Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg's Isabelle Lee, watching the earnings parade this morning. We've gotten results from Pfizer ahead of this morning's opening bell. What's the stock reaction?
Speaker 2: Is a bell?
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Nathan. It's kind of muted. The stock is up by just maybe let's call it two tens of one percent, so it's a beat for the first quarter sales. We know that demand for older blockbusters have helped offset a decline in revenue, so I'm realda wondering why it's not a bigger pop. But we just had this news, so maybe investors are still reacting, are still waking up. We're quarterly sales at fourteen and a half billion dollars. This is topping Wall Street average. We know that the blood thinner Elkis and cancer drug padzib drove much of that demand. The company also reaffirmed their twenty twenty six sales guidance which is in line with average expectations. So we know that fires has been working to cut costs well also building a pipeline that can really push its next era of growth. But many of the company's top drugs are really under pressure. It's kind of a really competitive landscape out there in the medical world.
Speaker 3: Well, investors sort of weighed through the results from Pizer. They've had a little bit more time to digest what we got from DuPont this morning. Where's that stock going?
Speaker 1: DuPont stock, the ticker is dd oh. Now have to pull it up, hold on, give me ten seconds. Okay, Well, there it is. Yes, what do you see? I see one and a half percent? Is that what you see? A percent? This is a chemical conglomerate, sure, Nathan says, So shares are arising. The company raised its full year guidance, and the company has benefited a lot from the whole price increase that's taken in the wake of the US around conflict. So it's unfortunate news, but some companies did benefit from that. The stock is up more than fifteen percent this year. So the company forecast at twenty twenty six adjusted EPs of two dollars and thirty five cents to two dollars and forty cents. This is up ten cents from the previous range. They also lifted their full year net sales outlook, and both of the new projections are above estimate. So DuPont is trying to focus on businesses and industries including biopharma, medical packaging, and building technologies. I feel like I always have to know more about these chemical conglomers because they're really huge companies that affect the market.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally. And I had to let you know that. I had to scroll down on my most screen as well to see that it's up one point six percent. So okay, good, we learn together. Let's get into some of the other stocks that have been making a lot of news this morning, including Intel, because Apple's making news on that.
Speaker 1: Intel is hard to ignore. Exactly it's popping three point eight percent. This is due to a Bloomberg exclusive, So we have reporting that Apple has held exploratory discussions about using Intel as well as Samsung to produce the main processors for its devices in the US. That's according to people familiar with the matter. So this would be a move that would offer a secondary option beyond its longtime partner TSMC, so Apple executives have made visits to Samsung plant in Texas that will also make advanced chips. That's according to the people familiar. And to be clear, neither efforts has resulted in any order so far, and this is very preliminary, but you can see investors reacting to this. We do have this Apple is concerned about using technology that's non TSMC, and they may ultimately not move forward, but still investors are reacting. Shares are popping, and Intel is up around one hundred and sixty percent this year through Monday close, so you just really see the stock ripping through the air.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.