Speaker 1: Here we go, America. Who's ready, I'll see you text Nation.
Speaker 2: It is the Rick.
Speaker 1: Burgers Show and where I've been ruddy given comes from the technic. The Gum's ready.
Speaker 3: Steve Montgomery, Alabama, Kaylin Daboor is ready with a rotate, Lawrence County Ready, Carbon Kentucky Ready, Gunnersville, Alabama, Pennsylcola.
Speaker 4: Park, Latview, Alabama's ready. Oh, everybody say birch, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: Everybody, let's go.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Turn it up, turn it up, turn it up. North Augusta.
Speaker 5: I see you.
Speaker 1: Both Shores, bow As, Lawrence County. Uh, they're all ready to go as they keep real towns in their Greggors. Colorado Springs, Titusville, Pennsylvania. You're ready to go. Uh, Speedy and Adler are here.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: We did not get to ken Osburn to to help you. We I'm sorry. I was We've got so much going on. No, it was on me. I should have been in here setting up. That's my job, not Greg. I thought my job not straight to that. You ain't you take care of big brother? No, no, no, it was completely my fault. That's my fault. That's my job, and I got in there and looked and it was top of the hour. And I told Greg to that we were in the commercial break, to go ahead and stop the bad music. That's all I told him. Uh. For some reason, I thought a dry version of Osborne introducing y'all world was on bank one and two. I am incorrect, So no, met let me ask this now, what I like you to take the loop off?
Speaker 2: I would, right, but I did.
Speaker 1: And then when the commercials are over, I thought that you would have it all the way you like it, right, So I don't know where you did. I not say it was on me saying. What I did is I as I made the mistake of asking someone who had one finger in their rectal and one in their mouth, and and as Dad would say, and I should not and they were swapping. And what I should have said is that's my responsibility. Nobody touch it. You don't have to do all that. Yeah, it's watch this on the loop, hot down, loop walk away.
Speaker 2: I never knew.
Speaker 1: Do you know whose fault it is? It's mine? Yeah, because that's my responsibility. And here's an idea. What you let me tell it all went bad? Don't want it's got rid of?
Speaker 2: This is where it all went bad.
Speaker 1: Love love, raise your hand if you love your wife in here, my hands out here, right here, my hands up, Greg' there goes Gregis.
Speaker 7: I was making out with her right now. Well, my hand was up. You didn't say my hand was up.
Speaker 1: Baddler's hand is up. Yeah, right, everybody's hand is up. No speedy. By the way, you must be a prophet, because I was run a little behind today, Greg. Note all that. No, no, no, it wasn't anything like that. It was one of those things where very rarely do our wives wake up when we do. Okay, And and Sherry and I were, you know, we were snugly, snugly and uh. And there was a moment where the clock went off and my wife I heard her beautiful little voice in the darkness saying, oh, I wish you just lay here another minute. Let's just let's just snuggle and and and so uh and so yeah and so so I snugg snuggled for ten additional minutes. Listen, I'll tell you why, Graf, you let me finish, and so that now I'm running ten minutes behind. So then I hit here and of course we hold quart a minute. Yeah, and uh, and I'm i got some We got box seats coming, so I'm I'm helping. We're getting all that done. I'm talking to y'all and then I go into my office and I'm yet to even look at email. So I'm trying to get some hay burgess and I'm watching the clock. And what I realized, Well, no big deal, it's I've got I've still got six minutes when it hits the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: If Greg would just help me and I got rid of the way, you have help. That was see.
Speaker 1: I wasn't worrying about that because I knew he had to get his little stuff in order. I was just making sure there's no audio playing over the commercial. That's it. That's all I was asked to listen, I want to ask.
Speaker 2: Set up everything.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this is that how you see my job? So you talked down to my job and get a little stuff ready. It's important where you wanted to go next or all that? Whose fault it is? It's my fault, I Greg. I've said that now five times. Well you've run the segment and possibly the whole show. I will tell you this, someone who loves intros. That hurts me that that intro was that bad? Yeah, By the way, I was going to ask you that intro music. Does it hurt us? On the other stuff we were talking about with well over thinking about spoon and got caught looking.
Speaker 2: Hello, little snuggly Bumpkin.
Speaker 1: No, I just Adler and I have thought about that, and we love that intro so much. I think we're just waiting to be until somebody slaps us on the wrist. We're just gonna keep doing it.
Speaker 7: Until somebody specifically says, hey guy, hey.
Speaker 1: Guys, we ought to be able to play ten of Time.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's different.
Speaker 1: That's the heart of the show and it's different, and we drew attention to it.
Speaker 7: By the way, you know, I am covering that on YouTube, so I couldn't hear what you were hearing, and I thought you were just losing your mind, Like what am I hearing?
Speaker 2: What am I hearing?
Speaker 7: I was like, oh, no, Rick's losing his mind. But then, why did baby.
Speaker 2: Brother take care of me?
Speaker 7: Why did't baby brother take care of me? I feel better now, actually, so it was all cares about his fritters.
Speaker 1: All that cares about. Let me tell you what you've done. You've masterfully let the vox seats. Know that's your thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, there was somebody. I'm getting his fritter's ready. Oh we're on like a three week run. I know what I'm talking about. Thank you, fritter.
Speaker 1: Fritters are good, so real it up a little bit.
Speaker 7: Hey, I'll take a fritter home to my kids. And it's so funny how quickly they will learn a word. And within ten ten minutes, as was going fitter, fitter, you didn't know what a fritter was two minutes ago. And how you're dropping the word like you're.
Speaker 1: A baker, you know what? You know what he thought? He thought, I need to learn this word.
Speaker 7: The things they care about.
Speaker 2: Yeah see I heard Sherry also said stay right here, stay right here. Rick, is that your baby brother's got you?
Speaker 1: He'll stop.
Speaker 2: Next time. I don't realize I got I guess I'll get his chair just to where he was and get everything ready for him, so he'll hit the lot for him.
Speaker 1: Greg, I've got a bathroom re quest. You're not going.
Speaker 8: Look over here, down and hit the loop and he'll got you, said Greg, you can go ahead and go over the weekend the quote over here, thinking about spoon and got caught looking that's right.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, what were you thinking about saying?
Speaker 2: My stuff? I got going on? Guys, let me say that he cares about commercials and all that hour this copy and disclaim, Well, you come in and tell me that got to have all cutting ten minutes.
Speaker 7: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I did that, I said, I said, being proactive and and and like helping. He's got Glenn back right after the show.
Speaker 1: Look, so we went back come priority on.
Speaker 2: We had about an hour and I'm like, if if there's production, you can get it done on the front end.
Speaker 1: Well, he sent you into a tornado spin messing everything up.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I thought, if there's just one or two, you know, weekends, a copy, you can knock it out.
Speaker 1: And we ain't got that after the show. We need to utilize that more. Is now that we have the capability since we're on it for you see what happens if you'll.
Speaker 2: If you'll got me to do it just too busy spooning.
Speaker 1: You couldn't. We couldn't cut in commercials. Let me go back to this for just anyway you're gonna do this' hold me right here, Greg works with you.
Speaker 2: Let me go. Let me come here with me.
Speaker 1: Let me go ahead and warn you this one right here, the bald wonder there's I gotta do it, and I'm looking forward to it. About the book, you know, the book. Stuff's all going out. I've done, I've already done two podcasts. I'm on with Glenn Back today, I'm on with find get on there and get past that spooning. Don't listen? So is that all day?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 1: Because let me want meant they wanted me to come on and be interview, which we're thankful. Only four minutes after the live show ends, I'm got to run into the office to do the Glenn Back interview. And this right here is gonna worry death about that all day.
Speaker 2: I don't know everybody, everybody, this ain't gonna be worrying. It's about being efficient. And this is Jay over here. He doesn't care about nothing. You can't get you don't care about it. He couldn't care about Glenn Back.
Speaker 1: Don't even know how to do he doesn't even know how to.
Speaker 2: Listen to Glenn Back. Okay, he couldn't care less about it. All he cares about is this commercial and some disclaimer that's on the end. It's gonna make it too long.
Speaker 1: It's more important. By the way, y'all don't know this. Greg's off the air job is to make sure all the commercials get recorded and get in the system. Can y'all imagine Can you imagine we go through He'll start getting upset about somebody didn't do something right about three hours before we ever cut it. And we're here to hope Shaw proactive. Well, we're here too, so speedy. I got bad news for you. I'm snuggling. All he wants is a friend.
Speaker 2: And if you and and if I don't have Glenn back right, who you think I'm gona hear about it from? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I wish maybe y'all could get him do it maybe during the last segment.
Speaker 2: I mean, you got it four minutes.
Speaker 1: We should do but be live on both shows. That would be bad.
Speaker 2: What wouldn't be back? Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, if you will tell you all about that. We've got a lot going on as usual. This has been a very active week. That's an update. Fredder's are coming, Greg, great?
Speaker 2: Thank you good.
Speaker 1: I bought some breakfast balls.
Speaker 2: If you want something? Oh did you do that? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Is the Rick Burgess show?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Well, well, r V Nation, are you listening. If you like Adler, love to take that RV, and you like to take that family, and you love taking these road trips, I've got to introduce you to harvest Host. Let me tell you something. If you own a rent and RV with a harvest Host membership, you get unlimited, no fee overnight RV stays at ninety five hundred locations across the US and Canada. All you got to do is just sign up for seventy nine dollars per year, book your favorite destinations and enjoy unique RV stays all year long. What a hassle it is to park your RV at some boring rest area. You can stop overnight if you have the harvest Host membership at amazing locations orchards, museums, farms, golf courses, drive in movie theaters, and more. Added venture to your travels and discover new destinations. And of course you're going to be supporting unique businesses across the country too, which is really really cool. Harvest host makes trip planning so easy with their mapping tool. You can filter by attraction type, a rig length you know that knows, Hey, you don't need to go there. Your rigs too big? For that and also they'll show you all host locations that are on your route. All you have to do pick your destinations in book. Most hosts confirmed with you in five minutes and with over fifty thousand five star reviews. You're gonna love this journey between now. In May twenty seven, Harvest Host has an amazing Memorial Day offer. Head to harvesthost dot com use the code RICKB RICKB for thirty percent off your harvest Host membership. Once again, that's harvesthost dot com for thirty percent off by May twenty seven. Make sure you use the promo code RICKB so they know that I sent you. All Right, we're back, thanks for being with us today, America. All right, So we do have a lot to do on this show, a lot going on around the show. So let me kind of run down so we can.
Speaker 2: Get all this for you.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's get this. Le's get this on here, programming notes, everybody reading. So we've got the show today. We've got a lot to do here. We got hey birds, we got to interacting with you. We got some great stories today. So here are the things that are coming the weekend. The weekend will be active. So today as we've just talked about. I mean, as this live show ends, if you're if you're a liver, I will be running into the office to be on with Glenn Beck. We'll be talking about men Don't Run in the rain. Thank you Glenn and his staff for offering that platform so that that will be happening today. So if you listen to Glenn, that's the radio show while it runs.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 1: Glenn's like us, he's got live and archives, so you know that interview will be live today during his live version of his show and all of his affiliates. Then it'll be on all the archives and then they pull out stuff and weekend stuff, so it'll it'll kind of have its a life of its own, so if you're familiar with all that, I'll be on with Glenn today. So then a couple of podcasts I've done that could be dropping any day on the book tour is I did The Art of Manliness, which is a huge podcast, and it'll be coming out I think next week. I feel pretty good about that, But just watch us on social media. When we know they're out, we'll let you know. And then yesterday I had the honor of being on Man in the Arena and that was another great one, which is a huge podcast. So and they get theirs out pretty quick, so I don't think it'll be long before it's out too. And there's a lot of other things coming up, and we'll keep you posting on those Monday, and those of you that are Paul Finebaum fans, and that's by the millions, I will be. I think it looks like because he's going to be doing his show from Birmingham on the SEC network and on all his radio affiliates, I think I'm going to be actually there on the set with Paul, who wrote a great, great endorsement of the book. He's already read the book. It was very kind of him to do that. I had somebody reach out to me and go, wait a minute, I thought, I thought your dad and Paul Finebaum and y'all all were at war. And I told them, I said, well, you know, have you ever watched pro wrestling? They all look like they're at war too, But then they all go have dinner together. I said, you know, remember some of this is has been and always has been in fun. Paul actually had tremendous respect for Dad. Now did Dad have the same respect for Paul. He did like Paul better than other sports people. Oh I'll say that. And he respected you know what. He really liked about Paul because dad was a reader. He always thought Paul was a really good writer, which he is. And so anyway, I'll be on with Paul fine Baum, I believe four thirty Central time. Yeah, on Monday, on Monday, the five, five thirty Eastern on Monday now next week.
Speaker 2: And the reason he's in town is the SEC baseball tournam correct and a lot of folks and just let me finish. Good gosh, he's not talking to me, he's telling Greg. Is is that a lot of people look at this week. I mean they take off, they come. It's just oh Hoover does a great job and it's just fun. They got different sessions throughout the day, games all the time, and and a lot of folks look at this week. Is you know sports wise is one of their favorite weeks. Just to go enjoy yourself and have a good time, especially if you like baseball. But I also just you have put people there that don't follow baseball, but just you know, it's a good, great social event. Anybody's there hanging out and Paul's doing his show there on location, and I think you on the set with him is going to be gold.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Here's what he's showing, Paul's endorsement of the book. This was very very kind. Paul and I had a very good conversation about the start of the Rick Burgers show and the state of our industry, and then we all and then he said he would love to read the book, and he did, and he has put out his endorsement of it. That's right. I appreciate him doing that. It's very kind of him do that.
Speaker 2: So tubers y'all can see that right there, and I put it out on social media. Some ch and behind the scene means his his staff is really good and we share the same Coca Cola patio at Region's traditions. So this past Wednesday, at the end of the show when we were breaking down, his crew was coming in and uh and it is a.
Speaker 1: Lot more folks. I was count of about eighteen.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you what I don't understand?
Speaker 5: Eighteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I mean just people that are pulling cable and all the way up to producers and all that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was we have is Gary. Yeah, yeah, I will say this listening to the archive. The equipment once we got it dialed in actually sounded really good. Yeah, the archives sounded a great time. Great job on that, and and thanks for helping us getting dialed in on that. So the other thing was that what was odd because Paul was was their Wednesday, right, that's I saw him after the live show. Okay, here's what I didn't understand. So I'm they start trying to get me on the show yesterday, and we did, and I had other things that I'll tell you about today, and I said I can't be on such a short notice. We told their producers. So then I just text Paul and said, hey man, just so he knew, I'm sorry, it was just such last minute. I can't be on today. We're trying to reschedule for Monday. He said, oh good, because I'll be in Birmingham then and you can just be on with me. It actually works that better. And oh, by the way, because I just landed back in Birmingham and I'm like, did he leave Wednesday have to fly back to Charlotte then fly back to Birmingham in twenty four hours? I thought that was I thought he was kind of here to stay. He would do the golf tournament and why doesn't he live here again?
Speaker 2: Not yet, but he purchased property because I did a article on it.
Speaker 1: He will be here, Yeah, he said he's going to continue to do the show for Charlotte. I think for a little bit longer, but yes, he is moving back here.
Speaker 2: And so we got that.
Speaker 1: And I think what we're seeing is the release of the book, especially since it's about Dad, it's got such a broader reach and it's starting to develop a life of its own, which is very exciting. It's also going to bring people back to the show because now there's peace people that are getting the book, and I'm starting to see some of that that aren't familiar with the show, but now the book's gonna bring them to the show. So it's all kind of churning. Same way with the new podcast, very similar, Strange Encounters is now having a more broader reach, and you know, people are a pull it through Blaze TV and all that are being pulled to that and episode two of that. If you're a Blaze subscriber, you get that tonight. If you're not, it's available wherever you get podcasts tomorrow. Adam Am I right on that correct to me, Hey, would you think about that episode?
Speaker 5: It's fantastic, Adam.
Speaker 1: I mean I was looking at you, you were like, Wow, that was you as a producer of that you seem to be I mean that. I think our first episode kind of laid the groundwork. But boy, we jumped right into the battle, didn't we.
Speaker 5: Absolutely Blake Prime.
Speaker 7: You guys have talked about him a bunch on the show, and the story that he has to tell is about spiritual warfare is incredible.
Speaker 5: Yes, amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna hear somebody who didn't just talk out spiritual warfare actually experienced it and was right on the front lines. And he tells his story, Uh this weekend on Strange Encounters, So be sure you get that. We're get podcasts. So we we have a we got a lot going on here. I mean, we got a lot going on and uh and we are enjoying every many of it. It's really everything with this is really starting, this new endeavor really starting to turn. Y'all have been so encouraging everybody here on the team. There is no team better than you three. It's an honor to be with you guys and just having a blast and you know what, there's so much going on, but you guys make it run smooth, except for Greg when I asked him to help me with an introubles.
Speaker 10: But other than that, this is the Rick Burgess Show, still denying honey involvement in the food fights of nineteen seventy nine. Rick budgets that's.
Speaker 1: Right, baby, being cleared multiple times. Thanks for being with us today.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're going to talk a little bit about US tax Shield.
Speaker 1: Okay. I know some of you are out there and you owe over ten thousand dollars in back taxes and you just you know what the largest collection agency in the country is. There's three letters. Oh yeah, I r S. Nobody does it better. No one's more scary. Yeah, they'll garnish wages. They'll take you business, they will, and you need to get this done. Let's stop the madness. Okay, let's just get let's alleviate these problems. Why don't you call us tax Shield now, they're ready, they know what to do. Okay, they can help you. The Fresh Start program is something you may qualify for you if you owe ten thousand or more. New laws may allow them to negotiate a settlement for the lowest amount possible. Did you know something that US tax Shield knows? I didn't know this. They know it. Maybe you didn't know it. Did you know that the government wants to resolve this too?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: You know, when you've got a problem and the person you got the problem with and you find out what they want to get rid of it too, then you can really start to getting it done. Now when the people that you're in conflict with don't want to solve the problem, now that's different, but they do want.
Speaker 2: To solve it.
Speaker 1: US tax Shield A plus rated by the Better Business Bureau. Call them today one eight hundred and seven six nine seventy three forty or you can't burge them driving? Okay, then go to rickburgesshow dot com under sponsors the numbers right there too. Mention the show when you talk to them. Okay, some things to do? I will share in a few moments.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know.
Speaker 1: And I talked about it months ago and still finally dealt with it yesterday because of my youngest son that's here on.
Speaker 2: Earth with me.
Speaker 1: I have five four still with me. Uh and the youngest of those four, number four out of the five, young Broderick is you know, we have so many Burgess birthdays in May.
Speaker 2: It's loaded, loaded, and uh, there you are, there you are, uh and we've got so we've got Brodie's birthday. And he's tried to get me to explain this. He goes that, why do you say that, of all the kids that I was born on a strange day? Why do you keep saying that?
Speaker 1: I said, I don't know why something about May twenty third, I just can't lock the.
Speaker 2: Can't you don't stay away?
Speaker 1: I'mbout twenty third three, I guess because it makes you goes at twenty four right, Well, he says, I keep refusing his birthday with our dad's birthday because I keep I keep thinking he was born on the twenty first, And He's like, I think Pop was January twenty first, Dad, But now I thought, no, Pop's January twenty sixth.
Speaker 2: Ain't he something like? I say, we don't know. I don't even remember Taylor's birthday. Don't look at him right for a while, my.
Speaker 1: Daughters, I would, I couldn't remember if it was June twentieth or twenty fifth.
Speaker 2: Okay, so for year.
Speaker 1: So I'm not alone in this, So I keep and then you also have.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: This was odd of all of our kids. All of our kids are are loud there up front, they'll take the mic, they'll step on to the stage, they'll do it.
Speaker 2: Not this one.
Speaker 1: This one wants to be behind the camera, out of the line. And we didn't know.
Speaker 2: This about him. So, you know, Burgess says, we're big birthday people, so we do extravagant birthdays. And we didn't find out un till he finally got old enough. I guess where he thought he could he could say something to his parents. He didn't like all that, and I remember him talking to mom and he was miserable and he was like, Mom, I don't I don't like all these birthdays, and she said, what do you mean? He says, I just felt like it's just overwhelming to me. You've got all these kids running around all this stuff. And I'm like, yeah, and and so so. Anyway, so when he comes.
