Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast pop Culture Seene six, episode fifteen, The Vineyard Valentine. I'm joined by my trapid crew, Terra soup suitsan in French Amy Sugarman.
Speaker 3: Hello, ladies, we've recovered from the pooper ness of the episode and now we're gonna have a good time with the cultures.
Speaker 1: Maybe sorry, Oh god, I think I hope that. Yeah, Martha's Vineyard Chamber of Commerce doesn't launch a lawsuit.
Speaker 2: Against Seriously, it's not though it would be the malawboot. Literally. I was like, can we just go to nobu, Like, what's happening? This is Malibu. I'll take you to the country Mark or Avia a nation like we're in Malibu.
Speaker 1: A Zetiko band shows up at the end for an audition for Luke and Laureli's wedding. Laura. I thought it might be festive and funny. I was going to audition them and the Dixie Land Combo and la led Zeppe again.
Speaker 2: I think it was led Zeppe again.
Speaker 1: Again, Zepp again. Laurli a led Zeppelin cover band, led Zeppelin is a legendary rock band who sold over three hundred million records worldwide, and we're inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in nineteen ninety five. Did you know? Frau Ava von Zeppelin, a direct descendative count Ferdinand von Zeppelin, was upset over what she believed to be dishonoring the family name by the band. She demanded the group changed their name. Got their wish on Fbruary twenty eight, nineteen seventy, when the band performed as the Knobs in No Way. After the performance, they went back to their.
Speaker 2: Name No Way, that's contimate. Who is your favorite cover band, like led Zepp again, like super Diamond or not rock?
Speaker 1: I don't know of cover band.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they're they're actually kind of the best, Like really yeah, there's a million of them. I can't think of more right now, but like that's always a good time. That's a like there was a I think I.
Speaker 1: Probably formed one and was in one without even knowing it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there was a Fleetwood Mac. Seriously true, there was a Fleetwood Mac cover band that played like in my town. I wish I could remember the name, like, and they always kind of have a like funny name where it's not the band name, but it's like sort of closed.
Speaker 1: So I actually saw led Zeppelin live early seventies at the Spectrum in Philadelphia when they called the Spectrum. So the Flyers played hockey and the Sixers played basketball, and it was so and Jimmy Page's guitar player had caught his fingers on his playing hand in a train door and broke I think his pinky and his ring finger on his playing hand, so he only he had him all strapped up and he could only play with his first two fingers. And it was so loud that you could not hear the music. It was just like this, whoa. Yeah, you could still kind of make out the songs. But I've never heard anything so loud. I've never gotten such a contact high in my life from all of the marijuana smoke in that venue. Because you didn't need to bring anything in yourself, you could just get a contact high. It was like it was like you're walking into a cannon container and it's like it's burning and it's The hearing in my left ear kind of went south from that day on. No, Yeah, it was that loud. It was so loud. You couldn't hear the music. Oh, yes, yeah, they didn't mess around back then, they didn't mess around. They played loud. They turned it up to eleven, as they say in spinal tap. Anyway, on to the next.
Speaker 2: Rian Logan's apartment. Rory is up earlier than Logan.
Speaker 4: Why are you up?
Speaker 2: It's eleven o four? The whole world is up. Keith Richards isn't up. Pete Doherty isn't up. Keith Richards is a guitarist for the legendary band The Rolling Stones, which has a cover band called Sticky Fingers. Anyway. Pete Doherty is a singer songwriter in front man of the band The Libertines. I thought Pete Doherty was the who? Am I an idiot?
Speaker 1: No, Pete Doherty is not the who. That's Pete Townsend.
Speaker 2: Oh, Pete Townsend. Okay, Logan is naming off rock and roll musicians who wouldn't be up at eleven, assuming they were out partying all night. Pete Doherty famously dated Kate Moss from two thousand and five to two thousand and seven. No way did you know? In the seventies, Keith Richard said he was once awake for nine straight days during his most drug fueled era. That is very.
Speaker 5: Unhom Luke and laurel I arrive at Martha's vineyard and Logan meets Luke for the first time. Logan says, welcome, and this month's be Luke. They've met, that's what I Yep, they've met.
Speaker 2: They met at the re wedding because Luke. They didn't become chummy, but they because Christopher, Lorelei, and Luke all go into the room when Rory and Logan are making out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were all at Rory's birthday party too.
Speaker 5: Oh that's right, the birthday birthday.
Speaker 2: That's right. That is so dumb.
Speaker 5: Welcome, this must be unless it's supposed to be, Like, unless it's supposed to be Logan acting lego.
Speaker 4: I've never met him before.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but it's weird. He definitely has met him twice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, Well, Logan says, welcome, this must be Luke. Lurlai says, oh, no, I dumped Luke. This is clem. I picked him up at a truck stop on ninety five. We were at the register paying for blue plates, and our hands reached for the same Dixie Chicks cassette.
Speaker 1: Oh my God.
Speaker 5: The Dixie Chicks are now known as the Chicks, and their biggest hit feature was Wide Open Spaces, Cowboy, Take Me Away, and Ready to Run. Laura is naving off a country band as she's heading to Martha's vineyard, and sadly, just on December twenty second, one of the founding members of the Chicks, Laura Lynch, died in a car crash.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's terrible and hard to have a fun story about the Chicks.
Speaker 1: To never saw them. Did you see them?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen them live many times, many times, and for some reason, that song Goodbye Earl, I just cry every time. Even though it's kind of like supposed to be a sarcastic, sort of funny song, it makes me cry.
Speaker 6: But yeah, they were so huge and the I mean they were stelling out not quite stadiums, but definitely like, yeah, Staples Center type venues.
Speaker 4: Okay, Rory is cooking in the kitchen and Laurel I is surprised, as were we all. You've not worn an apron since you saw the sound of music, and you put one on so you'd look like sister Maria, and you made a big crucifix out of popsicle sticks. The Sound of Music is a musical from nineteen sixty five starring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer. Laura is reacting to Rory putting on an apron and mentions the only time she wore one was when she saw the Sound of Music? Did you know that? Julie Andrews saying super califragilistic xpialidocius to the children in the cast to entertain them between shooting. Since Mary Poppins hadn't yet been released, they made up the song just for them.
Speaker 2: Did I already tell you guys that I saw Julie Andrews at this store in Brentwood right Christmas? Oh my god, I almost fainted. So I was literally on a work call. So I was standing outside the store and it's the store on Sambasani and Brentwood. It's like a home store, like you know, like you get faces and Christmas decorations and like it's a super cute store. Anyway, So I'm standing out there on a call and all of a sudden, I see her and I'm like beside myself, like that literally is on this work hall and I'm like I'm sorry, like like I just was completely so. Then she's buying all these gifts. I mean I think she's ninety. She's super like cruising around picking out all the gifts. Then she leaves and I literally said to the woman and I shop there a lot, but not as much as Juliandrews obviously, and I'm like, that's like seeing the president. It was literally like walking in and Barack Obama being there because I was just like I can't function. I could not deal, Like I was like literally like royalty. It was so insane. I just didn't know what to do other than just call my mom, like I just bought my stuff and was like, yeah, so I just.
Speaker 1: Saw here's the move. Here's the move with Julie Andrews. You go up to her, you stand in front of her, and you just start belting out the hills of hell, the sound of You do that until security takes you.
Speaker 2: You can just say dough a dear, deep, a drop of gold.
Speaker 7: And some or.
Speaker 5: The holidays rain drops on.
Speaker 1: I was like, next time, look, anybody runs into Julianws, you got to sing at her.
Speaker 2: Scott, I think it's you.
Speaker 1: Oh it's me. Oh, I get Rory is giving Laurel I a task while cooking dinner, Rory handing her the big knife. We'll be very careful, please, Larela. I. I am Mario Batali and Nina Garton's love child, Mario Batali's celebrity chef who's well known from his Food Network show Molto Mario uh Indergarten is a celebrity chef best known for her show Barefoot Contessa. Laurel I is poking fun at her own cooking skills by naming off two celebrity chefs. Did you know Ina Garten is also a pilot. Well, her husband was deployed in Vietnam. She attended flight school and it got her license or flying license. I happened to be a bit of a chef myself. I wouldn't I wouldn't put myself in their category.
Speaker 2: Oh I am not a sht.
Speaker 1: But I can make a pretty mean salmon.
Speaker 2: Will you own a diner?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: You should be able to cook? Dude?
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Luke and lorliar talking this. I'm glad I got this one. Luke and Lareli are talking after having breakfast in bed. That must have been Harvey's beach last time. I was at the beach. I was like eighteen. This was actually a very cute moment. I was there when I was a kid. I used to go with my friend Trish and her family. It had that snackstand where the cute boy worked. Remember he looked like Emilio Estevez. The thing that was so cute about this is you say, like, I went there, maybe we saw each other, and she says something like, well, but no, because I would have. I would have noticed you, kind of a thing like I would have been distracted that.
Speaker 1: But it fet longing that magic, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was that was cute. Emilio westaves And is an actor and son of Martin Sheen, brother of Charlie Sheen. Estevus started his acting career in the eighties and was part of the Brat Pack. He kept the name Esteves, where Charlie and Martin changed their names. Laura, I is naming a celebrity crush she had in the eighties. Did you know Estevez is Emilio Martin and Charlie's birth name. We do, because I just said that. Amelia also chose to keep his birth name in hopes of not writing his father's coattails. The standouts for me Breakfast Club? Obviously. I love Amelia Westives in Breakfast Club. He was in Mighty Ducks, right, Tara, Oh yeah, I think so? Who let me just Emelia Westavez I think was the original Young Guns in Young Young Guns. Yeah, he was in Mighty Ducks. I think the TV show too. He was the original Mighty Is that right? And then he was replaced by Josh smel right, yes, yes, yes? What else do I love Amelia Westaves.
Speaker 1: In many many things?
Speaker 2: Fire? Oh say now most fire?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. But for me, the standout will always be Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: And that, as they say, is that, ladies and gentlemen. That brings us to the end of another edifying and entertaining pop culture episode. Thank you ladies. Anyway, everybody, best fans on the planet. Gets your tickets to the live show at the iHeart Theater on January. Go to our Instagram page our I Am All In podcast Instagram page for the link to get live show tickets and we'll hope to see you all there. All right, all the best best fans on the planet.
Speaker 7: Much love, stay safe, why
Speaker 1: Everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am All in podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.