Speaker 1: My mother would be disappointed in me. It's one more thing. I'm strong and getty one more.
Speaker 2: That's a heavy, one more thing living knowing your mom would be disappointed in you again.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: So ah, I was I'm going to not be at work Maniana tomorrow. We were speaking these words on Wednesday, the thirteenth of May. I will be off tomorrow. I'm playing in a golf tournament. And normally I'd be worried about how I'm gonna play, a concerned, a little nervous how you are before a sports thingy. But all I worry about this time is not being injured, not aggravating an injury I've got, which is I had a tear in some of the the muscles like the adductor that Al Gore used to like to get rubbed. It gets near you crack, you know if you if you're gonna squeeze a basketball between your knees, that's your adductor's.
Speaker 3: Okay, And then you're why would I want to do that.
Speaker 2: So it doesn't fall to the ground obviously, yeah, And the hands are full of something else.
Speaker 1: Well clearly yeah. And then you got your ham strings, which is like the muscles of the back of your leg. And there's a couple in the one that's close to the adductor. So I strained the crap out of that one. A couple of muscles that's your interior hamstring or something or I don't remember. Anyway, Boy getting old teaches you about anatomy.
Speaker 2: Did you forget to activate your glutes?
Speaker 1: I did, Michael. I have a lot of trouble activating my glutes, just like Tiger. All right, So here's how I heard it them it that area. I take this golf lesson. It's great.
Speaker 3: Keep your head down, keep your left arm straight.
Speaker 1: Oh you took the same lesson. Huh and uh and and I realized, Okay, that's great and it's really helping me. But I'm still not flexible enough to pull it off regularly because of all my arthritis and hip replacements stuff like that. And so I vow I'm going to swing a golf club twenty times a day, every single day. That's the best way to stretch it out. Make it an everyday thing. Just go out in my driveway, swing it, and go back and do whatever I'm doing. So, like day two of this, I go out into my super busy day. We had a busy day at work and then I had an appointment. I've got five minutes to do my golf swings and it's day two. So I'm like, if you don't do it today, you just yeah, yeah, you ended your resolution on January third. Just sad. And so I go out into my driveway and I take a swing. Then I think, you know, you need to stretch a little bit. So I'm stretching out. I'm like doing toe touches more or less. And I hear a door slam, car door, pick up truck door. Guy ambles up my driveway. Do a little stretching. Huh, he says, years old beard. I'm like, yeah, yeah, trying to get looseen. Oh my god. And he says, yeah, yeah, I got compressed my account. What's the compress my vertebrae number three and number four? Yeah. I said, oh, you're too young for that. He goes, yeah, yeah, it really hurts sometimes. And I'm like okay, yeah, and he says something else, and uh, he's in your driveway. He's walking on my driveway. I've got like a short driveway and then a big ish area where you can park and uh, and he's walking toward me. Yeah, this, Then I tell you what and I'm like, finally I slip you with something. Finally I said to him, I said, look, are we just two guys talking about stretching on my driveway or is there something I can.
Speaker 3: Do for you? What you said?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, And so so he hits me. He says, oh yeah, yeah, I'm a yeah, funny you bring it up. Yeah, yeah, I'm whatever. What Brandon? Is that? What the Chinese food? What you name your son Brandon? So he goes, oh, yeah, yeah, I'm Brandon. I'm the project manager. We're doing your the Smith's house, tudors down the roof. Just wanted to tell you about our roofing inspection plan and you are absolutely not supposed to solicit like that in my hood. But I'm like, all right, a roof is in fine shape. Give me your card, I'll let you know if we need anything. All right, give to me happy stretching. And I was like, oh, for f's sake, And so at this point.
Speaker 2: You're you're better than me that I'm like, don't sell me stuff. I know my driveway. It's a nice day.
Speaker 3: I don't want some son stuff. I know.
Speaker 1: I know, it's it's partly that that doesn't happen in my hood. And so I thought, oh, this is like my neighbor's son or or he's the new guy in the hood. Yeah, that's good because that's the vibe. And so at this point, this guy is chewed up three and a half of my five minutes, and I am pissed off. And so do you know what an orange whip is? Not the cocktail popularized in orange Whip, Orange Whip, orange whip, three orange whips exactly. That was Blues Brothers. Yeah, John, It's a golf training tool. It's like a whippy thing with an orange ball at the end that you use to stretch your back and get your timing blow bother. It's a tool. And so I'm pissed off. So I'm like, you, asshole, I got it a tone, And so I take my orange whip and I take like fifteen violent fast swings, prixturing his head. Yeah, well more or less. I wake up. Was it the next day or the day after that? I can't remember, and I can't walk. I cannot walk. Everything's in spasm. I can barely move. I'm like crying out in pain. I gotta take muscle relaxance and pain killers. It didn't happen at the time when you were doing that. No, I didn't feel it at the time. You're way overstretched it and tore it, and so.
Speaker 3: Wow, I would have thought it would have hurt right then.
Speaker 1: So freaking stupid. Well, you know, adrenaline is the most incredible painkiller in the world. I've experienced that playing sports, where you get done and you realize you're socking, your shoe are full of blood. You're like, what the hell happened?
Speaker 3: Like when I wrecked my motorcycle. Oh, I was fine.
Speaker 2: I was halfway home in that uber, bleeding all over his back seat everything. All of a sudden, Oh my god, this hurts, right, I haven't.
Speaker 1: Felt anything so anyway. Yeah, And so I've been rehabbing like a mother scratcher, and I haven't played golf in two weeks, just trying to heal this thing I've done. I've swung a few times in all, and so I've just got to see if it work. But my mom always said, because my sister and I were a year apart and we'd fight sometimes. We're best friends now, thank god, but she'd always say don't say they made you mad. That's a decision you make. You're in control of your emotions and your reactions rise above it. And he made me mad, and I'm paying the star stupid tax.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. That's a good one. In pain, I'm Joe getting um that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how'd you hurt your leg? Well, this bearded guy was trying to sell me.
Speaker 2: Roof, I got mad at a salesperson is not a good good answer, never mind makes you got pissed and forgot?
Speaker 1: I'm old and was That doesn't sound good.
Speaker 2: That The reason I'm hurt for weeks or months or maybe forever is because I got so mad.
Speaker 1: At a salesperson, totally lost my head and abused my own body. I punched myself in the face repeatedly to show him how mad I was.
Speaker 3: You remember that?
Speaker 1: Might as well have Jeez, what a jackass? The stupid tax?
Speaker 2: There it is?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that's it.