Speaker 1: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of Diamonds in the Rough with Teddy.
Speaker 2: Mellencamp and Erica Jane.
Speaker 3: Hey, honey, I love that she just immediately starts laughing. Hi guys, welcome. Immediately, I'm like.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, though, it's nice to see you and I'm happy to see you and I enjoy our time together.
Speaker 3: Well, me too, and that's why I put on Instagram. What are your questions for me and Erica and all y'all cared about is our sex life.
Speaker 2: Well that's okay though, so let's discuss it.
Speaker 3: Well, we're gonna have discuss us and we're gonna havelf discuss this new show that's on FX. It's called Dying for Sex.
Speaker 4: With Michelle Williams, which I watched. I got in the first two and a half episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it gets a little dark after that. So the first two and a half episodes is what I think everybody can relate to, whether you have cancer or not. But it's about Michelle Williams has cancer. It goes away that this season starts where she's in.
Speaker 2: Couple's therapy, which is not going well.
Speaker 3: Not going well, Like the husband's checking the phone, he's doing he's just checked out, he's done doing all the wrong things. And her phone rings and she looks at it and she's like, sorry, I have to take this, and it's her cancer doctor saying that her cancer is back and terminal yes, and then we just.
Speaker 2: Watch everything unravel.
Speaker 4: Literally we watch her completely change her life right after that session, right during that session, during the session, and walks out.
Speaker 3: Because I think this happens to people who are married, whether there's cancer.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say the same thing or not.
Speaker 4: When she said, you know, I want somebody to touch me, like, this is what happens, whether you're right, whether there's cancer or not. In relationships, a lot of times sex lives fall apart and there's no sex, or there's one partner that's into it or or not.
Speaker 3: Or it just changes. If you don't speak up for what it is that you want or what it is that you're looking for, most likely your partner is going to do it wrong well, and not just sex, but like intimacy or comfort.
Speaker 4: And there's also ebbs and flows in a marriage. Whether you feel closer, you feel pulled apart, whether it's it's simple stress of time or finances or children, like you know, marriage or partnerships, however you want to say it. They're very tough to They require daily watering and weeding. You know, it's a daily thing that you have to keep your eye on. And when you're busy with other things, you know, you pull apart. You become almost strangers living in the same house and the same sleeping in the same bed.
Speaker 3: And then like even sex becomes like procedural, Okay, we do it this time in this time.
Speaker 4: Like, but there are a lot more people that are living like that than than people in our cast. And they're like, listen, it is very tough to keep something like that alive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you have to both people have to be willing to receive the information and give.
Speaker 4: It and not be not that sounds so crazy, like not take it personal, to take it personal, like it's not an attack on you as a bad lover or anything like that. It's just, hey, I'm feeling this way, and I think also too. There's something that's interesting about this show is that women's sexual desires change as they mature and get older. And what you may have once thought was taboo or something, you know, when you get older, especially when you're my age. So I'm fifty three, almost fifty four. I've gone through menopause. But my sexual desires or my fantasies or whatever you want to say, are completely different than they were in my twenties and thirties years.
Speaker 3: And also what it's going to take, yeah, which is not which changes Like for me, for example, after going through all of this, they've changed my medication. You have a sex drive, I have a sex drive. It's really hard for me.
Speaker 5: To have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would imagine that. But that's also.
Speaker 4: Antidepressants as well. Like I found that. I found that when I first went on antidepressants. I was like, whoa wait, wait a minute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it was I mean, not to TMI, but like I even tried myself, and I was like, this is fucking exhausting.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: This is exhausting.
Speaker 2: I can't be.
Speaker 3: I can't be doing this all the time. No, Well, I was on Amazon. Apparently this was right out of the hospital when I'm still in the hotel.
Speaker 2: You don't even remember this, I don't.
Speaker 3: Apparently I had purchased too. I gave one to my friend Brooke that came to visit, and she's like, but you forgot the charger. I'm like, you can get another charger. This is the best there is supposedly, but I never tried it there. I tried it the night before last, and I was like, well, I can't do this again.
Speaker 2: So you didn't achieve.
Speaker 3: I achieved, but I had to achieve it in a way that wasn't the way it was set up to achieve.
Speaker 4: So I used to have to like to watch porn and and this is something that people don't want to discuss, but like I had to have multiple full stimulus and it is in order for me to and then I get into these sort of like non conventional sorts of thought, and you know it just my sexuality is.
Speaker 2: Really interesting.
Speaker 3: But also here's the problem I have with porn is like, when I'm looking through it, I'm a very like visual person. And if I find one of the people unattractive, ruined.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you something. I'm not looking at faces, I'm looking at body parts. Oh, I mean I have this beautiful way of sectioning out something that like I'm looking at very specific things.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not taking in the entire picture.
Speaker 3: See I'm taking an entire picture.
Speaker 4: And oftentimes there's no sound. I watch it without sound. My brain is down to like very specific things.
Speaker 3: Well, one of the things she does on the show, which is so freaking hilarious to me. So they have a they've been together for I don't know, let's say it's seven years.
Speaker 2: I think it is seven years. Right when ship falls apart?
Speaker 3: Ye, ship falls apart. She gets cancer for the first time, and he turns into like the caregiver, but like solely.
Speaker 2: The character the martyred caregiver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, okay, you're only gonna have green juice? Is that you granted? I'm like, let me get my diet, Doctor Pepper. Can I tell you something?
Speaker 2: You can have a diet, Doctor Pepper. You've earned the diet.
Speaker 3: I asked my doctor everything. Now it's like I'm his stock. I'm like, am I allowed to do this? Am I allowed to have diet? Doctor Pepper? Am I allowed to get a tattoo? He's like, you're having a lot of life changes. Yes, you're allowed to do these things.
Speaker 4: So I kind of like this doctor. I don't know who this is, but good for you. But are you thinking of getting tattoos?
Speaker 3: I think I might be getting one tonight. It's on my friend's birthday.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: But what I want to get. Everyone in my life is like, it's this is not a good idea, but I think it's hilarious. What so I want to get this cute little knife. Okay, so instead of when I'm annoyed at somebody, you can joy, I can just go.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't find a problem with that. I think it's cute. I did too.
Speaker 3: I just have to. I'll send you the pictures of my cute little knives that I've chosen. But either way, it's probably you know, it could be the tumors.
Speaker 2: It could be, but who cares My sister and I.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say my sister and I discussed it over the fourth of July, but I had the tumors then too.
Speaker 4: Well you know what, though, did you talk to your doctor about your personality changing or your thing or how you're during this time or have they said anything about that? I mean, the first off, let me be super clear. For anybody that wants to try to come from me right now, stop. So I'm just asking you, have they did they say anything about that?
Speaker 3: Well? I've had appointments with what are the doctors that give you medications? Psychiatrists, So psychiatrists versus therapist. Yeah, and the psychiatrist was like, okay, so there's some things we need to to talk through. You had massive brain surgery. Yeah, you had tumors the size of plums in your head and they had to take it out. And like, now, part of what I said, I'm feeling sort of depressed.
Speaker 2: I think, I mean just on like I kind of down and out.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm not, I'm not really feeling like I was depressed. I was like, I'm feeling kind of depressed. And she's like, have you ever considered like cause She's like I'm talking to you and I can see you losing your train of thought. And I'm like, yeah, because I don't even care what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: No, imagine you don't.
Speaker 3: I'm my brain, you know. And so she suggested a medication. She thinks that there's something, you know. I took multiple tests, but she did give me a medication that's a bit of like an upper She said, you may not live on this forever, but let's out let's try it out. And it is.
Speaker 2: It's really changed.
Speaker 3: It's really changed, and like to the point where some days I'm like I'm not going to, so I don't want to see how I do. And then I'm like, didn't do well?
Speaker 4: Right, that's I tried that too, Like I remember when Obviously our situations are different, but I remember when I went on into depressants and I was feeling good and I was like, Okay, I have this handle and I went off and I was like, no, I don't, No, I don't well.
Speaker 3: And anna depressants are even trickier because you can't just stop those cold turkeys, No you can't.
Speaker 2: You have to wean yourself off of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I mean, who knows. We're figuring it out. I feel like every day I'm getting more with it.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: But I see parts of I saw so much you.
Speaker 4: I'm so glad, I'm I'm and I'm glad that we spoke about this before we we pop because I did ask study. I said, how much of this can I talk to you about? Because I see so much of your journey in just these first couple of episodes and and just knowing you, and and I like when she has her inner monologue, I thought, I.
Speaker 3: Thought, that's exactly what I do, and so thinking it and then I'm like should I say this out?
Speaker 4: Like, I think, you know what, at this point in your life, you have the right to say anything you're fucking thinking. Yeah, why why not?
Speaker 3: I have noticed my anxiety is a lot better. Like I used to be very type A about everything, and I'm like, yeah, whatever.
Speaker 2: I think that's good though.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, no one, if you spoke you how you really feel about everything?
Speaker 2: No one here. That's what everybody really.
Speaker 3: Wants to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they don't.
Speaker 4: They can't because of whatever they're thinking, you know, will happen. But I think you have full license to say whatever you think and feel. Yeah, I mean that just for me, like saying, well.
Speaker 3: There was a point where they get back from well the second that she finds out she has cancer, which oddly the doctor is right next to where her therapist is, and she like runs away from her husband to find out, and then she calls her best friend, and her best friend's like, hilarious, disaster.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: She goes, oh my god, I'm just coming from rehearsal, which I was like, I'm coming from rehearsal too.
Speaker 2: Hold On, I'm reading it all about me.
Speaker 3: You're like hold on, and I feel that, like hold on.
Speaker 2: I feel this.
Speaker 3: I see the difference between us. She's coming from rehearsal. I'm seeing it from the other side. But I saw parts of her where she's like, you know, we're gonna laugh this up. We're gonna do that.
Speaker 2: We're gonna laugh this, We're gonna laugh right through this.
Speaker 3: So those points you really appreciate when somebody says we But then her husband comes down from the doctor realizes what's going on, and he immediately, you know, takes her soda away. I didn't. He's like, I made green juice for at home.
Speaker 2: I can't have that.
Speaker 3: You can't have this. We need to change this, and blah blah blah. And I'm all about you know, but like, if it's something you want to do, great, But I don't want to do something that somebody else that's not a doctor is telling me to do.
Speaker 4: I agree with it, And I think that you're in a very This is you, you know what I'm saying, Like, this is your body, your fight, your experience, your journey. All of us that are your friends or your family that are around you. Like the only person that's this is happening to is you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But what you see is the hush completely takes it on as him. It takes over their whole life. He no longer can even have sex with her.
Speaker 2: Well that's the reason they're in couples therapy. Anyway, he won't touch her.
Speaker 3: He won't touch her. You're scared he's gonna break her.
Speaker 4: And she's had the double masktect to me, and and then that throws her into this really crazy space because what are you supposed to do? I mean, nobody really knows. I mean, I can only speculate what you're going through. But this is this is your right to feel, in my opinion, however you want to feel.
