Speaker 1: Hi, Oh are you Bethany.
Speaker 2: I'm wonderful, nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: So nice to meet you. A huge fan of yours.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Like I think likewise, I've seen you.
Speaker 3: You're funny on TikTok, and I don't know that much or enough about you, so I'm excited to find out myself.
Speaker 2: But like I'm aware of you, but were you.
Speaker 3: I'm literally going blind because I'm not going blind.
Speaker 2: I'm coming in blind.
Speaker 3: I have all the information about you, but I kind of like to only look at it if I need to look at something on the test. So you were on the bachelorette or a bachelor.
Speaker 4: I was on the Bachelorette. So back in twenty eighteen, I was on the Bachelorette. And before that, I was in like the banking industry and took like a wild detour into reality TV, which was very unexpected and like definitely not I would say, like like like just my buddies were like, what the hell you doing?
Speaker 1: But I was on Bachelor in twenty eighteen, so it was like seven.
Speaker 3: Years ago, okay, And for some reason I thought you were So you were financed to the bachelorette trajectory.
Speaker 2: Not an athlete yeah.
Speaker 1: Non athlete.
Speaker 4: So I had my NBA in accounting and I played college sports and stuff like that, but nothing professional I was. I got an NBA in accounting and finance, and I was like bopping around in the banking industry. And then I did I actually, you know, you know Guilda Radner, the comedian she got right, of course, she died of ovarian cancer.
Speaker 1: There's Guilda's club.
Speaker 4: So there was a charity event and they did a bachelor auction, and so at the bachelor auction, they had thirty guys come up and people would bid on you for date. The money would all go to the charity. And so I did that sponsored by my employer, which was the bank. But then when I got there, I was like all right, if I'm gonna do this, let's do this. And so all the guys were kind of like going up a little like hey, you a bit on me.
Speaker 1: And I just started like stripping. I took my clothes off. Oh oh yeah.
Speaker 4: I got that crowd going and it was like that video that got sent to ABC. And then it was like nine months later. I didn't even live in I was in upstate New York. They moved me out to Seattle. I didn't even live in upstate anymore. Like, hey, we got this video of you in Rochester, New York? Are you still single? And would you be willing to come on the show? And I was like, what the hell. So that's how it all happened.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: And then so now you're a media personality, but you still how much do you use your finance background? Like how much is business playing into everything you're doing? I mean, obviously everything is your business, but how is it being applied?
Speaker 4: No, So what happened was I get off the show and I didn't really know what to expect. People are like, do you go on these reality shows to find love? I think nine point nine out of ten people know like you just go for many different reasons. For me, I was just like, I'm done with this corporate banking thing. I'm shot, let's do something different. And so after I got off, I started to learn someone I joke around as a weighted blanket deal that came to me and they're like, we're gonna give you a fifteen grand to post a photo with a way to.
Speaker 2: Blank I love a way to blanket, by the way, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it makes you feel comfortable thing. But I was just like, what this is two thousand and eight. I'm like, what the hell is this?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: And I was like I get to keep what percent of this for a photo? And so that's why I kind of like learned the industry and I was like, there's something here. And for a year I was like working with CFOs of companies that earn hundreds of millions of dollars and billions of dollars and then on weekends doing like appearances to like cash in and do social media stuff. And then after a year, I was like, this business is is too big to ignore. So I stepped into the finance and career navigation side of the business with my platform that was derived from social media, and I have never looked back. I haven't been in banking since. I wrote two books. One's on love and money, one is on career navigation, like being on the road you imagine as opposed to the road and the blueprint that life puts us on.
Speaker 1: I started.
Speaker 4: I started an agency, so we manage about eighty to eighty five different public figures exclusively.
Speaker 1: What you do.
Speaker 2: What's the agency called.
Speaker 1: It's called URTM rewired talent management and you.
Speaker 3: Guys met so you're running that that's your main day to day because that.
Speaker 1: Sounds the agency is honestly.
