Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody in the betting pros. It's time to place your bets. It is me Joey p joe Pisipia, and it's time already if you can believe it. To look ahead to week two in the NFL. Some fun things happening in week one, some not some fun things as well. Got that Cleveland upset that felt really good. The Pittsburgh Steeler one did not go well. Oh God. Speaking of not going well, how about those Giants. That was a tough loss there on Sunday night football in front of the entire world. But again, it's only week one, So how much are we gonna take out of that and how much are we gonna try to take advantage of it in the early lines. That's what today is about. And to help me do it, of course, is Pat Fitzmorris back again as always every Monday, and our new best friend Sam Hoppin, who is also our data analyst wizard, who is gonna give you some hard, cold facts based on math and science. They're gonna help you make some bets. And that sounds like a good thing to me. FITZI, I know we kind of talked about this in week one some of the things that went on there. I gotta say, the one thing too that really came out of the blue for me was I was stunned that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers went into Minnesota and one. I didn't think there was any way that that was going to happen. What was the most surprising outcome of all the games for you in Week one?
Speaker 2: The Bengals getting six first downs, Joe, Like, I did not see that one coming at all, you know, Like, I thought that was going to be a pretty close game and just a completely one sided affair. So like the Bengals are a team, I have no idea what to make of as we head into Week two, right now?
Speaker 1: All right, Sam, your week one obviously tumultuous, I'm sure like most people's. But was there one thing that was really surprising to you that you just did not see coming to kind of hit you in the face out of nowhere?
Speaker 3: I mean, it was the Rams over the Seahawks. For me, I didn't think the Rams had any shot of putting up more than ten points against the Seahawks defense, and they just put it on them, even without Cooper Cups.
Speaker 4: So that was pretty shocking to me.
Speaker 3: And then the Seahawks offense not really clicking like we had seen it last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so a lot of things to get through and obviously looking at we too, we still got one more game to play tonight. But that's old news, that's history. It's time to get ahead of the lines and for you to stay ahead of the lines too. Make sure you download the Betting Pros app. That's the way to do that, and you can also make sure you get the lapp the app excuse me, line alerts as well, because those are very important. When you download that BP app, in addition to tracking all of your picks, you can also sign up for the movement alerts, which are really important. So we're gonna look at the early lines here, but throughout the week things are gonna change, so you want to set those game notifications that you're alerted every time a certain line that you've got your eye on moves and they're gonna move. We always know they might even move during this show, but we'll keep you up to date. Make sure you subscribe to Betting Pros channel as well over on the YouTube side, because we're always giving away free stuff, including an Aaron Jones jersey, a ms up a good game. Did pull up with the hamstring, but that's okay. But this Aaron Jones autographed jersey can be yours. All you have to do is subscribe to Betting Pros YouTube, drop a comment below and click that little belt that it goes ding for notifications. That's it, That's all you gotta do. And the Aaron Jones jersey can be yours will be giving away lots of free stuff. More to come on that, but let's get to the games, gentlemen. And let's start here with the Minnesota Vikings and the Eagles Thursday night football. So no rest for the weary here. Probably in some ways, Pat, the best thing for the Minnesota Vikings is a short week not to dwell on that terrible, horrible, no good loss. If you're looking right now early on here, it looks like the Eagles are seven and a half point home favorites. Minnesota will be going on the road. It's always tough to go on the road, especially early in the year in a short week. So does the seven and a half feel right here and the total at forty eight and a half early on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the line feels about right what it should be at But I think I'm inclined to lay the points here, Joe, And maybe you were a little more surprised by that Vikings toast stubbing in Week one than I was, But they are just they were so much worse than their twenty twenty two record. I mean, they were eleven to zero and one score games in twenty twenty two, which will never see happen again. We'll never see a team have that kind of record and get out scored on the year. They were a bottom ten team in terms of overall DVA, and I think the Eagles can play a lot better.
Speaker 5: Than they did in Week one.
Speaker 2: They were out gained by one hundred and thirty one yards by the Patriots, still came away with the w but I think they can clean things up and become more of the well oiled machine we saw down the stretch last season, So I'm inclined to lay the points. I also kind of like the over because I think the Eagles are going to get it together on offense this week.
Speaker 1: Well, that was what I was going to bring up here, Sam, because the Eagles only had one offensive touchdown yesterday against the Patriots. Now, Patriots defense is always gonna come ready to play. You know, it was raining too up in Foxborough. A lot of factors, Tom Brady Day, all the things happening. But do you think maybe the seven and a half is giving the Eagles too much credit because that offense did not look great out of the gate here in Week one.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's giving them too much credit.
