Speaker 1: What is up Dolphins and welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show, the Dolphins take on the Niners in a game that both teams absolutely must win. Will preview the matchups, the Keys, give you a prediction and much much more from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is the Draft Time Podcast, Real Quick Football Tonight. Broncos over Chargers is my pick either way, Like you get a good result in this game if you're the Dolph, if you're a Dolphins fan rooting for playoffs, or you know, trying to get back into the playoffs, I will take the Broncos. I think a banged up Justin Herbert who cannot move compounds his issues that he can't see the field that well. I think a good Broncos defense can get after him. In a Chargers offense that has no separators and has no run game and the quarterback is struggling in the second half of football games, give me the Broncos and a game between two teams I don't think are that good, but one of them, probably two of them, will make the playoffs Week sixteen at No Rather Verse the San Francisco forty nine Ers at hard Rock Stadium for twenty five kickoff on CBS, A Nansen Romo game. Seventy degrees at kickoff, expected to dip in the low sixties by about seven to thirty end of the game. Partly cloudy, minimal breeze and a slight chance of rain. A little bit chilly these days in South fourth seventy degrees, we are cold out here. Let's go ahead and meet the forty nine ers for the fourth time this year. We are going to tell you about a team that has a very similar makeup to ours, and we'll do it for a fifth time next week, the Niners, where coach McDaniel advanced his career from positional assistant to coordinator and the springboard to get in the big chair here in South Florida. They are such an interesting team. I will mention as often as I can. The story I wrote back in twenty seventeen for my own website called third and ten dot com, where I broke down quarterback play and I was very bullish on the Brian Hoyer reuniting with Kyle Shanahan forty nine Ers, thinking they might surprise some folks now that was in fact a lie are lie detector determined they were terrible that year until they traded for a quarterback in Jimmy Garoppolo and went six and one down the stretch to finish the year after starting to nine. It built hype into twenty eighteen, but he gets injured in week two. They go four and twelve, and it lands them Nick Bosa in a class that also landed them Deebo, Samuel and Dre Greenlaw one year after getting Fred Warner and everything. Finally clicks thirteen and three, a ten point fourth quarter lead in the Super Bowl, but they can't close it out. Then twenty twenty, that damn injury bug pops up again. It's all that damn Bob Barker's fault. Jimmy g goes down again. George Kittle, Deebo, Samuel, Nick Bosa, Richard Sherman among the eighteen players they had on injury reserve that year, not to mention play their final three home games in Arizona due to the pandemic. They go six and ten, make that trade with US for Trey Lance, and he goes on to play a whole one game for them in twenty twenty two before he gets hurt. But in twenty twenty one they go ten to seven, win two road playoff games, and we're again leading in the fourth quarter in the NFC Championship game but can't close it out. Lance takes over in twenty twenty two for the off fourmentioned one game. They go back to Garoppolo and he leads them to a seven to four record before he gets hurt again against US. And then Rock Purdy is born, well, I mean he wasn't born, but his football career, NFL career was born. They win their final six games, roll up two more playoff wins, but then they have to play a fourth string quarterback when Purdy gets hurt in the NFC Championship game, as Lance and Jimmy g were already down and they get properly blown out. Then Purdy's first full year as a starter coming off of that. Did he have UCL surgery that year? Tommy John I can't remember, but he goes twelve and five, takes them to the Super Bowl. They have a lead, they get into overtime again, but Patrick mahomes again. So when they've been healthy, second best team in football over like the last seven years right when injured, they win four six games and get high draft picks and cash in on those draft picks. Legit one of the crazier seven year roller coasters, quite frankly this league has ever seen. And now injuries in twenty four have hit them hard once again, and they are six and eight, hanging on to an extremely slim playoff hope, and they need to win out and get two Rams losses. There's actually a possibility they are eliminated by kickoff on Sunday, and that's if the Rams beat the Jets and the Commanders upset the Eagles.
