Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is leading off live and it is me Joey p joe pis Apia with me as always as the Welsh, and it's all of you, the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks here on our channel on twitch, Twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros. That's the place to be Monday through Friday. Good watch us noon Eastern, five days a week, and of course you can watch us on demand on the YouTube channel Fantasy Pros MLB. We just recorded our amazing MLB Draft special that's up on the channel. So all the new prospects that have comeing to Major League Baseball, we've broken them down for you. Also, we've got our live Q and a's very popular Wednesday. A lot of people showing up for the Q and a's on YouTube. So ring the belt to the cohos ding when you subscribe, and remember when you comment on this video and you're a subscriber and you like the video, you might just win yourself an opportunity for a one Gonzalez jersey. That's right, everybody, Juan Gonzalez, get in on this before it's going going one. You're welcome from Christine fuction dot com. That's the place where you can get all the cool jerseys, helmets, everything autographed and it's legitimate. Welsh, I like that crazy Fanatics guy. Am I right? Or am I right?
Speaker 2: I mean cross your fingers that it's legitimate. That's that is one of the wildest stories. As someone that loves memorabilia and has sat in loads of autograph signings and been with a reputable person I have. People didn't see it. A couple of days ago. I got a call about it. I shared a long story about it. Friend of the show, Justin Steele, was immediately on it. But there was one of the wildest stories that I think could end up being a Netflix documentary or on Hulu or something from an autograph dealer forgery spite half a billion dollars the biggest companies being forged, from Fanatics to Tom Brady to Aaron Judge and then some death at the end of it after being caught. It is one of the craziest crazy stories.
Speaker 1: H Yeah, so crazy stuff there. But we are authentic here on this program, so it's authenticated. Obviously, no baseball games to talk about from the last couple of days except the all Star Game, which you had some run scored, which is fun, had a fun ending. I didn't even realize that home run Everything, I'll be honest was a thing at the end.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I stopped watching. I'm not a big All Star guy. Like I watched a little bit of it to start, and then Bogman texts me, He's like, are you watching this? And I'm like, no, I'm not watching the end of the All Star Game? But then they did it in this amazing like home run off, which is super cool. Had I known that they should just do it every single year, I would be here for like, find a way to incorporate that to be the ending of the game. And I'm in, there's no chance I'm watching the seventh inning of the All Star Game that I want to hang around doing any of that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I typically don't watch it either, but I did catch that, and that was kind of fun. I was like, Oh, okay, Kyle Schwarber is hitting home runs everywhere. That's that's kind of fun. There are some news and notes to get to. Brandon Lao is feeling much better. Could even return today to the lineup we were talking about him doing with that side issue. I still think this is very delicate, be very careful about that. Sean Minaya is back on the mound two h so last time we saw him was pitching out of the bullpen. He was great. Think he stuged got seven guys, I want to say seven, not too shadby. He gets the reds in that first start. Tyler Glass now is going to be back on the hill today, so he is going to make a big start here. Bailey ober is going to start for Triple A on Friday, so he's working his way back and also back to Tampa for a moment. Joe Boyle is going to remain with the Rays in relief role. So Welsh, do you think that's a matter of continues to piggyback Rasmus in or do you think Boyle's just going to be straight up relief guy whenever they need him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they said it's a multi relief inning guy. So as far as what was out there publicly, Rasmussen is going to kind of go back to what he was doing five innings probably apphim at like eighty five pitches. So it's I think it's a definite possibility that someone like Boile could be a piggyback, but I don't think it's going to be an assured piggyback. They said multi inning relief role. So someone gets blasted or their bullpen is a you know, a little bit taxed or something like that, and you get a guy that goes five. You could put Boil in there to go. You might see like a three inning save or something from Boil. So it just I think it just kind of takes away from his fantasy value unless somebody gets hurt and he gets thrown back in multi inning relief looks like the plan.
Speaker 1: A huge star for Sandy al contrast today too, this is one against the Royals where he's got to get back on track. If he doesn't, that's a big problem for the trade stock. Like this is kind of like if you have this one good start, I don't want to put too much into it, but you know, this whole time, the velocity has not been the problem.