Speaker 3: And I mean, I think so many people have come to me and been like, so what does this mean for you and Edwin because you got none of your businesses. I'm like, one, it's none of your fucking business. And two, we're in a good, safe place that's the best for our kids.
Speaker 2: About this. It's a day to day thing and we're doing good today.
Speaker 3: We're doing good today and for the first time we're having conversations we never.
Speaker 2: Had, probably the hard ones. It's you could have and.
Speaker 3: Laughing good and kind of saying like this it's not I don't think that we will get back together. I think matter, But I don't think everything needs to be figured out this week while I'm still in immunotherapy and we have kids at the house.
Speaker 4: How about this No way, Like you need to live present in the moment and you need to do what's right for you and fuck these outside voices and I would have done fuck you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my dad every he calls every day.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: And some days I'm all worked up and some days I'm pretty chill, and he's like.
Speaker 2: Just be cool, just be cool.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you know, when has anyone ever said that I'm cool? That is not something mean? He's like, just be cool.
Speaker 2: You don't have to you don't have to do anything. This is not the time to be making these crazy decisions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, He's like, just be cool. You guys are fine right now. You're not having you're not sharing a bed, you're not doing this, You're you're both allowed to date. Like do what you want to do. Be safe.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, as long as exactly be safe and be smart. But other than that, like it's no one's lives but yours, Like.
Speaker 3: It's between you two and we have and we finally had to have the conversation where I was like, listen, I know you're different than me, Like, you don't want to hear the information. I want every fucking crumb. Do you really I need every Crump's that you've always been that way? Yeah, but I like, I mean, if you were to tell me about a guy right now, I'd be like, can I see his picture? Not because I want to be an asshole, but because you.
Speaker 2: Need to know.
Speaker 3: If not, I'm going to make up in my head what he looks like. I need every single details.
Speaker 2: Over active brain. I thought that medication was supposed to come.
Speaker 3: Don't worry.
Speaker 4: Listen, let me talk to the psychiatrist. Because you're like I'm like.
Speaker 3: Hey, no, no, no, no, no no, I want to see I see that you cropped that uncropping I like every day. And I don't have jealousy.
Speaker 2: It's the crazy I've never seen you as a jealous person as I've never seen this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I don't have jealousy. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think you're just into like you like it information and if.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be friends with somebody, yeah, you want to be full on friends, like I want to know.
Speaker 4: I think you don't like it when friends concealed that you know, like hold on. There are levels of friends and your inner circle of friends, which is what I'm talking about. I think you really appreciate transparency because you are transparent with your friends.
Speaker 3: Like I can't take it. I'm like, no, I give me more details.
Speaker 4: It's fine, Like I wish I had some details to give you.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sure you do.
Speaker 4: I have nothing to share at the moment, but I am hoping, like I said last time, like two weeks ago, like I gotta get I have to get social, and I cannot. I'm such a scaredy cat. I am so afraid of putting myself out there.
Speaker 3: Why, what's the worst happen.
Speaker 4: I don't know the worst that's going to happen. Let me see, Well, I have a I have an idea about myself post divorce that is not healthy, meaning that I think that everyone's.
Speaker 2: Out to hurt me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're going to need one good person.
Speaker 2: Trust. It's really about trust.
Speaker 4: And I feel that like uh oh my god, like everybody's going to hurt me and not in it. It just I can't relax into meeting new people. And I've always been kind of like a loner.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: And so this has certainly put me into a position that I feel like it's.
Speaker 3: Just like, yeah, I think it's I mean, I think of you say those things about yourself, but as being your friend, you're one of the most comfortable, Like you're comforting yours going with like you take the pressure off as a friend that you have to do that to yourself.
Speaker 2: Maybe that that's a good point. It's interesting you don't have to be perfect. No, it's not that.
Speaker 4: I just I think I'd have to be a little bit more comfortable in my own skin, trusting people and just opening up. And I think that that's a lot of it is just being brave enough to open.
Speaker 3: Up a bit.
Speaker 2: Well you take her to badly burned, Yes, I think so.
Speaker 4: And then and then you know it's continued on and in other ways as well. And so when that happens, you just become a little gun shy, you know, and so you don't know if people really want to get to know you or you know, what where is this going and what is this?
Speaker 3: You know? I mean I think as we I mean, I found you know, they did this thing and us weekly where they said that I'm dat I've I dated two guys or whatever it was. And then I saw some of some of the messages were like yeah, go girl, and some are like, what the hell is wrong with this woman? It doesn't she want to spend time with her.
Speaker 2: Kids or she spent time with your kids?
Speaker 3: Why would this even be a concern?
Speaker 2: Because it is. You're a human being and you're allowed to live.
Speaker 3: And I think something that I want to say if you are going through anything like this. Of course every moment that I possibly can, I want to be there for my you are, but you know what, they sleep.
Speaker 2: And you don't.
Speaker 3: And I'm on insomnia and I'm also on medication that keeps me awake.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm not going to nightclubs and meeting strangers.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus Christ. We're not acting like doing putting dangerous shit.
Speaker 3: But I have learned, like so, where your insecurity comes more from people hurting you, my insecurity comes from more. And this is when I realized, like, am I shallow? Like I will be like I look like this now or this is how I feel right now? Or do they notice these things?
Speaker 2: I'm telling you what, you look pretty fucking awesome.
Speaker 3: Well I'm in full glamor right now, I can assure.
Speaker 4: You when I'm sucking, I can assure you. But you know what though that that let me tell you something. So what You're a human being going through like a massive thing in your life, and I think you should, you know, do whatever makes you happy because I know you, and I know that you're not putting yourself at risk.
