Speaker 3: I mean, he grabbed me in the in the goddamn time out, said something, you know, spit coming out of his mouth. He was furious, like you need to step up. Come on, we got to step up. And it just like from that point on, I didn't say a word. I just sat there just thinking like you god damn right. And we we we And I think you know, when you have that type of mentality as leaders, it feeds to your teammates. You know, they see, all, okay, he not quitting, so I can't. It comes from the top down. You see Brunton take the lead on all of that, and they're like, all right, and then you started seeing Markel Bridges hitting crazy shots now and you know, we get aggressive, you know what I'm saying Larry Shaman hitting a couple of threes, and it just it's you feed off your best players and when they see we're not we're not going out like that, fellas and you see your start and feed And I think we was able to do that in those three cases. Uh, in those two cases with us, and then you saw that with.
Speaker 6: New York and it take for you just you know, you've always been the leader of a team. You know, Game four, it's a big game. You're in your first NBA Finals. What was kind of the message to the team, obviously, both you guys leaders of the team in that moment when you're down.
Speaker 4: And if I'm being honest, man, we were all tired of ship. We come out the third usually the second group like characters in the fourth, but I think we end up having to go into the fourth and get ourselves out to pause credit. When you're home, you expect because of the home crowd, you know, family, you know, that's where your energy is.
Speaker 3: But when you're on the road, it's harder to come out hard. But I'm gonna tell you something. The antidote to being on the road is when you have a stubborn fucking group of guys that don't believe nothing of traditional. When you say it's left, they gonna go, oh, no, it's right. When you say it's black, they're gonna say, no, it's white. They they you know what I'm saying. So that's what this group was. This group was a hard headed You had to whoop this group. I mean, go get the belt, get your ass in here, and built the ass type of because that's how hard headed we was. We smoked cigars, we did what we won't. We came into your city and my love, bro I'm talking about one through fifteen. If you go to one through fifteen, we had game pro and he was our youngest guy.
Speaker 1: He thought like this.
Speaker 4: So when were down twenty five, I can remember coming to the bench, everybody tie you know what?
Speaker 1: You know what the thirty.
Speaker 4: Four said, Hey man, hey, we're gonna get this down to ten by the seven minute more.
Speaker 1: We're gonna were gonna beat them tonight. Well we listened. We came back in the third.
Speaker 3: What no, no, no, right, no, no no, because we started to make the momentum and we came we we was down two to start the fourth, but we was down twenty something the.
Speaker 1: Third, and we came back in the third. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We made we cut it like we cut it in one quarter. Though it didn't take that ship.
Speaker 1: We cut it in.
Speaker 4: One corn You got there, said hey, look when you came to the side, and he was like, hey man, we finish, come back and beat them.
Speaker 1: We was down. We looked up, were down twenty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we was down, because we was down twenty something in Game three too, and it was like a repeated Game three and I was it's like, damn it, but we cut that.
Speaker 1: I say a team in the whole third, When I say a team that can hit the button.
Speaker 5: You were down eighteen at half times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I say a team that hit down and we was down two to start the fourth.
Speaker 6: And then yeah, you and then you out for a big time in the third quarter.
Speaker 5: It was seventy one, seventy three by the end of the third.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when we cut it.
Speaker 5: Basically erased almost a twenty point deficits.
Speaker 1: In in one quarter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all three of us in all little way start offensively taking over. Then we start getting stops as a group. Then he came down, got the air one Nigga knocked his head off. Ray got the lay up boom. I got to turn around on brew like we it started.
Speaker 5: Posey hit the three E house house is the one that took your leader shot.
Speaker 1: The house by the house came in. Then motherfucker got the house. You got mother one got busy boy, right, it just takes a special and we was fun. We were small too. We wouent frow out one end. You know what I'm saying. That was dope boy. I remember that ship.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you gotta have that one player that stand up until everybody everything's gonna be all right.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: The biggest comeback in the NBA Finals history was that game for you guys. That was the biggest one ever of all time. Really yeah, twenty four point deficit, game four of the Away Finals, biggest.
Speaker 1: And guess what that do?
Speaker 4: That the biggest deficit to overcome that.
