Speaker 1: So we're doing one forty one. Yes, you're just busy on your phone all you do. I'm curious who's on your phone.
Speaker 2: I was just looking at calculating for a quick second.
Speaker 1: What was on Instagram?
Speaker 2: Just different?
Speaker 1: You're looking at serial Killers PC on Instagram? No, No, what were you doing looking at dogs?
Speaker 2: I wasn't sure if we were going to record another one because we're recording so far in advance, and I talked to you about this and told you that we could always record next week as well.
Speaker 1: Because this is all behind the scenes stuff. Nobody needs to know anything about this. Nobody cares. They just want to hear an awesome serial Killers podcast. So here we go, and this request from Heather wants to hear the opener that is the ominous serial Killers theme.
Speaker 2: This is serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Just let me know when you're done on the phone, and I'll stop the music.
Speaker 2: From you can keep talking, because then you're going to go into what episode is this? Oh, it's episode one forty one of serial Killers. Welcome to Friday. It's Friday, September eleventh. Welcome to another episode of serial Killers. How does that sound sound? Exactly like how you would.
Speaker 1: Say it yesterday?
Speaker 2: Is fine, Scotty Bee. That's answer to my ride.
Speaker 1: You know, these last couple episodes just we've been like, I don't like the way that we've been getting along. I want to be friends with you. You're my friend, you're my buddy. I want to be friendly with you.
Speaker 2: You're taking it way too seriously.
Speaker 1: It is Friday, September eleventh. This is Serial Killers, Episode one forty one, and let's just go great. I don't know what I'm going to title this one. You know, I always have to come up with like clever little titles. Yeah, you'd never like them. No, I mean, you're you're so funny. I'm not trying to be funny. You know, you're welcome to change them. I send you the title and.
Speaker 2: The story helps me out because I just copy and paste.
Speaker 1: Because you're so lazy and you don't want to do anything.
Speaker 2: You're so lazy and you don't want to do anything. Can't we just be friends? I didn't making friend of you, but you're an idiot and am leendia on your phone?
Speaker 1: Ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah, been ready born, ready, all right?
Speaker 1: I can see stop looking at please stop looking at myself.
Speaker 2: There's a nature's valley.
Speaker 1: Not doing it First of all, there is no Nature's valley. There's no Nature's valley cereals path, it's granola and that's not it. All right, stop looking? Please stop looking. You actually ruined the fun for me when you do that. Do you really want me to actually put it in a sack so you can't see it?
Speaker 2: Just stopped your foot.
Speaker 1: You're so mad because it just makes me mad. I like to surprise you with things and you want to cheat. You're like my kids. You have to know everything and cheat before you get to see it. Why are you done yet? Can we get to eating the cereal now? Why can't you just wait to me eat the cereal now? I'm gonna start off with the Wegmans because great just need to get it.
Speaker 2: Out of the way, which has trains in the story.
Speaker 1: Yes, just got to get it out of the way because going down to the cereal stack, because that's really all It is stacked here and you can look at it.
Speaker 2: So I'm going down to the cereal and we're looking at Scotty's crack.
Speaker 1: This is the last in the series of Wegman cereals that our listener Molly sent us. Remember you too, can send us a cereal, and if we eat it on the show, we'll send you a cool serial Killer's T shirt. You know, on that other podcast at Brooklyn Boys one, you have to buy their stuff. We love our listeners, so we send it to you for free. We just ask for a box of cereal, that's all.
Speaker 2: And you wonder why we're both broke.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean here, you want this?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Oh there was a Brooklyn Boys mask that they left here, but yeah, because they have masks also, I want serial Killers masks.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, why don't we try and figure out who to talk to?
Speaker 1: Did I ever tell you what Cooper said that we should do?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Cooper told me that we should get a jankity, old creepy van and paint it yellow and paint serial Killers on the side of it, and we should drive around parks and throw cereal out the windows. Not boxes, but just handfuls of cereal at kids. That's what she thinks that we should do. Every time we see like a creepy old eighties van, she's like, that would be a perfect Serial Killers van. We should buy it and paint it. How much do you think it is?
Speaker 2: Like one hundred dollars that's terrifying. I never want that to be my life.
Speaker 1: But what makes her think of these things?
Speaker 2: Because that's your daughter. You share one brain.
Speaker 1: By the way, she's very upset because she has braces now and she's not eating anything.
Speaker 2: Braces were a dark spot in my life.
Speaker 1: I can picture you with braces. Please bring me a picture.
