Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Jettie and no Hee Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: Cliff just announced a new ride share feature for teens. The company says that the new program will only match teen passengers with drivers who meet the highest standards, including background checks, safe driving records, and positive feedback history. Parents will be able to track their teens location live.
Speaker 1: Interesting, at least in theory, you're not allowed to get a ride for your kid, because I've run into that before. I've been successful a few times where the driver didn't pay any attention and picked up my kid and took them to school or whatever. And I've always thought, damn it, I wish you could do that, because be very handy for me sometimes, but I don't have any way to get my kid picked up or drop them off to send an uber over there. Like I said, I've done it a few times. But now, at least lift is going to have a system where you can. I think it's interesting that CNN, FOX, NBC, CBS, I assume ABC is the same, are all leading with the disappearance of Spanna Guthrie's mom.
Speaker 3: Even though there.
Speaker 1: Is zero today, zero knew anything today, no no lead story on everything. This has got to be about the end, doesn't it. I mean, can you go tomorrow again leading with it with still nothing new?
Speaker 3: They will try.
Speaker 1: The latest is that Savannah Guthrie put out a new video saying it was our hour of desperation. But this video is different than the other ones. It wasn't pre written, she wasn't reading off a script, and it has more of a you know, we're grasping at Straw's last gasp sort of thing to it. Unfortunately, Yeah, I think it has to do with the daytime TV audience, you know what I mean, could be are the sort of people who want this, no matter if their developments or not. It's kind of I don't know, I don't know. I'm just we don't do that. So we're just letting you know. There is no new development. So if you you know you're flipping around the channels to try to find Savannah Guthrie update coverage, there's nothing new today, at least as of this moment. Fair enough, So let's talk about law and order in public safety kind of in a general sense, We've got a handful of different stories applying to this, including this is absolutely fabulous. Sarah is Ger who writes for The Dispatch and she served in the first Trump administration Justice Department. Super smart, decent, moral, one of the few left. Anyway, she's talking about one of the hot, hot political stories of recent days.
Speaker 5: Well, once again we're seeing both parties switch sides. Did it actually bend the Democrat party that had been in favor of nationalizing voter registration for instance, and having the federal government play a bigger role in our elections? And it was Republicans who said, no, it's actually far more secure to have fifty separate elections. And so once again we see both sides switch. Democrats are discovering federalism and why, in fact, when you have a president that you don't like and you don't have control over which president's going to win, you may actually want states to be in control. And it's Republicans now, who seem to have a very short memory and attention span, who say, why don't we nationalize the election for three years and then definitely we'll never lose another presidential election.
Speaker 1: Again, this happens so much more often than the average voter realizes because you're you know, you got your life and you're not paying close enough attention that the parties completely trade playbooks on different issues depending on.
Speaker 3: Whether or not they're in power.
Speaker 1: As I often say, they meet at midnight under the Washington Monument and swap their playbooks and it's just, you know, it's the way the game is played. But it's just not a game I have any interest in. It's just discouraging speaking, which I have a new character to pay attention to, and that would be Sheriff McFadden. What's his first name, Gary McFadden, of Mecklenburg County. That is where Charlotte, North Carolina is. If you've never been to Charlotte, it's gone from a sleepy, kind of medium sized city thirty forty years ago when we lived there. When was that thirty years ago? To a gigantic metroplex. It's one of the most astounding transformations I've ever seen. Anyway, they have a popularly elected sheriff, and this McFadden guy is one of your local big time black community in Charlotte movers and shakers and is popular and even though he's got really no credentials, he got elected sheriff.
Speaker 3: Things have not gone terribly well.
Speaker 1: And they the North Carolina Legislature dragged the sheriff and the mayor of Charlotte and the district attorney who's a progressive, into legislature and answer questions about that murder of that poor Ukrainian woman on the train and other law and order problems.
Speaker 3: And we'll start.
Speaker 1: This is a representative Brendan Jones in fifty Michael, to give you a feel of the flavor pature.
Speaker 2: You called here today for one reason.
Speaker 6: And competence and competence in the law, and competence of running jails, and competence of handling crime, and most notably, and competence and keeping the citizens of Mecklenburg County safe. That is to be frank completely unacceptable. I'm not going to beat around the bush. This hearing is not going to be butterflies and roses. This body is going to get to the bottom of this crisis today.