Speaker 4: So, I have a podcast called Trading Secrets, and what we do is we talk all about money and pop culture, so real housewives, it could be a Rod Gronk, it could be one of the sharks from Shark Tank. Can we talk about like where do you make your money? How where do you lose your money? And so I do one episode every single year where I talk exactly how much money I've made and still my number one income source and I know you talk a lot about it is my own creator pages. It's been a seven figure business since since two thousand. But the profitability on that is still larger than the agency is. There's so much cost with an agency and.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's it's not direct to consumer. It's like it's more bulky, more weeds, more infrastructure.
Speaker 1: What about exactly?
Speaker 2: So what is is it?
Speaker 3: Brand deals or is there some creative way that you've come up with making money like other anythings you're gatekeeping?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know gatekeeping, I wouldn't say, but the thing is we're a boutique, so we'll represent talent directly.
Speaker 2: No for you.
Speaker 3: You you said you are making the most on your creator pages. I'm saying you personally, Yeah, what's what's the thing on on content creation? It's brand deals, it's the products, Like what's the what's the biggest rain maker?
Speaker 4: So the biggest I mean, like I joke around about it. I call it like my Coldgate model. And the Coldgate model was you get off the show, you have a ton of relevancy from whatever's happening, and Coldgate will come to you with a toothpaste deal or a tooth brush deal, and everyone brushes their teeth. So you get a good rate and you do the deal and you get paid.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: The problem with the Coldgate deal is the next season, the next show, your relevancy isn't the same, Your following is not the same, maybe your community is not the same. Everyone's got teeth, everyone brushes them. And after there was a year that happened where I don't know if you know Tyler Cameron, I joke around, like, you figure, he's taller, he's better looking. He comes on the next season and he gets the Coldgate deal, and now my rate's down and That's where I was like, I got to do something to figure out how to build sustainability in some form of niche. And that's why I jumped into this specific niche of the finance and career navigation. And I recognize that there aren't many business creators out there, finance creators that have a ninety five percent women following that also can touch lanes of pop culture and business. And that's where I was able to differentiate with majority of the deals I'm doing are like in the Fortune one hundred Fortune five hundred companies, but they're all different integrations. It could be appearances, it could be speaking, could be commercial, yes, it could be in real think.
Speaker 3: A little bit of crame the guy you know, the guy from CNBC Kramer, Susie Orman, you know that type of thing where you're giving people like advice and how to invest. But the eye candy and being attractive is good because the women are like listening, they're paying attention.
Speaker 4: I'll take it. Yeah, But it's also one oh one. It's like making things a little bit more relatable, like S and P. Five hundred majority I did a poll. I was like, tell me right now, S in P. Five hundreds crash and tell me, you know, if you could explain it in three sentences, and ninety one percent of my two hundred and fifty thousand people that responded said they couldn't do it. So instead of making that a complicated subject with which most people do in finance, I think it's it's set up to create kind of like bullshit. So it sounds confusing, but it's not. I'll just be like, all right, imagine you go to a grocery store, right, instead of getting like one item, you're gonna get fifteen different items in your basket. And essentially that sp five hundred is just imagine five hundred different items at the grocery store that are a little piece of each company in the five hundred biggest companies in the country, and so you'll own that whole basket as opposed to just owning one stock. So I don't know, making things like that.
Speaker 3: Like you explained like Berkshire Hathaway and like a fund and like what they're invested in things like that exactly.
Speaker 2: So where are you on bitcoin?
Speaker 4: On bitcoin, I mean, it's the administration right now is very favorable for bitcoin.
Speaker 2: I think it's it's very favorable.
Speaker 1: Well, for Trump exactly. But it's very it's it's very it's a deregulated market.
Speaker 4: I honestly don't own I don't have any exposure anymore to bitcoin, which I'm starting to think twice about.
Speaker 1: But like, I'm not a I'm not like a huge, huge crypto guy. Are you? Are you into the crypto game?
Speaker 3: I don't understand it, but I have some just because I have some diversification and want to not miss it if you know, nothing crazy as it. Proportionally, I am invested. I personally invest in real estate. I own four homes, which is a lot for a person with you know, just me and my daughter. But and I obviously am heavily invested in the stock market and a lot of other things, but and businesses. But I do love personal real estate because you can use it. And I've been extraordinarily successful and profitable in that in that because you're buying it for yourself and so you have a dual intention when you're purchasing every single time.
