Speaker 1: Warning today's episode.
Speaker 2: Okay, spoilers for the shocking, shocking episode of AGAs All Along, Dark and stour Wakni.
Speaker 3: Power gets spoiled. Don't get spoiled.
Speaker 1: Spoiled folks, watch that, then listen to this.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 1: My name is Jason Concepcion.
Speaker 3: And I'm Rosey Nike, and welcome back to X Ray.
Speaker 1: Vision of the podcast where we dive deep.
Speaker 2: It's your favorite shows, movies, comics and pop culture coming from iHeart Podcast where.
Speaker 1: We're breaking you.
Speaker 2: Two episodes a week every Tuesday and Thursday. Sometimes three episodes, sometimes three, sometimes fall Just keep an eye on your feet.
Speaker 3: In today's episode. In the previously on, James Gun finally confirmed. Some LANs. So many space cops, so many space corps, I feel. Let's we'll talk about that a little bit. Yeah, what the hell happened with Uza Mark? The Internet's asking it, We're asking it. We've been asking it in our group chat. Everybody's feeling sad. We've got a bit more info about that. And in the airlock it's the darkest hour of Agatha All Along yet and somebody's power awoke and another croaked. We're gonna be talking about which is which is which is Witches and of course that big final moment revealed.
Speaker 2: But first previously on Lots of Cops cast Green lanternsting, James Gun spent the weekend of Joker Fallout trying to take your eye off the ball by dragging you.
Speaker 3: Very clever.
Speaker 2: What of news about Green Lantern casting? Gun is officially confirmed that Kyle Chandler, everybody's favorite football coach, will be portraying Hell in the HBO drama and good casting for how I think it's a great casting. They've announced that rebel Ridge and old star Aaron Pierre rebel.
Speaker 1: Ridge awesome, watch, Wow, We'll.
Speaker 2: Play John Stewart. Wonderful news. I think this is great casting. Your thoughts, Rosie, Okay, great casting.
Speaker 3: But I gotta say, look, I am not a fan of the Green Lantons just being space cops. I think it is not the most imaginative version of their power. I think that there is. Look, for example, John Stewart was originally an architect, which is like the best vision you could have for being a Green lantin your will can create anything. You're an architect. Then Jeff John's reimagined him and suddenly he is a military guy a cop. Blah blah blah blah blah. I'm not exactly like chomping at the bit for like a true detective style Green Lantin show. But you know what, I'm gonna give James Gunn the benefit of the doubt. I believe it is Damon Lindlaugh and Tom King. So you take that as you will. That could be a positive or a negative depending on how you feel about them. But it is all star casting. And I gotta say I think Kyle Chandler how Jordan is like one of the top tier DC castings.
Speaker 1: I agree, I think that is like up there.
Speaker 3: And I think Aaron Pierre, He's great, needs more work. It makes so much sense. I feel like the timing of like I know that James Gunn said he was, you know, obviously casting as an arduous process and Aaron Pierre were only went through it apparently did a lot of casting. But also I'm like, after rebel Ridge comes out, if you're doing this version of The Green Lanterns where they have to solve a dark Earth based murder mystery, I feel like rebel Ridge, You're like, this man is John Stewart, Like give just cast him now? So Yeah, fantastic casting on both sides. I hope I can be pleasantly surprised by the Space Cops. But let's see, I think it's gonna be very interesting. And Jason, I think you made a very good point that this was the castings had been rumored for quite a long time, though that Aaron Pierre one had not been confirmed, so I think this was very much like The timing was great. Yeah, the timing was very hilarious, so good. And also can we mention that I believe, if I'm not mistaken, Nathan Fillian's Guy Gardner, my favorite Green Lantern will be not only in Superman twenty twenty five, but also in this Green Lantern Corps show. I'm not sure which one will come first, but that will be an interesting tone shift for a series like this. So yeah, I'm intrigued. I'm color be intrigued, Colorie Green Lantern up next?
