Speaker 1: I leave the I you wanta way back home? Either way we want to be there, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and a terminol and gay. We want to send you off instile. You wanna welcome you back home? Tell us all about it. We scared or was it fine? Malcorn? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do your need you ride? Ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need with Karen and Chris welcome to Do you need to ride? This is Chris Fairbanks and this is Karen jel Gareff. So you're saying and you don't like my eyeglasses chain, Well it's.
Speaker 3: Really negative and perhaps a bit of an assault on you. But yeah, that's the honest truth.
Speaker 2: But not necessarily on anyone else. I'm not hurting anyone else.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It depends on if you get those hooked around someone else's glasses, right and pull them to the ground like braces.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are functionally something I've wanted and I wasn't going to get like a handball, uh, polypropyle and croaky uh huh uh. If any of those were to right, But it is the minute I put in on my glasses. It's essentially a gold chain, so I can take off my glasses, not shove them in my pocket. But yes, I feel very uncomfortable. I want to take it off because I feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Now, did you not feel uncomfortable until I very casually just said no to you?
Speaker 1: The second aside?
Speaker 2: No, it was just a light reinforcement of discomfort that already was very prevalent. But it really is nice once I take them off and they're just dangling where I need them. See, that's great.
Speaker 3: Well, I think this might be a great exercise where you can figure out if you need the world's approval or even mine or anybody's, or if you just want to do what you want to do skateboarder style.
Speaker 2: Right, And that is what I decided I wanted. But I do value your opinion over the general world. Passer advise, well.
Speaker 1: I should take that into account and behave accordingly.
Speaker 2: I want your blunt and honest truth, and I asked for it and I got it before you. And the funny thing is I knew what you're I knew what it was, which means I knew they were ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Look, they're just incredibly shiny, So it looks like you're in an eighties TV show on Netflix about and you're the school secretary. Yeah, but clearly these eighty clothes eighties clothes have been bought recently.
Speaker 2: I have been because we've always heard Golden Girls it's good. But I have watched back to back. I did not know how good it was and how well written it was. And when they zoom in on a stell Gatty during one of her they just do a slow zoom on her face when she's talking about Sicily, and she always has one of these eyeglass chains, and there's that. I've just recently been fitted for a bowling ball, and I'm also going to get shoes. I think I'm at an age where a lot of men have like a midlife crisis and they buy a corvette or something. So I'm going the other way, which way into retirement. I don't know, it's just a phase though. I think I'll snap out of it.
Speaker 3: Or maybe you're just testing the bounds of reality since everything is so kind of nasty and surreal that you know it does it doesn't really matter. My opinion, doesn't matter what you want to do matters, and that's what everyone should be thinking and.
Speaker 2: Acting like, well, I don't want to say you didn't hurt my feelings. I wanted your opinion. I knew what it would be. I got it, and I agree.
Speaker 1: It's similar to Chris, if we could discuss.
Speaker 2: This, yes, please, let's bring it all out in the open.
Speaker 3: When you were growing your hair out and it was like last summer for the summer.
Speaker 2: Before worked ridiculous.
Speaker 3: But you also at one point got crazy tan. Remember you went and did something for an extended period of.
Speaker 2: Alling without sunscreen, Yeah, and you were like, please put on sunscreen.
Speaker 3: You showed up to a party at my house and I literally was like, whoever the fuck this guy is, we need to get him out of here right now. And then I'm like, it's fucking fair base.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: I remember how you were looking at me at that party like you didn't know me.
Speaker 1: I didn't because you were legit for shades darker in your tan base than I've ever seen you.
Speaker 2: And much like when you're wearing an ugly sweater and everyone says, hey, I like that sweater, it's because people in a panic want to support you and that's what they were doing with my Cara top hair and my face tinting.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing too, I feel like, with your background, your range of interests, your personality, when people see you, for the most part, they see you as the kind of person that is fashion forward, that's paying attention to things like that, that doesn't really give a shit about what other people think, and will wear like that awesome sweater you wore for your like Conan set, which people raved about to this day.
Speaker 2: Even if they thought it was ugly.
Speaker 1: But it's not ugly.
Speaker 3: It's just like interesting, and you're not afraid to be interesting and kind of walk up and be like walk up and be like, you know, what do you think? And then I'm the kind of person that's not afraid to when you walk up and say what do you think?
Speaker 1: Right, say I really don't like that.
Speaker 2: Right, That's why I want your opinion. Okay, you're not going to beat around the old bush.
Speaker 1: And I also know it doesn't matter that much, Like I'm not trying to crush your soul, right.
Speaker 3: I literally just don't want you to be bullied at school, which you're not going to be right.
Speaker 2: Right, because I haven't been I haven't been going to any wait what wait what I.
Speaker 1: Don't I don't go to any classes.
Speaker 2: No, no, I've been skipping school for years now. You've didn't know this.
Speaker 1: We agreed that you would get geometry taken care of.
Speaker 2: This is a reoccurring nightmare. I know. I've talked about it where I've forgotten and I do have to go back to school. Yeah, and I still have those dreams.
Speaker 1: I just recently had.
Speaker 3: My stress dream is that I'm in a play and I find out as they're trying to push me on stage and I'm trying to explain I haven't memois my lines and everyone's like, oh, it's opening night, and recently, and I've been having this dream since I was a teenager.
Speaker 2: It's the same dream, not being prepared.
Speaker 1: It's the same exact dream.
Speaker 3: It's just more the thing that viscerally gets you, you know what I mean? Or like, I wouldn't care if I'm at school and I don't know anything because I'm like whatever, I've kind of never known anything. But for a play, it's there's like a status element involved in like an exposure or whatever, and easier fucking people exactly, I'm irresponsible, what I due to myself, is now being done to other people whatever. Recently, I had the back end of that dream where the play was wrapping up and I was being lauded from my performance.
Speaker 1: Can you believe that shit?
Speaker 2: Like and I lauded. I'm not sure what that means.
Speaker 1: Like reviewed lauded means like it's the back half of like applauded, where it's like it's a it's positive review.
Speaker 3: Oh that you're being congratulated. So it's essentially coming off stage, it's a it's basically some part of my brain went, we don't need to do this to you anymore. And it's so it was essentially like, here's your you got good reviews.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you. This person is saving my ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got good.
Speaker 3: Reviews, and everything worked out and you no longer earned trouble for being in this play.
Speaker 1: You are now good at the play.
Speaker 2: That's your brain lighting you off the hook everything your brain started in the first place.
Speaker 1: It meant a lot to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, it is like suddenly you are not Like it would be the equivalent of you graduating at that same school.
Speaker 2: Yeah and doing that piano concert in front of the entire assembly, right, I don't know why, but that's usually the situation. I imagine, did you.
Speaker 1: Do a real piano concert that you didn't do well?
Speaker 2: I grew up with a piano outside my bedroom door, and I never once touched it, maybe with a hammer when I was a child.
Speaker 1: How long was the hallway outside your bedroom door?
Speaker 2: Oh? It was more of an entire living room. Got you right outside the door, and there was a piano there, and I always felt I should have learned to play it. And when I imagined impressing people going back to school to reunions, it was a piano concert and I never followed through with any of the steps. To this day, I wish I could be at a party and be the one that just you know, Dudley Moore sits at the piano and.
Speaker 1: Starts playing can you imagine the best? Or Kelsey Grammar or Zach Alfannakis Zach.
Speaker 2: And I've also been bowling a lot.
Speaker 1: Where do you go bowling?
Speaker 2: There's a lot of these bowling alleys are going for the black light dance club vibe where you can't see the arrows on the lane, and I don't like that, So I've been going to where the old school everyone's throwing strikes violently, and there's a guy there, there's a pro shop. I'm like, I'm interested in buying a ball, and I need to see you roll a few. And so he brought all these balls out and it's like, how do you throw? I'm like, with these two fingers, I leave my thumb out and I like to curve it. And so he brought me those balls and then I was like, okay, I want to buy a ball. At the end of the day. He's like, no, I need to see you roll. He's like, mister Miyagi. He wanted to see me use all the balls. I'm not quite ready, and I'm like, really, I want to. He did not want to make a sale. He wants to make sure I get the ball. I have to go back Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Maybe he just wants to hang out.
Speaker 2: He was great. Yeah, he was like a young bowling prodigy. He's grown his hair out and now he runs a pro shop because there's no good retirement program for professional sports. And he taught me a lot. He supported my style. Oh my throwing style.
Speaker 1: Oh oh it was a dig.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: It makes me happy genuinely to hear you say this, because Pickwick Lanes closed that was right around the corner from here.
Speaker 1: And that bummed me out because we used to go.
Speaker 3: I love bowling, but I don't go as often as I should, and I certainly don't go as often as someone who loves bowling should. But it killed me to find out that they closed Pickwick Lanes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that they were on my radar because they also have a pro shop where you can buy balls or used balls, and they have a guy that's like drills the holes for you. But this guy, he really I'm not ready to make a decision. I need to see you throw more. And it was just funny. I appreciate his care. Let's go bowling.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, I will definitely go bowling. Uh.
Speaker 3: When you as a person who loves to do activities, yes, when you start doing an activity like suddenly you love bowling, does that mean you're pairing back on golf? Does that mean that you are preparing for winter golf?
Speaker 2: This is like a time management situation. And I, yeah, I have been golfing a little less because I've reached a point where I've predictably am more consistent. I'm like, okay, I don't need to practice as much okay, but yes, I am more committed to golf.
Speaker 3: And then does skateboarding suffer a few bowl Yes, it does, it does.
Speaker 1: Can you bring your board and do it in the mark?
Speaker 2: You won't when you're done, there's too much oil on the lanes. Yeah, they really frown upon it. I do like multitasking, but they will not let me skateboard at the bowling alley.
Speaker 1: You can't in any way shred inside the bowling alley.
Speaker 2: I can wear skate styles. I did order a shoe that might be from a distance confused for skate shoe. That's how I kind of keep it in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but you're right.
Speaker 2: I'm like, how am I going to jug all these leisure activities?
Speaker 1: I think it's great.
Speaker 3: It's like you're, in many ways, including the glasses holders, you are moving into retirement.
Speaker 2: I am, it's just a brief. I might start working again, you don't know. Yeah, I have some gigs coming up.
Speaker 1: How is your strike?
Speaker 2: By the way, it is, I have not picketed yet. Yeah, and I feel guilty about that. Sure, Yeah. Yeah, it's just so hot outcare.
Speaker 1: It's so hot. I feel guilty.
Speaker 3: And I have a full time job that prevents me from picketing, and when my friend and John Levenstein legendary, legendary sitcom writer Twitter friend, twitter friend, a sitcom writer who was the reason you think arrested development is funny. Yes, in my opinion, all those lines that were written for.
Speaker 1: What is her name?
Speaker 2: With the mother the from play Misty for me, I'm forgetting her name?
Speaker 3: Uh, Lucille Blue, thank you Annally Playmusy for me?
Speaker 1: Very different. It's those that's all John Levenstein.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, I don't have that for a fact.
Speaker 3: There's other writers that probably would work on there and go what the fuck are you talking about? But it's it's John Levenstein's tone, and that is what he's like, and he's so fun to work.
Speaker 1: I worked at Baskets with him. Anyhow. He called me the day before the first day of striking and was like, come on you and me nine am tomorrow at like Radford, And I'm like, I have a job.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: I don't get to get out of my job because of this, I'm doing a different I pivoted. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I felt really bad because he goes, oh, there's six am strikes.
Speaker 1: You could be going to and I'm like, fuck, god damn it.
Speaker 2: Oh if if heat was the issue, no.
Speaker 1: Of having a job nine to five an issue, I can just go before my nine to five job, which is like, sorry, I truly don't have a bandwidth like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah I should. I really don't have an excuse.
Speaker 1: Will you do it the bowling?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's I'm doing non union bowling.
Speaker 1: We're going to be coming up on the abandoned piccklic lanes.
Speaker 2: Oh. A moment of silence, which is always great for podcasting.
Speaker 1: That's why no one talks about death on podcasting. There it is un No, that's a graduation.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I have never been there. And it's done. Huh, it's done. Oh it's such a nice Oh. No, one's going to take care of those ivs got Yeah, it's funny. The I did want to be silent as we went past. It isn't that once once you say it out loud, there is something to be said for I guess I'm more superstitious than I've let on. Because there was a snowboard camp in Oregon where there was on the way to Portland or to the beach, there was a stretch of road that was walls of rock on each side, and there was all these stories about terrible things happening if you spoke while going through this. I can't remember the solitude chamber, I can't remember what it was called. And we'd be on a bus of snowboarders and everyone would be silent. Now I expected one kid to be punk rock and yell, but everyone was paranoid. Everyone believed in this thing.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And I was very impressed by that because it's all young, crazy snowboarder kids. Yeah, let's respect the gods of this walled tradition?
Speaker 3: Is that the one that I feel like I've driven through that because my exes from up there. Yeah, and it's because the crew that blew the dynamite through that rock like a bunch of uh, I don't know, is that miners. Yeah, they got killed because of it or something along those lines, most.
Speaker 2: Of them under eighteen. I think I think that you're right.
Speaker 1: That is I get it.
Speaker 2: I think that's exactly what it was. That was the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: There was a mass death as opposed to you don't have to respect a bowling.
Speaker 2: Out the right, right, you don't have to nothing terrible happened there. Yeah, I have to get my reasons straight. It's just a closed business.
Speaker 1: It's not. No one lost their life fingers crossed.
Speaker 2: But livelihoods. Think of the pro shop that that that was his last thing so in his career.
Speaker 1: Just tragic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a moment of silence for that is what I meant.
Speaker 1: Are you worried about global warming? That was my Jimmy Glick transition.
Speaker 2: That when we when someone said there's going to be a hurricane here, and this was a couple of weeks ago. But uh, I was like, it's just going to rain, and that's really what it did where I live. But when at the very beginning of it, when it's like, okay, the hurricane starts now and there was an earthquake, Yeah, I was like, okay, this is all connected. This is thanks a lot Al Gore right, Yes, for sure, but I don't know if they were connected. But man, it was a scary day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: I didn't go out. Were you out in it? Did you?
Speaker 1: I stayed in Pedlama because of the news of it, so I was just up. I stayed up.
Speaker 3: I went up for my sister's birthday at the beginning of the month, and then that rolled around and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't have to go home. Oh there's the dogs are with me. There's no reason.
Speaker 3: And so Brandy was like, hey, do you want me to go like put your this umbrellas? You want me to put them down on the ground, like if something crazy happens where I'm like, oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Oh that those would have blown into the canyon.
Speaker 1: Or into the windows or whatever.
Speaker 2: But someone's teeth.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's so many things into the pool, but none, None of that happened. But it was that kind of like what what are How do we prepare for a thing that no one has any experience with.
Speaker 2: I even did a little Uh. I went and got stockpiled some things. Oh good, I got some toilet paper and water.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's all I got.
Speaker 1: You were just gonna drink your way out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, But I did not expect. I thought I'd be like, ah, this isn't happening. And I've sat in my living room trembling all day.
Speaker 1: It's so scary, like it's just a whole knew.
Speaker 3: We know the scary weather things, we know, we're familiar with the parameters of those things that come up.
Speaker 1: That hurricane is brand new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I thought it was something I only would worry about in Venice, where and I've experienced this. The beach is uphill from where I lived. Venice should not been put on that marsh land that I mean the ground there is the same as in Marina del Rey, where there's like a bird conservatory. That's the wrong word conservatorship. A lot of these birds they have to get their money from their parents. If you're on a bike and you go towards the beach, you're riding uphill for that six blocks from where I used to live, and then downhill to get home. So if water got over that beach, it terrifies me. And my goal is always to take the elevator to the top floor of the Hilton where there's a helicopter bad I really didn't have a plan in Echo Park, I uh, and I am on a hill, and then I started to think, what if the house that was made in the twenties became some wild ride. I mean, it could have happened.
Speaker 3: We've seen so many bad hurricanes from the East Coast and stuff that's happened in Florida currently.
Speaker 1: Those last there's one right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there's also that one from like six or eight months ago.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: There's just the most hilarious clip of Dysanti's at a press conference today that people are kind of like commenting on on TikTok and like his robot smile yes, and he's standing behind there's a guy giving the report of like, here's what's happening. And then there's a guy from the army on one side and Dysantis on the other and DeSantis looks like he's pouting, and the guy, it's this redheaded guy that's so funny on TikTok and he's like, this guy hates Florida so much he thought he was going to use it as a stepping stone and then become the president.
Speaker 1: That's not where can out And now he realizes he has three years.
Speaker 3: Of hurricanes ahead of him that he is not into and doesn't want to deal with. And you, it's the funniest you.
Speaker 1: I'll send you the Yeah. I have to see the look on his face. He's just like he's just like sulking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's really bad at not showing the emotion on his face. There's a list of other things he's bad at human wise, but boy, he does not have a poker face.
Speaker 1: He is a poudy fascist for sure, there's no denying it.
Speaker 2: I would lay down my cards and take all his money. I don't know how to play poker. I really have no idea.
Speaker 3: The idea that he got into a legal fight with Disney and then basically went, yeah, we don't. I don't want to do this anymore, and Disney's like, oh, we're doing it. Like he thought he was going to like fuck around with Disney of.
Speaker 2: Almost the Disney thing again.
Speaker 1: He basically said if Disney does like anything that's pro LGBTQ, that they can't do business in Florida.
Speaker 3: And he tried to do something, and of course Disney's lawyers are like oh yeah, and then they just turned.
Speaker 1: Around in like lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit against the state, and Destance is just like, yeah, we don't have to argue about this anymore.
Speaker 3: Like literally saying it as if like and that's going to call off Disney lawyers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's like Trump behavior.
Speaker 1: It's wild. It's it's so dumb and crazy.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, I uh, I just I'm amazed at the clip I've seen of him trying to smile. People have put that against the first time in T two, your favorite movie, where Edward Furlong's trying to teach Schwartzenegger how to smile, and they like put those together. That was a That was a TikTok. I enjoyed quite a bit. He does have a robatic robotic it's robatic. It's acrobatic.
