Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: What's good, Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show with my brother the Legend d D. What's happening to my dog?
Speaker 1: What's something I bro? How you feeling man? Big win? How you feeling big Tom ship Man? That was a big win?
Speaker 2: You know, come back home and maintain home court without Jimmy. Incredible. That's how you That's how you hold it down. I love the way we showed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, show up. The defense really showed up. It was a big win, especially without Jimmy. Steph went crazy. That was probably one of the best Steph Curry packages that I've seen from not just killing you with the three, but from a league guard perspective, a playmaker perspective, controlling the game tempo. He put all that together.
Speaker 2: I think he did that. He wasn't turning the ball over. That was me turning over, right, but he was. He wasn't turning the ball over, and he made every single play when we had nothing going on offensively. He just willed us because the defense. I think the defense was there, Like at one point, I think it was maybe six minutes to go in the half, five minutes to go and a half and they had thirty seven points and we had twenty four to twenty six or something like that. But we knew we couldn't hit any shots, and so Steve said in that time out, He's like, Yo, our defense is holding up. Just make sure the defense keep holding up. We will find the rhythm offensively. And we couldn't. But Chef got going and he just willed us there to end that second half. That's second quarter, and we went in the high time of three going in, I mean down three, going in down three, we were like, we're good, like because they weren't scoring the ball and we didn't play well and we're down three. So he dominated the game like he completely controlled everything, even with the blitz. You know, the blitz is the blitz is made to speech you up like he was making the ball. Yeah, absolutely, he was in total control. He got he got whatever it was that he wanted. If he wanted to make the pass and the blitz, he made the pass. He wanted to beat the trap. He beat the trap like he got whatever it was that he wanted when he wanted to it was. It was beautiful to see, like you said, especially with robins, as he calls himself with with with Robin howt uh. It was beautiful to see man just complete domination.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Robin, Jimmy Butler, I g post thanks Batman and team excluding Buddy. I would have to agree with that. You know, I'll be picking on Buddy too. Damn Buddy, wake you last well. Tonight Buddy showed up in a major way.
Speaker 2: Buddy hit big for eleven for three, he sat down on the defensive end, he did like Buddy. Buddy played great basketball tonight and Buddy got into it with Jason Green at the end. Yeah, what was that about? You know, we just call him Buddy out his name and stuff. You know, I don't really I don't. I don't really rock with that, you know what I'm saying. But it is what it is. You know, we move on to the next game. The game was over, we won the game. We move on to the next game. Man, you know how we rocking? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I saw Jimmy on the bench being vocal talking to Kaminga, talking to Buddy, talk about his presidence out there even on the bench with those guys in that playoff environment and what it means having him still as a presidence over there on the bench for yourself and then for the Comingias and the buddies.
Speaker 2: It was huge because Jimmy just see the game differently, you know. And although like, hey, when you're when you're on a bench with a coach coaching staff, the last thing you want is them coaching you up every play like you just kind of But when you got a teammate right there and they're coaching you up, it's a totally different vibe. And so it was just another it was just another coach on the bench. Uh that is kind of talking every single play. You know what I'm saying that he was locked into the game. He was, you know, dropping jewels over there and things that he saw. Man, it was it was great. Obviously we want them out there on the floor, but you know that wasn't possible today. So you take, uh what he was bringing on the bench, you you you bottle that up however you can. He walked in looking like Frank Lucas with the mink caught on and started the game, So you knew he was coming. He was he was coming to the bench to bring a presence and he was definitely that presents of the bench. Shout out to my guy friend, shut out Frank Lucas. He had to allo pass right there. It was fire. You know what I'm saying. You went with Frank walk in looking like that, gotta get it done. He got hot, was hitting right because come on, and he came out of Oh boy, walk out there with a comforter on. They got all right quick, you got it was like, alright, no, I look back up that mom was gone, I said. He made oh man, Remember to subscribe to The Draymond Green Show with Baron Davis, so you don't miss any episodes.
Speaker 1: And don't forget to follow us on all social media. At Draymond's show, all right, dumb nation, y'all know what's up? You and Jalen Green? Yeah, I was getting into it. Uh, And then Jalen Green said, you know, just talking. He can't really do much of anything, so talking is his only way.
