Speaker 1: What are you doing over there?
Speaker 2: Work?
Speaker 1: You work?
Speaker 2: You know, I have a job outside of rating cereals from a spoon to five bowls.
Speaker 1: We didn't even get paid for this.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Just here.
Speaker 2: One day we'll have an ad. Okay, okay, this is Serial.
Speaker 1: Killers episode thirty three, the dramatic music play out and the crackles. Okay, what's up Andrew?
Speaker 2: Not much, Scott, not much, just living the dream, having a good day, oh so much.
Speaker 1: So that's good. So one of your favorite cereals is going to be in this episode, all right, because we were a little not nice to each other last time around. So I want to make it up to you.
Speaker 2: We hugged it out. We well, no, then through a lengthy the lengthy court process.
Speaker 1: Yes we did. We had you had Barnes and you know we're good.
Speaker 2: Now injury attorneys yes, eight eight eight eight eight eight eight or that you know the number of advertising works see all right, so let's get into the cereal sack.
Speaker 1: We're gonna start with the classic this time around. Okay, Now, this one's really classic. This one goes all the way back to nineteen twenty four. Okay, it's an orange box. Okay, it's made by General Mills. Okay, for us in miniweeds? What that comes in an orange box? That's Kellogg's. That's probably like from the seventies. It's the matter with you.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of things. I mean, I'm definitely, I think, someone who's overly emotional, and I just I'm trying to work on it.
Speaker 1: You know, Scott, did you take the ceial course like I recommended, because obviously you.
Speaker 2: Did not, Scott, I got rejected from Cereals. All right, well, can't get in with a scholarship.
Speaker 1: Here's the other. I've lost my train of thought now because you're making me crazy. Oh this is also this cereal was the first ever advertised on television. Okay, can you guess? I mean I did, and I got a box. I want me to try again. All right, one more thing. You hear the saying all the time, the breakfast of champions Russell flakes. You mean a cereal that's packed full of sugar is a breakfast of champions?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's like when McDonald sponsors the Olympics. That's just depressing to me. I don't understand why we let that happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you millennials or whatever you call you. People have probably heard the term breakfast of Champions all the time. You know, someone say, oh, I had a Hershey bar this morning, and someone else will say, oh, the breakfast of Champions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I talked to my fellow millennials exactly like, yes.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, the Breakfast of Champions is because there's champions on the box all the time. There's different athletes and sports stars and Olympians and all those people.
Speaker 2: Isn't this the one that Caitlyn Jenner was on?
Speaker 1: Well it was Bruce Jenner. Yes, yes, back when he was a he. He was Bruce Shenner was a heat Yes, she was a he. Sorry, was on the box. Yes. Do you know what it is?
Speaker 2: Wheaties?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's wheaties.
Speaker 2: Okay, it took me a second.
Speaker 1: On this box of wheaties is Russell Wilson. And I'm guessing he's a football player because he's holding a football. No, I think he's definitely playing basketball. We don't know sports.
Speaker 2: I love the goal units that they score in sporting activity.
Speaker 1: Don't they have touchdowns in baseball? Totally? Okay? Cool? So wide pitch your receiver fourth quarter in I'm gonna blitch you if you don't be good all right? So, I mean the last time I had wheaties is probably when Mary lou Retton was on the box. Who was the first woman on the front of the box, by the way, Mary lou Retton, I think eighty four. She was an Olympian.
Speaker 2: I feel like we don't talk about wheaties enough.
Speaker 1: No, And I can't believe that we haven't had wheaties yet. We're thirty three episodes in and we haven't had wheaties.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've ever had wheaties.
Speaker 1: They're basically just kind of like raisin brand without raisins.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that. I'm gonna like that the most part. Go go go open the box.
Speaker 1: Their whole wheat flakes. They're not brand.
Speaker 2: Go go go hold them.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the ingredients. I want to see where the sugar is. Whole grain wheat sugar. Sugar can't be the second ingredient. And wheaties there's not even a marshmallow in it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. They must be seasoning the.
Speaker 1: Flakes sea sweetening.
Speaker 2: Shut up, it's seasoning.
Speaker 1: Andrew, Andrew, Andrew, I think what's gonna happen when one of us leaves. What's going to happen to this podcast?
Speaker 2: You're making it sound like this is happening soon.
Speaker 1: No, but I just want to know what's going to happen or.
Speaker 2: Is the mantle of serial killers being passed down.
Speaker 1: I don't know it's gonna happen one day because they're not both gonna leave at the same time.