Speaker 6: That's why I asked about the Cabs if that same mindset applies for them.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm saying. I'm with p. It's two ways you can go at this. It is either you like you got.
Speaker 4: Some confidence or playing in the garden. We got the niggas down twenty something in the garden. Yeah, bro, we're gonna blow them out. Like that's how you gotta be talking. Ain't no company.
Speaker 3: I'm literally gonna be smiling today like you know what, let well I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: And you know what you're gonna do. You gonna you're gonna put that in manifestation. That's gonna happen if you keep saying it.
Speaker 4: Guess what he's saying the field look look right see if you get that real bet and ship like this going on, and you come out of the film session like ooh, I got some comp you know what. Yeah, and then now we go shoot now we go, you know, get some shoot around, and everybody's in that mode of ooh, what can I do better? You think you think Cleveland gets Game two or you got the confidence to get Game two?
Speaker 3: Man, It's just I wish I was in the locker room and I could see the look right down like today. That would tell you so much. Like I'm gonna watch the interviews. I'm gonna see what type of interviews they have today and type of energy on what they're saying, and now they give me a better idea. But if they just like head down and kind of mumbling and stuff about still talking about like if they if they got to had an attitude like, you know what, we we let it slip away. Cool, but you know what, we're gonna clean that up.
Speaker 1: That's all right.
Speaker 3: We got a couple of things we need to clean up. You know, we are obviously we know who Brunson is and we didn't do nothing to take the ball out of his hands. So it's a learning experience, but we got something for that next game.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 5: I want to bring this up.
Speaker 6: So the four years before Brunton came to the Next missed the playoffs, missed the playoffs, first round exit, missed the playoffs. Since Brunton's arrived its fourth season with the Next Eastern Conference SEMIS Eastern Conference SEMMIS, last year they made the East Finals and this year now they're in the East Finals. So it really shows that Brunton has really and the tide for this team. And I'm curious for you guys, if you're looking historically just at the Knicks and the impact that they've had on the team, where does Brunson kind of fall in that conversation.
Speaker 1: It's definitely with the new age, He's He's it.
Speaker 4: I don't see anybody in the Knicks past other than Alan Houston and Latrell Spree.
Speaker 1: Well, but they didn't have this.
Speaker 4: They had like Spreeing and Alan have a respect with New York and Spree got like a whole other type of.
Speaker 1: You know when the energy when it comes to the city, Right. But I don't know.
Speaker 4: If I can think of anybody that's been in the last like five ten years that's impacted New York basketball like this, Like he You're gonna have to put Brunson up there with Pearl, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You gonna to put him up there with with with with with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he out there, Bro. He is this generation's Patrick Ewing. He is the best player on the Knicks. He is, to me, the engine that makes that ship.
Speaker 3: Argue already a top five nick ever is bro, Like, if you.
Speaker 4: Don't do that last night, Bro, they get smoked. That ship started with him. He had three folk shots in the row and they was on some They was candy, they was oh yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like it was perfect. The stage was perfect for him to do what he did.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: What he did last night will be why you remember him real ship man. He took the game over and just that list you just you just spilled off.
Speaker 1: Bro. Bro, you can't just make better. You can't just walk.
Speaker 3: In and say this. I always say this. In the road to the finals or even the finals, you have to be not only good but lucky. The Knicks got lucky, like because before that. The reason I say that.
Speaker 4: Because it is put the ball in the basket like a little bit like burn did.
Speaker 1: That's some luck.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't get teams that twenty in the fourth quarter in the NBA playoffs. There like three and five hundred. Teams that are down twenty in the fourth quarter of the playoffs are like three and five hundred. So like, if I'm shooting here chicken, and I make three out of five hundred and I make the next one, you're gonna be.
Speaker 1: Like that's luck. No, No, I'm gonna be more like three out of five hundred.
Speaker 4: My mentality, hold on, hold on, I'm just filling the number.
Speaker 1: I want to number what's.
Speaker 3: The actual number, forty seven, three and seven forty seven.
Speaker 5: And then make it four and seven exactly.
Speaker 1: So they got lucky right there. Call that.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm thinking it for shooters shooting right, and he's three for whatever, y'all.
Speaker 1: Just seven hundred. Hey, listen, it's a shooter. He's gonna make something. Everyone. He shoots from that point on his left.
Speaker 5: Give me twenty five points though luck's not giving you twenty five points to overcome.
Speaker 3: That's one thing. Dog to win that game. They got lucky as a whole. You got lucky to win that game. Next, you're not supposed to win based on three out of seven hundred. Based on that stat you're supposed to lose that game. Analytics says you're losing that game.
Speaker 5: You guys don't always believe in analytics.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm just saying they got market you can't measure ball. That's like you got lucky balls. They got lucky they got I said, no luck, they got lucky to get like you almost and did you You know what I'm saying, Like, Noah, bro this you gotta you gotta get it. If I say all right, ticket, no man, I don't want to hear none of this.
Speaker 1: Ship man.
Speaker 4: Listen, I got you. You play black jack. Cleveland is up twenty numbers.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: But seven minutes ago, you believe they're gonna they're gonna lose.
Speaker 1: Never. You're never gonna say until I see the odds of Brunson. Oh no, hold on, hold on, I see something. Hold on, hold on. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. You know, I get you, I get you.
Speaker 4: Playing numbers, but you can't measure heart, bro. You can't measure a desire, you know what I'm saying. You can't measure passion and that when you put those elements into it. You know, like he just willed his he wielled the knicks.
Speaker 3: He was like ship happened again, like Indiana last year. You know they got lucky to get to the final bounce. All right, That's that's part of the journey. It happens every year for some teams. It happens every year. And you say it and you see it. There's some form of luck that that's an element in all of this. You see it every year. One the chip. But what they had a one. If Katie didn't you know, go down or clay or something, you got lucky. They didn't have to see them. What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something that happens along the way. Man. I think a little bit of luck goes into it. But you're acting like the luck just no, no, no, no. A little bit of lucky is it sprinkled in And every time it's a shalt grain. It ain't like a rain.
Speaker 3: It's like you're thinking, like it's an umbrella here it's gonna happen. Though it's gonna happen, it's just where and when.
Speaker 4: Man, listen, I believe luck exists, but you got you gotta actually make it happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course they made it happen. But they got lucky. Statistically speaking, they got lucky.
Speaker 6: Speaking of the team that was not lucky is the Detroit Pistons. They got eliminated by the Knicks. I'm curious what you guys thinks next for them. The big conversation happening is Jalen Durant and what they do with this contract.
Speaker 5: So he had a big dip in the playoffs.
Speaker 6: He was averaging around twenty and then went all the way down to a little bit under ten. So it was a big fall off for him from the railar season the postseason. He's eligible to make a five year, two hundred and eighty seven million dollars super Max contract. And if you're Detroit, what kind of conversations are you having trying to figure that out.
Speaker 3: That's a tough one because you looked at it's like it's a couple of things, like, all right, he's young, he's an all star. He can get better. Yeah, I know, he didn't provide.
Speaker 1: The two by the way. Yeah, I know that's what I'm seeing.
Speaker 3: I know you can provide the production we needed from him, So you can still kind of be optimistic, like, Okay, he can get better.
Speaker 1: He can learn from this.
Speaker 3: I mean, we saw Kobe in his first playoffs versus Utah, and I'm not saying he Kobe and he gonna turn into this magnifica, but he can he got room for improvement. I think you can't overreact because the initial reaction is to be like we need to trade him. He can't. He doesn't fit with k He's not the best number two guy. I think you can't overreact. I think you sign him running back. See, he gotta get better. I think the other pieces though, you signed him for that number. I mean that's his number. You know what I'm saying, that's.
Speaker 6: Makes all NBA, which I mean I would guess that he's probably gonna make all NBA based upon his regular season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, based on guys not making sixty five games, you know.
Speaker 1: Make all NBA this yet, that's a tough one.
Speaker 3: And if you value him for the future moving forward, you do it. But if you don't, you gotta explore signing trades. If you don't believe that Jalen Duran can be a number two on a championship caliber team in Detroit or that he's the right fit for k And this is gonna be a tough conversation because of his playoff performance.
