Speaker 1: All right, this is Jeffrey Lord filling in for our friend Sean Hannity. And our phone number here is eight hundred ninety four one seven three two six or eight hundred ninety four to one Sean. So let's, uh, let's spend a little time on the phones here. And what I see up here is our friend Claire from Florida. And Claire, why don't you tell us a little bit about why you called?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I'm a lifetime Republican and I could rattle off all the names to prove that, but so I am a Republican.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 2: I think that Biden pardoning Hunter was the right thing to do as a father. That's his responsibility. If Biden had not pardoned Hunter, he would be castigated about it for the rest of his life. Now. I hope people will call in and discuss that with you. But that's my opinion. I'm not improving. I don't approve of Biden, but I approve of pardoning his son because he is the father.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, you might it might surprise you, Claire, but I tend to agree with you on that. I just think that I think there's so much more and I think we will find out as we move away from the Biden era that memoirs will come out and investigative reports will come out. I think we will learn a lot that is not very favorable to the Biden family, or as they've been mimicked, to the Biden crime family. I think that is important to get to. But I think in this situation and remembering in terms of family history, I was not to date myself, but I was in college when Joe Biden was elected to the United States Senator. He was twenty nine years old, soon to turn the required age of thirty, and this to be elected a United States Senator was a big deal. And within a matter of weeks after that, there was a car accident that killed his wife and little girl, and I think injured Hunter and brother bo and I suspect. And then then, of course, a number of years later, Bo draw passes away from cancer. I think, if you're the father in that situation, that's enough, and you wanted Hunter has I think unquestionably made a mess of things. That's his problem. He'll have to He'll have the rest of his life to get his acting gear. But I do think that I don't think that Joe Biden could have done or would have done anything else, and so you know, on we go and I and I think just in terms of the bidens in general, I think now the time is here to move on, to move forward. And having studied presidents enough from you know, George Washington on and having worked for a president, I worked for President Reagan, what happens is the men their successor is elected. It's kind of it sounds kind of harsh, but wow, people just turn their attention from that person who had been president and turn it to who the new guy is. So I think that process has already started. I think you saw it at the international level, as I was saying earlier when President Trump President elect Trump went to France to celebrate the Notre Dame source. So okay, Claire, well, Claire, thank you very much. I think that was a good thing to get cleared up here. I need to turn now, want to turn now to my old friend mattch Slap of the American Conservative Union. Hello there, Matthew, how are you hey?
Speaker 4: Jeffrey, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Hanukkah and all the rest. Yeah, I think it's great, Yes.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: Indeed, it is indeed, and I was sort of wondering, what's your take now that you know twenty twenty four is behind us, twenty twenty five is beginning to take shape. Matt, for those who are unaware, is also the head along with wife Mercy. And by the way, Matt, something some little bird told me there was something going on with missus Schlapp today. I don't know what that might be.
Speaker 4: She got a little bit older today, just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, that means she's finally eighteen. Well, that's that's good. That's good. Well, I think that you know, Sea Pack and the Conservative Union and all this, we have our work cut out for us, and it's going to be very interesting to see as we move into twenty twenty five and presumably the next four years. What's your take on what lies ahead for us?
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, I have to say DETI thinks and gratitude to you, Jeffrey, because you saw what was going on in the country. You were a Reagan guy. I was a push guy, and you saw what was going on with Donald Trump and you were with him early and you stuck by him. I'm very proud of SEAPAC no matter what happened. We stuck by Trump. We put him on our stage in Orlando, Florida when they closed this down in Washington, DC. Yes, and we put Donald Trump on the stage about fifty days after January sixth, and you know, caused the controversy at the board. Some of our people said, you can't invite Donald Trump after j six and I said, no way, He's going to be on our stage. He's our president. And you guys have J six all wrong. And so now we're to today after all of that, and all I can say is, I don't know if there's a more important year than twenty twenty five, and probably I don't know the last eighty years. This is a big one.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think that's absolutely right. I think it's absolutely right. There's all kinds of things that can gonna happen here. And I'm led to believe that Mercedes is on the line. Is that true?
Speaker 4: Do we have mercy?
Speaker 1: I hope they're telling me that she just vanished. Don't you love twenty first century technology?