Speaker 3: I mean, last year we saw the Ladelphia and Minnesota play in primetime, and we all know how that disaster turned out for Minnesota. So I think that line is about right. I'm probably not touching it because I do think that Minnesota has, you know, a chance with potentially Philadelphia's offense sleeping a little bit, maybe could wake up this Thursday night. But I really like the overend this game. Minnesota's offense was moving the ball pretty decently yesterday and they had a couple costly turnovers in Tampa Bay's territory, so that stifled their drives quite a bit. So I think both of these offenses are going to be fine. I think it could be a high scoring, shootout potential game.
Speaker 1: All right, Green Bay and Atlanta the next one on the docket here. We still have some time to get some clarity about what's going on with Aaron Jones that injury. As we mentioned before, so far, it looks like you're getting this number somewhere between one one and a half. Obviously, on the Green Bay side of things, Jordan Love did look good in that game. The total for this number right now is around forty and a half of some other spots here on bettingpros dot com. Sam your thoughts here, do you see any early value on this game here? Atlanta and Green Bay both coming off wins yesterday.
Speaker 3: I'm going to try to take my green Bay bias out of this and look at the fact that Atlanta's defenses is much better than Chicago's, and so I think that's what will keep this game closer. I do think that the under could probably be in play here, even though it is pretty low. I think it's sitting right around forty points right now, and it could just be one of those grinded out games with two offenses that have inexperienced quarterbacks against defenses that played pretty well.
Speaker 4: In Week one.
Speaker 3: The Packers defense played better than I think a lot of people expected, being able to hold that Bears offense to just twenty points.
Speaker 4: Get the pick six as.
Speaker 3: Well, so I slightly lean the Packers on the side just knowing that I expect Aaron Jones to be able to play. I think they didn't rush him back in the game Sunday because they had the game in hand at that point, So I think hopefully having Christian Watson back this week as well would be huge for that offense too.
Speaker 1: All right, so as the Packers may or may not be healthy this week, Pat, you've seen any early value on this line here in this game in Atlanta?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, just before we started recording the show, the Packers were minus one on DraftKings, and I think that there would only be one way this line would move if Aaron Jones were to be ruled out and like it would go to the Falcons. I think they would be even money at worst, maybe favored if that happened. Sam mentioned how well the Packers' defense played, and we're both Packers fans, Yes, they did play really well against the Bears. The trouble is, the Packers are better against the pass than the run defense, and we know the Falcons are going to run the ball well, and the Packers have not had a good run defense for years now, so that's kind of concerning to me. The effectiveness of their offensive balance if they don't have Aaron Jones is concerning to me because, as we were talking about before the show, I don't think AJ Dillon is very good. So, like I'm inclined to take the Falcons in the money line here and kind of staying away from the total, Like I just I would want to bet the over, but I'm not betting the over on Falcons games with Arthur Smith there.
Speaker 5: They just run the ball too much.
Speaker 2: If anything, I would take the over, but I don't think I'm going to play it here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the under sounds interesting, especially with that pace of play and how run heavy they were, and you have to imagine that would carry over again this week at home too with Algier and Jean Robinson. The Bears are going to travel to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Bucks go home conquering heroes of Minnesota minus two and a half. Here on the Bucks side, they are favorites. Forty three and a half is basically that number you're getting on this pat. I'm gonna ask you this straight up. Do you think the wrong team is just favored in this game?
Speaker 5: It seems that way, Joe.
Speaker 2: And normally one of my favorite bets is the team coming off a bitter defeat against the team that's fat and happy coming off a satisfying victory. But I was so thoroughly unimpressed with the Bears passing game and the design of it yesterday. Like, screen passes are great to dial up, but when you're throwing eighty percent of you know, eighty percent of your playbook is screen passes, they're not gonna work as well. And like they were just there was so little, such a one dimensional Bears passing game, So I was kind of nervous about that, and I'm not really ready to touch this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can understand that this one has a lot of curiosity to it, you know, the Bears coming off that that tough loss year, the Buccaneers coming off a huge, unexpected win. To me, this is one of those dangerous trap games where people just automatically will start buying it on the Tampa Bay Bucaneers. And it feels the lines telling us that, but Sam, should we be listening?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think Chicago is the pick here. There looks like they're right around minus two and a half, heavily favored towards that and then minus three at some books, if you can get excuse me, that's for Tampa Bay. If Chicago is plus three, I think I'd take that they have, in my opinion, the better quarterback than Tampa Bay. They on the flip side of the Minnesota turnovers, were the beneficiary of those turnovers from Minnesota. So I think this is a bit of an overreaction to a one game sample. I think on the total the Bucks have probably more talented players, but I think as a team, the Bears are the better rated team right now.
Speaker 1: Speaking of overreactions, the Detroit Lyons went in on Thursday night kicked off the season with a huge upset win over the Kansasley Chiefs and defending champions five and a half points. They are favored now over the Seattle Seahawks, who lost at home to the Los Angeles Rams, and a lot of people did not think that was gonna help Pens. So a lot of again odd circumstances here in some of these Week two games, this being one of them. So the Lions five and a half point favorites. Fifteen and a half is the number right now when you're looking at this here Sam, do you see any early value here potentially? And do you think maybe the Lions aren't as good as we saw and maybe the Seahawks are better than we saw week one?