Speaker 1: To birthdays, he's not he's kind of You got to watch him.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: He had an iPhone that he would not upgrade for any reasons. He got a little bit of speed in. I get it on that though. I hate what comes with upgrade.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 1: But Greg, I can't get the stuff to go over.
Speaker 2: What's it?
Speaker 1: What's your Yahoo? Went God, yeah, address, what's the ya? It's not Yahoo but your Yahoo? Something that felt good. Even so, the only reason I ever swap phone because it broke. Think of the iron of this, right, well, that's what happened here. Think of the iron of this adler based on which what you do for living and what he does for a living is similar. Imagine imagine the eye already of this that's different Yahoo. Imagine the iri of this. Here is a guy who has a company that does video production editing all that his iPhone was so broken. The camera wouldn't even work in it. I mean it's all broken. I mean you could hurt, you could cut your fingers on it. It's got so many bread When they when he presented it to the Apple people yesterday, we said, let us do this.
Speaker 2: This will be your birthday present from us. Okay.
Speaker 1: The guy looked at it and just kind of handed it back and said, I can't even take this on a trade end. Oh wow, this is so old. When he said it, it didn't even have a number tied to it. It was se Apple Se. The guy like, look, he was so young. He was like, I don't even remember that we ever made this phone a model everybody, So yes, what you loved? I was so dreading, we know, and my phone was getting where it wouldn't hold a charge some some days the text wouldn't work, you know, they would just freeze.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 1: This is Greg, you taught me.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 1: This is how they get you.
Speaker 2: They got you.
Speaker 1: Even when you say I'll keep this phone for the rest of my life, you know what Apple says.
Speaker 2: No, you know you will not, you will not.
Speaker 1: We will ruin that phone. We'll give you enough problems you'll you'll address it. And then Sherry got to where hers like, she couldn't even get emailed to load and things would freeze up. We both had really we were like Eleven's I think the last time we updated. And so finally we just trudged on in. What a terrible feeling. First of all, can once you get in and you can't get out? First of all, can I tell the Apple people this, I'm a big logo guy, love marketing. You have a white building with a white apple on it. We can't even see what the building is Rick, that's called white on wh Yeah, I mean, but you can't even tell you look and go, where's that apple thing? You can't even you couldn't find that? Could y'all not make the apple a little more prominent?
Speaker 2: We can see it? Look at that? How do you even see that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I mean everybody knows it looks like that.
Speaker 7: Well, it's silver on it's white on silver.
Speaker 1: Apparently my family didn't know where it was. If you're going to use it, it's got to be read.
Speaker 2: I'd go with black.
Speaker 1: I mean red red, red would be great, red red red. A white apple on black red delicious, that'd be fine. I like black and white, that'd be fine. Okay, buddy, I'm I'm not gonna live my life. But and then that way, the color blind people could still find it. Yes, but but my family family rode around the parking they couldn't find the store. Yeah, you guys find the store. Well, I found it. I knew where it was, but they didn't, apparently, And a young broadwick at like he never even knew Apple existed. Well, according to his phone, he probably not. He probably never been there.
Speaker 7: Well, y'all know apple bricks. They brick their old phones. That's the term for slowing down the older phone. They purposefully do it. You call, so you have to upgrade. They're bricking it, bricking it. Yeah, they turn it into a brick brick.
Speaker 2: And my dad still has an eight an eight eight because it has the home button.
Speaker 12: Mom.
Speaker 2: They had, yeah, the little click because of him not being able to function and see it, and that click knows he's home.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he can talk to serious absolutely, So that one hasn't bricked yet, is it.
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 2: He has to keep it plugged in most of the time, right, Yeah. And some of the updates, it's like, hey, your phone can't be updated because it's not you.
Speaker 1: Know, and then you go in there you haven't because it's ten years old. Yeah, and they got you because of course and Greg just I could hear you in that in there. Well, you know the chargers that we have right now, those aren't gonna work. They change them. Yeah, they changed the charger too, so I got to and they're not gonna give you the little block. You got to go buy it where you can go to the USB or whatever. But yeah, but you got to get.
Speaker 2: A new block.
Speaker 1: Something buck thirty nine dollars for a charging cord YEP accord to thirty nine dollars.
Speaker 7: You need to go to Amazon for that. I mean, my goodness, it was. Of course they know that you need it. Now, that's how they get you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you gonna leave and go. Well, one day I'll get a charger on my phone will be dead and I'm waiting on Amazon to ship it to me.
Speaker 2: But I saved money. That's how they listen. That's a huge they revenue they get.
Speaker 1: That's where they make their mond talking about. They'll talk about money, which wrong.
Speaker 7: The little dongle, the little dongle, which is not a bad word.
Speaker 1: Them out right showing little dongle.
Speaker 7: When they have to go from like the uh you know, the different side. And it was for the headphone poor yeah, you know the headphone jack or whatever. When they first introduced that, that was one of the largest revenue sources for Apple. That tiny little thing. Uh that charge I think like fifteen bucks for it gets probably ten cents to make, maybe less in China.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show needs no apology, The Rick Purchase Show.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're back, thanks for being with US America, hanging out today. Lots to do box seats coming up. We'll have a Burgess ball battle.
Speaker 2: See if somebody went a little carish. Today, we've got hey bird, hey birde.
Speaker 1: We got your phone calls, we got the stories of the day, all that coming up. So go to the Apple Store, and y'all know this. I've talked about this in the past. That's the reason why I put it off. Remember how long ago I thought, there's two things that Speedy cannot believe the state of my phone. He can't believe that when he heard me talking about it needs to be upgraded, that I still hadn't done it. And he can't believe I've still got something in storage indicator Alabama. Yeah, because you thought when we talked, these two things were getting resolved, and I didn't resolve any of them until yet, until yesterday. I do not like the Apple Store. I don't like going near it. I don't like I don't even like driving past it. Sorry, it's not my atmosphere in there. I don't belong in there. They know I don't belong in there. I covered that about four months ago. When I step into that place, I could not be more awkward. I could not be more out of place, uncomfortable. I don't want to be here, And I think they sense it. It's almost like I feel like I'm pray. I feel like they're the predators. I don't know what they're talking about. They know I don't know. They know that I'm dependent on them. They know I have no hope without them, and it's a rarity because this is their time. I since maybe I'm over selling this a little bit, almost, since this is their time to get me back, and I'm not sure what they're getting me back for, but I feel it. You know they none of them played sports and don't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you been in there? Yes, I've been in there.
Speaker 1: If you can get them to look up from their phone.
Speaker 7: Okay, this dungeons and Dragons count as a sport?
Speaker 1: It does not, But I wish i'd know more about it. By the way, can I ask all of you this got waited on him by a nice young man? Do you find yourself? I know you speed you with second hand embarrassment? Probably not. I think I know the answer from Adler and Greg. If you're talking to someone and I'm just gonna tell you what the situation was, and he had a band aid on his ear, on his ear, do you want to ask what happened?
Speaker 2: On the ear load. It's over the top of his own he is having to cover a ear ring.
Speaker 1: One time, he was telling me something really important about what we needed to do to get this phone and then transfer everything over from my old phone, and it's like his idea. I wasn't listening because I kept staring at the band aid trying to figure out in my mind. I was like bandaid, bandai, band aid, And of course, let's come on out, Hey, what happened to you man? Would y'all do that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Probably, I was probably not. So I got a mole that has hair going out and I had to get it cut off. And then what do you say?
Speaker 14: Then?
Speaker 2: I don't know if you cut him off for that?
Speaker 1: So this is how it would have gone. Okay, y'all can help you. First of all, let's go ahead and and cut off find your phone? Was right there when I should have said, hey, what end.
Speaker 4: To your ear?
Speaker 2: Can we just get past why to hit you?
Speaker 1: And then I need to stop asking questions. If you cut off find your phone, I don't even know where that is. I don't know why I have to cut that off. I have that by the way that trus you have it by the way that the trade in speed is gonna hurt you. On what they charge for phones. You know what the trade in is? One hundred and eighty bucks. Well that's all they You're so ancient, right, But how was the condition? It wasn't great. My phone been beat up a little bit. How about a question that you asked me. If you're a person, don't even ask me if I want a protective case. I'm one of those people. If I don't have a protective case, my phone will not get through the first.
Speaker 2: Day another up charge.
Speaker 1: But I gotta have it. They've got me. I see, they owe me in there, and they know they own me. I know nothing. You have Apple Care on it? Well, see Greg told me that's how they get you.
Speaker 2: It is. I'm just saying a lot if you have Apple Care, A lot of people don't carry a case because if something happens, you pay twenty five bucks, go in there, they fix it.
Speaker 1: So I want to keep going to get my phone fixed. I'm just saying, what can That's just like when they say your warranty, some appliances and everything else, and that's how they get you. You don't see the if I just would put something on where it wouldn't break.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: That's not I'm just telling you what they say.
Speaker 2: I think that's stupid. Okay, you drop it in the parking lot, shatters, you just take it to them, they fix it.
Speaker 1: What about I drop in the parking lot and it doesn't shatter. I guess how about wouldn't that make more sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How about what it costs once you make them more than you drop them. They don't show. I know those of them don't now, but I mean little thin things. If you sit down with it in your pocket. Done, i'sh trying to talk to you all. It's so hard.
Speaker 1: But I walk in there and I know they're going to want to know things that I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Greg referred to it as a Yahoo. But that's that's how far back I went. But I'll tell you what I was ready for this time. I knew my apple ID. I knew it by heart. I have no idea what money I knew it. I was read.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have a clue.
Speaker 1: So it was a nice young guy. I was lost. There was so much going on, it was happening so fast, and my own My only negative is I got there first, and you know, cause I have to get settled. Then then the wife comes in second, and of course then the young adult son. He's he's ten minutes after we're supposed to be there because he's in some meeting and he's making this whatever, and then he can't find the store and and so he's got some phone, you know that like say that the cave people used and it's broken, and it's all so Scherry and I I will say that the system has gotten better. We're clicking along pretty good. You know, we're cooking along pretty good. And when they saw his phone, it's like they let us know, Sharry and I our phones were, I mean cloud this and cloud that, and here's a cloud and there's a cloud. Things are moving and and you know things, there's a coming live. They put his on there, and it's it's like the whole it's like it's like as soon as they put Brody's phone and tried to transfer, Tim Cook called what are y'all doing?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 1: His phone sat there. The transfer of those two phones, it took forever. It went back to the old days, you know, back when it used to take forever. Okay, And and Finally I was like, well, do you care if we leave you? You know, this birthday I'd love to get I'd love to get back to my life out there. But one thing that I felt like this, Hey man, hey bandaid ear, you're a good guy.
Speaker 2: You left me a little quick going to Brody. Well he left me somebody else. Well he saw the How long was gonna take Brody? It's like he to this day. I don't know whether he was kidnapped. I don't know what happened to him. No, he disappeared from the store. I couldn't find him anywhere, and so his ears started hurting.
Speaker 1: So when I looked where I had a problem is I couldn't get the X deal to load back. And it was it was it wouldn't. It was saying I don't like what we've done here. I couldn't get my old text. They weren't coming the last they went away stay with me, and and so I was going help and I start looking around and he's gone. And so I walked over the scream milk. I walk over to the person. Of course he told me his name. I couldn't remember. I walk over and I said, I said, no, I did It's okay. Tribute to Mickey Dean. I walked over and there was a person. I said, hey, I can't find the person who was helping us. She goes, well, who was it? I said, BANDA dear guy. Listen, and she goes, oh, and she starts looking around and she said I think his name was She's on break.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what she said.
Speaker 1: We never found him. We never found him. He vanished into like he liked there were such a problem. He quick, yes, Greg, I think Brodie's phone was so and I didn't know that. I kept asking questions that he apparently found to be elementary, and I think he just thought, if I can get away from these three, because Sherry's not any better than me, Sherry is technically dangerous to the thing that makes Sherry dangerous is she's willing to try, at least I go, just don't touch it, Cheryl start. She'll start touching moving. I mean she'll she'll try anything that doesn't work.
Speaker 2: You ever touched that? Touch that?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 2: How are you touching everything? The phone?
Speaker 1: And then she'll get you into a place where you like, I don't even know how you got me here? How'd I get back to where I was, so I will say this, start experimenting.
Speaker 2: With the cloud a little bit.
Speaker 1: Here we go found old text, had to go there and said, uh, sync with the cloud, and that.
Speaker 2: Old cloud thing, I just don't even like the way it feels. But I looked up.
Speaker 1: I was only getting like two texts and they were brand new, and I was like, where's my old text? I said, I got important things in those old texts, right, I don't want to have to go back and rebuild our group text again.
Speaker 2: And uh.
Speaker 1: And eventually I found something that said I went in there and I did actually googled around. Can't get my old text on new phone? And they told me some things, and I went to the cloud and sinked it and that came on in. Then you're a tech guy, by the way, if you ever had to reload it Instagram and x and you don't know your usual name or passwords for all your accounts.
Speaker 2: So important, it's not good.
Speaker 1: At one time I had upgrade regret. I thought, well, I've lost everything. I like my phone to work the way I wanted to work, and I couldn't. It was like, well, I've upgraded this phone out will never be the same now, I've got a new phone I can't use.
Speaker 2: Somebody asked, uh here on the text line, when does your shift at Apple Store start?
Speaker 1: Since you're now a genius. It's not trying to brag, but I do have a functioning phone today. It wasn't easy. I fought hard, and I would like to know where band aid Eer went.
Speaker 2: He vanished.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how many of you are subscribers to Blaze TV right now? Well, if you are, then you're good. You can go do whatever you need to do. If you're not a subscriber to Blaze TV, I want you to listen to me.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: You might have been all thinking about Blaze TV and then ay Trump one, he's back second term. Things are going great. Conservatives are winning that. If you think the it just gonna lay down. If you think the media, the mainstream media, legacy media, whatever they call it is, you just gonna lay down. Oh we're gonna go back to journalism. Now that's not gonna happen. Blaze TV is more valuable right now than ever because you need to stay informed because this is going to be This fight will never be over. So if you want investigative journalism. If you want bold commentary, if you want documentaries, it's shed Light into the Deep State. If you're looking for that, then Blaze TV is there for you. Hey, our new podcast Strange Encounters, that's a Blaze TV production. Okay, an hour of the show every day is right there on Blaze. But you also get all the other great commentary. You get all the great line up there, and it's and you got it available to you on your own device, on your time. So, if you'd like to save some money on being a subscriber, and it's not very expensive, but let's let's go ahead and give you some a discount. How about twenty dollars off an annual plan. If you go to Blaze tv dot com slash Rick r I c K, you'll save twenty bucks. Blaze TV now more than ever, Unfiltered, unafraid, and own demand.
Speaker 10: You better listen up.
Speaker 5: You know what we say.
Speaker 1: All you gotta.
Speaker 10: Find the voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 1: Show gangs all here, Speedy, Greg Handler brand you Ower, Hello America?
Speaker 2: Are you ready for another hour?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Box seats Phill Later Burgess Fall Battles Sill dumb hey bird, hey birds, your phone calls and the.
Speaker 1: Stories of the day. Uh, and we thank you for being with us. Strap it on America. Let's out. Many of you ask, who is that wailing on the lead guitar when we use this intro. There's a couple of them. That is Ryan Greenwood. Ryan Greenwood who worked with the Rick and Bubba Show for many many years, dear friend, and of course played guitar from Mister Lucky, and that is him wailing on guitar. That is actually a Mister Lucky original that we use. You can actually get the full song and the entire album wherever you get music for Mister Lucky. Fat Chance is the name of the album. An Age of Miracles is the name of that song. Okay, so we got a lot to cover starting the hour.
Speaker 2: We told you.
Speaker 1: Strange Encounters Episode two coming out this weekend. We will also get the interviews from the show on location at the Celebrity program. Those are coming to the YouTube channel. We have another Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold episode that will drop this weekend. And since I was with Young Broderick yesterday, he said, yes, you can tell the audience and with no hesitation that the next episode of Tales from the Camp House the Burgess Bass Battle, that episode will be ready and will be available to the audience over a Memorial Day weekend next weekend. So that's you should be getting that next weekend. So that's that's coming to you next week.
Speaker 7: I'm nervous about that. I forgot what even happened, what I said, what we did?
Speaker 2: I great, I know you got sunburned. I know that I got some burned. Real good, yep, you did, and that one joining them.
Speaker 1: You're right, you know when the episode like that's coming out and it's closer to when it happened, you can remember. You remember also in this episode coming out on Memorial Day weekend to our YouTube channel, he miked everybody completely. You there was never a time you did not know that any of us have a mic on and we also had our own camera men and there was a drone. So this should be a little bigger production in the first two episodes. So anyway, that's coming out next weekend. For those of you to keep asking me about that, okay, And I'll be on Glenn Beck later today talking about men don't run in the rain. If you catch back, catch that interview. I look forward to that today. Can I tell you something that I realized yesterday? Just real quick back to the Region's Tradition. Doug Baron, who won the region's tradition, the actual tournament last year. He's a professional, he's a senior PGA Champions golfer. I went to school with him, and I didn't even realize that he went to Missippi State.
Speaker 2: Yes, at the same time you were there. Yes, how long were you there? A couple of years, I think, And anyway it hit me, I'm like, oh my gosh, that's Doug. And he went on played golf there, of course, and then went on had a great career and now he's you see.
Speaker 1: No, I just I saw.
Speaker 2: I don't know how in the world I missed it, but I was watching some video and they were talking about last year's winter and and all this stuff. And you know the Golf channel, Uh, every afternoon, like mid afternoon it currently like for this tournament, and in years past it has two hours of the tournament that day. And they were like last year's Winter, Doug Barron's three under after round one whatever. I went, what a minute? And then he turned around and I saw his face, I'm like, that's Doug and I didn't realize that his friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm like, the same way, that is so cool. It's the same way you and I feel every time someone's arrested and they showed the picture and we go.
Speaker 2: We went to school with him, we actually hung out.
Speaker 1: But isn't that amazing. I mean it's been I don't know how many years. How about that? And I'm like, wow, So he's a successful golfer and I didn't even know it. So a couple of a couple of couple of music stories today. Hey, Dougie, Greg, where are you you on country icon? George Straight? I know we're leaving your area of expertise.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't like him. You don't like him? Can you just say I'm not into music, but you don't like him? Well, yeah, let me rephrase that. I'm not a fan of his music and his whole He's huge. I mean, he's one of the biggest stars in the history of that. But doesn't he have something like nickname, like.
Speaker 1: He's the King.
Speaker 2: I just it's just a little slow for me. And you know, he's one of them. When concert, he looks like a statue.
Speaker 1: Okay, gets a ticket for loadering on stage. Okay, So this emotional moment here is not going to touch Greg too much.
Speaker 2: Gracious, And he was in that one movie terrible actor. Okay, just that movie.
Speaker 1: Terrible music, terrible actor?
Speaker 2: What was that? What was that? Why'd you ask him for this? I'm just saying for this response, maybe terrible it's a little strong.
Speaker 1: No, Well, I don't you call it?
Speaker 2: Can you? Even though you apparently don't like him, can you give him his do and say he is a legend though, Oh he's as big as they get.
Speaker 1: No, just because somebody is big doesn't mean you have to like him huge. I would not listen to George Strait music either, That's not my thing. So you don't like the Burgess Brothers.
Speaker 6: Not.
Speaker 2: We don't like George Stretch's music. There it is. We said it.
Speaker 1: We like him, we respect his legendary status. See all my exes live in Texas?
Speaker 2: Was that one of his?
Speaker 1: I don't know that. I don't know, because Greg, then I would have to listen to the music.
Speaker 2: It just seems like instead of saying, you say it's not my favorite, I'm not really into that.
Speaker 1: Yes, he is on but it's like you know, with somebody.
Speaker 2: But what does it mean when you say it's not my favorite? Didn't that?