Speaker 2: I have them still. When they take your braces off, they give them to you in a box.
Speaker 1: Isn't that a retainer?
Speaker 2: No, I have my braces.
Speaker 1: What orthodotis gives you the braces?
Speaker 2: Doctor Hawk.
Speaker 1: Okay, sounds like a hack to me.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take a picture of my braces and send them to you. I had the ones that they said were clear. They were not clear because we're from eating stuff. Yeah, it wasn't great. So then they turn like a weird yellow each.
Speaker 1: That's why we won't let Cooper get the clear ones, because they worked.
Speaker 2: If you are diligent about brushing your teeth every day, which I am, then they don't turn too yellow.
Speaker 1: They're good for adults, I don't think. Yeah, and Cooper has the little pink rubber bands on them. Oh see rubber bands. No, not those big ones that attach in the back, the little things that just go around the brace. Yeah, I guess the rubber bands.
Speaker 2: How long do they think that she has to wear the braces form?
Speaker 1: Really, she's only got top ones right now. Much she's gonna need bottom ones in the whole nine yards because she still has baby teeth.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, she's so young to get braces.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I don't want to get into the whole thing, but it's because there's a tooth in the back. There's no room for it to come in, so they're spacing the mountain. Blah blah blah. All right, So Wagman's Berry corn crunch this is fake Captain crunch great? Yeah, Berry? Why am I? Why am I having a brain for runchberry crunchberry cereal? Thank you very much. Andrew usually would say on this box, like compared to cap'n Crunch crunchberries, But it doesn't say.
Speaker 2: That because they know it's probably not good.
Speaker 1: But it looks just like it smells like it looks like it. I'm actually kind of surprised that a store brand like Wegmans, for instance, would go so deep as to make crunchberry cereal. I mean, I get like the run of the mill regular Rice, Crispy's Chris Brice or whatever they would call them, and you know, the loops of fruit or you know, but like crunchberries. That's that's deep, you know it is.
Speaker 2: It's deep in their cereal vault for a store brand. Guys are bood?
Speaker 1: You like that song? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Remember when we could have people on this pott.
Speaker 1: Oh, hey, what's up? Greg? By the way, poop McGee. You think he's listening?
Speaker 2: Can I have a spoon? Thanks? He's one hundred percent listening. I like this.
Speaker 1: You know, he always likes our pictures and stuff. I want to know if he's actually listening. So, Greg, if you're listening, I would like you to comment on this picture that's posted and just say crunchberry. That's the code word crunchberry.
Speaker 2: Oh is this one of the subliminal messages you said you put in these episodes for me that you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Greg, hashtag crunchberry under this picture. Oh you? Oh? Sorry? Go ahead? You can eat.
Speaker 2: At crunchberry.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's a lot sweeter though, is that possible?
Speaker 2: I don't know when the last time you had crunchberries were They're very sweet?
Speaker 1: Hold on while I go back to the Cereal vaults.
Speaker 2: Don't. I don't want to eat stale crunchberries. You can't take out the x l ones.
Speaker 1: Well, they've been here so long, they've shrunk here.
Speaker 2: Oh god, oh my gees, why are you laughing? Manighacally, there's saggy. That's the only way to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love giving you stale cereal. It could be my favorite thing from now on. Every episode you get a handful of stale.
Speaker 2: They're soggy. You are giving me like probably mold infested cereal.
Speaker 1: They don't get molded, they just get soggy.
Speaker 2: I have to say this is a five bowler for me.
Speaker 1: Well, you were a big crunchberry.
Speaker 2: I love crunchberries.
Speaker 1: Three bowls in a spoon just because I don't love Look, I don't love the cap'n. He's a good guy, but I don't love him. That's fine, you know. I'll have one more bite though.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the two ten podcasts. Did you open up that envelope yet? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Would you like to move on to the news cereal? Now, Andrew, we.
Speaker 2: Didn't you gave it three bowls in a spoon? I gave it five balls?
Speaker 1: Yep? Great? Did I give it three balls? In a spoon. I don't remember. I'm gonna have to listen back. That's how I know. You gave it.
Speaker 2: Three balls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, three balls in a spoon. Three balls in a spoon, right, yeah, so we'll go new Yeah. This is also sent to us by a listener. Thank you listeners.
Speaker 2: Great love it the cereal stack.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, this is not from a listener. I bought this, Okay, I was looking everywhere for the name, but I remember I got this at chop right. Oh, it has another thing on the back, a madlib.
