Speaker 1: Hey, Fanorritos, and welcome to part two of our interview with the incomparable Joey McIntyre. You know this is a dream interview for me, and we know that you can never get enough joe mac, So let's.
Speaker 2: Get to it.
Speaker 1: Do you have similar feelings in that you got to you get to do it again? I know, like the band's been together longer now than you were originally in the eighties and nineties.
Speaker 3: But the gift is that you go back to two thousand and eight, and we.
Speaker 4: Were babies then, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: We were freaking babies then, right yeah, And so it actually opened up all all this stuff again right now. Yes, we were still riding this wave of like wow, you know what I mean, so much joy. But now all of a sudden, after fifteen years, I'm thrown back into these four other big personalities that mean so much to me, that are such a part of my life. Ye that I was away from, Yeah we kept in touch and whatever, but like to be back in there again. All my stuff came back up, All of it came back up, and I made, you know, a lot of the same mistakes I made new mistakes. It just happened to be you know, my place to work out all my crap. And I, you know, thankfully the first couple of years, by the first by like twenty ten, well, by the end of like two thousand and nine, I was like, you know, is that saying if you see three apples in one day, you're the apps.
Speaker 4: It's you, right, that's my rule. Yeah, yeah, the first on, the second one, so third one.
Speaker 3: So there were fours and maybe you know it turned out I was, you know, because I was ranting and rating about everything like in like I knew, I guess I didn't know. Just by the grace of God, like I decided to take a look and you know, start working on myself and focusing on myself. And slowly but surely I did that and like you do it imperfectly. And I mean that's that's the gift of you know, going to work every day whatever it is, right, is trying to you know, take care of yourself. You know, two things being true at the same time, you know what I mean, Like I can take care of myself, and also everybody else doesn't have to be the enemy, you know what I mean, Like, and it was all those It's so simple, right, It's like wax on wax off, but like it doesn't feel that way ever. And yeah, so that's that was my experience. So is it healing yes along the way, absolutely, yeah, it's it's been. It's been healing and very very much so, you know, even in the last couple of years. But the healing, you know, process and getting to healing doesn't again doesn't feel like.
Speaker 5: You know, it's like no, yeah, the healing isn't ever like a destination. It's a journey. Like they say, you're not ever. You don't get the degree in all of a sudden you're done and you're healed, and I can go on my merry way.
Speaker 3: Nice exactly, But yeah, there you go.
Speaker 5: And I mean family dynamics, you know whatever that family is, our family dynamics things.
Speaker 4: You know, it's just you can't.
Speaker 5: Put aside how you've always gotten along and you know, like you said, hopefully as you become an adult.
Speaker 4: You just go, oh wait, I have some stuff to work out here.
Speaker 3: It's not just you know, And again with the two things can be true at the same time, like family dynamics. Of a lot of it was because I was the youngest of nine kids and by the time I came along. Everyone just wanted to save me from like the craziness, like the good, the bad, and the ugly, you know what I mean. So I had a great narrative. You know. My dad would say he's blessed, you know what I mean. It was like all the things like and I didn't know it was. You know, as much as I want to like dive into the dynamics of me being the youngest and a group of five guys, like just in the last few years, I've realized that, like, oh, this is what it looks like to have siblings like rage, Like yeah, you know, because it so it takes away the uniqueness of it and it goes you know, oh, it's oh, you don't know what I'm dealing with. It's like, no, that that's what it looks like for most siblings.
Speaker 4: That's simply right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, so those two things, it's like there's that and also.
Speaker 4: Right, I can love you and you can drive me nuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, so and and and and it doesn't mean like it's black and white and someone both things can be true at the same exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, I definitely get that.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it's it's been nice to be able to kind of come back to all of this and you know, along with other podcasts like Podmeats World and you know, uh, Christine Lincoln and Stacy Keenan's podcast, and you know, like getting to come back and still be friends with people that we all kind of grew up in this weird world together and be able to be like, ah, huh, we made it. And I think we're all kind of normal now, Like you know, I think we all made it through to being functional adults sort of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, most of the time.
Speaker 1: This yeah, well, this is probably a good segue into your newest album Freedom.
Speaker 2: I love the album. It's it's wonderful.
Speaker 1: It's when I first heard it, I'm like, oh, is this Joe's midlife crisis album?
Speaker 2: You know, But there's lots of like much I don't know.
Speaker 1: Am I reading into lots of like tailored swift easter egg type things in there?