Speaker 1: I mean you don't like it because I think if something was on you wouldn't like start spitting your love with me. I'm not saying I don't even know what you mean. I'm not saying that he's not a good, good singer, a good musician. I ain't popular are good. I'm sure he's extremely It'd be like somebody say, I just I fall asleep when he starts. It's just like somebody say, it is actually men you and mad at you now write write this down. We don't know. We don't know the catalog at all. No, I don't like any of it because we didn't listen to it. And Marilla by morning now that's by morning now that one I know. But what you could say, you might as well be talking you when someone comes to you. I mean, there's legends out there right now, speedy in maraachi music, Mariachi I'm sorry, mariachi music. I mean Mexican mariachi music, legendary entertainers. Do you listen to that?
Speaker 2: We're going that's a little extreme, but okay, I listened to Tehano of course, almost once a like, at least once a week.
Speaker 1: When you eat Mexican food, Tehano music is awesome. You don't like it when the little band comes to your table at the restaurant.
Speaker 2: You're not at a concert.
Speaker 7: No, I listened to Tehano music in my in my van, riding around.
Speaker 1: Wow, eating nachos at a restaurant.
Speaker 2: It makes me know, I don't.
Speaker 7: It makes me feel like I'm back in San Antonio. I enjoy listening to music.
Speaker 1: You would have thought that he lived in San Antonio his whole life and kids exactly the way he talks about sanator.
Speaker 7: It was first grade through ninth grade. Those are pretty important years.
Speaker 2: Their formative years. But I've noticed something about y'all when it comes to music. Y'all can just not dislike something and go, that's not my favorite. I don't pay attention to it. Y'all just actually, yeah, I hate him. I don't like him.
Speaker 1: I didn't say hate he did. No one should hate no what I did, but I had to it. Yeah, okay, but they don't like it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, there's not one song, not one. If you ticket and drove me to the concert and gave me half a case.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't take it, but would you try to find a deal to keep the haff a cake?
Speaker 7: I crossed my heart.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the movie Pure Country?
Speaker 2: No? Please watch it?
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, okay, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you can't watch it speed because you have second It isn't horrible. But so you hate gospel music and George True, I don't.
Speaker 2: Hate gospel gospel.
Speaker 15: Too.
Speaker 2: Who said it? I didn't mean it like that.
Speaker 7: That's exactly what we were talking about. That American idol kid and.
Speaker 16: You're like, song, it's not my I just don't listen to a lot of here we go he didn't like.
Speaker 1: But I do like the old school when you was San Antonio by one like Pat Barker singing, Oh he always does this, Greg like he has people.
Speaker 2: He give us a pass on for some reason. He's a local guys, a guy we went and we love Roy. Roy to go into school, get with his family, ran the local funeral home and Greg gloves.
Speaker 7: No speaking of country music to you, but.
Speaker 2: Because daddy was the worship leader a matter, yes, that's right, and a little every now and then we'll go help Toby. Yeah, I just and he gave us the speech inspirational speech at the state championship game.
Speaker 1: Big Roy you want to comment on that, Yeah, I love Droy and anyway.
Speaker 2: But Pat Hey, he's one of the true bass singers and he's got I forget the name of the little group.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't never get Greg started on Pat Barker. Oh he's good, but he doesn't really like any other George. No George Straight.
Speaker 2: I'm just not going I'm not interested at all.
Speaker 1: I'm not I don't dislike him. I'm not saying he's not talented, none of that. He's no Roley Green, No, not even clothes grey.
Speaker 7: Greg Hey. By the way, Jamie Johnson got me yesterday. I was sitting in the van, I listened to in Color and you got me. You got me some mind goodness. I got me again.
Speaker 1: I never told you the George State straight story.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show. He has known Greg Bridges for his entire life. Upset Rick Burches.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks Greg from text Nation. Uh, Greg has trash George strait. He's upset all those fans. He's trash gospel music. He's upset those fans.
Speaker 2: And then don't th gospel music and you did though, and then why I just said, I don't listen to a lot of you said you didn't like and then I didn't mean it like that.
Speaker 1: The texture says Greg. Won't you go ahead and then just see if we can go for the three for the trifecta. I want to trash Nick saving before we're done today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little over rate, ready to ash dele Earnhart to go, don't even go there, go I Hey, some things you can't kid about.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's look at sell my house. Somebody does hold me like George st That's true.
Speaker 2: I like him. I loved him.
Speaker 1: Sell my house fast, or remove your brother fast. Go to have you got a house that you don't know what to do with. Maybe you inherited it, maybe you got to fix it up, or you meant to do you never got around to it. You bought some land the old house on it, whatever the case may be, Sell my house fast can help you. Twenty five years they've been doing this, good people selling new houses, old houses, abandoned houses, all types of houses. And they do this at a fair price and they close fast. You won't even deal with the real estate agent. Okay, they'll do all the clean it up, all stuff off, any kind of repairs that need to be done, they'll do all that. They're gonna give you cash, and you can quit worrying about this house. Okay, call one eight hundred seven three four zero five zero form one eight hundred seven three four zero five zero form or get all the information and that phone number I just gave you by going to Rick burgessshow dot com and look under sponsors. Can I try the story? Yeah, go ahead, some bound the text nation. You never have to question his lyrics. I'm looking at Amarillo by morning. Who's this girlfriend?
Speaker 2: Lost?
Speaker 1: My wife and girlfriend somewhere along the way. Do you have something on the side? Oh okay, but anyway, so let's look, here's the story.
Speaker 13: Don't like it?
Speaker 2: All right? Got it? Got it? Greg?
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 7: I love it. I want some more of it.
Speaker 1: And the majority of these people, including Adler, are pretending to like it because they somehow make them be you know, sharp, trying to be this is this is when you do. He does his thing.
Speaker 2: No, if he's not into it, he claims you're fake. Yeah, nice to somebody. He goes, he's not real. What's that have to do with georget he likes it, and you're trying to act like he's faking like it. He is because it makes him a more serious musician.
Speaker 1: I don't want to. I don't want to build a Burgess nation and go against all who opposes. But in this particular moment with these types of artists, baby brother is correct.
Speaker 2: That's there.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not saying you're that way. Greg did, but I but I didn't. There there are people who will just throw out like your Dylan's you George straight, and they'll claim to like him just because they think that makes him sound, you know, more deep. And I'm all into the troubadour and all that, but here if I could get to the story, uh, and I know it's not going to impact Greg George.
Speaker 7: That's all of that's very accusatory, and that is y'all need to start saying allegedly before and after every sentence when y'all excuse me.
Speaker 2: Of that kind of stuff. I know you like to fit into the music group, so I think you're supceptal this kind of thing.
Speaker 7: I listen to all three of those bands by myself when no one's around, nobody's looking, and I'm sitting in my car by myself, and I'm tapping my toe, my tiny little toe. Make fun of that, Greg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how much percentage of your life you listen to George Strait?
Speaker 7: I mean, not a percentage of my life, but I'll turn it on every once in a while. I make that old nineties country. It makes me feel like I'm a kid again. Man, It's just it makes me feel good.
Speaker 1: Please, please, You didn't come from that.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: If you're going to defend George, you say san Antonio to the textures. If y'all going to defend him, at least learn how to spell his last name. Thank you, Greg Well said buddy, I'm done all right. The king of country music, which Greg agrees with that.
Speaker 2: He's an icon, huge by the way, super wealthy, super super of course, and he earned it. Yeah, because he writes songs, not just performs them, and people love him.
Speaker 1: I ain't want of him, but there's a lot of Greg we got.
Speaker 13: We know that.
Speaker 1: Part of the time you say something, you don't have to say that. At a performance in Philadelphia last week, George Strait performed his song from twenty eleven, Greg, not one of your favorites. I'll Always Remember You? Is that one of yours? Adler, don't know that's my favorite is speedy acting like he has some du No.
Speaker 2: I just don't hate.
Speaker 1: No, I just don't hate.
Speaker 17: I don't.
Speaker 7: You're normal like me and you.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that I'm in love with his music.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a post where he went into a speech letting everybody know in that song that he was now singing it to his fans because he's about to retire. I thought he retired a few years We go, Greg, you wouldn't believe he brought him on stage or so.
Speaker 2: We were running for it.
Speaker 1: We were really kidding about that, though, Adler, you being serious. I really thought he retired a few years ago.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 1: But these fans now say he's singing this song I'll Always Remember You to them and it and it caused an emotional moment at a concert in Philadelphia, and now it's been put on social media and George Straight friends fans are all watching him sing this, give this little speech in the middle of it, and they're squally. He's squaling. When I heard the song.
Speaker 7: He did a Cowboy Rides Away tour. It concluded in twenty fourteen. That was supposed to be his last thing.
Speaker 1: So does he kiss ozsi? He's retired a bunch of twos.
Speaker 2: Look at you, draft h Mcgreg just a little well there's you know, do y'all like any because you know one criticism of the new countries?
Speaker 1: Y'all don't like it.
Speaker 2: So that's.
Speaker 1: Greg and I like outlaw country in the country genre. Your outlaw country is where we are. Like Greg would love Merle Haggard more than he would George straight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sure whaling.
Speaker 1: Didn't mean to speak did didn't mean to speak for you? But that's that seems accurate in my opinion. Yeah, George is a little little glossy. We're David Allen, Cole, Jimmy Johnson Cole Cole. It's not cold.
Speaker 7: Nothing even his name.
Speaker 2: I said cold.
Speaker 7: I just wish Greg would carry his love with me.
Speaker 2: What that may be the worst one.
Speaker 7: That's a sweet song. I wish you had a heart that listen.
Speaker 2: You can't sit there and be a fan of Lamb of God and George Stow. That's not possible, I.
Speaker 7: Am which I don't know how that exists.
Speaker 1: We could get his grandkids listening to it. That's how we get it. Yes, that's how we get get leaded. Play one for him and they all dancing around. He's rick so this story.
Speaker 2: Let me get back to this.
Speaker 7: His heart is going to grow like the green.
Speaker 1: He put a speech and then sing some lyrics and everybody's squalling.
Speaker 2: Is that is that what happened? Yes?
Speaker 1: Great? But again you know what I do.
Speaker 2: I'm at the concert. Don't don't get crying about it. He's been saying every ten years.
Speaker 5: That is that is a little excessive?
Speaker 2: Is that what you did? Run? Everybody's yeh. He ain't retiring.
Speaker 1: He'll be back. He's he's tried this before, right, also today c it or not? And I think that Smoky Smokey Robinson, Greg, do you want to trash Smokey in the Miracles?
Speaker 18: Uh?
Speaker 2: Smoking? I like them.
Speaker 1: Smokey Robinson at eighty five years old, has been accused of sexual assault at eighty five. This is terrible and I'm not horrible allegedly allegedly, but eighty five, it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: You don't say that.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact. His defense team, their whole defense is he's eighty five, right, This is not this has come on.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He gets phy or what.
Speaker 2: There's no details, but he's being at one of these from years ago.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of times I'll go with thirty years ago.
Speaker 2: That especially with celebrities.
Speaker 1: That's the line fifty million dollar lawsuit.
Speaker 7: He is, Wow, I heard it was brought to you by.
Speaker 1: Okay, but he is saying, it's all.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show. This is where logic beats the left her, the rich Budgish show.
Speaker 1: Here we go, America, thank you for being with us. Apparently on today's edition, Greg has turned the show upside down by declaring he doesn't like George Strait never has hates him.
Speaker 2: Uh and and that's another thing. Yeah, and I'm not this doesn't especially in country music. But George has never written one song. No, they said, actually he did later in his never one in his career.
Speaker 1: Because that's where I was mistaken, because I don't listen to George straight either. So I was, what that don't mean that you got to But I was looking up stuff on him on how he created incredible wealth, and and it said that he did write songs, but he didn't start writing them till well into his career. But he did write songs. It was just later the some of the songs you all were talking about that he's best known for. Yes, he did not write, but they said, well into his career he actually started writing songs too. I didn't say you had to. Yeah, but no, writing songs is good. And and this is a genre of music that again, you know, Greg and I, both of us have never really been drawn to, but if we are drawn to it, I was. I was more talking to the style of like I tell you like. I mentioned this on shows back like I found myself more interested in country music at sixty than say I did at twenty. Oh yeah, and that's appreciate. I think that's just aging George Jones fan either. Somebody just asked that.
Speaker 2: Not really.
Speaker 1: I like Hank Williams Senior. I like some of Hank Williams Junior, but not the entire catalog. I do like David Allen and Cole even though they were saying I was saying his name wrong. And the few songs that I've heard from him that style. You know, of course the ride everybody need that, but and you know.
Speaker 2: It, you don't. You don't say my name or call me by my name anymore.
Speaker 1: And some of the story. Yeah, some of that, but there's a you know, I normally some of the newer artists, some of them are going back.
Speaker 2: So I like that.
Speaker 1: I told you if if I'm getting his name right, something in the Orange is that Zach Bryana his name for that that style of country music I really really like and uh and he's a great songwriter.
Speaker 2: And somebody said he's already sold his catalog.
Speaker 1: I saw an article for a three hundred and fifty million dollars says a little quick. Well, he seems a little young. I mean, I'm good for him, but I mean it seems like that was a.
Speaker 7: Little he's twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the post style wise, And I think Luke Combs. I like some of his stuff.
Speaker 2: He's good.
Speaker 1: I love Zach Brown, always have, Chris Stapleton. I like Jelly Row. I think Jelly I like Jelly Rose. Was a little tired of him now over again, plenty of airplay.
Speaker 2: Part of the gap for as you that are George Strait fans. I did punish Greg and the break I found I was just looking through George Strait's catalog and on his fifty number one album he has I hate everything. There you go, Greg is and I'm like, with Greg, this is you, buddy. You do mean? You know?
Speaker 1: I hate everything?
Speaker 2: Greg?
Speaker 1: You found a song that you surely you like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He even was giggling.
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, that's.
Speaker 7: Song sounds like every every other Oh wow, okay everything.
Speaker 1: No move agree, that is a song for you. I hate every you were I see this shirt now and I always think we should have done this with Greg. You know, Greg, you've seen these shirts like I like coffee and maybe four other people.
Speaker 2: You know those kind of shirts. To me, Greg's lived that long before those shirts ever came. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Greg, honestly, I've run the list with you. You don't like a lot of things. No, it's not a big list, Greg. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: We need and that's okay you you yeah, yeah, you need. We need something like I like peanuts, chicken and fritters. Didn't hate everything else. That's it.
Speaker 1: Did you see him a minute ago? Our dad used to do that same movie did a minute ago. When he started out, he was a little bit cautious about not liking George Strait, and then he felt pressured. See the more y'all push on the text and the more you try to be it only this will galvanize him. And did you see when he did that looks and I don't like it? I mean that that was uh, that was straight from dad. But we had Riley Green and Jamie Johnson together on the show the other day representing the country music.
Speaker 2: What about that?
Speaker 1: What I'm just saying, everybody, it's like that Greg don't like No, you know, I like their music, but I just don't like George strou If.
Speaker 2: We're just being transparent, I had never really listened to Jamie Johnson to h I was just I was going with you guys. Y'all were all excited, y'all were hyped, and I was like, huh. And then Greg and I were talking about his music and he started throwing out songs. I'm like, I don't though, and then I started listening to him and I was like, oh, no, I do remember that. I just did put it with Jamie. Oh this this is the one in his new song that you told me about that what it's new? But with that crazy new it's it's those of us that are my age.
Speaker 1: We think things are new and then we realize it's been out for like almost two years. Yeah, Zach Brown with him Zack Brown and him in this up and coming guitar player on there that is phenomenal his name, but it's called Stubborn Pride in the King in it. I didn't know that, Marcus King.
Speaker 2: The last minute maybe and minute and a half is just guitar solo. It's all it is.
Speaker 7: I can't believe I don't know that song. Could you even you even mentioned on the air Stubborn Pride?
Speaker 1: I forgot to go listen to it.
Speaker 2: On the way in.
Speaker 1: Why don't why don't you maybe the windows down?
Speaker 2: Why don't you?
Speaker 1: Why don't you add that to your George Straight hit list?
Speaker 7: I'm adding that to my playlist. Called slapping country.
Speaker 2: That's can slapse.
Speaker 7: It's country music that slaps.
Speaker 1: So when I got here today, you guys were talking about a Soviet era spacecraft.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was this. It was a headline. How about that.
Speaker 1: Crashed back to Earth after fifty three years? This is your area, Addler, Yes, yeah, Adler, this is your You have to handle this part.
Speaker 5: Okay, I didn't know about it. I'll look it up.
Speaker 1: But anyway, it's say it said that that it plunged Earth on Saturday. I guess this past Saturday, a half century after it failed to launch to Venus. So it tried to get to Venus, never got there. And I guess it has it taken this long for it to fall back to Earth. Well, it was around your anus and then it came back.
Speaker 2: Gore, we go, there we go.
Speaker 1: It fell back to Earth. It says it's not immediately known where the spacecraft came in or how much if any of the half ton spacecraft survived the fiery descent from orbit. That's how long it took to get They say it actually is ahead of time. Uh, and said that they thought it might have come in a little bit later. They said it was built to a stand and a landing on Venus. Of course, that's the Solar System's hottest planet.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows that.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows that. So they launched it in seventy two.
Speaker 7: And it's orbit decayed over time, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it was just up there orbiting, and then I guess over time, over time that turns you loose.
Speaker 7: And closer and closer and closer.
Speaker 1: Wow, nothing in here that it says it hurt anybody or anything like that. They don't know the details. So they're looking and speedy, said. Toby said, nothing to be concerned about. Kobe said, it were good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just the fact it's been up there for so long and just and now it's back. No, that's a big one.
Speaker 1: Fifty years in orbit, they said it. Chances of anyone getting clobbered by the debris are really, really low. They used the word exceedingly low. Okay, well, say that means it's gonna land around on the top of my house. You might deserve it after this, George, realize, excuse me for having an opinion.
Speaker 7: It's already Reiner the atmosphere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're good, that's in.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I do find it odd.
Speaker 7: So check yes or no to that, Greg, right.
Speaker 1: But I do find it odd that anybody like I know, I guess there are things. If somebody doesn't like something that I like, I kind of go wow, okay, but I've never really understood something. You do realize that people have different tastes and different opinions on things. Sure, some things people like, some things they don't. And I'm okay some of you are wrong and I'm right right, but I'm okay with that. But what I do get annoyed with and we've all been around these people that if they think that if they like it and you don't, somehow that that is some sort of mark on you because you should like it because they like it, which is weird. Y'all do that to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you feel that wall? Yeah? You know, like if somebody says, yeah, that was always my problem with soccer, you know, is I couldn't. I could just say that it's just not my thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we go.
Speaker 1: Then it became, well, you not liking soccer her is some indictment on you. You haven't you have a good person, You haven't evolved like the rest of us and embraced this beautiful game. But what what if I have looked at it and I just don't like it now? Obviously, and that's what made it weird. Like I said many times, there was some sort of brain brainwashing we were trying to do on soccer that was just weird.
Speaker 7: Now, can you cannot like soccer? Can I like soccer?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 7: Am I allowed to.
Speaker 2: Like it as long as you don't think that it is the best choice.
Speaker 7: But now you're controlling my thinking.
Speaker 2: No, the best choice for others, not you.
Speaker 7: I don't I can like it the best. I'm not I don't like it the best, but O.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can like it. I'm just other paper making yourself say that.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's okay with me. I don't.
Speaker 1: That's not my thing. But but that's okay. What I'm what I stand against is often misunderstood was the brainwashing and the attempt to say that America was moving forward by embracing this beautiful game, sure, which that wasn't true. If we want to say, hey, we don't play much of this, now we do, maybe you would like it too. And it's good for non athletic people to have something to do, and and and so it's good, right, right, right, it was good up to that for you. I love I love the like the guy called the other day. Well, the rest of the world plays it. I'll tell you why it's cheap it is. And what else are they gonna play?
Speaker 2: Cricket? Well?
Speaker 1: Try to you ever try to get all the equipment for American football in a third world country, right, or baseball?
Speaker 2: It's not that easy.
Speaker 7: Soccer you need a ball of rags, even they I mean, I'm not trying to be funny. That's why it's still popata.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, you saw me do this. You saw this first hand.
Speaker 1: I would go off to Nicaragua and go buy thirty soccer balls ship on the plane and go use it to cool. If you don't, why because it's simple.