Speaker 2: Jayleen Grain on Draymond Grain, Yeah, no, that's cool. I don't do much. That's fine. I don't do much. Just do what I have to do. But I don't do much, you know what I'm saying. So he was balling, no problem. I'm happy he see it that way. That's incredible. Shout out to him.
Speaker 1: A lot of times those are like blanket statements fat because you can start believing that and then I ain't gonna say nothing.
Speaker 2: That's how you get to ask, That's how you get your ask.
Speaker 1: There's a fine line between respect and disrespect. You gotta be careful because they can't translate on the court as oh, I don't feel like closing out, or I ain't gonna try and box out, or I'm just gonna let him drive to the hall.
Speaker 2: So you know, be careful.
Speaker 1: That's what I would say to the young FEMA, especially in the playoffs, because it's just a different level. It's a different level top and it's a different level of talking and backing it up when it comes to the playoffs. And we've seen that countless amount of times with really talented players going to the media and almost giving that energy out to themselves. I mean, you've seen it with PG, You've seen it with t MAC. You gotta be careful, especially when you're in battle and go be in the series where you gotta battle it out. So let's talk about this tech. Let's talk about this tech. Okay, First, I thought we was gonna be more aware of our technical file.
Speaker 2: I was very aware of that, very aware. I'm like, bro, you wanted that tech dude. That was the third or fourth time somebody walking to me while I'm going for a layup and it's not called. I had to get that one, all right, because clearly you ain't called it yet. You clearly ain't filling my press. So I'm gonna make sure you feel my presence now. I definitely wanted that one, and then you know, I move on. It was a game changer, and I was like, I felt like that one was needed in that moment, and I went and I got it, and then we move on it. It also turned me up, so it was great it did. It was great. It turned me up. Like I knew I needed that in that moment, and I did that and it was incredible. And yeah, that one wasn't unnecessary. That one was very necessary. Yeah, you ran ing down on that one.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, joint one, fat teg. But it did spark a fire in the defense. Defense in the fourth quarter, Well, you got some really big defensive plays, a block, a bunch of stops to flex in the steel on Van Flick.
Speaker 2: I mean, your instincts was bubbling, you was.
Speaker 1: Covering right, you was covering Uh, you was an architect on that defense.
Speaker 2: What were you saying out there? You know, I think when you that's not our third time planning. You know, like once you start to get to game three and four in the series, like there's not much that's going to happen that's going to be a surprise, you know, like you start to figure out what they like to get to, what they like to go to, and stuff ain't going well, you know, like you just start to figure different things out. And so for me, like after seeing a team the third time in a row, like you gotta trust your instincts because more likely than not, your instinct is going to be right if you watch them, you know, if you study your stuff. And so I trusted my instincts a lot, but also know like we needed stops and we needed that win, and I knew that I needed to come up big on the defensive and I couldn't quite find my rhythm offensively, So what are you going to do to impact the game? And for me, that was like, all right, I'm about to go down here. I'm gonna try to get every stop. I'm gonna try to get my hand in every play in one way or another. And you know I was able to cost some have it. You know, that last play was probably the most fun, with getting the outlet to GP off off the turn and over. You know, but that was you know, that's just what it boils down to. I saw that he had sought Jalen Green open, so I saw it. I was, you know, I was the last line of defense. You see. I just ran away from the rem because I saw that he saw him open and he turned his back, so I knew he thought he'd still be open. I took off out of there. I was able to come up with the ball and get it off the GP and that put the finishing touches on the game.
Speaker 1: To me, it was a testament of why I thought you should have been Defensive Player of the Year, but you finished third SEC. Congratulations on that. But what is the process like when it comes to hear he won or where he placed, and what was your reaction when you found out that you didn't win?
