Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Well, let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm to you Added Bay with Caroline Hepka, and we're joined by Bloomberg reporter Chloe Melee.
Speaker 2: Chloe.
Speaker 3: Monte de Paski is being inundated with offers. What's going on that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very much in demand. So Monte de Pesci has received offers from both in Tessa San Paolo and Banco BPM over the last few days. So this is really triggering a new phase of deal making of m and A in the talent banking afterwards. Already been a lot of recent deals, including Monte de Pesci's own acquisition of Media Banker that happened just last year. And so if we look a bit deeper at these potential offers, so we've got a Bank of BPM pitching a merger of equals which would result in a combined entity worth about fifty billion euros, and then in Tessa made instead something a bit different, a thirty point six billion euro bid, and so that would create the most valuable finance firm in Italy. It's also a deal that involves other parties. So in Tessa would essentially sell Montepesci assets to the insurance company Unipoor, which would then propose a merger between those assets and another company called Bepe Banker. So there's a lot, maybe quite quite a bit of complexity there in those potential deals, and there's a lot of happening in Italian finance in the general in general, because we had Banker BPM acquiring an asset manager called Animal Holding as well recently. And then of course we can't not mention that unicredits MNA ambitions that of course are very much in focus as well. And so on the back of those offers, Monte Deepesci shares really surged this morning, but on the other hand, the bidders Banker BPM and in Tessa were down slightly, so we'll be watching out for any further developments there as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, So that yeah, since we was saying by come onto capacity share price up considerably today, air Bus is finding out that the whole isn't greater than the sum of its parts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Ebus is said to have notified customers of some delivery delays because of the shortages of some parts. So this is really the latest sign of ongoing supply chain issues at the company, and that is really widening that performance get between Airbus and Boeing, because for all of its recent and very highly publicized problems, Boeing has actually been doing a lot better recently and has really been able to improve output and to respond to increasing demand, whereas Airbus has actually been challenged a bit more and dealing with shortages of aircraft parts, in particular with problems with engines from Pratt and Whitney, which is something that has been ongoing for a while now. So the latest earnings from Airbus were also evidence of some of that. There was some weakness there. So the news of those potential delivery delays that is not going to help the share price, and this is obviously part of these broader issues within the aviation sector. Really redealing with of course is higher fuel cost, is disruption to flight schedules, and so we're seeing ABBAS shares down this morning and down almost twelve percent this year, so not having a great year so far.
Speaker 3: Okay, it looks like Berrian's pulling ahead in that race between the two airline makers. But the London Stock Exchange is looking bitterly at Titu Lyle. Tell us why it might not be a sweet goodbye for all parties here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's so many punel opportunities there. So Ingredient has agreed to buy Tate and Lyle, which is an ingredients maker, in a two point seven billion pound deal. And as you said, with regards to the London Stock Exchange, this is really a symbolic loss for that exchange, given that Titan Lyle is one of the oldest companies and it's also the last remaining company from the UK's original FT thirty index. And so the LC is, of course, as we've been talking about for a while now, under a lot of pressure more and more companies to private takeovers, to listings in the US. And then at the same time we're seeing actually very few new listings happening on this London Exchange. And you know, for example, Schroders, which was also one of the oldest companies in the UK, was also acquired by a US firm earlier this year. Actually, so the London Stock Exchange is now losing another one of its oldest members. But if we look at what that means for Tetanlow specifically, it seems that it's going quite well. You know, the shares are jumping stone. It seems that investors are quite keen on this deal. It's worth noting that the shares are still trading below the offer value, and some analysts are noting that there might be some issues with regulatory approval, that this might not be a given. So for this as well, we'll be watching out for developments.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm