Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports Byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike Semper VV. When you're ready, where you're ready, Let's.
Speaker 3: Get it on.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody. Bryan Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific six Eastern Saturday Mornings with a Jim Valley, Today Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it's Monday here on the show. I guess it's kind of been a while since I've been here on a Monday. We got a lot to get into here today. Raw is tonight. We have four matches announced for the show, annext tomorrow, three matches announced for that show, Dynamite. On Wednesday, five segments announced for Dynamite. So a lot of stuff going on over the next couple of days, and of course it was a busy weekend as well. SmackDown the SmackDown after WrestleMania. We had some debuts, we had some call ups, had some angles shot. We had the Collision Show on Saturday Night, a TNA pay per view on Sunday which included a lot of NXT TNA crossover moments. They had Teesday Big WWE Star the show, and I believe they claimed this person at a tour bus, but it ended up being Trick Williams, who I did not know how to tour bus, but I guess maybe he did. We had the Stardom All Star Grand Queendom twenty twenty five show, seventy five hundred fans there to see the tam Knock and Ow Loser Must Retire match for the World of Stardom title, and she is done, so we'll talk about that. We've got a special show today, the All Three Man Booth, Mike Simper, Viv and Filthy Tom Lawler joining us here today. They'll have a lot to say about stardom as well, and a lot of other news. If you want to text us here today four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is four two five seven eight zero seven five six six at for W Online at gmail dot com. Is the email, and I'm at for W online on threads, at for W on line, on Instagram and on cameo F four W online at ten dollars cameos which after this past month, I think are going to be permanent. Grab your cameo today. Back in the mouth with more Observer live.
Speaker 4: At street Talk. We are all about no brainers. Calling Gramma for her recipe no Brainer, streaming one more episode at two am, Big no Brainer, Getting real and limited data where you buy Banana the Ultimate no Brainer. Switch now and get a free Samsung Galaxy A sixteen five G or Motor g Power five G twenty twenty four with select plans, Straight Talk Real unlimited data available at Walmart and street talk dot com. Ap Forbalan five nineteen twenty five tax sim Piece of Fly, requers insourcing de Lin activation on qual Time, plan for network management practices at street doc dot com. Plus terms copyright twenty twenty five rises.
Speaker 5: Do you want to add a boost to your sex life this weekend? Do you want to make your partner and yourself happy? Then call our special hotline now. We'll sell you those little pills that work below the bell for less than one dollar a pill and deliver your package in a few days, just in time for the weekend. Our pill delivers almost the same results as expensive pills for less than a dollar apiece, and you don't need a prescription and ask about their buy three get three free offer.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 5: Boost your sex life and have a great time now less than a dollar a pill, discrete delivery in a few days and a buy three get three free offer. Dial this number and save it now.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred two two nine eight six two seven, eight hundred two two nine eight six two seven eight hundred two two nine eight six two seven. That's eight hundred two two nine eighty six twenty seven paid for by the pharmacy shop.
Speaker 7: Are you tired of making trip after trip on doctor visits only to get wrong medications that waste time, money and cause you side effects. If you're on Medicare, call for a free medical assessment and determine which medications are right for you based on your genetic makeup with our convenient swap test performed in your home and mailed to our laboratory. No more trial and error. The results will tell you and your doctor which medications you don't need. An identif to five more appropriate replacements. If you're on Medicare and take multiple medications, call now for our genetic testing service at little or no cost to you. It starts with a call for a free medical assessment and evaluation of your Medicare coverage. Make this free call right now.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred nine four eight six eight one four eight hundred nine four eight six eight one four eight hundred nine four eight six eight one four. That's eight hundred nine four eight sixty eight fourteen.
Speaker 1: Are you a fan of paranormal radio, Bigfoot, UFOs, Ghosts, Hauntings, Cryptid's True Crime, After Dark Radio with Brian Alvarez. There's live on Sports Byline every Wednesday at two pm Pacific five Eastern, talking all manner of the strange and unusual, from the latest news of the weird to interviews with the top names in the field. After Dark is your source for paranormal radio. Check it out two Pacific five Eastern every Wednesday, live on Sports Byline USA.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Well we're back here on the show. Brian Alvarez here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike simpervv also Wrestling Observer dot com, and old filthy Tom Lawler is here. We got a lot to talk about today, and uh, I done got set off, but I'm not gonna I'm not gonna fight, not gonna fight today, So we'll just talk about other stuff for a while. Oh no, no, no, no, no no no, I'm not doing it right now. We've got bigger things to talk about, like, uh, Tom, I hear your your h What are you now now that you've teamed with all? I mean, are you part of the bullet club?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: What are you now? You team with? You teamed and faced Hakoo King hack Coo this weekend.
