Speaker 1: Al Zone Media.
Speaker 2: Garrison takes a puff of their clove cigarette as slow jazz plays in the background. These sites say what they used to be. I've been digging into liberal conspiracy theories. That is, they're all the rage where the sky is blue and the book is face. These libs think old Donnie Jay's close call in Pennsylvania was a false flag, that the South African Musk stole the election, and that the Park Service has gone rogue, waging an insurgent information warfare against this corrupt administration, sending out coded messages on social media. It's called blue and on dohal and it's been making me blue. This is it could happen here. I'm Davis. I'm joined by Mio Wong for our blue on on episode Finally.
Speaker 3: I never thought. I never thought I would have been nostalgic for the days where I was arguing with isis on Twitter. But increasingly increasingly I am looking back at that as the golden age the Internet. We were merely dealing.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's only gotten.
Speaker 4: More stupid right wing terroristualization.
Speaker 2: It's it's only gonna get more stupid from here.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, this is this is the least stupid. It's going to be for at least fifty years.
Speaker 2: And this is the thing that I realized what doing my research for this bloon On episode, is that usually conspiracy research is kind of fun. I have a good time looking into conspiracy theories. I like going to conspiracy conventions. I get joy out of this, almost no joy. Looking into liberal conspiracy theories really boring and kind of sad.
Speaker 3: So that's the intro for this episode, Garrison, can I interest you in some of the bespoke shit, none of none of the none of this twenty twenty four elections stolen? Can I Can I interest you in some two thousand and four Iowa vote total?
Speaker 2: Stay? Oh yeah, absolutely, We'll get to that much. We'll get to that in our last section. Because yeah, there has been liberal election done out in the past, not at the same I think scale it exists at now, but yes, it certainly has existed before. And you know, for a while, conspiracy theories were like a bipartisan or at least like a by directional political pastime, like old conspiracy magazines were not as partisan as conspiracy theories has seemed today. Think of like you know, JFK. Everyone gets to have fun with JFK except for me. I don't have any fun with that. And conspiracy culture used to like crossover between hippie environmentalism, anti semitism, anti corporatism, anti authoritarianism. All these things exist both on the far right and the far left. There was a lot of meshing between different different polarities of conspiracy theory. And I think politics on the fringe are slightly more susceptible to conspiratorial thinking. And if if you spend an amount of time and like, you know, the communist left, you'll see that they have their fair share of conspiracy theories or even just a conspiratorial way of understanding the world.
Speaker 4: They all think that we work for the CIA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stuff about the CIA and NATO, all kinds of stuff. And though like anti vaccine and nine to eleven trutherism were initially more liberal aligned conspiracy theories, in the Obama years, conspiracy culture coalesced around the growing far right. Look at people like Glenn Beck and the slide of Alex Jones into the fascist right. Case in point Obama, Birtherism and all this stuff leads to Donald Trump and QAnon. As of late, liberals have had a conception that as the more rational of the two political alignments, they were almost naturally immune to conspiratorial thinking. Meanwhile, attacks on consensus, reality, fractured information streams, and any larger collective sense of what's real and what isn't started to slip away from everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your camera's flashing.
Speaker 4: They're trying to silence me. They're trying to I'm getting too close to the truth.
Speaker 3: He legitimately looked like a fucking like you're being taken off the air in a cyberpunk pirate radios taken my.
Speaker 4: Cat started to unflug my camera rehit.
Speaker 2: Although my cat is named Theodore Katzinski and Kazinsky was a CIA operative who got mk ultra, so you never know. The right wings trailblazing of political unreality allowed space for liberals to dip their toes into the conspiratorial mindset again, but maybe without even realizing that's what they were doing. Exaggerations of Russia Gate was one of the first Trump era liberal experiments with conspiracy theories, the idea that Russia not only engaged in hacking on a social media disformation campaign to influence the twenty sixteen election, but that Donald Trump himself colluded with Russia to get himself elected and might even be a Russian asset. And even though those allegations were investigated and not concretely proven, the conspiratorial churn continued, emboldened by the media environment that the right has created. As QAnon accelerated during the second half of Trump's first term, so did the decline of American consensus reality, culminating in the Stop the Steel movement in January sixth, which were explosive manifestations of Internet conspiracism which erupted in the physical world. A severe fracturing of reality took place. Any conception of a shared political reality seemed so far gone, and the effects of this loss aren't just contained to Republicans, but this also enables liberals and people on the left by opening up space for small reality tunnels to form regardless of political ideology. The siloing of information channels makes it almost impossible to actually form a consensus reality as the United States has embraced its political cafe. As everything gets more absurd, what loses is political mundanity. Liberals and the left were almost destined to become more conspiratorial in this current moment, and you can even look at how newsome is like copying Trump's posting strategies, and even how people like me memify and replicate Trump phrases. Many such cases, we were all going to be pulled into this at a certain point because it's just more interesting. I'm going to quote from one of MIA's favorite books, the CCRU quote God.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Conspiracy fictions are spun out of an all encompassing narrative that can't possibly be falsified, because they want you to believe in their non existence. To attempt to refute such narratives is to be drawn into a tedious double game. One either has to embrace an arbitrary and outrageous cosmic plot in which everything is being run by Jews, Masons, the Illuminati, the CIA, Microsoft, or Satan, or alternatively advocate submission to the most mundane construction of quotidian reality, dismissing the hyperstitional chaos that operates behind the screens. This is why atheism is usually so boring. Both conspiracy and common sense the normal reality script depend on the dialectical side of the double game, on reflective twins belief and unbelief, but disbelief is merely the negative complement of belief. Unquote, belief is so much stronger because disbelief is so much more boring. It only exists in comparison to belief in something. I think this is why everyone has this urge to get more conspiratorial. And like American specifically, our whole country is based on conspiracy theory, like the Masons are such a core part of our national identity.