Speaker 3: This is what I'm not quite sure about right now. Seattle lost both of their tackles during the game on Sunday. That said, I don't think Detroit's offense was at its peak performance and think they could really push it against Seattle this week like we saw Los Angeles do yesterday. So I think if I had to choose one, it would be Detroit mine with the points. But it's it's close right now, and I think I would stay away right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, Pat, are you staying away right now from this line of waiting to see where things go?
Speaker 2: I am, Joe, I'm staying away. It's another case of a team coming off a bitter loss versus a team fat and happy after a big win.
Speaker 1: But that happened with extra time off too.
Speaker 2: That's the saying that, right The Lions have some extra prep time. As Sam mentioned, Seattle's got some key infrastructure type injuries, so I'm probably going to avoid this one. Like it's a game where I want to bet Seattle, but I just don't have the confidence to do it now.
Speaker 1: Pat, barring catastrophic injuries, I'm not going to take too much out of tonight's game, the Monday night game that we have ahead of us here when it comes to the Buffalo Bills. So far as the Buffalo Bills are nine and a half point favorites at home against the Raiders, so as long as Josh Allen and the Bills are intact when they come home, I don't really care what happens to this game. I know there's gonna be a lot of emotion running through that building. It was nine to eleven, it was New York, it was the first Aaron Rodgers debut for the New York Jets, is their new quarterback. So so much happening in that game. So I'm just not gonna take too much out of it. That being said, the Raiders also pulled out a sneaky victory. This feels like a smash game here. The nine and a half. The total in this game is forty eight. But Pat, do you think this early in the season that a margin this big is actually too much to give anybody?
Speaker 2: I think it is, especially if the Bills have a big week one victory over a division rival. I could see them having a letdown game in Week two at home against the Raiders, a game they probably think they can just show up for and win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, Sam, when you're looking at this too. Again, the nine and a half is a big number here. Do you think you wait on this one and see if the Bills put a hurt and on the Jets and it gets even bigger, and then maybe take the Raiders side to cover.
Speaker 3: I don't know that there is a game outcome tonight that will drastically change things from the Bill's perspective, barring a massive injury, like you said, whether it's to God forbid, Josh Allen or someone else on the offense. But it's it is such a big line to lay this early in the season, where again we saw some crazy things happen in Week one. Crazy things are going to happen again in week two, and so I don't want either side of this. I think the over in this game is a little bit more interesting because I think Buffalo has the firepower. Las Vegas again played decently on offense last last night, and I don't think Buffalo's defense is as strong as people expect them to be, so I would lean the over and staying away from sides right.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, And just so everybody knows too. You know, as you continue to make these look ahead bets here, if you do see things that you like and you want to get in on them, make sure you're seeking all your sportsbooks to Betting Pros. That's how you get it done. That's how you get the best lines here. Because there will be movement after tonight's game. You want to stay ahead of that. And also we want you to start betting with us and start winning some free stuff because we've got that NFL contest that's running here. So if you haven't already join it Bettingpros dot com slash NFL Contest, it's free to join and we're giving away free stuff. If you already have the app, all you do is click that community tab on the Betting Pros app and just go right to the NFL contest join it. All you have to do make five NFL picks every single week, one hundred throughout the season. The grand prize winner is gonna get and autograph Jackson Smith and Jigba Jersey, the Rookie Sensation for the Seattle Seahawks were also given away swag from Fantasy Pros from Betting Pros, as well as one year premium upgrades to both apps. So weekly winners, monthly winners, overall winners, but everybody wins because it's free and we're picking games and it's a good time. And later on this week we'll see who we the top dogs are. So go join the NFL contest over at Betting Pros. It's easy to do and it's free, and it's fun, and those are all good things, all good things, not so good things here for the Chargers. A tough loss. There a PI that probably a lot of people could do without. There was like seven thousand flags thrown on that play. Was one of the most amazing things. My daughter, who was a young football player herself, laughed out loud. She said, did they have any more flags to throw? When she watched that happen. It was the funniest thing, And I said, no, I don't think they do, Dear, I don't think they do. But regardless, the Chargers will try to get their season back together. They are again three point underdogs going into Tennessee, Tennessee's favorite and excuse me, they are three point favorites. Pardon me, going on the road to Tennessee. Forty five and a half is the number for this one, Sam, when you're looking at this one here, I think on paper, we all agree the Chargers offense is much more interesting and much more explosive. Is it just as simple as that? Or you know, do we see a better version of Ryan Tannehill because yesterday was not good, did not complete a lot of his passes. DeAndre Hopkins and him didn't seem to get on the same page either. So do you think the Chargers go in here and smash and take out their aggression from that Miami game? Or do they run into a team at home and the Titans that is going to be prepared and kind of bring them down to their level And that's what Mike Rabel does best.
Speaker 3: I think that the Chargers go in and lay it on them. I think the Titans showed this offseason drafting well, levis what they sort of think of Ryan Tannehill long term. Obviously this is a one game sample from from this year, but he did not look great at all. And the Chargers defense is nothing to write home about. They got blasted by Tua and the Dolphins yesterday. But I just think the Chargers are going to be able to put up twenty four plus points against Tennessee. You know, Derek Carr didn't play great and the Saints were able to move the ball pretty effectively against Tennessee's defense. So I'm laying the Chargers with the points here.
Speaker 1: Pat, this is one again. On paper, it looks pretty obvious. I know they're you know, the hole underdog is something we always love to go for. But did you see anything in that Titans game yesterday that gave you confidence that they can pull off an upset here against the Chargers at home?
Speaker 5: Oh? Boy, Joe, I sure didn't.
Speaker 2: Tannehill looked every bit as bad as the stat line would suggest.
Speaker 5: The Titans offensive line.
Speaker 2: A lot of people thought it would be the worst in the league, and I see no reason to dispute that assessment after what we saw in Week one, and it just seems like the Chargers would have superior firepower.
Speaker 5: But that said, I.
Speaker 2: Cannot bring myself to bet against Mike Vrabel at home, a Mike Rabel coach team at home, Like I just I can't do it. I do think there's a chance that Vrabel can turn this into a mud wrestling match and you bring the Chargers down to the Titans level. So I'm probably gonna avoid this one. It just gives me a queasy feeling betting on the Chargers as a road dug here. And we know the Chargers tortured history, right somehow this is going to be a close game and they're gonna find a way.
Speaker 1: To look like this, And that's what I'm always so scaped to go with the Chargers when they're obvious favorites or just it just never seems to work out when it's too good to be true for them. And speaking of stay in the mud, we might as well just you know, hang out there and talk about the Texans taking on the Cults here. Texans are at home again, this number kind of fluctuating. It seems like the Texans are one point in some spots. Again, this line is one that's probably going to be volatile here. Anthony Richardson did get banged up here at the end of that game, so a little bit more clarity on that injury will make everybody feel warm and fuzzy. You saw Richardson run a lot. I'd like to see him slide a little bit more. That's one one caveat there. It's really hard to take too much out of that CJ. Stroud performance to you on the road in Baltimore, really hostile environment, tough place to play, no matter for anybody, let alone a rookie. So pat the numbers forty and a half here, do you think is stick with this year and maybe played the under on the forty and a half with these two offenses that you know, seem like they're trying to figure things out because some sloppy play really led to the Colts being in that game that maybe they shouldn't have been quite so close in.
Speaker 5: Oh, look at this show.
Speaker 2: We're early in the season and we're on the same page already. We didn't even talk about this pre show and you mentioned it. The only thing I would touch in this game would be beyonder and especially with the Houston offensive line so banged up. I think they were down three starters yesterday and it kind of showed on offense against the Ravens. Like Stroud played better than I thought he would considering the state of his offensive line. But yeah, Richardson has banged up like this is just not going to be a pretty game. Offensively, I don't really want to watch this game, let alone bet aside, so I might just put the bet on the on the under, not pay any attention, and you know, see if I made any money come three o'clock Central time on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Sam. Typically this you know, part in the season two where teams are still ramping up, the unders tend to come in a little bit more historically speaking, do you think this is one of those instances? With this game here?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 3: And I think Houston. Houston's defense is probably the best unit of all of them on that are going to be on the field on Sunday. They held the Ravens offense to a negative expected points added per drop back on Sunday as success rate of only thirty nine percent. They pressured Lamar Jackson on thirty nine percent of his drop backs and sacked him on fifteen percent.
Speaker 4: So I think with the Colts.
Speaker 3: Offensive line in, you know, as good as Anthony Richardson is at avoiding sacks. I mean you could have said the same thing about Lamar Jackson and they were able to get to him. So I do think with this low of a total. Obviously, the cult side of things comes into play as a potential teaser leg if you want to do that pushing them out to seven and a half, if they're plus one and a half on your book.
Speaker 1: Baltimore Ravens and Lamar Jackson are now going to travel after a big win against Houston last week, They're going to travel Cincinnati, who, let's be honest, did not look good. And this is a fascinating situation here. So the Bengals get the three right now. Everyone's just kind of sitting and waiting here. And for those of you who don't remember, the Bengals came out of the gates slow last year too ohing two. Joe Burrow never seems to have a normal offseason no matter what happens. So I, for one, Sam, I'm just not going to take too much out of this. The Bengals are favorites. I think they should be favorites. I think the Bengals are going to win this football game. At the end of the day. The number for this game is forty five and a half. I don't see any early value on this. I was hoping that we would see potentially maybe over the week, that people would start to maybe bet the Ravens and all of a sudden this number would move a little bit, and maybe it will. Do you think this game does move as people have more time to sit with how bad Joe Burrow and the Bengals were, or do you think they're just going to believe and how good Joe Burrow and the Bengals have been and this number is going to hold.