Speaker 3: Butterflies and roses, you say, sounds like a nice time. Oh it's not going to be. Oh durn it. Okay.
Speaker 1: So here's state repped Allen Chesster talking to Sheriff McFadden.
Speaker 3: I think it kind of explains itself.
Speaker 2: Branch of government do you operate under.
Speaker 7: Mecinborough County?
Speaker 2: What branch of government do you operate under?
Speaker 7: Sheriff? Constitution of the United States?
Speaker 8: Correct, that is what establishes the branches of government. I'm asking which branch you fall under?
Speaker 7: Beckhamburg County, Mduley Sworn Meckinberg County Sheriff. We asked it to the people of Mecinburg County.
Speaker 8: This was not where I was anticipating getting stuck. Are you aware how many branches of government there are?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, for the sake of debate.
Speaker 8: I will move on and say there are three branches of government, legislative, executive, Judicial. Of those three, which do you believe you fall under?
Speaker 7: I believe I fall under the last one.
Speaker 2: Would you say it to him?
Speaker 7: Judicial?
Speaker 2: Okay, you are incorrect, sir, you fall under the executive.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: That's kind of amusing and amazing. Was that designed to be a gotcha do you think?
Speaker 3: Or no? Well?
Speaker 1: No, as he said, I did not expect to get hung up here. He was planning to go into the functioning executive branch in the way it's supposed to work, and that was just like a foundational question. I think I'm not sure he didn't have suspicions that this guy couldn't answer the question, because he could have just have just said, you are in the executive branch. Your job is to execute the laws of this county and then made his point.
Speaker 3: He didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he wanted to expose him. He wanted to expose him as an ignoran atmus It seems pretty clear to me, right well, and I don't you seem to be hinting that that sturdy pool. No, well, I don't like gotcha questions in general. Just to make a point, but the guy should be able to answer the question.
Speaker 3: How many branches are there in a government? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Anyway, So this guy's been accused of misconduct and extortion, also mismanaging resources, including directing on duty deputies to drive people to bars and strip clubs in county owned vehicles.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 1: The chairman asked yes or no if deputies ever drove people to bars and strip clubs on duty. McFadden declined to respond, even hypothetically. He also refused to come in on inmate deaths, citing lawsuits. At one point, he said, yeah, people die in the jail people die in hospitals too. State Republicans have begun referring to the sheriff as not my fault McFadden, because he never takes accountability. There's some more good stuff. I hate to traffic in stereotypes. Sometimes I hate to traffic in them. Sometimes I like to traffic in them. But in this case, I hate to traffic in them. That's remark and we appreciate it. The most racist person I've ever known in my life, and I have not known very many people that were out and out racists. I don't know if they if racists are just really good at hiding it, like they figure out whether you're, you know, one of them or not and keep it to themselves or whatever. But the most racist person I've ever known in my life was a former cop from Mecklenburg County when we lived in Charlotte. And it was shocking to me how racist that guy was. And he was a guy that carried a gun and then enforced the law using a finger quotes because I don't know, I don't know, but it was it.
Speaker 3: Was amazing to me.
Speaker 1: It was like, I mean, it played into the stereotype, like if it was in a you know a TV show you would think, Okay, you've gone a little too far with the white Southern racist cop.
Speaker 3: But this guy was a white Southern racist cop. Absolutely. It's troubling. And does that relate to this story somehow else? Just a tale from the past.
Speaker 1: It's just a tale from the past from that area, just Mecklenburg County.
Speaker 3: I was I was shocked by that.
Speaker 1: I didn't I didn't know that it existed at that level among cops.
Speaker 3: And this was in the nineties.
Speaker 1: Right right swing, as they used to say, it's three o'clock drive twenty miles out of town and it's nineteen sixty.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, certain parts of the South, there's some truth to that. So although this guy's an incompetent boob who shouldn't be sheriff, ever, regardless of the color of his skin, that was some Joba answering questions. Yeah, yeah, terrible. So I'm going to start paying attention to me. He's quite the clown. Rough Greens is a great thing for your dog. It's not a dog food. It's a live nutritional supplement you add to your dog's food. You don't have to change your dog's food to improve your dog's health. Just add a scoop of Rough Greens. It's that easy, yep. You put it on top of your dog's food. You keep your dog's food. This live nutritional supplement that is going to help with a whole bunch of different things a live vitamins, minerals, probiotics, digestive enzymes, and omega oils that will be healthy for your dog. And you can try it and it ain't going to cost you nothing but the shipping. So add rough Greens to your dog's food with the free Jumpstart trial bag.
