Speaker 1: I got it on button the top of the same you should this feels like Thanksgiving dinner right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh man, it feels so much better.
Speaker 3: I mean, I should really just stick to elasteak.
Speaker 2: I'm holding so much, and.
Speaker 1: You know, I really do feel like there's a lot of emotions in the belly, like feelings really are like gas.
Speaker 3: There's more like once you let it go, you feel better.
Speaker 2: Let go, like ass.
Speaker 3: I got the Frozen remix. Let it go, let your gas.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, it feels I've never really button my top button in public that I am aware.
Speaker 2: Of, and this feels not even on your shirt, not even on my shirt.
Speaker 5: But it's good.
Speaker 2: I guess I feel a little. I don't know what's gonna happen, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I know it's a slippery slope.
Speaker 3: Relaxation, bitch. Hey everybody, I'm Michel Blutel.
Speaker 4: And I'm Jordan Carlos, and welcome to Adulting from w ny CC Videos, the podcast where we learned how to be grown ass adults together together.
Speaker 6: Oh so you're going to lifegon?
Speaker 3: Have you been feeling very adult this week?
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 5: Great, good story, guys.
Speaker 1: We recorded this episode at unk, really great people.
Speaker 2: I know we had sisters of Meta. She's so great.
Speaker 3: She's so fashionable.
Speaker 4: She's like if the afro punk festival, like We're Sentient could talk speaking.
Speaker 3: Of afro punk. She's got a story about that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh and Kate.
Speaker 7: Walsh, Kate Walsh.
Speaker 3: Kate Walsh is the business. I mean, she's Hollywood royalty.
Speaker 5: What would you say, the salt of the earth.
Speaker 2: I would say, sell to the earth. I think she's a real deal and I like that.
Speaker 4: She's like I am what I am, very popeye, very very cool, very down to earth.
Speaker 3: Okay what very pop pun cool?
Speaker 5: All right, but enough about us.
Speaker 3: We need to get to them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but also more us.
Speaker 5: That done well, make some noise. If you've been to the show.
Speaker 8: Before, you the straight white Dud's just like, I gotta go again.
Speaker 5: I gotta sit in the front.
Speaker 2: You're a good man, Charlie Brown, thank you for coming.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: My husband is white and I just like and he's bald, and I think it's like beautiful and salty, but it's you ever kissed.
Speaker 5: The ball for him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? My dad's he's.
Speaker 1: My little Bruce Willis, but he's not into products. And I'm like, put the products on and I was just like, it got me to thinking nobody got the sex.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 1: Nobody did everyone I know, they're like insecure the black sex in the city.
Speaker 5: I got it. I am older than you.
Speaker 1: I what would be Like, what is a deal breaker in a relationship, Like you're dating someone in there perfect You're like, oh my god, I love the way they treat me and they feed my soul. If I'm gonna argue with somebody, it's got to be that person. But like, what is the thing. And I was talking to my friend about it, and she was like, I was in love with this guy. He was amazing this, that and the other. Everything worked out, was working out. And then she saw him pick his nose and eat his booker, you.
Speaker 2: Gotta pick and flick. You cannot eat it. I cannot eat it. Kids, I know.
Speaker 5: And now they're married, No they're not. She broke up.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't even know, Like at this point, I've been with my husband eleven years. I don't even know that would be a deal breaker for me because I feel like guys are fucking.
Speaker 2: Gross, Like, yeah, we're gross, We're gross.
Speaker 4: Yeah we've been over this and we're disgusting. Filthy animals.
Speaker 5: But no, I'm just like, what are the fucking deal breakers?
Speaker 2: I think deal I mean deal breakers are probably you know.
Speaker 1: It was a deal breaker for me. One time I was on a date. Guy was very nice. We went to like some sort of fucking lounge.
Speaker 5: I ordered a Cosmo. This is how long ago it was.
Speaker 1: Everything is leading back to sex and the city. He paid for two cosmos eighteen dollars with quarters.
Speaker 2: I like this guy. I like this guy, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, this guy is gonna have no laundry day and there's no way I could suck your dick, you know what I mean, Like I can't respect you took your allowance for laundry to try and get some puss, Like I respect the game, but I can't fuck with it.
