Speaker 1: You want from Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: PHP one and only, world famous Perez Hilton.
Speaker 3: Everybody, welcome to the php A booker. There's Perez. What do you have on tap for us today?
Speaker 4: Some maybe not surprising, but some bittersweet Sabrina Carpenter news, some very sad Shawn Mendez news to get to. Also an update on Lady Gaga if you listened to our Patreon development there, and also the very latest with Benefer, which is shocking to a lot of people. All that and more. I went to go see Richard Marx over the weekend and I just love rich I love him because you know, I grew up with his music, but I had never seen him in concert before, like two years ago was the first time. And he is so dynamic, like engaging, He's got his charismatic and he's really funny.
Speaker 3: That's the thing about him. I mean, he has a wit about him. He comes out and he's like, we're about the yacht rock the shit out of.
Speaker 1: Tonight, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like he always has these funny one liners and is he does he have somebody opening?
Speaker 1: Because he was out with uh not opening.
Speaker 4: It was like it was really interesting because you know, I didn't really go for this other guy. Nothing against him. He's performing with Rick Springfield, right, they do it simultaneously like together. It's just the two. It's just the two of them acoustic and one will do one song, the other one will do another song.
Speaker 1: Interesting a song each.
Speaker 4: You know, I didn't really know Rick Springfield's music, but I still enjoyed it. I mean, obviously I know Jesse's Girl, but that's literally the only song I knew.
Speaker 1: You know, Don't Talk to Strangers.
Speaker 4: No, I did not know a single other song he has, like ten number one. His big album came out in nineteen eighty one. I was three years old. But it was a great show, fun time. Let's get right into it. First, some music news. I forget when we talked about it, but I know that we mentioned Sean Mendes on our show. He released this new music that I said, you know, I remember it because he corrected me on the pronunciation. I said. It reminded me of Noah Khan. Light like Noah Noah Khan's little brother.
Speaker 1: Well that's a good thing, isn't it.
Speaker 3: But not as good no his little brother, but the little brother that doesn't make music that.
Speaker 4: Good exactly not that it's bad either. I'm not saying that he released two new songs and not that they're bad. They're just not that good. And I'm waiting for the final numbers. But based on what I saw last night, one of the two new songs that he released is probably not even going to chart on the Hot one hundred, and the second song is going to debut in the eighty something range. I'm always fascinating to see how you know, just three or four years ago, you could be a superstar and now, like Lady Perry, like you're struggling to even chart on the Hot one hundred. Sean Mendes has one of the biggest songs of all time with I Mean like You Singorita was the song of the year. It was a monsters ginormous hit. And now where are your fucking fans? Yeah, I'm always baffled by that, and especially because like the song's not bad, it's just very mediocre, and I'm gonna say it's maybe also just he wasn't hungry enough, like sometimes artists of this stature, they don't want to put in the work. You gotta fucking do radio stations, you gotta do multiple TV, you gotta there's no sure thing anymore.
Speaker 3: You're right, he didn't put in the work. Well, remember he tapped out for quite some time.
Speaker 4: Not that like two years.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a.
Speaker 3: Long time to be away, especially coming off of pandemic when everyone.
Speaker 1: Was tapped out.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, you know, I think you really gotta go out there and show face and keep writing and work with some people. You know, A guy like him could work with anybody.
Speaker 1: That he wants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's talented, he really is. He definitely has it. He has the look, he can play, you know, he's interesting and you need good songs though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's still young, because I know that we're very youth focused. He's only like twenty four, twenty five, twenty six around there. So anyways, hopefully, you know what, hopefully nothing. He's doing what he wants. He's also such a big star he can do whatever he wants.
Speaker 3: I mean, once you're a big star, you're a big star. It's not like him and Katie Perry are no longer famous. They can still get into any room they want to for the rest of their lives probably, so take it for what it's worth.
Speaker 1: He's still fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah. In more music news, which makes me so happy to talk about. On our Patreon, we both shared our thoughts about the new Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars song. We won't repeat it, but if you want to hear it, you can go to patreon dot com slash Perez Hilton's like However, I will share an update based on the numbers that I saw over the weekend and talking to my industry experts. Not a Katie Perry situation. I'm actually impressed. I think the song is doing better than I thought it would.
Speaker 1: It's a great song.
Speaker 4: I said. We weren't gonna give our thoughts.
Speaker 1: Jesus, what should I do?
