Speaker 1: You see they talking about Luca comparing him to Larry Bird. Yeah, you nobody's doing that right, Let's here it because Larry Bird should talk that shit to niggas, white boys, Asians didn't didn't give a fuck who he was. You understand, Larry Bird played during the era where shit, you was talking shit, a fight might come with that ship. You understand, shit, I knew, I knew Larry Bird was a beast when he was talking shit to Xavier McDaniel. If you know who X Man is, If everybody know who X Man is, go go back and watch X and and Oh fighting in the garden and ain't nobody trying to break it up? You remember that? You remember that oh in X in the corner getting ready to get down, and ain't nobody trying to stop nothing. That's what I'm saying. So Luke out here talking there, she is Knick talking to like, you know what I'm saying, Ain't no more hard fires, Ain't no more physicality in the league, Ain't no You know.
Speaker 2: Who is the player that like would talk shit to you? And you're like, yo, this guy like was there was there someone that was you? And you're like this guy.
Speaker 1: J Blanch Yeah, j Live, I didn't know that. Uh. I didn't know that Dre Blanche was gassed to play against me. I didn't know none of this until I actually sat and chilled with him one time. Okay, but we used to always play the Wizards and then he went to where Brooklyn. Yeah, yeah, I used to Yeah, he used to stay talking, stay talking ship right, I used to love. I used to love play against guys like that because he was motivated. He was it was never short of his best. And you know, jay Lo had like a little bag. So yeah, every time we played, I used to always be like, man, who is this?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: You know who I am? I don't give a funk. I'd be like, man, who is the she? Like man, I don't know who that is? Man, I wouldn't even know who I am. D Live, Why shout to dre Live man, that's my daughter used to push your man coolest fun. That's a rare reality show right there. Yeah, we need to go find Dre Love and the reality show. Let's get it. Yeah, den y'all know who it is. It's take it in truth, baby, Let's get it. So shout to Tayloo man in the five year seventy seventy million. Shout to t Lou that's what's up us, our dog coach is getting that bag. Now, what's up. That's what's up. That was the max he's been. That was the max contract. Yeah for the players when I first got in the league and I see the Clippers taking them off the market seeing you know, I know the Lakers have a vacancy. So yeah, shout to T Lou Man, I'm glad he's uh is that the highest man? I think he's in? Yeah? Yeah, five years? Uh so what's that like, twelve years? That's good? Twelve point fourteen years. Yeah, he's been. He's been part of the wave. And yeah, it's about what's next for the Clippers and getting over this hump man. You know, I think Paul George is up. You think they're gonna get Paul George and max money or should give him max money? How old is he? Paul George is thirty? I think three four thirty three? What? Uh well, the max five years take them to thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just for context, they gave Kawhi a three year extension. Three for around one fifty three.
Speaker 1: Is our oldest Kawhi. He the youngest out of all of them.
Speaker 3: Right, Paul George is thirty four years old.
Speaker 1: Thirty four years old, so that means Kawhi for thirty two, probably thirty two. So they gonna probably keep these two. Are they gonna keep these two together? Would you keep these two together?
Speaker 3: Take it right on thirty two?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think I would just sign Paul George in a line up his contract with kawhis So if he got three years, yeah, I'll give PG three years and see where we at. I don't know if I'll give him five, you know, I'll line they contracts up.
Speaker 1: What number given? Three year one fifty? You can give them three year one? Yeah, you can give them what you gave Kawhi. Yeah. I mean I think his.
Speaker 4: Protecting his productions and say that that's the market in the league.
Speaker 1: What you're gonna get better right now? You know what I'm saying. What you're gonna get better to compete for that number?
Speaker 3: He was an All Star this year.
Speaker 1: He was an All Star game. I'm just listening. I'm here, and I like Paul George. I'm a Paul George fan. I actually think they they need to invest in the big y'all.
Speaker 4: I love Zoo, but they they problem ticket is we don't know who the Clippers are every year because they are always hurt. They started when they started rolling. This year, when they was all together, they was rolling, remember, and you're hurt.
Speaker 1: I light all them up. I let them go three more years.
Speaker 4: I'm moving into the end to a dome, so I want fans, you know, and you're gonna be a contender. They was top four in the West, so imagine if they healthy going into the end too a dome. I'm signing all them cats keep it one yet, but it's got to be a certain number so I can keep them. But I'm signing all of them and I'm playing. I'm signing them all to like the same length deal.
Speaker 3: What about Harden and Westbrook?
Speaker 1: Like I said, what do you do with hard in the Westbrook? I'm signing all of them. Harden, west I think you've running this for like like you said, you're gonna see something in some of that, and you know.
Speaker 4: You resigned Lou, you resign Kawhi, So like we're not rebuilding.
Speaker 1: Let's let's run it. Yeah, you run it and then you run this out. You in into like thirty seven, thirty eight. Yeah, yeah, unless it looks crazy, crazy, or you got to make a decision, decision, or something comes up where you can make a move. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, you gotta run. You gotta get younger. At some point, you gotta get some.
Speaker 4: Young unless you can flip you keep Kawhi. Your base is Kawhi and Paul George. Right now, you don't have I'm hearing rumors about Chris Paul, but I'm like, I'm not really I don't think he fit with if they signed Westbrook and and and heart A needs some organization, man, they need some youth and organization.
Speaker 1: They don't have any structure. Who's the point guard over there? James hard is the point guard. He had a solid year, He was solid, But they need some They need a backup guard who you can be like that can take them into the next chapter. And I'm not sure if that's a draft pick or somebody that's young and nobody untapped talent. There ain't no draft, ain't no draft pick coming into the league doing what no that you just developed for like the next three years. And saying three years you said developed, I thought you you I thought you was talking about come in pluging right. No, no, no, no, no, This draft class is gonna take like two three years of development. You agree with that. Everybody in this class is gonna have to develop like two three years. I don't see not you know, I don't see no impact right if not yet? Yeah, and I think the bigs that are in this league are gonna Yeah, it's gonna be a bit of a shell shot. I look at Wimby. Wimmy had a bunch of elements. He can go to the you know, and hand and stuff. Some of these bigs ain't that versatil you know, it's it's just straight up traditional given to him on the block. They gotta they gotta face up. Probably they got a right hook, a left hook, you know, Like, no, the lead is so much mobile than that. You gotta be able to guard. Look at Rudy, Ruddy man, Rudy, you know you get calling all these mismaans. You gotta be able to guard. That's you know, your big.
Speaker 4: Gotta be out of guard, bro, straight up, and the only reason he down there, Yo, big gotta damn there guard for a fall five position being dead us.
Speaker 1: That's the rule, now, bro, If you can't guard, you can't be on the flow. And the only reason they got Rudy out there is because you feel like I gotta put him out here, and he got all these other titles in what you're paying them. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, real ship right. If this is anybody else, man, we be talking crazy about the mother while we got it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Uh, just going back to the Clippers with the draft picks. They gave away all their picks and that, George, you gotta run.
Speaker 1: You gotta run it. If you gave all your draft picks away, you gotta run it. But it ain't nothing in the draft that's gonna be better than what you got right now. That's what I'm saying that. And then I don't see nothing, well, respectfully, I didn't see nothing that was like, oh my god, you put him with him and he going to be like you know what I'm saying. So that's why I'm looking forward to the draft too, because it's gonna be a bunch of gyms that come out of that. Yeah, like down the line, hope. But that ain't nothing right now. So I'm with Pete man, you know, we signed this. Run it back, run it for like three four years. But you got to get some young You gotta get you a young wolve in here. You feel me, like in these next three four years and with this them having this base and by the way, this is not approven. They're not proven either. The Clippers are still putting in pieces and to the puzzle, and shit, you think that as long as they've been together, Bro, this puzzle should have been together a little more. You know what I'm saying? Real shit, bro, real shit, real shit. We're just like that fourth year, fifth year together that well, James Harden just got there. I got that. But I'm talking about Kawhi and god damn and yeah, yeah, they've been together five years and the body of work ain't solid like like like we anticipated or like I expected. You know, this next these next three years they got on him. Man, they gotta squeeze the title out of this man. That's that's a far reach. I mean, they're older and the leaves getting younger and better. But then you look at the West. We got Dallas Minnesota not taking nothing away from him, Like Clippers can match up. They can't beat now one of them teams. Well, Kawhi wasn't healthy. This year. Man, I'm saying, Man, you know, Kawhi gonna make a difference. Though. Kawhi was over there. You even said it the year though.
Speaker 4: Man, during the year you was like, Manhi over there, Kuhi over there smiling for the first time. Remember you said that earlier. Because they was rolling, he was playing at a high level and everything was going.
Speaker 1: So that's a factor. That's a factor though. And this ship lasted like thirty seconds, I think right after I said that, it went to piece and went the ship lord like straight up, you know what I'm saying, Like with the peace, how long do you stay with it? Pe, That's what I'm asking for three years? The three years after you just gave damn this eight years you had to be with her made years to see, Hey, this is thing.
Speaker 4: Look look my first relationship, right, I was with a girl.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Nobody wants to hear that I was with her for nine This ship, man, it was really old after six. It just took us three years to realize it, you know what I'm saying. But when you look at it, I was with her nine years though, and I got engaged to her and we got the year nine. This is when I was right out of the fresh out of college, and it was just like your whole twenties.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: It was like the twenty seven pretty much. And I was like, damn, we should have broke up three years ago. You know, you be with somebody a little bit too long. You're just like, damn, we could have you know, that's that's just maybe.
Speaker 1: This what we got with old girl. You was like eighteen. I got it when I was like nineteen, and then she went through the nine years year thirty twenty seven. Probably should have broke up years ago. And this is business. Yeah, that's a business. Is not good business to see that you listen any anything else after five years of not being proven, Man, that's insanity. Real ship, If you put something together and you've been fucking with it for five years, you already know what it is, man. That's that's nah. That's not good management, though, bro that it ain't And that's not success, by the way, it's not. And then you finish, say you finish, put three more.
Speaker 4: That's all you right about everything, But you do it anyway until you figure it out.
Speaker 1: It's not even right to to your fans, man, Your fans are sitting back thinking that you know what you're doing and we're trusting what you're putting out here in the product. We're still we got a sugarcarn. We're still in line. You're still giving us this ship. We're still rolling up, breaking this down. You know what I'm saying. I'm still in line with it, though, I gotta go. You gotta give me something else, get you to say accident, we gotta give you something else. So I've been there, I be coming in here all do it's still working? Nah? No, me be honest, man, I think people want this big ass fucking drama of something because all the other series have been like this, and oh when bron made it in Code, when he did this in Michael Jordan and listen, man, their path is their path. It's first all. Let me say something. It's not on the fucking Celtics stick. Guys are getting hurt, falling out the fucking not playing, falling out the lineup, et cetera, et cetera. You're getting first off, there's still other professionals that are coming in playing hardest shit and they're still trying to win. And then too, the close out of game on the road. Man, I don't know what people want. People want all this heartfelt drama and going down in seven games. Nah, they ain't the script here. They script the damn there seventeen sixteen games better than anybody in the East. They steamrolled through your team. If your best player, then your team will really steamroll you. And it is what it is like that, And then too, you're down on the road. Ain't teen pe They think that you could just hit a button and all sudden you're tied. No, man, you have to go win on the road. And it's hard as ship to win in the role, and it's even more hard to close out a team. But they know the Celtics for all this other ship that they can't control, and that's out of their control. What the fuck out here with that? This is where we at with it. Well, you understand that health is a factor every year. I got it.
Speaker 4: Ain't on them to me. They did what they're supposed to do. Now, did they get tested in this road?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I thought they got tested in some of them close games versus Indiana. Yeah, I get it that it was against guys like niem Hard and Nie Smith.
Speaker 1: He's a professional NBA players. You're talking about this start on the NBA. But they did what they niggas acting like these G league niggas on these some mother motherfuckers from over Komba, y'all some shit or from a different lead. Bro. These are NBA players.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yeah, absolutely, So listen shut out to c They deal what they had to do.
Speaker 1: They had their business right, did what they had to do.
Speaker 4: And here they are playing for another opportunity to hang up another banner.
Speaker 1: So that's all I gotta say to this. You will put nigga and then at the end you find out his left hand was hurt. That's not on you, man. He shouldn't have took the fight. That's what I'm saying. Bro. They are handling business as a number one seed. You know, the sea's locked in. They don't give it, man, They locked into what it is. And you know, I don't know what the tough battle testing way. What do you mean like, yeah, man, it is what it is. Man. Listen, if I'm the Seeds, I'm cool. They ain't taking no real you know, no real blows. Everybody's really healthy and as healthy as they can be. They got some rip they getting ramly they need they need porzingis I think for sure when I am looking at the scenario getting to the finals, Man, this is the way you want it if you're the Celtics. They didn't lose any other players, nobody took any major hits or none of that shit. Yeah, y'all going into the fucking finals rested. Man, this is the This is the as perfect as a scenario as you can going to the finals. Man. Usually when you're going the finals, man, seven, eight of y'all are damn near twenty thirty. You got four different things going on. We see each other every day, were still working, but then you got a bunch of you know, the other guys getting better, and man, bro, it is it is. It is a poll. It is a heavy pull through the desert.
Speaker 4: You feel stand like it's something something is hurting or injured or something something. And the two finals we went to, I I was the one sprain knee and then the second one I was playing on turf toe.
Speaker 1: Like this is the best something every year. This is the best scenario for the Celtics. Not only are they getting rest, but they're getting their best players rest. They getting to go through film and guess what they got, Sam Cassell over there, they got they got they got some pieces over there. That's that's not one and he over there sharing lit. So man, listen, shout to the Seas for handling their business. And yeah, I look forward to a great final whoever they end up with Organs.
Speaker 2: And just to kind of go into porzingis a little bit more. How is it, you know, missing a big chunk of the playoffs and then you come back and it's the NBA Finals and his first NBA finals? Is there some hesitancy on his side? Is he thinking about his calf? Like, what do you think the mindset is of a player that's coming back from an injury and then being inserted into the finals.
Speaker 4: I think for him, you know, the beauty about him is he doesn't have to be the best player, you know, just his presence alone on the defensive end, with his height and athletics is in the block shots and his shooting ability.
Speaker 1: You know, that's.
Speaker 4: A presence and amazing that makes this offense unlock even more. You know, So if he coming there, he's not even like same rhythm, just his presence alone.
Speaker 1: So like them them.
Speaker 4: Driving lanes that weren't there in the other set, they gonna be there because you got this dude spotting up now, you know, when they beat you baseline, you got to seven foot or just his presidence alone to have somebody kick it out, you know. So I just think I know he's not gonna be fully one hundred percent. His presence has everything to unlock that offense and defense.
Speaker 1: Now porzingis I'm saying he has the luxury of having like a been on a great team. And when you're on a great team, bro, you know, to piggyback what Paul said, he doesn't have the responsibilities of being that guy and having a checklist. Now he has a checklist, and him on the court makes the Celtics another level on both ends. And yeah, I think that he's gonna you know, I think he should have some hesitation just because but it's just not don't think that he's just not playing or not getting in rhythm when he's outside of when you see him. I'm sure they running him through drills and simulating things to be in Testa's calf, and I'm sure they know his durability, like putting them in positions to where things he know he can do. I'm sure he's not gonna be in a lot of pick and rolls. They're going probably do a great job of trying to hide them. I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtius went zone, if if individuals ones was problem. But yeah, man, but then also the beauty about this time off, you could test it.
Speaker 4: Now you get what I'm saying. So if he come in the game, won you already know they ain't probably been through a few scrimmages.
Speaker 1: Now that's what I'm trying to tell you. He's been out. He's been out too serious, you understand. So I'm pretty sure he's getting shot up and still in the rhythm. It'll just be about his their ability and how long can you have him out there. But it's a plus because look at the Celtis. They've been doing all this without him. Now you get you get a piece like that, bag man. Listen, if the Celsius can keep this team and add on to the bench a little bit, bro, I'm telling you this is the Celtics window right here. I mean for like a three four year run too. I'm on some real ship. Because you gotta think that their best players, them, you know, them two little demons over there, they gonna get better. They're gonna get meaner, they gonna get older, they gonna have a sense of responsibility. Check their growth, bro, I'm expecting them and they growth. They're gonna do some other ship watch.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the growth, Jalen Brown wins the Eastern Conference Finals NBP.
Speaker 3: He missed the All NBA NOD.
Speaker 2: I think people are critical of that or missing that just kind of what have you seen from Jalen Brown over this playoff series that you've seen his growth and development as a player.