Speaker 4: Man, end the phone over to her when you're ready for her. Here's my take on this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: We've got this first year of her presidency is awfully important. It's critical we have these small majorities in the House and Senate, and and for those of us who are insiders and know too much, it's easy to get discouraged. But for everyone else who's just rooting Trump on, I think the key is is we got to keep these congressional Republicans, the Senate Republicans on the Trump train. They got to get a plan on this budget. I read lots of theories and talk to a lot of people that have different theories about what they can do on the budget. But I'd just want them to get on the same page on the budget, between Speaker Johnson and John Food and the President and his team. And my advice to them would be keep it simple stupid. Not that any of them are stupid, but you know, Republicans have a hard time sticking together, and in this case, I think if they try for one budget resolution, get the taxes in there, get all the border stuff you need in there, at a few other policies that we all are on board, get one done, and don't be too worried about how fast you do it, and then let's see how much time we have left on the clock to do a second one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I remember vividly when I was starting out my career in Washington, I was working for Congressman Budd Schuster from Pennsylvania. Oh yeah, legendary, legendary indeed. And while he was particularly famous for serving as later as Chair of the House Public Works and Transportation Committee as was then called, he also served on the House Budget Committee and as his legislative director. And I was assigned to, you know, do the staff work and go to all these budget committee meetings and read the federal budget, which, as you know, was thousands of pages and all of this kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you could do it back then. I don't think you could today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's I think that's about right.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I learned which sort of took me aback, and I have remembered this, oh is is it wasn't just liberal Democrats on the committee who were putting stuff in this budget. It was Republicans. And I thought, oh, my goodness, what you know, what what is going on here? And you know, all these years later, I can see why so many Americans who sort of caught on to how this works, are making complaints about the so called uniparty and that kind of thing. What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will tell you the birthday girl has joined us. Ah Mercy is here, and I'll give you a quick answer because I know you're gonna want to talk to her. But my view is this, which is it's a pox on both their houses. They are both parties, both major parties are responsible for outrageous decision making around the budget. Most Republican presidents haven't helped the matter.
Speaker 3: I mean, the.
Speaker 4: Problem is when Reagan was president and we actually had budget fights closed down the government or the government was closed, as you'd say, and then Nuke Ingridge tried to do the same thing. When we got the majority in the House for the first time in foury or whatever years, it was the the and the Republicans over corrected. They thought, oh my god, we lost the shutdown fight with Bill Clinton, We'll never win a budget fight again. We might as well just join them on the spending front, with our Republican pork joining the Democratic pork. And it's resulted in a very precarious financial situation for America, which means the free world is in a very precarious position, and I really applaud those Republicans who were saying, look, enough is enough. We've got to kind of rein in the spending. And it's not just the CRS. This is like a little fraction of the budget. You know, when you were working on the Hill, that was a big part of the budget. Now it's a tiny little part because we've put almost all the government on autopilot with the mandatory spending, which is kind of a made up title, and we've got to get into all that spending. You know, I don't know if President Trump wants this to be a focus of his but the fact is we don't have much time left, and Republicans better starting like the Reagan Republicans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marcy, what are your thoughts on where on where President Trump goes with all of this that we're coming along with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, Look, I think it's very important for President Trump to remain the top. How can I say, spokesperson leader of talking about these budget fights. I think that you know, of course Elon and they have an important role. They're leading the DOGE efforts, but you know, they really have never worked in Washington the day and I think it's important for them to understand that they will have to work closely with the Office of Management and Budget and uh and figure out, you know, yes, strip out, take out all these DEI initiatives throughout all of the government, figure out where this all this misspending is happening. I mean, you're talking about that the Pentagon couldn't even you know, they failed their audits seven times. You know, there there needs to be major fixes in the government. With that being said, Uh, you know, I do think that the that the American people are expecting tax cuts, they're expecting tax cuts quickly, and I think that has to be the top priority in addition to securing the border and making sure that if they move forward with this sort of deportation plan, that it's not going to be come into a you know, public relations fiasco, but really hone in on these criminal aliens. So I think that there that is where the top priority has to be. I do think that, you know, I've been watching uh, you know X yesterday and today, and I see the Veke commenting about you know, the immigration visas and and and elon as well, and I'm like, dude, guys, stay out of immigration, stay in your lane. Focus on cutting the government. Don't get off message because at the end of the day, it is President Trump, it is President Trump's agenda, and we all just have we have to support him to make sure that his agenda gets accomplished. And he's going to have a very short window because as you know this, Jeffrey, that your political capital, you start losing it after a year or two, right. Uh, And and he's got to move quickly.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Just as a matter of curiosity, are Elon and k are they coming? Have they especially any interest in coming to Sea pac.