Speaker 2: It's been the field for pitching.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. If it's problems with the catcher, I don't know, if it's problems with him, I don't if it's a problem with everything, if it's mental, whatever it might be. At this juncture in the season. This is on of the you know, water get off the pop moment for the Marlins and Sandy al Contra, So I think all eyes are going to be on the start, especially the eyes of contending teams looking for starting pitching help.
Speaker 2: Who do you think has hurt their trade stock more Sandio Contra or Zach Gollan? Like like who is the worst trade asset?
Speaker 1: Who is worse?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like like who's in a worst spot? Al Contra or Zach Gallon because.
Speaker 1: He's returning from his major surgery.
Speaker 2: So I guess I didn't mean that. I meant more like like who is the most susceptible to not returning for maybe not getting moved because they're so bad? Like who's I guess who's just worse to use? Zach Gallen or al Contra? I don't know, man, that's tough.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 2: They both had their moments where they strung a couple starts together. Al Contra has strung a couple bad more bad ones than Gallon has recently. But they both had their moments, and they're both I.
Speaker 1: Think a Contra historically has been the more consistent pitcher, So if I I will say Gal is the worst of the two because I just look as a pitcher as a body of work. The durability of a contra before his injury, throwing two hundred innings every year, That's not something guys do nowadays. His efficiency with pitching saw Young Award like all that stuff. Like Gallon was very good, but our contra was great for a couple of years, and I think I would still give that to there.
Speaker 2: And like to your point, it is like our contra's like velos and stuff are still there where Gallan's lost like the fastball. Like, I agree, I think Gallen is the worst ass. I think he has less value. As Lee Old said in the chat, less value is attached to Zach Gallen right now. And I think our contra has at least another year too, So that's that changes the value perspective.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get to your questions in the chat. Keep dropping them in there. We're gonna have a lot of Q and A today on the program New Superman. Though Jerry was not a fan, Welsh, did you see the New Superman.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go see it today. I'm taking my kid to go see it today.
Speaker 1: We'll get your review.
Speaker 2: Thanks Jerry, Glad it sucks.
Speaker 1: I liked it. I didn't love it, but I liked it, and I think they did some good things with it. I think it was you know, get your popcorn, enjoyed a couple hours in the theater, and that's it. You know, it's not Marvel, you know, high end, you know, Civil War, it's not that like, it's not that kind of movie. It's not that good. But let's go to D's here. What are your latest thoughts on Bubba and Painter Welsh coming out of the All Star break? Who do we get first?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I actually think you could get Painter first, but I just don't think he has sustaining power right now, just because like Aaron Nola is theoretically going to be back pretty soon, that would move Tywan Walker to the bullpen. I'm a little torn on where Painter is. And obviously his performance has been a little eh Ies did a prospect short last week where it's just like, I'm still doing the Bubba thing. You know, he was really good for his last couple of starts. I just the manipulation thing. It's not about I think contractual years anymore. It's about can you get this guy to still be rookie eligible next year for a potential PPI like extra rookie pick. I just don't know if the Pirates are going to do that. It just seems so likely to get anyone to show up at that stupid stadium. The minute they sell Mitch Keller, Bubba comes up, they get people excited. I'm gonna say Bubba is the one I want to hold. Maybe Painter comes up first while we're waiting for Nola, but he has a sustaining power.
Speaker 1: Here's one from Dylan. Should I keep hanging on to Christian Walker and ti Oscar? I would yes, hang on to both of them. I know they've been disappointing. Ti Oscar too, like he started off pretty good and then kind of went in the tank. We talked about this. I think it was on the Q and a livestream, all this stuff. When Walker finally went on the ptturnity list. I think that was a big part of it. You know, when you move to a new team and your wife is pregnant and it's a new city and god knows what's going on there? Did she stay in the old place? I'm frozen? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: You're well you're you're catching up now. You frozen there first, all right, But.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking there was a lot going on with him per and I think that was a huge distraction for him. And now that hopefully everything's good here the baby's born, maybe things can be a little bit calmer here, But like that's a lot, very stressful thing depending on what's going on with the mom. Where was she Was she in Houston finding new doctors? Was she with her old doctors and the old place they used to live in Arizona? I mean, who knows. There's a lot of personal stuff, and we forget that. I think a Christian Walker set up for a good second half ti Oscar Nandez. I would hold onto both these guys in a ten team league, I get it, like in Nick kurtsis in the waiver wire, which I doubt on a ten team even now, I'll take Kurts over Walker.