Speaker 2: It wasn't funny the first time I listened back to that episode and was not a fan of it.
Speaker 1: You didn't listen to it. I did. I woke up today feeling happy. I can't believe it's spare tire and I'm going to jump in the middle of Andrew's house. With all this energy, I feel like I could poop with excitement. Super loops. I start every day off right. Each jerk bite tastes so spectacular and powers me up to take on the sunshine. Days like this are super exciting an extra delicious when Andrew's by my side.
Speaker 2: Yay, you're done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just did that on the fly. You like that. Wow your mind Kshi by Kids organic chocolate superloops. They have it in Berry too. We did that a few episodes ago. I know you love your Kashi, but this is Cashi by Kids, so you know it's exciting. Okay, some little kids made this in a lab. They did. Yeah, that's the I just ripped the top.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Those are the kids that made it.
Speaker 2: See he did not make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did. They came up with it. Hey, we're the Kashi crew. We helped make this cereal for real. See it says that they have child labors. Yeah, Hannah and Charlotte and Valentine and Michael and Tabby they made this.
Speaker 2: Okay, good kids, they made this exact box.
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, yeah, my kids could never make cereal. They just want to make TikTok videos. Hey, guys and dance.
Speaker 2: I want to see both of your kids have tiktoks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're the ones that are like dancing in home depot, knocking over light bulbracs because they do the dance and then not paying attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully they haven't done the wop dance.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even know.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just saying you probably should check on your kids if they're doing the album.
Speaker 1: Well, every once in a while I go to Cooper's TikTok and I'm like, dude, you cannot play that song. Do you hear what he's saying?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: What Dad? Really? Oh no, I'm in for it, man, I am in for it. Oh what am I doing? Oh? Pour the milk?
Speaker 2: Your brain is farting like it really is.
Speaker 1: Between the age and the weight. I mean, I'm just I'm a mess.
Speaker 2: This is middle aged Scottie talking.
Speaker 1: Ready they look like chocolate cheerios. No, Andrew, not my chocolate cheerio. Chocolate cheerios.
Speaker 2: Okay, ready, yeah.
Speaker 1: No for you.
Speaker 2: I've never liked this short of cereal, but like.
Speaker 1: Many other of these healthy type cereals, the good when you first put them in your mouth, but moments later they're just okay.
Speaker 2: This gets two balls in a spoon. Not great. Children, You're doing a wonderful job, but it's just not for me.
Speaker 1: I could see children liking this, okay, you know, because they don't have a very refined palate like we do.
Speaker 2: But tell that to the kids on Master Chef Junior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but kids usually just have a simple you know, I like chocolate, and here it's chocolate. So there you go. You know, I'm gonna give it two balls and spoon. The effort is there. Not great, but not bad for a healthy cereal. You see what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Healthy. It tastes Those are air quotes.
Speaker 2: Like and I know this is where you hate everything that I say.
Speaker 1: No, I love what you say. That's why you're here.
Speaker 2: It tastes like when you would get the chocolate ice cream with the wooden spoon. You mean ices, no, no, like the Dixie cup. Yes, yeah, with the wooden spoon. It kind of tastes like the chocolate aftertaste on the wooden spoon. That's the best way I could put it.
Speaker 1: See, it's funny because when I got that, I only ate the vanilla and some vanilla mixed with chocolate. I never ate a full wooden spoonful of just chocolate. Oh yeah, I liked the vanilla better.
Speaker 2: It was always great because in grammar school, whenever it was someone's birthday, you could walk around to different classrooms and offer them up treats, and it was always good because like Dixie cups, where they were it.
Speaker 1: That doesn't happen anymore. You're not allowed to bring anything from home. Nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can imagine. So it was always great because whenever it was someone's birthday, it would be like, Oh, someone brought in Dunkin Donuts for the class.
Speaker 1: I'll allowing you to say that because back then it was dunkin Donuts. Not anymore. But by now, let's see, it's Friday. School has been open for one, two or three.
Speaker 2: And now they're definitely not doing it because of the pandemic.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well, I mean today might be the last day of in school learning. We'll see, we'll see how I had a good week. Run Yeah? Not even all right? Uh are we done?
Speaker 2: No? You still said we had one more cereal?
Speaker 1: Oh you want to do another one?
Speaker 2: Sure, I'm here for three unless you don't want to. No, we can What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Nothing? I just you know, in my next life, I'm going to organize these little sound things better because I wish.
Speaker 2: There was a folder for you to put them in.
