Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central from the most trusted journalists. At Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: It's America's holy source for news. It's the Daily Too with your host Dursley light It get Runny.
Speaker 3: Joe Lane, all right, Ja, that's right, and then you get your hosts, and that means two times the fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like a lot of work. How about we used to have half as much fun as usual and then we combine it for just a normal amount of.
Speaker 4: Fund Oh yeah, that sounds easier. Let's do that.
Speaker 1: Great. So let's get right into the headlines. Let's get things off with some big Swartz news. Last night, the Boston Celtics won the NBA Championship. That's what, Yeah, all right. Now they have a record number of championships eighteen, which is one more than the Lakers and somehow twenty five more than the Clippers. And now they're ready to celebrate with the city of Boston. But first they're going somewhere fun.
Speaker 5: According to the Boston Globe, before the Celtics return to Boston, they will first spend a few days celebrating their win Miami.
Speaker 6: They plan to return to Boston on Friday.
Speaker 1: Of course, the Celtics are all going to celebrate Miami. I mean, you gotta go to where the butts are, and Boston doesn't have any good butts, even though they have a ton of assholes. I mean, how do people in Boston celebrate anything. Come on, let's party with Clanchata, Matt wabber House, Ronnie.
Speaker 4: You know it would be so funny as if you did that joke with the Boston accent. But let's move on to the election. We've been talking a lot about President Biden and Donald Trump, but the president isn't the only elected official who can ruin your life. There are hundreds of people all over the country who are coming for you.
Speaker 1: So let's take a look at some of these promising young stars and a special edition of Indecision in twenty twenty four going down on the ballot. Let's kick things off in Minnesota, where Republicans have endorsed Royce White to run against Democratic scienceor Amy Klobachaid in November, and he's already turning the race into an episode of Jerry Springer.
Speaker 6: White has been mired in controversial revelations, including failure to pay child support, referring to women as mauthy and at one time identifying himself as an anti Semite on social media. And then there are the questionable campaign expenditures in twenty twenty two when he ran for Congress, including twelve hundred dollars at a Florida's strip club.
Speaker 1: I'm not paying child support to women because I'm spending it at a strip club. I mean, talk about red flag. Bingo even calls himself the anti semi on social media, although to be fed to him declaring you an anti semi is how you have to log into Twitter. Now that's new. That's a new capture.
Speaker 7: By the way.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you're wondering about the accusation that Royce spent campaign funds at a strip club, listen, he has a very clear explanation for this.
Speaker 8: It was recently revealed you spent campaign donations at a strip club. Is that true?
Speaker 9: That's not true. Okay, it was a reference to a campaign filing the FBC that was not done properly.
Speaker 8: Your claim is there were filings which said you spent campaign funds at a strip club, but they were.
Speaker 9: In No, No, they didn't say that I spent the funds at a strip club. Or no, let's say they didn't say that I spent the funds on strippers.
Speaker 8: Is spent at a stript club.
Speaker 9: Well, strip club, as they sell food at the strip club, don't say.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if this helps his case. Minnesota needs a senator who makes good decisions, So vote for me, the guy who goes to a strip club to eat shrimp and look, I'm sorry for interrupting him. Okay, I mean, I mean, you are busy explaining how you don't know anything about strip clubs.
Speaker 8: You've spent the money on food at a strip club. Is that more accurate?
Speaker 9: You seem to be very unfamiliar with strippers and strip clubs and drag strip shows, so i'll i'll inform you maybe aren't informed that they do have food at strip clubs.
Speaker 8: So what you're saying is the money was.
Speaker 1: Wait did you know that though? Did you know that I know strip clubs? Have you ever been to a strip club one time?
Speaker 9: Did you like the food?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 9: You got to go to better strip clubs.
Speaker 1: Okay. Wow, this guy went really quick from not knowing anything about strip clubs to being a strip club expert. Right, I don't know how about that place, but go to the second floor askhol curachs. Okay, she take you to the champagne room and behind that is the real VIP room code two six six four. Tell them you want the Royce White Special to know what you need.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why this guy's trying really hot not to violate campaign finance love, but also wants to be very clear that he knows his way around strip clubs.
Speaker 4: Right, which is fine, no judgment. Just say you use the wrong credit card. It wouldn't be the worst accidental insertion in a strip club. This guy's got way more problems than that.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 4: And I don't want to sound mauthy, but.
Speaker 1: Enough is enough.
Speaker 4: Someone needs to call this guy out for his offensive wine hat. Okay, unacceptable. That is for white women only. My culture is not your costume, asshole. Let's move on her race in Missouri, where a candidate for local office is getting the word out for the best way that young people know how by shit posting.
Speaker 2: Valentina game as, a Missouri Republican running for Secretary of State has triggered liberals with her paining videos like this one.
Speaker 11: It could be anything you want, Brittany Griner, she'ld be running in a Russian person not going to the Olympics. Kaitlin Clark is the only reason why we even watched women's basketball. She deserves to go to the Olympics, only this patriotical lesbian.
Speaker 4: I love that she's super into women's basketball, but she's angry that there's a lesbian in the WNBA. Is someone going to tell her she's not just planning to get gays out of women's sports, she's also deeply committed to getting them out of your library books.
Speaker 11: This is what I will do to the groom books when I become Secretary of States.
Speaker 6: Let's go these books the reposed library.
Speaker 7: When I'm not, they will burn.
Speaker 4: Jesus a flamethrower.
Speaker 1: Take it easy.
Speaker 4: This is a book burning, not a gender reveal party. And what's wrong with the match was she worried that if she got too close the books would turn her gay. Just to remind you, she's running for Missouri Secretary of State. Typically not a job where you choose who goes to the Olympics or set fire to anything.
Speaker 1: But enough of these mean human clip bay candidates. Okay, whatever happened to people with substantive, common sense legislative ideas like congressional candidate from Florida, James Judge now put.
Speaker 2: Fourth legislation on President Trump's first day in office to suspend the rate of habeas corpus. This will give President Trump the authority to arrest and imprison the treat and its officials and sub versus.
Speaker 1: Wow, a pretty casual call for the end of democracy there. I mean, you can't demand a suspension of due process in the same tone of voice you used to announce that someone's toyota has the lights on in the popular I mean this, honestly, it kind of makes you appreciate Trump even more because at least he's got some showmanship. I mean, he's out there shouting on a big stage. He's waving his hands around like an alpha Chim Benzie to get you rowed up. You know, this guy looked like he interrupted a wedding reception. Someone's going to come up after him, Like, Okay, thanks for that, James. If we could keep the speeches about Brad and Mary, that would be great. For more on these.
Speaker 4: Down ballot races and what they say about the state of American democracy. We go live to Josh Johnson, Good, why are there so many out there candidates in this election cycle.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'll tell you why we made our democracy too democratic? All right, anyone thinks they can run for office just because the constitution says.
Speaker 1: So, Josh, But the constitution does say so. Come on, The founding father said that. But they didn't mean it. You know.
Speaker 5: They were talking about guys named George or Tom, not everybody, not like either of you, you know, and definitely not me. Oh, they'd be mad.
Speaker 1: Wait, Josh, so you think we should prevent people from running for office.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds like you're saying that we need less democracy.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not saying that.
Speaker 5: I'm saying we should bring back all the old offices that America used to have for these people.
Speaker 1: Like village idiot.
Speaker 5: If you fight a book with a flamethrower, you were qualified for that office. Books are an idiot's natural enemy, and idiots love fire. There's play of old jobs like lighthouse keeper or snake oil salesman, or the guy who screams hear ye, hear ye, or the dude at a saloon who spits in a bucket and makes that petue sound.
Speaker 1: Josh, I think that's only in westerns.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no way that you can find an office for every one of these people.
Speaker 1: Watch me, Like, remember that strip club god, Royce White.
Speaker 5: He could be the town adulterys, you know, the person who wears an a on their clothes.
Speaker 1: Everybody knew they liked to Royce White is super qualified.
Speaker 5: My man is clearly spending campaign funds at the strip club. He took the most boring money in the economy and used it for over the pants stuff.
Speaker 1: The point is we'll find jobs.
Speaker 5: For the crazy people, then the serious jobs can go to the series politicians.
Speaker 4: And how are we defining who's crazy and who's serious.
Speaker 1: Oh that's easy.
Speaker 5: The crazy politicians will be ranting about space lad and the serious politicians will be on the Epstein list.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, it makes sense to me. J Just Johnson, Everyone, welcome back. We have a special interview of Nathan Wade. You don't want to miss it.
Speaker 3: Welcome back from the Daily Show.
Speaker 4: But now we're all familiar with Nathan Wade, the special prosecutor on the Trump election interference case. He had to step down when it was revealed that he had a secret relationship with the District Attorney Fannie Willis.
Speaker 1: Lots of people have been wondering how they could have been so reckless with such an important trial. So we had our friend Marlon Wayan send his friend Kwan to sit down with Nathan Wade and figure out just what the hell he was thinking.
Speaker 10: Yo, what's up? Welcome to chopping it up with kwann Uh.