Speaker 1: I genuinely feel like the what is this called?
Speaker 3: I was going to say, cgi the navigation, Yes, thank you. The navigation has given us the longest way to get to where we're about to go. We could have been on the one thirty four this whole time.
Speaker 2: Well maybe safety this car is a safety savvy Maybe this is the safest route.
Speaker 1: It is safety savvy. This is a.
Speaker 2: Safety savvy car. I find that without navigation, I've been doing that to myself, you know, as a way to swallow up some of this leisure time. Just get lost, see if I can find my way alone. And it's funny because we're all rusty at it. I don't think anyone like give yourself a few days where you're like not going to use navigation and you have to go out of Huntington Beach or something. Wow, I just do it. You just there's a there's a nautical sensibility that just kicks in.
Speaker 1: Do you think you know north, south, east west by sight?
Speaker 2: I never do. And when someone says when you're visiting a town and someone's like, oh, just go downtown and then go north and you'll find the comedy club, I'm like, I don't have a Rambo knife with a compass in the stock Who has a compass? And then I realize they are equipped on all iPhones. But that's again, everyone just thinks you pull out your phone. I want to be like David Tell and just have a flip phone with alphanumeric buttons.
Speaker 3: I had no idea. Well, yeah, I had no idea there was a compass on the iPhone. But also I wouldn't know. Orienting north in and of itself is a thing that no one's ever shown me how to do.
Speaker 2: Yes, And it's hard in the city because you would think the coast is west and it runs north, but no, there's so many ethnicity. No, it's all of a sudden, you could be going south and you're on the coast because there's these nooks and there.
Speaker 1: It's filled with nooks and they are.
Speaker 2: Around the corner from that nook, there of course will be a cranny. So you're going you will drive in all directions when going basically.
Speaker 1: North on read that out loud, Please.
Speaker 2: Your tax dollars at work. Nohead slow for the cone zone. It is slow for the cone zone.
Speaker 1: I stopped on the freeway to make Chris read that loud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we we almost. Well, you can slow for this. Slow for the reading of the slow for the cone zone sign.
Speaker 1: Slow for the cone zone.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Someone got together and said that has a nice cadence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that was a meeting.
Speaker 3: Wells man, check out the cone zone up there with all those fire trucks.
Speaker 2: We should slow for it. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, and oh and cops, cops and fire. What's happening? They're blocking off the freeway.
Speaker 2: We should get off circle and approach this from a southwest or the boy. I really don't know. I don't know what direction we're going right.
Speaker 1: Now from a lefterly angle.
Speaker 2: If I were to guess right now, we are going northeast. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 1: My guess is east, Dowe East.
Speaker 2: I almost said do east.
Speaker 3: I think I don't think but north is possible. But I'm just thinking of when I look at maps going toward.
Speaker 1: Glenn Dala's right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, just a right. Yeah, that is a loophole actually knowing the geography.
Speaker 1: On boys and girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's at a corner. There's a lot of civilians hanging out giving it unsolicited advice.
Speaker 1: Here's here's what I think you should do first. That's that guy in the hat. Oh.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine having to be polite to them.
Speaker 3: Thank you, sir, thanks for the suggestion. But that didn't look fire related. It looked like emergency. What would the emergency be.
Speaker 2: I do want to go check it out, but we do have a guest to pick up.
Speaker 1: We have a guest that's literally waiting for us.
Speaker 2: As we Okay, we don't have time to do our way fired help volunteer work.
Speaker 3: Depending on how how close she lives, maybe we can come back. We can bring her by. We can say, hey, we wanted to show you this emergency, yeah, and then pretend yeah.
Speaker 2: We'll just peruse the chalk outlines or whatever it's left over.
Speaker 1: We'll park and then we'll go talk to those.
Speaker 2: Have you gotten a letter on your door about the possible street construction on your street. What do you mean I saw chalk lines. I think they're about to dig up your hall street.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I got that notification. That notification came a month ago basically, and you.
Speaker 2: Didn't even need it because I just told you. It's happy true. Yeah, it's all marked off. They're gonna dig a trench yep, serpentine trench down your entire street yep, all the way down to the vape shop. They so you gotta get toilet paper and water.
Speaker 3: Well, there was when the when that notification first was on my door. They were the notification was we're turning off your water tomorrow. And I was like, that sucks. So I did the whole thing of like preparing beforehand and taking a shower and doing all these things, and yeah, filling containers up with water in case I needed to water up plant or wash my hant whatever.
Speaker 1: It was off for like two minutes.
Speaker 3: And now it's just been the slow accumulation of like small cat equipment like diggers and drillers, and but they're mini size. They're like the urban version where it's like a very small back ho but it says.
Speaker 2: Like the rambler on the back or something. They have little nicknames. Yeah, yeah, I miss uh operating that kind of equipment. Did you do that for a while at a ski area? Yes, Uh, in the summertime. We would work up there to get our passes for the winter, and a lot of it was outdated but backos, mostly trucks, but just going up a mountain road. Yeah, cracking the axle because I was hot dogging, uh, and then acting like, oh no, what did you do when my boss got in the truck and the wheel wouldn't turn. I'm like, you just did that. He's like, damn it, I broke the axle. I've stayed quiet about it until now.
Speaker 1: How many years has it been.
Speaker 2: I broke the axle on the war Pig.
Speaker 1: The war Pig two years ago?
Speaker 2: It was the second war Pig. Sorry, Pat, it's manager at Snowball Ski Area. I broke the axle.
Speaker 1: Montana's best and I'm the one that did.
Speaker 2: In your whiskey, Oh, he caught us. He caught us in his apartment which was right at the base of the the ski lodge, and we went in there looking for him, and then there was whiskey on like his table, and I jokingly took a swig and he walked in. Oh, I wasn't trying to get dry, so trying to make my friend laugh that I worked with, and uh, he was mad and I didn't get fired. And the next weekend when we went up there to work, he said, hey, I don't want to because it wasn't you guys. You guys are good workers. But I caught someone. He was just saying it right to my face. I caught someone in my apartment and they were drinking my whiskey, and I just want you guys to know, like, don't go in my apartment. I know it wasn't you guys. And I just wanted to be like, oh, you don't remember who it was. I think it was because of that whiskey.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, Wait a second.
Speaker 3: I thought he was doing the ultimate, the ultimate passive a girl if get guilt trip.
Speaker 2: I would have thought that too, but he wasn't that high functioning.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, yeah, because I told you the time that I stole. I had a job in Sacramento at a cafe. I stole twenty dollars. Oh I do and rationalized it, and then the manager very masterfully was like, I think it's the cleaning guy and his son, and I like, I wanted to throw up immediately and basically got to learn the first time I ever stole like that, going like, they barely pay me, I need deer money and rationalizing could actually impact someone else's life.
Speaker 1: And I know for a fact that guy knew he knew it was me. Who else could it be? Yeah, how would it be the cleaning guy? It was not the cleaning guy.
Speaker 2: That's great. That is that is not to bring it up again, but that's that happens many times. On Golden Girls. They have some sort of a scam. They're always getting some item for auction miter because they know what it's worth, and then they go and and by the end of it they have this this this conscience that makes them not go through with it. Yeah, they give it to homeless people or something. That's three different episodes. I've really been loving that show. It's so good, but everyone loved it already.
Speaker 3: Have you watched a live version? No, I am not with Sam Pancake and Drew DROGI.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, that's that was just like last year.
Speaker 3: I got to see it and our right now, well not the second because she's in the Italian, uh, the Italian Thank you, the Italian Riviera. But our newest podcast, Ghosted by ros Hernandez. Ros Hernandez actually was playing Roath standing in for Drew DROGI I.
Speaker 2: Believe, yeah, I remember her talking about that.
Speaker 1: Oh right right, yeah, yeah, that's but that live show.
Speaker 3: You would if you're loving the TV show, then the live show is going to be this next level.
Speaker 1: You know. It's like, if you love dancing, you're gonna love Burning Man type of show, right right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I really had no idea how every episode has a heart wrenching they deal with topics that no show was dealing with at the time. I'm just so impressed. I was looking at the writers, everything they've done. Christopher Lloyd, no relation to the actor Christopher Lloyd. All the best episodes have his name on.
Speaker 1: Oh it's not a relation to him.
Speaker 2: No, No, there's another Christopher Lloyd that's a writer of all things good wow, and that he was a kid when he was writing on that show. But it is, Yeah, some of the best TV writing ever.
Speaker 1: I want. I think I wonder if John Levenstein also wrote on that.
Speaker 2: Better than Cheers and I don't say that, Oh, are you serious? I really think it's better than Cheers.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: And I've been watching Cheers and Frasier just to get just to see if I'm going crazy. It's better.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, and.
Speaker 2: Livery might have to be.
Speaker 1: Arthur.
Speaker 2: When she says a line, she looks off in the distance. Yeah, every time, And it gets me every time she looks off in the distance and then back at someone else in the room, and I'm I laugh hard, like I just watched someone slip and fall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's well, she's like such a stage actress.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ooh, I'm so excited that she lives so close to one of our favorite starbucks.
