Speaker 1: It's topic times called eight hundred five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club Morning everybody. It's DJ env Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Kei Ki here. Hey, friends, now we're asking eight hundred five eight five one five one, what are some signs you are getting old?
Speaker 3: This conversation comes from Kevin Hart.
Speaker 2: We reported in the rumors early that Kevin Hart was trying to uh, I guess race somebody in a in a foot race and got himself injured.
Speaker 3: Let's hear it right fast. Tall.
Speaker 4: My men women out there that are forty years old and above, it's not a game. Respect that age or that age will make you respect it. It's just a public service announcement because I know people may see me out and I don't want you to be alarm, but I'm in a wheelchair. Shout out to Steven Wildly. I'm gonna go to put this story out there before you do. Me and Steven we got into a little debate. This debate was based off of who's faster.
Speaker 5: Steven said, Kevi.
Speaker 4: Ain't no know where you're gonna beat me. Steven is ex NFL running back play for the even Patriots. I said, Steve, you can bet it, he said back, I said back. We get out there, we go run a forty year old dash.
Speaker 5: Guys, I blew all.
Speaker 4: My tore my lord abdomen. My abductors are torn. I don't even know what that is, but I tore him.
Speaker 3: I can't walk. What are we competing for at this age? Why we like?
Speaker 6: What am I doing? Stupid and love?
Speaker 4: And now I can't walk cause I'm somewhere trying to get the title of the fastest the barbecue.
Speaker 3: So we're asking eight hundred and five eighty five one O five one. Let's start with you, Kiki.
Speaker 7: Okay, Now, for me, when I knew I was getting older and I'm I'm an early thirties, so I'm still, you know, a little young. But what tells you is when you hang around younger people. So like my sister in law is younger than me.
Speaker 6: Shout out to.
Speaker 7: Queler, Well we go all vacation. I want to go to the spot and lay down, right. She want to go to the club. We gotta turn up, we gotta pop bottles. And I also know when I go over to somebody house and they music real loud, Like why is everything so loud? That's what I know I was getting old. And also when I discovered baseboards in my house, like I don't know, I'm just living life and apartments, I didn't realize I had to clean a baseboard. And I finally figured out what that was. I was like, yeah, you're getting old.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: For myself, there's a couple of things.
Speaker 2: One when I drive now, I listen to the traffic report to see what is gonna be yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Also I watched the news to see what the weather's gonna be.
Speaker 6: Okay that that.
Speaker 2: Also, if I'm going somewhere, like I'm touching a long flight, I watch what I ate, meaning like if I know if like let's say I like cheesecake and I want cheesecake before I catch a flight, the person sitting next to me is gonna have a bad flight. Like there's certain things. I know when I drink too much, I know it like I'm gonna have to go to the bathroom. Like there's certain certain things. The nap thing is always one. Uh, I do the old man basketball. So you know, I got six kids, yes, two boys, four girls, And when I play my kids in basketball, I no longer am competitive real like, I back them down like my dad used to do me, just old man style and just kind of just do like a hook shot to beat them. Come tired, don' I don't want to play with them the more I'm tired, Like I just want to win and then go those are those are a lot of them. And then I got tennis elbowt and I haven't played tennis in twenty years, and I think that's an old man's injury tennis elbow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I got tennis elbowt right now, Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, So I thought the question is, what can't we do anymore after a certain age?
Speaker 3: Yeah, memories messed up? I can see it right now, Okay.
Speaker 6: And he was just struggling with Instagram.
Speaker 3: Instagram, I tag Michael, somebody, where's my niece? Can my knees help me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: When you get frustrated, what can I do anymore?
Speaker 1: Damn near everything and especially everything I don't want to do. And it'd be the littlest things, like I realize now while our parents, you know, used to be in like the living room and they would call us no matter where we was at, in the apartment, at the house or the trailer, just to get them some water, them remote troller literally right there I'm talking about, like right there, a foot away from you. Well, boy, when you be on that couch after a long work week, after a long day, you don't feel like getting up.
Speaker 5: To do it, So come use your little young legs and.
Speaker 1: Get it for me. Another thing I can't do anymore at my age small talk. I don't want any small talk. I have no problem he was sitting around in silence, or if you're talking to me about something I don't care about, I might tell you shut the f up right in the middle of the conversation because I don't have time for the small talk. I don't care in no way, shape or form.
Speaker 3: And you know another reason why I knew I was gett older. I started wearing crocs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I started wearing I look at him a glass old ass people shoes.
Speaker 1: But now you ain't mentioned had died. You ain't realize you was getting older. You have to start dying your bid and painting your painting your faith.
Speaker 6: I'll not envy you be out here leaving them little stings on T shirts.
Speaker 5: Yes he did.
Speaker 1: He definitely you put it. It was no you know what he had on himself. He had he had a hoodie on one day and it was all on the neck.
Speaker 5: Of the hoodie, the little black powder. Just actually he just observing, laughing at me and sorry, I'm you don't.
Speaker 1: Do that no more, you stop because I keep calling you on on the Walgreens ran out of just man.
Speaker 3: So I've been stuck for a little bit, but I got new delivery coming today. Don't worry about Okay, you hate it, kick it, don't last.
Speaker 2: I know, I know you ain't die your hair before Kiki our baby.
Speaker 3: You not what not?
Speaker 7: I don't die my hair, baby, that's not I put a whole wig on. So it's a it's Chico.
Speaker 5: Trust me, he would too if they made beard wigs.
Speaker 3: Shut up, Hello store, Hello, Hey, what a sign? What are signs that you're getting too old? Mama?
Speaker 8: Well, definitely after the breakfast club paint radio stations to the oldie studies and like that is I remember I was younger. I was like, oh, old people say, but now the old people stay my.
Speaker 5: Favorite hold on where you calling from Atlanta? Oh, they got us on the old people station.
Speaker 7: In the last none, no, no, you all are not a people.
Speaker 8: Oh one on five point three. So there's the hip hop, but it's the breakfast stuff goes home. I checked my station because I R and D back played in the nineties and two.
Speaker 5: Thousand, Oh got you gotcha?
Speaker 3: So you like you? You love Luke, you dropping load of Luke, juvenile all that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm still comfortable with that era.
Speaker 5: That's our era.
Speaker 6: That our era.
Speaker 5: You're born in the nineteen hundreds and seven. I born nineteen hundred seventy eight. That's our era. I don't know nothing else.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 9: The man in this bringing rast and breasts club?
Speaker 10: How you doing?
Speaker 3: Damn it?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 3: How you know when you start getting older? Davy? What are some signs brother, when.
Speaker 10: You get after you hear some top in the place that you didn't expect.
Speaker 6: Oh lord about it?
Speaker 10: Like you're back in your knee, Yes sir, yes sir.
Speaker 1: When I do like this, I'll be driving sometime with the steering wheel holding both hands. So I just scratched my arms out.
Speaker 5: I'll just here. Hellos this what's up?
Speaker 3: This is Josh, Josh, good morning. What are some signs that you getting old? Josh.
Speaker 9: All right, So I'm a former commedian athlete and We're just having a kickball event at my job. So I'm like, let's show out.
Speaker 8: Let's show these dudes what I'm about.
Speaker 9: I'm like the only black dude that's even in the company.
Speaker 8: So I was everybody was pressed to have me on the team.
Speaker 9: Next thing I know, you know, first one up, I can't get get a homer. I'm good.
Speaker 6: Second one, that.
Speaker 9: Bat, I'm waiting.
Speaker 5: I'm ready. I kicked the ball with all my might again.
Speaker 1: This time.
Speaker 8: Something ain't feel right.
Speaker 9: I try to run the first base. Next thing i know, I'm on the floor.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 9: I was pretty much on high off for the rest of the tournament.
Speaker 8: Man, I pulled a hip fletter.
Speaker 3: Damn see. And that's another thing, right.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes you be the only black person in your group when you do things and they expect you to be the best player there. I'll tell you the other day I played basketball and I was the only black shot runner. I was the only black guy there. They wanted me to go busy. I'm like, if I get injured, I gotta i gotta go to work in the morning.
Speaker 3: I got kids. My kids want me to play. I can't do it no more. It is what it is.
Speaker 2: Andrew, Andre, Okay, Andre, my bad dang, they got Andrew on the list.
Speaker 3: But Andre, what are some signs you getting old?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 8: When you start adding fire fiber to your diet?
Speaker 5: Then did that?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 5: You got to make sure you're regular. You got to make sure you regular.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: But I mean, there's a lot of things that we care about now that we didn't care about, you know back then. Like you know, we talk about going to get colonoscopies, you know what I mean. I talk about all the cardiovascular cardiovascular test I've had, just had one Monday. By the way, it's Luther doctor Pumer, you know in medical.
Speaker 2: You know what, I haven't got to yet that a lot of older people do that. I haven't that coffee. Like I know a lot when people get a certain age, they start drinking coffee. I haven't got to that coffee yet.
Speaker 1: All you can't sit here and talk about your bows easily moving and then talk about drinking coffee. I don't drink coffee, Yeah I can't. I don't drink coffee because number one, I don't like coffee. Number two, it does some weird things in my stomach, but really not.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm making me scared to get old coffee right now.
Speaker 5: Well's booty. All you got to do is go to the wrong hood.
Speaker 6: No, that's why I stay stripped though.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one. If you're just joining us, we're asking, uh, what are some signs you're getting old?
Speaker 3: Let's talk about it. This is the Breakfast Club. Good morning, it's topic time.
Speaker 5: The phone.
Speaker 1: Called eight hundred and five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Talk about it.
Speaker 2: Warning everybody, it's DJ n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our special guest co host Kiki in the building.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 3: So we're asking what are some signs that you're getting old?
Speaker 2: This conversation. Say she comes from Kevin Hart. He got injured yesterday, trying to raise somebody.
Speaker 4: Let's listen to all my men women out there that are forty years old and above. Uh, it's not a game. Respect that age or that age. Make you respect it. It's just public SERFCE announcement. Because I know people may see me out and I don't want you to be alarm. But I'm in a wheelchair. Shout out to Steven wildly. I'm gonna go to put this story out there before you do. Me and Stephen we got into a little debate. This debate was based off of who was faster. Steven said, keV Ain't no way you're gonna beat me. Steven is ex NFL running back play for the Patriots. I said, Steve, you can bet it. He said back. I said, beat We get out there, we go run a forty year old dash. Guys.
Speaker 5: I blew all.
Speaker 4: My tore my lord abdomen. My abductors are torn. I don't even know what that is, but I tore him.
Speaker 3: I can't walk.
Speaker 4: What are we competing for this age?
Speaker 10: Why are we? Like?
Speaker 5: What am I doing?
Speaker 3: Stupid?
Speaker 4: And love? And now I can't walk because I'm somewhere trying to get the title of the fastest the barbecue.
Speaker 2: So we're asking eight hundred five eight five, one oh five to one, what are some signs that you're getting old?
Speaker 3: Hello? Hey, good morning, hey Chanel. Yes, what are some signs you're getting old? Mama?
Speaker 8: Oh well, I'm in the military, and signs is getting old? And every morning at five fifteen and this morning I put on my running shoes and I rolled my ankles, just put my shoes on.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, how old are you?
Speaker 6: I am?
Speaker 8: Thirty eight?
Speaker 5: Oh lord, wait till you turn forty.
Speaker 1: Okay, when you turn on, You're not you're gonna be able to find your running shoes.
Speaker 8: Huhn. Adding this other ten years onto.
Speaker 1: Whatever age you are, so you're still a baby, but you ain't gonna be able to find your running shoes in two years.
Speaker 5: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 8: Christina?
Speaker 3: Say Christina?
Speaker 1: What is what?
Speaker 3: Signs you're getting old?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 9: Everything?
Speaker 10: So anytime I do flats, I can hear my knees cracking, like I can actually hear a sound. Yep, my elbows cracked. I'm seeing a fine specialist right now and I'm only forty.
Speaker 5: Dang, that's real.
Speaker 1: Because sometimes when I be doing abs, man, no gas go, can't stop. You don't even be trying, you know what I mean. It's not like you don't even feel it coming. You just do a crunching at the same time.
Speaker 2: But you know too, and it sounds of getting old too. I don't know if this happens, but I passed. Guys when I sleep now, all the time.
Speaker 5: Oh you've been doing You're just doing them big loud ones that hurt. So you wake up?
Speaker 3: Who now?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Who's that noise? My kids be dying out and in the house?
Speaker 9: Hello?
Speaker 5: Who's this?
Speaker 1: You? What from?
Speaker 3: Who's that?
Speaker 5: No I thought you said somebody, but oh god.
Speaker 3: That's only going to take somebody.
Speaker 5: But you know, farting you funho in the house?
Speaker 6: Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 10: KD from Milwaukee A KD from Milwaukee.
Speaker 3: We're talking about signs of getting old.
Speaker 9: Well, I know, I'm only thirty, and it's a bad example for sure. I got to carry a kit around with me. They got bio freeze, ice pack, all of that.
Speaker 6: Why what you doing in your twenties? Well?
Speaker 9: I was always a fourtead so I mean recently, like probably like a year and a half ago. I was at a track meeting. They had like a little parents relay, and I was like, you know what, I think I still got it. I start running. I got fifty meters of the one hundred meters and all I know is I was on the ground deck.
Speaker 5: How old are you?
Speaker 9: My hair strag and I haven't been the same thing.
Speaker 5: How old are you?
Speaker 9: I'm just turned thirty. In February.
Speaker 5: Now, yo, it's babies, man. If you don't cut it out, I won't tell you.
Speaker 3: Another sign is always going to the doctor.
Speaker 2: If I get a pain of injury or any funny feeling, I go straight to the doc.
Speaker 5: I'm just having good health insurance. I have plenty of people who would love to just go to the doctors. Whatever they feel. I'll go.
Speaker 3: I'll go to the er. If I it's something hurt too much, I go straight to.
Speaker 5: The l I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what a good Another good sign is when you go to the doctors you get a good report back. Happy man, I got one Monday, okay, Because overall my results are excellent. Despite a high calcium scored for your age, there's only minimal plaque in your heart arteries. Furthermore, you're a cholesterol profile is excellent and well below goal on your current statum medication and affering which I would continue.
Speaker 5: Your blood pressure and heart rate those of a man twenty years younger.
Speaker 1: All these factors contribute to a very low in year cardiovascular risk only three point five percent optimal.
Speaker 5: Optimal for men of your age would be three percent. So you are in very good shape. What about your button to doctor Puma and everybody at sore in Medical.
Speaker 3: About your butt? Dough Man, shut up, Colon kolonosko be that's a mesking.
Speaker 5: I did that already. I got no polymps, no redness, no nothing.
Speaker 3: Think you'd be the second opinion.
Speaker 6: Can think about what sexy red?
Speaker 5: Stephane?
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, ain't Stephanie? Good morning?
Speaker 8: Good morning?
Speaker 3: How old are you Stephanie?
Speaker 8: Fifty?
Speaker 5: Okay? You just now you're talking?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: What are some side you're getting to old?
Speaker 5: Stephanie?
Speaker 8: Say listen, I've been like five six years ago. Ahead to go back to missionary.
Speaker 10: No, I can't do the slip, the tricks and the turn.
Speaker 9: So yeah, we're back on missionaries.
Speaker 3: No more backshots for you. No, you ain't ride enoughing.
Speaker 10: They rideing a knee and they ain't doing that thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, okay. I need I need to know the measurements.
Speaker 6: I need your height, girl, don't don't do it, girl, don't come on.
Speaker 5: I think there's other factors involved, other in age.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm so close to your missionary and it's not for longs.
Speaker 1: I don't get you twenty in and I'm so serious to how how told are you, Stephanie?
Speaker 5: How much do you wait? Don't do it?
Speaker 4: Girl?
Speaker 5: One sixty?
Speaker 6: Okay, now, what's the excuse? Say nothing?
Speaker 1: A little I mean a little round, but nothing crazy, you know what I mean. She's just lazy, lazy.
Speaker 8: God, I'm trying to be bones.
Speaker 10: Ain't right?
Speaker 5: Well? How old was your boyfriend? Her husband?
Speaker 8: Fifty?
Speaker 6: Sorry to that man?
Speaker 3: Were you sixteen? He's fifty?
Speaker 8: Both of fifty?
Speaker 3: Fifty?
Speaker 5: Might be time to tack somebody else.
Speaker 8: He came, I got informission, go ahead, you.
Speaker 5: Gave your mission that.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, you interested, what's going on? When she can't do nothing but missionary? It's time to tack somebody else. And especially if he is able to do other things? Is he able to do everything?
Speaker 8: That's right?
Speaker 3: I'm not that, y'all, little bugget. That's y'all married. Y're supposed to look, you're supposed to go all the way to the end.
Speaker 5: Y'all been together, y'all been together a long.
Speaker 10: Time, twenty years.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, no, no, he's supposed to take that. This is just like if he lose a leg, she's supposed to still stay with him regardless and be like, let me go get a man with some legs.
Speaker 6: No, she got it.
Speaker 10: I don't want nobody. I love, I love.
Speaker 6: That's right. You stay with your man, he probably.
Speaker 2: And you can always get a vino lotion. You can make miracles happen with a vino. And she Askedy, she don't.
Speaker 5: Even know, don know, n she don't know, Jergon, you know what I'm saying. She thinks gold is where you go when you get locked up.
Speaker 3: My god, what's what's the mall of the story.
Speaker 5: The more of the story is aging beats the all tr to give some enjoy and all right,