Speaker 1: Lebron is one of those dudes who believes he's up here and folks, particularly in the media, are down here. There are exceptions, you know, in moments that he needs others, but that's who he is. Cool.
Speaker 2: Lebron has a show called The Shop.
Speaker 1: Once upon a time, the Rich Paul's the Maverick Carters came up to me, gotta have you on, Gotta have you on? I said, simple and playing, no problem only in one condition two conditions. I'm sorry, Lebron must be there because there are times where the Shop was heir that Lebron wasn't in attendance.
Speaker 2: I said, I show up.
Speaker 1: Lebron has to be there number one and number two. No editing, don't edit shit out, cliff note stuff, clip things, cut it out, Nah, let the public see. I know if I told him to come off first take, he ain't gonna want to do that because he've viewsed that as benefiting me. I know that if I wanted him to come on this podcast, he viewed that as benefiting me.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: I offered to come on his spot, name the time and place, and I'll show up by my damn self. I was never taken up on that offer, because you see, it's real easy to talk that talk like you got all the facts when I'm not there to respond. It's another thing entirely if I'm near to refute all the bullshit coming out your mouth. But this is what he does, It's what he's always done. And then he looks at everybody else say this, Steve d Man, please whatever, whatever? Why do I take this so seriously because you got cats out there trying to give the impression that I come after people's families. I need y'all a pause for one second, and I just need y'all to think I'm.
Speaker 2: Just talking to the professional athletes out there. I'm not gonna even mention any names.
Speaker 1: Who have rallied to the support of Lebron like he's this big victim. They are owners, there are general managers, there are coaches, there are other players and other sports.
Speaker 2: What have you.
Speaker 1: Nepotism exists in every form of business. We can muster in our minds.
Speaker 2: It's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 1: But when have you seen someone demand that the public's down while somebody has lifted up their offspring before it was earned. When has that happened? I'm not talking about Brownie now and what we're seeing. I'm not even talking about Bronnie from my mothergo or whatever. I'm just talking about in general, what the whole spectrum before he bounced the ball, what we saw, what we witnessed lebron doing and manipulating. Tell me when we've seen somebody do that for someone who was universally recognized as not necessarily ready yet, not that he wouldn't be, but not necessarily ready yet.
Speaker 2: That's what he asked of us.
Speaker 1: So I again was talking about Dad as in YO, he's.
Speaker 2: In public eye.
Speaker 1: Don't expose him like this to us because we got a job to do.
Speaker 2: Don't do that, That's all.
Speaker 1: I wasn't the one that brought up the legitimacy of his McDonald's all American appearance on the roster. Kenji Perkins did that. Numerous people pointed to other folks in high school basketball at the time, and they were questioning their worthiness. I didn't do that. We had the heart ailment. Oh my god, I hope he's okay. We decided to pass up staying at USC and turn pro cool. When Opening Night took place in the Griffies were intended. I was in Crypto dot com rena standing clapping. All of that got ignored. Why didn't get ignored, ladies and gentlemen, because Lebron. It wasn't about the problem that Lebron had about his son. It was Lebron having a problem and finally finding an excuse to do what he always wanted to do, which was confront me in an unfortunate and public platform. I'm not gonna go as far as I want to go in saying how weak that stuff is. In terms of how he confronted me, I would have waited. I got nothing to say to him now. You know, we'll probably never speak in life again. But if he wanted, you know, I wish he had the shop. I wish he invited me on, not my platform, his platform. You can't defend the stuff that he's done. You have no idea, But he knows. I know we want to go there. Let's go there, slithering and just through stuff and always with the two faced nods up ooh.
Speaker 2: Y'all won't know the half y'all don't know.