Speaker 3: And I'm not putting I'm not lying. Like we have a calendar where I put like Monday, this dead dad, this whens like that way, there's never a point where Edwin has to be like Teddy's trying to you know, we all have in the same house together.
Speaker 2: I just saw him downstairs. Yeah, I just gave him a hug after his workout.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it's we all live in the same house together. How we want to communicate what the other what we're doing is different. Like I'll be like, oh, yeah, no, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going on a date like it is what it is, y'all.
Speaker 3: And he doesn't have to do the same for me. I do assume when he puts a leather jacket on and leaves at seven thirty pm.
Speaker 2: And does he come back, No, he doesn't come home those nights.
Speaker 3: I can I make the assumption, but I'm such an ass I'll be like, have fun tonight, Like, oh, what I mean, I'm just having to I'm like, a, sure you are, buddy.
Speaker 2: Have fun.
Speaker 3: Your hair looks good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look a little too good to be just going to the place. Here are you?
Speaker 3: When I'm heading over to Kyle's, I'm a pair of sweats?
Speaker 2: Oh off? Are you using that as an excuse?
Speaker 4: But if I'm going to Kyle's, well yeah, I would use Kyle as a total excuse to do anything.
Speaker 2: I'm at Kyle's.
Speaker 3: But that being said, I am going to see Kyle tonight, but I really am saying.
Speaker 2: Kyle, Yeah, she's home. I need to give her a text. You guys having a birthday party tonight for Jen.
Speaker 3: Lovely. Jen is the one that pretty much nursed me back to life. She really did, she really did.
Speaker 2: She's awesome.
Speaker 3: She's amazing. We call her Jen Jens. Jen knows everything like that. You ask any Question's like, oh yeah, of course, follow them.
Speaker 2: Jen's pretty amazing.
Speaker 3: She's she's great. Okay, So anyways, I said, there's all this press about dere.
Speaker 2: Oh right front, who Yeah, what is who?
Speaker 3: He's Zach Eron's brother. He was on Who's that? Who's He's Zach's brother? Hot? He was on this Past Traders. Oh, why haven't we been on?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: I was asked the first season, but I was in no mental shape to go.
Speaker 3: Well. I feel like I'm in good mental shape right now.
Speaker 2: Probably fucking let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: You want to talk about laying everybody out, You probably fucking win.
Speaker 2: I would go with you, just to like watch you, and I don't even.
Speaker 3: Know it's in case I get a little stumbling.
Speaker 2: No, I will help you. I will help you lay out everything.
Speaker 3: Everyone would think that you were a trader.
Speaker 2: Oh of course they would.
Speaker 4: I'm like not knowing girl next door, And then we could flip these roles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what the villain's all wrong.
Speaker 4: I'm actually a sweet person, but you guys are insistent.
Speaker 2: That I'm a villain.
Speaker 3: I'm on the dark side.
Speaker 2: This one over here, we already know you rule.
Speaker 3: But any who made a comment, which by the way, I already made fun of on the other pod, But it was like over a sentence long about this guy Dylan's.
Speaker 2: She she likes words, she does like she needed less words.
Speaker 3: She could have just done the fire or as my kids have taught me.
Speaker 2: Like riz, oh you mean it's in charisma, yeah.
Speaker 3: Like anything. But it was a full sentence.
Speaker 2: But that's Dree. You know she loves she likes words. He probably yawned, well probably, well whatever.
Speaker 3: Dread less words on your flirting.
Speaker 2: My god, we've been trying to do this for a decade. It's not working. We've known this one for a decade.
Speaker 3: And it's but Dylan doesn't so quickly.
Speaker 2: Uh so your libido? Yes, no, maybe I just got my I'll to ask you. I'll tell you why.
Speaker 4: I just got my hormones and planted yesterday and they go right in your glutes and I'm gonna tell you right now.
Speaker 3: It's a little like you're all horned up.
Speaker 2: Not yet.
Speaker 4: But I said to her, I's like, look, bitch, I got zero libido today, but like this last week, and like who am I? So, I said, you know, like, give me some libido. She said, not a problem.
Speaker 3: Well here's the problem for me.
Speaker 2: You have too much libido.
Speaker 4: No, but I'm also afraid to I know me like my libido's like I will start getting on this phone and it'll be a disaster.
Speaker 3: I remember the last time that I was with you when you took the libido meds. I don't know what they were, but we were in Santa Barbara. You didn't want to leave the room because you were You were busy. She was busy. I was like, I'm not fighting with Denise alone again. Get your ass in here. No, I don't think, get a good one and come out.
Speaker 2: I was masturbating.
Speaker 3: I apparently needed a lesson, not from you. Everyone calmed down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, but no.
Speaker 3: They're talking a lot about why Mollie who?
Speaker 2: That's Michelle's character.
Speaker 3: Michelle's character, it's so horny after she leaves her husband. She's been trying to have sex with her husband three years, for three years, and he won't and then they kind of start to and then he like pushes her off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not shocked, And then are weird?
Speaker 3: It gave me the egg.
Speaker 2: He gave me the egg.
Speaker 3: But then she made listen, guys, if you want to go on the World Wide Web to masturbate. The mistake she made almost pushed me over the edge. So she goes on. She thinks she's watching let's just call him Max. She thinks she's watching Max masturbate so she can masturbate.
Speaker 4: Too, So it's kind of like they're doing it together, but he in fact records her and then holds her hostage for money.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So then after she's done, she sees a picture of herself like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kind of like and I yeah, but you know it's funny. He goes, I paid him in Behavian dollars.
