Speaker 1: This episode was recorded June sixth, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Have either of you ever been to Lego Land?
Speaker 3: No, the greatest place on earth?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're taking we're taking to go if you don't have kids? Apparently, so I can't go. No, truly, they don't let single Apparently they don't. No, I don't believe they do. Like, you can't go to Lego Land unless you have children. You can't just be a guy at Lego Land.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 3: I think this is worth a Google.
Speaker 5: I think so right now, Google landing right now?
Speaker 1: I mean, okay for Easton, did just say I believe it's greatly frowned upon?
Speaker 6: Well, we have been every year since Indie turned three. It's where my goss should go for his birthday. Even last year we were like, Indy, you're a little old for this. He was like, Nope, wants to go to Lego Land.
Speaker 5: Adults eighteen plus must be accompanied by at least one child seventeen and under to enter Lego Land.
Speaker 4: A right, wow, school it will I am we am VIP very parents like thats not cool.
Speaker 6: But also no, that's partly why it's.
Speaker 2: Partly why it's great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because maybe you didn't it doesn't have like yeah, I mean, look, it's an amazing park. What's great about it is like because Disneyland with like a three year old can be overwhelming.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes it was. I went and I wanted to poke my eyeballs out.
Speaker 6: Yes, Like India is finally, like I've talked about Nott's Very Farm and Disneyland on this podcast with Indy Now is wonderful. Yeah, but like pre six, I don't understand why parents go.
Speaker 3: To Disneyland with kids under six.
Speaker 6: It's so wait now it's just hell.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. Another article says you don't need a child to go to Lego Land. All you need is like minded pals who will adore every giant minifigure, every bright colored model, every brick of Miniland. So yes, you can go back.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 5: It's I don't know, it's too confusing, so I'm not going.
Speaker 6: Well, it's definitely more it's younger, right, there's no rides right like that anybody over the age of ten would find thrilling in any way. It's very you know, and it's also not like there's not a whole lot of atmospheric rides the way that Disneyland, like, you know, because you know you can enjoy Pirates of the Caribbean.
Speaker 3: It's not like a thrill ride.
Speaker 6: It's just more like an an experience Lego it doesn't even really have that so much. It's more just a vibe and you get to look at like many Lego cities, which is cool, but it's mostly as a parent. It's the most relaxing place in the world because you just stroll around. It's like the right size so it's not overwhelming, and there are kids everywhere. Everybody's having so much fun. And then you have to stay at the hotel.
Speaker 7: We are.
Speaker 1: We're staying at the Lego Land Hotel, which one the past the.
Speaker 6: Pirate the Okay, yeah, that's where we stayed first, and we've since moved to the Castle for.
Speaker 2: The last different hotiers or whatever, but either one is great.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 7: I was just.
Speaker 5: Stepping on Legos the whole time. I'm just curious if the entire ow oh got this, why do we get this hotel room?
Speaker 6: Like when it was a bummer. One of the coolest displays was a Star Wars Lego display, and Disney made them pool all of the Star Wars They had like all they had recreated scenes, famous scenes from all the Star Wars movies in legos.
Speaker 3: They were like the coolest, one of the coolest sections.
Speaker 6: And then when Disney opened up their Star Wars area, right they made Lego stop, which is a bummer, but yeah, no, it's it's wonderful, and like there's little treasure hunts throughout the park and then yeah, they have people dresses, giant Lego figures.
Speaker 3: It's it's the best.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, thank you for hyping me up for that.
Speaker 1: Because Disneyland was I was excited to take Adler, even though I'm not like a Disney crazy adult. I just I was excited to see it through the eyes of my child. And then he liked it. But he just could not understand the concept of waiting in line for an hour and then being on a ride for three minutes, and then when the ride would end, other people were getting onto the cars and you'd go, no.
Speaker 2: It's a mine.
Speaker 1: He like, he thought he had waited for two hours and now he just owns this thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, Lego Land, you will never wait more than like thirty minutes for anything. Yeah, and make sure you bring if he has little minifigures. Yeah, characters. You bring one and he can trade with any Lego Land employee. You can trade your figure for one of their figures. They usually have like figures that they have like either in their pocket or whatever. So you're constantly trading. And I highly recommend before you go you make an agreement that you're only going to buy like one Lego set because there's multiple Lego stores on the part, and so we made the agreement with Indy, like the first time we went, We're not buying any Legos until the end of the day. We hit the big Lego like the main Lego store on the way out, and you get one set at r because otherwise, you know.
Speaker 5: Are there bars, are there a lot of Lego drinking going on there?
Speaker 6: There is drinking, which is wonderful. You can actually drink a Lego Land.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 6: There's one area where there's like a like you can just let them run wild in like a playground area with like bridges and slides and stuff. It's great.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool, all right.
Speaker 6: It's so much better for under six year olds than like other theme parks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Danielle, I'm like you, I'm not a disney freak either, but going to Disneyland once every couple of years for like a day, Oh yeah, fun.
Speaker 2: Totally, It's pretty.
Speaker 5: And then we were doing We're doing our live show in Orlando in September, and we were September seventeenth, and we were talking about staying for an extra day or two to go to Disney World and check that out. And now it looks like we probably won't be able to do that because we're so busy in September. I know, but it Yeah, that would have been fun. I haven't been a disney World in years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if I would recognize any part of it.
Speaker 2: I don't think I would change.
Speaker 3: James always growing, evolving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should though, plan maybe next summer we should plan a little like I don't know where writers travel plans are next summer, but.
Speaker 2: We should try.
Speaker 1: We could do We should just plan a group family trip to Disney World just for funzies.
Speaker 5: I like that, Okay, like that. I also think you still need to do the group family camping trip because I want to.
Speaker 3: I want to.
Speaker 1: My kids are still I think at least one year too young. Keaton is one year too young, but once he hits three. I think then I'll be ready.
Speaker 3: Even when was the last time you went camping?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: God, man, I camped all the time all throughout high school. So probably you know, high school, like early twenties.
Speaker 6: You moved to La.
Speaker 3: Oh no, early twenties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, yeah, no, when I moved to La it was probably probably when I stopped camping, you know, because.
Speaker 3: I had a home. You came up to You came up to my parents' house.
Speaker 6: Do you remember going to the urt? Yeah? You had the ur song?
Speaker 7: Do you no?
Speaker 6: I want to know the.
Speaker 5: Song.
Speaker 6: You had a whole walk.
Speaker 7: And so my.
Speaker 6: Brother built a yurt. If people know what a yurt is, it's a Mongolian tent like structures, like the round tents. It's like very very nineteen seventies northern California, And so Shiloh built one in the woods when he was sixteen. It's still there, and he put he built a deck and put it up and he had been living in it for a little while. But anyway, you came up and visited. I guess boy was still going on.
Speaker 3: Maybe that just ended.
Speaker 6: You and Greg came up and we were just we decided to make an adventure out to the yurt at like ten o'clock at night, and you were like, let's go to the yurt and you started doing this. I can't do it because we're a radio. We can't, but you did this walk You're like a yurt.
Speaker 5: You just he did this.