Speaker 4: I think it stays about the same.
Speaker 3: I mean, the one big question on the Ravens side is Mark Andrew's health is decent. As the safe Flowers and Rashad Bateman played in the game in Houston, I just mentioned how poor they were on a per drop back basis. I mean, the Bengals are favored by three at home, depending on how much you account towards home field advantage. That makes this almost close to a pick on a neutral field. And that's sort of where it feels like these teams are just you know, the offense didn't look great, even though it's you know, this new explosive offense from Todd Monkin. The Bengals looked absolutely atrocious. But on the whole, I think we expect the Bengals to come back, So I honestly think this line is right about perfect where it is right now, both the total and the side, So I'm not touching it right now. I'm waiting to see what happens with Mark Andrews and then potentially playing the Ravens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the interesting play is if Andrews' health gets better, maybe you do go to the opposite side and maybe it's another zero to two stard for the Bengals. Pat, But I'm kind of where Sam is, which is this just feels right. I still believe in the Cincinnati Bengals. One bad week is not going to change after me, especially with the bad weather, especially with the ferocious pass rush with Miles Garrett that they have and a guy who was really, you know, just trying to get back in action and you could tell things were just off. They were out of sync. And I can only imagine a full healthy week of practice hopefully things get better for the Bengals. But how do you see this one? Pat?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we know that Week one is often sort of an extension of the preseason with how little the starters play in the new three week NFL preseason, But man, I just cannot bet the Bengals after what I saw yesterday, and I watched a lot of that game, even though the Bengals offense was making my eyeballs bleed, Like I just subjected myself to that torture and the six first downs, Oh my goodness. I just have a hard time believing they can suddenly stomp the gas pedal and kick it in against a good Ravens defense. And like, I'd be all the more eager to take this game if I thought, if I was totally confident Lamar Jackson could take advantage of the Bengals safeties. You know, they no longer have Jesse Bates back. There was intercepting passes for the Falcons yesterday. They've no longer got Von Bell back there. So man, as much as the Ravens passing game looked out of sank everyone except say Flowers at least yesterday. Like, I want to play the raven this game because I just I have a hard time like the Ravens do not play many clunkers. It's pretty rare for the Ravens to go out there and lay an egg. They're usually gonna give you their best shot under John Harbaugh. And I just don't know if the Bengals can take a good punch with the way they looked in Week one.
Speaker 1: Interesting. You know, all off season, Pat, I talked about it. I was like losing Von Bell and Jesse Bates, I think is a little Everyone kept telling me that's okay, We're getting younger and more athletic, and maybe that's true, but they're not getting more experienced. And I think that's something you saw in this first week here that made a difference in that game. The Chiefs have had a long time to think long and hard about what went wrong for them on opening night. They are still three point favorites going on the road for the Jacksonville Jaguars. The number for this one is fifty one and a half. Now, look, Kevin Ridley look good, Say Jones look good. Trevor Lawrence played well. So you know, I think Jacksonville, you know, went in their tough Indivision game on the road. They came out with the w. That's all the matter is now they go home. But Pat, let's be honest. If the Kansas City Chiefs had stopped the mud hole like they should have in the Detroit Lions and Canarius Tony caught anything and they won by ten points, this would not be three. Therefore, I'm on Kansas City and I'm Kansas City right now because I think as more people have time to think about this one, I think more people are gonna start to gravitate towards that idea.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Yeah, we've got Andy Reid with extra prep time, the Chiefs in a rare hole since they haven't lost a Week one game since I believe twenty fourteen.
Speaker 5: So maybe a little more.
Speaker 2: Urgency for the Chiefs after, you know, in eight years of winning Week one and Joe, we know which way the line is going to move if we get any positive news on the Travis Kelce injury front or the Chris Jones contract front.
Speaker 5: So like suddenly you're not.
Speaker 1: Honestly pat They got to the quarterback, they put pressure on Jared Goff, like you know, Nick Bolton was over there, going over the top in the middle there like that. It wasn't even a matter of like putting pressure on and Chris Jones's presence, although important on the field, it's not why they lost that game. They lost that game because just the ineptitude of the wide receiver record. Again on the same page here were Patrick Maholmes. But I don't think I'm going to bet on that happening two weeks in a row.
Speaker 5: Are you agreed? Agreed, and so get it now.
Speaker 2: But we know that the news on those guys would change the line, Joe, and right now you're getting them at less than you know, less than a field goal for sure, because if you don't grab the Chiefs, and Chiefs now at minus two and a half on DraftKings as of this morning, I think it could go to four four and a half if we know they have Kelsey and Jones.