Speaker 3: It's like, so at the end of the fucking day, she has to call her husband and says, I'm being held hostage from a poor and I recorded on myself.
Speaker 4: Yes, And you know this makes me like this character meaning her husband, because he helped. He said, Okay, I don't want to see you like this like this, given the money problem.
Speaker 3: But then he then he kept going. He didn't just leave it, he kept going.
Speaker 2: Then he's shamed her for it. Yeah, and this is like, okay, let's just yeah, let's not do.
Speaker 3: That, like you. I haven't watched the full season, but I think a PSA to anybody that wants to get back together with a partner, whether it's they're dying or they're you know, just they had a bunch of kids and she's hit the fan is like, quit making it about you.
Speaker 2: Yep, quit making it about you.
Speaker 3: Quit making it about you. I listened to something. I'm listening to self help these days. Guys. That's the level. That's the level.
Speaker 2: Do you know that?
Speaker 4: That's all that plays in my home is like meditation and self help and realization and all that because I just feel like I need it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently we need it. Well. I was listening to mel Robbins and she said, who I don't necessarily always love the long stuff, but when she has little clips. So there's a clip about how when you want your partner to change and you continuously give them advice or tips or like provide over information, it makes your partner want to change less. I agree with that, like quit shoving it down my throat.
Speaker 4: I also think that they they're reminded of their mothers. Like everybody thinks that, like you know, you're mothering them and they turn it gets turned off.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, but from a guy especially, what is your thought on men being very close with their mothers.
Speaker 2: I think there's a limit. I think that well.
Speaker 4: I think when a mother oversteps their boundary in a grown man's life, I'm not talking about a child in a grown man's life, you know, I think that you have to separate from your mom and be your own person. It's great to have a close relationship with your mother, but you also have to be your own person.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, Slate says that, no matter what the situation is, I will always pick cruise.
Speaker 2: Oh where is this coming from?
Speaker 3: Well, because the other night we were watching Well, now I really have to second guess myself.
Speaker 2: But wait a second, note Slate's twelve.
Speaker 3: Slate's twelve.
Speaker 4: Well, we already know what well think about when Teddy was twelve fighting with her mom.
Speaker 3: You think she's going through the curse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know Erica twelve fighting with Renee. I'm fifty three and I still fight with that woman. Well, listen, I'm just telling you mothers and daughters, but heads, mothers and sons. That's a love affair.
Speaker 3: Well, that that's where we're getting. Yeah, so we're watching Bad Robot, which, now, in the last three months, I've cried in two Robot movies. Okay, so that's a fucking the Jennifer Lopez Robot movie. That had to have been The Tomb.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I cried in that, and then I cried in Bad Robot, And Slate got up to go to the restroom and she was cuddling with me, but Slay cuddle's kind of in a love you slate.
Speaker 2: Like a teddy way, like it's like falling on you way. Oh, she's like overly. Oh she's laying on you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like laying on Well, they get bigger and it's it's like, yeah, now she's heavy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're heavy.
Speaker 3: And so and it's like very like and I'm like, I'm like having hot and cold flashes and then cruise. When Slay got up to go to the restroom, he jumped right in and snuggled in perfectly with the farm and slight came out. She's like, Mom, you let them in again. And I was like, ah, only for ten minutes.
Speaker 2: But now I realize I am that person. That's okay, that's okay. I know you love your children.
Speaker 3: I love them all equally, but sometimes they different ones annoy me at different times.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm an only child and I only have one child, so I have no experience in this area. So I can't tell you whether parents have favorites or children that they connect with more. But I would imagine I'm imagining that there are kids like certain ones of your kids that you connect with on different levels, like I connect with this one in this way, or you know, and.
Speaker 3: There's different things. I'm like Slate, I would lay down and die for you tomorrow and do anything to be at every single event you're at, like I would do any think.
Speaker 2: You have are thing, our addativity.
Speaker 3: We like to do these certain things together, like our thing may not be cuddling.
Speaker 4: Right, you're thinking, yeah, and I think, but she's also twelve. She's you know.
Speaker 3: I know she knows all the words. She asked me to if I want to see her halls, which I absolutely don't.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: That's when you go shopping at addictive a hall?
Speaker 2: H a U L.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to do I want to see her hall? No I don't. I already paid for.
Speaker 4: It, like her Sophora Hall. Yes, they're into skincare these kids more better.
Speaker 3: I'm like, go into my drawer and take take every single thing that someone sent me. But anyways, back to dying for sex.
Speaker 4: So what's your most adventurous sexual I kind of like that. Yeah, I already said what mine was weeks ago. I said multiples, multiples.
Speaker 3: I think the more that I think about it now is like I've been trying to figure out what is that I really like and what I don't like? And what what I've realized is if.
Speaker 2: I'm do you have a lot of sexual partners?
Speaker 3: I mean I've had more than ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I blue White, I've had body count.
Speaker 3: But she's got a high body count, but not high body count hair. No, what is wig hair considered for body counts? Who would even know?
Speaker 2: It's fabulous. That's what we're going with.
Speaker 3: So anyways, this could be a newer old person. We'll just you guys, gather what you want. But it's figuring out like I like this or I don't like this.
Speaker 4: So you have like, uh, someone like a partner that you're really discovering things with.
Speaker 3: Correct, Oh my god, that's wonderful. Yes, that is okay, discovering that's wonderful.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's cool when you have that type of back and forth and like you can just try things and you feel comfortable enough to do them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then being like, eh, that actually wasn't it for me, but but I can tell maybe it was it for you.
