Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Lisa Mateo with our podcast.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want to start with Hess taker hes. Their shares have been up more than eight percent.
Speaker 1: The big thing.
Speaker 3: Chevron won its arbitration battle with Exon and now it's completed the fifty three billion dollar deal of Hess. Because of all this, it comes twenty months after the deal was actually first announced, but it's a major victory for Chevron. Taker CVX. Their shares have been up about four percent. They were really left in limbo, right. It agreed to buy Hess back in October twenty twenty three, and it hurt its stock. You know. It's CEO said he would walk away from the deal if they lost the case. But this is.
Speaker 2: Oil off Guiana, that's right, which is east of Venezuela by Venezuela, exactly right, And it's it's west of Surinam. I flunked this in seventh grade geography, Keana. It's in northern South America, folks. It's somewhat below Trinidad and Tobago where Lisa spent three weeks last year.
Speaker 3: Actually, well what they say, it's different and big oil because it's an industry where companies kind of routinely partner with each other to kind of minimize risks and share costo. This kind of set it apart another deal making. So we have Norfolk Southern ticker NSC there shares a bit about four percent. They as sources are saying this has not been confirmed that Union Pacific is looking into buying the company.
Speaker 1: Just talking about and this is big.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it would be the biggest railroad deal ever because you have the number one, the number five North American railroads by revenue, and Tom says it, you know, combined market value.
Speaker 2: At Barclays was brilliant, folks. The geography here, it's sort of like gone with the wind. It's Atlanta up to Chicago and then Chicago out west. Right, that's I think I think the expert set.
Speaker 3: But then the question is where gulator's stand. You know that the whole regulation behind it. You know, we have an administration.
Speaker 2: So do you have a Linyl train set? Growing up?
Speaker 1: No, No, I had a lot of Hess trucks though to be honest with you, all those little ones that you used to get there on Christmas time. My Grandfaddy's to bring.
Speaker 2: Rich kids had h o train sets. I had a clumsy, chunky Union Pacific line on through the end. It wasn't cool. I actually talked to mister Buffet once about his train set. It's got a ginormous train set up in the air like hot wheels.
Speaker 3: Next kids don't have them anymore. It's very said, Okay, I have to go to Netflix because take our NFLX. Their shares have been down more than two percent. I mean, they had great results right topped investor expectations every metric. Revenue grew eleven point one billion. But the thing is the bar was set so high. I mean, the stock is nearly doubled over the past year. It's market value tops five hundred billion dollars. It's worth more than Walt Disney Comcasts and what about there's combined just in.
Speaker 2: Last ten years, they're gone up twenty eight percent per year. Yeah, it's just a terrible performance.
Speaker 1: They're not they're not going to report subscribers anymore either. No, they're really changing to just revenue.
Speaker 2: There's everybody, I mean, basically at my house. It's on Netflix. Yah.
Speaker 1: I mean all the time, my wife.
Speaker 3: It turns into a fight in the house because I try to get on and everybody's on it on their phone, and then I can't get on. I get bumped off.
Speaker 2: Are you still using my password?
Speaker 1: I can't share the Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.