Speaker 1: Hey, you're here. You found the Second Date podcast and we love that. Thank you so much. Soap you're here. You know what, if you want us to invade more of your life, we're on YouTube, yeah with Brook and Jeffrey. Your address, I can show up Jose. Jose will come to your house and give you hugs.
Speaker 2: And yeah you give me foods uh huh.
Speaker 1: And also there's forty five more minutes of this dumb content that apparently you like, which we're really grateful for. You can go for the main feed for the full show Brook and Jeffrey. But right now, let's get into this relationship stuff.
Speaker 2: Second Data Date. I think a lot of us have gone out on a first date with low expectations and before you know what, things happen and you end up spending the night. Oh yeah, you're lucky, I know, But not very often does it happen the opposite way, where your whole plan is to stay the night, but you decide, actually, you know what, I'm gonna play the long game on this one. That's exactly what's happening with Jose and Alexis. Right now, we're not here to talk about them.
Speaker 1: Todayag you gross. You know the protest too much, protest too much.
Speaker 2: You guys can pretend.
Speaker 3: I am not pretending.
Speaker 2: We're not here to talk about the situation happening between you two. For one of our listeners, Sydney, who needs our help today. Welcome to the show, Sydney.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys, oh.
Speaker 1: Man, thank god you're on the phone. Cut the tension in this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So tell us about the guy that you went out with recently. What's his name?
Speaker 4: His name is Kurt, and I met him on Tinder.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I mean what struck him about you on Tinder?
Speaker 4: On Tinder? He was just cute, Like I was originally into it for like the meaningless, which is it.
Speaker 2: You don't go to Tinder to like read the bios.
Speaker 1: St but you still want to have like a good like chemistry on your like messages together, you know, some some liked shared interest.
Speaker 2: I'll give you that. So how did things play out with you and Kurt?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, So it turned out he was pretty amazing, Like I met him at this bar and he was just so put together and had this beautiful smile.
Speaker 2: Wow. Well hello, Kurt, I mean, yes, that's all it takes, just a little smile, like wow, this guy really knows what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Did you have your expectations so low he doesn't take much.
Speaker 2: That shoulders catch for you, expectations so low that it doesn't take much.
Speaker 1: Did you feel yourself like growing more nervous during the date because you're realizing this.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say nervous, but just shifting like away from wind to hook up to like wanting to play like the long game.
Speaker 2: You know, Okay, cool, you suddenly felt like this was going to be more than just a one night thing. You wanted to actually maybe start a relateationship this guy.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's that seems pretty deep, but yeah, kind of.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, so how do you go about doing that?
Speaker 1: The shift? How did the shift happen?
Speaker 2: This is interesting to me.
Speaker 1: Pivot When was your pivot? So?
Speaker 4: I mean we hung out at the bar for a little bit and then it's kind of early and it's a really hot day.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you excuse yourself to the bathroom and you go put on some real underwear. Now you feel like this could be a relationship situation. Get rid of the edible stuff.
Speaker 1: Melting.
Speaker 2: I see where you're at Sydney. Keep going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Anyway, it was super hot out and he he said that he had a pool at his house. Yeah, what I know. So I was like, you know, this could be shady, but the fact is I've been hanging out with him for a while and he's just so easy and we just get all you know. So I was like, why not?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So wait, what was your plan then to skinny dip because I assume he didn't come with a swimsuit.
Speaker 4: Well I didn't want to skin it, but like I just went my T shirt and my undies.
Speaker 2: Oh you O. I think it's a strong move. No, that's all you got. I mean, heck right as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's also like I didn't want to hook up with him. I'm just gonna go get naked and wet.
Speaker 2: That's the long game. Broke Okay is an expert in the art of seduction. So did it work?
Speaker 4: I mean I think so. Like, first of all, let me just tell you his house. Holy Molly, Oh really?
Speaker 2: Oh this guy's rich, Oh.
Speaker 4: My god, like brand new, like all the finishing touches, like a floaty staircase. Not only does he have a pool, but he's got a hot tub. So we did go.
Speaker 1: I didn't think a guy with a bed like not on the ground. This is trying to graduate from a futon.
Speaker 2: So there's there's hot tub action happening now.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, but not even like action. It was totally just like hanging out. I mean, super good chemistry though, but I didn't want to like mess it up by just cheapening it. You know, girl, it's.
Speaker 1: Not cheapening it. I mean, you're he's inviting you at his house, you're in his hot tub, Like you're telling me nothing happened.
Speaker 4: No, I won't say we did kiss where.
Speaker 5: Where where are on the body or where I'm like, well, kind of like after the hot tub, so it didn't get too steamy, like it was almost more romantic, but you maybe get you a.
Speaker 2: Towel and then he pulled you in.
Speaker 1: Know what happened after after the nice kiss.
Speaker 4: He asked he I want to hang out a little more, but I thought, maybe you know, it was time to call it, just to keep it super high point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, keep him wanting more. Oh my gosh. If that was him, I would be like, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, right, because you have the kiss, you have the moment, your heart ring thinking.
Speaker 2: About you every day after that I don't know. If I was him, I'd feel like I just blew it.
Speaker 1: She just left so she said it was a romantic kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay on paper, yeah I can see. So what happened?
Speaker 4: So when I left, he said that he was going to be out of town for about two weeks.
Speaker 2: Whoa Okay, But then.
Speaker 4: Like he got back and it's just been like he texted me one time that he wanted to hang out, but now he keeps saying that he's like busy. So I'm like, oh no, what happened. I mean, did he like, you know, meet somebody who was out of town.
Speaker 2: Or I mean two weeks is a long time to go between seeing someone in the dating world. Were you able to keep a conversation going with him while he was away? Yeah?
Speaker 4: We did text a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, how was it.
Speaker 4: Was kind of flirty? It was? It was nice. You know, it makes it even weirder when he gets back, Like the text aren't a flirty Okay?
Speaker 2: From experience, I mean, anybody, the momentum, Yeah, a week without even talking to somebody or a lot, I mean, it definitely changes the momental.
Speaker 1: Maybe we can change it again, maybe, babe.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's give this a shot. We're gonna play a song, we'll come back, We're gonna call Kurt for you, and we'll try and get you a second date. Update.
Speaker 4: Okay, Sidney sounds great. Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, second update. This is a challenge that we've never had before on this morning show.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: That challenge is find the only catch on Tin and then reel him in without any favors. And the reason that he's a catch is because Kurt not only has good hair and a nice smile and he's put together. On top of all that, he owns a great house with a swimming pool, a floaty staircase, an expensive hot tub, and they even shared a passionate kiss during sunset as a pod of dolphins swam by and did a synchronized water dance to a BTS song. Wow. And after all that, Sidney still turned down the invitation to spend the night just to try to play the long game with this guy.
Speaker 1: I feel like Sidney's having regrets after hearing about the dolphins.
Speaker 2: It's like he literally was like, hey, I have millions of dollars if you like it, and she was like, no, I'm good. The reason why she might have some regrets, is because it's been two weeks and now their conversation has cooled off a lot, so she's hoping that we can turn the heat back up with this second date. Update. How are you feeling right now, Sydney.
Speaker 4: I'm a nervous as heck. I really am.
Speaker 2: Perfect guy, pretty much.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's interesting because you wanted to play the long I'm cool game, and now you have a radio station calling for you.
Speaker 2: Seem very cool.
Speaker 1: It kind of turned.
Speaker 2: She's like, now I'm having a panic attack.
Speaker 4: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: I think we can do it, though. I mean, you know, we're like rich, powerful people to I just think we'll impress him.
Speaker 2: No, we better hurry up and just make this call before this gets any worse than it already is. Okay, so Broke, pay the phone, Billy. Let's just check make sure it works. But I think if we've learned anything from Sydney, it's start with low expectations, so then it can only go up from there. That's good, all right, son, I'm gonna dial Kurt's phone number right now, and we're gonna try and get your second date up. Do you ready, Sydney?
Speaker 4: Okay? I'm ready.
Speaker 1: We'll try not to screw it up.
Speaker 2: No promises though. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Kurt.
Speaker 3: It's Kurt.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kurt, how you doing? My name is Jeff. Awkward?
Speaker 1: It was awkward though.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry for my awkwardness, Kurt.
Speaker 3: Hi, what's going on?
Speaker 2: This is a morning radio show called Brooke and Jeff in the Morning, and this is the morning radio show team that apparently doesn't like the job I'm doing.
Speaker 1: You're not very good at small talk, including just saying your name is.
Speaker 2: I'm Jeff.
Speaker 1: What's currently had a great reason for calling you though?
Speaker 3: Wait, mindy right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is that okay?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's just weird.
Speaker 1: Cool, yeah something.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 2: Well, the reason that we're calling you is because one of our listeners has been trying to get a hold of you and she's been having a hard time lately. Her name is Sydney. Oh yeah, yeah, okay, you remember Sydney?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do remember. So she had you guys call me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She was just so excited about your date.
Speaker 3: I mean, now you guys want to talk about the date?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, sort of, because we know that a date happened two weeks ago over at your house, and she had a lot of great things to say about you and your place, and she's a little bit confused. Why now two weeks later things have cooled off between you.
Speaker 3: This is really awkward.
Speaker 2: It is it Brooke again? It is Brook? Yeah? I apologize.
Speaker 1: Probably. I mean the thing is Kurt, Like, she really felt like there was a true connection between you two, and it was something that she wasn't expecting at all, and it really surprised her.
Speaker 3: I agree, I did think there was potential to be honest with you.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 3: I just I feel like I, honestly, I think I kind of screwed up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Why do you say that?
Speaker 3: Okay, So you're like, she really liked the pool. People enjoy it when they come to visit. I get that, but I kind of messed up. I was like, well, you know, you're welcome to use it anytime, Like I made this comment, and then I went away for a couple of weeks for business. And then I found out when I was away that she used the pool multiple times with her friends.
Speaker 2: What, well, you weren't there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she just kept over and over coming over with her friend. Gab security. You know, my security footage. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought I was gonna say, like security guards. I'd be like the worst security guards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my security dog, my security dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you told her she could use it whenever.
Speaker 1: No, wait, hold up, she didn't ask you.
Speaker 3: No, she didn't mention it. And then like the motion sensor triggers, like I know people are in there, so like you know, multiple times I got an alert people were in the backyard or whatever, and when I checked the footage, it was.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, there's apps now, yeah, yeah, yeah, we have one that's the same. You can see it from your phone.
Speaker 3: Honestly, my brother uses my pool all the time, so I kind of figured it was him. And then when I got back, I was curious to see, like who had been using the pool, and then it was her over and over, like it was like the y mc aka.
Speaker 2: So you come home and you check your security cams and you see that it's actually Sydney and her friends using your pool, and that's why you've kind of cooled off towards her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I just feel like she took advantage.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Did you warn her that you have security cameras outside your We just had this conversation, like not too long ago where you said if anybody comes over to your house, you need to warn them that you have.
Speaker 1: If you invite someone to your home. She was never invited. Like that's the thing, like when you give an open invitation to somebody saying, oh use the pool, you know everyone knows that you ask before you do it. You don't just show up.
Speaker 2: It sounded to me like he told her you can come over at any time, and I don't know if that's true. Maybe we should ask Sydney. Sidney, is that what he said? Hi? It's not like, yeah, sorry, I should have let you know, Kurt that Sydney's been on the other line listening this entire time. She wants to talk to.
Speaker 3: You after all that. Now you didn't let me know.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, I guess my calls are right. I'm not very good at this job, so I apologize, but go ahead, Sydney.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I can barely even stand. I'm so horrified right now. I feel so bad. Maybe I was just so excited about like the time we had I just kind of was like showing off your placed my friends. I don't know what, but now I just feel like I messed up so bad and I just that's not respectful in my part, and I'm so sorry. I feel really bad.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I appreciate that. I just I don't know, it's just a little weird.
Speaker 2: Sidney. How did you even get into his pool?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Did you have to scale a fence or something? Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, there's like a door that isn't kept.
Speaker 2: One of those ones you just reach over. And my parents have that too. I'm like, why do you have a door that.
Speaker 3: I could come in?
Speaker 1: Sidney? What were you thinking? What do you mean was she thinking broke pool party? Why? Why wouldn't you ask him? Why wouldn't you say, hey, do you mind if my friends and I come over while you're out?
Speaker 2: You get away with it?
Speaker 4: I'm asking her, I mean, if you want me to be completely honest here, You're right. I didn't think he would actually know, and I was so excited to show my friends where he lived.
Speaker 2: I mean, it sounds to me, Kurt, like Sydney realizes that she made a mistake and she's really sorry about what she.
Speaker 3: Did, which is everything was just thrown around too. I she didn't even clean up after it was just like it was just a disaster.
Speaker 2: I really well, she just figured that she would come back the next day.
Speaker 4: I don't recall that. Pardon if that's true. I'm super horrified in every way right now. I I mean, honestly, this seems unforgivable. But I really hope that you'll just take my word that I'm not a tool and that like, I'm so sorry, and I hope we can give it a second chance.
Speaker 2: As all, she's impressed by you, bro, she's trying to show off your pad to her friends. Yeah, and with that being said, we want to send you out on another date, and we'll pay for it, Kurt, if you're willing to give Sidney one more chance. I mean, to be.
Speaker 1: Fair, Kurt, she didn't. I don't think she's like a gold digger. I don't think she's trying to use you. I mean, it's hard to find a guy with a pool, but she liked it. But she liked you for you before she knew about the pool.
Speaker 2: That was, she seemed sincere when she told us about it. Yeah, yeah, I mean, before you answer, just think about Sydney in her shirt and her no pants swimming around in your pool. Okay, you're not.
Speaker 3: I don't have to think about it. I've seen the video already, all.
Speaker 2: Just visualize it and then let us know what do you think? One more shot with Sidney on our bill.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I don't think so. I feel like.
Speaker 1: She blew it, and she blew it, blew it.
Speaker 2: This is why you hook up the first night. Everybody's swipe right on.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 3: The rest of you, guys, you're a welcome used to pool anytime you want, you lose.
Speaker 2: We moved on
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.