Speaker 1: Sprinkles of kwan, Let's play ball.
Speaker 2: Welcome in everybody a Leading Off right here on Fantasy Pros. It is me Joey p Joe Piezapia and we're happy to have here again on Leading Off sponsored by Bett MGM. And my host today is the Mayor, Mike Mayor, who really supports this entire show. I'm just a sham, I am just a front man. Mike Mayor basically powers this entire program, in this entire Fantasy Pros site. It seems like this week too, with our boss off, so Mike Mayor doing double duty.
Speaker 1: He's hosting, He's doing.
Speaker 2: Lots of things, and very successful with that because he called get another home run, right, you've got two on the board.
Speaker 1: I have zero.
Speaker 2: Still I started off slow last year, so this kind of feels like maybe I'm just the guy who doesn't like the month of April. But Mike Mayor, it's great to have you back on the program today, my friend, how are you?
Speaker 3: It's great to be back.
Speaker 4: And like you're saying, I didn't remember, I didn't realize when I agreed to do the show this week that my boss would be off this week. And so I'm regretting that decision a little bit right now, but.
Speaker 3: Happy to be here.
Speaker 4: And I may power like the stats behind the show, but I know I can just put whatever I want in this sheet and you're just gonna run with it anyway.
Speaker 3: You don't even have to look. You're like Ron Burgundy.
Speaker 1: You'll just like go yeah, oh, yeah, oh. I will totally read whatever's in the show sheet, right or wrong. I just take it. I just assume it's correct.
Speaker 2: By the way, you have one fan here, Riley Hoffin says, hell, yeah, it's Mayor So obviously your cousin, So.
Speaker 4: Kiley is also the power behind the dingerbot in the discord.
Speaker 2: Ah well, Riley, you just went up with just one small tick. Then, in my book, also small is finally we get some good baseball advice for payre oh Man. This is a tough crowd. By the way, today we're gonna go through our home run calls. Well, later we got some props for you. We're gonna talk dfs too. It's a very weird slate on Fan Duel today. The way they broke it up. It's we'll get to that later. But let's art with some of the good things that we saw last night. And if you listened to us yesterday and you were on draftings and you paid Hazu's Lozardo along with Alex Cobb, like mayor, I think we did okay last night with that pairing. What do you think of those two guys performances last night?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did really well.
Speaker 2: I don't have you can't get you can't get analysis like that anywhere, folks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they did really well. Like I was trying to think of, yeah, you know they're they're good, They're good at baseball. Lizardo is I don't think I have any Lizardo shares. I do have some Cob shares because I wanted to get some of that Giants magic. And of course his velocity is already up, so he was like sitting at ninety five last night, you know, just with whatever the Giants do to like make these you know, these pictures better. And he had some good metrics, which which makes sense is why the Giants like went after him the off season. And then Lozardo is just a wild card, so yeah, he was going for because of how he finished last season. He was going richer for my you know, too early for my taste in some drafts. I don't have any Lizardo shares. I do have some cop shares, but twelve Trikkuds for Lazar, ten for Cobb.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty good night, very nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got Kabba sitting on my bench in my home league this week, So there you go.
Speaker 3: Good stuff.
Speaker 1: But that's okay, that's okay because I.
Speaker 2: Well, it's hard. I've got Schureser, Verlander, Hunter Green in that league.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 3: Good that you can't.
Speaker 1: The team is so good. I was like, I can't sit Max Scherzer for Alex Cobb.
Speaker 2: So we'll see how it goes. We'll see things go. All right, let's get some of the headlines from last night. We'll start with you Darvis shortest outing of his career versus the Giants last night, and that same guy the game with Alex Cobb. So first off with the Diamondbacks was great, all right, you know, no hits there for six things, and then yesterday one in two thirds, nine earned runs.
Speaker 1: Is this a great opportunity to go buy you, Darvish everywhere? I think it is?
Speaker 3: What do you think I think it is?
Speaker 4: I'd be a little scared. And you know, after that first start against the Diamondbacks. You know, everyone was kind of like, you know, is this him locked in or is this just the Diamondbacks? And you know, since we're gonna stream against the Diamondbacks every game pretty much this entire season, and it was probably a little bit of both, and a little bit of both. Yesterday was about like as bad as he has looked ever. I think I saw it was like the shortest start of his career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh, you know, look for you, Darvish. I know he's no that year older, but he's done this before and in early bad starts. Don't worry me. That's not something. As long as the health is fine, that's the only thing. And yeah, it should scare you. But scared money don't make money. You gotta go in there.