Speaker 6: I can't. I have to like demonstrate with my body, but you had us dying.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: Hell, hanging out with wilfred Ell in the woods is one of the funnest experiences.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was me and my friend Alyssa was visiting from New York, my friend Melissa and so we were all we had made it. I just like it was just like we went to the yurt.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't think we slept there. We just went to the yurt and hung out and came back.
Speaker 3: But I was.
Speaker 6: Crying and I still was still singing a yurt song.
Speaker 1: Was it will Fredell or was it fresh Boy who came up with the song? That's the question, is rapning Welcome to Pod Meets World. I'm Daniel Fischl, I'm right or Strong, and I'm Wilfredell.
Speaker 2: Pod Meets World Live. The kids want to jump to her is coming to Philadelphia? We are so excited.
Speaker 1: This one is going to be very special. It's the thirtieth Anniversary Spectacular on September thirtieth at the Met with special guests. Tickets are available now at podmeetsworldshow dot com.
Speaker 2: We cannot wait to see you there. So today's episode, the disappearing then reappearing tale of Morgan.
Speaker 1: Matthews is ingrained in the history of Boy Meets World, and until we started this podcast, the entire saga was a bit of a mystery for fans. It is true that at the end of season two, the young actress who played the youngest of the Matthews children was relieved of her duties, probably something she had hoped would happen much earlier, and her absence wasn't addressed at all when we came back the next season. That is until a completely different young actress appeared as the same character.
Speaker 6: Wellie will shaked a different actor.
Speaker 1: Let's keep it all in, okay, That is, until a completely different young actress appeared as the same character thirteen episodes later. We weren't the first to do it. There's Aunt Viv and Roseanne's Becky. Heck, it wasn't even the first time we did it. Never forget Harley and Chubby, but this particular switcheroo is one of the moments we're asked about most, even thirty years later, and the child actress who was once a replacement went on to appear in seventy five episodes of Boy Meets World and not only to become a fan favorite but part of our family in many ways.
Speaker 2: We are thrilled to.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Pod Meets World number two on Wikipedia, but she shares first place in our hearts.
Speaker 2: It's Lindsay Ridgeway, what.
Speaker 7: Is up.
Speaker 2: A long time?
Speaker 7: Like you guys are all waiting like we don't know what she looks like as a human adult person.
Speaker 6: It's I know, We've done it. You're eleven, absolutely not even worse.
Speaker 7: I'll be thirty eight this month.
Speaker 2: My gosh.
Speaker 1: That was something that occurred to me when I was figuring out what questions we were going to talk to you, like, what we were going to talk to you about.
Speaker 2: You were only four years younger than me.
Speaker 6: But that's a huge difference at that age.
Speaker 2: I know, I fifteen and eleven.
Speaker 7: Yeah, In doing my so full disclosure, I came in to today knowing that I was woefully like not purposefully did not listen completely to a lot of these episodes because I came into the show in season three where it was like, already done, everyone's already knowing each other, already cool families, there the unit, and then like I come in, I'm like, don't know anybody, don't know what's happening. I treated this the same way. I'm like, I'm just gonna come in and just be fresh, just like not not have any context.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just kidding, smart, smart, honestly.
Speaker 7: But I did. Honestly, I did listen to the one full episode I listened to because I loved it. I loved it, loved to love this so much, and actually took like a huge amount of janky notes on this notepad during it was the group therapy group therapy world. I was like, yes, my people, Yes, because as a kid, I'm like these guys are older and they know more and they're doing all this. But now I'm like, no, we all about the same stuff going on. We're all parents, step parents, pet parents, aging family members. Now we're all just like in the adult mode and it's such a different dynamic. Yes, we're all we're all the same age now, Yes, right, exactly the same category, right totally, but then the dynamic is so different. And I obviously spent like way more hours in the school room than you all did, just by purely like being cut from the show. Just cut scene after scene. We don't need you, We don't need you, Okay.
Speaker 1: I want to get into that, because of course we don't. We probably don't have memory of that because it wasn't It wasn't us.
Speaker 2: So I want to jump into that.
Speaker 1: But where we start a lot of our interviews, and I want to start with you as well, how old were you when you first got into acting?
Speaker 2: And do you remember what made you want to start acting?
Speaker 7: It's so interesting because I don't think like at the point that I did start, And to be clear, I started like on stage as a theatrical performer, so which is a whole other thing. And it's so weird because I work in that in the live theater industry now too as an adult, and so I'm like, it's come it's all come back. So performing live as a kid was where I started, and then just an agent just literally saw me in a in a performance and approached my parents about representing me. So I didn't have to do any of these weird you hear about it now, like well I have to go read, you know, for all these people and they have to choose, it's like way more stressful. I don't I don't know as an adult, as like a teen or an adult choosing to go into acting, it would be so much more of a weird different experience.
Speaker 2: How old were you then, I was like probably.
Speaker 7: Six sixty years old. Yeah, performing because you know, singing it was first and so.
Speaker 2: I remember that about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And then I was in the first my size Barbie that was ever made. That was I was in the commercial. I was the same height as the Barbie. We were both just very similar. I could fitted to the Barbie's clothing, which was the whole point of the thing, like you can wear Barbie's outfit.
Speaker 5: Also, it seems like something that's going to come alive at night and strength.
Speaker 7: About great movie. By the way. I loved it so much more more scary and my I know my parents will listen to this. They have it like in the garage, just like chilling. I'm like, please get this, really, just get this out of your home, like I can't, I can't.
Speaker 5: It leaves at night by itself anyway, So don't worry about it.
Speaker 7: It's fine, and it probably has my voice somewhere.
Speaker 5: Because I want to wear its clothes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know what, that's a whole other true crime podcast that we can get into another time.
Speaker 2: Were your parents entertainers?
Speaker 7: No, well, I guess my mom counts us. But she was a newscaster on the radio. So she did the news in the morning. And actually, like that's the whole other thing. My parents they met. My dad read the stock report on the news in the morning because he's a stockbroker, and then he like proposed to her live on the radio and she like cut a commercial. It was like super embarrassing for everyone. I know, adorable. You know, they're divorced. Now it's great. I talk about it because because we all get along as a family and we can. But yeah, no, no super performer history. I just used to just would would love singing and so it's essentially and so yeah, so when and then that parlayed into commercials purely of the Barbie variety.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm with you. I also started in barb Barbie commercial.
Speaker 7: Pocket things all that stuff, like we all had to do it, and they cared way more about the Barbie's hair and makeup and things than the people, because like I would just be waiting like that, we need to touch up Barbie's hair. Barbie's okay, another reason why it's alive, right, will Yes, Barbie is alive? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Does anybody actually know Barbie's last name? Because Barbie has a last name.
Speaker 7: She does have last name. I'm forgetting it now when you say, I'm gonna yes, Barbara.
Speaker 5: Barbreath, Barbie Roberts.
Speaker 7: Yep, good old Babs.
Speaker 1: I noticed before you made it to Boy Meets World, I noticed in your IMDb history you were ten years old on a show on a show called Bless This House, which was created by Bruce Helford and starring Andrew dis Yeah, what do you remember from that?