Speaker 2: Interestingly enough, we all find out at the same time. You find out when it releases on T and T. I was gambling on the plane and I went on it. I moved on, like you know, it ain't much you can do about it the same my first rodeo. This ain't my first time being in the race, you know, feeling like I should win and not win. It ain't the first time that's ever happened, you know. So this I'm sure Dyson Daniels was crushed because I know that feeling. Yeah, like your first time being in the running and you don't come up with it Like I know that that feeling, so I've experienced it before. If anything, I feel for Dyson Dames, you know what I'm saying, because he had a great defensive year and this is his first time going through that. This is his first time experiencing that feeling. The damn I didn't get it. I was like, I'm fine, Like I'm moving on, like I've been through that before. So no big deal with me. But I will say congratulations to Evan Mobley Man. Yeah, that incredible. I've been a fan of here since USC. I know you don't like that name, but I've been a fan of you know what I'm saying that to see him continue to grow, uh, continue to become the player that everybody thought that he become. I had so many conversations with Kenny last summer just about what Evan Mobley can become and how to see things like I'm happy as hell to see him get that, So shout out to him, man, Darius Garland, them and shit was throwing shade like they ain't none of that, and don't be a clown, you know what I'm saying, Like it is what it is. We was in the running he wanted. That's great and the number one see with the second best record in the NBA. Who mad at that? You know? So these little, you know, little dudes throwing shade, Congratulations to him. You know, I was surprised by Darius Garland throwing shade when he came on on the podcast and there was us vouching for him to be an All Star when he was begging. You know. So, like I said, shout out to Evan Mobley. That was super dope to see him win des Flair of the Year. You know, I'm one of the guys I root for young guys. You know what I'm saying. I'm not one of them guys that don't want to see young guys do well.
Speaker 1: If anything, welcome to the table. One shout out to Avian Mobley. I think he had an amazing year he was key clutch. He has been on the rise ever since he stepped in the league and been reaching his potential. So shout out to him for winning Defensive Player of the Year. I always look out awards like that and say, Okay, whoever didn't win, that doesn't mean you did not win. That means you won too, because you're up there as one of the best defenders in the league.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you don't win the war, you move on.
Speaker 1: And I actually think it it motivated you, man, because you just playing some hell of the defense out here in Game three.
Speaker 2: You had something to prove.
Speaker 1: And if that's the case, I tell you, like, I take that all day.
Speaker 2: Now for sure. Listen, you always gonna try to find fuel and whatever you can. I will say I didn't find a bush. If I want to lock guys down anyway, that's kind of that's who I am, you know. I take pride in that. But if however you can so you know, like I said, it was obviously wanted to win it, but to be in the conversation at thirty five, still at elite level, will continue to play at an elite level. I got no shame in it. I'll show show up next year. Throw my name back in the hat because I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do what I gotta do on a defensive end. So be right there again, big all, be right there again.
Speaker 3: The NBA eighty two game grind is done. Now the real fun begins. The NBA Playoffs. Love them They're here. Time for drama, clutch moments, Steph Curry, Lebron John dropping plays. I can't wait. If you're looking to make the playoffs even more exciting, Draftking sports but catch you cover. They're the official sports betting partner of the NBA games all the way to the finals. Now's the time to back your favorite players and teams as they chase glory. So all season long, DraftKings been the go to spot for NBA player props. That doesn't stop now. If you want to make your playoff experience even more intense, try placing a bet in your favorite player's performance. Will they drop thirty, forty, who knows or more? It's your call. If you're ready to place your first bet, download the DraftKings sports book app. Takes ninety seconds. Lock in your bets and let's make the playoffs unforgettable. Here's something special for first timers. DraftKings customers that are new bet five bucks. That's it, five bucks and get two hundred bonus bets instantly. Just make it a playoff run to remember. With DraftKings, download their sports book app takes ninety seconds to code's colin cli N that is code colin. New customers get two hundred bucks in bonus bets betting just five only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one to ten dred Gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and why four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction VOYD and Ontario. New customers only bonus petskspire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuans four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dkang dot co. Slash audio.
Speaker 1: Talking about Elite you know, having Jimmy out, other players stepping up the guard play in this game was huge. Gary Payton second had eleven of a sixteen points in the fourth quarter. Talk about his impact.
Speaker 2: Man, I thought GP was huge. He's one of the best finishers around the rim in the game for real. Uh, you know, he he doesn't play the guard position for us, and you know, me and Luna always joke with him like gu a small ball five. You know, he got every finish around the rim that every big wish they at, you know, and like he is extremely impressive. Then you know, he was getting those those doves to the rim, couple tough finishes and then all of a sudden the trade ball going in and we obviously know what he does on the defensive end, you know, So when you're getting that type of production from g on the offensive end and already knowing what he's doing on the defensive end, like you said with robbing out, it was great because you needed that production from somewhere and it wasn't going to be one guy. It gives you the production that Jimmy gives you. But as a collective, we can all do that and make up what he brings, you know, as a collective group. And that's how it got to be. When you missing one of your stars, and G was man. G played some great basketball. He showed up, especially you know with the shoulder bothering him, you know, from the no call when he was tripped in Houston. Showed up in a major way. Shout out to GP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talking about being a superstar in your role. He embodied that tonight. The physicality in the three ball, finishing inside, like he said, it steals the defense. It amazes me someone that small can play, you know, on the defensive end, can play with one and switched to five and try and block the shot. I mean, his energy is is incredible and it's just good to see my little dog out there getting busy. Another one of my dog's Buddy, he showed up for us today seventeen points. I know he has a good relationship with Jimmy obviously with the tweet. What did you say the buddy postgame about his performance Game three? Because Buddy, Buddy is a funny personality, man, that's my guy.
