Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, It's Thursday, December twenty sixth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show, where we have thoughts.
Speaker 2: On Charles, entertainment, cheese.
Speaker 1: It's me and your man, MG Marcus Grant, joined by Michael Florio and Lakwan Jones.
Speaker 2: Florio, How was your Christmas Day? Sir? It was great. I ate and I pretty much didn't do much else besides I.
Speaker 3: Watched football and I ate food, and I'm still trying to digest it all it was.
Speaker 2: It was tough getting out.
Speaker 3: Of bed the morning after Christmas as you eat all that food.
Speaker 2: But you guys have kids. How was your guy was? How was your Christmas? Lakwan? It was good.
Speaker 4: Kids opened the presents pretty early. I mean Mason lost his complete mind getting him his Imbop soccer jersey. I mean he was just completely ecstatic about it. So that made my Christmas day.
Speaker 1: Do you have him saying things like top of the table and coaches getting sacked.
Speaker 4: Parking the bus, losing the dressing room, Yeah, all that type of stuff.
Speaker 1: The dressing room, the dressing room. Yeah, setting your child up to be mocked when.
Speaker 3: He gets Yeah, he's gonna be like, oh, did you see the players in the dressing.
Speaker 4: Room, And they're gonna be like what, I'm getting him to say that the jerseys are kids. I'm getting him to say the field is the pitch. Like he's he's soccer. He's out there. He got the vocabulary, vocabulary down soccer jersey.
Speaker 2: What was the big gift in the Grant house? Uh, you know what it was?
Speaker 1: Honestly, he's got this little box now. It's called The Two Knees. It plays stories and sing songs and stuff. And like he took to him even more than I thought I thought he'd like it. He loved it even more. So that's a win. We're eating that w right now. That's what we're doing. Uh. Anyway, it is Week seventeen, which means championship week for a lot of you out there. We're not talking about you sickos and nerds who want to play Week eighteen.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Friends don't want friends play Week eighteen. But for the rest of you's championship week. So we're gonna go through some of our superlatives for the week, but with one quick fantasy headline. So I think we talked about on NFL fantasy lives. So one of your thoughts about this, Lakwan Jalen Hurts still not practicing.
Speaker 2: He is still in the concussion protocol.
Speaker 1: Were just a few days away from Philadelphia's Week seventeen matchup against the Dallas Cowboys. Normally it would be Kenny Pickett would be the next guy in, but he's dealing with a rib injury. Tanner McKee is on the roster. The Eagles also went out and signed Ian Book. So assuming it's not Jalen Hurts, especially if they go deep down the depth chart, obviously we know you're starting Saquon, who else are you possibly starting beyond that?
Speaker 4: I think it's a hard start with AJ Brown because you really don't have any other pivot options. And honestly, when you get a backup quarterback, I think the objective is is to get it to your best wide receiver and that's AJ Brown. And we saw that with Kenny Pickett last game where he was able to get the ball. The Devonte Smith and AJ Brown, like the wide receivers were the clear tunnel vision focus and the game plan, and I don't see that being different against the Cowboys, where their defense they're kind of been up and down the past Rush has been an elite, but that secondary you've been able to get on top and put some good fantasy production for the wide receiver position.
Speaker 1: I do love the Kenny Pickett knew the assignment he came on and he just started feeding aj Brown target. So you know, we appreciate that, mister Pickett. Hopefully Tanner McKee and or Ian Book get the same memo when they get on the field. So it's time to see who will deliver presented by Uber Eats. Time now for our superlatives or calls for Week seventeen. We will start with Club Dub the non quarterback. Who will be the top or quarterback whatever. I don't care anymore. It's Week seventeen. It's gonna be a I say that because I looked at the I looked at who's on the list here, and I see your Week seventeen Club Dub option, and I honestly look on I will allow it.
Speaker 2: I think it's fine, Yes, thank you.
Speaker 4: I like breaking the rules sometimes, but I really want the game in.
Speaker 2: It's fun to do bad things.