Speaker 4: We have and Eve has been uh, you know, he's come very regularly last couple of seapacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So when we've actually worked really closely with and uh, I don't have a relationship with Elon musk As then Mercy and I had a wonderful conversation with him in marrow Ago a few weeks ago when we had the event down there. And we've talked with some of these people and they say he wants to come, and we of course love to have him. But you know, our focus is two things. Number one, what's the best way to use ce Pack to push the Trump agenda? And we'll be right in the middle of the first one hundred days when SEPAC starts in February and Washington DC, so like it's almost like the midterms, right, Like, how are we doing so far? How many cabin secretaries have been confirmed? Where are we on this agenda? How many of these day one executive orders are being fought out in courtrooms, which I think one hundred percent will sadly, so, I think we have to use spack to leverage all the people around the country who are so excited that Trump won. But the second thing CEPAC has to do, Jeffrey, is what it's done really well in the last few years. We've broad in this effort. People say, big ten, I don't really love that analogy, but we've expanded this coalition. We are the first people to invite Tulfa Gabbert, We were the first people to invite Donald Trump. We were the first people to invite Robert F. Kennedy Junior. Like when these new voices popped up on one issue area, we didn't say, oh, you can't join our club because you don't agree with us on everything. We said, hey, why don't you come over to our club. We'd like to hear your thoughts. And it's a great ride. As we expand this coalition, it's less about parties. Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's right, and I think alas we're running out of time here, but I do think that the parties have switch positions, if you will. I think the Republican Party is the party of working class Americans, working Americans, and I think that's a good thing. That's a good thing. I think this started with President Reagan, and President Trump has taken it to the max. So well, Matt Mercy, thank you very much. I will make plans to see you at sea pack and happy birthday.
Speaker 5: There to the missus Mary Christmas.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas, and happy New Year. Right, okay, thank you very much, and we'll be back. This is Jeffrey Lord in for Sean Hannity, and if you want to call in, our number is eight hundred and nine four one seven three two six. All right, welcome back. This is Jeffrey Lord filling in for our friend Sean Hannity. Our number here is eight hundred and nine four one seven three two six, And let's take a call from John in North Carolina.
Speaker 6: Hey, Jeffrey, how you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great, and you happy New Year.
Speaker 6: You know, and all the rest, Yes, sir, I'm enjoying the time off. My comment is I've been following politics and you know, listen to talk radio for many, many, many years, and about fifteen years ago I started. I'm an independent voter. I'm not a member of any party, but I do vote. I use common sense. I back Trump. And what I don't understand is about fifteen years ago I looked at everything and I said, you know what, the behavior of these Democrats, they're just like organized crime. And I felt and it's not meant to be an attack. It's not meant to, you know, be name calling, except it it aptly identifies what we're up against. And if you if you look at the traits of organized crime such as tax evasion, which Hunter Biden does, uh or and you're on people are on the take. We're always finding and I'm not saying Republicans or you know that avoid any of this. But the con men, you know, the term con men comes from confidence men the people that can go out and right.
Speaker 3: We fool you.
Speaker 6: So I what I'm saying here is I think the media commentators that are trying to be as truthfuls as they can really It's like when Trump got that got the term fake news to stick. I think we should try to get the term organized crime to stick whenever we're talking about either deep state.