Speaker 7: So one? Deero? Do I remember about it? Which I also completely identified with you, Danielle saying that like some things, you just do not remember, like you have no recollection. And what I do remember comes from my parents who were obviously there all the time. My mom was one of those like child labor laws, you can't make my kid work. Now I'm out, and I love and trust one. I'm thankful for that for that frame of mind now, especially as a parent myself, and you know it it was. I just remember her saying it was a very volatile situation like that, that was very weird. And who was the woman that was on it? What was her name? Oh gosh, she was in the movie Casper, the one who played the mom. What was her name? She had short, blond ter and I think, so, I want to say, when you say her name, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, Kathy Moriarty, Kathy Moriarty.
Speaker 7: Was that her? Yes? I think she was the female lead, I want to say. And I don't remember a lot about it. I just remember that my mom was like, we kept you sort of in the school, like we kept you in one place until you had to go. And that was so short lived too. I really don't I really don't remember. I think one of the only memories I have of it is the whole walkout right where they introduced him for the live audience and you just all walk out onto a set like That's kind of what I remember. I don't know. I could not tell you my character's name, I couldn't tell you what I said. I couldn't tell you anything about it, to be honest.
Speaker 2: So you were you were very into singing.
Speaker 1: And then also you started with voice acting as well, right.
Speaker 7: I I feel like these were all like around the same time. I did a few I did, like episode of Sonic maybe the headshot Sonic tune. That other voiceover credit that's on my IMDb page is absolutely inaccurate, Like I didn't even do whatever.
Speaker 2: Cartoon totally spies. I think it says didn't do that.
Speaker 7: Don't know what that is, don't remember it?
Speaker 6: No, No, because my mom, do you get the residual checks for it?
Speaker 7: I don't know. Yeah, that fifty cents comes in handy for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you say, your parent, I'm sorry. I'm still stuck on the fact that you had kids just one.
Speaker 7: Just one, yeah old. She just turned three in April. She was born in April of twenty twenty. You guys, it was that was crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine what that hospital situation was like for you.
Speaker 7: Oh, my husband couldn't leave to like.
Speaker 2: Go anywhere, like he was able to be there.
Speaker 7: Yes, he was the only one because you know, like his family, my first grandkid for both sides of the family. So it's like a whole lot of pressure to like we're getting there. We're flying and driving by car, boat, a train right to get there. Like, yeah, no one can see her right now, like one hundred percent you can't. So when she was about four weeks old when everyone got to finally meet her for the first time. But it was Yeah, it was intense for sure. I think nothing like it, really, I can't. I know. You guys have either older or kid that was born after the initial craziness, right, Daniell your second kids twenty one, So that's like you had you had a.
Speaker 2: Better Yeah, twenty nineteen and twenty twenty one, if you missed the whole Yeah, it was a whole middle.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 1: So let's get into your audition for Boy Meets World. You were eleven when you started in season three. What do you remember about your audition.
Speaker 7: And turning eleven my audition, I was told, well, I remember it was raining because I had to run across the curve and that was very dangerous at the time. Show. Yeah, that's like I was in the rain. It was bad. It was ragerous on the curb the street.
Speaker 2: It never rained.
Speaker 7: Right falling from the sky. What is this phenomenon? But the show that I auditioned for was not going to all the sides weren't the script if I was told it was a completely different show, Uh, it was a guest starring role for a completely made up situation. And they're like, yeah, it's just a guest starring role for this right, cool read for it. I think I had to go back in because this was the time where, like I think now they do like video submissions, right, you have to leave your house sometimes audition ersu but no, like we had a hall to the first audition, you had to go home and you're likeep, deep, let me a haul back in two days later they want to see you again. So I had to go back in and I landed it. I got I got the agent called and said you got it, and just so you know, like it's actually for a recurring role for this show that already exists. And so that was like what So they lied to me?
Speaker 2: What a what a weird secret super.
Speaker 7: And and I was like is this and I think of it now, I was like, was it really that weird? Like did they have to completely go covert on this? Like you know, there's how do they do that on like giant movies?
Speaker 6: You know, because they want to like you know, they don't want agents and managers calling and like enough require that.
Speaker 5: Yeah one keeping it out of the press. It's not like we were getting pressed for anything anyway, So it is and like.
Speaker 7: This is a time where no one followed you around. There was no weird like social media people to be like stalking you in your daily lives to be like what is this for? Huh huh? Is it for a boy world? And to me, none of that. So it was very weird.
Speaker 6: But would do with the fact that I was replacing Lily that to keep.
Speaker 5: Trying to keep it. Maybe really didn't.
Speaker 7: Her family or she didn't hear something about it, or something's going to maybe call her and say, hey, why why are they auditioning for your role, which which totally makes sense. And I feel like she was, I mean, she's younger than me, I believe, maybe yeah, for years and uh, you know, so I don't know how much of that would have affected her to be like hurting her feelings, but yeah her and I mean her dad would produce it, right, her dad's in the industry still and whatnot, So I don't know, I feel like that must be the reason why. But I truly coming into that, like I had no concept of what had occurred with her, what had occurred in general with that role, Like I had zero concept of why that was occurring, or why they were replacing or aging up the character or whatnot.
Speaker 2: Had you seen Boy Meets World at all in seasons one or two?
Speaker 7: I don't think so, no, because when I look at those episodes, like I have no I don't even know like those and like the thug guys you know, and all those like bullies, like they weren't in what they they started to like not have those plotlines really anymore when I came in the only So, yeah, this morning I attempted to watch my first I say attempted because like I had this, I was like, I can't watch myself. This is per I can't do it. I won't be able to listen to this me talking without like cringing completely. But yeah, I was watching it, and I was just thinking, like, wow, people must have been like really confused.
Speaker 1: We haven't got full disclosure. We haven't gotten to your episodes yet.
Speaker 7: So I just watched like twenty minutes of the because it's fourteen it's like fourteen episodes into season three. Granted we had like way more episodes per season then like now it's like what a standard eight or ten one of a show and it's like, no, no, you guys are here for twenty four episodes, but buckle up.
Speaker 1: So do you remember anybody else or did you know anybody else who was auditioning for it? And do you then remember the phone call for when you got it?
Speaker 7: My parents got all the calls. I don't think I ever like you know, at the time it was, I was probably at school and then they probably waited till I got home from school and like, hey, guess.
Speaker 2: What you got this?
Speaker 7: So because I went to public school in my hometown for the duration that I was on this show, if I was not there at the set, I was at my school.
Speaker 2: And where did you grow up?
Speaker 7: Your buddy is going to school Riverside, So just a little bit outside of where you guys are. Yeah, So did.