Speaker 2: Buddy's hilarious, man. I know, I was just talking to him really throughout the game. Buddy used to be like you go say somethingbody like, he talks so fast. And now he's coming up to me like that got you the ball. When when Steven Adams was able to get to steal I need to and I'm like, wow, Buddy, like that is a huge step in the right direction. You're coming to seek me to talk about. So, m what Jimmy's doing must be working, because no, but Buddy, honestly, man, he was huge. He hit big shots, timely threes, He hit some very timely threes, and he was good on the defensive end. It was good to see Buddy hot that game. Like I said, need a collective guys stepping up, and Buddy was right there in the mix for us. We're gonna need him continue to play that way. Also shout out to Steve because I know people was calling for Steve, like, oh, why you're still playing Buddy, and Steve's I'm going to continue to play Buddy. You saw that's what his shot making ability. We need that shot making ability out there on the floor. And a locked in Buddy is a very good buddy. So we gonna need Buddy continue to stay locked in like that. Shots won't fall every single night, but when you're great shooter like he is, they fore most nights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll get open, he'll get open and he was playing on the defensive end.
Speaker 2: He was playing scrappy.
Speaker 1: He will get his shots as long as he don't chase him, He's gonna get open and have opportunities to make shots.
Speaker 2: And he was big. He was huge. I also wanted to speak about Jonathan Kaminga. His defense starting off on Jalen.
Speaker 5: Green was huge, big time, swaking him big talk the game and when you don't allow the guy, when you don't allow a guy to get a rhythm to start the game, that can change the game for offensive players.
Speaker 2: So also wanted to speak on that. Jonathan Kaminga's defensive pressure on the ball to start the game was huge, mongers huge, huge, especially Jalen Green coming off that game too performance where he was just having his way to establish that at the beginning of the game.
Speaker 1: It's saying, you, buddy, are gonna get the attention that you deserve. You know, I've been waiting for that, but Kamingia, I've been waiting for that all year and so it was a joy to see that. So shout out to Jonathan Kaminga for stepping up in the beginning and establishing himself on the defensive end. Because now he's going to have a breakthrough offensive game, mark my words. And you guys haven't been playing. It hasn't been a high scoring series.
Speaker 2: Facts, I think we still got a breakout game for sure.
Speaker 1: And just talking about everybody stepping up, Jimmy, Jimmy Butler is still questionable for Game four. I don't know if he's going to try and play, but if he does, uh, you know there's a chance if he plays. You know, you're looking to go up three to one going into Game four. What do you have to improve on for the rest of the series, and then, especially if Jimmy is out, what are the things you guys have to do to better your chance is to close this series.
Speaker 2: I have to improve personally. I gotta stop turning the goddamn ball. I agree. That is my self improvement. Us as a team, I think we cleaned up that in the night. We only had ten turnovers. As a team, I think we improve offensive rebound wise, and saying that they still have fifteen, let's get that the eleven, you know, so let's get that to eleven or twelve, so I think, and then some of those be like two or three offensive rebounds on the same possession. So sometimes the numbers can look a little more skew than it actually is. But overall, I thought we did a great job on the defensive boards. But what I think the one thing that I would like to see us improve up on as a team is just continue to improve our game plan discipline. We have a very young team. It's there a lot of guys first time in the playoffs, first time in this situation, and so as you continue to get more and more experienced under your belt in the playoffs, you hope to see guys continue to take those steps. And what I will say through three, if you come to playing, I've seen guys taking those steps. But we all know we can be better, and so I'd just like to see us continue to improve up on our game plan discipline just as a team.