Speaker 5: Get out of here.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: Deal breaker for me it was I dated someone that never said please or thank you.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 2: Manners, Yeah, manners are big manners. Maketh man like if you want.
Speaker 5: Like I was like, like, no one went to church, but just.
Speaker 4: Pouring, Like like we'd be on a date and then the guy would pour the water and then she'd be like, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean, I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: You know, Like this guy, like anytime somebody would come check it, please, folks just say thank you.
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't, you should die in a fire.
Speaker 5: What if they're in the fire and they're like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about that water?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't like when people are like overly, like they gotta make eye contact way everybody, and they gotta have a fucking mom.
Speaker 4: And why, like you're basically describing my life.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I also find it like when couples fight in front of you. Yes, yes, that's awkward as fuck.
Speaker 2: You have to, you have to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a lot, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: And this is why it's always gonna be hard having in laws or whatever the fuck, because it's like you've had your whole life to like sort of get used to your family and now all of a sudden you're gonna be with somebody else's.
Speaker 5: Family and they have bullshit. It's like I'll be over here in the corner drinking rose. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that that points to a certain insecurity, right, Like if you if you argue in front of people, you need an audience for your argument.
Speaker 5: The audience, Yes, you need that, And so I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 5: I don't like it, but.
Speaker 2: I hate that. I'm always like, well, that's gonna in flashed back to my parents.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, not bad, you know, like it's Tonice my fault, you know it. Yes, And then you try to be like the couple's therapists. You're like, well, what he's trying to say? Shut up? He always does this.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm not doctor Phil. I'm gonna go Yeah, that's make some noise. If you're the couple that argues, there's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be an argument about that, all right, No, it's okay. Like my my wife, if we get into.
Speaker 4: It, like she's like Brooklyn, She's deep Brooklyn, so she definitely you don't you don't you never are you in public?
Speaker 2: She'll be like getting the house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: I told my husband that too one time, Like I heard my first Christmas in Holland. I was with all these white people who were like the same height with the same eye color.
Speaker 5: I was like, the fuck is this? This is like the first thirty minutes of the Hills Have Eyes.
Speaker 1: Everyone looks alone place and when the government comes in with the fucking experiment what's going on? And so they're all like arguing in Dutch. I'm like, why is everyone arguing? You know what I mean, you live in a very great country. My husband starts to get fucking stressed and shit, and then he snaps at me and it was like our first Christmas together, and I was.
Speaker 5: Like, ooh, what you're not gonna do?
Speaker 1: Like, don't make me be this bitch in front of all these classy white people right now?
Speaker 5: What's gonna happen?
Speaker 1: So I pulled them aside and I was just like United Front, motherfucker United mother fucking Front verbatim.
Speaker 5: I almost like, you got some shit with me. You tell me over dear, like you tell me over dead.
Speaker 1: And he's like European and honest and weird, like even when people are over and like I'm trying to let him know.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, God, talk to you in the kitchen. He's like, it's open concept, you can say it here.
Speaker 7: I'm like, that's why you have to.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think that is an adulting thing. This show is about growing up, maturity and adulting. And you know, when you know when you go like like on a on a double date and when you like when they argue in front of you.
Speaker 2: Oh my good, it's kind of bad.
Speaker 4: But then at the end when you're when you're on your way home, you're in the car, you're like, you know what, we're better than them.
Speaker 2: Best part next month.
Speaker 4: Next ye.
Speaker 1: This moral the story is, if you want to find out how strong your relationship is, hang out with people who are about to break up.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to adult All right, we're gonna take some questions from the audience.
Speaker 2: Proper way to put on socks and shoes?
Speaker 4: No sock, sock, shoe shoe or sock shoe sock shoe?
Speaker 1: Are you going to take my skin and make a dress?
Speaker 5: Fuck?
Speaker 2: Got a couple of trolls in here.
Speaker 5: How do you put the lotion in the basket? Lotion basket?
Speaker 9: Basket?
Speaker 1: Low sho you wear crapy?