Speaker 8: Yes, I did. I w wrestling Saturday night in Akron, Ohio. I was set to face King Haku. We were gonna find out who the toughest man in wrestling history really is. And I got in there with him, and unfortunately, some scrubs Tyson ready.
Speaker 1: I mean unfortunately this sounds like fortunately.
Speaker 8: Well it was pretty cool too, but after about a minute we were interrupted and we were challenged. We were challenged. They said you know what the guy said? He said, who booked Suzuki Butterbean two.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow.
Speaker 8: If you guys, so, you guys should take me and my partner on if you're mad enough. And me and King Haku were like, oh boy, are we ever.
Speaker 1: See who booked this?
Speaker 2: John Thorn?
Speaker 8: John Thorn, Yes of AIW Wrestling, Hi w.
Speaker 1: John, Listen, if you're listening to me, you made a big mistake, brother, because like when they when they said that who booked Butterbean versus Zuki two? And then they challenged Haku and Filthy Tom to a match under no circumstances should that have happened the same night that should have been booked for the next show in the main event. I literally would have bought a ticket. I would have flown there to watch it.
Speaker 8: Like god, Oh, Haku and I beat up, took out, destroyed, decimated, annihilated, Tyson, Riggs and Kaplan once again a caplin falls at the hands. Yes, and then King Hakou and I put up the fingers. We gave each other the too sweet to signify that not only is nWo for life, so was the Bullet Club. And then I threw up the one.
Speaker 9: Wow we go.
Speaker 8: Three factions in one night?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Handle well the one the one was for Jimmy Hart's first family.
Speaker 9: Was that those family? I got it?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 2: I got it all four?
Speaker 10: How about that?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, I wish I'd been there for that, Tom, I wish I'd been there, But you know you and I man, we got a big date coming up for a podcast with with Kurt Angle, don't we?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Live show with Kurd Angle, Spokane, Washington at the Northern Quest Casino, May seventeenth, I believe, just two days after my upcoming forty second birthday.
Speaker 9: Wow, what yeah?
Speaker 8: What a better way to spend it than hanging out with Brian Alvarez, the esteemed Brian Alvarez and gold medalist who won it with a broken freaking neck her Angle.
Speaker 10: It's gonna be awesome and it is gonna be awesome.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, that sounds really exciting, and we do have to talk about since I know Mike of course has a big audio nightmare, Tom is on the stardom beat, we got to talk about the end of the crewer. Don't think you can say that, Well, we haven't for a while, but for a while we did the the end of Tam Knockano's career.
Speaker 8: Tom, Yes, sad I guess. I mean these Joe, She's seem to have a shorter life span as far as their inn ring time goes than most of the other styles and competitors around the world. So it's not, you know, uncharacteristic for somebody to go out while they're relatively at the top. But you know, tam Knockano has been around for a while, and you know, now's the time. Now's the time for her to leave. She's retired. But I mean she's not the only person gone from stardom. Oh oh, there's a lot. So I mean Tam Knockao, sure, she's gone from the wrestling world, but Stardom also fired the Toxic Spider, Thekla.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then who's going to be doing some dates in America?
Speaker 8: And then also it was announced Mayu Iwaitani, who fell to shury the greatest female wrestler of all time, lost the IWGP Woman's title to her. And now we'll be departing stardom as well. She's been there since the very first show in boy, can we fact check this twenty eleven? Maybe?
Speaker 10: And uh now now she'll be gone, Mike A.
Speaker 9: NAT's it's an end of an era in a lot of ways. It's gonna be interesting to see what Mayui Watani does. Obviously she's got a relationship with rossi Ogawa in the Mari Gold promotion, but it's going to be interesting to see if she has gotten all of branches extended from the United States. There's been talk about her following Kyrie saying and in Eo Sharai to WWE AW I would be sure would have some interest in her as well. The most interesting name to me though, is Thekla because no offense to the other women, but she's got a lot less miles on her career right now. She's got a unique style, a unique look, and probably is somebody who is going to be in demand down the line. If these indie dates go well here in the States that AWWWE wouldn't be looking at her because she seems perfect for them.
