Speaker 1: Propa. You got Propa AC. I feel like AC would not be called AC in England for some reason. It's called air con air con.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. You put the air con on aircon. Should have should have had an air conditioning company in the UK. Some air con and Young Jeezy.
Speaker 3: Okay, Young Jeezy getting involved in air conditioning sounds.
Speaker 2: They team up for air con by Young Jeezy. If you need air conditioning, but you only trust Young Jeezy the snowman. Oh yeah, hey it works on a bunch of works on. If you want that burger, call it air con and Young Jesus.
Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, p fifty, Episode four of Trny's I Gotta Stay production of My Heartbreak video. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America share consciousness. And it is Thursday, August eighth, twenty twenty four. Yeah eight two four, Good buddy Texans. It's your day for what you know?
Speaker 2: What I hear is kind of like how y'all talk about in about in and out. But it's National Waterburger Day. Yeah, National CBD Day for those who you know ain't ready for that, TAC National Dollar Day, National Frozen you want to get it, baby. As long as we're on the same side raising the magical plant that is cannabis, we're good. National Frozen Custard Day. Oh shit, that's a very uh that's a good frozen custer. Isn't that like in New Jersey Philadelphia area? I think frozen Custer?
Speaker 3: Gay?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Actually haven't had my first cone Custer yet, but oh, brothers, I got my eye on you are.
Speaker 2: It's also Global Sleep under the Stars Night and National Mochi Day and National Pickleball Day. Lot there we got y's National Pickleball Day? Are there pickleball specific sneakers? You know what I mean? Like, I feel like there's always they're gonna be like, well, y'all need to Oh yeah, wow, people are making I'm like, what is a pickleball sneaker? Anyway? Are they?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 2: They look like they like elderly? Okay, Like why couldn't you use a tennis shoe to play? You know what I mean? Yeah? No, it's a whole different thing. Man. You're doing.
Speaker 1: Whaler consumer is a baby? Yeah yeah that shoot, you need a sneaker. Shoe doesn't require much movement anyways. My name is Jack O'Brien, AKA.
Speaker 2: I like Hawking.
Speaker 1: I'm insane and posing with my barrow plane. It's my bearrow plane. Lugers meets and worms and brain and bikes are on my barrow plane.
Speaker 2: It's my bearrow plane.
Speaker 1: That one's courtesy of devnol On. They scored with an assist from House on Salad. And when I first saw it, I did not realize it was about r FK. Because I see Hawking and I think of another celebrity from this summer, you know it. Sometimes it just feels like the universe is random word associating, you know, right, And I start to suspect that I'm in a coma and my brain is just like failing at producing a coherent dream right of reality. Yeah, it's just like Hawk. And then like before we start recording, Hawk came up like three more times in our conversation. I'm just saying, you are all a hallucination in my brain. Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Gray Miles Coach.
Speaker 4: To Couch so f Cushion Banger to the Core round again on the news Cycle.
Speaker 2: That's your.
Speaker 4: Look at this guy. He's a couch violator, So funny bas couch violator, so fundy Basi.
Speaker 2: Okay, shout out XT three R zero on the discord. You know, the the the light, the energy on the discord for the aka's. I know when the when the vibes are up because there's seven thousand akas in there, and that's that's like my barometer for what how people are doing. So I love to see the enthusiasm and I love the continued amazing akas. Yeah, amazing. Well, thank you folks, keep them coming. Miles.
Speaker 1: We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a hilarious writer and comedian, Yes, who produces and co hosts the great podcast Lady to Lady, Please welcome back to the show.
Speaker 2: It's Test Barker.
Speaker 3: My god, by thank you me.
Speaker 2: I gotta thank you for coming back, for coming back. Thank you. You know.
Speaker 3: I have to tell you, guys, so you were singing your songs. They made the one up for myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, please.
Speaker 3: Do put the wine in the cocain that you drink it all up. You put the wine in the cocain that you laugh at your own joke.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: You got to you got to you got to you can you are drinking wine out of a coconut right now?
Speaker 2: Always? Yeah? Any? Yeah, yeah, of course, of course that is Oh my god, gotta haven. How are you doing. How have you been?
Speaker 3: It's been well, I've been well, great to be here.
Speaker 2: Is your You have air conditioning at your house?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got uh well yeah, we have air conditioning in my office, which is great. And then we have a really strong like window unit.
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 3: I kind of feel like those work well as long as you can stay in that like two foot rabius.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, if you're directly in front of it. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, you're good, You're good, You're good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I only asked because I recently found out what the price of free on is, and that my eyes rolled back into my head and I was debating whether I need air conditioning in the summer heat in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: But were you going to have to buy your own free on?
Speaker 2: No, something was happening with air conditioning. And then the person came and was like, yeah, you need like four pounds of free on. I'm like, it's a pound of free on? What could that be?
Speaker 1: Like? Would that possibly cost Michael twelve dollars yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: They're like, you fool. But anyway, I just had a bit of stick or shock recently, and Jack, you did prepare me. You're like, I don't know if you ever had anything happen in your air conditioning.
Speaker 1: We just had the same exact thing happen.
Speaker 2: It's not good. Yeah, no way, no, my good man. What is it?
Speaker 3: But I didn't know it was sold by the pound? First of all, I didn't either.
