Speaker 1: So are you feeling run down and exhausted? Maybe you feel stuck in an endless cycle overwork drained. Well, according to today's guest, you can break the cycle through one key biblical principle, and he's here to tell us about that. So you want to say tuned, be first joining me around the table. My dear friend, Cindy Johnston, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm doing well.
Speaker 3: Sometimes everybody's trying to tell us to rest, right right, Yeah, And I think God rested after he made all of creation, and if he wanted to rest, I think that is a great indicator we need to rest.
Speaker 2: That's right, Annie Kendall. You for that. I am for that.
Speaker 4: I believe that RESK is invigorating.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Told me you met some people somewhere that watch you on table talk.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, and they this lady said.
Speaker 2: Where was this hat?
Speaker 4: It was at a luncheon where I was speaking, And this lady said, I love table talk and I love all of the wisdom.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, I think she said I love you being on there because you bring wisdom. Yes, yes, she's not going to say that about herself.
Speaker 4: She didn't say elderly, but that's right.
Speaker 2: Rachel m.
Speaker 3: Brown.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the table. We like having a little wisdom at the table.
Speaker 2: We doo yeah too, And.
Speaker 6: I'm excited about our guest today. This is a topic that I had to learn early on as a graduate.
Speaker 1: You really not doing this, by the way, I have to tell everybody.
Speaker 6: It's a part of my testimony with the Lord. He told me, Rachel, I came to give you life and life more abundantly. And nowhere in that does it say anything about being tired, exhausted, worn out, overworked. And he said, if you do less, I can do more in your life. And I said, sign over that.
Speaker 2: If you do I can do more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like you you really understand rest.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 7: You know I work hard, you do have when it's time the rest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe in it.
Speaker 1: It's having my job keep you busy, but when it when it's done, you take time to rest.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 7: I do, And you know some of it is pleasure, like I love watching Korean TV and.
Speaker 2: That's my favor.
Speaker 1: Found this out and out, Dorothy, all right, we're finding out things we never are.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: I'm I'm in that season of rest where I'm as busy as I need to be. It's a new season of what God has for David and I. And I was thinking as we were all the mountains of North Carolina, folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she tells me. She wears her.
Speaker 1: Sweatpants, know her leggings, in her sweat shirts, look out into the smoky mountains and see the awesomeness of God and all the animals.
Speaker 2: That you still come back for. I come back. I still get to stay connected.
Speaker 8: But when we think we're smarter than God, God himself rested, we're really in trouble truth when we I love what you said, Rachel.
Speaker 2: You know if we do less, God can do more.
Speaker 8: However, you said that, and I'm in that beautiful season in my life and i love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it. But yeah, I mean.
Speaker 8: You're resting, but you're still still being production. I see God doing it in.
Speaker 2: A whole different area my life, and I'm all right. Well.
Speaker 1: He is the senior pastor of Faith Christians Center and Able to Georgia, and he's here to talk about his new book, Rhythm of Rest. Please welcome Kerrick Butler. Come on in, kerk All right.
Speaker 5: Hello everyone here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get to hear you.
Speaker 1: You any take on the ladies at the table. Let's go Okay, I love that.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 1: So how do we escape this narra burnout? And is it pop possible to embrace the lifestyle of supernatural renewal? Well, it starts by embracing a key biblical principle that will end your striving and transform your life. Ker you pastor there, Yes, in Georgia, a great church. Married, Yes, five kids, yes, four girls and a boy.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 6: To know, how can you have five kids and write this? Because I'm string to figure it out?
Speaker 2: Good questions.
Speaker 5: So when I was writing the book, I had to be dedicated to not violate the principles of.
Speaker 9: The book to write the books.
Speaker 5: To stay I was like, no, no, no, you're teaching on the rest. You need to lift this thing as you write it. And so I've learned to take advantage.
Speaker 9: Of these moments, these opportunities to rest.
Speaker 5: I remember one time I was taking my oldest a volleyball practice and it was just the drive back and forth didn't make sense. And so it was years ago I wrote another book while I was.
Speaker 9: Waiting for a volleyball practice.
Speaker 5: I find these moments and I take advantage of these opportunities. A lot of times people say, we don't have time to rest because I got this, I got this, we got this five minutes. What are you doing with it these third minutes? You doom scrolling on your phone? Or are you actually gonna do something that you enjoy?
Speaker 1: You got to put down that phone. Yes, that's one of the big things. Well, you know, I love what you said that resting isn't just going to take a nap or sitting in a chair, enjoying the beauty of the mountains, you know, or sitting on.
Speaker 2: The swing or whatever.
Speaker 1: Resting can be walking down the beach, right absolutely, yes, going on a hike, yes, and just looking at God's creation, or just going for a walk around the block.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, that's my version of rest. I'm very energetic person. I like coffee. Some people's like, why do they ever introduce you to caffeine in the first place? And so my version is I'm going to the beach, I'm walking. I might walk a few miles, I might run a few miles, I might walk back afterwards, i might go for a hike, go do this. My version is active, but that's rest the rest of my mind and rest my emotions. I'm enjoying what God has created, and I'm physically even though I'm moving, I'm at.
Speaker 2: Rest, phone with you on the walk on the beach or no.
Speaker 5: I like to track my miles, so I do, but outside of that, I'll put a silence.
Speaker 9: I'm listening to some music.
Speaker 2: Oh you put it on side, yes.
Speaker 9: So yeah, that's what I do for that, or listen to music. I'm gon join my.
Speaker 2: Own to ride our bikes.
Speaker 1: Yes, like just go on, we go like it at eight mile, eleven mile ride on the bike.
Speaker 2: And it's just as beautiful. It's peaceful.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I don't listen to music because there may be a car or something coming.
Speaker 9: I gotta be able to see.
Speaker 1: But tell us about why you wrote the book and a little bit just about growing up in the Butler family.
Speaker 5: Well, I wrote the book after I preached it to my church. First I started, I thought it was a week in message, you know, you preach one week in message of good Tomorrow Day, weekend, and then the top it kept going and went ten different messages.
Speaker 9: I'm like, well, maybe that's a little bit more too I need to dive into. And then I took it.
Speaker 5: I was preaching as a staff chapel at Kenith Coopler Ministries and I shared on a there and Pastor George Pearce said, this needs to be a book quick, yes, And so I started writing it and sharing with more people. That'say care, we have to hear about this, and so that's kind of the journey of it. But even growing up as a Butler, my uncle is Bishop Keith Butler, suppressed so many churches in America, Planet America and around the world. Great man have gone, great man of God. He's been my mentor. When I was a teenager. He would take me around one week out of the summer.
Speaker 9: Wherever he was going in the world. So whether it's the US.