Speaker 1: You know, last night Dave said that Mautani might end up in WE or AW and a lot of people got mad. I don't know it's going to be Mary Gold. It could be Mary Gold. It could but you know what, WWE and AW are paying a lot of money right now, a lot of money, and they would both want her, and I do not think that that is out of the question at.
Speaker 8: All, Brian, if I were a company trying to make inroads into other areas like it seems like WWE is willing to do at this point. You know, they've already worked with Marigold in the past, so you know, would it really be out of you know, out of character for my Ewaitani to be working for WWE but also beyond these big Marigold shows, And the same could be said for Decla Dekla is oh boy, Hungarian. Maybe she's from somewhere in Europe. I probably screw that one up, but I got the I got the stardom debut date right, so maybe I did on that one as well.
Speaker 9: But from Madan is where she's from.
Speaker 8: Mike, That's not a real place. I know there's a lot of former Eastern Bloc countries with bizarre names, but that is not a real place. She's European of some nature.
Speaker 9: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: God, I know what did you all the time? He has a stickler for facts.
Speaker 9: God, sorry to throw you off. Good start today, guys, Tom, you.
Speaker 1: Don't even know where she's from.
Speaker 10: You guess from she's from Europe?
Speaker 1: God? Anyway, what's your point.
Speaker 10: Well, they're they're trying to get it to Europe as well.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, sure Austrian.
Speaker 10: Sorry Austrian. Had they used to be the same country, My bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, supports. As Maya was mentioned in the past, she dealt with homesickness in the past when she visited the US. Well, I'm sure she did. But you know you mentioned, you mentioned Austria. You know who else is from Austria? Gunther and uh and for years when he was Walter, he also was homesick and said he would never he would never move and uh and then one day he did and that was the end of that. So things change, guys, Things change. We shall see where everybody ends up. But do not rule anything out, especially now with like you know, both AW and WWE. I mean, they're heavy in recruiting mode and they got a lot of money.
Speaker 9: So yeah, it gonna be a lot disappointed Japanese wrestling fans. And I'm sure Adam and I when we do the big Audio Nightmare tomorrow and talk about this. I brought this up before about guys coming over here where you know, it feels like Japanese baseball and American baseball now because America can pay so much, to such a ridiculous degree that there's gonna be a lot of people who end up leaving New Japan and all of these other promotions, maybe a lot earlier than their fans really want them to. But you got to take the opportunities when they're there.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're on a way to the break. But you hear Mina Shirakaw was now with Aw got her debut on a Ring of Honor back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Trying to hold in my frustration.
Speaker 9: All right, give me at least a genre. What has.
Speaker 1: It's uh, but I'm moving on here. I don't want to get in this fight. It's wasting my time. It makes people mad.
Speaker 2: So what else do we got?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 1: Raw is tonight, Rhea Ripley versus Roxanne Perez. We got Seth Paul and Braun Breaker appearing as part of their new faction. Pad McPhee will address the attack by Gunther, which I presume sets of a match, and Becky Lynch will address the attack on Lyra Valcy as I like to call her. That's coming up tonight, and then tomorrow is NXT with Ricky Saints versus Lexus King for the North American title, Hank and Tank versus Briggs and Ina Mura, which actually should be quite a slobber knocker. That's for the tag team titles, and Tony D and Stacks have a face to face.
Speaker 9: I hope Hank and Tank are ready because they're going to get hit really hard.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're ready. You don't think they're gonna hit, They're gonna hit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll tell you what does it hit? According to Stacks, and that's Tony D's mom's risotto.
Speaker 9: Oh that's fighting words.
Speaker 1: That of my Wednesday has got Hangman Page versus Kyle Fletcher and the Owenehart Foundation Tournament's semifinals, which should be great. We got Every time I read this all star eight man tag I immediately think of like nineteen eighty nine Survivor series. We got Kenny Omega, Speedball, Mark Brisco and Kevin Knight against the Young Bucks, Okada and Ricochet.
Speaker 9: If we had to give these teams and names, what would they be?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have to think about that for you.
Speaker 9: Omega's onslaught against you know, the Bucks.
Speaker 1: Versus the speed Balls. Don't know, Tony Storm will less you a title eliminator open challenge. I can't imagine who might accept that. Hurt Syndicate will appear live and MGF will appear live, probably together. But they've listened that as two different segments. So that's the lineup for the next couple of days.