Speaker 2: Who's a Marquis the the fantastic first episodes of the of the legendary Horror manga, and we were raving about the animation style.
Speaker 3: And production nig And then, by the way, can I just say we were only sent the first episode? Understand why.
Speaker 1: Two eager to get back in.
Speaker 2: I see it in my up next Q on Max and I'm like, we just what I found my Like, my my resolution on my app was set to what happened and go online And it turns out a lot of people are complaining about this Rosie what happened?
Speaker 3: Okay, So we have yet to have like an official Max statement, and we probably won't get one, but it sounds like as usual, it was exacts not understanding how time consuming an expensive great animation is. The first episode was produced by Production IG, who made Ghosts in the show and the recent very critically acclaimed Terminate Zero anime, which is obviously stunning from what we're seeing and reporting from Polygon and Uza Maki Usamaki is telling us this virals are telling us and Gizmoto. Basically, what happened was the execs saw the first episode, saw how expensive and how long it took, even though by the way, this was a five year production even with the time cutting, so I feel like we could have just waited a bit longer. But they saw the first episode and they say, oh, we can do this for cheaper and for better, cheaper, quicker, and nobody will notice the difference, of course, that was not the case, and the only kind of real confirmed statements we have is from Adult Swim executive producer Jason DeMarco, who posted on Blue Sky before deleting.
Speaker 1: It, which means it must be, which means.
Speaker 3: Truth definitely true if they made him delete it. So he said, I can't talk about what went down, but we were screwed over. The options were A not finish and air nothing and call it a loss. B just finish an air episode one and leave it incomplete. I'm gonna say, I think you should have just done that. It would gone down as one of the most legendary like why wasn't it finished?
Speaker 2: But at least we've got that done that and it leaves you the option to finish it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, and see run all four wat's and all out of respect for the hard work we chose. See. I appreciate the hard work. I want these animators to get paid. But like you say, do I think that if they had just released episode one on Max and everyone had gone, oh my god, this is so incredible, we want it and it got millions of views, or however they mysteriously and enigmatically judge success at streaming spaces. I think there is a world where you would have got to finish it at potentially that high level if production. I still wanted to work with you. I mean I literally watched that first episode with Oliver Ono, my artistic collaborator in Ohio, at like one in the morning on his massive, like seventy inch HDTV, and we were watching it and we were like, this is so unbelievable, Like our minds are blown. How did they do it?
Speaker 1: Man like?
Speaker 3: And to see an artist responding in that way, like I knew I was watching something that was very special, like it wasn't just my fandom of Ginginito. And I just think I feel really sad for the people who put in a lot of work, and especially because of the nature of the Internet, it was very easy for fans to quickly make, you know, comparative side by sides. And I also hope that this is a lesson to an exec somewhere whoever was the person who did this. I'm not gonna blame David Zaslav, but he is in charge. People care about animation and Warner Brothers has for many years. As Jason put it on a podcast, we will be guesting on Soon. They've been cleaning Marvel's clock, They've been cleaning everyone's clock. When it comes to making interesting animated programming, whether it's on Rick and Morty, whether it is uh DC movies that they're still releasing that people still go out and buy on DVD, whether it's Apocalypse or whether it is this first episode of Ozumaki. Don't lose that legacy because of cost cutting. And I think the episode two, I'm not looking forward to seeing episode three and four. Let's say that, because I think if that's the second episode, it probably only gets worse from here.
Speaker 2: Next up, your former Superman Henry cavill is joining the live action Vultron movie, coming to you on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: This is a mad Libs headline. I was like, sure, really is okay?
Speaker 2: Also starring in the live action Vultron is Daniel Quintoy, who is Tom Holland's understudy for Romeo and Julian in the West End.
Speaker 1: Mad Libs excited to see what this is. Big fan of Voltron when I was a kid.