Speaker 2: That would do it.
Speaker 1: The first one likely, second one not so much. But even then if the Rams win that game, they have to have the Commanders lose two of their final two games, I should say to the Falcons and Cowboys as well, So not very likely for the Niners. This year, we saw Drake Greenlaw play a half of football and what a difference that guy makes. He was outstanding, but he did have to leave the game dealing with knee soreness. You heard from uh or we'll hear from Lindsay Polaris tomorrow that it sounds like he will give it a go. I was talking to Kyle, which you'll hear from him tomorrow as well, and he thinks that that's not like as sure of a thing because of the nature of that injury in the soreness. So we'll see what happens there. I tend to trust Kyle's word, but we also got word from the Niners, so we'll see if he can play the game and finish the game right. But he did say he was going to play, So it sounds like they will have those backers back in the middle and try to do what the Texans did to us, squeezing those throwing lanes inside. But they do have some very critical players who are down. Brandon Ayuk is their best receiver, Christian McCaffrey is their best player. Jordan Mason is the third string running back. Elijah Mitchell was the second string running back. Those guys were all down, and so is their best interior defensive lineman in Javon Hargrave. Tons of talent, And then it sounds like Trent Williams will also miss the game. That one's not for sure yet, but Shanahan's comments on Wednesdays sounded pretty pretty ominous about his availability this week. And the rest of the season. As for the forty nine ers offense, their scheme you know it. It starts with wide zone. It incorporates a ton of motions and shifts to get bumps and slides out of the defense to try to mess up their communication. It has a beautifully synchronized run game with false keys and misdirections that forces defense to play with hesitancy and to be able to play in all directions both from a physical standpoint change of direction, but also processing standpoint. And a very accurate, smart quarterback who processes quickly and excels in the quick game to weapons that can hurt you. On the back end, they love to run it behind one of the best tight ends to ever do it in George Kittle. They love to throw it to him and let him set the temple offensively with the way he runs through tackles. And though they are down their best receiver in Brandon Ayuk, Deebo Samuel has been getting more touches in the backfields a ballcarrier, but he is really struggling this year with drops and just being an impact player on that offense. I would say that you can point to him as well as the Sho McCaffrey absence as like the biggest reasons this offensive struggled this year, and struggle is like subjective because they're still top ten, but they haven't been in sync all year long like they usually are. They've been banged up upfront. Their forte isn't five and seven step drops on third and longs. But they have developed continuity and played connected upfront, albeit maybe not super productive. They play with the fullback, they incorporate two tight end personnel without that fullback and with them they did have a fast twenty one personnel package before injuries basically said you can't do that no more, and they run eleven personnel, which is the most common personnel package three receivers in the NFL. They run it at one of the lowest rates because again of that versatility, how do you attack it? The biggest key is the range you exhibit in the middle of the football field. They are so good at messing with your alignment before the snap, which go ask Zach Thomas.
Speaker 2: You can't do that because you don't know Zach Thomas.
Speaker 1: But he will tell you how important alignment is pre snap, and they are very good at getting you out of your alignment with condemmations to then shift at the line of scrimmage to identify their coverage. They run motions to tip off their quarterback with the information he might need to get before the snap, and a run game that helps emphasize the eye candy and fall steps that offensive system creates, and then they throw inbreakers in behind those display zones. It is a lot, man, It's a complex offense, and they have I mean perfected it as a strong term with how they're playing right now, but I mean the past they have And Shanahan's the originator of this, right He's the junior to Papa Shanahan, and he really took it and made it even better than what Mike Shanahan did with it. For years now, all of that has not exactly flowed seamlessly this year, given how banged up they've been. The loss of Ayuk is legit one of the biggest pieces any team in the league could could lose, and one of the few ones that might be bigger is the loss of Trent Williams. Like picture us playing without Waddle in tront that's basically what it is, or Tyreek in toront I guess they have something that I think we've strived. We're striving for here with continuity across the offensive line. And I'm not even talking about like one year of good health, rather having the program be in place for eight years and inserting developmental pieces in for high price free agents that exit like Laken Tomlinson and Mike mcglinchy who were replaced with in house options Colton mckivitz.
