Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Earnest Welcome the EYL University, the number one place for business education. Shoddy tale. What we bringing?
Speaker 3: Yes, EYL University already has over one hundred past webinars from all areas of business. It includes weekly webinars from industry leaders. It includes access to our investment Facebook group, movie club, our book club. It also includes access to monthly financial planning calls for yours truly. But what has been added has access to MG the Mortgage Guys home Buyers Blueprint over fourteen hours everything you need to know as far as the home buying process is concerned. And also what has been added is access to our monthly group chat call. So once a month, Me, Troy and the whole team is going to let you in on our personal plays, our portfolio, what we're doing, and more so all of that, we are running for a special promo code of seventy percent off for limited time only. So at the Eyluniversity dot com right now and take advantage.
Speaker 2: You know it's works, don't wait, don't have to take it. We'll see you on the other side.
Speaker 4: My graduates from my school being forced back drop drop, Mike drop, back drop drop.
Speaker 3: Let's get this thing going. So Alexi, you all right? So the question that everybody has asked is before we even start about how to get started on Airbnb, what are some changes? What are the biggest changes that has taken place as my airbnb entrepreneur since COVID hit.
Speaker 5: So honestly, guys, a lot of people. The air let's okay, let's not get a mistaken. Of course, the hospitality initially took a hit, right, But I can honestly say I have made the most money ever since I've been this business for four years.
Speaker 3: Well you're in Atlanta too, though, that's im Atlanta.
Speaker 6: Is wide open. Atlanta's wide open.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 5: I only can speak from my experience, right, I have a ton of clients, and like you guys, speak about my systems. As long as my clients sees my systems, they're fine. So during COVID, of course, March April, May March April and like the middle of May, it really only lasted in Atlanta for about two and a half months, maybe three, And it wasn't it. Really it was bad. It was really bad. But now post COVID with me and y'all, I went through a lot. During COVID, I had units where the occupancy was at ninety five percent and it dropped a ten percent. So at that point in time, what I had to think was, okay, let's see, this isn't about your airbnb business. The world dismissed up. So I almost just had to take a hit with the world. I've seen businesses in Atlanta, y'all that has been up and running for over twenty years gone within six months.
Speaker 6: And the way I look at it is if if you've.
Speaker 5: Been in business for this amount of time, there's no way, why three months to wap your business? That was my That's my mentality anyway, So I live every day by If I cannot live for at least a year from today, then I'm not doing something right with my finances. So I was able to sustain during those COVID months. Of course, any anybody wants to continue making the same amount of money, but I have to take a mental step back and say, Okay, this is what's here.
Speaker 6: You have to face this. Are you gonna hold up? Are you gonna fold up?
Speaker 5: That was my That was that was my battle, and of course God is always on my side.
Speaker 6: That was that was my go to, Like I was worried about nothing. Okay, So.
Speaker 5: Post COVID, after May, like the middle of May, it started to pick back up and it was booming. So those systems that we talked about in January, it was like I came up with ten thousand more systems. There were other mistakes that have been made. I just know that during COVID, like I didn't have my answer for even my my EYO audience. I didn't have an answer for them because I was going through the same thing too. And one thing about me, I only speak from my experience. I'm not gonna tell people to do things I'm not even doing. It was almost like, guys, we're going through this. We gotta make it through this storm until it picks back up and whatever city you're in. That was my thing to my clients and or my or my mentees in other cities, like we just got to get through this COVID situation, you know what I mean. So just to answer that question, because I even seen that a lot when my when my episode dropped, people were like, oh, Airbnb is done, the industry is over, and you know, she'll never come back from this. And I'm like, all right out, like okay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: But it was it was difficult. Believe it or not. It was difficult. But I honestly don't have an answer on to how did you do it? I wait, I was patient.
Speaker 5: I've seen I've seen I've seen COVID wipe out different hosts, you know what I mean. I'm friends with a lot of different Airbnb hosts, and I've seen cople wipe it out, but that was only because they were not doing the right things with their finances when they were making.
Speaker 6: Because you can make good money in this industry.
Speaker 5: There's unit to have clients making eight thousand dollars seven thousand dollars monthly. You only have two three thousand dollars worthday expenses, so on average president four thousand a month.
Speaker 3: Now that you bring up a good point, this is something we're gonna get to like the nitty green and Airbnb, but this is just general business advice for anybody that's running a business. And it's like, yeah, when it hit, it's like people asking like, well, what are you going to do about? I don't know. It's a global pandemic. The last time we've seen this was who knows what, I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Figure it out.
Speaker 3: It's the coronavirus, not like it's the regular like hurricane or something like this, Like nobody knows what to do. If we knew what to do, it wouldn't be a global pandemic that hits once every hundred years and then you said, as far as you know, you actually understanding that you have to keep money in reserves. You have good times, you got to prepare for bad times. And I'm sure that that helps you because it's like, all right, now, nobody's like, you know, leasing your properties. Now, you still got to pay the bills on it. But those good times, as far as cash reserves, held you over. So I just want to just highlight that even before we get into the nitty gritty, because that's just general business advice that we've spoke about for a long time.
Speaker 2: I'm doing good, but I'm ready for bet.
Speaker 3: When the plane is riding high, eventually it's gonna come back down, even if it goes back up again, So prepare for the plane to come down. And sometimes you just have to figure it out. And like you said, it's better, it's better not to speak. And that's why I'm glad we did this conversation now, like instead of doing it in the middle of COVID, because it's like you can't really speak about something that you don't know, like you didn't figure it out yet you still you're still going through it yourself. So now it's like all right, now it's been months and you're still successful. You're still up and running. So now we can have this conversations. All right, so listing, let's let's start. Let's start at the beginning of this situation. How do you all right? I want to I want to get started in airbnb right now in twenty twenty one, right, Yeah, I have a cell phone and that's it. In a couple of thousand dollars. What's what's my what's my first what's my first thing that I do? I guess the first thing I do is secure a secure a place to actually airbnb, right, yeap, step number one? So what's the process with that? How do I do that?
Speaker 5: So first I get I get this a lot. Do I have to have an LLC and ei in established before I can start an Airbnb? Now, this will only depend on how you choose to get into the industry. So we see a lot, right, you can own you can become an Airbnb host without owning any real estate.
Speaker 6: That's absolutely true.
Speaker 5: But there's a few different ways you can get into the industry and it doesn't have to be through an LLC and EI in. So that's number one question is you do not have to have an LLC to become an Airbnb host.
Speaker 6: All right, Now, one.
Speaker 5: Thing I do do for my clients is I do I tell them it's not.
Speaker 6: Bad to get a LLC.
Speaker 5: So you just better off paying one hundred dollars to two undred dollars go ahead and getting established and getting your EI in and setting up your banking account in rolling with it. That way, you have this corporate housing thing to where you can get corporately singing. You can go into an apartment building and get two and three apartments.
Speaker 6: In one building with this LLC and EI in that you have.
Speaker 5: But the thing to that is you got to have at least most apartments required to have at least a year to two years of done in Brad Street history. So dun and Brad Street is basically your business credit. So as consumers, we have equifacts who have experience. We have transion that's for our personal ourselves, our socials.
Speaker 6: Right for your business and your e in. You have a Dodne and Brad Street number.
Speaker 5: Most of them are required for you to have something built on that Dune and Bright Street number. Now I've seen apartment communities or you know, landlords that allow you to get an Airbnb where you have might have four or five months of history on your Done and Brad Street. It really just depends on where you go to. So I do want to answer that question first. Do I have to have an LLC or ei N to get started in the airbnb business?
Speaker 6: No, you don't have to do I suggest it as an Airbnb expert. Yes I do. It doesn't hurt, you know what I mean. It doesn't hurt if I will.
Speaker 5: If I would have gotten LLC when I first started, y'all, it would be so much further now. So I was two years down the line and still having to wait to build my LLC and EI in order to even.
Speaker 6: Become a corporate housing company.
Speaker 5: So I do suggest that so different ways to get into the industry. You can become a co host. So basically what a co host is is for Shan and Ture have their apartment for Shad and Troy had their apartment in Atlanta or Miami, but they're in LA for their podcast for the month y'all.
Speaker 6: Went out there.
Speaker 5: Somebody has to run this property. Somebody has to communicate with the guests. Somebody has to make sure housekeeping gets done, Somebody has to make sure communication with the guest gets done, inventory stopped.
Speaker 6: Somebody has to make sure all that stuff is done.
Speaker 5: So that is considered being a co host also known also might be done as a property manager. So I have a property management company and basically my property manager is my co host.
Speaker 2: Right, how does that work? So if I'm a co host, so I get to have the same rating as my fellow partner when I'm getting raided.
Speaker 5: So you don't get rated as a cohost, so you don't get rated as a person. Your property gets rady. So if you had a listing, that listing gets ready, not you as a person. So my business profile doesn't get ready, my listings to do got okay, So becoming a co host basically what it is is you get your email leder ask Remember I exwenty in my first in the first interview, you literally you have an email and reshard and shut to add.
Speaker 6: If I was to a co host, that would add my.
Speaker 5: Email on Airbnb under your booking settings on the platform as a cohost. So now what does a cost include that could book That could be explained between however you like to do it in the co host So different co hosts do different things and the average percentage for a co host profit is about fifteen or twenty percent, all right, So co hosting could be like I said, restocking inventory, making sure the housekeeping gets done, communicating with the guests, making sure that just a property is maintained.
Speaker 6: Will most of.
Speaker 5: My clients, eighty five percent of them are out of state, so as a co host, they're basically not doing anything, and that's what makes the business passive. Your co host or you being a co host is what makes the airbnb business pass y'all following me?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 5: So we got the co host we could go into corporately teams. So we just talked about the dun and Brash street number corporately, So it could be something simple as like I said, having two years of Dunn and bradshort history buil and I seen someone sitting in a chat it's free. Yes, your dinner Brashing number is free. And typically what people do is once see how your corporate lease. Most buildings allow you to have a corporate lease and you can negotiate rent crisis. So with my corporate lease, I might have, well, with my my DN and brasstreet number, my EIU and my C I might have, I might go into the apartment. There might be three apartments that's available.
Speaker 6: They each might be two thousand dollars rent a piece.
Speaker 5: Right, I can go and negotiate to get those three properties under my funder my business for twelve hundred dollars or thirty years dollars a piece because I'm getting three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you got corporate leasing, right, you have really really quickly in the midst of COVID, did you see leasing the prices go down? Because I know a lot of people were trying to find people tenants and they couldn't And so was that something you used to your avenge.
Speaker 5: Yes, But the thing about it is you're getting that and then people are not travel so you're still risking coming out of pocket to pay rent.
Speaker 6: So that wasn't a good move.
Speaker 5: Of course for someone it's easy like this is for some hosts. It's someone is someone's full time job of this is how they pay their bills. Luckily, I had other sources of income, which we which you all talk about often having one. It's too close to having zero to having none. So those other sources of income for me also helped me sustain. So the reason why I say that is because as an Airbnb host, and this.
Speaker 6: Is all that you're doing. You're, you're, you're.
Speaker 5: It's not gonna click in your mind to oh, let me go get five apartments because the rent is only a thousand.
Speaker 6: You have, but nobody's traveling.
Speaker 5: So you're gonna risk paying five thousand, five thousand dollars a month for the RT versus another price.
Speaker 6: Will probably think long term.
Speaker 5: Like, Okay, the world will open back up still one day, but wing some cities are still closed. Some cities are still not open. Miami is still gonna curfew. LA still has its curfew, So imagine still having a you know what I mean, pay those rents out of pocket. So the other race was down, but people were not traveling, so you're still not making money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and okay. And also it's important to understand obviously that Airbnb is one of these things where it's not like a blanket for every place in America because each state has different even cities have different policies for Airbnb. So's it's important to you know, know your rules and your this is general information, but know your rules to where you live. But Atlanta is one of these places that probably is the best place to have with Airbnb in America right now, because it's the only, well one of the only cities in America that's fully open, and it has become a tourist destination for a variety of different reasons. People are flocking to Atlanta. I noticed. I noticed from first experience because we spend a lot of time in Atlanta, a lot of time in Atlanta, And every time I go to Atlanta, and every restaurant is full, every bar is full, every hook alumd bubs are full, you would think you would think that there was no pandemic at all. So I say that to say, if your city or your state is not airbnb friendly, then there's no there's no law that says that you can't set up an Airbnb out of state.