Speaker 1: You celebrate, Like do you remember then finding out you got the show? Oh guess what, surprise, it's not the show you auditioned for. It's a different show. Did you guys do anything to celebrate, like it's a recurring role? Was it a big deal or was it just another day in your life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like, no, I'm sure it was a big deal at the time. I just feel I I do, and I'm and I'm grateful for it. As I say now as an adult, it wasn't. I don't think it was made to be like the only cool thing going on for me as a kid, which I think is good. I think it's you know, I'm sure my parents probably talked about it after I went to bed and they were like, that's cool, Like, oh, kid actually got this, you know, But at the time it was probably just like okay, and also knowing too, like I'm like I've heard well mentioned before, you know, a few episodes, like it could go away so fast, you write, So it's just like any pilot you could or even any recurring guest star whatnot, you could just they could just be like now we're gonna kick it, and so you never truly know. So I feel like also there's that element of like, this is good, but we also don't want to bank on this being correct. We're going to concentrate on.
Speaker 5: I have a question for you, uh, Danielle and Ryder, just curiously, do either of you remember because I don't remember ever being talked to about Hey, we're replacing Lily. Do you remember any conversation of we're going to get a new actor.
Speaker 6: I think they saved it because I remember we were all dying at the table read, like I remember it was one of the funniest yes, And I think they had saved it as a reveal. Yes, yes, when you came, Yeah, because you remember when you enter, you're like, I've been in my room for a.
Speaker 2: Very long time on a very long time out. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And so I think I, knowing knowing Michael's flair for the dramatic, I have a feeling he probably brought you in for the table read and stood up and made an announcement about you entering the cast, and then we all read it and we I just remember the table I just remember. I don't remember that speech. I'm just saying that sounds like something because Michael used to make speeches before and after table reads and like right, And I have a feeling he would have welcomed you to the cast knowing that you were you know, and I think you know it was a tricky thing because Lily had been gone and we all knew that that had you been sort of fraught, So you coming in, I feel like he would have made a very special announce but I don't think he would have prepped us ahead of time, because I remember all of us loving your entrance and thinking it was so funny that we were like commenting on it, you know, and just and then I and then I remember you and your mom just being like the coolest people ever, Like there was no you were you were so confident, Like it felt like you were already like a twenty five year old professional singer who was like slumming it as an actor, Like that was the vibe. You always had that vibe, And it's so funny to think about now, like, yeah, like you just always seemed like completely confident and in control, like you and your mom were like, yeah, we know what we're doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's that's Nolan Michael. That's also another reason I bet why they made it a secret audition is he didn't want any eight and of our agent's calling going, you know, they're recasting, so it's just like we're going to keep it completely private. And because it was, it was such a good it's it's our Because one of the things we've been talking about, especially with now starting season three, is some of the entrances of new characters aren't great, like the are The entrance of Alex Bezier's character was a terrible entrance for his character. It's just right, and your entrance is arguably one of the best entrances of any cast member of Boy Meets World.
Speaker 6: Well, I think they wised up because you talked about the Harley replacement is so weird and awkward and like, and I think that, you know, it just finally like let's break the fourth.
Speaker 3: Wall and just make a joke.
Speaker 7: And it worked, yeah, right, and and I mean then to bring the joke back, it's like on girl having both of us in the same room, right, that's Bonker's ridiculous, Like you would we even do that at that point?
Speaker 5: It just it doesn't matter. It's just like, yeah, let's bring a boat.
Speaker 7: That's fine, like here, you know, I mean if it were I thought about it after the fact, like this is years after, because this is years ago now, and I do remember the producer's reaction to seeing me as an adult there too, and they were all just like, ah, get.
Speaker 5: Out, like it's weird, it's weird.
Speaker 7: But I was thinking, like, man, it kind of would have been better if it was like multiple scenes and we were interchangeable and like not in the same place, right, Like that would have been like the ultimate.
Speaker 6: You looked different. What are you talking about it?
Speaker 7: I was just here not sure what you guys are talking about.
Speaker 6: From shot shot, I feel like, yes.
Speaker 7: Exactly, Like it's like a jump cut and then jump come back and it's a new person like straight, you know, like the Haunting of Hill House where they in that one shot where they replaced the adults with the kids back just like that.
Speaker 1: Do you remember anything about that first week and how you felt. You mentioned when we started this podcast today that like there was that a little bit of a feeling of like, this is already an established.
Speaker 2: Family, And yes, did you do you remember.
Speaker 1: That feeling of like, oh I have to somehow fit into this already established group.
Speaker 7: It's a weird. Yeah, it's a weird vibe. And I always sort of felt too, like I mean, I was obviously the youngest person right a before the new baby came on. I was like cool baby boy, and that was Mike, that was Michael's son, Right, I'm not remembering that wrong, Okay? And yes, so I always felt like out of the loop because everyone was like already in this loop, you know, and then it's like and I'm over here, and you know, even with the even with Rusty and and Betsy and everybody like that, you know, like they you all had your your thing and like writer and Danielle, like I have probably had such a little time with you guys, like.
Speaker 6: Did we I was wondering this, did you and I ever have a scene together? Like did we ever have line? I don't think we to each other all about together. You might not have interacted, but you're in big I swear to god, I don't think Sean says a.
Speaker 7: Single line, I truly do.
Speaker 6: I think we have to keep it eye for this because I was thinking about I was like, I don't think like we hung out on the backstage, but like we would never I don't think I ever on stage looked at you and said a line.
Speaker 7: No, I don't think. I was thinking about that too, And like same with Matt Lawrence, right, like I probably never had anything with him. And I know the most the most scene time I had with with Danielle with you with the wedding episodes, which are all like leading up to the hardest thing for me ever to film on this darn show it. You know, tried to not say the cuss word in that scene and rust you to cover my mouth at the right time. It came out multiple times. I was like, I can't not say it. It has to sound natural, right right, and it can't sound like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember thrown it out at the table read I remember you just like that was the word that was like the time I said, and it was Everyone's like, oh, okay, I guess we're just throwing there.
Speaker 7: Oh no, well, and it's like, you know, I did Ruthless the musical on stage when I was eight and had to say like the F word like other things on stage, like as an eight year old kid. So like, for me, for the sake of the aart, you should say it right. You need to be there, like you need to have it ready to go. It's got to be locked and loaded to be natural. And I just and I something I do remember, and like I love Rosie Sellers, but I do remember at one point just be like, this guy just needs to put his hand on my face like he was he was afraid to like physically grab my face, which I totally appreciate as an adult man. In a scene with a child. But at the point I'm like, you just got to yank it, just yes.
Speaker 8: I can't say this one more time, right, and then what and you know, then night we had like Jacob's back there, just like it's bottom you gotta gop and.
Speaker 7: You're like, I can't do it if someone is just not going to cover my Actually, that's absolutely the only thing I remember about Jacob's all right. Oh, like that's it. That's all I remember. And to this day, like my mom will still do that. She'll just be like you good, but we're like, no, no, we can't bring that back into the We gotta keep that back where it belongs.
Speaker 2: We're not bringing that up.
Speaker 7: And I remember thinking when I came for just the one single episode of Girl Mes World first, I was like, oh my god, Laurie is still here doing the hair for the show, Like.
Speaker 2: Right, oh my gosh, I recognize these crew members.
Speaker 7: Oh my god. Yeah. And then I'm like okay, and we got like Mark Budskang over here, like we've got all these dudes, and then Michael Jason, I like, how does he look exactly the same, Like this man is a vampire. She just looks like exactly the same, and I remember him as a kid, which was very trippy because I'm like here, I am looking legit, fifteen years older, right, and no one else has said. Everyone's just like, no, we've stopped aging here, great caught up books now, thank you.
