Speaker 1: R and B Money. Thanks take volatility. We are the authorities.
Speaker 2: R and B ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: I'm Jay Valentine and this is the R and B Money Podcast.
Speaker 2: And yes, today I got my brother on here. Man.
Speaker 3: This I've known this brother for many moons, many moons, man, So today you know we're gonna take it slow.
Speaker 2: We're gonna look for a little top ten. You know what I'm saying. Some of the America's most wanted out here, you know. And uh, I ain't gonna make this long because I tell you I like to do my short and sweet man and get right to the point, especially when I got my player partners in the building.
Speaker 3: Man, everybody, please welcome my brother, your brother, the brother of all brothers.
Speaker 2: Oriyan my name. I was crazy. That's the best one. Man. What's up man, living man like one of y'all. Man, I mean, you've been all Valentine honorary bro.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You know how we do on the West Coast, man, and we you know, creatively come together. Man. That was ill. I'm gonna take that on.
Speaker 3: The brother of all brothers. When people think of brothers, and especially in this business, and as long as you guys have been a part of this business. You're you're one of the main brothers that gets mentioned because of your humility, you know what I mean, how loyal you are to your family. Like it shows. It's not even like it don't have to be a conversation. It's like, oh yeah, marian A, right right, And most people think you're the same person.
Speaker 2: Today. Still to this day, it doesn't bother me, you know you guys, just just in case you're wondering, because a lot of people, you know, I have a conversation, they'd be like, oh, wait a minute, I thought I was talking to Oh oh oh yeah. It's like, okay, it's all it's all good, it's all up. Yeah. Have you had like coming up though? Did you have those?
Speaker 3: Because you and your brother are so close in age, like me and my brother are a little further in age five years apart.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you can tell that we're not the same person.
Speaker 3: You see you see us and you're like them niggas is definitely brothers and wait is that? But you can you can see subtle things with you and O Marion, y'are so close in age, and I feel like y'all kind of have those twin moments of for sure, from the styling hairstyle. Have you had moments where you were just like, man, listen, I'm cutting these locks off. Are you cutting your locks off? Or nigga, I've cut my facial hair something.
Speaker 2: I definitely Whenever y'all see me cut the facial hair switching up, I'm like, all right, now, we we're not twins now, you know. But yeah, man, I think I think it's cool to have somebody like a brother in the business stuff, you know, who's two years older than me, which is it's pretty close enough to learn and also be a part of. So I was a part of a lot of things because of the leaps and bounds he decided to take.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 3: I love it, man, No, y'all've taken the journey together. Indeed, indeed, you know what I mean. And that's that's to be honored and appreciated. Man, Because this business, the first thing they try to break up is the family.
Speaker 2: Tell me about it, bro.
Speaker 3: You know, so seeing that meeting your mother when I you know what I mean, Like, I've known y'all at this point, Bro, I've known y'all twenty five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure, like.
Speaker 3: Stuff easily, Bro, I just remember being like, Yo, this is really dope that they move as this unit.
Speaker 2: Shout our mom, shout out nana. Man. You know, that's that's how we came up. Real real tribal, real community like and like you know, growing up, my mom made sure me and Bro was close, like I was wherever he wanted to go. It's like, all, can you can you Bro go with you? Because he can't go that I'm gonna think about it. Yeah, So you know, having that upbringing, man just just allow me so many opportunities like crazy. So let's take it back to Inglewood. Let's take it back to the wood.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, high parking market. Yeah, let's let's just take it back. So coming up, obviously it wasn't like you guys were born in it. Y'all had to really jump into the industry.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, no family members that, No no singers in the fam, no musicians in the fam. Yeah. My my mom my my family. Hair. Hair was the family thing, you know, styling hair. So my nana, my mom and aunts, they all styled hair and that was kind of like our d you know. My mom started doing God's Property hair songs like celebrity you know, celebrity hairstyles. So we would be you know, kids being at video shoots and being around it, and you know, I think that really sparked the interest and gave gave us a platform to kind of like because we were good kids, but it's like, all right, you're good, you can behave, but what you're gonna do? You know? That's how the that's how like growing up in the salon was, you know, like Mom's being the hairstyles and growing up, you know, it was like all right, what y'all, what y'all got? So you know that was that was pretty much you know, dodging, trying to trying to stay out of the you know, street life or like you know, cause it was just me growing moms for for for a minute, you know what I mean. And uh, she had us very young, so growing up there was a lot of people that doubted her, doubted that she would make us anything, you know what I mean, Like I could vividly just a young mother's stigma, bruh. Like I remember hearing conversations like you know, grown up converce stations, people talking about my mom and stuff like that, and just like us and like what does she you know, what I mean. And so yeah, like you said earlier, man, this was a journey that we all took together, you know, and I've just been able to learn so much and see see so much man through this.
Speaker 3: So was it a thing where you've seen O Mario already jump off the off the porch a little bit like all right, I gotta do it now?
Speaker 2: Or we at first? Were you hesitant? No? I think the way the way it happened, man, Like we we went to like performing arts schools like Shout Out Life of Miss Belinda. We went to all kind of little dance, little troops and stuff like that, so I had I had opportunities to do the same thing. Oh it's doing from the beginning off the rip. Okay. You know my mom was like, you want to you know what it's like? Let me let me, let me fall back. You know, I'm gonna see. I'm gonna see how Bro does it has always been your personality. Let me, Yes, we're gonna get cau. We're gonna get to that too. We're gonna get to that, you know. So I'm like, we got we're kindred spirits in that. Okay. So I'm like, okay, boom and yeah, man, I just I just always had the opportunity and the option because of you know, bro being us being like night and day, meaning like when we were younger, he was he was always performing, always singing, always flipping off off. I mean I flicked too, but you know, like he was always like that. But I was just like quiet, reading books, chile, just trying to discover things. So a lot of people other than my mom and my family, they, you know, when I was young, they thought like, man, all right, he not like this. The first one you got he's black back flipping and singing and you know, and he's just chilling. So I had the opportunity to just kind of think about what I wanted to do. And once I got in like middle school, man, I was like, yo, I want to do this. I did my first performance, like dance performance Chocolate Nutcracker, a little Holidays and joint, and once I hit the stage, I was like, Okay, I could do this. And then that next year B two K went on the road and I was like, hey, I'll carry all bags. So did you did you ever have art? I won't to say never. Did you ever have the opportunity.
Speaker 3: To be in the group oh no, So that wasn't that was a conversation at all.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no no, because B two K. I believe they they were a yeah, they were a group already, so they wasn't taking two of y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I was there. I was there when they all met that first day when they met and they was filling it out and all of that, and I was just like, whoa, this is darn, this is happening. Like, you know, I see the three guys, they like, okay, but you're not singing yet. No no, no, I'm not singing yet, and not even thinking about it. I'm just kind of peeping, like all right, what's Bro gonna do with this? Because you know, he didn't start singing, He started rapping, you know, so I saw him started that way and then it pivoted to him performing and basically learning how to sing. Yeah you know what I mean. So that was inspiring just off the rip, like wait a minute, Bro just hit a backflip. Now he's in a group, and now he moved out, like like yo, Bro moved out. It's like all happening, how fast? Bro? Like like I said, seventh grade, I'm on the on the stage doing it boo. By the time I'm in. By the time that school year started, he had moved out and was like rehearsing every day with the group, and you know, I was at home at school like damn, okay.