Speaker 4: We got the Christians guests added away. I'm on the naughty list after for next year. But Anyway, Carolina Reaper, I'm loving this nickname for Bryce Young because he did your boy a huge service last week knocking those Desert Birds out of the playoffs. Like I was just completely a static, but more so, he put up twenty seven fantasy points and he's coming off one of his best fantasy games this season. And look, since we Kate, he's became the starter. He's had at least one passing touchdown in every start he's had, and that hasn't been done since Cam Newton since twenty eighteen. So therefore, against this Bucks defense, who are aligned the second most fantasy points for a game to quarterbacks, it looks like it's an easy layup for him because last time he played it almost threw up three hundred yards on them. So I expect him to go out there put up a huge club dub for your boy because we're rolling the club and all black with the Carolina Reefer dame.
Speaker 1: Another thing though, I like about the Bryce you in the last few weeks. I've pointed out three rushing touchdowns in his last four games too, so that's been a big kind of sneaky key to it. We always talk about the the Konami codes with quarterbacks. He's not gonna get you a ton of rushing yards, right, You're not gonna look up and he's gonna have like eighty rushing yards.
Speaker 2: But if he finds the end zone that goes.
Speaker 4: A long way toward him, that's him scrambling for his life.
Speaker 1: I mean a lot of it is. But look, they don't ask how, they ask how many. That's all. That's all they really care about. Speaking of guys who run a lot and score touchdowns. There there's your club dub guy, Florio.
Speaker 3: Jonathan Taylor, who I feel like we haven't spoken about enough this year. Probably I think he's gone under the radar a bit went off last week, and I think that could just be the warm up because he gets to New York Giants. Like I mean, we've seen the Giants ran all over all year long, and not only that, Anthony Richardson is legitimately up in the air for this week, which obviously you hope he plays, but if he doesn't, that probably means even more running the ball for Jonathan Taylor. Probably means more dump offs for him. And I'm not even worried about him being the focus of the Giants defense. Okay, cool, like he's still gonna run all over you guys, no doubt about that. So yeah, Jonathan Taylor, I think is gonna eat and win people titles this week.
Speaker 2: It is wild.
Speaker 1: We have not talked a lot about Jonathan Taylor because most of our conversations about the Colts have been about Anthony Richardson and what that means for the pass catchers. And so you're right, Jonathan Taylor has definitely flown under the run.
Speaker 4: He gets go back home to some good pizza man Big Jersey, so he's I know he's going to show about, show up out against he's got too full.
Speaker 2: Now we don't want Do you think he's a Taylor hamm or a pork roll guy. He's definitely a pork roll guy. Where is he from all them.
Speaker 4: New Jersey that's in the North area. But I'm pretty sure he's going to say pork role if we ever get a chance to ask him.
Speaker 1: All Right, that's one thing we'll have to put on the list if we ever get to talk to Jonathan Taylor. Here for sure, mineus Jamiir Gibbs going against the forty nine ers. The Niner run defense has been pretty bad all year long. We know Gibbs is gonna get a ton of work now with no David Montgomery. I think this is gonna be kind of a back and forth game. I think the Lions win this one, probably by a couple of scores. But Jamier Gibbs I think has a huge day on the ground catching the football as well. I think he scores multiple touchdowns in this game. I mean, I don't need to tell you to start Jamiir Gibbs, but if for whatever reason you're being weird about it, start Jamir Gibbs. I mean, there's there's just really nothing else to say about that one at this point. That was Who will Deliver, presented by Uber Eats, where you can get almost almost anything for game Day, the official on demand delivery partner of the NFL order. Now, uh, those are the guys that we are excited about now, the guys that make us a little bit nervous for this week.