Speaker 3: I fucking went down that tunnle. I went down the like if you asked me to start talking about politics in late nineteen seventies early nineteen eighties Italy, I could start talking about how Italy was run by a rogue Masonic lodge. So that actually is true. If you google propaganda due you will you will find out this was actually This was on the front page of the New York Times. It was to be fair to the basis, this was a rogue Masonic lodge. They had been expelled from the Masons for being assholes.
Speaker 4: But this is true.
Speaker 3: All conspiracies are true, but only about nineteen seventies Italy. But it's more interesting, right, like it it's so much more interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is more interesting, and it makes it really hard to disprove conspiracy theories. When the act of disproving. It makes it feel like you're submitting to some all controlling authority, and people people feel like they're losing, like they're they And that idea of submission is why people get so pulled into conspiracy theories because they think that believing in conspiracy theories is itself almost a form of resistance against you know, quote unquote them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is which which is very funny because the actual operation of conspiracy is precisely the other way around. Like conspiracies had been encouraged by the government, by governments for ever, Like the Protocols of the Elders of Zion were like an op by the fucking czars, like like this is this, like this this, this is this was this was literally a Russian police operation, right, But all of these people now believe that they're like, oh, I'm like the anti systemic person because I fell for this like anti Semitic police operation. But it's yeah, it's a really powerful force.
Speaker 2: The US government has intentionally stoked UFO conspiracy theories for eighty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it covers up the thing. You know, if you want to go conspiratory about it, is because it covers up the thing they're actually doing, which is like mundane but horrifying weapons testing shit.
Speaker 2: Like Now, the CCRU proposes that quote unquote, unbelief might be the way out of this cycle by building a plane of potentiality where the annihilation of judgment converges with real cosmic indeterminacy. I myself try to embrace an unbelief viewpoint for a lot of things, but I think that only gets you so far, and might also encourage some of these same problems in a larger scale. Because America has now gotten to the point of unbelief, especially in regards to QAnon, We've outgrown the need for QAnon because everything is QAnon Now. Politics are about determining who is and isn't a pedophile. Immigrants are trafficking children. Donald Trump is on the Epstein List, which both doesn't exist and was invented by Democrats. Historical events are staged. Every election was now stolen by the side who won. DHS is posting coded messages on the Internet. The FBI and police are faking crime statistics. Everything Trump does is a distraction from whatever the previous thing Trump did, which itself was a distraction from whatever the previous thing Trump did. So on and so forth. This is just what American politics are now. And while Trump's numerous connections to Epstein are long documented and he appears in Epstein FBI investigation files, discussions around it can feel very the storm is coming. The pedu elite are always just about to be arrested and removed from office. I like to see old Donnie J. Wiggle's way out of this jam. The logic of QAnon has perforated almost every aspect of American politics. On Blue Sky, there is this conspiratorial mantra gaining traction among liberals. But he wasn't shot, he didn't win. He's on the list.
Speaker 3: Don't like that.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's what they believe. Do you know what isn't a conspiracy theory? Maya that advertisement is designed to drive consumer demand repledged capitalism by replacing your desires. Not a conspiracy theory. That's just the good old truth. Listen to these ads. All right, we're back. As QAnon itself became a uber conspiracy theory overtime liking together a large collection of historical and contemporary conspiracy theories into one overarching story. Bluin On does not just refer to a single conspiracy theory, but rather as a label that can be applied to a general assortment of theories or conspiratorial thinking held by contemporary liberals and Democratic voters. I myself used a version of this term all the way back in January of twenty twenty one for a since removed YouTube video due to threats of violence, in which I used the word blue QAnon to describe Portland liberals who believed that Russia was staging Antifa protests to make liberals look bad after Biden's election victory, and some of the banners used in this video apparently had threats to the president of the United States, so YouTube took down the video. Unfortunately, even though the video was just outlining liberal conspiracy theories about this protest, thinking that you know, Russia probably made this banner, the.
Speaker 3: Censorship regime continues apace.