Speaker 5: He took me to ken Hagen's Last Chapter Camp meeting, and so I've traveled with him all around the world. But I remember one time I hear those were wild. I have wild memories it also, Yeah, And I remember one time I was working for him in Texas, helping him planning churches in different places, and I walked to this office and I was talking to him and he told me, I'm behind on my vacation schedule.
Speaker 9: I need to rest.
Speaker 5: He says, you know, he pastor three churches at one time, so he has a mindset for pastoring one, mindset for pastoring two. To him, pastoring two churches easy for him. I'm like, well, God, bless you, sir, But then blessing three. He says, every time I pastor three churches, I need to take a vacation at this amount of months.
Speaker 9: He says, I'm a little bit behind, but I'm.
Speaker 5: Going to do that in a couple of weeks. And so he had a system. He knew himself well enough that I need to schedule time to break so I can keep doing what God has called me to do. And I remember that in his office it was just me and him. I was like, well, let me take a minute. So no, because I have to learn myself and what do I need so I can get into that rhythm for my life.
Speaker 1: Well, the Lord actually spoke to you about this, yes, and you didn't obey, right, So tell us that story.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, years go by, and sometimes you know you don't have to rest.
Speaker 9: You know, youth kind of covers it up, right.
Speaker 5: But I remember one time we came out of a season where our house was destroyed because the water happened during the holidays.
Speaker 2: Was that just the most awful thing in the world.
Speaker 5: Was water damage multiple places in the house. We had a newborn, so we had to leave the house. So all the things were going on. So we finally settle where we're going and said, well, I'm going to take a walk and pray because my version of rest is walking. So I'm walking and praying and the Lord began to speak to me. He started talking to me about what he wants to do in the body of Christ, how there's a move of refreshing coming to the body of Christ. He talked to me about what my role is in it, and he says, here's what I need you to do.
Speaker 9: I'm thinking he's going to.
Speaker 5: Say, you need a fast, you need to pray, you need to study. He says, I need you to stay refreshed.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, So.
Speaker 5: I began to learn a little bit. You know, you know when you talk, so you begin to act on a little bit.
Speaker 9: So am I sleeping enough?
Speaker 5: But then life happens kind of forget about it. So I get to the end of the year and really just analyze it myself. Okay, what did the Lord speak to me this year?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: He told me to stay refreshed. Did I stay refreshed? No? I did not.
Speaker 5: I had to repent, like Lord you told me and I missed it. Please forgive me, And I realized I needed to learn more.
Speaker 2: And what were some of your mistakes that year?
Speaker 5: Sometimes, you know, we let things get to us. You know, how you plan a day. At first, I'm going to rest, I'm going to enjoy. Things are going good for that hour. Then you get a text or you see some on social media. Something happens, and instead of going ten minutes to deal with it, you let it ruin your day. And so that was sometimes I was like, Okay, I got it for ten minutes, I might as well work for the next ten hours. That was a mentality I had a change. It was an emotional mindset I had to change. So I don't throw away a day just because there was a crisis.
Speaker 9: I'm sing.
Speaker 1: You would said today to rest, the Lord told you to do that, and then interruptions would come and you would let then overrule the decision you had made to make a day arrest.
Speaker 5: Not just overrule my decision, but also overrule my emotions.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and so the.
Speaker 5: Thing is, you know, Jeszai, come to me. I'll show you how to rest, take a real rest.
Speaker 9: And it has learned of me. I'm meet and lowly of heart.
Speaker 5: He's saying, I have my emotions and control, and so sometimes we miss out on rest because our emotions are all over the place, and God has.
Speaker 9: Given us rest.
Speaker 5: Like people taking vacations before, they said, I spend all this money going to enjoy it, but one little thing's happened and they're mad the rest of the vacation.
Speaker 9: So we spent all this money to enjoy.
Speaker 5: But you allowed your emotions to become a roller coaster and now you're not at rest.
Speaker 1: So part of the rest is controlling those emotions. Yes, so another thing you talked about is sleep. Yes, you changed your schedule.
Speaker 5: I had to change my schedule first. I had to start tracking how much I slept because before I'm like, I'm okay, and my wife told said, you need to go to sleep. I said, well, Napoleon conquered Europe in four hours.
Speaker 9: I'm good. She said Napoleon was crazy. Go to bed, And so I started tracking it.
Speaker 5: I started counting how many hours I was sleeping every night, and I learned something called sleep debt, that your body could actually have sleep debt, that your body remembers how much sleep it should have had, but it doesn't have.
Speaker 9: So I started tracking it.
Speaker 5: I said, okay, I need to sleep more than I started learning when it is on, When do I get my best rest?
Speaker 9: What time during that you were going to bed at?
Speaker 2: What time?
Speaker 5: I'm a night hour by nature, so midnight was early, could be one could be obviously sending emails at two am, riding at three am, and then I'll go to sleep about five hours and hop back up again.
Speaker 9: And so I had to stop that. You know, I got five kids.
Speaker 5: And the thing is in pastoring, and I'm also the president of the Business Association of Area, so I'm very involved in the communities, going to schools, all these different things. So if I'm going to do that, I can't stay up late and wake up early.
Speaker 9: All the time.
Speaker 2: No, it's like ten o'clock.
Speaker 9: It's about ten o'clock.
Speaker 2: Did that just refresh you?
Speaker 9: It did?
Speaker 5: I had to first change my mindset, because that's when friends like krek you just need to go to bed early, I said, But I like staying up late, and so I had to change my mindset. And now I'm up early before everybody else and enjoy because.
Speaker 6: The reality is regardless of what time you go to sleep. Those little those little ones are going to be waking up this early.
Speaker 5: You know something I learned about that because sometimes you know, the Lord will lead you take a nap, go to bed earlier, and he's like, well, no, the kids are asleep.
Speaker 9: I want to stay up. I want to watch the show, I want to do this and be production. Let me get stuff done.
Speaker 5: But if the spirit of God is leading you arrest, he knows something, you know, because that's gonna be the night the kids can wake up in the middle of the night and he'll be up with him for a couple of hours, and then you wake up in the morning.
Speaker 9: I said, man, I get enough sleep.
Speaker 5: But God told us go to bed early because he knew that was.
Speaker 9: The night the kid was going to wake up.
Speaker 1: So once you did that first message, did what was it that resonated that caused it to continue? What did you say in it that really resonated with people that were like, Okay, we need more teaching on this.
Speaker 5: They started talking to me about this the pastorly, you've hit on something. I'm not resting at all. I don't know how to rest, And so I started teaching how to rest, how to take a break. How to take a vacation. First you got to block off that time. You know, we'd like to skelch. Some of us are very schedule oriented, and we can schedule some things, but we don't schedule rest because we don't value rest.
Speaker 9: And one of the things I've learned.