Speaker 2: Everybody knows is it's shoe, shoes, sock sock. You learn that the first day of kindygun you go around with your little size. What the fuck can.
Speaker 4: You be to hashtag adults too early? Is that just being lame?
Speaker 5: Oh? Is that like taking yourself too seriously? Is that what you meant?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I love kids that take them so I love a little Benjamin Button. I'm into it.
Speaker 4: My daughter is very I have a very serious daughter, and I love her level of rabbitas because we gave her this book about like minority female like leaders, right, it's just like little leaders of color and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she goes, I've been meaning to read this. You're six, You're six years old?
Speaker 11: What the.
Speaker 4: It's on your Amazon wishless?
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 5: How much is your four to one k roth IRA contribution? Is my accountant?
Speaker 2: How much is your IRA contribution? I mean to who I mean to?
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 2: Your question? Maxis Max's out? MAXI is out?
Speaker 4: I don't know, Lowell, go ahead, I don't know what that? Yeah, Loan, at the very minimum, you got to meet the company match, right, because otherwise you're leaving ass on the table.
Speaker 2: Meet the motherfucking company match. What why the fu you think you are? Goldman Ship Vanda?
Speaker 5: Can I get a rose on ice in a big cup?
Speaker 2: That's a true ordered it to get the company match?
Speaker 5: And what is this the fucking Senate sit down? Very excited to bring our next guest to the motherfucker show.
Speaker 1: She has so much going on. I can't wait to catch up with her about it. It's like the only time I see her when I book a first show.
Speaker 5: God damn it. And she's a really great busy vacation buddy too. And she's got a bunch of shows in New York. You should check out. Please give it up for our friend.
Speaker 6: Cheers.
Speaker 12: Yes, yes, yes, yes, Blan Blane, Blanton, Savanna and Burning.
Speaker 9: Yes bitches, bad bitch.
Speaker 13: Well, you've been talking a lot.
Speaker 5: I talk a lot, right, Jordan's what is going on. I'm back for like a week. We moved to Los Angeles.
Speaker 13: I was talking like five months ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, you original you're originally from originally from Indiana.
Speaker 9: I've lived really we made it out.
Speaker 5: You go to college in Virginia.
Speaker 9: Yeah, to college in Virginia and moved here and lived in New York for nine years.
Speaker 13: Okay, and now I'm in the LA.
Speaker 5: You lived in New York for nine years and you booked and.
Speaker 13: L Yeah it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I'm just saying, and so now you're in LA.
Speaker 13: Now I'm in LA.
Speaker 5: Tell me about it.
Speaker 9: I like it. It's when I'm first me there, I was like, it's too hot, it's ugly, and then now I'm like, the sunsets are beautiful and it's nice to take a stroll every once in a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I also have like a.
Speaker 9: Ton of close friends who already moved there before I did, so I don't have.
Speaker 5: That start over.
Speaker 1: I feel like New York, and I say this all the time, is such a great education for anybody the first year here. No matter what you're doing, you're just like, oh, this is how you survive.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 9: I do feel safer in New York than La, okay, because there's always people on the street.
Speaker 5: Yes, there's always lights.
Speaker 13: Like there's times where you're in LA and you're walking down.
Speaker 9: To your car and you're like, it's dark and there's one other person on the street with palm trees.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's nothing around. There's nothing around.
Speaker 13: So yeah, I do miss the comune that is here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: LA was hard for me because like, I'm the only one that went there and gained weight. Everyone said it was hard to have dinner parties because everyone was fasting or late, and I was like, what the fuck? And then like I just missed wearing turtlenecks. I felt like a Diane Caaton movie that needs to happen. I was like, I need a fucking turtle yet ribbed.
Speaker 5: Let's go Jack Nicholson. But anyways, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like every year of your life something happens, like something beautiful, like you create something really nice, like what happened with you in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 9: Hmmm, this is something I created, or like it's a beautiful thing that.
