Speaker 1: Hey, there are folks in this episode when heartbreak makes headlines, Matt and Rachel have decided to end their relationship. And with that, folks, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. Yes, Matt James and Rachel Kirconnell, the controversial but couple at the center of season twenty five of The Bachelor, have after four years now ropes decided to call it quits. And we got this word just a short time ago from Matt himself in an Instagram post announcing it. Can I ask you first? You pointed it out to me because you follow and you keep up with stuff on Instagram. What was your reaction when you saw it? Oh?
Speaker 2: I was heartbroken.
Speaker 3: You know, it's something that so many people have followed over the past four years. But we know Matt intimately and well, and he has been a huge source of support for us individually and as a couple ever since we went through through our situation a few years ago, and so he is considered a close friend of ours and we're always rooting for him, and if that means him going his separate ways, then obviously we support that. But it's still sad to see a couple that we were rooting for, and that I think America was rooting for. So I've felt sad and his post definitely shows that he's sad too. He's hurting too. Breakups are hard, tough decisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is one. If you hell again, this is a significant period of time that this relationship has been together. This is not a This wasn't a new something that was blossoming again four plus years that season was my goodness, twenty twenty one is when it aired. But plenty of headlines if folks been following them, they seemed great, seemed happy, at least if you were following them in news, head and social media. But his social media posts, we will let you know how we all found out the news that Matt and Rachel we're ending that relationship. It was from a post early this morning.
Speaker 3: Yes, on Instagram, and it shows a picture actually of the two of them meeting for the first time on The Bachelor. So this was from twenty twenty and it's a joyful that first moment when you meet the person who you think, at one point you may spend the rest of your life with. And that certainly is the look these two are giving each other in this picture. He chose, and his caption reads this, Father, God, give Rachel and I strength to mend our broken hearts. Give us a piece about this decision to end our relationship that transcends worldly understanding. Shower our friends and family with kindness and love to comfort us and remind us that our joy comes from you, Lord. And then he has a broken heart emoji after that, and he turned the comments off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's done by a guy who's been through it, who's been through a lot publicly. Look, these are human beings. We don't folks we see on TV and a public eye. This is someone Think about any breakup you had in your life and how much that hurt, even if you were the one who initiated the breakup. Breakups are still difficult, and certainly if you have this many years put into it, But then to have to go through the relationship they had in a public manner is certainly something we can attest to is difficult. But then what they went through initially on the show with the controversy, these two have been through some fire together and publicly, and I think that is why, in a lot of ways, I think this will come as a shock. It'll come as a shock to a lot of people. If you've been following on social media, these two are everywhere together, playing, having fun, eating, traveling, and so this that might be the reason that comes to the shock to people.
Speaker 3: Babe the post and look, I know, we know that what you put out on social media is the best version of yourself most of the time, the best of times. You aren't normally posting about or talking about the fight you just had or the deep seated problem you're trying to work through. So we get that all relationships have those different layers that you aren't necessarily showing.
Speaker 2: But I think for me, the announcement.
Speaker 3: I was expecting from Matt was an engagement and there's a reason for us to have felt that way. I mean, look, the post he put up ten hours actually twelve hours before the announcement that they broke up, was a picture of the two of them eating pizza in London together, And all of the posts before that, which were almost daily, were the two of them together, laughing, talking, smiling, eating, enjoying each other, having pet names for one another. So it is a little jarring given that the last post was one of love and joy or seeming and maybe that still existed. Maybe they've realized they're better friends than lovers. I mean, there were so many things that could go into it, but it is definitely shocking, especially when you look at Rachel's last post. It was Matt's birthday, which was recent December fifth. It was just a little over a month ago. And if you don't mind, I'm going to read her caption from I guess what would be five weeks ago, six weeks ago, happiest of birthdays to my best friend, my teammate, my souex chef, the man that has my whole heart you feel it and my tummy with so much love and laughter, and I'm so thankful I get to dance through this life with you. Thank you for never ending love and support and smooches and snuggles to many more adventures. Happy birthday, my pumpkin. And he teased and wrote a caption saying I'm your pumpkin, and then he called her chicken, so they were using petne.
