Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty, arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, I saw that Joanne Fabrics is going out of business and closing all of its stores. Yeah, now your mom knows how your dad feels about Hooter is going banking.
Speaker 1: Joanne Fabrics? Did you know?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: I got a question with my voice and being sick today, because your voice, your voice can go two ways. When you're sick, You can get and it sounds sexy, or you can just sound like you're dying, which am I closer to. Oh my god, thanks for putting me in that position. Uh, half and a half.
Speaker 1: Dying's not a sexy thing.
Speaker 4: Straddling the line between bedroom voice and one foot in the grave.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think they're like very white.
Speaker 2: It's funny that we do find and I find this kind of the husky, gravelly voice hot even for a woman. But if it crosses into your ill our animal brain thinks, get away from them.
Speaker 1: They've got something.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, that is interesting. Perhaps a linguist would like to write us a note and explain that for us, or an anthropologist or something like that. So it's funny about to go into the situation that Israel's facing as the ceasefire hostage negotiations thingy is about to draw to close this weekend, even though there are dozens more hostages being held. I said, fifty three maybe, and more than half of them are dead, allegedly murdered at the hands of Hamas, whether on October seventh or while in captivity. Did they ever actually give back the body of that mom from last weekend?
Speaker 1: No, not that I'm aware of them.
Speaker 2: And that's got to be because she is so brutalized and it would be so obvious.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't want.
Speaker 2: Say the things, but you know, it would be obvious how how she was treated.
Speaker 1: And they don't. They don't. They don't want that out there, right.
Speaker 4: I suppose it's conceivable that they lost the body, although I was listening to one very informed person on the topic say no, that's virtually impossible because they knew they were such important bargaining chips. But I don't know. I don't know for sure. So here's here's the story to get us into this. And you did not hear this on the news. It's an example of a couple of different stories that you just are not covered by American media because it makes them uncomfortable. If there is a bit of smoke on some airliner going from Minneapolis to Dubuque, you'll see it on every single newscast all day long. Here's the headline for you, Jiehattists behead seventy Christians in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. You know, I saw that the other day and I meant to check up on if that was real or not because I hadn't heard it.
Speaker 1: I thought this can't be real, or I would have heard about this.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's absolutely real. Why did it get no coverage? The Islamist group Allied Democratic Forces the ADF, surrounded the village of Such and Such, forced residents from their homes, rounded up total seventy Christian villagers, forced them into a Protestant church in the nearby town of Kasanga. It'd being abandoned by its congregants because of the security situation there. They murdered all seventy of them inside the church, with beheading reportedly their preferred method of execution. So mad, here's how horrific that was? Well, yeah, we could, but I'd prefer not too. And here's why we were talking last hour about how even on the center left now they are saying out loud, oh yeah, rampant, uncontrolled immigration is terrible for working people, it's terrible for average citizens. It's being rejected all over the world. And people were called racist.
Speaker 2: For trying to bring people's attention to rampant, uncontrolled immigration.
Speaker 1: How terrible that was.
Speaker 4: I mean, many of the same people who are saying it over and over again as those of us on the right side of the aisle were saying, Look, we can have lots of immigration.
Speaker 1: If you want. We just need laws and we need to follow the laws.
Speaker 4: So there has been a sea change in the way people talk about immigration now, and it's just so charming. Anyway, I find myself wondering whether a similar sea change is going to happen on the topic of Islamic supremacists, which is my preferred term these days. Islama fascists was common for a while, Shuria supremacists whatever, or justists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Islamists.
Speaker 4: This is the branch of Islam that is expansionist, a conquering, military, legal, societal philosophy of Islam, which is very common around the world.
Speaker 1: It's certainly not universal.