Speaker 1: Sam, do you see things going in that same direction if you start to get better buzz as the week goes on that this number is going to grow here, especially if Kelsey's back for this one.
Speaker 4: I do think so.
Speaker 3: I was pretty surprised last Thursday how much the line had moved after the Kelsey news and then confirmation that Chris Jones wasn't going to play. I think individually neither of them are worth the amount of points that the line moved, but together they are the second and third best players on the Kansas City Chiefs, so to get potentially both of them back would be huge. I do think that Chris Jones might have the bigger impact on this game if he is able to play. And I say that because the Jaguars offensive line did not look great. I think one of their starters went down part way through the game. I can't recall if he came back, but yes, yes, that's what I was thinking of. So if Chris Jones was back, I mean again, we saw that Kansas City was able to get some pressure on Jared Goff and Detroit has one of the best offensive lines in the league. If if they're at full strength against this Jaguars team, I think that Kansas City could just blow them away. I echo all of the sentiment you guys made about the drops and those being super fluky and not likely going to happen two weeks in a row.
Speaker 1: The Rams, who historically have given the forty nine ers fits the last few years, they are seven point underdogs at home against the forty nine ers who went out there to non conference game on the road and beat the crap out of the Pittsburgh Yards. Let's be honest, that's exactly what they did. This one's fascinating to me. Sam. The numbers forty two and a half, the line of seven Pukinakua played very well. The Rams are coming off a huge road victory in their division. I love the Rams in this game, Am I wrong?
Speaker 4: I think so?
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, the lines actually moved another point. The forty nine Ers are now favored by eight points, which I think is more about confidence in the forty nine Ers as a team than you know, disbarring what happened with the Rams in their game. I mean, the defense was dominant, the offense was clicking on all cylinders, brock Perty was making some plays, and so I think that again laying the points, Laying eight points is going to be is a lot in a division game. I think this is another opportunity to tease the forty nine Ers down to two points, because again I say, there's I don't see a situation in which the the Rams come away with a win here. Obviously.
Speaker 4: I think I saw said the same thing last week.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you might have said the same thing last eight times they've met, though, because the forty nine Ers always look like the better team on paper, and the forty nine Ers again struggle against the Rams, that fits that. That's I think what's so important. This is one of those games I think that's really stands out to me because Matthew Stafford is not Kenny Pickett, so they're gonna meet another quarterback here. It's very different. So Fits, when you're looking at the do you do you think that maybe again, this is one of those traps where we feel so good about the forty nine ers, will look so good week one, but we forget, Hey, this is a whole other set of circumstances and this is a team in the Rams Fits that has really given them problems over the last few seasons.
Speaker 5: Well, Joe, I went back and looked at that.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it was maybe like earlier in the Sean McVay era, that the Rams were sort of had the Niners number, because it looks like the Niners of one eight of the last nine in this series.
Speaker 5: And like some of those games were close.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the ATS record would be for the forty nine ers, but yeah, I mean, like I was surprised by how well the Rams defense played against Seattle, or maybe the Seahawks offense was just that bad, and I have a hard time seeing the Rams be able to stop this forty nine Ers offense, which looked so machine like against a very good Pittsburgh defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah in week.
Speaker 2: One, so yeah, I mean like hearing that this has gone from seven to eight makes me a little nervous. Like I love getting it at an even seven points, but push it past the touchdown, I get a little more nervous. As of now, I'm just going to lay off this game.
Speaker 1: I think, give me the rams. I don't know, I'm feeling crazy. I don't know why I'm so anti forty nine er this year. I don't know. Bruckburdy look great, Everything looked great. I'm just not there yet. I need to see it again New York. I don't know if I need to see them again. They are five point under, excuse me, five point favorites going on the road to Arizona. That feels right. Fits again, I don't know. This is the game you want to get involved in right here. Thirty eight and a half is the number of most spots here. Some I'm thirty eight as well. The Giants looked awful. They got nothing done. This is going to be a rough week for them. Fits. Do you think they take it out on the Cardinals here?
Speaker 5: Betters were so mortified by that performance.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 2: It's already down to four and a half I guess people are betting the Cardinals on this, but man, I feel like the Giants have to bounce back.
Speaker 5: Don't they like that?
Speaker 2: That Actually their first drive of the game, they were going right downfield. Then what Daniel Jones like there was a fumbled snap or something. They got thrown back, knock back to like outside the twenty five yard line, get the field goal blocked and run in for a touchdown, and everything just snowballed from there. So, man, I feel like they're gonna bounce back. I still have a lot of faith in Brian Dable as a head coach. I think he's gonna circle the wagons this week and you know, beat a team that we really don't know if they actually want to win games this year. With the Cardinals, I mean they are. They are all in, I think in the Caleb Williams Derby. So you know, I'm going to keep targeting the Cardinals to bet against as long as the line stay reasonable enough and we don't get any of the college football realm of lines where we're seeing you know, twenty point spreads every week.
Speaker 1: Sam, I know it was as bad as it could possibly get Sunday Night, but the Arizona Cardinals are also theoretically as bad as a guest, do you think the five is actually with the four and a half now? Is still too much credit from what you didn't see out of the Giants yesterday?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I think this is a good line. I made it about four points before the end of the Sunday night football game. I think five is probably a good line too. And what take the Giants here? I mean they were playing what many pegged as the best defense in the league in Dallas coming into the season, so their struggles on offense are not as surprising as I think many people thought it was. Now granted, their entire offenses basically Darren Waller and Saquon Barkley, but I think they'll have so much more success against Arizona's defense than Dallas's defense. I think Daniel Jones is a much better quarterback at least right now than Sam Howell is, and so I'd be laying the points with the Giants here. I think this is a by low opportunity on the Giants and a potential for them to bounce back in a big way.
Speaker 1: We'll see if the line changes after Monday Night Football but Dallas is three point favorites at home against the Jets, and AT's go to the Jets defense is with that offensive line struggling a little bit in preseason, Sam, if you're watching Micah Parsons get to the quarterback on Sunday Night and watching some of the problems that they were giving Daniel Jones, I am. I'm loving the Cowboys out of this game at the three, at the minus one ten right now forty five and a half depending on the sportsbook. That's where the number is in terms of the total. But I don't want to take too much out of Week one and now how good teams look, how good you bad teams can also look. But the Dallas Cowboys defense looks like it's for real, and they were for real last year too, one of the better fantasy defenses around. Do you think that this one should be this close?
Speaker 4: I do think so.
Speaker 3: I you know, I mentioned earlier that the game tonight won't have much impact on Buffalo's outlook rest of season, but I think it could change a lot about New York's outlook rest of season, because again, we don't know what this offense is going to look like with Aaron Rodgers. I you know, the defense is supposed to be great, but can they contain Josh Allen like they had in the past. I think where I would attack this game is the under Aaron Rodgers is notoriously a slow guy. He drains the play clock down to the last second. Both of these defenses are again incredible. New York has some issues on the offensive line. Dallas I think still wants to run the ball a bit more when they can, and so I would take under forty six if you can get.
Speaker 1: That, all right, Pat, how do you feel about this one? I'm very much on the Cowboys side of this game no matter what happens good or bad for the Jets tonight. Your thoughts on Jets and Cowboys? Do you see any early value?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I kind of feel the same way Sam does about this game, like I don't want to touch either side.
Speaker 5: Jets Yets.
Speaker 2: I agree with your takes on the Cowboys, Joe. You know, I was kind of in on the Cowboys preseason and have some futures on them to win the NFC and win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: But I mean I.
Speaker 2: Do think the Jets have If you're going to keep giving me Jets totals in the mid forties. As we get in Week one with Bill's Jets, and as we get in Week two with Cowboys Jets, I'm going to keep pounding the under because I think the Jets might have the best defense in the league, or at least certainly right up there with Dallas, San Francisco, Philadelphia. And as you mentioned, Joe, I mean, the Jets offensive line is a row of New York subway turnstiles, So I mean, like that's gonna be a This is an under team absolutely with Micah Parsons. I mean, how are they gonna block Micah Parsons.
Speaker 1: They're not and this and that's gonna cause the turnovers, and that's gonna cost some problems. And that's why I'm more on the Dallas side of this game than the total, because I fear some of those turnovers, if they turn into points, that's gonna be a problem for that total number. That could be because look look what happened on Sunday. Think it would be a very big repeat of that. The Broncos hosting the Commanders. The Broncos are three and a half point home favorites. Their home debut did not go well yesterday, FITZI, the number is forty for this one. I have no idea yet of who these teams really are. I'm running from this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of those teams. This is one of those lines show. I just looked at it and threw my hands up in the air, like.
Speaker 1: No, okay, you can have it, Sam, you want anything on this one, or you want to hard pass this one.
Speaker 3: I'd take Washington and the points here.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Denver's offense still looks out of sorts. I think Washington's defense is incredible. That defensive line you know, was wrecking Arizona's offensive line. I don't think Denver's offensive line is that great either. Denver's offense again, it just looks out of sorts. I think they still have a ways to go to get to where they want to be. Such a low total two, I think they keep this game close and have the potential to even win outright against Denver.
Speaker 1: All Right, The New England Patriots are at home again two weeks in a row. They are again home underdogs. Plus two is the number against the Miami Dolphins, who put on a show there with Tyreek Hill and Tuatungua Biloa in Los Angeles if you like the patch for the upset plus one fourteen on the money line, but forty five and a half is the number for this one, Sam, do you see any early value here?
Speaker 3: I gotta go with Miami. I mean, their offense just looked so good. New England plays a decent amount of man coverage and that I don't know that there's anyone that can can cover this Tyreek and Watto combination. You know, it's New England's defense is great, and they did do a lot to stifle Philadelphia's offense. But again, we saw on display yesterday what Miami's offense can do, how.
