Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous. It's La La Kent.
Speaker 2: Welcome to untraditionally Laala, Hello, my loves. I cannot believe it that we're venturing into a new year. I feel like twenty twenty five was like the longest yet shortest year of my entire life.
Speaker 3: They get they get quicker as you get older. Is that Does that happen for anybody else?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you something?
Speaker 2: There are times where I'll wake up in the middle of the night and I'll be side sleeping like this, and I go, oh, no, wrinkles, switch back to the back because I'm like, time is passing, gravity is doing its thing.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe that's why I'm tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow is New Year's Eve, which means another year is down, which means, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, I'm going to be thirty six. I'm gonna be thirty six. Oh god, it's fine.
Speaker 2: It's fine, Botox facelifts, fuck it, clip injections.
Speaker 3: I'll let gravity do its thing for me. You're a man, You're let's takin and do what you want.
Speaker 2: So I don't know know how most people roll on New Year's Eve, like after they become parents. I remember living in Utah and like New Year's Eve was such a big deal. I used to like rocket so freaking hard. I had the outfit planned. I would start putting my makeup on at like ten, no, ten o'clock at night. Oh to like go pregame for an hour and then get to the place where we were going to like bring in the new year.
Speaker 1: And then it was like on and popping until the summer.
Speaker 4: You were going home with those miserable nights.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: The other night, we were playing the Switch and rocked it for probably four hours.
Speaker 4: I went to bed. Me too.
Speaker 2: I went to bed at midnight, which I never do, and I felt so hung over the next day I could barely function. Ocean comes and she's like, hey, Mom, which is the normal time that we wake up? And I was like, you gotta go enter your sister. I was like, please entertain your sister. I'm so tired. Just why you don't stay at that late?
Speaker 4: Don't switch at night.
Speaker 1: Everyone's like, are you hungover?
Speaker 2: I'm like, yes, I am switch and everyone's like it'll get you every time.
Speaker 5: It really does.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know about you or if anybody else did your your your eyeballs? Do your eyeballs like you have to your no, but like I would look up and it would hurt.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, right, that's your body telling you stop looking at the screen. Close your eyes. We should get blue light glasses. Anyway, That's how I used to do it back in the day. Now that I have kids, I want to celebrate New Year's with them, I don't want to. I do not ever make it until midnight anymore. This year, Palm Springs is what we usually do. But I am wanting to have Ocean because now she she's aware, like and I want her to be around her friends. So we're gonna to celebrate with her group of friends and their moms and parents. That way she can she can have like a good time.
Speaker 1: What do you like when you think about New Year's Eve? What do you like? What would be your the most perfect New Year's Eve for you?
Speaker 3: Did you guys know that there's one night that I is embedded and it was probably like twenty fifteen in that area, and it was my best New Year's was alone?
Speaker 4: Yeah, nothing, I was alone. You were in La Okay.
Speaker 3: Mom and dad were on vacation, I think Saint George, and I was at home and people were like, come over here, come over there and I was like, I'm not going to do any of that. I stayed home with the dogs, Pobby and Bernie because they get scared for no firework.
Speaker 4: So I was like, I'm not going to leave.
Speaker 1: A lot of people can't be New Year, their dogs.
Speaker 3: Be couples the home to their dogs dead under Oh that is from heart attacks under beds and things, because they're so scared. So I was like, that is a big thing. Protect you like dogs. I you know, I'm a big dog guy. Yeah, so my dogs get very scared. So that is like a big reason. After that, I haven't really done anything out and about. I usually stay home with them, but I stayed home. I had Panda Express in Mom and Dad's bed and I had the windows open so I could see the fireworks like from skyline and all of that. And I was just watching TV eating Panda Express at midnight and that is so fun, best night ever.
Speaker 4: And I did have the dogs on the bed moment. Dad. I don't know Dad does now, but that's what you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Dad knows everything.
Speaker 5: Dad knows a lot.
Speaker 3: I don't love that, but I think I'm gonna hang out with you guys. I just want to see like ocean pop off some fireworks. I think a lot of my buddies are like, here's the thing in La, everything's an event, Like there's not just like somebody's having a house party that I know of. Yeah, and I'm not doing the striving a thing where I have to go and like pay for parking dry like, I'm not doing any of that. So I think I'm just gonna like I don't like doing any of it, So I think I'm just.
Speaker 4: Hanging out with the family.
Speaker 2: I also, yeah, like just being around people where and yeah, and making it easy. I also think that Sosa is going to be really into the fireworks. I thought she would be terrified of the holidays because Santa Claus and like fireworks and the poppers. I'm like this, she's like so high strung and high maintenance that like anything, the wind blows in a different direction and she's like losing her mind.
Speaker 1: But I'm actually thinking she's going to.
Speaker 2: Be solid tonight because on Santa's lap, she didn't even cry. She just sat there and looked up at him and then like smiled awkwardly and was totally fine. So I think she's going to be fine with like the popping and all the things. I'm very excited. That's what I'm most excited about. It was just to be around my kids.
Speaker 3: Being own family. To ring in the new year is always a good new year, guess. I've never had a bad New Year's with my family, And every time I go out with friends, it's always like, god, fuck, You're always in the wrong place at the wrong time for the ball to drop or the New Year.
Speaker 4: You're always in a place where you're like, oh.
Speaker 3: Well, happy New Year, everybody, and it's you know, it's I'd rather just be banging some pots, watching my niece's fire off some things, just hanging out with my family and watching.
Speaker 1: Gigi, Happy New, Happy New Year.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you brought that up because, and I've spoken about this before, I really get into just like the holiday spirit. Even as a young child, like when it came to Christmas, the gifts were great or whatever, but like i couldn't fight the feeling of Christmas, and.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to instill that in my kids.
Speaker 2: Same thing with New Year's as I get older, I don't want to bring in the new year that for me represents a lot like what is it going to bring. There's going to be amazing things. There's also you know, you don't know if sadness is going to come in the new year. We talked about this, I think a couple of years ago. When you go into a new year, it's like so exciting and you celebrate it. But like twenty eighteen that held, and obviously I didn't know this, twenty eighteen would hold the death of my dad.
Speaker 1: Twenty eighteen would hold the year that I got sober.
Speaker 2: So I think about those things like, I don't know what's to come, And I don't mean to sound more bit or dark, but I want to bring in this new year and essentially a new chapter with people who I really really love and adore and who I think are going to be with me for the long haul, which is always going to be my family.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's when you said morbid when you think like that, But I don't like when people say like people may think it's like, no, you're realistic. You've lived through things that have made you realistic. Yeah, you know, right, so that's just one thing realistic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I am excited to have a new year, I think for the for the first time in a few years. I've finally forgiven myself for a lot things that were weighing heavy on me. I like when I say I no longer care, they're not just words, like I truly like, I don't feel it a part of me at all.
Speaker 1: I've let it go.
Speaker 2: So entering a new year, I get I get to go in saying, oh, this is not going to follow me into any portion of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: And there's also a lot.
Speaker 2: Of goals that you know, before the holiday break, I was firing off emails and people are like, well, we're going into the holiday I'm like, I understand that, but like, I want to make sure that the moment we land in twenty twenty six, we hit the ground fucking running because a year is nothing and I need to get things poppin off.
Speaker 4: No, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: You know, there's been a lot of dissolving of businesses and partnerships going sour. I need everything to fall into place, and I need everyone teed up before we land in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Period.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like buying the twenty twenty six calendar before the new year. Yeah, you have to have it set up. You're on target playing ketchup anymore?
Speaker 1: Do you have any resolutions?
Speaker 3: How funny that I was going to ask you that I have a lot, and I'm gonna try to stick to a couple of them. I'm not going to go too crazy, but uh, the one that I really do want to stick with is I want to start getting up. I want to go to bed earlier, getting up earlier, and I want to start taking care of my body. Okay, working out, eating, well, just things like that. I'm not gonna you know, yeah, like I'm going to the gym. It's like, Okay, I know I need to, Yes, I get that, but like, let me start with a couple of new things and then work that into it. And I want to go to the gym around like February March when everybody else is falling off their resolution.
Speaker 1: Well that's what people recommend.
Speaker 2: They're like, don't do not get it in January, Like, if you're serious about it, it's jam packed because every single person has that as their New Year's resolution. Mine I would like to stay more consistent with working out.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I think, when you're setting your resolutions, make ones that are realistic. Like for me, I know that if I don't get a workout in in the morning. Come the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is go work out. I'm also not the type where if my day and work is scheduled to start at nine am, and I know I got to get my kids off to school and whatnot, I'm not the type to get to a gym to start working out in the five six o'clock hour. That's not realistic. So having a resolution of like, I'm gonna find balance and I'm going to sit down with a calendar and say this is how I'm going to structure my days in morning so that I can implement all of these things that are going to be good for me. I'd also like to start doing a water cleanse at least once a month. My body needs that.
Speaker 3: The one thing that I do want to add in. I'm getting better at it, but I want to take more time for it because I feel like it'll help. But I want to start five minutes every morning and do a meditation.
Speaker 2: When I was doing that Easton, it shifted my whole day. Like I was in like the height of my custody battle and I was struggling to survive.
Speaker 1: But I would wake up in.
Speaker 2: The morning and listen to whatever meditation, whether it was like white noise a song. I know, meditation is not hearing noise and getting into your zone, but anything.
Speaker 4: That just kind of because if I don't hear noise, you're in your own mind, and the noise kind of brings me back to center.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see that meme?
Speaker 2: It's about someone who has eighty D and eighty HD and they're like talking about how their prayers go to God, and it's like they start praying and then they start going on at tangents to something else and they're like they come back.
Speaker 1: And go, oh, sorry, God, where was I? That's me?
Speaker 4: That's me.
Speaker 1: My prayers take like literally find.
Speaker 3: I've had to restart a couple of times because I'll start praying and then I'll hit like that certain like another and then I'm like why do I.
Speaker 4: Even think there? And then I'm like, but why have I gotten to this point? Oh? I forgot I was praying. Let's restart this thing. Yeah, sorry God.
Speaker 1: So I think training the mind that's.
Speaker 3: A meditation and the other thing that I do want to do once a month or even like once a week if I could, I want to go to the beach, oh to get grounded, Like I don't, like.
Speaker 1: We got to find a good beach though, I.
Speaker 4: Was thinking about going up to Malibu.
Speaker 1: That's a far drive. You'd have to leave very early.
Speaker 4: To say I think that.
Speaker 3: But the traffic is actually shorter going up and around because everybody's going down. And yeah, it's kind of like if I were to do it at the time, I've looked him up, but like, is it a long drive?
Speaker 4: Yes, but I thought, why not listen to.
Speaker 3: Just calming music and have like a quiet drive where it's a big meditation, go to the beach twenty minutes, thirty minutes, no shoes, sand grounding.
Speaker 1: You know, Chris Jenner is really onto something.
Speaker 2: By waking up at four am, you do have a lot more time in the day to do what you need to do.
Speaker 1: You do work out the getting your.
Speaker 5: Mind raving to assume at four am, four four four.
Speaker 4: What No, this bitch is going about at like's why she's Chris Jenner. That's yeah.
Speaker 1: Some people are built different.
Speaker 3: Well, what's it called? Donald Trump? Our good old president? He did say the one thing I can I agree with. If you sleep for eight hours a day, you cannot be successful. He was like, there he goes. The human body only needs five to six hours. If you're getting any more than that, you cannot be successful. You're sleeping through your successful hours.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I know, and I did that one did hit me in the heart. But now I was like, oh no, I'm getting this back and hit you in the heart.
Speaker 5: Sorry Jesus.
Speaker 2: The last thing I want to say before we wrap this episode up is The Valley is also going to premiere in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that's going to be like.
Speaker 5: Do we have a early Is it like March April?
Speaker 1: I think it'll be. Is it going to be like a Marchish aprilish?
Speaker 5: So we don't have to wait that long? No, I'm crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't have to wait that long.
Speaker 4: I'm really excited to see.
Speaker 1: I'm tripping. I'm fucking tripping. So there's my New Year's resolution. Don't trip things that I don't have control over.
Speaker 2: I have to be able to let them go and just be like it's done, don't care and you even and feel it to my very core.
Speaker 1: And that's my hope for all of you.
Speaker 2: I want you guys to go into this new year, and you know, just try to conquer the art of, in moments, being selfish, taking your needs seriously. Life is very very short. I don't mean to freak you guys out, but take time to ask yourself what makes me truly happy?
Speaker 1: And something that resonated with me.
Speaker 2: That mom said the other day was when you lose yourself, you find yourself. There is such thing as being too in tune with your own emotions. When you're feeling like you're getting to know yourself a little too well, I recommend an act of service. Go out, try to make someone else's life a little bit easier, and in those moments you will find a happiness that you did not know you were searching for. With that being said, I love you guys, and I will catch you in the new year.
Speaker 1: Bye bye,