Speaker 1: Overall, I truly believe when the shot clock is running down, when the ball is in the non score we meaning the three to four on the five scorers on the team, y'all got active. And when I mean getting active, you start you shut down the next pass. So a lot of those one on one opportunities wind up in the hands of a Dylan Brooks right trying to make plays eat trying to make plays, and I think that was really really that was really balanced and a focused defense when you can when you know, like oh, Dylan Brooks got the bass eight seconds, make him make the play. But at the same time, I also think that when you guys do do that and you see people like Dylan Brooks or Thompson, you gotta be aware and that they will miss shots and that's how them offense. The rebounds happened because you start you start looking at the shot, looking at the miss, and then that's how they attack. But it was great defense at the end of the game because you start allowing the ball on the defensive side to go to a weekend offensive scorer. And that's why I think you guys were successful tonight.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, that was huge for sure, And I wouldn't necessarily say that was game playing, you know, it's just kind of you filling the game out as out there. I think anytime you can take first couple of options away make teams do what they don't necessarily want to do is always going to be good. So yeah, man, shout out to our defense again. My guy Jerry stack House. He has a certain mentality that he brings to the defense and we just try to follow that take it around the league a little bit. Man. I didn't get opportunity to see it obviously live, but I saw it on that game. You was there, Clippers, that game tough call. I don't know how to judge it. I think for me personally, I've never seen a game winner like that. Uh you were there? Have you ever seen an ending like that in the playoffs? No? That was wild? Dude? What was your man thought? Being there?
Speaker 1: My thought was it should go to overtime because hand was on top of the ball.
Speaker 2: But when you look at the play.
Speaker 1: His hand was not on the ball when the red light hit and it was in the cylinder. So it was like, damn, how do you to me? You know, shout out to the refs on those because that's that's a.
Speaker 2: Big call to make this call. It changes It could change that, It could change the outlook, which could change the entire playoffs. Like it's a huge call to making that in that moment.
Speaker 1: But like I said, the Clippers shouldn't have put themselves in that situation, especially when you're at home, you have the advantage, and I think when they put you know, when they picked up the pressure on defense when they were down to get back in the game. That's the same type of pressure that they needed the entire game.
Speaker 2: So I think that they were going through lulls and then at.
Speaker 1: The end of the game, like we all know, it's not always the game when it's shot, it's always the tipping.
Speaker 2: And that goes back.
Speaker 1: To way back end of the day where Houston lost in the Final four a game Elijah Wah to the great Jimmy Valbano with basically an airball putback. So I mean it's a heartbreaker because as a coach, as a player, the shot was off. It's a controversial call, but you shouldn't have been in that situation, and it was just devastating. I mean, the old Clipper Arena was rocking and Denver got away with one.
Speaker 2: They did shout out to Lorenzo Charles, by the way, getting that put back for n stayed back in the day. When I look at that series now, I say that's two games that the Clippers have let get away. I'm not sure if you can win a series against a really good team given two games away with that type of margin.
Speaker 5: Area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I agree. Now I'm saying that The Clippers have obviously the system, but Kawhi Leonard, who is just playing at an EEE level and which will always give them a chance. They got Ronnie Luke on the bench, which always gives them a chance. But it's just hard to beat. It's hard to beat the team four times to essentially beat them one for sure, come back tonight and have a real chance at winning that game and not coming up with those two. I think those two could possibly cost you later. But then saying, now, who do you have taking that? I just think like that I could get tough man. That can get hard.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying though very much. So you've let two games slip away. You had, you had those games and your clutches. But I still think the Clippers are the more team.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What I did see from Denver is, you know, he just got to keep going that joker. You gotta keep wearing Joker down. He's doing everything out there. I was on the Denver side of the court, so I got a chance to see, you know, how the bench, You know, the conversations in the huddle, and a lot is being asked a joker to do a lot.
Speaker 2: A lot of the thinking a lot.
Speaker 1: Of co coaching, a lot of playing and coaching, talking to teammates.
Speaker 2: He has a lot of responsibility.