Speaker 2: Around this time twenty twenty one, the term blew and on was mostly used to refer to Trump Russia conspiracy theories, but there were a whole bunch of other liberal conspiracy theories in this era, like how palettes of bricks were being mysteriously dropped off at protests, and though I will say this conspiracy theory was used by both people on the right as well as some centrist liberals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think this is actually you know, you were talking about how there is this like QAnon, like this sort of moment of break with consensus reality, And I think the twenty twenty uprising was one of the most the single most important events in this entire process massively. So, yeah, because the twenty twenty uprising was a systemic challenge to both the liberal and the Republican establishment right because if its central premise is true that the United States is a structurally racist state, right, that is, is based on the oppression of black people, then you can't continue to maintain the state. And also simultaneously, the thing that was incredibly threatening was that people were actually willing to go out and fight the police over this. And on the right, this obviously causes massive reality fraction because they have to grapple with the fact that like most of the country was fine with burning a police stationed down or were they right? Yeah, this is like oh no, there was this was this was act. This whole thing was actually like a plan by like Antifa democrats and like Pritzker's billionaire, like the Jewish billionaire soorro Jewish billionaires.
Speaker 2: It was actually the Boogaloo Boys who planned the whole thing and burned down the Third Precinct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this is this is a very very common This became the liberal main line on the birding of the Third Precinct was that it was a false flag by like the Boogloo Boy People don't remember the Boogloo.
Speaker 2: Bar right, Boogaloo Boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like they were like this very very weird race war fashion trying to encourage a new civil yes a word weird fascist group, but like that became the liberal main line because they had to find a way to explain the fact that the people who were you know, like a lot of people who are normally supposed to be their base decided instead of doing their sort of just like vote for the president and like vote for the Democratic president and like non violently and passively do nothing, people went and fought the police from of a year and this caused this massive fracturing where people had to believe it instead of there just being construction sites and people taking bricks from construction sites, as people have been doing for literally since the first brick was made, people have been taking them and throwing them at enemy authorities, right.
Speaker 2: Like stone Wall was a false flag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, because the actual power of that uprising was so dangerous to the fundamental liberal conceptions of reality in the world, and that like the marginalized and oppressed people who who they sort of planned to represent, would take it into their own hands. The idea that yeah, the state is structurally racist and so it has to be resisted. That caused people to just have to create these like just pure reality tunnels of like, oh no, actually, any attempt to fight the police is a false flag that the police want to do. Or the burning of the Third Precinct was actually like the fascist attempting to provoke people, and that the state actually wants you to fight it because if you fight the state, then the state wins. And like this is one of the earth reality tunnels that creates the sort of conspiratorial mindset. We're like the Boglue boys at the Third Preacing. That's not just a thing from like you know, online posters. That became the main line of the Democratic Party because they also had to contain the uprising and from there and once once that's the accepted narrative of like the Democrats. Then this peer reality tunnel conspiracy shit is now just baked in to the very core of liberalism as it attempts to recuperate and defeat the energies that were unleashed by twenty twenty. And that's how we're here, that's a large part of it.
Speaker 2: Flash Forwarding a few years during the first half of twenty twenty four, especially in and around Biden's disastrous debate performance, the blue and on term begun being used to refer to a collection of theories that a secret cabal of deep state elites, the news media, high ranking Democrats, and Republicans were targeting Biden to sabotage his presidency to make him lose the election.
Speaker 3: There's no such thing as getting old. There is simply being sabotaged by q cards and camera lighting positions.
Speaker 2: Now, the bluenon term here is sort of a misnomer because like at this point, like Russia Gate and QAnon had very little in common. Like one viewed Trump as the Messiah, the other viewed him as basically, you know, an anti christ slash Russian asset. In the wake of the Trump assassination, Philip Bump penned a Washington Post article declaring quote QAnon and blue and on rhyme. The similarities end there, and I have sympathies for this viewpoint, especially in the wake of like January sixth, Right, Blunon doesn't have satanic wayfair child trafficking, Yeah, but maybe it doesn't need to. No, In conspiracy theories, it's not just about the substance of the beliefs held, but the function and methodology of the beliefs. In the past year, Blunon's function and methodology have started to parallel q Andon's more and more, which leads us to the event that really opened up operating space for the mainstreaming of the liberal conspiracy theories, the attempted assassination of one Donald Trump. Americans are particularly susceptible to assassination conspiracy theories. It has kind of been woven into our national identity now. Of course, Republicans, including elected representatives, developed their own fair share of theories about the attempted assassination of Donald Trump. But that's another episode. Here's a viral Facebook video, Remember Facebook, No.
Speaker 4: It's not that bad.
Speaker 5: Take a look at what happened.
Speaker 6: Fake a shit man stage, fake a shit bo ain't no bullets plying in that. You know what I'm saying, wan thing about a shootout. Soon a shootout, you will see bullets, class stuff getting piled though Oh I ain't never going on, never getting hit, nothing getting piled though he definitely ain't get hit. He faked it all. The whole dang is fake stage when grid bro just I didn't play, y'all, They gonna make y'all vote on now if the dump you feel me? Oh, y'all, oh he oh, he been shot in they'll all going on to vote on y'all.
Speaker 3: Some fucking clowns.
Speaker 5: Buh.
Speaker 2: The word staged spiked in use by almost four thousand percent on Twitter, according to the misinformation tracker NewsGuard, appearing three hundred thousand times the day of and after the shooting. The term inside job also rose on social media, up by over three thousand percent, with bots and inauthentic accounts adding to this. Chaos and Israeli disinfo tech firm Cybra found that forty five percent of accounts using hashtags like fake assassination and staged shooting were inauthentic. Within a day, a post on x questioning the authenticity of the event a gained over fifty thousand likes. Quote, great camera angle, great quality. No Secret Service agent in front of his head covering the wound, conveniently placed US flag unquote. Another got nearly fifty thousand likes, asking users to quote, raise your hand and repost if you think this was staged. There was a flood of posts, earning thousands of likes and millions of alleged views, which questioned why Trump was able to or allowed to stand above the crowd after being shot, yelling fight, fight, fight, risking getting shot again. And while it could have been possible that there was a second shooter, Trump was only able to stand back up after it was confirmed that Crooks was killed. You can hear it in the video Shoot her Down, Shoot Her Down. Secret Service was already aware of Crook's position prior to the shooting and had not located any other possible shooters. But reality does not matter here. I'm going to play a short clip from a YouTube video which was uploaded just a month ago with over eighty five thousand views, explaining why someone feels it really easy to believe in this conspiracy.
Speaker 7: Now, ladies and gentlemen, I normally don't go down conspiracy holes. I don't, but we know MAGA does. MAGA has gone down so many conspiracy holes and brought it to science that We've got people not giving their kids vaccine. We've seen measles rising in Texas. We had people not wanting to get into COVID. We had quarterbacks telling people to take ivermectin. We had people saying take fucking horse traink orizers to get rid of COVID. And so now I think I've earned opportunity to go down a rabbit hole. This video was someone who was right there at the Trump rally, and there can tending that this whole thing is made up, which a lot of us felt like it was anyway, because we do know that Trump he's not afraid to fool around and shall we say reality or entertainment TV. We know he's not afraid to do that. And I'll show you an example of that in a minute.
Speaker 2: What example do you think he's going to show a WWE thing? It is a WWE thing.
Speaker 3: I remember there was so much WWE like tying shit with this.
Speaker 2: Well we'll get to that in this sect. But I find this explanation of why this person feels almost allowed to believe the conspiracy theory is now super interesting. It is specifically because the right has been so willing to embrace conspiracism that now it feels like it's fair game for liberals to do it as well. And this guy is just almost almost acknowledging this fact. He's kind of like working his way to by an entire thesis here with maybe without realizing it.
Speaker 3: This guy sponsored by an AI company, just just to make this absolutely perfect. Great stuff, great stuff happening in this in the sphere of our political discourse. We love to see it.
Speaker 2: But yes, based on the blood severed across Trump's face after he went on the ground, people postulated that Trump was hiding a razor blade in his sleeve w w E style to purposefully cut his face to make it look like he was shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Donald Trump bladed himself. What are we doing here?
Speaker 7: So should we believe that faking getting shot is beyond them? Why would we believe that when this is still Trump that once was trained by the ww whatn't those some convincing ass right hands he just gave vincement Man, No, those.
Speaker 8: Were the least convincing right hands I've ever seen, and I have throw a button not for me.
Speaker 2: You know what, I think We've saw this whole assassination thing right here. I'm like, this stuff doesn't even warrant debunking. Debunking is useless, right Yeah. All of these conspiracy theories rest on the fact that rally attendees were hospitalized with gunshot wounds and two people died as a sacrifice to sell this event, and that the Biden era Secret Service helped facilitate this whole operation. I watched YouTube videos explaining that even if bullets were fired and people at the rally were hitt and killed, though just not Trump, the actual footage of the shooting is actually ai because the number of targets hit don't match the number of shots heard in the video, and people in the crowd suddenly disappear once shots are fired, as in people get down low on the ground to avoid getting hit. As for the number of shots hit versus shots fired, these videos seem to not realize that bullets travel through t objects, like say Donald Trump's.
Speaker 3: Ear being the point of a bullet.
Speaker 2: Also, this was actually Trump loyalist police firing into the crowd as a part of this stage operation, not not Thomas Crooks. After the shooting, a political advisor to Democratic donor and LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman named Dimitri Melhorn sent an email proposing that the shooting may have been quote encouraged and maybe even staged so Trump could get the photos and benefit from the backlash unquote. The next day, Melhorn regretted and apologized for sending the email, and think about it. While one person was lined up perfectly to get the now historic photo, think of how many other professional photographers at the rally weren't so lucky. There's not just one photographer at the event, there's lots, and yeah, one person got a really compelling shot.
Speaker 8: It's a campaign event. There's paid photographers there. This is what I get paid event is Oh my god.
Speaker 3: There was a flag that was stayed because it was a campaign event.
Speaker 4: Going insane.
Speaker 2: According to a pull from Morning Consult, roughly one in five voters said that they found it credible that the shooting was staged and not intended to kill Trump, including one third of at the time Biden's supporters, thirty three percent of Biden supporters, and twelve percent of those who back Trump, which is really funny to me.
Speaker 3: That's actually really funny.
Speaker 4: It was an inside job. Good job, guys, good job.
Speaker 2: The mega Trump assassination. Truthers of the majority of voters, though sixty two percent, said that the unsubstantiated notion is not credible. A statement I've seen from both the conspiratorial left and the right is that we know all about say Luigi Mangioni or this latest school shooter, but still know nothing about the Trump assassination. And this just isn't true. We actually know a lot about Thomas Crooks. Now, just because you haven't read about it doesn't mean that we don't know. I'll link to a recent New York Times article looking into his online footprint. We know a lot about this guy, yep. But based on the conception that this failed assassination attempt would in the end helped Trump get elected, some people chose to just reject the event entirely. And yeah, it was surreal, a warped manifestation of millions of people's dream And when things happen that challenge expectations or are just plain weird, some people reject that reality and substitute to their own alternate realities, which make more sense to them. If a near miss event like this would help Trump, then it must be Trump's doing. Do you know what Trump has no control over?
Speaker 3: It's so not true that he doesn't have control of these products and services. We have good report I got is his Increasingly.
Speaker 2: The tariffs aren't real, be a. I won't believe the tariffs until I see them with my own two eyes.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm going to walk you to the port of LA. Are gonna go look at the tariffs together? Why inside?
Speaker 2: So here's the ads. All right, we're back. You can't talk about liberal conspiracy theories without the most blatant example of some libs taking a page right out of the megaplaybook. Twenty twenty four election denial God another instance of Trump and QAnon trailblazing something that used to be on the political fringe and normalizing it as acceptable political discourse. Early on, after Trump was declared the projected winner, liberals questioned why there were seemingly twenty million missing Democratic votes from the expected twenty twenty four totals, pointing to the higher numbers than twenty twenty forgetting that vote totals were still being counted and in the end, there were only three million fewer votes this election, which is extremely reasonable for an election. According to NewsGuard by Wednesday morning after the election, Trump cheated was trending on Twitter with nearly one hundred thousand mentions since midnight. I'll read a few of these viral tweets quote, I hold a master's degree in political science. I don't yet understand these results, and I don't pretend to. I'm not into conspiracy, but I'd like to know. Did millions across Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan really split their vote? Did millions of Democratic voters really stay home? And the answer is yes, yes they did.
Speaker 4: That is what happened. You figured it out.
Speaker 2: People did split their vote, and yeah, lots of people were not compelled to vote for Harris and stayed home. Congratulations, you stumbled across the reality.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Another person remarked, quote, I hold a master's again. I love all these people prefacing this by saying that they have degrees.
Speaker 3: And I want to say two things about the degree thing. One eighty percent of the time when someone starts doing what are these things, you can go back and find different degrees they pretended have. Two. I have been around people who get master's degrees in political science. We are not talking about the cream of the intellectual crop here like, this is a discipline that is like economics for people who like or even worse at the chain rule than economists. Like what are we doing here?
Speaker 4: Quote?
Speaker 2: I hold a master's and political science with a minor in statistics, and I can't make sense of this. Human nature had to completely upend itself for this to happen. Swing states voting straight blue down the ballot except for the top. Nah, that's not what people do, and yet it is what happened.
Speaker 4: Average political science. This is hinged for them, so very quickly.
Speaker 2: Liberals demanded recounts and court challenges, begging that Kamala Harris take this to court, with misinformation spreading that she was planning said court challenges. Others alleged that Elon Musk hacked voting machines. According to a report from the University of Washington, over a five day period, there were hundreds of thousands of tweets and retweets about how Elon Musk, working with Trump and sometimes with Putin, used Starlink satellites to steal the election, perhaps by intercepting then changing vote totals through the Internet. Despite most voting machines not being connected to the Internet.
Speaker 3: No, and the actual thing that he did was like going to places and saying, I'll give you a million dollars if you vote for this election, one of you will win. Like that's like the actual thing that he did, which is so blatantly obvious.
Speaker 2: And like basic, like ground game targeting and swing states, Like, yeah, they mobilized a shit ton of money. Quote I'm hearing today that Elon's software Starship is the software that handled all the swing state ballots. If indeed this is true, this is clearly a conflict of interest and another reason why swing states need investigations. Well, good news, this isn't indeed true.
Speaker 4: You made this up.
Speaker 2: This is fake.