Speaker 3: Just sit here as a fucking mute while you ramble on about some fucking numbers. I mean, there's an exciting show.
Speaker 4: You don't have to give your thoughts on the song.
Speaker 3: Again, God didn't give my thoughts on the song.
Speaker 4: He said it's a great song.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I think I'm allowed to come on a podcast and say a song is a great song without sharing things. And I don't quite give a fuck that I just said it only on the Patreon. I'll say it everywhere and anywhere the radio, on social media, to you, to whomever, it's a great fucking song. And I didn't say it was a great song on the Patreon either. I said I like it, let me let it settle in a little bit, which it has, and to me it prints it's fucking great.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a great song.
Speaker 3: You have terrible taste. So who cares what you think.
Speaker 4: It's gonna do? Somewhere in the top twenty right now, it's looking at number eleven or twelve. Wait, but you know what that means. If it's looking at an eleven or twelve debut, they're gonna fucking make it go top ten. Somehow, they will pull some trick up their sleeves and make it go top ten.
Speaker 1: Whose song is it?
Speaker 4: It's her song?
Speaker 1: It is her song, right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Does she typically care about things like that? Because I don't ever recall her caring.
Speaker 4: The label cares. I think she cares. I think he cares too.
Speaker 3: See, I don't think the label gives a shit because they haven't been chasing records for her and quite some time. Because that's not the mandate from her. She just seems to be above it. She's just like, I'm just gonna do what Gaga does. You know, she doesn't chase singles all right, or records or charts or anything.
Speaker 1: It's one of the reasons I love her.
Speaker 3: It's not this fake phony put on I'm gonna you know, I gotta be number one. She's like, i'd gotta be great, and that's what she seems to do.
Speaker 4: So question then follow up. If it debuts at eleven or twelve, and it peaks at eleven or twelve, is not able to crack the top ten ever on the Billboard Hot one hundred, what do you say about that?
Speaker 3: Every record is different. I don't think a debut means no.
Speaker 4: No I said. I said, it peaks and isn't able to go higher than eleven or twelve.
Speaker 3: There's many many songs that never appeared in the top ten that you could say are hits after a long runway of time of just living in the ether.
Speaker 1: It depends. Once again, I.
Speaker 3: Always say, let's just see, let's just see what it does.
Speaker 4: So in order for you to say it's a hit.
Speaker 3: It has to resonate somewhere. I'm sorry, not somewhere, it has to resonate everywhere. It has to be something everybody says, Oh, yeah, I know that, or that's good, or it's touched me somehow outside of my fandom.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know if that's gonna happen, but we'll see.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's two incredibly big artists there. It's hard not to especially with the type of song it is, it's going to be hard not to permeate pop culture with it.
Speaker 4: I think you're wrong. My industry sources expect that it'll plummet on week two, So I guess the real test will be week five, six, seven, eight.
Speaker 3: Like I said, it's not one size fits all with the Hot one hundred, it just isn't you have a Taylor Swift debuts in all ten positions of the Hot one hundred, and there wasn't one hit on the entire ten songs. So it doesn't mean anything. Everything is a gauge. It's a piece of a puzzle, and at the end of the day, you put the puzzle together and you say, oh, what does it look like right now? The first piece has been put on the board, and that's all that the charts are and what they mean. When it's like a Katie Perry and she puts out a song that doesn't land anywhere on the puzzle.
Speaker 1: You're like going, ah, you got problems here.
Speaker 3: You know, when you're that big of an artist and you have that much muscle behind you.
Speaker 4: Well, Speaking of Taylor Swift, she is number one again on the Billboard Album chart for a very impressive week, number fifteen, on an album that Booker says is not a hit album.
Speaker 1: I said, it doesn't have any hits on.
Speaker 4: It, so it is a hit out.
Speaker 1: It could be a hit album if you want to go.
Speaker 3: I mean to say, an album's fifteen weeks on the chart, I can't say it's a stiff.
Speaker 1: I said, there's no hit songs.
Speaker 4: On fifteen weeks at number one.
Speaker 1: So I mean she has a lot of fans.
Speaker 3: Okay, outside of your fan base, that's how you permeate. She just happens to have the biggest fan base in the world right now.
Speaker 4: At what number of number weeks at number one.
Speaker 1: Once again, I guess you can't hear what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's all a piece of a larger puzzle. That is a very large piece of the puzzle.
Speaker 4: It's said on our Patreon if the album sucked, the fans wouldn't continue to stream it.