Speaker 1: Happens a beautiful man. Ooh, I know something that happened between us that was crazy. We go to afro Punk. We get in, you know, the line of afro punk is fucking crazy. We're not even there five minutes. So she's just like, I think I need a chair. I'm like, you need a what? And then she falls down like Lisa vander Palm on Dancing with the Stars, just just a graceful faint in mixed print.
Speaker 13: I looked great doing it.
Speaker 5: You look good doing it so much so I was like, is this sick? I was like, psych get up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this was this was like this is bad adulting. This was because I showed up to her place, didn't eat. Kenny and I were like running late and we're like do we just got to get there and we knew there was gonna be food and booze there, but there was like half a sandwich left and so we're like, okay, and I know, and.
Speaker 2: You come early if you want to eat.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 9: And I came late and so I had half a sandwich two glasses of rose because I was like, I'm gonna have that. And then we went into the direct sunlight and just stood around and I was like, I'm getting really hot and dizzy, and.
Speaker 13: You were saying I don't know what you were talking about.
Speaker 5: We were talking as you are as I I was talking. I was like, is she listening? This is so I was.
Speaker 9: Like, what a terrible listener? Yeah, because I was like looking around, I was like, where are seats? And then I was like I think and he said dan, and You're like.
Speaker 5: Uh huh. Anyway, I was like, how broke? You need to sit down in the middle of my stores and then.
Speaker 9: Yeah, then I passed out and I don't remember that part.
Speaker 1: I just like went black and that was scary. But then all of a sudden, there was just like.
Speaker 13: A black girl who my angel.
Speaker 1: She was an angel like with braids, and she she acted like she was like in Gray's Anatomy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was just like what's her pulse? She like opened her eyes and she's like is she breathing? What are her teeth look like?
Speaker 1: I'm like, what the She has a bunch of questions. I was like, I think she's a piss. She was insaneing about and I was too high to be like what. And she was like did she just have marijuana? I was like, who didn't?
Speaker 5: Is Afro punk?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And then she's like say, She's like you smoke nothing?
Speaker 2: Say nothing?
Speaker 9: Yeah, because the security was coming over and they want to kick us out, and.
Speaker 5: I was like, we just paid for these tickets. I got here, honey.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: She's like, just tell them that you drank too much and you didn't eat anything.
Speaker 5: And I was like that's the truth. You're so right.
Speaker 13: But I also did have edibles and that was like, what was I thinking?
Speaker 5: You were hungry and you ate edible?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean it, so I stopped that up. I mean it just like it came all of the same.
Speaker 5: But what's so crazy is that this lady disappeared in the night like the fucking witch.
Speaker 1: She was never there, dropped down, she was just like how is she doing?
Speaker 5: She was about to give you mouth to mouth and I was like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 4: Eric?
Speaker 11: Do?
Speaker 1: And then security comes and she's like, speak this to no one? Why after a punk isn't walk out?
Speaker 5: She was a Brown City angel. I was like, yeah, yeah, I feel like she did.
Speaker 9: Mention at some point that her parents were doctors. So I was like, okay, did she I miss that?
Speaker 5: I heard that part.
Speaker 1: She was pope, it's handled. I was like, bye, bye's handled.
Speaker 2: But here's here's the question. What did you learn from from like feigning an afro pone? What did you learn? Like, you have to like eat that.
Speaker 5: I definitely have to eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a part of adulting. That is a part of adulting.
Speaker 5: What did you learn from people don't come on?
Speaker 4: People don't eat their breakfast and then they're at the office right that they're like, eat and eat it Manning, and you know, I hate it.
Speaker 1: That's it was a peeve of mine in movies when like parents make their kids breakfast and then they're like I don't need to mom and leave them like.
Speaker 5: They take a grape and they run out. Yeah, it was a full spread scrambled eggs for your ass.
Speaker 1: If my mom scramble eggs without complaining about that ship, I eat all that ship.
Speaker 5: Sorry, this has nothing to do with the show.
Speaker 9: Hey, I also I haven't like taken edibles or smoked any weeds since then.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, because I just I think I can't handle it.
Speaker 2: Do you have what she learned? You can? You can't handle it?
Speaker 9: I think I can handle it. I mean it's because that's not the first time I've had edibles in like ruined my nights or other people's nights.