Speaker 2: Or city city too, right, And we know like city like Houston. I see somebody just put ah Texas is the state that's wide open right now, So I can imagine what Houston's Airbnb situation is looking. Right, So you got to know where you live and understand the rules, like you said, yeah, okay, I with the rules.
Speaker 6: Too, not only with knowing your city. All cities are not for airbnb, right exactly. So people were like Hey, let's see, I'm in the middle of Mississippi.
Speaker 5: I'm like, Okay, nobody's like, oh, we go to Mississippi for the weekend.
Speaker 6: You know, nobody's doing that.
Speaker 5: So I also with people to understand their market too. I live in Atlanta. I've lived here all my life, so I only know the booming cities. Those cities that are not really boomed, I can't really tell the market unless I go looking to I would have to go research that city. So I'm not saying that airbnb can't be done everywhere. It can be done everywhere. But what I don't suggest is a city that's not lit or a city that's not where a lot of people travel to. I don't suggest like, oh, I'm going to get an Airbnb here, or I'm making this investment.
Speaker 6: Most people in.
Speaker 5: Those kind of cities they already have a house or something, or they might rent out their private guest home and the guest home might pay its mortgage on the real home, you know what I mean. Or they might have a house that might be moving out of state and don't want to let the house go so that I'll put it up at airbnb, but it might be paid off, so it could be any of those scenarios.
Speaker 6: So also with no with knowing your.
Speaker 5: City, also know if if you wouldn't like, would you travel to your city to have fun?
Speaker 3: You know, like you got to think about that too, respectful speaking, that's the fact. It's a common sense some places. You know, if you're in Anchorage, Alaska, Anchorage is actually a tourist desination. I take that back. I don't even want to say the city because.
Speaker 5: I don't actually just had a client Anchorage and we were just discussing if it was a good place, and actually she told.
Speaker 3: Me no, Well Anchorage has that's a different story, all right. So let's let's get into this all right. So, Okay, you find a property. You know about that, right, You find a property and you want to list it on Airbnb. Right, so you got the corporate lease under the LLC. Now the next step is actually listing the property on Airbnb. What's the what's the process for that?
Speaker 5: Okay, first, let me tell you one more way because this is a lot of people's biggest question is actually obtaining the proper so you can also become an actual Airbnb host too.
Speaker 6: So say we're shouting joy.
Speaker 5: Remember say you guys had a five bedroom home, right, you might have this. You can rent your upstairs for on Airbnb, and you can live in your downstairs, or you can run your downstairs and living your upstairs. Or you might have a private guest home that's behind that's in the backyard, and you might want to rent that out on a BnB. So you can either do that as a private room, or you can do a share space. So with the private room, you can have it to where you might have three rooms upstairs. You can run out each of those three rooms, just like a hotel. Right, So in a hotel is different hallways and you have rooms there next to each other. So in this same house, you might have three different rooms, so you can run.
Speaker 6: Out to fift different people. You might be fifty dollars, it might be seventy five dollars a night.
Speaker 5: Versus you can rint up the whole entire upstairs as a kitchen, has a bathroom, and it has how many offer rooms that it might have, you could do that. I have clients where their their basement literally pays for.
Speaker 6: The whole entire home.
Speaker 3: No, that's something that I didn't I wasn't even aware of that until I met somebody and they was living in Brooklyn and they was renting out a room Airbnb because you know in New York City a lot of times you know, the rent is hard things in that nature. So they lived in one, but they had a long term, like a long term tenant, like month by month. It was an international person that came in and there was Airbnb and from month to month, and you can air BnB rooms. You don't have to airbnb your whole spot. So yeah, I've seen it happens. That's the origin of the story of their story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they started out with the room in Servirancestem and turned it into a full fledged business.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay, so all right, so now what's the process to actually get it listed on Airbnb.
Speaker 5: So before we get listed, we gotta get photos taken. Extremely important to have a real estate photographer. Please are not go take pictures with your iPhone, the baby's ippad, the baby's iPhone. You need a real estate photographer. So I'm gonna give you two websites where you can get a real estate photographer. You got Imoto dot com it is I M O t O dot com. Or you can go to house h o u zz dot com. All right, So those are two different places you can find a real estate photographer. It's really great, really great resources, but that is extremely important. The thing is when it comes to listening is your main contact photo is gonna be the main contact to your listening. So the more clicks you're listening it, the higher you will appear in the algorithm. And the reason why I say that is because if your main contact photo looks at pilling, people are gonna click. So I might have this brightened up room on one one listing might have this bright room, and then one listing might have just a dull dark room. You know how some iPhone pictures take right, those are gonna look completely different. Really CEP photographers get an aerial view of the of the actual room. So if I'm standing in a corner, the really phephotographer is gonna get right next to me, Versus if I'm standing here with my iPhone, it's gonna look totally different from the camera right on the photo. So I really suggest getting a realistephotographer. Typically they're about they'll run about one fifty to two hundred dollars and you only need about twenty to twenty five photos.
Speaker 6: Okay, you'll need twenty to twenty five photos.
Speaker 5: So once we got our photos, what we'll do is, well, what I do is I set up Google accounts. And with the Google account, basically if you will go into the Airbnb and signed.
Speaker 6: Up as a host, it's so simple. Your first then your last name.
Speaker 5: They do ask for the last four of your social and they do ask for your record. So now what I found is along the way with having a criminal record, they'll allow you to sign up, but they'll they'll like shut down your profile once they catch on to it. I found that happened a lot of times, and that's a good tip. They'll like people don't know because I don't want them to get to having three and four listenings and then the listening's vanished because Airbnb shuts the profile. Now, so they have had this thing to where they're where they're like making it to where they're catching criminal Like if you have a criminal record or a criminal background, right, so I do want to let that be known. So literally, your first name, your last name, your email. You're a profile photo.
Speaker 6: If you're setting it up as a business, the best.
Speaker 5: Thing to do is put the So if it's e y Yo University, the first thing would be e yo, the last thing would be university.
Speaker 6: It's simple mm hm.
Speaker 5: So if that's if that's e yo sleeps, the first tame would be e y yo, the last thame would be sleeps.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 5: So the thing about that is when you're initially signing up, you have to sign up with Rashad or Troy's last name. Once you get in and they get you verified with your birthday and your last word of your social, then you can go change your name on your profile. But you got to get verifiers because what they're going to say is hm hmm, this birthday and the less where the social doesn't match euyl like ISO.
Speaker 6: Leaving a person, you'll follow me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So you got to make sure that you put your first and last name when your first signing up, and then once you get in and you get your profile is going to say success, you're an Airbnb host.
Speaker 6: And then you can go to your profile to.
Speaker 5: Your account six and change your personal less name to whatever your business name.
Speaker 2: Whatever you like for it to be perfect. So we got to take the right pictures because we got to get more clicks. More clicks helps the algorithm. It pushes our our host, our home up further and then we get more people booking. Right. So, now that we got the pictures up and we got it listed, how do we price this thing appropriately?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Because we want to have people come, we want to make it affordable, want to make money. How do we price our listing appropriately?
Speaker 6: Yes, so pricing is important, right.
Speaker 5: So the thing I tell people about pricing is that's that's the fun part to become and get yourv and be hostess. Oh, I can charge freem sALS a night, and I'm a new host and I have no reviews. Absolutely no, you cannot. All right, So you could have the five unit in the city. It could be it could be lit, it could be beautiful. But if you don't have any reviews, it's gonna be difficult for people to People are not gonna book you.
Speaker 6: So you competing with people like me who got over.
Speaker 5: Five hundred reviews, over three hundred reviews, or people who have hosted of over two hundred reviews. And we might be listed to fifty a night in my unit might be available in your new unit might be available. To guess what unit they're gonna go with. They're gonna book mine before.
Speaker 6: They book yours.
Speaker 5: So I said that to say, when you're pricing and you have no reviews, you have to start off low and once you get those reviews, those filesor reviews, then you can.
Speaker 6: Work your way up.
Speaker 5: So let's talk one bed, one bath, because it's easy to crush those numbers, right, one bet, one bath number one. You gotta think about your location. That's extremely important when it comes to prices. I can charge a completely different nightly priced in Miami than I can charge in Atlanta.
Speaker 6: All right, I have units in Miami.
Speaker 5: When my clients are charging fifteen hundred a night for one bed, one bath, or I think it's a one bed and one and a half bath and it's off the water.
Speaker 6: Freight right off Biscay fifteen hundred a night.
Speaker 5: There's no way I could charge fifteen hundred dollars a night for a unit here, especially if it's on a theme or nothing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: For a regular, typical one bed, one bath, There's no way.
Speaker 5: I could charge fifteen hundred a night. So location is important. Where are you located now? When it comes to setting your pricing, what you want to do is you want to go take a look at what other hosting your area have their units listed at because now you also have to come up with your cleaning price, so you don't want to have a cleaning fee of two hundred dollars, and then all of your competition.
Speaker 6: Is at eighty five.
Speaker 5: So once his total comes up, once his guests total total comes up, when they get ready to book, you're listing, you're going to be one hundred dollars over, one hundred and fifteen dollars over than what everybody else is charging. You're following me, So pricing you can make sure you know what's around your unit, the attractions. Maybe if it's a huge baseball park the people go to, maybe a football stadium.
Speaker 6: Is it a bunch of restaurants? Are there malls around it?
Speaker 5: Grocery stores, liquor stores, gas stations?
Speaker 6: What's around your unit? All right?
Speaker 5: And there's a bunch of different platforms out here that can assist you with getting your pricing done. Like someone just said, someone says something about your DNA, and I hear about a lot of these platforms guys, But honestly, I don't use them.
Speaker 6: I am those systems. That's the way I look at it, all right.
Speaker 5: I don't use any of those platform softwares because I've just gotten to the point to where my system.
Speaker 6: Works for me, all right.
Speaker 5: But for other hosts there's different websites like guests d g U e s t y guest dot com. Your reporter is really great. Air DNA I find is really great for pricing too. So starting off, you just got to make sure you start off lower than what your competition is.
Speaker 6: That just so people can book.
Speaker 5: People will risk us spending low with no reviews, and they will risk spinning high with no reviews. So by the time you get to the point where you have five box her reviews, then you can go up. So if I started a ninety nine dollars in Atlanta for a one bit one bag and my cleaning fee is eighty five, well my cleaning fee is seventy five. By the time I get five Fossil reviews, I can go up to twenty one thirty. If five five foss of reviews might take me thirty to forty five days.
Speaker 2: M got you, got you, So so you got to set the ball low, get some and come get some some people reviewing it, and then we can we can start playing the game. Right, So we're not gonna take profit right away. We gotta we gotta steady ourselves.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of it's a lot of information. I hope you guys are paying attention. I like it is it Is it possible that you can slow down a little bit. I see some people saying, like, she's talking pretty fast.
Speaker 6: Yes, I can slow down.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. So let me ask you this, as far as screening, screening, guessed, how does that work?
Speaker 5: So screening, So, there's four things are required when it comes to screening, all right. That's an email address, profile, photo, email address, profile, photo, phone number, and a government issued i D. All right, government is shoed I D profile, photo, email address, and phone number. As long as those guests have those four things uploaded on their profile, they can move and they can instantly book.
Speaker 6: Now, instant booking is different.
Speaker 5: The thing about instant booking is as long as that guest has those those four things uploaded on their profile, they can booking instantly, which means they don't have to I don't have to accept or decline the request.
Speaker 6: It'll automatically go through. Versus if I don't.
Speaker 5: If they don't have those all four of those things listed on their profile, it'll come through as a as a request, and that notifies me.
Speaker 6: As a host like, hey, this guest is missing something.