Speaker 1: You gotta try, especially in a pitching marketing.
Speaker 3: Scared money don't make.
Speaker 1: It's a saying. But you could pretend I just made it up.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 2: Also say as Azuki, I didn't make this up. He went deep twice yesterday through four games, getting four to seventeen with three home runs, eight Ribby's four walks.
Speaker 1: He looks great.
Speaker 2: But I always caution everybody whenever you have somebody come over. In fact, earlier today I had was on Matt Williams show, Friend of Ours, Friend of the program here, and we're talking about Suzuki, and I was talking about, well, you know, if you remember when Marcus Thames came back over from playing in the international leagues, he came back and he was a house on fire and then you found, as you know, the problems he had. I remember Kasmat Tsui getting off to a great start. Look, Suzuki might be better than all those guys. But I think the point I'm trying to make is this run that he's having here is great, but I expect his best run to be at the front of the season where people are still new and they're just gonna challenge him with fastballs. Yes, it's a good matchup against the Pirates. Sure, we like where things are going with all that, But when he faces better pitching and there's more of a book on him, I start to worry.
Speaker 1: So I'll put this to you. What do you think of Suzuki what you've seen so far?
Speaker 2: Are you buying in or is this another guy too perfectly sell high candidate in terms of what he's doing so far? Maybe it's not sustainable.
Speaker 4: I think you can kind of say yes to all of those things I am buying in. I am a little concerned I would I don't. I mean, I'm sure I would sell high depending on what the offer would be. But I'm kind of the opposite. I'm happy that he started strong because of the worry is that, you know, he comes up when he struggles immediately and he just looks lost. He's at least proving he can handle major league pitching, even if they adjust to him. He kind of showing that he can do this for now, and he looks fantastic.
Speaker 1: He does.
Speaker 2: He does, there's no doubt about that. All right, let's move on to another one here. Who else looks fantastic? How about my boy Louis Robert? So Welsh is gone because he doesn't get you know, he's gone the day that I take my victory lap on Louis Robert, who's got four stolen bases so already on this year. That's the thing. My bold prediction was a thirty thirty year from Robert. He's got four steals already. I'm loving this, and who knows, maybe off.
Speaker 1: To a good start with the MVP. What are your thoughts on Louis Robert Homer and stole two bases yesterday. Not too shabby.
Speaker 2: He's got a three seventy five average and oh a ten thirty seven ops. What are your thoughts on early Robert that we've seen so far in a week.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: I'm also in an auction league with our good friend Dan Harris, and it's like a semi keeper league where you have to like keep people and then you have a salary and decide whether you want to extend them and stuff. I made one of the worst baseball decisions of all time when I extended Kristin Yelich for.
Speaker 3: Forty four dollars out of two hundred dollars budget. So that was horrible.
Speaker 4: But I do have Luise Robert very excited, especially about the four stolen bases. He's leading the league in stolen bases. Like you said about some other players, health is going to be the concern, you know, is he going to stay healthy for a full season? And what does a full season from Louise Robert look like? And also you mentioned Welsh's off for today for your Louise Robert Victory lab, He's also off after an zero for five Byron Bucks to day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I noticed that.
Speaker 2: It's kind of kind of an odd timing with all of that, but I'll be sure to bring that up to him. I'll be sure to sip my tea when I do in my little Star Wars mug that I've got today.
Speaker 1: Look he's he's a one.
Speaker 2: Of those forest stormtroopers with the speeder bikes. That's what I got today.
Speaker 1: But also somebody.
Speaker 3: Fun things Where you are.
Speaker 2: I do I you know what, you sit here in the office all day. You need a little bit of whimsy, That's what I say. So I've got a little I got my Star Wars months. I've got one too, where you pour it in there and all of a sudden, like all the lightsabers light up. That's pretty cool. Let's take some questions for the peanuts and crackerjacks. Here's a good one from mister Freeze. I'm in a twelve man category league with two keepers. Just got offered a trade where I received Wander Franco and Shane Bieber for trade Turner and Luis Severino. Your thoughts, Mike Mayor on this one. While I set my tea.
Speaker 3: I think I would take it. I'm not as high on Wander Franco.
Speaker 4: I always feel like I say his name weird as others, but Treya Turner, at least.
Speaker 2: Because you put a question mark at the end of it, Wonder Franco Franco Frank I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah I would.
Speaker 4: I would take this just because like, Franco plus Bieber is more value than Turner plus Severino. Even though I like Turner more and I'm not as high on Franco as others.
Speaker 2: I agree, I am high on Wander Franco, and I say it with authority, no question marks in my voice.
Speaker 1: Wanda Frankel. But yeah, I think that combination is a better combination.
Speaker 2: As much as I like trade Turner, You've got many more years ahead, I think of Wander Franco. We got like a decade of Wander Franco coming up, at least the race things. So that's why they game all that money. Trey Turner, what you got another three four years?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 2: I mean, if you can keep them forever, I mean, that's a wonder Franco's such a star, all right.
Speaker 1: He also is a star.
Speaker 2: Stephen Kwan when a new segment we like to call your Daily Kwan, So Stephen Kuan has yet to have a swing and miss through one hundred and fifteen pitches that he's seen so far through Tuesday's games.
Speaker 1: You know, this is the lost art form of contact. And I like this. I like what Stephen Kwan brings to the table. I know he's got a ceiling.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's a ten to ten guy at best, But I think if you're in a points league and you picked up Stephen Kwan, I think you just ride this train as long as it lasts. But what do you think about this Stephen Kwan run. It's the best first year run I saw on MAB network since Jay Bruce, who is not necessarily a big contact guy, which was kind of ironic, but one of the streakiest guys you'll ever see in baseball, Right, Like remember the Jay Bruce months where he'd look like at MVP and then months where you're like, are they gonna send this guy down?
Speaker 1: But Stephen Kwan, I mean, I keep saying in Points league to ride this wave and.
Speaker 2: Rodo I get maybe he's kind of capped in a certain degree, but he's gonna give you a batting average. So what do you make of the early Kwan We talked about with Welsh yesterday, but I want to get the Mike Mayer take on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean Welsh made a lot of good points. I feel like he was a little bit too Debbie down there on Kwan. But like you said, like home run steals, you're probably not gonna get a ton of either one. But I mean batting average and just like putting the ball in play right now, I mean, who knows how long this is gonna gonna go for and if the guardians excuse me, kind of like fall off. Maybe he does run a little bit more, Maybe he does steal fifteen bases, because those bad teams tend to let their runners run a little bit more because you know who cares. So like I mean, there, we have a lot of players, especially like this season, it seems like that are going to be kind of like boom or bust, like power guys with low average. If you can sprinkle in a quan there and kind of like build a perfect player with two players with you know, with his average and you know, maybe run some runs and stolen bases.
Speaker 3: Take it. Let's have some fun and ride the magic.
Speaker 1: I like to sprinkle in some quan wherever I can. Oh, go Quan sprinkle never.
Speaker 3: Never last year, by the way, and show Hey now this year we have the Daily kwand we did.
Speaker 1: Have today in show Hey. Now it's your Daily Kwan, which I kind of like.
Speaker 3: I like the Quan.
Speaker 2: He always reminds me of Jerry maguire when people getting juniors talking about the Kwan. I don't know if it's the same spelling or not, but whatever, it's fine. Let's go to Joe's Tough Guys. And again this Tough Guys is you know, this crosses all genders and all platforms here, so I don't want to get into a pronoun argument here. But Alyssa Naked became the first female coach to take an on the field appearance in a major league game yesterday, So congratulations to Alyssa.
Speaker 1: That's huge.
Speaker 2: It's very important the women in baseball. We saw earlier a couple weeks actually last week, not a couple weeks. You know, last week we saw the Yankee manager. It's just it's great to see baseball becoming more encompassing, more inclusive, and it's great to see the women in coaching in the NFL and in Major League Baseball. I think it's fantastic. You're seeing the NBA, You're seeing all over the place, so it's great. So congratulations to Alyssa Naken. Also Alec Boom because I'm gonna go back here because if you're watching the Mets game last night, and I was, Alec Bohm came up and pinch hit and got a standing ovation from the crowd. However, I do want to mark I'm pretty sure fifty percent of it was sarcastic.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm.
Speaker 2: I was watching the faces of the people, and I saw some people like that's our guy. And then I saw a bunch of other people who had probably been in South Philadelphia for a few hours before the game showing up and going.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah like that. So you take it for what it's worth.
Speaker 2: But either way, it's I guess better to be sarcastically applauded than not applauded at all. God knows I'm sarcastically applauded every single day, so good for him. Fun facts Albert Poohos hit his six hundred and eightieth home run last night. Such a feel good story. Him being back in Saint Louis makes me feel more warm and fuzzy, and my Tom tum I like it. Wan So to his hundredth home run last night, and Max Schrzer makes his four hundredth career start today against the Phillies, so that should be a good one. Nola and Sures are going head to head. Let's talk about the sat heroes. Mayor ty Lowell, Tylor McGill, Taylor McGill, five and a third five K's who needs Jacob de Gram That's all I say. I mean, we have Tyler McGill. So what do you make of him right now? I mean, because to me, this is a dude that's gonna make twenty starts, probably at least the way the Spen's rotation is set up, I think there's a really good chance that's going to happen. Hlosi's up high. He's a big, strong kid. Showed you last year he belonged in the big league, showed you a good demeanor on the mound. Showalter seems to love him, has nothing but great things to say about him. So what do you make of the early success for Tyler the Terrible?
Speaker 3: I'm very intrigued. I was not in.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I was not in on McGill. Like coming into the season, I was kind of like, you know, like pooh pooing him. And then I watched, like you, I watched that start yesterday and it was impressive, despite his like really strange wind up where he just stands there and like takes like just like turns to the side and then and then throws like he's gone out of the stretch. He talked a little bit about he kind of like he studied other pictures, like other like large people, large human beings like him, and learned how to gain more velocity. And it looked like he's not like one of those pitchers who's like really trying to like reach back and you know, throw gas.
Speaker 2: Got good mechanics, very repeatable, easy mechanics is what I look at, like I usually throwing.
Speaker 3: Gas, and it looks good he does.
Speaker 2: And I think, you know, whenever you're around Shureser and de Gram and those guys and those kind of pitching minds, it's hard not to get better. I feel like, I mean, I think I kind of felt like watching Chris Bassett too is like another notch for Chris Bassett that I haven't really seen in Oakland. And that first start with the Mets, I know it was on the first start. I know was the Nationals, but still I just got a little excited about it.
Speaker 4: And it was a good juxtaposition to Zack Wheeler, whose velocity was down yesterday.
Speaker 2: Now, Wheeler's a guy that I've been off, and you know that I dropped him significantly in the rankings going into the season. Anytime somebody whispers about a shoulder or anything, I'm out. I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear the whispers. I don't want them in my head. I don't want them on my team. No good, no bueno. So keep an eye on that. Start making plans. Hey Zu's Lozardo, Hey Zeus. Twelve k's no decision. As the Angels, we crushed that one. We crushed Alex Cobb. Matt Brash, we didn't give enough love to yesterday. He may his major league debut against the White Sox. Six k's for him. Who would you have rest of season Matt Brash or Jesu's Lizardo.
Speaker 3: That's a tough one. Indeed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd probably roll the dice on Lizardo, but I would not do so confidently because he scares me.
Speaker 3: Because that badar is still in there. Somewhere there's.
Speaker 1: There's good Lozardo this bad Lizardo.
Speaker 2: I worry about the limitations on both, but I feel like Lozardo has less because I don't know, Marlins have less to prove. Like whatever, you want to go pitch today, Okay, go pitch.
Speaker 3: I got off in run support too.
Speaker 1: That is that is also true.
Speaker 2: But you know, also it's it's not gonna be fun going up against the Angels for Brash and going up against the Astros too. Not that the East is all that easy either, but it's certainly close.
Speaker 1: It's very close.
Speaker 2: So you uh yeah, if you're in Peanuts and Crackerjacks, tell me who you want. You want Jesus Lozardo or do you want Matt Brash? Give your justifications, put it in the comments, and if you're watching the video, make sure you smash the like button. Please again. I need the support on a daily basis. If I don't get a certain number of likes, I get very down. It's a very dark place. It's no good. I need your likes. It helps out. And make sure you subscribe to Fantasy Pro's MLB channel because we're every single day at noon taking you through Major League baseball, so we have JP.
Speaker 1: He likes Hayesus.
Speaker 2: I'm also a big fan of Hajesus from or that Jesus as it were, from Big Lebowski. One of my favorite characters ever, one of the funniest characters ever. Although I never saw the standalone movie. Did you ever see the Lebowski standalone movie about that John Tatero character? I never saw it?
Speaker 1: Is it any good?
Speaker 4: I've never seen that. There's a movie other than The Big Lebaski about the Labata there is.
Speaker 2: They made it just about his character, but I don't know anybody who've seen it if you've seen it.
Speaker 1: Also Peanuts and Crackerjacks.
Speaker 2: So far, Lozardo's SEMs to be winning in this unofficial poll that we've running. Right now, Let's go to some of the hitters who are good. Marcelo a Zuna two dingers last night, say a Suzuku you mentioned he had two. Sal Perez had two. Everybody went double dong last night. Of course I wish I called one of those guys.
Speaker 1: I did not.
Speaker 2: Tyler Naquin also two for three. He's a guy that got a lot of shares of in the leagues, just cheap. Tyler Naquin, Jose Ramirez at a big day with the home run six Ribies, Ozzie Albi's a home run three for five, and Cedric Mullins a home run in for RBI. So there you go. You like that, Mayor, you feel good about that.
Speaker 4: I was not feeling good about Cedric Mullins because he was struggling until last night. I don't think I have any shares in so many leagues. I don't think I have any shares, just because I was a little nervous about like the Cedric Mullins price tag after what he did last year, because he was being priced for just what he did last year, not like any kind of discount, and so that made me a little nervous. So I don't have any shares. But he looks good.
Speaker 2: Naw Waukee Penguin, says Lozardo in redrafts brash in other formats. That's probably She's always the voice of reason here on the show. Also, are the balls juiced again? She wants to know, Mayor, you need to do some investigative journalism in your free time.
Speaker 1: Do you have any free time?
Speaker 2: And this is this is the kind of journalism that got you that check mark isn't it.
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the work you have to do if you want the little check that I have on the screen right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even want it anymore, so that I don't I don't care. I don't care.
Speaker 2: All right, let's give you because there's seventeen. That's why there's only one other one. And I'm clearly more famous, or at least more Twitter famous than him. But whatever, team, let's get to the stat zero's you, Darvish, Patrick Corbin so much for a good spring?
Speaker 1: Six earned runs? Gross terrible?
Speaker 2: Uh, Daniel Lynch not good? Six earned runs from him? Show you o Tani four for twenty five go buy him everywhere? Byron Buckston, oh for five, three strikeouts. I recognize that guy. Mitch Hanniger also off to a slow start in the year. He's over five with two k's cold Wong big oh for five four. Lots of golden sombreros last night. Lots of hat tricks, that's for sure. The strikeout community. Rehyese Hoskins also off to a little slow start. A slow night for Vlad too. Also, Jared Kellnick won for fifteen to nine ks to start the season. Kirl Off he goes to the IL. I believe we saw that right, hitting just a buck fifty nine, so that's not great. Bobby Wood Junior hitting one hundred under five games. I'm not worried about Bobby Whitt. I'm not worried about kirol Off. I am worried about Kellenick. I felt like Kelnick should have started the year in Tripa a build up his confidence, then let him come back up.
Speaker 1: I didn't like starting him in the big leagues to start things. I'm worried.
Speaker 2: I'm concerned birth short term and long term. Here's my plan. I want to know what you think of it. I think he's gonna be one of the most dropped guys in April. I don't trade for him unless it's a dynasty keeper thing. You want to take a shot. That's fine in redraft leagues. Just wait for everyone to drop him, then add him to the bench and speculate that way. What are your thoughts on Kellennick's early struggles, Mare.
Speaker 4: I'm concerned too, because I was buying in this offseason, like last year was gross. He did finish I don't even want to say strong, because he didn't finish like that strong, but like comparatively strong to how much he struggled over the summer.
Speaker 3: He finished strong.