Speaker 1: It doesn't work that way. A thing.
Speaker 2: I wish there was a folder. Play this Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: But you know, we haven't done in a long time a listener request. Okay, because now they just send them to us. So I guess technically that is a request. Yeah, so next time I'll play that. All right, let me go down and get the bonus. Stop looking at my cereal stack.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I hate looking your crack.
Speaker 1: So don't. Why do your eyes automatically go to me when I've been you are standing in front of me and you're Andrew, You're such a pin your eyes go right to my buttthowks.
Speaker 2: No, yes, I'm staring at you while we're doing the podcast, and all of a sudden you'll be like, all right, I got a head down.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something more than.
Speaker 2: Two seconds your cracks in my face.
Speaker 1: So one time that you should be on your phone is when I bend down to the cereal seting now one, that's what I'm doing now. I'm not gonna like this one. This is a cereal that would not be allowed in my house. And why is that? Andrew?
Speaker 2: Because it's healthy? No, because it's granola.
Speaker 1: What flavor is not allowed in my house? Very good? It's from nature's path and it is sunrise crunchy maple. Okay, and check out that mascot. Oh I love those strawberries. Yeah, four grams of five or fourteen grams of whole grains for serving, always organic. And they have the picture of that corn that's like the multicolored corn that you only see around Thanksgiving time in the corn coopia. Yes, and it's a delicious medley of corn, rice, kinwha, flax, buckwheat, and amoranth. A lot of these cereals are using amaranth. I need to do some research because I don't know what amaranth is.
Speaker 2: You said there were flakes in there.
Speaker 1: Yes, there are some flakes.
Speaker 2: The way you said flakes is actually really funny. When you go back, you really edit this flax.
Speaker 1: No, there's flax. Oh my god, wouldn't just know that's a good one. No, I feel like you should. All right, so let's do a little scotti shake here. I'm not gonna Oh that's loud. That's crunchy. Cereally, it almost sounds like there's no bag inside.
Speaker 2: So is there corn in this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? There's corn. When did I eat corn?
Speaker 2: No, like crunchy corn, like dried corn.
Speaker 1: No, there's not like pieces of corn. It's okay, okay.
Speaker 2: I was getting ready for that and just thinking like, oh, this is gonna be interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't think that there's a corn Cereal, Andrew, that's corn, pieces of corn. Corn.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 1: I mean I would eat that because I'm a big fan. I love all things corn.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had some corn ravioli this morning that Elvis left in my fridge.
Speaker 2: Love corn ravioli.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and corn pizza. You may think that it sounds gross love it. But if you popped open a can a green giant, I just spread it on a piece of regular cheese pizza. It's a taste sensation it is.
Speaker 2: It's got some sweetness to it.
Speaker 1: It's delicious, and plus you'll see the corn later on.
Speaker 2: Oh god, please don't. There's actually a really good pizza place in Jersey City called Rasa, and they make a corn pizza that is amazing.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll come for an outdoor lunch with you.
Speaker 2: Oh please see there's puffed.
Speaker 1: Balls in here too. There's too much going on. I could see it already. And it's like half a box of cereal. It's an engine to redo. Yeah, pour engine too. I wanted to like that so badly. I could smell the maple. It's very pungent.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: It's like I'm sitting next to a maple tree with a tap in it. Yeah, it's just dripping on me.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: All right, what are you struggling with I'm just trying to get the flat back in. Okay, Sometimes I have trouble with my flap. Anybody still listen to this podcast? You think people still like it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean I get the reports, so it looks like it.
Speaker 1: All right, Ready, Sunrise Crunching Maple Nature's Path one I didn't get because I don't like it. I get because the ball went down my throat and I was seriously choking on it and you were just laughing at me.
Speaker 2: I know the Heimlich so you would have been screwed.
Speaker 1: It's interesting. It's it is Mapley, There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: But it really is, like it says in the box, just to touch, Yeah, it's like you taste it. Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: I just touched him. Oh I have to wash my hands, Nae, you do. We can't touch people. No, you're the first person I touched outside of my family. Oh wow, you're my family Andrew.
Speaker 2: Shoot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of things here.
Speaker 2: I don't hate it, so I'm gonna start with that. Let me talk through my feelings. The corn is interesting, like it's a different texture, which I will give it credit for. That's the pen whah, I give it credit. I usually hate keenwa cereals, and this is actually I'm gonna give this three bowls.
Speaker 1: Is amoranth, those tiny little things that are floating around in there. Can you look up amaranth. My guess is it's some sort of a grain A M A R A n amaranth. I was in a spelling bit.
Speaker 2: You know you were, what place did you come in?
Speaker 1: Very very far down? I will give this it's a grain.
Speaker 2: It's the little balls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see that. Huh. I'm going to give it two bowls in a spoon. It's not a surreal that I would ever purchase again for myself.
Speaker 2: I think, I again, if I was in a real crunch, I would take this.
Speaker 1: O we done so. I think if I was in like say, bind okay, or deserted on an island. Okay, that happening soon go ahead. I hoped if I was.
Speaker 2: In a bind or on an island, I would eat the cereal. It's not terrible, and I think it makes me feel healthy enough that it's like, oh I didn't eat pure sugar for the breakfast.
Speaker 1: I mean if I was stuck on an island, I would eat any of this crap back here just to survive.
Speaker 2: I would not go with these because these are all stale. Ma'd be eating it with salt water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's it. Great, great episode, Andrew, Bravo. Yeah, we hope you have a great weekend, and we do really appreciate you listening to this silly little podcast. Who would have known that we'd be up to like one hundred and forty something episodes already, over four hundred cereals eaten. Yeah, four hundred. Wow, you know, And that's why you know, I'm not concerned, because they just keep coming out with Steah, it just keeps coming.
Speaker 2: And people send us cereals. Now, it's really nice.
Speaker 1: At some point we may have to back down to two cereals again, but there will always be cereal And thank you for listening to us, and thank you for supporting us. And bad to Serial KILLERSPC dot com. If you want to check out the list ain't gonna work. It's gonna say broken link, but not, it's gonna be there. Okay, when it's there.
Speaker 2: Now it is serial KILLERSPC dot com.
Speaker 1: What do I do? There?
Speaker 2: You can check out the list, and that's pretty much all I figured you'd.
Speaker 1: Want, said, I buy some merch.
Speaker 2: I mean, do you want me to add that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you have merch posted like a year ago.
Speaker 2: No, we do have it from tea public dot com.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows it exists. It's probably poor quality crap.
Speaker 2: No, I mean it's T shirts.
Speaker 1: Our shirts are better. Can we please make cereal balls? That's really I just think that that's whatever happened. You were supposed to call our friend from Lenny Mud and set that up, and she was gonna make us custom serial killer cereal balls, and we were gonna do a whole thing, and that was probably like eight months ago, and you never called or you never reached out. You don't care.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, thank you so much for listening. We really do appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it be super cool if these are serial killers bawls and they were yellow with the logo and people could eat them with breakfast. I mean, how cool would that be? Not eat the balls, but eat breakfast in them? You know, you know, I thought you were a marketing genius. You're not. You're not. You really haven't done much for this except.
Speaker 2: You're such a nasty human. You are so nasty. Why because you just go below the belt and you enjoy being mean.
Speaker 1: I just think that you should do more. That's all hashtag do more.
Speaker 2: Anytime I've tried to do more. Like film the podcast, you have a whole entire breakdown, like a mental breakdown. You are an adult man child who cries. Well, where I have to stand there and be like, are you okay? As a twenty nine year old, I have to comfort a forty four year old man child and tell him you looked fine, Everything was fine, you weren't sweating.
Speaker 1: Okay? Then where are there two or three or four that we recorded? Why are they not post.
Speaker 2: Every time the episode ends, you're like, please don't post that?
Speaker 1: So do you just say that?
Speaker 2: It sits on my laptop?
Speaker 1: So post them. Let's see what we Let's see what traction we get.
Speaker 2: You were also the same person who wants the Microsoft. No one's watching it, No one's gonna watch it. I can't, I can't. You're a child. It's difficult working with the child.
Speaker 1: We'll see you on Monday, when we'll have a delicious brand new cereal on Serial Killers the podcast?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: Is that what we call it? What serial Killer is the podcast?
Speaker 2: I thought it was just serial killers it is.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening, follow us, do those things, and until we see you on Monday, enjoy yourself, stay safe and crunch. What does it mean when you say hit below the belt? I mean, what's the difference when I hit you above the belt or below the belt? Because I hit you in the balls. Yes, that's what below the belt is. Yes, that shirt is also very billowy today.
Speaker 2: It's short though definitely fits different than it did twenty something years ago.
Speaker 1: I got the shirt in nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's still a pretty good shape, right, Yeah? Do you remember we were friends?
Speaker 2: Are you still recording this