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll be back.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show. This is what Trump had in mind when he sought to make America great again. The Rick Burger Shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we go. Thanks for being with us America a lot. You do, a lot going on. Glad you're here. Box seats will fill up a little bit later on, Greg, it looks like you may get some fritters. We got a Burgess ball battle coming up. We've got a hay Bird, Hey, Burge coming up. We've got unstrained phone calls coming up.
Speaker 2: Hey, let me.
Speaker 1: Also throw these things at you, all right, things you need to know. So coming up the YouTube channel got a lot of action going on, so does our podcast channel. Those two have some things that I know you're enjoying. And we're off to a roaring start with this. So coming up this weekend, it will be episode two of Strange Encounters. This is a podcast that is trying to educate on the supernatural, dealing with demons and Angels in Spiritual Warfare. Big feedback on episode one. If you enjoyed episode one, You're in intense ride. Coming up this weekend, we actually will interview a man who had a spiritual battle with the demon involving one of his children, and we will discuss that and there's a lot of good takeaways, a lot of things maybe we can educate ourselves on when it comes to spiritual warfare. So episode two wherever you get podcasts this weekend, also on our YouTube channel this weekend, and if you're a Blaze Blaze Blaze subscriber, good Night Rick, You'll get access to it first before.
Speaker 2: It goes to everybody else, So look for that.
Speaker 1: Also, another episode of Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits and Radio Gold from those thirty one wonderful years of the Rick and Bubba Show, some of those best of moments that'll be out. I think it's episode eighteen coming out this weekend. I believe there's I think that's right. So those are available to you on our podcast channel two, and of course the YouTube channel will have some of the interviews from the on location show. Those will be coming up over the next few days, so look for those as well, all right, So a couple things to update you on today. Did you know that one year ago yesterday, Joe Biden and all of us knew he was in a mental decline. For some reason, the left just started pretending that it wasn't true. He challenged Trump to two debates. Do you remember this, not one, but two? Oh yeah, and we all know how that called him out. We all know how that went. But here's that moment. One year ago.
Speaker 18: Donald Trump lost two debates to me in twenty twenty, sins that he hadn't shown up for debate. Now he's acting like he wants to debate me again. Will make my day, pal, I'll even do it twice. So let's pick the date. Stnald I heard you're free on Wednesdays?
Speaker 1: Was that his fake movie set that they called the White House?
Speaker 7: And don't forget it was the justice system, uh being weaponized against Trump. That's why he was free on Wednesdays. He was stuck in cord all that. Yeah, I can't believe that was only a year ago.
Speaker 1: So long ago, one year so so long ago? Thank goodness, it feels long ago. He said it so well. I saw some emails going back and forth. That it's looking like there's a chance we may have Scott Jennings on the show. I'm excited about. He's got a book coming out and he's gonna we may get to interview him where here he is stern. He is just dropping a bomb on the Democrats for trying to act like that Biden was not in mental decline.
Speaker 2: Here is.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, here's frozen, okay.
Speaker 15: And this.
Speaker 5: It's work.
Speaker 11: It was.
Speaker 9: It wasn't just a sception about a campaign. The man was the sitting president of the United States. There's more at stake here than just politics. There's in the moment decision making. Was the country at risk? Who was making decisions on behalf of the country because obviously the president was impaired, and there were people who knew it, there were people those same people were lying about it publicly, and now the real question is who was making decisions behind the scenes.
Speaker 7: You can't just move past it. Why did that happened? And you can't thank you?
Speaker 2: Who's the kind of cowboy hat?
Speaker 7: Good question.
Speaker 1: He did take it to Troy and he gulped right into his microphone.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to hear that we're not the only show that doesn't. Yes, so I don't even know who.
Speaker 2: That guy was.
Speaker 1: Now, Greg, I know it's been we're real music heavy day, Hey Burg, Hey burd has got some music questions and ain't saying nothing now. Man, about those of you out there, I know when it comes to entertainers, we give pass as we all do. Here comes Springsteen's gonna wine a little bit about Trump. Oh, Bruce, Bruce, come on now, Bruce, we don't need this now. This is didn't Kid Rock responded this on Fox News?
Speaker 2: He dogged him, did he? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So here is here and everybody, letsten, let's get rid of this a concert? Yes now in this setting, just saying right, that's what it's just about. I think everybody's there. Can you tell? Can you sing rosal to? That's one thing I do like about George Straight It is not political.
Speaker 2: Well there you go. Great, But didn't didn't everybody just come to get away from all that and just and be entertained. And now you're going to whole court? Right?
Speaker 1: Well, yes, but but here it goes.
Speaker 19: That won't about.
Speaker 7: Down to their idea.
Speaker 20: Logical man, they're removing residents off American streets and without due process of law.
Speaker 7: Are you gording them to foreign.
Speaker 17: Detention centers and prisons.
Speaker 7: This is all happening.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: He goes on and on flattering of did you hear the splattering?
Speaker 7: Was he did not?
Speaker 1: Because what he's missing. You know how you don't know the room. You're tone deaf, uh, Bruce. A lot of your audience they went with Trump, and they're glad that illegal people are being sent back. And they're they're not doing this with that due process. That's an exaggeration. And and Bruce, Yes, again, Bruce has no idea what he's talking about.
Speaker 7: Watch how much he speaks. He says, he's quoting the view and.
Speaker 1: His word. He hasn't taken the time to really research that. He has no idea at all.
Speaker 7: He's gonna spit a bunch when he says the word fail and I think the front row catches some of.
Speaker 2: Them and prisons.
Speaker 7: This is all happening.
Speaker 5: Nah, here, it is right here.
Speaker 7: He's gonna spit.
Speaker 20: A majority of our elected representatives have failed.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, to protect the American people from the abusions of an unfit president.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got one person clapping that's got the rainbow shirt on. Yeah, guys, I am political. Listen, I don't know if I've ever heard a music star of the grand Statue of Bruce Springsteen and a really probably well attended concert, I would assume packed. I don't know that I've ever seen them make a statement outside of the music that got such so little response. You know, now, we care about your health, We care about your house break. Can you sing Rosalita again?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Born to run? Born in the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't sing born in the USA?
Speaker 7: I know. I mean, who wants to sit for a men in half and hear about how terrible America is? My goodness?
Speaker 2: What about he?
Speaker 1: What if he starts singing they weren't born in the US. Yeah, so they gotta leave? Oh wait, no, not in the USA, I can say us.
Speaker 21: They wrote the ball the US.
Speaker 7: Twenty million people need due process in the US.
Speaker 14: What We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: You got the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show, rocketing from the real.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 2: Here we go, America. Who's ready? Are you ready? Let's go?
Speaker 7: It's time full the rig Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Speedy, Greg Adler all here, we got a lot to do. We'll try to get your phone calls in this hour eight eight eight, The Number six Big Box, our website, Rick Burgess Show dot com find out everything you could ever want to know about your show.
Speaker 2: Right back, are you, Rick?
Speaker 7: It's time full the rig Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: We'll start this hour with emails from you, a little something called hey birds. All right, so here we go to emails and answering questions.
Speaker 2: Hey birds, Hey birds.
Speaker 1: I found myself in a situation last night and I needed the gang, especially especially Speedy's expert opinion. Oh, my youngest son had his pre k K four graduation last night. I didn't know if a graduation bark is acceptable for those younger graduations, or if it's only acceptable for high school and college settings. I told my wife I should do it in Speedy's honor. My dad dared me to do it, but I didn't take de bait for fear of being a good I just thought maybe you could provide clarity for others who may find themselves in a similar situation. This is a listener Preston out of Cleveland, Georgia.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, you got a great dad for the dare. Oh yeah, because I do that too. Probably you not doing it was probably the right thing I didn't. I didn't bark when my boys were real young age. Some of them are scared of dogs. Well, they're scared of dogs, and you're trying to teach them to do the right thing. And so if you start marking that, they're going to bark, and now everybody's barking, and and then you're the you're the bark starter.
Speaker 1: And so because you can't reason with them that I did it, but you can't.
Speaker 2: Right. But but as they get to be young adults or adults, then they know right from wrong and they know, really, Dad probably should have done that, but it's funny and he's honoring me and he's not. But I'm not going to run around barking everybody. You know, I'm a bark when it's right.
Speaker 1: So you do say too young for barking, because you almost could cause the kids to think they can before you know what, you got a dog pound everybody.
Speaker 2: Everybody's barking, We got little barks and other barking and some are scared. Yeah, and then and then they always start barking right right, and they start barking in class, and you need if you're in a parent teacher meeting because your kids barking too much and it.
Speaker 1: Needs to be old enough to discern that my dad's doing that, but I shouldn't, right, my dad's doing that to honor me, because that's what it is. Too much. They're not ready to be burdened with the responsibility of window barking when not too right? Is that what you're saying? Yeah, Okay, I got you.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: Do you ever worry sometimes though, no matter the set that you're actually causing other parents to bark because you barked. Yeah, they feel the pressure they're thrown a green light out there to bark, or they feel like they're less if they don't bark.
Speaker 7: Yeah, his kid more than me because he barked and I did. When I barked to my boys, that was to honor them. I didn't want to let them down and not bark.
Speaker 1: Speedy is creating and it just happened with this email. You're creating barkers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are barking now that normally would have been boring, but there is barking e eetquette.
Speaker 1: You got to know when to bar. That's how and how long.
Speaker 2: That swine came to you.
Speaker 1: You got that window, you do and you don't want to go too short, but you can't go too lunch right, Hey bird, Hey burge Uh. I just ordered Men Don't Run in the Rain. Can't wait to read it. Thank you for the feedback. By the way, men Don't Run in the Rain sounds like something my dad would have said. I have a question though. I'm sixty seven from South Mississippi. I played some type of ball or sport. I played little ball, and I've been acting my whole life. I've been guilty of running in the rain. But my reasoning is this, if I walked, I think people would look at me as an old guy that doesn't have enough energy to get out of the rain. So I show him I can still move a little, even at sixty seven. I'll let you guys decide should I run or should I walk? You wrote the book, so I think you may have the answer. I'm seven years ahead of you, and getting old is only going to be more difficult. Let me give you a heads up. Hey, love the show. Great show, and this is from Johnny out of South Mississippi. Johnny understand what was going on here with Dad. It was a bigger picture of what Dad would say. I see your dilemma. You think if you're walking at sixty seven people think you can't run, you know, and you want to shed with the walk. Looks like it's you either got a feeble walk or you can still walk strongly. You could and like I'm not even reacting to this, Greg, I'm getting wet. Yeah, thank you, Greg, because I think you just found his perfect spot. You need to walk with authority, and it needs to be a strong, physical walk. You can't be kind of humped over the running just a little frantic. And that's why Dad hated it. Uh my dad thought that your wife and your children should be in the vehicle dry and you got it into drive wet, meaning you you got everybody else to shelter. Yes, and you did not frantically worry about rain because you can't worry about things like that. That's right, get your job done. Quit being frank so the family, you just run off in the rain and not get the job done. It's rain, and if you can't handle rain, then you certainly not gonna be to handle anything else that's coming.
Speaker 2: It's a big deal.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: And so anyway, that was kind of his bigger picture. So we would suggest for you stop the running, Johnny, and let's have a good solid strong, even a good tempo walk. Maybe sling your arms a little so that I think that would be better. Okay, let's let's get into this. I know this has not been a good day for this, and I'm now thinking maybe I should not do this. Okay, let me. I'm trying. I'm thinking that they've had enough from Greg right now. Well, no, there's never there's never too much Greg. Okay, I've moved on. Everybody else needs to know what I'm saying. These are all music questions. I may just save them from me. I love music talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll do it. Let me go to this when Greg, and this one is going to slay you. Okay, okay, and I think you're gonna get a good charge. I'm not here, No, you're You're not gonna laugh really no, uh this is this is this one. This is from Kevin. Kevin loved the show.
Speaker 1: I heard you talking about your dad on Tuesday and how he always had a heart for special needs children. Then Speedy talked about the first time he met him, how an intimidating figure he was around the campus, but how nice he was and welcoming to Speedy. So Speedy, Okay, okay.
Speaker 5: Where is this going.
Speaker 7: I can't tell where this is going.
Speaker 1: I understand, I understand why you're saying I might not like it.
Speaker 2: I got it now. Well, he consense things, you know how like two times a dollar consense.
Speaker 1: He conse taking sense that he's walking up. Well, I need to be I got back on he treated Speedy so well. My comment is, do you think that it's possible your death?
Speaker 2: Thought Speedy with special needs? He breaks down. Addler's down.
Speaker 1: Who writes that?
Speaker 2: Who writes that email?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but appreciate it.
Speaker 7: It's an angle to consider.
Speaker 2: Offense the special needs community. No, probably offended.
Speaker 1: Now, No, nothing about that.
Speaker 2: And I'm just saying. And they said, the reason he said, I don't know who should be offending somebody.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's an offensively it's an offensive email in so many ways. But they said, and the reason why is because I'm sure Speedy came in pretty hot, so hot that you're dead. Might have thought it was nervous Speedy. I didn't come in.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite letter we had, probably since the news show start.
Speaker 2: About this. I'm gonna go this far. I'm bringing it to you. Please let me and that's a framer my office. There you go. What was funny is you could feel where it was going. I know that's the beauty of fema.
Speaker 1: So and I do want to clarify something on not on that. But y'all, we love y'all so much out there, We do so those of you.
Speaker 2: That are that are why I always want me to ride with him so much, like come right, I got him, come here's for.
Speaker 1: It's also type of stuff down there. This also explains I never thought about it the number of times a day just for no reason. We'll say. You know, it's a good thing, y'all do keeping speedy employed?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: All right? Is that why I always want to drive his truck? Say you can take me? Yes, he wants because he wanted you to have a good experience.
Speaker 1: Hey, one thing, can I clarify on the book and not that's fun? It is true that the only play you can go for the link to get a signed copy is our websites Rick Burgess Show dot com. Listen, this is important Themanchurch dot com or Burgess Ministries dot com. Stay with me now, y'all, don't leave me. But when you click on that link, it still offers you two options. You can get the book without it being signed, or you can get it with it being signed. There's still another decision to make. Just because you bought it from that link doesn't mean they know you want it signed. You have to make sure it's conclusing.
Speaker 2: Well it's not. It's not confusing. It's very clear.
Speaker 1: It says right there, signed copy, click here, he sign copy click here. Well I'm confused. What are you just want? Well, we want to do this back to the email. But I mean, but then there's the then there's the over here. I'm just getting it Rick, Or how about this? Just sign them all?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: You know what, if that's what the people want, that's what I'll do. If everybody wants to sign copy, that's great. There having a hard time with this, that would be great, That would be great all these Let me tell you who would never get a sign copy of Speedy because he would go find where it was for sale for the cheapest, get the bootleg, bootlegging. He coming with an e book and asked me to sign his iPad. We'll be right back.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show. They are the uncles your parents warned you about the Rick Burgess shows.
Speaker 1: Well, emails, text nation, they're all saying. I have people saying, can y'all give out a warning for those of us that are driving when things like that are coming. Some people saying the whole audience is needing a minute.
Speaker 2: Always was what he loves me some money.
Speaker 1: I got a little jealous a couple of times I said that I'm actually your son.
Speaker 2: Can I ride?
Speaker 1: Do you remember on Honting trips how much he would love on street?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was like you wanted me.
Speaker 2: You rode with me and he told he or I rode with him and he told me stories, and man, we had a good old He told you to stay in and stay until he got back out there to get you. I don't know. Great.
Speaker 1: You know what I remember Pensacola, Pensacola. Yeah, put spitting on the boat with me. Yeah I did.
Speaker 2: I went on Do you were you there for that? Now? I went there? Yeah. I went on the boat with him because you didn't seasick and I wouldn't throw up in front of him. You know what killed me.
Speaker 1: He asked for you to be on his boat because he's looking after you. He didn't think anybody, I said, would keep an eye on you. No, he knew I wouldn't you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's not talk about you did that way.
Speaker 1: Somebody the worst one so far and the worst one on Yeah you are the worst one on text nation. Right now is coach burd just looking down from heaven says what? Wait a minute, he's not.
Speaker 2: You two.
Speaker 1: You two ought to be ashamed you.
Speaker 2: I can't believe. Wait a minute, I wasted effort.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I'm sorry you say that's so.
Speaker 2: But the fact that the person who sent themil took time to walking out, Oh god, was awesome.
Speaker 1: All what went in their head?
Speaker 2: Think about that? Oh yeah, oh this audio nice to speedy because of his Oh gosh, what a good thing he did. He was we I love what we do. I love every single day. For he didn't whisper anything all about me.
Speaker 1: No, at the time that I said, like I said a minute ago, he kept talking about like I was so good to you and y'all look after him and thanked giving him a job. And I was like, what he didn't what did he mean? Job in the world?
Speaker 2: Greg. If you think about it, he's our g reader, he is that. He is my goodness. I don't know what. I don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: No, Dad, so you're just stopping. Okay, I think I think that I think that bit is delivered. That's not why Hobi is my friend either.
Speaker 2: Obie has the same calling Dad does to a good man, stopping all these.
Speaker 1: Even we've lost Adler complete big time.
Speaker 2: We've lost Saddler completely.
Speaker 7: I'm debating on whether to say no, you can't.
Speaker 2: I've done a gala for the Ronald McDonald house. They said I'm a spokesman for him. It's not true. So y'all just stop swire bakers inviting on these hunting trips. That are you serious? That's what I'm done.
Speaker 7: Speedy, were workplace best friends, thank you, And so that's why you know you could even call us best buddies.
Speaker 1: You're terrible, hey, That's why that's what you were pondering with it, because you got to work that in there, because you do a great work.
Speaker 2: With with the best buddies. You really do.
Speaker 7: It's the only good thing I did in college. And you know, I just trashed it. I just trashed that whole legacy just then.
Speaker 1: You did anybody, And I saw you pondering it too. You were going back and forth.
Speaker 7: For the laugh.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, that's all right.
Speaker 1: Anybody offended, don't put me on the email where he's offended. No one just to be offended about. They're only mad about George Straight, right about George Straight. Okay, I'll see sixty The really don't like you if you get the percentage of let me drop thirty seven. All right. Everybody who texts his name, he didn't spell it right. They're definitely didn't. Yeah, come on, somebody spelled his name. If Greenwood he's down, Oh he's rig anybody, let me tell you something, nobody. I don't know if he's going to listen on the delay or win, but he will be down, all right for a while. I'm texting Ryan right now and say are you listening. There's no way he is, because he would have already texted me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm putting Please tell me you're listening.
Speaker 2: Okay. Here, somebody says it's time for me to pass the blanket. That's wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I know that you probably can't help it, but don't read everything that comes up on now.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: Because if I had feelings, i'd cry. We crossed this up. I didn't realize the creative people we have in the audience. Boy, they got some good ones. Did you see how well the email or walked it out through. They didn't rush it. They didn't rush it. They made their way right. Did you really just text Greenwood?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: This? Is Hey, he lives for days like this. Oh yeah, oh Rick, he enjoys this more than playing guitar. He doesn't coach your sofall. He does speedy in a mine. It's his favorite thing. When he got the laugh, oh Gray, you know what this explained. I didn't realize this. I had two coaches yesterday. You want to interviewed them out there? Here we go two coaches. They said, that's that's good. The stains let them get on the sideline and they were asking, you know, they were saying. They basically were saying, hey, if he wants to come be with us at a game, they even give him a title. You know, it's a stadium guy.
Speaker 2: All they do.
Speaker 1: I'm right here, right, so all right, so I'm waiting a response. All right, this this, I think we're good. If you want to go too far, this is barking. That laud thing kind of falls under it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Greig, Now you're you're gonna have to get I wanna suggest we get back into trup. That's it.
Speaker 1: That was funny. We've had a good time with it. Now we're gonna move on, right we do? You got me till Greenwood calls. Right now, when he calls, we're going right back to it, going right back. I can't imagine. Do you think there's any chance that your sons are hearing this right now?
Speaker 2: Oh they're down. Nobody loves And you said it too, Greg all Fair. You said, oh so your kids make fun of you too, yeas I know yours hammer on You.
