Speaker 1: All right, boys, we locked the lot, will be ready to go, Ready to have a day, ready to have a pod. All right, Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. I am your host Battle of the Boys, Arizona State Spring Game Champion Will Compton along with Team Compton on the back Mitch Carsley, JP Hovey.
Speaker 2: The only, the only way it was gonna end.
Speaker 1: We always knew those fucking We knew that's how it was gonna go down before we get into it, because we will have some nice little banter.
Speaker 2: Before we get into it.
Speaker 1: This podcast is brought to you by the one, the only, the Chevy Silverado. You know truck guys through and through boys, and the Chevy Silverado has been a partner with unstoppable grit determination. It's been our most valuable truck MVT and now the first ever all electric Silverado joins the franchise. We got the chance to see this thing and experience it, and it is a game changer. Available four hundred miles range GM estimated on a full charge, over ten feet of length in the bed with the Multiflex tailgate combined with the Multiflex midgate, A large seventeen inch diagonal screen. It can toe up to ten thousand pounds of max towing zero to sixteen under four point five seconds with wow mode, wow up to an impressive seven hundred and eighty five foot pounds of torque. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more. You guys are probably asking yourself why am I dressed like a fucking badass dude?
Speaker 2: And the answer the bloss is gonna have up on the screen.
Speaker 1: My old man back in the eighties, he was rocking this exact fit that one day. Taylor was talking about getting snake skin boots and kind of like getting in the whole boot game because he's got some custom snake skin rattlers coming soon.
Speaker 2: But my old man, the tier one that.
Speaker 1: He is, he shot me a text that night after he watched the episode and shot me this photo saying, hey, year old man used to rock some snake skin boots back and hey some pythons, And I saw this photo because that was also the time where I told the story about him challenging me to the title, like, Hey, you ever feel like you want a shot at the title, you just fucking let me know when that was that episode, So I see this.
Speaker 2: I'm a holy fuck.
Speaker 1: I sent us to the group check Jack immediately, Yeah, your dad's definitely beating your ass.
Speaker 2: And uh.
Speaker 1: From that moment, I was like, yo, I got to recreate this fit somehow I got. I jumped on the web type thing Gold Jim Crew there. Obviously there's a pallethrop them out there. It's fucking gold Gym found me some some python snake skin boots on Amazon. These are some jeans I've just had in a white collar as well, but had to recreate the look because it's fucking badass.
Speaker 2: Dude. You guys got anything to say about the fit, anything you want to say.
Speaker 3: It looks nice, it really does. You got to give credit where credit is due, and it looks good.
Speaker 2: I felt good walking in.
Speaker 1: JP and Garrett were kind of pulling out like, hey, you know, open the door, you got the you got the rattlers on.
Speaker 4: Is this your official challenge to Bill Compton for the title He's old and tired?
Speaker 2: Now, I think it would exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's you gotta that's the old bull, you know what I mean? Like, that's respect, that's the og for all time. You just don't ever you know, Dad, he knows I would fucking roll him down a hill right now. But the old man, that's the fucking champion of all Bill Billy Compton Junior bro. There's rumors that used to have cabin women. The boy used to just slay apparently. But yeah, man, I dude, I feel superior.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's like, uh, what was I thinking about earlier?
Speaker 1: Like if Black Panther that Colonne was a person, this would fucking be it, dude, I said earlier, Like I walked in the kitchen, my wife immediately got pregnant. We got number two on the way right now, probably a boy.
Speaker 3: I believe it's sex Panther. Black Panther is a franchise in Martin. Sex Panther, like we I understood.
Speaker 1: Maybe that just helps playing to the whole part where I just didn't workshop it before I came on the boy so fucking brain dead.
Speaker 2: I thought about it. I was like, oh, yeah, Black.
Speaker 5: Panther, you walked in this morning and like didn't say anything, just like your chest out.
Speaker 2: Like just peacocks a little bit, it's like.
Speaker 6: And waiting for us to say something about it. Excited.
Speaker 2: I had a grin.
Speaker 1: I had that little shit grin, like I can't wait for the boys to see because Taylor's not here. Taylor, he's enjoying some off time. Uh, he didn't take the l very well. He needed an episode off. We gave him an episode off. The dude, he's a sore loser. He wanted to go off and lick his wounds out in Canada. But I thought like I needed to spice the episode up a little bit because it's a solo pot.
Speaker 2: It's been a long time since we just ran a solo pod.
Speaker 1: I feel like we've been on the move going one hundred miles an hour by fucking I don't know how long since when probably before the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's been a minute.
Speaker 1: So I felt like, you know, why not throw on the fit now that I got it in the mail, have a little fun with the boys, cover some fun topics, but just have a good old fashioned back of the bus pot with your boy. Uh yours truly we can recap. Let's get into where should we start. Let's start with Denver. Last week we went out to Denver. We're going to go to the University of Colorado, and people, you know, I took I like to take to Twitter when I when I like to put some pressure out there to try like make an interview happen.
Speaker 2: We were up in the air with Dion. We were locked in with Dion.
Speaker 1: Then we got up in the air because Dion very busy man, an absolute stud and he is one of the boys.
Speaker 2: There's people like arguing in the comments and shit like, listen.
Speaker 1: I do that if you followed for a while, I do that just for fucking that's gimmicky shit, dude. But with Dion, he had a shoot from like twelve to four in the middle of the afternoon. And how we were doing our spring tour is essentially wake up with the crackassed dawn on Wednesday, travel all Wednesday morning, we land, get a grab a bite to eat. We're probably to the university around like eleven or eleven thirty, and before we do the interviews, we need about thirty to forty five minutes to set up.
Speaker 2: Can I find the spot?
Speaker 1: And it's a new place, so if it's a new place, it's not like Nebraska or Michigan or Tennessee where we've been before.
Speaker 2: You got to kind of like.
Speaker 1: Get to know him a little bit and figure out, hey, where's the best spot to shoot? Blah blah, blah blah blah. So we landed in Denver at eleven o'clock, so we weren't going to get to the University of Colorado until like beyond noon, especially after we grabbed a bite to eat. So it just didn't work out. Like Dion, he had some shooting apparently it was like thirty minutes off campus. So we weren't able to make it work because Dion was wanting to do the podcast and he was also want to be in the vlog a little bit like as they take us around the University of Colorado, says Dion couldn't do it and we couldn't get We couldn't get his son, Shaduur right in this Shadur Now you say it, oh, we couldn't get his son. It's like we didn't want to waste that trip going to the University of Colorado.
Speaker 2: When we do, we obviously we want to get Coach Prime.
Speaker 1: We want to get the fucking goat of Cornerbacks, the legend himself, Coach Prime, sitting down with the boys and taking us around, taking us around the facilities around campus, because it's fucking it's Deon Sanders. And since we weren't going to get any of that. We didn't want to go and kind of do our vlog and and not. We didn't want to waste our shot, throw our card on the table if we weren't going to have Prime himself or as son.
Speaker 2: So instead we pivoted.
Speaker 1: We did a little, We had a little fun in Denver, but other than that, there wasn't a whole lot going on for us on Denver except for the live show.
Speaker 2: If the live show wasn't.
Speaker 1: And the Chevy uh, you're right, Chevy got you man, That's why I got you.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: We did the the Chevy Silverado Ev Quarterback Challenge out there. That volog is coming soon. You guys will see who did well at that, who performed well. The loser of the whole challenge has to get egged in their boxers?
Speaker 2: What in their boxes?
Speaker 1: You gotta strip down when do boxers come into play? I think I said that when I was introducing the whole thing. It is on tape, boiler tapet. We do kind of need to do that soon.
Speaker 7: We need to do We're gonna put it in the right right right, Yeah, we'll dories.
Speaker 3: We got to figure out though, like we didn't put down like how far back. Is it like just me getting pelted? Like what, Oh, that's a that's a good quintion. We could feel aren't gonna feel good? Like obviously getting egged is one thing, like your pride's gonna hurt, but that's physically gonna hurt getting hit by eggs.
Speaker 7: Oh so you.
Speaker 1: Picture us rearing back and fucking I mean, how else are y'all doing it? Well? I would just throw them at you, like I appreciate this, and like I was sit there and actually try and disrespect you severely, just a little bit of disrespect by just in your boxers getting egged.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a couple of pictures coming in.
Speaker 3: I mean I could see some of these boys letting loose on that. Mitch already was like, what, you're just gonna toss it at him?
Speaker 5: Oh, that's what Mitch said if I, if I was doing I would expect you guys to rear up and throw shut.
Speaker 7: The fuck up.
Speaker 1: He's been getting a lot of hate. Mitch's been getting a lot of he' carring around a lot of anger with him right now.
Speaker 6: Hate?
Speaker 7: Where what do you mean up top?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 6: That is true?
Speaker 2: A lot of baggage up there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hey, the newest, newest photo was just drop.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so we will egg Jack in due time to round out this bad.
Speaker 7: And I'm gonna take that like a champ.
Speaker 2: Just remember that, I know you are. No one's saying you're not going.
Speaker 7: To I'm saying this more for myself because Army doesn't want to take it like a champ. I want to be upset about it, but you.
Speaker 1: Should just stand in the frontal pos just fucking let them out.
Speaker 3: I'm not to wear a cup then that that she could it, I'm gonna take it like a man.
Speaker 1: In the live show view House Ballpark, that was probably the best scene we had. It was like right in front of Colorado Rocky Stadium. It had that in the background and it was It was a good time, maybe our better performance. I feel like with the whole doing our live shows and everything else, I felt good at each stop we went to, but I felt like as far as buttoned up and everything else, that was probably our best are one of our better performance on the spring tour, But the spring tour was sick. We rounded it out Denver, then I went back to Nashville. The boys went out to Vegas, Taylor again, his wife and family. They're up in Canada. He was either gonna fly back to Nashville or the boy after the success he had on the blackjack table, he's gonna flop to Vegas. Since he was kind of a free agent, he could have flew with everyone, and he wasn't gonna fly back to Canada and then fly it back down Saturday morning for the Arizona State spring game. So he had a couple days to kind of do whatever he wanted. The man, he wanted to go back up to Vegas and take them for everything they're worth. And I will say I do believe he brought him to their knees. I won't say the number. I don't know if I can't say any of that stuff. I wasn't with the crew. The entire crew is out there. The boys were having a time. Apparently they deleted a bottle of what.
Speaker 6: Is it.
Speaker 7: Costs?
Speaker 2: You guys had a time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You guys want to speak on it at all? Can you? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Vegans have a big winner? Were you a big winner as well? I?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Well one look, have you ever been in Vegas? You've ever been to casinos?
Speaker 3: It is very unlikely that everybody comes out even unscathed. Everyone in the crew came back with money. We all won, which is like unheard of. Normally one guy wins big and the rest are just like hanging their heads walking home to the plane. But everyone was a winner. Taylor, Can I say these details are just gonna.
Speaker 7: Be in the vlog?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't really know how he wants to go about that, but he did well for himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rich got richer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Rich got richer for sure.
Speaker 3: I think just check out the vlog because I also won wasn't wasn't cash. But it's something that that a lot of people try and get in their life, and I'm getting that.
Speaker 7: So check out the volog.
Speaker 2: Oh damn, do I know what it is? I don't know if you do. I do.
Speaker 1: I don't think i've heard those details. I think I can guess based on what's your guess why. I don't want to say it on here, but yeah.
Speaker 7: Dude, we had a good time.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: The vlog is gonna be crazy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the Red Rock Casino. They were incredible.
Speaker 7: What is it, Joe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joe, shout out Joe. Joe was there the first time too.
Speaker 7: Guy. I mean, they like just had all the services ready for us.
Speaker 1: The room you guys, not you guys, I guess Taylor. But the room that was up.
Speaker 3: There, Yeah, something else out of like the Hangover was that saying like eight thousand square feet no, Taylor. They tried to put Taylor in this eight thousand square foot room and Taylor was like that that's too much, and so.
Speaker 7: They put him in the smaller one.
Speaker 3: And I can't imagine what that room would have been like in eight thousand because when we were in, we're sitting there with their jaws on the floor, like like this not real life.
Speaker 7: This is like the movie they filmed The Hangover.
Speaker 2: In, Like, yeah, all time Red Rock is.
Speaker 3: They are a really well well done establishment. They treated us with nothing but the highest of class. So we felt like we were more important than we were at least the boys in the back for sure.
Speaker 2: Good man, that's fucking awesome.
Speaker 3: April and Kevin two on the tables, they were uh, I'd say, good luck, charms.
Speaker 2: They were generous, being generous.
Speaker 1: And if you guys are if you guys follow Taylor Dana White the UFC or busting Taylor, he's on a he's on a two streak heater, right, now I'm talking.
Speaker 2: The boy is fucking making bags.
Speaker 1: He's the boys out there taking from Vegas, and you love to see it, the small guy standing up against the big guy, just taking for everything they're worth. Dana and Taylor, I believe, are flying a fan out. I don't know what the stipulations are to win that contest, but they are. I think details are coming soon, but basically, Taylor Dana, UFC Busting, They're gonna fly a fan out to gamble with Taylor and Dana. I would assume they're gonna have a little allowance, you know what I mean. I'm assuming that the boys are gonna take care of this fan and they're going to get to go to the Power Slap. The Power Slap event, right which that shit is incredible. That shit's fun to see in person. So yeah, be on the lookout for those d tales. I do believe they posted a video and collabed on it, Taylor and Dan and in the UFC page and Busting page, and I think they said that details will be coming soon, but be on the lookout for that. Like I'm trying to be the fucking fan that goes out there. Hey, guys, fucking let me. Let me get out there and get a little something. Yeah, no, show up like this, dude. I fucking love this fit. This might just have to be the fit just every every Tuesday. This is just the UNI. Yeah, going to work. I thought I was you guys, you know, get some engagement back there. Do want this to be a pot where we're all we are all in the circle of trust.
Speaker 7: You look good man, Thank you brother. Do you have any jokes? Do I have any jokes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look like jokes?
Speaker 7: Oh for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh to go at you? Yeah no, I don't really have any jokes. Go out to you look good, I.
Speaker 2: Know, but it's also fun to do the whole.
Speaker 1: I wish I would to watch The Black Panther when I thought that one would have been solid anyway, Sex Panther once again, jib You can think on it anytime. You want to throw it in a zinger. Go ahead, I'm sure. Yeah, the mic is open. Fast forward to Saturday. We go Saturday morning. We all land around eight am in the morning. We land in Arizona, Scottsdale, Phoenix. We go to Tempe for the Arizona State Spring Game. It is Battle of the Boys Lwan versus Compton Maroon versus Gold, and uh.
Speaker 2: They took care of us.
Speaker 6: Stude.
Speaker 1: I had a fun time in Arizona State. Shout out Matt Butterfield, Shout out Coach Dillingham, shut out all the coaches, shut everybody there on their staff. They took care of the boys. They took care of the back of the bus. That's always the big kind of thing that I look at when we go to these places. It is how are Because I know Taylor and I are going to get treated all right, but it's like, how are the people treating the boys? And Arizona State? Let you guys do whatever you wanted, which you love to see.
Speaker 2: Tension.
Speaker 1: Right when we landed, we get there, you're kind of feeling each other out. We kind of know right out of the jump, right off the jump, like me, JP and Mitch, we all got to be we gotta separate, We gotta divide this thing up. We took separate cars to the stadium. We were around each other. You felt the fucking weird energy the whole time. Taylor's trying to do his little big dog thing. You kind of felt that the whole time. I was just trying to just trying to stay focused, tunnel visions, focus on the boys. We get fitted, we get to go down, We get fitted for the game. Cleats. You guys saw the fits going on. The fits went crazy. Uh, Garrett, you got you got anything you want to chime in on.
Speaker 9: I feel like there's a lot of disrespect throwing at Taylor right now. In one way, you're coming at him while he's not here. Oh he can, he can listen to this. I will cut out come at him the same way the disrespect listen. My favorite part of the whole thing is when we won, you guys went good guy mode. You guys went all good game, everything else pregame nothing but disrespect.
Speaker 1: There speech Taylor had the fuck Will's houses on my wrist. Fuck Will Compton what they got going on over there? I got no good I got nothing good to say about that ass beating. We rain y'all out of the fucking stadium. We moved a lot of scrimmage. We fucking we smothered your guys head in the toilet bowl, and we gave you a fucking swirly. That's what we did. Explain though, Why would I not want to respond this way? No, for sure would I not want to be this way after we won.
Speaker 9: We felt the build up totally totally right, personal for you, personal for Mitch.
Speaker 1: I saw those tweets, you saw it all. Taylor called my man JP a yes man right out of the gate.
Speaker 9: For sure, you felt, yeah, you gotta you gotta come correct before the game.
Speaker 2: What am I?
Speaker 9: We're not gonna be buddy buddy before the game. So I think the build up on both ends was how you would expect it to be, especially from our crew.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, but I failed for a great show. But I'm saying, what am I supposed to do? Go meet your guys this good guy approach and kind of take.
Speaker 7: The high road all right now? Brother, not at all?
Speaker 4: Tylers.
Speaker 9: You could do it with Taylor here though, Ye, but how do you do it? We just did the spring game.
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't help you. But he couldn't like show up after a loss.
Speaker 9: I know, I know you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I can't help youse want to be tough like because I agree with you. I do agree with you. But the win means something. Because the boy Taylor's have my number in a few different games. Now you have my number. Obviously, the vaul would come out the quarterback challenge that almost brought me to my knees.
Speaker 2: I might not have.
Speaker 1: Shown it that day, but I was absolutely fucking sick that he that he won that.
Speaker 9: Uh, did you actually think you were gonna win that?
Speaker 1: There we go, There we go. You're starting a little more. You're trying to give me jag a little more. It's all good. Yes, yes, we can run it back. We can do it again. We can run it back. I was in the leader board.
Speaker 7: You were good.
Speaker 2: Listen, you slung it. I'm not talking about it.
Speaker 1: I'm talking the I'm talking to one on one, this little internal competition that Taylor and I have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that like, what's up? He's got the busting ball.
Speaker 1: And when we were playing, when we would play hoops out here on this little nerve one, he always had that mid range jumper that would just fucking god, I need him to move around and miss that motherfucker dude, But no, I think. But you know what I mean, it's like you get your du finally got me a dub, and I got.
Speaker 7: A You guys got the dub.
Speaker 9: You got the ice bath shower whatever, the water cooler, shower confetti. Yeah, it's you know, it's tough to swallow. I mean, it definitely hurts more for our captain in his home state. Yeah yeah, I think, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 9: I can't make excuses that's not my team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you played the game right.
Speaker 1: You got me fired up right there, I was talking even more shit, disrespecting him even more. You played the right card. I'm just saying, like, there's no other way to do it. We had to. We can't just shake your hand. We can, but that's not fun. So do it again next year. So it's like, I'm sure we'll have the same teams. Why switch the teams up? No, you can't switch it up.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: We're coming for it. I know you guys won't revenge.
Speaker 9: The only thing I am disappointed is that you left the trophy back.
Speaker 2: I am too. You want to know what else I forgot? I forgot. I believe I forgot the jersey on wait, and you know what.
Speaker 1: I think it's under the flu with it, I know, but I think I left it in the fucking I think I left it in the fucking uh what in the sleeve, behind the behind the chair.
Speaker 7: No way, Hopefully that little kid got it.
Speaker 1: Telling you, I think, Matt, now that I'm thinking about it might be under my seat on the truck because I was throwing a lot of stuff under the seat to make a room when you guys got in to sit down. But would we be surprised, No, oh, but I was. I was bummed. I can't be sitting here with that trophy because it's felt good to fucking win.
Speaker 2: I was pumped for my guys. I was pumped for the players.
Speaker 1: And you guys also tried taking art stormless field after your first touchdown.
Speaker 9: I mean sure, yeah, they said no no rules on Selly's what are.
Speaker 1: You gonna And there's those those those little details that makes it sweeter because there's always that that part of Taylor that's trying to fucking want up you guys coming in during our pregame speech and filming.
Speaker 7: It like me doing my job.
Speaker 1: No no, no, not you doing your job like Taylor with the we're gonna go on wheels. You guys know, I stayed behind enemy lines. And then he tried waiting for me to do something dumb or whatever because you're paying to him, and he's like, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: I felt.
Speaker 3: All that stuff is felt, but don't be like that was my Yeah, I'm just doing my job by filming it. And if you go to the page, all of it was unbiased content. Yes, there was probably more from our sideline, but I was trying to make sure that it was not like just because I run the socials, that Taylor was getting all the limelight.
Speaker 1: H I was getting No, no, no, I know, I'm with you on that. I'm not saying any of that stuff. I like, I know you're just over there and you're just stuck to that sideline. I'm not saying that. I'm just saying like behind the I'm doing my job. Is also you grinning as you're filming too, It's like you know that's there, you know that's there. So when we won and fucking threw a touchdown at the end too, we were already about to win, like it just felt it felt good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the fake need of the touchdown, I don't really I don't even know.
Speaker 7: I don't even know the field.
Speaker 1: Coach Dillian, no, we want to score because r Oc was like, we're gonna take a knee. So the game's over, there's five seconds left, but we're on like the three yard line. I'm like, no, I want to run the ball and I want us to score. Like run out to coach Dillian. I'm like, hey, no, we want to run a play like we are scoring. He goes, all right, do whatever you want to do. I looked at the quarterback because they were already lined up appointed at sixteen TV sixteen.
Speaker 2: I think it was him. Maybe not, maybe it's a different one, but.
Speaker 1: I was like, yo, just run and play fucking score, just yelling it out loud to where the defense come to even here and they just get in the victory's formation. They just toss up a fade ball to eighty two, just a mascle buddy, and get the fucking water bath.
Speaker 2: And everything else. It felt like we won the Natty Boys.
Speaker 3: I will say, look, you guys took the w outright, and we're gonna lose. With grace God and and all being said, though, shout out to number four on y'all team.
Speaker 7: That kid was an absolute fucking animal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And that highlight video they made, like the first thirty seconds it's literally just his highlights.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 2: He was balling.
Speaker 7: Clips and just running Ted's in.
Speaker 3: I remember at one point the game was super close to a third or fourth quarter and y'all him like a third and thirteen or something where we had to stop and we catch him at the line and our team starts going like, yeah, let's go, and then you look over and he somehow got seven yards off of getting stopped at the line.
Speaker 7: Everyone's just like, dude, I think I told y'all what all my silent was saying.
Speaker 3: I won't say that on here, but man, that kid was an absolute fucking hoss.
Speaker 2: He was. He was a hoss.
Speaker 3: Next year, we want him whatever school we get into, transfer there, it's transfer there.
Speaker 2: We need you, brother. Uh.
Speaker 1: But that was all to day, Like that was a good time. The interviews, you guys haven't already. We had Jordan Clark and Jayden Jayden Reshota, the quarterback who essentially he was gonna get paid fourteen million dollars to go to Florida.
Speaker 2: He signs the letter of intent, he goes to Florida.
Speaker 1: We tried talking and getting some more details out of him, but essentially what happened is Florida didn't have all of that money to pay him, so they kind of balked and lied about how much money they were going to have on when he got there. So he asked for basically if he could decommit and get away from that. And there's a lot of like I guess, fugazi stuff. You can just tell his guard was up about a lot of things. And we have a really good conversation with him and Jordan Clark just about them going to ASU, why they picked the issue and everything else. Because ASU coach Dillingham over there, Like his interview comes out tomorrow. You guys are listening to this on Tuesday. Coach Dillingham's interview comes out Wednesday. This like, listen, I know he's the head coach of Arizona State and a lot of people and even speaks to that the media and everything else. A lot of people are thinking, Okay, like, you know, why should I go? Listen to Coach Dillingham. He's one of my favorite coach I've sat and listen to. I feel like he completely understands the job that he's in. He gets the media aspect, he gets the lack of tradea aspect. He gets the process and strategy and the steps it's gonna take to make Arizona City respect the team. He talks about you why you should want to go to Arizona State you're probably sitting there like, yo, that comp You're not gonna sell me on that shit. Just fifteen twenty minutes listen to Coach Dillingham talk. I'm not saying they're gonna be the best team in the country soon. Maybe they who fucking knows. But as far as listening to him and listening to a head coach that absolutely loves the job he is in and loves the adversity and the hurdles that's gonna take to try and build the program and kind of the stuff that he's already aware of. Like it's a fun interview and just a passion he just oozes away. He's a young head coach thirty two years old, decided not to go to law school and be a lawyer like his old man, taking one of the going the coaching route.
Speaker 2: It's just fun sitting down and listen to him talk about it all.
Speaker 1: He fires you up about it, like I'm I'm rooting for Arizona State in the PAC twelve and just hoping that they establish those building blocks going forward. But those inter us to come out Coach Dillingham and then Coach Regel, Charlie Rigel, that dude. The speech giver of all times. You know, he's an iconic speech giver. I'm sure he'd be on a Mount Rushmore if there was one.
Speaker 2: He was one of.
Speaker 1: He was Taylor's head coach at Chaparral when Taylor transferred to Chaparral, So a lot of good behind the scenes stories that him and Taylor kind of peel back the layers on why Taylor transferred, Taylor's recruiting and everything else. But those interviews are awesome. They're gonna come out tomorrow the players. They came out yesterday morning on Monday, as you guys listened to Busting on Tuesday obviously, but all in all, great spring tour. We went to South Carolina, Texas, Ohio State, LSU, Colorado and Arizona State and Arizona State to finish it off. But a hell of a year, boys, hell of a twenty twenty three. Hats off to you guys in the back. You guys busted your fucking ass getting out these interviews, you know, working extra getting together, gee, helping out, like everybody helping to get all of the content out. I know we're pushing a lot of content right now, but we want to stay as close to up to date and current as possible because we went to the live shows like early mornings, definitely late nights some fun late nights too, boys, but uh, way to bust your guys ass like and thanks everybody for following along.
Speaker 2: The Spring tour is fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to establish something to have an even better one going into next year.
Speaker 3: I got a question in terms of our ASU trip. So from your perspective, if you're in high school and you were being recruited by coach Dillingham as like a young kid, would it worry you like that he's a thirty two year old guy?
Speaker 7: Is he thirty two to thirty three? Just having a young coach?
Speaker 3: Would that like promote any kind of worrying in your mind just as a young kid, or would you want someone with maybe a little bit more established credit or seeing it from the other side, do you like cause he was he was all time like coach Gillingham, Like you could tell like he has to fire in him, like he's ready to prove something, chip on the shoulder kind of mentality. So like putting yourself in his shoes, I mean as your shoes as a kid, would that worry you or would you be like more behind it to like kind of start a new regime dynasty type thing.
Speaker 2: Uh. I don't know, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: I think like coach Dillingham, you say, like would it worry me him being young?
Speaker 2: It wouldn't worry me at all. Him being young.
Speaker 1: It's just like what's his background everything else? Having success that he's had at other programs, Like what are they Florida State, Oregon, Auburn, Like he's been at perennial programs and this is a coach that wants to be there. So like for me being lucky with coach Bo being there all five years in Nebraska, you want a coach that you know is going to be there and they're not gonna just gonna be there.
Speaker 2: For a couple of years or something like that.
Speaker 1: So what his youth wouldn't worry me at all, just maybe his experience, but he kind of has the experience that goes with it. And then from there it's like who, Like for me as a player, like who's going to be my line by a coach? Who am I going to get to learn from? Yeah, you want to go to a good team, But coach Dillingham as a young head coach.
Speaker 2: No, that would not worry me at all.
Speaker 1: If anything, it make you feel a little bit better because he understands how to relate.
Speaker 2: He talks about it in the podcast.
Speaker 1: With social media and everything else, you can tell he just understands not only the game, but he understands the kids in their relationship with all the things that go on, all the bells and whistles that go on outside of it, how to embrace it, how to face certain things. He has really good conversation and things to say about that, but he's fire and everything else. It's like it's like saying McVeigh, I don't know how old he was when he took the head coaching job at at the LA Rams, but he's a fucking I mean, you just sit in a room with him, you understand, like, oh, I'm with the guy who knows Paul.
Speaker 3: It almost feels like too, he has less to lose because they are not like a historic program. But if they do go on and have like a really well spoken season, you know that positive numbers that is going to turn into a lot of press and hype for him. As opposed to that they just kind of stay in the same realm don't really lose much so, but I mean I feel like we all we're ready for ASU to at their time.
Speaker 1: You can tell he wants to establish culture, credibility, consistency with the program because the location that they're in with Tempe and being right next to Scottsdale and Phoenix, it's like, you have the location, a premier location to live in to go to school at. You got everything you need and everything you'd want in a college, right, you just don't have the facilities, the culture, like all the inconsistencies that ASU has had over the years. So you can tell he's very fired up to start developing that and like implementing that into their foundation, because that's what's gonna take for a program like that to be successful. Because they got they got where you want to live, they got what you want to be around. They talked about there's a shitload of money in Arizona in Scottsdale, like the networks, the connections, like they got what you would love to have. It's almost like, how are they not a good school? But you can tell he's fired up to kind of establish that and just walking around the facilities, you see there's a lot of growing to do, but he's fired up to do it. And that's what That's what I think is really cool about it. Uh, anything on the spring Twitters? Anybody want to give what their favorites were? I know a couple of people ask when I ask Twitter, you know what questions would they want to ask? People want to know how would we rank the colleges we went to. I don't really know what the formula would be or the criteria.
Speaker 3: I mean we could rank it in terms of facilities, in terms of live shows, and then just kind of like overall or food.
Speaker 2: You do those three, let's go facilities, how would you rank them?
Speaker 7: Can me to go first?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Go ahead?
Speaker 7: You got the mics undoubtedly Number one.
Speaker 3: There's felt like you're in a new age facility with a lot of money and attention to detail. So yeah, shout out to Texas even though it's always horns downcast.
Speaker 7: Number one.
Speaker 3: Number two, Uh, Ohio State, I think, yeah, Ohio State had a lot of good stuff. Nah, I'm going to LSU number two. Yeah, LSU number two in the Ohouse State number three. You also had that attention to detail factor where it's like all these places you walk around a secret door opens up if you're in like an entertainment room where they're like really showing you, like the culture they're trying to promote, and uh, what was it? The path they have that whole kind of marketing going on for all their players, and you could tell that there was a lot of thought put into stuff like that. Number three Ohio State just a historic program. You walk into that entrance, the trophy room, it's just like there's so much history and culture there that no matter if you're a Michigan fan or don't you know give a shit about Ohio State, you appreciate all of it.
Speaker 7: So, yeah, Texas, LSU and Ohio State is mine.
Speaker 2: Match. What do you.
Speaker 6: I think the only thing?
Speaker 5: What would you change from his list? Yeah, I think I would switch LSU in Texas. In my opinion, I think like LSU's like player locker room is something I like that you literally dream of. Like if you if you're a big time college athlete and you like walk into that locker room and you see these like legitimate beds you can just take a nap on, like per your post practice, like that is just like a godsend. And then also the guy you were talking to the head trainer Marucci and like even just hearing like I wasn't there for the conversation, but what you were saying about it, Like he just seems so dialed in with like the analytics and everything, and like Kelly Bryan, Kelly wanted to like expand on their training room and make it even better. Like I think LSU is definitely like number one for me, Like Texas it was like super insane, like with like the modern like the lights and the colors and everything. And then Ohio State number three because they're like, yeah, I would say I was maybe a bit disappointed by Ohio State because, like Jack said, there's such a story program. He would think that like all right, they'll have like the State of the Ark kind of stuff. Like I would think Michigan's weight room is better than Ohio States, but I think Ohio States is better than the ones that we saw.
Speaker 6: That's what the other ones.
Speaker 4: Number one is super easy and clear, South Carolina best culture, best facilities, best coach, best food, best everything. Number two LSU, and number three. I will say, I want to say Texas, but we didn't get to see like their weight room in Actually yeah, I'll say Texas Number three is Texas, so South Carolina, LSU Texas.
Speaker 9: ReSpectacle dying with your game, cocks, Mine is going to be Texas, LSU, South Carolina, simple as that based off what everyone else said. The Texas one is just it's pretty badass, especially the players that they've had there that you kind of forget about all the quotes on the wall. It's just a a different culture that you're just kind of like, all right, I will die for this brand. Same thing for LSU and with South Carolina being there before, I thought we were, you know, welcome with open arms the second time around, and Coach Beember lived.
Speaker 1: Up to the Yeah, I think I will go. It is close out of Texas at LSU. I think if I chose to want to go, like if I went on visits there and then chose after that, I would go LSU, LSU Texas and then where else did we go though we only went to four? Yeah, I mean I guess Arizona State, Dude, I might give the edge to South Carolina. I didn't think Ohio State was that. I thought Ohio State was underwhelming. Ohio State was massive, but not a lot of like, uh, it just felt a little more traditional. You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: It was gritty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was gritty, but almost like an establishment, like it's too massive, Like it's not gritty to where you go to you go to South Carolina, they got like nice, like they got nice facilities, but it's smaller, like you can tell they they're gonna develop an upgrade and stuff like that, but it's that that gritty you like you walk in Ohio State and it's just so massive, but it's not a lot that they're doing with it outside of like the size.
Speaker 7: The Trophy room was the best party.
Speaker 10: Well we did.
Speaker 1: We didn't get to see yeah, but we didn't get to see a whole lot at Oha State, just to give them the benefit of the doubt. As far as most fun places that we've enjoyed the most, I don't know, or would you what would you guys say there.
Speaker 7: Let's say Austin, right, Yeah, Austin was a blast.
Speaker 1: But I almost hate saying Austin because as far as the people in the facility and the accommodying and everything like that, you almost go, I mean, fuck, it really doesn't. It's almost like a it's almost like a three way tie between South Carolina, L Shoe in Arizona State because we got to do like those staffs, those like all those people hosting us at those facilities, they were incredible to us, like they were.
Speaker 2: Awesome, awesome to you guys.
Speaker 1: They had gear, they had gear, they wanted us to do like they were just they were just all about it.
Speaker 9: Every school but Ohiose State asked us to come in the fall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say. I I thought, okay, we're talking about some I still fuck with the house. I mean, coach Coach Day, Coach Hartline was fucking awesome like they were. They were cool, they were I just don't think they're a clear club, clear cut winner in any of those.
Speaker 2: Texas was Texas is all right.
Speaker 1: Texas was better in person, Like when we got to meet them and be around them. They were so strict where they we couldn't do a whole lot there, and they just you know, it wasn't the welcoming like we had everywhere else.
Speaker 2: Not saying it was bad, just wasn't. Just wasn't.
Speaker 9: You know, it wasn't much like they warmed up once you guys started talking to them, all yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think they were much cooler, Like once we got the guard down and we're figuring out our right, this is, this is, this works, and I'm sure the next time we go they're gonna have it's gonna be a lot more familiar to them.
Speaker 2: But I mean, we couldn't even get a We couldn't get a bottle.
Speaker 1: Of water there, And that's no fucking cap, dude, that's not a joke. We couldn't get a bottle of water there because I don't even fucking know. But should we hit an ad The exclusive ticketing partner of Barstools Sports, created by fans for fans, game Time. Game Time is the ticketing app that makes it usually easier than ever to score last minute deals on tickets to sports, concerts and shows, and they guarantee the lowest possible price. The boys, we are gonna be front row Nickelback August first, and we're gonna do it through the game Time App.
Speaker 2: It's possible.
Speaker 1: With the game Time App, the biggest last minute price drops can be found on the seats you thought you could never buy. The purchase process takes just two taps in ten seconds, and once you buy your tickets, they're delivered directly to your phone, no printer or The app also allows you to easily share tickets with friends via text so you can get into the game seamlessly, skip the hassle and enjoy the moment. Download the game time app or go to the website, enter your email and redeem code BUSTS and that's b U S S I N for twenty dollars off your first purchase.
Speaker 2: Terms obviously apply. Boys. Back to the episode. I need to drink of water. We have some water?
Speaker 7: I don't think do we have those?
Speaker 2: Is there anything right there behind you?
Speaker 7: JP?
Speaker 2: Are they empty?
Speaker 7: I don't think we have.
Speaker 2: Thanks, so getting.
Speaker 1: That that voice fully recovered, or get my little frogger voice that you guys love to thank you for. Shouts to Kirkland. Let's get into some medlines. Jalen Hurts got fucking paid. Shout out the boy, Jalen Hurst Boomer sooner. The University of Oklahoma now has the highest paid player in the NFL and his name Jalen Hurts. What an incredible story that he's had to get to a five year, two hundred and fifty five million dollar extension that makes him the highest paid player in the history with one hundred and seventy nine point three zero four million dollars guaranteed and no trade clause.
Speaker 2: Let's fucking go. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, his story, while like never not talk about it anytime, he's a prime example of what you want. Whether you have a son, a daughter going through athletics, a kid in college going through some adversity, anytime going through adversity, you could look at a story like Jalen's being somebody who led a team to a national title, was performing in that national title game, gets benched for the backup, handles, the handles, the bench, roll with grace. Alabama goes on the comeback and win that game for a natty handles it with grace, a small on his face, fired up to a fired up for his team, fired up for the boys, obviously handles his business, transfers to Oklahoma, has goes on a terror at Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: And again, man, and he's somebody you watched too.
Speaker 1: He would always post it was corny back then, but it's better to talk about now. But he would always post workouts after he got done doing playing a game like the grind never stops him working out in the Oklahoma facility after a game.
Speaker 2: When he's a kid, that's something you look.
Speaker 1: At and you like you joke around with or like, all right, you're doing too much trying to show yourself off, like you get the work, but doing the whole videoing now looking back, I mean, it's something to pull from now and just show that he's an example that you want out of your athletes, that you want out of the kids that she went out of everything, somebody that handles adversity very well. Somebody that's got not a lot of no real blemishes out there right, like no real bad blad He's never like talked ill of anybody, never talked bad about his never talked bad about any situation really and just him. His business got drafted into Philly, Philly. There's a lot of negativity surrounding it. Not all negative. There are some Philly fans who believed in it, but the majority was on the Carson Wentz train.
Speaker 2: He was an MVP.
Speaker 1: He was somebody coming off of an ACL right before the ACL, he was an MVP, best player in the league type of that's the type of ball he was playing. Philly wanted to stick with that. When they drafted Jalen. That was kind of some riding on the wall that they might be moving on with Carson and that pissed a lot of people in Philly off. It took a few years, they took some lumps in the head, but now they got to twenty twenty two and Jalen leads the charge. He wasn't the MVP right, he was an MVP candidate. He leads a charge an MVP candidate for the NFL Philadelphia Eagles were absolutely balling. He's somebody that commands the huddle after games when he speaks on hey, you know when he talks about the weeks ahead and the road ahead, how he got a stick to doing what we know the process of everything else. You can see all these veterans and older guys eyes locked in on him. You can tell he has that leadership quality, that grit factor, that in factor when not only performing on the field, but also he's got the intangibles you want in a leader. And just to see it all payoff Philly right move by Philly getting him paid early versus going and waiting as long as possible. You see what happens when teams do that. We're seeing it right now with Lamar Jackson. Team is now waiting and they're gonna tag him. There's so much back and forth because Lamar wants that big bag that fully guaranteed back. I will now be curious to see how this affects the Lamar Jackson scenario because he took one hundred and seventy nine million guaranteed off of the two to fifty five extension. But good, that's a win win for both parties. I'm fired up for Philly. I'm fired up for the city of Philadelphia. I'm extremely fired up for Jalen Hurts, a contract well deserved, and I think the boys they have a good.
Speaker 2: Shot at coming back and making a repeat run.
Speaker 7: Did you see this article about his agent?
Speaker 2: No, so's it's a she right.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's got a full shout out to and this is shout out to the women out there. He's got a full female led team that works with him, a marketing agent, all that stuff.
Speaker 3: So this is this is one showing you the power of the DM and two why women should DM men more so? Back in back in school when he ended at Oklahoma was her name, nicolelon Shout out nicolel In. She is a forefront leader in women's sports and changing the persona that women cannot DM men. Anyways, at the Inniverse season. He just women DM Jack for the women listening. Tell you have friends with women that could be in the Jack DM him. She sent him a message after the season said hey, have you picked an agent?
Speaker 7: If not, I love the link that was it.
Speaker 3: Now Hurts has gotten the biggest contract in NFL history, led by Nicole In. So I think that's super dope, like on a serious level that she put herself out there and then now is has the client with the biggest contract in NFL history.
Speaker 7: So that's fucking awesome.
Speaker 3: Congratuate relations to nicolel In And I'm sure she's going to be building a massive roster now after that one and their old team.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the entire Hurst team. Man rodup applause for the kids for their camp. But that is massive and it will be interesting to see how this shakes up now with Lamar and everything else.
Speaker 9: Do you imagine the thirty for thirty on Jalen Hurts when it comes out.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be sick man.
Speaker 7: Incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is incredible.
Speaker 9: Because not only did he get benched in that game, he stayed that whole year after two right as the backup and then went to Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: That's right, he didn't transfer right away.
Speaker 9: No, because he came in and relieved Tua in a bad situation the SEC Championship the following year to go to the National Championship again.
Speaker 2: I just got goosebumps. I mean, that is sick, man.
Speaker 1: It's it's an incredible story and it's really cool to see it in real time kind of unfold, and the Eagles do right by him and pay him early and get him. And it shows too that the Eagles aren't fucking around there letting everybody know, this is our guy. This is who we're gonna be with for years to come, and we're gonna build around him and around this team that we have right now. I feel like their front off is just everything that Philly's doing right now with coach Siriano, right, Sirianni. With coach Sirianni, I apologize, but everything they're doing right now cultural culture wise at Philly they're making it seems like they are making the right moves.
Speaker 9: They got their identity back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree with that, man, and hopefully they want to win us a lot of money this year.
Speaker 2: But the bus, Yes, Sir.
Speaker 1: Washington, Dan Snyder sells the team freedom, Freedom. I think When looking back on this the Dance Snyder era, I saw a funny statistic that there's three name changes and only two playoff wins, which is funny. And a lot of people are always curious about what it was like with him as the owner. It's not like the owner has too much of an effect on directly on the players. I will say this, my whole time there, they're always felt like it's always even being on the outside. You see it more objectively now, but it's always felt like you've always seen this dark cloud that's over Washington. When you're there and in it, you don't necessarily know. You know that it can be national news, but it's not like you're in another state actually hearing everybody else talk about it. You just think you're in your own shit, You're in your own drama. All these reporters all they want to fucking talk about is finding stories inside this Dan Snyder era. And when you're talking to players, players don't have a whole lot to speak on because it's not like a that's the boss. But it's not like there's actually stories to know. I'm sure there are players out there that probably know some stuff, but it's not like a known thing playing for that playing.
Speaker 2: For that organization.
Speaker 1: But I think what sucks is knowing being a player that was there for five years, is just knowing that it never actually got better, Like because when you're a player and you're there, I know when I got to start some games and now I became a starter and everything else, Like the core group of guys that were on the team, like we had some good, talented teams that just didn't get the job done, and that always sucked. And you always heard people talking about the outside noise and the outside clouds surrounding the Washington organization and how toxic of a culture was, and from me and my shoes and a couple of the players shoot in our position, it's not like you ever wanted to feed that narrative because you felt like we were try we were trying to implement and do the things culture wise that didn't really merit what.
Speaker 2: The outside noise was saying. Granted we were not even ignorant.
Speaker 1: We didn't really understand all that high level stuff going on at the organization, But it just sucks knowing that. You know, there's a quote out there you always want to leave a place better than you left it and you look back at the Washington stuff and by time there, and it just sucks knowing that you were part of it, and you were part of a great group of guys and even at times like good staffs that unfortunately we just didn't get it done, so their jobs didn't prolong and players didn't get resigned, and you just always felt like it was something that, man, if we just make this player or do this right, and when a couple more games, the ball get rolling, and it just sucks knowing like that never came into fruition. But now being out of it for five years now and seeing it from afar, you actually see how toxic of a place it was, how many headlines are truly in the national media a few times a year with this team that you look at it from the top down, that ultimately affects the organization, which affects the coaches, which leaks into the players. So you never saw from that high level when you were in it as a player, versus being outside of it now and just singing for what it was, and it's like, man, there'll be times where you send battle because I love my time in Washington and those are my favorite years playing ball with a group of guys stuff like that, and you almost hesitate wanting to speak highly on it because you know how much negativity surrounds that logo nationally, and you're just like, you know, when you're out of it, you're kind of just like, well, what can I really do now versus just pour into allowing more of a platform for people to talk ill of Washington. So I am fired up the Dan snyders out of it. I'm fired up that he sold it off to I forget who I know?
Speaker 2: Magic?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Magic Johnson was part of the team, the Mons, the seventy six ers.
Speaker 7: What did itself for six point two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he went that six point two billion or something. He's obviously getting paid, but you know, it's like he's one of those succession type fucking families. Bro, Fucking there was one time it was like we were we were doing a team appreciation. Uh, we were doing like a team building activity coach Coach Gruden called off practice one day. Were fired up and uh again a good group of guys, like a good roster.
Speaker 7: I mean the coaching staff that came from there, that's that are all ahead coaches.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, that tree, bro, you had Groo, and you had you had Shanahan before Gruden, it was Shanahan, McVeigh, Lafleur, O'Connell. I mean, you had some some guys came from that tree and then a lot of them with Green Bay right now with Joe b Olividatti.
Speaker 2: That's with Lafleur out there.
Speaker 1: But I remember one time we had this team building where we went and watched the movie and it was I believe it was what was that movie with Mark Wahlberg? No, Contraband? Yeah, the Transports. We're watching Contraband and the actor not Mark Wahlberg, but the other main actor that was like his brother in law, the blonde aired cat. Good actor came from like Alpha Dog.
Speaker 2: He was there.
Speaker 1: But I remember we're sitting in like the middle. We had the theater rented out, and Snyder and Bruce Allen come to come to the movie. They sit right in front of us, and you can just tell that they're hammered, like they're just drunk. We're obviously kind of messing around behind them, like the bosses and stuff like that. It's kind of my first time really seeing Snyder because they were weren't around. Bruce Allen and Snyder were just not around the team. They weren't really a practice, not the way John Robinson would be with Vrabel the Titans, where Amy would come around every now and then, or when they brought in mccluan as the GM for the for the Redskins at the time, he was around practice all the time. Bruce Allen and Dan Sneyder were never around us. They're around us at this movie and you can just tell her hammered and literally before the movie starts, like they're being loud and shit like that, and Dan's like shut the fuck up and literally putting his finger weirdly, like putting it on his lips and like like touching his nose. He's like, shut, shut the buck up, Shut the bug up to Bruce Allen, the president, and he's like, drink to drink this, like fucking drinking.
Speaker 2: It was just such a weird thing to see.
Speaker 1: Out of like the owner and the president at the time, to where like me and my boy Adam Hey were like, yeah, what the fuck is going on with these boys, But just like a weird exchange.
Speaker 2: That's that's not a story.
Speaker 1: That's like an all tell story, but just my honestly, like singular experience around Dane.
Speaker 6: That was it?
Speaker 2: Oh, Lady sild the team? What else?
Speaker 1: What else do we have Atlanta? Your year ten point two? What do we what do you want to go in there? And yeah, people think that that jersey's a joke. That Jersey's not a joke.
Speaker 7: That's what you need to address.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that got sent to me. I got what was it? I got? When did I receive those sex because I obviously feel you guys in what was it a month ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And listen, I won't say names. People can put the puzzle together. I do no coaches at the Atlanta organization, and I was there when I did my workout last year to where I went to sign, and I was around him for the entirety of the day because we were trying to figure out my entire contract situation.
Speaker 2: And the GM there, I think his name is Terry.
Speaker 1: I forget his last name, but Terry, the GM with the Falcons now was the was the head of player personnel on the Saints whenever I signed with the Saints, and he ran me through my workout.
Speaker 2: So I even have a relationship with the GM with the Falcons.
Speaker 1: But all to say, there's like oh communication, we saw metal health state, but like a month a month ago, they were texting trying to figure out, Hey, do we think something like we do want to try and figure something out going in the next year if you're up for it. And it's kind of like one of those conversations, because listen, your boy. Yes, I am long in the tooth, I'm thirty three, i'm white, I'm old, I'm not all this stuff that can go against it, but your boy's finesse the last three four years of training camp, which is a positive thing.
Speaker 2: I've put a whole lot of wear and tear on this body.
Speaker 1: I've proven that I can show up, show up at the drop of a hat and play that week if needed. Special teams, everybody has all that stuff. But I have those things going for me to be a veteran that you can kind of like, hey, we can get you on the roster. However, the stipulations of playing before a season are not necessarily in the cards for the boy. Do I think it can actually if I truly tried pursuing the football gig, do I think it could happen? Yeah, I think it could happen. How serious are all these convers stas. I don't know how serious. I just know that when my agent calls me and I get reached out to about the potential of figuring something out, I don't know what figuring out means. I don't know how serious those things are. But all to say, like, if I were to play this year, your boys not playing before the season starts, like, that's just you got to draw all in on the stands somewhere, And that's a game I've been trying to finesse, and I've been able to evade and avoid for the last three or four years for the sole reason of being a minimum player. If I were to have been a guy in the past in these past few years that would have gotten a contract for two years or one year at three million dollars, I would go and partake in off season activities. But the fact that I know not that I know. I know what my resume is, I know what my reputation is, and if the market tells me I'm a minimum guy, then I know the injury rate in the NFL is one hundred percent. The NFL at some point we'll need linebackers, and I know I have the reputation resume to be a guy that go in and play that week if needed, as long as I stay in shape. Staying in shape, that's subjective, the workout, the splits, that stuff changes.
Speaker 2: Up all the time.
Speaker 1: However, that is me addressed in the Atlanta Year ten point two for all the haters out there that are fucking that get pissed off to see to see the success that the boys are having.
Speaker 3: Uh, can you explain to like people who might not understand what goes into like training camp and all, Like what exactly are you trying to miss out on?
Speaker 7: Like explain, Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's wear and teror I know, I know.
Speaker 1: When I was at Nebraska with this coach, Doug Coleman, he's I think he's a coach in the pros now, but he's like, hey, the game when you get in the league, if you guys are able to make it one day, and we were sophomores, He's like, it's all about how many training camps you can survive? Now with that, like, when you're somebody that is a guy on the team and you can get taken care of, teams are gonna take care of you in training camp. But when you're a guy on a ninety man roster trying to make a fifty three. So what's the math on that thirty seven? Thirty seven guys are gonna get cut when you're kind of seen on the fence, You're gonna have to fucking grind to make the fifty three. I got to an age jack, and it was after the Titans. It was after my first Titan season when we first when we stood up that summer spring, when we stood up busting twenty nineteen, I think, and it was.
Speaker 2: Kind of a decision I made that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was a backup on the Titans, and I didn't get to play a whole lot. And I know you guys heard the story. I literally I think I told it in Denver and I didn't. No one got injured, so I didn't have a whole lot of film as a starting backer. So my five years at Washington kind of growing from practice squad to starting a few games of starting several to being the starter.
Speaker 2: Captain, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: That reputation and resume you hope that you acquired carries you into contracts, a contract two which is a multi year deal, and you hopefully can stay around coaching, a coaching staff that understands all this stuff surrounding you. Right, you open that that place into your favorite because you've grinded so hard to get to that point when you go to a new place, like the Titans, I signed a one year deal, so I'm trying to reup. I'm trying to go one year, play ball out, get a new bag. As they all like to say, like reup it's gonna be. I'll sacrifice a multi year deal. I'll go one year at a time, and I'll try to get a two to three year deal after that.
Speaker 2: It didn't work out for me that way.
Speaker 1: So at that point when I finished with the Titans, there's a lot of fun and passion that got sucked out of being a football player when I came to Tennessee. Rabel's first year in Tennessee, it wasn't the most fun playing ball, and I would I would.
Speaker 2: Tell him that now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I have told him that, but we're verbelized relationship is that now is zero has zero comparison to where it was or what it was about his first year there, and I was ready to kind of be done, not really be done, and kind of see what happens. But that was the first year I was like, Okay, I have my resume. I'm twenty eight, gonna be twenty nine. The pedigree I have is the pedigraph have. I'm an undrafted cat. Teams know if I get picked up, it's gonna because there's a staff member on that team that knows about me, that goes, hey, he can play ball. Other than that, I didn't want to have to grind to reinvent myself again on a team that I wasn't familiar with because training camp in all season programs, all season program is not that hard. No, But when you're trying to do what we're doing now, building a brand, building bust with the boys, taking that risk, taking that shot to build the podcast, it takes up three months of your time where you can't you can't like you can't be half in and half out. But if you're going to take football series, so you got to pour more into the football aspect. At that point in time, I was ready to pour to pour more into my in my transition outside of the sport. So if you're not committed like that, you don't want to take take up three months of your time in the spring, you're gonna have to train your fucking dick off, because again, you're probably gonna be second or third on the depth chart, probably competing with a rookie or another VET that they brought in. Then when you hit the ground running and training camp, you've got to You've got to sacrifice and brainwash yourself and live in this world of like, you know, discipline, extreme discipline, because you have goals and aspirations of being a fucking guy on a team, and that takes a lot of commitment, a lot of sacrifice that everybody knows about, and you have wear and tear on your body. What I mean by that is you're taking reps, You're fucking hitting every day all the time. Listen, any every athlete, every fucking football player that is out there and they're in the middle of training camp, they hate their fucking life and in a joking way, like you're coming in after a practice, like, fuck, man, I don't know how many of these I can pour together.
Speaker 2: Because you train so hard to get here.
Speaker 1: Physically, training camp beat you down to where you get to the season, and then you're trying to maintain that level all throughout the entirety of the season. It's a fucking grind all year round. For me, it's like, I'm gonna be a minimum player, So I'm gonna skip off season program because why go there if I'm just gonna be I'm gonna be minimum. I'm not getting paid in April, May and June. You get paid when you're on the team playing games during the season, So I'm gonna do away with that. I'm gonna try to get on a team late in training camp so that way I can take care of my body, take care of my legs. And when I do get signed, you miss all the pads are on days or there might only be a couple left because you're getting brought in because you're a trusted veteran that has been there that a coach knows that there's a reference that can be called that They're like, hey, are you in shape. If you're in shape, let's bring in for a workout. You pass the test, Were you comfortable? How quickly do you think you can learn? And then I know once I get in and I can sit down for a day or two with the coach individually, they're gonna know, hey, we can throw him in the fire right now. So it was more of like not a gamble, because again, there were gonna be calls that happened, But it's just like trying to do your best to finesse all of training camp. The things you miss out on is building the camaraderie, building your kind of leadership role within the team. Because you're not sweating, you're not going through it with them all year long. You're kind of coming in last minute or coming in at the middle of the year. But that is what I mean by you try and finesse. Why veterans want to skip training camp because they're either holding out or they're just trying to take care of their body. Because there's a lot of veterans who have a vet day during training camp. If you're a guy like Derrick Henry, like the Derrick Henrys of the world, you'll go on a couple of days and go off, or you won't play in the preseason games. Me I was over it. I didn't want to be in the preseason games anymore. I didn't want to have to reinvent myself anymore. I didn't want to have to keep my head down and do the same practice squad mentality that I had in year one when I'm going at year eight, nine and ten, So there's a long winded way of answering that question.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 7: Fuck, it's all risk assessment for you at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just all like where you at in your career? How have you done with your finances? Like what are your aspirations? What are things you want to do off the field, all those sorts of things. Should we get into our shout out no free shout out? Once we do shout out no free shut up, we can answer some fan questions and then we can uh cap it off with some with some tear talk.
Speaker 2: Blasted.
Speaker 1: You want to shut you want to start our so offwur Should we hit an avery before we get into shot out no free shut up? Let's do an aver rey. We'll get into the avery. If you guys are watching right now, please leave a comment. The boy solo Dollo right now chopping up with the boys on the back of the bus, drop a comment. Engage do all that shit before we get into shout out no free shoutouts. We are here to shout out factor this spring. You need nutritious, convenient meals to energize you for warmer active days and keep you on track to reaching your goals. Factor, America's number one ready to eat meal kit, can help be fo With fast, ready to eat meals delivered straight to your door, you save time, money, you eat well, and tackle everything on your to do list. Too busy to cook the spring like the boys. With Factor, skip the trip to the grocery store and skip the shopping, Skip the chopping, skip the prepping and cleaning up on top of that, look for calorie conscious options. Try the Delicious Dietition approved calorie Smart meals with around or less than five hundred and fifty calories per serving. With thirty four plus chef Prepared Dietian approved weekly options, There's always a little something for everyone. Want to cut back on the takeout, get Factor instead. Not only is Factor cheaper than takeout, but meals are ready faster than restaurant delivery in just two minutes. Head to Factor Meals dot com, slash bus and fifty and use code bus and fifty to get fifty percent off your first box. That's code bus and fifty at factormeals dot com slash bus and fifty to get fifty percent off your first box. And I read I thought my voice going.
Speaker 2: Too boy.
Speaker 1: I know, and again shout out this fit. We got the pythons on the goals, Jim Crue. The vibes are high right now, Blossie kick us off with our favorite segment, shout out, No Free shout out segment of the week.
Speaker 11: My shout out this week goes to those times that you're trapped mostly inside. Like I wouldn't say trap, but you're stuck at a hospital for like an extended period of time and you see something in the corner of your eye. You're getting a little hungry, your stomach starting to rumble, and you see that what do they call that? The vending machine. So already you're excited that you see the vending machine. Well, what's even better is when you go to that vending machine, you put your money in and you get select the item that you want, and that item starts to fall down, and for whatever reason, somebody who came before you bought an item just under it, and as that thing starts to fall it hits that item for one the double from the vending machine. So my shout out no free shoutout.
Speaker 2: That's a good one, bro, That is a good one. That's off.
Speaker 7: Beautiful, beautiful stuff.
Speaker 3: My shout out, no free shout out goes to that first day you're able to like really spin in the sun. So we were in Vegas this past weekend on was it Friday, we got to go to the pool and we just kicked it in the sun for like four or five hours, got a little tan going. Then we were outside on Saturday for the game. You know, you feel a little bit burnt after it, like you get in a shower and you're like, well, it stings a little bit, But then like a day or two passes and then you're like, oh, I like this year we're getting tan, Like there's no question about it. So my shout over shout is, yeah, I guess the the base tan, but more just that first day you can truly just sit in the sun with nothing to do but just catching UV about that UV in Vegas.
Speaker 1: And you're right too, Like when you look in the mirror and you start seeing in the color a little bit, you're like, fuck, I need this.
Speaker 2: You got big head.
Speaker 5: My shoutout, no free shout out goes to, like, we've been traveling obviously a lot with Spring Tour, so it's that when you get home and you just PLoP on the couch and you just let out that deep exhale, like, all right, now I can relax for a couple hours before I have to go do whatever the next thing I have to do. Is so just kind of like hitting that quick reset button once you get home from traveling.
Speaker 1: Love that shout out the breathing man, shout out to oxygen, got out the oxygen.
Speaker 7: Just free out here, get.
Speaker 2: Out to the two on the periodic table.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: It is my shout out, no free shout out goes to The first thing I think a lot of people find is like when you go on the computer for the first time, or you're like first learning your way around a computer screen. It's when for me, my dad he would always play Solitaire and he say, hey, Jay, come in here, I want to show you something. Drags that last card and then the Solitaire end screen just goes crazy and it's like the first time you.
Speaker 7: See that digital no doubt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like it's just a shout out to the uh the Solitaire end screen.
Speaker 2: Say what kids, he says, ain't gonna know that.
Speaker 7: They don't know that.
Speaker 2: They don't know that either. You never wanted solitaire? Really? Really? Hey?
Speaker 7: That sea bad?
Speaker 1: Not good? Brother, Yeah, that's not good. We need to get you on that. JP hasn't won solitaire. Fuck, what do you got?
Speaker 9: G My shout out, no free shout out this week is gonna go to when you're at a nice restaurant and maybe you're on a date with your girl.
Speaker 7: You buy a.
Speaker 9: Bottle of wine and this is something that happened to me recently, never happened before. But they pour the glass and then you gotta smell it. I have no clue what I'm talking about, but you just feel like a boss. Yeah, you're like, yeah, that that's good, smells good, tastes good. Whatever, We'll we'll run that one up. So shout out to that moment of banesting that boss feeling.
Speaker 7: Yeah, nice dinner.
Speaker 2: You give the little swirl, you give the little.
Speaker 9: Well so when I did it, look up and you're like, oh yeah, I went to to spin it and the wine just went left right, left, right, was.
Speaker 7: Like, oh shit, let me just.
Speaker 6: Soup.
Speaker 7: Yeah that's good. Run it up.
Speaker 9: So shout out to those little moments love that.
Speaker 1: My shot out, no free shotout is going to go to, uh, the smell of your hands after you peel an orange smell of your hands after you peel an orange. I Rue has been loving what are the small oranges? Clementines? Yeah, yeah, clementines. You know, clementines are a hitter. We should do a fruit, a little fruit to your talk here soon. But Rue's been all about the clementines. And I enjoy peeling them for as I cut them up, and I just you just don't wash your hands because you're just like man. I kind of enjoy this little smell I got from the orange, the orange peel. So that is my shot out, no free shit out out your hands, smelling like an orange beel.
Speaker 9: There's another one in there, but I'm afraid to say it.
Speaker 7: Oh, we'll hold it. I'll hold it.
Speaker 2: Then another one in there.
Speaker 9: A little shout out within your within.
Speaker 1: Your story telling about the little bursted juice in your mouth with that clementine.
Speaker 7: Maybe there was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then you put that clementine in your mouth and you just bite down and you feel that just burst in your fucking mouth, dude, refreshing.
Speaker 7: God's gusher as they call it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I fucking love that jack God's gusher. Are you gonna do it?
Speaker 7: Are you gonna do one at all?
Speaker 2: Oh? Good one, My.
Speaker 7: Bad, my bad. The wine, the wine, the one I'm gonna go again before we go to the next thing.
Speaker 3: I still I want to allude back around throwing the idea of doing the opposite of a shout out, a free shout out, whatever it may be. But still just putting that on the table. Someone grievances something they hate about life once a week, one person, I think you could really shine some light on things we hate.
Speaker 9: I think Hove proposed this idea and has a name for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the pet peeve of the week. I remember you talking about that we could do.
Speaker 7: Pet peeve of the week. I'm just wanting to throw it back out there because.
Speaker 2: We run it right now. I got a fucking pet peeve right off the top.
Speaker 7: How much time you got.
Speaker 2: I gotta.
Speaker 1: I got a pet peeve of the week, and this will be my first one because I stand.
Speaker 2: I stand about this, bro.
Speaker 1: People not turning left at the fucking middle at the light when the lights, when the light turns yellow, and that person in the middle lane is not out there to go left when you're not over that fucking line. It pisses me off. It pisses me off, dude, because.
Speaker 7: Oh what what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's what's the worst that could happen.
Speaker 7: Nothing.
Speaker 1: People talk about getting here, but like, okay, you you you you creep over the line, right, here's the game. Like, let me put you on some game. You're sitting there, and if you're someone who sits behind the line, and as that thing turns yellow and you're just like, oh, it doesn't feel right, Like no, you've gotta fucking pick some risk and get out there. You put yourself out a little over the white line. Matter of fact, get all four wheels in front of light, wine in front the white line, get your bumper a few feet away from it. You gotta be sitting. You gotta be sitting out there, ready to go.
Speaker 7: I see it's not here.
Speaker 1: We got a cop. We got a cop here. It's not illegal. It's not illegal. And you sit out there, and even if somebody's trying to run the red light or the yell light from the other side, that's coming the other way, and that's a that's on your awareness, right you're watching. If you see somebody high tailing, okay, they're gonna go. Even if that fucking light turns red and you're still over the white line. Once that guy passes and the light's red you still just turn left?
Speaker 7: You got We've got.
Speaker 1: To get people doing this because we're holding a lot of people back there. We're holding a lot of people back and that is a that is on my mount rushmore pet peeves. I'm fucking I'm in the back and fucking hitting my steering wheel. I'm pretending that the person who stayed that they know what they did, and they're looking at me in the rearview mirror and they can see me just losing my mind at them behind them. You gotta get out there over the white line and start turning fucking left.
Speaker 4: We should make that illegal. What you should be able to get pulled over if you don't pull up. Yes, man, that is in the rest.
Speaker 3: And I know the boy Taylor would be so proud of this first inaugural pet peeve of the Week because my man will get on g on spring tour if he doesn't run red lights from twenty yards back.
Speaker 2: Dude, I hate that we're doing this segment without the boy.
Speaker 3: I know, Buck, I don't think I've seen that much passion in a shout out, no fre your shout out ever, So I feel like this segment has legs.
Speaker 1: This segment for sure has legs. We're talking about. This is stuff you throw clips out there and people are gonna eat it up. But I think that that's the majority of the world.
Speaker 7: Who agree.
Speaker 1: Who would agree with that, or America because they were they do russels differently in Europe.
Speaker 2: And you know all the other countries.
Speaker 1: But I think everybody would agree with that, besides people who don't do it. Am I am I fucking overreacting?
Speaker 3: No at you? All right, it's just getting it, dude. And if you're actually in a rush too, that's when like the real anger comes out because you're like, this person is the reason I'm laid, when in reality you could have left.
Speaker 1: And that's fair, that's fair. But the comment against that is be on time and stuff. And let's play into that for a second. Even if you're ahead of time, like just the normal rules of the game, you've got to fucking get out there and move because some of these lights ain't sitting, ain't sitting that long.
Speaker 7: The main road's gonna get mostly playing.
Speaker 1: If you're on a side road trying to hit left, you're gonna get about five seconds to fucking turn left. So it's in perative that everyone pushes and inches their way out there to go left, because there's people behind you that you were holding back and you were letting down.
Speaker 7: You are letting people.
Speaker 1: Down, Dude, Somebody else to a pep eve Hey, text tailor and see if he has one. We can phone him in. If he's got one, just call him. Yeah, JP, what's yours?
Speaker 4: My pet peeple of the week whisper something does not come with near as much energy as will's. My mind goes to when it's raining outside and whoever's driving this makes me so bad. Whoever's driving has the wind show weapons at the wrong speed and so it could be like a drizzle and they'll have them just whip it. I'm like, I go crazy. I like look out the window. I'm like, oh my god, please please stop this. And it's just it's not efficient. It just it bugs me so much. And I feel like I hear every single click and wipe. So love that, my pet eve I'm with that.
Speaker 6: I'm with that.
Speaker 2: Some small just pisces you off, bro.
Speaker 6: My uh pep peev of the Week.
Speaker 5: It's when the plane immediately land the Aliens and people immediately get up because they think they think it's going to speed up the process if you're getting off the plane, because it's like you're just slowing the process down. There's no point, like you're hurrying up, hurrying up just to wait even more like there's no point in it. And like especially when you're like on the aisle seat and a part like a bigger person comes and just stands right there and you're just kind of like have to lean over because they're taking up so much space. Yes, when a fat person stands next to you and you can't, they're taking up all your space and like you can't. You're just stuck like this for another ten minutes because we're deboarding, and they think, oh, I gotta sprint and get off the plane, like you're not that important.
Speaker 2: I actually disagree. So what would that take?
Speaker 1: How Because if you're on a long flight and you just want to stand up and stretch your legs, not walk or like start doing everything. But say, say I'm sitting on the aisle right now, right say I'm sitting on the aisle and you're in the middle seat and JP's on the window, or you're on the other aisle and we land, I just want to stand up because my fucking back hurts. Like I gotta start getting my back right because now I'm gonna be walking like this down the aisle.
Speaker 2: They like grab my bags.
Speaker 1: I get that, but I'm saying, like we land sometimes I just want to stand up and shake these legs out.
Speaker 5: I get that, but it's like it's the people that will like grab their ship out of this, out of the top and then like start go, like just start going down the aisle.
Speaker 6: All right, my ad.
Speaker 2: I feel you. I feel you there. I do feel you at least some good gray area.
Speaker 1: Are you in a very well engaged type of post. If you don't have one, you can pass. I got one text tailor anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he doesn't responded yet, but I gave him the context what's going on.
Speaker 2: I feel bad too.
Speaker 1: I would like to say some of that stuff over the phone, like, hey, we've been talking hell of shit.
Speaker 2: I've been disrespecting you about this championship trophy.
Speaker 3: My pet peeve of the week is when you go to the movies, you're actually you know, with the squad with the girl whatever, and whether it's a kid or a couple that is talking or just being obnoxiously loud. I understand kids don't have a grasp on like reality up into a certain age.
Speaker 7: But if this kid is like screaming and yelling, take this motherfucking kid out back and give them a little whooping, because it's like, don't bring your kid to a public theater unless you're ready for them to sit down and be a grown up for an hour and a half, because like, I'm not gonna spend you know, forty dollars at the end of the day when it's said and done, off snacks and tickets and my good time and gas getting there for some little shit to ruin.
Speaker 3: My time because it's happened before. I remember I saw Doctor Strange in theater, a movie that I don't think like a five year old is grasping anyways, and they're on the back like ah like all this shit.
Speaker 7: I'm like, please just take your kid out.
Speaker 3: Like so, I understand you're trying to like enjoy your time, but man, it doesn't have to do with kids, just people who just are.
Speaker 7: Like loud and I'm loud. Y'all know that, Like I will.
Speaker 3: Yell in a space where you're supposed to be whispering, but I also know when it's time to whisper or just not talk.
Speaker 7: At all, I will stop talking.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you got that off your chest. Yeah, glad you got that one of your chaly.
Speaker 7: For like a year and a half.
Speaker 4: Hey, I was really worried that you were going in about it like with all these kids. And I'm like, dag Man, you were at the Mario movie like it's got you got a lot of kids there.
Speaker 7: Surprisingly, we did have a kid behind us who came in guns blazing, yelling and stuff, and he actually ended up being really good. So hats off to that kid. They some kids can learn from that kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah you got a pet pee boss.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the pet peeve that comes to my mind, like immediately when you first mentioned it was just people who who rub their teeth on any kind of overwear when you're at the table.
Speaker 7: That ship makes my.
Speaker 2: Ears rub their teeth on.
Speaker 7: So yeah, like whenever they bite down and they scrape their teeth.
Speaker 11: On the holy shit, that's like nails on a chalkboard. That shit irks me so bad.
Speaker 1: I can see Will doing that the fuck out of here, dude, I ain't doing no ship like that, you do, hear me?
Speaker 7: Suck them fingers, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that was a pet peeve and I got called out for that by my ex girlfriend and and it happened a bunch where I was like, what are you talking about? And like it would like ruined dinners for her sometimes, and I'm like, yeah, but yeah, so I can.
Speaker 7: But it was a pet peeve.
Speaker 2: Get it correct to Jack lose with the finger food. I do suck them fingers.
Speaker 1: I can see how that can be a little od because me, I hate I hate my.
Speaker 7: Happing him next time wheel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just hate my hands or fingers being dirty. Ever, so once I get done with the wing. After every wing, boy, I'm like that mouth is cleaned she's talking about. But as long as it's off, as long as it's all my fingers, you know what I mean. I'm trying. I know I sucked them things hard. I'm trying to only do it one time, you know what I mean. I'm trying to get in them little crevices of the nail.
Speaker 6: Everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it depends because I'm a guy who likes to drink. I'm a guy likes to take a drink after bites. So if I'm gonna grab my cup, I don't want my my fingers to be dirty.
Speaker 2: Hey, no, if you're picking up I had a buddy logan.
Speaker 1: He fucking he would just be so messy when he ate all the fucking time, and he would pick up his cup like this to like suck out of the straw, and it's like, bro, get a hold of like look at you. Well, next time you do that, fucking take a moment and be like, how do I look right now? Fucking double palming a fucking cup to take a drink. Wipe your hands, man, next time, be there.
Speaker 4: Next time, I'm gonna get you and we're gonna get an extra water cup that you could just dump your fingers in.
Speaker 7: Put the end of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that. I like the pet peeve. I'm glad we're getting it off the ground. Pet pee for the week. There were some people, I want to say in the comments because we were telling people to leave comments talking about what we could call it. But anyway, yeah, shout out, no for you, shot out you got pet peep for the week. I like the pet peeve. We can get some shit off of our chest. I know, God, I wish the fucking boy was here. Boy could have been Oh could he have been here? I want to see you might have had something going on in easy Yeah, yeah, I need a text about that meeting.
Speaker 2: How long has pop been going?
Speaker 7: That's mineus probably Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let's get into uh, some of the fan questions, no bad questions, let's get into what Jack do you haven't pulled up?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it's on my computer, that doesn't You may just read off a few or do you wanna because it's on bosses computer right now for your screen? Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, read off?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: And I want to say I checked the email and grabbed a couple.
Speaker 3: All right, Well this one, I guess starting out just because we were on the spring tour. Do you think you could be a head coach in college or the NFL?
Speaker 2: Yes? No, I do.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 1: Before before all the podcasting stuff, I wanted to coach football when I was going through college. When I was choosing my college, I would ask, like coach Bo, all the coaches whenever I'd go on visits, like what they would advise me getting my degree in just because ultimately I wanted to coach football and going through college. If I didn't make it in the league or if this stuff didn't happen, I would definitely be in the college or not the college I would be in the coaching circuit, the coaching world right now. I'm glad I'm not, because that is a that is a fucking grind of a job.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: You get a lot of you get a lot from it, a lot of pros. The thing I really enjoy about coaching ball outside of the x's and o's because I love the game of football.
Speaker 2: I love like coaching defense. I love schematics.
Speaker 1: I love figuring out trying to figure out what the opposition is about to do based on how they're aligned and everything else. But outside of that, it is like impacting, impacting players, like impacting kids. I think I would have liked college more. And JPL was talking to you about this too. After coach dilling Ham, he like gives me I love seeing now would coach Dellingham because he just like sparks that stuff that I love about coaching. I feel like he that's what he speaks on. But I would have loved to have or I mean, I'm not going to close the door on it, because you just never know. I'm sure as time goes and get deep in my thirties or forties, and I get that itch to like want to coach ball. I won't I won't say I would never do it, because I very much would. If I wasn't doing this, I would want to coach football, do what i'd coach high school. I'd feel like coaching high school would be like I got everything, I need, everything I want, I'm comfortable, I'm all this stuff. You got, fuck you money that you can just sit on. You just coach high school football because you want to. I feel like it's like that that legacy of impact. So you do all this stuff to want to make money, your ambitions. You want to chase all this stuff selfishly personally for your family. Then I feel like you also get to certain areas of your life, for certain spots or stages where it's like.
Speaker 2: You know, what are you trying to feel now?
Speaker 1: And I think ultimately it always ends up in like wanting to impact impact somebody somehow. So I would love to coach high school ball. If I was coaching right now now, I think I would coach. I would want to be an NFL over college because the life of college is so long, Like you're almost doing two and three jobs between recruiting re recruiting these kids, you know, coaching football, and then versus the NFL you get some more off periods.
Speaker 2: But I like the.
Speaker 1: Idea of college more because I think the eighteen to twenty two year olds you can imprint on an impact more to where when their time is up, it's not because you're cutting them, because they're hopefully they're going on to things that you've developed. You've helped them find and develop and helped them find theirselves, find their passion, and you can kind of play a role in helping them achieve, whether it's the NFL or coaching or the next gig or be a reference, and then they want to come back to you just because you know. Coach Comp. I fuck with Coach Comp. He was there like he was pivotal, blah blah blah. It's like that's what I would love most about coaching. So yeah, I do think I could be a coach.
Speaker 3: All That question was from our man briley Man. Next question from Brennan Slocum. What are your thoughts on things like analytics as a player? Does it make sense or do you feel like it boxes you in what the data says.
Speaker 1: I think there's a place for it. As a guy who wasn't always the best who was never the best player, not always, and I won't say always. I set myself up for a nice little chirp for people in the comments. I was never the best player, like in the pros and stuff like that, to where analytics like PFF would never really play in my favorite and that would bother me. But I think there's a place for it, because I think if I if, I gotta be real and have awareness, like the tangible things that you can measure. That's what the data and analytics are for. Obviously, you don't play as long as I have as an undrafted guy or some of these guys who have been lower rounds undrafted like you bought Yard was fourth round guy who got a massive, big deal. There are some things that data and analytics just can't measure. That it's kind of the balance between the two. So yeah, analytics boxed you in, but also the right people know the answer.
Speaker 2: Anyway. You got to take it all with a grain of salt.
Speaker 1: You almost wish the analytics wild play in your favorite, just in general, so you could claim and have that significance or that fame factor to where you have that public recognition. But like I always said, man numbers been trying to chase me and hold me down for years.
Speaker 2: It just can't.
Speaker 3: But yes and no, all right, this one comes from our guy, Jacob Barrish, who would win in a fight a bear or a gorilla?
Speaker 1: An argument as old as time. Yes, this was always good for the locker room. One by one, blosh, you start or I'll start.
Speaker 2: Blash.
Speaker 1: You can go and don't give an explanation, just say what you would think and then we can open it up.
Speaker 2: Mine gorilla, I'm.
Speaker 8: Gonna say, bear, gorilla bear, gorilla.
Speaker 6: Bear?
Speaker 1: Wowfy fifty split Right now?
Speaker 2: You got a call Taylor, I know had test he answered your text.
Speaker 7: So that would be an iconic matchup.
Speaker 2: Iconic.
Speaker 1: I think we're I think where it's hard is gorillas aren't like I mean, neither are bears, but gorillas aren't. You don't see that at any of those like aggressive videos like you do in Abundance with the bears out there like bears and stand and go fucking toes and it looks violent. However, I think you pissed that silver back off, dude. Like they're so fucking strong. I think they can lift like ten ton over their head. They can hit a fucking look it up. Look it up, Mitch. I think a ton is what two thousand pounds? I bet they can lift twelve thousand pounds above their head six tons. Fuck, I had to do the math. I'm sorry, I'm just going off the cuff. God trying to like flavor this up a little bit where my exaggerate. Where my hesitation was.
Speaker 9: Not going, or if I went gorilla would be because they have like, you know, hands and they can grab.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can grab. They're fucking more agile. They hit the little.
Speaker 5: What any adult gorilla can lift up to four hundred and fifty kilograms, not with a body size that can go. That's saying the silverbacks are in fact stronger than twenty adult human beings combined, as they can lift or throw up to eight hundred and fifty kilograms, while a well trained man can only lift up to four hundred kilograms, And then four hundred and fifty kilograms is nine and ninety two pounds.
Speaker 2: So we're looking at one thousand pounds with one arm.
Speaker 5: Doesn't stay with one arm?
Speaker 2: Yeah, one arm. Have y'all watched fucking cong or Mighty Joe Young.
Speaker 7: For my hesitation was it was?
Speaker 11: It was a leverage thing, because I feel like a gorilla can get on two feet and definitely over can two A bear can too. But I don't think they. I don't think they got the balance of a gorilla like that.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, bro, I think it's.
Speaker 11: So that's where I was having a tough time with. But in opening in with that being said, though, that opens yourself up to the bear to get under you.
Speaker 7: So that's ultimately where I let on.
Speaker 2: What you just find, Mitch, I like that, That's that's good fucking.
Speaker 6: It says uh.
Speaker 5: Gorillas have the bite force of thirteen hundred pounds per square inch.
Speaker 6: That is double a lion.
Speaker 2: Either way, your gorilla, your maneuver around it.
Speaker 1: All you need is get on that back, you grab them, throw a fucking right hook and biteing their fucking spine.
Speaker 2: It's over.
Speaker 6: Over is twelve hundred. Where was gorilla's thirteen hundred?
Speaker 2: Anything?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the agility factor is what gets it for menape.
Speaker 1: But think of the arm mobility of the fucking like they're gonna be brillers are ready to go.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 7: Never know you seen a.
Speaker 1: Fight, Yeah, but you you've seen You've seen a gorilla fucking charge and just swing that motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Dude. Bears are fast.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 11: I think it just comes down to the aggression. And like you said, there's way more videos.
Speaker 7: We gotta pretend that, we gotta we're taking best on best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, best on best. Mentality is there, The aggression is there. We gotta pretend that they're wanting to fight.
Speaker 7: Bruce Buffer is there? Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: A brown bear can run up to thirty five miles an hour, and a gorilla can run up to twenty five.
Speaker 1: Actually, they don't look up speed in a boxing match. They don't look up speed in a UFC fight. We're in the wild. But if one of them runs where you know, I just think, if they're both running at each other, I envision a fucking gorilla taking that arm, what laying in one of the head. Maybe the grizzly stands up, because we gotta say grizzly bear, right, we gotta assume grizzly bear, And that's a bad motherfucker. Let's just say the grizzly bear stands up, taking a shot to the gut. Boom, shot to the gut, and one of them rolls that them gorillas do. And then again bear drops down, gorilla jumps on his fucking back. Another one bam to the skull.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Or he just takes both.
Speaker 1: Hands, Yeah, hits a little dk and and then bites his fucking spine. Three hundred pounds per square inch, it's over. But okay, how many what I say, thirteen hundred pounds per square and go the other way too. All of that can go the other way. Bear can body you and then get you in the jaw. Yeah, but if he grabs you, he's got claws. Bro delte that sound effect.
Speaker 6: You all were talking about.
Speaker 5: Like weight, a grizzly bear can weigh up like averages around like six hundred pounds silverback. Gorilla averages between three hundred and five hundred pounds double.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's a fucking big gorilla.
Speaker 9: Bro still half of the bear he's fighting, he said, three to five hundred.
Speaker 2: Think of a five hundred pounds silver bag.
Speaker 7: Terrified.
Speaker 9: Yoh, we need how do we get that happen?
Speaker 7: How do we get that to happen?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 7: But me in the just see what gorilla looks like?
Speaker 1: What else you got, Jack? I think it's a good debate. Leaving the comments gorilla or like a gorilla or bear.
Speaker 3: The two or three like football are like current related questions. And then we do one hypothetical because that's where I feel like people have the most passion.
Speaker 1: Somebody I saw somebody go, h what do I think about Jalen Hurts deal?
Speaker 2: And how does it?
Speaker 7: How does it affect if Lamar Jackson gets an agent or not?
Speaker 2: No, not that one. This one was how does it affect Lebron's legacy?
Speaker 7: It's gonna get another ring?
Speaker 2: Where was it? Yeah?
Speaker 7: There was a I had one that leads into our tier talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I had a couple from the email that I will pull up.
Speaker 3: All right, So what are your thoughts on the new Herbie Husker mascot?
Speaker 2: And well, hang on, hang on. Before that one, here's a good hypothetical.
Speaker 1: What do you call soda? Is it soda or cola? There's three? Hey, trust me, I'm talking. I would go To's and the and Nebraska because people up there calls fucking.
Speaker 3: Pop who say pop are also still saying the N word, So let's get that straight.
Speaker 1: But ways to call soda, they would say soda, cola or pop.
Speaker 7: I'm definitely soda, that's correct.
Speaker 3: Well, I can I can understand soda versus pop because I feel like that's a Northern thing, or like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Northerners say pop and pop is pop? Is not it? Pop is gay? You say pop? You are gay?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 2: Figure what this was an email? Would you?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 2: JP got something.
Speaker 7: Somebody did ask one this comes from uh at J heavy thirty four? Are you gay?
Speaker 8: Mm hmm.
Speaker 7: Band question? Do you want to address that?
Speaker 4: This was at J Heavy thirty four asked that under your tweet, they're asking you if you're gay?
Speaker 2: Oh, if I'm gay?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm not gay.
Speaker 2: There was a saying that I had that let's how you find out. You gotta know.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you got a suck a dick to know you don't like sucking dick, and we know, and I found out.
Speaker 2: I found out. So no, I would say, I'm not gay. Nice clip. Here, here we go, Here we go. Boys.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had a grudge on somebody and an acted revenge on them years later? I would say I don't. I don't think so. I think if I ever did, maybe I would be just in a position of power. Maybe that person needs something. I might remember what they did to me. I might just give them the nod, No. But if I'm truly reacting out of revenge years later on something, then yeah, they're still winning. Yeah, because they don't. That person doesn't go to bed thinking about you. You clearly do if you're a prisoner of that.
Speaker 7: To them, it feels like.
Speaker 3: You they would have to have done you really dirty for you to do that, for you just to be harboring all that angry years later, And like Garrett said, perfectly, they are still winning if you act on revenge years after the fact, that right, heal and forgive that.
Speaker 7: Person in career, Yeah, you're gonna live to the day you died.
Speaker 1: I didn't say forgive. You can also to speak on that too. You can also forgive and just not forget.
Speaker 9: Because you almost have to, or the other way around.
Speaker 1: Because I feel you on the forgiveness thing, but it's almost like you just have to forgive, right, but you almost just have to forgive the situation so you can allow yourself to move on, you know what I mean? I agree, not like not like like say Jack you did something right, say you said did something to me that's truly unforgivable. I think over time, as I got away from it, you almost just have to forgive the situation so I can just move so I.
Speaker 2: Can personally move on from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fucking you'll laugh in this pod, you'll cry in this pod, and you'll also fucking clap and root for the boys.
Speaker 4: Mike Tyson says something like the person that is ruling your emotions as your master.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I agree, Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, if you're thaf somebody's wrong you and you're thinking about using revenge to get back to them, mister is a soda color or pop guy, don't do the revenge, brother, give the situation what you have. Let's go one more question that we can go into our tier talk. Our tear talk this week is going to be college mascots.
Speaker 3: Yes, so a good segue for a last question from hater Aide. What are your thoughts in the new Herbie Husker mascot? For those who don't know Nebraska got a new mascot, will you can probably.
Speaker 1: It's not new, they're just getting back to the old Herbie Husker, right and they've kind of modernized it a little bit.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm looking at a photo right now and the dude looks kind of goofy.
Speaker 2: Well, he relaxed on the boy heard.
Speaker 7: He's got a fighter's jaw, though, so I can't respect them.
Speaker 1: Tell about with the little blonde coming out of the coming out of the hat. I saw the video. I fucked with the video. I kind of fucked with the whole rebrand or kind of getting back to that, to that not getting bad to that style. But I guess what I'm saying is I feel like Nebraska's tried so many different things over the years.
Speaker 2: It's nice to see.
Speaker 1: Them fundamentally like stand on stand on one because I feel like this this logo has been reiterated a lot, right.
Speaker 3: They said the last time it was occurred was in two thousand and three, so twenty years removed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I kind of fuck with it. I fuck with it. Listen, your boy, Your boy's a Husker forever. I will always back the boys, you know, unless it's late in the season. There's nothing I can do at that point anymore.
Speaker 2: But uh, I did I like the video.
Speaker 1: In the group chat, the Fuckery Island group chat, they approved of the video.
Speaker 7: So that's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think, yeah, good news for the Huskers. Good news for the Huskers.
Speaker 1: Now, you know you wish it could be cooler, because it's not like it's the coolest thing in the world.
Speaker 2: It's fucking Herbie Husker. Fuck with Herbie.
Speaker 1: But I do like that they are just kind of like establishing this is our mascot going forward, because I don't know if you guys saw the game we're at, they have to. They have a little Red, Big Red Big reds kind of like her Husker. He's wearing the hat, strong jawline, muscular, looking like a farmer. But it's like, there's also Herbieesker. There's all there's so many out there, so I'm glad they're just establishing that this is the mascot going forward.
Speaker 2: Go Big Red.
Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by one of our favorite partners, Duke Cannon. No fre shot us to Duke Cannon. Warmer weather is here and things are heating up for the boys. The sun's out. The sun is out. It's been a hell of a week in Nashville, Tennessee. But guess what, we're not sweating it on the bus. Why Because Duke Cannon has our backs, our pits, our thighs, our faces, our entire body, and our hair. If you need to upgrade your grooming routine or restock your favorites. Duke Cannon has everything you need from anny purseprinch, shampoos, deodorants, body wash, and there big aest brick of soap. I will stand on the hill coal miners face wash.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: Let me take a drink. I am out of water, JP, Sorry, I drink it.
Speaker 1: Can pick up these hardworking products at Duke Cannon dot com and use code bust and ten for ten percent off your order. Shout out Duke Cannon not for clowns.
Speaker 2: All right, the.
Speaker 1: Perfect uh perfect little segue into our tier talk this week, which is going to be best College Mascots, Best college Mascots.
Speaker 2: Who wants to go first? G Jack?
Speaker 6: Mitch?
Speaker 2: Are you going, Mitch? JP?
Speaker 9: I can go real quick, go ahead, honorable mention for best mascots in college? Or is going to go to Florida State Seminole. I just think like that tradition on the walkout out of the tunnel is badass. Tier three usc Trojan, similar kind of thing to dude full on in the armor. I just think it's sick. Tier two the Oregon Duck. Some reason, that thing is just like super iconic to me.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: And then here one's big Al all the way World.
Speaker 2: Tide, the name that was your list in in the session.
Speaker 9: Uh, Big Al, the Oregon Duck, then the USC Trojan, and then honorable mentioned to the Florida State Seminal.
Speaker 2: Solid Solid Yeah, of course you know the rules brother.
Speaker 10: Blue Bloods. Yeah, legends solid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, iconic JP, go ahead, young Sir.
Speaker 4: Honorable mention goes to the Delta State Fighting Okrah is a funny looking mascot. My list will will look different than the most. Number three is the Stanford Tree. The kind of bring out different renditions of the tree, which is fun. Number two is the is Big Red from Western Kentucky University, basically just like a red blob. And then of course Tier one Hockey from the University of South Carolina because he's also paired with Sir Big Spur, a live rooster on the field.
Speaker 6: Those are mine with it with Big Red was so good, fun, funny.
Speaker 9: Hilarious, similar.
Speaker 2: JP.
Speaker 5: All right, honorable mentioned we were two of which well three of which we've been to this break tour. Honorable Mention goes to Bebo Texas Longhorns. He solid, he just looks super cool. My Tier three some would say that I look like him. That is Brutus the Buckeye from Ohio State. Number two is Ralphie from Colorado because it's a buffalo and I just think that's really cool. And then number one, I think it's the best mascot is Mike the Tiger from LSU the just a live tiger, so sick, big.
Speaker 7: Head dance, powerful, live stock.
Speaker 2: Variety. Jack, you have the floor, brother.
Speaker 3: My honorable mention, Me and JP have a very similar less I'm going going throw that out there.
Speaker 7: Honorable mention though, goes to the Stanford Tree.
Speaker 3: The thing is goofy as hell and coming from a place with very high credible academics, it's funny that.
Speaker 7: They just have this tree.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: Three is also going to Big Red because that dude, just from first look.
Speaker 7: Is a menace.
Speaker 3: What are you doing, Mitchell? I didn't do shit when you're doing it. Number two Mike the Tiger. We got to see him in person. Mike is all time truly the definition of a catnapp. We got to see and he's just an undomesticated wild animal in the middle of a college campus, which maybe is unethical or maybe is the coolest thing they have. Number one going with Smokey, tip of the Captain ut one of the best boys out there. There's a legendary list of smokies. Rest in peace to all that have come before us.
Speaker 7: So that is my list, uh legends dece uh solid outside live.
Speaker 1: All right, my honorable mention, man, There's so many good ones out there, but my honorable moment on, my honorable mention is gonna have to go to the good boy himself, Smokey. I do love uh, I just love dogs, man. And you'll see a repeat. You'll see a repeat. Animal come up on this, come up on this tier, this tierless, my tier three, you guys just put me on last minute. Scrody from Rhode from Rhode Island. Scrody, phenomenal mascot, gonads My Tier two. Uggah, Georgia the Bulldog. You guys know, I love me a bulldog. I'm a bulldog guy. With that shout out, uh, the Farmer's dog. No free shoutouts, oh Farmer's Dog. My Tier one.
Speaker 2: You guys know. Listen.
Speaker 1: Herbie the Husker, the new mascot, Herbie the Husker best mascot in college football comes out in twenty twenty three. Getting back to our roots, getting back to the corn, getting back to the agriculture. My tier one's up herbe the husker, So that that rounds up my tier talk.
Speaker 2: You got Herbie with scrodi and our pet dog.
Speaker 12: Uga family, eh blah eh unexpected.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: So we have some some more to talk about because we got to bring you Farmer's dog. The farmer's dog. Dogs eat anything, shoes, toilet paper, garbage and even But just because the lad, it does not mean it's healthy food. Here's an idea. What if dogs eat real food, real food by real people. Why do dog Why does dog food have to be dry food or wet food? Why can't it just be food, real food? Feed your dog the farmer's dog. It's real, fresh, healthy food with whole meat and veggies gently cooked in the human grade kitchens to preserve their nutritional value. We guys all the last couple of weeks I've talked about it.
Speaker 2: My dog Waffle, God bless her. She's a stud.
Speaker 1: She's had her journey with the farmers dogs in twenty nineteen, down fifteen pounds, dry Spot's gone coat spectacular all because of the Farmer's dog. I gotta throw the ball like forty times a day. Now she barks at me because she wants to go outside. In early twenty nineteen, it wasn't that way. She's groggy, lethargic, fat, overweight, patches, skin patches all over her body. Not anymore, all thanks to the Farmer's Dog, which I am glad they're on board sponsored the boys. Right now, get fifty off your first box of fresh healthy food at the Farmersdog dot Com slash busting.
Speaker 2: Plus you get free shipping. That's on hove.
Speaker 1: Just go to the Farmersdog dot Com slash busting to get fifty percent off. That's the Farmers Dog dot Com slash busting.
Speaker 7: Fuck what else we got, Fellas, I think that's it.
Speaker 2: We can't just go that's it. We just ran an ad right there.
Speaker 7: Yeah. We gotta give the people what they want.
Speaker 2: We got to give them an after show like uh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: We love a healthy debate. Welcome to the Post Show. Welcome to the Post Show, brought to you by the Farmer's Dog. Ten minutes on the clock. Opus apparently got something we can debate. Set it all, brother.
Speaker 4: We talked about this over this past week and at one of the large argument it was John Wick first, Jason Bourne, who would win in the fights. We'd love to know in the comments, and we'd love to hear the bus's opinions.
Speaker 7: Clock has started.
Speaker 2: Now, fuck man, get it, get it popping.
Speaker 1: I personally think without diving in and I I I hold, I hold controls and change my mind anytime I want to. But off top, I'm gonna say, John Wick.
Speaker 6: We watched John two.
Speaker 7: John, I mean, most people watch one and.
Speaker 6: I didn't watch one.
Speaker 1: Only don't bring in what movies are better, John Jason wore movies are better.
Speaker 5: Not I'm not. I'm not. I'm just watching. I was just watching John Wick two and like his fighting style. Granted they some say that is the worst one liked. They're like cinematically or whatever.
Speaker 6: Whatever, who says that? Whatever?
Speaker 7: JP and Taylor boys on John Wick two.
Speaker 5: His fighting style and everything just was like the people he were going against were like glorified, like glorified brand A cops, so like it didn't seem like he was really going on.
Speaker 7: And John Wick two he's literally fighting assassins. They're all assassins. That they're all assassins, you know?
Speaker 2: Is that what you don't understand that.
Speaker 6: I understand it.
Speaker 5: He was just basically he was just fighting dog shit fighters, and I think Jason Bourne is better.
Speaker 3: So I actually watched Bourne Identity last night. I'm restarting the whole thing because this argument, and I'm a John Wicks Stan through and through, but I'm not gonna come in with or with a biased opinion just because I have passion in the game.
Speaker 7: I watched Born on Didty last night. I forgot a lot of things that happened. But how the fuck are you gonna lose a fight to a guy that doesn't even know who he is? How are you gonna do that?
Speaker 3: John Wicks never ever forgetting who he is because he is the Baba Yaga the Boogeyman.
Speaker 1: They the Bomba Yaga the Boogeyman. Do not lose to the Boogeyman in my opinion.
Speaker 3: But I will say Jason Bourne would be a very, very tough battle because that he's quick. He's a little smaller than John Wick would be, but you can tell he's got a lot of fucking talent on his side.
Speaker 7: Dude's been in the gym. He's like a product of the US government, so that is very impressive.
Speaker 3: I'm also with Will where by the time I finished the saga again of Bourne identity or just born. I will I will give my honest opinion again and reserve my right to change because I love John Wick. But I'm not gonna lie. But John Wick and this kind of goes outside of the realm of like the fictional fight. But Keanu Reeves, who plays John Wick, also does all of his own fighting sequences and stunts. That's pretty impressive just on its own regard, But that has nothing to do with John Wick versus Jason Bourne. That's just Keanu Reeves doing Keanu Reeves things.
Speaker 2: Keana Reeves is whooping the shit out of mad Damon. I know that much.
Speaker 9: Ex So I need to go back and watch the Bourne movies as well. But my initial vote is gonna be John Wick. He's just relentless and as we were saying the whole time I hit you, he'll let you with the three piece, one in the stomach, two to the head over. JP brought up a good point. Jason Bourne is very tactical, so he could be setting up things behind the scenes to help him, but hand to hand combat, first vote is gonna be John Wick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's hard, like like like Jack It's hard to like speak on because I haven't seen the Bourne movies in a while. I haven't even seen all the Bourne movies Truth be Told. But I mean John WICKTT just runs through bulldozes.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, well I think with Bourne, John like, don't get me wrong, John Wick is like a badass for sure.
Speaker 7: Born.
Speaker 4: I just feel like it is the highest train guys in the country or like in the world that are after him. The government's after him as well, and he's just like a In a lot of movies, guys get bailed out, but John Wick got bailed out big time twice in his movie.
Speaker 7: And Jason Bourn. It's always Jason Bourne's bailing.
Speaker 4: Himself out and so the bailouts where like he had the Green Goblin as the sniper, Like that's like a dope scene in the movie, but like Bourne doesn't have that. So I think hand to hand, I got Jason Bourne two goats in the scene. But I mean, he's born is just taking out everyone solo.
Speaker 7: What I do credit to Jason Bourne is it in that first born identity. He doesn't even know he's capable of stuff, Like the first he's fight scenes, it's just his reaction He's like, I don't even know what the fuck's going on, but I'm handling cats left and right. It is tough.
Speaker 3: Like, the more I watch this sequel, I'm gonna have some things this say. Because he's also like humble, right, He's got this like weird humility to him. But man, it is tough. This is this is a goaded argument, my opinion, he.
Speaker 1: Said, a goaded argument. We've had a couple goaded arguments in this fuck.
Speaker 4: Either they need at each other or they need a joined forces to take on two of the most epic villains.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: I mean it's like you say, the point about bailing himself out, the governments after him and everything else. It's like the whole company that he used to work for was after him, and just the Krim Dela Krim, he's taking them.
Speaker 7: Every single person is searching for Jason Bourne.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen Jason Bourne in so long, like I truly would have to get refreshed. I love that you bring up the argument. I think I would just argue John Wick just for argument's sake, but like truly trying to piece something together. I can't remember the Jason Bourne stuff to like give something where I'm not talking about where I'm not like talking out of my ass.
Speaker 7: Who was talking also be a four minutes left on this argument.
Speaker 3: Who was talking about how John Wick uses like jiu jitsu and how that was laying. There's a video online you can go look it up where a black belt and jiu jitsu doze over all the techniques and he talks about it being like flawless technique.
Speaker 4: No, no, I think the technique is great, but you don't think that would help you, And I mean not if the person is holding a gun in one of their hands. You can yank my arm all you want, but in my other hand, I got a gun.
Speaker 7: I think it's paired. He has a gun, and it's usually when they get down a hand in hand both guns. You know, they slide.
Speaker 3: Apart to off the corners of the room and they're kind of just using what they have at their disposal.
Speaker 4: The funny thing with jiu jitsu, they make funny videos on it. But like jiu jitsu, jiu jitsu is designed to help you when you're on your back, so it's like you're not like engaging with somebody on your feet to like start doing jiu jitsu on.
Speaker 7: Them, right exactly, I'm about to get murdered.
Speaker 6: Com here.
Speaker 2: Who he thinks went in and just straight up hand a hand combat.
Speaker 4: Jason Bourne. But I love the openness of of everyone's minds. I recently rewatched All.
Speaker 2: The till you can tell we all want to watch them.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was still key brought up because last night I had a lot of fun watching Born Identity and I even started the second one, but it's kind of late and it's it's a long movie.
Speaker 9: But we watch the first Born and then next week we can come back with the same post show the conversation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know they're both be fo.
Speaker 9: That's something we should do for the post show. Pick something to watch.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then have like a good debate.
Speaker 2: You just have a little debate. Yeah, that'd be.
Speaker 7: Fun because I need yeah, I need a refresh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be fun. Just always have something that we're just generally doing.
Speaker 6: Yo.
Speaker 1: I tweeted last night, uh recommending what is it called The Night Agent?
Speaker 2: You know that's a fire show.
Speaker 7: I want to start that one soon.
Speaker 1: Dude, Hey, buckle up, because you're gonna want to binge it. It's like it's non stuff. Yeah, it's ten out of ten cliffhangers. Like you're just like, motherfucker, I have to watch another one now. They crush it, dude, I can't wait to finish it up. But it's it's always good because you see the cycle of like those government style there's something going on, let's find the truth. Those shows come around every few years. What was it in the past that I really loved? Twenty four is a really good one.
Speaker 3: Dude, Keeper Sutherling. That was like what got me into like cable television. Yeah, I used to watch it and we would just binge that show. House of Cards, good one. There's another one too. I haven't seen Homeland by Her Homelands a banger, bro.
Speaker 2: There's this other one.
Speaker 1: It's like the president dies in a bombing and somebody steps in as the president.
Speaker 2: They're like an independent.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, your TV designated Survivor.
Speaker 2: Have you seen that JP? Dude, that's a good that's a good show.
Speaker 1: Those I got those have good like good cliffhangers, but where they're around the White House and they're always trying to figure out like where the truth is and everything else. I like, I'm like obsessed with those shows. But check out the Night's Watch where we at.
Speaker 2: On time, literally.
Speaker 7: One minute right now?
Speaker 2: Dark? Is that on Netflix? I'll check it out in English.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guys, thanks for thanks for hanging out with us. We hope we entertained you. We know we didn't have a guest, so we know we didn't have the boy with us. Again shout out my old man's fit from back in the eighties. Man the fucking Pythons, the golds gym. Might have to do this more h but as always, big hugs, tiny kisses. Thank you guys for tuning in. Make sure you're subscribe, make sure you're leaving comments, don't forget to do except for the boys.
Speaker 2: We got some new our golf collections.
Speaker 1: Out in the merch store stotop barsool sports dot com slash Busting with the boys and that'll take you right to our collection.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Thank you, love you, appreciate you, see you