Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look now at some stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Stephen Carroll and we're joined by Bloomberg's equities reporter Joe Easton. Joe, good morning. We have been watching drinks companies shares in Europe this morning, this as China has issued a ruling in its anti dumping probe into into EU. Brandy Imports tell us more.
Speaker 1: Big news coming for the drink space, something that we've been watching for a long time since you mentioned they're China giving this update. They're going to slap these levees on the drinks, specifically Brandy. Now potentially they're going to be putting a duty ranging from twenty seven percent to thirty five percent. Now, we actually saw a big drop down in companies like Remy, Quantro Pernrico, Diagio, LVMA Chieven. How they have since recovered because analysts are actually kind of saying trainers saying that this looks a little bit better than fared. So some drinks makers may actually be able to avoid these tariffs if they fulfill price pledges. So if they agree to the price levels at that China wants them too. And also there were previous reports that the levees could be as high as thirty nine percent rather than the thirty five percent that's been announced a few moments ago. So they are rebounding, remy actually higher now after dropping seven percents. That one is up around almost one percent at the moment, and the other stocks rebounding. But really volatile and interesting session for the drink stocks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, certainly we've been watching them with interest. And I've also been playing that game of who owns which brand? Which I can never remember in this situation, so I wasn't was not sure about why I had to google that one. And of course at least the H in LVMH is Hennessy, so that's an easy one to remain.
Speaker 1: Is the is the M?
Speaker 2: I think the Yes, Yes, this is a fun game.
Speaker 3: We should playing more. Yeah, to talk us through what else is moving? We're looking at trade exposed miners and automakers among the decliners.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we are seeing some weakness in the auto makers also the miners, as you mentioned that a lot of that is due to the kind of tariff uncertainty that we're seeing, particularly in stuff coming out of China. What are they going to do next on that? But one stock I am seeing to the upside is Ryan Mattow. Now, the company held a prey close call with analysts last night, so this is essentially where they get analysts together, give them a briefing ahead of a blackout period before their results. Now, the defense firm, whose stock has soared over two hundred percent of the past year, actually predicting that it's going to see a big jump of orders, and JP Morgan saying they think Ryan Mattel could get seventy billion euros worth of defense orders over the next year alone. They therefore think the stock should rise another thirty percent. So Ryan Mattel boosted again, only up about one percent to day, but given already they say, up more than two hundred percent over the past year, even almost two hundred percent this year year today, it's impressive stuff for that sector.
Speaker 3: Okay, dealer's choice, Joe, what else are you watching this morning?
Speaker 1: I've got the pick of the bunch, haven't I?
Speaker 2: Today?
Speaker 1: So I actually think the financials are interesting because there's a couple of different analyst notes out. We've got DWS over in Germany, which is the asset manager spun out of Deutschebank a few years ago. That one is downgraded by BNP Parabole, which says they've sent an outflow, so a lot of flows coming out of the firm. They do hold a lot of listed security, so stocks, bonds as well, so that is a negative part. But CVC Capital upgraded at JP Morgan. That one was slightly higher earlier today. This is because private actually actually doing a lot of exits, is selling out of businesses and making decent profits at the moment. So I find it interesting that the kind of traditional asset management businesses not doing so well, but private actually strong. CBC a little bit positive, DWS falling today.
Speaker 2: The Stock podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.