Speaker 3: Is this the only way I get on the podcast?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Garrett.
Speaker 1: You can't eat this.
Speaker 3: No, you can't have that.
Speaker 1: This is gluten and the second ingredient of sugar. You'll have to come back when we have checks or cheerios.
Speaker 3: By the way, Scottie, that's Russell Wilson on the cover.
Speaker 1: He plays basketball, Yes, he plays plays hockey that looks like a football, though.
Speaker 2: He blitzed the second quarter in the fourth inning of the down.
Speaker 3: Does Andrew know the the one article you wrote for the newspaper?
Speaker 1: You know what. Look, I'm not a sports guy, okay, and I blame it on my dad. He never threw a ball to me. I mean, he was my little league coach for like a season, and I played soccer for a lo a little bit. But I wasn't a sports guy. So when everyone's talking to sports and Super Bowls and I don't know what's going on?
Speaker 2: Are you okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why are you crying?
Speaker 1: Because it's a cereal? I'm not crying.
Speaker 3: Do your dad have cereal with you?
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Greg t would say, don't cry, milk.
Speaker 1: Don't cry milk. So I'm going to get some milk wheedies.
Speaker 3: Do you know what team Russell Wilson plays for?
Speaker 1: Well, he's wearing a shirt that's blue with a yellow number.
Speaker 3: They don't put the actual jerseys they wear because.
Speaker 1: They can't licensing thing. Yeah, they'd have to pay a lot of money. And it probably doesn't even say the name of the team on the back because they probably have to pay for that too.
Speaker 3: Take a guess.
Speaker 1: The blue and yellow people, the Pittsburgh the blue team.
Speaker 3: The Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 1: Oh oh well that's blue, right? Are they kind of blue? They have blue? Yeah, Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 3: All right, that's why his jersey kind of looks like it.
Speaker 1: I got youa Oh Pittsburgh is the Steelers?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, yeah, I know that.
Speaker 2: I feel like I need to get like my dad to throw you a ball now when he comes in his Quaker outfit and were oatmeal. I'm gonna make him bring a football in.
Speaker 1: My dad was busy with his cars, you know, I was out back blowing things up with m eighties. I really didn't play sports all that much.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now I feel like there's a deeper issue. When were you blowing things off? Did you have a manifesto somewhere that we should be worried about.
Speaker 1: No, those things didn't happen back then. We were just blowing things up in the backyard.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, all right.
Speaker 1: So here's your wheedies Andrew with fair Life one percent milk. Sorry, Garret, you can't have any.
Speaker 3: I want to watch you guys get muscles.
Speaker 2: Hm, three balls in a spoon?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with you? This is a blind I love it. No, No, they're just flakes with nothing like that. Where's the sugar. I don't taste it.
Speaker 3: There's no sugar in waties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is a sec. I like it.
Speaker 1: One ball, one spoon.
Speaker 2: Oh that's rude.
Speaker 1: It's all guts, that's rude. I like the milk, you know what. The Fair Life milk is what really makes it.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm still not sponsored. This is not an ad.
Speaker 1: No. I don't like that at all.
Speaker 2: When what's her name was on the cover or in the box?
Speaker 1: Mary Lurettin Did it taste better? It did? Yeah it did.
Speaker 3: But what sports did she play?
Speaker 1: She was a gymnast. Yeah, I watched the Olympics when I.
Speaker 2: Was a kid, So answered by McDonald.
Speaker 1: All right, back into the cereal sack. This actually is the new cereal. Okay, there's gonna be a bonus box and that's the one you're gonna like mmmmmmmm. Sorry, I can't tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: Yet chicken eggo waffle.
Speaker 1: But you won't like any of that. Why gluten it does everything else? Gluten today, extra gluten, extra sugar. Now get out, get off my podcast. So this is another flake cereal. Lots of flakes, too, frusted flakes. No, it's not frosted flakes. I said, it's a new cereal frosted flakes. By the way, wheaties did have some variations back in the day. It was like a honey gold one honey kind of yeah, am wheaties. And then there was one with raisins as well. They didn't last too long, which I am surprised because wheedies with raisins is basically raisin bran. So this one is from Kellogg's. Now, I know we did Special K last.
Speaker 2: I'm around Okay, this is which I learned. Is the K is for Kellogg's.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. This is another Special K. This is brand new. It's the newest in the Special K line, Scottie Shake. I know you love fruit in your cereal? Okay, you really don't, do you?
Speaker 2: No, it gives me allergic reaction.