Speaker 4: And I was thinking about how to present this, and you know, one obvious comparison is to be white is not to be a white supremacist, unlike what Joy Reid and the DEI crowd would tell you, mostly so they could call you into silence and take over institutions and usher and neomarxism anyway. And to be Muslim is not to be an Islamic supremacist at all. On the other hand, it exists as an ideology. It's well armed, it's absolutely brutal, and it thinks God is on its side, and it's more than happy to martyr lots of people, including women and children, because they think they go straight to heaven and is great. And I just wonder whether the world is going to wake up to it and start talking about it openly.
Speaker 1: Here's a headline for you.
Speaker 4: A decimated Hamas prepares for a new fight with Israel. They've recorded a recruited thousands of new fighters. They hand them pamphlets on how to be guerrilla warriors. That's most of the training, and now they're willing to go back to war with the evil Jews to wipe them off the face of the earth.
Speaker 2: There are currently one point nine billion Muslims in the world. I just looked that up. I don't know what percentage are okay with sharia law the way attacked it out by the crazies, but it wouldn't need to be a very big percentage to be a hell of a lot of people.
Speaker 1: When the total number is almost two.
Speaker 4: Billion, Well if it were twenty percent, for instance, that would be three hundred and eighty million people, far larger than the United States of America bent worldwide on conquest and the slaughter of the non believers.
Speaker 2: Just to back up to your original story, why do you think seventy Christians being beheaded by Muslims doesn't make the news.
Speaker 1: The utterly.
Speaker 4: Strange subculture that is the American media is so dedicated to their woke principles. A they they're just super uncomfortable saying anything critical about anything foreign.
Speaker 1: There's Zeno files.
Speaker 4: And the second thing is and they would tell you this because they're so deluded.
Speaker 1: You know, the story's horrible.
Speaker 4: But if we were to report that Islamophobia might rise and there might be a backlash against peace loving Muslims. I mean, we've heard that over and over again.
Speaker 2: Well wait, now we also know you'd get bigger pushback from Muslim activists to your management, advertisers, whatever, So just makes it more difficult.
Speaker 4: And care Right, which is an utterly awful organization that is more than happy to support Islamism, Islamic supremacism when it can, while acting like their moderates.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 4: They're always on the march. They're trying to cow people into submission, have for decades. Now one more note and then we need to take a break. And I want to come back because I haven't even gotten to the main point of this screed, which is about to unfold in front of all of our eyes and be the biggest story on earth probably Wow.
Speaker 1: And that's the renewed.
Speaker 4: Fighting in Gaza, slash the West Bank, slash Israel.
Speaker 1: Ilia Shapiro, the law professor tweeted this. It is.
Speaker 4: The map of the Palestinian state that Ahoud old Merit proposed. He's the former Prime Minister of Israel. This is one of the offers for a Palestinian state that.
Speaker 1: The PLO and the and the.
Speaker 4: PLA and then Hamas now have rejected. And if you could see this map, it is an enormous Palestinian state. It's very very generous. It's everything they ask for, and it's and it was rejected like every other settlement that Jimmy Carter came to, that Bill Clinton came to.
Speaker 1: It's because they.
Speaker 4: Don't want a Palestinian state as much as they want to wipe the Jews off the map and have all of it. That is the only position that they will accept. And there's no negotiating it with them. They only negotiate to cover that because they are say it with me, Islamic supremacists. That's not the controversial part. The controversial part after a short break, Well, you're dealing with people in Hamas who murder babies with their bare hands, and as we learned from that report that came out last week, in some cases the majority of the people that went into Israel in October seventh were just regular Palestinians. They weren't members of Hamas. Right, We're just pretty horrifying. Getting back to what percentage, yeah, et cetera. Yeah, So the really controversial part probably a career ender a boy coming up next, stay with us.
Speaker 1: I think it's freaking shocking.
Speaker 2: Seventy Christians were beheaded by Muslim radicals, and it doesn't make the news.
Speaker 4: No, as we said, if some stortis falls down and hurts her knee on an airplane. Lately, it makes the news constantly because we're fixated on airplanes with seventy Christians beheaded.
Speaker 1: No, because the media is uncomfortable with that.
Speaker 4: It might cause an anti Muslim backlash anyway, if you're just tuning in number one where you've been. Secondly, we were talking about how we're hoping people start talking honestly about Islamic supremacists Islamism the way all of a sudden, now it's fine to say rampant immigration is terrible for countries when you were called a racist for saying that for decades. Anyway, a couple of thoughts really quickly, and then to the main point. Finally, there's a big rally in New York City on that big, medium sized for Hassan Nazraala, the dead Hasbola leader, and the reporter from the Free Press went in and all the Kafia wearing hamas, flag waving candles and pictures people. They had a hard time finding anybody who even knew the name of the person or who they were or what they did. They just knew they were supposed to show up as part of the brave resistance and put on their terrorist scarf. As I heard it characterized the other day, it's just utterly foolish. It's like all the college kids who say chant from the river to the sea, but they don't know what river and what sea. Moving along editorial here from early curlyonchik Yuri curlyon chick I should say he's an Israeli, he says. When I was a boy, Israel was a leftist country. We had a huge We had huge peace rallies. The Oslo Accords were celebrated as if they were going to save the world, and we even had a subject in school called peace in honor of our treaty with Jordan. People who were skeptical of this all consuming love fest reviews were viewed as crazy racists and messionic fanatics. To even suggest that not all societies wanted peace was seen as vulgar and uncouth. Nice people cried for the innocent on both sides. The saying was, we could forgive the Arabs for killing our children, but not for making us kill theirs. But then this euphoria of peace was followed by decades of barbarism and that eroded the pity reserves of the majority of the Israeli people. Then he goes through the long list of slaughters and bus explosions and child murders that I don't even want to describe to you. People were mutilated, castrated, crippled, not as collateral damage, but meticulously with sadistic precision by an enemy. You preferred to go after defenseless civilians who seemed to revel in atrocity, as if atrocity was an end in and of itself.
Speaker 1: Well, did you know there was a near miss over the weekend They got no reporting.
Speaker 2: Several buses Israeli buses had explosions on them overnight and the guesses and Hamas has taken credit for this. The guess is, just like we all have done with our alarm clock, they got the AMPM wrong on setting the bombs. They went off when the buses were empty. But if they'd have gone off as it is suspected they were supposed to, this would be the biggest story going on right now. They'd evand they went off just after midnight instead of lunchtime, it would have been one of the biggest attacks in the history of attacking.
Speaker 1: Israel, I'll be talking about it.
Speaker 4: And then juxtaposed that with, as we said last segment, the multiple peace plans for a two state solution that were at the last second rejected by the leadership of Hamas or the PLO or whatever, leaving American lefties Righty's everybody shaking their heads thinking, I thought we had the deal. Let's because they don't want the deal. Brings me to the ultimate point. I think it's absolutely correct. Andrew Roberts wrote this in the Free Press, the historical case for Trump's Gaza plan, and it's not the Mara Gaza part of it, but it's essentially total victory. And he says historical precedent suggests that Hamas's invasion of southern Israel that day on October seventh, and its punishment by the Israeli defense forces have severe implications for whether the Gazas still have the right to decide their own destiny and who governs them. And then he makes an inescapable historical point that I don't think the modern world is willing to say out loud, even though everybody knows.
Speaker 1: It to be true.
Speaker 4: Anybody who has any sense again, and again in the past, people who unleash unprovoked aggressive wars against their neighbors and are then defeated, as the godsens have been on any conceivable metric, lose either their government or their sovereignty or both. It would be strange, he says in an understatement. Were Hamas somehow to buck this historical trend again, you on leishan unprovoked aggressive war against your neighbor and are then defeated.
Speaker 1: You're done every damn time in history.
Speaker 4: The Boer Wars in Southern Africa, the transvall and Orange Free State, British colonies, and blah blah uh, you got the Nazis and the Sudate Land, the Czech State and everything else they did, and a bunch of other historical examples. It's always the same, because if you think about it, what is the especially when it's done repeatedly, repeatedly, friends, what's the alternative saying all right now, you can't do that anymore, Okay, we'll live peacefully side by side. It's almost funny when you say it out loud, especially given the history of it. The only thing the radical Islamists have done during periods of peace is prepare themselves for new and horrifying attacks, and you people saying, well, Israel really needs to negotiate a two state solution. You are living in a dreamland and Israel has finally woken up to that fact.
Speaker 2: So do you think that's what's gonna start back up here again soon? And this time around with the backing of the US president, not the US president constantly saying don't right right?
Speaker 4: VC France joined with the Allies gone, Imperial Japan attack, Pearl Harbor gone, North Korea, attacked South Korea and June nineteen fifty punished terribly, became a prie estate.
Speaker 2: As history interesting, we had a lot more on the way if you missed a secment to get the podcast Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Chicago's Midway Airport a runway disaster averted by seconds. Southwest seven thirty seven comes in for landing that jet going one hundred and fifty miles per hour, just feet before touching down. When the quick thinking pilots abort the landing, pulling back into the air just as that private business jet crossing in front of them, Those Southwest pilots asking air traffic control what went wrong? Air Traffic Control told that flex jet aircraft not to cross that runway. If the Southwest crew hadn't been so alert and seeing this aircraft crossing the runway, this could have been a terrible, terrible tragedy.
Speaker 1: Could have been.
Speaker 4: I like how they described the pilots as quick thinking, as if you know, you see another plane crossing your own runway and turned to the co pilot and say, what do you suppose we ought to do? I mean, there's another plane right where we're going.
Speaker 1: Hmm, wait a minute, we could pull up.
Speaker 2: Well. That led every national newscast last night, and there's the implication that something's going on with flying. Every day there's a near disaster or a disaster, and I hope it's not the shark attacks of pre nine to eleven happening right now where we're having the plane scare of the day before something major in real happens.
Speaker 4: Some of the stories are pretty dopey, but I think it's a legit story that the FAA and our air traffic control system is antiquate and south dated, it's understaffed.
Speaker 1: I think that's a legit story. This is a legit story.
Speaker 2: So lots of talk about the world richest man Elon Musk, Who's going to be in the cabinet meeting today. This is interesting having a cabinet meeting and Elon is going to.
Speaker 1: Be there and they can wear it fast as the chief advisor to Trump. Okay, Department of Government efficiency.
Speaker 2: But checking in with the second rigishment man in the world, Jeff Bezos. Today he tweeted out this note he shared with his workers at the Washington Post. Case you don't know, Jeff Bezos owns Amazon. That's why he's the world's second richest man. And he also owns the Washington Post. And he this is what he tweeted out. I shared this note with the Washington Post team this morning. I'm writing to let you know about a change coming to our opinion pages. We're going to be writing every day in support and defense of two pillars, personal liberties and free markets. We'll cover other topics too, of course, but viewpoints opposing those pillars will be left to be published by others.
Speaker 1: Wow, I know.
Speaker 2: Je Again, their opinion pages are going to stress personal liberties and free markets. He goes on, there was time on a newspaper, especially one that was a local monopoly, might have seen it as a service to bring to the reader's doorstep every morning a broad based opinion section that sought to cover all views. Today, the Internet does that job. I am of America and for America, and proud to be so. Our country did not get here by being typical, and a big part of America's success has been freedom in the economic realm and everywhere else. Freedom is ethical, It minimizes coercion and practical. It drives creativity, invention, and prosperity.
Speaker 4: Halle Louisa, I know, wow, Finally, finally.
Speaker 1: Everybody's understood we're in a fight.
Speaker 4: I always better fight for the things we cherished, because we've assumed everybody liked him for too long.
Speaker 1: He goes on.
Speaker 2: I offered David Shipley, whom I greatly admire, the opportunity to lead this new chapter. I I know that name, but I don't remember who that is anyway, Jeff Bezos says. I suggested to him that if the answer wasn't hell yes, then it had to be no. After careful consideration, David decided to step away. This is a significant shift. It won't be easy, and it will require one hundred percent commitment. I respect his decision. We'll be searching for a new opinion editor to own this new direction. I'm confident that three free markets and personal liberties are right for America. I also believe these viewpoints are underserved in the current market of ideas and news opinion.
Speaker 4: I'm excited for us together to fill that void. Oh my god, how fantastic is this. They're gonna have to install like gutters and drains there at the WAPO to channel the bitter tears of the young wolkesters. But this this, to do it, it's great, But to say it so forcefully and publicly is even better.
Speaker 1: We need a hell of a lot more of that.
Speaker 2: Well, he's saying, in effect one, we're going to emphasize personal liberty and economic freedom and it's underserved yes in the national media, and we're gonna fill that role.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: And if you're not for it, as he told the guy currently running the opinion page, if you're not hell yes, then you're a no. And the guy was clearly not a hell yes. So get I'll find somebody who is a hell yes.
Speaker 4: Here's the counter argument, because it popped up in my head. Well, having a range of views on every topic is the traditional role of the op ed sections, as he mentioned, and it seems weird and like controlling to get away from that. But my answer would be he's one hundred percent right, and it's really important to say so, especially now because so many of our young have been indoctrinated into thinking the opposite, that the US is a force for bad, that free markets are somehow exploitive, and that socialism is the way forward. Look, I've heard the arguments for socialism, communism, collectivism my entire life.
Speaker 1: They suck. Well, let me put it this, I should put it like this.
Speaker 4: They're seductive, but they always end in disaster, always, always, always.
Speaker 1: I'm old enough to be confident to say that now, Yeah, I would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to know we're not gonna see the argument to a bunch of neo Marxist elementary slash high school slash college teachers. Yeah, I would say that the arguments definitely don't suck. The arguments are exactly what you said, seductive, I mean, because capitalism's got all kinds of looks bad. But the data, the results of trying different systems is clear.
Speaker 4: If you haven't read Stephen Pinker's Enlightenment, now, at least the first chunk of it.
Speaker 1: Do it, do it.
Speaker 4: So it's utterly convincing that free markets and free people have brought all of the prosperity and goodness you see around the world.
Speaker 1: So it has already headed this direction.
Speaker 2: I think anyway is the is a mainstream left and far left gonna turn on Jeff Bezos now and think, oh, he's just for this because he's become the world second richest man through greed crushing capitalism, and.
Speaker 1: They're printing employees to death.
Speaker 4: They're printing the prefab placards right now to walk around and chant around the WAPA.
Speaker 2: This this could be a significant development. I love it. I could not love it more. It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Than you.
Speaker 4: Say this one out loud too, Jeff. A lot of the stifling regulation that crushes people's entrepreneurial dreams is perpetrated by big corporations like yours because.
Speaker 1: They know the little guy can't bear the.
Speaker 4: What do they call it, the compliance costs. They don't have a big enough legal team to file all those papers that the regulations say.
Speaker 1: So there are.
Speaker 4: There are perversions of the free market that come from capitalist players, and we've got to recognize that and be honest about that too.
Speaker 1: Man. Amazon is tough to compete with.
Speaker 2: It came across another situation yesterday Henry needed some stuff for a school science project and there were a couple of things. I could go downtown to the local hardware store, nice guy, nice people. Or I could order it on Amazon and have it in a couple hours oh my house on a busy day. I mean, how do you compete with that? I never do the same day thing, so I don't think of it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's how I do it. All all, you're not Amazon Prime. You got to be Amazon prob. Well I am, but I just it's like having a butler.
Speaker 2: It is. I'm a shocked every time every time I need a cord for something where that cord I'll just I need a new one.
Speaker 1: They're like nine bucks and.
Speaker 2: I ordered it's gonna be there, you know, be here. But after five today? What it is like having a butler? It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, for long time listeners to the show, sleeve Boy is no longer with me. I have put sleeve Boy on unpaid leave. He's my servant who exists merely to button that little button on dress shirts.
Speaker 1: It's like halfway up the arm anyway.
Speaker 4: Those but I ordered sleeve boy to submit a list of the five things he's done for me this past month. And since I almost never wear dress shirts, he had nothing, and so I put him on leave.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't believe me. Listen to this quick tale before I take a break. There's not much to it. It's a near tragedy. We like most people do who have dogs in a backyard that's fenced. You open the door and let your dog go outside to peow, and then and then you leave him out there for five to minutes to a half an hour depending on the day, and there want and then you see him standing in the door and you go let him back in again. Got a pool has never been a problem, Henry. For whatever reason, God intervened or whatever looks out after we let Pop out and Pup was swimming in the pool m and Henry ran out there and got him out of there. He would have absolutely drowned. There's no way he could get out of that pool. He's a pug, No way he could to get out of the pool.
Speaker 1: Somehow he fell in the pool.
Speaker 2: And and we never look out the window after you let him out to pete to keep an eye on him or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Why would you? You can't do that every time.
Speaker 2: Uh just happened to look out there and see him and ran out there and fished him out. He was he had just gone under. Oh yeah, oh it would have been horrible. Oh my god, for for that, my current my son's mental health, and that's his companion, and blah blah blah, it would have been just devastating.
Speaker 1: Oh don't even want to think him. No, thanks, Yeah, that dog? Dogs?
Speaker 2: Back to why how's a dog fall in the pool? Yea, and see it, It's not like animals don't fall in ponds all the time. Well, the problem with pools. You can walk into a pond and out of it again. A pool you can get in, but you can't get out. If you're a dog, has he ever shown a proclivity for swimming before? No, No, Pugs don't have a proclivity for anything other than struggling to breathe.
Speaker 4: Wow, they're God's mistake. Wow Wow, Okay, so moving along. Thank God, your dog's all right, obviously, But what what made him.
Speaker 1: Look out the window? Just then?
Speaker 4: You attribute that to God intervening or just locker? Maybe it's your cruel limiting, limiting of screen time. He just decided to He was so bored because I took away screen time.
Speaker 1: Yep. There he looked out a window. That's how bored he is. He's looking out windows.
Speaker 4: Now Here is the punchline, how did we go from this being a ridiculous joke to being state mandated beliefs? The setup to that punchline coming up in a few moments.
Speaker 1: We got lots to get to today.
Speaker 2: Our text line if you want to join in the conversation at any point about anything, the text line is four one five, two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 1: Jack Tapper of CNN's got a new.
Speaker 2: Book out about the Biden presidency and the cover up of his mental decline, which we'll talk about next hour.
Speaker 1: Wow our three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I knew it wouldn't take long for that the truth to emerge, I so obvious to everybody.
Speaker 1: Anyway, more on that to come.
Speaker 4: As I said, the punchline of this is how did we go from this being a ridiculous joke? And we're talking about clip eighteen, Michael, I don't think I told you that from being a ridiculous joke to being state mandated beliefs and We ran this clip ages ago. It was from Fred Armison's genius hilarious Portlandia, mocking the at the time fairly geographic, restricted, woke crowd. But what we the people didn't realize was that those attitudes had absolutely infiltrated education K through grad school, and the kids were being indoctrinated in it, even as we laughed at Portlandia.
Speaker 1: But this is from Portlandia. A number of years ago.
Speaker 4: It went from a ridiculous joke to a state mandated belief. You need to picture the fella that you hear is talking to his lesbian mom and her partner that run this store, and the guy has a baby in the little baby carrier on his chest.
Speaker 5: You don't want to know the gender of the baby. We don't want to know the sex. And you know that I don't know your gender. I don't know canvases. I don't know mine.
Speaker 1: You don't know my gender. I don't do I look like a woman.
Speaker 5: I don't know what a woman looks like. Do you? I just feel like I'm good at recognizing a woman when I see one. What are you? You're a detective? A gender detective? No? I just lifting up skirts and pulling down pants and just getting in there with your magnifying.
Speaker 1: Never done that.
Speaker 5: I didn't even consider your gender, and I know you still didn't didn't get I've accepted it now. I accept you're a man. I think you have a penis. That doesn't mean it's gonna stay that way.
Speaker 1: Excuse me? Is there a problem?
Speaker 5: Because we can discuss our whole family history right now if you want.
Speaker 1: But I don't think that would be appropriate.
Speaker 5: That's your father talking.
Speaker 1: That is your disc gusting father. I'm sorry I didn't I don't know why you're man.
Speaker 5: I raised you right, Do you remember I do? I definitely kept it fuzzy when it came to what gender you are, not raising you by any kind of binary gender coade.
Speaker 1: Do you remember?
Speaker 5: I'd dress you up in a ballerina costume one day and the next one a sailor outfit, and still confusing. All of our world's geniuses were confused. Einstein was very confused. He said, was Einstein a man or a woman? He turned out to be a man because of the mustache that will give away even a woman cannot have a mustache.
Speaker 1: That that's a true.
Speaker 5: I'm proud of you. You know that right, even though you're a man, I can't change that.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: Actually, First of all, Fred Harmison is one of the funniest people who's ever lived, true fact. But oh my god, so that was because PORTLANDI is pretty old. Now, I mean that was like fifteen years ago. Probably it was before this madness started. They couldn't have done that now.
Speaker 4: They couldn't have done They could do it now, They couldn't have done it five years ago, right, right, it would they would have been brutalized for it. And again, wait a minute, how did that go from hilarious crazy people to you dare not argue with it?
Speaker 2: Well, Fred Armison, I mean he's a he's a lefty musician, artist guy.
Speaker 1: It's not like he's a right winger.
Speaker 2: But right, So, how did it go from lefties making fun of this because it's just too out there to nobody could make fun out of it, make fun of it to back, you'll get arrested in California for misgendering.
Speaker 1: Someone, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So on a more serious note, Jonathan Turley, writing about this in a little noticed study rot at the beginning.
Speaker 1: Of that where they're all just I have no idea what you are. You don't know what I know. I have no idea. I haven't even thought.
Speaker 4: I'd like to think I'm pretty good at recognizing women.
Speaker 1: What are you a detective?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Right? Right?
Speaker 4: So idiotic? All right, I've got to get to this. I'm sorry, I'm going to ruin the fund, but that's what I do. The first circuit just held that parents have no right to know about their eleven year old changing gender in their school. Jonathan Turley writing about this with some quotes, This unwritten policy was viewed as overriding parental rights. The decision is defended as a reflection of our pluralistic society. In the court ruling, the court wrote, quote, our pluralistic society assigns those curricular and administrative decisions to the expertise of school officials charged with the responsibility of educating children. Turley points out, there's no more cherished right that citizens possessed than raising their children. Indeed, the right to raise one's children according to your own faith and values is the touchstone of freedom. Conversely, the subordination of such rights is the harbinger of state tyranny. True pluralism allows families with different norms and values to thrive.
Speaker 1: Public schools are effectively.
Speaker 4: Demanding the parents give up their rights to critical aspects of rearing their children as a condition for public education.
Speaker 1: It is a virtual slogan for school choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that has been the goal for quite some time now, and it's pretty obvious it's not just about the trans stuff in all kinds of different ways. The school wants a world and where they make the decisions for raising kids, not the parents. The parents are a detriment to the raising of the children.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: To pry them away from the nuclear family is their purpose. I had professors, a professor a Marxist in college who said it openly, No, the nuclear family stands in the way of progress. It is an organ of open depression. And I sat there listening to this woman, thinking, you're a lunatic, because I wasn't familiar with that Marxist tenant at that point.
Speaker 2: That's what's happening in schools. Wow, well, this will get overturned, but it'll take a while. It'll take a while.
Speaker 1: That is very disturbing. Armstrong and Getty