Speaker 4: Well, then that's where you switch off, you know, like I know you really like this and I really like that, So let's do this and.
Speaker 3: Then so here's the moral of the story. Guys is have conversations. I talk about it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's the more relaxed and open you are, the easier it is to have these conversations. And it really is like, that's how you're gonna get the best sex life is.
Speaker 3: And I'm faking it doesn't do anything for anybody. I'm going to tell you, I'm not even bother with faking it. No, no, not even not even a little who nothing, it's a zip.
Speaker 4: It should I look it should have never had to but yes, certainly not now.
Speaker 3: No no, no no. So then we into part that I don't necessarily relate to. But Mollie is trying. Mollie has never had an orgasm. I I have pre cancer. I had orgasms, not.
Speaker 2: I said I have them now I fixed my problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something I remember having orgasms is really young?
Speaker 3: I feel like I did too, like really like is this in appropriate to say? But like with the with the jacuzzi thing.
Speaker 2: I love a jet.
Speaker 3: I used to tell people about it.
Speaker 2: I love the jacuzi jets.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows what that is?
Speaker 2: Like nine or ten?
Speaker 3: Yeahzi jets.
Speaker 4: I was like, no, no, I'll get in then by myself in these weird positions.
Speaker 2: Why are you let wait my backburns?
Speaker 3: Hold on, I'm in a one piece right, hold on? Hold on? Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: The Chacoozi jets like anything I could get my hand.
Speaker 3: But the problem is, I don't think a jacuzzi jet would work for me these days.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of water. I feel like I'm.
Speaker 3: Be getting UTIs left and right.
Speaker 2: We probably did, just don't remember that part.
Speaker 4: We just don't know a lot of girls know about the jacuzzi jets.
Speaker 3: Listen the jacuzzi. If you had a friend who had a house that had a jacuzzi and it was warm, you knew what you were going to go?
Speaker 2: Do you knew what you were doing? And shit, let's go to Kyle's.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kyle Saudi and Erica, can you go ahead and turn on the heat?
Speaker 4: Can you turn on the heat and the zis will be right over And you said over there, it's what we ought to do and time ourselves.
Speaker 2: Aha, how long.
Speaker 3: It takes each of us with the jet?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: What if I took the longest. That might be because I don't get to have the since I had the cancers. I don't get to have all my hormones I used to have. Yeah, I know, so I had to really get inside my head.
Speaker 4: That's really where you have to start going is inside your head, which is why do you think I will I do certain things to trick myself into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but well now I know this whole thing about porn not looking at people's faces, and I got so desperate the other day. I was like, maybe I should porns. I was like, I guess I'll watch the Kim Kardashian one. And then I got into it. I was like, I can't have sex. I mean, I can't during this.
Speaker 2: No, that's not a that's not one that we needed. Yeah, well it was readily available.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you.
Speaker 4: Need to do You need to do specific searches on things that you're into, and then you will get the material that will help you achieve that moment. I'm not, oh gosh, it's all about tricking yourself into certain visuals.
Speaker 3: Well. Another part that we get into is that Michelle Williams's character gets really into controlling men, and that's what actually gets her off for the first time.
Speaker 4: I think that a lot of women could relate to that quite honestly controlling and.
Speaker 3: What do you like that? Are you one of those women that relate to that?
Speaker 4: Not really, I mean I like back and forth. I don't think that that's something. I think it it would be interesting to explore. I followed this and Dominatrix on TikTok, like I like the idea of it, but maybe not in a personal sense, like like I think how she does it, which is a client based service, okay, but not in my personal personal relationships. That's not something that I need to have happened. But I like I like surrendering.
Speaker 2: I like feeling. I like feeling.
Speaker 3: I like feeling not small and like a physical way, but like this person is.
Speaker 2: I like feeling, for lack of a better word, feminine.
Speaker 3: I know it's soft and it's not like we have the voices that we.
Speaker 4: Have right, and not that we're not the bitches that we are raging.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know, here's the thing I would like.
Speaker 4: To And I think that you know, you and I live these lives where we are perceived one way, and that's fine, but in a personal relationship or in an intimate relationship, I don't want to be that.
Speaker 2: I want to be soft and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to feel dare I say this guys love? Yeah, I loved and cared for and like this person would do anything for me, but also has enough going on for themselves.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't even get that far.
Speaker 4: Like I'm just talking about the moment of intimacy, like when you talk about intimate moments. I would like to feel cared for and loved and then a little bit of like I mean in moments and then the other moments, I'd like to feel some dirty shit.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, but I think that can all kind of work together. Does But she, on the other hand, you know, pretends to be a dog and peas on somebody, but her radiation is apparently can't get on the person. So there's like, oh is.
Speaker 2: That a real thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like when I go to get radiation, yeah, I'm always like why can't you know? Most of the time it's Gen with me. I'm like, why can't Gen come in? And she's like, you're radioactive?
Speaker 2: You are radioactive.
Speaker 3: That being said, I haven't damn it, I missed the opportunity because now I'm done with radiation. I had didn't try to pee on anybody after well.
Speaker 2: Hey, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Can can you come over here and give me a quick radiation. I'm gonna be on eric and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Please do not pee on me.
Speaker 4: Now I may have peed on some people, but I'm not radioactive.
Speaker 3: Have you ever squirted?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: The squirt thing is just another way of happening an organism. We can you. Yes, I love that.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I can do it, but I mean it takes it.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's it.