Speaker 2: And uh Aaron Banks or am I talking about Dominic Puney.
Speaker 1: Either way, young young players on the offensive line filed in for those guys that left in free agency. They and both of those guys struggled in Denver and in New York respectively. They do have that even without Trent Williams. And if you know how this system functions, one of the main positions they try to ensure they have elite players at is that tackle spot, and without Trent Williams, neither of their tackles are elite or even really above replacement level. I like how we ran inverted to last week. What's inverted to, Well, you better to listen right now because we're gonna talk about it a lot in this podcast. It is when you bring your safeties down to play the hook or play either you know, cloud coverage on the outside or in the middle of the field. And your cornerbacks are the ones that get deep and play deep half in the secondary. So we ran a lot of that last week. I love how we peeled our sim pressure looks where you would, you know, show five and bring four and peel back Benito Jones or Zach Seeler or Chop Robinson or Anthony Walker, whoever it might be, into the hook zone. And it continuously forced C. J. Stroud to get off that first read. It changed the launch point because we beat their butts in their pass protection. And then you plaster on the back end with Ramsey, Cohu and Fuller and you get a pretty good game plan. I think the Niners can be attacked similarly, and I think we might have to get that if we want to have a chance to win this football game. The Big Three versus the forty nine Ers offense Number one, you have to cut off outside zone.
Speaker 2: You know how.
Speaker 1: In every good apocalyptic zombie film, the characters eventually come to find out that the only way to slow the zombies down, or perhaps even return them to their pre in infection health, is to like remove the head of patient zero. Right, Oh my god, I give Kenny exactly like that, and that applies to the outside zone runs with the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: But that's not all you have to do.
Speaker 1: That's just step one because if they get those stretch runs on the perimeter, if you let Juwan Jennings pin your edge on the perimeter and they pull a tackle or one of their incredibly athletic interior offensive lineman Aaron Brewer for US dominic puny for them, then they wind up having defensive backs in space, having to beat three hundred pound roadblocks and making tackles on shifty backs. It's a losing proposition once again. Fortunately for Miami, that will not be Christian McCaffrey, nor Jordan Mason nor Elijah Mitchell, who all those guys had great knowledge and vision for zone running. No teams sniff out good zone runners like the forty nine ers. Dude, I think Isaac Grendo can get that, but I don't think he's there yet. He's getting his feet wet in the complexities of the system that also features a lot of counter and unique footwork to help sell the fakes and false keys they feature. It's a lot for a young player to take on. In fact, their third back was a guy that I thought was pretty damn good at it, and Mitchell, but again he's down as well all the way back in training camp. So that's where I think you point to some of the opportunities. We saw the Texans offense struggle to find a rhythm and were consistently behind the change because well, Jordan Brooks made such a great play on the tackle for loss that he had that he had early in the game where at knock Joe Mixon out of the game periodically and then eventually for good. But we just consistently beat the Texans and kept him into long down distances and got off the field three point six yards per play in general. But it starts with twenty rush attempts for seventy seven yards, not great. But if you take away the one wide receiver carry a one rush for fifteen yards for Tank Dell where we should have had him lost in the backfield there too, it then becomes nineteen for fifty eight. If you get that in this game, I think you'll hold the Niners to twenty your points less again and probably less if you don't turn the ball over, which is going to be you know, obviously another key critical element of this game. They're right guard Dominic Puney has been really good, a really good player for them. He's a perfect outside zone fit, solid and pass protection. He's really the one newcomer and come in seamlessly for the offensive line. And I'll never forget Daniel Jeremiah his draft conference call last year. I was I waited for an hour and a half to ask my question, and I was like, who's the best outside zone in tierior offensive lineman? DJ because I thought we were in the business for that, and he pointed to Dominic Putney, so that tracks they drafted him in San Francisco. But other than that, it's been the main stays. If Trent Williams plays, which doesn't sound like he will, it changes the entire dynamic. But he's been replaced over the last four games by Jalen Moore.