Speaker 3: I'm interested that this is on Amazon because, if I'm not mistaken, the most recent and very beloved at comic cons and in Fantom spaces version of Voltron was the Netflix animated version that I think was maybe made by DreamWorks. But that is like an unbelievable show that completely recontextualized the fandom. So I find it interesting that Amazon's doing it. I'm guessing it's not going to have anything to do with that, even though I would assume that the IP is by the same person. But yeah, this will be interesting. I mean, I like giant robots and I love space. I'm like, what will Henry Carve will be doing. I don't know, because I feel like Vultron Like people who fly Vultrons and are in this are usually like kids. But maybe he's the boss of the Vaultrons. Please please put your critiques of how I just talked about Voltron in the x ray Vision Goggles channel, because I'm sure that you don't drive a Vultron. I'm sure there's like a correct way of talking about But yes, this is a very mad Libs headline. Did not see it coming, but sure will. I would love to see it, and Amazon has enough money to make a very pretty robot, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Up next Agathon.
Speaker 2: AGAs episode five, Darkest Our Week Ye Power are directed by Rachel Goldberg, written by Laura Monty. We open in the woods with various animals emerging from the mist and from the from the dewy grass and dirt, and from behind the trees a fox, a raven, a snake, and it's the Seven Witches. They turn into their human forums and they be in searching for.
Speaker 3: Very James, wandj.
Speaker 2: Lilia then wakes from a dream. They've all been napping on the road and she has apparently seen this arrival of the Seven, and she warns the coven that the Salem Seven are coming for revenge against Agatha because when she killed her original coven, apparently she spared the children. What a what a wonderful, magnanimous.
Speaker 3: Wow, she's so nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the children of the of the witches who she slayed, and now they are here in their help for blood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely not a mistake that we've seen happen in many I mean, like, that's like the Bride leaving a fox's kid dead and kill Bill one he make that movie, Quentin Tarantino.
Speaker 2: They're hot on the heels of our coven and so the gals plus teen need a way to flee, so they decide, okay, brooms and they pull up these roots that are huge roots from the trees that are kind.
Speaker 3: Of sounds like a very funny esthetic choice because it's definitely not your usual vision of a broomstick, but you know what, I'm into it.
Speaker 2: And after a bit of kind of cultural critique about why brooms fell out of favor with modern day, which they take to the air.
Speaker 3: Okay, important thing to note here, Billy gets a broom.
Speaker 1: Billy gets a broom.
Speaker 3: He and Alice, they do the little hex have to have that, and they give it. They trade you have to have the broom given to you. And he says, do I really get one? And she's as well, if you give one to me. So this is kind of a hint of where teen slash Billy's story is going to be going this episode, because remember he has only been seen as a familiar until this point. He hasn't gone to do any magic, so.
Speaker 1: No magic of his own until this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no magic of his own. And I love seeing them flying in the sky. They were all very invigorated. It's like very empowering for them.
Speaker 2: I love flying in front of this blood red moon, huge moon with the seven hot on their tails. But then the road. The magic of the road forces them back down to basically just above ground level, and the Witch of the Salem seven appears before them, but turns into a cloud of insects.
Speaker 1: They fly through the cloud.
Speaker 2: Of insects, ry and seeing the next trialhouse, this kind of spooky cabin in the woods up ahead, they rush inside and close the door and they are all transformed into basically like cast members of an eighties summer camp slasher film.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's a slasher movie. I was feeling very cater too here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very evil dead, very Friday the thirteenth, Yeah, very evil dead.
Speaker 3: And super producer Aaron did mention that we also get here one of the best Aubrey moments. I mean, when is she not the best? But as they go down towards the being taken down by the Witch's Road, she does this cackle that is like up there with the best witch's cackles that we've seen, and it is whoo so good.
Speaker 1: So they know they know.
Speaker 2: The deal by now where's the clue? They got to find the clue? Can the spell book help?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: The teen says teen, who recently showed that he has some magic in him, If you can run room and now all of a sudden like, oh, my Spellbook's gone. I must have lost it when we were flying. Let's put a pin in this. But I just want to say, on second watch, after yes, watching the entire thing, I now wonder if I believe him that he would have Oh.