Speaker 5: So then I will go tell them, you know, hello, can you update either your profile photo or your email to your profile to confirm your bookie? All right, So that's a way that I avoid, like parties. It's the way I avoid not really strangers, but people that will come trash our unit, people that are not fit for you know how your unit should look. That's the way I do. I'll make sure I use those four things.
Speaker 3: And then also even for me personally, people have asked me like, what are you planning on doing while you're out here, like you know, not like on some like but like we have no guest policies or you can't have any you know what I'm saying. So if they do do that, then they in violation. So if you aren't, if you aren't trying to have parties at your Airbnb, I guess that's one way to go about it as well. Right.
Speaker 6: So the thing what that is those rules. People have their own rules.
Speaker 5: As an Airbnb host, you can literally say if you say no talking at the.
Speaker 6: Team those on their listing.
Speaker 5: At the end of the day, You cannot control what adults do, all right. You can only manage and that comes with like either having a ring light like a ring camera on the door. When it comes to not having extra guests. But what other way, Well, you can tell people don't have extra guests. If you do found if they have extra guests, you can charge them, but you got.
Speaker 6: To have proof.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the algorithm people don't even know. Everything has an algorithm. YouTube has an algorithm, Instagram has an algorithm. Twitter has an algorithm, and Airbnb has an algorithm. So when you when you when you type in staying from April first to April seventh in Miami, and you know, the first six listings pop up. It's not just done randomly. Those people are at the top of the algorithm. A lot of people, a lot of people are not aware of that. How do you how do you boosh just your rankings and the algorithm and get to the top.
Speaker 6: So there's the thing with.
Speaker 5: Your BnB is, guys, they don't tell you how to get in the algorithm. They actually have a link article out that says the thing about it is, if if you could if they could say, do ABC to get in an algorithm?
Speaker 3: Everybody with everybody, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So I find that you got to make sure your pricing is right. You gotta have make you gotta make sure the pricing is right. Is your cleaning fe set right? Do you have proper discount set Some people don't do discounts, some do. Is your how are your photos looking? So Airbnb will tell you update your photos this way, making sure a caption is on all of your photos. Making sure you have a description. For Airbnb has different boxes, so they might have description, they might have your space, guest access, guest interaction. Everything needs to be filled out, every single box when you're listing your when you're listing your Airbnb, your property should be filled out or Airbnb.
Speaker 6: Will come back and tell you.
Speaker 5: Once you're done and getting published, they'll say something's missing.
Speaker 6: Or go update this, or go do this. They'll tell you what you need to do. Now.
Speaker 5: What they say is they'll say, go set a two percent discount for guests that are saying thirty days longer.
Speaker 6: You can do that. It's up to you. It's your discretion. It's totally up to you.
Speaker 5: Personally, I don't do that here in Atlanta because I don't like long term stays, so I'm not gonna entice you the book longer, so I don't do those discounts. But those are those are a few things that do go into the algorithm. Pricing is extremely heavy when it comes to being in the algorithm because you got to make sure, Like I said, you got to make sure you're competing with your competition. That's the goal, to compete with your competition. If you're not competing with them, nobody's gonna see you. So like you said, if we're traveling out of town, we don't want to click thirty pages before we get to the actual place you want to say it, we might go three or four pages max. So if you get listening, you make this investment, and you're in the twenty fifth page, nobody's even seeing you.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 6: Algorithm is really important.
Speaker 5: But like I said, Airbnb doesn't say do ABC to get an agreem.
Speaker 6: They don't tell you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So if I'm I just got I got the right pictures, right, I posted my home for listing. What are some things I can do inside of my home to separate what I'm doing from the next person. Right, we could be having an Airbnb in the same building. But what can I do inside of my home to make it different, to make it more appealing so that more people come.
Speaker 5: Having cleaning decorations, having you need to get make sure you have a pot set. Doesn't have to be I told her last time. It doesn't have to be like a Martha Store pot set. It doesn't have to be a mass pot set. But you need to make sure you have something for people to cook civil ast set.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: These are things people miss, you know. It's things that we have in our home. But it's like, oh, this guest is going to be coming writing and leave it right back out. It doesn't matter, you know what I mean. If maybe the husband wants to wake up and cook breakfads for the wife, he should be able to do so, all right, having a curate and the reason why I said, Carrick or even having like a K pot coffee maker, not the coffee maker from nineteen thirty, that you gotta put the beans in that takes all day, right, you want to put the k pie in two minutes and go. So that's another thing. Pillows I found the pillows are huge. Fluffing your pillows on the maybe having ten pillows on the sofa and five on the bed. When I said pillows, I mean like if the if the room is white and the accent pillows might be blue and gold, or accent pillows might be olive green and yellow, you know what I mean. So having those pillows really brings out the photos, having wall pictures, making sure your TV is mounty, having throw blankets, making sure you have shower amenities, lotion trable size lotion, travel size shampoo, trable size conditioner, and so bar so trouble size. Those are the things that is gonna make people feel cooky. Now, since COVID, I really haven't been doing ropes in bath slippers, but I'm gonna get back into it maybe the summertime.
Speaker 6: But since COVID, I haven't been doing them.
Speaker 5: But those are even things that also make your guest feel comfortable. Leaving thank you notes, so for each reservation that I have each guest, every time housekeeping leaves out, they're writing a note thank you, thanks for staying, or thanks for booking, you know, hope to host you again, or something like that, you know what I mean. Leaving a bottle of wine, leaving two bottles of complimentary water.
Speaker 6: Those kinds of things So the thing with the hotels.
Speaker 5: Is, yeah, they're gonna talk the fridge up, but each drink is gonna be two dollars and it's gonna come off You're bill be gready.
Speaker 6: To check out. So I'll make sure my guests know this is complimentary.
Speaker 5: We might leave it on the counter besides, like we might do a bottle of water, a bottle of barter in a thank you note, or we might leave a bottle of bottle of water.
Speaker 6: In the fridge.
Speaker 5: So those are those are some things that I do to kind of set my listenings apart.
Speaker 6: And it helps with reviews too.
Speaker 5: So the more reviews are getting after housekeeping, reviews is the most essential thing to your business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, after hold I got after after.
Speaker 5: Saying reviews is first, your uses first, housekeeping is next. But as long as you're need it's clean and neat and up to this standard, you can get great reviews.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was saying, now, that was one of the things that you expressed, and I hope you can do that again tonight. It was it sounds like these things are expensive, but buying these things in bulk and having a team and a system in place to put these things out right, can you talk about that a little bit?
Speaker 6: So buying them in bulk could be from Amazon.
Speaker 5: So right now I'm actually working on my own line of hospitality items. So my own soap lie, my own conditioner, my own travel amenities.
Speaker 6: Right, even my own.
Speaker 5: Sheet sets, my own pillow cases, my own doubt comforters, I mean, dovet covers, comforters, all this stuff with.
Speaker 6: My name on it.
Speaker 5: So I've gotten to the point where now my volume is I can do that now, you know what I mean. So before it would be easy to go into Target and get a twenty dollars sheet set. So personally I only use white linen, right, I don't think I tell people like, think about going to sleep in a place and you got brown sheets, or you got rich sheet or you know, yellow sheets, Like it's weird.
Speaker 6: Hotels only use white linen. And that's where our competition is.
Speaker 7: White.
Speaker 5: It looks luxury, it looks clean, it looks neat, it looks better. So it's easier to go with Target and get a you know, a sheet set or a comforter. But think about this has to be making, it has to be maintained. People leave makeup on the sheets. You got to change them out. Dark spots get on them. You gotta change it out, you gotta fix it. So that's why some of us take the easy route and they'll go get black sheets, or go get red sheets, or go get you know, a color sheet, because you can't really see those marks.
Speaker 6: Or those things.
Speaker 3: What you just what you just said, you know, that was a That was an eye opening moment for me because I'm on Airbnb a lot, and whenever I see somebody it looks like your grandmother, like with like floral comforters, I automatically get turned off from that because I feel like I'm staying in somebody's house. Ecologically, I never realized that we are trained to. You go to hotel, it's white sheets, white comforter, everything white. So when I see a bed with white sheets and a white comforter, it makes me feel a lot more comfortable when I see and I never, I never, I never even thought about that. But psychologically, I'm trained to think that if somebody has floral or pink or red or something or color, I'm thinking that's somebody's house. So I don't want I don't want to Psychologically, I don't want to sleep in somebody's bed. But I have no problem sleeping in a hotel bed. So when it's white, I view the airbnb like a hotel absolutely, And it's it's.
Speaker 5: Not to look like I tell guys, that's not it. It's just that's who our competition is. Besides hotels, what's next Airbnb? Right, That's just who our competition is. So I don't I don't want to say like this is what hotel semself do it. It's just you just don't want to You don't want to have you don't want to feel like how how you say that you feel like I'm about to go slip in somebody's house.
Speaker 6: So that's to your question, like with go ahead your answer.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't want people to miss the part where you just talked about the business that you created inside of your own Airbnb with your own sheet and your own pillows, like that is something again, scaling from within your own business that that's just a brilliant idea. So again, these are things, these are things that we should be applying, right, like, don't let this go over your head.
Speaker 5: And I haven't even told anybody. I haven't told Instagram, I haven't said anything. I'm just the type of person I wait till I'm done with it and maybe like ready to release it to to tell everybody. So you guys are the person to even know that I'll be coming out with Thatlana. People will be able to purchase it too, like use it for their units, and I'll make sure like I made to where it was reasonable for other hosts to purchase for the units, whether they want to buy it in bulk or not.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I ordered tons of it, So that's that's a I just wanted to be financial, Like financially it's better for me, and then I can help other people too, Like people don't think about using white women, so they're like if they come to my pa my page and they see this is what I'm using, they can use the same sac of thing that I'm using and it's easier. Right, So I just find that I'm really excited about it. It's called Right Looks Essentials. I'm extremely excited about it because it took me a while. I've been working on it for a little minute now, but it's something that not only helped me, but help other hosts too. So whether that's Viking in bulk until they're different websites like Amazon. Amazon is really good for buying things in bulk. Walmart it's not really in bulk, but you can get a lot for your dollar at Walmart. But most of the things that I that I was ordering, guys, really came off Amazon.
Speaker 2: Can you can you talk about their points of furniture because I remember when when you came to do your episode and you looked and we were staying in that land at the time. You looked and said, now, the furniture is not right in here. And I see some people on YouTube and some of the earners are asking, what about furniture? Are we hiring interior decorator? Where we getting the furniture from to furniture place?
Speaker 6: So I have my.
Speaker 5: Own interior designers. So actually I really don't. I really don't. I would guys don't even making that field anymore. So one thing that I suggested is let me tell you what not to do. I do not suggest going to rooms to go or actually home furniture store getting a line of pretty don't do that. But you can go to your local furniture stores. Like there's different local furniture stores that are a lot cheaper than rooms to go in. You know those large corporations. You have websites like offer up, it is really great. Facebook Marketplace is even a really great place to get furniture and let go. So you got offer up, Facebook Marketplace and let go. They're really great places to get furniture. When I first started, I would get I would literally furnish the whole entire apartment off of Facebook Marketplace and offer up.
Speaker 6: So those are really great websites.
Speaker 7: To go to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think it should always be my personal opinion, it should be spaced out. You don't want to have a two cluttered. You wanted to kind of feel like home, but you don't want it to feel like home. You wanted to feel like you know where. It's like it's a nice middle ground, like you know what I'm saying, and you don't have to do too much. Yeah, Yeah, simplicity.
Speaker 2: I like the simplicity with a modern touch, clean.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I want to go to question I want to go to questions. But before I just had one last question because Yeah, you definitely integrated vertically and that was one of the things that really impressed me when we met you. Where we interviewed you the first time, you spoke about even like the cleaners using the cleaners. Can you explain that?
Speaker 5: So when we hit our last interview, right, and I'm going to be extremely transparent here, I'm going to tell you guys, starting office, ere begin be host housekeepers will make or break your business, all right. Housekeeping, Oh, I don't want to cry. Housekeeper will make or break your business. I literally fired my whole entire team in the middle of the pending me all right. There was times where if I had like ten checkouts in a day, and I might have six check ins back into the saying units that were checked out, housekeeping had to get I mean, house have to be done. So you got things like so average check in time for Airbnb is three PM, right, average checkout time at eleven am. So between eleven and three I got five properties that must be cleaned because I got checkings to be done, all right. So at that point in time, once I realized the volume, I was like, Okay, something has to be done here.