Speaker 2: Who isn't very good.
Speaker 1: Moore hasn't been charged with a sack this season, but you can watch the tape and it's a lot of help and a lot of quick game and trying to you know, runoff play pass in terms of not getting him true dropback situations. But if you're going to get their assignments confused with your slide and your bumps and your pre snap shifts. That's probably the only area you can get them in because it is so key to try and do to the offensive line what they want to do to the front seven by getting them to take fallse steps and create better blocking angles leverage. But they're so well schooled in the scheme that they can really make up for what you might call a lack of traits with that connectivity in their communication. But you got to find a way to split those seams and kind of get their assignments, you know, confused off the snap. So it's important to really hold that edge and the right side too for that matter, because although Colton mckibbitts has been a start of there every game the last two years, he's the low man terms of the pass rush data. He has a PBE of like ninety three point seven, which is really really rough and frankly from my I on the tape in the run game, it's it's just not been very good. So very important day for Chop Robinson, for Emmanuel Ogbab Bradley Chubb, if we get him back for Kalais Campbell and those five technique roles. You have to win on the outside and set the table for everything else, and then on the inside. I don't really care if you're facing King Kong, Godzilla and the stay Puff marshmallow Man across the interior offensive line. I'm picking Zach Slier to win any of those matchups that he might face. And these guys are not those monsters. And I thought we did a great job on the edges versus Houston, and let Zach and Jordan almost a Jerome Jordan Brooks just win, win, and win some more. It's funny, you know, go search any of their offensive line names on X or find any discourse on their offensive line. It is the exact same as what you'll see on Dolphins here, like literally the exact same. Somebody will share the offensive line data and the replies will say that's because of brocks quick release. But Brock's time throw this year is like three point three second or three point oh three seconds, so that ain't it. I don't really have an opinion on it. I just think it's really funny because, as the great Morty Smith once said.
Speaker 2: Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die.
Speaker 1: Come watch TV man, what a great show, Rick and Morty is. Let's go ahead and take our first break. Great there, come back and do keys two and three. In terms of the Niners offense, we'll talk about their defense and pick the game. All of that much more. Draft Time Podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by automation. You gotta stop outside zone and number two is to tackle, to punch the pocket and catch your interceptions like you eat your carrots as a kid, right, the old three for one. I think when you look at the issues this offense has had this season, it's somewhat of a replica to what we saw with us down the stretch last year. Every game you were missing like one of the big time skill guys. You had different offensive line combinations pretty much every single week, and you were not able to get those guys on the practice field together, which in an offense that coach McDaniel says has to be very connected to work. You get inconsistencies, you get rhythm that falls off and it causes some major gaffs and the way you do things purty looks more uncomfortable to me. This year than he has ever and I do think that he gets a bad rap in the same way Tua does. But ma'am, he sure does put the football in harm's way at kind of an alarming rate. He got away with so many drop picks last year. He was one of the leaders in turnover worthy plays. He had thirty two of them last year. Now he kind of got away with a lot of those in terms of the twps compared to actual giveaways. But he had twenty one or he has twenty one this year, I should say right about his pace this year, and the biggest difference has been average depth of target and time to throw three point zero three seconds time to throw and nine and a half average depth of target compared to last year, where it was a two point seven to three so more than a quarter second longer, and eight point six a dot so about a yard less as well. It's just been a different offense this year. Now, you know, we do not give a damn about numbers on here without context from the film and what I see as a passing game that because of the aforementioned loss of so many key players, the initial reads have been haven't been as obvious for him and there's been a great necessity for creating.
Speaker 2: And I think Brock is a very good quarterback.
Speaker 1: I would put him in the top like fourteen of league, but I think he has pressed a lot and puts some questionable balls in play, particularly when he gets off schedule and tries to create, which is a symptom to me of that early down run game not being there and trying to keep drives alive in those situations. There is a number that I think points to their offense struggling more than in years past, and it's pretty success rate as a passer. Fifty point three as a rookie was really good. Fifty four point seven last year was I think it was second in the NFL, and then now it's at forty seven point eight, which is like middle of the pack in the league. So the other part this is a physical forty nine ers football team. Deebo Samuel is not having his usual year. He has fallen off bad. George Kittle looks healthy to me after a missed portion of time and working his way back from that mid season injury. And Juwan Jennings is a big dude who will kick your butt on the edge in the blocking game. If you do not attack him and go get him. So all of those guys are going to force you to tackle, and the numbers support that. Juwan Jennings eighth in the NFL among receivers enforced missed tackles, Deebo Samuel's tenth, and George Kittle is tied for eighth among tight ends even though he missed a chunk of games. Then the punch the pocket concept is a team philosophy. Shots on goal, as we've calls it. Cater had to teach tape rep on that first drive of the game. The Nyers have twenty one fumbles this year. That's tied for fifth most in the league. Punch the football and let's try to steal a takeaway and then catch your interception opportunities.
Speaker 2: That's basic.
Speaker 1: And finally number three, zack them up chop them down. You like that wordplay. This combination of pass rushers has been an absolute treat to watch, and man, when we get Jalen Phillips back in the fold with Chop and Zach, the way their skills compliment one another is just going to be a problem for offensive lines to contend with. And by the way, if you get at me on X, replying with if he's even healthy to play, Like, dude, he got friendly fired chopped down at his knees this year by his own teammate, Like that would tear anybody's acl So let's just chill. And I say that because Zach and Chop alone have been a problem. Look, this off line in terms of individual pass blocking matchups hasn't been good. In fact, I would venturely say they haven't been good in general. But mckivitz is not going to be able to handle Chopp, who's already one of the best pass rushers in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Think about that for a second.
Speaker 1: There's a pretty big size mismatch inside, as they'll have to try to block Zach and kalais with a two hundred and ninety five pound center and a three hundred and five pound guard. And that's why Key one is so imperative. If you can generate long down in distances, that creates less diskies and creativity for how they get to those plays. Are those pass plays outside of true drop back scenarios, And I think you can kind of tee off on these guys. I think he could look a lot like it did last week. If you get those early down run stops. And then you talk about the way Jordan Brooks is playing, the way Ramsey can challenge the edges a blitzer, the way Javon has inserted himself with those quasi weak side linebacker roles, like all those guys can come down and play a part against that Niers run game, in the pass rush game. And then I think Kendall Fuller and cater Coe, who have decent matchups against this banged up group of eligibles that I don't think threatened you beyond the top two guys or so, I think we could have a pretty similar offensive performance, or rather defensive performance that we had last week. One last additional part on the offense. It didn't mention yet Kyle Yuschek just one of the best fullbacks to ever do it. He deserves to get his name mentioned in here. Let's pivot now to the Niners defense and the Dolphins offense, and once again remember what happened last week, Well, copy and paste it now. It's not the exact same as Demico Ryan's defense, because no two coaches ever do things the exact same way. But you might recall the Niners have been very vocal about their desire to stick with that same scheme since they lost to Miko. They were out of the Vic Fangio sweepstakes because of that, because they wanted Steve Wilkes to run the same system, and they fired him last year after they went to the Super Bowl. But a lot of ability to get home with four, the occasional blitz here and there, it's almost always a fire zone. When they do blitz, it's like send five and then play some variation of three in the hook, three on the deep shell. That's what a fire zone basically is constructed of. Now, it's an interesting dichotomy. They rank third in total defense, but they are twenty second in pressure rate. They blitz at the second lowest rate in the NFL, seventeen percent. And this is where it's really hard to believe given the number three defense. They're twenty fifth in third down defense, which tracks with their pressure rate.