Speaker 2: I just thought, you know, I figured like, oh, yeah, what do you bring a little jug of it over and you go blook, look look book book there not true at all. It's like a gas or whatever. But uh yeah, I don't I don't even want to say what I was charged because I feel like zeit. Gangs are like, bro, you got taken leave Yeah, yeah, we'll see. I'm I'm I'm asking people I know privately discreetly because I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, get rid of when we're off you know what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah I will.
Speaker 1: It's basically the same per pounds rate as cocaine, so you might as well just buy.
Speaker 2: Just about take away yeah cocaine. Yeah. I can run to best Buy where there's in there and just dead sprint all the way and just look at all the TVs.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, dude, don't thinking about buying these, dude, Yeah, just just give me know the second to stare at this floral display image you put on this four K TV.
Speaker 1: All right, Tess, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of the things that we're talking about today. We're gonna talk about that Trump tweet truth whatever you know, post on truth where he's just like writing fan fiction at this point about like he's like what if like Biden comes to the DNC, but like he wants to, he wants it back, and he's actually the guy that I'm running against again, because that's what my brain is craving right now.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: It just feels like a little desperate seems to be the operative word. We were talking before we started recording about how that was the ultimate insult in middle school. Was like, oh my god, he is so desperate, even though we didn't know what that meant. This is what it means. Yeah, yeah, is somebody just trying to make a thing happen. Oh, it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen for me.
Speaker 2: It feels like the same thing, like the inciting incident of like Liar Liar.
Speaker 6: When the kids like I wish neph for one day, my dad couldn't kill a lie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then Blue like it's like, I get that's what you want so bad, but it's only in a movie where that thing would actually happen.
Speaker 3: Right right, yeah, it does. That's the only word for him right now is desperate because it feels like the one thing he had going for him was attention and that just got taken away from him. And he's over there like right right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean he had a really big thing going for him and that he was running for president against Joe Biden, whose brain was falling apart before our very eyes. And now he doesn't have that very big thing going for him. Nope, And it seems to be not like he seems to be having a hard time with it.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk about that. We'll talk about other ways that they are coping, just like roasting walls and Harris, So we'll talk about that. We'll also talk about the Taylor Swift of it all. Because the Republicans are so on edge about Taylor Swift. They're hallucinating. Yes, they're so on edge that Taylor Swift is going to endorse Kamala Harris, that they are hallucinating. Which was the Shakespeare person who is the character who's like mad hallucinating at then Lady Macbeth? Is it Macbeth? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I'm saying like it feels like like Shakespeare and like who goes there? Taylor Swift? Just everything is Taylor Swift right now? Is not great?
Speaker 1: Anyways, all of that plenty more. But first test, we do like task our guess, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: I was searching for Bow's stores near me because I have had these are not the headphones I'm talking about, but I've had the same pair of Bose headphones for like ten years. And you know the like the circle part that touches.
Speaker 2: Your ear like padded padded.
Speaker 3: Part, Yeah, cup, the ear cup? Is that what technical my ear cup?
Speaker 2: Or I don't know, That's what I'm saying to So we find common ground. Yeah yeah, circle part e your cup?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and one I've already replaced those and rather than buy a new set of headphones. I'm looking to get them replaced again. Very reticent to send money on technology anything like that. I really like to repair things.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Is our stores still a thing? Are they still? I don't.
Speaker 3: There's none like super close to me, but there's one in the Century City mall. So now I have to decide whether I want to be frugal and go to the Century City malla.
Speaker 2: Right, but what you spend in gas to get to Century City does that offset the savings? Right? Then? The parking if you p at Century City.
Speaker 3: And time work, Yeah, yeah, because it's.
Speaker 2: Like only feel like every time I've been there, I'm like, oh yeah, I can get it validate And they're like, no one validates here. Yeah, we're pricing people out of parking here. That's what this is for. It's so those who can afford to come here.
Speaker 3: Come now, we are a city that is just a mall. You think we validate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly right yeah right. Someone says they live in Century City, they're squatting at Macy's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm impressed that bows are still vibing. Bose must not have sold out to private equity because they don't really have like a great reason to still exist. I mean they I guess they do.
Speaker 3: Know they're that's that's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, initiate them.
Speaker 1: With like sharper image for some reason. But maybe I just like never got onto the bows gang. Dude, they have they I know, I'm pretty sure they produced like all kinds of interesting technologies. Like I'm pretty sure one of the things that stabilizes.
Speaker 2: Like truck like truck driver like seats, like for like long haul trucking, that like vibration absorption system was designed by boats.
Speaker 1: They're just like all vibrations. They're anything involving vibes.
Speaker 3: That's a great cash phrase, but it both it sounds like they do need to sexy up their image a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, like we get vibes because it sounds it's truck or seat vibrations.
Speaker 2: If you look at Bo's the ride system too, like they have like their full on being like yeah, dude, we create like fucking seats for your truck, like because they will not vibrate at all anyway.
Speaker 3: Do I want fixing in my headphones?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. What do you got? QC thirty Five's exactly, yeah, rocking q Q thirty fives. Yeah, I'm looking at it ear cushion kit right now. It's thirty four bucks.
Speaker 3: See that's such a better deal than whatever, a couple hundred bucks hard Wow, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, fine, Yeah you got an over there, bozk c K okay, all right yeah yeah, yeah, you're all right. I just need to know, do you know what you're working with? How long is that cable? Two meters? Yeah? You got a two meter on the QC thirty five? Yeah, ear cushion kit. Yeah, yeah, got that we got.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get fucking roasted by Bo's fanboys by the way, for being like bone I think I I think I'm the bows fan've been.