Speaker 13: So I'm like, maybe I'm bad at this.
Speaker 5: So I'll just that is very fucking responsible. Yeah, I think so. I wish.
Speaker 1: My husband asks me all the time when we have people over for dinner. He's like, please don't black out, and I'm like, I'll try.
Speaker 9: What one adulting thing I need to work on it is being late all the time?
Speaker 5: You want to be late?
Speaker 9: No, I I want to stat being so like it's I can see how I can't affect people's perception of you because I've done projects where people are like, I've suggested people like what if this person was joined us with this thing, and they're like, oh, they're always late.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be a.
Speaker 9: Waste of time, and like, shit, I don't want anyone to say that about me, you know, like, oh, well, she's gonna slow production down for whatever reason because she's going to show up late.
Speaker 13: Or whatever the thing is.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't.
Speaker 13: I'm always like five to ten minutes late everything.
Speaker 5: Well you were three hours like last time. But oh to your party, for sure.
Speaker 13: I was hours late, yes, but no party but no, it's like a pre game party.
Speaker 5: But I get it. I understand.
Speaker 1: I love that you like your The things on your adult list is like the afternoon we had.
Speaker 9: It was like yeah, yes, not being so late all the time, not doing edible and not doing edibles and also eat if you're gonna do something intense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 12: Well you made it to the show, so sure, yes, yes, more yes, Wow, wow wow who.
Speaker 13: Welcome back to Adult.
Speaker 1: The last guest of the evening. She's fucking amazing. She's a powerhouse. She's kind, she's smart, she's talented. I love this lady so much that I know you will too, and I know you already do.
Speaker 5: Please give it up for Kay.
Speaker 2: Day don't Koodoo dance. Oh my god, it's so good, Sad.
Speaker 5: Dances, glad dance, this white girl dance.
Speaker 4: Well, I want to give it up for your sassy boots. I think those are really awesome.
Speaker 13: Sassy boots, tay Good at a high sass level, Tay Good.
Speaker 5: Okay, we want to know everything about Yeo Shin. I'm gonna lebra and joy long walks on the beat?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are there any other kind of walks on the bay slow motion?
Speaker 5: I do feel like no matter what underwear I wear, if I run in it, it will be a thong, gonna be a wedgie. Do you say wedgie, You're snuggie. Do you say wedgie? I say wedgie.
Speaker 11: It's regional, you're snuggie. I grew up in California and Arizona, Son.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so what like crop tops, tank tops, shorts? Did you shot I had?
Speaker 11: We had was like part kind of dirty hippie in part like op like op shorts.
Speaker 5: And Hawaii is that ocean Pacific?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And then and then and then burken Stock so too?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, who watched a party? Basically it was Jason confused. Where I grew up was like my husband was literally that. It was very pretty innocent.
Speaker 2: Part.
Speaker 11: Yeah, there was always some dude that was twenty one buying kegs for everyone.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: I did go to a party once.
Speaker 11: I did the thing at fourteen where I told my parents I was spending the night at my friend's house at Paulina Navarro's house, and Paulina and Navarro was spending the night at my house.
Speaker 2: Note.
Speaker 11: We went to the party that the twenty one year old guy was having and the theme was Toga Hawaiian or punk rock.
Speaker 5: Because you had options. Yeah, we had options. And then I was making out with a dude and then my Pauline came out to me. She's like, your brother, your stepdad's here. No, did they try and find you? Yes? I had to like quickly.
Speaker 11: It was.
Speaker 5: It was awful. That's terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you like sneak in like hoochi mamma clothes and your backpack just like walk out?
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 5: I was like in my Hawaiian gear, pissed. I was like the Hawaiian girl.
Speaker 11: It was so ridiculous. It was the one time, yeah I got, I got slapped hard. My parents were like, you are in big trouble, damn you old school. You got I slapped yeah, on the front porch too.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: Did I take this save.
Speaker 5: Davids come to visit. I'm super duking.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, it is so okay, well not not walk me through it, but so walk me through it through which part? There's so much there, there's a lot, like, there's a lot to unpack. It's one of my least favorite verbs.