Speaker 3: You don't even think he lost it. I like that read because I will say, Look, I'm a I'm a wonder apologist, and that makes me a Billy apologist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, Billy has a lot to be mad about. Yes, you are right if he is Billy Tea, you know, but.
Speaker 3: We'll know by the end of this step.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I will also say in the Billy theory camp, he is wearing Billy's clothes. He's basically wearing exactly the same Halloween costume we saw kid Billy wear in Wonder Vision. So they're really giving us some hints here. And yeah, I think you're right. I watched it again this morning, and I think he's lying. I think he has the spell book. I think he started to realize, and he really gets this kind of horrible realization by the end of the episode, but I think he started to realize that to survive the witch's road to survive this coven, even though yeah, you have to work together, you have to look out for yourself. And I think he started to realize that.
Speaker 2: So this is Agathu's trial, they realize, and they realize that she will have to communicate with the dead. And on cue, a wija board pops out of a little magazine holder and flops out onto the table, and the team goes in, takes out the Parker Brothers rule book and begins to read it down the various rules.
Speaker 1: Don't troll the dead, don't tease them.
Speaker 3: Can we put a pin in this? I gotta ask as an english person, right, yes, what is it with Americans and wigia boards? Because you can't just go into like a Woolworths in England and buy a wija board. You have to make that yourself. You cannot just that is not just like a kid's game in England, Like it has never been that way. I find it. It blows my mind every time I see it and Target and I just I really love that they use it here because I'm like, scare those kids. I'm like, don't be doing a wigia board, Like, just don't do it, guys And don't make it a kid.
Speaker 1: Is it a game?
Speaker 2: I think you know, we love our entertainment here in the States, and the after life is just another form of entertainment.
Speaker 3: Just another step to be another place to be entertained.
Speaker 2: So the team reads the rules and among them are don't make fun of the dead, don't talk about death, don't.
Speaker 3: Which is also very funny. Now we're kind of hearing these rumors about certain things. So that was a great line. I loved that.
Speaker 2: Let each other speak, don't talk over each other, which is going to be a problem for this group. And end every session, end every session with goodbye. And also never take your hands off of the plant chet because if you're in the middle of a phone call with the spirit and somebody takes their hand off, then the spirit is out loosed from the bottle and is just running around in the real world. Okay, so they start what spirit they wonder, we'll present themselves.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 2: Something appears to take over Agatha. She's like spinning her hair and and it's missus Hart it spells heart and and Agatha is speaking doing it is she speaking and.
Speaker 1: Through missus Hart voice?
Speaker 2: Or is an oppression She's talking about? Like how she's upset that she's dead and she had this very normal life and it was boring.
Speaker 3: And then we rude about her. That's when we know.
Speaker 1: She's like, I was drinking before noon.
Speaker 3: And then Jen's like, this is just Agatha.
Speaker 1: Agatha is just improving.
Speaker 3: She's just improving. And also I just want to say I love everyone in our discord who when it was spelling this out, did not think about missus Hart. They thought it said mister Sharp, and I love all of you because.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious, and mister speak to us.
Speaker 3: To us, and as as somebody you know teen, as Teen rightfully points out, another reason you know it's not missus Heart is because that's not her name. That's the name Agatha gave her. That's the name Wanda gave her. So it's just not her. It's not mister sh either. Sorry to that man, sadly not, it's not.
Speaker 2: John and what just needs to talk about it.
Speaker 3: He's got to talk about it. And also I want to say this is, I mean, we get so much great Katherine Hahn in this season, but this little performance she does here where she's Agatha pretending to be Missus Hart to trick the rest of her coven. This just shows how lucky they are to have Catherine Hahn like there. This whole episode is just a golden just just proof of why they lucked out with this casting and also hilarousy. I realize now, after watching many incredible videos of Aubrey plas are talking about living with Patti Lapoon, I now realized that Patty obviously just did this because she loves Aubrey. So I'm like a huge fan of this. The Aubrey was probably just like Patty, I want to do this, and Patty is like, yes, darling, you're on the stage now, and I will support you in whatever you want, including this Marvel TV show. Like, I absolutely love this, and I just think this cost is a blessing. But yes, Catherine Hahn, she's doing her best. Agatha's doing her best. Obviously. Agatha is actually terrified of speaking to the dead, and will realize there's a reason for that.
Speaker 2: So they started again, and now the punchet starts moving again and they ask who is there, and it spells out death, which they're not supposed to talk about. So this is a little bit of a gray area here. Death keeps spelling out punish p U n I s h p un as punished, pune punish.
Speaker 1: Who do you want punished? They ask Agatha.
Speaker 2: It spells out, but before it could really get to the final a and Aga, the Agatha is like.
Speaker 1: No, stop it, and she takes her hand off the plunch jet.
Speaker 3: I get that, come on, supposed to do that.
Speaker 1: You're not supposed to do that.
Speaker 2: And now the spirit is free. There's a lot of screaming. There's screeching of spirit Wailey, and there's chaos, and Jin gets the kind of spirit to kind of settle down by yelling, you know, punish Agatha this very serious way that sounds very sincere. And it seems like now the coven is discussing various ways that they could punish Agatha to fulfill the trial. And I think they're all like pretty excited about the.
Speaker 3: Proper like, wait a minute, this sounds we get to do this officially. This is like and I think that all kind of like, well, we know that she would do it to us, like if this is the only way to continue, like I.
Speaker 2: Guess we have to tire to a chair and make it happen, you know. Like so they start throwing around various ways, very violent ways, that they could punish Agatha. But then the lights But then the lights drop and Agatha has disappeared.
Speaker 1: Where is she? She's hanging on the ceiling like a ghoul.
Speaker 2: And then you get all these various incredible so much Farr references from the from excises to like, uh, it's kind of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh, Agatha or whatever is possessing Agatha is pallorous white with the wrinkled face, very exorcist like. She begins to strangle gen like hard strangling or lifting her.
Speaker 1: Feet off the ground. Uh.
Speaker 2: Lilya gets the lights back on, which stops the strangling. But now Agatha has disappeared again. And then a ghost appears. It is Evanorah Harkness, Agatha's mom. We just and mom is quite quite quite upset at Agatha and the coven for helping her unfaithful and treacherous daughter and to fix things. She tells the coven that they have to abandon Agatha and continue on the road by.
Speaker 1: Themselves, leave Agatha in the cabin so I can deal with her.
Speaker 3: She says, yeah, I want to say, sure, okay, is Agatha a villain?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: But as and I love that it's We start to get to see this relationship between Rio and Agatha. Here, Rio is like her mom tried to kill her, Like her mom is bad, Like Agatha just responded to that badness, you know, that that awfulness her mom. We hear her mom say you were evil ever since you were born. There's obviously like a she says she.
Speaker 1: Killed you when you were a baby, which is a terrible thing, horrible.
Speaker 3: Thing to say, awful thing to say. And Rio is obviously very very protective of Agatha. So we're getting more about that relationship. But yeah, it's I don't blame the coven for considering leaving her there, but Tine is actually very upset and Tin.
Speaker 2: Does not t wants everybody to stay together Agatha, for them to not leave her. But then mom possesses Agatha again, and it becomes quite violent when Alice then casts a Knight of wand's this kind of fiery spell.
Speaker 3: Which is unbelievable and we've never seen her do this, and suddenly.
Speaker 2: Now evanra Now we don't know if it's evanor controlling Agatha or Agatha or.
Speaker 3: Whiting gets I think gets Agatha.