Speaker 2: Oh good, I was gonna say, are we gonna, oh yeah, we got her. Oh we're gonna, oh we gotta but.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, be Arthur's whole thing. Did you ever watch her show mod That was her show in the seventies.
Speaker 2: I know of it, but no, I think my grandma just would have it on and I appreciated it more than anything else she is watching.
Speaker 3: It's more it's more Norman Leary, so it's more like Archie Bunker where it has these big themes and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: But it was She's just incredible. She's like.
Speaker 3: I've been watching that woman since I feel like I was born, and she just like the idea that it was like a woman who kind of talks like this, who gets her say and isn't gonna whatever, like the idea that the Arthur just like held that up for fifty.
Speaker 2: Years in a way. No one can't. No one else can get mad and yell at her friend and slut shame her roommate in a way, and it'd be like, Oh, she's kidding, and no one's gonna get mad. It's just she's so good at being mean in a likable way. I don't think anyone can do it like she could. Has she passed? Right?
Speaker 1: I think she did shit. I think they all they're all gone. God damn it, I took the wrong turn.
Speaker 2: I've become fans right when the person's.
Speaker 3: Gone, I know, right when you lose them. But no, she was so goddamn good, so funny, I mean, like next level funny.
Speaker 2: And in the end of her life was going on tour and doing stand up basically, right, is that true? Yeah, like storytelling. Pretty recently was doing what I would call stand up, but I'm sure it was called a one woman show.
Speaker 1: Are you thinking of Elaine Stretch?
Speaker 2: I don't know Elaine.
Speaker 3: She did you watch thirty Rock? Yes, Alec Baldwynn's mother.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she's great. Yeah no, no, b b was doing stage wow later on. It's great.
Speaker 3: That makes sense. Yeah, that makes sense for her and what she's about.
Speaker 2: And she's very tall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she is a handsome woman.
Speaker 2: She has a very handsome and all the fashions on that show. I'll stop after this, but she had like cool purple and silver like blazer vests and like space businesswere like like like more forward than any of Hillary Clinton's smart suits. It's just she's got cool clothes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great. That's great. It's great.
Speaker 1: Here we are.
Speaker 2: How was your vacation you're visiting.
Speaker 3: You've visited home, visited and visited some more. It was very fun. I watched my niece play volleyball a lot, which was really fun because she's good. Her team, like the season had just started and they played a bunch of games and just got better every game. And I just love it because Noura's very good at volleyball, but she's like she's not the bumper, the setter or the spiker. She's the person that if somebody on the other team spikes it over the net, she will get under it and make sure it doesn't hit the ground. So she's like, I mean, she can do all those other things, but she's like this very She's like, no matter how hard they hit it, she'll return it.
Speaker 1: In a way that like a lot. It's like, how did she just do that? It's really exciting.
Speaker 2: And it's indoor. It's like a hardwood floor, right. Oh yeah, and she's diving onto that floor.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, to get these yep.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's not It's great I've ever been able to do.
Speaker 3: She's really good at it, and her team just won a tournament, which was really fun.
Speaker 1: It's just you know, it's fun to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And the whole time you're watching, you're like, I heard my blood is coursing.
Speaker 1: Through her vands. This is my blood. It's I always watch and then just go.
Speaker 3: I was so terrible at volleyball and yet insisted upon playing. And it would be the kind of thing where somebody would hit the ball and I would act like I was going to go get it, and then at the last second changed my mind and be like, m.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid that's how I was with Little League in there.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's too much to ask in here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think here?
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, sorry, sorry we did.
Speaker 2: We're new, we're new to hear. Just went on her forehead and frustration.
Speaker 1: I can't really go backwards.
Speaker 2: Well I guess we blew it. Sorry sorry, Yeah, it's very upset.
Speaker 1: So what get a different apartment? Then? That was crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's if you have a do not enter sign, maybe don't put it all way when you can only read it when you're already in the driveway. Right, it should be out.
Speaker 1: I guess it should be out and red, and.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm wanting it to be dangling from some sort of a you know, crane.
Speaker 3: Well, also, that's not really a street. Yeah, this should be telling me to go where I am right now, right, don't go in here, don't get caught up.
Speaker 2: I guess that that first one was the inny and we went in the audience. Oh yeah, yeah, not to bring anatomy talk.
Speaker 1: Well, well wut our apologies all around to everybody that lives here.
Speaker 2: Now, that is a curious see that car that you could see from a mile away, What a curious choice.
Speaker 1: What is that puce, the magenta one.
Speaker 2: It is magenta. It is outrageous.
Speaker 1: Oh fucking rageous.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of car where it's like, well, now I have to paint my house because I can't have this out in front of my tan and brown house.
Speaker 3: You know, it's something you could look out for. Now you're gonna start noticing cars that color because my friend, uh oh, you know, Zachnoy Towers, he has a very electric blue car and he made a joke to me about it one time.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 3: It was just like this crazy car and this crazy color or whatever. And then the next day I saw one where I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh, there he is. And then it's like, oh no, this is just one of the colors they make cars.
Speaker 2: Now, Oh yeah, it's not. He didn't have it, like.
Speaker 1: No special, it's not custom.
Speaker 2: Now, oh yeah, that's god. That looks custom. Hi. I really will be amazed if I see another car that color. I'm gonna let it go.
Speaker 3: Okay, put it to the back of your mind mm hmm, but pay attention when it comes back up to the front of your mind.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's how it is. It's just like cooking. The back burner isn't permanent. It's gonna come up at some point in form of scalding water.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 2: You've seen her at clubs and colleges throughout the country.
Speaker 1: Hy. How's it going?
Speaker 2: Hector writer comedian Brothy Gofta is in the car.
Speaker 1: Thank you? Hi? Hi, how are you? Oh, I'm good. How are you guys?
Speaker 2: Good to see it? It's been almost a year. Yeah, we've changed the format of the show a little bit. I think you've noticed where you're You're just gonna have to look at the backs of our heads the opposite of zoom.
Speaker 5: You guys did face away when we zoomed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just so yeah, like a sinister, sinister movie. Yeah, we're both haunted.
Speaker 2: Yes, I slowly rotated and petted a cat that was in my lap.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it.
Speaker 1: Was just your head rotating. Brotie.
Speaker 3: We just really pissed off one of your neighbors by going in the exit of your complex or whatever.
Speaker 1: That Oh yeah, that area.
Speaker 3: We did the exactly wrong thing and someone had to wait thirty seconds and they were not happy about it.
Speaker 5: Okay, we should probably go back and apologize.
Speaker 1: Okay, I did, I did.
Speaker 2: I had a feeling that people in that community talk.
Speaker 1: You got to take care of it right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why we met you around the corner because we didn't want this coming back.
Speaker 1: To Literally, I was like, I got to get out of this area. The vibes are off.
Speaker 2: Yeah the minute we were and you really have to pull in to see the multiple do not enter signs when it's already too late. But the men we were there, her hand went to her head.
Speaker 3: She was just like, I can't believe I'm dealing with this again. Have you experienced people doing this and blocking the way?
Speaker 5: I have not experienced it, but I also I probably have but don't remember because it probably wasn't like like hand to head bad for me, But I feel I really feel for her. It seems like that's the worst thing that's happened.
Speaker 1: I mean, what a life she's led.
Speaker 3: If that's the worst thing that's ever happened in her, God bless her.
Speaker 5: We should hear that.
Speaker 1: Maybe like you are, you're gifted and the luck you've had. Uh, So, how's it going? How have you been in the past year?
Speaker 5: Good? What have I been up to?
Speaker 2: Give us just a breakdown of the whole year.
Speaker 5: Month a month so September it was my mom's birthday, yeah, no, I got married.
Speaker 1: Oh congratulations, it's terrific. Thank you. What was your wedding theme?
Speaker 5: Well, the wedding theme. Actually, we did not have like a big wedding. We just had so his sister is a pastor and so she signed our wedding papers and then we ordered like six different pastas and we were just in my house the whole time. We ordered so much pasta and then we got super full and mad, and that was it was like the best wedding.
Speaker 2: The wedding. So you didn't have a facility. No, the wedding was at the apartment. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 1: And like fifteen people just the two of you, just.
Speaker 5: Like four of us. It was great us, his sister and one of our friends.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds stress free.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 5: It was great. We were so mad by the end of the night. It was so much pasta.
Speaker 2: Does pasta Because I'm trying to pinpoint my sudden and explosive anger. I do know now that I've stopped drinking, a lot of it was alcohol, But I didn't know pasta made you angry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can get pasta drunk.
Speaker 3: Maybe someone has a gluten issue. Someone in that room. Oh maybe that was that. Maybe it's it's probably all of us. I don't know where.
Speaker 5: We've got a lot of Something that's nice about my marriage is that our stomachs don't work, and so in landom yes, and so there is no way to be shy in my house. Oh yeah, someone takes an extra second of the bathroom. I am right outside the door offering Tom's.
Speaker 2: I don't know what more. She wants a complete stop before she I'm.
Speaker 3: So sorry I gave I gave the hand gesture while I was listening, and she still had.
Speaker 1: To make a big deal about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess I know what's going on, iming on today.
Speaker 3: It seems like everything feels like it's a problem in Eagle Rock.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that could just be perspective. So the town is cranky, it is, there's.
Speaker 3: There is Maybe everybody needs needs a tombs over here, Yeah, needs an app Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well congratulations.
Speaker 3: So did you guys if that was your wedding, was your honeymoon that you walked down to seven eleven together?
Speaker 5: Yeah, everything's low key, really low key, and then we get mad there. No, we went to Cosamel, which was so much fun and it was so nice. Yeah, we spent uh like a week there and it was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh that's a nice long time. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was great. And it was over like the it was over winter break, so it was just like really good.
Speaker 2: Weather and you were there a full week.
Speaker 5: And we're there a full week.
Speaker 2: Yet I've been there. I always The only places I've been have been like during a stop on a cruise ship. Yeah, and so you're there like three minutes, and so you don't I essentially haven't been there, but I have physically for a moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a lot less than a week.
Speaker 2: Yes, I need to experience.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you you gotta get closer.
Speaker 1: To a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and go into the minutes. Yeah, I've done that so many places. And you're around the area where cruise ships always go, so you don't experience, Yeah, and you feel like a bad person. Cruise ships are just always parked and idling on a coral reef or something. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, cruise ships you're always on coral reefs.
Speaker 5: There is there a very specific cruise ship that you go on, yeah, the Killer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they always empty.
Speaker 5: The Yeah, the Antia.
Speaker 2: The problem is in the name. You should see it coming but yeah, that sounds great.
Speaker 3: Did you stay at a place that had like a buffet or food and yes, that's the Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was like an all inclusive place. It was so great, and there was like there was like a swim up bar, which was so much fun. And then what else, I mean, I saw hovelina?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a it's like if a pig were a monster.
Speaker 2: They have like things, right.
Speaker 5: I think, But it was like so the the day that I saw the hovelina, we rented like vespas and we went all around the island and when we got to a point on the island in our like trip, in our day trip, when we got to a point that was the furthest from any show alter, it started just like torrentially raining, and it was like it was raining at like an angle too. It was like that kind of angry raining.
Speaker 2: And that's whens come out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's when this one did, and ran across the street and then like descended into the dense forest back from whence it came.
Speaker 5: And at first I like let out a tiny embarrassing scream because it does look like if a pig were a monster, like I've seen pigs and I know what that is, but this thing, it took a second because I've never seen one in person, and so it it took me a good it took me a good, solid second to stop being scared.
Speaker 3: Have you seen that sketch on I think you should leave this newest season.
Speaker 1: The Doggy Car? Yes, that's what it's making you think of?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, yes, coming.
Speaker 2: From the bottom bottom job.
Speaker 1: I lost my mind during that sketch. I was just like, God, damn, sketch is amazing, so good.
Speaker 5: Also, just the detail of like this guy hasn't been able to sleep because a swing dancer flipped his wide down. So good, you're really bothered.
Speaker 2: It's a tradition when we're in the car to get some Starbucks. Would you like some coffee plastic?
Speaker 3: Yeah, although we have been doing a lot of like free press for Starbucks, and then I'm seeing how anti union they are, and it feels like you should never talk about Starbucks again. Okay, I mean we you know, yeah, separate from this moment.
Speaker 2: No, No, we will from now on. It's We're going to mon pop. You can find them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just said.
Speaker 3: There was a whole action that some college students did back East because I think it was getting stars out of Ithaca. It was the thing I was watching and feeling very like get along passionate.
Speaker 1: About, like fuck, yeah, this is so cool. And then it's like you literally dedicate time on every one of your podcast episodes to promoting this exact same company, fucking asshole. Yeah, like it's also separate net zero.
Speaker 5: It's a net zero.
Speaker 3: I guess you know it's hard these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the convenience of it. But from now on, we just won't mention where we're going every single.
Speaker 5: Time, exactly bleep it out just to there'll.
Speaker 1: Be like a seven minute bleep in the middle of every episode because we still got to get our coffee.
Speaker 2: How about Yeah, when I mentioned the place, I'll just swear a curse a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, notable. There we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I did on Kimmel when I ate it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's story. I remember what you're talking about. I did.
Speaker 2: Did you notice those guys all the late night hosts are doing a podcast and all the proceeds go to their writing.
Speaker 1: Is that true? Are they doing it together?
Speaker 2: It is Colbert Kimmel, Fallon and and Seth Myers and oops, god, damn it. In the English John Oliver, Wow, strike force five, that's called.
Speaker 1: Too much talking.
Speaker 5: Yeah that it feels like a lot of the same voice, right one British exactly.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm thinking the whole time. It's like, oh, all those dudes talking at once. They're good on their own, but all in Unison.
Speaker 3: Can I get a Grande iced mocho with just two pumps of chocolate in it?
Speaker 2: And all the Grande iced coffee with the almond milk?
Speaker 5: Oh, I'll get I'll get an ice latte with almond milk?
Speaker 1: What size Grande? Oh? Sorry? And then only could I please get a decaf iced pumpkin. I'm gonna do it with oat milk? Can we get? Am? Sorry? And what size? Do you want? Grande decalfed ice pumpkin spice latte with almond milk? Was that it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's bless you can? Is that what you said? Do you want whipped cream? No? Thank you? And that's gonna be all thank you. I am so sorry, Karen, No, don't worry. You know what I should have? You should just roll down your window.
Speaker 5: I go back. Should we try it again?
Speaker 2: You want to do that again? But a shorter version.
Speaker 3: I was kind of excited to see if I could, because you know, and they're like, oh, you could be a waitress if you can remember ten like dishes. I literally was like, I remember five descriptors of a drink and was so excited regards that was impressive everyone to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean my back, I'm sweaty. I'm sweaty because of what you just went through.
Speaker 5: I kind of feel like he asked what was that as a bit kind of it was perfect timing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's hilarious because I was.
Speaker 1: I was doing this on my fingers. I'm sure they could see me literally counting off what I was trying to say.
Speaker 2: Of course they can see us. I just now realized, Yeah, they have cameras.
Speaker 1: They can see us.
Speaker 2: Oh so if you're making a face or any other things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or laughing behind your hand like a high schooler, all.
Speaker 2: Translates to spit.
Speaker 5: I mean, or if you just suddenly take your clothes off, They're going to see that. They're gonna see it, They're gonna know, they're gonna know, and they're gonna have a certain.
Speaker 1: Feeling about it. Oh look there's a spider web in my car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did isn't it funny that I never thought to say anything.
Speaker 1: There's there's one that way, and there's one going back here.
Speaker 2: You are all ready for Halloween, Charlotte, some pig brothie. Are you do you care about Halloween? Do you get excited?
Speaker 5: So? I get excited nowaday because I have a dog.
Speaker 2: Oh, and I outfit.
Speaker 5: Love put him in clothes. He hates it, and he sort of he has like what he's communicating to me when I put him in a costume? Is I thought we loved each other? And also just total shock?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: What kind of outfits can you remember of like different outfits you've made your dog wear?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've dressed him up as a Teddy bear. I have dressed him up as a pirate.
Speaker 1: Do you know what you're doing this here?
Speaker 5: I don't. But I also have friends who are having babies, which makes me excited for Halloween.
Speaker 2: Do you have to dress up your dog like a baby? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yes, because I didn't know what a baby was before then. And that's just another costume for the dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a dog.
Speaker 1: Did you know that? A little bonnet on my dog? That's so funny?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my favorite dog costume I've seen is just it's kind of only appreciated full front hold where they have like it was a chucky doll. Oh that you just slide your dog dog on the front of the dog and he's got a little arms holding a little knife, and then the legs are on your dog's actual front legs and so as it's running towards you. It is the funniest. It's like the simple comedy, visual comedy that makes me laugh.
Speaker 5: Whoever had whoever came up with the thing where there are like arms attached to the front, Yeah, is a genius. Yeah, Like can you imagine if that brain was behind like COVID cures or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the good stuff, the big step.
Speaker 2: We would have laughed more during those years.
Speaker 1: We absolutely would have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we just emerge all with little arms attached to our arms.
Speaker 1: I saw a thing.
Speaker 3: This might be too dark for this Halloween talk, but I just saw a thing where somebody and it was on TikTok so Grain of Salt, but somebody was talking about how we are talking. We keep talking about COVID like oh, it's over or it's almost over, or we're peaking, and then we're gonna blah blah blah, and they're like every pandemic that the planet has ever experienced has gone on for hundreds of years.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, too heavy? No, No, that gives me more costume ideas. Yeah, yeah that I've got to buy some gore makeup. I guess.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I was going to do another character on a walking toilet, but I think I might do You're a grim reaper unto the.
Speaker 1: World, some black death stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh, a guy with a sickle on a horse, all to have my legs be the horse's legs. Yes, it's great. Yes, I'm so glad we got dark. I know what I realized is I booked. I'm doing stand up out of town and there's I'm not going to dress up for homide. Yeah, I blew it.
Speaker 1: Can you hand me my wallet please?
Speaker 2: Yes I can. I can pay for this one. I got some cashi. Are you sure my pants?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: As long as they bowling money offended this? Oh no, they won't want to they won't want to do it.
Speaker 3: Or they just can't. Like nobody ever wants to break a hundred Come on, Grandpa.
Speaker 2: What about these other four wrinkly ones that have had?
Speaker 5: Can you break one hundred and four?
Speaker 2: Callin me Grandpa because of these. In case you didn't see, my glasses changed.
Speaker 1: Oh I love it. Break one hundred and four.
Speaker 2: Hand in your in your purse.
Speaker 1: You could have Can you break one hundred and four? Wonderful?
Speaker 2: I also did realize I was going to use that one hundred to buy my bowling ball tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah you say that that's bowling. That's a bowling hundred for sure.
Speaker 2: Brothie. Have you been engaging any leisure activities like bowling?
Speaker 5: I haven't really, I I should, you know what. I went bowling for the first time, like fairly recently, and I discovered that I'm actually very bad at it.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, it takes a couple of times.
Speaker 5: It's hard, Yes, it is hard. It's not just rolling a ball.
Speaker 2: No, it's something I've done because I grew up in Montana where there's nothing to do, and in the winter time we would go bowling.
Speaker 5: I don't say that funny.
Speaker 2: It is beautiful. I appreciate it now, but when you're a kid, it's like, yeah, yeah, the mountains are beautiful. You know, you just wish there is activities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hi, thank you, I'll divvy these out do it.
Speaker 2: Okay now, did you notice that first moment I smoke a two pumps now whip, that's nice, that's yours.
Speaker 3: Did you notice that first moment where I was like hi, and then he kind of just stopped and stared and smiled.
Speaker 2: He recognized you.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no, I don't think so he he loves you yet.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: I congratulations.
Speaker 1: I can't going back around.
Speaker 3: I also want to get married, pasta and go to Cosymeli.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is my big chance.
Speaker 3: It just seemed like one of those moments where it was like, if if we were two people in a public space, I would understand this reaction. But the only reason I'm pulling up here is because you have my drinks?
Speaker 1: Like, what's going on? What are we doing?
Speaker 5: Something interesting that I noticed in that uh Starbucks moment was that when he said the price, he asked, is that okay?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I was like, did you just get high? What is this exchange? This exchange isn't tracking for me at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a little It kind of feels like one of us.
Speaker 1: Is in a dream.
Speaker 5: And it's very hard to figure out, and it's constantly shifting.
Speaker 2: I think at some point, at some price point, maybe they're trained to ask that this is more than thirty dollars? Is that going to be okay?
Speaker 1: Is that okay? Is that what you were planning? Or it's like it's twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Greekflation has gotten it so that I expect to pay twenty six dollars for a burrito.
Speaker 1: It doesn't Yeah, none of this is okay. Yeah, at this.
Speaker 5: Point, maybe he's the guy that controls that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe, and I just approved it for everybody else. He's like, well, Karen said, you guys are good with it. So, oh my god, that was mister inflation. Damn it.
Speaker 2: You're responsible for the gas prices and everything. It seemed like a kid that was in love with you.
Speaker 1: It seemed really nice. Oh well that's over.
Speaker 3: Mister Greenflation works at Starbucks in Glendale.
Speaker 5: What have you guys been up to for the past year, good.
Speaker 2: Question, Yeah, boy, I we've talked about a lot of it with made leisure activities and uh and of course doing stand up and enjoying that more than I ever have, which feels good. That's the only responsible thing where I feel like I'm doing it correctly. But the bowling and the golfing and the skateboarding. It's like, who do I think I am?
Speaker 1: Oh, the skateboarding, Yeah, I've.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's the way I do it. Transportation through through bullies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hand out in front of you, hair blowing back.
Speaker 2: You mean things to the elderly. Yeah, but yes, I've always.
Speaker 5: Done that, just disrespecting principal skinners.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of that is that nowadays you'd be surprised the cordial politeness of the young skateboarder. It's it's it's really changed the inclusivity everything. But I old school me, yeah, I mean the principles.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: So we went to Santa Barbara, I want, like a year and a half ago. And when we were there, we were like taking a walk by the beach and then and there was a skate park and there was a dog skateboarding.
Speaker 1: I mean a dog.
Speaker 5: Yeah. We got mad again, but.
Speaker 2: That was the pasta. Was it a bulldog or like some sort of a.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think it was a bulldog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they for whatever reason, those breeds want to get on a skateboard. I'll be crazy, and they enjoy it. And I swear at first they're trying to bite it and they're mad that it's rolling on its own and then they stand on it and they're like, oh, I get it, and then they I've seen so many skateboarding bulldogs. It was like a guy with a kite while rollerblading in Venice. It was that common to see a skateboarding bull dog. Multiple that's okay.
Speaker 5: I don't think it should happen.
Speaker 2: I have mixed feelings about it too. It borders on abuse, but on the skateboard of the yeah, like they could get hurt. Yeah, I'm yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, here's the thing. It's obviously awesome to watch.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: It's objectively so funny to see a dog do a person thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it.
Speaker 5: Does make me think like maybe that that dog was a person like an hour ago and something happened.
Speaker 2: Right There was a lamp, there was round, Yeah, there's a spell.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was cast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But you don't feel that way about costumes for dogs, which is an interesting delineation. Do you know anything about what the difference is.
Speaker 2: It's controversial. I wasn't going to hold a mirror.
Speaker 1: Like getting into her face, and I'm I'm being good cop right now.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's nothing like that cop. I'm not just that turn on the bright.
Speaker 5: Lights and one of you is just telling it like it is. I guess it's for me. The difference is that I am in control when it comes to the costume, and I don't like that this little bulldog seems to know how to steer.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's when I was sent to hang out with a bunch of skateboarding bulldogs. They were training to be on a Rose Bowl parade float. They yes, and they stood at the top of this slide so it was made to look like snow and they would go down on these little surfboards down a slide. They were so I expected it to be like a weird form of abuse, and I'm like, they don't. There's no way they want to do this. They were freaking out and their balance. There's something about a dog wants to figure out how to balance, and they're like they see that challenge.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's okay.
Speaker 2: They don't know they're doing the human activity of skateboarding or whatever. They just like, oh, I can stand on this without falling. Yeah, I see what the what the mission is and I loved it. I and I think they liked it. But you're right, how can we know there's not just a teenage human in their body.
Speaker 5: Do you think dogs watch TV?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yes, you dog does. As a as a dog owner, my thing is this, I feel like I don't want to be responsible if secretly we later find out dogs are literally exactly like humans accept their language is blank or whatever. It feels like that's a possibility. That wasn't a four way stop? Was it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: So sorry we're.
Speaker 2: Podcasting, or was it or sorry we're podcasting, or.
Speaker 1: We're podcasting and we're trying.
Speaker 5: To don't talk to us till we've podcasted, focusing.
Speaker 1: On anything else besides driving. That's the point of the podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make a sign that I can hold up that says we're podcast.
Speaker 5: Forgive us, We're sorry, dot dot we're podcasting.
Speaker 2: I will come with it next time.
Speaker 1: But so, my thing is like I have a dog named Frank that it feels like you could kind of put him anywhere, do anything and he would be like, I don't care as long as you're feeding me later, yes, fine, But my dog Blossom is very specific and.
Speaker 3: Like, this was my favorite thing ever. Brandy Posey House sits for me, and don sits for me sometimes and she put Blossom in an Adidas tracksuit that was made for dogs, and Blossom looked like she was being beaten with a pipe. It was Brandy sent me this picture and goes, well, I guess we know how Blossom feels about costumes.
Speaker 1: She looked depressed. Yeah, it was so funny, and I was like, I could have told you that she had asked me first. She doesn't.
Speaker 3: She doesn't want to be impinged upon, if that's the correct word in any way. She's like, no, thank you with your weird human clothes.
Speaker 1: Yea at all.
Speaker 2: But what if you made a costume and you made it out of those those vests.
Speaker 5: That are like, oh, like the thunder vest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thunder vest. Oh, so it's like it gives that. And the same thing with me with a beaded autism blanket when I put it on my chest and I'm like, well, nothing's going to go wrong in the world if I have this on me. There's got to be a way. Yeah, okay, I've invented a few things. Yeah, you signs you show up in traffic we're podcasting, or learn to merge or that was my fault. It would be fun. You hold it up. You don't have to make contact. It's a great I'm gonna make those. I just invented that. But yeah, thunder costumes if you I mean, I don't. I'm not pitching to Shark Tank right now. But do you both agree it's a good idea.
Speaker 5: Look, I have a little seed money.
Speaker 1: This is actually why we got you in the car.
Speaker 5: It's more than figure.
Speaker 3: But I have to tell you that the whole thing of a sign that you hold up. I remember that from the eighties it was like a thing you could buy at Spencer's Gifts.
Speaker 1: Oh really that you could hold up signs to other cars saying like basically go fuckers.
Speaker 2: Well, if I do the research and that would be going to one Spencer location and seeing if they still have it, can it be my idea?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Okay? Illustrations okay, yeah, great, like floral borders something so it's it's not aggressive mine. Calligraphy, yes, not impact, so something that you might as well flip someone off.
Speaker 1: Impossible to read.
Speaker 2: Very ornate Victorian.
Speaker 3: I think Queen Queen Elizabeth just passed by.
Speaker 1: She's just trying to tell me something.
Speaker 5: She's been taken hostage.
Speaker 1: She's not dead, She's in Glendale.
Speaker 5: That's the title of her memoir coming out next next year. I'm not dead, I'm just in Glendale.
Speaker 1: And it's her and b Arthur on the cover. Just like so we got.
Speaker 5: Jokes my boss?
Speaker 1: Who I think you know Matt Sulmon, right, Oh, yes I do.
Speaker 5: He told me about he like, uh, wrote on Seinfeld and had a pitch where Kramer invents a sorry horny and I think it's a genuinely good idea.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea.
Speaker 2: What's the horn sound like?
Speaker 5: I mean, he didn't make any sound, but if I could say what I think it should be?
Speaker 2: Yeah, b oh, because it's going to go more for a but that's more like my bad or something that's more.
Speaker 1: Or it could be judgmental of what they just did is so lame that it gets that warn.
Speaker 5: I guess the horn to me should feel insecure.
Speaker 1: How about this?
Speaker 3: It would no longer make a car horn sound. It would just be your voice?
Speaker 1: Sorry really fat? Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh if we could install that, we should be amazing.
Speaker 3: Actually we should. Now wait, is Matt still your currently your boss?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Can we get a check back?
Speaker 3: And then in a year, when you're on the show again, we get what Matt's real pitch was yes, as a kind of who's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a game show, but it'll.
Speaker 5: Take so long year and it's just the one thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I don't like about game shows. It's their half hour format. Yeah, this could last year. Yeah, I take all a year, then I'd be a wheel watch.
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Wait, we probably talked about this last time that Matt someone was on one of the first people I met, and he was the writer's assistant on The Simpsons.
Speaker 1: We talked about this. Oh wait, really a year ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: He was like he was a friend that I met. We all used to go to the same bar. So I think people that he worked with were probably like, I know these other people that are going to this bar, and we would all go to the same bar. But he was he had just started working on that show, so he was like. I was twenty four at the time, so he was probably also he was probably younger than me.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, just wow, this day in history for you.
Speaker 5: I got I gotta find out what this bar is.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you should ask him. It was pretty insane. I don't think he drank though, I don't think he does.
Speaker 2: I first moved here, Yeah, I don't. If you have a job like that and you stick to it, there's no drinking there. That's what I've realized.
Speaker 3: Especially not on like a Tuesday night, just because you went and did like a four minute set somewhere, which is how we operated all the time.
Speaker 5: It does comedy does warp your sense of like how much people hang out in the real world.
Speaker 1: Yet very true.
Speaker 2: Have you been doing a live performing I have not.
Speaker 5: No, that's my final answer.
Speaker 2: That's quite all right. I feel like that's what I enjoy it. And so that's what it's kept me from trying to get a writing job, because I when I've been in rooms, I'm like, I'm misperforming. It's just part of my brain. Yeah, or maybe that's what I know I'm better at. I think that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Also, there's this strike. Oh yeah, it's the impact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can pretend it's also.
Speaker 5: I would say that the impact of the strike on writing jobs is adverse.
Speaker 1: It's pretty well, it's just right there. You can't deny it.
Speaker 5: You just can't deny it.
Speaker 2: Everyone everyone's in agreement.
Speaker 1: This is bad for our jobs.
Speaker 5: To admit that it took me an embarrassingly long time to put together that a strike means that I'm not going to get paid.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It took a while, like there was a full I don't know, twenty four hours where I was like strike, strike, strike, because I was like, what are they going to do? Not pay us? And then everyone around me was like, no, that's exactly.
Speaker 1: You, No, that is precisely Yeah, that's what do you think?
Speaker 5: A strike is? Like vacation?
Speaker 2: So have you been? Did you save up your money or is it it's your husband's still working? Are you worried?
Speaker 5: Well, I will say I haven't been loving the trajectory of my bank account, right, because it's tough when you're not making money to make money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's sort of been. That sort of been the bind I find myself in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to suddenly start making money, it is.
Speaker 2: Not making money is the biggest obstacle in money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you're spending money and not making money, the total number of money goes down, yes, quickly, quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a terrible failing.
Speaker 5: But we're like, luckily in a pretty good place with their savings and we don't have children who I who are a type of person that's really expensive.
Speaker 2: Yes, they are, Yeah, that's what I Any time I want to complain about any thing really, be it time or finances or anything, I realized I don't have a child. I should shut up right now, because yes.
Speaker 5: It's expensive to have a child.
Speaker 1: It's like your muchiest friend, Yeah, will never leave.
Speaker 5: And you think it's not. Oh, how how much more expensive can it be? Look at how small it is? You know it can fit so many places. There's less cloth to make clothing for it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: It's no. It's not based on mass.
Speaker 5: No, no, it is not based on masks.
Speaker 2: There are tiny but great needs.
Speaker 3: Yes, So what have you been doing to fill your time?
Speaker 1: Have you?
Speaker 3: Have you come up with any new or not come up with but discovered any new pastimes or any.
Speaker 5: What have I been doing? I've been doing a lot of the crossword nice. I mean really, I've been pretty passionate about staying seated.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 5: I've been playing piano.
Speaker 2: That's what I was just saying. That's one of my biggest regrets is that I never dabbled with piano.
Speaker 5: Oh, you gotta dabble.
Speaker 2: I gotta.
Speaker 5: It's too light fun.
Speaker 2: It's too late for me.
Speaker 5: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: I grew up with a piano outside my bedroom, and that was when I should have started tickling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, king there.
Speaker 2: It was hard to get out of my room. The only time I ever played the piano was when I stumbling over it looking for my shoes or something.
Speaker 1: Oh were you You grew up a cartoon.
Speaker 2: I grew up in a Hubbard cupboard, in a shoe. My whole family in a shoe within a cupboard.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's great. Yeah, piano is Yeah, is it calming?
Speaker 5: It is, It's it's nice. It's nice to like tinker around. And I feel like there's a lot of I took piano lessons as a kid, so I can sort of like I'm exactly the kind of good at piano, where like, if I started playing a piece in front of you, you would have to sort of listen to the rest of it, right to the whole thing, but you wouldn't be enjoying yourself. But it's like technically, technically, yeah you learned that. Yeah, you know, that's exactly where my talent lies.
Speaker 2: I think I'd be impressed because I you know, I if anyone can even make like a harmonica sound like an instrument, I'm like, well, you're a professional. That's all I need to hear is ten seconds something. Yeah, that's all I've ever wanted, is just enough to impress people at a at a dinner party. Yeah, and you can do that.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 5: But once again, I will say, the people at the dinner party are not going to have a particularly amazing time listening.
Speaker 2: Are you nervous for this dinner party coming up?
Speaker 5: I'm really nervous.
Speaker 1: Why did you sign?
Speaker 5: I'm trying to back out. I'm trying to back out.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make sense. You're like, not only will I cook, but I'll be playing the entire.
Speaker 2: Part, and let me do that. They were just inviting you as a guest, and you added all these roles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and why is it at my house now?
Speaker 1: So weird?
Speaker 5: Actually I did. I did trick myself this year into hosting a bachelorette weekend. Oh not for me, but for a friend of mine. And I was sort of leading up to it and it was super fun and wonderful, but leading up the days leading up to it, I said to Greg, my husband, I was like, oh my god, I'm I think I'm throwing a bachelorette party. And he was like yeah. He was like yeah, you said everyone can come to California. You said this months ago.
Speaker 1: And you were responsible for the entire plan.
Speaker 5: I was responsible for yeah, like most of most of it. But I tricked myself into getting into being in that position. I don't know, I guess I guess I didn't remember saying any of the stuff that I said, but it sounds like me. That's pretty damnage.
Speaker 3: Can you give us like a light example of what some of your activity, your planned activities.
Speaker 5: Were on a list of supplies and how it was it went great. I couldn't find bachelorette party. I wanted, like, uh, bachelorette balloons, but I couldn't find party. City was fresh out of bachelorette party balloons. And so what I cobbled together for the balloon sign was it's a boy I love. Oh, that's really good.
Speaker 2: That was a purchasable balloon. And that's how it was worded.
Speaker 5: Well, I I sort of put a few different phrases together. You coupled something together that would then sound like it went through Google translations six times.
Speaker 1: That's really good though.
Speaker 2: That's great. That's a nice addition to that. My favorite thing always and everyone has done this, but when a friend was turning thirty or something. It's getting them a children's card that says hooray, horay, you're eight today or whatever. It's always a class. It's fun. Yeah, it's fun. Yeah, but it's a boy I love. It's great.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think what the full sign was, because there there was more to it that it was like, it's a boy I love. It's a happy it's a girl happy, yes, yes?
Speaker 2: And then did you buy everything baby blue? Yeah?
Speaker 5: But we it was we had a great time. Here's the thing that I sort of didn't I was nervous about that weekend because it's like nerve wracking to host. Yeah, you know, a bunch of people. But I guess what I also didn't realize going into it was that they're all adults. So they helped me clean and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, you weren't alone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I was like, I was sort of like, oh, man, there's gonna be so much stuff I have to do while they just sit there and stare. And then I was like, no, that would be like incredibly antisocial behavior. And they're all pretty social.
Speaker 1: And how many can we ask? How many people? It was?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was uh, total nine.
Speaker 2: And most of them came from somewhere else like flu here. Wow, yeah, that would add.
Speaker 1: None of them spoke English.
Speaker 5: None of them spoke.
Speaker 3: We're acting like this is like you just I mean, it's but it is to me because that kind of thing. I wouldn't have the instinct to be the organizer because I literally can't be anywhere on time.
Speaker 1: I love to give up, like like a lot of those kinds of ems.
Speaker 5: This is why it shocked me that I not only volunteered to organize this, but then to also host it and organize everything around it.
Speaker 2: Surprises.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was which.
Speaker 5: My friend the who uh you know got married a few months later. She did not ask me to do any of that.
Speaker 1: She didn't.
Speaker 5: She just asked me if there was a weekend that I would be free. Oh and then I said, not only that, but we're all going to my place. I am organizing. Wow, I'm cooking the whole time. Yes, And and then but I guess I was like, technically, don't know, I must have I must.
Speaker 1: Have been asleep.
Speaker 3: I'm going to put out a theory and you're not gonna like it. Yeah, I don't think anyone's gonna like it. But I'm gonna do it anyway because that's me. I say, I say it like it is you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a bad cop, right, I.
Speaker 3: Have to continue that role throughout. Is this person repeatedly? Oh, it's that personal honking at that person?
Speaker 2: I yes, I don't know. I always take it personally.
Speaker 1: I know it's intense.
Speaker 3: My theory is that that person you ended up doing that for is your most manipulative friend and you just didn't see it coming where she actually made it, so you had to.
Speaker 5: Say, right, yeah, she just she's so good just to ask me, are you free for a weekend?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And what was I going to say?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah? Yes, period, No, there's no way.
Speaker 2: Yes Huckleberry Finn exactly. Reference the last book I read as a child.
Speaker 5: What have you read, Huckleberry Finn? Like last week?
Speaker 2: Hey, I love the classic, just discovered Beethoven. I did you do most of the party in your house?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of it, and then we did we had like a day of wine tastings, which was also here's another thing is that, Karen, I'm totally with you that this was that I love to give up. Yeah, I love to I think of myself as like like up until the very last minute that I could possibly give up. It's all equal chances of me doing it, you know, unless.
Speaker 2: You're dealing with a friend who was a master manipulat.
Speaker 5: Who was a master and I wonder if we're even friends.
Speaker 2: She did the equivalent of putting you in a dog costume. That's great. And then of course you all went to thunder down Under. There had to be sexy, uncomfortable. Hey, we all just met. Look at that guy's hammock.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, I actually demanded that we meet for the first time there. I meet her friends for the first time there, and for some reason at four pm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta go.
Speaker 1: That'scheper to get in at hour.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thunder down Under his happy hour.
Speaker 2: I don't know any other names. One in Atlanta that I went to was called Swinging Richard's. Oh yeah, but yeah, that was That was a daytime visit and I enjoyed it way more than until I was.
Speaker 1: And that was pure, that was fully nude, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's also I didn't expect all of the uh, I don't know what you call it, other than helicoptering, but yeah, it was. I also had just met I went with Apearl Richards and our friend and I had met her friends. It's an interesting place to meet new people.
Speaker 1: So what are we doing?
Speaker 3: Look around where it's like, who's gonna actually meet my eyes right now?
Speaker 1: To support? But what did you guys actually do? You cooked some food? Yeah?
Speaker 5: We cooked. We went to a vineyard and we did like wine tastings.
Speaker 2: What's that up in solving? Maybe No, this.
Speaker 5: Was actually down closer to San Diego. Oh cool, And yeah that was Randon. We like played games and it was a super fun weekend. I was just like shocked by myself the entire time because also, I'm not good at organizing stuff.
Speaker 1: But you it seems really you are.
Speaker 5: It seems that it's a great passion of mine. But I, like, only this past year have started keeping a calendar. I'm not an organized person. I'm not like a crafty person like I was never like when I was a kid, My house never had like pipe cleaners, for example. Sure that's like my bar for the craftiest you can get.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: But I anytime I was like I want to do art because I'm a child, my mom would be like, here's the back of a receipt and like a pen that maybe works and that was that those were my art supplies. So it's not I have no natural tendencies towards anything that for some reason I insisted so hard I lead not only be a part of, but lead to get way out in front of, get so far out in front of like it was it was what was this ufront? For?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, what do you think Have you had any kind of philosophical reflection about what you were doing?
Speaker 5: I mean, it's it's still at I'm still at the questions pace.
Speaker 1: Is this really the first time you processed it at all? Is right here?
Speaker 5: This is the most that I've processed. But there was definitely there was a moment where I did say out loudly, huh, how did this happen? And then Greg had to remind me that he was like, you made it happen. You actually made all of it happen.
Speaker 1: Were you sober when you made it happen? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Wow, Which is also wild because I can't see myself, like, you know, after a couple of glasses of wine being like I'll throw your wedding.
Speaker 1: Sure, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's there's a sense of accomplishment when it's something that you don't normally sign up for which it's why I my friends asked me maybe in a band, and I'm like, I don't know how to sing. I've never done that. It terrifies me already, Yes, of course I'll do it. Yeah, And then the whole time, the rehearsing in the days leading up to these gigs, I'm doubting it and doubting if I'm good at it. But it's because after we do it, I feel great, better than I would if it was something I traditionally am good at.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also, I don't know if you guys have this, but I feel like whenever somebody like asks me to do something outside my comfort zone, I'm always mentally like I need to start practicing saying yes more to things. But here's the issue is that I didn't ever have a problem with saying yes to So this isn't like helping me in any way. I'm just now agreeing to stuff I don't really.
Speaker 1: Want to do.
Speaker 5: That's funny, Like saying yes has never been my problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm always telling myself I got to start saying no to things.
Speaker 5: But like mentally because I because I like, I don't know c on TV that it's often a lady's problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a real Shonda Rhymes driven mentality that I think. Yeah, you're like, oh, I'm also a television writer. I should do what Shanda's doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember listening.
Speaker 3: To her that she has a book called The Year of Yes, and I was like, oh, I'm really one of the most negative people I know, so I should probably listen to that. And then it was it was just a series of stories like this, or in my mind I was just like absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no way, no way, can't do it. It won't work out at all.
Speaker 5: But I literally I think a recent thing that I said yes to that I like, a friend asked if I wanted to like go to a show with them, like a comedy show, and I didn't. But then in my mind, I was like, you gotta say yes. But I've been to so many comedy shows. That's once again, it's never this has never been a problem that meet any sort of soul, right.
Speaker 1: Right, Get that exposure to the thing that you've already been completely immersed in your entire adult life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, when I say yes, and the times I'm like, I'm glad I said yes when I wasn't sure it really is only fifty percent of the time, so it's not worth it's it's all you can say no to everything and then also you'll be happy fifty percent of the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think what I need to start doing is just thinking about if I want to do the thing or not. Yeah, and a little less put a little less weight on like the what to saying yes mean about me? And what to saying no means? Yeah, I might just be like, oh, maybe I don't want to go to this show.
Speaker 3: Everything isn't a growth moment. Yeah, and that's that's kind of disappointing sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ooh, you're Vespa from the cause of all.
Speaker 5: I'm going to see another monster when it's perfect.
Speaker 1: You have any plugs?
Speaker 3: Do you have anything you want to leave us with, whether it's a show, you're doing, a thing, you're making another party roast?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do you guys? If you guys have a bachelor or bachelorette party coming up, let me know. I'll shockingly be the one to take care.
Speaker 1: Of all of it.
Speaker 5: And what's that website I'm opening it today? What do I have to plug? Well, there's the strike going on, No, keep striking and plum Yeah, and also there's a really watch Master Chef Junior.
Speaker 1: There's I have.
Speaker 5: Nothing to do with it, but it's the funniest thing on TV.
Speaker 2: Just from the title alone. I'm in.
Speaker 5: I think it's really funny when children are expected to do something like an eight There's one clip in particular that I really recommend, which is an eight year old girl who has made like a steak with wilted mustard greens on the side, and she like has a branding on it to and I quote, preserve the rusticity of a Texas steakhouse. And then these kids they say things like that, but then they sometimes cry because they're eight.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I highly recommend it. So that's my main.
Speaker 3: Plum nice one, nice one, good one. So delightful to see you. You're so fun to talk to.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 5: This was so lovely.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 5: I always have the best time talking to you.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to Do you need a ride? D y N We can't honk.
Speaker 1: There's this guy I know they are hong KK.
Speaker 2: This has been an exactly.
Speaker 1: Right production produced by Analie Nelson, mixed by ed Our talent booker is Patrick Coottner.
Speaker 2: Theme song by Karen Kilgarrett.
Speaker 1: Artwork by Chris Fairbanks. Follow the show on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at dinar podcast That's d y n ar Podcast.
Speaker 2: For more information, go to exactly rightmedia dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Oh, You're welcome.