Speaker 3: It's not all about streams. It's all about purchases and Vinyl. Yes it is.
Speaker 4: I actually no, it's you're so your next topic.
Speaker 1: Please, you don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: You're you're wrong in an unpressed it is not about to let me say it, in an unprecedented move. I don't know why they get I guess I know why they did this. Listen Billboard last night when they announced that Taylor was number one. They wanted to somehow, I guess clear the air or don't or maybe they felt pressure by Team Taylor. They put like a little asterisk. Billboard said the album would have been number one even if it didn't sell any digital copies this past week.
Speaker 1: Who cares about digital copies?
Speaker 3: Nobody's buying digital copies or copies outside of streaming.
Speaker 4: It was Vinyl. I mean maybe Vinyl.
Speaker 1: Okaye, Vinyl counts.
Speaker 4: Who the fuck is buying her Vinyl? Five months? The kids, every single one of them, the album already had them on their walls.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but any Taylor fans I never has four of her albums on the wall as art.
Speaker 4: Anyways, I don't want to keep having this conversation.
Speaker 1: They quick bringing it up.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just bringing it up because it's like, Wow, another week at number one, you're so right Okay anyways, and at number two this week. I just mentioned that to get me to the number two album of the week, which is Chapel Roan. Congratulations to her full of hit songs. By the way, nearly a year after releasing her album, this past week, she moved seventy five thousand plus units in its like month Tenry Levin or something. Yeah, unprecedented.
Speaker 3: I think she'll be number one for the next five or six weeks, I hope.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: As much as we know about Chapel roone and we're seeing it in social media and whatever, were people in the biz, the masses still don't know who she is. And once that happens and these songs really kick into that next mom gear or people that aren't quite paying attention, it's going to be number one for a long time. But there's hit songs behind it too, because you look at the songs in the hot one hundred, there's a lot of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, no, very exciting, very exciting.
Speaker 1: That's the difference between the two.
Speaker 4: Congratulations to her. Also more music related news that's couples related Sabrina Carpenter. It's released a week for her congratulations something positive. Unfortunately, according to multiple reports, the Espresso singer and her boyfriend who was in her music video, The Kiss of Death actor Barry Key. I don't know. I can't fucking pronounce Kogan Kiogin.
Speaker 1: I thought it was k I have no idea he's Irish.
Speaker 4: Maybe k e o g h a n kit Keegan Kegan.
Speaker 1: I think it is okay, go with that.
Speaker 4: He was in The Batman. He was in Saltburn, was a big movie with people of a certain I never wat. He was in Eternals, which I saw. That movie sucked balls.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I don't think I ever heard of that Eternals.
Speaker 4: It's a Marvel movie. It was the worst Marvel movie I've ever seen. Sabrina and him had been dating for a while, but they just broke up. Apparently she's just over well the long distance. You know. They spend time together, but he's mainly based out of Ireland. He has a young child, allegedly. I don't know the timing of it all. Some people think he might have left his baby mama for Sabrina, but I'm not saying. I'm not saying that happened he could have been over with the baby mama already. Yeah right, he does have a young, young, young, young child at home and apparently one of the other extenuating factors he's Irish. He likes to drink, and he gets very sloppy when drunk. Key parties a little too hard, and it's like that song of hers, Please Please Please came to life. He embarrassed her motherfucker. So sad there. But on the flip side, some positive music related couple's news and it's a full circle moment. Doja Cat has been spending some time with British actor Joseph Quinn. You probably don't know who he is, but a lot of people know him from Stranger Things. He's that's a huge show.
Speaker 1: Oh I watch that? Which one is he?
Speaker 4: I don't know because all stranger is Yeah, she's.
Speaker 1: With him, huh, no kidding.
Speaker 4: He's older, thirty years old. And what's funny is that two years ago Doja Cat slid into Noah Schnap's DMS. He's one of the kids on Stranger Things, and she told him tell Joseph to hit me up. Really yeah, but then remember pretty funny, No, but then it became like this big thing where Noah talked about this somehow I forget where he I mean, he might have talked about it on an interview or something, and that pissed Dojacat off. So she called him out and it was like this is like it was a big thing back in twenty twenty two. We probably even talked about it on the podcast.
Speaker 1: This feels familiar to me.
Speaker 4: You know Dojiacat being messy, you know, typical Dojiacat.
Speaker 1: Well, that's familiar.