Speaker 2: Question for you about the schoolroom. Was dand Holmes your teacher or did you have I had Wesley?
Speaker 1: Okay, most, that's what I thought. I thought you had mostly had Wesley.
Speaker 7: Stay. I do remember David for some time, but it was like also they divided them, right like so you guys got some and then I but I mostly had Wesley as mine. And who had those horrible hissing cockroaches and pets?
Speaker 2: Do you remember his cockroaches? I love them, my god?
Speaker 7: No, okay, absolutely not keep them away from me? At a whole cast, I.
Speaker 1: Told the story that we left them there while we were gone over the summer, and when we came back they had escaped and read and they were there.
Speaker 6: And then there are still his cockroaches at ktla'.
Speaker 7: And it is our fault and we have admitted it.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, that's what I do. Remember that and David I remember slightly, but I didn't have him. I think I don't think I had him as my main teacher.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so when you got there, we were in the divided KTLA and we had those two rooms, and Wesley became your primary teacher, and I think I was with David, but then I must have graduated like that year. I think we were only in the school room for like yeah, yes, and then I probably probably right, and then David last one, and then I think Wesley was there for for d and Yell and it was just two yeah, and other.
Speaker 7: Guest stars that came through that like need to be there. And then I think at some point they probably had like other ones they would bring in if we had other guest star well that needed them. But yeah, no, and I spent I mean like I spent a lot of time in school room like that was my that was my jam, you know. And then there would be times where we get through because what table reads for Fridays and then we would come back on Monday for rehearsal block and shoot and whatever pre shoot live audience on Thursday. There would be a time like where we get to live audience thing on Thursday and they'd be like, yeah, well your scene's got So I was just yeah. There are some episodes now where I'd be like, oh, man, I was supposed to enter just then, so they.
Speaker 1: Would You'd be in the script all week, you'd be there all week, you'd rehearse all week, and then sometimes right at the last minute, they would just cut in for time.
Speaker 7: I assume and or I know. I know that for some of them it was a worktime hours issue also, like we're gonna lose Lindsay and thirty and if we can't shoot it, then it can't happen. And you know, credit to my parents, my mom, They're like, no, we're not gonna let our ten year old stay here for two more hours on a Thursday. You know, like we're not doing that. And so yeah, there were instances where I know it was time, but then our time, our work hours. But then I'm yeah, then it was just like I'm always the first person to go, oh my god, and it's fine. You know, there comes a point to where your name's just on the credits of every episode anyway, regardless of whether you're in the episode. So that's cool, my name, you got paid, I got paid.
Speaker 2: I got bad.
Speaker 1: The thing is that even if they cut you and you don't. You don't end up taping, you still get paid for that week.
Speaker 7: So yeah, exactly, it's a week by week basis. But there, but when I was a recurring guest or that I didn't that, I don't believe it was. I mean, you know, there was a time where then I became a series series regular. Also, I was watching the first episode I was ever in for season three. I have no idea what those main titles were. That weird song with like the weird colored picture like overlas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a cool one.
Speaker 5: I had forgotten that.
Speaker 7: Remember that one. I just remember the with the car and he's like, come, I'm give it in the car and everyone we remember that.
Speaker 3: That's the worst one. That's the worst one. That's season four. Must be season four.
Speaker 5: We just kept changing them.
Speaker 6: I think I think we have to recreate that one. That we should do a whole photo day created those opening.
Speaker 7: Credits end and then like the side of your mirror and then it's just me just like a great shot. Love that.
Speaker 5: No, I think you and I worked together more than for for this crew, because you were part of the family. You and I worked together more than anybody else. Yeah, I just remember you fitting in and you were like you liked the joke and you could hit the joke and you knew the joke. And I remember one specific scene. I don't know why this this comes into my head, maybe because it was such a pivotal episode, but it's you singing loser freak.
Speaker 7: I had to make it up. I had to make it up.
Speaker 5: And it was like great and you had and you had Ben and I laughing the whole time, and I remember. So what I remember is you're coming down the stairs singing He's a woman hating loser freak, and you're singing it like right in my ear, and Ben and I keep laughing, and you came up to us and you're like, are you laughing at me? Like am I doing something wrong? And I'm like, no, you're making us laugh, Like you're actually cracking us up in the scene because you would come in and you're the way you were like hitting the notes like right in my ear. It was really funny. So Ben and I kept losing it and you thought we were laughing at you, and you're like, why are you laughing at me? He's like, no, you're making us laugh with your performance. So it was great.
Speaker 7: It was the episode laughing at me, like still to this day, Well now you are.
Speaker 6: But then we were laughing. Right now we're laughing at you.
Speaker 5: You're just not in on this joke because this is not even a podcast right now. You don't even know that.
Speaker 7: I've been drunk. It it makes me, It makes my adults so happy here to know that maybe I wasn't completely out of the circle of trust if you will trust and like I and I don't you know, I remember more about like the behind the scenes that like like like Ryder was saying, we had like that gum drawer that was hidden that we would just like constantly be chewing gum out of there, and like the stairs obviously if you went up too fast behind that kitchen, like you were gonna go down like like and also is that legal anymore? Can I don't think like a.
Speaker 6: Cliff like and like immediately do a U turn, You're gonna into a drum.
Speaker 7: Wall right now? Like a lawsuit pending currently the ocean violation.
Speaker 1: Do you have any like real specific favorite memories from set.
Speaker 7: Definitely the gum drawer and candy drawer because that was and then and I would always be chewing gum and it's so weird because to this day, like I have like a major TMJ problem, and I'm like, it's all this gum choy I did as a kid, Like it's for real ruin my dram muscle. But I will not give it up. I chew gum constantly to this day. For you, my dentist is like, please stop. I am begging you.
Speaker 5: First of all, you should stop going to the dentist before you stop chewing gum. That's the thing. That's what we need to know here, important safety tip today exactly priorities.
Speaker 7: This is from will Fredelle personally. Yeah, and I remember my mom would have to come like, and Michael Jacob would.
Speaker 9: Be like but I and my mom would have to literally come up and and you don't ever want to think like cause then you're just like, oh bad, I made my mom.
Speaker 7: I made my mom carry my gut. But like the stuff I've had to fish out of my three year old's mouth, I'm like, yeah, one hundred percent, as a parent, that's just what you do. I remember having to spit out my gum multiple times. I remember when Jennifer loved Hugh it came to the set. I remember that being a big deal and lent the biggest, the biggest memory I had to because my sister would would come to the taping nights. She'd go to school and my dad and my sister would call meet us for like the live taping nights and things like that, so then she would always get to hang out with everyone, which was really awesome. And the yes, specifically when you guys did the lip syncs to the insinct songs.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that's a crowd favorite.
Speaker 7: I mean it's good. I mean I wouldn't say that it was like great performances from you guys, but like no, kid.
Speaker 5: It was Matt Lawrence. Matt Lawrence was a great performance.
Speaker 6: Lawrence could actually dance, you could Dan, and then the other the rest.
Speaker 5: Of the three of us, it was just the backup.
Speaker 7: And I do I do remember, and I think you guys mentioned this too that like Ben would always say like rubbish garbage things right before they would call action to like make everybody try and just completely mess up what they were doing. He would just come down and just like just go like us, like you pretending to talk in your face or bring up a topic that you're just like wait what and then they're like Nope, we got to start.
Speaker 5: Over four was ridiculous.
Speaker 7: I used to ride the boom mics like down when they would roll them. Oh yeah, that was fun.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 7: You would jump up there and then just jump up there. Also probably highly unsafe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they probably didn't love that, but they do that. I didn't like, that's cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would just be like it was Steve right, Steve was the stage, the stage, very tall.
Speaker 2: Having a baby.
Speaker 5: Are you now you were eleven when you started the show, ten turning it? Yeah, ten turning eleven, and then so you did from ten to you were fifteen fifteen when we ended. Okay, yep, that's cool. Yeah, because I remember by the end they'd really changed your character where you were kind of the sassy one line.
Speaker 7: It was, yeah, well but it is, but like you know, self esteem issues rife are rife within this, like remembering for me personally, because such negative comments about my character from people in the ether, you know, like why they make Morgan so rude, I like the only one better and like stuff like that, which is so fine, but also like again I was a kid doing what they were saying, like this is how it's supposed to be, Like you were gonna be rude. You're yeah, like come down the stairs and act like you own the place. I'm like, okay, that's that's what it calls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, very very rarely ten or eleven. As an actor, you go in, can we really talk about my character? Because I feel we're taking her if you go okay, yeah, exactly, So.
Speaker 7: You're looking dramaturgically at my character right now, I would like to say, you know, no, you don't argue with that, and then you just continue on that path, and then you and then you're pigeonholed into this one thing that works for the the you know, the greater good if you will of the show, right, and then you're you know, you you get into that zone and then it's hard to leave that and and and then essentially too, like if you know that your lines might not make it into final cuts of things, you know too, that sort of has a role in how you approach it. I'm not sure, like I do not know, like later, you know, in the ages of fourteen to fifteen, I kind of went into every week thinking like, oh, what's going to get sholved this time? Like it was a joke to me myself, so I'd be like, all right, whatever, Yeah, you want me to wear the tankini? Bye, and I'll just wear it fine, I will wear across the top.
Speaker 5: What is a tankini?
Speaker 7: Did you not remember that episode?
Speaker 5: We haven't gotten there yet.
Speaker 2: You don't remember it either, what do you do?
Speaker 7: Well? If you look, just have me come back for that one. It's great, Okay, it sounds.
Speaker 6: Like a drink.
Speaker 5: Is that as.
Speaker 7: Exactly he's got correct?
Speaker 5: Of course writer would know it.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course writer's got one on right now.
Speaker 5: Under I heard.
Speaker 7: Lulu Lemonda probably does still tanking news for men, So you should go try one on.
Speaker 2: Would you let your your child act if they wanted to? She wanted to?
Speaker 7: Dude, it's such a do you guys all get that question too? For your kid? Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you right?
Speaker 7: I meant the two, the two will. Congrats to you friends.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on your childhoodious, thank you you have not sunk lower beneath.
Speaker 7: No, I I get that a lot too. Like going to at, I'm like at. My first reaction is like, oh right, absolutely not. Like I want my kid to like invent the cool robot that will take care of me as an elderly person, like I want her to do that cool stuff, right and be part of like new things that are going to be another cause for success in society. But like, honestly, I can't argue with the fact that she is exactly like me and she rolls around singing doing all that stuff, wants to take dance class and do all those things. But I I don't find the need to encourage her in that direction. I think that if we do our job as parents and we do present things in a realistic way and don't idolize certain things over others and just sort of keep that neutral ground, that you are setting someone up as an individual child, teenager, young adult to make their own decision. And you know, I eventually had to get to that point too, right where I'm like, you know, I don't like this doesn't serve me and my needs and what I want to accomplish, and so you have to forge your own path if you will. But yeah, it's a question. I get a lot. And and I think people assume as kids too, that your parents like force you into these things, and I don't think that that's true. I mean I don't like for me, it just sort of went It was like one thing snowballed into all these other things, right, and then you just find yourself in this path that you didn't quite choose, but you also didn't quite stop, and then you're in this dynamic right that you have to.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, I have a career to manage suddenly, oh.
Speaker 7: And I am eight. This is wonderful, right. But I can also just say, like, thank goodness for the precautions that were put in place for the unfortunate situations with child actors in the past that had to deal with such terrible conditions, working hours, getting their money taken by their parents and their family members. Like these things were put in then there were there were things put in place for kids like us that didn't have to do that go through that and like be subject to those things, which I also find a very positive a positive aspect, But you know, it's it, I I don't know. I mean, I don't want to make put words in my kid's mouth and say like no, you're not allowed to do that mom orself as well. But I just feel like opening opening hobbies and opening you know, your mind to different things and exposing them to different things throughout their life will make all the difference, you know.
Speaker 1: And when you came and did Girl Meets World and you were in that scene with Lily.
Speaker 2: Was that the first time you and Lily had ever met?
Speaker 7: I don't think so. I want to say that I probably had seen her at some other point in time, because we did, but specifically for like when the DVDs were released, we all got together for like commentary and things. I feel like there's been other instances in which I had met her, but obviay just those younger in the younger twenties time. But it's probably we do a photo shoot.
Speaker 5: We did a photo shoot together, like for Entertainment Weekly or something to you.
Speaker 7: We all went to a house and yeah, whatnot? And and yeah because I because I remember that Bill was there, Bonnie and a bunch of other bogues.
Speaker 2: But that was the Entertainment Weekly around the time of Girl Meets World, like that.
Speaker 7: What we earlier, I wasn't. Yeah, I was like.
Speaker 3: Two or something time ago somewhere you.
Speaker 7: Were there, Daniel, Yeah, you were.
Speaker 2: I believe you.
Speaker 7: I believe you, believe us.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I just I've given I've given given it over.
Speaker 7: The Entertainment Weekly shoot, you are looking for what are you?
Speaker 6: What are you doing now?
Speaker 7: Me? Yeah, a lot of it. I know what they're doing, jedis No, I'm just kidding. Yeah. So I work in the nonprofit field, specifically and development of fundraising, so I may prefertional fundraiser and as an adult at one of the largest regional theaters in the United States currently here in Atlanta. That's where I am. Yes, the atl if you will. I've people ask you, like where my accent is from. I'm like, no, I'm just from so in California. Bro, where are you from? My kid just said dude and bro this week and I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, yes, keep it up. Nice.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So you know I'm involved in, you know, raising money for causes and that I believe in things. I think, you know, the arts is it's such an important thing to preserve, especially live performance and being as that's where I started. I love being able to bring that to as many people as possible. Just watching my kid go to live theater performances now as a kid and experiencing that it's so great, and so I just really want to I really want to open her eyes in that respect too, because I feel like when we were kids and when.
Speaker 10: We were on this show, it was such an elevated status right to be on TV, Like anybody anywhere with a computer and or phone and or tablet can be on.
Speaker 7: The screen and do whatever they want and get a bunch of attention and get a bunch of whatnot and go viral for their videos and certain things like we didn't have Like that wasn't the case for us, right, And so I think it gets it's really easy for actual performing arts fields and craft to get lost in all of that now, so it's really important to keep those align and going. And you know from the like the government needs to fund more school arts programs and things like that that we should be advocating for. So you know, I've worked in nonprofits. I got my master's degree also and went to college and got my master's. After leaving the show, I was on the mock trial team at my high school. After bruthbol that I wanted to go to lost cool and then I was like, no, that's a lot of stress for me. So yeah, no, much like you will, like I have, I have a history of straight up panic attacks anxiety really like that.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh godle bond from a darkened room.
Speaker 7: It'll be great, seriously, And it's like debilitating, right, it's just like horribly Yeah, and so you know, I'm not going to say that this like you know, obviously the industry if you want to call it that, it's not too blame. But you definitely grow up and in this whole other world that doesn't exist. And so yeah, you know, I struggle a lot with like my career choices, my life path and things, and how people view that. And you know, once you're seen as like, well, why wouldn't you want to be on TV, you know, it's like, well, you know, you don't really have to do that. But yeah, so it's interesting. It's an interesting dynamic. What is the.
Speaker 1: Reaction you get now when you tell people you were on Boy Meets World or it comes up?
Speaker 2: What's the response?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I don't normally tell any one.
Speaker 6: Because you can kind of get away with it because you look different enough, you were young enough.
Speaker 7: That's my game. Yeah, And it's not from a plant, because one I hate sounding like that is a I hate bringing that up as a way that people should see me in a certain light like that that is not like, that's not my vibe. I am.
Speaker 3: I'm a huge part. It's the part of yourself.
Speaker 5: Right right, like you're talking constantly talking about being on the high school football team, right.
Speaker 7: Yes, or anything else, or like I was in the Olympics one time and then people are only like, cool, how's you're running going? And You're like, no, I don't see that anymore, Like I did that one time. I use the worst sports I do not like jogging or running. I'm gonna put that out there. So yeah, I don't usually lead with it. It made it people will figure it out every job I've ever been to, I've worked in schools, I've worked with students, school sites, nonprofit. Everybody will figure it out, and then it will come up in this weird way of like, so like what was it like?
Speaker 2: And I was like what was what?
Speaker 7: Like? Like would you be more specific? And so I sort of make other people lead the conversation because I don't like assuming what people know about it, or would want to assume that they think. I'm just going to bring it up and talk about it at will or at length. It made like dating as an adult pretty hard because you google people now like you meet people on apps, you go out, and then it's like it sometimes would become the only thing that people wanted to discuss and like ask and like and honestly, it's not even about me. People would be like, well, what was it like where he was Danielle visheral, oh my god, you about to hang out with Ryder's start. I'm like yeah, but I was ten brute like dude, like what do you want me to do? And be like, yes, I stared at him all day on the set. I was in this score room. Okay. So it's like they think of this huge experience and what we actually had was just like normal day to day interactions, right, and they it's elevated in this way that people who haven't gone through it don't understand. And they see that finished product and they see the us that is put out there and you know, the images that come with that and the assumptions that come with that, and then don't really think about like, well, yeah, no, Like I drove an hour and a half to two hours every day from my hometown to get to set in the morning, one back and like commuting, yeah one way, you lived in Orange County. You know the oh thing, you can't get anywhere in Orange County right now for like under one hour. Yeah, Like you know, Like so they don't see the grueling things as like oh the disappointment of having of having your scenes cut, or like oh no, I didn't get to go in this week. I went to school instead, my regular school, and I'm just a regular person. And so all the friends that I have now and continue and have had since elementary school, like they one hundred percent. And I don't mean this in a bad way, but they just don't care. I don't care that I was like, they really don't, just like you're just Lendy and you're cool. We're your friends that.
Speaker 5: You and yeah, I mean when you look back on the show, is it overall a good experience.
Speaker 6: For you, Yes?
Speaker 7: No, And I think that it's because I had so much normalcy. And I have said to my family and other people that I know, like, out of the casts, I believe and this is just from my perspective, I'm curious to see if you guys agree with me or not, given the difference in our involvement obviously in scene work and working in general, because I had less to do than you guys on the show. But I think our cast as a whole, compared to other casts that exist on shows like this was one hundred percent normal people who had other parties also and just sort of had regular lives also, And I think that makes a huge difference. I think when you're surrounded by people who are consumed by constantly talking about it or being about it or letting people know what's going on, you know, I think that makes a difference in how you treat it and how you react to it as a human. And so I think that all of us are pretty well rounded people and how other interests had regular school, family lives things like that. You know, we all weren't graduating high school or pulled out of school at the age of twelve to do this, right, Like, we all finished and did those things and had those other things, And I think that makes a huge difference.
Speaker 6: We also didn't come with with much ego, right, Like we all we all gained ego because of the show, but like we didn't. Like a lot of shows are created, especially when they're populated by adults, there are people who've already been on failed shows or from a you know, from a huge hit show, and so when they come together, it's like a bunch of clashing egos or fragile egos. Whereas like we had Rusty and Betsy and Bill Dangels like those are the people who were like the pros and they were the nicest most people.
Speaker 7: So yes, yeah, I would say like our probably like our drama people or the producers and like the writer folks, you know who I didn't have a lot of interaction with outside of like the read through and then that shooting. Right, So yeah, no, I don't even think Sometimes I think I got to leave for notes if they were too like to be honest, but.
Speaker 6: I don't like after run through it they'd be like, do you have anything for lindsay no, okay, really, yeah.
Speaker 7: You're really But didn't we all sit on the ground, like I remember, we all just like sat Night, we all had to go like sit on the ground like circle time at preschool, and we're like, let's circle time. Let's hear some reasons why we were bad today. But no, it's like, no, I'm.
Speaker 6: Just anti circle time.
Speaker 11: Let me tell you why you suck as.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you why this line is not working for me right now? Yeah, so it's you.
Speaker 6: Know, to range circle time. I love that.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what the notes felt like.
Speaker 7: You know what, trade I'm gonna trademarket you gotta give it and yeah, you know, but I and I remember specifically like I cut my own bangs at home, like and I got in trouble for that, and like someone got really mad, like they just like that doesn't fit the care. I just literally got home in my bathroom just like trot my own bans. Daniel, you have cut your own things in your life.
Speaker 2: I haven't. I was always way too afraid.
Speaker 7: No even yeah, I know that's a common thing for it.
Speaker 1: I know that is a common thing, but I was way too afraid to have anything to do with my hair on my own.
Speaker 7: I remember the episode where you cut your hair and they had like fake hair ready to like take back on your head to do it again. And I was thinking, like this is wild man, this is crazy. What and how nervous everybody was. It was like silent.
Speaker 5: It was obsession, hairsession.
Speaker 6: We were mostly cast for our hair. It was like hair first, acting second. I was like if we walked into that audition room with good air, chances.