Speaker 2: I've been roasted, folks. You got to that you're going to get from us. Yeah, Because there's this, like there's just this really cool video where they made this like Lexus with a suspension system where like you could not feel like it was going through like the rocky like speed bumps, and inside the cabin you thought you were just driving on just on ice. It was so smooth. But like that, I'm pretty sure that technology gave way to like this truck seat technology because everyone's like this is prohibitively expensive, and it could do it could like hop over a speed bump too. Anyway, I'll show you this video. It's pretty dope, and that's what I want. I want cars that can just fly over speed bumps. Person. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I'm here for.
Speaker 3: My from a stunt queen, that's what.
Speaker 2: What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Underrated? I'm going to say both, and that I'll often be listening to my bows on the La Metro because I love the trains in Los Angeles, always telling people to take the trains. They're lovely. You know, certainly you have to live like among the routes, but it's so much more relaxing than being in traffic. If you got to go downtown and you take a car, you're full. The train will get anywhere. You can have a nice like city experience walking around. You can read your book right in your notebook, do whatever you gotta do. It's not gonna depend what time you're going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, fun frequently yeah, love yeah. Yeah, it's definitely like it's the one thing you hope for with the La Metro is like for it to like you said, like, what about for people who don't live like directly near like a metro station, but then a lot of time they have like a lot of parking or whatever. But yeah, I know that's like the one thing that makes it a little bit difficult. And also like the Nimbi stuffhere, people like I don't want the metro station to come through my part of the city.
Speaker 3: Of course the butt here tell me you do. And also if I can just go step further, I hope everyone else our Los Angeles listeners knows about the metro micro Yeah, yeah, zalve uber van. The uber van is what a dollar Yeah, oh, come get.
Speaker 2: You like your house exactly. It pulls up like where do you want to go? Yeah yeah, like as long as it's in this like small delivery radius, like we're we're good to go. Yeah yeah, Wait what is it?
Speaker 1: It's a van that will just take you to the metrics like micro transit, but it's basically like a sprinter van that has a bunch of seats in it and they'll take you.
Speaker 2: Like you can just be like, hey, I need to get over here, and they're like yeah, damn.
Speaker 3: You could like reserve a ride and it'll text you when the guy's closed and like a dude in a van. It's just like hey, and he just like takes you.
Speaker 2: Shady says micro on the bus, So it's not like you just some dude shows them like hey, right, and you're like yeah, hey, uh train station Like sure, And if I ever start leaving my house again, I might have to take advantage of that. That's pretty good. Aren't your kids into trains yet? They don't. They don't like like big vehicle type things like they have a train face.
Speaker 1: They do like trains, but we just don't have that many reasons to go downtown, like there's school and like all those things. But I'm gonna I'm gonna start taking them on the on the La Metro for sure.
Speaker 3: With kids too. If the other train I love that I recommend is the surf Liner if you want.
Speaker 2: We've done the surf Liner for sure. That's beautiful. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We went down to Sandy, San Diego and San Diego back up again.
Speaker 2: It was a blast. What is something do you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go Espresso Martini's.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have been hearing those just like ambiently people talk about Espresso Martini's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lately, I feel like they're very hot right now. They're all the rage if you've got to get your booze and your caffeine on at the same time.
Speaker 2: Right I'm like an old glass year red Bull vogas.
Speaker 3: That's the thing. I'm like an old crusty millennial, Like nothing's gonna top a vocable for me. Like if I need to give me a vocable like cut the ship, don't put it in a Martini glass like it's business.
Speaker 2: Exactly put it.
Speaker 1: I feel like when I picture a red Bull vug I'm picturing it in a plastic cup, like straight up, like one of those songs plastic cups, you know, the one in your hotel, Yes.
Speaker 2: Exactly, the one by exactly with the sleeve still on Put the plastic sleeves still on it. You drink it, and I can use it twice because it eats away at the plastic. Yeah, I don't think. In my mind, I'm like, have I ever seen a vodka red Bull like in a fancy highball glass or something like that. I just feel like it's almost like the bartender is like, dude, I know you're not about presentation if you're asking for this, so here, it's literally both things you asked for. Thank you.
Speaker 3: It's the people's drink, Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: It's the people's right or the people exactly, exactly. All right, we are going to take a quick break and then we're going to come back and we're going to talk about some news. We'll be right back, and we're back. And I just I thought this was notable that it feels, you know, it's a one off kind of but like we've been talking about how Trump has been having a difficult time dealing with the reality that Kamala Harris is now who is running against and it is no longer Joe Biden, And he had a post yesterday that just felt.
Speaker 2: Like desperation incarnate. So I just want to just want to.
Speaker 1: Read it real quick, because it seems it seems like he's trying to hype Joe Biden up into doing a January sixth, Like it feels like it feels like this is a post where the audience, the intended audience is Joe Biden. He says, what are the chances that crooked Joe Biden, the worst president in the history of the US, whose presidency was unconstitutionally stolen from him by Kama Blah Karakussein Obama, crazy, Nancy Pelosi, shifty, Adam Schiff, crying, Chuck Schumer, and others on the lunatic left crashes. Okay, so that was a big aside, But what are the chances that Biden crashes the Democratic National Convention and tries to take back the nomination? Capitalized for some reason beginning with challenging me to another debate, that's the one that gets me so much. He's like, let's do that again. When I was louder, when he just kept like kind of fading off, like he didn't know where he was. Then he feels that he made a historically tragic mistake by handing over the US presidency a coup to the people in the world he most hates, and he wants it back now. So that last part, yeah, it feels like he has fully shifted into a tense that is like straight up fiction writing, right, He's like now writing the character of Joe Biden and being like that he made a historically tragic mistake by handing over the US presidency a kupe to the people in the world he most hates, and he wants it back now.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. He went third person omniscient third person omniscient like log line movie pitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And in this fiction that he's created by the way Kamala has won, right, he's not even giving himself like the benefit of the doubt that he might win this election.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it's very much like I can't beat her, so here's what should happen. Yeah, right, Also, like so clear you are so scared of a debate when your first part of the fantasy is like, not only does he come back, but the first thing he says is I want Trump in a debate.