Speaker 4: But now they've been spotted over the last two weeks multiple times hanging out in London, and just over the weekend they were spotted canoodling at some establishment. I think it might be a bar restaurant. I don't remember exactly where. So just you know, good on them making it work. Keep an eye on that new couple alert. That's funny bringing it down for a moment. Unfortunately, we spoke a lot of Matthew Perry on the Patreon show Patreon dot com slash Perez Hilton. But there's a new little bit of information that makes this is making me scratch my head. I'm not a perfect person. What I like to acknowledge that get out. I believe in discrimination.
Speaker 1: I'll follow you down this trail. Where are we going here?
Speaker 4: A couple things. I believe in discriminating against old doctors. I'm not gonna have an eighty something year old doctor perform a procedure on me. I literally just saw this art headline about this eighty four year old doctor did not have his hearing aids on and couldn't hear a patient screaming in pain when he was getting a colonoscopy. I'm like, that's on you, bro, I'm not getting I'm not getting a colonoscopy from eighty four year old. So I believe in discriminating against old doctors. I believe in this is one of my This is gonna be one of our best segments ever. I believe in discriminating against fat personal trainers. I'm not gonna have I'm not gonna be a I'm not gonna have a fat personal trainer train me, Like, like, what the fuck? And then that leads me to the Matthew Perry of it all. Okay, over the weekend, we found out that Matthew Perry met his drug dealer in rehab.
Speaker 1: That's wild.
Speaker 4: I believe in discriminating against drug dealers in rehab. I'm not saying that you should they shouldn't get treatment, but I believe there should be treatment facilities, a few in the country where they could fly to that specialize in treating just drug dealers.
Speaker 3: What La la Landy you live in No, but I'm serious, where there's programs for everything. Every junkie is just a junkie. Okay, you'll do anything. I said this on the last show. You'll do anything to get it. It doesn't matter if you have money or don't have money.
Speaker 4: I think that they should be discriminated against. Like what if they're faking it? Like what if they're not really trying to get better and they're just trying to get clients.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's on you.
Speaker 4: I still don't like it, that's on it.
Speaker 3: I don't like the drug dealers are always out there.
Speaker 1: I'm always going to be knocking on the door.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, keep them away from these very vulnerable people.
Speaker 1: Well you can't. That's the whole point. You can't.
Speaker 4: That's bullshit.
Speaker 1: Well the world is bullshit. You're finally awake.
Speaker 4: I don't like it, all right, As I predicted on our Patreon show, I said that over the weekend, the whole Blake Lively of it all would die down.
Speaker 1: You're high.
Speaker 3: It's everywhere online. There's stories everywhere.
Speaker 4: I set you like five. That's because you're behind all of the fucking tiktoks you sent me. I had already seen a day or two prior.
Speaker 3: It's the hottest story in the world. And it's like you didn't even put it. He does this thing just so he could feel like he's right. It's the biggest story in the world right now. Now, Mike Lively, there's nothing that you've mentioned on this show, nothing that you've said on this show so far that's bigger than Blake Lively right now, name one thing.
Speaker 4: I'll wait that story. There haven't been many developments.
Speaker 3: It's not simmered down. What's the new thing that's knocked it off the shelf? You know how this works.
Speaker 4: I didn't say the story was over. I said it died down, meaning it's not as big as it was. So it has died it down.
Speaker 3: I don't think it has. I think it's still exactly the same. No, I think people still can't get enough of this story.
Speaker 4: No way, it's people. I'm over it personally, and I'm and I love the drama.
Speaker 3: You're fucking on TikTok last night.
Speaker 1: Talking about it. What are you talking about? You're so full of shit.
Speaker 3: You were talking about it last night because people were saying before fucking.
Speaker 1: Bed I punch in number one.
Speaker 3: I hear you crying like a bitch, I don't have any money, Like that's good content. Number one and number two. Then you're talking about Blake Lively.
Speaker 1: So stop with this.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm just saying this so I could be right for what I said on Friday show.
Speaker 4: You're wrong.
Speaker 1: It's the biggest story in the world, so.
Speaker 4: Please, Oh God, you're so crazy. It's so right. It's not the biggest story anymore. There are some updates, but not a lot like last week it was every day, multiple updates, Like I'm in this bus. You're not in the industry.
Speaker 1: You have to be in the industry to have a feed.
Speaker 4: You're not aware anyways the updates, So.
Speaker 3: You think there's no no what tuned in right now to hear some Blake Lively updates because you're on planet cracked, by the way.