Speaker 4: Explosive they are.
Speaker 3: Tool was making some great throws, and I do think Miami's defense does have a little bit of work to do. They didn't play great against the Chargers, but this New England offense is not nearly as daunting as the Chargers offense is. So I'll take the minus two with Miami here.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, they did hold the Eagles to one offensive touchdown. Does that matter to you at all?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 1: Pat Do you think Miami comes out here a little flat after a huge output last week?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Joe, I mean you're a Patriots fan. But I can assure you I'm not just pandering to you when I say that I like the Patriots and have already bet the Patriots.
Speaker 5: In this game.
Speaker 2: I just it feels like the Dolphins are getting a little bit too much credit with this line for that, you know, undisputedly impressive victory against the Chargers, and it doesn't feel like the Pats are getting quite enough credit for putting up a really good fight. As I said, they outgained the Eagles by one hundred and thirty one yards in that game in Week one. Now Miami has to go from playing on the West coast to playing in the Northeast. It's the NFL's hurricane season avoidance schedule, and that's a pretty tough two week opening road stretch. So I kind of like the Patriots here for a second straight week at home, regrouping after the tough loss to the Philadelphia Eagles in Week one.
Speaker 1: All right, two more Prime times talk about here, the New Orleans Saints and the Carolina Panthers. The Panthers are at home. They are two and a half point underdogs at home to the Saints. Forty and a half is the number here. Saints defense look pretty good. This line feels about right to me. I don't see any value, Papa, to you.
Speaker 5: Nope, no value.
Speaker 2: You know, I just don't quite believe in the Saints enough to bet them as a three point road dog or roads.
Speaker 1: Do you agree here? What you're just kind of waiting and seeing with these teams a little bit more?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's you know, it's tough because again, the Saints, I think as a whole are the better team, but man, laying three points with them just doesn't feel right.
Speaker 4: Hit this point all right?
Speaker 1: Last one here, Pittsburgh Steelers one and a half point underdogs. Here we go again, Sam, the Cleveland Browns are coming to town. Cleveland looked really sharp, really good, and I think Cleveland's one of those teams that needed to get off to a good start. Answer some questions about Deshaun Watson, answer some questions about who this team's gonna be and how they're gonna play this year. They did that, but as the Indivision game, we all know you can basically just erase that again because you just never know Week two week what's gonna happen. Forty two and a half is the number, Sam, do you think Pittsburgh rebounds. Do you think Cleveland rolls Pittsburgh two weeks in a row.
Speaker 3: I don't think Pittsburgh rebounds, but I also don't think Cleveland rolls quite again, I mean, Cleveland's defense looked tremendous. I do think we need to give them some credits with bringing in Jim Schwartz as their defensive coordinator this offseason. The Steelers offense looked out of sorts. It seems like they're going to be without Deontay Johnson as well, and so I as good as the you know, Brown's offensive output was on Sunday, Deshaun Watson still looked out of sorts. He was missing some passes and it just didn't look very pretty. So I'm staying away from this game to I think if I was going to pick something, it would be the under Right now, it looks like the line is dropping to about forty and a half or forty on some books, which is is low. But again it's the AFC North. I hate to pull that card, but both of these defenses I think can be up to the task to stop the opposing offense.
Speaker 1: Fits any input here on this one. Here, this is a tough one. To tight one. Vegas is telling you so.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, the Steelers hurt me so much. They turned what should have been a winning Week one into a break even Week one. So I'm gonna maybe I'll just double up to catch up on Steelers games this week, because there you go. You know, last week from from the Steelers bye week on, they were sick in the NFL and overall DVOA, and then they look terrific in the twenty twenty three preseason. So I was really surprised that they laid an egg as big as they did in Week one against the forty nine Ers. And I suspect we will not see consecutive poor performances under Mike Tomlin. That the sort of thing just doesn't happen under Mike Tomlin with the Steelers, So I like them to rebound against a Browns team that should come in again. Joe, it's the formula fat and happy against very angry and bitter. I'm gonna bet the angry better team this time.
Speaker 1: You listen to fits is probably right. I'm scared to death. I need some more time to marry on this one. But again, make sure you're setting those line alerts on the VP app for certain games that you have got your eye on. If you want to see that line movement, like we talked about Kansas City, you get those game notifications. That's very important. Go do that. Go download the app, Go sink all your sports books. Follow us there bettingpros dot Com slash Joe, slash Fits of course, slash Sam as well, and drop a comment below. What early lines do you like. We want to hear from you on the YouTube channel. Subscribe to the channel and you just might win yourself an Aaron Jones autograph jersey and come bet against us with us for the good of humanity. The NFL contest is there again. It's free. Bettingpros dot Com slash NFL Contest. Join win a bunch of free stuff there as well. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for Sam and Fitz. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time, kids,