Speaker 1: He's like exactly, and that would be I come through the wall, like I kick it down like the kool aid man and the.
Speaker 2: Kool aid Man three ks. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's hard to tell if this is if he like hopes this is gonna happen, if he is and has just like left earth enough to think he can like will it, or if he believes this is what's going to happen, because that's what he would do if someone ever tried to get him to like back out of a position of power like that. A lot of people drew attention to the idea of like what Biden just did, Like you couldn't possibly imagine Trump doing that, And this is just like the best example of that where he is now like, so what Biden just did doesn't make any sense because he like willingly gave up power.
Speaker 2: So I would never let that happen. My let me just pitch something to you guys, my theory of what's going on. He's going to do a Jen six and he's big mad. He is big mad. I mean, I could you know if the Republicans were ever in a place that they could have ousted Trump, I could see Trump doing this, But the fact is he has like he fully control the party, so obviously nothing like that would have ever happened unless you know, I don't know, I don't even know how they could have ever done it, unless maybe the twenty fifth Amendment was maybe the closest time you could have seen Republicans be like, I think we could have the power to unseat this guy. But again, not no, no, no, anything about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and not to mix lunatic metaphors, but he is the worm in the Republican brain.
Speaker 2: Yes right, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And also I don't know if it's the flex he thinks it is. I know he's trying to be racist and just misspelled Kamalo's name. But when you're the guy that looks not so lucid, I don't know if misspelling all.
Speaker 1: The time, Yeah, you think it wah like feels like something that he might say accidentally because he does feel like he's just getting older by the day, like a yeah, like a president, which is great, great for him, Like I'm proud of him finally aging like a president, you know, because when he was in office he barely aged at all, with the first president to ever like just not let it get.
Speaker 2: To him at all, because yeah, but okay, he now does seem to be noticeably aging. The bla thing, it just doesn't hit at all. Like the only room where if someone calls something blah is like if like Anna Wintur was describing somebody trench, she's like quite blah to mean, they're like, oh shit, I'm not offended, it's just blah. But the Republicans who have been saying vile ship like the most out there rhetoric to just call something blood's like no that these people have been sniffing cocaine and you're like, what if we had like a diet coke to get our heart rate up. It's like, no, bro, we're fully cooked off the amphetamines.
Speaker 1: The fact that he can't possibly imagine anyone willfully giving a power like just put another reason that if he wins this election, like, we are so fucked because his brain is deteriorating before our eyes. And he is also never going to give up power, ever going to give up power. Like so it's I don't know, it just drives home another reason why seems like it would be bad if Donald Trump won the next election.
Speaker 3: For almost ten years now, I guess it's been driving me crazy. Are there this many people that are not bothered by having a president who doesn't know what a proper noun is? Like it drives How do you someone who has been the president of the United States doesn't know that you don't capitalize world?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right right, yeah, it's it's vibe. It's all vibes with me. Yeah, it's oh, ooh, I want the nominationist something I want. So I'm gonna make that fancy and call them capital and nomination. Get the the nomination. But like to your point, Jack of like this guy is not like he's living in a fantasy world and has to win by any means necessary. I just do want to point out that while the vibes are up for Democrats Trump, remember, dude, this guy is fighting for his fucking life in this election, you know what I mean. It's not just sort of like all the fantasies from like the like the right wing, like existentially, for Trump he has to be president or else, so many fucking legal doors potentially might open further that he doesn't want. And so I just want to remember, like when he was in Georgian and it's like I just want to shout out the freedom fighting pit bulls that we have on the Georgia election Board. Well, on Wednesday or maybe Tuesday, the Georgia State Election Board, they pushed through new rules that basically make it like gives the authority of county officials to refuse to sertify election results. The thing that we're like I've been talking about a lot this week is like that's gonna be one of their big strategies this time, is just to hold up the certification of these elections. So this like gives them new powers where they can like ask for more materials, like they can there's like more weight to their decisions like if they want to sign off on a vote count or of their ability to refuse. So these like these things are happening like in many states. So you know, the it's it's gonna the fight will be there. There's gonna be right.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think there's any question that there's go. We are in I think the beginning of bac three of a Greek tragedy. It's just like how many is it just gonna be his wings that melt? Or is the entire empire about to burn down? I mean, you're right, this will go to whatever happens in this election, he won't put then it's gonna go until there's absolute decimation everywhere, and it's just a matter of who's who's who gets burned by that decimation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we I mean I am to remember the two thousand election when there was some question about Florida votes and there was a recount, and it basically came down to like they were like, all right, we're gonna like they stormed a vote counting center, like a bunch of people in like Brooks Brothers.
Speaker 2: It was called the Brooks Brothers Riot.
Speaker 1: Roger Stone like helped organize it and that was one of the things that got them to stop the recount.