Speaker 6: This is not working.
Speaker 5: There were times I had to counsel reservations and that's a huge no on Airbnb, huge nan on Airbnb.
Speaker 6: Kenceling is just you just don't do it.
Speaker 5: It'll mess up your SUPERO status, and it'll you'll risk getting your profile shut down or getting your listening suspended for canceling too much. So there will be times where the unit, the units weren't clean how they were supposed to be clean. The throw blankets weren't being washed, the rugs and the units weren't being washed. That would take two and three hours in one unit. And these and those systems that I use now is what has stopped that. So before what I was doing was I would leave a being. This was before I got in the field and I actually had this. I was in college, I was a senior. I was a junior in college becoming a senior. I was about to graduate soon, so I wasn't really focused on my business, y'all. I was focused on graduating because I was almost there. I was like, there's some way I can quit. In twenty nineteen, I had my mini a mark that was an easy that was an easy way to just get out the game, where like, I'm deal with college. But I just couldn't do that. So at that point in time, I had no systems in place. I just was hiring different people to clean these airbnbs that I had, but there were no systems, so nothing was running automated, right, So what I would do is I would keep a band inside the units.
Speaker 6: I would order a being off Walmart, order the ban off Walmart.
Speaker 5: I would put a linen set, so that would be a finished sheet, a flat sheet, four pillowcases, two towels, four wash CLOBs, a hand towel, and a makeup towel. That's what I'll be included in the band. So that way, when the housekeepers were going to housekeeping unit to clean it up, that would go inside the band that's locked and use this linennus in the band for the next ogervation. This was a second system that I've come up with. Now, before I started doing that, that would that would have to take strip the beds off and wash the linen inside the units. So I went from the housekeepers washing their linen inside the units.
Speaker 6: So, okay, now I gotta figure out something else because this is taken too long.
Speaker 5: Washington drive inside the union takes way too long, all right. I had to make it to where that that was quicker. So I started with the bins. Okay, so I'll leave with extra seting the bin some way they can just take the dirty stuff with them and then the clean stuff will be inside the band. But then I ran into a problem Who's going to clean the dirty stuff?
Speaker 6: Or how is this?
Speaker 5: How is it dirty? And the clean gun going too rotation. So then I got into the system of I hired a laundry runner. Now I have an actual laundry runner that makes like three thousand a month just.
Speaker 6: Off doing laundry. I'll doing all of my linen.
Speaker 5: So now this laundry runner, the housekeepers will take all the dirty stuff and they'll take the clean stuff with them and steal zip lock bags and it's the back and steal bag.
Speaker 3: So you get.
Speaker 6: The large sized ones. Yeah, and you can.
Speaker 5: And then another thing is I use duvets now so we're not having to the housekeepers are not having to haul all this.
Speaker 6: You know this heavyweight limit.
Speaker 5: So the duvet is the comforter that slips inside the duvet, and if the duvets, we'll change the duvets every.
Speaker 6: Time, but we don't change the comforters every every reservation. We do check them to make sure.
Speaker 5: You know, things do get on certain you know they they'll leak through or you know, different things like spots will get on the comforters.
Speaker 6: We'll change it then.
Speaker 5: So there's been a ton of different ways, and I'm actually, y'all, I still get in the field. If you, if some of you watch my Instagram, you gotta see that I still get out and I still clean with my with my housekeepers. Because there was a point of time where I had no time for this business. I had lost my love for the business, so I really didn't care what hap went on. I had someone totally. We were both in college. She was basically running my whole entire business, and I was just focused on graduating and I had become a single mom.
Speaker 6: So I wasn't really it wasn't I just wasn't there. I just didn't have it.
Speaker 5: So now I'm confident enough to tell people there's really nothing nobody could tell me about this short term mental industry because I've really been through the storm.
Speaker 6: I really if there's a problem, I have a solution.
Speaker 5: There's an exceltion, guys that I have that has a ton of different problems, and I promise you the problem that any of any of you might be having will be on there. So for every problem, I have a solution for every problem. So housekeeping have become the biggest downfall to my business. And I told y'all this in January, I said housekeeping has been the biggest and now it's awesome, it's amazing, it's great. The system that I that I've come up with, they're in my course, like I can't wait for you guys to see them. They're top nots, Like you just can't not be successful with youthing them. And I found all this out during kovid y'all between March or between.
Speaker 3: March, and now that's a fact. So we're gonna go to question before that, I just want to just take a break for a minute because we definitely, so first of all, before we go to questions, definitely. So this is something like airbnb, right, there's no college that you can go to to learn about Airbnb. And there's a bunch of different industries pick one Uber to Toro. You know, there's so many different stuff that we cover on Early Aalisha, where I don't know if people have a full appreciation of you know, this is something that is not it is not provided, like you have to just figure it out on your own watch a million YouTube videos or you can you know, have a certain level of education that can help you. But you know, traditionally it's like, all right, if I want to be a doctor, I know I can study pre med, I can go to John Hopkins and I can pay three hundred thousand dollars and somebody can teach me to be a surgeon, and now I can have a career with being a surgeon. But now there's all these alternative ways to make a living, whether it's a podcaster, whether it's an Airbnb host, whether it's a toro, whether it's whatever, you pick it, you name it, and self education is the only thing that will save you in today's economy. The government will not save you, and formal education will not save you either. And I know that because I'm a product of that. I have a communications degree. If I wasn't an entrepreneur and I was out here trying to get a job with a communications degree from a state college, it would be wait in line and good luck. You know what I'm saying. I might be able to figure something out for you know, bare minimum situation. I might not. And that's just the reality. And this is things that we see with a lot of people that you know are from our environment, grew up with friends, family, and it's an unfortunate situation. So self education is the only thing that will save you at this point in time. And it's extremely important to understand that and also to you know, have a high level of respect for people that take their time to provide information exactly. That's just a fact. So I just wanted to get that out there. So we're going to go into the second half of this conversation, and the second half of this conversation is so with Eyo University. Part of it is that you know, people get to actually ask questions, so it's interactive. So unlike the podcast where you listen to a podcast and you know, somebody just provides information for a hour, this is actually, you know, it's a real classroom setting. So it's like, you know, virtually people get to ask questions. And that's the biggest thing that always people always have questions and they DM people. But it's not that people aren't answering your dms on purpose, they just have a thousand dms and it's just it's overwhelming. So we're going to talk about Alexias. She actually has a course where she teaches stuff in detail, and we're going to talk about that in a little bit, but first I want to go to questions and also remind you guys, this is this is an example. This is just an example of what we do every single week at Eyo University. We build great relationships with people. So everybody that we ask to come on has never been a problem, not one time with anybody that we actually come on. And we've had over one hundred classes from real estate, to stocks, to investing to you name it. And then also with Eyo University, we do a monthly financial planning call. We have a private Facebook group with six thousand people, which is a community within itself, with subgroups inside of that community, a bunch of clubs. It's like a real university. Actually, the problem with universities is that it's not the system isn't the problem. It's the way it's going about and the the information that's taught. So we duplicated what universities have. Like we have infinity groups inside of the university. We have classes, we have professors that come in, we have a book club, we have a movie club, we have challenges, we have game night in same that's the fact, the same thing that the university would have. We took that because the university is not the problem. It is the price that's the problem and the information that they're teaching. So we're teaching real world solutions, we're not teaching philosophy. But our university is six hundred dollars a year. That's the that's the difference, huge difference. So if you're interested in joining it, you can click the link Eyo University dot com seventy percent off. That price changes on Friday.
Speaker 2: Okay, so student no no student loan that involved and if you if it, if it was, we just hit up one of our professors, Lois.
Speaker 3: That's a fact. So let's let's let's get into this part. We can take a couple of questions and see what people have to ask.
Speaker 2: Professor Wright.
Speaker 7: You ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Tristan. Tristan, U mute yourself. You've been unmuted? What's going on?
Speaker 3: You guys can hear me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You perfectly want to start off.
Speaker 8: I appreciate you'all so much, truly, man Troy Rashad Alexia God saying truly that as no.
Speaker 2: Cap, no cap.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you brother.
Speaker 8: All right, So I'm from Miami and I peeped the last video that Alexia did. So I got a couple of questions because it seems like for this a ABNB process, Floyda really puts you through the ringer. So you want you to get an FBI, N want you to get a certificate of views. They want you to get an operation of licensed to operate a vacation rental. So I just kind of want to know how you went about doing that and how your clients go about obtaining those credentials and then just one more thing and on guidelines. But I'll get this chance every day, so I know that, like because I went to buildings already to try and ask him, like, Yo, are you guys cool with subleasing? A lot of them will be like nah, we ain't really about that. But the thing is you'll turn around, you go on Airbnb. You see a couple of those same have about four or five rooms up in there. You know what I'm saying, But I don't say nothing because I don't want to jam anyone's game up. So but I don't know if you can give like maybe one freebe because I know you mentioned Mimi a couple of times, and I've been looking. I've been doing my research, but it's been tough. So that's about it.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Eatrician.
Speaker 5: Hey, So the thing for those credentials and getting those pregments and stuff from the city, there's links that's on Google and I could I could like easily put the links in my buyer or something.
Speaker 6: I could find them and put them in my bio and you could.
Speaker 9: Just go to it.
Speaker 5: So a lot of people asked about Miami, and it's a matter of just getting the getting that stuff done, feeling out those applications are getting done. So most of and it's not I haven't really seen it in Miami, but I know West Palm Beach does require you to have like a registration number. You have your listing actually registered. And the thing with that is what they are trying to do is they're trying to just get a piece of the Airbnb buy. So I told you guys before Airbnb took four hundred and fifty million dollars worth of revenue from hotels, and hotels pay taxes to the government. They have all these feeds when you get ready to check out, they have an occupancy fee, remitting fee, that have a permit fee. They got all kinds of fees and guests on Airbnb that don't pay all those fees. So now the reason why people are coming up, well, cities are different. Cities are coming up with these different rules and to get these permits. It's because the government's not really getting paid. They're not really taking anything from airbnb hosts like they're taking from hotels.
Speaker 6: So hotels are getting pissed.
Speaker 5: They're like, dare they take all of our money and they're not having to pay the same things we're having to pay. So I literally have people who my brother, he sits at the city council office, and he'll come back and tell me. So I just had a meet and greet right February twenty first, and I had the former mayor of Atlanta at my meet and greet to tell people about the different rules and permits for Atlanta specifically. So I said that to say, when it comes to getting those permits, it's really not a big deal. It's about feeling.
Speaker 6: I thought's application, she didn't getting your registration number all right.
Speaker 5: When it comes to subleasing in Miami, some apartment buildings allow it, some don't. The reason why you still see it is because people basically they book the system and they're like, it can still be done when you do it that way. It's all about how you manage it. It's about how you run I have a few properties that I like that as well to where it's sublicing. But I've been in the buildings for over, you know, two or three years, so they don't bother me, right, And I'm not saying that's the way to go. But to answer your question that that's what's happening, it's the way they're doing it. Maybe they don't go by the leasing office when they checking guests. Maybe they go through the garage. And a lot of times what some people, sometimes leasing offices will will send you will lease violation because it might not be your least to do Airbnb. But if what I the way I look at it as an airbn as an Airbnb Hostrician.
Speaker 6: If it's being done and you see multiple.
Speaker 5: Apartments on Airbnb from this same apartment building, then most most likely the building.
Speaker 6: Is pretty leaning.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of buildings like that in Atlanta that they some apartments allow subleasing, some don't. The places that don't, the people are still at where it's a ton of airbnbs, the building know it's Airbnb.
Speaker 6: But it's almost like Number one, say, I have to mix.
Speaker 5: Make sure that you're screening properly so you're not getting any leasing office complaints. Making sure that your guests are checking properly, and they know to communicate with Trician if they need anything. Not going to fill leasing office. And with those buildings that I'm in, they pretty.