Speaker 5: Strong, Yeah exactly, It's crazy.
Speaker 7: And I do like I remember everyone's siblings too, I think because I had a sibling that came and like hung out because I remember Chris coming, you know, when he was just a little kid, little kiddo, and it seems to how you guys feel about me. I'm like, oh no, Chris Fishel is like thirty something, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna be I thirty eight.
Speaker 6: Oh my yes, yeah, remember him coming?
Speaker 7: Yes, And it completely just alters my reality. And I'm like this, this is not a reality that exists for me at a step am I in West World? I don't understand you.
Speaker 6: Did they did morgane I ever have like friends or boyfriends or any characters. So that's that's what's crazy to me, is like, see, we all started at you know, maybe a little bit older than when you came on the show, but we all had each other, We had like other kids our same age, and guest stars coming in constantly, the youngest person on the set.
Speaker 7: So it is that tank keaty episode that you all haven't made it to yet where it's like Morgan's going out with a boy and that's why she's dressed that way and her parents think she's dressed inappropriately to go out on set. And that's the only real instance that I can remember having like an interaction with somebody for my character that was that same age and in the same sort of zone, which is really which is crazy. And then obviously the younger sibling came and that was you know, then there were.
Speaker 5: Other STI he was a baby, and then three episodes later he was like fourteen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, which is insane at best. But yeah, I mean most of my most of what I remember is like there is a scene occurring between you all, and then I just sort of walk through and go like and then leave.
Speaker 2: It's like, right.
Speaker 7: Exactly. It's never like a hard hitting like Morgan is having a mental health crisis and needs assistance from her siblings and friends. Asafa, it was purely a sort of drive by what I call the drive by comedic situation on my way up or down a staircase in the home, Right.
Speaker 5: You really did go up and down the stairs more than anybody else on the show. I think, yeah, that was what you did.
Speaker 7: Physical fitness. I also teach fitness. That's my second job too. I am as instructor too good, and that is what I have determined to be my optimal like performing outlet, I am like leading a class of awesome people instructing them to have a good time.
Speaker 6: On you don't sing anymore?
Speaker 3: You don't sing anymore?
Speaker 7: I well, I do anthems every now and again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, because you did a lot of that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I used to do a lot. And I'm actually quite sad that I didn't track them with little tick marks like jail cells jail cell style, because then I could like win some sort of Guinness record how many Yeah, yeah, and I've and I've still done them up until well, like before COVID times, because then, like I recorded a national anthem for an MLB team that they just like played on the jumbo trot to an empty stadium during COVID. It was Yeah, it was crazy, and like my baby was asleep like in my apartment. We're in a home now, but in my apartment at the time, I was like, I'm gonna wake up this newborn, like I have psycho. Why am I doing this right now? I'm singing at full volume in my apartment. We're a four week old.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Wow, she slept through it.
Speaker 7: It's cool.
Speaker 2: Newborn sleep through a lot. It's pretty remarkable.
Speaker 7: It they do. It's wild. And yeah, and I taught my whole I taught while I was pregnant my whole my fitness class. Throughout my whole pregnancy, I was waylifting and leading and working full time and doing that. And when she was little, like a tiny baby, she would fall like get crying and wake up, and I would play like the hard hitting techno beats that are from my class, my fitness class, and she would fall asleep to it. She was so used to hearing it, like I like all day. She's like, look, I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Well, lindsay, thank you so much for spending your time with us today. Thank you for coming back and trying to dredge up those memories of those seventy five episodes you did.
Speaker 2: Uh many, I know so many. It was a real pleasure to see you.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on all of your success and all the wonderful things you do as an adult and on motherhood and being a wife and all the nonprofit stuff you do.
Speaker 2: You're really selfish.
Speaker 1: Just sounds like you're just a real selfish individual.
Speaker 7: I do my best.
Speaker 2: Well, it was great see you again.
Speaker 7: It's yeah, it's awesome to see you guys too. I'm so you know, I feel like this is what every every ten ishu years, we all sort of.
Speaker 2: I love it. What's the high school? You do it? You do it every ten years, you try to see each other.
Speaker 7: My high school hasn't had a reunion because it's like our asb really sucks and no one can get their act together.
Speaker 2: So you know this, consider this your high school.
Speaker 7: This is it, this is my high school. I am now among my peers. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, lindsay you. We'll see you again soon.
Speaker 7: If you need a more episode commentary, you know where to find me.
Speaker 2: Thank you in the atl Thank you.
Speaker 7: We'll see it so soon.
Speaker 6: She's all grown up.
Speaker 5: I can't fathom that that was It's like a pod person came down.
Speaker 11: And you know what's cool is that she still has the e same personality. Got that, Yes she has not like she's she was always like just super friendly, uh and and full of personality and like positive and.
Speaker 6: She still is, like she's still exactly that same person.
Speaker 1: I know, just now in a thirty eight year old woman's like yeah, weird, yeah, I know it.
Speaker 7: She was never.
Speaker 5: Intimidated by the moment though. She walked kind of walked down to our set and was like I know I'm party. Now here we go, I'm part of it was great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, no, which is the only way that that could have worked, you know. I mean that's like a really tough position for an eleven year old to walk in to, and man, she was just always undaunted, you know, she has real court.
Speaker 5: So, very very briefly, why do you think they recast Lily? Like, why do you think the character had to come back? Do you think we could have just gone on where she just never came back? Why do you think they actually brought the character back?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm curious. Yeah, there has to have been a narrative pressure, right, There has to have been a storyline or two where they were like, we need to bring the family back on a.
Speaker 5: Network for something. Yeah, I mean I don't know. I'm just curious why, because they easily could have done, Oh I put you know, Morgan to sleep Morgan's that you could have mentioned the name and not actually recast, And I'm wonderous why they.
Speaker 3: You know, we were a very male dominated cast.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it would have, you know, especially with mister Turner coming in and Eli and season and we had all the thugs the second season, so like we were dropping female care so it could have been a network note like, hey, maybe we need to have someone for the girls to roof for besides just the love interest, you know, because we have all the love interests every week and then we have to panga.
Speaker 1: But I still think all so going back to Indy finding Morgan hysterical, we were missing. We basically lost all the young sibling contingent when Morgan was gone. So I think it was also a matter of reaching, you know, trying to bring those kids back.
Speaker 2: I love you know.
Speaker 5: He always said that Indy was laughing so hard at Morgan that you're right, we the younger kids didn't have anything to watch for anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, when we watched an episode relatively recently, that was the first thing that he said, Where was the sister?
Speaker 2: Right there?
Speaker 9: You go.
Speaker 1: Thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. You can follow us on Instagram pod meets World Show.
Speaker 2: You can send us.
Speaker 1: Your emails pod meets World Show at gmail dot com, and we have merch mat Podmeetsworldshow dot com writer send us out.
Speaker 3: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 6: Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast produced and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Will Fernell and Ryder Strong. Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production Danielle Romoducer and editor Tara Sudbach. Producer Jackie Rodriguez, engineer and Boy Meets World superfan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. You can follow us on Instagram at Podmets World Show or send us an email at Podmets Worldshow at gmail dot com.