Speaker 1: Well, i'll tell you, you know, I don't know whether the organized crime thing will fit or not, but I think you're onto something. And I was thinking about this, and I'm of an age that I remember vividly as a child. My parents were very active in Republican politics and Massachusetts, so they were always very interested in what was going on, and together we watched in January of nineteen sixty one, I was in the fourth grade, Hello President Kennedy being sworn in and giving us inaugural address, which was very memorable. The phrase that's stuck asked, not what you can do what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. And I know, without question, and I was one of them. It inspired young people to get into politics. Now that said, I think that the problem eventually became that young people who were doing this, that's all they were going to do, and it was a limited experience. Looking back, they didn't say, well, I'm going to go build a business, or I'm going to do this or I'm going to do that that has nothing to do with politics. They just stuck with politics all the time, and this is what encouraged I think a lot of you know, or fair share of elected officials. It's just, you know, that's all they do all the time. And I think over time that that is not a good situation here for them or for the country. I think that they get so wrapped up in this. I think Joe Biden, frankly, is a perfect example of this. He was twenty nine years old when he was elected to the United States Senate and makes what I don't know whether it's one hundred and fifty or two hundred thousand dollars something as a United States senator. How in the world to afford multimillion dollar houses and all of this kind of thing. Well, he affords it because he so go the allegations he was the big guy peddling you know, political influence in return for money in Ukraine and these other places. I don't think that Joe Biden is alone. He may be a standalone in terms of the size and the amount and the offices he held, but I'm willing to bet you could find people in public office alas unfortunately at much lower levels of government, a local or state, who were doing some version of the same thing. And that's where I think this has gotten off the rails here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you have to be you know what that said. You have to come from an honest foundation. I've worked for major corporations, I've lived overseas in the Middle East, I've worked with high I was not in a military, but I worked on big dollar Middle Eastern in the private corporations and I saw I would I dealt directly with corporate officers that were less than honest. They were lying, and I knew it. I couldn't say anything at the time because I didn't have the power. But the corruption and people's people are too dishonest. Everybody's got to look into the soul mirror and you know, make sure that you're doing.
Speaker 3: The right thing.
Speaker 1: Well, you have to be raised by parents who are raising you with a sense of integrity. I think that's that's number one, and sometimes I think that that sort of falls down and that is definitely not a good thing. So well, John, thank you very much for calling. Let let me see do we have some time here. I think we're going to move on to Josh in Minnesota. Welcome to Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 3: Thanks taking the call.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely, So what do you want to talk about, Josh?
Speaker 3: Well, first, I was going to talk about Biden, but they need to start talking about this shift in the in the political parties. And you know, I grew up in northwest Minnesota. My grandmother was a DFL delicate but was also a strong believer in pro life wow. And my grand my grandfather was a brick layer president of the brick Layers Union. And I grew up in this area. You know, we were strong Democrats, and our state representative was a Democrat, and and we had Colin Peterson from this area going to Washington, and it all shifted about I don't remember exactly what time, but about you know, the Obama administration. You know, those representatives kind of retired and since then, this whole area has voted Republican. And you know, we said shell fishbock to Washington and we've got a Republican local rep. And it's just, you know, we grew up with those values that you know, I'm a veteran and you grew up with loving your country and just kind of you know, middle moderate conservative type values and what was once. You know, what my grandmother would have sported as a DFL delegate would have been more Republican views. Now yeah, no, And as a fifty year old white male, I almost feel like a minority now. And I'm really scared for my kids the way, you know, the state of the political parties in the country have taken over.
Speaker 1: You know, well, I noticed it says here that you were you were appalled that Biden was making false comments on his way out of office, And.
Speaker 3: Yeah, saying that, you know, he wholeheartedly believes he left the country in a better states right he took over, is just absurd.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you something about President Biden. I personally have long since come to the belief that he's just kind of sloppy about what he does and boasting when he does that. And I had a personal experience in the longe ago. When I was a kid, a teenager, I was a big Bobby Kennedy fan. This would be the father of the current RFK junior And when he died it was tragedy. They put out these long playing records. I was in high school. I bought the records and memorized his speeches. Now, that's nineteen sixty eight. In nineteen September of nineteen eighty seven, I was working in the White House for President Reagan as a political director, and Joe Biden had just finished chairing the sort of disgraceful Robert Bork hearings for the Supreme Court, really not doing a good job of it. But he was also running for president, and he got caught by Governor Michael Ducacus, his Democrat opponent, plagiarizing from the British Labor Party leader. His name was Neil Kinnick, and the campaign said, oh, was misake or whatever, he didn't do this that kind of thing. Well, I knew differently, and the reason was that back in February of that year, we'd had a big snowstorm in Washington, and Washington is terrible in snowstorms. Everything shuts down. I live relatively nearby, so I walked to my office in the White House totally alone in there, nothing going on, the phone isn't ringing, So I thought, well, I'll see what's on c SPAN, since you know, I can't do anything, And there was Joe Biden giving a speech to the California Democratic Convention, and I thought, well, that's interesting. He's supposed to be a good speaker. I'll listen. I listened, and what did I find. I was getting to the end of his sentences before he was. And why was that? Because he was plagiarizing from Robert Kennedy, and I, you know, had the presence of mind to pick up. I called a reporter at the New York Times, Maureen Dowd by name, and brought over my records, lung playing records to the New York Times, and within a matter of days there was a front page story about questions being raised by his speeches and quoted, among others, my much younger self and all this kind of thing. But I just was I was amazed. I thought, how can anybody think? I mean, Robert F. Kennedy Senior was one of the most famous people on the planet at that point, now deceased twenty years by by the time this incident happened. But still in all, you know, I'm here in New York and I go best signs for the RFK Bridge. The Justice Department in Washington is named after Bobby Kennedy. So to think that you could sort of, you know, take something from him and nobody would notice I thought was just you know, wow, yeah, but typical. I think, you know, it just sloppy in terms of how this how he sort of operates here, and I think I think we're paying a price Afghanistan, that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I grew up listening to Paul Harvey of the radio.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, you know, you know.
Speaker 3: Eithers don't have shows like that anymore. Anyways, We've got family members that are far right, and I got family members that are I just kind of keep my mouth set. You know. I believe in I believe in Trump's policies, but sometimes I wish you'd just stay off Twitter.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, that's a modern thing, and I don't think that's ever going to go away, whether it's Trump or anybody else. I think that, uh great, you know, this is this is ingrained. You know, I remember reading historically that I think it was nineteen twenty that there was the first radio broadcast of a national political convention, because radio was itself brand new, and you know, over time this the technology changes, and then we got to television and you had that famous nineteen sixty television debate with Kennedy and Nixon, and the question became how to use makeup and all this kind of thing because Kennedy took the makeup Nixon didn't, and people thought that those who watched on television thought Nixon lost, and those who listened to it on the radio thirty one. But my point is the technology changes, and we are in the twenty first century, so buckle in. It's more or less what we've got to do here.
Speaker 3: Long for the old bees.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, things were much simpler in those days now, and I always am sort of, you know, simultaneously horrified and amused. You see somebody who commits a crime and they have no recognition that there are cameras all over the place like this knit with who killed the healthcare executives. So well, Josh, thank you very much for calling. And this is Jeffrey Lord filling in for Sean Hannity. And give us a call at eight hundred nine for one seven three two six and we'll be back. All right. This is Jeffrey Lord in for our friend Sean Hannity, and uh we are going to uh be reached here at eight hundred and nine four one seven three two six. And let's go to Greg in Iowa, who wants to talk a little bit more about Hunter.
Speaker 7: Good afternoon, sir, Good afternoon. So my point is with Hunter, and I know it's a terrible deal, you know, especially for his dad, even though it's you know, it's Joe Biden. But if you love your child, discipline him.
Speaker 6: If you your child.
Speaker 7: Don't, and you know now that he's been given a free pass, you know what, what's what's it going to be like for the next ten years. I think we all know what the outcome is going to be. You know, he's gonna he's gonna end up in the in the gutter again, and they'll probably you know, an unfortunate outcome that comes along with that. But all that being said, Biden had to pardon him to take all the legal troubles off the plate, because if Hunter went to court, Biden was going to end up in court.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's I think that's a considerable situation there. I think you're you're absolutely right that I mean the infamous reference to the big guy ten percent for the big guy who might that be? And I do think that they were as long as Hunter was out there, that they were in a position to find themselves very much in trouble here. And so I think he's done what he's done to you know, in part because it's Hunter. I don't have any doubt about this. And you're you're right, he's he's walked away with excuses his whole life. And you know the question is now, what is he fifty years old something like that? Is he going to fifty eight? You know, get his actica there and change his uh his operation here and and get us act together to be decided. We will see. So, uh well, thank you very much, great for calling. We are going to go into another break here. This is Jeffrey Lord filling in for Sean Hannity at eight hundred and ninety four one seven, three, two six