Speaker 3: So are you having also because people don't talk about this, are you having those moment spirits like you happy for him, but you miss big brother because like you said, for a long time, it's just y'all to a mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it was. It was. It was tough because you know, I went to all the same schools my brother went to, and so when he left middle school and went to high school, I went to the middle school he was going to. So everyone knew. I mean, you know, you know all the kids, eighth grader, steveth you know all of that. So you know, we were we were so close up until that point, and it was just like damn, like I had I had time and space to really think, like damn, what do I want to do?
Speaker 3: Because Bro Bro is gone, like he out of here and they once that record dropped, Bro, I mean I didn't see Bro for like a year, I want to say, maybe my eighth grade year.
Speaker 2: I don't even think I've seen Bro maybe a couple of times. They were so.
Speaker 3: Busy in the whole year and the whole year on some holiday step. Yeah, like, oh Bro home you know. And so was y'all life changing too though? Or were y'all still in Inglewood? No, me and moms we had went to the West side.
Speaker 2: So we left Inglewood and went like peak on Lebrea. So we started going a little more west, you know, towards Hollywood, and yeah, man, we were there for a little bit and it was just like, what you're gonna do, Ryan, You know, you're gonna you're gonna stay home and you know, just be regular, you know, like what you're gonna do? And and uh, like I said, Man, I had the opportunity to hit the road with them carrying bags. Oh you really did hit the road? Oh yeah, I hit the road that very eighth grade, ninth grade, the summer of my eighth grade year. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. I was like, yeah, I want to hit the road. And they was like, all right, you took my best friend with me. So is it scream tour yet? They had scream tours too, Scream Tour too. It's my first time coming home. The bag and whatever money y'all give me is just thank you, you know what I mean. I'm taking the bags from the tour bus. Me and my best friend Joe. What up, Joe? We taking bags from the tour bus to the room, Like here you go, guys, he got y'all need anything, let us go, let us know. And that really opened my eyes. Was that Tour Lamitate doing it for you out there on the streets. Yeah, yeao, not only the Tour Laminate. This is back when they used to give people per dimn oh oh yeah, a couple of dollars. Yeah, yeah, yeah, a couple of little you know what I mean. And I was stacking the per diem yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, man, it was it was. It was an eye opener because, like I said, I only went to kind of be there and you know, be there with bro and kind of see what was going moms with y'all too. No, no, no, mom's home, MoMA's home. Mam was homeworking, you know. Yeah, so that was that was yeah. Man, I got to travel the whole United States man, like the age of fifteen, bro, like with all access you know, to whatever, hotels, just just traveling and I remember one night man, actually because we used to pass out fires too, so I was passing off fires and they're performing and I'm just like, kind of is one of my first nights, just kind of watching them on stage and I'm just like, damn, I'm just thinking about how I saw them in the living room, like all practicing. I'm like, oh shit, like damn, they really hold up. I need to. I think I could do this too. I'm you know, I'm handing things out and you know, by the time we they were doing screen Tour three, I was going, I'm like, yeah, doing it again. Let me let me get back pass out flyers and help out man. Fortunately, all the B two K fans on the previous tour remember me, notice me, and they now they like, hey, we want you too, you know, so I can't even They kind of like you can't be out there no more. Yeah, man, And it's you know, all all the adults and the people, they're like, okay, he's a nuisance. He can't. Every time he goes out there and pass out flyers. The girls are like, you can't do this anymore.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, ah, they make you lose your job.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you don't realize the other job that's coming. I was like, dang boom, got sit home, Got sit home? Because you said you're a nuisance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right now, And I know what that means out there, like listen, you know it's funny man, because on the flip of that, even like when when Tank and I started the podcast, I came, you know, I came from back from behind the scenes before bro I would go in the crowd, I'll be at the sound booth.
Speaker 2: I'm walking through the crowd. It's all good. Yeah, podcast drop, its like you know what I'm saying, or when and.
Speaker 3: Slow came out and then it was like come on, hey, hey walking through here, you're doing security people. I'm like, oh ship, yeah, but I'm becoming a nuisance in a sense.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I really I really like to walk around the venue and yes and feel that anybody see me at the motherfucker popcorn booth? Yeah, man, So yeah, I started to become a nuisance.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: They sent me home and was like can you sing? You know? And I was like yeah, you know, and I didn't really I didn't have any training in singing. I didn't have any you know, any of that prior and uh, but she wasn't scared. Nah No, I was with it though. I was like, yeah, I could sing, you know what I mean. So they started putting me in the studio. Man, I think I want to say. Yeah. When I did take It slow, man, that was like one of the first times I was like an actual, real big session take it the first that single them vocals was like the first first first man. Shout out to my brother Donna's Donna's man, like yo, yeah, because he coached me through already know for you to be brand new, bro, he had to coach me through every line. I was like, and just how he just how he trained me in that session. Bro, I took that on like you know, like now when I record, it's like, you know, my engineer gotta be a vocal you know what I'm saying, because it's like how you have from the beginning off the rip, I had a Donis recorder. Yeah, you know he did a big portion of the first album with you. Yeah. Yeah, And that's really.
Speaker 3: Important in this business, right where to find your people, to find people that will sit with you and really help you develop because it's tough.
Speaker 2: Man, when it's this industry.
Speaker 3: Where you're just throwing people to this person, that person, I work with, this person, we don't care. You got to see a familiar face, you know what I mean, somebody that really care and somebody understands, you know what I mean. And to me, a producer and a writer like a Donna's is a guy sending in that type of in that type of situation facts, bro. Yeah, and and it it definitely after that happened and I got home and to have to start recording, it became very serious for me, you know, because I realized that, you know, recording with people like a Donna's rufus black Yeah, because Bam produced it though, right, people people do take it slow, yeah, yeah, yeah, the Bam too, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, child, the VAM and yeah, man, Like it was people like a Dona's, people like them taking the extra you know, going the extra mile to be like, hey, look, how are you at this time? Fifteen sixteen? Yeah? Are you're working on that out? Sixteen? Yeah? Sixteen? You guys your nice check when you first signed it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a nice little yeah, I got a nice little something little bundle, A little bundle.
Speaker 2: What did you get? Man? You had to buy something, bro, what did I as you went from the Roady bro now, having a record deal from Roady to record deal was kind of crazy. I got I got like an old school car that at sixteen, bro, I got an old school different, man, I got an old school that beamurs business school. I got an old school that I that I didn't really take care of. I ended up selling take care of those schools. Yeah. So and then I just I was just shopping. Yeah, hell of shopping, you know what I mean, like skateboards and so now are you out of school too? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, because once I went on Once I went on that tour, I came home and they pulled me out of school, like like yeah, man, you were about to put you to work. You know, you gotta go to work. And I started doing homeschool, which was like once a week at an actual place. But then like work packets and.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that. So did that year home I didn't turn nothing in. Yeah yeah, no, I ain't going you know what I mean, Listen, I'm wrong now.