Speaker 1: I think so I think it sadly might be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we see, we see Alice cost this power that kind of costs out evanor or seems to. And then, just like we saw Agatha do to Coven all those years ago, as she said, she can't steal your power unless you blast her with it, and so she begins to steal Alice's power and just suck the life out of her. And Catherine again just sells this so well. It's it's just heartbreaking the moment she gets that taste of power.
Speaker 1: Whoof uh so as this has had so Alice is having.
Speaker 2: Her energy drained by Agatha. And and as this is happening, Nick's trying to stop it. He sees that another spirit is like moving the planchet on the Wigia board and it appears.
Speaker 1: To be Nick Scratch who is trying to come through.
Speaker 3: Yes, so Nicholas Scratch seems to be coming through the board. And this is where we have to say sorry to those of you who thought that Teen was maybe Nicholas Scratch, because Teen says the name Nicholas Scratch, and seeing as he has the sigil on him, he wouldn't be able to say that if that was who he was.
Speaker 2: One other aspect of this confuses me, Does this mean that Nicholas Scratch is therefore not the cat and.
Speaker 3: Is dead like dead day, not the rabbit. Yes, that's not the rabbit.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's true.
Speaker 3: She may have been keeping the rabbit because she thought he was transmuted into an animal, but actually he really did die. That would be interesting. Or maybe he's in some kind of limbo. This could also, of course, be the spirit or the Salem Seven trying to you know, manipulate Agatha or you know, we're about to have this conversation about Teen in a couple of minutes. Perhaps this is something Teen did to help bring her back, because after he says the words Nicholas Scratch, we then hear a baby's voice saying like mom stop, like come back, kind of like what we heard at the end of Multiverse of Madness when Wanda's kids saw her, you know, trying to kill poor old America Chavez. So very interesting stuff, and that seems to break Agatha out of her magical power stealing. Now was she in some where she's still kind of in the trance of Evanorra. Could she control it? Unclear? She does actually seem kind of upset when she sees our I mean, she.
Speaker 1: Does, but she's also like, hey, let's give it.
Speaker 3: She's also like, let's keep it going, baby.
Speaker 1: She let's keep it going. So uh.
Speaker 2: The opening to the trial chamber flips down and Alice is there on the ground. She's drained of all her energy, she drained of her life for she looks terrible.
Speaker 1: She's dead.
Speaker 2: Tine is very, very, very angry, and he's trying to figure out, like, Jen, can you do anything. No, we use that spell. It's not work anymore, Lilia, There's got to be a way. No, there's no Sadly, she's gone. She's gone, and he turns on Agathy. He's like, you know, she died protecting you and you don't deserve it, Like how could you?
Speaker 1: Agatha leaves, She goes up the ladder and she leaves, and we.
Speaker 2: Realize as she gets outside that she has Alice's power sparm see the.
Speaker 3: And she and she smiles like she wanted that. She wanted that power, and Tene says to this is what you always wanted, right, this is what it was always about. It was always about power. Is that what being a witch is about? Like, I don't want that life, And in a very fateful choice, a very resigned Lilia and Jen come out, and they kind of say, actually, this is what it's about, like we're all here for power and we're depressed, but actually there's this is what it's about, like we want all power back, you know. And I think that was a terrible choice.
Speaker 1: So he rejects this.
Speaker 2: He says, well, I don't want any part of this if that's what it means to be a which I don't want it, and I think gets very intense. She comes up to him very close, and she puts two fingers under his chin in this kind of scratching motion, and she says, very intensely, very scarily, are you sure that you know? Being like, are you sure you don't want the power? That's not why you're hearing really, And then she says you're so much like your mother, which I took to mean you hate what you are, but you love what you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, exactly. You claim that you don't want the power and you don't want to be a villain, but look at what Wonda did in Westview.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tina is an emotional turmoil.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden we see his crackling of blue wickan colored energy, we should say, very very wicked coated energy.
Speaker 1: And Lily and Jen you see it in their eyes. He's got control of them.