Speaker 1: So when he went on Pat McAfee's show earlier today, it was no surprise. The show that comes on after first take the show that stars me. I know that you got a new podcast coming out with Steve Nash. No surprise there, JJ Redick, Steve Nash, no surprise, got the podcast coming out. Definitely want to promote that basketball podcast and we should watch it. We should learn because Lebron knows more basketball than most people forgot. Just like he said to Pat McAfee, his mind, he thinks the game. Most of these people rely on their athleticism and their talents and their skill. He relies on his brain. He's absolutely right, and he knows basketball backwards and forwards. That has nothing to do with how you've treated people. That has nothing to do to the things that you've said. That has nothing to do with you confronting me about doing my job. And everybody wants to look at and say, as a father's a father's a father? Because I said as a father, I stand by that, not because he's Bronnie's father.
Speaker 2: I stand by it.
Speaker 1: Because he was the one putting everything on public display. We didn't have to know that he didn't care about you know, I'm sorry. We did not have to know.
Speaker 2: That he.
Speaker 1: Was willing to go someplace else practically for free. We did not have to know that it was not about the money. We did not have to hear him say you want me draft Bronnie. We did not have to hear him say, my son is better to have the players or some of the players in the NBA right now before he ever played an NBA game.
Speaker 2: You did that. That was lebron James who did that.
Speaker 1: He wasn't asked that, He wasn't asked his level of culpability in all of this.
Speaker 2: He goes on there and he talks, man cool, I got it. I got it. So it is what it is.
Speaker 1: There's really not much else to say other than this, ladies and gentlemen, It's very important that you understand what.
Speaker 2: I'm about to say.
Speaker 1: To me anyway. I'm not a liar. I might not like what I say. Every truth ain't meant to be told, but I don't go into airwaves and lie. I did not know we were being videoed at courtside. He was walking out of a timeout. I did not know initially that after he finished getting in my face he looked.
Speaker 2: Right up at the camera, go back and look at the angle. I didn't know that. I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: When I went on the air the next morning, we had a morning meeting, at which time I said to the staff at first tape, I don't feel like talking about this, And then minutes later they said, it's the number one trending topic in sports. You have to talk about it. The bosses, you have to talk about it. What do you mean you ain't talking about it?
Speaker 2: This is what you do. This is sports.
Speaker 1: This is a sports story and it directly evolves you. What you mean you ain't talking about it? So he might think I'm salivating and I was happy to discuss it. I'm not happy to discuss the dude getting in my face telling me stop shitting on his son. I'm not happy about that.
Speaker 2: I think Savannah is the first lady of the.
Speaker 1: I think she's an absolutely wonderful human being that has always been nothing but kind to me.
Speaker 2: You think I like the thought of pissing her off. Gloria James.
Speaker 1: An absolutely wonderful person that I have seen over the years and has never been anything but the most pleasant person in the world to me. I don't like the thought of upsetting her or anybody that cares about him. I certainly don't want to hurt Bronnie. I'm rooting for the kid but the news is the news, the sport is the sport, and the story was the story. So Lebron can be say anything he wants and I want to talk about him or whatever case. And I'm gonna continue to talk to you about.
Speaker 2: About you, bro.
Speaker 1: When you retire, let's see how much I talk to you about you, then you won't matter much. Promise you, I won't be talking about you much when you stop playing. As long as you're playing, I'm gonna talk about you because that's my job, and I'm gonna be very objective about it.
Speaker 2: You deserve praise and give it to you. You deserve criticism.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give that to but at least I'm going to tell the truth instead of lying. Like Lebron, James has been lying, using his son as an excuse to say what he said to me. He has a problem with me, he knows good and damn well. I wasn't shitting on his son. He has a problem, and instead of talking to me about it, he came at me when I wasn't in a position to respond, and then when he wanted to respond and elaborate, he went to Pat McAfee. Major props to Pat McAfee again forgetting it. Anybody would have got damn it, you did it. I have no problem with Pat McAfee whatsoever what he did with this interview. I'm not insulted or offended or betrayed by a teammate.
Speaker 2: Or anything like that. That's nonsense. He did the right thing. Lebron is the culprit here, but far be it for me to say that about King James. Kings don't get blames. I guess that's why he's not my king.