Speaker 1: That was Patreon on Friday.
Speaker 3: So the last time we talked was a week ago when the Blake Lively story wasn't even really a story.
Speaker 4: It was already a story.
Speaker 3: One of the people here are even caught up.
Speaker 4: It was a big story. We we talked about it on last Monday, barely Anyways, the updates that journalists that went viral last week for the interview from twenty sixteen, where Blake Lively some would say fat shamed her. I would say that as well. To her credit, she's milking it. I respect the hustle. She's given a couple of interviews that I'm aware of, at least two. And one of the reasons she was so bothered by all of this is she was congratulating Blake Lively on her pregnancy. She said, congratulations on your little bump, and she was very far along and had already announced that she was pregnant, and then Blake Lively shot back, congratulations on your little bump. The journalist has revealed she's infertile, she's not able to to have children, so that really that really made her feel a certain way. Additionally, an old interview from Blake Lively from Oh God, let me see if it says the year, let me look at the years of Gossip Girl. So that I can get people of time reference. Gossip Girl was from two thousand and seven through twenty twelve, so a long time ago, Okay, more than twelve years ago, and she gave an interview talking about fashion. She says, quote, I hope to have a few girls one day. If not girls, they'd better be trannies, because I have some amazing shoes and bags and stories that need to be appreciated. So a lot of people are upset that she used the word trannies in that, but I will remind everybody that Rupe Paul used to use that word all the time back in two seven through twenty twelve, even in the gay community. It was a prevalently used word, and not necessarily as a slur. So as a member of the LGBTQ community, I'm not bothered by this. Right, people are trying to drag her for it, because you know, she's not having a good month, and this is not something I think that she should be crucified for.
Speaker 3: Personally, I hate when somebody digs things up from as you said, let's let's say the closest here is twenty twelve, right, Yeah, when it's over a decade ago. The lens of what's acceptable or what we should have moved on from or whatever. It's a moving target. It always changes, and this whole digging up things that people have said just seems dumb to me. So I'm gonna have to be on.
Speaker 1: Your side on this one and her side.
Speaker 4: Awesome. Those are the only updates I have. Do you have any other Plague Lively?
Speaker 1: I like the story where CED was trolling her a little bit. Was that a real post?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a real post. I mean, but that's the thing. It's like, that's not really like a development, that's not a that's just you know, people piling on. Yeah, CNN was talking about her wearing very expensive jeans at one of the press events and like over ten thousand dollars or something, but I doubt she bought them. They lent her that they lent these big actors clothes to wear at the premieres.
Speaker 3: And she's like, a It's funny because to me, she was on that show right and then over Like, if you had to say, you know what's Blake Lively known for? I would say, well, she's clearly into fashion, right, Like she the met Gala seems to be her thing. You know, she gets to go every year, even though she hasn't really.
Speaker 1: Been in anything.
Speaker 3: It hasn't done anything since Gossip Girl except for a couple of you know, fleeting roles here and there. But to me, she seemed like, I don't know if icon is the word, but like a fashion a ficionado anyhow, And then she gets in the Taylor Swift squad, and then she gets in this movie. I don't know, it just feels like everyone was waiting to pile on her for some reason because she seems.
Speaker 1: To bother everyone. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I can't understand why, but she seemingly has bothered a lot of people for a long time. Because I equate it to like j Lo, It's like, I know Jen and I know she's not this person that everyone makes her out to be.
Speaker 1: She's just not.
Speaker 3: She's more oblivious than anything, and she's nice. She's a nice person. So it's hard for me to kind of see that one. But I could see the bubbling up right like I could see the disdain for the I don't know if it's for the opulence.
Speaker 1: Or what it is.
Speaker 3: It just rubs people wrong. So this one's been interesting to watch anyhow.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I would say it's jealousy, but I don't think it's jealousy here, No, well.
Speaker 3: There could be some of it hanging out with Taylor Swift married to Ryan Reynolds, recent billionaire.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's jealousy. But this is a good segue to a question from a Patreon supporter. Anna Green says, I know you've already spoken on this, but TikTok has taken me down a major blake lively hole. What do you two think she should do as she needs some major crisis management. I love this question. Here's the first thing I think, or not first thing. I don't think she should do too much. I think she should do one thing, either release a statement or give an interview. I would advise her to release a statement just because she can control it. I would advise her against releasing it as a video because that'll be scrutinized and analyzed like she's not coming across as sincere blahlahlah. So a written statement, and in that written statement she needs to take accountability for some of this. She needs to say I'd like to apologize to Justin for ab or C. She could also be a little bit defensive and be like a lot of what is being written is wrong and hurtful, but I would like to say that I could have been more considerate here, or I shouldn't have overstepped this or whatever. If she just takes some accountability and apologizes to Justin Baldoni, that will go a very long way. But I don't think she'll do that because she's fucking Blake Lively.