Speaker 3: You discover the shipping.
Speaker 1: Use discount code armstrong to claim your free Jumpstart Trial bag at Roughgreens dot com. You see it supplements the diets with natural antioxidants and anti inflammatory compounds that help produce oxidative stress support, immune defense, and slow age related decline, helping your beloved pup stay active, mobile and alert as they age. Good stuff Roughgreens dot com. It's ruff Greens dot com. Roughgreens dot Com. Use that promo code armstrong. So don't change your dog's food, Just add rough Greens and watch the health benefits come alive.
Speaker 3: How many races like known racists do you think you've known in your art. Do you know? Do you like you know?
Speaker 1: I only know two that were out loud, would would talk about things. I mean, they were just declaring they were racist. I've only known two in my whole life, and I'm I'm sure there were more, but they were keeping it quieter. But it's not as prevalent as it is portrayed. I'd prefer the term bigot, okay, for reasons that are picky, but I've known a couple of white people. I have known a couple of black people, a couple of Asian people. You opened up a different category I hadn't thought about, and a handful of people who are flaming anti Semites, which is as bigotry, as ugly as exists on earth. It's funny you opened up a category that, for some reason I hadn't thought about it. I was only picturing white people I've known. I've known plenty of people of other races who are racist, but like, in my mind, it doesn't count because that's kind of what we're told in our culture, that you can be racist if you're Black against Mexicans, or if you're Mexican against Guatemalans or whatever, which wouldn't be racial, but it's just you know, talk to a Japanese person about Chinese people or vice versa, or talk to a Filipino about any of them. Yeah, it's funny that, even in my own mind, knowing how there shouldn't be a distinction, I didn't count that crowd, which I've known many more than two.
Speaker 3: Who would think you need a slapping out loud.
Speaker 1: Say oh no, you can't trust blank or a blank or family moved in, you know, lock your stuff up or whatever. Right, that's something that is really interesting. Any thoughts on that text line? Four one five two nine f KFTC.
Speaker 9: I gotta tell you what a weekend Super Bowl Sindy, And what a game?
Speaker 7: What a game it was.
Speaker 9: Man, if you like high scoring contest with the outcomes of doubt till the final, suspenseful climactic seconds, this was not.
Speaker 7: The game for.
Speaker 2: Slow grinding.
Speaker 9: It merely took all the fun out of watching the Patriots loose.
Speaker 1: So John Stewart got into the whole bad Bunny thing at one point on the Daily Show last night, and he said, so, you know, everybody does nut picking on this stuff.
Speaker 3: I suppose we do it. Everybody does it.
Speaker 1: You pick somebody that represents a point of view that you can easily attack and then you play that or whatever. But so he played a clip of someone saying on Fox or something that the halftime show should bring people together, and John Stewart's attack on that was, since when does the halftime act have the requirement of bringing people together? That's not their job. They don't have to bring people together. There's no law that the halftime show has to bring people together, which is true enough, But since when do I have to enjoy entertainment in a foreign language? That's what I don't get why I in the constant argument of the NFL is trying to reach out to the Hispanica.
Speaker 3: I get it, I know, I'm I understand.
Speaker 1: Completely that they're trying to bring in a giant, different audience from other countries.
Speaker 3: But that doesn't mean I have to enjoy it. How can those things be so complicated to people?
Speaker 1: That doesn't mean I have to sit there and pretend that I like getting a history lesson in Puerto Rican in a language.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why I had no idea what was going on.
Speaker 1: It's just a beautiful example of people talking past each other. John Stewart acted as if the issue was something completely different than it was and lectured you that you shouldn't be worried about something you you weren't worried about.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not offended.
Speaker 1: I just it was. You know, it's forty five minutes in between the quarters where there was nothing for me, and they made no effort whatsoever to give me anything. To me, the big difference was the setup to the musical play, whatever history lesson was. The print they put on the screen had no subtitles, So you didn't even make the slightest effort to get me interested in what was going on there, just told me the setting is Puerto Rico, seventies, sugarcane field.
Speaker 3: Even that I might have thought, okay.
Speaker 1: Then tried to figure out what was going on through the acting and the music or whatever.
Speaker 3: But you didn't give me anything.