Speaker 2: Lakwan, who's your red flag? Ooh?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: I hate talking bad about my guys, man, and I say my guys as a Rams fan. Man Cooper cup Man, he is the biggest red flag going into this championship. Big dance is it has not been great in the last month, man, he has not looked like that reliable wide receiver in the last four games, only one game above five fantasy points. It's like real nasty work. And you look at Pookin'ako getting a detention from Matthew Stafford and getting all the attention on defense. He's still going out there producing is double the yards, double the catches, double everything that Cooper Cup has had. And honestly, you look at some of the times, in some of the moments where it's crucial, you see Matthew Stafford look the two to two at well, I mean a huge third down conversion that he was able to get and get some big chunk yards where on a catch radio on a catch rate, it looks like, you know, Cooper Cup has not really been that reliable wide receiver that we've known in love and Matthew Stafford in the last two games has not been playing strong football either. I mean, under one hundred and sixty yards in back to back games is not the strong football that the Rams believe in. So I look at this this Cardinals defense, and they've been one of the best pass defense in the last couple of weeks. I do not see this changing for Matthew Stafford and Cooper Cup. So he's a huge red flag and if you should be able to pivot, if you have other options in the championship game.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's the thing, Cooper Cup. You know I gave you the zero in week fifteen. He improved in week sixteen, but that improvement was what like three points, three point four points something like that. Yeah, not great, not great at all, Bob for sure. Who with so your red flag Florio other side of that same game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kyler Murray, who I know last week had his best game and quite some time still I don't believe finished as a QB one five passing touchdowns in his last seven games, not running as much as we wanted him to. The wild stat less than ten points not like fantasy real life points allowed in back to back games. And then Kyler has one or fewer passing touchdowns in four of his last five games against them. And I know the one good one game earlier this year, but it was all burning Trey White for two long touchdowns to Marvin Harrison Junior and Trey White. If you watched on Netflix, he was there Thursday, because he is not on Wednesday because he's not a ram anymore. So, Yeah, this game is going to be very different than it was early in the year. And uh lakwan, you talked up a five to ten quarterback. I would play Bryce Young over Kyler Murray this week.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Yeah, I mean, I think this is where we are.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think when you talk about the list of disappointments, he might not be the biggest one, but he's going to be high up the list. Yeah, because a lot of folks were really big on him this year and it just has not happened. Meanwhile, Rico Daudo has been a really nice piece for a lot of fantasy managers, especially the last month or so of the season. The Cowboys have decided that he should be their running back, one to which the rest of us are like, what took you so long? But this week makes me a little bit nervous against the Eagles because they really have locked down on running backs. I think what wins the day potentially is volume. He's gonna get a lot of it every now and then. The Cowboys will work in say an Ezekiel Elliott or somebody like that, But this really is the Rico Dowdell Show, and so I think that potentially can sort of save the day, but there are a lot of reasons to be nervous about him against the Eagles, who really have just locked down on running backs for much of the year. And look, I think if anything helps, maybe game script is sort of neutral in this one. If Jalen Hurts can't go, if Jalen Hurts plays, then it's can turned into a really negative game script. And maybe you see Cooper Rush having to throw the football, so you might not be able to get away from Rico Dawdle because he's been carrying a lot of teams for the last few weeks or so, but not very excited about the situation for him this week against Philadelphia. It's time to drive your lineup, presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camery Oh to the snore Lacts. Our favorite sleeper is for Week seventeen, and I am I am shocked by this one.
Speaker 2: La.
Speaker 1: This is not a name that we have, This is not a name that we've talked about a lot, and when we have, it has not been in a positive light.
Speaker 2: So I'm very interested to hear this one.
Speaker 4: I shocked myself phone the pall on Travis Etn being a snore lax for me because I'm in a situation where I'm like, all right, if I have traves Etn in the last couple of weeks, he's looked a lot better than Tank Bitsby. I mean the last two games, Tank can't get out of his own way, two fumbles in those games, and you look at the yards per Carrie, you're looking at who's getting all the targets, who's getting the row opportunities. It's been Travis Etn. So I like this research of him, and with this matchup against the Titans, they are bottom the table when it comes to stopping the run, and there's no way that you're gonna tell me that the Titans are gonna lock him up. When traves Etn is running off of motivation, he's hungry, and he's gonna try to keep Tank Bigsby away. He's gonna try to stick form him on that depth chart because Tank Bisby just has not been consistent in his play. So Travis Etn is healthy now and he's been running way more efficient, So I think he's earned that role as the RB one to get more opportunities against a favorable matchup.
Speaker 2: Bottom of the table.
Speaker 1: Uh anyway, Yeah, look, I mean neice to see Travis etn finish out on a strong note. It would just be nice to see somebody in that backfield finish out on a strong note, just so we can sort of take something with us into the offseason and try to figure out what happens next year.
Speaker 2: Because the Jaguars.
Speaker 1: Remember a couple of years ago when it seems like the Jaguars were like on their way to like being competitive for a while, and then like the Texans showed up and grinding their feet on Jacksonville's couch.
Speaker 2: And then like it's aren't even good. That's the like that whole division is just bad, just bad.
Speaker 4: Mac Jones QB one.
Speaker 2: Mac Jones exactly. Anyway, who is your who's your sleeper for the week? Floor?
Speaker 3: You look a mir of doula because if it's not broke, don't fix it, and a mirbdula has just been coming through last week. I I even tweeted in the first half like I'm sorry everyone, a mer of Doulah was the wrong call because Alexander Madison had all the volume. He scored a touchdown and then a mirror Dull scored a touchdown of his own, finished with more fantasy points scored nineteen. The week prior to that, he was sitting around nineteen. And then in the game prior to that, where before since here McCormick took over, he was at seventeen. So in the the games where they have given him the opportunities, he has turned it into fantasy production. And the reason why I like him more than Madison. He's more explosive and he's the pass catcher, so that is free points right there, and then they're both going to be using near the goal line stuff like that. So in a good matchup where game script might not be an issue.
Speaker 2: I like a mi her of Dullah. I remember way back in the summer that we're like, oh yeah, the Veryers have a mere of Doula. That was kind.
Speaker 1: Now he's a league winner, league winner potentially, Like you know, time is weird like that, It is really, really weird. My favorite sleeper for this week is chig Aconquo, who's really been doing some nice things for the Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Titans over the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: We're starting to see some sort of reserve and secondary tight ends come to prominence across the NFL. I've seen Stone Smart with the Chargers, Chicka Conko now with the Tennessee Titans, And I said earlier this week, I think having Mason Rudolph sort of works in his favor. We know he's not gonna be a downfield threat, which is good because Mason Rudolph is not really a guy who is aggressive in throwing the football downfield. So Chicka Conko can run a lot of those underneath and intermediate routes and I think he sees a lot of targets in this one. The matchup is good against the Jaguars as well, So if you are looking to stream tight ends, I think Chicka Conko is a good option for you in Week seventeen. Plus, it gives you a great story to tell, and when you win your championship, you're like, I beat you with Chigakonko, Like he's gonna be He's gonna be one of those guys that, like on social media, if it exists in ten years, you'll be like, let's name some dudes in like, Chicka Conko's name is gonna pop up.
Speaker 3: He's one of the best starts you could have this week for that exact reason, because like, yeah, okay, you could start a regular tight end and then people are like, all right, yeah you beat me.
Speaker 2: But if you start Chicka.
Speaker 3: Konko and win, you're gonna be like, I am so much smarter than name, and that's why I won this league.
Speaker 2: I am the greatest fairnesty football ever because I still.
Speaker 1: That was drive Your lineup presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camri.
Speaker 2: Whatever your vibe, it's a camera vibe. Learn more at Toyota dot com slash Camri.
Speaker 1: But anyway, hopefully this does help you out with some lineup decisions, helps you get set four. Championship Week should be a fun weekend. Of course, we got three games. By the way, I should be a company man here and tell you that we have a triple header on NFL Network. It all kicks off in the morning with Game Day Morning. It starts with Chargers at Patriots, follow that up with Broncos Bengals, and in the nightcap Cardinals Rams at Sofi Stadium. So three games for you on Saturday, and of course that rolls right into your regular Sunday slate as well in week seventeen. But for us that'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. A happy, safe and healthy, do good, and live well. Enjoy Thursday night football as well. We got the Seahawks and the Bears on that one, and we will talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Don't Bob, don't no