Speaker 9: There, Ramis, that's what sticked you off.
Speaker 1: No, it's nothing like that. Okay, it's people arguing with me about common sense. Okay, I'm trying not to lose it here. God alright, I'm trying to just like talk about something else, So I forget about it, Okay. Raymonds sterio surgery to repair the injury that force and miss Mania forty one. So I thought it was as groin. It was actually as abductor, which is near your groin. I've been told. So he tore it. He's gonna be out for a while. It was when he got yanked out of the ring, just a normal bump, nothing weird about it, and hurt himself. And by the way, I don't really have an update on Leon Slater. If you guys watched the TNA pay per view last night. Lord, this guy did a cent on four p fifty onto about six guys, didn't hit one, not one of them, and splat on the ground. I thought he was dead on a door nail. And he got right back up and kept working. But the impression that I got is he definitely woke up sore, no kidding, I guess to put it mildly.
Speaker 9: Well, we now know why aj Francis played defensive line at the University of Maryland instead of a tight end because he's the biggest guy in the middle of that pile of men who was supposed to catch him and oops a little seven ten split there. I'm gonna ask both of because Brian, I know you have kind of pushed back against this in the past, but dives from a certain height, especially coming down doing four fifties on top of somebody. Cody Hall, Scott Hall's son did get injured while he was working with All Japan. I believe that it was when somebody did a dive and he didn't he was in the wrong position. But at some point, I mean, aren't you putting guys necks and backs on the line way too much? Because one slip of somebody trying to get up to help you catch somebody, and they push you over.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, I'll explain this.
Speaker 9: Tell me why this is not insane.
Speaker 1: Well, i'll tell you it is insane a minute. But I spent too much time on Bryan and Vinnie last night because I was formulating these things in my head. I have a much easier way to explain it now.
Speaker 9: Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: If you're jumping off something high, okay, where there's an added danger to it because of the height, all right, you cannot do a vertical dive onto people standing vertically, Okay, because what happened is it's just like you know whatever now I'm seeing now I'm making.
Speaker 10: It too force.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's you're you're facing the same direction that everyone else is facing, so you can just slide right through them. It happens on Moon Salts, it happens on as i Ez, It happens on Fourth. Anytime where you're rotating on the vertical plane and people are standing vertically, you can like you can miss them. If you want to jump off something really high, you need to dive horizontally onto people standing vertically. Then it's impossible to not catch you. Okay, Like there was a dive last night when it was in that uh the street fight and who was it? Thing on all my notes right here, it was Mustafa Ali went up onto like the second level and he dove off onto Mike Santana and a bunch of Ali's seconds. Okay, Well he did a high cross and so like everybody caught him to the point where nobody budged when they caught him, and then they all had to fall down, and it was it was silly, but it was safe. So going like vertically on a vertical dude's fifteen feet in the air. I mean, it's just it's too dangerous. He should have done a high cross or like a torneo, a vertical torneo or something where like you can't not be caught. But like Charlotte does the moon salt off the post. You know, people miss her hangman.
Speaker 9: More than ever. Now people hit that moon salt and split people.
Speaker 1: Well they land on their feet now because they know they're not going to be caught, right because it's really hard to catch that way.
Speaker 8: So anyway, well, also the angle he was going at was not conducive to catching anybody. No, staying safe. No, as well. You know, like if you're jumping off of a structure, you're not going straight down. You're usually running and jumping, you know what I mean. So you're clearing a greater distance and you're not coming at somebody from the top at the top of their head. You're coming at them where you could.
Speaker 10: See the person.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: This was just dangerous on all all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the easiest catch makes it sick. Yeah. The easiest catch is when you and your opponent are at ninety degree angles, so you're vertical they come at you horizontally, or you're horizontal and they come at you vertically or whatever. You never see a splash where like one guy's feet are facing the turnbuckles and then you jump off and you squish them like this. You would never see that be stupid.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't want to give too much away, but a lot of times, if I'm gonna catch somebody on a moon salt, you know, I'll ask this person where do you want me to be? Do you want me to catch you or do you want me to like shoot underneath you so that you land over the top of me and like smack on my shoulders. And it seems as if nowadays that's the preferred method because people cannot you know, you can't rely on somebody else to catch you.