Speaker 4: Is someone who is in the creator game because for myself and my agency, but also obviously you are too, Like there's so much change in it and with the CpG brands that you've brought to life and exited like what, I don't know. You're seeing Poppy, You're seeing a lot of nutrition Celsius, now you're seeing AI creators. Like where do you think this whole world of like the creator game is going as it connects to business because yours and your socials are blowing up.
Speaker 1: It's crazy every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are blowing up.
Speaker 3: I think I still think, well, there will be something very original about individuals versus AI, like people, you know, you can't you can clone a dog, but like it's not your dog, you know. I mean, so it's like AI is like cloning something or a person in a way or kind. But I don't think it can completely replace a person. But it is scary. I mean, there have been quotes out there that people think came for me, and you can sort of just tell, you know, but it'll get smarter and smarter. I'm invested in Steve Cohen's AI fund because he's a friend of mine and I'm a crowdsourcer, and then I ultimately make my own decision of many things. If it's marketing, if it's products, if it's direct to consumer, if it's communication, it's one hundred percent me.
Speaker 2: If it's content, it's me.
Speaker 3: If it's something like bitcoin that I don't understand or AI that I don't understand per se fully, and a couple of people are saying you should get into this or you should invest in this, then I'll figure out who the best person is. And because I'm friends with Steve and Alex Cohen and I'm invested in their other fund. If he's doing something, if he's if he's starting a clown school, I'm investing. So that's why I'm invested in the AI fund with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's a good guy to follow.
Speaker 4: What's what's your take out all the obviously so much as reality TV. I mean I'm just curious, like what do you think about do you I got my start on reality TV into the space, what like do you think reality TV is?
Speaker 1: Like? Are you bullish or bearish.
Speaker 2: On the barity? No, this is the thing.
Speaker 3: I've always been pretty good at knowing when to leave a party, and it's usually before it really like it feels like it's popping off, but I feel like it's getting tired, and that's just who I am socially. Also, it's like when it's about to like be at the full peak. I'm like, I did it.
Speaker 2: We did it.
Speaker 3: And that's how I was for Reality TV. The first time I left because it just was toxic. But I came back because I knew it wasn't over and I missed the connection to the audience. The second time I left, I still you know, I looked at the other people that stayed and I was like, you guys are on the Poseidon adventure, like you going the wrong way. And you would have thought I was leaving millions of dollars for a couple of months work when I left, and you would have thought I thought too, like wow, you know, my business managers are like, why aren't you just taking this for another couple of seasons? And I didn't have these big goals of what I'm doing now. I left to work on my charity and do the podcast and just like tone it down a little. I was in a relationship and didn't want to be there. I just didn't want.
Speaker 2: To be there.
Speaker 3: It was soul crushing and I thought it was gross. And now everything's derivative, everything's a remix. I mean, I remember the first photoshoot really on Reality TV was my Social Life photo shooting, like charity events and all these things that now are like the formula or you know, the arguments were so low stakes then and they were so entertaining because Kelly Bensone saying I'm up here and you're down here, like broke what was barely the Internet at the time, and now you have to be doing something so vile and people are turned off. You know, people are turned off. It's just it's on its last legs. In many ways, there's not that much to do. The ratings are down. It seems tragic. I was out with a pretty big celebrity recently and they were talking about reality TV, and I'm like, what is it now?
Speaker 2: Like what is the Housewives now?
Speaker 3: They're like, it's just very desperate, and because I can't see it for what it is because I don't watch it and it's not on my radar anymore.
Speaker 2: It's like four boyfriends ago.
Speaker 3: It feels like that X that used to think about all the time, and then they're like three four boyfriends ago.
Speaker 2: You don't really think about them at all. They might, you know, once a year.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, and I think that they did push the envelope too much, which is what the really reality Reckoning was about. I think they got you know, it's cool till it's not. It's like there's a day that it breaks, and it's like people get what it is. So I don't know, it's hard to advise people and they ask if they should go on.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even know how to.