Speaker 1: Actually, I like I like when players play mad. I like when players play with an edge. I think to be motivating in this league says a lot, you know, in the world of everything and a lot of things to be you know, influenced by the fact that you know, he still cares and you know wants to you know, you know what he really wants some respect on his name. Yeah, some respect on the boy's name. Man. So that's that's what he's in the conversation and funk all that what he get paid. I'm talking about the doing. What he doing on the court, it's a fucking force and I love that. I hope they leave him out of some more awards so he go crazy again straight up, But yeah. Man shout to him. Man shout to Jay Brown for doing this thing and keep going. Job not finished, Job finished. No, he really playing. I think JB really playing with a chip on his shoulder. You know, did you hear it? Like when you listen to him, he's supposed to I like it.
Speaker 4: He got he got the MVP when they yelled at when Max, when Cornbrad called him out for like to get the MVP. He was like, oh, like, oh me, you know, I really don't be expecting all of that, you know what I'm saying. Huh, you know, he really don't be expecting all of that. So I was just like, damn. Then when he went to the press conference, you know, he was like, damn, you know, I really don't win nothing.
Speaker 1: I ain't never won nothing, you know what I'm saying. It was just like, damn.
Speaker 4: I was shocked. He was like, I'm shocked. He's like, I'm shocked that gave its. He wasn't expecting it though, he just going out there. Hooper's like, you know, I wasn't even really expecting. I'm just doing me, So you know, I'm thankful to the to the highest, and like I'm thinking he really using this cause he looked he made second team All NBA last year. Now he on a sixty sixty four win team and they only get one player on the first team.
Speaker 1: That didn't make no sense to the league. Gotta change a lot of things, bro, Yeah, they gotta change. So you know, I think that a lot of the Marlin names that were bigger names didn't have good seasons. I'm just being one hundred and.
Speaker 4: They probably put up the numbers, but I don't think like they teams didn't play well.
Speaker 1: En hit that ship, like I think he.
Speaker 4: Should have got it over I thought I thought he should have got it maybe over at Booker or Kawhi. I mean truthfully, like later they both.
Speaker 1: Had a better year. He was on a better team, better team. You dropped one of them. Ain't nobody tripping.
Speaker 4: And it's not a knock on them, but I just thought the team success. You know, shit kind.
Speaker 1: Of like, man, this is the Nash Clear. You know what you do in the vision you notice like the Nash back if your stocking' what it is if you ain't putting in the body of working that year. Man, your peers overside you or overseed you. You know what I'm saying, it's just what it is. You know, Kawhi was hurt the ship, I mean Booker, Booker and uh and and Phoenix. What then paying out to what we what we thought, man, the fucking Celsius was what we thought the whole fucking year. And they was consistent. You're supposed to reward a couple of those guys on that ship, but really they got damn near the best there starting five in the league. Can't even say all that ship. Noah, we're saying it, and they should have been rewarded for Sorry, you know what he like motivated, motivated. I love it. I hope I hope they don't get him some more ship. He keeping through. Shouldn't get that. Let me get the big track that Nigga said. I'm two gays from the finals. Don't give a fuck about that. That's what trophy that's winning. Let's get it man. Then and then too, I hate that they touched that Eastern the Eastern Conference ball, Yo. A rule that was a rule we had do not touch the rock, right, everybody knew what that meant. Don't touch it. Now, I wonder where that is at to this day. I think we threw that ball away the Eastern Conference Championship. I think I think we had an assistant pick it up because none of us would touch dude. Nobody wanted it like so much. That ship was like I think we was giving it to Rondo. I think because wasn't on it. Ain't none of us on that ship.
Speaker 4: And nobody was on it. I don't know where that trump finished today. It's not nowhere because you know they don't. That trophy is nowhere, Like, I don't know if it's anywhere. Just think I think they giving them a charity, y'all. Like here, put this in your living room.
Speaker 1: Maybe like to the Boys and Girls Club or something like that, to get a grandma. Here, Grandma, go put down this mantal pieces. You know what I'm saying. You played Hooper prints. Hell yeah, you played Hooper print not to be on No Chapelle ship. So just slow you know what I'm saying. Like you was Hooper, y'all was in the same gym shooting. Lord, listen, real ship you got, he can hit me out. Everybody that's been to Paisley Park past two thirty know what I'm talking about. Damn, that's that's late. Lord. Lord, we've being the club and bro coming there and he'll just grab a couple of us and then you grab whoever and then we're out. So he would do that and then he would be performing new music and ship too because he had the stage and it was like a little it was like a it's like a big ass studio, you know what I'm saying. But in the studio he got places where record. He at a place where he auditions and you know, kind of goes through his acting what he's gonna do on tour. And then he got well.
Speaker 4: You're talking about this was like a out of like a at a house or in a park.
Speaker 1: And this is at his studio called Paisley Park Studio crib in there he living there. He got a whole, it's a whole, a b n C. You feel me. But in the joint it looks like a big ass stage, like a sound stage, and part on the side. He got a court in there and Lord in there like AI. And he's from the North side. If anybody on the north side of Minneapolis, that's some goon ship like that, ain't you know? North and south of the straight up. And he in there talking the Cold Cash Ship. He play out of his shirt. He in there looking like Prince hair going I could I couldn't even wow. Lord, But it's also a concert going on. Niggas over here. You know again, dice game in here?
Speaker 4: You know it's just man, this is just a spot where he's just like this ship was on seven in the morning, right right, This is this is that little getaway to Shisney.
Speaker 1: Yah. Yeah, crack, I can't even imagine ball hard. I'm talking like Game two eleven one talking that ship. You better get up like he ain't doing all that. He likes that. He like he got handles hands. What you mean you hear me hit you with a flurry of blows. Brother, you ain't see the window, nobody, but I know I'm from the hood, lord, nigga who running it? Everybody in there trying to guard him here in the yard dropping your give me your face side, if you know what I'm saying. Right, ain't no, ain't all that little other ship that the world was you like? Was you like it? I would have been. I was all all in awe, Man, I'm in here looking like man. I wish my mama could I was over that like I'm in here watching Prisy like man, you like trying. That's what I'm saying. We couldn't. We couldn't. I would have been at all done like about it because you know you might not get invited back, so you know, kept it. You have to keep it cool with you. You could shirt the people right right, So that's but yeah, I did that twice with it, and I was fortunate to be part of that. Joe. You never went to his real ship because chan Hanson, which was away from anything but Paisley Parkers where he entertained, and then you got to hear some new ship. Then he would go back and do like Nikki or he'll do doves cry just for the fun of it. Like I don't know if y'all Prince fans, but Nikki one of the partiest fucking sons he ever did. And then he would do it with the big ass guitarist Purple ship came on his own, he would do like like a rip for like twenty second, did here go once? No girl name? They come off that motherfucker like yo, if you exactly no, no, no, yeah, yeah, year, I'm in here like now, riding home, I'm supposed to hit the exit like twenty minutes ago. Out. I'm in the man, I not missed my man. You ain't got no flicks in the bliss nah, bro, what like that? Yeah? I know? Yeah, yeah yeah yeah, right right right right right that ship right here? Man, come on here, man here, hair, breakfast and everything. Let me get out of there, brocause you know, artist, they stay in the studio all day. I did, right man, what seven o'clock ain't ship to and autist they're still in there. That's falling hard sweating. What you need to do? You know what you need to do with this story? Animation? Yeah, animation. We need to animate this story. I never know where else going with that.
Speaker 4: Tell you lewis Man shout to we need to do an animation of this story right.