Speaker 5: From the Scripture, anytime you take holy things and make them comment, you get in trouble. And the rest is called holy in the scripture, but we treat it as common in our hustle culture. We grind, we move, but rest is wholy.
Speaker 2: Okay, So set a time, that's one thing. What else?
Speaker 5: You set a time and then you block it off. But also you have to learn how do you rest? Because some people I'm going to rest, Well what does that look like?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 9: What do you need to do? Find out how you rest?
Speaker 2: It's just once a week.
Speaker 5: You need to do it, maybe at least once a week, but sometimes you have certain seasons that.
Speaker 2: Of commanded to do it once a week.
Speaker 5: It kind of commanded for the Sabbath, right right, And so under the Old Covenant there was a day of Sabbath, there was a year sabbath. But on the New Covenant, we don't have a day of Sabbath. We have a Lord of Sabbath, so he sets the rhythm. So we actually have to talk to him about our weekly schedule because.
Speaker 2: Some people may need a day and a half.
Speaker 5: They may need a day a half, he may need two days. Let him show you what you need. Because your body needs rest, your mind needs rest, your emotions needs to rest, your spirit needs rest.
Speaker 2: Your family needs rests.
Speaker 6: Look like for your family, for my family.
Speaker 5: So we have this huge family. I'm the active rest person. My wife is I'm going to sit by the pool, by the beach rest person.
Speaker 10: And your wife we're like you guys would be enjoying us.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm going to jump in the ocean with the kids, probably throw them in the ocean a little bit after I ran.
Speaker 9: A few miles.
Speaker 5: That's my version of rest. And so we've learning what each one needs. Okay, one needs to be active, one needs to I want to go sit aside and read a book. One need wants to be very involved, and it wants to have a movie day with us. So we're learning each one and will prioritize on our life around that.
Speaker 6: Do you rest outside of your kids, like as a parent and as a couple.
Speaker 5: Do you think that's an important Yes, it's very important, and you have to learn how to do it, don't you think is important. We've learned to do date days, not so much date nights, and so in this season of like with little kids, we do date days. So we'd go we're going to do this together. You might go to watch this movie, you might go to eat out, or my school wall. It's important because you have to take time aside for yourselves.
Speaker 1: I love the rest that you do with your family. Tell everybody about taco to Taco Tuesday.
Speaker 5: So we started a number of years ago, and so we do it every single Tuesday. And so even my staff knowes don't bother him on Tuesday evenings because it's Taco Tuesday. Even my whole church knows it's Taco Tuesday. Don't message pastor. And so we block out that time. We cook tacos, lay out a spread on the table, and we sit around on the table. We eat, we listen to music, we laugh. It's our one of our weekly things, your daughter weekly holiday.
Speaker 9: And so they know what they expected. During the fall winter.
Speaker 5: I'll make some taco soup with it, and we'll just have a great time. We lay out a spread and so it's not just like in their plate, but it's like they can reach and grab. It's a whole family experience.
Speaker 1: Yes, so you got like, what tell me what else in the middle, because I'm visioning right now.
Speaker 5: So we do ground turkey. Then we might have halopenias because I love spicy things. Then we have pale peppers and peppers, and a lot of cheese, tons, mountains, juacamole, avocado and tomatoes.
Speaker 1: You have.
Speaker 5: Whole tons of chips, tons of tortilla chips.
Speaker 2: The holidays.
Speaker 8: They will remember that and implement that in the case, So you didn't.
Speaker 2: You have that.
Speaker 5: I had to cut back the caso at one point, but because my wife's pregnant.
Speaker 9: Can't have casel while you're pregnant. So I was like, I can't put that on the table while she's pregnant.
Speaker 4: That's you know, what you're doing is you're establishing traditions, right, and that gives kids such such confidence. When there's traditions, they can depend on you.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, you know there are people watching, you're listening, and you're like, I need to do this. I know I need to do this. The thing is is if you don't do it, then sometimes God will sit you down in another way.
Speaker 5: I call it a forced wress, a foresdress.
Speaker 2: So you don't want to force ress.
Speaker 9: You do not want to force rest.
Speaker 5: You know, we saw that in the script when the Israelites removed from the land, and the reason why is because they did not let the land rest. So said the land had rest seventy years. Now what is our bodies made from the dirt? If the land have arrest, how much more do our bodies have to rest if not in a force rest, whether it's physical, whether it's mental, whether it's emotional. And a lot of times people are going through things in their families because they never rested.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna hustle. I'm gonna work hard during this time. I'm gonna make all this money, and then I'm gonna rest and enjoy. But now you have to spend that money, spend that bag on the everything you need to get your family like you again because you didn't prioritize them while you were working. So that's still force rest in a different form and your help.
Speaker 8: Yes, we don't rest, then our bodies will pay a great price.
Speaker 2: A lot of times as long as rebel. That would be the force ress for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, we're gonna talk more with care when we come back from this breaks.
Speaker 2: They're right there.
Speaker 11: Take a moment find yourself deeper. Connection starts with understanding. Every language helps you discover the art of relating to others, your strengths, your weaknesses in detailed summary to bring you closer to those around you. Everyone wants to be understood. Find the connection that you've been missing. Get your results at life languages dot com.
Speaker 1: Well, we're talking with pastor Carrick Butler, whose book Rhythm of Rest. Rachel just quickly kind of share how the Lord dealt with you on the whole sleep thing. You and Josh have a funny store.
Speaker 6: Well, it's so funny when me and my husband went to marriage Conselana. They give you, like all these questions and you've got to fill them out and wet with Anna. You want to fill it out separately, and then you come together and we were really solid on most of them. I think we're probably a little unique in the facts that I was like wanting to know everything before I got into this. I'm like, I need to know old things.
Speaker 2: But the one question, yes.
Speaker 6: I was like, you got on this to this questionnaire is what time do you go to bed? Because I was like, you, I was a night owl. I stayed up all night, but my husband went to bed early.
Speaker 1: And so it was driving him crazy. Yes, does he want to go to bed like nine o'clock and she's like two o'clock.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So that was a like we literally never fought at all, and when people would ask like, how's your first year of marriage, it's like, it's great. We just can't get aligned on when we go to sleep. And so, you know, I just have a lot of drive, a lot of you know, just wanting to do everything with excellence. I always joke around with my team I'm recovering perfectionist, because I don't know that you ever fully get there. But I learned when I got out of college the world doesn't reward perfection. It rewards people who get stuck done. And so I had to go through this, like you know, journey with the Lord. When I wanted to become a mom, I knew that it wasn't I was.
Speaker 2: Going to say, two kids will change that.
Speaker 6: Too, Well, yeah, it couldn't be a reality that I was at the office till like ten eleven twelve, and it wasn't because anybody was making me be here. I remember Dad would email me, go home, are your mom has made dinner?
