Speaker 1: Are you leaving?
Speaker 2: I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 3: Either way, we want to be there.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter how.
Speaker 2: Much baggage you claim.
Speaker 4: Give us time and a Turmanol and gay. We want to send you off in style. Do you wanna welcome you back home?
Speaker 2: Tell us all about it? We scared her?
Speaker 1: Was it fine?
Speaker 3: Now? Porn?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride? Do you need ride?
Speaker 1: With Karen and Chris h welcome to Do you need a ride? My name is Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 2: My name is Karen Colgara.
Speaker 1: We are at Lax, our favorite place in all the world, number one airport of all time, where planes land and happiness is manufactured. It's gonna be a bunch of traffic. People are going to be darting to and fro without regard for others.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's we started.
Speaker 1: We're gonna love it.
Speaker 5: We're gonna and we're gonna get into it. We're gonna really dig our hands deep into the fertile soil that is the horror of La X.
Speaker 1: The crop is good this year and Karen and I have green thumbs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna grow some high corn and walk through it.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll grow a green middle finger when I flip someone off.
Speaker 2: That's how you know you have gang green of the middle finger.
Speaker 1: Yeah. People really, they almost feel bad when you flip them off and you clearly have gang green.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, look look at that angry zombie.
Speaker 1: Just my finger is dead. We're picking up Jordan Morris of the very popular fun podcasts that I often frequent Jordan jesse Go.
Speaker 2: I love Jordan Morris. He's one of the greats.
Speaker 1: I love him too. He's a good friend. And we're picking up up at Southwest Airlines. Oh okay, sponsor, do you need a ride?
Speaker 2: Should I be doing something different than what I'm.
Speaker 1: Doing right now? You're doing exactly what you should be doing.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna need your guidance. I'm a little bit under the weather today. I am too emotionally, are you emotionally?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, we all get down. It's Sunday. It's kind of gloomy. I slept most of the day.
Speaker 5: It's very gray sky out right now. It's it makes me want to write poems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I should be inspired to rhyme.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's let's do some I was gonna say freebase rapping.
Speaker 2: That's not right.
Speaker 1: Let's take our wraps and melt them in a spoon.
Speaker 2: And inhale the fumes and do it real.
Speaker 1: Soon I feel, oh wow, you did one. So if a lady passes by and here's a chill swoon, okay. I like to rap like a dad. When you go like this and your rhyme some words. You do it like this and there's a bird. That's how dads rap, and it's my favorite.
Speaker 2: It's pretty great. That's their rhythm. It's from the forties.
Speaker 1: This is how they do it in the bad neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: It almost sounds like tap dancing.
Speaker 1: That's the only way dads can relate to hip hop, well, older dads is through the art of tap. Yes, I'm not seeing where Southwest was his herever it has been. I never saw a sign.
Speaker 5: And oh, you know what we're coming up on Delta? Isn't Southwest one after Delta, because that's where I landed last week.
Speaker 1: Ah, I believe we're onto something, almost Chris.
Speaker 5: Last week, I've talked so fast and loud that I thought I was on drugs.
Speaker 2: When I listened to the episode. It was crazy fast and loud.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm kind of like, well, I think I'd spent a bunch of time alone.
Speaker 2: So then I was all, I had a lot to say to you.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's great, and I think that's what people want to hear. Can you imagine if we did the opposite on this podcast, just acted super cool, low and slow, just low and slow and not much to say. You're describing with your description of yourself what everyone wants to hear.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, all right, yeah, I'm going to think of it that way. There's always the two ways to go with it, the bad or good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my habit is bad.
Speaker 1: I think we'll want to get in there, into the shit here. It's really crowded right now. We both have a little anxiety washing over. We would want to cut in on there is it over there? I don't know, I don't know. We Uh, it's like they took down some of the signs over the week they did. I at no point saw Southwest existing as an airline. Maybe they went out of business.
Speaker 5: You know what Alaska was after Delta if I remember correctly, which I absolutely might not be.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it looks like that's all way up left here yeah, I think we have to go around again.
Speaker 1: Well you know what, you know, what, if you're gonna hate the airport, you might as well double up on your dosage. Yeah, that's what I've always.
Speaker 2: That's that old saying your parents used to say.
Speaker 1: Yes, they wrote it down on a feather quilled parchment.
Speaker 5: And put it with magnets up onto the refrigerator. Right, Yes, there was great lakes. Oh yeah, I was right about Alaska. That feels good. My brain isn't totally slipping like I thought it was.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we'll just do the loop. Jordan. I have no idea where he's been. I mean, I know in life, I know some of the places he's been, but this week I just don't know.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 5: It's it's like a mystery grab bag where it's in and you know, he could be like guys, I was at the United Nations, I got some stuff settled.
Speaker 1: What if it's I hope that's surprise we get in this box at Cracker Jacks.
Speaker 5: It would be so nice instead of that stupid whistle they always give you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now I feel under the weather from illness.
Speaker 1: But can you describe your symptoms?
Speaker 2: Uh, just congestion and throat.
Speaker 1: Now at this point, it's very comedic, but I'm sliding towards the side of the car. I went to suggest, oh no, don't give me your germs in my favorite joke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's actually a great one makes other people feel great. I don't think well, I just think it's it's very mild. But I don't get sick. It's weird. So this I feel weird. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I don't like it either. No one likes it's inconvenient.
Speaker 5: There's those people that really love getting sick, and they love to talk about it, and they love to like live in it.
Speaker 1: And I'm not one of the Honestly, there really is those people that just want to talk.
Speaker 5: They're always sick, Like I know, I have so many friends there. They are never not sick with something.
Speaker 1: I used to be that guy and then I got my tonsils.
Speaker 2: Out and that that did it for you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Southwest is the first one.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Okay, so I have to get all.
Speaker 1: The way over here. Yeah, God's nightmare. That's fascinating. There is uh five thick lanes of red lights.
Speaker 5: Let's see if this kind bald gentleman will let me get over here you.
Speaker 1: Will if he ever wants his hairback.
Speaker 2: It's not how you do it good yea, yeah.
Speaker 1: Let we'll just toss him a wig once he lets us in and it'll land right on his radio antenna. Thank you, sir, Thank you. We were making fun of you.
Speaker 2: I like bald men, do you I do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I have nothing against him.
Speaker 2: I mean I think it's kind of tough looking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it depends on how your skull is shaped. A lot of guys have that pointy situation, and boy, you know who you are out.
Speaker 2: There, just think come to a direct point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just up top, just like that Dan Aykroyd movie. Oh yeah, or SNL sketch.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna get real aggressive with it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna drive like every LA drive drive.
Speaker 1: But we're doing it. I did it, you're doing it.
Speaker 2: I really really did it.
Speaker 1: And hopefully Jordan isn't tucked back.
Speaker 2: For Jordan, how long has he's been standing on?
Speaker 1: His flight? Landed a half hour early, which is kind of unheard of.
Speaker 2: Hopefully he kind of mills.
Speaker 1: I see him, I see his hair. He's straight ahead, straight ahead, and you're gonna, I guess, yell at him. Yeah, that's the best way to plan. Oh, we can cut in front of this drive turkey as Hi, Jordan's look at us, Look at you guys travel shorts on.