Speaker 3: So many people in it and so many products, and the formula has been sort of out there.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 4: I think it's completely oversaturated. But I do think there's like one or two shows that pop every single year, and the people that are on those shows are benefiting in like insane ways.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: They're going, well, like Love Island is the thing, right now, love Island?
Speaker 4: Right, So like you went out a bartender who made who's their their career AND's good for that. But they're like, let's say it's fifty grand and they go on the show. They're having fun, they're getting crazy, they're doing their thing, and then the next year they're going to make five million, Like that's a real thing.
Speaker 2: Well right, And I guess, yeah, I guess I don't know that much. Like I guess yeah.
Speaker 3: Vander Pump Rules has peaked and crashed, but like Summer house or the houses.
Speaker 2: I guess those do well. And then Love Island.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're talking about exceptions, of course, there are exceptions to start up center, exceptions to going to Hollywood and being an actor too and being successful. I'm just saying, by and large, before everybody was crushing it, and now I think it's very specific examples.
Speaker 4: I think that's the crazy thing about like social you bring up Hollywood. Like I saw there's a post the other day and it was what is Timothy shall May and Kylie Jenner and they're saying on his last video how many hours it took and how many days? And it was it was extensive and I think he got paid three million dollars for that, but Kylie Jenner makes three million on three posts, which you know how much time does that?
Speaker 1: And that's where the world changed.
Speaker 3: So now we're getting to so this is for me like all the time, it almost all the time, does somebody else in the entertainment industry who's pretty big or famous say to me like we should do a show together, And I'm always thinking, and then the audience is always like, when are you gonna do a show again? When are you back on my TV? And there's no numb you can't pay. They can't find a number that a TV show could pay me to. Go today, Go into the city, put some makeup on, go to a conference room. Meet some suits that's on the forty seventh floor that took a fucking security path to get in there. Walk up there, sit down. Let these suits pretend they know what's gonna sell. Tell me, eh, we're not really doing that. That's not doing that. Well these network executives that are literally mid level and negation. Okay, then we're gonna decide we're gonna let's say we're gonna do it. We're gonna do it four months from Thursday. We're gonna No, first we have to sell it to the network, you know, these are the executives. But then able to sell it, then in four months, we're gonna you know, we said yes, we'll fast track that contract. That's going to take three months. Four months, we're gonna get up and start filming. But wait, there's more. Let's bulky film and put makeup on every day for three months to film it. Then let's have it end. Then let's wait six months, but wait, there's more. Then in six months, let's go do a press tour for a week that Today's but fuck that?
Speaker 1: Fuck that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or I could just.
Speaker 3: Post a video last week of me and Miami and get millions of views, or go to Chanelle get rejected and have two hundred and fifty million views on.
Speaker 4: That, right, And you think about the numbers up. So even if you do all that bullshit what you just said, and then you actually get it to network, what are the ratings going to be and how many views are you going to get? And you could do that and pump that out in three to four videos. I just wonder, like with your content, Like where the thing I admire about you is you just don't give a shit. And I'm just like a boy, you just don't give a shit. But I'm like, how do you?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: You'll trash brands, but you'll build them up. You'll take people out, but you'll you'll most people like you just don't care, Like, how do you in this space? I think anyone that's listening to this, like you have to be on social and any you could be a teacher, not for profit, or you could be trying to run for president United States. Like the impact of social today in every single position is so important. But where like I feel like your line of I don't give a shit is just like it's here, it does. There is no line you're gonna get a hot.
Speaker 3: Do you drop a long a line because I don't. The way something is said is critical. And in the past I've said some things that have hit sideways because of the way that they were said, and it just didn't need to be said that way. So I'm going to first of all, not everything needs to be said, but I'm going to say it if I have a strong opinion about it, but it's about the way that it is said.
Speaker 2: And also if you go and you really do dig, it will come.