Speaker 4: It's not just Twitter though.
Speaker 2: On Meta's Twitter alternative threads, there was a hotbed of election denile, with posts like this spreading on the platform and beyond to places like Reddit. Quote Trump cheats at everything in life. Putin interfered in the past three elections. Musk and Trump talked to Putin a lot. Musk's Starlink uploaded votes in swing states. Swing state voters went DEM down ballot, but Trump at the top. Unlikely Starlink satellites explode, destroying evidence quote. This is referencing a conspiracy theory from the time that based on an event on November tenth where a Starlink satellite re entered orbit and blew up, as Elon Musk's technology is known to do. This was itself proof that he was blowing up his satellites on purpose to conceal evidence that Starlink was used to alter election results. SpaceX regularly retires satellites which then slowly fall to Earth and blow up.
Speaker 4: This is ordinary practice.
Speaker 2: This particular satellite, which exploded on November tenth was decommissioned back in August. This has nothing to do with the election. Still, there were viral tweets calling for a quote unquote forensic investigation and accounts like your n on News, an account pretending to be affiliated with the hacker group Anonymous, which is a real vector point of left wing conspiratorial thinking.
Speaker 3: I'm going to put a note here, Butz says that the history of relationship if your n on News is very compl this is not. This is not a definitive statement on it. Please don't get mad at us. It's a it's a fucking mess. It's a fucking mess. That's that's what I'm gonna say about it, that guy sucks shit.
Speaker 2: They've been spreading a lot of election misinformation news, especially in November.
Speaker 4: Quote.
Speaker 2: Some strange statements from Trump and Elon have fueled doubts about election integrity. You can just change one line of code, Elon stated about the code on electronic voting machines. I don't need more votes. I already have votes, Trump stated repeatedly, So why not take a look.
Speaker 3: Unquote.
Speaker 2: This alleged quote from Elon cannot be sourced at all. The full version of it is quote if you want to steal an election, all you have to do is change one line of code unquote. I have tried so hard to find the original source for this quote. I cannot. It is just liberals saying Elon said this. It may have been something said, I cannot find it. Even if it is something he said. There's not evidence that he stole the election, no at all.
Speaker 4: He does this like that.
Speaker 3: There's there's a whole conspiracy on the left that thinks that Elon Musk was behind the coup in Bolivia, which was like something I was accepted by Evo back when he was in the NIS. Like in Bolivia, because it was like politically convenient for everyone involved to believe that like Elon Musk did this coup in Bolivia over like lithium prices, when the actual reality was it was done by a bunch of Bolivia agrobarons. But people just believe this shit, and and and and Elon will just play into it, even like because I don't he probably didn't say that, but like even if he did, like he did say the ship that he did the coup in Bolivia, but like he didn't, he objectively didn't LOLXD like I I okay, I'm not. I'm not. I'm not going to get into the price history of of lithium here and how there was a fucking market glut at that point, which is the exact opposite thing you would want there to be if you're trying to steal lithius.
Speaker 4: Like it's nonsense.
Speaker 3: So people just leave this ship because it fits, it fits their version of reality. And the right is really happy to sort of play into this because they just play around with conspiracies.
Speaker 2: And this line from Trump is just breaking about having a lot of projected votes already, That's all it is. Yeah, the day before Inauguration day, people alleged that Trump may have accidentally admitted to stealing the election in one of his speeches.
Speaker 3: Oh my fucking god, let's take a look.
Speaker 2: Trump just told them himself.
Speaker 9: He just credited Elon Musk's knowledge of how voting machines work for his victory in Pennsylvania. He said this during his victory rally in Washington, d C. The night before the alleged inauguration. Let's listen to the audio.
Speaker 3: And then he.
Speaker 5: Journeyed to Pennsylvania, where he spent like a month and a half campaigning for me in Pennsylvania. And he's a popular guy, and he was very effective, and he knows those computers better than anybody, all those computers, those vote counting computers, and we ended up Pennsylvania like in a landslide, so that it was pretty good.
Speaker 2: He was pretty good.
Speaker 7: So thank you to Elon.
Speaker 2: That is from a very popular TikToker. This particular video has twenty thousand likes. I can't even find how many views it has, but there's hundreds of comments talking about how the election was stolen. The same video was spread by people like a friend of the pod Brooklyn Dad Defiant.
Speaker 3: Oh literally, God fucking Okay, I need to spend five seconds.
Speaker 2: No, we don't have time.
Speaker 3: He's literally paid by a Democratic party. He used to be Yeah, he used to be literally paid a Democratic party. He was a fucking oil guy. Fuck god, damn it. Sorry, Okay, but he said quote. Is that a fucking confession?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Twenty three thousand likes? Oh?
Speaker 4: Which?