Speaker 7: Much know me.
Speaker 5: I still go by and show my face, but I pay my rent on time. Sometimes I go pay my red early so they don't bother me. Sometimes I might be feeling good on a Friday and I might take the AHOD the time at leasing office cheesecake factory. The holidays roll around, I might give everybody a leasing office a fifty dollars gas car.
Speaker 6: You see what I mean.
Speaker 5: So just a little nuggets or how I've been able to maintain my civilising properties. That's how so Stang got to make staying low, making sure your guests are you know, they know what they're doing, Making sure you screen properly so that these guests are not you.
Speaker 2: Know, earners. What's up. You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the seats are digital. Tipping is a breeze and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 10: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be find nearly one thousand dollars a day imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 5: So having parties and having noise complaints and you're not even there to answer the noise complaints when they come knock on the door or.
Speaker 2: Something perfect, that's a lot. Yeah, appreciate your question, Tristan.
Speaker 3: He definitely snuck two questions.
Speaker 2: Definitely, I didn't even hit the pie line. But Kim, we are coming to you. Mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on, Kim? Oh Kim, don't do that. Don't go there. All right, Well, she hit the fridge break, hit the fridge break to see this. Let's see that. Angel were coming to you.
Speaker 7: Oh, Kim, I knew it.
Speaker 2: I knew it wasn't the free Love.
Speaker 6: I'm mute it the whole time.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, Angel, Hold on one minute, bro, We're gonna come right back to you. Angel.
Speaker 2: I'm mutue for a sec. I'm gonna let him go.
Speaker 11: I bro.
Speaker 9: Okay, sounds good.
Speaker 7: Than how you doing good?
Speaker 3: How are you right?
Speaker 6: I didn't have a question.
Speaker 12: I didn't realize that my hand hit the mutant. I mean, I'm mute.
Speaker 13: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I know a little bit about Airbnb.
Speaker 12: I was listened to what she was saying.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 12: The last time, I think it was over a little over a month ago, Noel Randall was on E Y L No No and she was talking about B and B, so I remember some of the information, but she also shared some great information as well too, and I would like to thank her as well, to.
Speaker 3: Shout out to her great information. Shout out to her. I'm just not familiar with who that is. But Angel, Angel, we're coming to you.
Speaker 2: I'm mute yourself. You've been on muting my man?
Speaker 9: How you doing? Fellas were good?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 9: You good? Good good?
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 9: I really appreciate all the info.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 9: Question for the host here. I own an apartment building in Little Havana.
Speaker 16: That's a submarket in Miami, a couple of blocks away from the corridor that is well known for attracting lots of tourists. There's lots of bars, lots of things to do, and I'll say I'm within a five minute walk my apartment building. There's sixteen units, and what I've been considering is maybe airbnbing twenty percent of it just to give it a shot and leaving the remainder traditional to make sure that I can pay for the debt service, and anything above and beyond that is just a cherry on top. So my first question is have you ever helped someone in my position? And just a second question, really quick, what is a typical expense that a Airbnb that a person that runs an airbnb usually misses?
Speaker 6: All right, so let's go to your first question. So you have a you have sixteen apartments in one building, right.
Speaker 13: It's actually eight units two buildings that are adjacent.
Speaker 6: Okay, and you want to know how to go.
Speaker 5: So you're saying you want to airbnb twenty percent just to see how it goes exactly.
Speaker 16: And then you know, as far as owning an apartment building, can I list let's just say I wanted to list half of the property.
Speaker 13: Can I list the building itself? Or do I have to list individual units?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 7: This is fun.
Speaker 5: So what I would do is, because I'm actually working on a fifty residential unit here in Atlanta, So what I would do is angel because you because you really don't know.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: It's not about listing the building, which you can do is you can list your actual so you need to get furnished.
Speaker 6: So this so the apartment.
Speaker 16: The apartments are vacant right well actually their traditional lease now because I'm about to REFI. As soon as I refine, it's gonna give me the opportunity to go ahead and.
Speaker 9: Uh test the market.
Speaker 16: I you know, I just can't do that now because I need the leases to be in place to REFI. But as soon as I do, I want to go ahead and uh, you know, see if this can work out for me to.
Speaker 2: Make so much.
Speaker 3: Everybody's getting kicked out once he wants the money comes in.
Speaker 6: I want to know what the apartments that you're wanting to put on they're.
Speaker 13: Vacant right right now they're not, but there they will be, yes, So.
Speaker 5: Once they get vac sure you get furnished, all right, they sure they get furnished, and you need to get your photos done. So what I would do is probably you could try it with two unis. Where is it located in.
Speaker 16: Miami, like where little little advanta submarket exactly.
Speaker 5: I've never I've never heard of that part of where where is that in Lutu? Maybe South Beach? Like how far is it from South Beach?
Speaker 9: Like yeah, and it's like a tourist trap.
Speaker 6: That that's perfect.
Speaker 5: That's all that matters then, So I would probably listen, get you two units furnished, and get those photos taking.
Speaker 6: You don't even have to listen to outside of the building at all.
Speaker 5: Get get the photos taken, and listen on Airbnb the same way that I just explained and just tested to see how it goes. And I'm pretty sure you're going to be satisfied. But once you get ready to do it, feel free to shoot me at DM and and you know we can we can walk through that process.
Speaker 7: That's easy.
Speaker 2: Okay, I do that, And congrats on old in the buildings.
Speaker 3: Man, stop gotta stop, man, I like a little Havana a lot.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 6: I'm actually coming down.
Speaker 5: There too, April April twelve or something, so maybe I have to stop by to take a look at him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna be that. What are you going to Miami for Big Business boot Camp? Okay, twelfth, I think it's on the twelfth, Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Angel, do it damn. I appreciate it, all right, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Angels a shrewd. He's a shark out here in these streets.
Speaker 2: Is it bake?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: But it will be, will be. Don't let that go over. Yeah, Tasha, were coming to you. Umute yourself. You've been unmuted. Shout everybody inside of the Angels building with prayers up, Tasha. What's up?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, frish break Tasha, don't do that please? All right, Well Tash, have a good night. Uh no, emmy, we're coming to you. What's going on on? Mute yourself? You've been u muted you there, I know you did. You wouldn't do us like that.
Speaker 6: Never never, never.
Speaker 17: Hey, guys, how are you? What a blessing to be on with Alexya. Thank you so much for all the knowledge that you're giving us. I'm currently hopping on into an Airbnb, God willing within the next two weeks. We just got a house and uh furnish it all up with us adding another bathroom so it could be comfortable. So the question is they give suggested prices should we go with that that Airbnb provides? And then I'm going to seek another question in do you add your websites?
Speaker 9: To your listings.
Speaker 17: What websites like, do you have like your personal websites that people can just like go and book.
Speaker 9: You can?
Speaker 6: You can only do that if you have like your own platform.
Speaker 5: So like if I was to make alexi or right listings dot com, it would typically be the same as Airbnb dot com. But the only way to do that is Airbnb does does have it to where if you have multiple listenings, or even if you have one listening, you can share your profile, uh, your linked to your profile, your ANB profile, and then people can see your actual all of your listenings about their profile. But there's no like website like, no we need does it dot com with all of your listens No, there's not a website.
Speaker 6: It's just Airbnb dot com.
Speaker 17: Got it?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 17: And then as far as it's suggested prices that airbnv gives, should you should we go by those recommended prices.
Speaker 6: So the thing with those.
Speaker 5: Prices is sometimes it could be really really low, way too low. If you do not know what those prices. It doesn't mean that you won't appear in the algorithm. I I don't really use those prices honestly, Sometimes if you even do the numbers on it.
Speaker 6: It won't even allow you to make prints. So sometimes they're just just a system that they have.
Speaker 5: It's called smart pricing, and it's almost like so with hotels. Hotels have their own pricing system. I'm not really sure what it's called. I'm pretty sure they all have different pricing systems. But like when there's a game in town, right the prices are skyrockets. So the on the regular weekend, this hotel might be ninety dollars a night, but then when the football game comes or the basketball game comes, and it's also a weekend, that same note of all, the hotel could go up to one thousand dollars a night. And that's Those are the different pricing strategies right there. But with Airbnb, I don't use are you. I do use smart pricing, but I set a minimum, So I'll send a minimum that I do not want to go below this price, and then you can set a maximum price you don't.
Speaker 6: Want to go above this price.
Speaker 17: Okay, excellent, Thank you so much, thank you.
Speaker 9: Thanks do.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Brittany. Brittany, we are coming to you. Brittany. Unmute yourself. You have been unmuted. You go Brittany. Oh there you go, Brittany. What's going on? Yeah? Unmuted, but I think you might not have unmuted yourself.
Speaker 3: Brittany. Yeah, well guess not.
Speaker 2: D Brittany. Love is love, all right, Uh, let's move, let's move, Michel, we're coming to you. Michael. Umute yourself. You've been unmuted.
Speaker 9: And what's going on? Fellas, what's going on on?
Speaker 2: How you going on?
Speaker 3: I'm all right?
Speaker 9: How you doing all that?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 6: My cam how are you all right?
Speaker 16: I wanted to know what what type of requirements or what's what is your process of looking for your cleaning company or the people who's gonna be cleaning your properties.
Speaker 5: So for me, I have my own housekeeping team, so I have my own housekeepers, right. But starting off as a host, you can go to go to a website.
Speaker 6: It's called turnover BnB dot com.
Speaker 5: It's t U r n O v e r b as in boy and is in nancybsinboy dot com. Very simple way to find a housekeeper. So what you will do is you will export your airbnb calendar to turn over BnB and as soon as you get a booking, that checkout date goes to turn over BnB and what housekeepers will do is though put in bits to clean your place. So you're gonna get his like this, like they're gonna be like fifty housekeeper to take you up, like, hey I can I can hay me kill, I can clean your pace place for a one hundred dollars. Hey I can clean your place for eighty five. Hey I can clean it for sixty dollars. It's called turnover B and B right, so like turnover BnB dot com very good way to find housekeepers and it's national so.
Speaker 6: And then you can also go on Facebook too.
Speaker 5: There's a bunch of different Facebook groups that you can find housekeepers in your area.
Speaker 6: But I find turnover being B to be the most updition. And the thing with that is you want to make sure that you try to build a relationship.
Speaker 5: So that you're not having you're not having to explain your cleaning process or your systems to five different people throughout the week. You want to just try to you know, maybe five to two and work your way in to try to stick with one of those two or if.
Speaker 6: One might not be available, you can have to the other.
Speaker 5: But the goal there is to build a relationship with those housekeepers on on turnover BnB, so that could be your personal housekeeper. That way, it'll get to the point where you, guys, a might not even used turnover BnB anymore.
Speaker 7: And do you set a pay right from the door or how do you work that out?
Speaker 6: You can negotiate.
Speaker 5: So, like I said, you got to make sure that you have a clean uh set within competition of your other listenings in the area for wherever your property is. So you don't want to be at one hundred dollars a night and then everybody else is at seventy uh. So you want to make sure that you are setting the right cleaning fee. Now, sometimes some cleaners will give you a lower bing than what you actually charge and you can just make a housekeeping But for me, unfortunately, my boyfriend is the housekeeping company, so he knows what units are being cleaned, so I can't make anything off him.
Speaker 7: You have, but I used to.
Speaker 6: I used to cat like thirty dollars per reservation.
Speaker 3: You have it to watch to watch these days, like.
Speaker 2: When when you're looking for a listing, is there a specific rate of return that you like to see or you like to put in place before you make that a new site for you?
Speaker 5: Absolutely I mean, honestly, absolutely not, like I'm so tuned into the business that I know is gonna work.
Speaker 6: Sure, I don't even I don't even do numbers anymore.
Speaker 7: I list.
Speaker 5: The only numbers I crunch is furniture. I make sure that furniture doesn't go above a certain budget, which for a one bet one bag is typically around forty five hundred. So as long as I don't go above that, then we're good to go. But other than that, I honestly don't. I don't look for a rate to return. But the thing that I tell people is that that's some One of the biggest questions that I get from my clients is what can I expect to see? And honestly, guys, due to COVID, so in twenty seventeen, I was able to tell you to project what was gonna happen in twenty eighteen. In twenty eighteen, I was able to project what woul happened in twenty nineteen. But oh hell, when twenty twenty came, the whole everything changed. So I'm still figuring out numbers. If I compare my numbers from June twenty twenty to June twenty nineteen, they're totally different. So seventeen eighteen nineteen we're all the same, and twenty was totally different. So, like I said, I like to work off experience, and if I don't know something that I don't tell it to anybody else.
Speaker 6: Uh So I said it to say with the pricing.
Speaker 5: I'm still fit well with the return of the investment, I'm still figuring that margin out, gotcha. But I also want to say, the longer that you're on the platform, the more money that you make, So don't look.
Speaker 6: At it as you might.
Speaker 5: You might profit three four hundred dollars a month in your first three or four months, but that's because your your pricing is low because you don't have many reviews, so you're you're not supposed to be making the same amount that you're making the price month in your twelve month. It's not it's not supposed to be the same. So you're gonna start up making uh you know, little profits, and then once you work your way up to getting more and more reviews, you can charge more per night and you can profit more the longer that you're on the platform.
Speaker 6: So you got to stick it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have it. It wouldn't be a YouTube if somebody didn't make the same comment over and over again. Yes to Dak Prescott.
Speaker 2: Goskin tired, Yo, I thought that was do No, I don't know, Dak. I'm not sitting next to him.
Speaker 3: Got it, I got it, duly, Okay, we got it out the way.
Speaker 2: All right, Samuel, you've been unmuted. I mute yourself.
Speaker 15: How you doing.
Speaker 9: Thank you for for freaking I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Said that.
Speaker 3: I mean background, it's like a horror movie in the background. I know what's going on. I just heard screaming. I ain't know. It was anfant god blessing, blessings, blessing. So I I just heard screaming. I didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 7: Watching they watched some video games and on YouTube right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it is man Scott.
Speaker 3: That's the question.
Speaker 14: But so I recently just purchased like a three family home and the tenants you know, haven't been paying or whatever.
Speaker 9: So we decided to like, you know, our floor for airbnb, so like the main space or whatever.
Speaker 14: Right, So, the one thing I have ran into was like people who will say that they will have like two or three guests, but then have like thirty guests and have like a whole party.
Speaker 6: So like, what do you do with that pull and not gold endure.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 6: There's a video on my page actually on my highlights.
Speaker 5: I've been a property management and the way, so I have ring cameras on some of my properties, right. And the thing that I like to tell my guest is be transparent with me. If you're gonna have a few friends over, that's fine. Just keep your noise level low so I don't make it to where like, hey, don't bring more than five people in the uni.
Speaker 6: I don't do that. I want you to have a good time. I want you to be able to enjoy yourself.
Speaker 5: But let's also as like adult, so let's keep a noise level low and you know, don't play loud music. But the thing about that is I actually do due to my screening guys, the screen process that I told you guys, I actually get pretty good gainst. I really rarely run into party problems or extra guest problems. So not too long ago, I had some guests that stayed and they were like they were lucky it was gonna be two people and it was my ring camera. It'll come up on your phone immediately it'll say this many people walk past your camera, and it'll count exactly how many bodies walk past your camera. So the thing what the guests started doing was they'll try to get right by the door and they'll slide by like this. So this particular guess that I pulled up on, that's what they were doing. And with the ring camera, you can see the whole entire like so if I'm standing, if I'm the camera, I can see like exactly right beside the cameras right, So they're like, I'm looking at the camera because I just kept getting ring notifications. And once I keep getting it, then I know multiple people are walking past the door.
Speaker 6: So they're going like this, some just watching them, and with.
Speaker 5: My with the kind of ring camera I got, I can speak to them through the camera, so I'm like, I can see you.
Speaker 9: What.
Speaker 5: This is the way that the I've gotten so comfortable with this business to where like just don't even play with me almost, you know what I mean, Like it's unnecessary.
Speaker 6: I'm such a cool host and I let my dat do their thing, like I don't bother them.
Speaker 5: Y'all want to have wine, y'all want to have bottles, maybe about a few friends over. It's cool, just don't get outrageous, right, So at this point of time, I'm like, I could see you.
Speaker 6: So they're like still trying to slide by the.
Speaker 5: Camera and everybody's just vanished, Like everybody just moves away. So I see more people coming through. So I was like, okay, cool, So y'all want to play on me, Like all right, cool? So personally me, y'all, I really some people call it a security thing, but I'll pull over my gun on my hip and I'll knock on the door, Like, but my friends.
Speaker 2: Little face, you have my apartment at I said, she's showing up with the cleanic.
Speaker 3: That would be Atlanta man. She said, I would pull up with my gun on my way.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, seriously, like people people will say, oh, you're a woman and you're a girl, But honestly, I've never had a problem with pulling up to any of my units because it's almost like for me to pull up for me to have to get out of my bed or stop what I'm doing to come here.
Speaker 6: Then there's a like we have a problem. So that that particular unit.
Speaker 5: It had fourteen people and she's like, it's I'm gonna be two and you still got people sneaking about a camera. So yeah, him on the way. And when I got there, she's like, oh, I just got the shower. I'm like, bro, I just seen people walk in here.
Speaker 2: Ice Cube, we got a problem, Like, I.
Speaker 6: See fifteen people. She was like, it's just a few of my friends. But but I'm like, but what. So I explained it to her right. I was very transparent. I let her know straight up. So, look, I'm not that kind of host.
Speaker 5: And sometimes people will get the wrong interpretation of our profile and they'll think I'm this, you know, caucasun corporate guy and other think that I'm I'm not a young black woman. They'll look at me totally different from the way my profile is ran and how many listens I have so they actually see me, they're like, oh, you're the person behind it. It's a whole nother story. I shouldn't have to show my face forget to respect my business. So when I went up to her, I'll let her know, like, hey, like, I'm not.
Speaker 6: That kind of hoes.
Speaker 5: You guys are cool. You guys don't have to sneak by the camera. If you want to have fourteen people you guys, keep it down. I don't have a problem with that. If she would to say, hey, Alexia, I got eight not people you know pulling up. We just gonna have a few drinks and we just go you know what I'm saying, chop it up and just watch a little TV and do this, I would have been like, Okay.
Speaker 6: Cool, I appreciate you for even letting me know that.
Speaker 5: Because some guests will not even let you know, and they don't try to do it on the slide, you know, going a big ass party or something, you know what I'm saying. So I had to let her know, like, just as a host, this is unnecessary. I'm okay with your guests being here. They don't have to snink by the camera. So because she wasn't airswering my phone call, I had to just pull up on her and let her know. You know, you can you can above in.
Speaker 6: My rules, or you can leave.
Speaker 2: Do you are you able to charge like per person at that point or how does that work?
Speaker 6: You can?
Speaker 5: But honestly, guys, I picked my battles in this business and I'm just not one of those petty hosts. But you can charge per guess you can charge fifteen dollars per guests. I've seen host charge twenty five dollars per guess. You can charge whatever amount, but in order for you to be able to be able to charge, you have to have that already listen you on your profiles. So Airbnb has this future to where you can list it's an extra guest fee. So if you want to charge ten dollars per guest, that you can't wait until you got twenty people in to try to go charge ten dollars. They already have to be listed on there, and it already has to say that this is how many people you can you know, this is how many people belong in the unit.
Speaker 6: And after this amount of people then I'll charge you this.
Speaker 3: No, that's a fact. We're going to a couple more questions, but before then, I want to I want to give you an opportunity to talk about your your course because, like I said, there's no college for this stuff. And that's really think about it. That's really like an eye opening situation because it's like, yeah, how do you learn all this stuff? So you know as an entrepreneur. The reason why I like alex he is me that she's real, Like she's giving you the good, bad, and the ugly. She's not sugarcarn. A lot of people just be like, yeah, I just made a million dollars and it's all good. Nothing is ever all good in business. And the best way to learn from somebody is somebody that actually has experienced it and actually the good, the bad, turbulence running up on somebody. Get the strap, get the strap, all of that. That's all part of it, like I under saying, So talk about talk about like your educational component that you put together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely so.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I'll be working on my course for a while for a mini and when I was working on it, it was COVID was It was like COVID had came.
Speaker 6: I started working on our course last year.
Speaker 5: To the end of the top of twenty twenty when we were when I did my episode in January, I was working on my course thing and COVID hit and I just kind of got discouraged a little bit, honestly, So I kind of slecked up off of it, and then it picked that up really heavy, really heavy, and I started back on the course. So I've been for a while and literally, guys, everything I know, everything that I'm telling you guys here it goes into detail on my course. It's extremely informational as a ton of resources. I'm gonna do the Facebook live group. So I'm just getting into the ins and outs of having a course. But my thing is I know my information and I'm able to tell that to a camera and tell that to people. So the marketing side I haven't really got into. I really don't want us tap into the marketing side. That's just honest. But with the Facebook group, and it'll be a monthly subscription, Uh, you got sixty days access to the course, and then there'll be a monthly subscription for one. So I'll hop on a zoom call twice a month with with my course, with my course students for it to be able to talk about the process. And the reason why I wanted to do that do that is because I didn't want to just put these videos out and leave my students just dry. You know, they have questions that they are like what do I do next? I'm like, I want to be able to assist them until they're able to become super host. Once you're a host, it takes you ninety days to become a super there's a ninety day assessment. So I'm like, I want my students to become superhosts, and I want to know what their progress is. Personally, I want to know. I don't want a course manager. I don't want nobody to run nothing. I want to I want to know exactly what they're doing. I'm just a personal person, you know what I mean. So I spent a lot of time on the course. It has a lot of great information. It has PDFs as a simple master releasing contracting it, and it pretty much gives just step, step by step from step one to actually getting a booking. Talks about the algorithm, It talks about different automated systems I use.
Speaker 6: It talks about housekeeping.
Speaker 5: Housekeeping has his own portion, and literally in the housekeeping piece, I'm actually in one of my units with my housekeepers, so it's a hands on housekeeping segment in there.
Speaker 6: It talks about photography, getting.
Speaker 5: A real estate photographer. So it has a lot of great information. It's out of it pretty much everything that I talked about here, just in detail.
Speaker 3: No, that's a fact, so all right. And then also you was gracious enough to give us a special discount for anybody that's watching this additional two hundred and fifty dollars off. So the website is mastering BnB eyl dot com. That's the only place, to my understanding, that that's actually available for that, So we appreciate you for that. I'll put that in a chat as well. But mastering bmb ey l dot com. And once again me personally, I don't do anything unless I'm fully prepared. So I wouldn't jump in any court, any business unless I actually had prepared myself. And you know, courses one way of doing it. Like I said, it's like it's like no other business. If you want to be a marketing person, you know, you probably want to go to school at least get a degree in marketing, like you know. So that's how I look at online courses. And when Mark Cuban said that he pays for courses and he takes online educational platform, he told us that at his own mouth, he's a billionaire. He's already up four billion dollars. So you know that that says a lot.
Speaker 2: Right, If I want to know everybody's mistakes before I start, I want to know everything. I want to know your mistakes so I don't have to make them right, So you're fast forward in my progress because you've already made them for us, and so people got to start looking at it like that, right, Like you're not gonna have to make mistakes on your own because you have a blueprint of somebody's actual, real life experience mistakes, and now your expertiseed your your your performance.
Speaker 3: So shout out to Wall Street. Trap. But I just I got I got my sister his stock course.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I paid for it because she wants to know about stocks, and I didn't really have time to really sit down and give her the ins and outs. Well, I know he put together a great curriculum. So I got I got her his course. Trap. You owe me for that, bro, I just gave you a plug. Ma, it's the bro. Man. Let's get to a couple more questions before we were were rat Darrell.
Speaker 2: What's going on? I mute yourself? You've been unmuted? Hardy Darrell was the top earner. Shout out to drug Darrel was going on, oh now he did me like that. See, Oh there you go.
Speaker 3: What's good?
Speaker 11: Bro?
Speaker 2: Yeah he's unmuted, but he ain't unmuted. Hello, oh there you go. Jael's going on. Hey, no, minch. How y'all doing good?
Speaker 3: Good? How you going good?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 18: So, yeah, I had a simple question, want to know, like what's the difference between the single family and the apartments? Like it's they're like, you know, pros and cons to to the difference you know, to apartments. Airbnbs are single families. So I just wanted to know which is which is better?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, So I don't think one is better than the other. They both serve different purposes. So a family would it comes stay in uh one b one bath condo? Right, And you do get families that travels. You have people who travel for business. Those people who travel for business who might be you know, those single guys that might come with maybe one or two people.
Speaker 6: They also won't go see at home.
Speaker 5: So the thing that I would I would say about single family homes is number one, their seasonal people.
Speaker 6: It has just like down season like school when school gets back in.
Speaker 5: But the thing about that is is due to COVID, a lot of students, a lot of kids, they're in virtual learning, so families are traveling more often. So I don't I don't think, excuse me, I don't think one is better than the other. You just got to think about what purpose you want to serve. Do you want to go bigger? When it comes to getting a single family home, you have to think about the expenses. So you're gotta look at more startup capital than going going into an apartment.
Speaker 7: So that's it.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 6: Does that make sense? And I answer your question?
Speaker 2: It was kind of shy. Nah, Yeah, definitely makes sense.
Speaker 3: It makes sense to me.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you. Let's go to what we got, uh, Tiffany, Let's go to Tiffany. Tiffany, I U mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Hey, y'all doing well? How are you, Tiffany?
Speaker 3: How's it going?
Speaker 2: I love the energy already.
Speaker 11: Okay, I'm kind of following up on a question that he just asked. And thank you Alexia for this time. It's great information. Health like a page and a half notes already.
Speaker 6: Absolutely so. I was thinking about what you said about it being seasonal.
Speaker 11: So right now, my siblings and I have kept our family property from actually from my childhood home. So our parents have passed away and we decided to keep the property. We are in a.
Speaker 6: Currently let me say this. Currently we're renting out the home to.
Speaker 11: A family.
Speaker 6: But we're looking at wanting to do an airbnb.
Speaker 11: And I thought about what you said about it being seasonal because we're actually near Clemson University, so our thought was is to do things centered around football games.
Speaker 6: Now I'm thinking about the seasonal.
Speaker 7: Is that really a good idea of what?
Speaker 6: Should we just stick to renting? And we know every month we'll have income.
Speaker 5: So so something you have to think about tifity is what approach do you want to take. So you're already questioning do I want to just stick with the long term rental or do I want to take the risk of going to short term. So so you were saying that you guys have your family's home, right, and then you said we were thinking about getting a airbnb where you turning that family home into the airbnb?
Speaker 6: Is that what you were doing?
Speaker 11: We would like to turn the family into an airbnb, so we would take the renters out, But again thinking about the seasonal thing as far as the football season only being from what's that maybe August September to maybe December and then what would we do?
Speaker 5: Okay, so let me ask you this around that area, how is the tourism when it's not football season.
Speaker 6: Honestly, it's pretty dead.
Speaker 14: Is dead?
Speaker 6: Yeah? So is that family house paid off?
Speaker 9: It is?
Speaker 6: So everything is our profit. So the thing is when you can do it, so you can eat during football.
Speaker 5: Season, right the football season, and it can account for down season.
Speaker 6: The reason why I ask you if it's.
Speaker 5: Already paid office, because really everything will be our profit. It's not like you have to make a mortgage or a rent every month.
Speaker 11: Craig, how many siblings do you have. It's five of us, so yeah, we're in it, in it deep, six of us total, including myself.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So how big is the house? How many bedrooms? How many bath It's actually three bad rooms, one and a half bath, all right.
Speaker 7: So I don't really know.
Speaker 5: I can't really speak up pricing because I don't really know the area. But during football time you could really people will people will pay anything, especially Clemson because I know it's a really uh.
Speaker 6: Football team.
Speaker 5: So I know those fans and those you know, those parents, they'll pay whatever, you know, just to come.
Speaker 6: We my brother plays for the University of South.
Speaker 5: Florida, and we have stayed in some really well my parents have sayed in some really dingy airbnbs.
Speaker 6: I will never say and they'll pay five hundred to night.
Speaker 5: But it's you know, you get those colleges like Clipson where people will pay to say so on average, let's just say this particular house went for three fifty a night, and I know we could go for that.
Speaker 6: Around Clipson, you can might even do four hundred to night.
Speaker 5: So even if you did four hundred times twenty right, and I say twenty because you might not can account for you can account for those ten bacon days. That's not football season, right, That's not football season. That's that's not where people are not staying in them. So let's just say we had ten bacon days. You're already at eight grand during football season. So even if we was to keep it on average, even sixty five hundred all profit is still not bad. And it's five siblings. So if football season lasts for how many how long does it last?
Speaker 6: Like four or five months? Yes, a total November? Yeah, about four or five months, thirty two thousand dollars and half of a year.
Speaker 5: You should be able to sustain on the off season until football season comes back up again if you do the right thing.
Speaker 11: But wait and waitmen, how did you figure up thirty two thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: No, so I said that because what I did was I just did I think I did four hundred times twenty and that Okay, Yeah, I said, if we say a and when we take out certain little bills, you may have to pay or even if it's not rented at that much a night, even, I say, the minimum that you can make in a month around Clinton or football season is at least sixty five hundred and sixty thousand dollars. Okay, that's the minimum a month. Okay, that's for Clemson. That's a really great school. They have a really great football team. Yeah, football team is to paying. Tickets were forty thousand dollars, so I know they'll pay to see Clemson, right, And I and.
Speaker 11: What we did this year, and which is why we decided to just do the rental, is because of COVID.
Speaker 6: Kind of like you're saying, we.
Speaker 11: Didn't, you know, the Tendons dropped a lot as far as like how many they were allowing into the stadium. I think it went from like eighty thousands to maybe nineteen thousand or something.
Speaker 5: You got, even though there's less people, there's there's going to be more of a demand because they're not letting many people in. People want to just not letting.
Speaker 11: People come, okay, okay, okay, because and then the rest of the time we just use it as a family home, like because it's pretty much what we were doing anyway.
Speaker 6: And then just wait for the next season and then just amp up again. Basically that's what you want to do.
Speaker 3: Yet, yes, no doubtside, no doubt. You already own the home outright, and the that's the number one football team in the country depending on the year.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This year they lost in the national champion They made it to the national championship, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, and last year they won a championship two years ago and they got the number one player in the country. Yeah. Spring football. Hey, there's always spring football, Tiffany, So don't forget that too, because.
Speaker 6: People Spring game is actually Saturday.
Speaker 2: People come down for that too, So don't forget that. So that that's another week in the year, or at least a couple of weeks that you can have, right so.
Speaker 6: During that time. Yeah, I see somebody put that in the chat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I appreciate, appreciate so much.
Speaker 7: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: The problem no problem, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it comes. I gotta be done by Ohio State and the Ohio State lost Alabama.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they wanted to they wanted to top teams.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in fact, we're taking one more. What we're doing. Yeah, like uh uh, Isaiah, were coming to you. Mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on? Isaiah? Damn Isaiah?
Speaker 7: You can hear me now? Right? All right, cool, just got in time. Appreciate y'all. I just had a quick question. I'm moving to Miami soon.
Speaker 9: Apparently that's the theme of the night Man.
Speaker 2: What part?
Speaker 3: What part?
Speaker 19: I'm not sure yet.
Speaker 7: I'm planning on doing the Airbnb.
Speaker 6: Thing and.
Speaker 3: Moving to Miami.
Speaker 2: I actually am considered getting a place in Miami myself.
Speaker 9: Hey, that's where the weather is at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, we enjoy ourselves out there. Shout out to everybody in brickl Yeah.
Speaker 19: But I wanted to know, as someone looking to get into Airbnb, do you think it would be better Alexia too rent out a whole apartment or to just get like a two bedroom or three bedroom and runt out the other two rooms or the other room.
Speaker 7: And should I mention Airbnb at all?
Speaker 9: Like one getting the lease or not.
Speaker 6: It would just depend on where you go to in Miami. Some places do allow, they're okay with it. Some places are not.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 5: Some places you can still do it and you don't have to tell them in the whole building. Like I know, I come brucle it's all Airbnb.
Speaker 14: So.
Speaker 6: You don't have to you don't have you don't have to mention it to them.
Speaker 5: It's all about your approaching and where you actually, you know, get your lease said, and then with charging the doing the her room. I don't think Miami's a eye for that. You know, people people want to they typically come as a group anyway, so they probably want.
Speaker 6: The whole entire apartment.
Speaker 5: That's not really a place where people want to rin different rooms like that'll be a mess in Miami. So I don't I wouldn't do it that way down there. I would just do a whole entire apartment and we're not the whole apartment. They will pay down there.
Speaker 7: All right, Cool, I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Yeah in Miami, everybody come. It's a lot of good things happened in Miami right now. A lot of creatives, a lot of business, a lot of entrepreneurs.
Speaker 2: A lot of good weather.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of good weather, a lot.
Speaker 3: Of good everything. Shout out to the Great State of Florida.
Speaker 2: Clarence, Clarence, We're coming to you. I mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on?
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, how's it going?
Speaker 2: Everything's good?
Speaker 7: How I'm good? I'm good.
Speaker 15: So I am a super host. I've been doing Airbnb for three years. And shout out to Troy Mashad. They actually stayed in my place and they came to d C.
Speaker 7: Oh, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: It this is a moment. This is a moment crazy because no, no, no, we gotta we gotta address this situation. That's so crazy because so we in d C, and this is the power of network. You never know. So we in d C over a year ago, and we were doing an event at the Wizards Arena. So while we was in d C, we lined up a few interviews and we stayed at this Airbnb and the airbnb was dope. It was really really nice Airbnb. And we uh wait, Wade, the barber b Rule and k Kisia like back to back to back, and it just so happened that way. The barber well, you tell a story after this point, but.
Speaker 7: Way the barber cuts my hair. So and then I actually saw you saw the episode.
Speaker 3: It was like that's my that's my Yeah.
Speaker 15: I saw the I saw it in his story on on Instagram and I was like, that looked like my house.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 15: So yeah, shout out to you guys. You know you guys are welcome back anytime. Y'all were perfect.
Speaker 3: Yes, I appreciate that, man, and your Airbnb was immaculate also, so I encouraged anybody they're looking for Airbnb in d C in the DC area check them out. I don't know how that you put your information.
Speaker 2: In, but the call was on point.
Speaker 3: Everything was actually asked. I asked a real estate agent like, yo, how much this house costs? Like I'm like, Yo, this is this is dope. So yeah, man, shout out to you man. You did a great job with your Airbnb. Bro. But what's your question?
Speaker 7: Thank you? So question for you Alexia?
Speaker 15: So how do you deal with charges or damages that the host guarantee won't cover? Because I had a guest stay in my house for a month and I found out that he was charging his tesla in my garage and Airbnb wouldn't cover the extra charges for the electric bill.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, are you yes? All right?
Speaker 5: Okay, this is a challenge. That's why I'm not really too for a long term. Say right, and then number two, do you have a camera on the house.
Speaker 15: I had a camera on the outside, but you know when you when he was back in the car into the garage, I couldn't see. You know, there's no camera inside the garage or inside the house anywhere.
Speaker 6: So when you put in a claim with with the Airbnb, what did they say?
Speaker 7: They just said they they just said it wasn't it wasn't something that they could cover. I mean, they just said that it's not covered. They said it's not covered by the host guarantee for something like that.
Speaker 5: Honestly, Clarence, that that is just they just got over on you, the guests. So that that's like a one that's not really a charge, like a problem that we'll go through. Right, that is like maybe one maybe can happen one out of ten, SuperHost, So really with that, God.
Speaker 6: Will get him.
Speaker 15: I got some of my money back because he ruined my couch. They were smoking in my house, which they're not supposed to do, and there was a big smoke.
Speaker 7: There was a big burn hole in my couch. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I do not do long term stays.
Speaker 5: I don't like doing stays longer than two weeks even, And they'll try to they'll try to grab my properties when my new ones that I first list, because most properties are.