Speaker 3: Someone might perceive that I'm trashing someone because I'm saying that I don't agree with something that somebody did. But you'll never find me criticizing someone's physical appearance, their sexuality, height, their you know, I won't just give a blind like that person's a loser.
Speaker 2: I would. I would not.
Speaker 3: So like I'm saying, who in the hell is advising this person? How could they make this? I'm talking about their business decision, their marketing decision, they're what they said decision. So it's always it's always something that may be perceived because somebody disagrees with me or they like the person as me trashing that, but it's never actually below the belt. It's never actually me trashing. It's my opinion of what they have chosen to do as a public figure or a public brand.
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 4: But even like it, like the like the Baldoni case, I saw you kind of get into it a little yeah and you and like you'll start the video with like I might get canceled for this? Do you ever have to deal with the reaper cushions of what you're saying? And like, I don't know, like the just the legality of it.
Speaker 2: It's not real.
Speaker 3: And like I had a big actor call me who was freaking out because they were being dragged on social on like one account but it got a million views and they were like do should I go comment?
Speaker 2: Should I say something? Should I go?
Speaker 3: You know, because I could call the posters, are you on your fucking what are you talking about? Even saying like are you new? No, shut the fuck up, it's not even real, and he was like wait, but well I was like, no, it's not real. Just stop. You call me in two days that this thing hasn't rinsed out. Nobody cares.
Speaker 2: It's not important.
Speaker 3: And I've done that with pretty big people on social that have like ten million, twenty million real followers, and I've advised them because I feel like I could see things from a marketing and like messaging perspective pretty clearly.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to prove it.
Speaker 3: So JLO was dragged and canceled, just headlined the AMA killed it.
Speaker 1: How's that?
Speaker 2: Kaylee Bieber?
Speaker 3: You would have thought her career was over her versus Selena her doing this with justin her, you know, like something she posted, like something about her skincare canceled, she's done, Haley Baby's or she's a billionaire now, Like it's not real and you got to just hold onto the steering wheel not too tight and you can't let go.
Speaker 4: But there's some I think there's there's something that is I think there's something real happening right now, which I'm curious your take on since we're here. Like if you go back seventeen seventy six, you go back hundreds of years ago when there was an argument, right Alexander Hamilton, you go do a duel, you walk across each other, you take ten steps, you shoot each other, you put your hand up, like that's how it worked these days. Obviously that's not the case, but there. I think what you're starting to see now is character assassination in ways that it's like kind of the same type of vibe, but the attempt of teams trying to cancel other teams, which could be it's sometimes the equivalent of literally like a killing someone like you can assassinate with Like I think you're starting to see it now that like teams in these like groups of mobs can assassinate someone's character so much online that it could it could wipe them up. I mean, do you agree with that?
Speaker 3: I mean it depends on it depends on the foundation. If they're only frosting, like they became famous last year, get lights Out. But if they're like if it's cake, you know, like whatever it is with Lake Lively, like she she's been in this industry.
Speaker 2: For a while. There is cake.
Speaker 3: There there are movies, There are met galiluks, there is beauty, there is gossip girl. There are many generations you're talking to at different stages of you know this this ladder and so she was a time most fascinating person. Now Candice Owens will say she paid for something and she gave what.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: They've moved ticket sales in the world, the two of them, so you know they're still here. Have they ramped him up and did he become more relevant?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like you know, these two went to that SNL thing. It kept us talking. Jlo hosted the AMAS like a cat, So they're strong people. These people didn't get to be a less celebrities by not being strong. And like I said, Haley's weathered a storm or two too. So I'm not gonna bet against Blake Lively or Justin baldoniate this way. But I'm definitely not betting against Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively. Am I allowed to say that this thing is like a fucker East sideways for all these different reasons that I have institutional knowledge on because I've literally know both their teams and have heard from both their teams in different ways when I was speaking about this. Yeah, but uh, there are very few people who I'm going to be like call the fight. It's I mean without criminal activity, because people are so over cancelation. Cancelation has been canceled, so without criminal activity. It's hard to really cancel someone who is at has was at the top of their game unless it's something real.
Speaker 1: So is there I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I grew up in a space that like, at least I was taught by parent My parents is like take the high road and you know, lead with integrity and class. I feel like we live in a world now, in social and in life. And to your point, it's like a lot of what you're saying too is like when you create the headline and you're the cake, it's fine, it's probably gonna propel you, not hurt you. You'll be in the game. But today it feels like kindness can be mistaken for weakness and almost like not stepping into like conflict can actually beat the shit out of you. And like I've always been someone that like step whether it's an X or something like that, I've always stepped away from it. I'm always kind of like say about no, I'm just not gonna I'm not gonna step into it. But you're someone that like you're a bulldog, You're right in there.
Speaker 1: You know you could do.
Speaker 3: It either way if you I've seen this on social media with people that are very famous on social and then I've seen it with people that are very mainstream famous, like I don't know why, I just jumped into my mind, like Drew Barrymore, and the fact that there show went back on during the pandemic, like that was the most important thing in the world. Her choice, like because people are bored and there's a feeding friends and you say, they want to jump into that, and it felt real for her in the moment, and she felt they need to make a statement, which doubled down and made it worse.
Speaker 2: And it happens with other people.
Speaker 3: So you either come in and you give the statement and then you made the statement, they hate it they like it, or you keep going, or you completely gaslight it. You just don't add gas to the fire. You let it rinse a little once in a while. You put in something that is like just so you're still alive. Otherwise you like the bully that got beaten down. Ooh, the bully doesn't come out anymore. You can't be I mean, the bullied one can't come out. It doesn't come out anymore. So you have to be someone who like tiptoes in and just is like doing content light when you're in the middle of that, or you hit them and you're like, fuck, fuck it, this is what happened.
Speaker 2: I'm saying this. Now we're gonna move the fuck on, and then you just keep going. Either way it works.
Speaker 3: But cancelation is canceled unless it's criminal activity, unless you've done something horribly horribly wrong.
Speaker 1: Have you ever almost been canceled?
Speaker 3: Not full on, because I do think I have a bit of cake too, But I had one incident where I said something and it was at the wrong time and it was a little early. I've said many things that are early, but I've not said anything that has not come around to be true eventually. Like so I said something early and then lost a couple hundred thousand dollars in brand deals in like one day, and it felt very real. But I was on the inside of TikTok. No, that was not TikTok. That was on Twitter. But one time I was on the inside of TikTok thinking everything was real. At the same time while selling a book and my book agent didn't even know what was going on because I was like in Florida, thinking the storm that's happening in Florida and Miami is happening in New York and they were like, what are you talking about? Because I have dual residency. They're on Instagram. They're over on Instagram where I have a residency also, and they're like, what are you talking about? So TikTok's fucked up in that way. It's very intense.
Speaker 1: What do you mean when you say early you're early to something? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I said something about someone that people hadn't jumped on and figured out for themselves yet, that the society and the media hadn't caught up to me yet. Happens a lot like like if someone had said Harvey Weinstein's a piece of shit, or any of these people in Hollywood that I know from growing up in Hollywood that they're all who the scumbags are because I've seen them live and direct. So then you have a list actresses acting like after doing seventy six movies with these people, I never saw it, Like, it's like, shut up, it's not true.
Speaker 1: Why is everyone so quiet?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it quiet?
Speaker 4: Just it is it scared minds for impact of a reputation and career.
Speaker 3: Yes, because most of them this is not their primary source of income. So they're like in a more mainstream world, and it's scary over here. You got to know how to drive the car.
Speaker 1: That's a hard car to drive.
Speaker 3: I said, I would imagine you've been good. You're good at that. I don't know about that much about you. You seem like you'd be okay about that little nervous. You're more cautious than I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm definitely more cautiously. I mean I have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, if you gave me a scale of like a G to R rated, I would say, like, my shit's like PG, like at the amazing.
Speaker 2: PG, And what do you think I am?
Speaker 1: I would say, well, yeah, you're a triple act. I'm scared. I would say, you're like PG thirteen, you're
Speaker 3: Fuck with R, right, Yeah, up with R.