Speaker 3: I agree with the latter of what you just said. It'd be nice if she did. I don't foresee it. How many times do you see a billionaire going I'm sorry, They just don't do it. It's not like her movie career is gonna suffer, because it's been suffering for a fucking decade. And let's be honest, this movie, this may be the best thing that ever happened for this movie. That woman has a lot of fans that read her books, Kellen being one of them. She went to the movie. She would have went whether Blake was in it or not. So there is a niche amount of people that would follow this story and maybe go check out the cinema of it all. But it didn't need Blake Lively, you know what I mean? It could have been anybody that was in the movie, and she caught some bullets for her behavior around a book that was coveted by those fans, And it's just a lot of that, and it's snowballed.
Speaker 1: Outside of that.
Speaker 3: It's that oozing you say, not jealousy, that oozing something that I can't quite put my finger on to distain for her, all of that just sort of steamrolls into something else, right, And I think she should just I think she will just do nothing.
Speaker 4: But what do you think she should do?
Speaker 1: Maybe nothing?
Speaker 3: I mean, I agree, I think she should put out a statement, but I don't think she wants to admit she's wrong about anything.
Speaker 4: I believe that, Yeah, I believe when.
Speaker 3: People have that kind of money and that kind of like, I don't know, feigned power, whatever, they don't do that.
Speaker 4: It won't affect her career. But she's lost a lot of the public.
Speaker 1: It might.
Speaker 3: Because I ask you a question, will she be invited to the met galap this year?
Speaker 4: Of course? Seriously?
Speaker 3: Because if everyone dislikes her, do you think.
Speaker 4: She's lost the public? Not the media and the and fellow celebs.
Speaker 3: Is that important for Anna Winter or whoever puts it on.
Speaker 4: Anna Winter doesn't give a fuck. Anna Winter, that's my question.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: No, no, she doesn't give a fuck. I actually think well, first of all, I said this on the Patreon. I think she's the one that needs a crisis PR manager, not justin Baldoni.
Speaker 3: He needed it in the beginning because he was being smeared. They needed to guide the narrative into the right direction, which is the factual direction, and they did a very successful job of that. They were like whoa, whoa, whoa, wa time out, Wait a minute, this isn't what's going on. As I alluded to on this show last week, this isn't what was going on. It was the other way and that has been uncovered. So yeah, he did need it, and yeah it worked.
Speaker 4: So one of the reasons I think she might actually release a statement is because all of this, and actually this is a great thing that we haven't talked about before. Like I said, I do think she's bulletproof dot dot dot because of her husband and so long as Ryan Reynolds can get asses in seats, they're both bulletproof. But there's one thing about celebrities of this nature. They just want to be liked. They all want, they need to be liked, and being liked is good for their business. It helps. And the problem is what I'm getting at is not only is she disliked right now, Ryan Reynolds still liked, but people on his posts on social media are roasting his wife and that has not died down. If you go look on his posts, the comments are about her and very negative. And if she releases a statement, that will help not just her, it will help her husband too. So I think by the end of this week we might get a statement. Might I'm still not sure it will happen, but we'll see.
Speaker 3: Let me ask another question. No one's asked this question. What does Taylor Swift do nothing.
Speaker 4: She's a loyal friend, she stands with a friend, but she's not going to distance herself from Blake.
Speaker 1: That's my question.
Speaker 3: So let's say it's Week one of the NFL.
Speaker 4: Hello, fucking Taylor Swift went balls to the wall with Maddie Heally. Knowing the response that was getting, she didn't give a fuck. I love that about her. She's gonna do what she wants to do and she's going to be friends with her date whomever she wants to fucking date.
Speaker 3: Guess my question is will she be in the booth week one of whatever Chiefs game there is?
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe not in Kansas City, but if there's a game in Jersey, then she'll bring Blake Lively. Yeah, yeah, so okay, all right.
Speaker 3: By the way, the juiciest part of the show you guys just heard, you know, the part that pressaid we wouldn't talk about.
Speaker 4: I didn't say we were gonna talk about it.