Speaker 2: Now this line from Trump gets referenced a lot in liberal stolen election theories. Trump is not saying he won because Elon knows the vote counting computers. Those two statements can be separate statements that are just right next to each other. More, it could be easily interpreted as saying that Elon Musk's computer knowledge helped prevent fraud, ensuring that if Dems tried to steal the election again, Elon would have caught them. As twenty twenty Republican election denile focused heavily on voting machines. In terms of numbers on how many Democrats don't think the election was legitimate, we do have some statistics. In twenty twenty, eighty eight percent of Democrats thought the election was legitimate and accurate. In twenty twenty four, it was only sixty three percent, with nine percent saying it was the result of illegal voting or election rigging, and twenty nine percent saying they don't know if it was legitimate or accurate. Of course, the Republicans found this election was extremely legitimate as compared to the last one, in which a majority of Republicans thought it was the result of illegal voting or election rigging. But still twenty nine percent of Democrats in twenty twenty four not knowing if the election is accurate pretty pretty damage, And obviously a lack of trust and election systems is an extremely damaging thing to the functioning of democracy. The reason why I decided to finally do this episode after pulling little research bits over the course of the past year, is a tweet from August twentieth quote two whistleblowers have now confirmed that the NSSA conducted an election audit and Harris was the winner. Don't fucking ignore this. One hundred and forty six thousand likes, almost thirty thousand retweets, five point five million quote unquote views. This went super viral, one of the biggest instances I've seen in recent election denial. This viral tweet links to a substack with over fifty one thousand subscribers and three million views. The focus of the blog is showing how Kamala Harris really won the twenty twenty four election. The recent post cover how a former CIA operative has confirmed that, based on an NSA audit of the twenty twenty four election, Kamala actually won. This was a quote covert compartmentalized forensic audit unquote.
Speaker 4: It's literally just stop the steal. They did this same thing.
Speaker 2: It was completed in December twenty twenty four, and based on the findings, the NSSA and CIA recommended a hand recount, but the recount was unable to take place before the January sixth election certification, and since then the findings of the audit proving a KAMMLA victory have been covered up by Tulci, Gabbard and the Trump administration. This blog claims the election was stolen by hijacking voting machines and quote illegally copied software, decades of vulnerabilities, and the installation of a back door through a last minute change order right before the election unquote. Now there's a few problems with this theory, the first at which being that the NSSA does an audit election no.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 2: This substacker also operates a still growing TikTok account to prevent being suppressed from misinformation. The user talks in coded phrases, calling elections baking contests. State election results are either red cakes or blue cakes.
Speaker 3: Boats are ingredients.
Speaker 2: Christ In her most popular video with about seventy five thousand views, she claims that Trump isn't giving red swing states FEMA AID because he knows that these states actually voted for Kamala Harris and so Trump is punishing them by withholding aid. This is her second most popular video with fifty thousand views, talking about North Carolina and how Elon Musk and Peter Thiel worked together to alter election results.
Speaker 10: Hey y'all, quick update on the baking contest in North Kakilaki and the cake is in fact who We were able to identify about one hundred and ninety seven thousand ingredients that were swapped out by the space baker, So he and his friend whose name rhymes with seal have been up to some interesting things when it comes to these baking contests. So the surveillance Seal and the space Baker doing some doing some interesting baking. So we need you to let your media friends know and let all your let all the people know. We're going to do an email campaign next week, because that seems to be how we get this done. We do have avenues to undo this unholy mess, and just hold on to your hope. Run over to my friends at the ATE and of course the Common Coalition. Check out the report. We have more to report on all of the baking contests that we're working on. We're still digging. We got more to go and blue skies ahead, y'all.
Speaker 3: There's something specifically uniquely horrifying about the way that like just the sort of TikTok language of sewer side or whatever like that people say like that kind of shit.
Speaker 2: This stuff just makes me really sad. No, it's it's so like I can't have fun with this anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh God, damn it.
Speaker 2: The same thing when I was watching some of the trump asassination videos, when I realized this is just from people who are unwell, and I can't even have fun with this. And that is also the case with a lot of Q and on stuff. You should be really careful about how much joy you take in the suffering of people and people displaying their suffering on the Internet by engaging in this stuff. But yeah, this stuff's just really sad. Like in other videos, she's pleading with her followers to contact their state governors to convince them to change all the voting machines because they've been compromised. And I'll play one more video before we close the episode, I says over thirty two thousand views. She talks about Trump using tariffs as leverage to get countries to sign deals with Elon Musk's Starlink satellites, which will then be used to control elections worldwide. And the only way to stop this is to impeach Trump and put Kamala in the White House since she is the rightful winner of the twenty twenty four election.
Speaker 10: They take from their constituents now to address the Space Cadet, And how look at what he launched last year in record time ten months, this low orbit DTC constellation. And look at what they're doing with the countries around the world. To get your tariffs removed, you have to sign a contract with the Space Cadet. Hello, this is not about any kind of like you know, internet in the rural areas, blah blah blah, nothing about this is to be nice. No, it is to control future contests. The US was not the endgame. It was the litmus test. So we can get out of this. We have constitutional avenues to get out of this situation, but we need Congress to act, and Congress won't act until the American people know what happened. And they're not going to know what happened until our influencers and our media handle the situation. So Rachel Mattow, please, Lawrence minus touched, for heaven's sake, minus touched. You guys, four million people, you could be blasting this out and letting the American people know what happened. Do your jobs, please, so we can get the rightful people in the House that they belong in, the big white one.
Speaker 3: I think one of the things that makes me so insane about these is that, like, if you're actually, I guess Garrison, you weren't around for this. But like I've legitimately have lived through two attempts to steal an election, right, Like there was two thousand, which the Republicans just stole and then yeah, Donald Trump did try to steal the election in twenty twenty, but he did it by having people try to form mobs outside of polling places and then like his supporters did January. That's a real thing. But the thing about these conspiracies is like they they devour reality. They they they consume it and strip it for its constituent parts. Which is why you see so many, like you know, used to see so many conspiracies that would you know if if you look at their giant conspiracy charts. They're talking about like the structure of the World Bank and the IMF, and like that's that's where the Builderberg group stuff comes out of, right, they love charts. The Builder group stuff is then taking the real structure of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank and then you know, devouring that structure and spinning back out conspiracy. And that that's what these things do. They take They take real things that happen in the world and just devour them and turn them into just nothing. And it makes it harder to act because like, yeah, we do live in a world where the Republican Party has like attempted to or successfully did fel to elections, but not this one.
Speaker 2: And if this is your mode of resistance of hashtag resistance against Trump, that's useless. It's completely useless. It's not actually managing any of the effects of Trump on people like ICE, like attacks on career people. It's this fully contained, non non form of fighting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like like you see you see this, you see this too on the left of CIA stuff, where it's like everyone is convinced that like the person they're arguing with on Twitter like is the CIA, and that the way that you combat CIA influences by like spreading I don't know, posting pro asage shit. And it's like that's not actually substantively combating the influence of the CIA. It just feels like it is, and that structure of feeling is so powerful that it prevents you from doing actual action.
Speaker 2: There has been this new conspiracy theory getting traction on Blue Sky a lot that the masked people engaged in Immigration enforcement ICE aren't actually ICE agents. They're secretly quote j sixers, bounty hunters or thugs, oathkeepers, proud boys. It's a big assumption to even say they're federal agents. They're not identified. We have no idea who they are. Could be proud boys or oath keepers or three percenters unquote. This is trying to push the blame away from the US government who is engaging in this action Ice onto these non state actors, which people in their mind think are easier targets. And it's just a completely misunderstanding of power, and it's a misunderstanding of their current political situation, and it gives you no no ability to actually stop the bad things ICE are doing. But I've seen this theory gain a lot of traction online.
Speaker 3: And in the same way that QAnon is a product of the cognitive dissonance of Trump supporters having to grapple the fact that the trumpet that their god king is in power and their lives still suck. This is this specific one is a product of the cognitive dissonance of like the fact that these people all supported ICE when Biden was the Biden was the run running it, when like Biden and fucking did his executive order to shut the border down, right, but Kumboombiden was like doing consration camps in the desert. They were all pro ICE. And then they suddenly have to deal with the world where ICE is doing an ethnic cleansing and they can't process that, And so the way that they attempt to cope with it is being like, well, that's actually not the real ice. That's like J six Proud Boys.
Speaker 2: It's a groper occupied government. They're sending out coded messages on Twitter. Yeah, it's the same thing me and you did the episode about a few weeks ago in our dog Whistle Politics and the Hunt for Coded Nazi Messaging episode. But yeah, And though some Democratic voters are engaging in election denial, I think one key difference from twenty twenty Republican election denial is that liberal election officials have as of yet not been willing to participate in this rhetoric openly or pursue these baseless fraud accusations. This is still one difference, But I think it's a ticking clock. I think it's only a matter of time, especially once we see the midterms, that people running for office debt Democrats might start embracing some kind of wing nutty stuff the same way Marjora Taylor Green, Trojan Horst wing nutty politics into Congress. And now we see a whole bunch of other representatives being able to engage in conspiratorial thought on the right. There's going to be a few instances of this. I think in the next mid term election for Democrats. It's something to keep an eye out for because I think it's only a matter of time. Like what I mentioned in that CCR you quote, mundane reality is going to lose because this stuff is just more interesting. People are going to try to buy it and it requires constant pushback That doesn't for part one. But there's going to be another episode tomorrow where I talk with Jack of the Alt watcher Blue Sky account to discuss the latest evolution of blue and on and possibly the most Q and on the extension of blue and On we've seen yet the Alt National Park Service and their coded messages being sent out on Blue Sky and Facebook. So stay tuned for that tomorrow, and remember you are not immune to propaganda.
Speaker 1: It Could Happen Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website coolzonmedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can now find sources for It Could Happen here listed directly in episode descriptions. Thanks for listening.