Speaker 1: Well, think about what the old moon salt even used to be. It used to be you would stand facing away from your opponent and when you jumped, you would kind of like, you know, if they were gonna catch you standing, you would jump and twist and would kind of be like a high cross. It wasn't. And if you were, if you were gonna do it onto the mat, you would be you know, you would do it normal and they would be horizontal to you. But it's recent where it's like I'm gonna do a moon salt and you're gonna catch me standing, but I'm gonna still commit you vertically. So all you see your knees, there's knees flying at your face, and you know, you just get the heck out of the way and then they crash. So anyway, how do we even get into that? Oh, Leon Slater, Leon Slater was hurting this morning. God, that's what's That's why it's nice to be twenty. Ryan Danielson is not twenty. He's forty three, and he was asked about rustling again and he said, no inclination, no desire. He said, six months leading my last match were so hard.
Speaker 9: My was so bad.
Speaker 1: There's things I couldn't do, he said. Is One of his final matches was Okada on October tewod Dynamite. The rules were Ocatta's Continental championship was on the line for just the first twenty minutes. He said, the story should be I'm pushing, pushing, pushing, trying to get the fall downe in the first twenty minutes, but my legs couldn't do it. So that was the point where I was like, I'm not physically able to do some of the things I should that this story requires me to do. He has not gotten next surgery. He's he's trying stem cells. He still may need surgery, but he wants to avoid it. So I would not even expecting a lot of Brian Danielson matches down the road here. What about you, Tom? What about you? And like stem cells or something. You're very crooked.
Speaker 10: More whysically, emotionally, You're a little.
Speaker 1: Crooked in a lot of ways. But I mean, golly, when we were hanging out in Vegas, I was like, this guy looks like he's hurting.
Speaker 9: He needs to go. What's the person you go to?
Speaker 1: It's not a chiro, Well he should start with just a chiropractor and just try to like get straight.
Speaker 10: And then you've seen the witch doctor before, No, you haven't.
Speaker 1: He'd take one look at you and he'd be like, I don't know, man, I don't know. Do you have one of those Oh yeah, you did show me. You showed me your kids thing outside where you hang upside down?
Speaker 9: Yeah, You're like, oh, do you have the structure gimmick, the backstretching gimmick by his legs? Right?
Speaker 2: All? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Does it help?
Speaker 8: I don't think anybody wants to hear about this.
Speaker 1: You mean you don't want to talk about it? Yeah, okay, just trying to help. Hul Cogan and Eric Bischoff are allegedly reuniting for a new project with a mystery third man. Why did I start this?
Speaker 9: At this point?
Speaker 1: I could talk about this for hours. Okay. First off, it's probably like a podcast or something. There's no way they're trying to start a wrestling promotion, like it's just number one, you know, Come on, Houlkin and Bischoff starting a wrestling promotion. The very idea is preposterous. But I mean even if, like even if they had Vince McMahon along with him and he had all this money, It's like, where are you gonna get talent? You know what I'm saying? Like all of the best talent, for the most part is like signed somewhere, and like if you're not signed to one of those two places, why would you go with Hogan and Eric and not you know, wait for one of those other two places.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Back in a moment, it was ever life.
Speaker 7: Okay, let's have a little fun. Do you use the expensive blue pill or performed better? Are you thinking about it? So what if we can promise you results for less than one dollar a pill? Okay, So these same pills can cost you thirty dollars or more at a pharmacy, and our better blue pill works for less than one dollar a pill. You'll save twenty nine dollars or more per pill. And right now we'll give you one hundred and twenty blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Have a little fun and call right now. Get one hundred and twenty of our better blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Don't overpay for the other Blue Pills. Call steel Man Pills right now and get the better blue pill for less than one dollar a pill. Call one eight hundred Buy Blue, one eight hundred buy blue.
Speaker 2: It's easy to remember.
Speaker 7: One eight hundred Buy Blue. That's one eight hundred buy b l ue and thanks for calling.
Speaker 6: Do you need to sell your home? If you sold a home before, you remember how stressful and expensive it was. Sold dot Com is here to help you sell your home for the most money and with the least amount of stress. There are new ways to sell your home that you've never heard of before. Did you know there are companies who'll offer you cash for your home. Did you know you could trade in your home for a new one. Did you know there are realtors who will sell your home for a plant fee instead of an expensive commission.
Speaker 9: It's true.
Speaker 6: Soul dot com services are free, So if you're looking to sell, make this free phone call right now and learn how your next home sale can be faster and easier than you ever thought possible. Pick up your cell phone and call right now. Eight hundred two five one seven eight one six eight hundred two five one seven eight one six eight hundred two five one seven eight one six. That's eight hundred two five one seventy eight sixteen.
Speaker 3: Now you can get the incredible weight loss results that thousands of people have had with the top name brand prescription weight loss products, all in the comfort of your own home with this free offer from New Hope Weight Loss. Yes, generic versions of the popular weight loss prescription products are available now by you simply making a phone call. You'll save hundreds of dollars over traditional retail pricing. When you call right now, you'll speak with one of our virtual doctors and they'll provide your prescription and will send you your medication. It's that easy, and you'll be on your way to your weight loss journey in a matter of days. And when you order today, will waive the one hundred dollars doctor Spee. This product is not covered by your insurance. It's only one hundred and ninety nine dollars a month. Paul right now to learn more.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred two eight one eight nine four four, eight hundred two eight one eight nine four four, eight hundred two eight one eight nine four four. That's eight hundred two eighty one eighty nine forty four.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Here on the show, Brian Alvarez here, Oh, I see what happened.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tom doesn't want me to make any mention of anything, so uh, I won't. All right, We're back here on the show, Brian, Mike Simpervie. There's always there's always what's the mystery?
Speaker 8: Oh, people don't want to talk about anything, do they?
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about some stuff, but I'm not gonna maybe maybe later this week. Maybe later this week.
Speaker 9: You know, you know what it is, Go ahead, you know what it is.
Speaker 1: It's like I really want AW to succeed, and like I see these things that happen all the time, and like they're little things that add up. But I always bang heads with these absolute hardcore AW fans who want like nothing to change, Like everything is fine and everything is good, and why do we need this is a big one. Why do we need video packages? It's okay for the announcer to just say something, I don't want video package. I don't want to be a hammer. It's just like, God, come on, man, Like this is basic common sense business to like have video packages on all your shows in case people missed it. Okay, I know you who are arguing with me. Never misses a show. I know you who are arguing with me. If you do miss a show, you find some way to go back. And okay, that's not everybody, and that's not even most people. Do you understand this guy today? Now I'm off? He says to me, are you ready?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, because I was arguing about why we needed video packages for like, you know, RAPONGI Vice apparently like they reunited and turned heel and like, I missed one show. I have no idea what's going on? And he says, for God's sake, use your TV time to reward your viewers who are watching, not to catch up the people who I may have missed the show because it was WrestleMania week. Okay, bro, come on listen. First off, that's that's passive aggressive behavior. Okay, So the promotion is to be like, oh, you skipped our show for another show, Well screw you, We're not gonna We're not gonna tell you what happened. You know you should have watched our show. That to me, as a fan, makes me feel like, dude, really, like there was a lot of shows that weekend. I had other stuff. I'm not cheating on you because there's other stuff that I had to watch, dude, like if the angle's important, like do a replay or whatever. And then the other thing is here's the thing about. Yes, you should reward your fans. You should you know your loyal fans or loyal fans and everything like that. But let me tell you, this isn't wrestling, guys. This is business. Okay. You own a business and X number of customers visit your business regularly. Okay, they're regular customers. Okay, no matter how well you treat them. If you have five hundred customers, okay, regular customers, over the course of five years, you will not have those same five hundred customers anymore. Okay. Some of them are going to die, some of them are going to move. Some of them, no matter how loyal they are, they're going to find another store nearby. And so, no matter what business you have, no matter how many customers or clients or whatever you have, you will always slowly be losing them. And if you do not replace them with new customers, you will go out of business. You will slowly trickle down and your business will die. There's one at the bottom of the hill. It's called Right Aid. Okay, the same people have been going to this Right Aid for seventy five years. I wandered in there the other day. There's no one there under the age of seventy five. They're all the same old people. Right Aid is not getting new young people to go to their store. They're and you know what, the show will The store will remain in business until tragically those people die, and then they will have no other customers. Okay, I don't care how much you like aw You are slowly going to lose viewers, and if you don't replace them with new viewers, the show will trickle into death. Okay, Now, how do you get new viewers to watch the show? Well, if they miss a show, you help bring them up to speed. If they miss an angle, you help bring them up to speed. You don't punish them for missing a show. You don't say you know what, you should have watched over Mania weekend, or you should have flown home on Tuesday and found a way to watch collisions so you know what happens. You don't act passive aggressive to the people who are not the die hard fans. Yes, if you're a hardcore fan, you can like give them a little extra or whatever, you know, treat them right. But you must create a new audience. You must presume every show your goal is to create a new fan.