Speaker 5: Are you triggered? Should we unpackaged yourself? I hate unpackage. You gotta pack that the suitcase.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: I hate what people are like. It's an onion, so many layers. I'm like, stop, okay, sorry, what kind of what kind of teenage were you?
Speaker 2: Were you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: Were you all the way rebellions or you just like no?
Speaker 11: I was like I was like a human mullet, you know, like business in the front, party in the rear, like I got really good.
Speaker 5: I was like I was got good grades. I partied only on weekends. I had my parents, We had my oldest sister's ex husband. This is so it's like he had this.
Speaker 11: He was a pop farmer in northern California and I think until recently until his became legal. Now it's all but it's like crazy, but he had this crazy wheat, like the higher line whatever the hydroponic is that?
Speaker 5: Kids, I'm your mom?
Speaker 11: Is it the.
Speaker 2: It's a very limited amount of.
Speaker 11: Wrong. Well, he was on his way to Mexico with his lady, his special lady, and he stopped by our house and dropped off for our for our hospitality.
Speaker 5: He gave my parents a dining bag and they spoke like once a season. So I was like, leave it to me.
Speaker 11: I got it and I would pinch it. And this stuff was seriously hallucinogenic. This was like edibles, but in nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 5: It was crazy. So I was sort of the toast of Catalia High School in twos on Arizona.
Speaker 11: To me, if you had the good stuff, oh my god, if you're tired of the desert dirt weed, come on.
Speaker 5: Over, very sure of yourself. Who were you in college? In college, I was a dropout?
Speaker 2: Nice, get it off.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. Did you always listen to your inner voice?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: I tried not to.
Speaker 11: And when I tried not to, I would get physically sick. Like if you try to be something for me. If I tried to go down a road, it just wasn't working right, and I got sort of depressed and miserable, and then I I just want to be an actor soul, and I didn't like the acting program with you guys, so I split and started doing it.
Speaker 5: Waited a lot of tables, a lot of waste yourself. Oh my god, I love that. Yeah, that's I mean.
Speaker 1: But I feel like just if more people would do that with whatever they want to do, wouldn't people just be happier?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, I feel so lucky actually to you know.
Speaker 11: My dad was you know, he immigrated from Ireland, music kid who worked really hard. He fought and with two tours in career, he had a really hard life. Was an orphanage here and then it was sort of that thing like I had the opportunity to literally pursue my dreams and go after it. As cheesy or corny as that sounds, it's true and I'm like that's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm getting chills. My right nipples hard. I love. I was wondering about the right one because like it's the right one going to go off at people do. What was what was auditioning like when you first started? He's like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: What, No, I agree, you concur sometimes.
Speaker 5: Wait what what was auditioning like when you first started? Oh my god, awful, I mean horrible. Yeah.
Speaker 2: How often did you want to quit? Though? Did you ever want? Like all the time?
Speaker 5: I was the quintessential bitter waitress like when I just smoke, I would. I was just in New York the nineties.
Speaker 11: When I moved, I lived in Chicago, did theater there, got my equity car. Then came here and I would be smoking and my brother would come in to see me on my ship. I was just at the bar, smoking and putting it out and going to serve the people just better.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I can't do it anymore.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 5: I just can't. And he'd be like, what are you gonna do? I was like, I'll teach. He's like, you did dropped out of college.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, so you kind of gave your like you had no other option. It was like only four words.
Speaker 11: I didn't have any other Well, I mean, I could have gone back to school. But I also I really did love it, but you I did. You have to be some kind of bit of a masochist to keep going through it.
Speaker 5: I really really love it. And then you have to have luck, and then you have to be I think a little bit good.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 11: You are.
Speaker 5: You are famous. How do you trust people like friends or you know? I don't trust you. I don't trust any of you.
Speaker 2: I don't feel comfort.
Speaker 5: I feel safe. I'm triggered.
Speaker 1: You should track, you should always trust somebody with big titties and freckles.
Speaker 11: We are I mean, I don't know who doesn't want to moti about you? Right? No?
Speaker 5: I wait, what was the question? How do you how do you know?