Speaker 4: I was hoping, like being know, a full off season, full spring training, which we didn't get, that he would look a little bit better. I still believe in the talent, and I'm you know, I'm still gonna like like you said, I'm not going to trade for him, but if he gets dropped, I'm going to pick him up. I have him in TGFBI, which isn't great in a big, deep late league like that. Nothing I can do there. Like I said on our Points mock draft a few weeks ago, this is kind of my worry with Bobby witt In like in non points leagues, but in points leagues, I'm completely fine because I figured this was going to happen. Kiroll Off, I have a ton of shares of and I'm concerned because not only did he struggle, but he's back to the IL and that was kind of what happened last year with the wrist.
Speaker 1: YEP it is. It's no good. Kirol Off was one of those guys.
Speaker 2: So I took his like a utility guy, a little first base, lat outfield, kind of move him around. Don't like it By the way. Thanks JP, stepped up here. The Jesus role is the name of the movie with John Taturo, and uh, if you're a John Taturo fan, he says, it's got some moments and I am so might have to check that out at some point.
Speaker 1: Thanks JP. See I love my Peanuts and Cracker Jacks always getting the job done. Uh, here you go.
Speaker 2: Here's another question for you. Here a closer situation for the Red Sox. I've got Barnes, but I'm a little concerned as from Brent Cox, one of the Peanuts and Cracker Jacks.
Speaker 1: So mayor would your take on the Boston safe situation?
Speaker 3: You got one great, great question.
Speaker 4: I'm in I'm in a group text with our old friend too Much Tuma and Dan Harris, and we've been talking about this for days, especially because Tuma and I are both Red Sox fans and Dan is in like an expensive league, and he's like, should I pick you know, should I pick up Jake Deekman? What's coming up with Matt Barnes. And the answer is, I have no idea. I think they want Matt Barnes to like take the job and have that job. He struggled. I mean first half last year, Matt Barn's is the best closer and basse second half, which you know is a little concerning because it's also when they started like cracking out on sticky stuff. He was like one of the worst relievers in baseball, and he got an extension, and I think they still want him to take the job. I don't think he's yet to pitch this year because he's been out with the back injury or whatever it is. He's not on the il, but he's been injured. And then you saw a Deacman get a save, Garrett Whitlock, who was just threw four innings yesterday of no hit balls or I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna say four good innings too, And I've got him as an RP and a lot of spots in deeper leagues too.
Speaker 1: I like I like Whitlock's arms.
Speaker 4: So I think it'll be Barnes, but it's also going to be probably he might not be like a real closer. He might just be like the head of the committee unless he lose ahead of.
Speaker 1: I think you should do is you got this is like one of those bullpens.
Speaker 2: I actually want to have all the guys, you know, some of the Bullpen's is not worth investing in all the guys.
Speaker 1: This one might be because well because if.
Speaker 2: The other, if Whitlock becomes the guy, I think he'd be very good. You know, if the pivot guy is also very good potentially, then have a guys. If the pivot guy is a big downgrade, it's just a pivot, then I'm not so concerned with it. Today's Slate, We've got something very exciting too, because at twelve thirty five, right after the show's over, Nick Lodolo is going to make his major league debut. Hunter Green came out throwing gas that first one Lodolo, the left handed version of him. I'm shocked that he's up here in this shurly making starts. But then again, I guess I shouldn't be at Cincinnati. What are your expectations for Lodolo? And are you a Lodolo guy or a Hunter Green guy? I'm a Green guy, But what's Mike.
Speaker 4: Mayor if I'm picking between the two, I'm a Green guy just because I mean, have fun.
Speaker 3: And see how fun did he looked the other day? It's super digits. I do like a Lodolo, though everybody.
Speaker 2: Likes a little you know what, I like a little kwan on my Lodolo's at a little sprinkle of the kwan on there. All right, let's talk about the home run leader board, which makes me upset right now. Up in Adam lawnmower Man four point four, love that name, and JP, who I've got much props for today, so I'm actually happy about this. This is a good peoples here, especially JP. He's helping me out with that movie question. They're all up to three home runs out of the gate.
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 2: JP jumped up from two home runs thanks to Sal Perez. That's all you need that double dong night so far up and Adams up at the top with three, lawnmower Man, JP, Mike Mayer up there with two, so that's disconcerting. I need to get on the board in the worst way before we get to our home run calls.
Speaker 1: In DFS.
Speaker 2: I want to talk to you about the prop market because I do have a couple of things on my radar for today.
Speaker 1: And of course, if you're going to make some.
Speaker 2: Wagers, head over to bet MGM, the King of Sports Books, because the King's got an amazing offer for you. All you got to do is use that promo code leading off. That is the promo code. Download the bet mgm app and you can bet ten dollars and went up to two hundred when you bet on any game, regardless of the outcome. When you register with bet mgm, you get instant access to a variety of parlay selections, features, live betting player props, boosted odds, and a whole lot more. But you can't get into the fun stuff without that promo code leading off. It's all one word leading off. So download that bet mgm app wherever you are if you're able to wager, and of course wager responsibly. I like my responsible wagers, and I've got some for you today that are responsible. I think we hit the k prop on Cobb yesterday too. I think we talked about that one memory serves. But let's talk about today, because today we've got Corbyn Burns right now. BETMGM six and a half is the number. Projections have him at eight point six y four over on the Fantasy pro side, so that's a differential over two.
Speaker 1: I love that one. I love for him to bounce back against that Baltimore lineup today.
Speaker 2: Give me all the Corbyn Burns. Austin Riley total bases is at one and a half on BETMGM. We've got him projected against Washington, who can't pitch at all, at two seventy five. Two point seventy five, I should say, and then Nadie Evaldi if indeed the weather works out here in this one. In a little tenuous situation there. We've already had one game canceled today with Saint Louis and Kansas City. But Nadi Evaldi's strikeout prop over on the fandul side five and a half. We're projected at six point three seven, So a little variance there. Detroit has some strikeouts in that lineup, but the Corbyn Burns one is the one I go to, and that right now you can get at minus one twenty eight. Not too bad, but again I think investible. Any props stick out to you or any feelings about some of the ones that I threw out.
Speaker 3: There, Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: And let me say I'm loving this Betting Pros Baseball prop bet sheet.
Speaker 3: I've been looking forward to this.
Speaker 2: Well. The prop bet cheat sheet at Bettingpros dot com is amazing.
Speaker 1: I go there and you know what it helps in the DFS.
Speaker 2: I too because you look at what the projections are and you can kind of see where things. It's for those of you who don't know, if you go to betting pros dot com or the Betting Pros app there's a little cheat sheet and every day it's got the variance between the numbers from the houses like bet MGM, and then the variance of the projection and the biggest ones at the best spot to get the best wager, and you just go right there and bet them right on the site. It's fantastic. So go ahead, there's my plug. Everyone's Andrew's very happy with me right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I was gonna say. I was looking at the basketball one like leading up to baseball season. I was like, this is really cool, but it's basketball and I'm not the biggest basketball guy, and I was like, I can't wait for the baseball So I've just been kind of like staring at it every morning since the season started. And the one at the top right now is Garrett Cole over five and a half strikeouts, And I like that they show you, like the the you know what the line is, what the best book is, the projection, and then what the difference is. So like the over under is five and a half, the projection is eight point twenty seven. So he's got the biggest difference in projection versus the line. And so like, I've just been like betting like all these.
Speaker 1: And I keep I said it last week.
Speaker 2: I said it actually all on the Sunday show too, on the TV show I do on Sundays on Sports Grid, I said, the k props are coming in like crazy.
Speaker 1: They're factoring too much.
Speaker 2: I think the lack of innings pictures are throwing instead of where Major League Baseball is right now in terms of the strikeout rate being extraordinarily high and the fact that pictures are typically ahead of hitters early in this season. That combination is far more important than the all this guy's only going to go five innings, I don't care. He's still gonna strikeouts six seven guys. You see how many last night five and a third right from Zarto or five innings from Cod.
Speaker 1: They get double digit ks from those guys. The k rates keep smashing those k props until further notice.
Speaker 2: I will give you the notice until then, smash away with me and do it with leading off again. That's one word, not two we're very economical here on bet MGM, go get some All right, let's talk about the slates for dfs, because they're so weird. You got a ton of day games, you got noon starts, you got games have already started, games are starting right after you got games every hour on the hour.
Speaker 1: It feels like today. So DK has a four game main slate.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna talk about that because FANDUL has chopped up the slates in such a weird way that it makes me make that face. I told you before that that John c Riley gift where he's got the big hair in the glasses.
Speaker 3: Huh. I think I pretty much did that.
