Speaker 1: I don't like for me, like hanging stuff on the wall, like I don't even know what. I just get so freaked out. I don't know why, because I think you gotta like look for the stud or something, and then I just take.
Speaker 2: A nap stud finder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like I'm hanging up something, you're.
Speaker 2: Going to need a stud finder for that.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's it's a disorder. So I'm like, I'm one of those guys. A's like a milk rate and like a flesh light.
Speaker 2: That's your room decor. Yeah. And the flash lights just I don't use Yeah, yeah, it's actually what you use for a reading.
Speaker 1: It's just yeah, it's just you know, you know, my god, do they have a light? They don't actually have a light.
Speaker 2: Do they. I always assumed they did. I'm realizing that just because it's just a fun play on a flash light.
Speaker 1: But right, it's a flash light.
Speaker 2: I just assume they lit up like when you fuck them for something.
Speaker 3: Now they don't light up, man, they stay dark and you can't see you come inside of it.
Speaker 2: Oh weird, how do you clean?
Speaker 1: Thank you well, Chris?
Speaker 2: Have you met your keys before? Oh?
Speaker 1: Jacquies, okay, yeah, we have met it's been ages though. Its brain wipe coming up.
Speaker 2: Brain white.
Speaker 1: You remember podcasts from iHeart Someone talked about it in the comments, Jackies. My brain was when I first started coming on the show and I came was in the studio and I had so much colebrew and no food, and like, I lost my mind during the show and we had to stop it. I had to eat a hard boiled egg, like for real.
Speaker 3: Like I was like, uh uh uh oh g days in studio, days in studio days?
Speaker 2: Should we go back? Kirkland Colebrew, Kirklin Colebrew.
Speaker 3: I always got the best snacks there. I missed the hard boiled eggs there.
Speaker 2: That is Yeah, that was our most popular hard boiled eggs in a jar.
Speaker 1: I eat them playing next to my flesh light.
Speaker 2: You actually score them in your flesh light. Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three seventy two, Episode four of Daily zai icet Day production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. We now have a YouTube channel that you can go check out Daily's ice pod. We drop an episode a week. I think one is dropping today, so go check it out. See what we look like while we're saying stuff like this. It's Friday, January twenty fourth, twenty twenty five. My name is Jack O'Brien aka. I watched Jaws one hundred times, and I would watch one hundred more, just to be the kid who watches Jaws a hundred times before keys four dot dot da orda do do dot could go either way with the chorus to that one courtesy of Richard B.
Speaker 4: Three p.
Speaker 2: Sixty on the Discord, In honor of my first identity, the kid who watched Jaws one hundred times. That was the first thing that I was known for as a human being. I'm very proud. He was like, man, it seemed Jaws so many times, you guys, it was like what my cousins knew about me. They're like, oh, Ji, you know, Jackie, you still like Joels. I still remember that people from because of this identity, I still know that people from Philadelphia pronounced Jaws as the plural of Joel. He still like Joels. Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined in our second seat in the Miles Seat by an award winning podcast host, writer, producer, comedian, and actor hosts the Must See Live comedy show, comedian clash Nay, comedian Fude is that right, used to be comedian Feud. Now it's comedian Class, which has a couple shows coming up at sketch Fest. He's got a lot going on at sketch Fest. It's your keys, Neil.
Speaker 5: You make me want to lead the one of it. It's not a new relationship with you. We I just singing, ushering changes. I don't change anything. I just sing this boy the situation SIDNTR.
Speaker 2: That's it, and that's all I give you. That's one of my favorite AKA writers. I think it's Halsey on Salad does this and Hannah Soltis, two of our great AKA writers. Will do like a whole verse of a song and then change a single word, just.
Speaker 3: One single word that saves and copyright.
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 3: Negross? How we doing?
Speaker 1: How we live in?
Speaker 2: Got a busy weekend?
Speaker 3: Come out?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: We do?
Speaker 3: Man, I'm mist sketch Fest. You know, listen, I know there are some people who once once we start saying the goodbyes, they tune out. So I'm I want to promote this right up top. I'm at sketch Fest all weekend this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: January twenty fifth. At twenty six, I got four shows Comedian Clash. We got names like Lamar and Morris in the House, Paula Tompkins in the Wow, Tone Bell, don'lce Sloan. We even got Amy Schneider from Jeopardy Fame what like it is crazy? And then if you want to see me high as fuck, come to pass that blunt all Black improvisers. We are improvising an hour of comedy high as hell. It is going to be a beautiful time. Come out to sketch Fest. I might even fuck you. Don't tell my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I'm just my spent this week promoting your shows.
Speaker 3: She has been listen. We may fuck you, we may wow And that's you know, that's what I'm saying. You want to come have a threesome? Yeah, just come to three of my Everybody who comes to three of my shows gets to have a threesome with me and my girlfriend, who has been on this show so many times. That is legally now legally blinding, legally legally binding. We will illegally blind you may bodies.
Speaker 2: Because of some weird ship that they're into.
Speaker 3: All right, I can't wait for somebody to like send her a clip with this and like she texts me like, did you say you will fun somebody in San Francisco? Yeah, yeah, denying. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh what No, And there's actually there's no way to find out if that's true, because it is it, Yeah, there is, because it's there's too many daily.
Speaker 1: It's also the age of lying. So it's exactly like this episode was that. Yeah, try go find it, go find it? All right, Well, Jacquies, Uh, good luck at sketch Fest. It sounds like it's going to be a blast that gang go out represent as you always.
Speaker 3: Tickets are selling out, you know, they might be sold out before the end of the weekend. We'll get your tickets.
Speaker 1: Hurry, hurry.
Speaker 2: Jaquise Wert thrilled to be joined in their surge eat by a hilarious stand up comedian, actor, musician. You can listen to his podcast, Colebrew Got Me Like Anywhere. His book, The Advice King Anthology is available now and the audiobook soon to be available coming out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mentioned it last time and I forgot to say why, And it was because because I get like my financial deal is like it was so bad at the book it was so bad with the book, and I'll get a good chunk of this. But I it's finally done and it should be out in like two months. Because there's some like big that goes like I have the files done, but then it takes two months to go up. But when I talk, when I when I have it up, I certainly will tell I was just excited last week because we had it.
Speaker 2: Done, you know.
Speaker 1: And it's just unbelievable how much time it takes. It's just crazy. I don't know how anybody. I mean, if you don't have a friend who has a music studio, I can't imagine. It's like a And even if you do have a friend, they'll end up in raged at you because they're like, this took fifty hours.
Speaker 2: I could have recorded in there and read for seventeen eighteen hours, recorded.
Speaker 1: Nine modest mouse records to use the current band.
Speaker 2: It's Chris motherfucking Crafted.
Speaker 1: Okay after Jaquies is like extremely sexy, truly one of our great AKA here's mine that someone sent me. Oh Chris crofton how do you say?
Speaker 2: Oh Christmas Tree? Crofton Oh Chris crofton, Oh.