Speaker 1: The idea that the question was never even asked, what do we do for the English speakers stretches the credulity, and my credulity doesn't have a lot of stretching it. It hurts I just so they had to have considered that question and said, no, let's not do anything.
Speaker 3: I've been saying the same thing forever.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever heard anybody else say there's nothing unnatural about wanting the language in the town you live in to stay the language you speak.
Speaker 3: That doesn't make you a bad person.
Speaker 1: That's the most common that's going to be common throughout human history, that wherever you are on planet Earth, that people would like the culture that in their town to stay the same, not be radically changed. You can make all the arguments about multiculture, those bringing in immigrants in the workforce, and bob all these things, but you still can't get past it's just human nature too. I like it better when my entertainment isn't an language.
Speaker 3: I get Yeah, the I.
Speaker 1: Think it's another great example of if you're on the right side of the aisle, you spend your entire life hearing the messages of the left and their points of view and theories and policies and stuff like that, and you develop arguments for why you think they're unwise or they ought to be changed or whatever. The John Stewarts of the world never even hear what you just said. They are never exposed to conservative thought. So again, he's answering a question that hasn't been asked.
Speaker 3: Why didn't it bring us together?
Speaker 1: I haven't heard a single person right of center or center say that about the super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 3: It was what you just said.
Speaker 1: So about one hundred and thirty million people on average watch the Super Bowl. That is an insanely large crowd by today's standards, where a hit TV show gets two million. I mean, that's just amazing, Son wonder advertisers want to be on there. And Bad Bunny at halftime is about one hundred and forty million people watching Bad Bunny at halftime.
Speaker 3: One hundred and forty million. Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 10: Do you remember the Algerian box through went gold at the twenty twenty four Olympics. While beating up women, everybody could see that she was clearly a he, and a surprise to no one, the boxer finally admitted he has male chromosomes. In fact, his natural testosterone is so high he uses hormone treatments to lower it for competition.
Speaker 3: It was from the summer Olympics.
Speaker 1: If you remember that he beat the hell out of a couple of women, and like a couple of women, at least one quit like got punched once was like, no, I ain't fighting this guy gonna kill me right as your summer Olympics. He got another transathlete thing in a second. But speaking Olympics, I was just watching some highlights. So for some reason, on the TV for about forty eight hours, people decided showing Lindsey Vaughan crashing was not cool. They cut away from it on NBC when it happened, and then I didn't see any replays of it, just still pictures. But then somebody decided it's okay. Now I've seen it a thousand times in the last twenty four hours, and now it's just run on a loop for crashing. It's funny how that works. It's like somebody had I don't know who went first, and everybody thinking they're showing it, so we got to show it. So now now we're showing our crash. Yeah, sensationalism won out over scruples.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess you don't want to watch it. I actually haven't seen it and don't expect to. No, it's not a big deal. It's just interesting that they held back on it for a couple of days and then all of a sudden, Okay, we're all gonna show it like over and over again. Oh and they just showed the highlights from curling, which is it's just so, I'm fine with curling. I don't I don't care what's in the Olympics or what's not. But this is just an odd one. I mean, if you're gonna have curling, could you have bottle flipping? Or who can do a Rubik's cube the fastest or all kinds of things. It's arguably somewhat athletic. It's physical. It's the PBR, the paps, flu Rivenu sports people. I think mostly like it ironically. Yeah, I'm sure it's fun. I've had a couple of Molson's. I'm hanging out with my buddies in northern Wisconsin or whatever.
Speaker 3: Let's get it on. Sure, why not?
Speaker 1: Speaking of the trans athlete thing, though, you got a transgender California high schooler who snatched up first place for the girls this past Saturday, just the other day at the Winter Championships for high school in California. It was in Riverside County. Ad to go, sir, wait to beat up on those girls.
Speaker 3: Nice job.
Speaker 1: It is a child, sixteen year old ab hernandez A senior in high school.
Speaker 3: The same dude.