Speaker 2: Come home?
Speaker 6: And he knew like he wasn't going to call me, he was gonna have to send an email because I would be working.
Speaker 2: It's true, it's true, but you know, we.
Speaker 6: Just had to unlearn some of those kind of bad habits that I got into. And like I said earlier, at the beginning of the show, the Lord convicted my heart and he said if you if you do less, I can do more in your life.
Speaker 2: I love that, you know. I was very much the same way as you. I'm a night person.
Speaker 4: I feel better at night, I have more energy at night. I wake up in the morning and I don't feel good to start with. So I've had to change everything, including my confession. I wake up in the what you say, I'm energized, joy, strength, you know what.
Speaker 2: It wasn't there.
Speaker 4: But if you start changing your confession, you change your the words that come out of your mouth, as well as change your sleep habit, it can make it Otherwise.
Speaker 2: I was doing forced list.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not just sleep, but something that helped me as I now work out in the morning and having that consistent.
Speaker 2: Yes, it kind of helps with instead of doing that at night. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: I think me going to earlier and waking up early, like you said, I think that time my mind is really clear for the Lord to speak to me early in the morning.
Speaker 12: Well, I married someone that's like the two of you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was the one that was in bed earlier. But you like to lay on the beach and read your book. Yeah, exactly, That's what I like to do. That's rest.
Speaker 12: But we had to come together as well trying to figure out what would work best. But it is I found as well, going to bed earlier and getting up earlier. It seems like you can get a lot more accomplished during the day by doing that.
Speaker 6: I think that's scientific, right, Like there's certain things.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, you know, honestly, guys, I know you probably think it's funny, But the most refreshing, re energizing thing that I do is watch Korean tivy.
Speaker 2: I mean every I mean I think about it. You have to read, we have to read the subtitles.
Speaker 7: You know. I can't text, I can't answer the phone, I can't do anything but read the subtitles.
Speaker 2: It is the most enjoyable thing.
Speaker 1: That's honestly, how I risk like, well, there's the other things you do. You listen to worship music, absolutely, I mean God is always first. But I can tell you at end the day, from nine thirty to eleven thirty, I'm watching Career. I'll never forget this program. I had no idea about Doors.
Speaker 4: She has told me that, and I said, to you, speak any Korean. She said, it's coming to her as she watches.
Speaker 8: You know, David and I are different in that he's a night out. But what would happen is I'd say, well, baby, I'm not going to bed without you. And it didn't take long till I kept I would just lay on the couch if he wanted to work or whatever, and go to sleep. But he got to feel in so bad that I needed to go to bed, but I wouldn't go without him. That he changed the way he goes to bed. Now he goes to bed earlier. Yeah, and more productive. We are as a couple more productive by going to bed earlier.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think so early.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I don't want to sound like super spiritual, but for me, like even like taking a bath at that's RESTful. But putting on because you're with your phone. Now you can put on the Word of God and have it read to you. Why you just close your eyes. That's really powerful too, is it is?
Speaker 9: It is?
Speaker 5: You have to learn how you rest and you take advantage of it.
Speaker 9: So you know how you rest. You know how you rest.
Speaker 5: So whatever the way you rest, whether it's listening toread.
Speaker 9: TV, whether it's taking a bath, protect it.
Speaker 5: I will not interrupt this because once you know that, it's a blessing.
Speaker 9: To you, It's a gift of God to you.
Speaker 6: Why do you think this concept is so hard.
Speaker 1: Because the culture we're live in, Yes, right here, right here for the phone social I don't know.
Speaker 6: I feel like gen Z might be getting it because but the millennials were like very huful, well used.
Speaker 8: To I remember as I got older and a young adult, you were made to feel bad you needed sleep, like you were lazy, you were not productive. How could you need that much sleep? So it was indoctrinated.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying the internet AI social media, I mean all of us sitting here at this table. If you lost your phone today, you'd be panicking. We've got to get to a place, or we put that phone down.
Speaker 2: We bought a little cabinet. Rachel showed it to me online.
Speaker 1: And when when they and when they come over like to get in body, We're like, put it.
Speaker 2: In the cabinet. We don't put it.
Speaker 1: You're not taking your phone out to the pool. We're going to play with the kids, you know during the meal.
Speaker 2: Put it in the cabin you know at the meal.
Speaker 1: Like, have you ever looked around a restaurant, Oh, I know, at a family they're all on their phone.
Speaker 2: So this is a big deal, right, it is.
Speaker 5: And so we've had to learn how to put the phone the other room. And so one of the things I had part of this journey because you know.
Speaker 2: What happens on Taco Tuesday.
Speaker 9: Where are the phones somewhere else? Yeah, on the other side of the room. Because I had to start doing this when I woke up in the morning. I don't sleep next to my phone anymore.
Speaker 5: No, that's a cabinet away from because you know the reason I slept next because that's what.
Speaker 9: I'm on right before I fall asleep. So your alarm and the alarm, and so I have to learn.
Speaker 5: I said, well, you know what I can put the alarm on my watch and keep the phone in the other room.
Speaker 9: And then I can make.
Speaker 1: Sure putting my phone in the other room too, because even if I have it on vibrating.
Speaker 6: How do you how do you wake up?
Speaker 2: That's what he's called an alarm clock.
Speaker 1: It's what we were used in the the olden days.
Speaker 2: Guess what you're getting in your stocking or rooster? We have a clock.
Speaker 1: We have a clock because we can see what time it is. And then we have said it yeah, and he goes.
Speaker 4: By, I love the name of your book, the Rhythm of Risk, because we each have our own rhythm. We each have our own way that God's dealing with us. And to find our specific rhythm is really important.
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 5: It's really important because we live offbeat and not see I rebelled against my rhythm.
Speaker 4: My rhythm might have been saying go to sleep, and I said, no, I've got stuff to.
Speaker 1: Do, you know, so we have to find me in I mean, I've been done the same thing, stayed up late.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but you know what, if you get on that phone and start scrolling, you can you can go an hour not even realize what that is.
Speaker 1: So crazy, So how about just taking a moment, if you would, kerk and just pray for those that are watching right now that you know you know you're not resting, and it's showing up in your body, your soul and your spirit and all those need rest.
Speaker 5: Yes, now, I'm going to pray for you, and you're gonna have the best rest of your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Father, I thank you that you are the God of peace, and part of the definition of peace is rest. So I pray for everyone under the sign my voice. I pray that they'll be refreshed right now spiritually, emotionally, mentally, physically, that they'll receive rest in their family, rest in their social life. I pray for those who struggle with going to sleep, who are dealing with nightmares and night terrors. I rebuke that in the name of Jesus, because you said you give us sleep because.