Speaker 2: But I don't know what else you're flipping Walker for at this point. Yeah, I'm not even sure there's a big conversation of moving on from them. I actually did last night Bogman and I I think I mentioned this before our home league. I think we have one of the best home league structures out there. We play essentially two leagues the first half unto large All Star break. We play a roto league, then the champion is crowned. Then the winner of that league gets money and they get the first pick, and we play head to head in the second half. So it keeps people invest did blah blah blah. So we did our draft, our second half draft last night, and I mean, I'll say ta Oscar was way more of a target than Christian Walker, but both Fell and Nick Kurtz probably went six rounds before either one of those guys, So just throwing out there, Kurtz was like a fifth round pick. Walker was kind of an afterthought. Really, Fell, ta Oscar Hernandez was a guy that I was targeting, so if you can hold it, probably relatively hold. But ta Oskar's the one I value a little bit more. But you know, going into the All Star Break, Walker had been hitting three point fifty in July, but he still hadn't hit over two twenty three any month this entire season, So big second half might you know, come into play, especially as this team is pushing. But if I'm ranking them, it's ta Oscar and then it's Christian Walker.
Speaker 1: All right. Let's get to another question here from BD Fantasy philosophical question Falafful fantasy Falafful, I love fantasy, falaffe delicious. How many? How many guys from one team do you think is too many? I've got Bregman, Anthony, Duran Rafaela on one roster, debating if I should trade one. Look, if you know, if it's the twenty seven Yankees, Yeah, you want all of them. I think it depends on the team you're playing. I mean the rostering, I should say I want Bregman, I want Anthony. I think Dron is fine, Rafael is fine. I don't mind having all these guys on one roster. It stinks when the Red Sox have a bad day, but Red Sox are a pretty good offense. Rafaella is a guy you know, qualifies at multiple spots. And I think Roman Anthony's poys for a big second half. I think he's gonna end up being potentially Rookie of the Year in the American League. It really do if he carries that Red Sox team to the playoffs. Well, what are your thoughts on this? Philosophically speaking, when you have a lot of players on one roster. I don't mind it Welsh as long as they're the right players on the right roster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, falafel speaking is not football. This is not football. I had this thing I did a draft yesterday too in football where I was like, I think I Puka fell to me. Poka baseball might be like, what the hell are you talking about? Pooka fell in the first round of me. And then it was like the second or or no, it was the third round where DeVonta Adams is there. They're both on the same team, and I was like, you know, you get a little bit squeamish about it. It's just not the case in baseball unless those players were stinky. Those all were not. Two of those players I drafted in my second half draft. I took Alex Bregman, who you know, everybody kind of slept on forgot, and I took Roman Anthony. I took it really late, and I thought that was a steal. Rafaela was my bold prediction in a bold Prediction article that he's gonna have a monster second half. He's so fantasy underrated at this point. Deron's the only one that's just kind of like, you know, we're a little indifferent about. But as long as they are individually like good players, it doesn't matter for the team because you know the concept of football with a guy like Puka is, oh Puka takes away from Devonte Adams. They're sharing the same position and the you know, the ball goes and it's picking one of those two. It's not the case or Devanta Adams. It's not the case. In baseball, it's all in individualize. The only thing that we look from a team context is like, oh, this guy is a great power hitter, but everybody sucks around him and there's nobody on base for him to get RBIs. So they're just so individualized it just doesn't the team stuff doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: From Jay Goss four player keeper league, I'm stacked with pitching. Do I trade Sanchez for cavin Aro? I think that's a fair value. I mean keeper league, Christopher Sanchez, I assume Ldo Sanchez. Yeah, h absolutely, well, especially Cammon Arrow in a keeper league, that's the asset you want.
Speaker 2: Remember Sanchez, I do, I do, I love, I love he was one of those guys. Six Sanchez, Yeah, well, I mean he's still around.
Speaker 1: I think number six though, is he is he Sean Manaia, Yuri or Rogers from Baltimore rest of season I'll take.
Speaker 2: Because I know, well, no, it's not. I think I want Manaya. Oh give me Urie then, yeah, I mean, Mani is a good one. Rogers is not. With those two for me more win potential.
Speaker 1: Plus you know what if the Marlins really think by September do they just kind of start to limit Urie a little bit?
Speaker 2: That's my only concern too. It's like, Okay, he just gave me missing so much time. I don't think you would did.
Speaker 1: But it's the Marlins.
Speaker 2: I just don't trust them.
Speaker 1: Rogers have been great, but Manaia is my Look, I want all three of these guys to be honest with you. So, I mean, that's that's what I want my expectations. By the way, Frickin wants to know. For Mania, I wrote in my Bold Predictions the rest of season, I think he pitches like a top twenty fantasy pitcher. I think you could even push top fifteen. Remember we had one hundred and eight for strikeouts last year. He is, you know not my biggest concern with Mania coming into the season that I wrote this in the black book is he threw a lot of innings last year, how's that gonna work out this year? And now I don't have that concern because he's missed all this time with the injury. So now all of a sudden, I'm not worried about him. He's he's had a lot of rest because of the injury, so now I am not concerned. I think he goes right back to being a front of the rotation starter. I think that that bullpen appearance he had last weekend was very encouraging and hopefully today's a good star too. So Welsh, what are your expectations for Manaiah the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like the top twenty. I'm not one hundred percent on, but like I think he can be a mid to low three Zra guy, really good strikeouts. I have him in my in my betting card today. Like, I think he's one of those sneaky guys. He was one of those in that second half draft where he was like dang it, I let him, Like why didn't I get him? He's one of those really good values if you're not thinking about it, and I think you know, probably like in the forties, he's his evaluation is sitting in there with like top twenty five, top thirty upsides, so I think there's a lot of upside. I'm going to assume like low like I said, low ish three era good strikeouts on a team that's gonna win a bunch of games, so that is pretty valuable.
Speaker 1: I want to shout out some of our first time chatters here, Jay Goss Frickin' and Jay left all first time chatters. He didn't leave. He's actually here and he's actually chatting. So just putting that out there. How do you guys? What do you think of tatist junior slash class A for Machado and Harper.
Speaker 2: I mean I want, well, dang it. I mean, like I look at like Machado Harper, the combination I think is just better. It's two hitters. I don't like banking on the closer. I guess if you really needed closer, but you're giving up a hefty price. You're either giving up Harper or Machado for Classe, who isn't the best closer in baseball right now, but you're getting the best singular player. So that's a tough trade. I think the I'm assuming you're getting Tatis and the closer here, but it's close. It's relatively close. But I like the two higher end hitters. I guess even though the best hitter we're leaving on the table.
Speaker 1: That geek Troy Clay Holmes hasn't been able to fetch me anything. Should I drop him for Sheahn tomorrow? If you want to drop him for she Han for that streaming start, I'm fine with it. Just know that she Hand's not long for that rotation, but I don't know if clay Holmes is either, so I'll take the she Hands start.
Speaker 2: I think that's perfectly fine.
Speaker 1: Stony Sports trade al Tuve and Jose Burrios for Katl Marte. I'm good with this, getting Katel, I think that's great. Burrios is one of my big sells here. That was our last big cell video we did on the YouTube channel this month, so that's on there as well on Fantasy pros MLB. And Brios was that guy for us that we want to sell, So packaging him with Altuva to get Marte, I'm good for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brios is a nothing burger to me. I have a big sell on him, so you can move out Touve and somebody that I'm not super interested in to get the best second basement in baseball. Yep. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also today not just twitching on the baseball, we're twitching on the football too, by the way, So if you want to hang out with us, we'll be talking football as well. So don't forget today that's gonna go on. We have our schedule here for the other football stuff going on here. So Monday of four we got a Best Ball live stream with Ericson and Tom Stratchin. Then Tuesday at two Fantasy Football Football Q and A with Seth Woolcock and Debro Wednesday, Seth and Debro again Thursday. The rotating analysts they are fantastic. They're like, you know what they do, all sort of acrobatics and stuff. The rotating analysts incredible stuff, so of it illegal in forty eight states even. And then Fantasy Football Q and A also rotating analysts.