Speaker 1: And then him not having Russ out there, you don't to have another vocal person and you have, like you have a lot of non vocal players. It's just hard to communicate and and to get energy and motivation when guys are are not like really dialed in. And I think the Clippers they unlock Norman Powle Zubaca has been playing, right, We talked about that. But the unlock of Norman power, I think is gonna be huge. And then now it's gonna be a Bogdanovich or a Batoon are done. Somebody from the Clippers now has to step up and be, you know that that fifth. They need a fifth, sixth person that they can rely on now to close out this series that's gonna make big plays for them. They need some They need some big plays from Derek Jones, They need some big plays from Done, They need some big plays from Batun. They need those guys to make winning plays over these next three games. Yeah, no, almost definitely, most definitely. But they can win in Denver. They can win in Dinner.
Speaker 2: They shown that actually they shown that actually twice, Yeah, twice, right, right, right right, So I'm not worried about them going back to Denver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they let a couple get away.
Speaker 2: What's up, our fans. We got some great news. We're thrilled to announce that the new show merchandise is available. The site is now live, so you can check it out and grab your favorites. Go to the DG B Dshow dot com. That's the d G D D Show dot com.
Speaker 1: If you're watching on YouTube, there's a QR code on the screen that you can scan. You can click the link and the YouTube description for all the listeners had to Draymond Show on TikTok ig x Facebook and hit the website link in the bio to access the merch store.
Speaker 2: You know, we finally get there. Some merged for the show.
Speaker 1: Maybe we get the fast be able to rock the merge, rock the shows tap in with us.
Speaker 2: I think these should be the shirts on the cease at the game.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's do it. We meet that game four We need to day. Come on, man, let's do it.
Speaker 2: I'll be at the game. We can get that cracking. Were excited to have all y'all represent the show so go to the dgbdshow dot com and get the new merch. There are four to one series.
Speaker 1: The first is Nicks Pistons My next Knicks tape.
Speaker 2: Let's go Bay up to one on Detroit.
Speaker 1: Every game has been a slug fest back and forth, Jalen bruston the show while he's clutched player of the Year. I predicted that this series was gonna go uh nix and six. How you feeling about your Detroit Pistons still?
Speaker 2: I think they too have given games away at that game game one way was bizarre. Nonetheless, this is what I expected. I expected the Pistons to have a chance to win this series, and they are showing that. And that's also what Isaiah Stewart been out. He's missed the last two games, and I thought he'd be a vital part of this series. And they're still showing. Paul Reed has stepped up huge, They're they're still playing really good basketball. So I'm not sure. I didn't see what it was that's been keeping Stuwarie out. I'm not sure if he will still be out, but if they get him back, I'm telling you, man, watch out, Nicks. They get Stewart back because that's just another body that could throw a cat. That's another enforcer. You know, there's this series been a little testy. You get your enforcer out there, not another enforcer. Your enforcer out there is always harder for the home team and tough for the home team. I think I think the Knick's gonna struck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't think the Knicks have been in that situation where they've had that margin for air.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You look at the Clippers and you say, damn the Clippers. Let Denver get to But they still got Kawhi, they still got James, they still got you know, super elite veteran experience that have been have played back.
Speaker 2: To the wall. That's a fact.
Speaker 1: I want to see Detroit and I know they're gonna come out fighting. I know they're gonna play that type of basketball. But Game four, Game four is all about will, intellect right, and small, small, small, small margin for air, especially when you're the home team.
Speaker 2: This is true because they got these pistons, ain't got nothing to lose, man. They playing with the Church's money, with the house money. These pistons, Man, watch out because they come and for bloody man.
Speaker 1: The pencils was one of my team that they was one of my teams in the East. I just think that they're gonna the next on the mission, the next on the mission improved something. The first thing they got to prove is, hey, we're getting out this first round again so we can go to the Conference Semis.
Speaker 2: This is true. The Bucks bounce back there downald two to one. After winning Game three, Gary Trent stepped up huge. He was put in the start lineup score thirty six. Give Doc his credit BD, that's just an adjustment, and that man came through in nine threes. I think this series will end up tied up to the two headed back to uh Indiana for Game five, and what I will say is if this series get to two to two, I got the Bucks taking this Seriesugh great adjustment, Doc Rivers, great adjustment. Needed adjustment. Game for is pivotal.
Speaker 1: I just still think Indiana is not afraid of the Bucks. Indiana feels like they can beat the Bucks down the stretch. And it took thirty six points in ninth and a nine to three performance from Gary Try Junior, shout out to my dog.
Speaker 2: He came in, he rocked out. But you're asking for that.