Speaker 4: Takes a certain time. I was telling someone this the other day. I was like, look, this takes a certain setup and a certain level of relaxation and then it's like the water hose is open.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then, but if you try to do it too quick.
Speaker 2: It does not work.
Speaker 3: It won't work.
Speaker 2: It won't work.
Speaker 3: It's flawed.
Speaker 4: It is flawed, and it has to be a certain it's a certain angle.
Speaker 3: So if you're listening and you think that you can't squirt, you can't because the way I did. For the first time, I actually made a bet and said I know I can't. Oh, I know I can't, And then all of a sudden, seven minutes later, I was like, that must be what that is.
Speaker 4: So I bought a book many years ago because I was fascinated by this. So like fifteen years ago, I bought this book from this please call cocoad demur it's not open anymore.
Speaker 3: And I used to buy your Screwed if you want any sections.
Speaker 2: So I used to buy all of this erotica.
Speaker 4: And I actually want to write some erotica because I think it'd be fun for me. And I have a wild imagination.
Speaker 3: Would you use a stage name?
Speaker 2: Oh, I just write it as Erica Jane.
Speaker 3: Why know, let's do this. I want I want to do I want you to do it. Okay, so I can read it. I just recently learned something, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think I should do it.
Speaker 4: And I bought this book about scorting, and I read through it and read through it and read through it like all the biology and how you do this and stuff and stuff, and so at first I did it by myself, like I made myself do it.
Speaker 3: You can make yourself do it.
Speaker 2: I had learned how to do Did you have nails on? No?
Speaker 4: I did not, no, not no no no, But I learned how to make myself do it.
Speaker 2: And then years later I did it with a partner.
Speaker 3: Did you teach. Did you have to teach the partner now?
Speaker 2: The partner taught me a lot I already had.
Speaker 4: I said, look, I can do this by myself, but I've never done it with a partner.
Speaker 2: The partner taught me and then and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty great, guys.
Speaker 2: It's worth but it is it is, it is worth it. I mean it is a different type of release. It really is like.
Speaker 3: You feel very relaxed afterwards.
Speaker 4: And I always knew I could do it because I always had to pee after I had an orgasm.
Speaker 3: Me too, well, which you're actually supposed to, that's exactly, but I have to pee even if there's I've been, I don't have an orgasm, I immediately have to pee before restarting.
Speaker 4: Having I there's a lot of there's a lot to that, and I'm shured, like, look, the medical profession thinks that you know this is word.
Speaker 3: I think it's pe, but it's not. I I want to teach down the rabbit hole. It's clear, it's.
Speaker 2: Clear, and it has no smell, no taste.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I didn't taste it.
Speaker 4: I did I did it all I needed to do it. I did it all, especially when I was making myself do it. At first I needed to know exactly what was happening. And then I had this partner who really we did it together, and now I.
Speaker 3: Can leaned into.
Speaker 2: It, really leaned into it, and it was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So guys experiment trying to think make you don't just wait till you're you know the stories about you on FX, you're dying for sex. You're having to try things for the first time in a panicked way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like maybe I'm just going to say something this Really, when I was watching this, I was like, my.
Speaker 3: God, this is tinny, Like you don't want to be in that situation. And I think so many of us are so scared to open up or talk about what we want or need or what feels good or what doesn't that you end up missing your whole life. And that goes for everything in life.
Speaker 2: No matter what you're doing, yeah, or what you're facing.
Speaker 3: Like, there's things in my life that I'm like, shit, I never did that?
Speaker 2: What just like like what.
Speaker 3: Annoying dumb shit?
Speaker 2: Like should we do it now?
Speaker 3: I mean it's not great, it's to clean out my drawers in the cabinet.
Speaker 2: You might though you're gonna say something cool. Now, like got to to bet.
Speaker 3: Let's let's go out of town somewhere.
Speaker 2: I'll go with you.
Speaker 3: But I can't wear heels, so what.
Speaker 2: It would be a break not to wear heels?
Speaker 3: Okay, great? If we can commit to going somewhere and not.
Speaker 4: Somewhere like on an adventure where like we really but I don't want to have to be itchy itchy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I don't want to have to deal with bugs.
Speaker 2: I don't want I don't want to do that either. Okay, great, are you allowed to travel?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What are your limitations? I'm not allowed to do anything.
Speaker 3: I'm allowed to do anything. I thought I wasn't allowed to do anything, and things got a little dark around here. Sure, and then I just now every time I have a question. I sent him a text and immediately he writes back. I'm like, he's like, I cursed the day I gave that woman my No, he doesn't.
Speaker 4: He did much rather hear from you and have you happy and doing being But.
Speaker 3: Then he's like hilarious. Then he asked questions what's the tattoo going to be? And I'm like, I am not riding back at I.
Speaker 2: Want to ask you a question.
Speaker 4: Is there anything that we your friends, can do better to support you like.
Speaker 3: Now and with cancer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, because I'll be honest with you, people are listening, and oftentimes we as friends don't know the best way to support someone like you, and we make it about ourselves, or we start to cry, or we get upset, and I'm wondering, what can you tell me as your friend or maybe others that are listening to help people that are that are where you are.
Speaker 3: I think if you truly have a question you want to help, you have to listen to what the person says, like which you do. So one of the biggest things that I've struggled with since and which I'm struggling with these lights right now, is.
Speaker 2: It hurting you not terribly but not your eyeballs.