Speaker 2: So there you go. What I think that shows you is like the twitch is going hot and heavy Monday through Friday. We got a lot of stuff that's going to be going on.
Speaker 1: You ever see your you ever see your I like to see you rotate, You rotate for us. There you go, there you go, Caroen, Now you can't because then you're gonna pull your headphones down. Don't do it.
Speaker 2: Basically, it's a lot of twitching.
Speaker 1: You're right there you go, Well, go get into my football philosophy's on those streams, by the way, not here. This is Baseball Show two Star week for all SPS. Pick one mis Lizardo or taj Lizardo. Not close for me?
Speaker 2: Uh oh yeah, pick a one. Yeah, Lozardo would be than who do you think who gets more mad? Football? When you football guys, when you talk about baseball or baseball guys, when you talk.
Speaker 1: About baseball, when you talk about football exactly, football guys are like, what, yeah, I went baseball.
Speaker 2: The baseball people are like no, they're like, oh that's cute. There's a little fantasy baseball thing, like that's cute.
Speaker 1: And then yeah it's cool. It's cool. Yeah, I like baseball.
Speaker 2: Baseball's fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I watch the Homer Derby the other night, or yeah I took my kids to a game you know last you know last year, that was fun.
Speaker 3: You know, had some twelve dollars. Yeah, exactly good. But like baseball get mad because back in the old light. I don't even know if they do it because I mean I don't listen, but like the series XM Days where it's like June hits and then all baseball content just gets kicked to the curb for football content, and that I know four grind.
Speaker 1: Always when I worked at Serrius XM Fantasy, that's July fourth, that was the beginning of it. And then all the baseball people were annoying, all the people baseball hosts were sad, and I was like, hey man, it's just not what you know drives the station, you know. And then they try to give you that golf content in between, as if like such a large porsh of people really do the golf.
Speaker 2: Don't let Pat and Bubba and all them hear this. But yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, it's it's a strong it's a strong niche community, not gonna lie. And the people who bet golf, they have a lot of expendable income typically, so they're really into it.
Speaker 2: And it's gotten great into the betting market. I mean, but betting, like betting has kind of pushed golf into another era.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was the DFS golf thing that I used to always be like, oh god, oh yeah. But the betting golf, that's fine. The DFS golf, I'm like, I guess it's going. It's like go outside, touch grass, you know. Uh these rest of season Carpenter or a Rosa Rena, I want a Rose Arena.
Speaker 2: He's been good. Yeah, Randy, I mean carry Carpenter is also hurt, and there's not like a timeline, like you know, they just got to check stuff out, like Randy's out there. And Randy's also just the better one regardless.
Speaker 1: So from all Scotty, you drop Ramos for Stours. I'm okay with this. Ramos has been solid, but Stours has been on fire recently. And I always wonder Welsh, you know, whenever we get to this point the season when you have that, what do you have these guys who are just absolutely nuclear going into the break? I always feel like it's the worst thing too.
Speaker 2: It's always a part of momentum stops.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like Stours, who was in like five hundred this month or something before the break. Just that momentum sometimes just stops and they don't pick up the same way. It's just not that it's gonna last forever anyway. But you're almost guaranteed for a slowdown at some point. Here's one for Mitch drops Sheehan to pick up Zebby. You want to do that? I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: I don't pass like it doesn't matter, Like maybe Zebby's okay. I might rather have she in until until Blake Snell is up to get the starter or too. I just don't know if I need to stash ZEBI go. You know what, I'd rather have probably than both of those guys. You get like an Eric Lauer with the Blue Jays. He's probably floating out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Houser has been good too. Is anyone nervous about Hunter Brown? Sell high or hold? I think it's a bit a bad stretch. There's no doubt about that. Last three starts them nothing good? Is Era raised over almost a run I'm holding. I'm just not not There's not enough pitching to go around.