Speaker 2: They grab Agatha under her arms and I was like, what she realizes Tina is doing this?
Speaker 1: She's like, wait, stop, stops up.
Speaker 2: They throw her into the swamp. She swinks, She sinks down and disappears. And then the teen does another gesture with his hand and with that same energy, throws Lilia and Jin into the swamp.
Speaker 1: They sink and disappear.
Speaker 3: He that was kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: That was crazy.
Speaker 2: And as the camera zooms out, Tina is wearing the Wickan. He's wearing a very specific kind of head dress helmet.
Speaker 3: Which they've nicely redesigned it.
Speaker 1: To look looks very much like Wanda.
Speaker 2: This is very nate and you have to wonder, now has he seized the power of the coven? And indeed was he behind this the whole time?
Speaker 4: Was this his plan?
Speaker 1: We must talk about this now, Rosie. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Well, so, I, as I said wickan apologist. Also, I want to say guys Ockham's raiser. Sometimes when it seems like it's an obvious reveal, the right answer is the most obvious answer, And of course now Marvel has confirmed that Billy is being played by Joe Locke, who's doing such a fantastic job and we love him. He is delightful. And also we got to say, as this moment happens, we get one of the top tier Marvel needle drops where they play Billie eilishes you should see me in a crown, and we really understand like ah, Billy ah, and uh yeah, we realize in this moment like, oh, he's the next He's the next one. So yeah. I think in pre pro we were kind of talking about like is Joelle was asking this, Aaron was asking this, like is Billy the big Bad of the show.
Speaker 1: I think, like we, I think big bed is the wrong way.
Speaker 3: I think big bad is the wrong way thing about it because he is dark side coded like so many of our favorite characters. But I would say, like we just saw Agatha kill one of the coven. I think Agatha is still your complex anti villain here where you sometimes are gonna side with her and you're sometimes gonna feel like she's villainous. But I do think that from now on we are going to see what Billy's real aims were, which I think are going down the road bring back his mom. And again, I think I brought this up last week, but one of our discord users did say they thought Billy put the sigil on himself so he would be able to get Agatha to do this without revealing who he was. And maybe in this moment his fury or his anger allowed him to kind of take over because we see him potentially like the lillan Jen's eyes go blue, so we see him kind of puppeting them, and I think that it's going to be very interesting to see where we go next. I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think that they're all dead. I have a slightly different take one. I do think to some extent, this is Billy's story and that he set this up. We open this cabin is about communing with the dead. Episode one is centered around, through the rules of a fake television show, a mysterious dead body that is his mother we can strongly assume, right, So I think this is all about him and who he was, who he's looking to communicate with and commune with.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 2: What did they say about the sigul? It can't be destroyed, it can only be it can be lifted it can only be destroyed when it's no longer needed. I think Agatha identifying Billy.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's yeah, because she says, you're so much like your mother, so she knows.
Speaker 2: I think it's a good point identifying him destroyed it and showed that it wasn't necessary anymore and allowed him to then be able to take his full power in that moment, because I think he was severely restrained with the sigil on him. Now, whether he placed it there in order to go under cover, so to speak, or whether she did it and doesn't remember, I don't know, but I think that it was that it was saying you're so much like your mother and basically saying I know he.
Speaker 3: I thinkly it happens immediately, really great. Cool. Also, I'm very interested to see how they explain Billy's existence because, as we know, Westview, Wonder just created the kids, right, and then she found out that in every other universe apart from her universe, she really did have the kids and they did exist. But Marvel seems to be moving away from the multiverse. I don't know if this is going to be a multiversal version. I think that somehow in the comics, obviously Wonder use like there was like a fragment of Mephisto's soul, so we could be getting back into the Mephisto agenda. But I think that this is the westview Billy, Like, I think this is going to be like a I think so Billy who remembers Wonder and that's how he knew Agatha, And I think that's going to be a really interesting wrinkle to kind of smooth out as the show goes.