Speaker 2: You love us.
Speaker 5: So we received sleep because you love us and rest. I asked you grant us wisdom so that we know how to rest and live in the rhythm of rest. Father also asked for those who are leaving to take the best vacation of their life. I asked that you grant them everything they need to take that vacation, and when they go, they have favor, and they experience upgrade after upgrade after upgrade. Protect them as they travel, protect them as they come back. May they enjoy the rest you provide for them in Jesus' name.
Speaker 9: Amen.
Speaker 1: Amen, Well, we are out of time, and I want to leave you with this thought. God created you to have rest in your life. And when we strive in our own strength, we fail because we are not called to live by our own strength. The Lord tells us in Matthew eleven, coming to me, all you that labor and are heavy laden.
Speaker 2: And I will give you rest if you need rest today. Maybe you don't know Jesus.
Speaker 1: The most important prayer that you could pray today is to invite him into your heart. Just say, Jesus, I believe you died on the cross for my sins. Forgive me Come into my heart today and be Lord and savior of my life.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: That is the prayer that prepares you for eternity. And there is nothing, nothing more important than that. I always talk about my grandpa because he has such a great influence on my life.
Speaker 2: He didn't know how to pray Anna.
Speaker 1: He just said God, if you're there, God, if you're there, I need you. At nineteen years of age and God transformed his life. Well, there was a prayer line number on the screen. Prayer partners, you're standing by. If you prayed that prayer, call us.
Speaker 2: Let us know.
Speaker 1: We'd love to send you the Book of John. The Gospel of John is a great place to start. It's our free gift to you, and it's just our way of saying we love you. We're believing God to do great things in your life. I want to thank Pastor Carrick Butler for joining us today. Be sure you pick up a copy of his book. It's called Rhythm of Rest, God's Blueprint for a fulfilling Life. Is available now on all major platforms. You can also visit him online at kerk Butler dot com. Always make sure to follow us on all social media. Subscribe to you our YouTube channel for full episodes, exclusive content. Let us know how table Talk is touching your life. You can also listen to the Joni Table Talk podcast, available now on all major platforms. I still can't believe Dorothy watches Green TV.
Speaker 2: She does. Thank you so much for watching today. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 10: God bless you bout ye for today.
Speaker 6: Have you ever felt like there has to be more to your life but you can't quite figure out what it is or how to step into it. Today, Guess says that feeling isn't confusion, it's calling, and purpose isn't found by chasing success. It's discovered when you surrender to God. And she's here to discuss it today from her master class, Find Your Purpose. Welcome to Joni Table Talk. Friends from the Table. I'm your host, Rachel here with my beautiful class Dorothy Newton.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 7: I'm so happy to be here and I'm excited because I absolutely love our guests today.
Speaker 6: We absolutely love our guests. Today we have Nicole Crank with us. Welcome to Friends of the Table.
Speaker 13: I am so excited to be here because you guys are so easy to talk to the only problem with this show is.
Speaker 2: It's going to go by so fast.
Speaker 6: So Charlie, Rina blink, and it's going to be over. One of the things I love about you, Pastor Nicole, is you're constantly pouring out everything that God has poured into you. And I know something that you're excited about is your new master class about finding your purpose. What actually caused you to start doing that?
Speaker 13: Well, it's something really really holy. My staffed you to me, he said, you need another online master class and was like, okay, so let's check with our kind of mentorship groups. What do they want to dive into? And the topic came back purpose And so my team is so great, They're like, okay, the topic is purpose. We got into chat GPT, we printed some stuff off. We're going to just record it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Here you go. And I looked at it and just said I can't. I can't do that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I need to spend a minute.
Speaker 2: So like how long do you can record it? Next week?
Speaker 13: I said sure, because like I thought, sure, we just do that, got on my couch.
Speaker 2: And alone with the Lord and knew.
Speaker 13: Okay, I'm not going to be able to do this next week and it's going to take a while because the first question he asked me was as I was sitting there with him, like, Okay, what am I called to do? That's what we need to know. That's what everybody needs to know, like what are what are we called to do? What am I called to do? And the Lord just met me with you're asking the wrong question, and That's when I knew, Okay, this is going to be a minute. And I'm like, okay, so what's the question, because that is that's the question. And he said, it's not what am I called to do, it's whom I called to serve? And so like what am I called to do is like you know, you get ready in the morning. Everybodys got like get ready with me video?
Speaker 2: Yes, right, And that's us.
Speaker 13: It's us looking in a mirror looking at what am I called to do?
Speaker 2: It's about me.
Speaker 13: It's about my platform, how many followers I have on social media, the impact I'm going to have, the spotlight I might have, the platform you might give me, you know, the position, the title, the corner office. Like what am I called to do? God makes it about us, And nowhere in his word doesn't really make it about us, that's right, But it's about he said, the question is who are you called to serve?
Speaker 6: Do you think that's why so many people are stuck? Because I think you know, especially I mean I think every generation really not even just my generation, but they're asking, like, what's my purpose? What am I called to do? That's the question that every one is ultimately trying to figure out, and a lot of people just feel stuck.
Speaker 2: A million percent. I mean, how many times have we set goals?
Speaker 13: And one of my goal setting someone we set our goals, and I've learned once the goals are set, the next question is why.
Speaker 2: Right, Like my goal is I want to take a vacation to tity. Okay, why? And if we.
Speaker 13: Can't come up with why, we're kind of running an empty trail. I don't know, sounds cool, Okay, then we're never going to be happy when we get there.
Speaker 2: We're not going to work hard to get there.
Speaker 13: I always say that passion is the fuel that takes you to your goal. And if we have no why, we have no passion. And that's passion. Passion is related to purpose. When I walk through my masterclass, I take people through the four p's. We put them on a chart and it really helps us narrow and zero down to what really our purpose is. And they are passion, profession, prowess, like what you're good at, and purpose. And when you take the four of those and you kind of start narrowing in on it, it like gets clearer and clearer and clearer. It just takes an hour of our time to really narrow down and go, oh my gosh, it's kind of been here the whole time.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, Because I think that's the difficult part is I think everybody you could probably say, well, I feel called to this, but when thinking about whom I called to served, that's a much more difficult question to answer. So I would ask, like, practically, for people that are watching and they're saying I want to I want to figure that out for my life, like, what are some practical steps to doing that?
Speaker 13: Well, I think you just honed in on one because I in the Mastercross, I do the four pillars of purpose. But then I talk about the three confusions, and you just hit on one of them. It's like, well, I'm gifted to do this, Like Bursy, you were gifted to saying.
Speaker 2: That's not true. We have neither one of.
Speaker 6: My services at this at this sit down right now.
Speaker 2: That would be none of us, none of us in this room. So we're not going to form a girl man, got it? Okay, But that's good too.