Speaker 1: Where did that come from and why didn't we get any type of combination of those thirty six points in their two losses.
Speaker 2: So well, I'll tell you why role players play better at home. They do. Role players play better at home, which is why I say if this series ends up two to two, the Bucks gonna take it because they're gonna go back on the road and Dame gonna find his stride. Yanna's gonna be honest, Dame go find and Brook Lopez is a champion. He been there before, you know what I'm saying. Bobby Porters is champion. He been there before. I think if they get this serious to two to two, they going to Game five like, oh we got them, and they gonna feel that. So I'm telling you, if they get this to two to two, watch Out Bucks winning Bucks and six Bucks winning four in a row. They get this to two to two, watch Out championship pedigree means something. Now, Andyanna does have some championship pedigree over there in Pascal Siaka, Yeah, they don't have multiple and I think that's gonna be the difference. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the difference is Rick Carlisle is going to make the adjustment heading in the game for it's gonna be a battle of adjustments Game four, and I think it's gonna come down to uh Doc versus Rick Carlisle respecting for let's get next those who make those adjustments.
Speaker 2: Who tweets the lineup.
Speaker 1: You know, somebody is gonna be sitting down the stretch while somebody is cooking. We don't know who it is, but it's gonna be up to, you know, one of these coaches to make that move. Next up the Celtics two to one on the Magic coach Missoula. When Perzingis started linking, he said, I like watching him bleed. This series is very physical and the only way, the only way that the Orlando Magic can say in this series is to be physical.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts. That's the fact. They don't have the talent that the Boss and Celtics have, so they gotta jump the game up. They gotta be physical. That's the only way they can compete, and they're doing it. I think they're doing a great job of it. More physical than one would like, I'm sure, but you know that's the nature of it. Got to stand up through that, to that and go through it. So they are playing that physical. I was happy to see JT's back. But yeah, it's a very physical series. I think they're doing what they gotta do. So they're executing their game plan what they need to execute. You gotta give them their credit. Yeah, they gotta be scrappy, that's it.
Speaker 1: They gotta be scrappy, keep the score close and hope that Paulo can be that person for you in the playoffs that can make magical moments.
Speaker 2: No pun intended, But I do like coach Missoula.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he told Jason Jason Tatum man get up, get up? Right he talking about I like watching him bleed, just that that DNA, that fabric. Just a coach speaking to that. And when you watch Boston, they tough, they resilient. They don't they don't bend or break, you know, they don't, right, they feed off of that, and they they all got.
Speaker 2: This chip on their shoulder. They Ye, you have to if you want to be one of them teams that pop up every year. You know what I'm saying that being running every year and they doing that, you got to get them their credit. But they definitely feed off Joe's energy for sure. T Wolves are leading the series two to one. Luca was sick in Game three, they said, and Jaden McDaniels stepped up with thirty points and Brian both did what you expect Andon Bron to do. Looking forward to seeing a healthier Luca in Game four, I think the Lakers, you know, they can go on the road and win the game. They got Luka, Doncic and Lebron James. I think they have to figure that small lineup out when they take Rudy Gobertt. You know, a lot of the Lakers game plan seems to be built on picking on Rudy Gobert when they take him out. I think he played twenty four to twenty five minutes last game. When they take him out and they go to Niles Reed at the five. The Lakers has seemed to struggle with that lineup in the series. Game two, they got away because Nasrie was in foul trouble and so they didn't have to deal with that lineup. So I think the key to the Lakers figuring this, you know, this this team out is seeing if they can figure that lineup out, because that's the lineup that's been beating them, and so it'll be good to see, uh be fun to watch and see what adjustments JJ Redick makes his first playoff series, you know, and see what adjustments he make to deal with that lineup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say, Uh, one thing I noticed about JJ Redick and you know a lot of young coaches when they when they come into the league early, you can tell what type of coach that they will be based on game to game preparation. And JJ Redick is one of those coaches. So being down to one, he's gonna watch a lot of take He's gonna watch where the mistakes are happening, similar to sposal when Sposter was young coming up, he was great at making the adjustment from game one to game two. Oh we lost game one, Oh game two, We're not gonna lose because we've corrected all our mistakes. And a lot of times coaches do better in phil in preparation for the next day. And it's and it's tough making adjustments, especially when you're a rookie coach, especially when when it's your first time. So I look for the Lakers and JJ to be able to clean some things up. And he's a coach that makes game game to game adjustments right. And you have coaches, you know, like Steve Kerr right, that has that experience that make in game adjustments. I think he'll work his way up to that. But but for now, the Lakers will be prepared for Game four for the Rudy Gobert matchup.