Speaker 1: Who's been whipping up on girls in all sorts of well, really recorded a jump of thirty nine feet ten inches, beating out the second place person, who was a girl. Hernandez also took home second place in a different competition, so a girl actually beat him Hernandez. Uh the other thing. But here, this is the quote I want to get to. I get a lot of hate comments, but I don't really care. I'm a sixteen year old girl with a strong attitude, a strong attitude, and a penis. Let's see, you've got a strong attitude and testicles is the thing? Do you really retulations on your attitude? It's a child, But do you really think I'm gonna listen? Don't don't don't don't. Don't take the attitude. That's not helping your cause. Just let me tell you, as a pr move it is not taking it's not helping you to take that attitude. Go with uh. I just love competition, and it was really fun. And you know, whoever you be done, Jenny really you know came close.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: She was tough competition. Go with that at this.
Speaker 1: Sort of view, if you want fewer people to hate you rather than people could hate me all they want.
Speaker 3: I don't care. That ain't gonna work. Yeah, because we all think it's really weird. I don't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't use that word. But yeah, competing sports part right, Yeah, it's funny. I kind of view it the other way. But the mouthys sixteen year old. Of course, he's a mouthy sixteen year old. They all are, and it's fine, so is I. So he's not good at PR. But no, you can't play against girls. No, that's utterly out of the question. You would have to be a crazy person to think that's okay. You know, I think I changed my mind, Michael. So, Michael played me a clip from Guttfeld last night. Who is this talking? Is this Patrese Tyros Tyros? I'm sorry, Patrese Tyros talking about the boxer who admitted to being a guy.
Speaker 3: This is kind of funny.
Speaker 11: I believe the girl, the young lady was from Italy when she got hit with one jab and she quit, yeah because she knew. He comes out and says, well, yeah, I know I have I'm a man and I have this.
Speaker 3: So therefore it was premeditated.
Speaker 11: So why is this person one not charged with assault two, banned from any competition and for life worse than Pete Rose. Pet Rose didn't dress by a woman going to softball league and steal all their records and take the place of a young woman who might want to compete. Took gold medal dreams away from at least three people, because don't forget about the one who finished fourth. They're no longer bronze, They're no longer maybe their dreams are over, maybe their sponsorships are gone. He knew what he was doing, so take his medals, ban him from any competition.
Speaker 3: First of all, that is true.
Speaker 1: The person in places fourth and all these things might be the one that gets screwed the most. Although the first place is a big deal because you know, scholarships and college teams and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But I see everybody who.
Speaker 1: Got punched in the face by a man over and over suffered a bit too. Yeah right, I was actually thinking of the high school truck girls track again. But you know, the person that doesn't get to be the gold medal winner and stand on the podium after all that work, because you actually were legitimately technically in every way the best girl, but you didn't get the gold medal. But the Pete Rose thing is kind of funny. Pete Rose would have accidentally dominated women's softball, There's no doubt about it. Yeah yeah, can you picture somebody's trying to block the plate with the Charlene Hustle Hellan coming down the third baseline head first, kidding, Yeah, yeah, wow, wow, beautiful.
Speaker 3: Oh you know that reminds me.
Speaker 1: Quoting the great Nelly Bowls of the Free Press, she said it can be set a million times and still not be said enough. Abigail Schreier, the dogged reporter who wrote the book Irreversible Damage, was right about the risks and youth gender transition when it was incredibly socially inconvenient to say so. On Tuesday, we reported this, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons announced a new guidance recommending the gender transition surgeries be reserved for those nineteen years old and older. There's a lot more to it than that. They said, Look, kids can't consent to this. Much of the coverage on this represents or presents the guidance as the result of some sort of right wing backlash, as if giving double mastectomies to kids was a long practiced medically necessary procedure that id logs are trying to take away. It isn't, write Snelle. And in fact, more people are coming out to say that they feel they'd been medically ill advised. Oh and she mentions that on Wednesday, the American Medical Association took a similar position. Here's the headline in the New York Times that I did not see and have not heard repeated anywhere. Doctor's group endorses restrictions on general related surgery for minors. The AMA's announcement followed a similar recommendation from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. The AMA said these procedures should be deferred until patients reach adulthood.
Speaker 3: No way can you do them on kids.
Speaker 1: The insanity, the ice flow of insanity is finally starting to break.
Speaker 3: You're right, I hadn't heard that either. That should be a news story.