Speaker 2: I want Hunter Brown. What do you say we wash? Yeah? I mean I think like the question maybe is like, are you worried that he becomes a pumpkin? And then he's just not like the elite picture? So should I trade the elitenists? Right now? If I'm reading like that, I don't know. The break came in a pretty good time. Like you mentioned, he gave up twelve earned runs. He's got a six ERA this month, but this is after having like two to sub two eras the rest of the way through. He still was getting his strikeouts in there. Pretty smart pitcher, Like, I kind of think he's going to readjust this actually might be a good bytime to be honest with you. So back to like Joe's point, where I like, I don't think it makes sense. Maybe on the selling side of it, like he still could be elite. I'm buying. If I don't have him, I'm holding, and it'd go read the bold prediction second half article for Kelly, because Kelly is back all in on Hunter Brown.
Speaker 1: Here's one from Lucero's here, I was offered crochet for James Wood fourteen team head to head ops. It's tempting. It is tempting. That is kind of interesting there. It depends on what your rotation looks like in a fourteen team league. Pitching is really hard to come by. I mean, if I had a ton of offense in a fourteen teamer, which is also asking a lot, I think it's fair value. But Welsh, what do you think here? You want to you know it's fair. It's more about roster construction, I think than anything else.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, probably, Like I'm just gonna cite this because I just did it and I think it's relevant. That second half draft James Wood was like a top twelve player taken. I took right around the second round, right, Yeah, it was like early second round. I ended up taking Crochet and I got him in the lake because I had the second pick in the first round, so I took him the second to last pick Crochet I did. So there's the same general vicinity. OPS works really well for James Wood. So that's like, hey, I've got really good offense and I need pitching. You're getting the type of pitcher you should get. But in a vacuum, I would rather have James Wood. All right, let's have some fun, Welsh. Let's go through some of these names.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna throw a name at you here. You're gonna tell me, uh, traded or Stay's put.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, we're gonna play a little game.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Sandy al Contra traded or Stay's put.
Speaker 2: Stay's put. I'm gonna throw out there because he's been so bad.
Speaker 1: All right. David bed Nah of the Pirates Closer traders, stay put traded. I agree, Emmanuel class A, Oh, stay's put, okay, I agree, stays put. Jared Durant trader, stays put. I'm I think stay's put.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I think I think they're like, you know what, let's make a run here. I don't think they trade him.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say traded, and the trade is going to not be a young package. It is gonna be this culmination of pieces that kind of fixes the Red Sox are trying to get Joe Ryan right now. I know this isn't quite doing the answer, but this is gonna be one where like it's gonna get a bullpen piece and a starter and it's gonna be to make that run because they have so many outfielders that that'll be my my big crazy one. So I'll say traded.
Speaker 1: Mitch Keller.
Speaker 2: Traded a right, traded.
Speaker 1: Ryan McMahon.
Speaker 2: Traded.
Speaker 1: I think he's a Yankee, I really do.
Speaker 2: I think they can't get sworez Yeah yeah. Cedric Mullins traded. Marcelo Zuna, Oh should be traded. Don't know if he I'm gonna say he's not traded even though he.
Speaker 1: Should last one.
Speaker 2: Johannio's what is traded, absolutely traded. Diamondbacks got to got to get there's their money's worth on Suarez and they will. He's one of the hot commodities.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, it's uh, we are now what It's the eighteenth of July, so we are quickly approaching that trade deadline. What team do you think goes first and bites on somebody, because I feel like there's.
Speaker 2: Always that one may trades four players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like there's always that one team that goes. You know, we're we're making our post warm we'king a move, and it's typically before well before this and it kind of kicks things off and jump starts it. Who do you think that's gonna be this year? If you have a beat on.