Speaker 2: So that's gonna be that's an NFT right there. Somebody's gonna clip that. I know they are, I know my peanuts and Crackerjacks. That's gonna be up on discord later.
Speaker 1: So there you go. I you know, one more time, just in case, let's get to there.
Speaker 2: Don't encourage them there starting Pitcher picks Frankie Montas six point nine k over on DK love this one, same game against McClanahan. This is one of those rare instances where I think it's okay to go into the same game. I've done this before. I think you can do it because I think both offenses are a little lackluster and if you get one to come out with the victory and the other to come out with a quality start, then you've done pretty well. I continue to go to Corbyn Burdens in cash games tournaments. I like Mantas and I would say Robbie Ray at nine point four is another one you could pivot to also, again, just continue to check on that one. In terms of lineup builders for DraftKings today, Ty France four point two, I can not a lot of especially on this night slate tonight, not a lot of value to be had. Dylan Moore two point eight. Over for Seattle, those two guys Rodriguez three point four. Basically, if you go all in on Seattle, you get some you get a little bit of discount there. Stephen Piscatti at three k, Aaron Hicks a two point eight, not a lot of value, So you got to get Pittrick right. So either stay away tonight or play Burns or Ray in cash or instead pivot to the do the duo of Frankie Montas and Shane McClanahan. You could also mix and match Burns Montas, but I wouldn't get fancy here.
Speaker 1: Just keep it simple.
Speaker 2: That being said, let's keep it simple for the home run calls. Now, Mike Mayer, you selected somebody that I was thinking about. So now if he goes yard, I'm going to be super pissed tomorrow. Who is your guy? Who are you calling your shot with? Who's going yard?
Speaker 4: Well, now, I really want him to go yard if it's going to have the added benefit of upsetting you. So I'm going to go with Freddie Freeman against Chris Paddock and the Twins.
Speaker 3: The wind blowing out? Sign me up.
Speaker 2: All right, that's a good one. I love that wind blowing out. I'm gonna go with Pete Alonzo the Polar Bear. Let's go a little ballpark there. Aaron Nola can struggle at times, that's for sure. So I want to see my boy the Polar Bear go yard in this one. And if you want to make your home run calls, I'm telling you plenty of time to get on the board. We're just starting here in April. What was the number of the winner last year? Was in the forties, did we what do you remember that number?
Speaker 1: Off the top of your end, was it seven hundred coming?
Speaker 3: We still have it in the in the sheets, so I can look right.
Speaker 1: Now we do, I'll well look at that, do we really?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: For me?
Speaker 3: Our overall number so for all of us combined, was one and eighty two.
Speaker 1: Yes, But what was the winning number last year?
Speaker 3: We need number? Was Randy and Gokars tied at thirty six?
Speaker 1: Thirty six?
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought it was forty, so thirty six and I probably called.
Speaker 1: Thirty five just in my sleep.
Speaker 2: But whatever, h tonight again or today this afternoon, Alonso Freddie Freeman. If you want to get your home run calls in, you better do it soon. Go to Fantasypros dot com and look for the discord chat so it's Fantasypros dot com slash chat.
Speaker 1: That's how you join.
Speaker 2: And again to call the home runs, you have to have your premium membership ready, which is again it pays for itself. If you're playing in a lot of leagues, you want the premium membership anyway, because we've got the tools that help you manage all your leagues one spot. So you have to keep going back and forth to a million different apps all the time, set all your lineups, do all your things right from there, especially in those daily trans leagues too, and then on top of that, you get access to the home run contest stages with us and all those fun things. So that's Fantasypro dot Com slash Chat. And then you look for the home run call area, which is a little channel there. It says HR channel, not home run. It's home run. It's not a human resources just to be clear, that's a different channel that Mayor constantly drags me into because he makes complaints about me. Mayor, before we head out for the day, any final thoughts on this day of baseball, this slate that's basically all day baseball.
Speaker 1: Just take a day off work and sit around. What do you think?
Speaker 3: No, no final thoughts.
Speaker 2: Well great, I'm so glad you were here today. I can't wait for Welsh to come back tomorrow. So Byron Bucks can go zero for ten over that. So in the meantime, make sure you head over download that bet MGM app and use that promo code leading off when you do.
Speaker 1: That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Mayor. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Kids,