Speaker 2: But maybe they have deeper meetings. I don't know. Let's talk about what the album means.
Speaker 1: For you as a solo artist, trying to break away from this role that you've been known as for the last forty years as the youngest new kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you so much. Yeah, it's you know, I'm very satisfied with the final you know, product, which is a good feeling as as you guys can imagine, you know what I mean, be it, you know, creating anything, you know what I mean. It's just like that sounds very simple, but lots of times it's like I wish I did this, I wish I did that. Oh if I could have just and I don't have those you know, thoughts or feelings with this one, which is you know, a nice, nice thing, you know, as much as you know it's it is a mid life crisis. But it's almost like when people tell me, like when I was doing some like you know, listening parties, I was pitching this idea of like it's a twenty five year old protagonist, like this kid is twenty five, and it makes a lot of sense because it's that arrested development, right, you know what I mean. It goes back to like what we've been through Child Stars and this whole thing, and then like it takes so long to like get to oh, you know that story. I guess it might be like if I was normal, I'd have figured it out all by twenty five, you know, but like you know, I would have went to college and I would have got out. And I think we know that's not true either, But I think there's a I guess which a I'm grateful for, you know, is that there is this fire in the the the energy of the album. And you know, as much as I want to, you know, maybe stamp my feet sometimes and going why do I have to still work this out, it's like that's the fire. I mean, that's what that's what gets you, you know, out and after something. And I was able to, you know, put it into ten songs, and you know, having it just be ten songs to me is very kind of classic. And again, the albums that we grew up with were like it.
Speaker 5: Could almost fit on an actual record, right exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: There's an A side on the B side.
Speaker 3: And I and and I always you know, when I when I was sending it to people, even friends, because like, you know, it's it's just I know by now that it's it's not you know, we send each other things all the time, you know what I mean. I'm sure you guys get scripts and ideas and you go, oh my god, it didn't read that yet, and I'm like, whatever it is, it's not personal, you know, but I mean like it's thirty two minutes, you know, like it's literally thirty two minutes. So it's a car ride. It's like every car ride in Mes Angeles. But but I mean, where do I start. Yeah, it's it's it's very.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Some of the songs are kind of on the nose. Uh. Some of them are easter eggy, and some of them are just songs that stand on their own. I mean the last one is probably a song called Shut Up and Sing. It's a little bit on the nose as far as you know Joe's story and like his path, you know what I mean. And it was what I'm glad about is I've been able to share that openly and I'm you know, it's there's nothing controversial about it, you know, which I was. I didn't know how that was going to be, but I kind of I think I just went right to the you know, Donnie was nice enough to you know, not nice, kinding and loving enough to host a couple of listening parties and so we I talked about it like right off the bat with like blockheads and bandmates, and and that was that was nice to do. You know what I mean, it wasn't you know, and I think it's I don't think it lost its edge. Sometimes in my mind, I'm like, I'm going to write this song and not tell anybody what it's about. You to have it's just say just Paul, you know, like hanging over everybody, like right, they're.
Speaker 5: All gonna know now, right, And meanwhile everyone is oblivious and you're like, oh, it was just me. It was just me, okay.
Speaker 3: Exactly so but it was cool and like, you know, as far as like, you know, the album, the latest New Kids album, Still Kids, was a year before that came out in what twenty oh twenty four, like last year, and I wasn't. I wanted to work on my own album, my own stuff, and so you know, the other guys in Donnie in particular, were very patient, and you know, I ended up you know, jumping in and with my my writing partner Sean Thomas, who's amazing, and we wrote like half the New Kids album together, you know, and so it was like, you know, the universe had other plants, Like I didn't want to do that, but because I did that album, Sean and I were in such good shape as far as like making music that it was the perfect like jump off to make infant Is my own album. So it's like again, you know, can two things be true at the same time, Like can I you know, can I do both? And I think I was able to do that. And it's fun too. You know. One of my I guess desires or you know, intentions is to like kind of keep supporting this album Freedom. You know, lots of times we're like, I'm going to support this forever and then three months later you're like, what's next, you know, and this is you know, I hope to do it like in my own way because I I don't know. It's like especially today with like TikTok stuff and like right it comes back. It's like, you know, CDs that you know came out ten twelve years ago are now having like this amazing the life because they got a break and like, you know this it's really you know, not to get into the music thing, but I.
Speaker 5: Mean Kate Bush and her song with Stranger Things was like no way, I thought about that song for twenty years, thirty years time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like and and obviously that's like the home run. But like there's a lot of bands that like even we wouldn't hear about. It's like there's degrees of virality, of virality, virality, Did I say that, right? A viral virality? What was I gonna say?
Speaker 4: No that we're talking about freedom. You're out in.
Speaker 3: Music, I mean music when you're in it, and like, you know, it's fine, Like people are very opinionated with music, like you know what, you know, those who do it for a living and those who don't.
Speaker 5: And like the idea, everyone is very opinionated these days of you know what they say, but it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Fresh, it's gonna be different, it's gonna be this and that, and it's like and then a song from twelve years ago is suddenly massive. It's like the public doesn't think, oh man, that freaking drum sound, that freaking snare. Man, the way they tweaked that snare. It's like, no, I mean, it's fine to do that. But then that brings.
Speaker 4: Us back to again, back to the rilla varrala. Yeah, no, rilla varrella viagra.
Speaker 5: Yep, there we go, And that's our next ad, brought to you by now.
Speaker 4: I mean it is look, it's age appropriate.
Speaker 3: And we'll be back.
Speaker 4: And bull sak Okay, now ball sack.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why there's a coffee that I like.
Speaker 5: That is that's Canadian and I'm a child.
Speaker 6: Uh so it's called b A l z a Q like uh like the writer right, yeah, bull.
Speaker 5: But I took a picture of it and and was like ha ha, And a Canadian fan brought it to us at a at a call that we were at recently. And so Andrea, now that was why she chose that word. We are not in fact saying ball sack. It's it's the French version, which is bal Yeah, it's yeah, so everything sounds better with a French accent relative, Yes see, it just sounds better.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 5: Well, I know Andrea is really excited for your freedom tour. She like this has been a very big topic of conversation.
Speaker 3: And you're catching phase to right.
Speaker 2: I didn't see phase one. I know that terrible joke.
Speaker 4: Catch phase one? What happened? Were you off the planet?
Speaker 3: Where did you you? You missed a couple didn't you miss a You missed like a tour.
Speaker 1: During I know, and I missed your Carnegie, your fiftieth at Carnegie. And that was exactly why it's it's my it's my my problem child at home. So yes, that's that's for reasons we'll just say yeah, okay, yeah, So yeah, I'm sorry I didn't go to phase one, but I heard all about it.
Speaker 2: I had lots of friends that went, Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 3: I production wise, I kind of wanted to. You know, what happened was I basically staged an arena tour to try to fit in a club. And that was so personally as far as you know, trying to put something together and you go, I've been in this business way too long to like keep learning lessons. But but that being said, here we are now. Yeah, that that being said, I was happy with, Like, you know, it wasn't sometimes you can make a tour and you can just show up with you know, a guy and a guitar and like, you know, whatever lights is there or whatever sound, And at that time, I didn't do that, and I'm not going to do it the next time too. So it was fun to like go the extra mile and and do what I had to do for the for the vision that I had. So there'll be a couple of tweeks for phase two, but I kind of want to basically do the same show, Okay.
Speaker 4: Awesome, And it's a house of blues.
Speaker 5: Correct in the house, that's where the only house of blues really in so other I mean there's the original.
Speaker 4: One's gone some set.
Speaker 3: Oh no, there's I mean I think there's one in San Diego.
Speaker 5: Though, yeah, San Diego there is not the La area. It's no longer differentiation. But Setember twenty ninth, Anaheim House of Blues than.
Speaker 4: You is it already sold outs? Probably already sold out?
Speaker 3: It actually is sold out?
Speaker 4: Yea, Andrea.
Speaker 5: Andrea actually bought eighty seven percent of those tickets. Yeah, it's just gonna be and're gonna be audience with cardboard cutouts of her like, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: That's like Charlie Sheen, like buying the whole left field just to catch a foul ball or a home run.
Speaker 4: Right right, right right, and he's still missed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe he'll look at me right, yes, yeah?
Speaker 1: And where else? Tell us the other tour dates and stops what not dates? But where else are you going?
Speaker 2: We do?
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm just doing seven and like that. The the recovery there, so to speak, is that, Oh, if it's not going to be thirteen, then I'm not going to do it thirteen dates, but I did seven. So I'm doing Anaheim, Sacramento over to Salt Lake City. We don't have a venue.
Speaker 4: Area, stay tune.
Speaker 3: I know we're so close. I don't know what I did to the Mormons, but apparently.
Speaker 4: Like you can't. Are you trying to do a show on a Sunday or what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's a Saturday actually, I think anyways, So but whether it's a barbecue or a backyard.
Speaker 4: Park, right, you'll be at the Mormon Tabernacle.
Speaker 3: You've got to, you know, absolutely absolutely it's happening. So where Anaheim, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Denver, Lincoln, Nebraska, Minneapolis, and Milwaukee. So everything's sold out but except for except for Lincoln.
Speaker 6: Okay, what's that date again?
Speaker 4: I think I can make no, right, right? How many tickets do you need purchased?
Speaker 3: There's some seats left, which is a lovely thing.
Speaker 4: It's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanking for granted, and because you've just never known there's a lot going on in people's lives. But uh yeah, so I'm I'm glad I'm keeping the fires burning and you know, supporting the album.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, congratulations on it, because you know, I've heard nothing but good things about it, and I know it's always really fun to get to do more creative projects.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I want to show you what were you going to say?
Speaker 4: What were you say?
Speaker 3: This is a great this is a great knickknack.
Speaker 4: Actually, I have to mine.
Speaker 5: I think I know what you're going to show and I think I have miney?
Speaker 3: No, no, why not?
Speaker 2: Why am I not?
Speaker 3: Definitely?
Speaker 4: Oh I don't have that. No, I definitely don't have that. Okay.
Speaker 5: I thought I thought it was going to be the juke box with your face on the side of it, because I have that with a lunch box with his face on the side of it.
Speaker 4: I'll show you, Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Yea, Well it's it's it's already behind so this is. But that's the album, right and they's behind Andre now.
Speaker 2: But giving a Lincoln Lincoln Penny.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what people say. Okay, that's that's what people say. But my Boston guy, Irish Boston Irish Catholic Kennedy is JFK. Yeah, so this is it was based on the.
Speaker 5: Fil Well, you know JFK and Abraham Lincoln. There's a lot of weird connections there, and your album is just another one of them. I'm just saying, it's have you ever have you never heard of all of the weird?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: My friend, So there's a tangent. Okay, this is a you know you you finished?
Speaker 2: Did you get that?
Speaker 3: Girls? They're gonna kill me because I'm not good with names. The sisters, you know, Andrea, you know this is Chicago.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can.
Speaker 3: You're gonna kill so bad. But that's what they did. Is that hilarious?
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 5: It's so the there are lots of weird facts about Kennedy and Lincoln that are strangely interchangeable, as like something like Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy, Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln.
Speaker 4: There's like the.
Speaker 5: Inverse of dates they were both, like all of these weird facts that sort of tie them together. So the fact that you mentioned both of them on your album cover, it's just I think it's a strange little piece of the you're adding to the conspiracy theory, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Ye were they was was knowing. I haven't heard anybody say JFK was gay though.
Speaker 5: Uh No, but I think we've definitely heard the opposite that he was definitely not gay. Okay, so opposite thing, yeah, oh without yeah, well, I mean as far as like there you get some people say I think all kinds of things.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean, you know, it's it's a crazy world out there. But I heard we get it.
Speaker 5: No, I've I've heard a lot of that stuff, interesting things about Lincoln, but not to.
Speaker 4: Balls ac Okay, I used it on myself.
Speaker 5: It on myself, yep, and you Joe, we're yep, we're balls act for.
Speaker 1: When it sounded yeah, I don't know how to I don't how to segue.
Speaker 4: Finally kicked in, so I'm back to being me.
Speaker 3: I think you can change ball. Is it always balls or just there?
Speaker 4: Never before? It was only installed today?
Speaker 2: Truck nuts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, sure, yeah, we try to. Yeah, look, I'm all about it, you know, truck nuts.
Speaker 2: We'veally changed our safe work.
Speaker 3: That is that a fan or a microphone or like like a like a hair dryer, like an This.
Speaker 5: Is a It is a fan, and it weirdly rattles like slightly off. Gilter doesn't bother me, but my husband cannot stand it, and so it has been relegated to the outside office fan because it just I ignore it. So yeah, I thought you were talking about that fan, which also says something on it that I won't say on this show.
Speaker 3: Oh nice, yeah, have it behind you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, no one notices until I pointed out so show that.
Speaker 3: It's so off limits in the US, but in you know.
Speaker 5: And not not in certain communities, not in certain communities.
Speaker 3: Right, that's true, that's coming.
Speaker 5: True, which is yeah, yeah anyway, yeah, not to be weird and.
Speaker 4: Vague, guys. So back to the show, talking about Zach, I don't know, I don't know, help me, well, your headache meds just to.
Speaker 5: Be the one that went off and needed wrangling, I, in fact, am the one that doesn't know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got I've gone through. I think I've hit all my main questions.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: Joe girl, I'm like, how if I ask you anything? Anyways?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Did I hand? I mean you you were nice enough to ask about the album and like the Easter eggs? Was there any anything specific that you were sort of like, oh but weight? But really yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I appreciate the nod to the steps, the step by step steps in freedom, although it did cause some panic that you're leaving the band, like the rumors were just going crazy.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, you've put that to rest.
Speaker 1: I'm still trying to figure out what is anybody out there what that is about? Which I thought was about sobriety.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but now aliens.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's about AI.
Speaker 4: I don't know what aliens. It's definite aliens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I think it was. It was sort of like it was my version I I'm mad as hell and I'm.
Speaker 4: Not gonna take it very right.
Speaker 3: It's that it's sort of like shouting me, like what that am?
Speaker 2: I am?
Speaker 3: I the crazy one, Like that's what that is, you know. And then also part of that is specifically I've said it before, you know, I I love La. I'm Boston guy. I love La. No city is perfect, but I'm it feels like home. It's you got everything here, the good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly. So I don't want to talk about a Hollywood thing.
Speaker 1: But like.
Speaker 3: There is a little bit of of like, really, that's that's what's killing it right now, you know you know what I mean, the the you know, the apparatus, the you know, Apple TV is so it's like I'm happy for every body on Apple TV shows. But like talk about everybody getting behind No one's gonna say, you know not, you know, vote for the Apple TV show or get behind it. And and it sounds like you're but there's a there's an intersection that I drive by all the time, and Apple has two billboard boards on each side of the street, you know, and it's and it's connected. It's always the same show, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So along with the subliminal waves that they shoot into our heads, I'm just kidding you.
Speaker 3: Guys, they don't. They don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't need those. We have them in our hands. It doesn't even need to be subliminal if we just carry around a little addictive devices.
Speaker 3: There's a little bit of like, I mean, the second what is the second verse? I see I see signs up when I'm driving saying I need you, but I don't need you. You're up there flying but I ain't. And you know that kind of thing. I mean, it's a little bit on the nose, but like that's kind of like where where it was coming from. And then like you know, the AI news of everything and like learning, you know, AI is learning us, and then we don't know what's real and it's not real. I mean there's a little bit of everything that as I was writing this album, like a lot of it was like it felt freestyle, free form, which was cool because I think I had enough going on in my life that like it didn't have to be so explicit, which was kind of fun to do. And normally I'm a little bit more on the nose lyrically.
Speaker 1: But yeah, would little Joe recognize himself in this album in the fifty two year old Joe A, Yeah, very much so, I think so.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's that balance of I think when you're making music or making anything, we have to like, you know, be childlike. We have to play, we have to be vulnerable, we have to like pretend like everything's okay, like everything's safe. We can we can share what it's in our own little you know, sandbox, and we get to you know, express ourselves because if you're holding back. Yeah, in my own way, it definitely checked the box like to open up and not be afraid and like let you know. And I would often say like how to how to like happily married people, like write songs about like affairs or other women or other men. How do they do that? And like, but they do it all the time, you know what I mean? So, like there was that kind of energy that I was like embraced and like decided to be okay with. And I think that's important. Like, that's that's what we're here to do.
Speaker 5: Look, if Beyonce can write lemonade, you know what I mean? Right, anybody can write about anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's right. Hey, they can do it. I can too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly before it is, before we wrap up.
Speaker 1: As much as I don't, I know, as much as I don't want to wrap this up, I do want to tell you the favor my favorite thing I've seen of yours, like of all the things you've done.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, wait.
Speaker 1: Last thirty eight thirty eight years of following your Wait, I.
Speaker 3: Want to I want to guess. I won't guess.
Speaker 2: Are you meditating? What are we? What are we doing?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of what it what it might be, I.
Speaker 2: Think I obviously tell me what do you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I want to know what you think it is?
Speaker 3: It is a is it a theater piece thing? Yeah? Uh?
Speaker 2: The wanderer No, but that was great.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Mike Cortella is just yeah, he's such a joy. No, it's the kid. Oh, it's just like your if you're autobile, if you wrote an autobiography and performed it on stage like this is there's nothing more perfect than you performing your life story on stage.
Speaker 2: And it was. It had so much heart.
Speaker 1: I cried multiple times and I just left feeling like I knew you better than ever.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bring that back sometimes please.
Speaker 3: You know. That's so for Outside the Joe, you know, Blockhead World. I did work on a one man show. It's called the I'm not I'm not getting the clean. That was a burp. It was. It was, Oh my god, it's so funny. I did it about ten years ago. Learned so much learned as a writer, as a creator, putting things together, cutting things. We got it down to an hour and a half, you know, no intermission. We did it in Denver for three weeks, like a legit kind of out of town thing. It's something else come up, and you know, I did a TV show YadA, YadA, you know, to stay with those things. There was I'm not saying there's a I think there's another act to that. Andrea. I think, yeah, there's a base due to the kid, and it's different, you know what I mean. I think I think that was you know, I think that was important for a lot of reasons. And I love that in that moment at that time, like it did touch a lot of people. And that's what art is, you know what I mean, you do you do what you do in that moment. You know, there was a lot you know, when I was working on that, I was like, oh, well I never went to rehab, you know what I mean. I never I never was strung out. I never where were the stakes. You know. That's the funny thing, Like to get inside baseball in the box. It's like, well, you were never like in the gutter, Joe. So it's like, okay, you know that kind of thing. But I think we did a really good job, you know, crafting something that was you know, worth sitting in a theater for ninety minutes. And I'm glad you liked it, and thanks for thanks for the shout out.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and I think.
Speaker 1: We're at the age where we are examining, looking back and examining our life as a whole and making sense of it.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 1: There's a line you say in the show about how you're doing. Dad always told you to make something of yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so like be somebody.
Speaker 1: Be somebody, right, and how you found that success not necessarily professionally with your singing career or your acting career, but just personally with your kids, with your son Reese, and yeah, just.
Speaker 2: There's a lot.
Speaker 1: There's a lot in there, and just say, yeah, your your version of success as a forty something whenever you wrote it, however you already wrote it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I was very touched by.
Speaker 1: The whole thing and it made me examine my own life and say, well, you know, where is the where have I been successful in my life professionally personally?
Speaker 2: It was beautiful?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, look forward to phase two of the kid.
Speaker 3: Ay Ay, there's a lot of work. It's like just thinking about it, like putting that together and like how do you tell your story? Can you imagine? You know what I mean? Like how because you have to make these decisions like this is exactly how I would say it, but like it serves the piece you know on that. But I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you that this has been so fun. Hey, we have to wrap up. We've kept your home?
Speaker 3: Is that a Rubic's Cube handbag.
Speaker 4: It is, yes, it is.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 5: You can make you can weirdly make a bag on it just about anything.
Speaker 3: All your crap is too far away that like we can't really comment.
Speaker 5: Which is probably well for someone that's probably a good thing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, some of that you probably people be like, wow, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I've got I've got full house stuff.
Speaker 5: I've got lego stuff, I've got fuller house stuff.
Speaker 4: I got a lot of books.
Speaker 5: I got a street art that my friends have done, stuff.
Speaker 3: That I've bought.
Speaker 4: I have a.
Speaker 5: Picture of me with Jason Bateman from my first TV appearance. Oh yeah, you know, he thinks. And there's some other things up there that I won't mention. Uh, you can't see him, so it's fine.
Speaker 4: Well, this has been such a great interview, Joe. I thank you so much, so much. It's been a blast, it really really has.
Speaker 5: And can you please tell Andrea that you guys are friends and it's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're okay. I just needed I needed that reassurance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, she can text you, right, like if she like, she could text you, right.
Speaker 4: I just want I'm just asking what I'm just asking a question.
Speaker 3: What did you text me recently about about tickets?
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing, like this, it's very stressful having your phone number. First of all, I don't I never want to take advantage you know, I never want to like take for granted, I've never drunk dialed you.
Speaker 2: I'm very proud of that.
Speaker 1: And so but I'm just like, I don't want to be like, I don't want to be the jerk that just I'm happy to buy tickets to any of your shows, and I do, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I feel like, should I ask you for tickets you I'm coming, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's you should definitely ask.
Speaker 2: Okay, And so I do. Jody's like, just text him. If you're close enough to have his phone number, you're close enough to text him for tickets.
Speaker 3: And so I'm stress I kind of invited myself on on this shows.
Speaker 5: Perfect and then he wants to be honest, it's all great, it's all gravy, and it has been no, it has.
Speaker 4: Really been a joy you.
Speaker 5: You are such a pleasure to talk to, Joe, and you're so much fun and I love a fellow tangent runner.
Speaker 4: So it's uh no.
Speaker 5: But seriously, You're just so talented and you have worked so hard. You know, as somebody else who's been in this business a long time, it's not easy to do, and you've been incredibly incredibly successful in so many ways.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, it's really.
Speaker 5: Awesome to see and you're you are an awesome human, So you really are.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna put in.
Speaker 4: And now we have to ben Now we have no money for the show.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: It's okay, I think if it's under ten seconds seven seven, but it's.
Speaker 3: Fine, all right.
Speaker 2: I think we're good.
Speaker 4: I think we're good. Do you have anything else to say?
Speaker 1: Yes, just as a lifelong joe girl like this obviously getting to know you as a friend has been beautiful, but like the best thing is just knowing what a wonderful human you are, Like you have such a great heart, and you're so smart, and I could just talk about that forever. But yeah, no, just of all the things I thought if I ever meet Joey McIntyre, you've turned out even better than I imagine.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you're just a great person. So thanks for being you.
Speaker 6: Right back at your kid, Yay, all right, get out of here.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. We appreciate you taking the time. We'll talk to you soon. Love you. Okay, Are you okay?
Speaker 3: Five?
Speaker 4: Are you okayved?
Speaker 1: My heart?
Speaker 4: You killed it? You were normal? Could you feel like questions?
Speaker 5: Look, you're the one that brought up pooping within the first five minutes.
Speaker 4: Okay, I like I just show you.
Speaker 2: That's how I knew we were friends. If you can talk about.
Speaker 5: And you're worried about texting him, Yes, girl, I don't understand anyway. Now, that was a pleasure, and he is He's so much fun to be around, Like, yeah, he really really is.
Speaker 2: I'm so so happy he got to be on the show. So great you Yeah, dream come true? Man?
Speaker 4: Are you good? Are you just gonna go Yeah?
Speaker 1: For the rest of the day, I'm just gonna be head in the clouds and I'm gonna be replaying everything.
Speaker 4: In my mind.
Speaker 2: And Oh I shouldn't have said that. Oh I should have said that differently.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think there's anything that you shouldn't have said.
Speaker 5: I think everything that you did say, all of it was absolutely wonderfully, amazingly appropriate because it was funny and it If anything.
Speaker 4: I hope it like showed you that you can just have a conversation with him. He's actually a friend. He likes you. You're kind of a cool human too.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeh yeahs for.
Speaker 2: Me and my wingman and talking me hold my hand through this.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely, and you study great study.
Speaker 5: I told Mescal this morning, I was like, I am so excited for the podcast today. I said, I cannot wait to be AB's wing woman for this.
Speaker 4: So you did great.
Speaker 1: Your tangent, you had one tangent, it was perfectly appropriate.
Speaker 2: And you got right back on track.
Speaker 4: I'm so proud of I see it can be done.
Speaker 2: It can be done.
Speaker 5: It's not ever going to be done again. So audience, just put those hopes away. Uh but yeah, but this will keep the safe word just in case, just in case. I think it's a good that's a good idea. That's a good idea. Well, thank you listeners for joining us.
Speaker 4: For such a very special episode.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: We appreciate our fan of Rito's we love you and and blockheads out there, of which there are probably large a large number of crossovers, and we hope you've enjoyed the show. If you want to find us on Instagram, follow us at how Rude Podcast. If you want to send us an email. You can send us an email at how Rude Tanner Rito's at gmail dot com. Make sure you're liking and subscribing to the podcast so you can get episodes like this as soon as they come out, because it's very exciting. Check out our merch store, how rudemerch dot com and uh and that's it, you guys. So in the meantime, remember the world is small, but the.
Speaker 4: House is full of Joe girls, just full, and it's all you.
Speaker 1: It's used and just it's just you know, I represent one of many, many, many men, many Joe girls, and there's a little deed out.
Speaker 5: There, indeed, but all I'm just I'm picturing the full house, house just stuffed with with with you and your T shirt just popping out of every yep o life.
Speaker 2: That's their wear today.
Speaker 4: Love it.