Speaker 1: It's a tough one.
Speaker 3: And then you're like, well, you know, look at the guys that's getting this type of money, Joel Embiid, you know, get cast like you know, is he gonna be as good as one of them one day? If you value Jayalen Dorn and you think he could be a perennial All Star, then you do it.
Speaker 1: Do you resign him?
Speaker 3: If you you you just I think you have to resign them, even if you trade them. You gotta resign them just so you can get a valuable piece back at that number, because right now, at the number of trading them as you ain't getting nobody good because there's no because he's a low contract. So like I gotta sign him, so.
Speaker 4: Him at the twenty seven, just so that you have a value point to move with another big piece Like me personally, if I was the GM, I would try to get a better deal, you know, and I would just try to explain to him we want to try to make the team better. Can we sign you to like a little bit sort of like they did Brunton in New York? Well science, can we you know from the boom signed, because we're trying to get some other pieces that we're trying to throw on the mix. So you have to have all type of conversation and at the end of the day you're just saying.
Speaker 3: Hey, what do you want? Do you want to win here? Or is it about the money? And then it's going to come to a point to where it's like, all right, you in the move to.
Speaker 4: Play GM, Yeah you want to play some gim sure, let's play GM with the truth.
Speaker 1: Dun it, dude, truth.
Speaker 4: First GM move of the Pistons is signing Durham, getting the number two officially, like you know, an official that goes with Durham in Kate or other what's the first priority?
Speaker 5: Just throw it out always, Yeah, Tobias is coming off the books.
Speaker 6: He's twenty six million. And Kevin Herder's coming off the books, he's eighteen million. So those guys are off the books if you don't want them anymore.
Speaker 1: Are they in the tax bracket?
Speaker 5: No, okay, they're below the tax bracket. That's what they do with Duran.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, if they're coming off the books, I probably won't resign those guys.
Speaker 1: I'll probably Uh.
Speaker 3: I'm testing the waters in the I may I may sign those guys actually, just because they got some.
Speaker 1: Like Tobias either gonna sign me or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna. I'm definitely signing during Yes, Tobias and Herder. I probably signed them too. But then I got to explore trades because then I gotta look at this because like, ain't no free agents, what free agents? We got this cap room, what free agents is out there? Ain't no free agents coming to Detroit. Not nothing that's gonna change.
Speaker 1: You know. First off, man, if you go to if you can go to Utah, you go to Portland, ain't no free agents going to YouTube.
Speaker 4: Listen to me, dog, if it's bread that nigga's gonna go wherever the bread at. That's where that's first that's first. You can pay them, motherfucker to come somewhere, you know what I'm saying. And you got k and you got a chance. They was just number one to eat. You get some players to come up there. They got some players to come up there. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The players that they need, you know what I'm saying. It's a difference, and the players that they need.
Speaker 1: What they need, what they need.
Speaker 3: I think they need another score, somebody that you can depend on, an example, Lurrie Marketing, Lord Marketing.
Speaker 1: Or the white kid in Utah. Yeah, for who you're gonna trade him? That's a trade. I mean if you they don't I could get. If I could get you don't want to, I could get if.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm thinking if it's Jalen during from Market, I'm gonna have to explore it.
Speaker 1: Damn you would do that. I might have to.
Speaker 3: Because the floor. He spreads the floor. He's versatile, he's been an All Star. I mean, so you want more versatile big man? Did You don't want big Country no more? You don't want big solid. With the way the way the game is going, your center gotta be out to go out on the perimeter. So let me ask you if you got b Stu, he don't go out on the perimeter. You got you got too many guys that do the same thing.
Speaker 4: Listen to me. Do you like their upside? And if they're upside, can they get better in development? Like Jayden Durham has a little fifteen footer, he has a little trick, he got.
Speaker 1: A little crossover, he can come, he.
