Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tory Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast. Hi my friend, what's up, miss Spelling?
Speaker 2: Hi, mister Lasher.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, the youngest looking not so young guy in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: You never age. It's just not fair.
Speaker 1: I think we both have that going for us, right, That's uh, that's at least one thing.
Speaker 2: It would be.
Speaker 1: We got that.
Speaker 2: Two of the nicest people in the business.
Speaker 1: H I agree for you about you for sure. I miss you and it's so good to see you.
Speaker 3: I miss you too. Oh my gosh. I always wanted to think that we broke your nineties, Cherry, but we didn't. We just filled in Beverly Hills nine O two one.
Speaker 1: Oh, Like, well, I had done the show Hey Dude for Nickelodeon, right, and then I came.
Speaker 3: Out, which actually went from eighties into nineties. Was that eighty nine that started?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I started eighty nine to like ninety one or two. But then you know, I did a bunch of guestshows on Yeah. I think I did every show you know it was on the air. Yeah. But then when I went in to read for Blossom, she and jenevan Oi were like giggling, and like I was like, what's what's going on? And it turns out they were huge nine O two to one oh fans and had seen my episode from that. I think I got blossomed because.
Speaker 2: Of nine to two and Oho, okay, you're welcome then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I remember I had done a show for your dad called Jack of Hearts in Las Vegas, and the show got canceled, and then he brought me in to read for nine O two one oh, and he gave me that really great role, and I just remember having the best time with you guys, and it was like I felt like I had made it being on nine O two one zero. You played Kyle, Yeah, Kyle, which is.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, who ended up coming out.
Speaker 1: Right back at a time where it wasn't like common to do a storyline like that.
Speaker 3: No, not at all, And you were on wait many seasons, right, I feel like your character kept coming back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And he supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be Kelly's love interest, but then I.
Speaker 1: Was Kelly's love interest who turned out that he thinks he might be gay, right, which was a very bold episode. And then the next one I believe, I mean, Kyle was also a football player, and I was giving everybody steroids on the team. Oh, that's right, and Jason was trying to uncover the story for the paper. Yeah, for the paper, I don't. Yeah, gosh, your episodes a lot of them had serious, like serious issues behind them.
Speaker 3: I know. I feel like we were ahead of our time because we never got the accolades of like doing anything like hard hitting, which is kind of like a spelling trait, I think because my dad like notoriously was known historically known for doing quote unquote jiggle TV. But it's like he did some pretty groundbreaking stuff that was kind of never it was just kind of passed over. And I know two and zero kind of fell into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean, who cares about accolades. You had the biggest, hottest show I think I've ever seen. I mean it was like it's you were rock stars. Like when I was on that show that that first summer, it blew up like nothing I'd ever seen on TV.
Speaker 3: Right when you came on, that's when it first took off. Because we didn't do great the first season. Right, if that show was on now, they would have canceled us like one season and they're not doing great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but you had that your dad had that really an idea of airing new episodes during the summer when everyone else was in reruns, right right then, Yep, it took off. It took off.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: And then I got to say, your dad really looked out for me, you know, not only Jack of Hearts. He got me nine to two and zero, and then he got me a couple of TV movies. He knew this, he knew the producers and just recommended me for them. And I remember when we were in Vegas playing craps and I was only eighteen and we were living at Caesar's Palace. But your dad somehow got them to let me play craps and he said, you're a nice Jewish boy. I think I should set you up with my daughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And what happened with that, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's maybe why he got me nine on one, Oh, so we could meet.
Speaker 3: It's so funny because guys always said over the years, like, oh, can't eat the boss's daughter. But my dad actually the connotation of actors. He felt safe with that, even though most Hollywood like young actors. He shouldn't have felt safe with with this daughter being with but he didn't understand.
Speaker 2: It that way.
Speaker 3: He was like, well, at least I can monitor it. And so he was always like wanting guys to date me, but they were always like, oh god, no, I can't date the boss's daughter.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's why would you have date?
Speaker 2: Would you have dated me back then?
Speaker 1: I would have? Of course I was single, you were single, different lifetime, missed opportunity.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I think we're too nice for each other. I think we would have canceled each other out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two nice people can't be together. One has to have an edge.
Speaker 2: Right, I have a mouth on me?
Speaker 1: You don't?
Speaker 3: WHOA that came out totally wrong. Yeah, I'm like the nice girl who wants to be bad or has a bad side, but not like a bad side.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you ever get do you ever lose your temper?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Not really?
Speaker 1: Not really, yeah I do. I'm like, I'm like a real tourus, like a sleeping boat, like nothing will bother me, nothing will bother me, and then if it, if someone just pushes me the wrong way, I explode.
Speaker 2: Waitt, I'm like that too. How did I not know you were a tourus? Waat what?
Speaker 1: April twenty seven?
Speaker 2: April twenty seven and my dad was a Torus.
Speaker 1: And you are as well.
Speaker 3: I am as well. Yeah, well but you know what you're right about that I take it and I take it and I take it and then when I'm done, I am done.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's how I am.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, No.
Speaker 3: My kids are always shocked, Like if I do ever freak out, they're like, oh God, something is wrong because you can walk all over me. And then like I when I've had enough, it's yeah.
Speaker 1: How are your kids?
Speaker 2: How are they?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You have a lot of kids, right, I have a.
Speaker 2: Lot of kids. I have five kids?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Have three?
Speaker 1: I have three? Yeah, but I mean that's amazing. How old are they?
Speaker 2: Seventeen, sixteen, thirteen, twelve and seven?
Speaker 1: Wow? Okay you have a seven year old?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I started all over again.
Speaker 1: So you're still in like the carpool lane drop off pick up?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm the uber driver.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you this. I miss those days I have. My daughter Hannah is graduating Tulane in May. She's twenty one. My son casey As is at UT Austin as a sophomore. And then Chelsea, my daughter is in ninth grade. She's fifteen.
Speaker 2: We all know Chelsea. She's very famous.
Speaker 1: Yet it's unbelievable, Like that is wild. Yeah, she's a big yeah what do you call it? Yeah, she's a creator TikTok and YouTube.
Speaker 3: And you were saying before we started today, you were saying that she doesn't have that much interest, Like you know.
Speaker 1: When you start ninth grade, you know, you're embarrassed by everything, like every you know, her friend, you know, what are my friends going to think? And this and that, and like you know, she loves to do like getting ready with me and do her own stuff. But like if if a brand asks her to do, you know, like she has a brand deal with a company called block Blast. It's like a big kids play this. It's like a game on the iPhone. Oh yes, So she has to do a video every month and they'll tell her the theme, like if it's October, she has to do a Halloween video and she loves she plays block Blast every day. But she when we're writing the script, she's like, I can't do that. I can't do that. And she passes on a lot of stuff because she just she's nine. She's a fifteen year old. You know.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, well, so are you a dadager?
Speaker 1: No, my god, I tell her, you do whatever you want. But when it comes to if I have to film something for her, yeah, they'll they'll ask us, you know, come up with a Halloween theme, something scary, So I'll she and I will write something something that she thinks is cool at least semi cool, and then I'll film it. And if she doesn't want this one, she has to do because she committed to it. But if a Branda offers her something she doesn't want to do it, she doesn't do it. And she actually like gets offered, She gets offered auditions for things that they really want her for, like Disney's really trying to find something for her. She's like, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Now when I said, dadager, you had a negative connotation to that.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Tori, you why you've missed.
Speaker 3: But I'm thinking more in terms of like just the kid wants to do it, and you're I mean, I don't know, not like not like what would we call it, Like back in the day.
Speaker 1: I would call it like a stage.
Speaker 2: Mom, stage mom.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, And I've seen that is a negative connotation to me. I mean I've directed things where we're holding auditions and I see the parents you know in the waiting room and what they're saying to their kids, you know, yeah, but they.
Speaker 2: Are selling fear in them if they don't go do it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, a little pushy and you can tell the kid might not be that into it. But no, that's a stereotype. And there are great parents that support their kids in the arts, which I do with Chelsea. But if she doesn't want to do something, which most of the time she doesn't, I'm not pushing her.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wouldn't mind being Chris Jenner.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Well, yeah, Chris has turned it into an empire and those her daughters seem to have benefited and enjoy.
Speaker 3: It, right, Yeah, exactly, So that's what I connected to more so, well, Chelsea could have a pink Jet.
Speaker 2: She could be Kylie, so she better get on these vo for them.