Speaker 2: When Rudy Gobert.
Speaker 1: Goes out, you know how to handle Julius Randall, put more pressure on him and stop Minnesota from getting to the front of the rib. I think that's the Lakers problem, like they not letting they not forcing Minnesota to be a jump shooting team and prove that if y'all gonna shoot all these threes or shoot jumpers, they let them get to the bucket two into the front of the row. And the Lakers have no shot blockers down there that you know that's stopping the timberworld, especially Jami dak Daniels he having his way.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say, do they have the personnel to like keep the stop them at the rim though? Because that team athletics in law, like they got great lanth they're athletic, So is there like, do the Lakers have the answer to stop them from getting to the rim dough and finishing at the room, because that's one of their strengths.
Speaker 1: The Lakers have good individual defenders are hustle defenders.
Speaker 2: They don't have good weak side defenders. Bron with the exception.
Speaker 1: Is great, but Bron is at a place in time in his career where he can't cover. He knows if he has to cover everything on the defensive end.
Speaker 2: You think you can't get to thirty eight or thirty six or thirty eight or whatever.
Speaker 1: You can't do that, Yeah, you can't. You can't do that. And when you look at Vanderbilt, he's a good defender, right, but he's not a good help defender. Hachi Moore is not a good help defender. Then you have a weaker defender in Luca, which requires a lot of help defense right because people are attacking Luca. So like for the Warriors, Looney, great help week side defender, Get back to you man box out, Dramond Green, great week side help defender, right, great on ball defender. The Lakers can defend you and put pressure on the ball, but they can't stop you from getting to the red.
Speaker 2: We shall see. So who you got winning that series?
Speaker 1: I still got the Lakers. I just think you know, Lebron, Lebron and Luca, they still got a half to figure out and if they click, then I think Minnesota is in trouble.
Speaker 2: Is tough for anybody? Yeah, this is It's tough Minnesota. Yeah, it's tough. Click all right.
Speaker 1: Last topic, I want to send the huge congratulations to my dog, Dremond Green for winning the NBA Hustle Player Award. The War honors a player who makes the effort plays that go unnoticed in the box score but significantly contributes to the team's success. This award, to me, embodies a lot of what you've done this year, how you've been available, accessible, a lynch pin in this defense. What does it mean to you to get the award? And congratulations again on the well brother, I appreciate it. I mean a lot.
Speaker 2: I think anytime you can be recognized in this leading it's special, you know what I'm saying. So obviously I was still in a little in my feelings about the defensive player of you when I found out about this, So I ain't reposting nobody all day or anything, and I was like, I'm waiting, waited. Then the end of the night I made sure I reposted everybody, but very appreciative. So to explain to people what this award is because I didn't really understand either. It's a calculation. So this this award is a calculation, uh like steals, blocks, deflections, uh, screen setting, you know, getting your teammates over it, you know, weeks I help like, it's a calculation of different things. Uh. And after the calculation, I was the winner. So I'm very thankful. Uh So it is the one award in the NBA that has a formula that has a criteria. But like I said, said, any time that you can be recognized in this league as the greatest players in the world in this league, anytime to be recognized, I'm thankful.
Speaker 1: So thank you to the calculation, to the calcul So it's not it's not opinion based. It's actually fact and statistic based. So that's that's even better.
Speaker 2: Yesterday I was like, this is fired people.
Speaker 6: Man, you reposted you know, man, let's run that up. Let's run that up today. Everybody repost it again. I appreciate it, man, I appreciate y'all. I'm always thankful to be a part of this league. I don't take it from granted one bit. It's the best leading in the world.
Speaker 2: And you know, to still be a part of it after thirteen years and still playing at a high level. I'm forever grateful, forever, thankful, whatever, grateful to this organization who took the chance on me thirteen years of when I was labeled a tweener and that was a death sentence. So thank y'all, Thank y'all for tuning in. We appreciate y'all. Shout out to all of you, We love y'all. Thank you until the next time. And that's a wrap from this episode of The Trademon Green Show. With a the lection in himself, Baron Davis, the volume