Speaker 1: When we did Special K with red berries, you were not a fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had an allergic reaction.
Speaker 1: Well, this is also Special K with red berries. However, these berries are not strawberries. These are raspberries.
Speaker 2: I'm not looking forward to this.
Speaker 1: Well, you love that other raspberry cereal we had a couple of months ago. Whichever, no frosted miniweats touch a fruit raspberry.
Speaker 2: Had an allergic reaction. Don't know why are feeding me boots?
Speaker 1: I think these are actually like real real raspberries in here. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's see, unless they're fresh right out of a carton. The dehydrated thing doesn't work with me.
Speaker 1: Ooh that smells nice. It really does. Yeah for you? Oh that smells really nice?
Speaker 2: Can I say one thing?
Speaker 1: No? Go ahead?
Speaker 2: The Special K name is stupid. Why because the K is short Kellogg's, so it's special Kellogg's.
Speaker 1: No, it's not necessarily four Kelloggs. It's just the Kellogg's K. Look this K and this k oh hold on revelation. Look at the K and Kellogg's. Yeah, right here, and look at the K for special K. This K it touches, this K does not. They're different ks. Hmmm, we're gonna have to do an investigation and get back to you. Doctor b is on it, So cape up and runs into the night. Here is your Kellogg's Special K Raspberry brand new just came out. I think I'm gonna love it. Andrew will automatically vomit, but.
Speaker 2: That would be with stupid superpowers.
Speaker 1: See when you go into things knowing you're not gonna like it, you're not gonna like it, you won't even give it a chance.
Speaker 2: Well that's really deep. I'm gonna embroider that someplace.
Speaker 1: Let you make a t shirk right to you, has a whole slew of them, all right, So here we go.
Speaker 2: Gross.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, got good. That's really good. I love it.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, no, has a burnt tire taste.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? It tastes like raspberries.
Speaker 2: I don't know what raspberries you're eating, but they're probably nasty. That's not good.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I'll go first, four balls in a spoon. I'll go second, two bowls. I don't like the tire taste. It doesn't like it does.
Speaker 2: I don't like the acidity from the fake raspberry or not dehydrated real the dehydrated strawberry rubber. Let me think if today is a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Guess what, George, we need a vacuum.
Speaker 2: Oh, Andrew, he tried to throw the box at me. He was too obvious because his wind up took six years, probably because your dad didn't play baseball with you. Bix just exploded on the floor.
Speaker 1: Are you're throwing at me first?
Speaker 2: Yeah? From the last episode?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I had to get you back.
Speaker 2: Yeah you failed.
Speaker 1: Now what we gotta clean this. I'm gonna finish eating this. This is good.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you want some of mine? Nough two bowls.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you though, this milk is delicious. It really is. I'm not kidding this. Yeah, all right, finally, now I'm gonna give you what you want. Great, you've wanted it for a long time. Crusted flakes it's not frosted flakes, Mini, it's mm hmmmm mmmmmm. So you know syllables at all?
Speaker 2: Chocolate crunch berries you were born in?
Speaker 1: What year? Eighteen ninety one just came out a year after you were born. Okay, we're gonna stay with the berry theme. Okay, yeah, any guesses again.
Speaker 2: M Cinnabon cereal, there's no berries.
Speaker 1: Its Cinnabon cereal, and there is no cinnabon cereal.
Speaker 2: When you get don't make it anyone. When you yell at me, I feel.
Speaker 1: I'm being disrespected. Look my I'm red, I'm bulging. You have my blood pressure way through the roof. I need my Ramapril. Are you o?
Speaker 2: My phone just fell on the pile of cereal.
Speaker 1: We really need a vacuum. All right. So do you like paw Patrol?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Because my kids call this the paw Patrol cereal? Do you know what paw patrol is?
Speaker 2: It's the dog Show? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm sorry, I'm I'm just gonna get it.
Speaker 1: This is because I love you. I love you so much. It's from General Mills and you've been asking for it. Kicks of the berry berry variety.
Speaker 2: These are my favorite.
Speaker 1: Well you say that for a lot of things.
Speaker 2: You know, do you like taking the personal enjoyment from me, because it seems like you do. You're a fun sucker. You suck the fun out of situations.
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 2: I said I like the cereal and you go it ede.
Speaker 1: No, you said it's my favorite. You can only have one favorite. Not true, very true, because then it would be your second favorite or your third favorite, just like I have a favorite child. Won't say which. Oh my god, I'm kidding. I'm kidding. I love you both equally. I know you listened to this podcast.
Speaker 2: Why are you winking at me as you say that?
Speaker 1: Shut off? Andrew?
Speaker 2: We are your fingers behind your back.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I don't know what to think. I haven't had berry berry kicks in a long the best long time smell.
Speaker 2: Oh oh they did something new, right, Yeah, the grapes are different.
Speaker 1: Grapes are not berries, first of all. Second of all, they used to look like little bunches of grapes, which is weird because the grapes are not berries. Right, the last time I checked, a grape is not a berry.
Speaker 2: You're asking the wrong.
Speaker 1: Really, you don't know anything about produce even.
Speaker 2: Why would I know anything about produce.
Speaker 1: Does grape have the word berry after it? Raspberry, strawberries, blueberry boys and berry?
Speaker 2: Did we go over this on one of the episodes? And then you said, and I asked, and maybe this is where we talked about roadside food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, roadside berries. It's funny. I was out riding my bike not too long ago and there were wild berries growing on the side. But I didn't have my phone with me. So I'm gonna go back and I'm gonna take a picture of said wild berries, and I'm gonna send it to you so you can see that it exists.
Speaker 2: Let's cut them up, put them in a cereal and call it a day.
Speaker 1: Callog's already did, all right? Now, berry berry kicks, it smells. It smells delicious. I mean it does have an artificial smell to it. I don't know if these are artificially flavored or not. I'm gonna take a look.
Speaker 2: I love berry.
Speaker 1: They're naturally flavored berry berry Kicks. And the strange thing is these only come in the family size. I've never seen these in the regular size.
Speaker 2: Is their family friendly?
Speaker 1: Look at that dog, there's like a there's a bulldozer thing coming out of his butt on the back. Poor guy, poor dog. There's a honey kicks also, it's like a honey kick.
Speaker 2: I don't want that.
Speaker 1: You don't want to try that? No, well, we're gonna have to because we're running out of cereals. Actually, oh really yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought when we started this year, like there's infinite cereals. That's why we're gonna do a podcast together. And now literally thirty three episodes in, you're like, wait, reading got of cereals. Let's end the podcast.
Speaker 1: We still have hundreds to go. Don't worry, you are right, Okay, berry berry kicks from our friends at General Mills. I must say, shuck over in the marketing department, thanks so much. If I had to pick a favorite cereal company, it's General Mills. I really, I really I like their creations. Still not an ad no, not an ad ready fireball, I no, no, no, tell you something, Holy cow. You always say cheese doodles. Yeah, cheese doodles.
Speaker 2: This is it, yeah for me. But they have a little bit of berry flavoring to them.
Speaker 1: You would think from the smell of it that it would have a lot more berry flavoring, but it doesn't. I think this is also nice ingredients. Whole green corn. Corn meals sugar, so we got a third ingredient, sugar. We've been doing very well the last couple of days with the sugar content, except the wheaties. I don't understand. This is way sweeter than wheaties.
Speaker 2: I love it berry berry kicks.
Speaker 1: Oh, there must be hidden sugar and wheaties. I don't get it. Is that like a slogan that I don't know about. Yeah, that's how they promote themselves, hidden sugar. Come on in, all right, that's kind of a creepy tagline. Well, I don't. I am not. This is not that good.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna throw the box at you because I'm not an uncivilized animal, and plus we don't.
Speaker 1: Have a vacuum. It'd be a big, big problem.
Speaker 2: Also the second problem. But I just want you to know that I'm hurt.
Speaker 1: We're allowed to like different things.
Speaker 2: I'm hurt because knowledge my feelings because.
Speaker 1: I don't like Paw Patrol on Barry Barry kicks.
Speaker 2: Okay, it has nothing to do with Paul Patrol. You're bringing something totally separate into the conversation. Barry Berry Kicks is a staple for me, and you're treating it like it is nothing to you.
Speaker 1: Ask you something. So let's time we had a ball at Barry Berry.
Speaker 2: Kicks, probably about like a couple months ago.
Speaker 1: Well, then that's not a staple. If it was a staple, it would be.
Speaker 2: Your eat cereal outside of this podcast.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I do, just not all the time.
Speaker 1: So are you saying that I invited somebody into this podcast who doesn't eat cereal all the time.
Speaker 2: This is this what old couples sound like when they argue. All right, I know you'll like.
Speaker 3: You don't like the reason, Brendan, you lied.
Speaker 1: I know when I saw you up the sock cop we did the mashed potato. All right, listen, we're gonna go now, because again.