Speaker 1: How do you trust someone you like? Have any do you have any low key stories of just being like ooh, I knew that bitch was no good?
Speaker 11: Ooh yeah in the beginning, I think when you know, right around when Grey's anatomy happened and we all got like very kind of well known publicly for the first time most of us, you have some people like you know that want to help you out, and then you're like, oh, you're actually skimming money.
Speaker 5: Off of this or that, and you're like and and so it's not easy. But I don't know.
Speaker 11: Luckily I didn't have too many bad But then he gets some weird people from childhood be like, Heyross, does that happen?
Speaker 5: I mean, does that happened to?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Facebook is terrible, Yeah, terrible, because you're like, of course I want.
Speaker 2: To always Yeah, that's the answer to that question.
Speaker 5: Yeahs in his skirt. Yeah I care. So relationship wise, we talk about this all the time.
Speaker 1: Talk about deal breakers, Yeah, the booker and eating the bookers and all sort of stuff. But like a lot of book a lot of booker talk. What is your deal Like, what is a huge deal breaker for you? It could be gross, it could be whatever.
Speaker 5: The food's basic. Lying Lying is a deal breaker, Okay, I mean I guess I just don't. That's just such a hard one to repair her. If somebody lies, you didn't trust right. Lying is hard. Lying as hard recover. How do you recover from it?
Speaker 1: It's so crazy, And like I had to really like believe my husband, like because he's Dutch, and so I really try to read his emails with your own Dutch, and I try to, Like it's so hard, like translating for so long, and I was like, I'm done.
Speaker 5: I really feel like there's nothing. You know, I've been through stuff in life. There's really nothing that's gonna take me down. Nothing. I love that super challenge. I'll be looking really that we're almost sad. We're gonna take some questions from the audience.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 5: I love to answer. I just don't mind if I started sweating. It's happening already.
Speaker 11: Uh, what are the best and worst TV shows for learning to adult. Oh, I had several people like I don't know if they were lying or not, but they were like, I went to medical school where I wanted to be a doctor.
Speaker 5: Maybe they dropped out, who knows, but it seems like they learned something from that show.
Speaker 11: Yeah. Then Sextual Triangles, a lot of dimmas in the room closet.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know.
Speaker 5: You know what I made my mom.
Speaker 1: Watch was Gracie and Frankie on Netflix because she's just a little Jamaican nugget, you know, who is it homophobic?
Speaker 2: But why did your voice go up?
Speaker 5: Because it's still a question.
Speaker 1: Like she's like obviously loves love and loves people, but it's just like very old school and like you don't do that in public. And so it was really nice to watch a show with her where it was like age appropriate and you know, it really was just not about like those young people smoke in the marijuana and kiss it. It was like, no, like two men who finally in their third act want to be together and don't care what society says. And it really promoted a great conversation between my mom and I that I didn't not think would happen.
Speaker 5: So that was very nice. I like racing and Frankie, it's nice. I like, what about you guys.
Speaker 2: I'm more of a Daniel Tiger guy. But well, I would say big mouth. Oh yeah, yeah, big mouth is good. As a parent.
Speaker 10: It helps me think about my child going through puberty and what what going through her mind when she when she goes through puberty. Yeah, and also as a person who went through puberty, I'm like, oh, should I remember that? Yeah, because you forget like how awkward and weird sex and just relationship.
Speaker 5: You're sorry sex, Yeah, you're a girl, not yet a woman.
Speaker 4: Any way of getting over anxiety to make your own appointment, Oh, that's real. Like the anxiety of making your own appointments. Anyway to get over that anxiety?
Speaker 5: Doctor appointments, like any appointments.
Speaker 2: Any appointments, that's anxiety. That's real. I see you, I feel you, You're you're among friends.
Speaker 11: And from that, deeply I think I meditate. I I really I give myself permission to cancel stuff. I understand. Yeah, meditation helps a lot for that. For me, it kind of slows me down, gets me and you know, kind of in sync with myself and you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think in New York, like I try to do maybe like cause okay, but guilty don't have an office job, so uh if I have something to do, I'll only try to do like two to three things a day, like shoot for like maybe like one big one for the week.
Speaker 2: I hope you get to the dentist or wherever.
Speaker 5: I also think CBD oil helps, Yeah, Like that's real. Yeah, it's real.
Speaker 1: Like I'll still have like anxious thoughts, but like like physically it doesn't. I'm not physically affected, like, oh I got to do all these things, I have time to do it, and then I'll have like a heart beat in my right eye and I'm like it's like, oh my god, Like my whole body is a heart beat.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: But now I do a little trip drop with CBD oil. I'm just like, yes, I will be there, but fifteen minutes late.
Speaker 5: What's the next question? Down?
Speaker 10: Will The next question is how do I stay awake past midnight on a weekday?
Speaker 5: Girl? Bye? I want to Why would you want to that when the good things happen? Yeah, I know That's where I'm like trying to not I'm like, how do I go to bed? By eleven. Well, oh, I gotta take the I.
Speaker 2: Think maybe that's that's probably like a to go out kind of thing, but I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, don't.
Speaker 1: Home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't take a question out of the bowl, all right, Michelle, I will any tips for if your family or your s oh's family what significant other significant other took my second?
Speaker 11: Any tips for if you your family or your s o's family don't particularly like each other. Very hypothetical, as my parents and my boyfriend's parents haven't actually met, so.
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't even know about that.
Speaker 2: So it's like they're worried that when these yeah, how that's.
Speaker 5: Going to go. I don't because I just ambushed my parents. I'm just like, look, this is how it's going to go.
Speaker 11: You're meeting them now or I don't even like, I don't even it just doesn't happen that often where our parents are in rooms.
Speaker 5: I don't even care.
Speaker 11: I'm just like they're so happy that I'm with somebody that they're like, well, she's barren, she has a significant friend. Yeah, okay, we didn't have grandchildren, so what's nice.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, there are those used to be.
Speaker 1: So that is a really hard question because what you don't realize is that it's completely out of your control and you can only be a good person. You know, you can only do you and just like set everybody up on even ground so it's not their house or the other person's house.
Speaker 5: It's like Benny Hannah bowling. Yeah, like doing something.
Speaker 2: Blow in there, eat it up a little building. Absolutely?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is this like then and the Capulets. I'm not sure what will happen on this fortnight, but.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, well that was the last question. Thank you so much? Yes, did DJ Don Well?
Speaker 2: You just heard Kate Walsh and since she is.
Speaker 1: A mad, fun, marijuana laced show, I mean we got edibles, we got weird uncles.
Speaker 4: Yes, Honeyed Adulting was produced by Blakeney Schick and Odelia Rubin. The Adulting team includes jo annaslatarof Colin Schuman, Joe Ploord, ed Haber, Irene Trudell, and the live show is produced by Christian Banda.
Speaker 1: Our theme music is produced by Isaac Jones, with additional music by Don Well.
Speaker 2: Did you like this episode? Please rate us? Please please slease.
Speaker 1: A lot of times comedians and actors can't watch themselves on TV right because it's terrified. It's one thing to do it right, but it's another thing to watch it, which is why I've never made a sex tape lo l.
Speaker 3: I have, but it's hr so it's definitely like there's somewhere burnt. Whatever the point is.
Speaker 1: I never read comments. I never My husband will go through the comments and be like, Okay, it's safe. And I have to say, this has probably been the best most joyous wild ride in terms of podcasting right.
Speaker 3: And the comments are amazing. I can't believe people are enjoying this show so much.
Speaker 4: It's been really nice and very heartfelt and very warm, and we really appreciate that, y'all.
Speaker 5: It's my favorite is Jeordelle.
Speaker 2: We are Jordelle now Jeordelle one of the reviewers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they put our names together like bitch. I just even taking care of your kids in Bay Ridge. I have constantly crossing the Arizona.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I look, I know Martha Stewart hashtag get and Martha Stewart. Not that I started, but I will claim it. If you're gonna go to somebody's house with rose or white wine, bring it chilled. Nobody has time to watch the champagne in the freezer, get cold,