Speaker 1: See my from Christmas when he was sticking a box on my head while I was sitting on the can.
Speaker 2: You know stuff like that. Nobody needs hecklers on the golf course when you have two of your sons.
Speaker 1: I watched your sons. That's a good shot, Dad, You looking good, Pal, and a lot of you think this would be this would be a given, but it's not. Probably our closest our wives and children probably listen to the show less than all of you do. Oh yeah, watching your sons watching entire show and watching them laugh. Wednesday, it was a lot of fun. Yeah, yeah, that'll stop. She said, Y'll stop it, Ye'll stop it. I forget, I'm laughing. I forget.
Speaker 2: It's on me. I'm done me. Oh.
Speaker 1: I would suggest that the next day in game, I wouldn't bring a boombox.
Speaker 2: All right, So we'll we'll, we'll, uh we'll uh yeah, how about that?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 1: Well all right, okay, we'll be right back. So there you go, believe it or not. There's other things to cover there are. We're we're going a phone segment schedule right here. But I think we I think I'm I think we need to do a few more stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then we'll come back. Are a few more things, okay.
Speaker 1: Our numbers eight D eight eight number six, Big Fox. I'm right here. I'm a I'm a real person.
Speaker 10: You are you are, We're right back. This is the Rick Burgess Show. He doesn't have O C D. He just likes things to be a circuway.
Speaker 1: Wick Burgess, thanks for being with us America. Well that's been a good one and we're not even We're about halfway through, so box seats will fill up here momentarily. Another Burgess Ball battle coming up today too. We'll see if somebody can win. We have more Hey Birge hay Burge coming up. It's continuing to deliver and we may do unscreened phone calls here shortly too. Hey got the opportunity to be on with Glenn Beck a little bit later on. So if you catch Glenn Back now, his contents like ours, it's out there, live, archived, all these different things, and then he's got stuff he does on Blaze. Then he's still got his radio network very similar to what we do. And so I will be on with his radio show and it will be on. It looks like I'm going to be interviewed on the live show around ten oh five ten oh four Central time, eleven four eleven oh five Eastern Time on Glenn Back Today talking about men Don't Run in the rain. And then I'll be on with Paul Finebaum on the SEC Network on Monday for thirty Central, five point thirty Eastern. Also done a couple of podcasts, uh Man in the Arena and the Art of Manliness. Those should be coming out next week as well. And then there's more. I've seen the board in there. There's more to come in. But I hope your especially needs employee can get that organized. Okay, don't be down the rest of the show. We're just kidding around. We didn't bring it.
Speaker 2: Everybody's just kidding around. The pictures of the.
Speaker 1: Whitakers on the things a little month and I wouldn't I wouldn't look at the text Nation, but I just kind of hold what you got.
Speaker 2: And I'm still waiting on response from grim Greenwood.
Speaker 1: Relief factor. A lot of you are like me. You're on, Greg, Stop, just please stop. I'm done, okay, relief Factor. Greg, I just said stop. So I'm gonna have to turn the TV off right there. I'm gonna have to we gotta textation is gonna have to go down. We're gonna turn it off. We're to get anything done. You leave out, You're just.
Speaker 2: To leave. You just need to leave the perfect place. Okay, you reheal.
Speaker 8: They got the picture that is an actual picture of you.
Speaker 1: That's what's gotta concern you, Okay, Greg, I'm cutting special Needs.
Speaker 2: Is my cousin Lisa's birthday tomorrow. She is lovely. It's terrible.
Speaker 1: She's the sweetest soul ever.
Speaker 2: She is.
Speaker 1: When it's her birthday tomorrow, We're gonna go up to the huntel and celebrate it. She's very very kind. You gotta work, you know what you are to and and I'm gonna I gotta work at my parents house.
Speaker 2: I'm them. Oh gosh, we got to talk about that in a minute. These work days come on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just getting things done.
Speaker 2: Everybody does that for their parents, all right, all right? Would y'all, oh y'all don't. I sure would like to get this commercial in. Okay, good, that's possible. Okaybody, this act like that of that ever happened?
Speaker 1: Speedy? Are you rolling in there? Are you good?
Speaker 5: I'm good?
Speaker 1: Thanks, buddy? Oh what am I?
Speaker 2: What is that? Okay?
Speaker 1: You're good? Relief factor dot com? I agree, honestly. All Mike off down, okay, just just turn this off.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that one right there doesn't get you skip holpe stalking to Speedy. Okay, okay, all right, all right.
Speaker 7: Don't look at that scream. Whoever sent that.
Speaker 2: Gotta stop, gotta stop right now.
Speaker 22: It isn't about me too, I forgot it.
Speaker 2: With somebody else.
Speaker 1: Well, Greg, you know, like Speedy always tells us, so LifeLock a box of chocolate.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's man, all right, I'm just gonna forget the commercial.
Speaker 1: Now, go ahead. I'll just try it again later if I'm getting in for the hours up, it'll count. Oh yeah, all right, Relief Factor dot Com. And you know you have needed relief. I know speedy does. And let me tell you that we're talking about all natural. We're talking about these botanicals have been proven for years to help with inflammation and and they'll.
Speaker 2: Okay, forget y'all know about relief. I talked about it a lot and it's really good.
Speaker 1: Love it. Take it every day, y'all get some Relief Factory dot Com information. It did help me after playing golf. If hopefully I did one earlier in the week, you can send in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got one.
Speaker 1: Oh, we can do it next segment now, I think I we covered it.
Speaker 2: I think Relief.
Speaker 7: Fact the one from the twelfth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Relief Factor just had the biggest audience they've had in a long time. Sure, Hey, how's mister Chin doing. Everybody's wanting to.
Speaker 7: Know he's great, He's alive?
Speaker 5: Is he?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Showing showing.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's alive.
Speaker 7: I think I actually over fed him a little tiny bit because Tom Tom's a little big.
Speaker 2: Are about this fish yeah, okay, mister Chin, I forgot all about Chin. That's what I'm saying. I did it comes he's not is. I really wish we'd have kept Frank and he was much more exciting. Let me ask you this, how many times have you changed the water out?
Speaker 7: Almost every day?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: When do you do that?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen you've seen your work schedule after you're working like, there's no way you're doing do you have you don't have time for that?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 7: What I do is I you know, I bring my own water in for work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bring my thing. So I've just got an extra plastic bottles that explains the picture of RFK Jr. In there.
Speaker 7: Yep, exactly. Then the RFK locket I wear around my neck right. Yeah, but look at him, he's all he's look he is hungry, he's coming up to the top. But buddy, Tom, Tom's a little fool. Not today, buddy, Not today.
Speaker 2: I just got an email from a high school saying that they're going to give me a uniform while I'll run out with the team his fall. See that's wrong.
Speaker 1: That ain't right well now, and I wouldn't gonna bring it up tonight. You did I actually got one team. They won't know if you want to come to the scrimmage and score. See, okay, I should all. I hope y'all all have Tommy Yates today. Now what in the middle of traffic. Can't do nothing about it. You can be thinking.
Speaker 2: We're fixing overdue?
Speaker 1: Was fixing to.
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 11: You know what?
Speaker 2: That's an email?
Speaker 1: You know what that's like, saying Greg, It's like me being Villa Rick and you said, we keep this up. We're gonna be in Atlanta. We're there. I mean I can see that. I can see the city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh Burnerfield right over.
Speaker 1: You're right speaking of that though, Adam, you brought up your hero RFK Jr. And I know that you're trying to make America healthy again. Video eight.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The back and forth on eggs, back and forth we go again. So now we're back to eggs are healthy again. You know the egg you know, and we let them create these egg beaters and all this stuff, which is some of the worst tasting things on the planet. And now we're back to eggs good, eggs bad, and today eggs good again. Okay, so here's the FDA declaring now eggs healthy again. Right, eggs are back on the FDA's healthy list.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 23: I don't know why they were ever taken off in the first place, because eggs are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. But according to the FDA, eggs are now a health food. If you're thinking about chicken eggs, I would look for hass. You're raised organic corn and incredibly nutritious source of vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin BET, twelve, fol eight, riba flavor, colon, selenium iron.
Speaker 5: The list is a long.
Speaker 23: While these nutrients contribute to energy, help with weight and weight loss, They help with a tidy they help with fertility. Eggs aren't incredibly nutrisious food for humans and for kids, but check this out. If you are sensitive to chicken eggs and you can't eat these, you might try quail eggs. Diff ov ucoid protein that's the protein and chicken that sometimes causes allergic reactions, and that means less allergic reactions, less IgE mediated allergies, qual eggs. Look at this, guys. This is either a dragon egg or an emu egg. This is just cool based on how it looks. It is so beautiful. Yeah, this one is super hard, and the yolk in here is massive. And we've also got goose and duck eggs. These are bigger than chicken eggs. They have a nice creamy yolk. Whatever kind of eggs you want to eat, get eggs in your diet. They are a health food. Do not fear eggs. Do not fear the cholesterol and eggs. If you have sensitive chicken eggs, eat some quail eggs. If you want to be on Game of Thrones and you want a dragon egg, find an emu egg.
Speaker 1: You know, I know what you're about to say. Based on all this information the guy just just gave us. Okay, when could how could they ever be declared not healthy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I want to know when they did it.
Speaker 2: Was it? Was it the cholesterol. So all these facts that he just went by that was so sharp had to be here then, right, So they looked at those facts. Then I said, up, not healthy, don't eat it. But now I don't listen to any of it.
Speaker 1: I don't listen to it's a corrupt Here he goes, it is there, he goes, it is RFK juniors. Finally, and their appointment.
Speaker 7: On to it with lots of tentacles.
Speaker 1: But what it does tell you ad are all kid and aside, just in the level headed world. If they keep changing what they're saying and we keep discovering that they said something that it then turns out not to be true, then you start you start thinking, like I said, first time ever, and I don't like the way it feels. I hate the way it feels that. Now you know, there was a time where if I went to a hospital, I went to the doctor, and I went in there. I thought everything they were saying was was the gospel. I could trust everything they were talking about. Everything on here is on the up and up. And then we went through this pandemic thing, and now we've come out of it going Sometimes we're told things that you know you need to question. And let me tell you right now, if your loved one is in the hospital, you better be an advocate. Yeah, you better be an advocate. You you better sit there and look. Make sure they're looking at every chart, they're paying attention, they're on top of it. And that's sad. There was a time when I didn't since we had to do that. But were you better now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we'll come back.
Speaker 7: Just Paul Saladino. He's a big time conservative food expert.
Speaker 1: Just to get a conservative food expert. Yeah, so we have liberal food experts and food is politicized.
Speaker 10: Is the Rick Burgess Show? The people who like this show you wouldn't like anyway? The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: That we're hanging out having a blast today, America. Thank you for being with us. Much to do going forward. The box seats are outside, they're starting to gather another Burgess ball battle. Saw some goodies come in, Greg, you get a fretter, any fritteran that might haven't checked yet, but I've seen a lot of good pastry.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I like all pastries. Rick, you know that Adler. Do you agree with this?
Speaker 10: Rfk?
Speaker 1: The third? Do you agree that they said the problem on cholesterol with eggs that at the time of declaring them unhealthy, we were not educated on good cholesterol yet?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Was that the problem was that? You think?
Speaker 2: That? Was it you checking with on that?
Speaker 5: A scam?
Speaker 2: Greg?
Speaker 1: I figure he would know, by the way, is really.
Speaker 7: I think I think in my opinion he does.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, that's a bit of a step out there, bro. That's why I said, let me ask the room this would anybody eat that emu egg or whatever it was?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you? How much do I get when you're not getting anything? So let's talk to people actually eat them.
Speaker 7: I would prefer it to be scrambled so that I'm not like dealing with a yolk the size of my head.
Speaker 2: I was a yolk son.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, I was going to ask you on that too. So can we also declare that eating egg whites and eating the yolk that's also just a scam?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, it's such a scam. I was actually it works together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was actually told that too, saying this egg white things completely. Yes, don't eat the yolk.
Speaker 2: Eat white.
Speaker 7: Is a scam. Eat them both, eat the yolk goodness, total hogwash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the people that.
Speaker 7: There's there's been a meme on the internet for a while that say people that tell you to eat eggs, and it's just two pictures of two people. People that tell you to eat eggs and it looks like a bodybuilder, and then people that tell you to not eat eggs, and it looks like the person looks like a couch.
Speaker 2: Well, rocky ate eggs.
Speaker 5: They looked like a couch.
Speaker 1: Yes, just like you remember the Rocky scene when we were kids, when he cracked them eggs.
Speaker 7: I tried that one time.
Speaker 1: How much for you to do that?
Speaker 7: I tried it one time.
Speaker 2: I do it.
Speaker 7: I think I chewier than you think.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 7: You can't just swallow it, Rick, I don't have to chew the raw egg. Me and my buddy did it, and we almost raffed everywhere.
Speaker 2: I won't great to do it today. And I don't have my wallet with me. Do you have a s I can go grab it in the car I got. I'll give you twenty.
Speaker 1: Five hundred dollars. I'm not giving you five hundred dollars. Figured out pasture raised or or not?
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: That matters to me, does it?
Speaker 5: I would prefer to be pasture raised.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know they to eat it, especially you ever seen him in m cages? When I sit there with.
Speaker 5: That convey not a good look.
Speaker 2: Not a good look. They stink. They couldn't walk. That couldn't walk if you, if you chased them.
Speaker 7: They shaved their beaks down to so they don't like you.
Speaker 2: Don't don't don't go too far. My goodness, my goodness, flag fish all over again.
Speaker 7: Oh, my goodness, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm looking at this because I'm actually going to be flying with this airline, which I normally don't do, but it is my only choice. And I talked to Tubberville about this on Wednesday. I've got to get to Lubbock, Seminole, Texas. Yep, by the way, that's coming. That's that's not that far away.
Speaker 2: Now you can report back if it really looks like Iraq, don't greg that's what he said.
Speaker 1: That's what he said. I'm looking forward to. He didn't say it was Iraq, but if the landscape similar, how was that offense. I'm going to Seminole, Texas, and I'm going to be speaking there for the weekend.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you remembering that.
Speaker 1: Okay, major airline and we're talking about American airlines are going to accommodate flyers with connections. Many Americans are planning to, you know, take off this summer. We know this. I would be one of those. No, I don't have the star ID, but I do have a passport.
Speaker 2: But here's what.
Speaker 1: They're going to do.
Speaker 2: Hope they change that.
Speaker 1: American Airlines is looking That means it's not official. I guess to take some of the anxiety away from those whose flights are introducing a new technology for customers with connections. Now we've all been there. You're on the plane, and now the plane you've got to get on is delaying, and that's going to now mean you're going to miss your connection. It's a terrible fit. I've even got the point because I have so little confidence and the commercial airlines staying on time, I have so little confidence in that. I'm getting better about going, Hey, let's look at that connection. Give me two hours. Don't give me forty five minutes, an hour and a half. You give me an hour and a half to two hours, because I know that I don't want to come off that plane flying or then you miss it. It says, if the airline determines it can delay the flight without any impact on the airline's schedule, they're going to propose a short hold to get those connecting customers on board, meaning they're gonna start taking your connection and say, hold up, we got a problem with the plane coming in. It's it's it's something that you know is on us. We're gonna hold the connection for you a little longer.
Speaker 2: Now when I hear this, well, that's gonna it's gonna trickle down because now that hole hear.
Speaker 1: This, I don't know how they can do it. When you hear this, we can delay the flight if it has no impact on the airline schedule. If you're delaying it, you're impacting the scape.
Speaker 2: Of course, unless there's a longer delay for that flight wherever it's going to your point, Rick like that that flight is getting there and they've got a two hour delay that they'll wait.
Speaker 1: I guess until it starts to affect you. I guess they're saying, we fudge in some time. Yeah, and if that fudge time is available to us, we're gonna use it to try to get you to your connection. Is there any let's just talk about it as far as travel is concerned. Okay, as far as travel is concerned. That running and if you've got to carry on with your carry on luggage and you're running, and that anxiety if you start asking the flight attendant, hey.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me where my gate is? Could you look up my connection? Tough?
Speaker 1: And then you you're just praying, now where are we coming in? Now we're coming in on terminal A. Okay, maybe my connections in terminal A where's my connection? Oh, you're an E And you're like, you can't even especially if you're that at an Atlanta or Chicago or some LA and and you're the other end of the of the airport.
Speaker 2: You want to aid, you want to aid yourself. When it's this conversation, bring up a Hurtz commercial with Jack flying and they're like huh, they're saying Americans over bags.
Speaker 1: American Airline says, we want to improve our boarding process by using technology as well. We're excited for our customers. We're going to have new improve experience traveling with us this summer. Well we'll find out on June the seventh, because that's when not climbate board American. Can you imagine? Let us know, I'll come back that passport down. They go, you got to have a star. Well you know I've already done. I don't speak till that evening. And then I'm staying and speaking Sunday morning at the church too. And when I was talking to American Express about helping me with my travel, they were like, well, now we got I mean, we got one that's leaving like when when the sun's not even up yet. And I said, put me on that one, and they were like, well, when are you supposed to be there. I said, it doesn't matter. I just got to get there. Let me get to Lubbock and then I'll work it out from there. Let me have the first one out. That's smart because if you're not on that first one out, all you got to take. Used to getting up early. Oh biggie, thanks Gray. You know, but I usually don't have to do that on Saturday.
Speaker 2: No usually though, why.
Speaker 1: The front of line. But here's another thing too. I also don't have to go and speak, but I enjoy doing it, so I look forward to it. There you go, and I'm honored to get that chance. So there we go. All right, box seats, you're going to be coming in. Here we go, Wox seats, you're gonna be coming in, and we'll be settling in. Got a Burgess ball battle coming up. We do go unscreen phone calls here next hour as well. Got another hay burd hay Burge coming out. Thanks for being with us on this edition of The Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show. You better listen up.
Speaker 5: You know what we say. All I'm in an you gotta find.
Speaker 10: Broadcasting from the World, The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being here today, America. Having a blast any part of the show you missed catching on the daily Our guy available to you on our YouTube channel or our podcast channel every single day Monday through Try and then over the weekend catch up on any of you might have miss during the week. Also a best of hour available for you on Blaze Tv and also own our podcast channel every day. You also get Wednesday Bible Study on the podcast channel and the YouTube channel. This week's archive is there now from this past Wednesday. Coming up this weekend episode two of the new podcast Strange Encounters and Buddy. It is intense, so catch that. Those of you that have already seen episode one, thank you. If you haven't, go get episode one to get ready for episode two that coming out this weekend. Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold another episode of that coming out from the thirty one years of The Rick and Bubba Show. Catch that episode this weekend as well, and then next weekend for Memorial Day weekend, it will be the next episode of Tales from the Camp House, exclusively on The Rick Burgess Show YouTube channel. Look for that coming out Memorial Day weekend. So we have a lot going on, uh, and you can go just get just enjoy all of it. I love that text we got earlier in the week. Somebody said, you know what, there's more to enjoy now than ever, and I.
Speaker 2: Love all of it.
Speaker 1: So so thank you for that. Okay, So a couple of things to hit. I mean, dare I dare I do another? Hey Birch, after what happened there, I don't know. We couldn't get through Dare I do another one? This one is a little thick on music. But first of all, we got to say hello to the vox seats everybody you know. Can I tell you of all the new merch we got. I really love this Burgess ball shirt. It's popping, and I emailed and told them to send us all one and they never have. I think they may have forgot. I got to go back and revisit that. I love that shirt. It's a it's a Burgess ball shirt you can get in the store. And these two look like they're ready to play with.
Speaker 2: The shirt on.
Speaker 1: They mean business and they know that Will's been good lately and an opportunity to win some cash. Look at that, said pop Pop. I love a shirt that pops, don't you. Yeah, So that's coming up, and they come from all over, They come from all over. So we're all a lot of goodies. Y'all are more than welcome to help us. Say to them all, it's not exclusive.
Speaker 2: It's somebody.
Speaker 1: You can get Greg out of the way. Did somebody bring Gregor Fritter? Uh?
Speaker 13: Good?
Speaker 1: Nice throwing micro. We have some biscuits in there. We're ready, biscuits, all kinds of So, thank y'all. That's very kind of you guys to do that, and we look forward to meeting you as the show continues. So do you want me to do another hay Bird?