Speaker 6: Not they're not open for that long period of time.
Speaker 5: There might be one or two reservations within a thirty day period, so they'll try to grab those new properties, and I'm like, no, So what were.
Speaker 6: You went wrong with? Daddy? Is number one?
Speaker 5: You should have made sure you offered a free cleaning in between those in between that thirty day stay, because ideally what would happen is it'll still fall back unclear as it did. So if you would have offered a free steak, your housekeeper would have known they were already smoking inside of the house.
Speaker 6: That would have been two weeks.
Speaker 5: That's two weeks less, two weeks less, your electricity bill would have been cut, and then you would have had two weeks less of cleaning. So when somebody stays that long, basically, damn gonna live there, you know what I mean, It's gonna look like that when they actually leave. So if you've seen a housekeeper in between that time. I'm pretty sure they smoked in the first two weeks. The housekeeper would have would.
Speaker 6: Have caught that.
Speaker 7: It didn't smell like smoke though, because I wasn't.
Speaker 15: I did go in there like maybe a week after they were there, and it didn't smell like smoke.
Speaker 7: So I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Maggie offered a suggestion. She said, maybe in the future, if there's a way to track your daily usage throughout through your utility company, that might be a way to also keep tabs on how much electricity.
Speaker 3: Well, where are they coming in from?
Speaker 7: Actually they were, they were local.
Speaker 3: So Alexi, I thought about that. You don't know what. You know why I asked that question because they have a tesla, So you're not just gonna rent a tesla for a month. That's not that's not normal. So being at so that brings me to I wanted to ask you that that was actually you said that you don't rent to anybody that lives in Atlanta. It's a red flag.
Speaker 6: That's why Clarence, That's why that is why I would have I would have to go find him.
Speaker 15: I normally don't do that either, but He told me that a pipe busted at his house and they just needed.
Speaker 3: To tell us. Why you say you don't you live in Atlanta. Your airbnb is in Atlanta. You say you're not really trying to rent to nobody that lives in Atlanta. And from my understanding, it's like, why are you staying? Why? Why are you here? You're cheating on your wife, You're doing something that you're not holding. Why are you why you have an airbnb and you live down the street? Red flat, red flat?
Speaker 7: I mean that was hard to pass up. It was like it was it was it was a few grand.
Speaker 5: No, that's it's not about that. You could have pad with a short term. Did you give a discount?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: How much is your union listed at for.
Speaker 15: Night between It depends on well, it depends so between between two and three, and what's your mortgage or your rent?
Speaker 7: Mortgage is two grand?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that that isn't really good reservation. But look how much does your bill?
Speaker 6: How much of a house? How much of a headache did you have?
Speaker 9: It?
Speaker 6: Was it really worth it? You know what I mean? Like that is that's what I look at it.
Speaker 5: And that's why I like to tell people don't don't look at it. Don't look at it, don't look at it. Don't make it about the money, because I would rather have my piece than a dollar, and I would. I get it, don't don't. Don't get me wrong, I get it clearance. But that is why, those are the reasons why I don't listen telling the negatives, and I tell people that when they get ready to book, I don't I accept Alanta reservations based on my discretion. The pipe bussing, Oh my god, I cannot mean tell I can't even tell you how many times I've heard that. Look you my messages that like within twenty minutes. So yeah, that's I just don't do that. And then also what you can do is move forward. Things that you have a charging station at your well wait, did they provide their own charging or was it one already at the house.
Speaker 7: No, they had a cord that they had a tesla.
Speaker 15: It was like a cord that hooks up to hooks up to the car, and then they were just able to it was like a regular plug.
Speaker 7: They could just plug it into an outlet.
Speaker 6: They had an adaptary.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So and the thing about that is moving forward, you can't really say do not charge your Tesla cars at my house.
Speaker 6: Because most people do stuff and I don't, and I don't really agree with it.
Speaker 5: I'll tell, I'll tell, I'll put it on my listing, like, don't do this so I would make up, I'll say, do not use my white linen for your makeup. Use the black towel because I see it often. But like I said, that's that really doesn't happen, and they really just kind of got over on you, and I'm really sorry. I really don't have no answer for but that is just not accepting local reservations.
Speaker 3: I don't care how much these And you can list it too, like you said, that's a good point too. You can list it no Tesla charging going forward. Yeah, no electric, no electric.
Speaker 7: I just restricted access.
Speaker 3: To that's another that's another option. But yeah, shout out to Clarence Man. Yet your airbnb was a very enjoyable state for us. So I'm sad to hear that that happened, but I want to see it.
Speaker 7: I'll put the link in the you want me to send it to.
Speaker 3: You want me to put put the link, Yeah, but put the link in the chat also, Okay, appreciate you put put it on YouTube.
Speaker 7: Also if you can no worries, come again, come again.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. So yeah, man, I appreciate that. So yes, once again, ladies and gentlemen. We have almost an hour and fifty minutes of education and people have asked, like, you know, Eyo University was different from this in the podcast. It's like we have a nobody's going to ever get left behind. We have public school, which is free e I l University is private school. Public school is our podcast, our YouTube, our social media which every single day we have not missed the day in two years. We've been diligent about putting our free information, you know, on every single topic under the sun. Eyol University is a more custom experience where you get to ask questions. Where I do financial I don't take clients as far as being a financial plan and the only way I ask I answer questions at this point in time is an Eyo University in that two hour timeframe. I just don't have enough capacity to actually do that. People bombard me all the time, but like can I pick your brain? And and I just can't facilitate it. MG the mortgage Guy put together a home buyers blueprint which is worth the cost of a mission within itself. I think my financial planning everything is worth the cost of a mission. But it's a community. It's a community, so it's not for everybody, but it's for people that you know, want to be part of a community, want you know, more of a hands on approach. It's not a get rich quick thing. We're not promising anything, but we provide a lot of different things. We get your insight on our portfolios, we give classes on real estate. We do everything that you can possibly think of under the sun, financial planning MG, the mortgage Guys, home Buyers Blueprint, weekly classes, will book club, access to the Facebook group, which is a community within itself, which has infinity groups inside of the Facebook group, so people have like an NFT club, there's a crypto club. There's all kinds of different clubs where people actually get together aside from us even facilitating anything. So almost every single day of the week, there's something going on with Eyo University. So you go as far as the people that you're connected with. How do I notice because I've personally experienced it. My growth has been nobody's self made in this world, and the people that I'm surrounded with my peers have propelled me and I've propelled them, and we've propelled each other, and we work together as a group. That's why we have a group chat, and that's why we put the group chat in a e university. But that's the same thing. It's no different, you know, So whether you are part of a community, and like I said, this is the same thing that a universities do and you know institutions, fraternities, sororities, churches, hospitals, whatever, you know, it's people that work together and they build a community and they grow together. So no different from what we have done. Like I said, we built a university that I would say is comparable to any university Brown. Yeah, but like I said, the only thing is all university is a fraction of the price. So if you want to join, you can go to eyouniversity dot com. We're running a promo seventy percent off and yeah, forty eight hours and that's that's that price is six hundred dollars. And Alexia, once again, she is one of the best people I've ever heard speaking about this Airbnb. She can go on for hours and she's has over thirty properties and with Airbnb listings and that's not easy to do. And she has done the unthinkable because she survived covidh you survive COVID, you can survive anything. And she survived COVID. And she's a young, young black woman that's killing the game. And it just goes to show you its inspiration, its motivation, that there's never any limitations that can stop. But it's not like her parents were. Airbnb, super Bowls is a new industry. And you know, she put together intellectual property based off of her information, and she created a curriculum. And you know, I'm all for entrepreneurs creating curriculum. Some people have a problem with it, but that's just because they're not thinking fully. They have no problem with any European institution going to school and paying for NYU, for any you name it, Michigan State anything. Yeah, you don't even think twice about it. You encourage your kids. If your kids doesn't go to college, you're looking at them crazy. You can't even afford for your kids to go to college, and you still pressure them to go to college, ruining their life because they can't even afford it. And then they got sixty thousand dollars to the loan lucky. So yeah, she put together of course to teach people about Airbnb based off her experience.
Speaker 2: To make that tuition and lessoning.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we support that. You know, we lended our platform to her and we're grateful. We're grateful for that. And part of lending our platform for her is that, you know, she gave a discount, especially for us. So it's it's the website is mastering b n B E y L dot com and that is two fifty off. There's no promo code like just go. That is the price on the website, and that is the cheapest price that you can get her program out there, period with a tea like City Grade. Period. So yeah, so once again, we appreciate her. We're gonna be doing a lot of different things with her going forward. She's been one of our most prostigious alumni, great person, and she's killing the game, killing the game. So we appreciate her. And Alexey, I'll give you the last words if you have anything that you want to say.
Speaker 6: I just appreciate you guys. I love your audience. You guys are great.
Speaker 5: I'm so glad you guys are even you know the students you guys are your members. I've never seen anything like this before, especially ran by two black men. So I'm really really excited for you guys. Thank you guys for even providing this platform. I even learned a lot before I had my platform, my interview, I really didn't know much about euy L, But ever since I had my interview, I have been tuned into the different UH people and the knowledge that you guys provide.
Speaker 6: So I appreciate you guys, and and thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We saw you got a vendor machine.
Speaker 6: I have four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so we have to get like you said, you saw the trucks. We have to get e y E y L Airbnb.
Speaker 2: Up and run. Yeah, that's happening. That's happening. That be great, And I would just like to say thank you. It's been a wonderful way to end Women's Month. Man. We we started with on Monday, well we started the month with Angelauie, so shout out to her on Market Mondays. And this week has just been incredible with the Budgetessa on Market Moneys and then we had the wonderful poll on the card and yesterday if y'all didn't check out that episode, please go check out the episode, just a powerful story and now having you here tonight next year. It's been a wonderful week, So again, thank you and thank you to all the women. Last ones that we had the women's Initiatives, so shout out to the women that did that. It's just been an amazing month. So I hope everybody appreciated it. And anytime we get to highlight our women, we definitely will and give them the platform to display their expertise. Man, there's a lot of black women and women of color that are doing amazing things and so anytime we get to highlight that, we definitely look forward to. So thanks you.
Speaker 3: That's the fact. That's a fact.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 3: We highlighted three black women on three consecutive days, Budgeanista, Paula, and now Alexia, each different. Budganista is doing financial literacy, Paula owns a water distribution company, a water plant, and Alexia is killing the game of Airbnb. And this is things. You know, we always complain about the media not showing us in the right light, but you know, sometimes we can't complain. Sometimes we just have to do things for ourselves and sometimes we actually have to, you know, speak well about the people that are doing these things, and you know, I think we provide a platform with you know, sometimes you get used to things and you take it for granted, but you know, there's no other platform that is giving all of these entrepreneurs, all of these people a voice. Every single day, every single day, it's a different entrepreneur, a different investor. We've been doing this for two years. We introduced the world to some of your favorites consistently, so it's like, you know what I'm saying. At some point, you know, it's just important to just you know, acknowledge that. And you know, sometimes like people have comments and things of that nature. But it's cool with social media, but we just have to have a certain level of reverence for you know, people that actually, you know help. I think that you know, the people that we have on a platform help, and I think that we help by having the people on the platform. So once again, we're not complaining. We're not asking anybody to put us on a platform. We created our own platform and it just so happened that our platform is the biggest business platform in the world. So that's just that's not my opinion, that's a fact.
Speaker 2: Says it right here. Number one. So yeah, thank y'all. It's been a wonderful month and wonderful evening. Uh so y'all know how this goes. Man, Love is love. We will see y'all on Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Monday, And shout out to my boy ash Cash. He got a dope episode on ey L Network. We got our own podcast network. He got David Banner David David David David Banner eight o'clock on e y L Network, our YouTube channel and all podcasts out let's so check that out. But yes, we will see you guys later. Alexia, thank you for joining us, appreciate it and peace out. Everybody have a good night.
Speaker 4: My graduates from my school being forced back and drop drop Mike, drop back drop.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing kind and it's fast easy Just use Indeed stop struggling to get your job post seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need