Speaker 2: That, I'm gonna say the Red Sox. I think the Red Sox have the pieces. They've been tied to so many different things, the Joe Ryan stuff that's floating out there. I think the Red Sox getting to the market first, They're gonna make a tough decision. It could be like having in a Joe Ryan trade having to trade something like a Christian Campbell not saying that's gonna happen, but like, they don't make that type of tough decision, or you could see them making a blockbuster again that sends like a Jared Duran and they get a bunch of pieces. But I think it would behoove them to set the market for anybody else. So I'm gonna go with the Red Sox. All right, so the Red Sox are, well, what do you think you need to make a big move?
Speaker 1: A man? You know, I feel like the Yankees got to do something. I really do. I feel like they got to change the narrative a little bit and make it especially you know, they they got rid of the Mayhew They're kind of the offense has just been weird. They get shut out almost by the Cubs with Matthew Boyd Saturday. Like, I don't know, I feel like the Yankees need to do something, and I don't know if it's gonna be the right move, but I think they will make the first of the moves.
Speaker 2: All right, let me ask you one. Let's do a player. Let's throw in I like his big gene just put you got, I'm gonna say, Luis Robert Mitch Keller We'll put Jaren Duran in there, Joe Ryan, who else is Sandy al Contra, Zach Allen Suarez, Josh Naylor. Let's do those guys. Those are all common guys. Eight players. Who's the first bigger name player I didn't throw Bednar and stuff like that. Who's the of those kind of big ish names. Who's the first one that's moved?
Speaker 1: I think Suarez. I think I think that's just an easy one. And it's I think it's Milwaukee or I think it's the Yankees. I think that that's where it goes. And I mean, I'd be surprised if it was any other one, But to me, that's that's where it is. I think Milwaukee would be wise to do it, but I don't know if they will. But Arizona's gotta be realistic here, like they're just not. And who knows, maybe Gallon goes along with him, you know, I mean, it would it be crazy to think that the Yankees getting both of Gallen and Suarez. I mean, I'll be a big blockbuster, right. They could certainly use another arm in that rotation. I don't know what that trade looks like. I don't know if it involves Spencer Jones.
Speaker 2: You know, I just don't think it happens. Every stupid account is like who says no, you know, and they put out a tweet and they put out a thing, and they're always getting two big players on a team, and it's like, I just it could happen. For sure. I think teams are not going to want to pay the price, and that's still not going to make sense to them, and it's going to be a disappointing trade for Diamondback fans. And I don't think both their moved. They're gonna want to maximize. So unless a team like the Yankees is like you can have Schlitler and Spencer Jones, they're not trading both guys and they're not going to do that. So I don't think they're trading Schlitler. To be honest with you, I kind of don't either. I don't think that's the guy gets moved. There.
Speaker 1: We shall see as the trade wins continue to blow, and then on Monday, obviously we'll be back recapping all the action as per usual around this joint. But in the meantime, it's Friday, it means there's bets to be made, so it's time for the best bets of the week. Finally, let's do the week, Yeah of the day of the week with Joey p and the Welsh. Here we go, Give me the New York Mets on the run line. Sean Manya is back plus one forty two against the Reds. The Yankees travel to Atlanta and they get to face Spencer Strider, and I think Strider's gonna stick it to them. Give me the Atlanta Braves on the money line minus one oh four. Maybe Jazz Chisholm still got that home run stroke going well, do you think so that Jazz.
Speaker 2: Chissy look in home run stroke? Sure?
Speaker 1: And then Minnesota at Colorado, Yeah, baby, let's go over ten and a half runs minus one twenty. I think that's gonna go over today. You can see one team get to that, I think potentially. All right, let's take a look at yours because you've also got some Sean Maniyah wagering happening. Here. Let's go Welsh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did jumped on this actually last night. Shaw Ma Andya at six strikeouts over five and a half got it at minus one fifteen. You obviously didn't go deep into that first start, but he still had seven strikeouts in three and one thirds. He's going against the Reds Reds or top ten in strikeouts per game. I like Manaya to establish and set himself up, and I really like the six strikeouts. It's about the only one that really I mean, there's some aggressive stuff on the strikeout marker, or there's lower numbers with big juice. This is the only one that jumped out to me that I like. I'm also going to jump on Cleveland first five money lines. Slade Chaconi s Laatee Chaconi has been pretty pretty good here and this one is going up against the Athletics. I believe I have that right looking at the whole schedule, But either way, it doesn't matter because I'm backing Slade Chaconi. Yes, Yeah, it is the Yeah, it's in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Lay Chaconi sounds like a character from the from the musical Grease.