Speaker 2: They were like, stop the count. It worked.
Speaker 1: They stopped the recount and the Supreme Court gave it to Bush at that point, and you know, a later recount said that Bush had the votes, but like it has happened before that, it was like arbitrary and just like because they had the Supreme Court justices they needed, they were able to swing the election. So it's not unprecedent like we could see the election overturned or you know, the election given to him because they have the Supreme Court justices they need.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, so I think the.
Speaker 3: Terrifying truth is just constantly being said to us visa vi these kind of posts where he's giving like sour patch kid names, yeah, the Democratic Party, and so it's like and like, I think there's this dissonance that we all have sort of of like how absurd it is versus like the apps that stark truth that you're just talking about. Yea hard reckon with those two things at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're like the guy who's just called Kama Blah. It's like has an army of sycophants and people that are like just off election conspiracies, ready to bring down the electoral process. Oh he does, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Did you mean garbage pale kids, because that's so funny. I bet he is.
Speaker 1: Influenced by garbage pale kids, he really does.
Speaker 2: Like that is.
Speaker 1: The format of all his nicknames, like snotty Scottie from you know.
Speaker 2: Right, and then there's stinky Steve. Yeah, but how are.
Speaker 1: They dealing on the vibes front Miles.
Speaker 2: The vibes are fantastic if you hate the Republicans, I would say so. Like again, there's just a lot of a lot of swatt in that things, a lot of grasping at straws vapors to try and get something that sticks. Kevin McCarthy was like, I don't know about Tim Walls. He is so radical, it's it's it's wild. People don't see this. He's basically the Bernie Sanders of Congress. That's what he said. He's I was like, the Bernie Sanders is he is Bernie Sanders, not in Congress. This Kevin McCarthy know the difference between the House of Representatives and this never mind, Yeah whatever, you were a speaker, maybe meant of the House either way. That's where that went. And he was like, all right, Kevin McCarthy, thanks for that. Next Trump is now like he called into Fox and Friends and a little less focused on her race and just now just saying things like how she doesn't want to answer questions. This is him calling in again being like, oh, yeah, yeah, I hear she's real bad. No, I mean pretty close. He's like, what, I can't do race stuff. Okay, I hear she's stinky the media.
Speaker 5: Outside of your people, of course, but the media is so they're trying to build her up to the next Margaret Thatcher liberal version, and I don't believe it's going to happen. I hear she's hasn't taken one interview. She would never do an interview like this that I can get with any network. She doesn't do interviews because she can't answer questions. I don't know how she debates. He hears she's sort of a nasty person, but not a good debater. But we'll see, because we'll be debating her, I guess in the pretty dear future. It's going to be announced fairly soon, but we'll be debating her. I'd like to see it on Fox by the way I would like to see it. My preference would be Fox, but we have to debate.
Speaker 2: Do you have an announcements Like do you have an annaunci? He's like no, no, no, but it will be happening in about a couple of weeks, you know, doing the same Trump thing. So I've heard she's sort of a nasty person. Was that scathing line of attack just sort of like just sort of a nasty person?
Speaker 3: He's sort of nasty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not a full on nasty, but sort of then like so like acting like he there's no media available of her that he just hears that, like she's a nasty person, Like he's never seen her or met her before. They're like all.
Speaker 3: Of the internet hasn't just been her, like with Zinger, like yeah, chism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear she's brat. So there's that also, which is bad. I think that's a bad thing. And I think Chappelle Rohane I believe is that artist said something about Tim Walls being dad vibes or so. I don't know anyway, but on Trump's like campaign account at Trump war Room, they're like just posting like screencat like just video of her greeting a crowd at like the first rally that happened with her and Tim Walls or just like it's her at the podium. It says Kamala like parent parentheses cringe. Good evening, hah, good evening, good evening, ha ha, good evening everyone, good evening.
Speaker 1: And there and that was her whole speech and that's not taken out of context at all. And then she says good night. Right, They're just they're just they're just showing someone I don't again because I know people are not as enthusiastic at the Trump rallies anymore.
Speaker 2: Where you have to you have to contend with you was being like, ah, they're like all right, good evening, Oh yeah, yeah, wow, good evening. Hey everyone a raucous crowd. You're like, what is this is? Cringe? Dude, She's all like good evening. A bunch of times, is she all right? Okay? And while Tim or while Kamala and Tim Walls were talking to like twelve thousand people at that same time, JD Vance was also in Philadelphia, but like at another venue in the city with only two hundred people that showed up, and they.
Speaker 1: Knew it was going to be a small thing, right, they booked it out to make course.
Speaker 2: Yeah it could, it could hold thirteen hundred people. Oh so it could only hold about a tenth of what the other one did, and you got two hundred to show. And then he ended up even self owning because the stage was so poorly set up. It looked like he was stumping for Kamala Harris, like wild, he's standing, it looks like it's he's just got a big banner that says Kamala behind him, and it was supposed to say Kamala chaos. But as AATSI the union pointed out, they said, here's why you should hire union stage hands and stage designers, and then in a parentheses they did not, and you get they're like, shit, man, it looks like I'm opening up for Kamala Harris. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's also veep coded.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is crazy.
Speaker 1: How Yeah veep is the only realistic depiction of politics ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. The other thing though, too, is like people like Charlie Kirk have become so desperado with it that they like are He's now like instructing his listeners to just be like, don't don't don't support your kids if they're going to vote for this ticket. This is Charlie Kirk totally unbothered by the Harris Walls ticket.