Speaker 1: You said to be died down the most it.
Speaker 4: Has died down.
Speaker 1: It's not died down. It's the same.
Speaker 4: It's not the same. You're insane. Anyways, I'm just gonna mention it because somebody on Patreon asked. But I don't want to get I don't want to get in the middle. Like sometimes shit is so fucking toxic and it drags you down, and I don't want to be in the middle of this. But I already am in some way. Jenna Jamison, the iconic adult film actress, has been married to this TikToker already drama because fucking TikTokers are drama and thirsty. A woman, a female TikToker named Jesse Lawless, And now that two of them have been making very public allegations against each other, and I posted a story about the allegations that the wife was making. And then over the weekend, Jenna Jamison herself sent me a video about the wife saying that she I don't want to put words into her mouth, but just saying some people could interpret it as saying that she raped her. Then the fucking wife was blowing up my phone saying it was consensual. It was role play and consensual, and like, oh my god. So basically, just to sum it all up, Jenna Jamison and this TikToker are fucking toxic for each other, and I think they should stop talking to each other and stop talking about each other publicly. There we go.
Speaker 3: That makes more sense than I think anything you've ever said, even bordering on responsible.
Speaker 4: In other toxic news, Halle Berry has gone to court seeking full custody of her ten year old son Masseo. She had him with ex husband Olivier Martinez, claiming that the dad is not being very responsive to Hallie's concerns about their child's emotional developmental issues. Is a polite way of putting it. She thinks it needs to be addressed, and she claims that the educational challenges that she's fought to address, like tutoring, educational assessment, etc. Et cetera. That the guy has fought her on it, that he just wants him to take soccer and stuff like that. So basically, she just wants to be able to make all these health related decisions for her son. And if what she's saying is true, and I think it's a good move. So there's that. In other messy news, the estranged brother of Ariana Maddox, who has sporadically appeared on vander Pump Rules, Jeremy, has been arrested. Jeremy maddis and some people just read the headline, but this is why it's important to read the actual story. Jeremy Maddox was arrested for pot for marijuana, but he was arrested for alleged or attempted marijuana smuggling. Yes, it's legal in many parts of the US, but he was trying to take it out of the country to Germany. I don't know what the laws are are in Germany.
Speaker 3: A lot of those European countries don't fuck around with drugs.
Speaker 4: But also he was an I don't think you're allowed to take it out of the country. No, and here's the wild part. His luggage was arrested, was possessed, was taken, and he had over seventy pounds of marijuana.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's going to jail for a long time, A long time, I would say, so seventy pounds, Yeah, of marijuana. That's intent to distribute, yes, the country. Yeah, that is a that is a huge crime. Wow, federal crime. So once you enter an airport, you've entered federal airspace and now you're gonna be held by other countries laws and international laws. And this guy's in fucking trouble. Ooh, seventy pounds. This isn't like at first, I was like, what, he had a fucking weed pen and probably forgot about it. No, seventy pounds, Like, you're in fucking trouble.
Speaker 4: Pal Oops, good luck. Well, hopefully his sister can.
Speaker 1: His sister ain't got no pool in any of this.
Speaker 4: No. I was gonna say, give him some money for a good lawyer. Yeah, but they're estranged, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to jail.
Speaker 4: All right, some sad news and then we'll wrap things up with something positive. Rest in peace. Phil Donahue, the icon of talk television, has passed away at eighty eight years old after a long illness. His family has said before we do our last story quick. Thank you to some new Patreon support. Thank you to Keelee Vetter, Stephanie Ruis, Diana Fernandez. Somewhere in Europe, I see the euro sign. Thank you to Allison Gina Carrington. We had a few people this week. Appreciate it, really did.
Speaker 1: It's just Blake Lively drama.
Speaker 4: You teased it very well last Monday. Thank you to Carrie Lang. Thank you to Monica Rivera, Audrey Nwen, Jen Smith, Jamie Balma, Shannon Bull, Maria Horstman, Nicole Bradshaw who signed up for the entire year in Canada. Thank you to Jessica Harward, Fiona Mueller, Courtney b Leslie Burges. And that's everybody. God bless you all. We haven't had a week this good in a long time. We love our Patreon supporters, We love everybody. We love you listening right now, but it really helps if you go to patreon dot com slash prest Hilton and sign up. All right, and wrapping things up, some very positive Ben and Jen news. Okay, over the last week and a half, Ben aff and Jennifer Lopez. We're hanging out together twice, not once, but twice, So interpret that as you may. I'm viewing that as a positive sign.
Speaker 1: I think they're playing us all along.
Speaker 4: Wa wait, what do you mean playing us all along?
Speaker 3: They're playing us like they've never broken up. They are taking some time away so he could focus on his sobriety.
Speaker 1: And that is it.
Speaker 4: That's what I've said.
Speaker 3: But that's all he's doing. I don't think that means that they're going to break up. I mean they're eventually going to break up. Don't get me wrong. I think that's all this is.
Speaker 4: Well. I'm happy for them, and.
Speaker 1: I hope they work it out and nice people.
Speaker 4: Let's take some calls.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, this is Emily from fort Meyer's speech. I heard the caller last week about how you guys have helped forget throughout hard time in our life possibly, and I saw, you know, Sunday night, I go to sleep thinking, oh my gosh, they're going to be on tomorrow and go listen to them, and then Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I'm so excited for your Thursday, patriar. But you know, they're awesome, and I think that that color reflected how a lot of people feel about you guys in your podcast, so potos and keeping it on.
Speaker 4: That's so.
Speaker 3: I think she slightly fucked up, though, I mean just know in a good way, like she maybe smoked a little something, maybe had a couple of drinks.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call those assholes.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I'll take it. I was high on sugar last night when you saw me. I had not had anything like that in the longest time. I went to this place that sells frozen custard. I had it. They have like a it's called Nielsen's. I'm not getting paid it Nielsen's frozen custard. They had this thing called the Concrete. I was on the most delicious sugar high. Oh my god. It was the chocolate with heath toffee. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I was in heaven at these places, these ice cream shops, and what's the other one? Not ice cream but gelato. There's a gelato joiner on the corner.
Speaker 1: There's lines down the fucking street. I'm like, are they selling crack here?
Speaker 3: But I I guess sugar is a form of crack, I think, But I'm thinking about quitting all the shit in and open an ice cream shop because they're printing money.
Speaker 4: We should do one in Vegas. Geez, if you move to Vegas, we would own this town.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, we'd make a ton of lotles.
Speaker 4: You gotta come to Vegas.
Speaker 1: I got this thing called a contract. I have to fucking know.
Speaker 4: Have them move here too. The station here, the ain't moving me.
Speaker 1: Shitt's take another call.
Speaker 6: Ayay, just going to say that Rob Schneider is a huge asshole. I've seen him twice.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's stop for one second. If the guy's a huge asshole, why would you go see him twice.
Speaker 4: Let's let her, let her, let's hear her out.
Speaker 1: I'm just making a point. This guy sticks.
Speaker 3: I think maybe you really like him because you went to see him a second.
Speaker 4: If you hear the call, Jesus, he.
Speaker 6: Is a huge maggotard. And he also had a huge hypocrit which he touches upon in his material, Like he says he hates immigrants, but then says his wife is some hot younger immigrants. And for him to go on talker cars and that's not a good apology, so on some respectable media, it's.
Speaker 1: Not I don't care as a fucking comedian. I mean, there's a bunch of bad comedians in the world.
Speaker 4: He hates immigrants and he's married to an immigrant. That's funny, that's rich.
Speaker 3: Part of its probably is rap, but it's, you know, probably not a great rap. Like I said, I kind of enjoy the guy sometimes because he doesn't make a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: But whatever, Hey, guys, I just.
Speaker 3: Wanted to comment on that Blake Lively movie. I have a twenty year old and she said there's a lot of fans of that book that also did not envision Blake Lively in that role. And I don't even think she's gonna see it because of that.
Speaker 2: I don't know who the vision, but it definitely was not her.
Speaker 3: So anyway, talk is in. Kel said the scene in question, the one Ryan Reynolds rewrote, didn't work.
Speaker 1: Oh, it didn't belong with what they were trying to do. And that's what she said about it.
Speaker 3: And I guess other people have made that point as well. But I didn't read the book. She's read every book ever printed, I think, so she knows this crap.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: Let's wrap it up, all right, Well, we appreciate you all, and I'm not even going to promote that other thing, because I've said it too many times already today. However, I do appreciate everybody who just listens to the Monday Show. I want you to feel the love as well. And I'm trying to manifest some live shows because we'd love to meet you all. So thank you all. You're all amazing. Have a wonderful week, and see some of you Thursday.
Speaker 1: Well said, goodbye everyone,