Speaker 1: Wine Down with Janet Kramer and I'm heart Radio Podcast.
Speaker 2: We're going to start the show mad at Easton. How's that sound?
Speaker 3: I'm mad at you Easton, You're mad at me?
Speaker 2: I am guys, this is the wine Down pot.
Speaker 3: I'm like really mad. I like how to well it was Jana's idea, but Jana had a really good idea and I was like, oh, and then they mentioned, oh, Easton could come, he should come out to Wilmington and help.
Speaker 4: But no, ohday, It's yeah, it's my damn birthday.
Speaker 1: Selfish of you?
Speaker 3: Selfish. I didn't want to come to Tree Hill.
Speaker 2: Do you do you have a thing against One Tree Hill?
Speaker 4: I love One Tree Hill and I love It's true. I love, I love the city of Wilmington. I loved my two days I spent there, and that was the last flight I took before the pandemic.
Speaker 2: Tell me here, tell me your favorite thing about One Tree Hill.
Speaker 4: My favorite thing about One Tree Hill definitely uh uh. I love the character of Alex Duprey.
Speaker 2: You've never seen it.
Speaker 5: I love you.
Speaker 3: I like that the show.
Speaker 4: I love I love the basketball aspect. I love everything that happens at Trick. I love uh uh. All the great role models in the show.
Speaker 3: What was your favorite Alex Duprey scene?
Speaker 4: Go the definitely the one where she where she models the clothes over bros.
Speaker 2: Okay, you did watch that's a that's a good one. The day you sang on there, I.
Speaker 4: Have a clothes over bros shirt Jana that I wear with regularity.
Speaker 5: Really with regular Yes, you know who.
Speaker 2: I was so surprised that was a wonder Hill fan was Jimmy Allen When I didn't know that, Yeah, I was just like, I remember the first time meeting him, he called me Alex Duprey and I was like, wait, I'm so confused.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think a lot of people are closet.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just found out that my best friend was a massive tree Hiller. Matt An, I'm sorry what I thought you liked me for me? Catherine to.
Speaker 4: The House of At the House of Blues, Anaheim, You're performing, and you know, everyone's going crazy because it's a Janet Creamer show, and then like in the middle you're like, where am my one tree Hiller's at And the place started vibring. It was I've never heard an audience reaction like that before.
Speaker 2: I know tree Hillers are like the greatest people in the world. But we're trying to do a podcast in The problem is is I'm going to Ireland, and then I got some travel, and then I was going to I'm going to a wonder Hill convention. So we were trying to do like a live not live, but recording from there. But it's just Easton. Everyone can just write to Easton and just say that they're just disappointed in Easton on his birthday. What are you and your wife.
Speaker 5: Going to do? I don't know, but I don't. We have a low plans, but I didn't want to like not be with her.
Speaker 2: I'm so kidding. I'm We're literally just giving you a hard time. I'm not really excited for you. And when I got I got probably a big one, right, it's a big forty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh my god, is he like twenty? Thanks?
Speaker 4: I love Yes, I am twenty. I am twenty years old. You know, you know thirty fourth, the thirty fourth year is a big year.
Speaker 5: It's a big deal. Everyone remembers their thirty fourth birthday. It's a big one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would take that over Wilmington too, for sure.
Speaker 4: My heart broke when I got the call because I was like, if this was any other day, I would jump at this opportunity. You know, if it was my wedding anniversary, I would have gone. But oh my god, that's a joke. No, But I'm very sad I won't be able to be there because I do love the city of Wilmington, uh and I love One Tree Hill and I most importantly though, I just love.
Speaker 5: Hanging out with Janet.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 5: You know, well any moment I can get to be with you in personal.
Speaker 2: Page sure, which I want to talk about in a second, but I just want to say that today is a special Filo bonus episode. We love Filo all the channels that we can get, and you can watch a Filo today to see Jenny Garth in a kind hearted Christmas. And again, remember guys, if you want to watch Filo in so many amazing TV shows and streaming all of your favorites, you can get twenty five percent off your first two months, which is an insane deal. So go to Filo dot tv slash Jana Easton, I need you back on because the last time we hung out was in Vegas and we never talked about it when we gambled.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's right, my high roller moment.
Speaker 2: No fun so completely it was we were why were we there over the iHeart Festival? Yeah, And I asked Easton, it was amazing, beautiful wife to come gamble with us and so and you guys, you thought we were just going to go to like the slow we're not big gamblers.
Speaker 4: So I was like, oh, I think we're gonna and I didn't know about you know what a high roller you are, so we're just gonna we're well, no, we we thought it was gonna make slots and stuff. When we get down there and Jane is like, we're playing blackjack, and I'm like, oh, geez, I don't know how to last I played this game.
Speaker 5: I got yelled at by an old man like I don't I don't know how.
Speaker 4: To do this, but wow, what an experience that was.
Speaker 5: Sits down at the table.
Speaker 2: So he sits down at the table, sit.
Speaker 5: Down the table.
Speaker 4: I think we put down forty dollars because that was what I had in my pocket. And uh, we you know, Jana tells us what to do because she's like, okay, you got it. You gotta stay when when to hit? I learned the little hand motions you tap the table. You know, yea, you shake your hand when it's time to stay, and uh, you know, it's fun. We I will say, we lose almost all of our money, like in the first few hands. Then Jana, my guardian angel, she gives me ten dollars to keep playing, and and then that's when they's turned around. Then oh man, we were just winning, baby, We're like at one point some friends of mine came by to say hi, and I turned my back, and then I came back and like the money had tripled.
Speaker 5: It was just a giant pile of chips. I could. We won like two hundred dollars at the end of it. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: I know, it was so cute. It was so fun to sit there and play. I mean, I love black Jacket. I think it's so much fun, especially when there's a good person.
Speaker 3: Like we had a terrible dealer that night, but we had the other two men at the table that were amazing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there's so so fun.
Speaker 3: So that made it better. And then they helped us and stay.
Speaker 2: Or bottom line is we like to hang out with you to Easton, so.
Speaker 5: Oh thank you. That really was a special moment.
Speaker 4: I was like, I can't believe I'm getting all this money and I get to hang out with Jana and Catherine.
Speaker 5: This is so much fun.
Speaker 3: You like hanging out with me?
Speaker 1: To Easton?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 5: I felt like I hit the jackpile.
Speaker 2: Oh but I'm want Hey, Mark, you want to come to Wilmington.
Speaker 3: Oh no, Dad, Dad, I.
Speaker 7: Promise I'm not nearly as fun as Easton to hang out with. Enjoyable. I'm back.
Speaker 3: Oh did you get COVID?
Speaker 7: No? No, No, Everything's fine. Some days I'm in, some days I'm gonna keeping.
Speaker 3: One day in. You got COVID?
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 2: Interesting. So we have Jenny Garth coming on. I'm excited to talk to them about Christmas. What are you looking forward to Christmas? Mark?
Speaker 7: I am looking forward to going to Hawaii.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 7: I've never been to Hawaii before. This was an idea that came last Christmas. We were in Big Bear because it was the first Christmas we couldn't go to Wisconsin. It'd been you know, our kids have never not spent Christmas in Wisconsin with the grandparents. So my brother in law, who is a mailman, said, I am off the week of Christmas and New Year. In twenty one I'm never off Christmas and New Year. I may never again be off Christmas in New Year. Let's go to Hawaii. So we got it all planned out. We're going to Owaihu Is that where Honolulu is?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've only been to Kawai and Maui. I recommend and taking a little plane if you have time to go to Kauai because it's.
Speaker 7: Well, we're doing two weeks there, so we may have time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like Kawhi is beautiful, and then Maui is it's kind of like la. But the road to Hanna is stunning. So if you have a chance to do that too, great. But I've never been to Wahu. You all tell tell us how.
Speaker 7: Very excited we're flying in Honolulu. There's this really cool like resort where, like you know, presidents stay and that's where our ABNB is right near that. So yeah, we're very excited.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh my goodness, I have a So then you are you selling celebrating actually Christmas there?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're there for Christmas and then we leave New Year's Day.
Speaker 2: I say, I've always wondered about that because like you just tell your kids that Sanna comes to or I guess the kids know there's no Sanna. So now they're that.
Speaker 7: Eighteen, they're fifteen and twelve. Yeah, I mean yeah, they've done every They were sad to not go to Wisconsin, but we brought up the idea of Hawaii. They're like, oh that's better. Yeah, let's see.
Speaker 2: I think that'll be fun eventually, because like right now I'm in the stage like I love having beat, like not traveling and being here. But once they get older, it's kind of like, okay, this is like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talk about that all the time. Yeah. Nick's like, are we at that point now where we're traveling yet or are we still buy five year old?
Speaker 2: Tell me ye oh yeah, and then.
Speaker 3: You have to like still buy for the older kids or the five year old's gonna be like, wait, why didn't they get sharing Sannah. So we're close but not there yet.
Speaker 2: Well let's take a break and then talk more Christmas with Jenny Garth. I am constantly looking for ways to cut expenses. Oh my goodness, where do I start all the stuff for the kids, all my things that I like to do. Maybe a little bit of Amazon. So when I added up what I pay every month for cable plus a couple premium channels on top of what I pay for on demand streaming services.
Speaker 3: I was shocked.
Speaker 2: Well, Filo was created by TV lovers for TV lovers. Here's what I get for just twenty five dollars a month over sixty premium TV channels, A massive on demand library of top tier beloved shows and movies to watch any time. I want, unlimited DVR, the best and biggest in industry that lets me save shows for up to a year, and I can stream Filo on up to three devices at the same time. Filo is super easy to set up with no hassles and no contracts. Add up what you're paying for TV and streaming brutal right, Well, Filo gives me a totally better TV experience for just twenty five dollars a month. And I asked my friends at Filo if I could offer you guys a special deal to try Filo, and they said, of course. So I got you twenty five percent off your first two months. Go to Filo dot tv slash Jana. That's Filo dot TV slash Jana.
Speaker 1: Hi pretty lady, Hi, Sorry, sorry, I thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Wait, don't even worry. I was giving my best d some total gossip.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 2: Are you excited to get into the holiday spirit?
Speaker 3: My friend?
Speaker 6: So, yeah, this morning I took my daughter who's in high school, to school in my bathrobe and slippers, and then I came home in the same bathrobe and slippers and put up to Halloween decorations.
Speaker 1: What is it two days before Halloween?
Speaker 3: Hey, least they're up. I mean I don't even have them up, so that's fair.
Speaker 1: So I'm doing good.
Speaker 6: I'm in the Halloween spirit and then I'm going to get into the Thanksgiving spirit, and then I'm going to do the Christmas spirit.
Speaker 1: I loved you that day.
Speaker 2: And speaking of the robes, do you want to say when you talked about their Dana story?
Speaker 3: So, like last week, I showed up to the bus stop. You know, my hair is like frizzy in my pajamas, I may or may not have to brawn. I don't even remember at this point, and really not. All the moms at the bus stop are like dressed to the nines, and I'm like, do we do this? Like do we dress up for the bus stop? So anyway, so I did a story and I was like, who dresses up for the bus stop? And who looks like this, you know, and most people looked like said.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it looks like me.
Speaker 2: I don't remember every wearing a broad to the bus stop like I just my hair is never bro I.
Speaker 3: Just had a sweatshirt on. So yeah, really tell you.
Speaker 6: Guys, I'm so jealous that you have a bus stop to go to. I will live in a town with a bus stop.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, make your way to Tennessee. And it's I'm telling you what it's. It's the bus stop is it's it's a happening place. Let me tell you it sounds nice.
Speaker 3: The same for the car rider line, Like half those people have to be wearing like you said, the bathrobe, right, not like dressed up in the car.
Speaker 1: I hope. So my windows are really tinted so I can be in there. I can do whatever I want in my.
Speaker 5: Car and I won't know.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 2: My mom always said though, She's like, what happens if like you break down and I'm like, well, then I'm gonna look like, you know, someone with a robe and slippers on, Like that's fine.
Speaker 1: I always think that. Can you just imagine it on the side of the freeway.
Speaker 2: Slippers Jenny would have had a field day with you.
Speaker 1: I literally was the thoughts.
Speaker 6: Were going through my mind as obviouly was like, oh shit, okay, I cannot have an accident.
Speaker 1: I've drive really carefully.
Speaker 6: And then I was thinking, oh, it's when you think you have to drive really carefully, that's when you have an accident.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: So I just let it go and whatever happened. But I made it home and no accidents.
Speaker 2: And now you look beautiful and you decorated for Halloween like you're you're you're there. When do you decorate for Christmas? Oh?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: I was thinking it would be fun to do it right after Halloween, but then when you have Thanksgiving. I don't like to cross the holidays because it gets confusing. Like to me, I'm the only one that really cares. But I just want to like really enjoy Thanksgiving because I have a daughter. One of my daughters is coming home from college for Thanksgiving and then she's coming home again for Christmas. So I thought I wanted to really like feel like it's Thanksgiving, and then when she comes back the second time, I wanted to really feel like it's Christmas. So I'm going to wait until the day after Thanksgiving to decorate this year.
Speaker 3: I love that I have.
Speaker 2: I was talking to Catherine about this because I'm obviously recently divorced, and I started to get a little emotional when I started seeing, you know, everyone dressing up for Halloween, because we used to always like go out and like we would dress up together as a family, and now it's like, oh, it's different. And then I was like, oh God, And then so like Christmas and like I don't even know if I want to put a put up decorations because then that's just going to like make me sad or like what did you do after your divorce to like did you embrace it or were you just like how was that first? Because I'm I'm I'm gonna be honest, like I'm like, I feel like even like thinking about it and just like get so emotional thinking about the first holiday of being divorced and being single.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well for my last divorce, I had to I wait, I really thought about my kids. Like I just thought, yeah, that is going to make me sad, but I don't really matter right now. What matters is my kid's happiness and making this you know, a good holiday for them because they're going through the ringer in their own way dealing with all of this, and so I just wanted to make things seem as cozy and comfortable and familiar for them as I possibly could. So you kind of just have to put yourself on the back burner, HM.
Speaker 1: Which were used to doing. So we're good at it.
Speaker 6: But it just keep you know, just keep that in the forefront of your mind, that the kids really deserve a holiday, and you know, they didn't ask for this divorce. They didn't you know, it's not their fault. So just keep those things in mind.
Speaker 2: No, that's so true, And I appreciate you even because I'm like part of me is like, man, I didn't even think of like, of course, it's like it's for the kids, but I think, you know, I don't know. I'm like, well, yeah, dun now, I like really want to go all out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you want it to be familiar and yeah, I'm all you don't want it to feel like a different year, you know, I mean.
Speaker 6: Just do it, do it, or you could just say screw it and take them on a tropical vacation for Christmas.
Speaker 2: That sounds great, that Mark, I'm coming to see all that in Hawaii because we were just talking about that. Yeah, no, I no, I get that, but no, but that makes that makes sense. I feel like it's just yeah, kind of walking through the like first that I'm just kind of like figuring out a little bit. But I wonder too, like do you ever feel like from your last divorce, like did it take you a while to kind of move on or did did you feel because because I like, I feel like I kind of keep going back when it's like I feel like I go forward and then I go ten steps back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean everybody's circumstances are different, but yeah, every time, you know, I would have to face my ex and his then girlfriend at my doorstep picking up my daughters to take them for a week, I took a million steps back, you know that. And when you have kids and you share custody, that's really hard and it makes it really hard to get over it because that person's in your life forever now and you have to find a way to sort of manage that and.
Speaker 1: Be okay with it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I I actually was on the treadmill earlier today and he was my ex was calling me about something and I just like had like this anxietness, like heaviness in my chest and because I think I'm just like upset about the emotions of the holiday and not wanting this and everything else. And it's like I found myself being like a little snippy, and I'm like, man, like, I can't wait till I can like release that and just be like, hey, how are you and like not care and not have the like the that energy. But it's it's it's hard, like is there any do you have any tips or do you have any like anything to like help, like, because I'm like I'm doing the therapy, I'm doing the work. Is it just time or.
Speaker 1: It's just time? It honestly is.
Speaker 6: And then at some point something clicks inside of you and you just don't care anymore. And maybe it's that you've moved on, maybe you've met someone else. Maybe you are you know, so immersed in discovering yourself and like living your life for yourself for once that things will just sort of fall into place and then you'll realize, wait, I don't.
Speaker 1: Harbor that.
Speaker 6: Anger and resentment every time I hear his name or talk to him as much. And it's not like a finite thing like it doesn't definitely happen all at once, and sometimes it comes back, you know. I mean, it's just about noticing it and I think honoring it because you get to have those feelings, you know, and managing them and telling yourself, I think I'm better where I am now, and I'm great, I'm you know. One of the weirdest things that I will always remember from my divorce was that my husband at the time said, when we were getting a divorce, he said, someday, you're going to thank me for this.
Speaker 1: I was like, are you kidding? I Am never going to thank you for this? And now I get it.
Speaker 3: I see that.
Speaker 6: Not that he was some sort of profit and could see the future or anything, but I do. I feel great full that my life is the way it is now instead of trying to make it work in a situation that just couldn't work.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mmmm hmm, that is good. Just yeah, it's sorry. It's unfortunate. It's the great thing about having kids together, but it's also the unfortunate thing because you're just like, oh, you have to deal with this person and like having to like bite your tongue. And my therapist always said, she's like, you don't owe him anything. I'm like, yeah, but I feel bad. I'm like, he wants a trick or treat, but I'm like, I just like, but then I leave and it hurts me. But what's best for the kids is that we probably did together. And she's like Janna, some some people don't even aren't even at the drop offs. They just exchange, you know. She's like, you've been very nice considering everything, but it's still like the I'm always trying to, like trying to keep the peace, even though like it's like an inside war inside.
Speaker 3: Of my trying to do what you think is best for the kids, but you also doing it together may not be what's best for the kids. I'm sure divorce always did stuff together and I didn't like it. I wanted them to be separate. I didn't like the energy of I was older, but I didn't like the energy of them doing everything together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they can feel it. They can definitely feel when you're not when you are upset, Like even if you're putting on a smiley face and acting like you're fine, they know and I and sometimes you're right, it's better to just not even put yourself in that situation.
Speaker 2: That's so true. Okay, well let's move on to happier things because Halloween Halloween, and we're moving on from Halloween, move on Thanksgiving, Christmas. You are a darling in the Christmas movies and you've got your new one coming out on Filo. And what's because I always wonder this. I mean, you know, I do a Christmas movie here and there, and if there's one thing that you can change in the formula of a Christmas movie, what would that be one thing?
Speaker 5: I mean?
Speaker 6: But there's something so just familiar and like warm and fuzzy about the formula that I kind of don't want to mess with it.
Speaker 1: Like this movie that I just did.
Speaker 6: It's called A Kind Hearted Christmas and it was called Secret Santa at first, but they change the title because I've already been in a movie called Christanta, so I guess they decided that they would find something original. But yeah, I was like, oh, you know, it's just it's one of those Christmas movies where it starts out like this, and then this happens, and then this happens, and then it ends up happy. But that's a Christmas movie and that's why we love them, and that's why we watch them. And that's why they're addictive. Like I could watch Christmas movies twenty four to seven because they.
Speaker 2: Make me feel good, and the whole family don't watch them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the whole family can watch them, and you know what's gonna happen, and there's no like surprises or anything. It's just it's like eye candy and you turn your brain off and you just have a good like you know, you get in the spirit.
Speaker 2: No, it's so true, and I love how like you can probably count how many almost kisses there are.
Speaker 1: Under the mistle toe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the almost kiss and then the the car comes up and then it's like it's like.
Speaker 6: Our movie we were under the Christmas we were under the missile toe, and the Christmas carollers interrupted it, of course, because that always happened. Obviously dressed in the soul like Christmas caroler costumes walk by and you're like, oh, oh, we should go, it's getting late, right.
Speaker 2: Have you ever I mean, I'm shoot, I'm sure because of all the stuff that you've done. But I had, especially in these movies where you have to have such an energetic chemistry, have you ever just like truly hated the person and had zero chemistry.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would be lying if I Isn't that so hard? Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's really hard. But that's why we're actors.
Speaker 6: You gotta act like you like them, and then there's no other option. And you know, I mean that happens a lot, unfortunately, not like you can't stand somebody where they just don't have that chemistry or you just don't really know much about them or.
Speaker 1: Like them that much. So it happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And obviously now you're married and happy, what kind of boundaries do you have when you do have intimate scenes with somebody else.
Speaker 6: This is funny because you know, I was really nervous to do this movie first of all, which is not really like me because I've done quite a number of them, and then you know, I shouldn't be nervous, but I was nervous because I haven't done a movie like this, like a feel good movie or like a rommy comy kind of like where I have to look good and be cute and funny and perky and all those things.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: It just came off of a year of living in my bathtub basically, you know, dealing with depression and anxiety and all of the things, and then you know, expected to just show up and look at her vescent and you know, all the things you're supposed I felt like there was a lot of pressure put on me by myself, but honestly, just a lot of pressure because there's a lot of pressure. There's the fans and the critics and the viewers and the network and the executives and the director and the co stars and the grips. I mean, everybody is looking at the person that's starring in the movie to be something. So yeah, So while I was putting all that pressure on myself, I wasn't even really thinking about, like how me doing a romantic comedy would sort of affect my husband because since we've been married, I haven't really done that many, you know, romantic scenes or had to play chemistry on screen with somebody else just a couple of times, and I always have to stop and think, how is this affecting him? But he's really funny. He deals with things with humor, and so a lot of times he would say things like, oh, yeah, Cam's Cam's in really good shape. He calls him Cam, never met him, Cam's in really good shape. Yeah you like that, Like he would just make fun of it or the craziest thing happened the other day. So you know, when you do a movie, they do a photo shoot with you for like the artwork for the show or whatever. So Cameron and I did that obviously, and we.
Speaker 1: You know, all holding each other, looking into each other's eyes and just smiling and you know, all the things you have to do.
Speaker 6: And they sent me all of the pictures to like go through and kill ones where are like kidious in And they sent it to my Google whatever. And apparently my husband and I share the Google thing, and he caught this email and opened it and was faced with like all of these images and me and Cameron.
Speaker 2: Like, Karen Mackinson is a very handsome. Yeah, he's like man, he's like the like he's like he's tall, I mean, he's he's basically like an older Ken Doll. Like he's just all the things. Yes, I met him when I was eighteen and I was working on all my children, and like I still have his headshot that he gave me and probably my like high school diary.
Speaker 1: And he probably looks exactly the same exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it was just funny how he kind of dealt with it and we just joke about it and kind of try to keep it light because you know, I love Cameron, but I don't love Cameron like that.
Speaker 1: Sure you know what I mean, you love the care chemistry. Yeah, we we have.
Speaker 6: I love him as a person too, but we have chemistry on screen. But I mean I've always said this, I could have chemistry with a doorknob, Like that's what I do. Like if if somebody says, act like you love that doorknob, I'm going to act like I love that or not because that's my job. So I people, I think that the whole like you know, chemistry with actors is sometimes overinflated and sometimes misinterpreted as actual real chemistry because it's just not And but there have been times when it has been. But you know, you mature and you know the difference now between what's real and what's not real. And for sure, I don't know, so it's just different now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I hear that for sure, especially when you know, because I've had that issue with a few of my last co stars because I do post and I'm you know, very friendly and like oh like you know, not like I don't know if people say it's flirty, but I'm just kind of like that's just your personality. Yeah, And so people are like, oh, I'm like he's married nineteen years and no, like I just as just us having fun on set and it's just but sure whatever, like you know, the chemistry will show on on film. But yeah, again, that's what we do, and that's what we have to do to make people's wrapping presence days a little lighter and fun and full of love.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's crazy that it's a weird job when you think about it, like what we do and you know, being romantic with strangers and in front of a crew, it's all just weird.
Speaker 2: But and then having to separate it and go home and be like, okay, exactly, I'm actually in love with you, but I had to be in love with this person but not really like yeah, it's insane, it's weird, it's I don't know, it's.
Speaker 1: Not further, it's not the easiest thing to do, but we figure it out for sure.
Speaker 2: You know, I have something that you mentioned to before we start talking about that and a lot of people, I mean I deal with it as well. But what was the thing that basically got you out of your anxiety and depression before you did this movie.
Speaker 1: Well on top of you know, just the year that we had and all the things that went with that.
Speaker 6: My a week before I went to do this film, my middle daughter left for college, and I was destroyed. Like I'm very, very very close with my middle daughter. I mean, I'm close with all of them, but she's like my mini me. And I took her to college and moved her in and got her all situated and left her and that was one of the most Like there are probably four or five days of my life that have just rocked me to the core, and that was one of them. And you know, three or four days later, I had to be back on another plane going to Vancouver to do this movie. And I was worried because when I feel something, my whole body feels it, like I can't hide it, you know, if I'm upset, it comes across on my face and my eyes, like my skin everything. And I had to just before we started that movie, I had like two days of sort of confinement or whatever for COVID, and I just watched back to back Christmas movies all day long and all night long to try to get myself like up up, up, and to stop thinking about like the reality of what I just experienced. So it's in this case, it was about just changing my view, you know, and trying to like separate it. And then I when I wrapped, I was like, Okay, now I can go back to mourning the you know, the loss of my daughter like in the next room with.
Speaker 3: Me all the time.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So you kind of just have to like focus on what's right in front of you and put your energy on that and that will usually lift, you know, lift you out of a mood.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh shoot, yeah, And that's that's so true. I remember I was filming in Connecticut and I got the call from my lawyer was right before I went into set that I was finalized. So it's like, you know, then you got to go walk into set and like everyone knows, they're all looking at you being like, is she going to be a mess today? Is she going to like well, it's like, you know, you cry. I worked, then I went home and cried. But it's just like I think that's a really good point of just what's in front of you, what's right there, what can you you know?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I'm a super emotionful person. I like to call it emotion ful instead of emotional, because I love my emotions and I wouldn't want to be any other way. Some people think it, think of it as a negative thing, but I definitely don't. And so, you know, being doing what I do for as long since I was sixteen years old, there have been a lot of times when bad stuff has been going on in my real life and I have to go and pretend like everything's hunky dory in front of you know, hundreds of people and in front of the camera, and you just, you know, you tough enough you figure out how to do that, and you'd go and give yourself the time that you need for like that thirty seconds, thirty minutes, whatever it is, and then you suck.
Speaker 1: It up and you go out there and you do your job.
Speaker 6: Yeap. So no, for sure, this is one of those situations. But being you know, in this situation, being around like just a really great crew, really great cast, and just really positive energy all around on this film, which was one of the first times I've really just loved every aspect of making a movie. And I didn't think I would, but I really had a great experience on this film.
Speaker 2: Amazing so make sure to watch a kind Hearted Christmas on GAC on filow which actually, by the way, Jenny, can you explain the new GAC and what's happening over there.
Speaker 6: Yes, GAC used to be a Great American Country, so a lot of people already have it, but now it's called Great American Channel, and this is Great American Channel Family Ghack Family, and I definitely recommend looking into it if you are interested in good Christmas movies and nice, you know, movies for the whole family, because that's what this network is all about, is making family friendly programming.
Speaker 2: For sure, and it's way less than cable, which is why we have it. So thanks Jenny, I appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 1: You got it.
Speaker 2: Bye guys, Bye Sea, Thank you girl. You know what also is on Filo this coming year because a lot of people are like, I don't have lifetime, but guess what if you get Filo, you can watch a holiday fix. Catherine was actually there, we see were there when we were filming.
Speaker 3: There was a few of them. There was a few, yeah, I don't know, a bunch of different houses, that's all I remember.
Speaker 2: I had so much fun filming this movie, and I'm just I really really really want y'all to get Filo because I want you to watch The Holiday Fix Up on Lifetime because I produced it.
Speaker 1: Y'all, you did a great job.
Speaker 3: You were to hard on this. Thank you, like you started what gosh six months before.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Ryan always jokes, He's like, I went through a marriage and a divorce with you. You were like constantly on calls and I know we've been working on this for a while. It was it was Ryan's idea. He and I was his main pick for the for the love interest. And when I I think it was in oh gosh, when was it. I think it was in February when I got the call from Lifetime saying like, hey, Ryan McPartland and these producers Stephanie Margaret would love for you to like meet with them about a potential, you know, movie with them. And I was like, well, great, send me the script and they're like, well there isn't one, and I was like, oh, well that's intriguing. Like then I can maybe help and put my two cents in there. And that's what Ryan and I did. I mean, we both were able to help produce and come up with the storyline, and it was so nice to have like that, that creative input and then see it come to life. Yeah, more so, because usually I have the script and then it's like I don't rea get to change it that much. But this way, I was like, I'm actually like a producer, like I got to help with casting.
Speaker 1: And so did you love that?
Speaker 3: Like would you want to produce more? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it so much. We're already working on the next Christmas one.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love it. I know, but it wrote a song. I mean I did so much with this.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and that was actually Ryan's idea. He's like, we should you should sing a song for the movie. I was like, no, I don't think so. And then as the movie went on, I was like, well maybe, you know, let's let's kind of discuss it. So then we met up with Christian bush and from Sugarland and you know, so yeah, the song will play in there, and but yeah it was it was just but I did throw something in there because I was so sick and tired of the almost kiss. I was like, I don't want to almost kiss. I want like I don't want to have people have to wait till the end, you know, I want to kiss. And then I want conflict, like I want this to be some like somewhat real.
Speaker 3: And they let you. They did. Yeah I know, Hey, it's never been done.
Speaker 2: This is the most dramatic a lifetime show you can watch on Filo called The Holiday fix Up. But seriously, I hope you guys love it because there was a lot of hard work and it was a saving grace at the time of it too, So I can't wait to watch it.