Speaker 13: Sometimes knowing what you're not called to it's just as important as knowing what you are called to. But one of the three confusions that the enemy really tries to work on is what we're gifted at. It's like, well, I'm gifted at speaking, so obviously I should. And then we kind of start drawing conclusions from a gifting and a gifting. Your gift is not your purpose. Your gift is one of the vehicles that your purpose will write on.
Speaker 2: That is so good.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: I heard someone say once the meaning of life is to find your gift, but the purpose is to give it away.
Speaker 2: So tell us what.
Speaker 7: Is the difference between the gift and the purpose, because there is a difference.
Speaker 2: So I was in Disney World or so.
Speaker 13: We live in South Florida and we have the resident pass. We're at one of those parks, the one was Star Wars whatever that is, and we're in the Star Wars park and there is this guy with a camera in the uniform and he's taking pictures.
Speaker 2: Now, he could have.
Speaker 13: Very well been like next please, you're no, no, that is not his mo at all. They come up, He's like, okay, take the lightsaber. Oh, and you're going to do this any positions And he gets down and he crushed down with the camera. He is living his dream. Well, okay, so his gifting is taking pictures. But his gifting is also making people comfortable, and his gifting is bringing people into an environment and changing their environment. So he's these three giftings that makes his purpose a photographer at Disney World.
Speaker 2: Like, Okay, that's not a purpose. I don't want to be a photographer Disney World.
Speaker 13: Well, first of all, if you don't want to be a photographer Disney World, it's not your purpose. Now you know another thing you check out was that's not me. But he was totally living in his purpose. He was using three giftings at one time, not to take a picture of a person, but to transform somebody's reality and give them an experience. So one of the other confusions I talk about is partial prosperity versus purpose prosperity. What I mean by that is sometimes how we define success really matters. And if we don't know how we define success, I walk people through an exercise in that if we don't know what the definition of success is for us, we don't know when we're successful. So one of the things is haven't a definition for success in your life?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 13: So our definition of success if it's like hey having a million dollar hey having a Manhattan job, Hey having a corner office. There are people we call them down and out, and those are folks that kind of everybody recognize that needs help. But then there's another group called the up and out, and it's people who look like they are living the dream or have it all, but are totally empty on the inside. Why because they have partial prosperity, they don't have purpose prosperity. So they might be making the money or doing the job, or having the title or leading the organization, but they're not fulfilling their purpose. So actually, the guy at working at disney World has a better life than the guy with a Ferrari in.
Speaker 2: The corner office because he's living his purpose.
Speaker 6: Do you think that when people rely on their gifts only, that's when burnout occurs?
Speaker 2: Because you hear people it's good.
Speaker 6: You hear people that seemingly have it all, you know, like you talked about on the outside looking in success, the perfect family, the perfect life, the perfect job, but like they're empty.
Speaker 13: That is such a great question, and I would say there's a lot of answers, but I would say one answer would be, if we build it, we have to maintain it.
Speaker 2: So why do we get burnt out?
Speaker 13: If we build the success on the ladder of because you can put your ladder against a building and you can climb the ladder with people and history and challenge on your.
Speaker 2: Back and get to the top of the ladder.
Speaker 13: But if your ladders against the wrong building, that really doesn't do us any good, and we don't feel that fulfillment. So I think burnout comes from we built it, we have to maintain it versus if the lord doesn't build the house of labor's in vain. But if the lord builds the house, he's going to help the resource, He's going to help the sustenance.
Speaker 2: He's going to help refill us as we pour out. That's so good, Nicole.
Speaker 7: You know, there's some people watching who understand what the gift is, they know their purpose, but still they choose to do nothing because fear paralyzes them. What would you say to people who are watching who are just stuck and paralyzed in fear.
Speaker 13: That is such a perceptive question. I spent a few hours with somebody yesterday that is in that position. They are incredibly gifted, but for fear of hurting a family member's feelings, for fear of my success might mean somebody else feels less.
Speaker 2: Is that wild?
Speaker 13: But that's what the enemy does to us, Like, oh, if your success, your mom is not, your daddy's not going to be your sister, brother, spouse.
Speaker 2: Whomever, like, they're not going to be happy.
Speaker 13: If we're the people in your neighborhood, like your people in your neighborhood, the people you grow up. They'll let you reach a certain level, but if you go beyond that, suddenly you're hoity to Oh you think you're better than the rest of us, and we don't want to lose what we know. So wild thing about the brain is the brain really doesn't want to work that hard, and so anything new, Like I want to make a change, but that changes so hard because the brain would rather be uncomfortable in the familiar, uncomfortable in pain. So why do I keep dating guys who aren't going to treat me right? Because when you meet the guy you recognize, your brain recognizes the traits and says, oh, we know what's going to happen here, and this is familiar, So we're going to do.
Speaker 2: This in our subconscious.
Speaker 13: By the way, in one Peter, the Bible says, God takes us out of darkness into his marvelous light. The subconscious part of the brain is dark. I believe that's where the enemy plays. So he has this darkness playground that we really have to pray that God helps illuminate with his light. So we walked into this renewed light. And that's what I think you guys are doing here today. So we're making these subconscious decisions to stay familiar in pain versus saying, Okay, I know I don't want to do this at my core, but I know it's going to be better for me. I know it's going to be better for me because and then we have to set up those wins and why it is better. And then once we even on a list on a piece of paper, once we can see here's all the reasons why it's going to be better if I do succeed, and they might think less of themselves, but I'll be able to help them, I'll be able to help my family, I'll be able to bring an income, I'll be able to feel purpose, I won't feel depressed anymore. Depressed people a lot of times are full of fear of if I do step out, what if something bad happens.
Speaker 2: Yes, so there's no way to win.
Speaker 6: Do you think that the key then is a mindset shift.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 13: Tell me about So tell me about because you came to that yourself. So tell me about the mind shift set shift.
Speaker 2: You're thinking about.
Speaker 6: Well, I just think that, you know, if you don't think you can, you won't. And I think that if you're stuck in fear, they're never going to act. Always say it's easier to act your way into a feeling than it is to feel your way into an action. Yeah, And so I just think that probably what needs to change if you want to overcome the thing that's holding you back is telling your hell that you can.
Speaker 2: I love the holding you back.
Speaker 13: In the book I'm releasing breaking limiting beliefs, I talk about held identity and health identity is different than identity because our identity.
Speaker 2: Is who God creates to be.