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 1: Why is this even an argument. There's a reason that WWE now is significantly larger than they were in twenty nineteen. They didn't just please the fans they had in twenty nineteen. In twenty nineteen, they were losing fans hand over fist. So they found a way to not only replace the fans that they lost, but also create new fans on top of that. So if they had one thousand fans I'm just using an easy number, and they've lost five hundred of them over the last six years, they not only have got five hundred new fans to replace those people, but they've created another five hundred new fans on top of that, because now they have fifteen hundred fans. Okay, so how did they do that? Well, every show you're led by the hand because you may be a new viewer on any given day. I miss a show here and there, like I missed I think I missed this week's n XT. I think I missed a show, but like, I have no question what's going on because they told me everything when I tuned in on the next show. Unlike aw were oftentimes I miss one show, not even Dynamite a collision. I miss one show, and then next time I watched the show, I'm like, Trent's back, he's a heel. No, it's not enough to say Trent and Rocky reunited. They did. I even asked tamout, like I said, what happened? He goes? They they got involved in a match afterwards. I was like, against who he goes? I don't remember it was against Uh, He's like trying to remember what happened. They could have just showed just what happened, unless it's not important, in which case don't. Okay, but I'd like to think that Raponkivice reuniting and Trent coming back and being healthy enough to wrestle, and in Rocky turning heel and being a new tag team. Now, I like to think that's important. So like, show me what happened. If I miss the show, I just feel like I argue the same thing over and over and I'm just like pushed back on. No, we don't need recaps. No, we don't need recaps. It's up to the fans. It's up to the fans to figure out what's going on. It's up to the fans to like what is going on with Jeff, Jared and the oddities. I don't have any idea. I have to make it up in my head. What's happening here.
Speaker 9: That doesn't seem ideal? And you know what, Rocky and Trend are back together. There were pong Ice. Maybe you ought to explain that to everybody who is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know how many people have never even heard of her Pongkivice.
Speaker 9: A lot look Kenny Omega and Kazuchko Okada. For a lot of people who never saw Kazuchko Okada in New Japan, they cannot look at him in his aw form and get the fact that he was one of the great wrestlers I frankly of all time. And frankly, Omega and Okada together and New Japan were did amazing things. Like you may need to explain this backstory a lot more. Otherwise it's just this guy who is a complete cartoon who drops you know, the B word constantly. It's like, you know, okay, Yeah, his reputation is there. Start showing video packages, start hyping this thing up. It's supposed to be one of the cornerstones of your WrestleMania show coming up, and Okada is still playing goofball with Hangman Page. I mean, that's something you got to drive home to people that don't know about their story to try to make them care about it.
Speaker 1: See, I watched that TNA pl e. I went live over Wrestlmingia weekend, went to TNA. I had a good time at a fun time. The next day, Joe Hendry shows up at WrestleMania and whatever you think about the whole thing, it's like, wow, you know there's a TNA World Champion on WrestleMania. And so like this week over the weekend, you know, me, Vine and Craig, all of us were like, man, let's watch that TNA pay per view. Okay, I don't know what's going on. I don't watch TNA. Okay. So, like I watched the pay per view, and I will say they did a pretty good job. But as a first time viewer, there were things where it's like, who is this woman running in and why? And then they like the best they did was they threw her name out and I was like, that doesn't help. Who is she? Why is she interfering? And then you know, they kind of explained it there at the end, but like they had video packages for all the matches, and I would say, you know, I largely was kind of brought up to speed by how they did things on the pay per view, but they could have done better. And yes, as a fan, it does irritate me when WWE presumes they have a new audience and Michael Cole goes into Michael Cole mode where he has to over explain everything. But you know what, if I'm really a fan of WWE, then I will accept that because the point of it is to create new fans and grow the product and the business so I can watch a show and see seventeen thousand people there going haywire for everything that's going on, It's worth it to me as a fan to suffer a little bit with something that I find a little irritating if it's for the good of the entire company. And it's the same thing with a W and TNA and everyone else. Yes, you may not like recaps, that's fine, but do you like a W because if you're a fan, you should accept those because there's a reason for them, and it's called growing your business. Golly, I'm sorry, everybody.