Speaker 3: But my eyeballs get really sore, so I'm not. I don't love to text, like texting used to be my thing now I know now we send audio. Yeah, So I told Erica and actually they were like, what's the best way to communicate? And I said, please just voice text me. I can't read. It's I mean, I can read, it's just a pain. And then I don't want to do it, so just listening to that and sending voice like my sister sent her first voice note of all time, and she's like, hey, period, it's justice, period. Just want the amount of time. I made fun of her after like that gave me so much joy. I said, you said a fucking comma on the voice Noteirl, like, don't you don't.
Speaker 2: Need to put a comma a recording.
Speaker 3: It's your recording of your voice. And now now it's her new favorite thing. Now I'm like, I'm about to take this feature away from you.
Speaker 2: Because now she's just voicing.
Speaker 3: Now it could be anything. It could be twenty seven minutes long.
Speaker 4: Welldres remember went on for two minutes. I was like, girl, we're just trying to I love you, but you know.
Speaker 3: If we have to halt, press pod twice yes, and then again to through your voice note. I'm not listening to the whole thing.
Speaker 4: It's a lot, I think. But so voice notes are good under a minute, under a minute, So.
Speaker 3: What voice notes are good under a minute? Something that has been really helpful and people are gonna be like, oh wow, you have money. It's so stupid. But people kept asking Jen what should we do for Teddy? And she was like listen. You know, she has a lot of kids. She's used to preparing dinner every night for everybody. Right, so there's like a it's called the food train.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: And you sign up for a night and you have dinner delivered to the family at five o'clock.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's nice.
Speaker 4: So the cool thing for I thought she were going to say, somebody came and cook. I was like, girl, don't ask me. These kids will be starting No, that's.
Speaker 3: Super expensive, but no, And so it's the cool thing for me is like I'm such a creature of habit. I normally would eat the same thing every day, like rotate between four options for the kids. This way, it's a different person sending you food. And you know, I don't do weekends so we can go out and stuff like that. But it's been really nice, like I can expect it. It comes, it utilizes the entire family, and.
Speaker 2: I guess it really like frees you up to do.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm really It was like making me feel guilty because at four o'clock's like when I get really tired and I'm like, oh no, I at gymnastics and then I gotta get blah blah, blah, and then I gotta get food. But now I come home from whatever afternoon event, the kids have or ready dinners sitting there, and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I need to sign up for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's been really nice. The food train, the.
Speaker 2: Food train, and I think not making it about us.
Speaker 3: Not making it about us and the food train and telling people what you actually want.
Speaker 2: There's no better time than the present.
Speaker 3: But guys, for next week, because now you know, I think that I'm coming back together a little bit more. We want to hear what you want me and Erica to speak about what topics, what things? Yeah, yes, we of course we can talk about sex.
Speaker 4: Forever, but that's kind of boring too, Like we wanted a lot today and okay, whatever, we're freaks, but freaks.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I have a new business venture.
Speaker 2: First, Oh my god, what is it?
Speaker 5: Creamer jets Jets a little two portable jets.
Speaker 2: You know what I think it said? The medicine is getting to your.
Speaker 3: No, what listen, A portable jet could look like a little foot massage.
Speaker 2: It has to have a water source.
Speaker 3: Right, the foot massage where you put your feet in air. Now you're getting you know what you're getting? It they're seeing it back there.
Speaker 2: Ever done the jets on the jacuzzi?
Speaker 3: See everyone?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Oh does it get that to go?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna try that way, Okay, I have where to get filled up.
Speaker 3: So guys, send us a message if you have tried out the jacuzzi for more ways than a sore back.
Speaker 2: I have a sore back after it, you know what. I have the jacuzzie at home and I don't get in. Let me get that going.
Speaker 3: That might be the time that I come over to visit. Hey, guys, we're thirty minutes late for the pod. Don't worry about it. We'll see you when we see you.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you know you have to laugh at this shit because you have to.
Speaker 3: Oh guys, I didn't mean to make that noise, But Cruz and I were very excited to see Erica on the mask singer. How good was she? Those were hard songs.
Speaker 2: They were hard songs.
Speaker 4: The costume was a lot. The costume weighed eight pounds, of the head weighed about eight pounds and so, and you can see very little. So it was wonderful. And I'll show you some bts. Yeah, I had a great time, thank you. I had the best time.
Speaker 3: Did you have any idea who anyone else was? No.
Speaker 4: I am telling you this show to everyone, the production, to costume, to dancers, to core, everybody at mass singer. I just want to say, this is the most fun show. And Method Man.
Speaker 2: Was my neighbor and I had no idea, and I'm a fan.
Speaker 3: I love Method Man. I'm at Dan and I we had you walked around like this, you never saw anybody.
Speaker 4: You walk around with gloves, a hoodie advisor and you do not speak, and you have a handler and they.
Speaker 2: Take you everywhere and you are separating.
Speaker 4: Uh not really, there's suggested to you, and then you go with I think what best fits your vocal or the there's nights, you know, so there's like Grand Old Opry night, or there was the Ghostbuster night, or there's you know whatever night, and like boy band night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you have a songs that you.
Speaker 3: Choose from that are obviously boy bands and then you well, Cruise guessed you night one. But unfortunately he called you Erica James.
Speaker 4: That's fine, Erica James is good too, Jenna James, listen, Erica James.
Speaker 2: Whatever he goes, that's your friend, mom, whatever.
Speaker 3: And I was like who And he's like the one I thought was you the one day Erica James.
Speaker 2: I love that. I love that.
Speaker 4: Go cruise, Go cruise like it's Jane. It doesn't matter, call me whatever the hell you want, whatever, But.
Speaker 3: I was really proud of you and I loved watching him.
Speaker 2: Thank you. It was a great time. I had the best time.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, thank you.