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I think there was a big fall off without Bosa, but it was just three games, so I wouldn't imagine that was the only reason the pressure rate's been low. How do you attack it? You simply have to win against their four man pressures. The way they play soft and off you cannot let them move your quarterback within two seconds on those four man rush looks. You got to try to find a way to run the football, and I imagine the screen game will be heavily featured to try to get Warner and Greenlaw moving, especially the latter as they try to test out his conditioning slash returning from the achilles injury that kept him out of the lineup until literally last week, and then he plays one half and has to miss the second half because of knee soreness. I think it's worth monitoring that situation, but I think you really need to stretch them laterally to expose lanes in the middle, especially in the passing game. This also includes corners and flag routes. I thought where Houston really beat us was their corner's ability to get back downhill in those cover three drops. It almost made it like they had thirteen players on the field on defense. I'm sure they'll see that that We'll see that inverted two look. We talked about it earlier. Cornerbacks take the deep show the safeties come down and played the hook or play man coverage or play cloud coverage that the Texans ran, and try to replicate that and quite frankly, if you do try and run that, the Texans were able to do it because I think Derek Stingley is the best cornerback in the league because he has four to three speed, He has some of the best change of direction and recognition skills in maybe the entire game. And Traverius Ward is a very good player, but he's not that good, and he's also a four to four to five guy. Same is true for Diamador Lenor in the slot, and then rookie Ronaldo Green's a four to five guy, but so was Kamari Lassier last week and he balled out in that game. And then I think Kaln Bullock, the Texans safety, plays a similar style to Telenoah Hufanga. The Niners say, so, there's lots of similarities there. Nobody plays more zone coverage to the Niners. It's just a smidge under eighty percent. The Big Three versus Niners defense Number one Tua bounce back game against zone coverage and throwing deep against their inverted two looks. I would be completely shocked if Tua has another tough time seeing the field this week like he did last week, simply due to the law of averages. He's too good to have two consecutive games like that, especially against a defense that isn't that dissimilar to the one that he just saw.
Speaker 2: Now, the ranks are the ranks, but man, when I watch.
Speaker 1: This defense, I saw all kinds of communication issues and coverage bust like against the Rams and a critical third down situation. They're in man coverage, but Hufonga gets confused and bumps like he's in zone coverage, and it gives free access to a glance to Puka Nakua, their best player, to move the chains and pretty much sink their season. They play primarily Cover three, with quarters Cover four being their second most called look.
Speaker 2: But we saw the Texans.
Speaker 1: Present Cover three and run that inverted two too off of that, And I get that with Hunter and Anderson against a team without either starting tackle and their third right tackle or really fourth right tackle if you count key On Smith from training camp, then it makes sense that you can't have the patience to attack vertically against that pass rush. And since we were on the road, they were able to anticipate the snap count with a little tap on the center. You know how that the guard will tap the center and the head pops up and the snap goes off, so I think that they will run that, and if they do, then we might have some chances to run past them and get the deep ball going. It would be nice to see number ten show the defensive tail lights for the first time since week one, wouldn't it. And if not, and they play in those off cover three and quarters looks, then I looked for Jona Smith over the middle of the field and throws to the backs in the same spots. Because the best play Sunday were when we ran those hooked linebackers off with intermediate routes and replace them with underneath targets. I think you can get to that and then hopefully that makes them play more aggressive and flip those inverted two looks and that's when you go for your shot. Their safety Hufanga is super interesting because he gambles a lot and makes the splash play, but he can guess wrong. So Tua working against him in a matchup is a big key. You have to have elite eyes from Tua in this game, elite anticipation and play on time and aggressively, and I trust him to do that.
Speaker 2: Number two.
Speaker 1: Let's go ahead and take a break and then come back for number two and three as well if the predictions range of outcomes.
Speaker 2: What's at stake All of that and more.
Speaker 1: Next Drivetime Podcast your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Autodation. Key number one was Tua having a bounce back day. Key number two against the Niners defense is to run game. What to get the run game going, to get your screens, get your chips, get your slides, and find to solve for Nick Bosa and Leonard Floyd. These guys are game wreckers, and honestly, I thought we mitigated Hunter and Anderson well for a little while last week, but that three and out middle of the fourth quarter, they just teed off in obvious passing situations when we started to dry with the false start and then had to drive the entire field. The defense kept us in the game, which allowed us to stay true to our game plan. You can't get away from that here because the Niners will just wreck you the way the Texans did on that drive. You can't let them tee up one on one situations all night long. Hopefully we get to run Armstead and Kendall Lamb back, and I'd be curious to see who plays right tackle between Kendall Lamb and Patrick Paul. I tend't think it'll be the veteran, but I digress especially T said, who you can really trust against anyone, and then slide isolation for him and slide the line away from him. Now, if Jackson Carmen plays, it's a white flag. You have to have a different lineup. If you're down both t said and Lamb again, you have to find a way to get Isaiah winning the game. Like you can't do that again non negotiable. I like the screen game and moderation because after a while they start keying on it. You can't run fifteen screens in the game. It's not gonna work. But we have to be really convicted in our playfakes on carrying out our decoy routes. Take the right release, run your route full to full speed, run the right route on our false keys. Everything we do, we just have to be connected and committed. Any step we can steal from those rushers, from Warner, from Greenlaw, we must be able to do that. It's a big game for the tight ends to get the edge sealed to help in pass protection and hopefully get the ball on the perimeter. Julian Hill I think plays a big role in this one. Alec as well John U. Smith when it comes to giving them a curveball to some of his roles as a wide tight end in the pass game and protection in the running game as well. And then of course the availability of Jilen Waddle. Losing him was really tough last week. He's been our go to guy on third downs and been so consistent about beating leverage and getting open in situations where they are specifically trying to take away certain routes from him, and he can still win those routes and get open. I think his ability to pace his routes on crossers and throws in the middle of the field can help exploit overplay if you're able to have success what I talked about with Johnny and Hm their passing game doing that. He's also Waddle a critical part of our screen game, and I think we missed him there too. In general, I mean, you part company with a receiver midweek, you lose arguably your best player at the position this season in game, and lose another one to an injury in grant to Bosa, I mean you're down to three at that point right, So hopefully we get these guys active, because even with them, we have to give extra attention to both Floyd and Bosa and shoot, if it is Pat Paul, I think you might trust him against Floyd, so you can help on Bosa on Tua's blind side. Inside, Malik Collins is a dynamic pass rusher. I wouldn't mind getting him running out wide to any situation where he gets Leah Mikeenberg one on one in a true dropback situation is a win for the Niners. Don't let that happen and Rob Jones to a slightly lesser degree as well. We definitely have to be more connected and communicate better on the inside than what we did last week. There were just a few too many three man rushes that were able to create one on one situations and beat those situations. Inside number three make their risk reward safeties pay the price. Hufunga and Jai Yr Brown are risk takers. Dare I say it not having great years. Sometimes it's awesome for them, sometimes it bites them. I've covered Whufonga didn't mention jay Yr Brown. He's in from Leak Mustafa. He's got some good range on the back end but has really struggled with miss tackles this year. Hopefully we can get a couple of runs or slants or glances where it puts our ballcarriers in one on one spots against him. I think if you can get eight chan matched up on him in the passing game, the way you can throw some of those vertical routes to him, or even a hitch where he has to, you know, come downhill and tackle a Chan or even a crosser. That creates that, you know, one on one matchup against the safety over the middle of the field. That is a matchup that favors us a lot. Now he can also lay the wood. He's a lot like Ufanga in terms of the way they will gamble to create big plays in either direction. You just have to have more of those on your side than you give them. The Niners are middle of the pack and miss tackles, but of the eighty four that Pro Football Reference has attributed to them, twenty of those are those two safeties, and if you factor in Diamador Lenor who plays slot in some safety. In terms of big nickel when they put the roof on the defense, there's thirty two of their eight miss tackles are those three players. So get our guys one on one chances with the safeties and maybe you can spring one like Waddle on Christmas Day back in twenty twenty to I just want to add this additionally as our part B three. Be on your details on any given play a great way to avoid some of the mishaps from last week. Be fully on detail this week in practice, be at walkthrough, be intentional. We can't talk about the wrong routes or forcing throws into the spots against this defense because they will do just what the Texans did and take away, take that away and then return it the other way from you. Warner and green Law are just ridiculously talented players in that way. Warner the best hook dropper and all of football for my money, and then Hufonga flying around trying to make big plays.
Speaker 2: Being at home is a big help for that.
Speaker 1: Also, stay out a bad down in distances, you know, false starts, delay of games, illegal shifts, emotions. We are number two in pre snap offensive penalties in terms of having the most. Let's stop doing that negative runs on first down. We need to find a way to stay out of all those situations, even run some muddle huddle where two it can get to the line scrimmage and make his assessments early in the clock and get through his checklist with time on the play clock.
Speaker 2: You just have to be buttoned up.
Speaker 1: Obviously, a clean game against Houston, no turnovers, would have won you that game. I think the same thing applies here. Play a clean game and you can win. What's at stake in this one? Well, at this point, like jobs right, I think I don't know. But if you go to six and nine and the season ends, like I don't think people are gonna be too happy with that, We're gonna find out who wants to be here in terms of the effort. But also I don't know, maybe come kickoff, you get back into the mix because maybe the Chargers lose and the Colts lose, and then you're playing the Browns game with a potential you know, Patriots upset over the Chargers, away from controlling your own destiny. Like it's not that crazy. But when the game, we'll find out range of outcomes. I say, win the game, but guys, you know what, hmmm, I don't think it's gonna be pretty On Sunday, remember all the things that I have a Jets game and how I thought they might be on vacation mode. I'm not saying this will be the Dolphins, but it's in the back of my mind. And then the matchups, the way they can condense the middle of the field, the uncertain nature of Jalen Waddle are invisible run game. Even if Kendall can go, I don't think Nick Bose is a good matchup for him at right tackle. The way they have too much speed for our screen game to work. I think this has blowout potential written all over it. The coaching matchup, teacher versus pupil, I mean against these really good coaching staffs. We've kind of gotten out coached over the years. In fact, I'm not I don't even think. I think like a twenty one to twenty win if you don't turn the ball over, could happen. But I tend to think like thirty one fifteen feels right. Niners win. Season's over. We're all sad again.
Speaker 2: Maybe we're not. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Keys to victory number one expand the field offensively. You have to attack outside and don't let them play five guys between the numbers in the intermediate and deep portion of the field like they did last week. Number two shut down their perimeter run game, cut the head of the zombie off right away the way Kyle Broflowski did to Kenny McCormick. There, and number three bring elite tackling technique. You cannot let George Kittle, Juwan Jennings and Deebo Samuel get rumbling through your secondary That's it you all. Please be sure to subscribe to the podcast, leave us a ring and leave us a review. Follow me on social at Wingfield NFL. The team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the Fish Tank with Seth and Juice. The Damian McIntosh episode was Chef's Kiss.
Speaker 2: Loved it.
Speaker 1: Check out the YouTube channel for Dolphins, HQ, Media Availabilities and so much more, and last but not least, Miami Dolphins dot com. Until next time, Finns up, Caroline, Cameron, Daddy, He's coming over.