Speaker 9: Sorry, needed to be said. It needed to be said, boss. These people need to know.
Speaker 8: Enough said.
Speaker 1: How'd you like SmackDown, Tom? You're a Smackdow reviewer.
Speaker 8: I thought it was a really good show.
Speaker 10: I mean that main event five stars, if you ask me, that was pretty awesome.
Speaker 8: TLC match between the Street Profits DIY and MotorCity machine Guns off the charts.
Speaker 10: And no commercials, not even I will yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: Anyways, I watched it, you know, start to finish, and it was fantastic, Like I said, but it wasn't overly dangerous, you know what I mean. Sometimes some of these matches rely on stuff that is just so over the top and violent, and this was not one of those. This was creative. It hit all the right spots at the right times. And I think it's, you know, one of the god one of the best tag matches of the year. You don't think it's, Brian, Is this up there with your vaunted speed jet Take it on? The Young Bucks from last week were the best tag matches of the year in one week.
Speaker 1: Oh It's like, who's the speed jet?
Speaker 9: I got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a great match, that Young Bucks match. But you know what, you know, there was one difference between the the Young Bucks match and that TLC match. I like the aw commentary team a lot, but holyokes, this Joe Testitur. I told you, bro, I told you. Hey, listen, people think I won't admit I was wrong. Man, I was wrong, Dude. I thought, oh my god, here we are bringing another guy from outside of wrestling. He has a sports background. They've done this countless times. They come and go. It's like, you know, but this guy is not only great, but he is the best commentator in WWE. He's better than Wade Barrett. I mean, he's better than everybody. He's better than Corey Graves. I know people love Corey Graves. Joe Testador is the best commentator in all of WWE. He is freaking awesome. He's miles better than Michael Cole. He's just great.
Speaker 10: Jiminey Christmas, you know, is this the strongest commentary team they've had.
Speaker 8: Bottom Definitely in a long time, I would say, But really.
Speaker 9: Your bench is essentially Corey Graves in NXT, who was fantastic at what he does. I mean, you know, you see where they're at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's something else, dude. And there's like no bad commentators. Some people will say Booker t but like he entertains me. He's not the sole commentator. He's he's like he's color commentary. What's color commentary supposed to be? Brings some color to the show. I got a guy calling all the moves and everything like that and telling the stories, and then you got Booker saying shucky ducky quack quack here and there. It makes me laugh, makes me mad. He brings emotion out of me much better than a robot.
Speaker 9: Which is what you want out of these guys. Like there's people that don't like Joe tessitur doing football, college football and other things, but that's Gus Johnson is another person who's a lightning rod. But you're also not going to watch the game because they're on there. Pat McAfee can be really annoying sometimes and maybe you know, it's we'll see how it goes with the gun. Third thing, maybe they should give him some time off, you know, before he comes back. But it's break time back in.
Speaker 1: A moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: In the show, Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Alive, Lance texta he goes, I just watched a Bosh Legacy on Amazon as a streaming series. Nobody is watching episode four without seeing episode one. However, they do a previously on recap before every episode just to remind you of important stuff on the previous show because people with a life can't remember everything.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, yeah, some people shade, but it's true.
Speaker 8: Guess what they do before every single fight in the UFC They show you a little recap about the guy because more than likely you don't know who the hell they are if throw on the undercard.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but it helps a lot.
Speaker 1: It does help a lot. Tom, what do you got coming up?
Speaker 9: Hello?
Speaker 8: Yes, May tenth MLW in Chicago sold out, so if you don't have your tickets yet, you're probably not gonna be there The next day, May eleventh, Asbury Park, New Jersey. I'm taking on the one called Manders for the wx W title for JCW Jersey Championship Wrestling the following week aiw Wrestling at the Globe in Cleveland, and then the day after that, Brian, it's you and me and.
Speaker 10: Kurt Angle.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. We'll be plugging that more in the next couple of weeks, but if you're in the Spokane area, make sure you grab your tickets. And now a live podcast with myself Filthy for Daily with Kurt Angle everything. I'd say it all right, We got to wrap it up, everybody, but I'll be back later on tonight with Dave, David and I were up last night and a Brian Davinian Craig show talking to TNA pay per view. Lots of up there, more coming up tonight, and that's it everybody. We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.