Speaker 1: I agree, we're here and now warning for.
Speaker 2: You potential folks who haven't read comic books and aren't comic notes, here's some comic book bullshit. I agree with you, and I think that whatever comes next for Billy, whether it's in a television show that you know comes after this, or it's in a movie, or it's in whatever movie Mephisto does show up in, I think a lot of Billy's the conflict around Billy is going to be centered around.
Speaker 1: The fact that he shouldn't exist. He shouldn't be here. He doesn't.
Speaker 3: That makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: He's not of this realm and shouldn't exist here in the way that he does.
Speaker 1: Much like.
Speaker 2: Certain plot lines that happened in the comics in which it's revealed that the kids were total creations of Wanda and that they shouldn't be here and that their souls are stolen.
Speaker 1: Comic book.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm gonna throw out a different thing now. Look, I love Elizabeth Olsen. I believe and this is not different to you. It's just that a different version of what we've kind of been saying about. He's there to get his mom back. He loves Wonder. I wonder, not wonder, I wonder if actually he's there to get back Tommy and he actually wants rather back and instead, and then we end up with both of them with speed a Wickan in the world. We're setting up more of that Young Avengers. We have the fantastic Kate Bishop, we have the incredible Kamala Kahan. You know, we're in a space we obviously they're looking, I think, to make Elena some kind of mentor for them. We're in a space we did meet a version of Patriot, So maybe that's something we're going to get to return to. I would love to see if that was his will instead of Wonder, because look, I love Elizabeth Olson, and I want to reassure the discord some of the Discord members, some people online they're worried they're never going to bring back Elizabeth Olson. They are going to bring her back. Wonder never really dies. Nobody dies in comics except for Uncle Ben. So I think that TV wise, if we're talking about what feels realistic, I think that him going for his brother than his mother, who is obviously massive superstar and we're not sure when she's gonna come back, would be more akin to like the relative scope of this show, and I think it could also be very emotional and quite a good twist. I will also say something that we have noticed while watching the show, is they the way that the credits are spaced out. It does seem like there are two spots where they will add two more credits as things are revealed. So I could say we're gonna probably get two more big reveals, or at least two more reveals. Has characters, Thomas, could you be one of them? I hope Nicholas also, just want to throw out there, very interesting to see if and when Nicholas comes back. Will it be old Nicholas who was working with the Salem seven, Will it be young Nicholas as Agatha remembers him. We don't know when she gave him up to get the Dark Hold. We don't know where he's been, and I'm very in trusted. You know, maybe Billy already knew that name. Maybe he's in khoots with Nicholas. You know, you never know. Also, Jason, what are the odds that we will get People love Billy? They love him. He's a gay icon, He's a queer babe in the Marvel universe. We did see a moment where he looked at his phone and said it was his boyfriend. Do you think we're gonna get a Hulkling reveal mention moment in this season? Like you don't think?
Speaker 2: I don't think we get it in this show. No, I think we get it in something else. But I don't think we get it in the show.
Speaker 3: Because it's a big reveal that would be like a good one for another show.
Speaker 1: I agree, What a fun episode.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see how they land this one on the next couple of episodes of X ray Vision. Folks, we're ramping it up. We're in we're going into the factory and production is ramping and we're we're pulling down on that big lever that says speedier like fast, quicker, more, and we're pumping out more episodes. Wednesday, Aaron and Abou are recapping episodes one through three.
Speaker 1: Of Arcane season one.
Speaker 2: On Thursday, Rosie and Joel are going to talk about horror with comic book writer Inscha Fitzpatrick.
Speaker 1: That's it for this episode. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Bye x ray Vision is hosted by Jason Kisupsion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcasts. Our executive producers are Joelle Smith and Aaron Kaufman. Our supervising producer is a Boo Zafar. Our producers are Carmen Laurent and Mia Taylor. Our theme song is by Brian Basquez.
Speaker 3: Special thanks to Soul Rubin and Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi on Disco Moderata