Speaker 12: This is me. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: I'm a real given the real questions that the real people want to know. Here today I got my man Nathan Wade looking smooth. What was your first thought when you had the affair with Fani come public between you and her?
Speaker 13: I don't label it an affair.
Speaker 12: White or d A.
Speaker 13: Willis is a respectable mother, a brilliant legal mind. We spent countless hours preparing this case, investigating this.
Speaker 10: I see, I happened countless hours and I need a foot.
Speaker 12: Rub and you know what I mean, your foot.
Speaker 10: He let me give you massage and all of a sudden, pump me up on this desk.
Speaker 12: Man, No, not liked it?
Speaker 10: You or you liked it?
Speaker 13: Well, that's a great question, right. So during the course of the investigation, we would meet early warnings, weekends, spend full days.
Speaker 10: How can you not hit that? So we spending that much time together. We're doing everything we might as well well. In terms of workplace romantic. How many places have you worked? I probably worked like three or four places, and everywhere I went it was a messing. Well you know, so she a boss, So you on that, and decent proponents you on that? Give me give me what's that white girl name that married to the dude from die Hard?
Speaker 13: So that's a common misconception. Disclosure on that disclosure ship. No, that's a common misconception. She's not my boss. She's never been my boss too, right, she ain't he to you? No, I was a contract attorney. She's more analogous to a client to me.
Speaker 10: So she say she was a client. Yes, you served her wealth.
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 13: I did my job, and let's talk about some of the successes I did while I was.
Speaker 10: I think we talked the job.
Speaker 13: Now we didn't. We're talking about securing an indictment, talking about getting people to interplease.
Speaker 10: In please in the police.
Speaker 13: We're talking about other jurisdictions even following suit.
Speaker 10: So let me ask you. When old girl was like, hey, babe, you want to be in charge of this prosecution of the president of the United States who did this insurrection. Did you think like this could get messy? Or you was like, nah, I'll.
Speaker 14: Be all right.
Speaker 13: We did not have that type of relationship at the at the outset, and we were interviewing other people for the position. It was only the position.
Speaker 10: Or did that position look like this?
Speaker 6: So no.
Speaker 10: Afterway resigned as special prosecutor, Trump's law dogs still try to use their relationship to get the case thrown out. They compelled his ass to testify and grilled this hall.
Speaker 7: Did you go to a cabin with miss Willis?
Speaker 6: Ever?
Speaker 10: Both a homie had answers?
Speaker 7: Ever Ever, now he's another booking a cabin? I put lots of cabinis my questions?
Speaker 15: You booking all these captains?
Speaker 10: So so how many district attorneys you be smashing in the cabinets?
Speaker 6: Zero?
Speaker 10: Is it Airbnb or verbal? Will you be getting all these cabins from? That's what my people want to know.
Speaker 12: Where do I get them?
Speaker 10: Alright?
Speaker 12: Alright?
Speaker 10: So some people saying this ordeal might have ruined the best chance to hold Trump accountable for trying to end democracy? Now, what would you say to all the haters out there who can't get laid?
Speaker 13: Well, I don't know what the haters are thinking. But what I will say is, under my leadership, we successfully secured a valid legal indictment, the charging document.
Speaker 10: All right, young black men need to roll mod what's your advice the kids in the hood that's out there that want to grow up and have they dick potentially in democracy.
Speaker 12: That's some legalm shitting, dass leap we're talking, we're talking about.
Speaker 13: I don't know that I have advice for any young black men to have workplace romances. What I do have advice for young black men, it's simply this. You can do whatever you put your mind to. I am a black father, was a black husband. I took care of my family. I took care of my children. My children are young adults. Now Black fathers are positive and I take pride in being a black man.
Speaker 10: That's a T shirt. I'm gonna put that shit on a T shirt, selling them on the corner at the hall them. You know what, the money you make, we seem like a free spirited man.
Speaker 12: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: How many Diddy parties.
Speaker 6: You want to?
Speaker 9: Nothing?
Speaker 13: How many did you go to?
Speaker 12: I went to several, but I left early.
Speaker 10: This thing about me, I want to thank you for sitting down with me and answering the real questions for me and my people, all the hundreds or possibly billions of cowd fans out there, It's been a pleasure. Appreciate you, my man, for real.
Speaker 1: He hit it, he hit it, he did it. Thank you, com When.
Speaker 4: We come back, Rosalind Show will be joining us on your film together.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back to Heavy Show. Our guest tonight is an accomplished actor in film, television, and theater who currently starts in the hit Netflix series Three Body Problem. Please welcome rollin show. Yes, the show trying to get you on the show forever.
Speaker 4: We're well so excited to have you on. I don't know if you know this, but Ronnie is only interested in having Asian guests on, and I only am interested in having women on the show. So you're the only guy we get it.
Speaker 16: Reg Ty.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I've been watching you. Ever loved you. I've been watching you.
Speaker 16: Careful, I've been watching I have so much blackmail on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've been talking. We've been talking a while now, So Ross. I saw her enjoy Luck Club and love that movie. What a classic American movie. The only movie I can watch with my mom really, we both enjoy it just as much. And so when I moved to America, I think I remember how I reached out to you.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you reached out to me first about food recommendations in New Zealand, New Zealand, and you didn't use any of mine.
Speaker 1: We have different tastes in food.
Speaker 16: I realize, Yeah, you like sausages and like really greasy?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 1: And then you said, this is slander. I'm known for good food.
Speaker 7: I know you sent me.
Speaker 1: The list you sent me.
Speaker 16: I looked through my text you sent me your list four times. I have not liked a single.
Speaker 7: Way that way.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm sensing some conflict in this friendship.
Speaker 16: Yeah, our taste. And then the place I took you to when I went back, you said, really you went back there again in Chelsey?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well okay, anyway, yeah, okay, all right. Because I reached out to you on Instagram, I was like, oh, Ro's big fan of yours and enjoy love Club. And then you came back and you called me and you said, why don't you have an American actor?
Speaker 7: I didn't say it that way?
Speaker 1: You said, I did not say that. Well, me back and you said, Ronnie, you know you can okay, you tell me what you told me. I'll tell you what I don't. You called me to say about my accent?
Speaker 16: No, no, because you asked me about this. The accent coaches I used on three body problems, and I said, Ronnie, you really should try because you could be a movie star.
Speaker 1: You could play. Oh I'm sorry. Oh you know this I forgot. I kind of already forgot.
Speaker 5: To get the.
Speaker 10: Forgot.
Speaker 16: I was okaying it here.
Speaker 1: He could be a box office star. So we very Asian. I know you're hosting a daily show. You know you could be.
Speaker 16: This was before hosting the daily show. Remember I said you should be one of the hosts of the daily show.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 17: All right, okay, so you embarrassing me from worry.
Speaker 4: Keep going, keep going, bring.
Speaker 1: Out the black man.
Speaker 16: And then if we worked on the accent a little bit. I turned you on to these accent coaches. You never called them, and you wanted a freebie, and now you wanted it free from me. And so he would record himself saying I hate myself. I hate myself, over and over over text, all different versions of it, southern.
Speaker 1: Not just that, not just I hate myself. I also said make America great again, so great. My American accent has it improved?
Speaker 16: I heard a couple of missteps earlier.
Speaker 4: That's what the Boston accent is.
Speaker 14: But the Boston accent is killing killing. Oh god, here's here's my American accent. I hate myself. I hate myself.
Speaker 16: You're back to the feet version of yourself.
Speaker 1: It's very feminine. Okay, well me coats me. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. Well, I hate myself better better? Yeah, there you got there. You go, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 17: I'm just mentioning him. Feel good, thank you for all the encouragement.
Speaker 1: Never up.
Speaker 17: Okay, let's talk about your.
Speaker 12: What is?
Speaker 1: What are you? What are you trying to promote? Now? Just go right. He's mad at me. I just talked in caps. Yes, that's the other thing.
Speaker 16: His texts are all cats, and it's very stressful when you get it Roslin.
Speaker 1: All caps, palpitation, palpitations.
Speaker 16: And then also the other thing that happens is once he starts texting, he doesn't stop.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's incess Stop bonding, bonding, Stop bonding? What is? What? What?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 16: Wellbody body problem?
Speaker 1: On Netflix Love it you love it.
Speaker 16: I watched you watching the clip and you had a big grin on your phone.
Speaker 1: Love and he loves the retap great. It is so much, so much, I know.
Speaker 4: There are so many incredible twists and turns. Are at the edge of your seat the entire time when you're watching it. How would you describe the show to someone who hasn't seen it without spoilers.
Speaker 16: If you haven't seen it yet, that's very disappointed in you, and I might ruin it for you, but you're still gonna have to watch it. So it's about Ronnie, I can tell. I can feel you judging me. O, can you do it?
Speaker 1: What you do? No? In my head, I'm just thinking, wow, you are such an Asian mom. You're literally told audience are disappointed in them, we're not watching your program.
Speaker 17: I was like, yeah, please describe, all right, but don't judge me.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 16: So it's what happens, and you can interrupt if you don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, will it's what happened. It's what happens.
