Speaker 1: I'm Teddy Mellencamp and this is Emily Simpson, and you're listening to popping Off.
Speaker 2: We are on the season finale of the Secret Lives of Mormon Wives.
Speaker 1: Can they just bring it back already? Like, I'm ready, You're ready for the next season already? I think they're probably currently filming. I would guess, yeah, but I feel ready. We could just pop up randomly and just see if we could just get a little camera time. I'm going to Utah this weekend. Should I try and find them?
Speaker 2: Thanks for the invite once again, Like you're not even a team player anymore.
Speaker 1: You just do you do you?
Speaker 2: And I just will sit here at my house like it's fine, it's fine. Well, they're at Taylor's house where we could have been if we were Shena. She's days away from giving birth, so she should be happy, but she's not. Also, I want to know who's days away from giving birth and they're happy. Yes, you're happy, you're excited that you're going to have a baby, and you love it, But you are your last couple of days before where you give birth, you feel like absolute ass.
Speaker 1: I don't know I've never given birth. Thanks for rubbing it in. Uh, I am so inconsiderate.
Speaker 2: Well, I can assure you your sister felt that way, I'm sure. But she's taken a break from Dakota since they've gotten back from Vegas. He's coming over today, so she's going to confront him about the confession Macy received. And then Taylor has a feeling that the confession could be from this girl, Jenna Jenna. Dakota walks in as Taylor's still on the phone with her mom.
Speaker 1: There he is showing up randomly again, just out of nowhere, just showing up.
Speaker 2: Leanne wishes they thought this through before bringing a child into this chaos.
Speaker 1: No shit, Leanne, it's a little late to be saying these kinds of things. I know, Leanne as a mother is just like Captain obvious, like, well that's not a great place for a baby. Yeah, no, okay, Leanne.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm birth in three days, so maybe we could have talked about this before. But I think that Leanne loves and I told you so moment, like it's her favorite thing in life. Like she's like told you even when we're calling people and just doing.
Speaker 1: A full on oh my gosh, make contation. I love it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like, maybe Paul, we've got to get Leanne for old mom talk.
Speaker 1: Oh, Leanne would be good, but I still think Leanne's probably younger than I am.
Speaker 2: True, but and Leanda's I don't think. And last, Leanne has like younger kids from like a new marriage. I don't know that Leanne fits the aesthetic that we need with the young kids, but an old mom. But Taylor shows to Codea the confession that Macy received in a shocking turn events. He denies it. Taylor makes threats if she did find this out to be true, she would leave him. Dakota continues to deny it. He hates that Taylor makes constant threats to leave the relationship. I actually don't like when people make threats either either shoul or get off the pot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it. I I you know sometimes when you get heat, do you do you use the D word?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: I don't really do that anymore, but I used to. I used to do that with Shane. That was bad. He used to piss me off so badly. I'd be like, that's it, I'm done, I'm out, and then I'd be like, I was just kidding. I'm not really going anywhere. See, I don't really do that.
Speaker 2: You know, Shit's bad for me when I like have a when I'm not heated and I have like a serious conversation like I'm not happy right now, I'm struggling, like yeah, or things aren't good, Like that's where you should really can panic.
Speaker 1: In the heated moment, I am not.
Speaker 2: I maybe like you're an asshole, but like I'm not going I'm not like we're going to get it aboard, like.
Speaker 1: Right see I told him that. I was like, as long as I'm just mad and I'm kneeling it at you, it doesn't really mean anything. It's when I tell you I need to go to dinner and we need to sit and we need to talk. That's that's when you're in trouble.
Speaker 2: Chuck your chap between your legs, right or cover up that shit because you should be panicking. Yeah, that's always, But in the moment, I don't like to If Edwin was upset about something or a friend or anyone, I don't particularly like to fight in that moment because I like to think about it a little bit and then once I'm ready, then I go for it. But that's good because that means you have control. I have no control. I'm like a zero to a one hundred kind of girl.
Speaker 1: I hate it. You don't say, yeah, it happens.
Speaker 2: But then Macy's driving when she gets a call from Dakota. He asked if they can talk in person. She agrees, so they decide to meet in a parking lot. If anything's a new confession is like if I saw Dakota in a parking lot in a car with Macy, I would be more concerned than whatever this confession is going to tell.