Speaker 1: Chris crofton, Oh Chris crafton.
Speaker 6: He really like his cole brew. He has a book, It's for your Ears. Production took a couple of years. Oh, Chris crofton, Wow, Chris crafton.
Speaker 1: He really likes his cold brew.
Speaker 2: Damn. So thank you.
Speaker 1: Sam Odell for the World's Least sexy Aka, I love it.
Speaker 3: I know what that was, don't nobody?
Speaker 2: Time I pictured you singing that with a with a sniffer of egg nug in a in a night sweater by a roaring fire. It made me horny. It gave me a good erection. According to it.
Speaker 3: To make one person wet, one person wet, and it's sexy.
Speaker 1: Well, I might as you can hold something up top too, because you're promoted sketch Fest. So come to this. Come today tonight when this is up, because this will be up tomorrow, right, yeah, yeah, Friday, So it's up today. Oh I forgot I yeah today?
Speaker 2: Okay, recorded Youurriday.
Speaker 1: It's Friday.
Speaker 2: It's Friday, so tonight, Yeah, I think we need more? Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm just gonna be a Lincoln Lodge on the eight o'clock show that's in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I've been having a lot of fun in Chicago. It's so Chicago.
Speaker 3: You'll better show.
Speaker 2: Don't do me wrong, christ Is show with a city Chicago. Keep the keep the good vibes going.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing. It's like, very very cold.
Speaker 2: And my comment that your song gave me a powerful erection was a reference to a story that we're gonna be covering maybe later. I now, now we have to get to it.
Speaker 1: Oh definitely, but I'm exhausted, so I can't, like, I'm not gonna do some show takeover or any kind of thing like that.
Speaker 2: All right, Chris, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're gonna tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. We're definitely gonna talk about that Brian Johnson guy the like I want to live Forever guy who you know used his eighteen year old son is a blood bag and now is tweeting out images of the like metrics from his from an app. He uses to track both his boner and his eighteen year old son's boner nighttime erections and he's just like flexing on everybody, being like, you can't even tell the difference. We both have great nighttime Boners. Anyways, I just want to look at that story and ask the question, should Democrats have maybe stuck with these guys are weird thing? I don't know they see it seems like I was resonating for a reason. He's not really connected to the Trump thing. He's just like a tech built you know, tech oligarch weirdo. But I just feel like there is a overall consensus that in addition to being corrupt, that like it feels like we should be able to just be like, look.
Speaker 1: At how what But anyway, yeah, no, this is the Nazis were strange. Yeah, yeah, and that's but of course none of this is rational. It's all just about control period. White people wanting to be in control and not having to be told that they can't be mean to women and all these crazy things that they think are God given fucking rights.
Speaker 2: Given right, Yeah, that's taken away for you know, some time, or even being threatened, they get so mad. They're so many, they're so mad they can't stop their their body from doing a Nazis like they're trying to hold it in and they just like can't stop it.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: For like one year, yeah, people were like, you should stop doing mean jokes about women, and they were like, we will overthrow the world, destroy.
Speaker 2: To overthrow everything, become full Nazis. Because you said that, we'll talk about that. We'll talk about I just want to talk about this one thing that Biden like tried to do. I said, like, I suspect that Biden had like a futility fetish or something, because like he just he loved to like do things and then have them like not work out, it seems like. And so there was just this one thing he did on the way out with the evil rights and then yes, exactly, he want like he thinks he gets all the point, he gets full credit for at least I tried. Hey I tried.
Speaker 7: Jack, try buster jack buster Jack.
Speaker 2: No malarchy there. So we'll talk about that and all that plenty more. But first, Chris Croft and we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 1: Well this is not if you get we can't like play it, but do you remember yesterday I was remembering that clip from a long time ago viral video from before like so I think it was long enough ago that it wasn't like viral properly, but it was just got passed around was that on video of the two people jogging in Portland in the snow, those two white people, and they're both like, this is the ideal kind of snow to jog in. And they're like it's just dry snow and and and it's just perfect. It cushions you just right. And then they on camera they jog away and and the lady.
Speaker 2: Falls down, the lady in the perfect snow. Yeah, And it's like.
Speaker 1: For me, it was like a metaphor for like, these people just like to hear the sound of their own voice. And some local newsperson asked them what they were doing jogging in the snow, and they made up this unbelievably pompous and absurd explanation for how they knew this snow was the best snow for jogging. And then and I think that's sort of like people really like the sound of their own voice and and and made up narratives like this snow is perfect for jogging, and we're not going to fall down because we're white. And then and also just because and they're like also just like sort of superior because they're like, you know what, most people think running and snow is a bad idea but we like, we went to Brown University and our parents are both rich and we're hot, so.
Speaker 2: We can like snow doesn't apply to the way they talk is important. I think we need to play this. Unfortunately, so good folks.
Speaker 1: Find the short version though, because there's a long version where they have a have the too much Yeah, that's it's great.
Speaker 3: While you're pulling that up. I also love the idea of somebody truly thinking, you know, there is people that think this that the reason I can't slip in snow is because my foot.
Speaker 7: Grip is superior to negroes. Actually they slip too easily. Mm hmm, definitely because they didn't stay long enough for me.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like them saying the same thing about fascism, like actually, fascism is perfect to jogging.
Speaker 3: It's like you don't until they're proven wrong.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: I can't say I buying.
Speaker 2: We're nice to just stop for a quick second and I said, what are you doing running? And you're saying it was really good out.
Speaker 1: It's the perfect texture for running, very low impact on its dry snow, so youre if you don't get wet. What have you seen while you've been out running.
Speaker 2: It's been a lot of fun. There's a lot of other runners and more skiers than runners, for sure. I think they've got a little bit of the advantage with the whole stride and glide thing.
Speaker 3: But it's too nice to not be out here.
Speaker 2: Keep on the run. That's sorry to have kept you, but I appreciate you guys talking with us. All right, thanks.
Speaker 8: We've seen a lot of people out here, like you said, running sledding, just enjoying it.
Speaker 3: One thing, I can't believe you've never seen this, Jack, I've seen it so good.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've seen it. I just I needed the listener to hear the context of their answer to understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's just.
Speaker 2: Just the perfect footfall, the perfect It reminded me of like, you know, like sorry, and then for the description takes like an amazing fall, like slip feet fly out from under her.
Speaker 1: She could have broken a bone, like it was not a small.
Speaker 3: Straight on her back and neck and head.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, like all all parts of the back of her body all at the same time.
Speaker 3: And it was perfect too. Because the camera didn't stay on the newscaster, it followed them on their run, you know, this lady's like, let's just see them, you know, take off of the first ten yards and in that perfect ten yards, she ate every amount of ship, that every.
Speaker 2: Piece of ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make it like out of sight and she could have fallen down like eight times and they still would have been fine, but they just had she made it five more feet. And it reminded me of like Hillary Clinton or something being like you know, I don't know, it just it just kind of resonated, like the same kind of talking that like we need to like all we need to do is say this ship and then we'll get elected and like, you know, magical thinking.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, smug.
Speaker 3: To be clear, when she fell, yeah, it looked like it hurt. And she laying on that ground like it hurt. So let that be a warning. Yeah, stop talking at ass ship people, because when you fail, it's hurt. Mostly because I'm gonna come punch you in the nuts.
Speaker 2: Chris, what is something that you think is underrated? Oh?
Speaker 1: Underrated? First, I was gonna say, recognizing Nazi salutes?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. And I what is that in the kind of Is that a reference to something I've missed in the news.
Speaker 1: I not familiar recognizing Nazi salutes. Then I also said acknowledging death, because I just can't believe we're letting all these eighty year olds who are like with their last breaths abuse us, like I don't, I just don't, all because all because capitalism doesn't want to acknowledge death is bad for business, like and and and and the fact that we are that someone accumulates four hundred billion dollars is such a disorder, such an obvious illness. Yeah, it's, it's it's and it's and it's. You know, when I got a health scare this year, I thought I had lung cancer. Everything halts. All your money is useless, all your I mean, all it takes is a like acknowledging that you're a human to understand how stupid it is to hold enough wealth that you are ruining the whole planet's lot, I mean, destroying. I mean, it's just we don't. I mean, I'm just all I'm thinking about is how big these villains are, and how much, how how how unfortunate it is that humans are so easily deceived. But that's part of our, part of our you know, we're what here to be easily deceived, I don't know how to, you know, I don't know what's the plan here. I mean, death is obviously like the whole thing's of a crazy equation what we're living through.
Speaker 2: But perfect storm now that they've like tech has linked up with like the capital you know, the the rich old money like power, and now it's just like this perfect storm of like we're going to solve all the problems that capitalism hasn't been able to solve up to this point. We're gonna fly to Mars so that we don't need the environment. We're gonna fix death so that we live forever, and we'll like it really is.
Speaker 1: But in the meantime, we're just really stealing money because none of those things are gonna fucking happen. We're not anywhere near any of those things. Elon Musk is so firmly on the ground, he's everywhere on the ground. He's nowhere near Mars. He's not even he's no those rockets he has doing flips are nowhere near Mars.
Speaker 3: None of it.
Speaker 2: It's one of those guys.
Speaker 1: It's all a grift by people who are fucking insane, like but I mean clinically insane.
Speaker 2: And and and Uh, anyway, sorry, I'm going to like Doctor Strangela. I do just want to like I I I it's a it's a well known movie, but I feel like if you're out there and you're like, this movie is black and white, I've not watched it because it's black and white and old and like, it's it's wild how many things, Like I think about it every day now because of something that's happening in the news. But ultimately, like it's about they find themselves in this situation where like it's they're in control of a decision that would like end life on the planet, and they're ultimately like, we should end the life on the planet and like repopulate things ourselves in a cave because then we get to have sex and be like powerful. But also the performance of the titular character is so reminiscent of what Elon Musk is physically doing on that stage. It's it's so fucking weird.
Speaker 1: Well, you can look at those things, Yeah, that movie is amazing that and you can look at like you can actually look we've been around long enough, or technology has been around long enough that you can look at like newsreels from like the eighteen hundreds like late eighteen hundreds of like people you know, wearing tall hats, like walking around Paris or whatever on cobblestones, and you know, you can realize that every single person in that video, every single one of them is dead and uh yeah, and you know, like so there will be a time where you know, you don't this isn't there's no urgency.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: Is just this urgency, this false urgency, like we need to do this now, and we need to we need to of AI. We can't like we can't let everybody like get ahead of us on AI.
Speaker 3: And it's like get.
Speaker 2: Ahead of what.
Speaker 1: You guys are the ones that, well, you're there's no urgency, there's no one competing. You're the same five guys in every country pushing this AI. There's no competition. You guys are just pushing a grift where you get tons of money. You know, there's no AI is not essential to anything. It doesn't help anybody. It's garbage that you guys are pushing because you can get funding and it may or just like it's just a startup. Everything's just a scam to raise money for these five dudes that are completely unevolved and and I know we're at a point where that's starting to dawn on everybody, which you know, I wish it just you know, I wish I wish it could have happened before they already had all the money.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think we're maybe underestimated like how powerful they are and how like this is like that they're you know, Elon Musk is the richest person who's ever lived, and probably like at a certain point, people are going to be like that, you know, we can't do this anymore. So it's gonna be generationally his name is going to go down in history like that because of this like one like the un Yeah, because of like this one period in history where like we didn't have safeguards in place, and the tech industry just like created these people who were richer than entire nations. And it's gonna like shape the next one hundred years.
Speaker 1: I wish I could be a like I think the fun of is the fun of this is going to be a thousand years from now going over like this period'll be really fun because they'll just be like, holy fuck, these people are fucking stupid disaster. I mean, look at these fools. Yeah, all because they got a machine that takes pictures in their pocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: And they love images of themselves. And I guess they never read the story of Narcissus the myth, but you know who, I don't.
Speaker 2: I didn't really either, I just know the outline. Like there's all these like weird historical coincidence, like not coincidences, but like, for instance, like all these religious figures were alive around the same time, all these like scientific figures were alive around the same time. Like so like Jesus and like Confucius, and like all these people around the world. You know, like there were just like forces that made it possible and made it make sense for them to all like kind of come about at the same time. And I feel like we're dealing with like the worst possible version of that, where we've got these like tech generation, like literally generationally wealthy tech figures who are going to be like generations from now are going to have to be dealing with the shit.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you quickly that Jack past ten to fifteen years, just to back up. I want to tell you in case you're not familiar with the story of Narcissus. He pushed a huge rock up a hill. Yeah, that's the one, and it just kept going back down. And then he had this painting in the attic that got old, but he didn't get old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah, yeah that's the one. So I just want to I thought you hadn't read it. That's your something, you're an expert.
Speaker 1: I wrote it, good memory.
Speaker 2: Let's take a quick break. We'll be right back. And we're back, and Chris, we do like to ask our guests also, what's something you think is overrated? Oh? Did I do that? Man?
Speaker 1: I forgot that that was so deep or so sad. When I just brought up that, I forgot that was your underrated. Yeah that sucks dad or whatever. Oh oh good death overrated. First of all, I'm thirteen years sober today. If anyone wants to reach out to me about sobriety, I'm always.
Speaker 2: Open to that.
Speaker 1: I also used to have a really good time drinking, so I'm not you know, I just can't do it anymore. But I'm not like, if you do drink, you know, and you're having fun, that rules. I wish I could drink, because now seems like it'd be a really good time to drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you were good at it, but I'm not.
Speaker 1: So I've been it's sober for thirteen years, and so I'm very grateful for the support. I'm grateful for the zeitgeist for allowing me to talk about it, even though it's not the most entertaining topic all the time. I'll never forget that. Remember the live one, Jack, where we had that one about the year two thousand. Yeah, and you asked me like it was in person, and and and we had the chat in front of us on a big screen and it was like blazing by all the like hello Jack or whatever, just a covert remember the fuye like all this shit going by, Yeah, ohelming And I said, Jackie's I said. They said what's overrated? I said alcohol and some I just saw a comment that just said I paid ten dollars to go to an AA meeting, which I saw and I said, I am so sorry. If I was still drinking, I'd be so angry right now. So anyway, but if you are having any trouble, please dm me on Instagram or whatever. I'm happy to talk anytime. Yeah, but overrated, I would say, looking at maps, because I will tell you I went to I did a show on the way to chicag go in Kirksville, Missouri, and it was absolutely a blast. But if I had known where Kirksville, Missouri was, I would never have gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I don't.
Speaker 1: I was like, Missouri, how far can it be?
Speaker 2: So faced like I'll stop by that state on my way to others. State is uh, yeah, Well.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem. Was like, it's not how far Kirksville was, but that I I just on my own decide it was on the way to Chicago.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I like, they kept saying, and we can't believe you came. We can't believe you came. And I was like, I don't see what the big deal is. It's on the way to Chicago, and they said, no, it's not. When I found that out, but it ended up being because it was eight hours to Kirksville from Nashville. I was thinking Saint Louis was like the top of the state or something, so that's five hours. So I had no idea it was eight hours, but I don't care. I'm down for an adventure. That's the other thing is like I want to kind of know where I'm going, but I find out when I put it in the machine, you know, so eight hours. But then I didn't check what happens from Kirksville to Chicago. So I said to my friends in Chicago, like, I'll be done in Kirksville like probably morning of Thursday, so i'll be.
Speaker 2: Up You think that's like thirty five forty men or whatever it is Monday.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'll be up there in like three and a half hours or whatever. And then I looked at the thing. It's like six hours.
Speaker 2: Another six yeah, yeah, And that's when it really get to you, the second leg of the trip. But it was so great.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to hype Kirksville, but everywhere I go, I want to move there if there's like one nice person there, because especially I'm so fucking mad at Nashville. So I'm like, oh boy, oh boy, this place rules. Maybe I'll move here.
Speaker 2: And they're like, well, yeah, there's the cool things you should know.
Speaker 3: For her, They were like, all forty people want to move out.
Speaker 1: All forty people. The forty people in this room are the only cool forty people.
Speaker 3: This time.
Speaker 2: We all know each other by name.
Speaker 4: Also, if you come, you have to bring a woman Jesus. They're like, there are no do not come here single.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a club. They're like, I mean, they're just.
Speaker 1: Telling filling me in, like, hey, this isn't near Chicago. You don't want to move here. But I had so much fun because it's a farm town that has a university and and they had a great college radio station that was like playing M and M and ship. It was fun, so fun, you know, it felt like it felt like and I am not opposed to finding small communities, like moving somewhere where you can feel fucking sane, you know. So I I I don't think that that is self preservation. There's no shame in like being like Nashville is becoming a you know, a venture capital nightmare. If I'm just trying to figure out, like I could fight that I ran for office, but I'm not gonna win. I am not gonna win that battle. Nashville wants it to be. The powers that be in Nashville are not this is I'm not gonna nobody's turning this around. So I was just like Kirksville, maybe not, you know, it's not as close to Chicago as I thought.
Speaker 3: But but anyway, maybe maybe you have a nice little apartment there where rent is two hundred and seventy two dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, six guys got together and rented a storefront in the old like town square that used to sell like grain and stuff. And they just rent a storefront and have shows in there. They just put up some Christmas lights and they have a coffee maker and it was amazing and they had a great band that played. And it turns out that Truman University in that area is like a liberal arts college. Like it was a public school, so it was cheap, but it was a liberal arts model, so it was like kind of like a waiver people who couldn't afford a fancy you know, go to fucking Harvard or I don't know.
Speaker 2: What a liberal art school is, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like it was like an artsy college for at a public price. So that's interesting. And then on top of that, an hour away in Iowa. That's how close I was. I was like, oh, I'm right by No, it's right near Nashville.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Iowa.
Speaker 1: So Iowa has this town called Fearfield, Iowa. That's the center of transcendental meditation. It was like built around that that was an hour away from Kirksville. So I didn't really know there was like these little like sort of intellectual outposts in like I mean, there aren't that many, you know, and they're like the outpost is forty people, you know, and they're all here and they're all dudes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But anyway, there are cool towns, So don't reck the map great Land that aren't like the big three like cities and that have amazing people in them, you know.
Speaker 1: So load up your debit card and don't look at maps. There you go, just just drive extra couple of tanks of gas that you didn't know about.
Speaker 2: All right, let's uh, let's get into just real quick. I wanted to talk about We're at the one week anniversary of Biden's last minute Equal Rights Amendment statement, his like big flourish as he left office. That feels like it's kind of a good metaphor or for his whole thing, his whole administration. So he declared that the Equal Rights Amendment is now quote, the law of the land, guaranteeing all Americans equal rights and protections under the law, regardless of their sex. And so a lot of people pointed out that this implied in this was that he was then going to order the Archivist of the United States to publish the Equal Rights Amendment. That was like the actual like physical thing that needed to happen, like the follow up to be like, yeah, so this is what I'm doing. A lot of people have also pointed out, like Trump would have probably found a way to overturn this, and he like couldn't have necessarily gotten away with it, but like making the statement suggested that he had like thought through that and like done some legwork to make these things possible now, and instead, not only had he not done that leg work, not like worked with because his own Department of Justice had previously ruled like that he couldn't do this, and so when he made the statement, people are like, oh shit, he like worked with the dj and like got them to like on board. So didn't do that. So hadn't even like done that work and then didn't do the follow up call with the look, I don't know what the fucking archivist is, Like, I don't know anything about that, but like presumably the Biden, the top people in the president's cabinet and staff should know. Yeah, they were like, our position is he said it, so the archivist should just publish it because of that thing he said, just shirking all responsibility for what happens next. So essentially he made this big statement to quote. I think it was a Jezebel article. The declaration quote doesn't mean shit, and nothing happened, and it just I don't know. It seems like he has a futility fetish, Like I remember multiple times during his presidency where he would like say he was doing a thing and then not be able to do the thing and then be like, what the well, you know what am I supposed to do? My hands are tied, And in this case, I don't. I don't know, like I remember it. With regards to student debt forgiveness, I know he did do a lot of student debt forgiveness, but when it came to like predictable pushback from the Supreme Court and Republicans and businesses, and then, you know, the place that it was most obvious was like with Israel, where he spent the year and a half like talking about how poed he was that net and Yahu wouldn't listen to him, Like it's like he thinks he's getting like a's for efforts on all of these things, and yeah, I think this is how you get to a place where not just the extremely rich think authoritarian authoritarianism is a good idea because it like allows them to be corrupt and continue getting richer. But like, also it seems like a bunch of people think authoritarianism is a good idea because you have just lived through a bunch of presidencies where as the world literally burns, the president keeps like throwing his hands up and being like what am I supposed to do? Or in the case of Obama, like bailing out Wall Street and like making fucking people pay for the bailout with taxes, while after running as like the Hope and Change candidate, Like it's.
Speaker 1: That I cried when he was elected.
Speaker 8: I'm so happy, Yeah, and then I felt totally rip off. Yeah, I mean, it's just it's been bad, bad times for the brand of like the US president getting shit done, and so with like I just I think that's important context for like what we're seeing now where Trump is just like, yeah, I'm going to be a fucking dictator, and you know, a bunch of albeit racist people seem to like be like hell, yeah, lets it, let's let's see.
Speaker 2: Where we're going with it.
Speaker 1: Well, it also feeds into conspiracy theories, because why in the world, if this, if the Democrats were so upset about Trump being an existential threat, why in the world didn't they go all out to pass every executive order, every single possible thing in the last few months. And they didn't. They didn't do fucking anything. They've packed up, and I think the Democrats kind of acted like, well, we tried to teach these dumb ass racists and idiots what it's like, you know. We tried to show that this is the most pragmatic way to be, is the way we are being. We have to like, you know, like but see later. You know what we did our part. We can't help if everybody's an idiot, Like see you guys later, have fun, Like we're just going to retreat to Martha's vineyard where we already lived, right, I mean, I think it's pod Save America, which I'm I'm even mad. I'm so mad at Podsave America. And I don't even ever watch it or really have never seen it. I've seen just bits of it, and I want to fuck I just want to I just can't believe, you know, you can't say podsave America when you're the ones who fucked America, right, you're the guys who fucking put Obama in office, and and as in a in a trick, like as a trick. I mean, I don't know if Obama was used, but they wouldn't allow him to do hope and change if he was really wanting to.
Speaker 3: You know, I just feel like a combination. It feels like it was a combination, but it does. I do know. Like one of the things that it's annoying about our Democratic leaders and also what we see with the Republican leaders that come into office, whether it is through Congress or the presidency, is the fact that you know, it's a lot of it feels like it's a lot of talk talk talk, talk talk for your side apparently, and then on the left side with the leaders that are in office, it's all to talk, no follow through, and they're trying to placate to both sides in a way that doesn't work because you they're never gonna they're never gonna like what you are doing, like and I know it's more complex and nuanced than that, but what that allows them to do is to just like what Biden did throughout this whole administration is I'm gonna do this and then make a hot half ass try at it and then never fucking do it or it doesn't go all the way through. And it's like, Nigga, you've been in office for ninety five fucking years. You know how this game is, Like you know, you know, like this isn't new to you. So and so what that means is like if I if I do something and I know what the outcome is, but I'm doing it to make the people who are ignorant to the process think that I'm doing something, I'm manipulative. Yeah, Like, and that's what it feels like. That's what Biden did for four years. It was just like mass manipulation to the people who put him in office.
Speaker 1: And was that his intention?
Speaker 2: Do you think?
Speaker 1: Or was that something that he just couldn't help but do because he was too in front.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm trying to figure out, Like is it maybe is it like a thing where he's letting himself off the hook by being like, look, I just did this thing, and I tried, I tried my best, and like he's I'm gonna go down in history as that tried my best president, or if he was literally thinking that he could get up there and people were so like not savvy and checked out, that they would just be like, there he did the thing, you know, Because here's the thing with Obama.
Speaker 3: And I'm not excusing Obama. Look, I love you. I'm a black man. We had a black president. I'm from Chicago. We had a Chicago president. That will always mean something to me, Like, it will always mean something to me, and anybody who says it shouldn't consuck the deepest levels.
Speaker 2: Of my dick.
Speaker 3: But like, and they're saying levels and some deep levels. And that's not me excusing all the bullshit that he did. Like two things could be true. So like he also was severely disappointed. But the one thing about Obama in relation to Biden is that Obama, a lot of people forget, had just hit the political scene four to six years before he was elected president, which is a very short time in politics. Now. The reason I'm bringing that up is when you talk about a Biden and you talk about somebody who's been in politics since eighteen forty two, like you would think that he knows how this works, and you would think that he's entrenched in in a way where he's above the games and the manipulation of the politics around him, as opposed to an Obama Like Chris, you brought this up, was he used in a way, And like I do think there's some elements of that because he was brand new in politics. He wasn't a career politician at that point. Now he learned it really fucking quick, but he wasn't like a career politician like Biden was. And so Biden when somebody like Obama runs on the hope and change and then like the rug is pulled out from underneath you, like there is an element of maybe that's where you were, and also you got played by the people around you. When somebody like Biden runs on hope and change and this nigga's been in office for seven decades and then you pulled a rug fromount under us, then you are the problem.
Speaker 2: With my friend, Like you should know.
Speaker 3: You know this game. You're supposed to have all these relationships like people who were born and you were a senator and now are working with you, like he like, come on, bro, Like the reason.
Speaker 2: He talks like that, like says malarkey and shit like that and calls people jack is because like when he started, that was the equivalent of like riz and like you know, cool gen zealing go like that was that was cool stuff that people were like, man, this guy's pretty edgy corn pop story. Never yeah, that was him just like reverting to like straight and he first came in sounded out of like it was out of a literate little abner. They were like this new generation of politicians like Joe Biden grew up, you know, with their fancy, new fangled habits of like hitting a hoop down the street with a stick, like he's you know, he says things like malarkey, his his smack is.
Speaker 1: So I forgot about Hideo who.
Speaker 2: Never forget?
Speaker 3: Who knows if I'm not mistaken, Like if he's not the longest, he's in the top ten of people who have been in politics the longest, Like he was came in and it was the youngest senator when he was elected and the oldest dirt when he left politics finally a week ago so or six seven days ago, and so like it was just so distant. If it was, it's more upsetting, uh, because you know, we put him in office, nobody expected him to like be hope and change. But we put him in office off the things that he said he would do, and then he went in knowing how the game works and just played the fucking game and expects us to be like, well he tried, man, fuck you.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's the part I wonder. I was, like, you know, I was okay with the idea of like, oh, I can understand his presidency in the sense that like he's trying to show that the dignified, incremental way as opposed to like, I'm not some guy like Trump who's like just gonna go crazy. So that's like the choice, like I'm showing you how the system works in a way where we just do things the way they're supposed to be. But what I don't, which is what makes me think of like conspiratorially, is I don't understand the last few months since he lost the election why he didn't do anything. That's the part where I'm like, I do not get it, Like if I was doing in his uh you know, resentment about being replaced on the ticket. His theory is he would have won the election and we got sucked, and which is insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, totally so I just.
Speaker 1: Don't I don't know how to I don't know how to think about him.
Speaker 3: You know. It feels like he didn't do anything because he didn't want to do anything.
Speaker 1: That's that's my that's my suspicion, because even if he didn't want to do it, the people around him, Yeah, I mean, well the obvious example is Israel Palestine. I mean, like, you know, they didn't want to do anything, and everyone knows that now and you can't undo that. So that's where the Democrats have nothing, no brand anymore. They don't have any trust, you know, and I mean, no one trusted the Republicans. But that's why people like the Republicans, because they're just like, oh, well, they're the real thing.
Speaker 3: At least they say madness of course, and they and and they even in an underhanded way at the very least, you know, seemingly care about their base, to the point where Trump was like, I'm gonna do all this ship and then this motherfucker is like doing it, like in a way that he was like I don't care if I push it through. I don't care, like if you if you're a senator who was not on my agenda, like go like jump in the river, uh and like as bullshit. But like I know, like a lot of Democrats be like I wish our side could be like that. Yeah, but there's an element where I wish our side could be like that sometimes because like, you know, instead of making all these promises in these half ass attempts, yeah, we want you to do shit. We want you to like push it through and be like this is for the better of the fucking people.
Speaker 1: Did you see the mayor of Chicago's statement about the other day about about like how he's not gonna let ice come in here and all this sort of stuff, like and the way he spoke, that's like I was like, that's the kind of talk we needed on the campaign. Like he was just like fuck these people, Like fuck these people. I mean, he was just saying friggin and stuff.
Speaker 2: But I mean like that's.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's why I feel like, you know, I feel like the Democrats, you know, I'm I don't feel like they're they're not like they didn't want they were more comfortable with fascism than than changing one fucking thing about their their own corruption.
Speaker 2: They're yeah, Like so the reason that Trump had a campaign in the first place in twenty fifteen. Like how it was brought together is because like there was you know, Steve Bannon and like other really wealthy donors had this idea, like had this data that said Americans wanted an outsider candidate, which is like exactly what we're talking about, this idea that like somebody could come in and just like fucking force things to get done. And both sides wanted it, and like Bernie Sanders got a lot of support and like almost beat Hillary Clinton, the most establishment candidate, like on the Democratic side, and Trump on the Republican side did beat the you know, all of the establishments, and now like that this is like this is the result of that, Like the Democrats kept doubling down on establishment and going back to the establishment stuff. But like the reason that Trump is popular and that Sanders had like that upswell of support is because people recognize that something is broken and fucked about the system, and the Democrats are a institution that is like specifically designed to not recognize that. And so it just feel it feels like we're going to as long as I don't know what the way is out of this, because it feels like the Democrats are going to find a way to like double back down on whatever. The establishment oh the answer, I mean, yeah, because that's all they are that they are the establishment.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing too. I know we got to move on, but like to another topic or take a break, sough. But here's another thing too. When at you know, twenty sixty to side in twenty twenty, the talk in the media at least or amongst people was, what is the Republican Party now? After Trump, you know, got booted out, anybody got elected, They're broken. Who's the leader, Who's this, who's that, who's this? Like nobody knew the direction of the Republican Party and all these things. And that was the talking in the media on so online and everything like that. And what they were quietly doing in those two to three years until it was like time to start launching campaigns Eason and Trump came back and rolled a wave to victory was they were quietly assembling like the tech industry and like going on social media and like actually like using the tool that they hated in the previous four years to their advantage and doing a lot of things to like shore up the fact that no matter what was going to happen. Trump was going to get elected, and like the leadership and the vision and the structure of the Republican Party came together quick as fuck, yeah, because it was crazy. Right now, we are saying the same thing about Democrats. What's the direction, who's the leader, where are we going, What's gonna happen? This, that, and the other. The hope is that maybe behind the scenes something that's happening. Unfortunately, the faith that I have in that is almost zero. And like that's the problem. Like, you got your asses handed to you, and it was partly mostly your fault. What are you doing now?
Speaker 2: You got too?
Speaker 3: Like jay Z when he retired and like he had his first song and like when he was coming back and at the end of the song, he was like, y'all got two months to get y'all shipped together. Good luck. Like that's how he ended his first song after his retirement in three like I want, like the Democrats to be in that mindset. I've got two years to get y'all shipped together, good luck. Like we're we're we're building, we're we're getting ship ready, and I just don't think that's happening. And that ship pisses me off more than anything else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, Yeah, I don't know how it can have Like I'm at the point where I'm just like, I don't know how how an organ an organism that is like specifically designed as a like anti change, self sustaining power machine is gonna is going to create change and I don't know, not do something that would undermine its own ability to sustain itself. It's uh, I I don't know, pretty bleak on the democratic side. Let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about tech guy and his son's boner contest will be oh no, and we're back.
Speaker 3: And this is why I requested to be on this episode.
Speaker 1: That yeah, speaking up over here, I'm like, I'm gonna sex up my commentary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, making me feel like.
Speaker 1: Just a damn prude over here. Prude that's the oldest word in the world. That didn't help. That didn't help, all right, go ahead.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, Just like with the tech the tech industry, who are now you know, Mark Zuckerberg's trying to convince us like he's just a guys guy, always has been. You know, he's he's into smoked meats and uh threw his hair. Du Yeah, oh Zuckerberg, Yeah, cool dude, But like, I don't know, I think that whole these guys are weird. Thing for the Democrats stumbled on with Tim Walls and then immediately you know, left left behind. I think might have been on this thing, you know, after watching Ela Musk go full Doctor Strange Love, where his body seems to be like giving a Nazi salute despite itself, like he can't help it. He just like his body like bursts out of his body, or like you know part of the movie where the person like can't stop their body from dancing, like where they're like, I don't want to dance, but then they're like shoulders starts like moving to the beat. It like feels like it was that except Nazi. Wait a minute, he was bursting forth.
Speaker 1: That I haven't seen Doctor Strange Love in a while. There is like a character that can't stop giving the Nazi salute.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, exactly, Doctor Strange Love himself can't stop. Yeah. Yeah, he has like alien hand syndrome where like the hand is you know, doing the thing, and then his other arm is like trying to fold it.
Speaker 1: I forgot about that. Yeah, yeah, I was imagining the guy riding the bomb, which is also relatable.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's that's all of us. But anyways, we have another rich tech guy stretching the limits of how weird all arcs can be. So I don't know. Brian Johnson is officially like connected to the conservative movement or what, but he's a tech multimillionaire. I think he sold his company for like three hundred and fifty million dollars and he's famous for investing all of the money into defeating his own death, like putting using his son as a blood bag, sleeping in hyperbaric chambers, meticulously documenting his penis health, and like deaging his penis is a thing that he likes to talk about. Like it's not exactly the same as Elam Musk's long term plan to like kill the earth but then like terraform Mars with a bunch of his own children. But it's like same universe. You know, It's like the thing Chris, that you were talking about of tap, like the inability to accept death and mortality and you know, the fact that human existence is finite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just making up stories which people have made. You know, long people have been how long rich people have been trying to extend their lives unsuccessfully. Guess what they're not. Look around and see how many fifteenth century rich people are around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, none one. Who's one. Who's Joe Biden? Yeah, Joe Biden, count orlock but anyway, yeah, yeah, but this is just so he posted yesterday some charts that to the naked eye might seem like just like weird metrics on you know, it could could be like readouts from like some some business spreadsheet. But in fact he helpfully provided the context that this is nighttime erection data from my nineteen year old son at and then like tags him and me. His duration is two minutes longer than mine. Raise children to stand tall, be firm, and be upright. This is just it's over be in jail. Yeah, it's is very very strange. This also like ties back to like we've talked before, the Speaker of the House, the Republican Speaker of the House, Mike Johnson, has it like publicly talks about using the app Covenant Eyes with his son, who is a teenager, which effectively means like he's talking about like having a not jacking off contest with his son's child abuse.
Speaker 1: The other thing is too it's all child abuse. That's not fucking You can't do that to your kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they do. I don't, So I don't know, like what weird, like how this keeps coming up for them, that they keep getting focused on their sons boners and like publicly bragging about them. But it is a strange little glimpse into like what what this version of oligarchy is going to look like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jack, you have children, I do, uh huh.
Speaker 2: Tell the people what I like where this conversation.
Speaker 3: Jack, you guys you got a son, right, yeah? Yeah, and Jack, you're a fan of technology. Tell the people what the things that we should be worried about from our sons, you know, give me the top three things that we should be worried about with our sons besides their boners, besides their boners, besides their bonus one. But you can take that off.
Speaker 2: I can't talk about their penises at all.
Speaker 3: No, I would, I would recommend not.
Speaker 2: Let me just change a couple of things around the Changers straight Changer spreadsheet.
Speaker 1: Let me turn off this monitor.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna make the Rose one through eleven disappear on there you go high.
Speaker 3: Right click hide Rose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so many things to be worried about with children to technology, like having them lose their free will to technology, you know, being like that, like the weird toxic parts of our culture don't like leach into them through the soil of just like everyday life. Yeah, there's just so so so much which you can only focus on it if you do, like find a way to ignore focusing on their boner health.
Speaker 3: Like to the thing. You know, like since the dawn of time, men have been toxic and you know, uh, and we passed that on to our sons, and we for some reason view their manly hood as a reflection of our manly hood and all these things and YadA YadA, YadA blah blah blah. It's just so funny to me. And I kind of mentioned this earlier, thinking about like Obama, right, and how Obama had the cool factor and like how like our last Democratic president before that, Bill Clinton. And I'm not talking about politics, I'm just talking about the charisma and the cool factors. Yeah, yeah, Like these dudes didn't need money to be sexy and people and people wanted to like be them and be around them, andlah blah blah blah, blah. And then you look at the Republican side where a lot of them are jealous of that because you know, for the most parts, they weren't like, you know, like they weren't viewed as like charisma magnets and attractive and blah blah blah. And you know, especially with like a lot of people in tech. I'm not trying, I'm just generalize. I know there is different people and everywhere, but a lot of people in tech probably would say when they were growing up, depending on how they grew up, they weren't always the most popular people in the class or you know, the most charisma blah blah blah. And it feels like everything now is geared toward the people with the money and like the everything that they have the tech world and shit like that. They are trying to tell us we've been men all along and we're manly men. Like Zuckerberg, Dude, you started Facebook because women thought you were gross r and so you wanted to like that's where it was hot or not, like that's why you started Facebook. Like let's let's not get it twisted. You were a dork and that's okay, that's fine, that's cool, Like but like this notionality. He's like, I'm a man's man, and like I'm going to track my son's boner and he's not doing that. But this person like, it's just so fucking it's just so fucking weird, like and it's just so weird, and it's stemming from the fact that for most of their lives they were told that, you know, you're not a desirable option. And in their mind that was because of different reasons, but what it was really because it was because you're just bad people like Mark. There's a lot of Mark Zuckerberg. There's a lot of people who looked like you, who get like partners and have riz and blah blah blah. It's not because how you look, it was your personality, bro like, and that's what a lot of these people don't get. It feels like.
Speaker 1: Also like a lot of these people come from Evangelical Christianity. I mean, this is a Christian theocratic movement where you're not allowed to be gay. You're literally not allowed to be gay. That community is no joke. I've been in I've been in the South. I grew up in Catholicism, which also was much milder about saying it, but they said, you know, it's a sin to be gay. They did not, and they're telling children that. So that makes you paranoid about performatively being straight. But the irony that the Christians they have a heavy, heavy, heavy code about homosexuality, which makes homosexual like makes it you know, it's a they say it's you know, you get it. I mean, I'm just saying that these people are doing like I have a my penis is healthy, my penis is healthy. Is just their way of saying, Daddy, I'm straight.
Speaker 2: I do just want to note that he posted the erection metrics and I saw his son's like is leading him in one category total duration of erection episodes, but has lower quality average erection quality. So he was actually like doing this to like flex on his like to make himself look like he had the best boners.
Speaker 1: I'm not gay and my son's not gay. I'm not gay and my son's not gay, even though I'm monitoring my son's dick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which isn't.
Speaker 1: Such a complicated topic because it's like I don't want to you know, it's just it's just but it's like these guys are a lot of times like they're just trying to prove how masculine they are in this way that's just like really connectable to Christian theocracy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think he grew up in the LDS Church.
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, Like you know, you're not allowed to fucking I mean whatever.
Speaker 2: You're allowed to soak.
Speaker 1: It's tough to talk about it, you're allowed to do. I feel like it's hard to talk about. But but but it's, uh, you know, anybody who grew up heavily, heavily religious, it's yeah, it's it's they're they're doing this to kids. I mean they're telling kids very serious stuff when they are little. Kids like that there's a hell and you go there if you're gay. That's fucking to children. They tell them that you believe shit when you're a child. You believe shit when you're five years old. When my dad told me that there was no point to leaving the house and everyone should sleep all the time, I took them seriously. And I've been asleep most of my life.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm religious. I grew up very religious. I have a lesbian mother or bisexual, but like you know, and my grandmother is a very a religious person. And I don't want to get too deep into, you know, talking about my family, but like I grew up in all that I grew up and I was close, It was close. Was it was in the household. And yeah, you grow up and you hear this and you believe it and you're brainwashed and you know, this is a whole other episode of a conversation. But like there is a thing that we also hope that you know, you eventually get out of it, right, And yeah, as we you know, folks like us or things like that, like try to shift the narrative on a global on a global scale or whatever, you know, like where more people are at least hearing that there are other options, right, there are other ways that there are other things.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we're having progress happening. We just had this because of the progress. We had this fucking like upsurge of straight, fucking white Christians just being like we're putting a stop to this because you know, because they probably think we're actually all going to go to hell for real, maybe.
Speaker 2: Some of them.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, it's just like you know, it's like if something foreign comes into your body, your body is going to it attack it, and you know what I'm saying, that's what they're doing. Then in their mind this is a foreign thing. They have to attack it and self preserve, right, And.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like an allergic reaction that kills the body. Is a good metaphor. That's all we can do. Make metaphors about the different ways that this is going to kill people and the country. But it's great making metaphors with you both. Chris, wonderful having you as always. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 1: Well you can find me on today in Chicago at eight pm at the Lincoln Lodge and then you can listen to Colberg Got Me Like and Good Morning, Got Me Like? Which I have been busy doing ketamine therapy, so I've lapsed on like on my podcast, but it will be back. It's just been a bit of a crazy couple of weeks with the you know, doing ketamine, the strip mall and everything.
Speaker 2: So, uh, I don't know Jackie's if you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, you probably don't know that, but I anyway, I just the collision of Eastern medicine and Western medicine is pretty funny in Tennessee, like them giving you giving you ketamine, but.
Speaker 2: They're like wow, yeah, yeah, it's like right next to the so yeah.
Speaker 1: So you can follow me on at the Crafton Show on Instagram and uh and on Blue Sky the Crafton Show that's where I do poetry window now and and uh yeah the Advice King Anthology. Just look out for the audiobook. I'll promote the hell out of it. So that's it, all right, Chris.
Speaker 2: We'll come back to you for a workimedia you've been enjoying, Jackith Neil, What a pleasure having you? Where can people find you and follow you? And is there a workimedia you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Well, you know you can always find me in these streets, baby, and I'm gonna be in these streets in San Francisco one more time this weekend. Go to my website, Jackiesneil dot com or my instagram if you want to get tickets, or San Francisco Skeshfest dot com. It maybe Sefsketchfest dot com, who fucking knows, but you will find it and go buy some tickets. Man, it's gonna be a great cast. I want to sell these things out. So if the Zeitgang is in the Bay Area this weekend, come show out you can find me on all social media, Instagram, blue Sky. I don't really post on Twitter anymore, but I am on there. I'm lurking. I'm lurking, and I'll reply to some shit. If you say some stupid shit, I'll reply to your ass. But I'm not posting on my own all. At jockeys Neil, that's where you can find that work a media that I've been enjoying. I'm gonna I don't have a like tweet or anything, but I'm gonna say mostly because I'm on it. Go check out drop Out TV.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 3: I'm on the current episode of Make Some Noise, which I am a regular on, and uh, you know, keep keep your eyes out as we go through on the months because there might be some other things popping up that you will not just see me on, but see me on. So check you know, keep keep the eye on drop Out TV. A lot of really dope stuff on there, a lot of people that you love making you laugh, really good people. So check it out and check out Make Some Noise. Echo Kellum Brigeiger and myself are on the latest episode and it's a funny ass episode, so you know, check it out.
Speaker 2: Go check it out love those folks. Chris Crofton, is there working media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just gonna continue my all out blitz of promoting Kristen to me because she was so nice to me last night and and that I like and I like her stand up so much. Just a tweet from her, you should get a tax credit for minding your own business.
Speaker 3: There you go. I like that.
Speaker 2: Let's see. Can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore, Brian on Blue Sky at jack Obi the number one at show Rebound on Twitter tweeted, just overheard someone say star crust lovers, and I do just love when like somebody's only heard a thing a number of times and uh.
Speaker 1: Just oh my god, that's so funny.
Speaker 2: It's like the yeah, you know, for all intensive purposes, like that intensive purposes, for all intensive purposes, but like that has so many forms in just day to day talking and especially now that we just like here here weird shit.
Speaker 1: That's like people saying things are taken out of context. And I think they think taking out of context is one word. That's like kind of like taking that out of context.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like one yeah, because it's like what there's no context, like, what are you talking about? That's a word that.
Speaker 2: Means you are in trouble anymore and just leave me alone.
Speaker 1: And it's spelled to ken t I K you and you know that's right.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist where at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page that we don't really update anymore. A website daize guist dot com that I don't know how often we update. But you can go to the episode that you're listening to right now. Check out the description of the episode, where you will find the footnotes food where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. And Miles is coming back soon, folks shout.
Speaker 7: Out to Miles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't haven't been on the episode since all the fires. I'm sure you guys have talked about everything, and yeah, I don't need to talk about it anymore. But you know, I I've been on this show enough. I think I'm in at least the hot ten as far as most episodes. So yeah, and then also like maybe and then for people who and for people who don't know because you guys have a lot of new listeners. I haven't been on as much in the past year, but you know I was. I was there on the ground floor when this shit started with all of us. So, like you know, I've known Jack and Miles for a very long time. Coachure Kings came over to what is now I heeart it was us, you know, Jamie and Caitlyn show, the Bechtel Caz dating ZiT. Guys. You know, it was like five of us and we yeah, we we started this whole thing. So, like you know, I've been a part of the family since the beginning. And shout out to Miles Man. He's such a good dude and I hate to see bad things happen to good people. But I appreciate everybody who you know, gave to him, showed out for him, supported him. Uh that support is going to keep needing to happen with him and a lot of people who are gonna need it in LA. But Miles is good people. I'm so sad this happened to him and his family. I appreciate the ZECH for showing out for him, and all love to Miles Man.
Speaker 2: For anybody who mow the episode since that, since it happened, Miles and his family lost their home and the fires.
Speaker 1: So just yeah, Miles is such a great guy and such a sweet guy. And yeah, you know, and I had a Zeit Gang guy at my show last night here in Chicago and he sent me a message, I'm coming to your show, zych gang, you know, and that happens all over the place. So and Miles is you know, big part. I mean half of that or whatever, you know what I mean, it's just like huge part, much more than I miss him.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, but uh, he's he's the best. We can't wait to have him back. While he's been out though, we have been having super producer Justin Connor come in and do the song recommendation and he's been knocking it out of the park. Can he keep it up? I'm gonna turn it into ut putting some pressure on you. Uh is pitching a perfect game of song recommendations? Can he keep it up? Justin Connor? Is there a song that you think people should go check out?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: This is a track back who is frequently recommended by Miles speaking of him, and it's called The Chocolate Conquista. Doors by Bad, Bad, Not Good and MF Doom Rip. And this has a funky, jazzy Herbie Hancock vibe mixed with like a J pop style that you'd hear in the anime intro or like a really fun hight score. And because it's MF Doom, there's like wild lyricism and playfulness with the tempo and it's an absolute jam. So this is Chocolate Conquista doors by Bad, Bad, Not Good and MF Doom and you can find that in the footnotes footnotes.
Speaker 2: The Daily zeite geis is a production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this morning. We're back on Monday to tell you what was trending over the weekend. We also have the Best of the Week that drops tomorrow, so you can check out that The Weekly the Weekly zeit Geist. But we will talk to y'all on Monday. Hope everybody stay safe over the weekend and will touch you all that fights