Speaker 2: Diamondbacks Pictures, Slay Chaconi.
Speaker 1: I heard that he was going on a date with Donna. Did you hear that? I heard it through Let's sing something about it.
Speaker 2: One of the outsiders, he's he's one of the outsiders, definitely an outsider. And then I'm going to pick two offenses, and I'm gonna go no run first inning on Miami Kansas City. You said Sandy's got a really really important one. Sandy kind of falls apart in some later innings. I'm gonna guess he's gonna maintain early. Same with Seth Lugo. Pick on these offenses that haven't quite quite got going minus won thirty five. It's a little juice up. So no run first inning, first five money line and a strikeout. This is a quintessential Welsh card. And that's what I got for Friday.
Speaker 1: And don't forget to place your bets over a FanDuel Fantasypros dot Com slash leading Off. That's the place to bet five bucks and win two fifty if your first bet hits only on FanDuel again Fantasy Pros dot Com Slash leading Off, and don't forget. Also download the Betting Pros app today Betting Pros YouTube channel Rock and Rolling two. Go check us out over there. We just did another one of our preview series for NFL, but again best betting tools on the planet. Betting Pros. Download the app, make sure you bet smarter, not harder, and you get a seven day free trial of the Betting pros Premium tools when you use the promo code leading off. Now, normally we throw the home run board up here, but we're still updating it from the home run derby and updating it from the All Star breaks. So on Monday we'll have an updated home run board that will never show me again. Uh do you have a home run call for the weekend? Welsh? Actually, I forgot to even make mine. I'm gonna do it live here on the show. That's what I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do have one guy, and by the way, I'm gonna get a I I did get an extra homer for getting cal Rally right, I don't even I think I picked to tell Marte for a homer in the All Star Games, so.
Speaker 1: I think Rosa he did not hit a home run.
Speaker 2: How the hell are they gonna determine that too? With the dud with the home run off, are they gonna count any of those?
Speaker 4: That was?
Speaker 2: You guys got a good.
Speaker 1: Point, all right, If you picked Schwarber, you got three.
Speaker 2: Kelly and them got into a mess doing the homers for the All Star Game, So I don't know what they were doing. That's Kelly's problem, not on Yeah, I don't care what you do. You you yell at Kelly, not me. I'm gonna go with cal Rally today, so I'm gonna jump back into it. Cal got me the homer for the win in the home run derby. Pretty good spot that they're in today, so I'm gonna go with cal Raleigh going up against I think it's Brandon Walt who is giving up a homer at least in five straight starts. So Cayle Rally is gonna pick right back up, give me the homer, and I obviously have him in perpetuity for the week twitty perpetuity.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with you know what, let's go Kyle Schwarber, feeling good off the All Star Game, home runs, feeling good against the Angels this weekend. Give me some Schwarber, little Schwarber love there, so that'll be a good time. I want to thank you everybody for joining us here on our Twitch channel, and of course we want you to subscribe to the Twitch, use your Amazon Prime, get rid of those nasty commercials, because remember, it's not just baseball, it's football too. You're fantasy pros. Football is usually the big piece of the pie. We just started the Baseball First calendar. You know the way the calendar works in the year, and you're never gonna want to miss the rotating analysts on the Twitch. Let me tell you that, my friends, I told you it's only legal in the forty eight states. I'm not gonna tell you the too that it's illegal. I'm gonna let you run to the Internet to figure that out yourself. Make sure you follow us and subscribe on Fantasy Pros MLB as well for all of our content. That'll do for us, but the story of the game goes on for the I'm Joey p. It's good to be back. We'll see you Monday, kids. Bye.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB.