Speaker 1: What's that bed?
Speaker 2: It's Foy and Youki.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure it's dead kid's coming this way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, half said.
Speaker 1: Nyros jeffs e please, hey boo, thank you so much for listening to Ghosted by Me. Ros dress Fales. So I want to talk about a kind of controversial story on this week's episode. It's the story of Adam Alice and Dear David. Now, if you're a paranormal fan or you're like a Twitter head, you probably know this story. It was pretty popular in summer of twenty seventeen, and uh, it's still very popular. People still talk about it NonStop, and it turns out it's going to be turned into a movie. So if you don't know the story of Dear David, you could do a lot of Twitter digging. But there's also this amazing article by Lucia Peters on Bustle dot com that tells you everything that you need to know about Dear David. So here's what happened back in August of twenty seventeen. Adam Alice, who lives in New York City. He's an illustrator. He's also a writer, and he worked for BuzzFeed. He tweeted from his Twitter handle, which is at Moby underscore dickhead. So credible source. I don't know. You are listening to someone named Rozdresflees doing a retelling so that sounds like a you problem. So at Moby dickhead, he wrote, so my apartment is currently being haunted by the ghost of a dead child and he's trying to kill me. Now, listen, ghost children are scary. I agree. Perhaps they're even creepier than ghost adults to many people. But yeah, here's the because I always have people tell me, oh my god, ghost children are the spookiest ghost of all times. You know, uh oh if I saw a little child going la la la la la, Yeah, that is spooky, but you have to remember that their children, they're still children, and the easiest way to calm down a child is with what fruit snacks? So just you know, give give a ghost some fruit snacks and I'll go away. So he goes on to say that there's this little boy with a missshapen head sitting in a green rocking chair at the foot of his bed. One night, he's like kind of wakes up in sleep paralysis and sees this. A few nights later, he dreamed in a library that a girl came up to him and said, oh, you know dear David, And he said who, and she said, dear David, you saw him. She then explained that David is dead and told him the rules of interacting with him. One, he only appears at midnight. Two, if you see him, you can ask him two questions as long as you say dear David first and three. Never ask three questions or he'll kill you. So Adam has another dream and he finds out that David died in an accident in a store, that an item fell on his head. So he moves into this new apartment and we're going to fast forward because this is a very long story. But so he eventually he lives in this building that is two apartment units, one on top of the other. He moves upstairs and he's thinking, you know, okay, maybe you know I won't hear from David. And he doesn't until he tweets that for the past four nights in his new apartment, his cats have been gathered at the front door at exactly midnight, staring as if something is on the other side of the door into the hallway. Of the building, and there's some videos of it. You could definitely tell these cats are looking at something. He then buys a Polaroid camera. He takes a picture of the hallway and it developed completely black. He even posted a video of him developing the picks so that you know, if any haters are watching, they can actually see him developing the photo and it is like pure black. It's not as if you have a he'd even posted what it looks like when he put his finger in front of the lens, and it's not that, it's just the color black. Then he took a picture inside of his apartment from a distance where you can see he has the hallway door open, so you can see out into the hallway of the building and it's just pure black. But you can see the rest of his apartment just black where the hallway is. Twitter users, you know they edited the photos. They put it through editing software and it seems legit, okay. So moving on, one night, he has a dream that David was dragging him through a warehouse. He woke up with a huge brew on his arm. Then there's this whole other story that goes on about this warehouse is by his house, that's empty and he'd never noticed it. And you'll learn more about it when you when you take your deep dive into the story. Okay, So then the cats start moving up their door appointments to ten pm. They're crying for fifteen minutes, and then he starts getting this is so creepy. So the cat's ten pm. They're screaming, looking outside the door underneath his doorframe into the hallway, just for fifteen minutes long, doesn't wow wow? And then as soon as it's over, he keeps getting these phone calls from an unlisted number. So one time he finally answered it and all he heard was static for like a minute, and then he's about to hang up and it gets quiet, and then he hears a small voice say hello. Hmm. Okay, so this story is like so long. He goes on to buy a pet monitoring camera. There's more stuff about the warehouse. He captured David on camera, and the pictures are seriously the most detailed photos of an apparition I've ever seen, which leads to speculation because you know, Adam Alice is a very successful writer and illustrators, so this whole ghost story, it could be a coincidence that, you know, someone that's a professional writer had all these amazing details. And he's also a very successful illustrator. If you're on Instagram, you've seen his cartoons. They're very popular. So it's possible he was able to make these photos of this this child with a squished in head that appeared in his bedroom. I don't know, but I also choose to believe him. Sorry, but either way, you know, he's an amazing tweeter, So go check out his Instagram at Moby underscore dick head. But whether this story is, you know, real or not, it's a good story and it deserves a movie deal, which is why he got one. BuzzFeed Studios partnered with the producer of it, Dan Lynn, and Newline is going to be distributed in it. So honestly, I'm pretty jealous of this Adam Ellis guy, because he is pretty hot, he's super talented. In my opinion, he's uh, you know, he's getting a movie made about things that happen in his dreams. And I'm so poor and uncreative that even my dreams are in low budget. I even I even I've had dreams where I'm falling off a Cliff and it's literally in the dream, it's just me laying in front of a green screen wailing my arms around. So good for you. I've seen boom mics in my dreams. I don't think that they are non union shoots. I reached out to Adam Alice to have him on the show, and he very politely said that he's not doing interviews right now, so I appreciate him getting back to me. Maybe when he's on the movie tour, we'll have him over. Okay, now we're gonna go to someone that did say they would come here. Oh you guys. Today I am joined by a dear friend, an actor, comedian, a voiceover artist, a former burlesque dancer, a yard sale enthusiast, my dear friend, Soelenni Luna.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you so much, Roz, thank you for having me, Thank you for doing here.
Speaker 1: And a fun thing about so Lene is that you played a ghost, right right, Yeah, played a ghost in the movie Coco. The Academy Award winning Disney Pixar featured Coco.
Speaker 2: That's right, And I'm just a random voice on one of.
Speaker 1: The main characters.
Speaker 2: Yes, I played Theerrosita and uh I you know, I do play a character in the afterlife. Ironically, I don't believe in it.
Speaker 1: How do you not believe in it? I mean you, I mean you. You're from Mexico, right, You're raised Catholic, correct, both, I mean Catholic culture, Mexican culture. There's a lot of beliefs of spirits in the afterlife and day of the dead. And you don't believe in it.
Speaker 2: That's right, And and you know I have I just had this thought. I do have to give my dad some a little bit of credit because although my mother instilled in us that we had to study Catholicism at least get our get through our first communion, because apparently that was like heaven insurance. Like to put it simply, if you did your first communion, then your parents could be reassured that you do have your foot in the door and the pearly gates. Sure so, and we were allowed to drop out out of Catholic Criticism whatever it was called, the Catholic school we did on the weekends. So after we did our first communion, our parents allowed us to drop out. So but meanwhile, totally like I wore the dress, I married Jesus, and then I was like see. But during that time, though, my dad indirectly did influence me because you know, he didn't have the opportunity for an education, but he was a really bright and smart person and always had Omni Magazine at home. He always subscribed to scientific magazines and always discussed science in any way that he could self educate, And that was a real influence for me, and to me, science always made more sense than the mythological stories I was being fed by the nuns. Sure, so yeah, I'm a strong believer of science. I am meating potatoes about it. I'm only interested in facts. So for that reason, I don't believe in ghosts. I don't believe in the afterlife. To me, all those things are a very self centered human kind of need to believe that there's something beyond themselves. I think it's very self serving because why can't humans be okay with Hey, it all ends here. Why do you have to believe that your life goes on. It's like, bitch, you're not that important, right, that's really my perspective on it.
Speaker 1: All. Okay, so you believe you're you're here for a sentence, and when the sentence is over, that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, See to me, the afterlife is very self centered. Those are you know, it's people. I know I'm repeating myself, but it's like, couldn't possibly end here? I know, magically I'm extended somewhere else, And he's like, no, why can't you just end it here? You're not that importused.
Speaker 1: This isn't a Disney Pixar.
Speaker 2: Movie, although I wish it was so anyway, So that's really my perspective. And frankly, I draw a lot of comfort from science and outer space studies and things like that. To me, that brings me comfort.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. I mean, it's concrete evidence, and I'm with the ghost world.
Speaker 2: It's it's all based on faith, and faith means that you believe in something you know does not exist.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, And that's the funny thing though with you, is that you've had these experiences, yes, that you can't explain exactly. So what's about.
Speaker 2: I am one big old contradiction because I have had, for a lack of better terms or a better word, ghostly experiences. I have had paranormal experiences, things that I have seen with my own eyes, things that I've heard that I cannot explain. But I do not believe they are traditional after life experiences. I believe that, you know, there's some parallel universe string theory thing that happened that we cannot explain. I just don't have the vocabulary for it. But to me, it's got nothing to do with spirituality or religion whatever I've experienced that I cannot explain.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, And I remember a couple months ago we were with Jackie beat our friend, and I asked you. I asked Jackie, Jackie, have you ever had have you ever had a ghost experience? And you chimed in, yeah. One time. I stopped talking to her. So what was the first ghost expt varience that happened for you?
Speaker 2: The paranormal, the first paranormal inexplicable experience, either.
Speaker 1: Had what I would call paranormal what I don't know, would you what you would just consider unexplained.
Speaker 2: I would definitely call it a paranormal experience. I was a little kid. I was twelve years old and my house was on it like, for a lack of a better term, I don't know about haunted, because that just such a like puts such a Halloween spin on things that to me is like, hey, let's just call it Easter. You know, why not?
Speaker 1: It's fun. Do you celebrate holidays?
Speaker 2: I do. I love holidays, Okay, I do you know? Ironically my favorite holiday is next to fourth of July, but that was pre Trump was Christmas. I love Christmas. I love it. I think it's adorable, it's enchanting, it's magical. But I have but I'm a atheist. It's cute. I think it's cute.
Speaker 1: The whole industry of holidays is completely.
Speaker 2: I'm into it. I'm into the industry different. I like it for the industry purposes.
Speaker 1: So this house that you grew up and was this, this is in Los Angeles right.
Speaker 2: Now, Los Angeles, and just you know, in nineteen sixties ranch style home considered modern for the time, and this was in the eighties. Like, I better make sure I don't overly age myself. But I went great for seventy five. Yeah. So I it's a long story, but I'll do my best to nut shell it. This odd experience I had one night. It was I remember we were on summer vacation. I shared a room with my sisters. Everybody went to bed and it was like, you know, when you're a little kid, you're on summer vacation and your mom lets you stay up watch TV. And I just forced myself to stay up because that was allowed, and.
Speaker 1: That wasn't Sometimes I feel like I still feel that way, where I'm like, I don't have to go to school in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wants TV all night if I want, and you're like struggling to stay up. So I was the last one up the whole family. Everybody was knocked out asleep, and so I finally I can't take it anymore, and I go to bed. And at the time, I shared the room with my two sisters, and I was on the top bunk and the eldest was on the bottom bunk, and then my middle sister was on another bed to the side, so the three beds in the room. And it's got to do with the story. So I remember just laying in bed. It's really creepy. I was laying in bed and I couldn't fall asleep because I'm still like, hey, it's summer vacation, guys. And our bedroom faced the street. And I don't know if you can visualize this, So we had our windows bedroom windows facing the street. So every time a car would drive by at night, the lights of the vehicle would circle the room till the car passed by. So I was just laying in bed, struggling to stay awake, and I was following car lights wrap around the room, just following them. And then this one time, I'm following the light and I followed it to the foot of my bed and they're a woman at the end of my bed. Yeah. I was like what And it was like traditional ghost like I remember this transparent woman. I could see through her, but I could see vividly that it was a woman with long, straight, wavy, I mean like just kind of flowing hair, and it was like it was like a brown tone and she had a white, flowy gown. I mean it was like straight out of a movie. And the super terrifying part was that her hands were at the foot of my bed. I was at the top bunk, So that means this bitch is levitating, you know, like floating. And I was just like and in my head, I was like, oh my god, I'm just a kid. I'm just a kid. Leave me alone, Leave me alone. I was freaking out. I was paralyzed in fear. I couldn't get a word out.
Speaker 1: Wait, So how much of her. Could you see if you're on a top bunk, I could she like peeking up?
Speaker 2: No, peeking up? Ooh no. But you know, I look back and I vividly remember this experience, and I do you know remember that. I don't think she was trying to creep me out. She was just staring at me. Like, looking back now with an adult, like my vivid memory of her is like, maybe she was trying to communicate to me and not creep me out. She wasn't doing anything spooky other than hanging on to the foot of my bed and staring.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's creepy. It was in the light, and like if you're still alive and you're just.
Speaker 2: Staring at Yeah, it was like intensely staring at me. So I was paralyzed with fear, My blood ran cold, all that stuff people say I and I was trying to scream for my parents, but nothing would come out, and I was just laying there and it felt like, for all I know, it was two minutes, but it felt like a lifetime. It could have been thirty minutes. I do not know to this day how long that went on. And I just remember like thinking, okay, my voice isn't working. So I thought maybe if I telepathically communicate to this thing, because I was just so scared. So I just stared back at it, and I just kept saying, I'm a little kid, leave me alone. I'm a little kid, Leave me alone. I just was hoping it would pick up on my what I was saying. And then so more car lights started coming by, and then I remember this, you know, so another car drove by, and as that light wrapped around the room, then like kind of choreographed with that car light, this woman figure floated over to my sister's bed, and I was just like kept talking it like as much as I could in my head. I just kept saying, don't touch me. Whatever you do, don't touch me because I'll really freak out. Yeah, and then she hovered over my sister and started bending over, almost like the way a mom kisses a kid good night, uh huh, bending over my sister. And then it just faded into my sister and disappeared. What. Yeah, So I wouldn't say that it possessed my sister or it just kind of disappeared into that direction. I don't know, you know, my sister never acted bizarre or anything.
Speaker 1: But did your sisters. They were both asleep, they were dead asleep.
Speaker 2: Nobody heard me. And then I was still paralyzed with fear. It took about and really at this point, I started looking at the clock. We had this like little alarm clock, and I kept looking at it. In about thirty minutes passed by before I was able to get my voice back. And then I just started screaming, freaking out the whole family, like ran into the room, flipping out all the lights, and I told my mom and dad what I saw, what happened, And you know, they just thought I saw something scary on TV that I wouldn't admit, you know, they thought I was lying about watching cable when I wasn't supposed to, and so they thought I saw something that I wasn't supposed to, like some scary movie, right, And they just didn't believe me. They believed I was afraid, but they thought I was just seeing things and being like in a overly active imagination, you know.
Speaker 1: But was that something that had happened in the house before.
Speaker 2: No, I never It just came out of nowhere. But then later about like a few months later, after i'd been made to feel like a complete nut. My mom and my brother admitted to hearing some weird stuff in the house.
Speaker 1: Really was it?
Speaker 2: Like My mom admitted that at night she would hear somebody walking up and down the hallway and closing and opening the bathroom door when she knew everybody was dead asleep. And also and my brother also admitted finally to seeing some like a lady walking around and it sounded like what I saw, like a description of what I saw, this woman walking around the living room that he said he saw.
Speaker 1: She can walk and she can float.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess, I don't know. Jealous, I know, right, fears so. So so that was my first, probably an only kind of paranormal experience that absolutely felt very real to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's terrifying.
Speaker 2: It was creepy, creepy. And then I never had another experience again, not in that house, you know. So it was a divided family. There was six of us, and so three of us had a weird experience, and then the other three thought we were nuts.
Speaker 1: So that's the thing that I one of the many things I don't understand about ghosts is like do you just be ghostly when you feel like it? Like, you know, it's like why aren't you always just ghosting around? Like why are sometimes consistent?
Speaker 2: And then like and it was awful to when you're a little kid and I'm like, I swear I'm not making this up. I swear I didn't watch anything scary like, and they just don't.
Speaker 1: Believe you because when you know, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know what I saw and it was terrifying.
Speaker 1: So but going back to like your theories of belief, is that like what do you think that's.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it is a fact of science that we everything on this planet has energy. You know, we're energy based. So when our our you know, our bodies, which are a case of meat. When that case of meat, you know, the case of meat that houses the energy that you are sure you know when that dies, well everything has to go somewhere. I just figured, you know, we are a ball of energy inside and that doesn't just vanish. So I figured maybe these are remnants of energy, like an imprint that's left behind, and maybe that's why they don't consistently spook us, because maybe just I don't know, puffs of energy present themselves, you know, something like that, or maybe it's a it's an extraterrestrial visiting from a parallel universe. You know, to me, that makes more sense that they're UFO, not UFOs, but extraterrestrials, you know, like, yeah, I'm to Mexican to say that correctly, extra to arrest terrest, you're a little terrest terrestrial reals anyway. So I just feel like perhaps there's an explanation out there that we just have not tapped into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and who knows if we ever will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and maybe we never have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I also know that for your bachelorette party, when was that like two years ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was actually about a year and a half ago.
Speaker 1: A year and a half ago, you did something so fun. You did a ghost hunt for your Is that right? A ghost direct?
Speaker 2: Correct? Well, I for you know, for my wedding, I hadn't really had no desire to have a bridal shower, bachelorette party, none of the frills. I'm just like, I don't know, I'm not interested in that. I being a professional entertainer, I think you get we get plenty of attention, sure, you know, and our jobs are very crowd heavy. So for my private nuptials, I actually wanted things as small and private as possible. But you know, my girlfriends, they're so wonderful and so loving, and they just wanted to celebrate it and more, you know, and they wanted me to have the experiences that they thought I would regret not having. So one of my dear girlfriends, Pleasant Gayman and La Icon, she's an incredible individual to performer, dancer, actor and her own right author. She convinced me to having a bachelorette party, and I just thought, well, who better than Pleasant Gayman who is also a professional paranormal investigator. And she's a longtime friend. We've been really good friends for over twenty years.
Speaker 1: We have to get her on here.
Speaker 2: Yes you do, Yes, you absolutely do. She's wonderful and so she's like she suggested a bachelorette party, and I just thought, well, why don't we do a paranormal investigation and you know, and she offered to host it. It's what she does anyway, and so I just thought it'd be really fun because although I don't believe the irony is that I love getting scared, to me, it's really fun.
Speaker 1: Sure, I love.
Speaker 2: Ghostly getting scared, and so I just thought it'd be fun and different and I'm not into traditional bachelorette parties. I'm not a big drinker. I don't like to party, so I thought this was perfect for me. Daytime ghost hunting.
Speaker 1: So where which that's my preference. If I am to go ghost hunting, Why does it have to be at night? It's always at night. We got that green night vision camera and everyone's eyes look all spooky. I don't like that.
Speaker 2: See to me, if you see something during the day that's more credible.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, so where did you guys go for your So.
Speaker 2: The whole thing was we needed to find a free location.
Speaker 1: Sure, so were there places you were shopping around?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And so pleasant my paranormal investigator, she suggested a theater.
Speaker 1: She said that they're always haunted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said, theaters have a lot of haunted energy. So she said, try to find a theater and let's try to get it for free. Unless you know somebody that has a house that it's really haunted. I don't know anybody who owns a haunted house. So then theater was our best bet. And you know, being in the business, we know a lot of theaters, so we have relationships with theaters. So I went to the Cavern Club theater where you and I performed, and we have a very strong relationship with that venue, and they were more than happy to loan as the theater for my little bachelorette party. I invited fifteen of my closest girlfriends and it was really spooky and exciting, and we did an investigation in the theater and immediately immediately had experiences.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, I've worked there a billion times at this point, and I've never I don't know that my senses have gone off there. I mean, I don't know anywhere that's dark and I'm by myself. I'm immediately convinced it's haunted, But yeah, I don't know what came through, what happened.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that because I too. I mean I've been performing at this theater for at least fifteen years and never ever had a weird vibe, never felt anything. But also I don't think I'm tuned into that stuff because I'm not open to it generally. As much as I love getting spooked, it takes a lot to get me there.
Speaker 1: But there is such a just like fun vibe in that theater because yeah, I mean there's really only like comedy, campy kind of shows that happened there. And it's a very family owned restaurant that is above the theater, so it's definitely not a dark energy or was that ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, there's always such a loving vibe in there. That's why I've never picked up on anything spooky, which makes me think maybe it's an unworldly loving vibe. You know, it could be like Hippi Ghosts who came through. Well, this was not very loving. It was like a spooky thing for real. And I think it helped to have this paranormal team because they seem to know what they're doing, and they really conjured up some shit that I couldn't on my own without. They had the EVP. I forgot what it's called, that machine that picks up Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So she had all her equipment, all like the stuff you see on TV, and including the Ouiji board for fun, and we did all kinds of funny stuff. It was like being in a slump at a slumber part. So she well pleasant, she probably would she would do a much better job explaining the process because I'm a complete novice and I was just in it for the fun, and so she just started asking questions, you know, Uh, to the air, like, if there's somebody here, make this light flash. And sure enough, immediately she had this little contraption with four different colored lights, so like a Simon says game from the eighties, and so she would say, if you're present, make the blue light go on twice, like very specific instructions, and immediately boom boom, like the lights were happening, and we're like, oh my god, oh my god. And there was an empty chair right next to my maid of honor, who was none other than Margaret Chow. She herself has had many paranormal experiences, should be a great guest. Anyway, she was sitting there wasn't anybody sitting next to her, Her seat was empty, and she's like, Margaret's like, oh my god, can you feel this? And her chair was like there was no ac directly above it, and it was super cold, like after we got that communication on the lights. So and it was right behind me. So I turned around and I hover my hand over the chair, and it was undeniable that the temperature over that chair vastly different from any other seat.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, she was sitting in it.
Speaker 2: The chair next next to her, which was empty. It it was like ice cold, but like right next to her, it's warm and no, like it was so obvious everybody could feel it, like a huge temperature difference. So I don't know what that's about. So so then so then we all gravitated to that chair, and pleasant brought that a little meter that picks up the EVPs and put it next to that chair and started asking it questions and he and he began responding, and so we learned that this presence, whatever it was, identified itself as the burglar who was killed in that basement in the sixties, and it is a it is a confirmed story by the owners of the restaurant slash theater. The story goes that, I guess in the sixties there were I guess it was already a restaurant. I'm not too clear on that. But also yeah, at one point that the same building with a church. So there's been two deaths in the basement which is now a theater where we were doing our paranormal investigation. I'm not clear on the timeline who died first, but the place used to be a church and there was h and they used to cook in the basement for the parishioners, and there was a I believe a fourteen year old. I know it was a teenage girl who died in a cooking fire.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: So but it was something like she died. I think she survived for a short period of time. And that's how the family who owned this church had to sell it to the current owners, who turned it into a restaurant theater. They had to unload the property to make money to medically treat this girl who eventually who ended up dying anyway. Oh and so there's that death related there to that girl. But also so getting back to the burglar, the story goes that this guy broke in to when I'm not sure if it was a restaurant yet I think it was. It was a restaurant. Actually, he broke in to hold up the place. He got into a scuffle with one of the restaurant employees, I think a busboy or a server or something, and there was a gun between them. So the other restaurant employees saw what was happening. They all jumped on the burglar and then the scuffle the gun went off and the burglar was shot, and that's where he died. Was it in the basement or I believe it was from what I'm from what I was told, and so he died trying to rob the place, but none of the employees died. And so he said, so the that entity from my bachelorette party identified himself as that burglar.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so but you know, pleasant's really fun. And she's like, would you like a margarita? And he's like, yeah, you could clearly hear him say yes margarita.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, And where's that recording is it? Was it recorded?
Speaker 2: I don't think it was recorded. I don't It was just live fee from that meter thing.
Speaker 1: He sounds fun.
Speaker 2: He was fun. We were kind of scared. I wasn't too scared, just because it was daytime and it was a room full of my girlfriends. Uh huh, but there was some of the guests were like kind of terrified.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet so.
Speaker 2: We had a lot of weird communication like that.
Speaker 1: Well, and one thing to make very clear, because we love Casita del Campo, Yes, you will never get a creepy vibe in there, so please go check out the food, check out the shows that they have there. It is really a magical blessing blessing the word I use. It's a really amazing place that we have here in Los Angeles. It is it's very lucky to have it.
Speaker 2: It's very special and it needs to continue to be supported. That place is nothing but love.
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, I can't believe that. Well, speaking of EVPs, we do a little thing here on Ghosted by Ross Dressful as it is called EVP or ev plice. So you already know all about EVPs. You have your experiences with them. Yes, now you know what you heard. But sometimes paranormal investigators get creative with what they think they hear.
Speaker 2: Right, Sometimes it's a stretch and.
Speaker 1: Maybe you know, maybe they maybe it was a different experience in person, or I don't know. I'm not going to discredit anyone, but I just want you to guess what these EVPs are. So the first one we're going to do was posted by a YouTuber with an account called huff Paranormal. Lots of pretty great paranormal investigations on that channel. Should check it out, Oh I will. He went to different graves and at.
Speaker 2: This score, I'm already scared.
Speaker 1: I know, because that's I believe he's wrote in the description like I wasn't sure if there would be ghosts, just lingering around their graves or not. But he went to do it. He went to this grave of somebody named Wanda.
Speaker 2: Wanda.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he first you're gonna hear his voice saying I was here yesterday, and then it's gonna repeat three times what he heard, and I want you to guess, okay, and it could it could be an EVP or it could be an evy. Please I was here yesterday. I don't know. Okay. It repeated three times, so it whispered a very short sentence three times. Let's try to go on.
Speaker 2: Please yeah, I get up, Please yeah.
Speaker 1: I It was a you can kind of hear a whisper I do something. But he did think he wrote a what's the word? I'm looking for a subtitle on the on the video of what he thinks it's said. Was it a work bitch? B I will tell you the word bitch is in what he thought it sud b. Wanda's a bitch. See, I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother or d it's Britney.
Speaker 2: Bitch now it will It's one of those.
Speaker 1: It's one of those.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, this is a tough one. I I did pick up a faint whisper, but it's nothing I could make out at all. I don't even hear bitch. I don't hear anything. I know.
Speaker 1: Well it was the correct answer was b wanda's a bitch?
Speaker 2: Like? I hear the like, did the rhythm of it?
Speaker 1: Wander's up? Bitch?
Speaker 2: See like? Now I feel influenced because now that I know the word bitch is in there. Now I hear a bitch, right, But without that Franklin didn't. I just heard a whisper. That a gibberish. I just hear gibberish.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, this one I think is a little bit more clear. This was posted by some YouTube account called Scary Mysteries, and this was a paranormal investigation that was done at the Athens Lunatic Asylum in Athens, Ohio, which actually opened up in nineteen seventy or sorry, eighteen seventy four, back when they would call it just a lunatic asylum, and it closed its doors in nineteen ninety three. And there's some real spooky stories about this place. There was a body of a woman that kind of wandered off, and she was naked, and she wandered off and she ended up dying and her body just decomposed in the floor. And they say that if you still go in there, there is like this fo of it, this like stain outline of a body.
Speaker 2: That's just I believe it. Can I interject really quick? My friend uh have a house where she bought a house where somebody killed himself and they found them in the living room and to this day you can see the trace of his head like they can't there's nothing you can do to wash it off, and so she just has a chair over it. It's spooky.
Speaker 1: Is it the same carpet?
Speaker 2: No, it's hardwood floor. Oh okay, And I guess when you die or whatever, your body like stains the floor.
Speaker 1: Or maybe it's the spear at maybe Okay, So this is the EVP that was taking at the Athens Athens Lunatic Asylum.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I definitely hear something. Again, I can't make out what there's I'll.
Speaker 1: Give you some options. Was it a would you help us? B? Will you yelp? Us seem enchiladas? Or d oh my god, hi, I'm a ghost day?
Speaker 2: Do you hear a ghost seas?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I think it's a US would you help us, I hear the help us. I don't like that. I wish I had my recording of the VP from my bachelorrete party. It is way clear, like it's like a guy talking to you. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I've been ghosted too. Okay, well, we have a little bit of time to do. Uh, we're gonna read a story. This was submitted to me by a guy named Brayden. And uh, this story actually it's a story of something happening to a child when it's similar to your story, but it also warning and involves children.
Speaker 2: Ghosts, which aren't the worst, the creepiest. Yeah, I'm sorry someone's kid died, but there's nothing scarier than a dead kid.
Speaker 1: Okay. We were visiting our grandparents in Hawaii when I had my first run in with the dead. My Grandpa Hank and Grandma Pam had a lovely patch of land. And why Mia is that it's called Ai? Why Mia?
Speaker 2: Why Mia?
Speaker 1: My parents were putting me to bed one night when I began to hear a children's.
Speaker 2: Chorus, ooh, a chorus.
Speaker 1: Singing what I presumed to be some Jesus Camp type church song. Oddly enough, I found comfort in the lullaby like the lullaby like tones of the kids singing. There was, in fact, a church roughly fifty feet away from the property, so I assumed the sound carried. The singing grew louder and louder, and I couldn't help but poke my head out the window as Mama tucked me in. What are you looking at? She asked, Oh, they have there dialogue in the story. What are you looking at? She asked. I explained to her exactly what I saw. Half a dozen kids around my age playing in the tree fortress my brother Evan and I had claimed as our own. Being a typical kid, I felt such a longing to ditch bedtime and join them. I want to go play with them, I demanded of Mama. Who's sweetie? Who? She asked, thoroughly confused them, I pointed, matter of factly, Honey, nobody is out there, she stated. My face instantly felt flushed. Without missing a beat, I dove under my covers and instantly started crying. These kids were so real. I swore I could see the butter the butterfly clips in one of the curl's braids. Oh my god, a little bit of fashion, a little flair, a little clip that means she had a Delia magazine. You know this magazine and catalog. Okay, my sobbing caused a commotion, and Daddy and Evan came running from the living room to see what was the matter. I couldn't stop shouting, They're real, I saw them. My parents didn't know how to process the information that their child had seen people that simply weren't there. According to my grandpa, the very church down the street had a horrible fire a few years prior, and several children had been burnt alive. To Mama, there was no question that the very kids I heard singing in the trees were the same kids who suffered the fire.
Speaker 2: Oh, believed him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a chorus of children swing around.
Speaker 2: I don't like that. Oh my god. Wait now I'm having all these memories. Can I share one quick one? Obviously I totally forgot about this, but uh, I was on tour with a variety choir. Yeah, it goes was a tour with Margaret Show. It was a variety shoulder. There was like a cast of about ten of us and we did I think like a two month run at the Zipper Theater in New York City, which is the sip we were the last show there and then the Zipper shut down. But the Zipper Theater, I apparently, was spooky, and everybody there who worked at the theater said, oh yeah, it's haunted, blah blah blah. And I always rolled my eyes of that shit, like everybody desperately wants their theater to be haunted, you know. And so sure enough, one night we're doing the show, you know, it's a grind, and there's this one part in the show where the entire cast is on stage and it's right before a solo number of mine. So everybody's on stage and I'm by myself in the dressing room waiting for my turn to go do my solo number. So I'm just standing there and all the lights are on, and out of nowhere I see, like I look at the floor and there's a giant shadow hovering over me, and like there's nothing above me, Like there's no reason why there she'd be a.
Speaker 1: Shadow, like in the form of a human.
Speaker 2: It was kind I wouldn't say it was a form of a human, but it had It wasn't like a box or it wasn't like a square or a circle. It had a funky shape like maybe you know, ahead and shoulders but kind of wobbling, you know, not like a perfect shape, and so I shipped my pants. That was it was really really scary and what a way to go on stage because I was just like, but yeah, that was a really bizarre enduring. It was really scary.
Speaker 1: I wonder why theaters are so haunted.
Speaker 2: I don't understand that, Like why isn't it restaurants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's it's just like la, It's like these stage people that need to be performing even in the afterlife.
Speaker 2: That's true, and I know.
Speaker 1: They want to be seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm not the only cast member. Other people in the cast had like strange experiences, like just nobody wanted to be the one who was like the crazy for sure, but it was it was weird and it was a really old theater, but it also had like incredible creative energy and love and the same vibes we feel like Casita, but on a larger scale. And I mean usually.
Speaker 1: Theater ghosts aren't like bad energy.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I did work at a theater where they said that there were times when the ghosts would keep the house doors open so that the show couldn't like start and they would just like fuck with it? Whoa turn lights on during the show house lights and stuff?
Speaker 2: Really, did you ever witness it?
Speaker 1: No? Not that, But there's probably some ghosts that didn't get the part. They had to play a tree and then they died because a set piece fell on them, and now they're pissed.
Speaker 2: They're the Bob Fosse of the afterlife.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now I have one last question. Fine, no question. It's kind of a difficult one for you because you don't necessarily believe in this stuff. But let's say in another world where you believe fully in the afterlife, and in a world where you might possibly die before.
Speaker 2: Me, it's gonna happen, will you come back and visit me? I no, I cannot pretend to not be myself. Oh my god, I can't. Once once my body dies, once my physical meat pack dies, I hope I don't have the ability to come back. I hope it's over. I am. My wish is that everything just goes dark and it's over.
Speaker 1: It's done, done.
Speaker 2: I just it's an off switch. I don't have that ego to believe that I must continue on somehow, like at any capacity. So it really brings me peace and comfort to believe that on dead it's over.
Speaker 1: Well, that brings me peace to know that once you're dad.
Speaker 2: Am I gonna compole your feet?
Speaker 1: Oh no no, but like I'll be like, Okay, she's not visiting me because she's good. Like she's where she needs to be and she doesn't need to go anywhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just see my future is fertilizer.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Really. But as much as I'd love to come visit you, yeah, you don't want to have rub my bunk bed. I'd rather visit you in the living.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that. Well, listen, Selena Luna, you are one of my favorite packs of meat, and I'm so happy you came down here. Tell people where they can find you.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Instagram and on Twitter, Selene Luna.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you so much for listening. As always, I want to hear your ghost stories. So here's how you can get them to me. Please write a review. Give me five stars first, so or I'm not reading your story. You gotta give me five stars first if you like the show. If you didn't like the show, you wouldn't care about me reading. So anyway, give me five stars. Please on Apple podcasts, on Stitcher, on Himalaya or anywhere that podcasts are found in any place. You could give me a fabulous rating and I want to read your story on the air in a future episode. Also, if you have had an EVP experience, if you have captured the voice of a ghost, send it to me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. Be sure to tell me a little bit of a backstory and what you think the ghost said, and me and my guests will try to figure out if that's true or not. Please help my childhood dream come true of becoming an Instagram celebrity by following me at Roz dres Falles on Instagram. I'm also on Twitter. I have a Facebook page. You can find out some live appearances on there as well. I love you all so much. Thank you for listening, both living people and dead people. You mean the world to me. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Gay Bye.