Speaker 16: So basically, my character makes a decision early in her life that changes the course of humanity, and the decision is made through trauma, extreme trauma. AM I allowed to say what the trauma.
Speaker 1: Is or we have not ted surrenders. You can talk about anyone. But you took a sip.
Speaker 16: So I thought that was a judgment.
Speaker 4: Okay, So no, I think you can do.
Speaker 1: My mom literally criticizes everything. See that's judgment. My drinking water accent? Okay? Is this American? Enough?
Speaker 4: Can you drink and say I hate my.
Speaker 1: Tell people about The.
Speaker 16: Three Boding Problem if you haven't watched it yet, is about basically what happens when someone makes a decision stop breathing so heavyly you do break vary you're.
Speaker 1: Breathing, I can feel you like okay.
Speaker 16: So basically, my character makes a decision early in her life that changes the course of humanity, and it starts.
Speaker 1: A whole stop.
Speaker 16: It starts a whole sequence of events that involves people from Oxford, this young group of people from Oxford, and involves basically bringing an.
Speaker 1: End to life as we know it. Let's put it that.
Speaker 4: It's a like comedy.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 16: It's not sci fi. I'm so not into sci fi. And this is really about how people react under extreme circumstances, which we are enduring right now.
Speaker 4: Right I mean it does feel that way.
Speaker 1: It feels like behavior self. Yeah, we have a three body problem right here. But I want for you to talk about it because I love the project too. It's based on a book. Yes, I'm sorry. For like eight years now, people have been telling white people have been telling me to read this book. And when people tell you to read a book, you go whatever, I'll read it when I'm dead or whatever. And then and then last year, I finally, because you were you will announce that you're in the project. I was like, oh, I love ros I want to see what this is about. So I started reading the first book of three first eight first okay, okay, keep going, correcting my pronounce. I'm trying to plug your stuff right now. You stop. And then I read the first of three books and I couldn't stop reading it. I finished all three in like a month because it was like, I don't say it's lightly. It's probably one of the best books I ever read in my life.
Speaker 16: Yeah you you remembered every detail and you remember telling you about it. Yes, well, because I read the first one. I still haven't finished two and three. Okay, okay, but.
Speaker 1: Your media rookie, don't you don't read the project, so yeah, about you.
Speaker 16: But he Ronnie remembered every detail of the books and was texting me parallels of each item in all caps. But you you forgot some major storyline points. And I went back and I said, Ronnie, you need to watch it again. So you watched it twice, right, yeah, yes, yeah, and now you get it.
Speaker 1: It took you a while. It is.
Speaker 4: It's fascinating and it's a little dark, you know, it does feel like are we potentially getting a glimpse into our extremely dark apocalyptic future. But at the end of the day, underneath and all, it feels like it's really about humanity and what human beings do in times of crisis.
Speaker 16: Exactly see why couldn't you said that? No, but that's exactly true. And there's a love story intertwined. There's a mother daughter relationship that if I start to talk about it right now, I might get a little for climped. But yes, there's there's so much drama, so many surprises in there that if you had watched you would know about it.
Speaker 1: It deals with a lot of big concepts and concept environment, you know, and people are going to say, people are going to think I'm saying this to be all woke, bewoke or whatever. But like I when I read the book, it most mostly I didn't realize that all the sci fi I've watched and read my whole life has come from Westerners, because I don't even associate sci fi as the Eastern or Western thing. I just think of sci fi as sci fi. But I didn't realize it was all. Everything I've ever consumed from sci fi is from Western point of view, and the Western point of view is very individual hero is going to save the day, right, And this was like, Oh, no, one's going to say they were all in this together. Yes, you know, and it takes that.
Speaker 16: It's it's global, so it basically it takes place around the world. It's not one country or another country against another. We all are joining together to save humanity.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 4: So well, I'm sure, I'm sure you deeply regret coming on me.
Speaker 1: I love that you did.
Speaker 4: I so appreciate you here.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Ronn se Rolin and three Body Problem and Sweet Tooth, both are streaming on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Roslin show.
Speaker 15: Where anything Right, That's all show you.
Speaker 5: I'm eighteen time champion Boston Celtics fand John Berman and the breaking news.
Speaker 10: We are popping the CNN New Central Candy Champagne better.
Speaker 1: Hope this doesn't explode. Can you see this here?
Speaker 5: We can see We can see you, John see what's Everyone can see you.
Speaker 1: Chips.
Speaker 2: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten Central Oncommon Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount plus.
Speaker 7: Paramount Podcasts.
Speaker 9: Yeah