Speaker 2: I want to?
Speaker 1: Dare I do another one?
Speaker 5: Hey Bird?
Speaker 1: Hey Birch emails rolling then, but we ain't turning back Big Fox in the house.
Speaker 7: We're turning it loud. The Rick Burges show was rocking the crowd. Ques just keep coming. The answers flow email stack time. But we're on the birds on the micro time to stall. We're taking control. We're answering them all.
Speaker 1: Hey Burch, Hey, what's the worst show? Here we go, we're here, let's get started. This is going to be in the music realm. Greg, I'm sorry Greg has already angered a fan base, and in the hayburd another fan base is in trouble. I must warn you. I want to save it.
Speaker 2: Everybody. Actually, like you got to be a George Straight fan of You're like going to hell.
Speaker 1: Don't bring it back up again. It just died down. I know you guys, Hay Bird, j A Bird, Stephanie checking in. I know you always say don't tamper with the memories, but I'd like to know your thoughts on one of my favorite band's heart. Oh yeah, I've seen clips of their twenty twenty five tour and Anne is performing from a wheelchair. Yeah yeah, was it kind of like Phil Collins? I guess, but I think she had a like something. It wouldn't like she was just wheelchair bound and they knew that. I think everything was she had something possibl id this that they had to postpone the tour and all that should we expect on the twenty twenty five tour, no matter how late in the tour, still in the chair now.
Speaker 7: July of twenty twenty four, she was diagnosed with cancer and undergoing treatment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what will be?
Speaker 1: They were set up ready to go hit the road or maybe even play some shows. What I'm saying is, I don't know if it's a temporary thing, that's my question. But the whole tour in the chair, uh, my opinion is her voice is still the best ever. It is good adder you coming from a singing family, how is she belting like she belts from that chair sitting down?
Speaker 7: That's got to be difficult, that's got to be tough. I'm trying to find some footage of I'm good, yeah, or if you.
Speaker 5: Guys don't want to temper well.
Speaker 13: I like.
Speaker 2: The old stuff, that heart better. Eighty stuff was good. Don't get me wrong. Nobody's asking about this, Craig, but boy, I like the old stuff. Nobody's asking that guy was trying. This is strictly a question about Tampa with the memories.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, they're coming to Birmingham in June, June twentieth. They'll be at Legacy Arena.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Really, Also on that note, first of all, are we okay with Anne Wilson going to see her in the wheelchair?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would. I don't think I would like to see that again. It'd be hard for me to watch you remember, when I think Axel Rose broke his foot and he sat in a chair. Dave Grohl did the same thing when he broke his leg temporary, but they did play shows. I had like The Game of Thrones thrown when I saw the Eagles the last time. Timothy b. Smitt had messed his up snow skiing or something, and I had to watch him sit in the chair a little bit, not a wheelchair. It just kind of found away from to sit. So you got footage. I've seen it. People have seen it to me. I've seen it on social media. She seems to be singing. Okay, yeah, she's seated and she's a very outstanding singer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean see, it's hard. I felt like, you're struggling.
Speaker 7: He's going lower register.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see.
Speaker 7: Instead of she's like, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: It's tough, man. That's a tough decision to make because she's trying to she's trying to recover. And then if you're going to be in with heir, don't have a grandmother hair due to go with it.
Speaker 1: Because that that did y'all notice that, or no, we saw that.
Speaker 2: We were watching it with you.
Speaker 1: Grandy goes weekly through the hairdresser and they give her that up. Dude, so now Grandy goes weekly. I'm just saying, if you're going to be in the wheelchair because you heard her sack, I get that. Is there is there a way to not cancer?
Speaker 7: Here's the chorus.
Speaker 2: Is there a way to will her out and then maybe put her in like a director's chair or something where she's maybe if they can get that thrown.
Speaker 1: I just noticed, did Nancy shave her head because of and going through the treatment?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, who was this right here?
Speaker 7: That's a dude on the far left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she looked up.
Speaker 7: All right, go ahead, all right, here's the chorus.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't Okay, Yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 7: I mean that sounds different.
Speaker 1: It's different because you can't. Yeah, okay, that's sorry for it, but it'd be hard to sit and watch. No, that's what I'm saying. I think that this we need to honor her because of her incredible talent and let her get through what she's going through. I don't see this is that thing where people always misunderstand me, kind of like Biden. I don't know that this is loving somebody elect check.
Speaker 2: Their dignity can we not have an electrical wheelchair where she's like, you know, and like she's going around and then like every now and then spin around. Go you know what I mean? You show me again, I see it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like she's just she's like hit.
Speaker 2: Hit the course the carse okay, crazy, look hit that gear.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying she could work to stay.
Speaker 2: And then go to those over here.
Speaker 1: Great, I mean I think, all right, I think look sounds You're right, that would be better than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's something around back to dignity again. M hmm.
Speaker 1: So and the last things drummer, by the way, it is I've seen that live before. By it's impressive. It is at stadium fests. We had them there one time. So uh then somebody says, so, now that I have your attention, what were some of your favorite female vocalists of all time?
Speaker 2: And would be one of them?
Speaker 1: Wilson would be one. I'm gonna did y'all like Cyndi Lauper. Oh my goodness, she's not before you before I just trash you completely.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of songs that she can sing that when she's the girl that just means you like the songs yes, I like time after time.
Speaker 7: She's got a notoriously bad voice.
Speaker 1: Does she's got good songs?
Speaker 7: I will say she's got some good.
Speaker 1: Money changes everything. Of course those songs both written by the band called the Hooters. But I do love those songs. Okay, Stevie Nicks, I like Stevie Nicks buddy, Yeah, wow, I actually really really like and I'm a style guy over anything. I like Macy Greg. Yeah, I like the funky sound of Macon. I like Anne before she was in the wheel chair. Uh she because she especially. You hear their stuff in the seventies. It's awesome stuff you forget about, right, and so somebody's obviously I'm not thinking.
Speaker 7: I'll listened to I listened to Aretha Franklin.
Speaker 2: I want girls. I will say this. I will say this.
Speaker 7: I love them.
Speaker 1: Greg loves them. Didn't like the catalog. Didn't like the catalog. Only maybe one or two songs. But as far as me hearing her sing something Whitney Houston, Yeah, Levaille, don't forget that. I don't start that. Well, it's better than you do. You like Melissa Edward?
Speaker 2: What about that?
Speaker 1: You like the lady Nickton John? When I was a kid, I did that. We're talking about singing, not just talk about y'all.
Speaker 2: Say Blondie lately on say I have not Yes, not good.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the only show hosted by an Oxford graduates well Oxford High School, the Rick.
Speaker 1: There's a Burgess ball battle about to take place in here coming up?
Speaker 2: Next segment? Do you hear me?
Speaker 1: Next segment?
Speaker 18: What?
Speaker 2: Next segment?
Speaker 1: You remember the plan we were operating?
Speaker 22: None, we got it.
Speaker 2: You can't come home?
Speaker 1: We got it all right? The emailer, I don't have it, but.
Speaker 2: I'll get it.
Speaker 1: Well, No, you're fine. You're doing a great job. Good for you in this one here all cares about spretters.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: I got all kinds of good stuff and I'm going to heat up a centa row speedy Greg, And I say, do you once get good for you?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 1: Simply safe dot com everybody slash big vox. Now, when you are locking up and you've got a simply safe system, you you are not just locking up, you are unlocking peace of mind. How'd you like that? Knowing your place is going to be protected? Twenty four to seven. Man, they're way out of way out ahead of everybody. Groundbreaking innovations like active Guard outdoor protection, where live monitoring agents use AI powered cameras to spot and engage suspicious individuals proactively. Seem you get security that doesn't just react to the three, but it actively works to stop them from ever taking place.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Monitoring plans started around one dollar per day. There's no contracts, there's no hidden fees, sixty day money back guarantee. So take control of your safety today and hear this. Speedy savings go to simplysafe dot com slash big Vox fifty percent off. There's also a link at Rick Burgess show dot com. Under the sponsors. There is no safe like simply safe dot com slash big Vox fifty percent off.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay do you sometimes and this happens a lot interacting with people today when they think they're making a point but they're actually making your point. Yeah, and you're like, are you listening? So in this whole world, and I know we've covered this topic up, down, back and forth, and we have nothing new to say to it. But there is a new development, and that is we have a high school transgender track athlete biological mail competing against women. Now I want you to listen to what he says, because he's totally missing why people are upset. This is why everyone's upset. So here here is the transgender athlete talking about what they're about to do by winning the California State Championship for women.
Speaker 24: Is that even registering as you're competing.
Speaker 6: Honestly, no, I'm still child. You're an adult, and for you to act like a child is shows how you are as a person. Nothing I can do about people's actions, Just focus on my own.
Speaker 24: On Saturday, other competitors beat Hernandez in two of her three events. She won first place in triple jump. She is not currently ranked nationally, and she has been outperformed by over two meters in her jumps by girls competing in states that have banned gender affirming care.
Speaker 6: All I thought was, I don't think you understand that this puts your idiotic claim to Trish. So now you have no proof that I can't be beat.
Speaker 1: Here we go here you are in march, Yeah, just jumping. So we now hear this person say that they're going to go out and win the California State Championships to make a point to the haters. Well, I thought the point you were making is that the biological females can beat you, but in the preliminary stuff. But now you're going to go out and win the state championship. To make a point, if you win the state championship, you're actually making the point of the people.
Speaker 2: That are upset.
Speaker 1: You're not. That's why they're upset, is they think you can just step out there as a average male athlete and then win the female championship.
Speaker 5: Now I'm calling sandbagging.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, now now when the track start does start winning, I'm really so we played this way back when, didn't we?
Speaker 7: I don't know if we played this exact clip. This may be newer. This person qualified for the state championships in those three events that they mentioned. That means three girls don't get to go. So you're already replacing actual girls. So your point is already occurring. You have already done the thing that we're all worried about happening.
Speaker 1: It is happening, right, So now you're point, you're gonna have parents heckel Hernandez when Hernandez is obliterating the female competition in the California State semi finals.
Speaker 2: Here we go, all right, here we go going to jump and she jumps. That's a boy. That's a boy.
Speaker 7: That's a man.
Speaker 1: Man, that's a man. Man, that's a man.
Speaker 2: I've never heard it, but quite that that's a man.
Speaker 1: That's a man.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just it's unfortunate. And I think until we get to the point where we just developed another division and let transgender athletes go and compete against each other, this is just going to continue to happen and it's not gonna make any sense because it's just as you just pointed out, Adler and everybody out there with female athletes in your family, you just feel like you're being you're being robbed by.
Speaker 2: Something that seems so elementary.
Speaker 1: Also some other things that they speaking of sports, did you see it's out. It's now out that Caleb Williams tried to avoid getting drafted by the Chicago Bears and all and considered speedy. This is your world a UFL stint. There's a new book out that is saying that he apparently tried to avoid getting drafted by the Bears, and he and his family consulted with lawyers to find out if there was a loophole in the collective bargaining agreement, and his father told the books author that Chicago is the place that quarterbacks go to die and they try to get out of it. He said, I don't want my son playing for the Bears and said that this will just be a disaster for his career. And it hasn't been that great.
Speaker 2: It's been one year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're right. But let me ask you this. He had eligibility left in college, right.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think it is.
Speaker 11: Did he?
Speaker 2: And then USC?
Speaker 1: I imagine they can pay you a good bit of money, stay in college another year, and then the next year maybe a different team has the top pick, especially with the nil deals. Yeah, I mean you get what's the rush? Yeah, what's the rush?
Speaker 2: If it's not a team you don't want to say? Okay, I'll wait till next year. I'll make a few million dollars until I go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be interesting to see how this year goes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's a head case. But for they're saying that he had quote terrible coaching last year and he had three thy five hundred yards, twenty touchdowns, six interceptions for eighty nine rush yards. Ben Johnson is going to be joining the Bears this year, so when maybe.
Speaker 2: It'll go better.
Speaker 7: But he is a head case.
Speaker 2: We'll be back Burgess Ball Battle with the Vox seats coming up next.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show, Can't Get out of a Car, Funny, The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Here we are America.
Speaker 1: It's been a wild ones today, and be sure you catch anything you missed on the archive. And also some things that are going on this weekend. We covered a lot of it. Ma I'm been talking with them, what great people, kind and inviting me to come to Prattville First Methodist tomorrow morning. They've got amend's event going on this weekend. I'll be speaking tomorrow around eleven thirty. I got en up that yesterday they will have copies of men Don't Run in the Rain, and I'm happy to sign those for you if you want to grab those tomorrow in Prattbull First Methodist, pratt Bull, Alabama, tomorrow thirty. Looking forward to being part of their Men's event tomorrow in visity with some of you guys. All right, Speedy, are you ready? It's Burgess Ball Battle time, So Speedy, I.
Speaker 2: Send it over to you.
Speaker 1: You'll be drawing randomly from those that fill the box seats today who will be called into battle today mister Calvin well Rick, I'm over here, Burgess ball court, ready to go. Yes, and first drawn was Heather Murphy. Heather Murphy. She has a Burgess baal t shirt on. Oh, she could be a ringer yep, and she check it up.
Speaker 7: Is Matt Beck.
Speaker 1: Matt It is mad, come on mad, rocking head head.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 2: So now they got Heather and Matt. Y'll both each.
Speaker 1: You each have your lane.
Speaker 2: You got thirty seconds, first, twenty seconds. Everything's a two. Last ten seconds, everything counts as a three. So if you're a little behind, stay focused, you could come back. We've had folks do that. Okay, y'all ready, I'll tell you you when to start. You're gonna wait, You're gonna wait for the crowd to cheer. Just give me a second.
Speaker 1: It we go. I get ready and grab your balls.
Speaker 25: Here we go, there, there they go go.
Speaker 3: Go.
Speaker 26: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Heather is up to a lead, six to two.
Speaker 5: He is out right.
Speaker 1: Heather is up to a league.
Speaker 27: It's eight to six, twenty seconds left, ten to six, Heather over match.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 27: Matt, Oh, Matt, you're running a culture car. Here we go, ten seconds left. Everything's count as three. It's fourteen to twelve, it's seventeen, it's twenty eighteen.
Speaker 4: Again, it's a.
Speaker 1: Let's see, it's twenty three eighteen.
Speaker 2: Heather over, Matt, what I got twenty fourteen seven?
Speaker 27: Oh, oh my gracious, Heather won twenty six twenty four one.
Speaker 2: Believe what a game?
Speaker 3: What a game?
Speaker 2: Wow, let's go Heather.
Speaker 1: And now Heather goes to the will Matt hanging there.
Speaker 2: You'll see what you could avoided?
Speaker 13: Was it?
Speaker 1: Is it interesting that somebody with a Burgess ball shirt on has one Burgess ball?
Speaker 2: Usually the shirt comes after all right, so here we go.
Speaker 1: All right, so this is Heather Murphy.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: So what you do is you will, of course, cry outs as loud as you can. It's will to me, and it's up to you. Can reverse spin, you can spend it as hard as you can, you can try a little English. It's totally up to you. Heather, what do you say?
Speaker 5: It's will?
Speaker 2: And there she goes.
Speaker 1: Let's see what happened? There we go, will that will? Can that will produce money for Heather today? I'm on, Heather, can it make it happen?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 11: We Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's okay. I mean, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean she's got a signed copy of Men Don't Run in the Rain, right, that's great. But it ain't five hundred dollars. No, it was, I mean it was, so that's very you know. Here's the good news too, I have some I can go ahead and personalize to it. Well, how about personalize it and give it to you today? You know that's your dad looking down on whoa. Yeah, that's right. Yeah, how about that right there? It's a blessing, you know, and the life lessons in there, they got to be worth more than five hundred right right, you can't put up you can't put a price on that though, I'm sure inside yeah, Greg said you could put a price on it. Today I can put one on it. Five hundred dollars. That's right, that's right, Thank you, Heather. Have their good job, great win. Congratulations. It goes along with a T shirt.
Speaker 7: So now according to Ironhillpress dot com, that's twenty four ninety.
Speaker 1: Nine to see there.
Speaker 7: See there price also priceless.
Speaker 1: So now we have a tough day. There comes to Matt. He goes over and we're going to start it right where she was. And Matt, of course, you say it's not will to me, and then you spend it.
Speaker 2: Sorry buddy, and I got you, I got meet by girl right here we go. Nobody said that that that was your friend.
Speaker 1: Who got that set. Look at Matt looking okay here here we go. Okay, Oh no, oh man, oh Matt okay, okay. So you would have you Blaze TV membership for a year, but you don't get it. You don't get that, and you also have to deal with him the rest of the day. And I'm sure he's not the same thing about it. Yeah, Ben is already on your little bit. Oh Ben, Hey, you know what you played hard? You had you look, you have a sweet shot. I mean, but just so did so did she?
Speaker 2: You know, sitting there watching bird just balling, and we've all done it. You can either get in the hot streak or it can just hit start hitting that rim and you're like, good night, what's the pressure?
Speaker 1: And when you get to the three pointers, he actually for a moment jumped ahead yes, And then Heather came right back and said, I'll see that three with another She said, watch, let's meet him.
Speaker 2: Let's meet him.
Speaker 1: We got the big boy, mic oh boy, eat it up by night everybody's got to speak into the mics. Don't be back. All right, So the Big Boy Mike, let's have Corey and Jordan Payne. Corey and Jordan Payne coming to the Big Boy Mike speedy and uh so we're going to be interviewing them, and we got you got up there. Okay, good, got it ready to go?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: So Big Boy Mike is hot. Uh and so hello Corey, Hello, Jordan?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: So where are you guys from?
Speaker 2: From Calhoun, Georgia.
Speaker 1: Oh when I first said he first saw that, I thought Calhoun County, Catha, Georgia. Jordan, Georgia, Calhound And this is Jordan, your son. Okay, both of y'all. Welcome to the show. So do y'all have any shout out your questions?
Speaker 2: I have shout out to my wife Hope oy Hello, hey Hope, and daughter Amily. She's in school. You got to miss school? Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: Other son, So how do you? Jordan seventeen years old? Got your hair just like you?
Speaker 15: Like you?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 1: Looking sharp, don't don't chest too long and a fall out. I know as you look at your dead, by the way, look at your dead, that's your future.
Speaker 23: Man.
Speaker 1: There's your future. Well, thank you all for being here today, or saut what picture me with that head? I hope you enjoyed it?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So up next?
Speaker 2: What do he say.
Speaker 1: With that head of hair? We've been picturing you, We've been picturings so Shana and Brian Hills for hellis Shana and Brian Hillis making their way up to the big boy Mike and so uh so, where are you guys from Madison? Madison? All right, so welcome? Any shout out your questions?
Speaker 2: Shout out to my dad, my brother JP, and Lamore. What about you?
Speaker 1: Any shout outs at our questions?
Speaker 27: Shout out to my kids at Riverton Intermediate Mount Carmel School and my sister, my stepsister who loves the show, Angela Walker.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, thank you very much, the Pride of Madison, Alabama, thank you all for being here today.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: Well there they are, we continue and she just won in Burgess Ball. They got their t shirts just like they like it and they got to gather in Charles Parker. This shirt is available at Rick Burgess Show dot com. Just click shop. I like it, so, Heather, Charles, what's going on? Good morning, Pansa Cola. Any any questions or shout outs. My parents are listening.
Speaker 22: And then our boys that were supposed to come with us but then found out they had exams today.
Speaker 2: Oh so much for education. Who needs.
Speaker 1: Our oldest last day of school?
Speaker 2: So I have to hear.
Speaker 1: I have goodness, love to be there for you, last day school, going to see the guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love you.
Speaker 1: So tell me about this shirt decision. Were you that confident today or you just thought it was a cool shirt.
Speaker 7: I thought it was cool shirt.
Speaker 2: I knew we were coming. Okay, it is a cool shirt. It is.
Speaker 1: Well now you Now if somebody asked you, what did you win burgess baby, well yes I did. And if they ask you, you say about our cheered my wife on did you did you? Did you think she had a good chance to win it?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not? Ding, that's honest. Right, Well, thank you. I enjoyed the rest of you have good What you got? What wait a minute? Oh wow, she's got a big right big.
Speaker 22: This is a probiotic immune snack packs I got for Adler since his kids keeping sick.
Speaker 1: These are for you, Rick.
Speaker 2: They're a less gay snack O.
Speaker 1: Love it. These are These are for the rest.
Speaker 22: Of you guys, since uh, since Craig didn't want to share, that's in there eight eight take that into that's right, Thank you, very You're welcome.
Speaker 7: It's very kind of coming from Pitts call.
Speaker 2: I couldn't be an angie and bring the five horse mill like.
Speaker 1: That's okay. You brought Jimmy Dean, but you didn't get anything.
Speaker 2: It was both.
Speaker 14: It was.
Speaker 7: Because share.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, So those are those are speeding us?
Speaker 1: She said, they're everybody, they're everything.
Speaker 2: You and Adler got something, but we the rest of us got every Okay, get anything.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna take some of that stuff. And so if you can get out of my hand, thank you so much. And congratulations about one and.
Speaker 2: What you get.
Speaker 1: I got that.
Speaker 2: You're gonna try one more?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 1: So how about Ben roads? Is Matt coming up with Ben or just Cobody?
Speaker 4: Come one?
Speaker 1: Okay, you got rode together, come on the same car, Come on, So Ben, I have to ask you.
Speaker 2: I have to like, yeah, so how do you know each other? How do you know each other? We worked the same place.
Speaker 1: I worked the same So I'm not a couple. We're not okay. Nobody wait, nobody even thought that.
Speaker 2: No, he just said that. No one, not a couple. One person thought okay, and I saw there alright, so nobody thought that.
Speaker 1: Rick Man, I'm sorry, Ben, How how much grief will you give Matt? The rest of the rest of the weekend, like the.
Speaker 2: Rest of time, the rest of time?
Speaker 1: So where you guys from from Tuscaluse any any shout out your questions?
Speaker 28: Yeah, I'll shout out my kids Jackson, Jacob and Jordan with a while that's a girl because we're cool like that. Yeah, my beautiful wife Crystal, who uh told me how to make them cookies right there.
Speaker 2: I didn't see those in there.
Speaker 28: And shout out to everybody who's that work today while the two bosses are not there.
Speaker 1: Bosses, Matt, Matt, do you do you even? Do you have anything to say?
Speaker 2: Buddy? We'll use boss loosely. He's gone most of the time. He's injured. He's injured.
Speaker 1: This happened in there's any shout out our questions?
Speaker 7: Yeah, uh, my wife and kids Emily, Liam and Levi. And then I got a special shout out to our man troop Man church group, uh leader Jeff Stevenson.
Speaker 2: It's been really good. Oh, thank you.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: So what's curricam you're doing right now?
Speaker 2: We're in the first one. Oh yeah, appreciate We're on commitment right now. Yeah, so last one. We're about to start a second curriculum.
Speaker 1: Oh good, Yeah, good? Thank you? Pretty bad now, don't you know?
Speaker 2: I don't I.
Speaker 1: These are two great guys right here. If they've heard this show on their way here and now in here, they know rasing is part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not doing life together. That's great.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys for being here, and thank you for the cookie.
Speaker 2: Still I'm about to get a look at that.
Speaker 11: We look at that.
Speaker 1: We'll come back still enjoy the rest of the show.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: We've got a lot more to go. We'll continue right after this.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table?
Speaker 15: Cool?
Speaker 10: No, and get on the show. One eight eight eight six big buck.
Speaker 1: All right, let's try this unscreen phone calls. Here we go eight eight eight the number six big box eight eight eight six two four four eight six nine. We are ready to go. All you gotta do is doll us up. You're just gonna hear ringing because these are unscreen phone calls. A little adventure as we screen on the fly. This seems to be the preferred way to do it now with us and all of you. So doll us up and we'll get ready to get you on. Let's get started. Let's see, here we go. All right, here we go. Hello, welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. You're on unscreened phone calls, go right ahead.
Speaker 29: If tomorrow you are in gray Storm watching golf as a fan and you hear somebody say, hey, Robert, you know it's the bulldozer man. Did you get.
Speaker 15: Tared with Speedy?
Speaker 30: Even if you can, really, please just make sure that you don't have drive him, because then he'll call you gay.
Speaker 7: That's what you did to that long drive guy. That's what you did.
Speaker 1: Phenomenal career.
Speaker 7: That's so call him a professional.
Speaker 2: We continue.
Speaker 1: Hearologized, Yeah, his songs are great. Uh, let's go. Unscreen phone calls. Hello, Rick Bird you show go ahead.
Speaker 13: Hey, fellas, So I've sent an email to Speedy and Rick y'all may not have seen it or not, but I'm just wondering Gregg's opinion on So have you guys ever thought of frying a plain big Deborah honey bun just the plain glade, not the white frost and fry you bacon and an iron skillet. Get done frying you bacon. Throw a honey bun on that.
Speaker 7: On that dude, on that dude, Hey, I like it.
Speaker 1: That's kind of you know, I would try it. Sounds weird. I'd give a shot on that dude.
Speaker 23: Uh.
Speaker 1: Let's continue, unscreened phone calls. You're on the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: Go ahead. That's funny.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Hey buddy, what's up with Sonora having a Matthew mccattaughey impersonator. That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Call me Alabama.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't even know what you're talking about. I know I know the lawyer you're talking about, and I know he does a lot of commercials. I haven't heard that when I don't know. Uh we continue, Uh, Welcome to The Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 11: Oh yes, sir, my name is Sean Pierce. I just want to say I enjoyed the new show. All great, Thank you listening morning, long time listeners. Six to catch some days. But I bought your book last night, a signed version for my father in law. Great, so Father's Day. I hope it'll be great and the Johnny Man like you are.
Speaker 1: Thank you, man, I appreciate that I'm getting now it's been out there enough and people have got the audio version and the ebook version quick. Some of them said, man, ironhel Press is doing a tremendous job. You're getting them almost within forty eight hours of ordering them, so now we're starting to get feedback of people reading it. So thank you. That's always great, and I appreciate that encouragement. And thanks so much for being a fan of the show, and glad to hear you enjoying it. Let's continue Rick Burger's show. Unscreen phone calls, go.
Speaker 30: Ahead, Uh yeah, this is Speedy is for Speedy. I was at the Stallion's game Sunday and I was kind of something confused me. I saw where Jay Sternberger headed Speedy again, ain't ball on the sideline, and I could figure out why. Now figured out what it was. It was his makele Wish moment.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, see what you've done. It was an emailer. It wasn't us true or Faulse. What that tight end he did?
Speaker 2: Pitch you?
Speaker 1: He did, okay, just because he knows me. He thinks we're cool to get.
Speaker 2: Thanks your pals. Yeah, seen it before, It's all y'all. I've seen it before.
Speaker 1: It was fun. Uh, let's go unscreened phone calls. Welcome to the Rick Birders show, go ahead.
Speaker 19: Hey, I just want to say, I think getting on unscreen phone calls has become back more fun than actually trying to get on the wheel. I mean, it's it's an absolute treasure.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you did it again today, You did it again today.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: It is this your first time to get you.
Speaker 19: I have a blessing. No no, no, I call in all the time, but I don't I can't give up my secret incognito name. But I enjoy getting in.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, good, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Unscreened phone Calls. Rick Birders Show go ahead.
Speaker 17: Hey guys, Hey, so you're familiar with David from a flowery branch.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, show yeah, my name is.
Speaker 17: Not only did they choose that guy for the spokesperson. If you listen to the cut for the commercial, they allow him to say he's been a farmer since for.
Speaker 2: Forty four years. I don't know who's running these commercials.
Speaker 19: That's been the same thing to even let through the cut.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought he's a pharmacist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 19: It feels like it feels like he's been a farmer since for forty four years.
Speaker 7: Facist.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see what you're saying. I think it's pharmacist.
Speaker 7: I think it's farmacist.
Speaker 2: Something I would say.
Speaker 7: Because then he goes on to say, like when people tell me it's worked it for him and makes me so happy because I'm for flower repress.
Speaker 2: You've been holding that in Wow.
Speaker 1: We continue calls Rick Berd, Hey.
Speaker 15: Good morning guys. Hey, uh straight a man. I freaking love you, man. I mean you're a stud, there's no two ways about it.
Speaker 2: But earlier I got the.
Speaker 15: Picture and you riding down the road with old coach and that truck and you having some of your misspeaks or something, you know, that old coach just being like it's okay, buddy, It's okay, buddy.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna live that one. Now, enjoy the weekend, buddy.
Speaker 1: Here's the wors Here's here's the Worthers.
Speaker 2: You fine, there, there's a right.
Speaker 1: Right in front time top of the hour. If you leave us, have a great weekend. A lot going on this weekend, So go enjoy every bit of you got more Rick Burgess Show stick around.
Speaker 10: Us is the Rick Burgess Show, Big Box Entertainment. Please AM's The Rick Burgess Show with Speedy, Greg Burgess, Edie Van Adler and Rick Bogs.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thanks for being with us on a brand new Hora. Welcome in Speedy, Greg Anders. You heard all here and the bond seats are full. We've been visiting with them from all over. They brought nice gifts today and so being very very kind.
Speaker 2: We've had a Burgess ball battle, We've spun some wheel, We've done a lot.
Speaker 1: So as we start the hour, we will hit a couple of stories. I want to remind you well in an hour, an hour from now, if you're catching the show live, and a lot of you don't, but those of you that do catch the show live. In an hour, I'm scheduled to be on with Glenn Beck.
Speaker 2: You want me to try you, I can get glennachrame man, you're not bragging, that is what's happening.
Speaker 1: Anybody want to anybody want to? You may try to get Glenna cry Yeah and uh I want I say. The thing is, you know how Glenn is. You know, hopefully I can keep it light with Glenn, but you know, Glenn will go He'll he'll go right down like you you can just imagine how Glenn will be of all the chapters and all the fun, all the cutting up in the book where you think he's gonna go knowing Glenn Rick, take me to that hospital room, take me to that moment in the final moments for your dad's life here on Earth. Let's talk about that too. That's where he's gonna get it right. I mean, he's gonna, he's gonna, he's gonna take us right there. You're right, you know, So that's that's good. That's gonna There's no telling what Glenn has in store. So I'll be on with him coming up here in a little bit. And if you don't catch Glenn's show live, he also, like us, has archives all weekend, so you can try to catch that.
Speaker 2: Also.
Speaker 1: With this was starting all the promotion for the book and all that have already been on a couple of podcasts, Enjoyed That Man in the Arena uh and also the Art of Manliness, and those are two really big podcast especially in the sphere of men and Men's Ministry and all that. So whenever those drop next week, I'm honored to be on those two and enjoy doing those interviews. And then Monday, if you're an SEC network fan and a fan of Paul Fine Bob's radio show, I'm on with Paul coming up on Monday afternoon during his show, I think four thirty Central, five thirty eastern. So making know of that, and there's a lot more of that coming up. I tell you the one that I know that one Greg's really getting jacked about. You can't wait. I have to go to seven hundred Club. Can you you ever thought that? No, think about all the times that you and I grew up together. Do you ever think what if I'd have stopped you in one moment said you're not gonna believe this.
Speaker 2: One day I'm actually gonna be a guest on the seven hundred Club. What would you have thought?
Speaker 1: I would have said, no, Ben believe me. I would never believe because I know what that show is about. I don't know if you'd made a cut, Greg well back in those days. Well, but I mean here we are, I mean they're still with it. No, No, Greg, of course, Greg don't know it's not anymore.
Speaker 2: Right, It's been about one hundred, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: It's going to be kind of eat tell you right, you know coming up next week? You know, Andy Andrews is back on. Did I tell you that? I talked to Andy yesterday? And somebody has sent me they they've actually sent me a picture. I was telling the guys. So Andy Andrews and his new segment has been a big hit on the program. And so Greig don't like it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you not?
Speaker 1: Grin?
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: He'll talk about it. Yeah, I know your.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm doing. And I know you're Andrew.
Speaker 1: Don't just start swinging. And I said, boy, mess me up. He spoature right in that. But apparently.
Speaker 2: Or be true.
Speaker 1: So I called Andy last night because I was trying to get some information on something that he and I've been talking about, because I'm gonna be on his podcast too, and is he answers the phone. I can hear noise all around him. Uh, And and I'm like, hey, said Andy, where where are you? And he said, well, I'm at a ballgame and and I said, well that's not that important. Just I'll talk to you Monday or tomorrow or whatever. What what ball game are you at? He said, well, I'm at the state championship for Orange Beach, just playing in the state championship baseball. Well somebody, uh now, so I think it's baseball.
Speaker 2: It seems like when he was in here that day I thought he said something. So I may be wrong. Thanks, Greg called him Randy, So who do we? What are you?
Speaker 1: But I really think it was I was paying attention when he was telling you. You know, it's Greg. It's very possible I wasn't listening and you and you heard that because according to Sherry, I don't listen.
Speaker 2: I think that's what she said.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so the.
Speaker 2: Uh something like that. But the but he is a championship game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a championship game. Yeah, and so I and somebody has sent a picture and they said they were at the game and they heard his they heard his voy and they said, can I just ask you?
Speaker 2: What is your name? And he said and Andrews. And then they've got a picture made with him.
Speaker 1: And he was at Chocolocke. It was the softball because the men were at Jack.
Speaker 2: Stappe where y'all got him at chocka Locka that's where's He told us the last time he was here that he was coming to Choco lack A Park, Orange Beach Softball. I think they've been there like three years in a row or something.
Speaker 1: Back to you not listening, by the way, I think Thompson wanted so they that two different classifications. We're all over the road. We don't know, Greg. I'm sorry. I think you have to be right, because you seem to have a lot of a lot of information about this.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know Helena High School's playing in the state championship.
Speaker 2: Today based off softball. Really, yeah, I know there's a lot of that as a matter of fact, and I want all of you to know that. I've seen it on the text Nation, and I've seen it on emails. Apparently there's all kinds of people playing for all kinds of championships and all kinds of places, and it's really not possible to give every one on a shout out. And Rick and Andy's at one of them, and Andy is at one of them.
Speaker 1: Really, the bigger story was them getting their picture made with Andy. That's all I was trying to get. He really went and looking for the score of the game. Right, I understand. Yeah, that's it. Another one. Now when when you this said, that's it right there said they won the fifth in a row. Okay, Greg, I think you're right just because they texted, don't we.
Speaker 2: Well they're pretty reliable.
Speaker 1: They're not Artil did win, but they're reliable on this kind of stuff. Not really, I don't know. Did you see this? Now? This is when you get serious. Americans have been notorious. We went through this with the Russian deal, with the w NBA player. Here's an American basketball player has now been arrested in Indonesia. Now here's what he did not realize. It's Jared Shaw, thirty four year old basketball player in Indonesian. Their their their basketball league, professional league. You know, we do have a lot of Americans to play all over the world. Well, you need to know when you're in a different place that things that may not be that big a deal here could be really big there h he has he could face the death in Indonesia, death penalty, death you know for what for what? Cannabis candy, just the little death edibles, the edibles death death death they have about it are death, he death, life sentence and even the death penalty if found guilty because he smuggled these candies into Indonesia. He he They kicked him off of the league immediately, says we do not tolerate minor. We do not tolerate uh drug use and drug trafficking in our league. It's under investigation to undercover international drug network behind the case and stop the distribution into Indonesia. A spokesperson who has a lot of letters in their name that none of us could pronounce.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The manager of the team he plays for, no way I can say this name said that he was That is breach of contract. He's been removed immediately and will be banned from playing. We do not tolerate players, administrators, or anyone in the field involved in drugs in any way. There is no room for drug users in the basketball world of Indonesia.
Speaker 2: Good gracious, I'm gonna tell you serious about it. Yep.
Speaker 1: It says they they have five hundred and thirty people on death row in Indonesia because of drug related crimes.
Speaker 7: My goodness, what, I'm sorry, but what an idiot did not learn anything from uh what's his name? Britney Grinder?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know how you were going to do it, But I knew it was coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's good.
Speaker 1: Hell, but no, it's it's a much bigger deal. You remember the time that we had the kid that went over to where was he he was in the Was he in Singapore? And got caned?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: They caned him for graffiti? Yes, something serious is that? And by the way, we were not able to get him out of the cane. No, he got he got caned. Have you ever seen caning?
Speaker 2: Oh? We watched the bamboo that grabs you.
Speaker 1: How much to get cane to get in?
Speaker 2: No way?
Speaker 7: Five slices you It slices.
Speaker 2: Five thousand dollars to be canes at a thousand and how many I gotta know how many licks too? Oh? I do for two?
Speaker 1: I do two thicks for five grand?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bendo. I mean you ain't got five grand. You ain't gonna give it.
Speaker 2: Nobody, no.
Speaker 1: Five grand from you? Getting five grand from you? Seriously? I mean I was gonna ask you for it and see if we go. That's like asking Trump not to take credit for any success. Bike's having a lot of it. Nobody, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Nobody's talking to me? You don't care everybody about everybody's.
Speaker 1: Talking about it supports you.
Speaker 7: You don't remember when that dude stole that sign in North Korea and then oh yeah, when North Korea handed him back he was brain dead. Yes, don't steal signs in North.
Speaker 2: Oh, I forgot about that one, all right here, No, I forget about that one.
Speaker 1: Uh, we'll be back by the way. I bet they don't have a lot of drug trouble in Indonesia.
Speaker 2: We'll be right.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show. In order to truly benefit from this show, you must have a sense of humor. So like enough Francis and enjoy the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Stop taking yourself so serious.
Speaker 1: Lighting up, we're here, by the way, if you'll be so much better off health deer today. We're all good to some degree, some more than others. All right, So as we work our.
Speaker 2: Way back, let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: In the field of greens, game changer, any y'all on field of greens? Yet, guys, we've got two people that are already taking field of greens here in the box seats. The rest of them are basically they're all watching us to see our health goes. And I will tell you it has been a game changer. I can honestly say that I feel better, I have more energy, and I'm enjoying life right now from a health standpoint, more at sixty than I did at forty. And there's a lot of reasons for that, but Field of Greens is one of them, because the nutrition parts are the most difficult. Now, Wen, you got to be disciplined to move around a little bit. I got that, But that's not complicated. It's just whether you want to do it or not. But the nutrition can be very complicated.
Speaker 2: And I get enough of this. I don't know about that. What about that?
Speaker 1: Prevely five servings of fruit and vegetables? Because somebody, what will Field of Greens make sure that you do? And when you're getting the fruits and vegetables the body desires. This is all backed by science. Doctors been working on this. It's not just any fruit and vegetable. You need the right ones. Well, instead of doing all this and you're standing in the produce section going down, is this the one I'm supposed to have? Just take Field of Greens. It's good for the heart, the liver, the kidneys, the immune system, healthy blood because the body is running on the right fuel. It's like the body running on Premium baby. So go to Fieldogreens dot com right now, Fieldogreens dot com use the code big Vox say twenty percent. Also, there's a link at Rick burgesshow dot com under the sponsors button.
Speaker 2: I see these.
Speaker 1: Two bizarre stories today, fellas that have video to go with them. When I see what's in the videos, I don't know that I want to see either one of them. We can talk about it. The one you have on ten a Adler, I don't think there's any way I want to see that. Well, I mean, why would I want to see that.
Speaker 7: It's not the raw footage. It is a news package, so I figured it would be additude or blurred at least.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you want to start with that one? Up to you guys, somebody we've all heard about road rage? Right, yeah, Look be careful he dealing with. You don't know how crazy they are.
Speaker 2: Look at Greg, he's getting so excited because he thinks something's about to happen and that he that he can going this right up your alley.
Speaker 1: There we go, So we have road rage. Some woman in Pennsylvania gets upset. Oh woman, Oh that makes it even worse now.
Speaker 2: It's really hurt.
Speaker 1: I will say for those of us that no longer have an attention span. Of course, I never have had one my entire life. We're talking ninety seconds right now. That is a long time on the NEWSPA.
Speaker 2: Just get right.
Speaker 1: Let's get right too. Okay, Okay, we'll get right to it. I know the Vergs boys, you better better be tending. You better bring us in good. Okay, all right, So.
Speaker 25: By now you've a crappy situation in del Cock.
Speaker 7: Okay, this is the video. This is real.
Speaker 25: The video that is police charging the woman they say defecated on another driver's car. When news anchors have to say justificating, But here we are tonight. This is the ten o'clock News. I'm Jason Martinez.
Speaker 14: I'm John Timmany police say it all.
Speaker 25: That's the lead story of road rage that quickly escalated into a shocking scene.
Speaker 2: Our Chris O'Connell is.
Speaker 7: Live for us to Chris.
Speaker 25: The range case has a lot of people asking a simple question.
Speaker 14: Why a strange case to say the least guys, in fact.
Speaker 1: So strange.
Speaker 14: Many people thought this story was fake, but according to a Prospect Park Police, the Delco pooper is all.
Speaker 7: Too real, and she's under arrest tonight. Yes, it's not real, and he tell us what happened.
Speaker 1: The lady chase me. She chased me, and I asked her, that's what's happening.
Speaker 14: That is forty four year old Christina Solameado being put into a Prospect Park police car. But you may know her by this now viral.
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: We're not going to see it.
Speaker 14: It's getting out of her car and yes, defecating on the hood of the car of another room. She seemed getting right back into her black Nissan we saw parked outside of her home tonight.
Speaker 7: They were both headed in the same direction.
Speaker 25: They both lived not far from one another, and the woman in the dark COLR car thought the one was following her, which was actually just going home.
Speaker 14: The incident happened to stay evening near the corner Madison, half a block away from a little weak frame where the Delco defecator video has left some neighbors.
Speaker 11: I don't know, it's it's been running through my mind.
Speaker 2: All day since it was about it. Just another day in Delco.
Speaker 14: So the metal was booked on charges including indecent exposure, disorderly conduct, and a misdemeter depositing waste on the highway.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can I say that that control is pretty impressive so she can go up there and let it go get back in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was I was gonna say. The most impressive part is her control she has over her body. Guys, I'll tell you what I'm what I'm about to do.
Speaker 7: She goes and basically sits on the hood ornament basically and saw the unedited video. I saw the unedited did not which does not show her body parts or anything like that. But when she walks away from the car, it's like someone took a water balloon full of mud and threw it at the car. And I'm so sorry that I told you.
Speaker 2: Thanks, buddy, had.
Speaker 1: A bad enough vision.
Speaker 2: You're sorry you told us that. God, I'll never get that. We don't have video from.
Speaker 1: The driver's perspective. So what you're saying is I will try to handle this.
Speaker 2: It's too late.
Speaker 1: We're talking about she's got a little deficit on the fiber side. I guess a new guy that that could make hisself throw up. But I've never seen this. I don't command. Yeah, command probably not a healthy eater, probably always has one ready to go.
Speaker 7: She had one ready to go, don't co deficator.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Crapping on the highway is only a misdemeanor. Yeah, now that one's a mystery in Indonesia.
Speaker 7: And they were just living close to each other. She don't even following her. They just live close to each other.
Speaker 1: So that's what this lad's gonna be known for for the rest of her Yea, she doesn't crapper what they called it, but there was all kinds of word crapper.
Speaker 7: It was a crappy situation.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was that they get. If she had a skirt on her, she'd have taken it taken a minute. Well, you can't stood on it. You almost can't do it without a kilt or skirt. Yeah, if you've got to go to the pants and all that, because you've got problems and then drove right off.
Speaker 7: I thought it was bad when I flipped that guy off. You know, that's nothing compared to this.
Speaker 2: No, and you'd egg somebody's car. Well, I have so many questions, but I'm not going to ask any of them.
Speaker 1: That's well, you could tell she she's out to lunch, but she's hollering at the camera. But it seems like if you're If you do that, I think I think I can do it. If you do that and nothing takes place and you go directly back to your car and sit back down, yeah, I'm just gonna leave it. She didn't just punish the girl behind her. She punished herself to Yeah, the car, say so, she punished. Yeah, Well that talking imagine driving go Renseans off your car. I tell you what I'm thinking about when either one of them try to sell their car. Now, so tell us some things about that car, right, Okay, Well it hasn't been in any crashes. Anything I need to know about. No, I mean, have you heard of the Delka Yeah right, yeah, that's on Carfax?
Speaker 7: Sell it?
Speaker 1: Even that little laid bring that little fox coming and says, I got back he is where you're a.
Speaker 2: I got crazy as a fox.
Speaker 15: Wow.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: The bottom of the hour.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show. The man who informed dipping Ducks that they were not, in fact the ice cream of the future, Rick Birches.
Speaker 1: Nobody had to tell them thanks for being with us America. So much to do, mind giving to squeeze in a few more phone calls before we are done. Uh, so we might give you that opportunity right now, A Birge, A lot of hay bird today.
Speaker 2: We've got some great ones.
Speaker 21: Today, ay Burg, Hey Birge, spawning more topics today.
Speaker 2: It's been a.
Speaker 1: While one if you missed it another. Uh, you know, it's getting pretty much to be the norm. Uh to miss one of these shows is there's no way to go up. You should never miss it.
Speaker 2: Don't miss it.
Speaker 1: Who knows what's gonna happen next? Hey Bird, hay Birge. Greg, if you would like to say I would like to be left out of this conversation because of things you've already done today, You're welcome to do so.
Speaker 7: I will.
Speaker 1: I will give you that option out there on the sideline, Hey Bird, Hey Birge. I agree this is I'll move into this one. I agree with the audience. I love when you guys talk about music. I like hearing the ins and outs of music podcast listener here. I think that you guys are pretty knowledgeable. Speedy is somewhat knowledgeable on music, but Speedy is very knowledgeable on golf, and the rest of us are not. So it's just we all give and take. Calls them by the first name buddy, Yeah, you do the other day we got to go over here working on uh So. Anyway, I have never heard y'all mention the group Alabama or Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band. That's the one I'm worried about.
Speaker 7: Alabama's been on well, which passed the show.
Speaker 1: Which more than likely is an indicator. Maybe I'm wrong that y'all are not fond of them. Was just curious where y'all stood on these two groups, Alabama and Jimmy Buffett and the Core Refer Band. Love the show, keep up the good work. This is from how Well. I guess I'm gonna make me do this again. No, what I'm saying is, if you would like to not do this again, you've already He's not gonna be able to be quiet.
Speaker 2: No way. Alabama and it's amazing.
Speaker 1: I mean he hit they had unbelievable and I do like them.
Speaker 2: And then then I'll stopped there. You're going to leave that alone? Yeah, Adler, I love Alabama.
Speaker 7: I listened to I'm in a hurry and I don't know why when I'm sucking traffic at least once a week.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's weird.
Speaker 7: It's such a good song, great message. I love a lot of the other songs too, and I'm exposing my kids to it.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: Jimmy Buffett, I saw at I think it was a hangout Fest one time. I was covering the Hangout Fest and he was one of the acts and the audience was yes, very and it felt and all the songs have like motions to him, like fins to the left and fence to the bunch of and everybody in the audience is doing it, and everybody in the audience is doing it. And it felt like it was like Chuck E Cheese for adults. It was like it was The Wiggles for adults. And I felt weird. I was like, I feel weird, And that's that's cool. Great if you enjoy that music. It's just not for me.
Speaker 1: So that's a polite way of saying it.
Speaker 2: That was I would say I hate him. I'll just say this. When I was like, and here we go eleven years old, Rick, I bought forty five to Cheeseburger in Paradise and that's about all that. That's it. And I was a kid then I really liked that song. Release the Cracky Gospel Music George Strait and Jimmy Buffett all the same way.
Speaker 1: None of those things have a fan base either. I just say not popular.
Speaker 7: Beach music guy, You know I'm not a toazing the sand guy, No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I will if you're eating outside, you know, on the beach ordered seafood waves to your right.
Speaker 1: Do you mind beach music in the.
Speaker 2: Rother a c D?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. Can I tell you this is about as brutally honest as I can be on it. Beach music for me lost its appeal when I started being sober.
Speaker 2: Good point, it's fair, that's fair. That's real talk there.
Speaker 1: And uh when when I when I would oftentimes not be sober, I found it fitting and certain scenes. But once I now live a life sober, it has no appeal to me whatsoever. And so but the group out of them, I actually like quite a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I said, it's amazing. You shoo that mountain over there. You forget how many hits they have.
Speaker 2: One of these days, I'm gonna climb that mountain mountain, mountain.
Speaker 7: Mountain, looking for my lost shaker of salt, and the whole audience goes salt, salt. I'm going to leave. I gotta leave right now.
Speaker 2: You don't know all the moves, and it's like the Rocky Horror Picture Show. It was weird like that participate.
Speaker 1: Of course, bad timing on my part, since I think I'm actually going to Orange Beach in a couple of weeks to see Andy Andrews, and I'm gonna actually be with Jimmy Buffett's cousin. I think so is that Lulu, No, that's his sister.
Speaker 2: Sister has the restaurant. Yes, you can be. I will say that all this back Brick.
Speaker 1: On a positive note, I do like Jimmy Buffett better than George Strait. I will say you Greg for making sure just when all of those people had gotten past it.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thank you for making sure.
Speaker 1: Thank you for making sure that they can get mad again before the show ends. I ain't throwing the one no no, he saying, you don't know you What he's saying, well, yeah, you said let me. You like cheeseburger in Paradise when you were a kid. You don't like it now? I don't hate it, But it's when you think it's kind of where you're singing about a hamburger.
Speaker 2: It's a little weird. What what what Jimmy Buffetts song could you Live with?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 1: Don't say the one I think you're gonna say, Yeah, No, I really sign of a sailor, son of a son of a win and I'm going to see you, Okay, I don't like I.
Speaker 2: Like that song. So that is it is? It is?
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 1: Is it on that phone right now? Under music? It's not oh yeah, talking about your phone? Right all right, so let's move on. A long time listener regrets saying it from two thousand and fives, I wish you left the George straight Now you have no reason to do that again. Yeah, I wanted to give something positive to Jimmy Now. Loving the new show, Thank you. I love when you all break down music and love the different opinions shared on the show. I'm just wondering, in y'all's opinion, you think are the person who was in a band and had the most successful solo career. You cannot say Michael Jackson or Paul McCartney, so they're out. Who do you think?
Speaker 2: I would say?
Speaker 1: Lionel Richie? Yes, from the comedy. Would you all agree with that? I agree with it. That was in a band that went Soloehnel Richie definitely.
Speaker 2: Phil Collins pretty good. Yeah, it's a pretty good one. Yeah, that's a lot of hits, a lot of hits. But so do you think Phil Collins had more hits than line of Richie? Maybe maybe watch it?
Speaker 1: Ryana Ross Lionel was everybody, come on, come on, Rod Stewart, you can't make it? But can you really say that?
Speaker 7: And then you just last one?
Speaker 1: Harry Justlake.
Speaker 7: He might even be more so than Harry Styles, which Harry Styles has you know that it has been dominating relative of mine, not in my immediate family, big fan.
Speaker 5: It's a female anyways.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so I think everybody ease up.
Speaker 1: But I think both of those pretty good. Because Peter Gabriel he wasn't He wasn't as successful as he was in Weird Genesis before they became Weird Genesis. You know, Poppy and could have hit. He was in Weird Geness.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 1: Collins just played drums. He was in he was in Weird genis BET's favorite fergie?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Uh here we go. Uh Tom Petty don't count that. That's Tom Petty doesn't count. He was Yeah, he he only did like what he did like one or two. He won sole album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then went back. You know that's just a side project.
Speaker 1: Uh, Beyonce, Hey, thank you, Hey, Bird by the way, Sting by the way, affinitely I am anti Sting. I like the police. Thinks I'm an anti Sting. Speed he made him. He's got bo I think I think I'd rather listen to Jimmy Buffet and the Sting.
Speaker 2: I didn't like the police, the police.
Speaker 7: I like the police, like them.
Speaker 1: I think that is just something about the way they sounded. Always sounds like he's trying to sing higher than he really can. Every time I hear he's at the top of his register, for sure the whole time.
Speaker 2: What about O D B.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know who that is?
Speaker 5: Old dirty.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're not well known, pretty popular, same vein, I ask you, Oh are you over here in like gangster rap?
Speaker 1: Now we're just saying artist like everybody?
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, at least to Simon.
Speaker 2: That's a good man. He ever reached the band though, of the band that he left, but David Lee Roth did have some One day.
Speaker 1: He was in an exit guy that was in a very successful band that had a fairly successful Uh solo career. All right, here we go, hey, Bird Chamber, Darius Rutger. That's true, hoody, he changed the style of music. So what about cell country.
Speaker 2: That's different.
Speaker 7: That's not different.
Speaker 2: Different, that's not different, different, different. Can't compare them. Two different things, two different trying to win. They tried to win in two different leagues. That's they didn't stay in the same Do.
Speaker 1: You regret coming in today?
Speaker 15: Huh?
Speaker 1: Don Henley off tax Nation, Yeah, Don Henley, that's a good one, by the way, you want to go that f well, No, but and I know this for a fact. Oh I know, she knows. I'm a bit of a fan. But the Don Henley, when they all did their solo stuff, his was by far the most successful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no doubt.
Speaker 1: He had multiple albums. He did well, he did didn't like pretty Lunder. Yeah, he's still a Joseph Summer written by Mike Campbell.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 7: Michael McDonald, you'll don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey boy, you really do that good? So really unfortunately he heard me doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: You can make it fun of him, offered.
Speaker 7: People don't like to get made fun of.
Speaker 1: Why don't you do You'll do it to doctor.
Speaker 10: Dre this is the Rick Burgess Show. Call or text the show at what eight eight eight six big bucks.
Speaker 1: Let's go unscreen phone calls. Light it up, America, Light it up, Light it up, Light it up. The number eight eight eight, the number six, Big box. All right, thanks to the Box Seeks today, y'all have been nothing but a pleasure. Thank you so much for your finess and your encouragement today. Also, let me let all of you know so as soon as the live show ends, I'll be running into the running into the office to be on with Glenn Beck to talk about Men Don't Run in the Rain, the brand new book. If you want to sign copy, you need to use the links at Themanchurch dot com, Rick Burgessshow dot com or Burgessministries dot com.
Speaker 2: That's the only way to get a signed one.
Speaker 1: But even when you click there, there's an option just to get a book or get a sign book. Be sure and see the hyperlink for the sign book. And I'm going to sign more of those today if you're not concerned about that. The book is available everywhere. It's ebook, it's audio, it's on all the different platforms and coming soon to retail a lot of you been asking me about that. Yes, it is going to go to retail probably in the next week to ten days. I'll keep you updated on that. So here's the things you need to know about going into the weekend. Episode two of Strange Encounters, the brand new podcast, will be out this weekend. Also out this weekend another Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold. If you don't have that podcast, we've already done seventeen episodes. Another one coming out this weekend, So thanks to Abder for all his hard work on all of that, So enjoy those this weekend, and also catch up on anything you may have missed on The Rick Burgess Show this week, including the Wednesday Bible study which is also out there. And those of you in Prattville, Alabama, Lord Willing, I'll see you tomorrow at Prattville First Methodist for their big men's event. I'll be speaking about eleven thirty and they will have copies of the book there too, and I'm happy to sign those. So to the phones we go. Hello, Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. You're on unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 30: Yeah, I was calling. I got somebody want to tell Speedy hey.
Speaker 2: Of the Witakers. All right, I just now got it speed.
Speaker 1: What a tough day. Two things today. Speedy's had a tough day, and I've never seen Greg's minions turn on him quite they have over George Straight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what big deal.
Speaker 1: I've never seen Greg take this much heat, have you from his own beat up? I'm not gonna fake it like half of them, or do it like we continue Rick Burgers show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, yea.
Speaker 12: I don't need to take up Mike away from Greg because I don't think he knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 30: When it comes to music.
Speaker 12: Stay with the Backstreet Boys and then sync.
Speaker 2: I would rather than George Straight get mad. I went to George Strake concert one time, but I woke up. I fell asleep in the seat and I've done clean the stage off.
Speaker 1: Everybody was going, Greg, now, you got to watch your He got hurtful. Now when he gets injured, you think he won't go hurtful?
Speaker 2: Second, can't take Rick Burgers show, George?
Speaker 12: Okay, I want to talk about coffee this morning?
Speaker 2: What good? Go ahead?
Speaker 12: Uh So this is coming from a guy, and I know to get real, real, real quick. I had to do for many many years. When I wake up in the morning, I want my master to be the Lord.
Speaker 2: That's that's the way to go.
Speaker 5: That's great, man.
Speaker 12: And And to deal with coffee is you know, do I really want to have something that I need before I have the Lord.
Speaker 5: In the morning?
Speaker 1: Nice, I believe you some slack on coffee.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I mentally he feels like he's relying on coffee more than God.
Speaker 2: He can do that.
Speaker 1: That's right, My goodness, y'all a lot of addictions, Greg, there's no need there's tell me you're not you as being serious, sir. If you're looking at me, you're the worst one. You're the worst one. You actually like right when he's talking you, guys.
Speaker 7: What you said is like the Lord, the lords coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I don't think that you're in any danger. That's a violation. Nothing should be more important than the Lord. That you should need something more than the Lord. That's what he was saying. I know I'm not at all we continue by speaking of that. By the grace of God, we're still on the air. You ready for separating both of you? Separate both of you, Adler. Is there any way you can do your job in here right now, Okay, what about Greg over here with that shot up? Go ahead, You're on the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreened phone calls, go ahead. I don't even know what I love that. I don't know what he says. That's probably right after he just well, never mind. Hello, Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 26: Things that I believed in in my life that have let me down, the tooth ferry, they used to go on his Santa Claus, last year's Crimson tie team and dagging on Greg Burdy.
Speaker 2: So good, last year's Crimson.
Speaker 1: That's real good. Oh that's wait a minute, that's what we're looking for. Hello, Rick Burgess Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 30: Hey guys, I gotta tell you, I don't think that Delco Cooper story is is my favorite one of the day. As a matter of fact, I don't think it's even a solid number two.
Speaker 1: By the way, it wasn't. Hello, Hello to the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 29: I will love him and pet him and called him David from Georgia.
Speaker 1: We continue, unscreen phone calls on The Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, My speedy and.
Speaker 7: I'm done.
Speaker 1: Unscreenphone calls, show, go ahead.
Speaker 26: Hey, speedy, we got an open spot for the Miracle League.
Speaker 11: If you want to come post.
Speaker 1: We're supposed to know where that line is. Hello, Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 26: Okay, two things. When the first guess from the basketball, nobody picked it up, but speed he said, oh, a mother and son trip. There was two guys up there. No I didn't, I said when No, hey, go back, goat No, it was today, Go back and listen, you go mother to son trip.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 26: The second thing is, can you imagine that lady and all that? Can you imagine that lady driving her car to the car wash and it just splattered all up?
Speaker 1: Let me tell what that was.
Speaker 19: It was.
Speaker 22: That the voice the king was ready to throw back the other way.
Speaker 1: I wish I could hit a button like.
Speaker 2: Way over? Did that? No, wonder, Dad was a nice to Uh.
Speaker 1: We'll continue, Hello, Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 30: Hey, can you want us put your old studio one commercial truck.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna do.
Speaker 14: It.
Speaker 2: There's no way, no way.
Speaker 1: We continue with unscreen phone calls. Rick Burgess Show, Go ahead.
Speaker 12: I'm pan down after it does it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna fan down after George Straight does it. We continue, Let's go Hello, Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls Go ahead.
Speaker 26: Greg, I'm replashing your tattoo on my left.
Speaker 13: But chick, Now, you.
Speaker 1: Never seen him upset. His menis like this. I just didn't picture them being that big, George raight, you didn't picture people who love you, George Straight, who are tone deaf?
Speaker 2: Now you forgot? You got Glenn back in five minutes. I don't dislike him as a person. I just think his songs are born.
Speaker 7: It was over the line when you call him George.
Speaker 1: K Okay, I don't need that was over the line.
Speaker 13: That was over the line.
Speaker 1: You see, Adam thinks he's got you in trouble right now, and he's just celebrating. Thanks you for granted, Thanks for being with us. Have a great weekend, Lord Willing, We'll see you Monday if we all still have a job.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show.