Speaker 1: And then, of course we heard about that sixteen year old who sued and won for malpractice because counselors had browbeaten her and push her into having her healthy breasts removed. And moments later she realized, oh my god, what have they done to me? Absolutely sick? And then and in a lighter but related not I love this from Nelly. They were talking about stolen Land in a Senate Antitrust hearing. Okay and Ted Cruz, I'm skipping around here. Oh I'm sorry Ted. A different guy, Ted Sarandos said one simple question, are we right now on stolen land? I'm sorry, Sarandos is the guy who's being questioned. He said he has no idea of the history of this land that we're sitting on today, no idea of the history of this land. Really, come on, it's Washington, d C. You never saw Hamilton, Ted, come on, you know this. We all did those ap US history note cards before the hearing. This whole well, I'm not an acredit at expert, so I couldn't possibly weigh in here. Stick reminds me of when Senator Marshall Blackburn asked Katanji Brown Jackson during the Supreme Court confirmation hearing to define woman, and the judge said, not in this context.
Speaker 3: I'm not a biologist. Not a biologist.
Speaker 1: Next time someone asked me to sign a document, I'm gonna have to let them know that I'm not a notary, that I can't make a follow up appointment because I'm not a. Technically, I'm not technically certified in appointment scheduling, make dinner. Sorry, I don't have a diploma from the court on blue walk the dog? Do I look like a veterinarian to you? Experts are the only ones who can do anything or answer any questions about a subject.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That is pretty good. Bastards, So you know they're beyond bastards. They're sick. Joseph Mengel alike experimentals on children. End of screed coming up the Washington Post went to hell and deserves to be in the straits. It's in learned commentators weighing in with the perspective you're never gonna hear on the mainstream media. Also, people are getting old Timey's sailors diseases because of GLPS, weight loss drugs.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, scabies, U scurvy? Oh no, oh, and I need to talk about me. I want to talk about measles. It's making the rounds in the United It's another medical throwback Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from somebody who has no idea what they're talking about. Saman If you don't want that information, I don't know what you're looking for.
Speaker 3: Every day, it's tempting. I'm more on the way stay here.
Speaker 11: Chicken ba chicken banana, chicken ba banana, chickenana, chicken.
Speaker 3: Chicken.
Speaker 1: So this is the skibbity toilet of twenty twenty six, in case you were wondering, uh, for young people, chicken banana. So that's the hot thing right now, and it doesn't need to be any more than that. There's no more too. It's like six seven. There's nothing more to it than that. That's the whole thing, right It's a reference I'm familiar with.
Speaker 7: Just that's it.
Speaker 1: Just just yeah, it's just chicken banana, over and over again. And oh you've heard chicken banana too, And then you laugh together and you feel closer, which is a nice, a nice feeling, And we don't have many of those anymore. So I guess now we're really really desperate to have things that we can feel that we have in common. So the six seven of right now is chicken banana. Can I hear a little bit reminded? Oh sure, I was enjoying it. Sorry, it's over when it ended.
Speaker 3: It is catchy chicken. It's not very I'm remind.
Speaker 1: I agree with you about the shared experience thing but I'm reminded of a starving prisoner crawling around in his cell trying to catch a cockroach to eat it. It's only a starving person who would eat this. Yes, their shared experience. You had a reaction to that, Katie, Do you know something about chicken banana or yeah?
Speaker 3: That it annoys the hell out of me.
Speaker 1: You are you the one that brought us that clip? Are you the one that first came across it? Now that I heard one of my kids say chicken banana the other day, but no, that was a gift from Michael. I have a feeling.
Speaker 3: How did you become aware of chicken banana? How did I become aware? Just super hip? Your cats are into it. No, No, it was just.
Speaker 4: On the on the website and they said this is the big thing for young people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I guess it is. There you go just trying to keep up. You know, I can't keep it. It helps to know.
Speaker 1: I like knowing, so that if I hear six seven and okay, okay, I know it is and I'm not just completely confused. So now chicken banana, right, we all know, we all know. So I was a little surprised to see Serena Williams pop up in a Super Bowl ad for a GOP weight loss thing. I didn't drill down on that, but was she did she gain some weight when she stopped playing and after she had a kid or whatever, and she went on jail beam.
Speaker 3: Kind of surprised by that for.
Speaker 1: A checking my notes on Serena Williams weight, I don't have much. Pretty surprised though, like a just recently retired world class athlete needed a GOP kind of surprising to me. I didn't pay attention to the whole ad, but came across this. Golps are all the rage right now. You know that's your euro zepic, your goo V, your monjaro, whatever you're taking to try to lose weight, and it sounds pretty appealing. Some people have some side effects, but people are getting an old timey sailor's disease because of this, many many patients have been functionally malnourished, developing vitamin deficiencies like scurvy.