Speaker 1: Here, Win and Hoop and Michael or Prince Michael who I never seen Michael Jackson who you remember the Jordan commercials. I saw that dribble going off, how he was drebbling Prince with bonush it out of Michael. It'll be more like Prince versus like Chris Brown. That's a better You don't know Chris Ball quick enough right right that that nigga had a right to left, Yeah, he had a right to left. Yeah, like iconic artist. It's like then listen, Prince was short, small, compacting fast, some mighty mouse ship and hair blowing lord looking like my sister out that motherfucker give you work talking ship A yeah, yeah A that that's what when you're sitting over it. So when the Chappelle ship came out, I had because I got the crew. He is not lying. He is not lying all that other ship with Charlie Murray. I don't know all that, but he is not. I saw the man who in real life, and I was like, yeah, he would beat the average person. Damn crazy shape too. Right now, right now, he beat Nate. Right He'll bone everybody in this room church, hell broom, He'll boneus out of Damn he can shoot, he can damn yellous sight up back board. I saw it. I ain't seen it late. I gotta see where it said. He got the little knuckleball on it. Sometimes you know what I'm saying. But Dave Chappelle for bringing that up straight up, that's a well kept secret that I don't really think he wanted out here. That's funny. You're welcome, certified, yeap. So when I got to Boston, you notice when they give you your jersey and your locker. On the side of your locker, it shows you who wre yeah, number yeah and Badley and Bill Walton is on my list for the number five. Oh yeah, that's right, yep. And I think Johnny Joe does that or the Celtics do that. So that you understand the responsibility of the number that you're about to represent for the people that actually repped it before you. And when I say, when I came to Boston, it felt different. This what was different that you embedded in not just a culture, but a circular network of players of greatness that came in here. And to your talent and who you are, who you think you are, you have a responsibility to plug into that network. And I felt that ship. And when I was the anchor of the defense, I felt the energy of When I talked to Bill, that was our connection. He was asking me, man, were you anchoring it? What you what you're seeing? And the connection in the conversation was that. And then he would tell me how he would talk the Cools or what they are, what their language was, how they were talking, calling out pison and he was just giving me lit lord And that was what my connection in my eye to while I was in there in the bliss to to the Celtics was that the responsibility to your talent as to who you think you are amongst these grace that's come in here, much like the Greek gods of the African gods. And that's how I felt, bro. And you get another energy from that ship. And then one day you look up and them niggas sitting there there watching you, watching you practice. Come on, man, how the fuck I'm gonna sit out with Bill Russell here watching us practice? Man, you might man, and now practice already. Don't hunt it right? We practiced how we hoo? And we were niggas man Ty and b and me and baby and this man. I don't even know how Doc managed all that, but that's what it was. Yeah. So shout to Bill walk man and representing the five and I hope, you know, made him proud for real. Shit. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had quite a few interactions with Bill, you know. Obviously he came to Boston quite a lot and attended a lot of like Foundation parties and games and you know, just being around doing TV and the one thing that always kind of stood up to me. I remember when I first met because Bill Walter is kind of intimidating, like you don't really know if you should speak to him. Like when I first met him, you like, you know, no, he's not inviting right right, you know, I'm kind of like checking the temperature with him. But then when I was in the same room with him, I remember the first time he was just like, how you doing. You know, he got that are you doing, Paul? And then and then once he opened up, you see how jeer for he is. You know what I'm saying. He's really got a big personality. And he was just like, Paul, just love you, man, Just continue to be you don't give a debt what people think about you and everything, and you know everything will turn out the way you want it. And he just always was like share that message with me. And then when you look at how he was, you know, he was always himself and different and you know it was grateful, big concerts and you know, he wore different shirts.
Speaker 1: He was just him.
Speaker 4: He was joyful to be around too, man, And we got comfortable around each other throughout the years and we always showed each other mutual respect, and you know, it was shocking me the truthfully, when when I saw it across the ticker on TV.
Speaker 1: You look healthy, he looked. When I see him. He's always smiling, he's always bouncing around. He looks mobile, you know, and some of the old guys get older. Man, they're not moving well. He was moving well. He was still calling games man when I saw that ship man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, it was sort of a shock, but it was a sad day. It was a sad day for the NBA brotherhood or you know. So you know, as as we continue, hopefully we can continue his legacy and continue, uh to help him be remembered, you know, through his through the things he done, not on and not only in the game of basketball, but you know, in TV and broadcasting and I thought he changed the game in that aspect also, Uh, you know, he kept he kept alive, He kept it alive for players to transition into that, you know what I'm saying. And so he was a good he was. Yeah, he was a pioneer, uh in that aspect. One of the greatest college players, NBA players. It's a it's a it's a it's it's always that that damn what if with him too, you know, he could have been one of the greatest ever because he was coming behind I think he was right behind Kareem right, he was right behind Kareem Uh at UCLA because you know that Kareem had ran his off then and then Ben Walton coming in USLA. I'm talking about UCLA, and then he came in uh and ran his chair. He had one of the great college careers in UCLA, winning multiple national championships, multiple National.
Speaker 1: Player of the Years, and then he carried it into the NBA to.
Speaker 4: Where he his first few years, he won a championship with the Portland Trail Blazers, and then he started to have a lot of problems with his knees and feet.
Speaker 1: Could get that under control, Yeah, his.
Speaker 4: Knees and feet, and he just never bounced back to where the level he was at, but his contributions were never gonna
Speaker 1: Notice and we appreciate him.