Speaker 2: This is just a few weeks ago, so yes, so.
Speaker 1: Look, will you never and ever ever know what's going on behind the scenes? And look, I can tell you they weren't just putting on public click we could confirm that for one hundred percent sure, but not only could you speculate and hope and wonder that the next announcement was going to be one about an engagement. He flat out as they say these things they I mean, he was on the show earlier on on our podcast, and he's not shy about saying, yes, marriage is next, and marriage is what we're thinking. We're talking about this, and that the planning was being done for a future together. Things happened behind the scenes, and it doesn't mean it has to be nasty. It doesn't mean something had to somebody had to have done something wrong. Sometimes you just come to this realization and it could have happened late or very recently. I mean, so yes, those posts could have been one hundred percent accurate for what they were feeling and experiencing at the time and something changed or conversation became different. So we're not going to speculate on the reasons.
Speaker 3: No, No, And we know Matt well enough to say this with confidence. He is an authentic dude. He is not putting on a show for Instagram followers or to make things seem better than they are. And so I believe that if six weeks ago, they were both speaking as if they were looking forward to the future, excited about their lives together. Then that was the case six weeks ago. I mean in October they were on a podcast as you I think you kind of referenced there that they are talking. They were talking publicly and candidly about getting engaged, because if you follow them on Instagram, you know that they've been through They're in that time or that phase in their life where everyone's getting married. So they were constantly going to a lot of Rachel's friends' weddings, and Matt even joked about it. I think he couldn't come to one of our events or something we had invited him too, because he was going to get another wedding with Rachel.
Speaker 1: But I think another time he skipped the wedding so we could do something with him.
Speaker 3: I think he did a podcast with us and he skipped the wedding. But there was you know, you go through your late twenties, early thirties, everyone's getting engaged, everyone's getting married. So he was even speaking two months ago about having had so many Rachel's friends going through engagements. He said, I wouldn't dare go look at a ring without consulting Rachel first. But he's clearly said when they asked about him getting married or them getting married, he said, I think that's the next step. Again, this is two months ago, and so then Rachel even went on to say, I have the finger ready. I feel that's definitely something we want, but I'm on his time. And so I think she made it very clear that she was ready, ready, ready. She said, my problem is I definitely need to go find a ring I like and everything, but that's on him at this point. So you know, she was saying, hey, I'm ready, and he indicated that he was too, or he was getting ready.
Speaker 1: Look, and we talk about this stuff publicly, and this is look walking a fine line here because there's obviously some stuff that we are privy to behind the scenes and from a personal standpoint with Matt over the years now oh dang god, it's been four or five years now with Matt. But so I do want to make sure we're respectful of that relationship. But I can say that stuff he's putting out publicly is also what he was saying privately. Yes, it's been talking plenty with him about marriage and future and Rachel and where they were going what they were going to be plenty So it was in line publicly and privately with the things you were saying. It sucks any breakup you're always rooting for. Well, I am at least right, I'm still rooting for Jalo and Ben. We've seen a number of celebrity or high profile breakups here lately. But the way this one came together because we first started interviewing this cat in twenty twenty or twenty twenty one. So Season twenty five with the Bachelor launched in January of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was filming in twenty twenty during the pandemic and all of that, but everybody was kind of glued to their TVs in a way maybe they weren't before because of the pandemic.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you throw in the pandemic, and you throw in the fact he's the first black Bachelor. This was huge, Like this was an event. His season was wild, everybody paying attention, and he is as charming and intelligentic and ready for that show. He was a perfect bachelor to be honest.
Speaker 2: With you, you really he really was and is Yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: In his background, just everything about this dude. You just love. And then, of course came the controversy in the season because pictures came out about one of his finalists, Rachel Kreconnell Antebellum party while she was in college in the South. Those pictures came out, she was accused of being a racist and participating in this thing. That controversy hit. The problem there is Robes. The show taped so early, so the shape show was done taping, he had already picked somebody. Just the public didn't.
Speaker 2: Know he had already picked her. He had already picked Rachel.
Speaker 1: That's the problem. We didn't know that. So then these pictures come out while she was just a finalist, and I think a lot of people behind the show freaked out, Oh shit, everybody hates this girl and she's the one that he ended it so to some degree, and I think that's where Chris Harrison came in and he started to kind of defend her a little bit. Is that a fair way?
Speaker 3: Well, I think the I think the point because he knew the outcome right, and he was fully invested in the show in multiple ways, not just being the host, but being a part of this franchise for two decades, So he was trying to amend I believe the pr that was blowing up in defense of the show, probably first and foremost, and also of Matt and Rachel, because he knew them and liked them, and so he thought he was doing a solid for them.
Speaker 1: But it came out terribly wrong. It came out up.
Speaker 3: It ended up ending his career on the show. And the other Rachel Yes, Yes Lindsay.
Speaker 1: Rachel Lindsay, he did an interview with her on her entertainment show and came off as if he's defending racist Behaviorrent. He got into a little back and forth with Rachel Lindsay, and that moment probably hurt Rachel Kirconnell and Matt James' relationship even more because it blew up the controversy into an even bigger one to a great degree. So they ended up. Matt and they broke up for a little while. Yeah, and I applauded them for getting back together, but it was all you were saying here. It was such a strain on their relationship that controversy that it ended them the first time around.
Speaker 2: And they've talked about that.
Speaker 3: That that that public pressure of what people thought about them about her absolutely influenced that, and then he even talked about in that same interview a few months ago in October on that podcast, about pressure, and.
Speaker 2: He said, we're doing great.
Speaker 3: I feel like when you feel pressure, it's when you don't want to do something. So he said he never felt pressure to get engaged because it's something he's always wanted to do and it's something that we're gonna do at some point. He said, that's why we're together, that's what we're working toward. I'm excited about our future. But he talked about that very same pressure as being part of the reason why they broke up the first time. But because they'd been through it, because they got through it, because they worked through it, they felt more solid than ever continuing their relationship.
Speaker 1: I was and you know what, that gave me confidence as well. I did not think they would actually get back through that first breakup. Oh yeah, I was like, Okay, I get it. I actually get it, and I got why as a black man, he would have a difficult time maybe trying to reconcile what his girlfriend had done, trying to explain it to his family or his friends, and trying to say no, she's okay, you trust me, and again at that point, they didn't know each other that well, right, I have a history with you that no matter what you do today, I have a foundation of who you are. I don't think they knew each other well enough at that time.
Speaker 3: And I think anytime you meet somebody, We've watched enough reality TV to know that there are always those questions among the contestants as.
Speaker 2: To who is there for the right reasons, who.
Speaker 3: Is there to get a larger following on social media, who was there to become an influencer, And so you can see where that could have played into.
Speaker 2: All of it as well.
Speaker 3: Where you're not who you think you are, You're not who you say you are because I don't know you. But they Yeah, four years together is no small thing in the public eye after all of that to get through.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think people know this, We know it really well. But that was a lot of strain on that relationship from responsibilities from I mean personal and public responsibilities, from living situation. They're in several different places and bouncing around states, so coordinating all that can be difficult as well, but they always always, in my opinion, even behind the scenes, every relationship has an issue of sulf. Of course, no nobody is perfect, but I held out hope you put money on it, I would have bet for an engagement was going to be the next thing we heard versus a breakup.
Speaker 3: A one hundred percent my way, and that's absolutely what I would have thought as well, hearing how he speaks of her and spoke of her, And you know, you make the point we've talked about this.
Speaker 2: They were kind.
Speaker 3: Of in a long distance relationship because they never I don't believe from our understanding, they never actually lived in the same.
Speaker 1: Town full time.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 3: And they do have rigorous travel schedules with what he does and what she does. She's just started a lifestyle brand, I believe, so they're constantly traveling apart from one another, and that absolutely puts a strain on a relationship as well. And you know, they had to They would have had to decide had they gotten engaged, where they were going to live, and that might have been a huge sticking point. You know, we don't know, and those are major when you when you have differences of opinion, you obviously have to compromise if you're going to end up living your lives together. But on major issues when it come to where you're living or how you're living, who works, who doesn't, Who stay at homes with a kid, who doesn't? You know, I love that I see a lot of young couples really putting in the time to consider those factors before they get married. And I applaud that because that's not something I even really considered or thought about when I rushed into marriage at twenty three. And so I applaud anyone who gives extra time and thought to some of these major things that can absolutely derail a marriage.
Speaker 2: So, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Think, as sad as it is to see a breakup and two people who we were I think all invested in and rooting for, I actually applaud. I applaud the bravery encourage it takes to break up before you get married, to not do what people expect you to do, to not walk down the aisle because you think you should or you said you would. And I can only speak for myself that I have been in that position before and made the wrong call. So I applaud someone who can in it. It does take courage to break up like this before, especially when you know people are rooting for you.
Speaker 1: That to that last point you make. I've talked about this. I think you've I think you've said it's less for you than it is for me. But that public pressure sometimes is you've had so many I mean, you've had other people come along and invest in the decision you're making because they also say, Okay, TJ, I'm with you. But if you tell me this is what you want, I am going to root for it too. I am gonna support it as well. But now you've got all those people with you, which feels great when everything's going great. But then the next thing, Okay, this grouple, I'm going to disappoint them, I'm going to disappoint my family again. You think, oh my god, what are they gonna say about us here or there or you for it to have to run through your mind for a split second that your relationship you need to consider a headline that's going to be written. That is. That's not a way to be. But it's a reality, and it is. It feels awful. It does. It feels awful. As difficult as a relationship can be, we all know they're hard roabes.
Speaker 3: You show me one relationship and there's no way ones that have made it that it's been an easy road. It's never easy, and I mean, I think that is what makes them so special and valuable if you do find the right person who you're willing to work hard for and with, because it's rare. I do actually think it's rare, and you know it's I think anyone who's listening. You don't have to be a celebrity or someone in the public eye to know how hard it is to make these decisions, because in your world, if it's your pastor if it's your neighbors, if it's your children's school friends and community, no one wants to admit that they can't work it out, that they can't figure it out, that they fell out of love, that they want different things. Those things all feel embarrassing, humiliating, shameful even sometimes so, But why do.
Speaker 1: We feel that if everybody's gone through it, everybody listening is gone through what you're talking about, So why is it we end up being made to feel like crap in a public way like this or no, even privately. Sometimes people look at yes, okay, is if your relationship is great, is if everything's great over there, and you go, why is it we look we do that to people, even if we've gone through it, every single one of us, but everybody is going to be online and typing something is saying something negative. Aha, I told you that kind why do we do that?
Speaker 3: And then there's finger pointing because people always want to blame one person for being the cause or reason for a breakup because you know what, it's easier you want to you want to have an explanation so you can think, Ah, that's not happening in my marriage or in my relationship, so I'll be okay. I do think that is what it all boils down to. But I just I just want to say that my heart is breaking for both of them and their families and their friends and everyone who is rooting for them.
Speaker 2: Because it is a loss.
Speaker 3: It's a loss of a dream, it's a loss of a hope, and somehow we all maybe even personalize it and think, oh, no, if it could happen to them, it could happen to me. And I think that is what goes through a lot of people's minds when they see a breakup like this, even if it's someone you've never met, someone you've never known, but someone who you've looked up to or looked to for comfort or joy, and maybe even if your relationship isn't going great, seeing someone else sometimes gives you hope that yours might come around. So I do think we all end up relating this sometimes back to ourselves and our own lives, and you want to have those beacons of hope that relationships can last through the tough times.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll stay with us here, folks, when we come back. What in the world is going on in twenty twenty five we got yet another breakup. We are here talking about also what we planned to do immediately for Matt and Rachel. Stay with us. We're back now reacting to the news that a dear friend, Matt James, has ended his relationship, or I should say they have ended their relationship, Matt James and Rachel Kirconnell, who were stars of the season twenty five of The Bachelor. But we were talking about this just in recent days, even recorded an episode about this. I don't think it's out yet, but before we recorded this one this morning, you said, man, were that other episode seems irrelevant now because part of it was about all the celebrity breakups, so many relationships ending that we were hearing about at the end of last year at the beginning of this year. I'm going to forget several but Jessica Alba and Cash Swarren, Jessica Simpson, well, yes, Jessica Simpson announced her breakup. What were the other was a Brandon Routh from The Superman Guy. Yes, I'm forgetting it.
Speaker 3: And there was another reality show couple breakup. They were dating, they were long distance for three years and they broke up as well. But this is what sometimes experts say happens at the first of the year. Right, the divorce is January one. January second supposedly like a major divorce day in divorce court where people file their paperwork. You know, I think, look, having gone through this, I know in my mind I have said to myself or even to my partner at the time, let's just get through Christmas. Let's just get through the holidays, and then we'll tell everyone. Then we'll make the announcement.
Speaker 1: You know what other people say, let's just get through the high school graduation, let's just get the kid off to college. I mean, there are all kinds of reasons to you very exact point, And yes, I've been guilty of it.
Speaker 2: As well.
Speaker 3: A lot of times you do it for other people, not even for yourselves. But you're thinking, I don't want to. I don't want to upset everyone's Christmas.
Speaker 2: I don't want to. I want to give my kids one last good holiday. You know you do it.
Speaker 3: But so the first of the year obviously a renewal for so many people. And I say, sadly, we see breakups being announced, but they've been in the works, probably for.
Speaker 2: A long time.
Speaker 3: That's the truth of the matter. We don't know if that is specifically relatable or applicable to Matt and Rachel, but certainly I can just speak from personal experience that that does make a lot of sense. And I say sadly because it's not always sad. Sometimes it's long overdue. Sometimes it's what's needed. You have to have a breakdown to have a breakthrough, and it's the only way forward if you're not going to be in a relationship that's loving and hopeful and joyful and at least you know, the best thing you can do a lot of times is to part ways.
Speaker 1: And so I know what you're saying, Yes, that there are relationships that all of us have had have ended that we know we're in a better place for it. It's still in the moment. Sucks and it's hard and it hurts, and and Rachel are going through and I to have to. I'm sure some planning went into that statement. When to put it out, how to draft it. I'm sure they come to some came to some agreement about the statement and what it was going to say, and who was going to put it out. And I think you said, she has not right. She put something out, but she didn't know that was months ago. A month.
Speaker 3: The last anything that Rachel has put on social media as far as I can tell, was Instagram on December fifth, which was Matt's birthday, and it was a loving, glowing I read it earlier account of their relationship and her excitement for what was yet to come. And so we have not heard from her at all, and maybe we will.
Speaker 2: Maybe we won't.
Speaker 3: I can only speak from the experience that I've had, and they're going to need some time, and.
Speaker 2: They're going to be getting a.
Speaker 3: Lot of calls, a lot of texts, and probably unfortunately a lot of paparazzi surrounding them once you make an announcement like this. They obviously had to prepare to probably lay very low for a while.
Speaker 1: And I hope so, because that's the last thing you need right now. I just hope he's And I mentioned what can be done. This is a situation, and I'm we've talked about it if you listened on the podcast here. But Matt showed up. He was a guy that showed up for me when you and I robes first were going through our hell of having our relationship exposed before we were ready to let everybody know what was going on in our personal lives, and it was awful that it was some really, really dark days, and Matt was one who showed up for me and wouldn't just let me ignore his texts. He wouldn't, he wasn't pushy. But Matt was one who stayed consistent as a friend through that. And he was absolutely the first friend I saw after it all went down. They went and met and had Mexican had margarite, and I can still remember that lunch and where we sat and how it went. But he was the first person that I reconnected with and saw after it all went down. And so he has, as you know, been a guide and a help and somebody I leaned on through it all over the past couple of years and through that, and now we're all bonded in this odd way of public relationship, public scrutiny, and we can talk to him, and we've been able to over the years in a way I think probably nobody else could understand and talk to him in a way that we probably don't with anybody else.