Speaker 3: What is this as the olden days?
Speaker 1: You're not eating here as much. If you eat pretty much any diet, which is amazing. You can even eat a crappy diet you'll still take in enough of the nutrients you need to get by. Isn't that amazing? I mean, just you can live on like McDonald's and Dorito's and cinnamon rolls and stuff like that and get you still get all of those nutrients, enough of those nutrients to live your life. It's one of the reasons that vitamins to a certain extent are a scam. But it doesn't hurt, unhurt, Probably just gonna peet out. But people aren't eating very much at all on a lot of these gops, so they aren't taking any very much food, period, and so they aren't getting enough of certain vitamins and they're getting scurvy. Wow, not eating Remember scurvy and rickets or what we learned about as kids from your old timey Sailor's disease, Our original air names malnutrition malnutrition that diseases scurvy and rickets in the morning. We thought it'd be funny, and nobody liked it. No, it was in retrospect, it was a bad idea. According to this doctor, a reduction in body weight does not automatically mean the person is well nourished or healthy. Nutrition plays a critical role in health. Thank yeah, we know signed the starving. We noticed that, Wow, but nobody saw a big return of scurvy, which you used to get as a sailor because you're out on the sea and you're eating I don't know what you're eating, rats, fish, ratfish rats.
Speaker 3: How many rats are aboard the ship? Probably plenty.
Speaker 1: What did they eat at sea that they weren't getting enough nutrients to avoid scurvy?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's just not fruit.
Speaker 1: They weren't getting any vitamin sea, so they would be eating like hard tack and maybe some dried meat.
Speaker 3: I don't know, occasional fish. It's like that would be pretty healthy.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: So there you go.
Speaker 3: That's my whole message. If you're on a gop, mix in an orange.
Speaker 1: Now, and then all right, if you're on a whaling ship in eighteen fifty mixing an orange, same thing. Are you following the Jimmy Lai story. We have talked about him over the years, Yeah, it's tragic. Is one of the most courageous men I have been witnessed to in our lifetime. He should be a household name, and the reasons he's not are all disgusting. It's a combination of like your Hollywood class, or well, just a lot of business people too, who are so scared of on getting on the wrong side of China that they don't elevate him to the level. I mean, he should be like a Nelson Mandela sort of household name all around the world. But he's not because China's got so much might as an economic power that people don't want to get on the right side China, and holding him up as a hero does not help you in doing business with China. I also think on the left, because there's such Zeno files, to concede that America's greatest rival is actually evil is to concede that America is good or at least better than the communist Chinese. And they are unwilling to do that, even to the point of ignoring Jimmy Li. But Jimmy Lai is a he's very old at this point, and he well, he had a newspaper all about free speech in that and pointing out China's awfulness in Hong Kong. And then he got when China took back over Hong Kong, he was arrested, charged with all kinds of ridiculous crap. And then finally this weekend they gave him a lot. He's been in solitary confinement as a very old man for five years. I didn't realize that solitary for five years. And now they've given him my life sentence and he's going to die in prison. And he was asking his final interview not long ago, if he has any fear, and he said, yes, I do have fear, a lot of fear, which is you should. And I wish there was somehow a way to elevate him so that like college students were chanting his name at various events, wow, or the Hollywood crowd would feel like doing a documentary, a biopic about him, you know, just just make him that worldwide figure of freedom. But because people are scared of China, it's not going to happen, not while he's alive anyway. Well, or in the case of the college kids, they're just ignoramuses with minds perverted by their professors. But yeah, you ought to be a global hero. It's very disappointing that he's not. He had everything and nothing to lose if he just coutouted to the Chinese government, and he had everything to lose if he stood.
Speaker 3: Up against them, and he stood up against them.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: I left out the part of the story where he's an unbelievably successful businessman. He's ungodly wealthy when he decides to take on this freedom fright against China.
Speaker 3: Yeah he had.
Speaker 1: He could have very easily, you know, kept his mouth shot or funded some other people fighting this fight, and lived an amazing life as a.
Speaker 3: Super rich person. But he did not.
Speaker 1: He laid it all on the line. He should get more credit for that. Horrible So, sometimes the good die young. Sometimes they die because they deserve it. The Washington Post, for instance, has earned everything that's happening to it. We'll talk about that next hour.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty