Speaker 1: Let's get to Washington, DC, please, and the troubling headlines tied to Defense Secretary mister Pete Hegseth. In the wake of the signal chat controversy, heg Seth made moves to essentially close ranks around his senior staff. Top advisors Dan Caldwell was escorted from the Pentagon, and soon after Darren Selnick followed. That same day, nearly every single member of the Pentagon's Defense Digital Service announced they were resigning. As the week progressed. Again, we're talking about just one week. Last week, heg Seth quote unquote reassigned his chief of staff and then asked the Pentagon's former top spokesperson, John Elliott to resign. And just this weekend, two sources tell in NBC News that heg Sith used his personal phone to send information about US military operations in Yemen to a thirteen person signal group chat, including his wife and his brother. And according to the report, Hegseth did so after an aid warned him to be careful not to share sensitive information on an unsecured communication system before the Yemen operation. So here, just to help y'all out, here are just three moves from the past month that had many inside of Pentagon and around Washington questioning his leadership. It started with Signal Gate, where Hegseth tried to debunk the reporting through a vague denial that quote nobody was texting.
Speaker 2: War plans end quote.
Speaker 1: Then a Wall Street journal reported that Hegseth brought his wife, a former Fox News producer by the way, into two meetings with foreign military counterparts where sensitive information was discussed. And finally, the Pentagon set up a top secret briefing by the Joint chiefs of Staff on China for Elon Musk, who still has extensive business interest in China. According to the former top spokesperson John Elliott, the White House canceled that meeting after learning about it. Does this sound like competence to you? Thirteen person chat threat national security information? Having your wife and brother on that text chain, showing up to certain meetings with your wife?
Speaker 2: How that sound?
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, now see, I don't want to sit up there and get in the Pete hag set He served our country honorably.
Speaker 2: He was a weekend host on Fox News.
Speaker 1: All I ever said was, how do you go from a weekend host on Fox News to overseeing our national defense as Defense secretary, overseeing three and a half million people. How are you qualified to do that? How are you qualified to do that? That's all I ever said. I'm not wishing anything bad on him. I'm not wishing him to fail. Him failing is us failing as a nation, which endangers all of us when you're the secretary of Defense. I'm feeling you on that. I got that part. What I'm saying is more importantly than anything else. It puts us in a position where we've got to question Donald Trump, the President of the United States. I'm gonna hire the best I'm gonna have the best staff, the most elite people working for me, the most qualified people working for me. They're gonna be better than anybody you've ever seen in the American history. All of this other stuff, what about that? See your fealty and your loyalty to the President of the United States, how you want to deify him, as questionable as that may be, if not flat out pathetic in the eyes of others.
Speaker 2: Really is not the point. The point is why.
Speaker 1: Does your loyalty or feeling towards him extend to such a degree that we want to put on blinders when it comes to people.
Speaker 2: When he ain't hav in his cabinet, it's a fair question.
Speaker 1: When the plane collided with the helicopter and lives were lost, God rest their wonderful souls in that crash months ago, the first words out of trump mouth was to blame DEI diversity equity and inclusion. Well, sir, mister president, do you have any evidence of that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, I had to go on national TV and say, DEEI really should stand for it. Didn't earn it as a force of diversity, equity and inclusion. But when you look at what's transpiring right now, particularly as it pertains to our security in this country or for this country, there's a reason to be alarmed. Why do I say that, because the hits keep on coming for President Trump's cabinet. Est yesterday, Homeland Security Secretary Christy Nolan had a.
Speaker 2: Perse stolen at a restaurant in DC.
Speaker 1: Inside the purse was a passport, a driver's license, and government access badge, three thousand dollars in cash.
Speaker 2: And blank checks, according to the reports.
Speaker 1: According to USA Today, specifically, the Secret Services launched an investigation to trace any use of her financial assets. Ladies and gentlemen, pause for a second, pretty.
Speaker 2: Please sugar on top.
Speaker 1: One dude is the Secretary of Defense making these mistakes. And I had a Homeland Security just got robbed, pickpocketed that not even pickpocket. They stole a purse, secret service around the people like that. They still stole a purse. How hell I happened? Protecting the country, you can't protect yourself from some of the most basically rudimentary things that you should be able to avoid letting happen. By the way, this comes from the same cabinet. I mean, have you seen Pete hagk Seth speak.
Speaker 2: In the past.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when the whole email scandal involving Hillary Clinton that a lot of people on the left believe course to the election because a week before a week or two before the election, James Comey, then the head of the FBI, decide to announce that there was an investigation into emails that Hillary Clinton was using on a private server, thereby threatening national security in the eyes of critics who wanted to take her down. Well, guess what, Pete hegg saith the same Pete hagik Seths that we're talking about. Saint Pete Hegg sath that got his wife and his brother in text change with national security information. That Pete heik seth, Ladies and gentlemen, I want to rewind the clock by nine years when the whole Hillary Clinton thing was going down, right prior to the election, lessen of Pete Hagk say talk about Hillary Clinton at that particular moment in time. This is Pete Haikseth, and we are quoting any security professional, military, government or otherwise would be fired on the spot and criminally prosecuted for being so reckless with this kind of information.
Speaker 2: Say what, say what? Say what? He actually said that, Yes he did, Yes he did. He most certainly said that. Put that quarter piece saying, Hank set up there again. Please put up on that full screet gain. I need that RDY to see it. Because this man who is.
Speaker 1: The Defense Secretary for the United States of America, who.
Speaker 2: Got busted.
Speaker 1: Exchanging information of national security importance about the Hoodies and Yemen ultimately scheduled to be bombed, that same dude set down about Hillary Rodal Clinton. Any security professional, military, government or otherwise, We'll be fired on the spot and criminally prosecuted for being so reckless with this kind of information.
Speaker 2: So that doesn't apply to you, now, huh sir, not at all. I mean you just completely insident on this.
Speaker 1: And now you've got Homeland Security secretary getting her persnatched. So we got the Apartment of Defense and Homeland Security being compromised on personal levels involving security matters, and that too, Donald Trump is telling us the trust without national security. Remember what Trump said about Hillary Rodham Clinton. This is gonna take a minute. Listen to the forty seventh president of the United States, who he is now, when he was in route to becoming a forty fifth president of the United States, competing with Hillary Rodham Clinton for the election at twenty sixteen. Take a look at Trump and what his positions were. Let us listen, please.
Speaker 3: I think the one that you should really be apologizing for, and the thing that you should be apologizing for, are the thirty three thousand emails that you deleted and that you acid washed, and then the two boxes of emails and other things last week that were taken from an office and are now missing.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: I didn't think i'd say this, but I'm going to say it. And I hate to say it, but if I win I am going to instruct my Attorney General to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there has never been so many lies, so much deception, there has never been anything like it, and we're going to have a special prosecutor. When I speak, I go out and speak. The people of this country are furious. In my opinion, the people that have been long term workers at the FBI are furious. There has never been anything like this where emails and you get a subpoena, you get a subpoena, and after getting the subpoena, you delete thirty three thousand emails and then you asked it washam or bleach them, as you would say. A very expensive process. So we're going to get a special prosecutor and we're going to look into it, because you know what people have been Their lives have been destroyed for doing one fifth of what you've done. And it's a disgrace, and honestly, you ought to be ashamed.
Speaker 1: Of yourself, needless to say, Hillary Rodham. Clinton followed that up immediately by calling that a bunch of lives, encouraging folks to fact check her, claiming that it was a complete fabrication.
Speaker 2: Etc.
Speaker 1: And that was the same moment where she was saying, she said, thank goodness, somebody like him is not our commander in chief and overseeing law enforcement in this country. And that was when Trump said, yeah, because you'd be in jail. So that was the same you know back and forth that happened in twenty sixteen. I only bring that up because since Trump is about law and order, since he is about competence, since he is about transparency, since he is about all of these things.
Speaker 2: What's up with your peeps?
Speaker 1: What's up with you know, Christy Nolas it's not a fireable offense. You're looking at the Secret Service. How you let somebody snatch your pocketbook. But in the case of Pete hegseth to find out that his wife and his brother no national security clearance, there was a part of these these communications, and you've got national security folks appalled by that. Something has to be said about that, Something has to be done about that. Now a White House is calling it fake news, these reports, that's saying they're looking to replace him. According to everybody that I've spoken to, because I've cultivated a few sources in Washington over the past few months.
Speaker 2: Of course, they say that, you know, knowing Trump.
Speaker 1: He'll probably stick with Pete hagg Seth just because the national media is trying to compel him to let him go, and Trump doesn't want to ever be seen as somebody who caves in to such pressure. Nevertheless, that is the situation right now. There are numerous reports and pr came out with something. White House called it fake news, CNN said something, others have said something in regards to Pete haig Seth maybe approaching his final days as the Secretary of Defense for the United States. The White House says, no, that's not the situation. We'll see who's right, who's telling the truth, who wrong. We will find out. But what's undeniable and undebatable is that at this moment in time, the inexperience of Pete Hagk's at this show. And that's all I've been saying. You know, to go from a weekend host on Fox News to be in the Secretary of Defense for the United States of America.
Speaker 2: Is a bit extreme of a push.
Speaker 1: And when you're willing to do something like that, you don't get to turn to everybody else and talk about DEI being a problem. You know, you're supposed to be, especially you're the president of the United States, you're supposed to be making sure that people in these positions.
Speaker 2: Are qualified to do the job. That should be a priority just as much.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say more, because loyalty to the president does matter. You have to have people in your cabinet that you can trust, so I'm not going to dismiss that. But equally as important is their competence and their professionalism and their integrity. And right now people believe they've got a question. Look at Pete Hegseth and question all of that. And in terms of your Homeland Security secretary and your Secretary of Defense both being embroiled in security issues, that doesn't seem like the President of the United.
Speaker 2: States has picked has picked the very best and the very finest for the jobs. It's all I'm saying. It's all I'm saying.