Speaker 3: You know what's interesting The first time on a personal level that I hung out with Matt James, because we have interviewed him, we had interviewed him multiple times for his bachelor run on Good Morning America. But I was actually just thinking the first time I met him on a personal level was with you, TJ. And it was one of the very first pictures. He was cropped out. And I hate to even mention that publication that took our pictures. Yeah, but I won't.
Speaker 2: I won't mention.
Speaker 3: But he was with us when they made it seem like we were having some romantic meeting a nearby watering hole Good Morning America. I actually I forgot you know what I it was you and Matt were planning to meet there. It's a little little Irish pub next to the studios. You and Matt actually had plans to hang out, and I believe I crashed your party. I was like, hey, I have some time to kill can I can I show up too? So I think y'all had some time by yourselves first, and then I was like.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's me.
Speaker 3: And so the three of us had the best time sitting at that corner, right at the bar there, and the whole time there had been a photographer there that we were completely unaware of that was taking our pictures and failed to mention the fact that it was actually a date with you and Matt.
Speaker 2: You know what that is.
Speaker 1: So remember that I know exactly what you're talking about now. But that picture was used against us to show, hey, look at these two having their little Rondevus and whatnot. That picture was taken after Matt left five minutes earlier because he had somewhere to be, and we were about that. We were there for about two hours yep. An hour and fifty five of it was with Matt James, and they only put the pictures up were us leaving, just the two of us.
Speaker 3: And I forgot about that, and we had a laugh with Matt about it afterwards when it all came out when we were able to laugh, which took quite a while.
Speaker 1: It look they cut you out.
Speaker 3: I mentioned you were there the entire time, but they'll make it look like something else, of course.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but we bonded over all of that.
Speaker 3: You know, being in that sort of that lens of scrutiny constantly and the truth being completely manipulated, which happened to us obviously quite often and to anyone who's in the public eye. But he definitely was a part of all of that, and we talked about it immensely, and I just feel for him because we both know, and he knows, and Rachel knows that the next couple of days and weeks are probably going to be pretty rough, not just personally but publicly.
Speaker 1: That you have to consider that is knowing what they're going through with the breakup, just thinking the other part that we know they're having to go through is just it's unfortunate. And Rachel is a I told you that I've only been around her twice. I think once was a wild fun night. It was his book release party.
Speaker 3: Left You left, actually a gathering that I was at to go hang out with them. I remember it very very long. Yes, I was trying to get you to stay. You're like, I got a place to be.
Speaker 1: So it was a book launch party, and I mean so that was I had been covering her and that story about the bachelor and the breakup and the controversy for so long that that was the first time. And she is delightful, She's sweet, she's bubbly, she's sincere. I found her to be. I owe her at Martini. I've been telling her I was gonna make her a Vesper for the long time. He's a Martini girl. But it was to see them and to see her and to see them at peace was really really great.
Speaker 2: And look, this.
Speaker 1: Could be the best thing for everybody else. Yeah, they're great things ahead. Who knows where their lives might end up down the road. Who knows this the very very end or just the end for now? We don't know that. But it's hard in this moment to think that somebody's better off after a relationship. We both know how that turns out, and oftentimes, and more often than not, I would even argue it ends up being for the best. But when you're sitting in our position, all of our position, looking at two people who are young, have their lives ahead, who are in love to think that it is ending, it's hard to see. Okay, this is probably for the best right now. It's just sad and it hurts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've always taken solace.
Speaker 3: I've had several people say this to me in recent years, but it did give me some comfort that there's no there shouldn't be any regrets about any relationship, because relationships come either for a reason, a season, or a lifetime, and they're all of value because they all teach us something. We all learn something from every single relationship we've been in, whether they were good, bad, or sad, or all of the above, a mix of all of the above. We learned something from them and we needed them for whatever reason at the phase of life we were in. And so to not think of something as a waste of time or regret, but instead a period of time where you needed to learn something and grow from something.
Speaker 2: And perhaps that's what this is.
Speaker 1: It's wild if you were saying, wow, he's just the update, or you realize he's thirty three, right, so wow, I didn't realize he was that old because he was twenty eight when we met. Yeah, right, all of us. He was a twenty eight year old on The Bachelor. She was a twenty four.
Speaker 3: Years Yeah, they'rey young, young, young, young young young. Look, we know we got married at twenty three, but both of us, you know, and you know your your wide eyed and your your bride eyed and bushy tailed, and look, Matt, I never had the opportunity to meet Rachel. It just she was always in a different every time we all tried to get together, she was always in another state or another country. So it was it wasn't for lack of trying. She's just a very busy girl, shit with the weddings and.
Speaker 2: Her lifestyle brand and just still in Georgia. Yeah she was the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she wasn't here any and Matt was living here in New York, so it was very easy to hook up and with him and see him and oh my gosh, I've run into him on the running path on the West Side Highway multiple times, multiple times, Like it's so funny.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a it's a big city.
Speaker 3: You could run at any point during the day, and it just seemed like we kept syncing up with him. It was it was I love I love those run ins, and I hope for more. But he is just look every one has depth and different sides of their personality. But if I could sum up Matt James, it is just joy personified. He is such a positive energy and spirit about him. And I'm sure that people would say the same about Rachel. But I just I know he's going to be okay, and I know that he wouldn't have Neither one of them would have made this decision lightly, and he certainly wouldn't have gone to Instagram to announce a breakup if it wasn't something that had been long considered and thought out. I mean, they both know this isn't something that they could just like, oh we're on, we're off, or on or off. That's not I don't believe that's who they are or who he is necessarily. But I hope that this is a beginning. I mean, I guess you have to have an end to have a beginning, and I hope this soon becomes a beginning a new beginning for them.
Speaker 1: But folks, if you if you do have the urge to speak, to say something, to type something on social media today about Matt and Rachel, about anybody you know, take a chance to maybe give them a virtual hug if you can that will peel. Be plenty of people out there already talking about I knew anyway, I told you so it wasn't real, and then want to bring up the controversy in a negative way and take some type of shot. Just resist the urge to do so. Today, some folks who are very near and dear to us and we consider very very good people that are worth rooting for, are hurting right now, and we will check on them. But if you're able to in your own way, support them, support somebody today instead of tearing them down when they're having a bad moment, take an opportunity to do so.
Speaker 2: I love that. What's the first thing we're going to do? You tease that before we went into the break.
Speaker 1: Well done it already picking up the phone today And it's what he did and so many other people did for me, which is just checking on you. We're here. Don't expect a response back, don't need a response back. Just need you to know that we are thinking about you and we are here. And sometimes that's all it takes. Because I can test that that message coming my way from several people when we were going through a bit of our hell was valuable. So that's the extent of it today. And I don't need to harass or chase them down or anything else, but just he needs to know that we're here, and I hope a lot of you out there that's all sometimes somebody needs. So we appreciate you taking some time and listening and engaging with us on a relationship that has been in the headline for a long long time. And it's going to be a lot of headlines out there in the coming days as well. So my love, Amy Roboc, let me declare here publicly that I love you and we are still going strong, and I still want to marry you. And so the headlines next week about us will come to the shop to people.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: I love you too, and I want to marry you, and I love what you just said. I think that we can take these moments and we can be sad, but we can also have that serve as a reminder to be kind, because, as you always say, Tej, everybody is going through something. We're just more aware of it about others sometimes because of the public nature of this world. But just keep that in mind as you go about your day to day. I love that, and this is said in a special moment, to remember that