Speaker 1: It's freaking weird. It is weird. Shane would never reach out to a friend of mine and ask to meet that friend one on one. Don't you feel like that's just that's beyond the boundaries of what you should do in any relationship.
Speaker 2: Well, even if it was at a public restaurant and they were I would feel better about it. But like driving getting a soda and driving around in the car together.
Speaker 1: It's so weird. It's the weirdest.
Speaker 2: Format of like having a conversation. But also why isn't Taylor there? Because this actually involves Taylor, Like, what is Dakota going to do? Once Macy gives the information?
Speaker 1: Go relay it?
Speaker 2: To Taylor or vice versa. They could both be lying until we see it on video.
Speaker 1: I know that that is a situation where you would need to be because you want to see what he says when he's confronted by something like you don't want to hear it secondhand.
Speaker 2: No, it didn't make any sense, But I also it didn't really make sense driving around in the car to have a hard heart with your future baby mom is bestie about a confession about cheating on her prior is a little bit weird.
Speaker 1: But then don't worry.
Speaker 2: Dakota tries to blame Macey for most of the issues he and Taylor face. He feels like Macy's trying to sabotage them. Macy disagrees entirely she needed to tell her friend about the message she received. I mean, this is just I hate to use the word because it's always being used these days. But like Dakota is trying to gaslate Macy, Macy clearly hates Dakota, which joined the club.
Speaker 1: But let's just get back to the timing. If Macy truly was a friend of Taylor's and she was looking out for Taylor, she would have told her immediately, right wouldn't that be the expectation if you got some DM about me, yes and Shane and it looked legitimate, Like I saw Shane at seven eleven. He had a big gulf. We had sex behind the seven eleven, Like, would you tell me I wanted to go to Taco Bellary it's ended out? Yes, you. I feel like as a friend, you would tell me immediately. You wouldn't hold onto it thinking like, well, maybe i'll film on OC next season and I'll tell her then right.
Speaker 2: Now if you're actually this is the only thing I can This is the time I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Wrap my head around.
Speaker 2: Is that maybe Macy was given this information prior to the two of them getting pregnant doing all of these things. She maybe mentioned that she thought he was a cheater or liar or whatever. It was too tailor, but didn't get into the details, like I've just created a full story and I did. Yeah, But and then now that they're in this deep that's why she wanted to come forward. That's me trying to give her the benefit of doubt. What I think really happened was they're like, we got to get some shit move in on this show, and it can't just be Zach and Jen and Whitney's not filming anymore throwing ping pongs out of her vagina, so I got to step in and do some shit.
Speaker 1: She's too busy coloring Connor's hair again. Yeah, and his mustache, wing, plucking his eyebrows. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, if I've hand out some shit about Shane tomorrow, I would tell you tomorrow. I wouldn't wait to come on popping off and then be like.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, about a confession. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't get it, especially if they're truly friends, if they're just but if this is simply about a show and about influencers that aren't necessarily friends in this tracks, but then why would you feel the need to tell her anyway because you don't.
Speaker 1: Care about her. No, just talk about it in every other scene she's not in. Yeah, just talk behind her back like the rest of everybody.
Speaker 2: But Demi and MICHAELA said it was better to do it now than after the baby was born, So that's why Macy told her. In Vegas, Dakota is angry with Macy. She's the only person he could blame in the situation, so that's what he's doing. Well, actually he could blame himself because he's lad of did it. They end up leaving things unresolved. Clearly, I thought he was going to go into it differently. I was hoping for him that he would like use his big brain and go into that awkward car ride a little bit better, but he didn't. Unresolved than Whitney and her family are at dinner and she has some exciting news to share. I need you to finish this sentence because it was really hard for me to take it.
Speaker 1: When it comes to the mom talk group, Whitney does not want to be friends with them anymore. I love this content. It's so it's so first grade to me, this constant I don't want to be friends with them anymore. She'd rather focus on her family, her future, and their homestead. Then a cake is placed on the table. Whitney's mom cuts into it and they reveal a use pregnancy test baked into the center of the cake. Her sister couldn't even hide her disgust. I want to know what bakery took, like, got the pregnancy test and then baked the cake around it. I want to know Nney's bakery. You know she baked that shit herself. You think she did. I feel like she. I feel like she fakes all them she faked. I feel like she fakes all those seas ors. She's like making like homemade Graham crackers with the kids. You know, she was laying in bed eating Brownie is watching Netflix, and then they came over to film and then she starts running around the kitchen like stuff. She's so you don't think she's a track wife? Trad trad? What is a track wife? Is that so?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: That runs on tracks? She's an Olympic runner? Sure she is trad wife.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, you know, I make mistakes a lot of the times, but either way.
Speaker 2: Another mistake was putting a pea stick in the middle of a freaking cake.
Speaker 1: Who It's like when I was in eighth grade and my friend Ravenel told me that.
Speaker 2: Everybody would pee in a cup and then use it to like use toner on their face, and like half the class believed her, And I was like, I don't know if this shit's true, but I'm not peeing on my own face.
Speaker 1: So you didn't try it? Wait, I was waiting for you to say, and you tried it. I didn't. Everybody else did their skins. It was clearer than mine. I had, you know, a little bit of flare ups.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Well, the question is would you have eaten the cake? Remind me was it in a ziploc bag? I don't know. I mean, I'm a big fan of cake, so I feel like I could just cut a piece around it if it was not in a zip bloc bag.
Speaker 2: I don't think that I could, because I would have thought about how when you pee on that stick, it like leaks, if it leaks out and it fills up, and like, yeah, I just don't think that I could. If it was in a ziploc bag, I could probably take a side piece with like a little flower on top, a.
Speaker 1: Little side piece. But I mean, it's just they couldn't even handle it.
Speaker 2: And I really thought that Whitney couldn't top dancing in the nick you next to her child, but she did.
Speaker 1: She topped it with this, so thank you Whitney. Yeah, but then she then she did the the ping pong TikTok where they shot the ping pong shot out of her vagina like she not, I guess, not technically out of her vagina, but she did set it up to look like they were coming out her. I just couldn't do that. I mean, I just couldn't. I don't care if I got fifty million views and Meta sent me a bigger check, I just still couldn't do it. What are you talking about? What was that? Was that a cockering? It's my hair, rubber band. It just flew out of there. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: Then we end up at Jen and Zach's house. The Vegas trip took a toll on their marriage. It took a toll on me too.
Speaker 1: It took a toll on my marriage.
Speaker 2: They've been taking the time to pray and heal after it happened. They also found out that Zach was accepted in a medical school in New York, which leads me to believe, why is he going to medical school in Arizona?
Speaker 1: Then if he was gone into New York.
Speaker 2: They also start discussing if they're going to continue on mom talking and whatnot. She's wondering now now that she's famous, she's wondering if medical school is still worth it considering how much stress it's putting on it. I'm like, is that what's putting stress? Or is mom talk putting stress? Or is the gambling, addiction, putting stress Like, I don't know that med school is the full to blame for the stress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I feel like that was the least stressful thing in your marriage. Him going away to get an education might be the best thing. His hair stresses me out. His hair, both of their hair stressed me out.
Speaker 2: But Zach thinks they can work on their problems before school starts in August. But Jen isn't confident that their marriage survived ten years.
Speaker 1: Of school right now. You know what shit, I couldn't survive ten years ago right now.
Speaker 2: Also, if they're in New York, that will prevent Jin from doing business opportunities With mom talk, Jen expresses how much mom talk means to her and Zach's responses.
Speaker 1: I don't really care, well, Zach, then who's paying for you? Then, Zach, I don't get it. You don't have a job and your parents are done giving you money, so you don't have a lot of alternatives. Ugh, I just every time Zach talks.
Speaker 2: But I think Zach just really wants to get Jin in New York City for isolation one oh one. But then I also wonder is he even into gin or he just wants to like make her feel shitty, because that's a really good question.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think he's into himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then don't worry. It's the Baby Mama launch party. Baby Mama, Baby Mama launch Party. Every from everyone from mom Talk was invited, even Whitney. But Macy hasn't heard from Whitney at all. If she doesn't show up, it will put their friendship at risk. Everyone else from mom Talks shows up to support.
Speaker 1: She has a tattoo station, which doesn't necessarily align with Mormon values. Some of them painted out, Yeah, it's a real tattoo station, not like not like a like a little kid tattoo station where you just rub it on. No, this is the real deal.
Speaker 2: Then dem comes up with an idea, if Whitney doesn't walk through the doors by the time the Baby Mama website launches.
Speaker 1: All the girls will un follow her.
Speaker 2: The countdown begins and all the girls unfollow Whitney at the same time.
Speaker 1: I mean, wow, I know I needed cameras with Whitney at that time, though I did too, But I want to know, if like six people unfollowed me at the same time, would I.
Speaker 2: Notice I realized that it is mom talk, but like, I don't know that I.
Speaker 1: Am that in tune with who follows me?
Speaker 2: That I would notice, Yes, with time, I would notice that all the people I worked with no longer followed me.
Speaker 1: I unfollowed you this morning? Did you notice? I was like, actually I did, and I had a celebration party. I was off for her.
Speaker 2: But then they're upset that she's not there to support her best friend and they don't think she has a place in mom talk. Jen leaves the party early because Zach is.
Speaker 1: Home feeling sick.
Speaker 2: Sure, and then Dakota is filming a video to document that Taylor's water just broke in their home. They're leaving for the hospital to have their baby. Meanwhile, Michaela is having her birthday party at the local roller skating rink and all of the girls are there, besides Taylor who's birthing, and Jen, Jen.
Speaker 1: Who's taking care of Zach who has the flu? Does he have the flu? The man flu? It just doesn't feel good and I feel good, he said it pretty much.
Speaker 2: I just want to control you, Jen and tell you can't go to the final party. But don't worry even though you didn't make it to the final party.
Speaker 1: Whitney did.
Speaker 2: Whitney did, and she blew off Mikayla just to talk to her bestie, Macy.
Speaker 1: Is this where she shows up and it looks like a coat, but it's maybe a dress. Is it a kid dress? Yes? This is where. This is where it happens. I mean, and.
Speaker 2: Macy doesn't think mot like, we're then you know, they're talking about Dakota cheating on Taylor allegedly, and Macy doesn't think mom mom talk could survive another scandal.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I hate to.
Speaker 2: Be the bearer of bad news, but mom talk exists because.
Speaker 1: Right, So the more that you have the right, the better.
Speaker 2: Then then Whitney comes in in her coat dress. Everyone's in shock, especially Jesse. She straight up asked Whitney what she's doing there because Mikayla doesn't like her. I love that she speaks for MICHAELA on Yeah, doesn't even like you. But then Whitney decides to go up to Michaela and say hi, but obviously things are awkward. And then.
Speaker 1: She goes up and talks to Macy.
Speaker 2: I feel like, even discussing about this conversation, it's like they're talking about being halfway out of the doghouse.
Speaker 1: I don't even believe these two are friends. Okay, I don't understand why. Okay, So Whitney is really only friends with one person and it's Macy. But she doesn't show up at Macy's Baby Mama launch, but she shows up at Mikayla's birthday part? Is it a birthday party? The skating? Is it a birthday party? A birthday party?
Speaker 2: Is that she showed up to Mikayla's birthday party? Like have you seen that new movie smile those billboards? No, like with this face, like she was auditioning for like the lead role in serial killer movie.
Speaker 1: I was like, what is happening here?
Speaker 2: And it doesn't make any sense, Like why would you show up to Michayla's but not show up to your besties? And then it makes me really question this whole conversation, where about why are you supporting me?
Speaker 1: At Baby Mama.
Speaker 2: Launch, Macy asked, you know, why she's at the birthday party if she needs that separation, And in my opinion, she got a call from production and said, if you want to be on the show next year.
Speaker 1: You guys show up. Yeah, you got to show up to something right. I mean, she didn't go to Vegas. She doesn't go to You can't not go to group events and be a part of an ensemble cast. Is that I mean? Is that her thinking is like she's just gonna film in her kitchen with Connor.
Speaker 2: I mean, granted, they did give us pretty good content in that kitchen, but I think she's gonna have to be back in action next season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually showing up to stuff.
Speaker 2: But I mean we did talk about her a fair amount, considering she never filmed doing anything but crafts.
Speaker 1: That's how she's such the villain that she She just exudes it. You just can't help it. She doesn't even just show up anywhere, and she's the villain. She just handles it.
Speaker 2: Then we see Taylor filming herself on the way to the hospital. She's having contractions, so the baby's coming. Taylor and Dakota both seem very excited in these moments. They do seem like they have a love for each other. In this moment, we get to see Taylor and Dakota in the hospital room getting ready for the baby. We see Taylor push and then we see the newborn baby boy, Jesse and Demir hanging out and Jesse spills the news Jen is leaving mom Talk, which now we know is bullshit.
Speaker 1: Right because I've seen eight thousand videos with Jen and mom Talk content and Whitney. No one's leaving mom Talk. But I have a request for next season. Can you all stop threatening to leave mom Talk? Can we just let that storyline go because it's not going to happen. Nobody's leaving mom Talk. You're not doing it. Stop threatening it.
Speaker 2: But while we're on the topic of request regarding casting, can we please bring back Miranda. I would like Miranda to be on this season. She's on that was involved in the original scandal with Tailor.
Speaker 1: Oh you want the scandal? You want the scandal girls, not just as content makers. Yeah, they're the ones that originally started.
Speaker 2: I don't want b string mom Talk. I want the original mom talkers.
Speaker 1: I get it. I told you from the very beginning, I felt like this the first season was a bait and switch. They made it sound like it was the girls that were involved in the scandal. Then you start watching and you realize none of these women were involved in the scandal besides Taylor. That being said, I still appreciated I mean, it was still a good show.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not complaining that bad and I wouldn't be surprised if Demi was somehow involved.
Speaker 1: But AnyWho, I digress. We are back to.
Speaker 2: Hearing from Jesse, who really doesn't mind sharing her opinions. She says like, it seems like Zach is the one forcing Jen to leave, And now we're in New York City.
Speaker 1: With Jen and Zach.
Speaker 2: Zach is confident that Jen is going to like New York and she'll be happy, but Jen doesn't seem convinced. Zach tells her that mom talk isn't that significant and she won't be missing out. Zach, if mom talk is not that significant, why are you showing your face and filming your.
Speaker 1: Move to New York? What are you doing? You could just not show up like Whitney. Yeah, it works really well for her. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then Macy decides to make a phone call that could ruin some people's lives. Ooh, calls Jenna to confirm whether or not that confession was infer from her, and it was true. Jenna's ready to tell Macy everything.
Speaker 1: Bomb bomb bomb, and that's how we end. Season two is expected to premiere in the spring of twenty twenty five, filming has already begun. The question is is is Zach filming? Do you think? I feel like I really don't. I hate that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't have a gut inclination because I think when you're dealing with an alleged narcissistic personality, they could really do anything that they think is going to ultimately make them look good.
Speaker 1: And it's like those people that are true narcissists. And I won't name any names, but I'm sure you could figure out they just keep filming and keep saying things on camera because they don't have a grasp of what they're actually sound like and look like they keep thinking that they can repair it in some way.
Speaker 2: Right, is this person somebody that you've called a ding dong or a friend?
Speaker 1: I don't know. You can make whatever assumption you want, but do you know what I'm saying When someone discontinues to double down and triple down and quadruple down.
Speaker 2: Saying the same thing over and over again, like they're going to convince us into believing something.
Speaker 1: But they but they believe it. Do you think they believe it? I think they do. I think that's the problem.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm waiting with baited breath to find out when season two is coming. I feel like we may see Miranda. I feel like we're to see Jen. I bet we see something about Zach. But yeah, I think it's gonna be good.
Speaker 1: And I think also in housewife fashion, they they definitely have to bring on new women, like they'll have to keep the old, but they'll have to bring on new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need we need an additional and there's some that I feel like fell by the wayside. So they're either going to need to level up and we're gonna need more content from them, or they're going to need.
Speaker 1: To go like Mikayla and Layla.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was maybe it's because they have a similar name, just minus two letters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mikayla and Layla. See, we're gonna need more. We're gonna need a little more. We're gonna need a little more because we like we like you both. We just need more. Yeah, we can't just have this, we need.
Speaker 2: We at least need some like blurred out photos of the husband that you're getting a divorce from.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to say blurred out photos of nipples. I don't know why I thought you were going to say that, what do you think of me, Emily? I don't know, I don't know. Oh my gosh. Well, we love you guys.
Speaker 2: We love recapping these shows, and we'll keep you posted on what the next show is.
Speaker 1: We will be recapping, or let.
Speaker 2: Us know your special requests, because I feel like myself and Emily we could talk about a hole in the wall and yeah, it would be funny and entertaining, so let us know, let us know, all right, Thanks guys, Thank you, Bye,