Speaker 1: You could be Kylie. Are any of your kids into entertainment?
Speaker 3: Yes and no, Like they kind of want to do it, but I don't know if they want to do it because I'm in it because it's kind of the same thing.
Speaker 2: Like my daughter Stella.
Speaker 3: She does great makeup and she's a baker and she does all this stuff. So if I connect her with people like they always want to work with her, and then she doesn't want to execute it.
Speaker 2: She's like, I don't have time.
Speaker 3: She's like, yeah, she's a junior, so it's sixteen's it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all about their friends and parties and they and they do have a lot of schoolwork. I don't know how. I don't know how kids that have big careers in entertainment manage it all. I mean my regular kid with sport, you know, Chelsea plays tennis. She's got tons of schoolwork in ninth grade. She's got her friends parties on weekends. Like, how does a kid do manage all that?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, oh the parties on weekends. Wait can talk about this for a second because I'm Estella, like was like a late bloomer. So it's just like this year she's really found her friend group and now she's going to parties on the weekend, and now I have to track her.
Speaker 1: Oh with what's it called my wife? Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh so your wife does it?
Speaker 1: Oh she's got I think she has me on it. Yeah right, she's tracking everyone. Yeah, but definitely all the kids, even like Hannah in New Orleans. She'll be like, right, home. It's three in the morning.
Speaker 3: You see everything fun, it's brilliant, but not brilliant and now being you know, now getting a divorce and I'm a single mom, Like my ex doesn't really have to deal with that part. And he'll be like texting me like, oh, you know, get a good night's sleep. I'm like a good night's sleep. Its Saturday night. I have two teens at parties, like I'm tracking people everywhere, like.
Speaker 1: No, and you have to stay up till they get home, right, yes?
Speaker 3: And I don't want to be that like overbearing mom, Like I'm kind of the cool mom, so I got to keep that. And so they think I'm a cool mom and tell me everything. But I'll be like, uh, why is your phone moving? You said you were staying at this one house. Why are you suddenly here and not there? And it's like how quick you know? I remember being that age. Thank god my parents can track me.
Speaker 1: What if one of your kids said, I want to have a party, but you can't be.
Speaker 2: Here, like at my house.
Speaker 1: At your house, I want to have to I want to have a party at our house, but you can't be here.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: I know it's a tough one because I see what happens with the parties they have here and I am here what goes on?
Speaker 1: Like it's like right and like you say it, God forbid someone fell in the pool or you know, got hurt or you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Yeah, no, you got to give.
Speaker 1: Them their space, but like not put any anyone in danger.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah? Absolutely, Oh my god. Okay, can we wait? Can we go back to Blossom?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, So you said Miam and Jenna were giggling because they knew you from Beverly Hills nine o two and oh and then you got Blossom And.
Speaker 2: Are they ever going to do reboot a Blossom?
Speaker 1: Wow? Well I will. I think I can say this because Miam said it on our podcast. Yes, spoculation. Well no, I'll tell you. I'll tell you exactly where we are. Don Rio, our original creator, and Miam wrote a great script. That's so funny. Man, I just got an Instagram message mayam biologist started a video just now.
Speaker 2: It's not funny how time we work here?
Speaker 1: It really is so Donn and Miam wrote a really great script. But it's a single camera. It's not like the sitcom it was, but it's a reimagined Blossom where these characters are now as adults, and Disney owns Blossom, so they had to get Disney on board. Disney said, yes, we want to do it, and they both called the whole cast and said, I think we're going to go. And then Disney Disney Television merged with twenty century Fox Television. Right, So then Maam said she got the whole cast on a zoom and said, we were about to go, but now we have to get twenty century Fox on board. So can the whole cast come in to a meeting with the head of Fox, the head of Fox Television, and let's try and get this made. So we all did that like a few weeks ago, and we're waiting to hear. But if they're you know, if we if we did our job and Miam thought it went really well, so did Don, then we'll do it. If not, we won't.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you guys have to, I know, just.
Speaker 1: To show you how hard it is to get something made right now. You know, Miam has four Emmy nominations from the Big Bang Theory, you know, the biggest hitcom in the last ten years. Don Rio was running The Two and a Half Men. I mean, they're both powerhouses, and it's this hard for them to get a a reboot of, you know, an iconic show. It's not like a risky thing, right, It's crazy to me.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 3: Well if, no, not if, when it goes, will you put in a good word for me so that I could be on an episode?
Speaker 2: I was on an episode of Blossom.
Speaker 1: Oh no way, yep? Who did you? What did you play?
Speaker 2: I played.
Speaker 3: When I played Joey's like a dream sequence on the Tonight Show and like his like fantasy girl.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's great. It's a good it was a good group. And yes, oh my god, I'm sure they'd love to have you on. That would be fun.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Okay, when you look at your credits, you are the nineties guy, Like, no one did it better than you.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's why I have a podcast called Hey Dude, the Nineties Golf and True. Christine Taylor also is pretty heavy hit her in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I love your podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you, big fan.
Speaker 3: But I couldn't find anything scandalous on you. You were like the iconic boy from the nineties, But there was like.
Speaker 1: I couldn't like, who did you date?
Speaker 2: Did you date someone on any of those shows?
Speaker 1: Christine Taylor was my first and my first co star. Yeah. We were i mean for like two or three years.
Speaker 2: Oh, so she kind of took you out of the running when you were on other shows.
Speaker 1: No, on other shows. Yeah, I don't want to get into that. I mean I never dated anyone but hookups. Yeah. I never dated anyone that was famous. But yeah, you know, set, little little set romances. Yeah, there were a lot of those, Like what can you share one? God? No, I mean, wouldn't that be wrong to.
Speaker 2: To kiss and tell? Everyone? Does it in Hollywood?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well there was no one on our set. No, they all flirted with you.
Speaker 2: You didn't go out with any of us.
Speaker 3: No, but you all have No, my dad gave you the Okay, I'm still mad at that.
Speaker 1: No, you had a boyfriend at the time. I'm pretty sure, and so did Jenny right. Remember Yeah she was married.
Speaker 2: To Jen was always married. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that big dude Dan.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, her first husband.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But no, I uh, okay, I dated a girl named Andrea Roth. Yes, who actually, Oh my god, this is so funny. She was in Jack of Hearts. That's where I met her. Oh after Christine, she was a girl I just really really fell for. So Andrea played Dennis Leary's wife on Rescue Me, and then she did a big Marvel show and she's she's just she's an amazing actress.
Speaker 2: Wait, I think I know her.
Speaker 1: She's awesome. But she's one that, like I was on and off with for a while. I just I really really liked her.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that was what you met her on Jack of Hearts and then she was on one.
Speaker 1: She was on Rescue Me for years. But with you, oh no, no, you just kept became really good friends and then had like a little thing for a while. But you asked me what actresses I.
Speaker 3: Know, I have no interest in that. Here's here's what I'm asking about. Like, okay, full house.
Speaker 1: No, but Candice and I became really good friends. We ended up doing a movie together in Vancouver. And she's still just like a good friend of mine.
Speaker 2: She's great.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want me.
Speaker 1: To say I dated one of the Olsen twins, did you?
Speaker 2: I'd freak out right now, I'd be arrested. Oh, I forget about the age thing.
Speaker 1: They were like they were like six years old.
Speaker 3: Oh I just met like now because they're super chic. Okay anyway, okay, uh wait, okay, oh my god, I used to love you and stuff by step That's what I used to love.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, uh, Stacy and Christine have a really cool podcast that I went on.
Speaker 2: Cracy never like never thought about dating her.
Speaker 1: No, nope, never dated them.
Speaker 2: I mean I married one, mister Lasher. I'm gonna keep going, maybe something.
Speaker 1: Merry when I was twenty three, so I didn't have a lot.
Speaker 3: Of right Christie you had and then you were with Christine before. Okay, okay, this is all making sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean listen, I when I was twenty three, I had definitely explored some of them were actresses, but I never dated anyone other than Andrea. And then I met you know, Christine, then Andrea, then I met my wife. Okay, yeah, I was young. What about you?
Speaker 2: I mean, what about me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I really didn't.
Speaker 3: I was always in these like bad relationships when I was young, like wanting looking back, I'm like, oh god, I wish I had been more free and like, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: How did you meet Dean? Did you? Guys? Work on a movie.
Speaker 2: We did a TV movie together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, there you go, and you got married and you have kids.
Speaker 3: That's right, so that maybe the next movie I work on your next husband. Okay, So okay, let's not talk about your love life. Let's let's talk about mine. So you're still friends with people from the nineties that you did so many shows with movies and everything. So are there any nineties men that are now single again that you would want to set me up with?
Speaker 2: Let me that's a good question, right that?
Speaker 3: Because people love nostalgia and in real life as well, so that could.
Speaker 2: Be a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What about a.
Speaker 2: Good TV show?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know who's single or not.
Speaker 3: I'm just your nineties finds miss nineties love. That could be a TV show, David.
Speaker 1: Let me finding me love. Let me scroll through the Hey, dude, the nineties called Great guest List, And I just don't know who's single.
Speaker 2: We can find out, we can google them.
Speaker 1: That's great thing. What about Gavin Rosdale? Okay, he's super cool. I don't know if he's married. Handsome, really handsome.
Speaker 2: Uh and if you squint real hard, I look like Gwen.
Speaker 1: So yeah, some of these I can't I can't. But you wouldn't date Corey Feldman, would you.
Speaker 2: I think he's great, but no.
Speaker 1: Who's Oh yes, yeah, he might be single. He did not. He didn't talk about a wife at all on our podcast. He talked about a lot of stuff. But he looks great. He's like ripped. Let's keep He's a great guy.
Speaker 3: I knew him through Luke And this is weird you bring this up. But I slid into his d M last week.
Speaker 2: Whoa he didn't respond to me, David, can you say something?
Speaker 1: I could have Lorraine say something. I think she's the contact for him.
Speaker 2: You are Lorraine?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, baby, she definitely booked it. She booked him.
Speaker 2: I've always had a crush on.
Speaker 1: What about Joey mcint Joey's probably he's married. Yeah. What about one of the Nelson brothers. I mean there's two of them. I know, one of those interchangeable.
Speaker 3: I know I took my dad set me up with one of them, and I took one of them to like my homecoming in like eleventh grade.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. So you're yeah, you're already all over this or you dated everybody?
Speaker 2: I didn't date anyone.
Speaker 1: Well, you take him to the prom or you're in I forgot DM you already know. Hold On, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Looking calling me a floozy.
Speaker 1: No, never, you're a You're a soccer mom. If anything. What about there you That's a good thing. That's the most important role in the world. What about this guy? What about Jamie Kennedy? What about David Falstino. Jamie Kennedy's will keep you laughing for sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah he has kept me laughing for thirty years.
Speaker 1: But no, David Fostino, I can't really see that. No. What about this guy is cool? Chris Kirkpatrick from.
Speaker 2: Uh Backstreet Boys?
Speaker 1: I think he started in sync. No, no good, just going, uh keep going? Oh, this guy's cool. I don't know if he's married. Jeff Timmins from ninety eight degrees had ripped. It was him and Nick Lache in this band ninety eight degrees. Who's this guy? Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh oh?
Speaker 1: I think Scott is gotta what Scott grinds the coolest, most talented dude I've ever met.
Speaker 3: I know him very well from back in the day. He sent my dates a friend of mine.
Speaker 1: So no, okay, okay, Oh no, he's gay. Hold On, I'm not doubting we're talking about Dan, let's just say DS talented writer. What about what about this guy? What's his name from? Michael Stoyer? No, the Pod the Pod Pod meets World dude. No, he's he's very happily married. That's Will Wilfredell happily married. Yeah. Yeah, yeah. Uh, Kevin Connolly, I think you single? Connolly?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've seen no right him do too much?
Speaker 1: I'm not what about no? Okay, sorry, let me let me think about it. I'll get back to you.
Speaker 2: You know what I love. I love that you.
Speaker 3: You took that role on very seriously, like you were, you went, you went deep.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not I'm not good at it, but it's fun. It's fun to try and set people up. I have people outside the entertainment industry that I could think of, but it's hard to set people up. You know. It's like, I don't have a lot of people that I would set you up with because I think you're awesome, and a lot of guys are not ready for that, or they're not you know, they're not the best, they're not as good, good enough for you.
Speaker 2: Basically, thank you, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I have five kids. It's gonna it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Yeah, that's a lot to sign up for. But I know, no, you know what you need, and you need someone who has kids that gets it.
Speaker 2: I think that might be the only way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's daunting, No, because you'd be like the Brady Bunch, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm saying it's daunting if you don't have kids.
Speaker 1: A single guy to walk into a relationship with you is a whole thing. But some guys love it, Like I know single guys. I know guys without kids that date that date single moms and it goes really well and they end up loving the kids and it becomes a really great thing. So anything's possible, it's true.
Speaker 3: Should I consider someone not in the industry, Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm worried they wouldn't understand all that goes with it.
Speaker 1: Well, they'll learn and they'll either understand quickly or it won't work. But wouldn't you want a guy who like, has his own career whatever it may be business or you know, something outside of entertainment, but he has his own life and the two of you have your life together, and you have your whole thing.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds amazing. Yeah, all right, manifested for me.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll try. I'll make a list.
Speaker 3: Okay, out of all the ninety shows you were on, what was the most got?
Speaker 2: It was everyone you were.
Speaker 3: Everybody was so young at the time, Like, was there ever a cast that was like the most dramatic.
Speaker 1: The most true? Are you just like juice? Yeah? You want gossip?
Speaker 2: How download s?
Speaker 1: David?
Speaker 3: I really just want to sit here and ask and pick your brain about guys to send me up with.
Speaker 1: But I will say I'll tell you the cast where I had the most fun was the Sabrina cast. Yeah. It was like a complete family. We were together every weekend. Melissa Hart's mom, Paula, who is the EP of the show, had this great house on vallely Vista, and she would have like game nights on Saturday, throw parties and everyone would go. Even my friends that like all of my friends outside of entertainment were welcome at her house all the time. And we had so much fun on that shows. I don't know what oh oh wait a second, yeah, I can't tell you. Oh all right, but he's gonna like really be bad for them.
Speaker 3: You don't have to say who it is, and then since I've watched all your shows, I can try to try to piece together.
Speaker 1: No, you won't get this show because I only did one episode. It was a good episode. Life goes on, I'll tell you this. No, it was. It was starring Melissa, Joanhrt, and Joey Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Yes, Melissa, Joey.
Speaker 1: Melissa and Joey. I came on to do a really cool episode. No, I did. I think I did two or three. I played Joey. I played Joey's like bad influence friends, the single guy who's still parties when he's in a relationship with Melissa. So Melissa hates my character because I'm a bad influence on Joey.
Speaker 2: Were you already a horror film?
Speaker 1: Oh no, but I've done movies like murder suspense type stuff, but you're.
Speaker 3: Never like the serial killer, like the no Noodn't that be great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd love you.
Speaker 2: Always play the nice guy.
Speaker 1: I always do play the nice to listen, Joey. That was it? Oh yeah, listen, jo I played a real like womanizing, drinking douchebag.
Speaker 2: Right, which is so on you I know, right?
Speaker 1: But yeah, have you ever played like a really mean dangerous person.
Speaker 3: Not really, No, Like I did one TV movie where I was like the Bitch, which was hard for me because it was like so different, but I loved it. But yeah, see that would have been a no brainer in the nineties, I would have put you as like I would have put you in screens like the Killer because no one would have seen it.
Speaker 1: Come, well, you and I, we should write a script where we're both you know, Bonnie and Clyde killers. Yes, and then you got it. Sometimes you got to write your own stuff always.
Speaker 2: That's the story in my life.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you are a self starter. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: See I just put Torrian story there.
Speaker 1: You rhyme? You can rap? I can't rap?
Speaker 2: Can you rap? Can you freestyle?
Speaker 1: David?
Speaker 2: Last year?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even try. I can do some good karaoke though, Oh god, I will sing the hell out of Sweet Caroline. I'll get a whole room of people up singing bo bo b.
Speaker 2: I've done it, no doubt.
Speaker 1: You have.
Speaker 3: Gosh, what like what would be against your comfort zone to get you up and do a karaoke.
Speaker 2: Like what song?
Speaker 1: I just did it? Listen? We uh are we just freestyling here? We can just talk about whatever we want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Uh, there was a narrative.
Speaker 1: No, I'll tell you the last time I did carry Okay, there was there. You know these conventions like nineties Con. Yeah, this con and that con. So these people put together something called splat Con and it was all these all the all the Nickelodeon actors from years and years all signed on right, and it was at the La Convention Center, and everybody flew in. I didn't have to fly in because I'd live in LA, but the entire hey Dude cast flew in. And the night before the convention, Uh, they told everyone it's canceled.
Speaker 2: What why?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it became like a fire festival. And from what I hear in this is speculation. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but the people that put it on, I think escaped with all the ticket money.
Speaker 3: Wait, I've had this done to me where. Oh it was in Chicago and it was like a nineties thing again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they got canceled.
Speaker 2: Oh, it didn't get canceled.
Speaker 1: We went.
Speaker 3: I was pregnant with bo at the time, who's seven, And we went and they had all different casts and it was like the first time the nine two and Ozero cast was at one of these nineties things and they never paid us.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, your whole cast was there and they didn't pay you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, they paid.
Speaker 3: Like this is just when like I had never done a convention before and Jen had never done one. We were like newbies, were like, we don't know what to do. We didn't know you're supposed to ask for like a guarantee or or money put into escrow.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't know about any of this.
Speaker 3: So some of the guys on the cast had been doing these things and they knew what.
Speaker 1: To what to do.
Speaker 3: So we were just waiting to be paid afterwards, and they filed for bankruptcy days afterwards. But it it was like all it was like all at once everyone realized that they weren't going to get their money, and like there was a money room with people literally counting money, and Jenny and Gabrielle and I went in there to get money because everybody at the same time realized we're not getting paid. So it was like there were like TV stars, there were like music started that people.
Speaker 2: Were rushing to this room to be like grab the money. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, was there a lawsuit.
Speaker 3: No, they just filed from BAK. They filed for bankruptcy.
Speaker 1: Nineties Con is beautifully run by a company.
Speaker 2: We love nineties Con.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, are you going to the one in March? Uh? No? No, I did the last one in March. But I was gonna say, oh, so this flat con gets canceled. No one knows what's going on. People flew in from all over the country. And these people escaped with the money. I think I got a little bit upfront. Whatever the point is, all these fans of Nickelodeon shows were suddenly in LA and the night before they had to find out, like on an Instagram post. Please don't you know it's canceled? And so what who put it together? I don't know. Some of the Nickelodeon stars rented out some bar like in Burbank and put on Instagram. All all of us put on Instagram. Come down at nine o'clock, all of us are going to be there to hang out, meet you, take pictures. And they had a karaoke there and there was like tons of people came and.
Speaker 2: The squirrels awesome that did that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we felt so big. I know. Imagine if you like paid one thousand dollars for photo ops and tickets to the convention for Saturday and Sunday. And then it's called off and you're not getting your money back and you've played for flights and hotels.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, so so everyone came down. And then Natanya Ross you know her, Natanya.
Speaker 2: I don't think I do.
Speaker 1: She was Alex. She was Alex Mack, The Secret Life of Alex Mack, some big Nickelodeon show back. Then she and I sang, I want it that way by new Kids.
Speaker 2: I'd watched that. I want to see that.
Speaker 1: It's some I think she posted on her instagra.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, wie, I'm so silly. Wait, David Lasher, I can't recall that song.
Speaker 2: How does it go? Oh no, really, I don't under.
Speaker 1: See what my fire the one Dezia you know it?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I want to take my panties off right now and throw them at you.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. There's some downloads. Let's send that. Let's send that out to uh.
Speaker 3: I think it's getting we're doing his zoom. I'm not even wearing pants.
Speaker 2: Wait, you have a good voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like to sing. Oh, I mean thank you.
Speaker 2: I want to know about your comedy tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So Rock Comedy is started by my good friend Mike Young, who's been a great, amazing comedian for twenty years. His name's on the wall at the Comedy Store, and he's curated like the most amazing comedians in the country to do a twenty five city tour called the Rock Comedy Tour. And this is like a launch of a new comedy brand, like a funnier guy or a eight hundred pound gorilla called Rock Comedy. It's like a new home for comedy. And I am the creative director either going to the cities and filming the comedians on stage and backstage and all the you know what it's like to be on the road for twenty five cities. So I was in Phoenix and Nashville and Boston and Austin, and you know, when I'm not there, we send a camera crew down. All the footage comes back to me and to my editors, and so everyone listening please follow at Rock Comedy Tour on Instagram or Facebook. And we just did a deal with the big YouTube presence called Wits Comedy, so we'll drop longer form stuff on there. But you know, this is like with rock comedy. You know, the partner, Mike's partner is a guy named Dan Gilbert, who's a great guy. You know, he owns the Cleveland Cavaliers and they've been friends forever from Detroit. So we're all trying to build this brand to lead into you know, all kinds of short form content, comedians on stage, our specials, hopefully some TV shows And we're in the middle of this tour and it's been so much fun. And I can say this, you know, when I said how hard it is to get scripted or anything on TV, comedy and podcasting are the two things that are working in our business that people are really leaning into. It's true. Yeah, comedy is so hot right now. It's like everyone is into it.
Speaker 2: Is there ever time comedy wasn't hot?
Speaker 1: Yes? Really, Yeah, this is the golden age of comedy. I mean, you know, when did you when do you see? When did you ever seek comedians selling out Madison Square Gardens?
Speaker 2: No, you're right, you're right, Like these are.
Speaker 1: Napergatzi and Sebastian and Burt Kreischer and Whitney Cummings. These people are superstars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm just thinking, like old school, I always loved comedy, even when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: Oh me, I've always loved it too, but it's never been like your mass audience, Like.
Speaker 3: There wasn't like a platform for it to be kind of everywhere the way it is now.
Speaker 1: I guess I think I think maybe Netflix changes. Netflix has been so supportive of comedians, and they do our specials. I think once a week a new a new special, and they pay these comedians like crazy money.
Speaker 3: I panic for a bit though, when everyone like Beyond like getting canceled. It was just like you couldn't say anything. I still feel like I can't say certain things. But it's like it's nice to know that that's like the one area they're like comedians can say what they want.
Speaker 1: You're so right. If it's funny, you can say it's time, yeah, yeah, if it's clever, and comedians are yeah, they're like the last truth tellers right now.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: And I always fear like, is that gonna happen one day that comedians are going to be like, oh, I can't say that. It's like that just I mean, already as a podcaster and you know this, like I feel so limited, to like, oh, can't say that anymore? Oh, rephrase that sometimes and it's like it sucks.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen Nicky Glazer at some of these roasts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, I love her.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that Tom Brady roast was literally the end of cancel culture. I mean there was there was something said that, like, I and't even believe it with the people sitting right there right, it was insane. So yeah, I think you know, people like Bill Burr, they just say whatever they want and they don't get canceled. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't even put like a photo up on Instagram without getting slammed.
Speaker 1: So it's like, yeah, but you know what, you have your audience that will appreciate it. And so if there's people that don't like it, then don't like it. But and hate, everyone's gonna get hate anyway, so you might as well please the people that love you.
Speaker 3: I know, you're right, I think I I I guess it's when people stop hating you that you're in trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, because it means you're not taking any risk.
Speaker 2: Is that what it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Check where your podcast really quick? Yes?
Speaker 1: Please everyone? Hey dude, the nineties called is coming back next month. You can find it on all platforms, but we will if you follow it at Hey dude, the Nineties called on instagram'll have all all the information about that.
Speaker 2: Will you and Christine have me on?
Speaker 1: Oh? I would, I would love to have you on. Of course, you're your nineties queen. But yeah, they do The Nineties called on Instagram. Christina and have a show, a TV show with a company called Cineflix called Nineties Mixtape Nineties Mixtapes, and it's kind of based on the podcast, but it'll be us as a docuseries interviewing like casts or you know, themes like boy bands or TV boyfriends and I love that. Yeah, it's all nineties but in like not a reality show, but like a docuseries where we're like, you know, let's say we go on the set of Full House and we interview you know, Jody and Candice and whoever is willing to do it. We walk through Warner Brothers and we go back to their house, you know, just to like see where they are now, but like also take a trip back to what it was like than in person.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's great to do it.
Speaker 2: So I love you okay, and you're going to find me a guy, and.
Speaker 1: I will make a list.
Speaker 3: Put that on the tip top of your priority list because you have nothing going on. But they say when someone has a full plate and we're creators that give them more stuff and they can tackle it.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're so cool and you look so beautiful. I don't think you need me to find you a guy.
Speaker 3: But it's a good story though, So okay, all right.
Speaker 2: I love you, David Lasher.
Speaker 1: I love you. Thank you for having me on.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Bye. B