Speaker 13: Our identity is who we are at our core. And we can wake up in our identity and after breakfast have a held identity of like we can wake up mom and like I am prepared for this day and I'm going to take care of the family. I don't even do my things, and by after breakfast we can feel like our health identity can be failure's parent. It's not real, it's not true, it's an experience, but it's what we feel at that moment, so we hold on. And then what happens when we're holding onto an identity Our brain filters everything through that identity. So even though we are mom and we're we're doing a pretty okay job, if we feel like failed parent. The problem is our health identity makes us act like failed parent. And then as we act like failed parent, we're making all our decisions based on what would a failed parent do, and the enemy helps us go down, down, down, and then we're like.
Speaker 2: I can't do this, I'm not o capable.
Speaker 13: And that's where people start having really desperate thoughts. It's because of my identity that the enemy has suggested to us. We've held onto because it feels right, versus stopping with that renewed mindset and saying, Okay, I feel like a failed parent, but God says that I can do all things through him, and I might not be able to do this by myself, but God said I can do it with him, So okay, God, You're gonna have to carry the weight right now because not so good at it, So carry the weight. You're the glory love for my head. Lift me off the ground and help me out, Jesus. And now that renewed mind, that mindset shift that you talked about, helps get us out of the darkness into that light. And now we start acting, We start living up to what God thinks of us instead of living down to what the enemy thinks of us.
Speaker 2: It's so good, so good.
Speaker 7: You know. I met this person once who she was in high school, she was a janitor at a hospital, and then fast forward she was a doctor at that same hospital. And her story was remarkable because you could see how you know, like and she wasn't a Christian at all, but she understood later that God had plans for her. Even though when she was in high school she was a janitor of that hospital, she couldn't see herself where she was you know where she is today as a doctor.
Speaker 2: Because I think.
Speaker 7: Sometimes God takes us on a journey, an unknown journey, and always should do and have to do is trust them so that you know life can be fulfilled. What would you say to people who are constantly in doubt, you know, which is different from fear, but they can't see the plans you know, and it's hard to trust when you don't know.
Speaker 2: What would you say to that?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 13: I love when you say that you can't see the plans, because Man has his plans and God directs his steps. Isaiah fifty five says, my ways are not your ways, My thoughts are not your thoughts, which sometimes I don't like thosether times I think, thank God, we're not thinking of the same Jesus, because I need you. But then to quote Einstein, and I'm not going to quote him right, but it's along the lines of if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree and a rabbit on its ability to swim, are they both failures? And the answer that is no, they're not failures. We just haven't put them in their right seat in their purpose. Fish swim, bunny, rabbits run in the grass. Your friend is a doctor and might have been a miserable janitor. It actually reminds me of a story of a gentleman who worked at Starbucks.
Speaker 2: He was a janitor at Starbucks, and he was.
Speaker 13: A really terrible janitor because the store was dirty because he was so busy talking to all the people. So they took him from janitor. They put him behind the counter. Everybody loved him so much they came to the store for him. But he was terrible making coffee because he took too long forgot their orders, so that they kept moving around.
Speaker 2: With positions, and the dude fit nowhere right.
Speaker 13: So you could feel like a failure because you don't fit in your current environment. But maybe it's because you were not created for this time. Maybe God created you for a future that you haven't seen yet. And so this guy, they finally realize, he's great with the customers.
Speaker 2: How do we task him the customers.
Speaker 13: He remembered their birthdays, he knew all their names, he knew all their kids' names. So they put him his head of customer experience, over the store, over the district, over the region, and he became the vice president of customer experience at Starbucks. Dude was a janitor. The enemy will tell us you can't even be a janitor. You are such a failure, you can't even sweep a floor. Versus you are such a success in the wrong lane that you're called to be a vice president of a huge organization, but you're too busy trying to get good at sweeping a floor. So when things aren't working out, sometimes it's like, Okay, check it off the list. Maybe this isn't my thing, right, So what is I think?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that's encouraging because maybe it's just that you're not in the right place. It doesn't mean that you're a failure. It just means that God's got something different for you.
Speaker 13: And there's the four stages of learning, right, So the four stages of learning. The first stage of learning is I don't know what I don't know, and that's where the brain freaks out and we have to learn to give ourselves egr extra grace required anytime we do something new. I have a two year old grandson. His name is Lennox, and he is the cutest thing on a planet.
Speaker 2: Now. He still wears a diaper and he messes his diaper up on a regular basis. Nobody's mad about it. Nobody is mad about it. Now. If I did the exact same thing.
Speaker 6: We would have a problem.
Speaker 13: We would have a problem, right Why Because I've had the time to figure it out. He doesn't even know what he doesn't know right now, he doesn't even know he's not supposed to use the bathroom like that. But then we walk through the other stages of learning. So sometimes when we don't know what we don't know to bring reasonists and like I don't want to go there, I don't know what happening over there. You just say, okay, give yourself some grace, give your time, Like, well, I tried to do customer relations with Starbucks and I don't know if I'm.
Speaker 2: Any good at that either.
Speaker 13: Give you give yourself a second to learn it, practice it, hone your skills, develop your craft. Because even if you have a gift, if you have a vocal gift, but that gift is not trained, not harness, you don't get to release it on the world in a place where other.
Speaker 2: People get to hear it.
Speaker 6: I love that you guys, stay tuned with us. Will be right back after this break with more from Pastor nickel Crank.
Speaker 11: Take a moment find yourself Deeper connection starts with understanding. Every language helps you discover the art of relating to others, your strengths, your weaknesses in detailed summary to bring you closer to those around you. Everyone wants to be understood. Find the connection that you've been missing. Get your results at life languages dot com.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to Prints from the Table. We're here with pastor Nicole Krank discussing her masterclass Buying Your Purpose, and I love one of the things that you talk about is that Genesis actually gives us a blueprint for purpose. Can you share about that?
Speaker 13: That is the coolest thing about God is he doesn't leave us in the dark, like all the framework is there, we just got to find it. And the very first thing he told us to do as humans is Genesis one twenty seven. He's like, Okay, here's the five things you need to do. It says, be fruitful, multiply, subdo the earth, replenish it, and have dominion. So I was like, oh my gosh, here's a blueprint. And I'm like, okay, I know what this means before I fruitful got it, multiply got it.
Speaker 2: So I thought I had it, and there was just this.
Speaker 13: Kind of nagging feeling like you better check that out a little bit. So I went back to the original language and I started looking at the word fruitful and figured out I don't know what the word fruitful meant at all. I thought fruitful meant bear fruit. It turns out in the original language it means be strong enough to bear fruit. It means nourish yourself, get fertilized, be strong. So like that's why the Bible tells us, you know, first thing in the morning, early, will I seek thee?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 13: That's becoming fruitful, that's being nice enough to see other people, because if I don't see Jesus, you don't want to see me. Eat right, it's recenter. It's renewing our mind like you were talking about earlier. It gives us our mindset, it gives us our heart, it helps us reflect Jesus, so we're strong enough to actually bear fruit.
Speaker 2: And then the next thing is multiply.
Speaker 6: So you're telling me to have more babies.
Speaker 2: I would love for you to have more babies. Yeah, And then talk my daughter and love into it.
Speaker 6: We have this thing where I go and then she goes, no, I tag.
Speaker 2: You're it so top top multiply, multiply.
Speaker 13: But in the multiplication, you know you would think fruitful with me mu apply, but it doesn't. It means be strong enough to multiply, and then multiply. Multiplication is a natural offset of being fruitful. So it's a command and it's a natural next step. You're fruitful. What does a tree do? It bears fruit? If you open a piece of fruit, what does have inside seed? If you plant the seed, you bear more fruit, so you get multiply. And then it was subdue the earth. I was like, subdu I'm a mo I got you kids, clean it up, actorate. But it doesn't mean that at all. It means organized. It means set right. So it means, okay, don't use your mom boys, but instead look at the world around and put my world in order. So for me, it might mean if subdue might mean a clean up my closet, subdo might mean put my kitchen in order.
Speaker 2: Subdo you might mean clean up my thinking every day.
Speaker 13: Subdue can mean something a little bit different. But it's not chop chop, it's put things in order.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 13: And then after we subdue the earth, now we replenish and replenished me has always meant mycomes sifteeth. Can I have a little more like replenish my cop fill me up, lord, But replenish doesn't mean us at all. That's fruitful. We've got fruitful, so we're full. Replenished means go into other spaces and fill them up. Go to a hurting friend, have an ear, Yes, go to a place where work is crazy, and be the calm, be the peace. So we replenish the earth that way. And then last thing is have dominion.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm like, I got this dominion.
Speaker 13: No, we're in my space, except for have dominion means to rule with grace. It means to set direction, but not come in as an iron fist, but instead one that takes authority of God and the earth for the things of God, but in a way that is loving, gentle kind, with empathy and compassion.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Nicole.
Speaker 7: One of the best ways that we can find our gifts and understand what that purpose is. It's to say Christ in our lives.
Speaker 9: Would you lead us.
Speaker 2: In a salvation prayer? We will repeat after you. Please.
Speaker 13: You know I probably wouldn't be here today. No, I'm going to change that line. I wouldn't be here today if Jesus was not Lord of my life.
Speaker 2: When I was in.
Speaker 13: Fourth grade, I was molested and Jesus became my Lord and savior and I would not have survived the wrath of the other if I didn't have Jesus. So the something, there's something missing in my life. That something is Jesus, and all we have to do is put him first in our life, admit that we can't live without him. We're going to do an oral contract. It's called prayer, and just repeat these words after me. Dear God, God, I need you, I need you to lead my life, to.
Speaker 6: Lead my life.
Speaker 2: I'm a sinner.
Speaker 6: I'm a sinner that is now, that is now, saved by grace, saved by grace you gave Jesus. You gave Jesus to die for me, to die for me so.
Speaker 13: That I can live for you, so that I can live for you.
Speaker 2: I accept you.
Speaker 13: I accept you as my lord, and say as my Lord and savor in Jesus name.
Speaker 2: And Jesus name. Amen.
Speaker 7: Amen, Thank you. Pastor Nicole, thank you so much. If you prayed that prayer, we want to say Welcome, Welcome to the family of God. Please let us know about your decision by calling us at one eight hundred three two nine zero zero two nine.
Speaker 2: As you a free gift to you, we will.
Speaker 7: Send you a copy of the Book of John to help you grow in your new journey of faith.
Speaker 6: We're so excited for everyone that prayed that prayer. Welcome, as Dorothy said, to the family of God. That's the best decision that you'll ever make. And I know that the Lord transformed your life. And look at everything you're doing to help other people. Why do you think, Nicole? It's it feels like oftentimes the thing that we know we're called to do our purpose, who were called to serve, always feels like the hardest thing to do.
Speaker 13: That's one of the clearest ways. And people ask, you know, is this the Lord? Am I supposed to do this? A lot of times I'll ask him is this something you want to do with They're like yes, And then I'm like, then maybe not, because the Lord isn't pleased unless we're walking by faith. Right, It says in Hebrews. Without faith, it's impossible to please God. What does faith mean? Faith means I don't feel capable. I don't feel like I'm the right choice. I feel like God's making a mistake by choosing me. That means we usually don't want to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So when.
Speaker 13: Somebody says and when somebody says, this is God for my life, I say, do you want to do it?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 13: Probably God, because we don't feel like we're enough to fill it. Up.
Speaker 2: We know we need God to do it with us.
Speaker 6: What would you say to the person that's in that place right now to encourage them to move forward and everything that God has called them to do.
Speaker 13: I would say, Baby, you ain't enough. You ain't never been enough, You ain't never going to be enough, and it's okay. You weren't created to be enough. You were not created to be whole without Jesus. God wants you to want him more than song I want you to want me. God wants you to want him. He needs you to need him. He loves you. He loves you when you messed up. He loves you. He loved you before the getting of the earth. He loves you on your worst day. He loves you when you don't love yourself, and he loves you when you feel like nobody else loves you. He did not change his mind and you were created for this. So I know you don't feel capable or prepared. God just want you to step out and say, Okay, God, I trust you and I'm going to step into this.
Speaker 6: I know so many of you guys have been encouraged by Pastor Nicole talking about purpose for those that are interested and getting involved in your master class. How can they sign up?
Speaker 13: Just go to nicolecrank dot com forward slash Purpose.
Speaker 2: It's seven sessions.
Speaker 13: Some of them are short at fifteen minutes, some of as long as like thirty. Comes with a little workbook to help work you through those steps. And then when you finish the class, you have to send me what.
Speaker 2: You know is your purpose, because I almost celebrate it with you.
Speaker 6: I believe so many people today are going to find their purpose, and I encourage you. We barely scratch the surface. So if you want to dig deeper, you want to learn more, You want to discover what the Lord has called you to do, and you want somebody to help you figure that all out, because that is a really tall order. Pastor Nicole is the perfect person to do that. Hey, you guys are out of time today, but I want you to remember your life is not an accident. You were created on purpose for a purpose. And if you're still breathing, God is not finished with your story. He's inviting you right now to step into the fullness of what He's called you too. If you need prayer today, please call our tool free number one eight one hundred three two nine zero zero two nine. Our prayer partners are standing by, ready to pray and agree with you. And I want to thank Pastor Nicole for joining us today. As we said, be sure to check out her masterclass find your purpose for where you can visit her online at Nicolecrank dot com. As always, make sure to follow us on social media, subscribe to our YouTube channel, and listen to the Joni Table Talk podcast, available now on all major platforms. Thank you so much for joining us today. We'll see you next time. Bye bye for today.