Speaker 1: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter, and if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com by clicking submit Strawberry Letter, we could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now. You never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be yours, Ladies. Jimmy, it's time for the Strawberry Letter. My good friend Shirley Strawberry.
Speaker 1: Thank you, my good friend Junior, subject a near death experience each time. Dear Stephen, Shirley, I'm fifty six years old and I'm dating a forty nine year old man that I met on the bus. Back when the gas prices were out of control, I decided to take the city bus to work. I sat up front after I noticed the bus driver was handsome and he was not wearing a wedding ring. We started flirting, and after a few weeks I had him over for dinner. After a few more dinners together, we had sex at my place. After sex, he said he had to get back home before his wife started tripping. I was amazed at how ca asually he told me he was married. He explained that he's been married since he was twenty and he's staying for his son because he doesn't want his son to grow up without him. This man looked into my eyes as he told me everything, and I believed him. Since then, I have been having near death experiences whenever we try to spend time together. His wife knows about me, and she followed him over to my house. She's thrown eggs on my car. She sat outside and blew a horn all night. She's busted his windshield, and then she started getting physical with me. She charged at me one day when I was getting my mail, and I sprained my wrist when I fell. Another day, I was at the park with my sister and she threw rocks at us. She threw rocks at us. She jumped on me as I was leaving the drug store one day. She jumped on me as I was leaving the drug store one day and had to fight her off. It was the first fire of my life. We can't press charges on her because then everyone will be in our business. He swears that he is leaving when his son graduates in the spring, but I might be seriously hurt by her before then should I try to make peace with his wife? Or should I let this man go until he decides to divorce her? What do you want to lose your life? I mean, I can't even see why you aren't taking this more seriously. I just can't see that this woman is terrorizing you. Listen, says let this man go right now today, Okay, no questions, no nothing, just let him go. He's not worth you getting jumped on and possibly killed every day he's stringing you along. He's never going to leave her, and if he ever does leave her, the chances of him getting with you or slim to none. I mean, why should he leave her? You're giving him everything he needs and wants with nothing in return. I mean you get injuries, of course from his wife. I don't think no married man should be causing you to have near death experiences? What are you thinking? And this is not funny this man, this woman goes hard for her man. She's not giving him up without a fight, as you can clearly see. Uh, and he's still with her. But who who is going hard for you? You're not even going hard for yourself in this You're not you wrote us, Yeah, but you know you got to get out of this situation. You could really really get hurt seriously or die. You didn't even say that he's ever tried to stop his wife from jumping on you or talk to her about it. I mean, what does he do when you tell him what happened?
Speaker 2: Understand this? Do you do?
Speaker 1: You want to die? Because that's what could could could clearly happen here. Please leave this woman's husband alone. This is not going to end well for you.
Speaker 3: It's not Steve all right, let me just jump right on in here. You're getting you what's happening regular? I mean she just pull it in on your Yeah, this nit daily? This is daily, your tyler. Your letter is a near death experience every time you. She ain't playing with you. She is not playing with you. And what do you expect? You cannot be this stupid? You are fifty six years old? Fifty six? You ain't seen this movie. I heard of this movie before, failer trash. You ain't seen this thin line. You ain't seen nothing in all these movies? You what what indecent proposal? What you ain't seen none of this?
Speaker 2: What show? Noddy? Fifty six? Gas prices? Was how you riding the bus.
Speaker 3: You notice the bus driver handsome, I ain't got nowhere and ring on you sit up front. Start talking to it now, y'all flirting. You notice he didn't have a ring on her. He was you inviting him over for dinner. After several dinners, y'all now having sex at your house.
Speaker 2: Right after sex, this man.
Speaker 3: Said he had to go back home for his wife started tripping. Yo, dumb said, I was amazing at how he casual, how casually he told me he was married. Yeah, what at least he told you? And what was he What was supposed to be a big build up to it or something? He figured this as good as time as ity. You ain't never asked him before. But if you think I'm finished spend the night over here, you got to be out your mind. I got to get to the house, and he said, these are the key words.
Speaker 2: Just a whole letter.
Speaker 3: I got to get back home before my wife started tripping.
Speaker 2: He had no her, He no her. She find the trip. You ain't get the message. He explained to me.
Speaker 3: He been married since he was twenty, and he was staying for his sons because he don't want his son to grow.
Speaker 2: Up without it.
Speaker 3: Demand is forty nine. They've been married since they was twenty. They've been married twenty nine years.
Speaker 4: How old is boy graduating?
Speaker 3: For nine?
Speaker 2: Boy? He graduating in the spring from what college?
Speaker 1: I thought he copied twenty nine?
Speaker 4: His son.
Speaker 3: I promise you he's staying for his son. His son probably in college that way, graduating.
Speaker 2: From this spring getting a degree. How you getting a degree? You hang up? I'll rob hang on.
Speaker 1: We'll have part two of today's Strawberry Letter response from Steve at twenty three minutes after the hour. The subject is a near death experience each time. We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the challenge.
Speaker 4: The next time you clean your floors with a mopping bucket, put on a pair of your cleanest, whitest socks and walk across the room. Now look at the bottom of those socks.
Speaker 2: You see all that gray stuff.
Speaker 4: That's why so many people are making the switch to Swiffer power mop. Power mop pad has thousands of micro scrubbing dots that break down tough and lock away messes. Try swifter power mop white sock approves.