Speaker 7: Let me be very clear, guys, if you do not get one hundred percent turnout from your own house, you're.
Speaker 2: Doing it wrong.
Speaker 7: If you are a parent that has eighteen or nineteen year old kids, you got to get them.
Speaker 2: Out to vote. And by the way, if you are.
Speaker 7: Paying your eighteen, nineteen or twenty year old kids tuition and they go vote for Kamala Harris, you should tell them you guys could pay for your own college.
Speaker 2: Gonna go vote Kamala Harris.
Speaker 7: And our house here is working our tail off and we're going in to debt to help you go through college. You guys can pay for your own college. Husbands, make sure your wives are registered. Wives tend to be more organized around the house. Oh, make sure your husbands are registered. For all of the MAGA moms out there, make sure that everybody just make a list, Okay, Susie, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Susie, Jeff, Joseph, Mary, Jesus, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John everyone in your family. Make sure you're registered to vote. But yeah, now it's like to the phase of like you need to threaten your family now, like this is this is what, this is how we'll beat that. I guess that's uh. Yeah. And if they don't go to school, no candy for that you you get you offered to buy them candy if they will go vote for Trump and if not, no candy for a year. Oh yeah, and be and hey and be be firm on that, yes, because the future of our country's at steak here. Yeah, thank you, producer, Victor. Take Away the Xbox is bribery, Like you're not supposed to be able to bribe people to Uh.
Speaker 3: I think bribery and blackmail are probably both not acceptable ways to coerce someone into voting, right, they're saying this, and this is the same people who like won't give it people any kind of a break on their student loans.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I know. That's the really interesting thing though, too, is like conservatives really don't know how to spin this progressive thing. Because I was I've been watching Fox like the last two days just because I like, I'm so you know, like it's part of part of the gig, but also like to see how they're even messaging this. And one of the things I heard the most was this is the most extreme ticket, this most radical ticket that we've ever seen. Maybe comparatively sure, but they're like, wals is so radically progressive, guys, don't be fooled. He's basically like Gavin Newsom, but just with a little more folksyed. This is they want to bring in all this blah blah blah blah blah, and like they do stuff to be like like, he wants to make sure that your tax dollars go straight to kids so they can get a free meal. Yeah, and you're like, yeah, for freeze, okay lunch. Another one was like Kamala Harris is sending money to the top one percent when she says she wants to increase spending to help people. Guess who that's helping the extremely wealthy. That's where the money goes when the government spends money. And you're like, wait, sorry, are you against lining the pockets of the wealthiest one percent in this country? Because your thing fiscal policy is based on that. So again, they can't quite they don't know how to even spin any of this, but by just saying things but like with an outraged tone, they're like, yeah, he wants women to make their own decisions. About their health care.
Speaker 3: He thinks all people are people.
Speaker 2: This is this this wild stuff, folks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I saw them coming for him for the for the pudding free tampons in school.
Speaker 2: Tampon, Tim, tampon, Tim, Oh, you're talking about tampon.
Speaker 3: Tim, garbage pil kidn't.
Speaker 2: Is a great garbage pel. That's a garbage pail, kid card t shirt, tampon, Tim, tampon's poking out of his ears and nose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even Republican women use tampons, you dip ship. You don't think Republican woman's been in a situation where they needed a tampon.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear about it, Okay, and I don't. I surely don't. I don't want My wife goes to a tent on our compound with the other women to you know, and she emerges five days later. That's right, and that's how we have. But yeah, he truly is just that they are they're they're grasping as if the other thing that they've been saying a lot was that Shapiro, Josh Shapiro was snubbed because the Democrats hate Jewish people, right, and that's all like, And I'm like I'm sorry again. You have a guy who's humping mind comp by his bedside table as your fucking nominee, the person who, when they say Jews will not replace us, he's like, yeah, those dudes are chill. Yeah, and the bevy of the fucking all the neo Nazis he haangs out with, and you're gonna start giving lectures on that. I mean, I think again, Shapiro was snubbed because he was vulnerable, Like he had a lot of controversies that started brewing and popping up over the weekend, and like people were like, ooh, and one that I have not really i've recently seen get talked about more was just like really weird murder case that happened that like while he was Attorney General that was clearly a homicide but for some reason was ruled a suicide, and her family was like suing to like get the fucking state to like reopen this case and like have it actually be ruled a homicide, and like it's super strange. A lot of weird stuff like there was like unverified like sort of allegations that Josh Shapiro knew this deceased woman's fiance who some suspect was the actual person who may have killed her, and like and he was just like, yeah, it's a suicide, but like this person had like ten stab wounds to the back of their neck and head and they're like, yeah, this is a yeah. It was like it's yeah. There's just all kinds of just stuff that like again it he would have been opened up to this summer's most scathing insult, which is a Shapiro got a weird case? Why is he around? And that would have They're like, yeah, we don't want that. Let's pick like Walls, who is just like looks like this normal guy, which is why I think they're having so much trouble because he doesn't have the same like creature of DC politics energy that most of these politicians you see who end up like on a presidential ticket.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah. You can't have a candidate who would have a staircase made about him, Yeah yeah, documenting someone al theory about someone on your ticket, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or just being like what how how could they look at that? Like what's going on? The As I read the details of it, there's like so much weird stuff. And this family of this woman who passed away, like have been relentless on trying to get justice for her. And it's actually because Krasner, the guy who became the Philadelphia DA, was one of their lawyers, and when he became DA, he's like, I actually can't take the case because I've I've already have a connection to it. So they sent it to Shapiro's office. But then he was like, no, it looks like a nothing to see here, and here it looks open and shut. Yeah, very wild stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back and just going along with the kind of desperation that we're seeing at the top of the Republican Party in the MAGA world, we're also kind of seeing it further down with people looking for the ghost of Kamala Harris in Taylor Swift post. I mean basically what happened here.