Speaker 2: Hello, sir, Look how dirty my back seat is?
Speaker 1: Oh he won't know it's Oh, well we did. We forgot to lay down our guest blanket. Yeah, that's okay. Jordan's a man with cats. Hi, how are you we We usually lay down a guest blanket. But I told Karen you're a man with cats, and you don't mind. I can animal we started, we're doing this in it.
Speaker 3: You guys probably started before I got here, So.
Speaker 1: We started exactly eight minutes ago. Which, well, once we get to your plate, we're very strategic. By the time we get to your house and drop you off, it will be a full length one hour exactly an hour exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can. I mean, I'm not not that I'm questioning your guys as planning, which is probably impeccable, I would guess. But if we need to do a couple of laps around the block or just run some errands to.
Speaker 2: Pad it out, do you have stuff you have to do, Jordan?
Speaker 1: Do you really just want to drive by a girl's house.
Speaker 2: Oh you're in the window.
Speaker 3: It not like showering, just like you know, just having.
Speaker 2: Opinions, having opinions in the window.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't. I mean I am a peeping tom. But it's not like I don't go in for like the nudity or the showering. I just want to watch them be strong and independent women in their bushes.
Speaker 1: Want to you're staring from this geranium.
Speaker 5: What what do you have to say about it? In this in your silhohuette?
Speaker 3: So yes to answer your question, I don't mind that there is pet hair in the back. Is this pet hair?
Speaker 1: It is? It is hair from a pet?
Speaker 3: Who don't mind? Sorry, happy to have it on my bottom.
Speaker 1: I feel like was almost sarcastic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that guy just got to town and he thinks he's in charge and he's going to learn a terrible lesson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think you're the big man on campus. You're really just an old man visiting confusing city.
Speaker 3: Thanks for coming to pick me up in a straight up ship show. That's like lax. Sunday night is.
Speaker 1: On Sunday is the worst? Jordan? Where were you?
Speaker 3: I was at a wedding in Baltimore.
Speaker 1: The orioles the.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, the charm State, I think, Oh is it for real? I think so?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the charm state.
Speaker 3: Maryland is the charm state.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, never mind. Baltimore is charm city. There you go.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that almost that's I like that. Yeah that sounds hip and modern.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was fun charm city to make a lot of cereal jokes, which was a hoot, so funny, which always go over really well. Yeah, so it was delight. It was a Jewish wedding. I had never been to one before. Havin Neiguila got me pretty pumped.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's a good song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never been to a place where or an event where it is sang or chanted.
Speaker 2: And did you do the dance? Did you do all of it?
Speaker 3: I did not know the dance. I kind of stood near the dancing and kind of moved in rhythm. So yeah, I mean I was kind of part of the I felt like I was part of the organism, but I didn't know that the steps were you.
Speaker 1: And maybe this is incense, I'm sure it is. But is there a bottle that gets broken? Does someone stomp on?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That happened in the ceremony, how happens at the reception? Okay, and it was great. I mean I kind of thought it would be like fun and charming, but it got me straight up pumped really like a jock jam. Yes exactly.
Speaker 1: It was that we both have drop jams on the tip of our time.
Speaker 3: You know, I know, when when we've got a you know, a big interview or a hot date.
Speaker 1: We just crank up, y'all ready for that?
Speaker 3: Ye rock and roll rock and Roll Part two, Part three, The Pedophile So yeah, yeah, rock and Roll Part two parentheses Pedophile Space.
Speaker 1: Hey, well, did you have a role in the wedding.
Speaker 3: Or I did not know? Uh just spectator? Yes, well Wisher it was it was pretty big. Yeah it was. Yeah, it was very big, very Jewish. The kind of adventure that I went on is that the airline lost my luggage.
Speaker 1: So your luggage as of now?
Speaker 3: Uh no, I I they as I was getting back to my Airbnb like drunk off open bar wedding booze, my bag was waiting for me.
Speaker 1: Oh good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I had to like buy a whole new.
Speaker 1: And you opened it up and vomited and.
Speaker 3: I'll show them, just showed.
Speaker 2: Myself showed myself again.
Speaker 3: Are you guys when something goes wrong like that? Are you guys, like, do you let the company have it? On Twitter? Do you call and try and get something for free?
Speaker 1: I does not give an f when sorry to we almost got sight shuttle happened, Yes, major, yeah again any any you know.
Speaker 5: I have to say I've never done anything like that on Twitter. I'm not saying that I wouldn't, but I find that. I like that it's effective. I like that there is such control like that in social media. I think that's very cool and modern. But I don't think I could do it. It feels like sending food back like it's.
Speaker 3: Just not I'm always bad at that too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's embarrassing to me, Like I was raised where you just kind of eat food you don't like and you say thanks, I loved it, and you leave.
Speaker 1: Should never go back. I did see the results though, when we were going to a festival comedy the comedy kind oh on the boat. Oh yeah, the comedy on the boat, Jesse, that's not what I've called boat party? Yeah, boat party USA. Yeah. Everyone. All of our flights were delayed, and I tweeted a sort of half joke complaining about it, and then someone that runs the Twitter for whatever airline it was, said, oh no, what can I do to help you? What is your flight number? And through Twitter d MS, I got a new flight. Oh wow, and I arrived before everyone else.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's amazing because.
Speaker 1: They saw how many pells I had and even though it's not that impressive, Yeah, we'll go in.
Speaker 5: Or sorry, you can go straight. Yeah yeah, shuttle. You don't get to know in and honk at me.
Speaker 3: So I guess what I was. The way in which I was the most inconvenienced was that I had to go to a wedding. The only clothes I had were the ones I was wearing, so that I looked like a wet dealing.
Speaker 2: Pizza guy at the wedding some way.
Speaker 3: I mean, I went out and bought like I went to just went to J Crew and fucking threw down and bought a whole new deal.
Speaker 2: Did you get a brand new corduroy coat?
Speaker 3: I got? I gotta. I got a wool wool blazer.
Speaker 1: Well that's great because maybe you actually needed those things and this was the fire that was led under your ast to it with some new pants.
Speaker 3: Sure, I mean yeah, I mean, I like the clothes, you know, I will I will get some wear out of them. But some people are saying that I should demand the Southwest pay for it. Is that is that insane? No?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm I'm the kind of person because it's in person and I'm a coward that also doesn't return food. But through a series of emails, I would try my damndest to get those pants paid for it.
Speaker 3: To try, you say, through email, don't like go on their Twitter and hashtag them? Right? No?
Speaker 1: Maybe losers? Yeah, go a little old school with a nicely worded email with no passive aggressiveness.
Speaker 5: I say, saved the Twitter approach for when it's like really an emergency or when they're really screwing you over right, okay, because there's some people that just do it all the time and then you're completely against them getting help because it's just like constant whining, like how you know, like my role was hard or whatever, we were just like who gives a shit? Yeah, but like if they you know, if they lost your luggage and then you had to buy new clothes because you didn't have clothes, they should pay for that.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't be like a Twitter call out.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, I'll I think you have firm flight, but firm email seems like the way to go.
Speaker 1: The occasional use of legal speak, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And threatening about your.
Speaker 3: Change of venue.
Speaker 1: I'll say, the last thing you want is for my father to get letigious.
Speaker 3: You know, Fad Morris?
Speaker 2: You know that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that your dad's real name?
Speaker 3: That is it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've ever shown anyone with the name that.
Speaker 4: His.
Speaker 3: My mom's dad's name was Pinual Gatewood.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know, it's like they were Southern, and that's like they like an old timey southern colonel.
Speaker 6: Killed would Yeah, sure, just over breakfast over the what do you call that guy?
Speaker 3: I think they called him PG. I think they literally called him that. I know. I never met the med that before, and as a result, he probably have mint julip poisoning because that's all he drank with that name that he never swore.
Speaker 1: Because he wanted to make sure that people under thirteen could listen to him PG. That's a PG joke. That's hard for me to get to. Hard for me, and I don't know that it ever arrived.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 1: Jordan, do you have to go to work tomorrow.
Speaker 3: And you have to go to work tomorrow, Jordan night at midnight, Yes, yeah, night, actually eight am.
Speaker 1: They show they have you show up at midnight. But yeah, find bizarre that you're right through the night into the morning.
Speaker 3: The secret is cocaine, Chris, Yes, of course, mounds of cocaine.
Speaker 1: Copious, rowdy powders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's many different there's anybody. If there's anybody you cannot to supply you with a lot of cocaine, it's Chris Hardwick.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh man, that's a secret.
Speaker 1: That guy. It's such a nos loading.
Speaker 3: He will load up that shnazz.
Speaker 1: I love the.
Speaker 2: Idea of a graveyard shift comedy writing job. That would be fascinating.
Speaker 1: It's weird that we just came up with it, kind of jokingly, but I think we just changed the face of comedy.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, like we're getting there at the same time the like dunkin Donuts guys are getting there. Yeah, we turn on the comedy light.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just watched the Sunrise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mor I mean, I guess if there was a morning equivalent of a late night show, that's when I mean I get best people who write for the Today Show or whatever happen.
Speaker 1: I bet, I bet you're right at four in the morning. For me, I mean, my brain works best at night. I don't know about you guys.
Speaker 3: In the morning, I'm I'm so distracted because's when the freaks come out. All these freaks came out.
Speaker 2: And it belongs to lovers. So it's hard to constant.
Speaker 3: And I have to work on my moves.
Speaker 2: Yes, my night moves.
Speaker 3: That one was less clear.
Speaker 1: No, I belong to the night or do you belong to the city.
Speaker 2: Today's the day to choose.
Speaker 5: You've had years, you have years to think about it.
Speaker 2: I say city.
Speaker 1: Well you know what, I think the night belongs to Michelobe. I'm gonna stop. I'm just going to say we stopped.
Speaker 5: Stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I can't think of anymore. It's the only reason. The real selfish one.
Speaker 2: Jordan, I'm sorry, I'm a little bit ill.
Speaker 3: No, that's okay, thank you for coming.
Speaker 1: Uh what she means she's sorry that you will be a little bit ill.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm sorry that you're going to get everyone at midnight sick in about a week.
Speaker 3: You know. I think I think it's fine because that's really on brand for me. Oh is being kind of stuffed up.
Speaker 2: You're that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jordan and I were sick when we work together at the Fuel State of the Habit Program. Right, I was sick when Jordan wasn't. He was sick when I wasn't. Right, Yeah, we traded off.
Speaker 3: We were like, yeah, we were like a who work together, who are in close proxivity. I was trying to think of an analogy. Couldn't think of one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, we weren't going to go the route of the sorority menstrual cycle. That's insensitive and I think rumor.
Speaker 3: It is real.
Speaker 1: People think, how long has it been since you were in Phi Beta, Kapa, Gamma Cappuccino.
Speaker 5: You're in it for life. Once you pledge, you never go back.
Speaker 1: Oh, I remember that song being sung on the front lawn. My mom was in a sorority, but she never went to college. But there was the Great Letters and they got together and it was somehow tupperware related and it was her sorority sisters. So I guess you it's never too late to join a frat then, also, right, I you know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean they say that like if you join it, they help you in business things.
Speaker 1: Right for the rest of your life, Jordan, do you want to start start a frat? Or is that too much like that that shitty movie Old School?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean I think there are several there are several old men doing collegey things movies that plan could be considered hack at this point, but.
Speaker 1: Just live it, yeah, do it.
Speaker 3: I don't let you to do anything in life that I've seen as a movie premise.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I just like that much of an original and I don't like to do anything in life that is non camera. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: You guys are quite restricted, all right, Well, no Wally World for you then?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Have you guys had a lot of weddings this year?
Speaker 1: I had some pretty great ones during the summer up in the mountains. They were terrific. And I'm starting to get to the point where, because I'm a grown man, you know, you guys, and really, you know, I get teary eyed, especially when it's a friend, like I went to the wedding of a friend that.
Speaker 3: Is supposed to like a stranger's wedding, right right?
Speaker 1: Those I go to to just because I like living out shitty movie premises, And do you.
Speaker 3: Like hearing some would read first Corinthians to read it to myself, but I want.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like a friend that I used to ride bikes with in fifth grade when he's reading his vows and it gets teared up. I was at a wedding where all the dudes cried and then their their wives and girlfriends consult them. Oh yeah, it was really that's Montana Sensitive Mountain.
Speaker 3: What's happening to masculinity in this country?
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 5: That's always been masculinity and people have been trying to pretend that it's not for so long and nobody gives a shit anymore and they just want to live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I think that is. I think that is part of a traditional masculinity, is like crying at the right moment, right, like sparsely crying once or twice a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you save it up for something really good.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: How about that that part of Interstellar where he's showing that log of his Oh I don't want spoilers, Come.
Speaker 2: On, there's a log.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just a wooden log and okay of something because he started counting all the rings in it and he knew how old the log had become.
Speaker 2: Com on, No, I'm never going to enjoy.
Speaker 1: And then that's when the spaceship started shooting lasers. Okay, I think we're safe now.
Speaker 2: I went to my friend.
Speaker 5: I think it was this year. I feel like I can't remember this year, but I went to my friend's wedding. Who is the kind of girl that's wanted to be married for a really long time, like and she's the kind of girl that was like, she was one of my bride'smaids. She's just like that girl. She's just into all that kind of stuff. And she had the most beautiful, perfect wedding and it was like that, That's why I cried. She had she works on Fallon and Questlove was her DJ. So it was the It was at a castle. It was a gorgeous wedding itself, and then the reception was the most fun that anyone's ever had at a reception.
Speaker 2: It was like the greatest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something to be said for you know, everyone wants to because most people in my life or some somewhere within middle class income to like, oh, we're just gonna keep it simple. We're gonna do it on the beach and our lawn, our lawn chairs that everyone's sitting in don't get washed away at high tide. But if you're a rich person, you go castle and and quest love.
Speaker 2: But she's not rich. She got because she's like she's just into stuff like that.
Speaker 5: She did a bunch of research and got the castle like somebody else canceled everything about it was like just really lucky and awesome for her.
Speaker 3: It's like, what do you want to get Like Broadway tickets you just kind of show up beforehand.
Speaker 2: But you get a castle instead of you to take.
Speaker 3: Your whole wedding party mill around around the venue that you want.
Speaker 2: Wait, get a coffee, hold on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be funny if somehow she deviously caused the castle cancelation.
Speaker 2: She broke up the other couple that was gonna get married there.
Speaker 3: She's like, listen, honey, I have to fuck this guy to break up his marriage. Listen, listen here flying off the handle. It's part of an elaborate scheme to get married in a castle with questlove.
Speaker 2: It's what we want.
Speaker 1: Now, what's this this Jewish wedding you went to, Jorden? Was it in a what kind of a.
Speaker 3: It was at the Baltimore Museum of Industry.
Speaker 2: So I got to like, yeah, sorry.
Speaker 1: That sounds cool.
Speaker 3: We got to kind of not only appreciate, you know, young love and you know, commitment, but also the contributions Baltimore has made to textiles film. They have a little area with like movies that were filmed in Baltimore. It's basically just a poster of the Wire and then a poster for every John Waters movie.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this is a pretty rich history as far as I'm concerned. Maybe I'm I'm saying it like it's kind of silly and quaint, but it's pretty good. I guess if you're gonna have two things only.
Speaker 2: They only make hits in Baltimore, they're not gonna suck around with some.
Speaker 3: Killer no filler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 3: That's Baltimore's strategy toward letting things film.
Speaker 2: There can I just tell you a story, Jordan, of how.
Speaker 5: When I stopped doing stand up for a while, I'm one of the first things I did back in comedy after I left The Ellen Show, which was the job that kind of kept me from doing what I wanted for five years.
Speaker 2: One of the first things.
Speaker 3: I did, which I was a PA.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: I guess we've all worked together forget that with some through some sort of weird work triangle.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the best thing in the world was Jordan was a PA on Ellen.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile a on camera host on Fuel, but like no one knew, so he was just like hanging out being a PA.
Speaker 2: Super low key.
Speaker 1: Jordan's not above any work.
Speaker 2: Jordan used to bring me my coffee in the morning.
Speaker 5: And I didn't know until Pete, my ex, was like, oh yeah, that's he's actually a producer and on camera talent.
Speaker 2: And Fuel and he was a camera Yeah. Yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 1: See Jordan will do that when he is in that movie with Sandra Bullock, right when they wrapped and he finished a fence, he was painting.
Speaker 2: That's how down to earth he is. Yeah, it's the best.
Speaker 1: Not afraid to get your hands dirty.
Speaker 2: But then you guys, guys.
Speaker 3: Can you guys drop me off at I hosted out back steakhouse. My shift starts a fifteen minutes. It real awesome Blosso oh sorry you start, you would you would quit Ellen, you were maybe going back to stand up.
Speaker 5: Oh well, and then you guys had me do Jordan jesse go, which was like I think that I didn't even know what podcasts were at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we still don't really.
Speaker 2: Know what's going on.
Speaker 1: I dive into traffic, but it was just.
Speaker 5: Awesome because it was like I kind of felt like I was done or something, and so to be on there and talk to you guys and feel like I was somehow had an entree back into comedy.
Speaker 2: It was such a It was such a lovely opportunity.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, happy, happy to help. I remember being really like wanting like getting that job and wanting to ask you, but being so nervous, like Ellen. Yeah, yeah, they're like, oh god, this is like the dumbest, most unprofessional thing to ask everybody.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So Jordan, do you think we should take the next exit and kind of meander down Santa Monica Boulevard.
Speaker 3: It'd be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do that. That's one thing that I think if we stop doing it on our podcast, people would be disappointed. Occasional traffic updates yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we have to prove that we're really doing what we do.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yes, A lot of people question whether or not we're really in a car risking guests lives, and we are. We really are wed go that extra mile for.
Speaker 3: The traffic updates. You broadcast this podcast on the sevens and fifteens, right, that's why people are duning it for traffic updates.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that, Chris.
Speaker 5: You will always say a lot of people doubt it, when I actually bet no one doubts it at all.
Speaker 2: Really, well, yeah, don't you think?
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of people when it comes up in conversation, they're like, now, do you guys really record in the car?
Speaker 2: Do they really? Yeah, where are you going?
Speaker 3: No? Not really, I guess, but you have a bank of ambient noise that you play in your professional recording studio.
Speaker 1: My cocktail party, I just didn't have Michael Winslow in the back doing fully work.
Speaker 3: Oh we're in helicopter now for some reason.
Speaker 2: Helicopters and car crashes. What's going on?
Speaker 3: You know? I actually I have to have a lot of conversations like that working for at midnight because people are like, but they're just making it up, right, Like saying you're a writer on that show is like it, and people assume that everyone is just making up.
Speaker 1: Well, I've told people that after you told me that even some of the top comics that are on there either don't take the time or choose your jokes over their own, right.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean I guess kind of how it works is that we write you know, Chris's copy and some kind of extra and yeah, just for the you know, the comics to score points, have to make a joke about something, and yeah, just we always kind of just assume that maybe someone won't have time to write or won't know the show well enough, so we try and make sure they have so it's not that different bunch of jokes when they go in. Some people love to write all their own, some people to you know, mash it out with the writers. It's a matter of preference. Well so, yeah, but always yeah, but the thing I feel like I'm always having to convince people of is they're not just making it up on the spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, and everyone's always disappointed when they hear that. Yeah yeah, really, even people that should know better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, Oh sorry if I bummed anybody out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they aren't just jokes aren't flying out of their mouth. It's perfectly worded based on a video.
Speaker 5: They just people always forget that television is there to make money, and so if it's not good, people won't watch it, and therefore they won't make any money, so.
Speaker 2: They have to do everything they can to make sure it's going to be good.
Speaker 1: And you know what, sometimes isn't good a show where everyone's flying by the sea.
Speaker 3: Their oft randomly watching YouTube videos trying to come up with Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well this guy did after he got up, I got nothing. Well that's zero points for you. And boy, what a terrible episode.
Speaker 5: We Well, everyone brought what they could bring, and I guess we just have to live with our results.
Speaker 1: Thanks for watching at midnight Colon, where we try our best.
Speaker 3: Hopefully you thought the videos were funny because that was the only content.
Speaker 1: Well, that's kind of what we did on the day they have it with the panel. And then it was always surprising who would come in, Like who was that actor that was on New Adventures of Old Christine that came in with his own jokes and he's not a comic.
Speaker 3: But he's a great joke. Yeah, I remember this. This is Clark Greg Wholsen from The Avengers. Yeah, and I just had a lot of great one liners he could have written for Tosh.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: For some reason, his role in the biggest film franchise of all time.
Speaker 1: Goes away and he was excited. He's like, well, I actually have my and he pulled out this piece of paper and he was all smiling, and I'm like, y'all, you're my favorite person all of a sudden. Yeah, yeah, that guy really charmed the pants off me. I mean I we had sex.
Speaker 3: Oh god.
Speaker 1: I always come in out of nowhere with that you know, that dirty humor? Oh yeah, everyone loves it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chris, come on, you know I I I was like you for a long time. Yeah, But then I had this conversation with my mom and apparently you don't need to be dirty to be funny.
Speaker 2: Oh what do you need to be funny?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, just like observe something about everyday life, Like you know, the parking at Trader Joe's. It's pretty bad?
Speaker 2: Is it bad?
Speaker 3: It's pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Everyone can relate to it too.
Speaker 3: And I didn't even say cutting there and we all had a good laugh.
Speaker 2: Got it. I feel like the cunt was implied in you know.
Speaker 1: What if the parking at Trady Trady Josie. If the parking at Trady Josie, it's nothing, it's not county, it's I mean it's county. Oh never mind, Oh, I everything I step in turns to shit, wait does that Jordan?
Speaker 2: Is this your first staff writing job on like.
Speaker 3: A yeah, yeah, this is my first like wga.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Job it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very exciting and you're loving it, loving it. It's a very fun job. Yes, a goofing around. I feel like, what's the day I laughed so hard? I cry? Oh that's good, just like hanging around. So it's yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: It's a good group of people and blanket patches there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's He's usually the reason I'm laughing so hard that I come to tears. He's a very funny man.
Speaker 5: He's a brilliant a brilliant, brilliant comedian. I've known him since I first started stand up in San Francisco. And one night we were at a party and we may or may not have been stoned out of our minds, and we were sitting in this room. Everybody was kind of standing around us, and Blaine and I were sitting next to each other on a bed, and he tapped my hand and then I turned to him and he held out his hand and he had folded two.
Speaker 2: Staples so that they were interlocking squares.
Speaker 5: And he goes, look, I may do some hydrogen and I almost lost my mind. It was like it was so funny, but it was so brilliant and it was so like personalized.
Speaker 2: And I was baked. So I was just like, what just happened? Like I've had a nervous breakdown of loving Blaine.
Speaker 3: I know. Yeah, it is. It's such a like it is such a sense of humor that makes you want to like hug him more, go to Yosemite.
Speaker 2: Or something like that, just climb half done together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. There are like those people who make you laugh and you want to like high five of them or so. I don't know. It is a very like you're like, ah, get over here, you.
Speaker 1: Get over you.
Speaker 5: You well, because you know, people can be very people can use comedy to be kind of uh snobs really or me or beat you know, it's like a contest.
Speaker 2: It's so much better. It's it's so much.
Speaker 5: I respect people so much more that do it to like bring everybody together.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's Christmas time.
Speaker 5: I guess I'm getting a little Is it too much for you?
Speaker 3: No, I'm glad that we're going here.
Speaker 2: Let's go here.
Speaker 3: Oh here, let's get wraw. I think to talk about real uncensored. It's podcasts are for wrang.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it. Who's done their Christmas shopping?
Speaker 2: I said that fine, I said.
Speaker 5: I just saw a thing today that said last minute shopping, and I was like, oh, ship, we're at last minute already.
Speaker 3: I haven't bought it. I haven't bought a dam thing.
Speaker 1: Tell me where do they have? First minute shopping is essentially the place I need to go there.
Speaker 2: I feel like that was the comedy that pushes people away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it is. That was an example that you were just doing examples. I'm just showing examples. Earlier, I was showing examples of jokes that don't make sense. I could like to cover all the bases of comedy.
Speaker 2: Comedy.
Speaker 1: I yeah, I wait till I'm home to do my shopping. The end, and that was Christmas.
Speaker 3: Oh, you'll probably go into Montana. Yeah, I can't believe I will be, And I know I have to Northern California.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean Pedaluma. God, I love the name of your hometown.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I think it's precious.
Speaker 3: It's a meta Christmas.
Speaker 1: I mean, if a linguist was here, I think the word pedaluma is up there with elbow far as beauty. Yes, of the English language, elbow is of course the most beautiful word and a decent britpop band.
Speaker 3: And on some people, and.
Speaker 1: Yes, which is fascinating, and on a select few it's the part that makes your armband.
Speaker 3: Speaking of, I'm noticing a store over here that I've never seen before. It's called blow and Go, Blow and go La. It's probably a vape store. No, I think.
Speaker 1: It's for people that don't have time for relationships, want to get It's.
Speaker 3: Just a glory whole with a really nice sign.
Speaker 5: Yes this is They used to call them jack shacks. I think people decided that that was not very cleo. I got that from Greg Fitzimmons. That's where you get blowouts, lady, the ladies get their blows Okay, I do I have to be there all of.
Speaker 1: Our guess that's where wrong. I wish it was just a vape vapor coming out of a glory hole.
Speaker 2: You get high. Second here you dick.
Speaker 1: In in or your mouth on it. Either way thirty nine you're dicking a USB board.
Speaker 2: Blow and go, ladies and gentlemen. That would actually be a great sponsor for this podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've been looking her sponsor board. Yeah. We just figure if we mentioned people, they'll eventually be listening. And that's how it works, right Jordan's yeah.
Speaker 3: No, that's it. You want to do some you know you're gonna want to do some for free? Just mentions, Yes, yes, positive mentions.
Speaker 1: See who we are. It's like wearing Nikes on TV and then and then cawing Nike and saying, hey, I've been wearing your shoes. What do you think of that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What do I get?
Speaker 1: But instead I just mentioned Nikes.
Speaker 3: Guys, is there a service you're using to send massive amounts of email? Just setting you guys up to it's always sweet male Chimp dollars?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah they Male Chimp doesn't need anything anymore with their not only with their serial association, but then with the mispronunciation that everyone loves to make the same joke about over and.
Speaker 3: That's the weirdest. That's the weirdest thing, Memed.
Speaker 5: It's it's the I don't actually know it because I only listened to half of one episode of Cereal and I was like, eh, but apparently do you know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could maybe explain it so the cereal it's this like true crime podcast. It's just spin off of this American life. Everybody's listening to it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, talking about it for me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you are on a first date or over or are sitting next to people who are on a first date, what your cereal theory will come up? And Uh, they run this ad for male Chimp where it's just I guess they got people on the street to read the copy and one person when there's this woman who to clear the English second language and she says Malekimp instead of male Chimp. Uh huh uh and that's it. And that's and then everyone has a male Kimp joke. Now I feel like, oh wow, the first one I saw was someone just tweeted male Kimp. Did it?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's it's that tweet.
Speaker 5: Sure, in all of various ways where that's I kind of love living through Twitter that way where I don't ever participate in anything.
Speaker 2: Sure, I don't watch things.
Speaker 5: I just watch the repetitive jokes that come through the Twitter feed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's how I keep in touch with what's going on.
Speaker 1: Don't you ever do some hashtag at midnight stuff? I don't I do sometimes if it if it speaks to me, if it's mess up a porn with a horror movie or something I like fitting things together.
Speaker 3: I try and when I when I again. Something I have to deal with with the job is explaining to people that it's not absolutely at lived one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And like just watching someone's face when I say that I work for the show, and I can feel like I can tell pretty quick when I need to apologize for it making Twitter a little annoyed. People start to grimace a little in the ah, Yeah, we know. I mean the hashtag warts it's it. You know a lot of people love it, but it's it's you know, it takes over and you know.
Speaker 2: It's so brilliant because that's the first show.
Speaker 5: Like I've worked on a lot of shows that have wanted to figure out how to use Twitter, and they'll talk about it. They'll tell you like, we need to figure out how to how to use Twitter for our show, and it's like who knows how to do that? And that show immediately did it perfectly with the exact way that people That's the reason people are on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to write good jokes to have other people think they're good. Sure, totally, it's really brilliant. I just don't do it because I don't. I don't know. I think i'm kind.
Speaker 3: Of you have a hard time creating portmanteaus.
Speaker 2: Quickly, Yes, but that's not a night.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess the tough part of it is that, you know, the obvious ones are pretty easy to think of, and you know, you're probably the tenth person doing dork side of the mood or whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I like seeing what other people come up with, and I think it's very cool how many people that aren't you know, don't live in Los Angeles or New York can participate and be good.
Speaker 2: You know, it's totally just there's so many funny.
Speaker 1: People out there that totally Chris Hardwicks, because he's very smart about these things. Do you think that was like his mission statement? He knew that would happen with.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's a great question. Who's whose design that was? But yeah, you the people who put together the show are all pretty pretty Internet savvy, and I think that you know, we're you know, weren't just like Johnny Com lately the kids like to tweet. We got to put a yeah, but hashtag joke show, so they all know to watch, you know, like it. I think every yeah, everybody was was pretty savvy about it, and I think, yeah, I do think the ways they use that stuff are fun and not annoying and yeah, and then feeds into the way that people actually use the thing anyways.
Speaker 2: So it's smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not like you know, Bronny going like what's your hashtag paper towel moment.
Speaker 2: It's like that exactly.
Speaker 5: It's always so shoved in there and in other ways where it's just or or if you tape ahead of time, because that's the other huge advantage is it's live for you know whatever like to take. But most of the time people want you to do things that can't be done unless you are like a live show, right because it's like, well, we can you know, do put a call out on Twitter, but then we have to like it's going to be the two days later when we actually put this on the air. It's all that kind of stuff that you know, it's hard to get around and figure out.
Speaker 2: And your show did.
Speaker 3: It, You did it, you guys, Yay, Yay.
Speaker 2: People like it.
Speaker 1: I got an email today I was striving home late one night from a party show a show and then a party, and I rounded that corner at the interchange of the one ten one on one coming south on the one on one, and an entire building was on fire. Oh yeah, and it was so and they somehow the freeway was closed. I was the only person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was like a famous fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I saw lots of lots of the video I got was just me driving and panning across the whole thing. And clearly it looks like it was systematically, like someone ran every ten feet and lit a fuse. Like I I drove by it, like, oh wow, and arson has occurred, Yes, because it was an entire building.
Speaker 3: It would be like a like kind of swinky loft apartment. Yes.
Speaker 1: And I don't know it's somehow the builder. It's controversial in some way already.
Speaker 5: I just read an article about it where they said part of the controversy is that they're trying to stick in really fancy apartment buildings and like put in sky walks so that nobody has to go down where homeless people are.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't like the good A walkway that can go right into the gastro pub. Yeah, you can get your fifteen dollars truffle Burger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a show, mister shojoke. We're going to build a glasshouse so you can look down on all the poor people and see what we've whatever.
Speaker 3: It will be glass, it'll be like an iPad.
Speaker 2: It'll definitely be interact media. Yeah, yes, your condescension can be interacted.
Speaker 1: My video was very It's horrifying though. I'll show you guys the video in it.
Speaker 2: I showed people at work. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: And so some guy that is like a media go to like someone that probably you know, if someone's like a web researcher for a show, they go to that someone like it's called Junkin.
Speaker 3: Ju Jucin media. Yeah, that's a probably run into on and midnight a lot is like if there's a video we want to use and it's popular, it'll be owned by Jukin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we went. Yeah, I don't know when I start getting money, but I guess the whole point of my story, you guys, is I'm about to be rich.
Speaker 2: Oh well, because you know, they they did decide that that was arson.
Speaker 5: Oh really, it just got Yeah, because because buildings don't catch on fire all at once.
Speaker 1: Right, That's what I was. Yeah, that's crazy. See I figured that out earlier as I drove by it, and that was the comment that I was like, do you have anything to say about this video? As I signed my little agreement, and I said, it clearly looked like it was lay at every ten feet, so I knew.
Speaker 3: I see, Do you think you maybe have a have a future career in filming and then figuring out what happened with fire forensics?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think like de Niro and Backdrop, I always felt.
Speaker 1: Like a little bit like I can really relate to shows like n CIS, but I don't know what it's called, but when I watch it, I really do relate to the job that they do on that. So I feel like, I guess I'm retiring from stand up comedy on this podcast. Wait, I'm going to join the force.
Speaker 2: How does this affect my podcast?
Speaker 1: Not at all. We'll still show up and do it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Greedy, did you see Nightcrawler?
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 2: Oh you should see it. It's kind of what that did you see?
Speaker 3: Dan? I haven't seen it. No, I got the screener at home.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: I really liked it.
Speaker 1: I thought that was about fishing. I thought it was about fishing with.
Speaker 3: Your fishing with one of the X men.
Speaker 1: I've not seen that. I have not seen Whiplash. I've not seen all those guys.
Speaker 3: I quite liked Whiplash.
Speaker 2: I did too. Yeah, I like that kid.
Speaker 3: How much drumming do you think that kid was doing in real life? Yeah?
Speaker 2: He really drums.
Speaker 1: I think he's really a drummer boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't think he's that as good as his character is good, right, but I think he really does drums well.
Speaker 1: Actually, for the movie, just for the purposes of sound, they had him marching to the beat of a different drummer.
Speaker 3: We just did you guys see the shirtless muscular Santa. We just passed. Oh, we're driving through West Hollywood. Not only was there a new bar which I had not scene, which could probably be a good companion bar to blow and go it's just called pump no really, and standing outside taking pictures of everyone was shirtless muscle Santa. He was great, was hot, he was really hot. He looks super hot, shaved, he was shaved. Friendly. This guy, I'm writing his grinder right now. Do you guys want to go back and get pictures with it? I bet Santa is Sanna's totally Fortunately, we know he.
Speaker 2: Is the chillist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's been flying over Amsterdam all these years.
Speaker 3: Just flies to a cloud of mos contact high. It's cool. I'm down.
Speaker 1: I'm down. You still get presents. It's the seventies.
Speaker 3: Stocking was filled with roach clips.
Speaker 1: With care.
Speaker 3: I do have a roach clip that I prefer, and it makes me feel bad about myself. I'm like, oh, you shouldn't have a favorite one. It's enough that you own one, but you have one that you prefer over to the other one that is great.
Speaker 2: Does it have a long piece of leather with a feather at the end that you wear as a baretta?
Speaker 3: God? I wish. Oh, now I have a new favorite one? Is that one you describe?
Speaker 2: My cousin Lisa wore that one in her hair all of my childhood.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, she was a classic sa guys.
Speaker 1: I wasn't sure what a roach clip is until you made it a hair product, And now I remember all the roach clips my sister had in her hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was very common.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Chris, your sister was a drug addict.
Speaker 1: Well, I oh that Angeline. I thought she's just like fringe.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that was Angeline where this is a Night of a Thousand Stores.
Speaker 1: Angeline is she's just a woman who owns a pink corvette.
Speaker 5: Right well, and she has the face of an anime character that is melting on the bottom.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen her?
Speaker 1: I realize when they leave anime out in the sun.
Speaker 5: Yes, if you buy an anime candles. I saw her one night at that weird little store in Laura Canyon and she was in line in front of me, and she the top part of her face looks like she's nineteen, and the bottom part is the part that you can't do anything about when you're aging, which is like the around your mouth and all that. And she's like, I think in her late sixties or early seventies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's really old.
Speaker 1: Before she's always got like a young dude in her corvette, right yeah.
Speaker 3: I think she drives around in that corvette and I think she shows t shirts out of the trunk.
Speaker 1: And what did did she do? I'm not trying to disrespect the woman. She may have a be a Rhodes scholar, but is she an ex porn star?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't really know what her story. I don't really know anything about her other than that she someone she has some sort of weird sugar daddy that buys billboards of okay, yeah, oh wow. And then but I think just cruises around parks her signature pink corvette and sells you t shirts out of the trunk.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, she just became one of those like almost like the naked cowboy in Times Square.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like that guy of LA where she's famous for just being herself.
Speaker 1: Now does she have big fake balloon like fun bag boobies. Yes, I figured I know what she does.
Speaker 2: You should be a detective.
Speaker 1: She's like all that reminds me of the some lady almost jumped into the street and was yelling at me because I almost hit her. But she again, she leapt into the street and I was just driving and I and I said, ah, clam it, clown tits, clamt clown tits. And then I immediately felt like a bad person.
Speaker 2: Did she hear you?
Speaker 1: I hope not?
Speaker 2: Did she clam it?
Speaker 1: Oh, clown tits?
Speaker 2: Jordan? How long have you lived in La?
Speaker 3: I lived in LA since two thousand and five. Oh so yeah, a good long coming up on coming upon ten years. It is coming up on that coming up on a deuce. But Jordan deuces.
Speaker 1: You're originally from Orange County.
Speaker 3: Originally from Orange County. Yeah, and you know a lot of people like my people who have moved here. Oh well, you're basically from LA. But it like when I first moved up here, it could not have felt more different.
Speaker 1: It felt felt like it's so different.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so as a kid, you didn't come here with your family and and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really, my dad would periodically run the La Marathons, would come up here. I enjoyed going to the Bad Would Oh. I really liked going to the Little Brea Tarbets. That was like a favorite once a year thing that we would do.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, look the Silver Spoon is something called Connie and Ted's and looks like a space age pirates.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's the place for Yeah, that used to be a fun little of greasy dive bar.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 3: Now it's an overpriced oyster place.
Speaker 1: Get out of here with your clams.
Speaker 3: And I know, clam them gave these clams and clam them boots.
Speaker 1: I'm always surprised here from Orange County because everyone thinks of Orange County and they think surfer bro Sure, graphic tea UFC bleach, blonde hair, keep going the sails a lot White Supremacists. Yeah, they have a black truck that is all suicide murdered out. Yeah, it's called murdered out suicided out. If you're a doucy guy that's depressed, but you're not, you're not that you like punk rock.
Speaker 3: Though, I do like punk, yeah, I mean I think that's that's that's something that I still I still have with me that is very Orange County is like loving the Vandals.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and you still go to punk rock shows, right, I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I have our buddy Mike who we worked with at Fuel.
Speaker 1: My buddy too. He's my buddy too. It's right on Fairfax up.
Speaker 2: Here, which way right on Fairfax.
Speaker 3: I think it's a little bit not. I mean, I think we like, you know, going to shows and seeing bands and stuff. But he his wife had a they had their first baby, and I think he struck some sort of deal where it's part of an excuse for him to get out of the house. I think it's like something like whenever there's a mid nineties punk band in town, we will just go see them. That's great, even if maybe neither of us is super stoked to see Pulley yeah, or jug hads revenge that we'll just go. But yeah, it's it's just it's just a funny chose to get to get wrecked with the buddies.
Speaker 1: Ever do you ever watch you ever hit the pit?
Speaker 3: Oh? God, what did I do? You know? I went? I went to see the Dwarves the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who are famous for just kicking people. Yeah, they up front row they'll just kick someone in the face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, a reputation for being violent in the you know, people who get banned from venues. They were perfect, gentleman. I'll say new songs sounded great. Sometimes when you get to see those old bands, it can be a little bit sad, like, all right, these are you know, there's some chunky fifty year old.
Speaker 1: Well that guy's been working. He's like been in Queens of that Stone Age and all that.
Speaker 3: He's oh wow. Yeah. They they sounded terrific And yeah, I don't usually like timash, but it was so it sounded so good and was so intense that I was I was taken by the spirit. I was compelled by the spirit level. It was I was almost as pumped for that show as I was for Havin a Gila. I. I got through about half of a song, half of a ninety second song in the mosh pit, but I felt pretty good afterwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they weren't You're not. They weren't even stopping on the on the champagne bottle. Jordan just grabbed a beer bottle and shattered it in a punk.
Speaker 2: Rock style and a Jewish wedding.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you wanted to get in.
Speaker 3: The mash fozzil top motherfucker's when I yelled.
Speaker 1: That's the famous Swartzenegger line. Mother fuckers.
Speaker 2: Did you ever like face to face?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: There I do. I really like them. I like we've talked about this. It's gotten heated. Jordan and I do it a little bit of a slap fight here. Oh that was my face for those listening. I just hit my own lands married somehow. It made me bite my tongue. I really wish I hadn't done that. I haven't hung out with Joanah Ray all that much, but one night we ended up at the House Blues and there was just a death metal band that had pretty much ninety five percent Latino fans, and so you look down at the audience and everyone had these long black mulleted like it was just a sea of hair bobbing back and it was the coolest thing ever. But the pit there was like a pretty fast moving circle, like where they're almost running counterclockwise in a circle.
Speaker 2: Wo.
Speaker 1: And we went down there just to look at or I thought we were just looking at it, and Jonah looked at me and he just took off his glasses and slowly put them in his pocket and just jumped in there and was immediately like getting punched and hitting people. And he had like a cut on his face, and I was like, oh, man, John Wray's kind of badass.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I think the thing that, you know, if he grew up with that kind of music, you have a lot of special memories of Yeah, washing to your favorite band. I do, and yeah, but sometimes it just sounds so good that you have to try it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would I think, yeah, under the right. I know I'm deaf from going to shows as a young person. I can't hear if there's ambient Like last night I was at a party, people are talking to me. I'm like, oh, I'm sorry, I'm deaf. I just say that now. Yeah, I absolutely can't hear. And I know it's from standing next to the same speaker at Jay's upstairs in Missilla, Montana every weekend.
Speaker 5: I have the same thing whe when people talk to me parties, I have to go, I'm sorry, what And then I lean into the right like, I mean my right ear in like.
Speaker 2: An old lady.
Speaker 1: What you're realizing right now is your good ear?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 1: It's fun funnel.
Speaker 2: What's that your horn? Old fashioned to your horn?
Speaker 1: I like it?
Speaker 3: Oh so yeah, I'm up here by the grove.
Speaker 1: How do you like it over here by the grove? Do you utilize their farmer's market?
Speaker 3: You know what, guys, I'm kind of at the grove a lot. Oh yeah. For those not from La the Grove is a very kind of cheesy, touristy mall. It's like where you would take your mom when she comes to town.
Speaker 1: Yes, that being said, did anthropology get in those new never mind?
Speaker 3: I don't know what they're going to be excited for.
Speaker 1: I was for thing and then I couldn't say the fake thing.
Speaker 5: You know, someone just told me that they have the there's a Museum of Tolerance at the grove.
Speaker 3: No what, Oh, you know what? It's behind the grove. It's not actually on the grounds. But yes, I know, I.
Speaker 2: Thought it was a stop on the trolley.
Speaker 3: Right, but no, get aino tour it around? Yeah, get give empathize with the juice and then.
Speaker 6: Get yeah, exactly, have a nice solid It's hard you want empathize for the Jews here because they're really shoving Jesus's Christmas down your throat those lights.
Speaker 2: That is Did they still make it snow.
Speaker 3: Around five? I think around five if they do a snow bubble, that's a soap bubble snow.
Speaker 2: I really love it.
Speaker 1: Really, I love that. I like Christmas. I don't know about you guys, but I'll start.
Speaker 3: Talking about it.
Speaker 1: It's that kind of podcast.
Speaker 3: I love it. Oh look at all those controversial topics outside.
Speaker 1: It's rightful. My favorite thing to do in the grove is when that trolley comes along. I like to like what's that movie north by Northwest? Yeah, where I pretend it's chasing me. I'm gonna really slow and everyone sees it and they have a pretty good laugh and they don't even know who I am.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you what I thought you were gonna say?
Speaker 5: What I thought you're gonna say you ran next to it with blade hands like the t one.
Speaker 3: Tho oh, that's even blade hands. I'm gonna do it next, laid hand.
Speaker 2: Just some options. You always have options.
Speaker 3: That is my next.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good one, Karen, turn right here. If you want to do it, you can do it. It's your idea.
Speaker 2: No, I don't run.
Speaker 1: Oh there's a big pothole. We're growing in it. Damn it, God, turn it, damn it, damn it.
Speaker 3: Directions to my house now include if you've hit smoking vape depot, you've gone too far. Oh that's great.
Speaker 2: There is a lot of vaping these days, a lot of vaping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how I quit smoking. I was buying those throwaway you know, East six that have anti freeze. I know, I believe. And ooh this is nice, this is beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a nice, little, nice little neighborhood. I love it. Yeah. I was reluctant to move kind of to the maybe one of the square places in Hollywood, but I just kind of love the apartment and now I'm fucking all about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's beautiful grove and talk about the convenient.
Speaker 2: Yeah, should I do this?
Speaker 3: Yeah that's great.
Speaker 2: I have to say, I really like I like the mid Wilshire.
Speaker 5: District, like it down there a little bit, but I like they have really beautiful, old fashioned looking apartments.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Mine's from the thirties and yeah it's really like cool and weird and has an ironing board in the.
Speaker 1: Wall that comes down like a Murphy bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah it totally does.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like this weird little fireplace. So yeah, I think I think you're.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna put your TV in your fireplace? Like you were supposed to do at your old place?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm remember, I know, but kept talking about it. He never did ever happen.
Speaker 1: He had a perfect mantle. It was the exact size of his slat screen. Every time I went there, I'm like, you gotta put that TV in the fireplace and have a DVD of Fire playing on it?
Speaker 3: And did you know that was part of my plan? Yeah? I never did. I willfully disobeyed you.
Speaker 1: I bought at a target ninety nine cent DVDs of Fire because I wanted to give you one.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, I hope you appreciate you appreciate it.
Speaker 1: TV, So I gotta get away from the beach. You need a roommate. Right, it's a deal on I just said, Uh, don't worry, Jordan, I love cats.
Speaker 3: That's true, you do enjoy Yeah, that'll be that'll be an that won't be a big adjustment. You could show you and the cattle getting.
Speaker 1: I'm not allergic to cats unless I lift their tail and I put my face there and then I get weazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm allergic to buttoles.
Speaker 3: Jordan Holm. Is this the end of the podcast? It were it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We usually have a ceremony, but right now it involves us honking. And there's a baby right there, so I'm just buying time. There's actually baby.
Speaker 3: Kind of a fidgety looking dog.
Speaker 2: That dog would lose it.
Speaker 1: That's a companion. That's a companion.
Speaker 3: God, oh he is. He's got a little vest.
Speaker 1: He's just a little cub scout.
Speaker 3: It's his snuggling merit badge. I'll give him that bad Yeah a million.
Speaker 5: Do you have anything to plug or like, anything that you want to talk about that people would know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do a podcast. It's called Jordan jesse Go. I love Chris are too frequent beloved guests?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, we love it. We love it, Jordan.
Speaker 3: Jesse go it's an iTunes at maximum fund dot or at maximum fund dot org. Yes, and uh at Midnight's on Company Central Monday, Thursday midnight.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna do it midnight or have you done it?
Speaker 3: There's there's been talks, preliminary talks. I would like to Yeah, so perhaps.
Speaker 1: Right if you do do it? Yeah, we should all be well, we should well, let's just plan this out and then we'll just pitch it to them. Yeah, the three of us together on panel. What do you say?
Speaker 3: Oh? Sure, the the do you need a ride gang? Yeah, let's get two posts and a guy who was on it once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone's and three thousand people will clap somewhere.
Speaker 2: Total is three thousand or number and the last one. Yeah that's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not bad. That's cozy.
Speaker 3: That's cozy. Jordan's you guys have it. Who's the who's the highest guest? Who's gotten the most?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Boy, I wonder Dave Anthony got them most because he's got really because the Walking Room and the Dull Up having such popular podcasts and he's like huge in Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think it either was.
Speaker 5: Him or uh Todd Glass or Todd Barry.
Speaker 1: Or Todd Barry, one of those guys, or people like James and Domian. These are all guests that aren't Jordan's.
Speaker 3: Right now we have them all out of the one and I'm coming for you.
Speaker 2: Was great?
Speaker 1: She really, I mean her ability package and nice.
Speaker 3: She's nice, then it really does, Jordan, thank you for being super fun.
Speaker 1: And for those of you listening now you've been listening to do you need a ride? D y n A R? Are you leaving?
Speaker 2: You wanna way back? Either way?
Speaker 3: We want to be.
Speaker 4: There, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and they turning on and gave me. We want to send you off inside. We want to welcome you back home.
Speaker 2: Tell us all about it. We scared her?
Speaker 6: Was it fine.
Speaker 1: Now? Porn father?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride? Do you need ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need.
Speaker 1: With Karen and cress
Speaker 3: H