Speaker 1: All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is a near death experience each time.
Speaker 3: This nutty woman is fifty six years old, sitting up in here to met this bus driver because she was taking the city bus because gas prices got too high. She noticed he was handsome and they ain't have on no win in me. She started sitting up at the front flirting with him. Flirting got out of hand. She invited him over for dinner a few times. After a few dinners, they had sex at her place. After sex, he said he had to get back home for his wife's already tripping.
Speaker 2: Now this whole letter is based on that statement.
Speaker 3: Right there, I got to get out of here before my wife starting tripping.
Speaker 2: Warning that All that was warning right there.
Speaker 3: What did Joe take away was I was just amazed at how he casually he told me he was married. All these talks up at the bus, all them times y'all was having dinner at the house.
Speaker 2: Ain't the marriage ain't never come up?
Speaker 3: You're old, ain't bought up married to another grown man? He one year from being fifty. Marriage ain't never come up? Have you ever been married? Do you have children? While you available? How long you been driving the bus when the last time you've been in the relationship none of that.
Speaker 2: Oh, you must be out your nutty's mind.
Speaker 3: This man looked in my eyes and told me everything, and I believe it.
Speaker 2: He didn't lie.
Speaker 3: Since then, I been having near death expre whenever we try to spend time together. Why his wife knows about me? Oh, oh, you're talking about the want to be tripping. His wife knows about me. And she followed him over to my house. She thene threw eggs on my coll She just set out and blew her horn all night. She busted his windshield, and then she started getting physical with me. He told you, I got to go home before my wife start tripping. Now he's still over there. Now he done guided her to you. Here what she started getting physical with me? Listen to this raide She charged at me one day when I was getting my mail. What I sprained my arm when I failed? This helper the bull rushed you while Yolks was getting your mail. You turned around and tried to run, and Yo Saint ran in a while because you fifty six and you fail, and now you just sprained your wrists. I'm you didn't stopped there you're leaving some stuff out because when you fail, I know good and well. She stumped you, I know because this is hood girl right here. Ain't no way you failed, and she went on, got back in the car. You left something out of this hill letter right here. Another day, I was at the park with my sister and she threw rocks at us. Good thing she can't throw because you had knots all over your heads.
Speaker 2: This is crazy.
Speaker 3: Most women can't throw rocks. Y'all are not good rock throwers. So that's the only thing that saved you. But that half on.
Speaker 2: Show was she trying to crack your head wide over. She threw rocks at us.
Speaker 3: Then she jumped on me as I was leaving the drug stuke one day and I had to fight her off. It was the first fight of my life. Oh oh, you can't fight. You ain't never been in a fight before, and you fighting somebody that just whooping your at will you at the pard here at your house? She busting windshield. This half for got all kind of fight experience. She jumping on you at the mailbox, bo rushing you. She'd a whooped your coming out the drug stoke. You just you can't even get your jelly. You over there trying to buy some jelly and all this here. She mad at you because she saw what you was buying.
Speaker 2: At the count. Got me a little lubrication and all this here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, you get your twoop. Now you getting your twip, You and that jelly. You're gonna put your jelly on it as you gotta use that sab in a minute.
Speaker 2: She just beaten yo.
Speaker 3: Then she come talking about we can't press charges on her because then everybody be in our business. Everybody saw her when she jumped on your that mailbox. Who ain't in your business? Ain't nobody see this? Whooping that drug man? First of all, ain't no nobody see this here, lady.
Speaker 2: It's so many people in yall business. Ain't even funny.
Speaker 3: He swears that he's leaving her when his son's graduating the spring.
Speaker 2: From where what college? And then he say he leaving now.
Speaker 3: He's scared of her. You just told he just told you she be tripping. He not going nowhere, and let him leave for you. She know where you stay. You're gonna have to relocate you. But I might be seriously hurt by her before then. Oh yeah, I can tell you that right now. Oh, she will be doing on site. She'd have made up in her mind. Your people say all that on sight every time she sees you.
Speaker 1: On sight.
Speaker 2: This is a real pipping on site. Yep.
Speaker 3: Should I try to make peace with his wife? Or should I let this man go into he decides to divorce something?
Speaker 2: Make peace with who's suit her?
Speaker 4: And that?
Speaker 2: What is you finna do? You're finish? Get your white flag? He finish?
Speaker 3: Go over there waving in front of the house. What you gonna do? You gonna You're gonna write notes from the drug Snow? Should I let this man go until he decides to divorce her? You're fifty six years old. You can't figure this out. Let me hear need go take sheel some boxing lessens all I got for you.
Speaker 2: Get your to the karate class.
Speaker 3: If you don't get in karate or boxing, kickboxing something, at least learn how to kick.
Speaker 2: You gotta do something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't get into jujits so couse you're gonna have to grab but she gonna weigh.
Speaker 1: Your Leave your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter on the Instagram at Steve Harvey FM and check us out on the Strawberry Letter podcast on the Free iHeartRadio app where free never sounded so good.
Speaker 2: Let's Sup. It's DJ Cavit. Hey, what up. This is your boy Chris Broke. Hey, this is Keisha Cole gots people. This is Kirk Franklin. Hey, this is John Legend. And you're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.