Speaker 4: Got a left hand hooked, he got a right hand hook, he got the bang on you right and he you know what I'm saying, Like I see his upside as as being potentially being able to develop into this what you're talking about. I don't think he's I don't think his nature is not to come down to shoot a three.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm exploring. I mean I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't see much upside on that on that team, just like like Tobias is who he is. You know a lot of these I'm talking about the whole team, everybody who's out there. Holland's nice, the the mid there trying to do win a championship next year. About development, you know what we love the Celtics is because they've been developed. You know why we love a lot of these younger teams because they've been developed. You just said earlier on the show that if you're going to follow suit, like, okay, see, you got to develop your talent.
Speaker 4: So you go Holland up there, they got the lou Strafford kid up there, number twenty three. I can go through like what about the little John Moran, little nigga who who had a great year this year?
Speaker 1: Whos there is Jenkins? Mister Jenkins got money this year. Bro, I'm keeping him, That's what I'm saying. He's a value.
Speaker 4: But I'm developing all these guys, Holland, the kids, Stratus, h Jenkins, Holland. I always said, Holland, I mean, but like a young group that the Stewart Stewart can get better. Yet Thompson twin Bro, they got like far motherfuckers and gif you've just put something two three pieces in here.
Speaker 3: That looks totally different. I mean with the way the game is played, like the vers up there. I forgot la Vern up there, right?
Speaker 5: Can I throw something that you guys right, I'm we're spitting to man.
Speaker 6: We just playing the trade that I think could potentially help both teams are curious what you guys think Jalen Duran sign and trade for Austin Reeves. Yes, Austin goes to Detroit, Yes, and Jalen Duran goes to the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Yes. I like that. You like that.
Speaker 3: I love that for for both teams. You get a young beer you can put with looka Donks and enduring. Then you get the scoring punch that you need on the perimeter.
Speaker 4: He'll dominate in the East, I mean the West though, he'll be He'll have a whole nother. He gotta see win Bey four times.
Speaker 1: He gonna have to Wemby. He got to see Lord nice. Though.
Speaker 4: You gotta see these motherfuckers anyway. You can't dodge them. So fun, you know, I like him. He's for the regular season, bro Is. He's a great compliment of piece. If you could put it with a.
Speaker 1: Marketing or with another stretch for I love it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what do you think about that ticket?
Speaker 1: I'm not a yeah man. I don't want to.
Speaker 3: But then it they police their big man that you need a big man in the East and in the NBA Finals today, you need a versatile big. Yeah, Like you need a versatile big and I don't know who that is. I mean, I would look at trying to see what they're talking about down there in Miami with Bam.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think is a better situation. I want to see him in a better situation playing with somebody. I want to see Zion in a better situation, playing with some talent. It's a bunch of guys in the league. We don't see Kyrie this year, you know what I'm saying. We didn't see Anthony Davis this year. We see Trey Young this year. A lot of people that's gonna be in the narrative next year, you know what I'm saying, along with some rookies and stuff. So a lot of it's going to fall through the cracks man real ship. It'd be about these signing trades. I think they were probably signed during him to a big number. I like that trade actually. And then in the West, you damn you gotta have a twin tower just because of what OKAC brings with Hargenstein and check.
Speaker 3: And I think they got too many players in Detroit that was liabilities this year. But I mean you can't. I don't think you can play during and a sar a seir a sar. I don't think you can play them together. I think if neither one of them can shoot, listen to me, and you got a penetrating guard like you have, like like K Cunningham, you have to give him spacing. I mean, it is what it is. When you look at Brunton, he got spacing out there because.
Speaker 1: Of the s.
Speaker 3: When you look at uh Shay Gilgs, he got spacing out there like K can do all those things them scoring guards could do. He just don't have the space, and so they have to find some players that can give him some space.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need some more scoring, if I if I'm Detroit, I thought they were so top heavy in defense. I thought defensive effort was always there, right, but for the most part too, man, Yeah, I think they need they need they need some more scoring. I would actually tap in to see what scoring would be out there on the free agency market or signing trades.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but y'all like that. I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that for the simple fact that it gives Durham a different Yeah. The West ain't so it ain't so it ain't so physical, so you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Cool, And then last thing I want to ask you.
Speaker 4: You've been interested in something Huh. I wonder where KD would end up? You think he Houston. I would just say that relationship. I think that relationship is broken. You think so would you? I want to see him with some some young talent, like I would explore, y'all would love him to be in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: If we can do that, maybe like Washington, Kadi to Washington, I would have I would explore that. I don't know because not only one of them. If I'm Washington, I'm looking to explore that. You know, if I can get a D for KD. I'm looking to do that because now I'm bringing in maybe aj De Bonsa, and I can.
Speaker 1: Have KD right there working with him. Man, That'll be something I would explore. That's what I thought Jabari Smith was going to do.
Speaker 4: I thought all those young guys in Houston was gonna jump under that whole KD cloud.
Speaker 1: And yeah, but listen them twins. Them twins got a lot of upside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got some better for sure. They got on the jumper though. That's the main That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Everybody who is in their camp on development got to get them a seventeen footer, a nineteen foot in a three point shot.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: The nineteen shot don't even probably mean nothing because motherfuckers, you know what I'm saying, talking shit, because it's a long shot. You take two more steps, it is those two more steps mean something. That's why the fuck it's a three versus the two. You know what I'm saying, So I get it.
Speaker 6: The last thing I want to ask you guys about. The Mavericks are on a complete, complete rehul right now. So they got Mesaiu Jerry, he's running their basketball ops. They grabbed this assistant GM from the Blazers. He's now their GM. His name is Mike Schmidt. And on Tuesday they fired Jason Kidd.
Speaker 5: They let him go.
Speaker 6: I said it was mutually agreed upon. I'm not sure what happened, but he's no longer with the Mavericks. What do you think is going on with them? They just came off a year they had the Rookie of the Year, they had Cooper flag a d no longer there. Kyrie played, it was injured all year. We don't know the future of him. But what do you think is going on in Dallas?
Speaker 1: Let's kid is started.
Speaker 3: A rebuild and that's that's that. You have to know that that was coming, because you know, once you get new ownership, I had I was a part of something like that. You know, when new ownership came, you know it was no it was the GM is gone, the coach is gone. Everything you want to put your imprint as a new owner. That's like, all right, I'm gonna build this how I want to do it because right now the infrastructure the way it is is not liking of So you know, I gotta go in and put my imprint as an owner. So I think they're gonna be in a full rebuild mode. You got obviously one of the young young rookies that's gonna be an All Star one day that I can build around. And the rest of them guys that are s in there. I'm looking in the open market to see who I can get in a trade, you know, guys like Kyrie and stuff and try to develop.
Speaker 4: You got a young superstar that you got to build around, right, you gotta, you gotta, you gotta actually like like you'all was saying, you know, I think this is probably the last piece of the Mark Cuban era and everything that he built, and we're gonna start seeing the new Mavericks and what it looks like. But you got a young star, young face of the league that you know, you still got Kyrie, and you got two exciting pieces that you can add on. You know, we forget this team was in the finals what two.
Speaker 1: Three years ago?
Speaker 4: Some shiite, so you know it's there. So they got a bunch that they can actually Bill on your side is known for doing things and getting things done. So yeah, he's gonna come in with his vision and his people, which is probably expected, but I'm looking for him to make this, uh this team not only competitive but better. You know, he's known for going out doing risky things, so I think it's a perfect time to do that with the pieces that he got.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I like Dallas, I like I like I like Coop, I like Kyrie. I think Kyrie is going to have a hell of a year next year coming back, and I think he's going to make the Mavericks relevant. Real talk, there's only one way to go. Man, You got anything? P what you got for the weekend?
Speaker 1: Bro chilling? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Got a rest, relaxed my murder day weekend, got a got a prom got a birthday?
Speaker 1: Kids?
Speaker 3: Stuff right, shout out to the summer being here. You're bumping a nice man. Yeah, I've been bumping it. I'm still I like a few songs on the Iceman. I ain't really really dissected the other two albums yet. I'm stuck on that one. So it's a few songs on there. I'm rocking with you. Got some theme songs yet, some things you're gonna come out to. What's my one song? I like, Uh, what's the one song? It's called Little Birdie. I like Little Birdie. I like like, I like that, I like, Uh, what's the girl name?
Speaker 1: Janice? Shut the fun up? I like that. I like that one chapter Drake Man new project. You know what I'm saying, Let's get it man, and that we are