Speaker 2: I think the last what eight months has been spent with people or like, especially on the right, being.
Speaker 6: Like Taylor Swift can completely fuck this election up like she has, so she has minions and not the cute kinds that are yellow that will absolutely upend the electoral map. And you know, it felt like there's just a lot of questions like when will she come out and support Kamala Harris like she did Joe Biden in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Her fans definitely have seemed to have made up their minds about getting behind the vice president. So it just feels like more of like a when rather than if situation. So then on Wednesday, Taylor Swift posts some photos on her Instagram and one of them caught the eye of many people. Right, so it's her on stage like it was. It's from the Era's tour where she's like waving at a crowd and in the background people are like, oh my god, do you see that pant suited figure as a shadow with like shoulder line hair waving? Is that fucking Is she easter egging her Kamala Harris support right now?
Speaker 1: And I personally look at that and say, that is the silhouette of Kamala Harris and she is Easter egging her, because that's the way my brain works. Yeah, yeah, works.
Speaker 3: And also I am a huge Shower.
Speaker 2: Swift fan, and she loves an Easter egg.
Speaker 3: He loves an Easter egg. I actually with I think I'm with the Republicans on this one.
Speaker 2: Okay, so but here's so I think many super conservatives were seiling again. I was watching Fox again when I was like, I can't wait for them to talk about this, and they're like, you know, she's just so inappropriate, you know, when you're a musician, like this country is so divided to get political like that. I just think it's really it's it's not proper for someone like Taylor Swift to be doing at her concerts and it's like, all bad, who is it? Ain? Or one of the other people is like her tickets cost too much. You're like, well, yeah I get that, Yeah, I'll get you there, but like is that really a thing? Sure? And then the best part was one of these other people in this Fox but I was like, you know, people that just follow some seleelebrity mindlessly for like whatever they think is right politically. I think it's just like it's just really stupid. Like these people are like really stupid. It doesn't even make sense. And you're like, y'all, okay, that's fine, that's what I expected. But yeah, they were like they were seething, like as if she had entered the debate. But okay, this is where it gets a little murky. She someone a maga guy like debunked the photo. He found concert footage from this concert and it's clear that like this was a background dancer who was just waving. So on the left people were like this was like wishful film and you're like, yeah, fucking easter egge. And on the right it was a straight up boogeyman, fucking just absolute paranoia on their side. But I don't know, like I feel like that's the genius of this because it's like a rorshack test. It's like, yeah, that's technically not Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, we and you've checked for sure that the backup dancer was not Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: Because after she got the boyfriend up, why not get Kamala. Let's be honest, Kama would be down.
Speaker 2: Who would have get the answer to just a little backup dance? I mean, look, you had making the stallion up there. She's not against a little dancing, you know. Yeah. But yeah, it was just funny how this got. Like this dude was just like, guys, don't worry, Like he was like, don't worry. I looked this is this is from this show. Like luckily my daughter likes Taylor Swift kind of thing, and it was yeah, but again, knowing Taylor Swift's love for an Easter egg, it feels like an interesting moment to do that. But at the same time, I think it's also just shows how people are waiting to hear what she's gonna do.
Speaker 3: Like she'll hide like a melody from a different song and a song three albums later, and you won't listen to hear it until you listen to it like the seventy fifth time. So I don't at all be on the scope of Taylor Swift to put a backup dancer that it's intentionally supposed to look like Kamala Harris in one of first shows that.
Speaker 1: A single photograph, Yeah yeah, a single, Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: That's also I love the idea that, like Taylor Swift, she's just singing not be about politics, as if this woman who's made literally a billion dollars singing about the female experience has no opinions about what it's like to be a woman in America, Like those two things are mutually exclusive, Like you can't she's inherently political by what she became a billionaire off of right right.
Speaker 2: And they love billionaires too, Like, yeah, I'm surprised. They're like, well, you know, her jet is actually causing a lot of pollution and you're like what wait, really, guys, is that? Do you? Wait? So we care about where are you? Where are you guys? Good? Which planet are you on? Look?
Speaker 1: Because you're freaking showing up to Yeah, I know, subtly sorry climate change.
Speaker 2: They're like, I mean, Shony gave a fraction of the earnings from the Eras tour to the truckers, the crew, the dancers. I felt like she could have given more. I mean, I think an equitable split would have been fifty percent, but whatever. Yeah, and I am for wealth redistribution in this since. Yeah, it's so funny that they're yeah Trump. Meanwhile, like the big front page New York Times both Sides East story of the day yesterday was like Trump is pitching some tax cuts that are going to be very popular, and it's like, you know, tax cuts for major corporations and also for the elderly on social security. Yeah, and yeah, he's just yeah, no, no, no reason to have taxes. Wow? Why why? Yeah? Yeah no. They were also teasing something about how to like bring student debt down but it wasn't coming out of like government coffers. It was very strange like there. It's weird how you can see the conservatives trying to like now put stories in that make it seem like, yeah, we understand fiscal issues and have policies geared towards that, but are somehow impossibly funded. I don't know how well I know.