Speaker 2: I definitely did it for like two months. Yeah, just going because I because I love reading and stuff. And then you know, once a schedule, man, you like I was cool off there, but I ain't go. Yeah, man, the homeschool. The homeschool is crazy because the homeschool I went to. Man, there were other like famous child like yeah, you know what I mean. Kyle Love Kyla was actually Kyler went to real school. Yeah, love y'all. Love y'all. She we went to real school and homeschool, the same home school. Yeah, so she went to Hamilton. Uh and yeah. Man, it was just it was crazy, bro, like getting getting uh and and with the with the span of nine months. Bro, it was like I was on the road and then I was recorded and doing promo, doing in stores, doing you know shows, and like it happened real fast, happened real fast.
Speaker 3: The cool thing for you, though, I'm sure, was that you had already experienced it adjacent exactly from your brother exactly, so you kind of knew what was ahead of you and y'all had and you were coming through the same system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, well yes, you kind of knew. Yeah, got the media training, got the you know once I got in, Like you said, once I got in the system, it was like I got the vocal training, I got the media training, I got all of these things that I didn't know. Once I signed a deal, you know, like, whoa, oh, this is this is a real this is a real craft that if you're great at it, you can really you can really you know, make some make some moments, you know. And that's when I really just started going in. Man, just like recording and you know, hitting the road.
Speaker 3: And so did you immediately go scream forward with them or no?
Speaker 2: No, no, I did not because around the time before my album came out, the first song that actually released was on and You Got You Got, You Got Certain? Why wasn't you in the movie? You know, I don't know, man, If you don't know why they left me all bad and bougie that that you gotta asks the directors and the people who put that together, because that was definitely a drop the ball moment. They could have been doing it for a ride. That was a drop the ball moment. I don't know why that happened. But I had a song on there, and we there was a we were doing a tour to promote it, and I was like when I first started hitting hitting the shows and stuff like that, and our first performance at the Universal Amphitheater when with Haywire, when Hey Wire, I got off stage and basically B two K broke up right backstage. Well yeah, I didn't think that's where the story was going. That's what happened. Like it was done done. It was done, done, done, showed that you were on with them. Yeah, yeah, so that's why. So that's why you never saw B two K promoting O'Ryan B two K performing, I mean, Orian performing with B two K, Like it just you know what I'm saying. It was just after that. It was like after you got served, it was like, all right, O'Ryan, you over here. And I don't know if it had to do with me being signed to Universal Motown and being epic and I don't know, but it wasn't. It wasn't the cohesiveness that I imagined. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. And it was just like, oh, oh snap, because I'm a solo artist and they're a group, but they're also all artists in their own right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But you had never been in a group. I had never You didn't even know what that experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was yeah. Yeah, So all I know is, you know, like I said, my first show, I was just like so excited, like oh, man blacked out didn't even know how I did what I did whatever. I'm like going back, like all right, you know, trying to ask the guys I know who I hadn't seen killed stages, how did I do? And it was just like, nah, it wasn't like that back there. I was just like, oh, it was just tense. It was tense. It was tense. It was tense. So I was like, oh, all right, all right, bet we're going this way, you know what I mean. And then shortly after you know, you know, oh, every everything, you know, It's just kind of like I feel like because I was in another system. Kadar Massenberg actually signed me to Universal Man Legend and Legend bro Yeah, Legend, Legend, Legend, So I think he I think he left around that time once my album came out and in Sylvia, you know, start coming in making history. So after that it just kind of like fell by the wayside. I was just kind of disinterested honestly by the business aspect of it, you know, because I was just like, oh, it just wasn't what I thought, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I was just like because in your mind, you're like, Okay, once I put out my project, I got some success I'm rocking with the bros.
Speaker 2: Were going on door I open up for you guys. Yeah. So yeah, it was it went another way and I was just like, oh, okay, I didn't I didn't really plan for this, but it was it was. It was essential, I think for me. Uh and a test for me, like to see if I really wanted it right and if I was really just doing it because it was like the thing to do and you know what I'm saying. So I kind of appreciated the fact that I was able to stand on stand alone for a while and learn more. So during that period, what did you do?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I was I would try to go to certain sessions and this is when I started hearing sounds in my head, and when I would go to certain sessions with producers and they just they were just not there. I just was like, man, all right, I'm out. I gotta leave. Bro, You're not You're not you know. You know I can't sing this. I'm not. I'm not you know. So I kind of got a little frustrated with it. And are you still signed at this point? Yeah? At that point you still got it. Yeah, still got the deal. Albums out, We're starting to work on a second album, right, and I'm getting sent to these sessions, and every session I go to mind you, me and my brother were you know, close. So if whoever he's recording with, I didn't heard the song I'm hearing, I'm hearing where the music is going. Yeah, with the premier artists.
Speaker 3: So I thought you, I thought you were going to say that they were trying to play you songs that he maybe didn't take you saying you're not even getting the level of records, no ship, not even and I'm like, this is this is weird.
Speaker 2: Why why am I not working with that person? Why am I not working with that person? You know? And it basically what what I uh understood. But when I stood when I kind of stood back, was you know, when you're a young entertainer, if you don't have if when you're a young talent, if you don't have like a a big executive that kind of believes in you young. You know what I'm saying, to a major and they don't and they don't know your vision, they don't you know, and not or even gar to sometimes yeah yeah, yeah, you know, And not that I didn't feel like anyone didn't believe in me or didn't like, oh I don't know, you know, that wasn't a thing to me. It was just like when you look at the game, you see like, okay, you know, all the executives that bring in these legends like you know, Kadar and Erica, you know, or Chris and Tina. You know, like everybody has somebody that's like YO behind them, right. And when I when I recognized and I saw that I didn't have that, I was like, oh, okay, okay, that's all that's all it is. And I feel like when you don't have that, then you have to get in your super creative bag, you know, and just just create something, you know. So that's what I started doing. The deal kind of like fell apart. They were asking me to.
Speaker 3: Like cut my hair, and so were they trying to separate you from O Mario in a sense from it looks sense.
Speaker 2: You know what, I think so? And I think the issue was because me and my brother had the same management but signed two different labels. They were trying to manage O Marion because the group broke up, but they were never planning on managing O Marion, but they had to at this point. So I think that that was just too much, you know, to try to juggle. And you know, so I just kind of started finding my own people I wanted to create with shout out Jay bining on my bro, kind of moved in with a friend for a while, started creating, started like exploring music, and then and then I just I just kept creating, man, I kept creating. I kept creating, And by the time I turned twenty, I had a baby. You know, you kept creating, created a baby. Yeah, you kept creating.
Speaker 3: And then that's and that's a whole another oh thing, that that that I was. You know, we speak about that too sometimes, the difference between the men of our industry and the women of our industry having babies and it being a different type of experience. Oh yeah, I feel like in yours you really fell into fatherhood. Oh yeah, oh yeah, which don't always happen because, yeah, the men of our industry are so focused on that work. Yeah yeah, and staying and staying uh, staying in the game.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, And you know I thought about that, man. But honestly, my co creator in Parenthood at the time, she's also an artist, so watching her cultivate her story and what she where she was going in the midst of being pregnant all of these things as an artist and also a friend because we we've known each others just like elementary school and same management, like we've come up together. So for me, it was just like let me, let me, let me stay home because I ain't really have a hands on type of situation growing up with the male so I was I was shutting it down. I was like, hey, this this is my time to shine on this. You know, I can. I can be the father I didn't have. I could do the things I always wanted someone to do with me. I could do that with my daughter. And that's that's immediately what I what I saw. Yeah, you know, so I locked in with that. And you know, like I said, when when Jane, when she even prior to her getting pregnant, like I just saw, I've watched her grind it out. So I'm talking about thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, like all these years, I'm like damn and singing like talented, you feel me? So once that happened, man, I was just like, yeah, nah, you go, you go first, because you are hot and ready. And it was inspiring because once once I started seeing her go for it, man, Like it was just hitting. It was just like all of it was coming. It was all connected. It was all coming to fruition for her. And I couldn't be more happy and just like damn, yeah, like just inspired because you know, for you know a little part of me. I didn't give up, you know what I'm saying, But I gave in more to my personal life at that time because you know, like you said, when you when you have when you're trying to be a hard throb out there and you got a baby, it's a little different, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And finding that balance is tough. Yeah, finding that balance is tough. And you know, man, I think that big part of me falling back on my artistry as far as from being a singer, was me raising my kids too.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. So you know, I wanted to be there.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to miss no first days in school and no, you know, the tooth fell.
Speaker 2: Out and it was great.
Speaker 3: I want to want to give them the ten dollars twenty dollars for the tooth and you I mean, you know.
Speaker 2: The chieftain went up. Hey, hey, they went up. Man, very.
Speaker 3: Is so but all those moments man, my son's basketball games, my daughter's volleyball and soccer, Like, yeah, it's not it's almost damnar impossible to chase that.
Speaker 2: And to be at all that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it is what I mean to chase, To chase it, you know what we're trying to chase from a career standpoint, from an artist standpoint, right, because artist has to say yes way more than they have to they then they can say nohing. They got to be available. They gotta be available.
Speaker 3: They gotta be at the radio, they are, they gotta be at these interviews, they gotta go do the shows. It's a lot of it's a lot of guy, I gotta got yeah. Right, So you can't make your schedule. Artists don't make their schedule.
Speaker 2: Until, let's take get to a higher level.
Speaker 3: And the funny thing even about that is that when an artist has the opportunity to make their schedules, now people call them difficult.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, because it's like they've earned this, you know what I'm saying, Like, if you are a multi platinum artists or somebody who's making millions of dollars, you've earned the right to say, hey, this is one, I'll be there. I'm tired.
Speaker 3: Yeah, facts, I'll see y'all next week, oh god, or you know what, I'll see y'all later whatever. That is, right, So, being a being a parent and a but just even more importantly for us as men, being a father, an active father in this business is really tough from.
Speaker 2: An artist side. Yeah, it really is, especially when you're trying to build.
Speaker 3: Now, when you get to a level, yeah, and then you're trying to build, it's tough.
Speaker 2: Bro, It's tough. It really is.
Speaker 3: So I can That's why I said you and I are kindred spirits and ways of pivoting.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know, you gotta look, I'm different. Your pivot game is crazy. I've been seeing you people for a long time, and it's only certain people I feel like I've been able to know and see in this business from my standpoint, you know, having a brother, having access but not the platform, so to speak, or being a part of the background, or being you know, it's certain people I always see, you feel me. It's certain people I always acknowledged because it's like, oh, yeah you you okay, yeah, we you know we in this. Yeah, I'm gonna be in the room I'm supposed to be okay, every you know what I mean, every time. I will not be in every room but the one I want to be. That's what I'm saying, Like, I know if I see you in the room, I've been right really like Okay, yeah, we're gonna be here tonight, absolutely, Bro. So I and why are you here? Man?
Speaker 3: I want to I just want to commend you for that though, for making that decision and insanity yourself, like listen, like this is this is what I'm going to focus on, because you could have listened.
Speaker 2: Man, you could have chased and chased and chased in a different way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think, and you can tell me if I'm wrong. I feel like you always found satisfaction in.
Speaker 2: Old success too, Oh for sure. So as long as bro cracking, Oh we crack, it's lit, it's lit. Yeah, Because you know, like I was saying earlier, Man, I I remember hearing damn, it's certain family members. Oh it's singing, singing in the house, jumping around. Shut up. I remember that. Yeah, because I was quiet. Didn't nobody tell me to show up because I was already quiet. But I remember that, man, So whenever I see him doing anything. I'm like, yeah, nigga, Like, Bro, it's okay, Bro, all right, well a hold on, hold on, let me get you know, we inspire each other. So yeah, man, that's how moms raised us. Man. Like the closeness we have is like I can only be I can only be happy for bro Man with whatever he got going on, because it's like, yeah.
Speaker 3: What became so now you you you fully immersed in fatherhood and and having a regular life. Yeah, what became like your day to day of things that you were you were You're like, okay, well I'm still gonna find my musical force or did you even get into other businesses?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Man, well you know what? Shout out me Yoko, because she she actually posed this question to me. So yeah, I think my daughter was probably like four shout all yeah right a right, shut shout out the fan, man, because I forget how old my daughter was. Man. But Janey was doing Coachella and we drove out there, and this is since I was young, I always to make mix CDs, you know, make a little playlist for the drive, long drive or whatever. I always be driving. So while we're driving back, Miyoko's like, man, like it's a good mix, like like why don't you DJ? Or right, like what's up? And I was like I don't know, like I never, I didn't. I didn't even respond to her, I don't think. But I just started thinking in my head like wait a minute, what I literally make mixes all the time, just my own, you know, listen to and whatever. I'm like, damn, okay, I think I'm gonna go for it, So go back, get to LA and I immediately go to uh Scratch Academy. Shout out Scratch Academy. It's djk me go to Scratch Academy. Fall in love with music again from a from a different from a different standpoint, because I wouldn't say I felt out of love with music, but I started loving music at a distance, you know what I mean. I started loving music like like a music lover and not like a music maker. You know what I'm saying. I know what you mean? You know what? So I'm like, okay, you know I'm gonna appreciate this part. And sure enough, man shout out Janey because she actually booked me as a DJ for my first gig. This is great, this is better, actually booked me.
Speaker 3: What I want to say to before. When women talk, listen, hey, listen facts. When they speak to us, you must listen.
Speaker 2: Listen up. Yeah, she had a party. She was I think it was like her merch release, like that Downtown y'all book Me got your Bag. I was like, okay, hold yeah, hold on, hold up, you know. And so that just kind of that just kind of woke up that music spirit back in me, man, because now I'm back in the venue. But and a whole nother Like you said, I'm not walking on I'm not backstage. Now I'm on the stage, but I'm okay, a whole different function. Yeah, that's a whole nother, another aspect. So so you dive into the DJ, dive into the DJ in bro just like going hard with the DJ in doing back on the block, doing clubs, doing little little diners, doing like doing all these little gigs. Man. And and are you playing your records? No, that's the crazy. You never mix nothing in on top of something that. No, not not early on, okay, not early on, Not early on.
Speaker 3: Were you trying to get away from the Orion Moniker?
Speaker 2: What are you going by the DJ? Well? At first I was going by DJ Poppa right, Oh, so you was oh yeah, you're completely away from DJ POPA. You know that the acronym was like parent and party animal like that was the act that parent and party animal like, that was the act I was. I was not going to I wasn't out of the lineup. I wasn't gonna I was just gonna say, okay, because you're daddy, now you just call you some DJ pop parent Parmy. That was. That was the you know what I mean. I was like, all right, I'm gonna go with this, and like I said, man, it started putting me in the rooms again where I'm I'm with all the people. I know, they're like, hey, oh wait you over there. Okay, okay, but what you doing though, you know, and I'm like, you know, I was low key, man. I was trying to get away from that because I felt like, you know, what the game needs from a solo artist, you know, at you know, it's just a lot you feel I want to do it. It's a lot.
Speaker 5: And I was just like, I'm gonna just play everyone else's records, you know, because it was fun, man, and it was it was inspiring, but you know, it came to a point where you know, bro, you know, bro, was like, Hey, you're trying to, you know, DJ for me.
Speaker 2: I'm like Bird, I'm like all right that. So that wasn't even a given at first, Like no, no, no, Like like I dj for maybe like three or four years before I started DJing with Bro as his DJ and as DJ Popper No just as see not Love. So so DJ Popp is that that. I'm so glad you said that, because, you know, I had to make a decision because a lot of people wanted to book Oriyan because they saw me DJing and They're like, what are you gonna sane? Are you gonna you know what I mean? And I'm like, no, that's a whole nother hit. Neck, that's a different You don't need my dad? Is I need my you know? And well I went on on on tour with Bro as this DJ. There was an opportunity for me to sing take It Slow, pop Out, and it was like the response every Bro I already know I was, that's a fucking jam. I was Bro got one and once I didn't eed, I wouldn't. I'm not gonna say I didn't know. I'm gonna say that because at that time when it came out, I'm talking about the young singers were on fire, right, I'm talking about Lloyd Rio Brown. It was it was so lit. I mean, it's so many I'm forgetting the name. You like, it was lit, you know. So it was like, you know, I'm glad I didn't really get to flourish in that because I felt like, you are you know what I mean? Are you like you glad that you didn't really like? Yeah? Yeah, because I feel like the way my story needed to go, Like my fatherhood, my my maturity, my DJing, It's like all of that needed to go into my store and it had to happen that way. It had to happen, man, you know. So like I said, when Bro, when I'm singing taking slow Man on on a millennium tour, man, and I'm and I'm every night people are singing it back to me, I'm like holding back tears because you had never fully experienced I never experienced it, bro, like I didn't. It's a grown man record too though.
Speaker 3: I mean that's the other part, bro, between being sixteen or twenty six singing that way different And that's.
Speaker 2: Why I was not mad. And I was like, Yo, this ship is lining up because I could they feel this now different and I'm singing it different now. Bro, I was like you going, I know what you was doing? Like what? Thank you? So yeah, it all, it all happened the way it was supposed to, man and I and like I said, man, I don't regret anything. I don't wish nothing happened different like it all happened I was supposed to happen, and it definitely didn't happen like I thought it would.
Speaker 3: Okay, speaking of things happen when they're supposed to have it, let's get this goddamn verses.
Speaker 2: Oh lord, oh my god. You know I was there obviously, you know I was there. You know I was there, and the old mailing man. Fuck, let's yeah, get there, let's get there. Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So so your brother's been here and he's told his side of the story.
Speaker 2: I got to hear your side of the story, though, because you had to agree. You had to agree. Not only did I agree, I posed the damn moment because I'm nasty, man, I'm nasty. And you know, instead of bringing a young lady up and demonstrating on her on her actual body, because that's what's happening on stage now. Yeah, I just some clips. Yeah. I was trying to be cool. Hey, I was. I was trying to be cool and insinuate. But yeah, so I'm like, hey, you know, hey, you know because because the tour, the tour that we did, there was a segment in the tour where I went in this like box and one of the dancers was on a chair and I went in there and had the watermelon in between her legs and was like, you know, simulating like I was eating her out, but it was a watermelon right there. So I was going crazy. And then oh, okay, we thought you were just in the dancers, yo. You know, so that's where the idea came from. And we're like, we're gonna run it on here. I'm like, bad, let's run it. Oh my god, wow backfire. Oh I'm like, did y'all ever drop the o'mellon's man? Because your make me man? We tucked them away. We tucked them away because I mean, no, nobody understood the the the insinuation, you know, because because all the fellas was asking, you know, that's why we was doing it, and we like, this was for the ladies.
Speaker 3: He y'all was wilding, bro we was willing y'all was wild man, you know what this is when I you know, so this is for me. This when I really realized, I said, oh, they hood niggas, because this is the thing about hood niggas. Hood niggas will jump off the roof, off the bridge if they're like, oh.
Speaker 2: Niggas gonna be what yeah, were doing that? Let's gone no, yeah, yeah, who was out there? He was out there? I jumped, bro, And it didn't It did not translate during the moment. Did you know it's not translated immediately immediately because I heard men, I'm like, oh my god, it's not I mean the ladies in the front, they was like, but then I heard base, I heard men. Hear these niggas. Tripp's not like because it's.
Speaker 3: No matter how loud it is, you hear that one bruniggas tripping.
Speaker 2: Did you get to the backstage? You throw the water man at the water I threw that mother away. I threw that mug away man man, And.
Speaker 3: It wasn't enough ladies out there. It wasn't enough lady. Because that's the thing. No matter how R and B a versus is bro versus.
Speaker 6: This straight fighter, Bro, it's about and that's what and that's what I did learn on both the verses, we.
Speaker 2: Might as well what they say minus way, oh my lord, minus what's what I learned? Go to to the next with two that that that you know, you know me, I love having a good time, and I show up to have a good time, of course, and anybody in the future versus don't ever show up the verses have a good time. Don't do it because because you ain't gonna have a good time. Don't show up to have a good time because you ain't gonna have your you know you got the rooms ain't built for that. And the energy of like because you know, we know pretty Ricky bach K a fan. Like it's many tours together, many many backs, walk every night type thing, right, but these weren't the guys. We went backstage at the stadium that night, you know, and yeah, man, I was like, I was frustrated, man, because I gotta I gotta list the songs prior, days prior. I gotta list of songs. As a DJ, I got a list of songs days prior. Alright, just the list. We're going away, boom back.
Speaker 3: I got him fired up. Once we get going. Ninjas is asking me for the songs that's not on the list. Want to remix the remix because what happens is the energy is shipping by what other people are playing. Yes see Okay, So if you're gonna do a versus too, you gotta have audibles. You gotta adible because it has you have to be mindful of like what they might then we play yes, and if they don't, then we play yes.
Speaker 2: Yes. So shout out pretty really shout out pleasure, Pete Man, because I mean, and.
Speaker 3: Nigga peeing that motherfucking Mariocchi outfigure. It was going crazy.
Speaker 2: Hey, they came and then and they showed out, and you know, I wish the stage was bigger because I feel like that's why BK did for me. Yeah. You know, all I saw from B two K is like I'm like, they looking they like, okay, we were about to you know what I mean, But the stage was so small and the and and you know they gave us like ninety seconds. That's that's what was crazy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Why y'all tell us ninety seconds and then and then let them just go on for one hundred and forty seconds. I wasn't right. I was counting bro, because that's something they told us in the in the in the sound check, they're like, all right, ninety seconds and then we gotta rimp it whoop, And I'm like, all right, bet you know, I'm almost stick to the rule. Other side in twenty seconds, I'm like, dang man.
Speaker 3: I also like, while we're here, I just also like to say, man that you know, listen up.
Speaker 2: Was the last song that was played, and I appreciate it went. I mean, I made my third verses. Hey, hey, hey, come on, that's how I say reverses at this point. That's you gotta get in versus Jersey needa versus Jersey knee one knee one because bro, that that was not like them nights on tour, Like, yeah, but it's great. What I will say though, versus great for the coach. It's fun.
Speaker 3: That's what I wis was I wish. I wish people did have even though you said you shouldn't. There shouldn't be your intentions. Yeah, I wish people actually did have fun on it though, right right right, even when you know, when we did it with Tank and Tyrese, yeah it turned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like it wasn't mean it wasn't fun, but then it was like it was so many jazz. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was just like, you know what I mean, so because I hope even even I think it's because that because of the name versus makes me feel like yeah, yeah, yeah, instead of a celebration, yeah and yeah. And I think the audience comes to the verses to what that is, staying on their side and to go against, you know, instead of actually partying together and being like oh yeah, So for me, man, that that that's something that in the future, because obviously they're going to do more oh yeah, I just I hope that it shifts a little more towards that more of a party.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yea. Even even watching like Game and YG, them niggas had a good ass time. You know. That was you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They wasn't going at each other, and that's honestly what I feel like people expected because of them. Niggas probably had the most fun in a while that I've seen, probably since Snoop and d m X Oh yeah didn't Yeah, that was that was epic. Snooper didn't, Max Fort and Short those were ones to me where.
Speaker 2: It was just like, that's what we're celebrating this ship, man, we have a good ass time exactly, you know what I mean? Yeah, because all the R and B versus have been very tense, so.
Speaker 3: Niggas is wild too, you know, yeah, they ain't where there is that but yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Be Took had a big stage. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they need they need room to hit that that that eight count because you know, the moves is is epic, the music is epic, and you know, yeah, like I just felt like pretty ricky man that that was there. That was more their arena for sure, because they had them songs that that live in that space. You know that space. Yeah, it's hood yeah versuss hood Yeah, in this hood R and B oh all the way hood R and B all the way the day the hood R and B ghosts. So so next man, you just up to your acting back, Yes, sir, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: We've talked about how they didn't put you in and uh you got served, which is crazy, wild, insanity, insanity. There's a lot of parts that he could have played in that movie. But now y'all got wild rolls.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir. So on All Black, Yes, sir, All Black, on the All Black app Apple TV, Come on man, listen Prime. Yeah, man, you can check it out. I've been Come on, mat Chase, come on, you mean you you're an assassin. Listen you part of part of it. And I'm playing the older brother. I ain't even peep that you're the older brother, sir. I'm the older brother this time. So that was I would say that was probably the most fun part about doing this show with Bro because we went in with the same acting coach, so he would he would go with her maybe like an hour before and I'll go, I'll follow, and then sometimes as we'll do it together, and it was so awkward, like you know, like you know, looking at Bro like I'm the older Bro. I'm you know, I'm like, this is awkward. Hold on, I got it. I gotta be older Bro, So I have I have. I think they purposely wrote it like that, so y'all would have that. I don't know, man, I don't know, because some other actors actually auditioned for his older to play his older brother, you know, so I auditioned a little after and Neil did shut out Daisy. I think I think they might have wrote it like that on purpose, But it was it was a crazy experience, Bro, because we did it. We did it in like forty forty five days or something. The whole season, whole whole joint sit night after night, not like like like a student, like like you know.
Speaker 3: So who produced the Daisy?
Speaker 2: Uh? What is my man? I'm sorry to Daisy's the writer too though, right, yeah, I'll be days wrote wrote it too, and he he he was on tour with us. So that's why I feel like, yeah, he was on tour with us when when we when B t K did that first tour, uh, and they came back together that first time. He filmed the documentary. No man, he filmed the documentary and I don't know how he did. He had about eight cameras out there. The shots he got was crazy. So he did that and then wrote the show Man and it was it was the It was the the most eye open experience because you know, me and Bro we've worked on songs here and there, but like a production like that, you know, having different call times, having you know, seeing each other only at work and the uh in North Hollywood. Yeah yeah, yep, yep, yep so and and some like in Hollywood and stuff like that. So it was crazy, man, just like locking in with Bro on a project like that and seeing it come out and people receive it and loving it, and it's just like, well, bro, I'm locked in. Bro, Bro, are you dying my quill? Bro right? Man quill Man. I wouldn't tell them too much, you know. I mean, yeah, that one was hard. I was like, we was just licking it. Yeah, but the set, the set was crazy. The whole experience was crazy. Man, Like, I can't wait to season two. Season two is coming. Oh so y'all already locked in? Season two coming? Oh?
Speaker 3: Congratulations bro, congratulations. Now it's dope to see you in this light now too. Right where you're you're it's just flexing your creative muscles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I think, like I was saying earlier, man, it was meant for me to get greater later, you know, because I feel like if I would have went off the handle a little sooner, you know, I might not have been disciplined enough to handle it, or you know, mighta I don't know, something else might have happened. But what I was able to receive by supporting people I love, you know, my brother's I was able to learn so much, like I said, seeing someone you know become a mother and then still be that artist become a better artist, Like I was just inspired, Like damn, okay, hold up, you did that, and yeah, man, I got inspired, bro, And you know, I'm just I'm just grateful for how things are planning out, you know, because I didn't I didn't see any of this coming the way it did. And that allowed me to stop focusing on what it should be, what it could be, and just being present and like, hey, be present, do the best you can, and do your thing now in the moment. Yeah, you know, And yeah, DJ helped. DJ helped me with that, because sometimes you'll be in a spot and if you may the playlist that they're not really vibe into, you gotta switch it up audible and you see it, and you see it, you're okay, you know, So it all everything happened for a reason. Man. I'm just grateful to still be here, still still have people that care about the music, care about the art, that are following the art. I mean, shout out social media too, man, a. Social media has been a god send if you know how to use it, amen, don't get caught up. That's it.
Speaker 3: Just don't get caught up, bro, like you know, use it for what it is. And don't don't look at the one bad comment. Yeah yeah, I appreciate everybody that is in this industry.
Speaker 2: Yeah that because false victim.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, bro, you got one hundred comments of love man, and one on one says you got a big ass forehead and now you're going crazy. Now you're like, are you sing?
Speaker 6: You like?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, yeah, you got it. You got it if you want to engage, engage, it's cool.
Speaker 3: Like when people be shutting their pages off. Yeah, it's like, come on, cut the comments off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I had I had a few. I had a few moments. You cut the comments off? No, no, no, where I probably shouldn't have engaged, and I engaged. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The other part is too if if you realize that eras their comment are yours are both or whatever?
Speaker 2: I like, God, move on and it's out. Yeah yeah, so what's next? Now? What's what's next? Man? Or here? You got a new album? Man? Albums on the way? Okay, right now, what we're calling it? Are we saying what we call it? You ain't locked in yet to that? We ain't locked in yet? Okay? Not on Meloni? Yeah, yeah, Melons is out. You're switching up on the fruit, y'all. We're gonna put the mailing down for a little bit. Okay, but ladies, don't worry. It's a peach, no. But working on an album, man, filming all the videos right now to pull out like a full release, you know what I mean. Videos, all that, concerts, all of that should be out in the in the next month or so, you know, kind of like I wouldn't say. It's a follow up to the original O'Rion album, which I will be re releasing also and re recording with my man voice, you know, with with the with the today voice. Yeah, because I could still hit them notes, but they're hitting a little different, you know what I'm saying, with the grab on there and just you know what I'm saying, you got you know what I mean. So so the vocals is hitting a little grown. So just just getting back to it. Man. My kids is older, you know, they're teenagers now. So I have the space and you know, in in the in the mental fortitude to be like, okay, you know, because you feel guilt.
Speaker 3: They can make their own sandwich exactly, because it's it's a different time with kids to make their own sandwich and the remote.
Speaker 2: Hey, come on, make you a sandwich? Hey, now where am my sandwich at? Make it how I like it? But yeah, man, like albums coming. I got a film role that I'm working on, you know.
Speaker 3: So we locked into the into the television, yeah bro.
Speaker 2: And and I'm slowly writing the Orion you know story, you know what I mean, because people I feel like, need to see people, people need to see visually what it looks like. So it'll be loose based. Yeah, loosely based, you know what I mean. Loosely based, but it'll be my story. But you know from just you know, young kids coming up in California, you know what I mean, having opportunities, you know, being ready or not that.
Speaker 3: And I might have told them that in private art on on the on the pot. But it's different when you're from l A.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I've noticed that from my folks that are from here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So for you to fall back in a city like la it's very different. Yeah, because it's expected. Yeah, it's like once you're on your own, yeah yeah, go, and.
Speaker 2: Even when you're not on, you're supposed to be because it's like you can't just be a regular person, a regular life cool like yeah, doing regular cool ship. Yeah yeah, it's a different it's a different type of pressure. Oh oh mind for for people that I know that are from southern California, absolutely because I feel like we get to see inside of the business in a different way that somebody from another state, you know, or another place, like they're not maybe privy to certain things, you know what I mean. So we see we see it all, you know what I mean. We see the people not get credit. You know, we see like we see people get credit for maybe what they don't do, or we see somebody really grinding and they deserve it, but they got it, you know what I'm saying. All because they people they got with them like people in LA see the business like the dirty side, the dirty you know what I'm saying. So yeah, to be from LA and actually still want to pursue it, you definitely that that in out. You gotta be a soldier.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, you know, not bro like And like I said even earlier, I'm proud of you. I've known you than i've known you seen your teenager yeah fact, you know what I mean. Like and to see you at this stage of your life, man, it to be just a cool dude.
Speaker 2: Thank you a cool.
Speaker 3: Human, great grown man, you know what I'm saying. So it means something. It means something. And to see that you still got your mentals, you got you know what I mean, then that's something that we also should speak more about. Absolutely right, absolutely what the toes that this takes on people. And it's really hard, man, It's really hard to see our peers man years later and be like damn man.
Speaker 2: Yeah it got to them. Yeah yeah, whooped them? It got them? Yeah, you know what I mean. It's hard.
Speaker 3: So it's hard when I see my my my comrades man that have survived it. Man, I got to salute them for it, because it takes a different It take a different mindset.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It beat you down to make it through. It beats you down.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: It'll take your confidence, it'll take your your you know, everything you thought you were. You know what I mean, It'll it'll take everything from you if you if you believe you know what I'm saying, if you believe that you know more that more than you believe in yourself, you know, because that's what that's what I took from all of like you know, my brother or seeing all of my friends like make something of themselves. Like I'm like, wait a minute, they really believe in themselves. Like I gotta get my belief up because what you know, how did you know? Like like I said, my brother from even people like Kyler Pratt, like like seeing a young woman do it. Also seeing seeing just so many people I know, you know, Janey, just so so many people like damn, Like you gotta be built different, you know, and you gotta fully fully agree to give your best and give your all at all times, you know, and be present you know. So yeah, man, I'm I'm I'm still I'm still coming. I'm still I'm still on the way. You know, I'm still here. You know, I'm definitely not going nowhere. You know, movies, music, you know, Like I said, shout out social media because I mean I feel like social media really shined a light on me. You know, the industry so to speak, they the industry didn't really acknowledge. O. Ryan. You know what I'm saying as an artist, you know what I mean. Social media show how the people really feel. Yeah yeah, yeah, so that's it. So I rocks. I rocks with it. And like you said, man, as long as as long as you you know, keep it cool. You know, even though I'm I'm I'm adventurous online, you know, but I keep it cool, you know what I mean? Yeah, man, So let's let's get into this music.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: We got we got something I want to you know, I play for you, man, that was sent in by our good brother Tank Man.
Speaker 2: You know it's that time. Yeah, you're top five. We want to know fun You're okay already come on now we've got to know you. Yeah, they want to know.
Speaker 7: Yes, o god, okay, oh cold out like yo yo, okay, okay, so we go.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get to it. We need your top five songs. Okay, which are you gonna do? First? You wanna do singles? A song? Let me do singers? Yeah, yeah, okay, because I gonna do sing Lenny Kravitz, hm hmm, my man, Smoky from Player, Yeah, Mitchell John, Yes, sir from Commission come on, my man forget his name, a man from Boys to Man, Sean come on Sean Boys Yeah yeah yeah, and from my last one. I'm gonna say tank Man and Tank five. I'm gonna say Tank five, So I gotta ask a question. I'm gonna say Tank you mentioned Lenny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think is amazing, Yes, sir, Lenny be working out in jeans and leather bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. I take a little inspiration from Lenny. Man, you're hit in the gym with jeans and leather on, bro. I mean sometimes he's hanging off the ab. Yeah yeah, Bro, I'm in the gym definitely like fitted, like with some ship on. He said that though, he was like, I gotta prepare for the stage like this sta exactly exactly Bro. Yeah yeah and and I and I said Lenny because although he's a rock artist, he got he got so he puts that, so is there man, So yeah, yeah, yeah takes because you know, bro. Yeah ko like like game changer, okay, top five R and B songs. So cheers to you, my player, classic M That's all I ask of you, biche, That's all I ask you. I know, it's uh yeah, that's all that's all I ask you. Yeah, So that's all I ask you from Tony Tony Tony, and then Brandy ask of you is probably what is yeah, ask you Brandy full Moon. I'm gonna say, okay, okay, full Moon Brandy the album, the whole album are pretty much okay, pretty much shout out my brother Mike City, you know. And so that's three. And then Junie Morrison, Junie Morrison, what's the name, super Spirit, Junie Morrison, super Spirit, SuperSpirit, come on, put us on the something, Junie Morrison, super Spirit. And my last one, bring my bell and need a word. That's a fucking jam Yeah yeah, yeah, Now I'm rocket. I'm rolling with that. Yeah. All right. So now we're gonna build your vote Tron the ultimate R and B singer. We got four elements okay, the voice, performance style, styling okay, and the passion of the artist. Okay. And then for you, now who would DJ for that artist? Okay, because now we're DJ. Okay, I got it, I got it. The voice, the voice, the voice is gonna be. It's gotta be Marvin Gay. Come on, Marvin, come out to be Martin. I'm Gay. For the voice, and start off with Marvin. And for the style. Mm hmm, performance style, performance performance style. Who's gonna kill that stage?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I gotta say, I gotta say. Michael Jackson, come on, Marvin and Michael yeah, you know, okay, And now Marvin with Allen, who's gonna put the fly ship on now. George Clinton, George Clinton, the Yeah, George Clinton, Yeah, all right? And who got the passion? Man? Who's gonna make you feel it? Who believe it's her name? You know what? Kanye? That's called Kanye. Listen, Kanye, top of the world. Craig Man, top of the world. And then and then then ju the DJ, the DJ who will play the jams my man, black Coffee, Dope, super hand in it kill me, super dope. Yeah, okay, all right, all right, yeah you killed that, killed that.
Speaker 3: We got one more thing, man, before we let you out of here. What we got Rupe.
Speaker 2: I ain't saying no nigga saying no names. He saying no names, saying no name? What you did?
Speaker 1: You did say?
Speaker 2: I ain't saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, man, very very important part of the show. Man, Oh my god, will you tell us a story? Funny or fucked up? Are funny and fucked up? The only rude to the game is oh Ryan, DJ Popper can't say no name. We I know you gots Come on, man, You've been on tour since she was fourteen fifteen years old, so I know you got stories, man, Man, I know you got the stories.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Ooh wii man, Okay, I just can't say. No names, okay, no names, all right, hold on, hold on, hold on, okay, so oohie, we on tour, We on tour, and it's you know, you know, backstage be ladies and all of that.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 2: It's Eskimo Bros.
Speaker 4: On the road, right that always happens, and uh, okay, So but this one is like a main one, right, but this is like an off Bran city where this main man.
Speaker 2: At the star of the city. Yeah, okay, okay, so it's like, yeah, the main il Yeah, but you know exactly. Yeah, so everybody knows you know her and Loky when she went, you feel me because she lit. But this is like, this is not the Miami show. This is like a Jacksonville, right, you know, and you know she pull up with one of the other yeah, like oh no, no, you know. And then the very next city, the one where everybody know, you know, everybody, the one that with Eskimos, with the old Eskimo one, new Eskimo one, new one New next night, next city, next night, maybe too nice, maybe two nights, maybe two nights. But it was like, at least let it, let it, you know, what you know. It was a I applaud, I applaud how smooth it was. It was gangster and it was smooth and it was very player. Did the eskimost keep it gangster? They had to? They ain't no, oh no, they ain't even know. They ain't even know it. But so you're seeing it. I'm peeping game and I'm just like, you know, you know, I'm not no dirty man, I'm not no snitch, I'm not no none of that. So I ain't even see it. I'm acting like but I'm with you know, you know how small and backing the venues are, you know, and you you be in the room for your elevator, and I'm like, you know, I gotta act like I don't see it. But she said I see it. Least say hi to you or did she Nope? She yep. I was like, you know what I mean? And then you know that next city when I seen her again, then we spoke when she was with with the rifle with the rifle owner.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then then then then and then I got acknowledged, you know what I'm saying. But at first I was smooth though acknowledgement that was smooth. I don't know none of y'all. Yo, I've never met you guys. Yo, Hi Ryan, Yeah, I'm not I've never No, No, we don't know each other. And I was like, you know what, selute, salute. You had to respect their gangster. I respected it, you know what I mean? And I and I felt I felt less guilt, you know. I was like, you know what, if you can do it smoothly, who am I to make it all rugged for you. I'm not gonna do it. I'm not gonna do it. I didn't even see I didn't even see him, so I'm sure she watched the arm on the podcast. Yeah, price sweating, shout out to you, yeah, elbow elbow sweating and ask him over brother, Yeah yeah, Yeah, that was smooth, sweetheart, that was smooth. Hey man.
Speaker 3: That access is a motherfucker man, Yes, sir, everybody was talking about, Yeah, you know, the money this and this that and.
Speaker 2: It access priceless. It's priceless, priceless. Bro.
Speaker 3: I've watched plenty of millionaire billionaire not be able to get into something, oh my god, and it drives them crazy.
Speaker 2: Forever for a long time. And when they figure out it does not have a price, attached to it. They just I don't know you.
Speaker 3: I don't know you play for the Who Yeah Who, Yeah, this is our venue tonight. Yeah, I've seeing it so access yo, especially for the you know, I mean Queen Igloo.
Speaker 2: Top Tier City Top. Yeah. She's like, oh yeah yeah, Queen round here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, I'm a knight tonight. So I'm hold my armor and look this way. You know what I'm saying. Oh that's a great I was like, yeah, well that's a great story. Yeah, Hey, my brother, I appreciate you y'all. This has been amazing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm glad we were able to do this, you know what I mean. You know, we've crossed paths so many times, you, my brother, you family. For us to be able to do this on you know, and be part of the reintroduction, come on, man, of what you're doing now. Man, I'm just I'm just glad that I could be a part of that.
Speaker 2: Man. Appreciate you thinking of you man and yours bro. Like like you said, we always see each other. But you know, this is this a new era, a new new venture for me, you know, bringing it back. So yeah, we're gonna we're gonna see a lot more of each other. Yeah, you know, and hey, I know you. I know you're cooking up. I'm always cooking. Yeah, I'm alway, I always all right, Okay, hand it's always whip it, Yes, sir, got a definitely press player. Listen. I'm Jay Valentine.
Speaker 3: This is my brother Oriyan and this has been the R and B Money Podcast.
Speaker 2: To see y'all next week. Peace,