Speaker 2: What do you give this?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What do you give it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, you know what I give it? A bowl and a spoon.
Speaker 2: You are a sick sick man.
Speaker 1: Fine, two balls, two balls, But that's all it's getting. I don't love it. I really.
Speaker 2: A thing I'm going to say about berry Berry Kicks is that they used to have more of a berry flavor to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do remember that. I haven't had it in quite a while. But yeah, maybe they should put some red berries in it.
Speaker 2: But based off nostalgia alone, it gets five balls for me.
Speaker 1: No dehydrated red berries.
Speaker 2: Anything dehydrated. You put it near the milk, it dehydrates. No, I will throw it at your face and watch it.
Speaker 1: Just look. Okay, well, anyway.
Speaker 2: They're acidic, it's nasty. There's nothing good about it.
Speaker 1: If there was nothing good about it, they wouldn't make it and people wouldn't buy it. Obviously people buy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, they sell things that people hate all the time.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Andrew, try try, try to defend it.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, well, who eats? Like, do you eat dehydrated chips?
Speaker 1: Yes, they're delicious. Do you wait a minute, what's a dehydrated chip like dehydrated vegetable chips? No? I like fruit fruit, yes, I like to hyden apples and apricots and absolutely delicious. Now what the reason is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are different.
Speaker 1: Well the reason is hold on, a reason is dried not dehydrated.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about like the app the cuntry ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, they're good. I put them in my mouth and I suck on them until they rehydrate.
Speaker 2: That's disgusting.
Speaker 1: Why that's just I guess I could just eat an apple at that point.
Speaker 2: Probably should.
Speaker 1: We are so off track right now. Thank you for listening to episode thirty three of Serial Killers. We're on par for thirty five. I think we'll make it to thirty five and that's about it. I'm gonna call it a day.
Speaker 2: You keep doing this to everybody, and I don't know if it's like your sick joke of being like, tell me how good we're doing.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, whatever, it's just that I feel like you're just not into it anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Yeah, and what gives you that impressions? Guy?
Speaker 1: You know, you're just very like, I'm gonna plan on my phone. I don't know anything about cereal. What's Kelloggs? I don't even know what do you mean he had a sanitarium.
Speaker 2: Oh that reminds me. Where are we supposed to go into the history of cereals?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know what will do that? Oh? You know what the next episode is. It's the granola episode.
Speaker 2: I love granola. Yeah, I did everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the granola episode.
Speaker 2: We're gonna need to do that on a day when we've had very filling breakfasts. This way, you know, cleaned you out.
Speaker 1: No, because granola is very filling.
Speaker 2: It's heavy and fiber.
Speaker 1: Everything has fiber. Listen, we have to go because otherwise we're just gonna argue for the next hour and a half. Like Bartles and James on the front porch. You don't know who that is? Who the wine cooler guys from the eighties who Okay, like the two old guys on the Muppets and the balcony how about that? Yeah you know them? Yeah, all right, that's what we sound like. Okay, we gotta go. Thanks for listening to Serial Killers. Follow us on Twitter, please serial Killers PC. That's cereal with a C. Let us know what you want us to try, because apparently we're running out of cereals.
Speaker 2: So okay, no, no, no, no, no, no, don't say that. Like I was the one who insinuated that. I came onto this podcast with you.
Speaker 1: Being like, there's dozens of cereals, there are so many cereals, and now you just said in this episode.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought I think we're running out of cereals. I don't know what to try anymore.
Speaker 1: Like every single day a new cereal comes out, so we're good. So you've scared our listeners, Am I jackal or Hyde? I don't know because I'm like doing everything on both sides.
Speaker 2: What you are a confusing human? Just press the subscribe button where you're listening right now. This way you get the episodes automatically delivered right to your phone. But who knows, maybe after episode thirty five that won't happen anymore. Leave us a review. Why are you taking your shirt off?
Speaker 1: I need medication?
Speaker 2: You're so weird. Press the subscribe button, hit the like. I don't even know if there's a like button. Rate us five stars. Give us a review. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Awkward that you're standing in front of a microphone shirtless right now, Like I am a confused.
Speaker 1: I think I need to head to mister Kellogg's sanitarium because I'm insane.
Speaker 2: I can believe that.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, well, thanks for listening. Love you so much, and until next time, serial lovers, think inside the box. Remember when you wanted that to be the slogan not catching on? Yeah one day, crunch crunch, I can put my shirt on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seriously, this is awkwards and
Speaker 1: Nipples are hard