Speaker 3: And they're so obsessed with like they love complaining about the costed groceries and the cost of thing of everything with know, like no taxes, just put tariffs on everything, and so what do you guys understand?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so then I'm paying for it even if there are no taxes because of the taxes or are tariffs that you have put on them? Sure for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we get to say that we cut taxes in elections, and so that's good for us. Yes, I don't see what you guys aren't understanding. Yeah, and then you guys pay more money, but you don't get blamed. So what what's your fucking problem? What's so hard for you to understand? I don't know, Like, yeah, it's that again.
Speaker 2: The the intellect, like of the the right wing now is being really tested in ways that like it's just coming up short in like every single way, and then they're gonna summer it out. Yeah. I mean, it's just gonna have to go like these have to become. I think violence is the only thing that they're they're really good at at this point because they're not gonna gotcha anyone. They're like pop artist shouldn't perform And politically, it's like you had Florida Georgia Line performing at the Republican Convention a song called make America Great Again. Right, Damn Florida Georgia Line went all the way over.
Speaker 3: That is bad news. I didn't know that actually, yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, yeah yeah, Damn Florida George Kid rock Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, test, what a pleasure having you on the Daily Geist. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Please check out my new podcast, Pop Mystery Pod. It's a documentary podcast where I'm investigating like a different pop culture mystery.
Speaker 2: Oh damn, what if someone give me some highlights? Yeah.
Speaker 3: My first episode is about The Bachelor. I got a Bachelor producer to come on record and tell me some really crazy things about the manipulation tactics on that show and the way that the psychologists and a lot of really wild stuff. I did an episode about the boners and Little Mermaid and whether or not those are actually boners and how on the cover uh huh, not for the priests one when they're getting married.
Speaker 2: But those are dicks on the cover, right, like those like spiders, Yeah, the golden dicks. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I've actually done some research into this and the artist, Like I looked into the artist and you're like, to this day swears up and down that those weren't dicks.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, what does your dick look like then? If that's you know, yeah, it's like it's like the glow from the pulp fiction suitcase, like oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, I'm just here. It was one of the first track sketches I wrote was the conversation with like the Disney person going to the artist and being like trying to figure out why they've drawn a dick on the thing, and it turns out their dick is weird and so that's not what their dick looks like. Ship anyways, tests is there work a media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite accounts on Twitter is the Americana at Brand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, account a local one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love local La Humor and Inside Ellie Humor and they had one for this is so inside Ball. But with the Waltz announcement, there's a pinball bar the east side of LA that I love called Waltz in the America on it, Brand tweeted a picture of Waltz and said she chose Waltz. I'm so excited there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hot dog, you got the good hot dog.
Speaker 3: Great hot dog, and like decent wine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It is so weird, like you go in there and like what it used to be, like a plumbing store or something like that. Yeah, and they've got good pinball, natural wine, beer and hot dogs. I see Molly Lambert there all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's like the most use a place.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 1: Miles, Where can people find you as their working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Uh? You can find me on Twitter and Instagram at Miles of Gray. You can find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Miles and Jack ot Man these for where I talk about ninety day Fan and I'm also on the latest episode of Scam Goddess. Lacey Moseley's podcast, So check that out. Yeah, exactly, that's so you can find me at least audio wise. Now let's see a tweet I like, so this is this is just kind of funny after like like the tech stocks, like we're crashing on Monday at Zach Vowell tweeted like this photo of like a guy at like a fast food restaurant, like as a McDonald's manager, and it said, welcome back diamond hands. How is the moon? Just a funny shot at the at the make money quick online crowd. So yeah, that's my tweet. Amazing.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Obrian work Media. I've been enjoying the bunch of the guys from the state have a thing called Aged Dad jam band I think, and so Ken Marino the I want to Dip my balls in a guy is the vocalist and David Wayne on the drums, and I don't I don't know if anyone else from the state is in it, but there's a there's a video that I really enjoy of them playing scenes from an Italian restaurant.
Speaker 2: That is just pure dad energy.
Speaker 1: Like there's something about that song, which is which is the most Dad song? I hadn't really heard it in a long time. But it's just like about being old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, BILLI Jel just.
Speaker 1: Writes the least cool songs. But they're so good, but they're just like not cool. They're like, this is a conversation between people at their forty year high school reunion, you know. But anyways, it's a it's a good song and weird Al is on the accordion.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was gonna say he has to be on accordion, right, Yeah, weird Al's in there doing the accordion. So it's just a lot of fun. It's pure joy.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I will link off to that in the footnotes. Daily Zeitgeist is a production. Wait no, you can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website Daily zegist dot com. Or post our episodes and our footnote we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode.
Speaker 2: Well is the song that we think you might enjoy? Miles West song do you think people might enjoy? I'm just been playing a lot of music, relaxing. I'm trying to I'm trying to be very gentle with my positivity at the moment. So I like to play some boom bap like instrumental music. This is from a producer called Old Burger Beats Old Apostrophe a Old Burger Beats over there, who's actually from I believe, Norway, but killing it with like this sample based boom bap instrumentals. This track is called Today's Stays a t R I S T e z A. And this is Old Burger So like you know, this is like if you kind of like that like low five beats to study two kind of stuff in the background. This is right up your alley to they Stays.
Speaker 1: Up by Oldburger Beats, and we will link off to that in the footnotes. The daily is Eye Caser, the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your shows. That's going to do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk to you all then.
Speaker 2: Bye bye bye